Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on this stock movers report. The company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenebeck, Romain Bostik, and Scarlet.
Speaker 3: Food checking in on the S and P five hundred. Romain, you've got almost an even split even with records on Wall Street. So what does that mean? Two hundred and forty five names in the S and P five hundred gaining ground today, two hundred and fifty six Matt to the downside to unchanged.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's pretty interesting.
Speaker 5: We've had pretty bad breadth all day long. But as Romain and I were talking about, it's all about the big tech stocks, information technology, a big green slice of your IMAP pie right now, and after nvidio I said it's going to invest one hundred billion dollars in open AI, what.
Speaker 4: Else would you expect.
Speaker 5: That's the kind of announcement that absolutely powers the market higher.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. So I'm going to start with Nvidia, Matt, because that one finishing just off its highs of this session, but still up just shy a four percent. As you said, Nvidia going to invest one hundred million dollars in open AI to sport the building of new data centers and the infrastructure needed to power AI workloads. Keep in mind it's a letter of intent, which is kind of just interesting. So it's a planned so we'll see how it all plays out. But nonetheless it did send Nvidia much much higher. In fact, the whole semi group was higher. As I said earlier on a bunch of calls to from the analyst community, Hey, I got to go to Oracle finishing pretty much at its best levels of the session again more than six percent. This as the company is said to be responsible for the algorithm, the securing of the algorithm for TikTok. Really in the United States, you.
Speaker 5: Think that's driving the stock higher TikTok You don't think it is.
Speaker 4: I think maybe it's because they have two new co CEOs.
Speaker 3: You think it's because they have two new co CEOs.
Speaker 4: I mean, what is TikTok want?
Speaker 5: And the really power they're earning hire It's not the kind of three hundred billion dollar order that you get from Where's.
Speaker 6: Kg Hey, where's Katie?
Speaker 1: So where's Kase?
Speaker 4: She's on TikTok at home?
Speaker 3: Well, listen, Oracle has this close relationship with TikTok in the United States, so securing and being still involved in that certainly would mean some business momentum for them. I don't know everything Oracle does. They seem to be on fire right now, so okay.
Speaker 4: I feel like they weren't getting kicked out of the TikTok story. Yeah. By the way, the stock has doubled year to.
Speaker 3: Date, I know, which is why we did like a ten minute segment on what's going on with Oracle because they just seem to be everywhere right now. Okay, that's just like a we all right stocks writer, Right, I've got one more tickers B E, t R, better Home and what is it?
Speaker 1: Better Home and what and financing holdings.
Speaker 3: It's right there on the screen.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Well, you know I've got you know, not like U TV people who've got like, you know stuff. I've got a lot of things I got to do over here. Stock is up about forties forty seven percent at the close, was up as much as one hundred and seventy five percent. This happened as EMJ Capital's Eric Jackson said the hedge.
Speaker 4: Fund was long the stock.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is the guy you know behind open door, and we saw the momentum there. But this one, I mean, it's not even a big company, is it. I mean, we're talking about a seven hundred and sixty four million dollar market cap company. But nonetheless he came out and said he's long and investors moved into it.
Speaker 6: All right, those are the gainers. I got the decliners. I'm watching shares of Kenview actually falling close to a record low. We're closing at a record low, excuse me, down seven and a half percent today. This after the Trump administration, we learned plans to link the active ingredient and tile and all to autism and warn pregnant women against using the medication unless they have a fever. We are expecting President Trump to make some comments soon when it comes to this. We will bring those comments to you live when we do get them. Formerly the consumer health Care division of Johnson and Johnson. By the way, so only a few years as a spindependent, spun out company can view that. As Disney share has finished the day down one percent, it was done as much as two percent earlier in the session. It bounced higher a bit after the company said that Jimmy Kimmellive will return to air on Tuesday, ending a suspension in post following controversial remarks that he made about the assassination of Republican activist Charlie Kirk. We're getting some more details about that. We are reporting that Kimmel will address the Kirk controversy when he returns to the show. Yes, he will.
Speaker 5: He will.
Speaker 4: Not if he just came back and didn't mention it.
Speaker 6: That would be weird, and he will. Also, we learned that he personally negotiated a return with Bob Bob Iger over at Disney in addition to Walden as well. Disney shares falling by about one percent today, and finally, some M and A news sending shares of Compass, the real estate firm, lower today, down fifteen point seven percent. Company shares fell after the company agreed to buy Anywhere real Estate. It's a one point five billion dollar stock deal Marrek. Anywhere has brands including Coldwell Banker, Corkoran, Southeby's International Realty, so it's going to be a big player when it comes to the largest residential brokerage in the US.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to a quick check on yields here. We actually did see yields actually rise today modestly, basically about two basis points almost across the curve, three basis points on the short end. This despite some of the commentary that we heard a little bit earlier from the Trump Trump's appointee to the FED Governorship, Stephen Myron, giving a speech at the Economic Club of New York, saying that he actually wants to see a more aggressive rate cutting cycle to protect the labor market. But then we have heard from Beth Hammick and a few other FED members kind of saying, well, maybe not. Let's hold off here. So interesting to see who the market's paying attention to right now, which seems to be more on the cautious side than anything else.
Speaker 2: This stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto. The Bloomberg Business app.