Speaker 1: It's the best BIF of the week.
Speaker 2: With Morgan Part two, she's breaking down the top seven segments from the Bobby Bone Show this week.
Speaker 3: What's up everybody? Happy weekend?
Speaker 4: The bits off here now while you're listening to this, I am currently in Florida for a friends bachelorette, so I hope you are also enjoying your weekend like me and maybe not hungover, which I may be in this very moment.
Speaker 3: Who knows, But for now.
Speaker 4: Let's get caught up on the Bobby Bone Show for this week. Be sure after you listen to this to go check out Part one and Part three with Scuba Steve this weekend.
Speaker 3: It was really fun. I had a lot of random questions for Scuba Steve.
Speaker 4: On part one, we talked about a lifetime supply of something we want to own, are beige flags, the kind of year we're having right now, like his has to do with growth, mine has to do with weddings and love. And then part three we answered listener questions which we got some compliments for Scuba Steve.
Speaker 1: I always love.
Speaker 4: Starting out with compliments, and then his proposal story of how he proposed to his wife. So really good stuff over there. But for now the reason you're here, just the bit let's go. We did the Bobby Bone Show rejected segments. So these are segments that didn't quite make the air, as in they had their own segments.
Speaker 3: They were this whole thing.
Speaker 4: They made it in rejected segments, so we still talked about it, but they.
Speaker 3: Weren't quite great. And this is the first time I've come in at number one.
Speaker 5: So here we are number seven.
Speaker 6: It's no time for rejected segments. Rejected segments, segments that were pitched that no chance they were going to get on the air. I will say this. The number one rejected segment comes from Morgan What which I don't know? What has ever happened before?
Speaker 1: What did I do wrong?
Speaker 6: We'll get to it to the second. Number five is from Mike d Number five, we challenge Lunchbox and Eddy to stay overnight at a Walmart. They have to find the best hiding spot so they remain undetected when Walmart closes at eleven pm. Oh then they walk out in the morning at eight am. They document the whole thing and they go live during the night. They even do Walmart Olympics in the store. The reason it was rejected is because you'll go to Jay, you'll it's a leak.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and they have overnight stalkers, so they would be working while you're there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, some of them are secretly going get a cannoby.
Speaker 8: I'm assuming they have lasers in there too, for most.
Speaker 6: I don't think that. I don't know. Yeah, so that's rejected. Segment number four. Eddie suggested I'm turning into an old man, and this is what he wrote. I just turned thirty five, and I refuse to get apps for restaurants and websites. So first of all, he's yeah. First of all, he's not thirty five, he's forty five.
Speaker 8: You held on to this bit for ten years.
Speaker 6: You wrote it wrong, My bad.
Speaker 8: I must have been in a hurry and I just felt.
Speaker 6: Like it was too cranky of a segment that day.
Speaker 8: No, I'll tell you what happened. You want to hear the story.
Speaker 6: Well, I rejected it, but go ahead.
Speaker 8: That was I shouldn't say where I was. But they I went inside to get my food whatever I was going to order, and no one came to the register, no one for five minutes, and I go, hello, anybody want to come help me over here? They say, hey, can you just get the app because we're kind of busy, and then if you do that, you can just pick up your order right over here. It's crazy. So I got in my car went through the drive th I had to go through the drive through because they were too lazy to take.
Speaker 6: My order at the regstar of the app.
Speaker 8: Though I don't want to do that. I don't want to be forced to do something out.
Speaker 6: I too cranky. All right, that's projected. Thank you, Let's go to number three. Number three, Lunchbox wrote, Travis Kelsey stole my job.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 6: The reason I wrote that I rejected it is because I think this is one of those where he was just mining for anything to talk about. No, because he didn't actually feel like Travis Kelsey stole his job. But go ahead, I did.
Speaker 7: I told you I got the email that they were looking for someone to host. Are you smarter than a celebrity? And so they were reaching out to me, And then.
Speaker 6: That is not what happened. It was for extras in the crowd of the audience. They weren't looking for a host.
Speaker 7: Well, I thought I got the email looking for a host, and I said I should apply. And then I replied to the email, never heard anything, and turns out they hired Travis Skeils.
Speaker 6: This is what I felt, was just him looking for anything to get on the airway.
Speaker 10: Sure, no, it was a follow up. It was like, hey, I didn't get the job, guys projected.
Speaker 6: Second number two, Eddie wrote, is it okay to drink at a kid's baseball game?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 6: I want to say this when I read back, as I say, of all the bad ones, I look back and I was like, I don't know why that was rejected?
Speaker 8: Decent, I know why. I have the same question.
Speaker 6: Why I know so I messed up. I'll be the first one to say it. All right, I shouldn't have rejected.
Speaker 8: It, So throw it back in the bin. Let's do it someday.
Speaker 6: Okay, we'll throw it back in the bin.
Speaker 8: Will come out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, here we go Number one number one from Morgan and now let me explain why it's the number one rejected segment. She wrote, what's wrong with people? I watched a worker at the grocery store that I go to comb his hair while in the produce He was cleaning up the produce section and combing his hair and brushing it into a dirt pile. I read this and was so grossed out by it. I just didn't feel like it that morning. I think it's interesting, Yeah, I know. I just was like, oh, I don't feel like talking about that because I felt gross. But you're right, that's disgusting.
Speaker 4: I mean you watch like a grocery store worker just seeing there coming like he has his dirt palt, he's combing his hair over and he's in the produce where you get all your apple.
Speaker 6: Oh, it's gross. And that's the only reason I didn't do it because I felt too Grossy, I don't.
Speaker 10: I don't understand what's wrong with that?
Speaker 6: Go do it back back, Go do it back in the back, like any sort of He was on the cereal aisle, and to be open up it would have been different because cereals not exposed Aaron, you're actually eating. But any sort of grooming you need to do back behind the flappy doors. That's what always did mine when I worked at hobby lobby.
Speaker 10: You go back combing your hair. You're not pulling your hair out, but.
Speaker 11: Why no, it comes there falls out when every time, yes, every single time, like my son has to pick his hair all like every day he has to pick it, and he picks it in the kitchen and it drives me crazy because little hair is just fling everywhere, and I'm like, this.
Speaker 1: Is where we cook, this is where we have food, this is where we eat. No more.
Speaker 6: Not a bad topic. I just grossed out that morning by it so much. I didn't bring it up.
Speaker 4: But does it count as of what's wrong with people?
Speaker 6: Yeah? What's wrong with people? What's wrong with people?
Speaker 9: I don't agree?
Speaker 12: Okay, rejected segments.
Speaker 5: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 6: Number two.
Speaker 4: Listener Kurt called into the show and he wanted to do you some trivia with Bobby. But the huge zinger of this whole thing is that he has an autograph card that he wanted to give Bobby, and then.
Speaker 3: There was money involved.
Speaker 4: It was a whole thing, but pretty cool because Bobby doesn't normally get to play trivia games, so this allowed him to. But it was pretty hard. I'm not sure I would have gotten any of these correct.
Speaker 6: Number six, Let's go to the phones. Kurt, who is in Virginia. Hey, Kurt, you're on the Bobby Bone Show. What's going on?
Speaker 13: Look what I heard you earlier talking about your obsession with your your new thing of collecting autograph cuts, and how passionate you are about it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, my new hobby.
Speaker 13: So what I wanted to do was I wanted to offer one to you because I have one I would like to sell. And it's it's a PSA certified. It's the real deal. It's a word by Abraham Lincoln from a letter he wrote.
Speaker 6: Let's go honest now, number talking about honesty, not liar abe right on the honest one, the president.
Speaker 13: The honesty one from yeah, the eighteen sixties. How much So well, it's value anywhere between five hundred to one thousand dollars. So I thought maybe we could make a deal for seven to fifty in the middle.
Speaker 6: What's the word?
Speaker 13: But I wanted to since you're so good at trivia, I wanted to try and make it a little more interesting that possibly I could ask you some questions about presidents, and for each one you got correct, I wanted to award you I would take off fifty dollars, But each one you got wrong, I would like to add fifty dollars. If we can agree to start at seven hundred and fifty dollars and move from there.
Speaker 6: The word needs to be something like a really cool emancipation yeah, or proclamation proclamation.
Speaker 13: Okay, okay, I got you. I don't know what we're into real estate, but the word is property.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay.
Speaker 6: So here's what I found. I just looked up. There's an Abraham Lincoln PSA D and a handwritten cut with two words after and date going for two fifty. I want to spend seven to fifty bucks.
Speaker 8: On property because it's property.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but this is two words this property.
Speaker 1: Property, that's I mean, I I.
Speaker 6: This is the dumbest argument.
Speaker 11: No, No, I don't know the letter, but imagine if it's a letter that was written talking about how he wants all the equal rights to own property.
Speaker 6: Or or people aren't property or people aren't property right, or what's the letter about? Do you know? Fully?
Speaker 13: No, but a guy tried to sell it on an auction site and he wanted like twenty five thousand dollars for the whole letter, and it's signed by Abe Lincoln, had a great signature on it. He didn't meet his goal, so he cut up the letter into individual words like the things you collect and sold them off piece by piece, and he ended up getting a lot more money.
Speaker 6: I got two words here. I like the value received for two ninety nine.
Speaker 8: It is property, you guys have to it's I mean, it really could be as easy as like the cow on the property.
Speaker 11: No, but it's not not able. No, No, he was writing important.
Speaker 6: For it, like there's a war on my property.
Speaker 8: And get.
Speaker 6: This. I can't agree before the game to buy it. But I think we could play the game. But I just can't start at seven fifty that's way too much.
Speaker 13: About six hundred?
Speaker 8: Deal? You can't say sorry, that was me? That was involve how many?
Speaker 6: How many trivia? How about four fifty or fifty?
Speaker 1: Don't do that?
Speaker 6: And the game I can buy two words.
Speaker 11: For less but not not good, not property.
Speaker 9: Why are you guys?
Speaker 8: Are you on his side?
Speaker 1: Because we're helping you. It's a better word.
Speaker 6: It's not it is. I can buy the word. What is this word? The one that's two words? The one? What's that say? Mike? I don't know apen even right, very let's just play the game.
Speaker 1: Why do you want to get rid of it?
Speaker 14: May?
Speaker 1: I ask?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 13: You may my student at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Virginia, and I'm going to u use the proceeds to help pay for her tuition.
Speaker 8: Yeah, bone seed, it's going to a good cost.
Speaker 6: No, No, yes, I will. So how many questions do I get.
Speaker 13: I'll give you five, and they'll start off easy, and then they'll get more difficult as we proceed.
Speaker 6: Okay, I tell you what. You're still good. I'll start it at five hundred, and I'll take the five questions.
Speaker 1: For his daughters.
Speaker 6: I don't know his daughter, and I can't verify it's not PSA authentic that his daughter's even existed.
Speaker 13: Yeah, but you always say that you take your proceeds after you make a profit and donate them to a charity. So this this is kind of like that.
Speaker 6: It's not a charity, and I don't always say that I have like real business.
Speaker 13: That's why I said kind.
Speaker 8: Of Yeah, children are kind of charity work.
Speaker 6: Let's started at five hundred, and let's say fifty each time.
Speaker 13: For each correct, fifty for each one you get correct, and then fifty we add for each one you get wrong.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, I'll do ten dollars I add for each one I get wrong.
Speaker 15: Where it's too low, I can buy one for two thirty right here.
Speaker 1: Not as good as property, how property.
Speaker 13: Means Bobby, I looked up your net worth, you can handle it.
Speaker 6: That's not accurate. And also that's all.
Speaker 1: It's not accurate. They never are.
Speaker 6: That's not accurate. But I hear you, but I go. My deal is fifty on, but ten wrong, take it or leave it.
Speaker 13: That's a little low. How about twenty five we add for each one you get wrong. I negotiate with.
Speaker 6: You about sixty up, but twenty five.
Speaker 13: If I miss it, that's sixty okay, and twenty five all right, I'll do it, all.
Speaker 6: Right, But these are gonna be crazy. Other question, you already have the question, so you're not like making up aby. I'm looking at how many Well, I'm the.
Speaker 13: While I was on hold to get you on the phone. So they're they're kind of quick, so they're not great.
Speaker 6: But let's let's okay, we're starting at five hundred dollars.
Speaker 8: Five hundred dollars.
Speaker 6: Here we go.
Speaker 13: Question number one, Question number one, and these all pertained to presidents of the country. Right, So the first question is four out of the first five presidents were born in Virginia. I would like for you to name them, and name them in order.
Speaker 5: You want to go four in a row and in order.
Speaker 8: This is impossible, you know, the first five.
Speaker 6: I hear you, but I'm saying these aren't just hold on, these aren't just questions. This is like a nine layer cake. He's like, identify you eat the layer of the cake.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, no. The first five presidents of the United States.
Speaker 6: I hear you, but more of them, trivia question. Go ahead.
Speaker 13: We're out of the first five were born in Virginia. And I think you got this one.
Speaker 6: So you want all four of them in order.
Speaker 13: We're out of the five.
Speaker 6: Okay, I think I four. I don't. I don't order, but I can probably do four out of five.
Speaker 13: Okay, let's do it.
Speaker 6: Okay, number one born in Virginia. Born in Virginia, right, yes, sir, Okay, I'm gonna go Washington.
Speaker 13: Okay, you got it.
Speaker 6: I'm I'm not going to go Adams because I do not think Adams. So that's that's going to make the other three of the five Virginias. So if I'm going to go Washington at one, Jefferson, I think Washington is born Monroe and Madison outstanding.
Speaker 13: However, Madison served before Monroe.
Speaker 6: I said I wasn't getting an order I said I wouldn't get aim an order.
Speaker 13: He did say, okay, all right, all right, so you got that one. So kay, you got that one correct. So we take off sixty dollars from the five hundred.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, you're at four forty four sixty.
Speaker 6: I get you. I know, I give you some like four or five. Okay, but I got off. I got four of them. Okay, let's go.
Speaker 13: Okay. Abraham Lincoln was the president between eighteen sixty one and eighteen sixty five. He met his demise. We all know he was assassinated. The question is who was his vice president? Who came into office and served after he was killed?
Speaker 6: Okay, I watched man Hunt. Yeah, we watched Manhunt. That this one is this one's so easy that it's not Andrew Jackson, but it's Andrew Johnson. And yeah, he was just kind of he didn't expect to be president. And it's kind of like I'm an idiot, But yes.
Speaker 8: We're a three eighties.
Speaker 13: I believe he was also impeached, you know, yeah, he was.
Speaker 1: I believe that.
Speaker 13: And I believe he's also the most unpopular president of all time.
Speaker 1: I can see that.
Speaker 6: I don't know about that. But that show don't make it look good.
Speaker 14: All right?
Speaker 6: I got two down, give me another one, all right?
Speaker 13: Yeah, Like I said, they get more difficult. The next one would be who was the last president to serve that was born in Virginia? The last president to serve? Who was born in Virginia?
Speaker 6: No, so, I mean we could be working our way backward even so, I mean from like now, which is it?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 1: No, Obama was born in Hawaii.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm saying. Like that, Reagan was California.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bushes or Texas.
Speaker 6: Jimmy Carter.
Speaker 1: Arkansas?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Was he born there or just lived there?
Speaker 6: No? He was born there? Okay, the last president from Virginia. I think I'm going to miss this one.
Speaker 13: Well I need one.
Speaker 6: I hear you. I am about to spile the phone. I'm gonna go. I don't know. So I'm just gonna throw a president out there and say who Herbert Hoover?
Speaker 13: Stay correct? Okay, good guess though, the answer is Woodrow Wilson. It was one of those Woodrow Wilson. I'm in Stanton, Virginia.
Speaker 6: I give him twenty five bucks back now, okay, we head back twenty That's a tough one. If they got harder than this, I'm screwed.
Speaker 8: We're at four hundred and five dollars.
Speaker 13: Okay, go ahead, Okay, Is that is that correct?
Speaker 1: Amy?
Speaker 13: Because I trust you, I got.
Speaker 8: A calculator, man, Come on, yes, okay.
Speaker 6: They all want me to lose my money, man, so I don't know why they're all on your side. Go ahead, all right.
Speaker 13: The next one is Back in the nineteen thirties in America, the US Treasury issued notes that were high denominations for currency. We had a five hundred dollars bill that was common. Who was the president? Who was on the five hundred dollar bill?
Speaker 6: I know this, you do? Yeah? Why can I to be quiz Bowl champion? It's McNugget.
Speaker 13: That's William McKinley McNugget.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think it's William McKinley.
Speaker 13: It is William McKinley. Correct.
Speaker 6: Wow, A lot of reasons. I know that, because I do I have to word associate every answer with everything. So, oh my goodness, yeah, William McKinley. That's right.
Speaker 13: Okay.
Speaker 1: So you were like, you know, five hundred mcknuggy.
Speaker 6: Circle, and the circle where the heads are on is shaped like a McNugget, so I would remember William McKinley was on the McNugget.
Speaker 9: Nugget.
Speaker 8: We're back at three point forty.
Speaker 13: Okay, okay, good job on the calculator, thank you. Okay. After McKinley served as president from eighteen ninety seven to nineteen oh one, who came into office to succeed him as president from nineteen oh one to nineteen oh nine, he served two terms?
Speaker 6: I can do this.
Speaker 13: Who was the president?
Speaker 6: So this is after McKinley at the turn of the century nineteen oh one.
Speaker 13: Correct, correct, correct, two terms?
Speaker 6: Boy, those eight after Lincoln, those presidents go.
Speaker 13: He's not looking at he's not using Google over there, He's not.
Speaker 6: No, and I'm not even looking at anything that could be a screen that allows me to look at anything, like I'm looking over towards lunchbox's direction because I'm on camera and lunchboxes stuff. Yeah, So okay, asking nineteen hundred. So it's either going to be one of two people and I get them mixed up because they have the same last name, and then we're related. It's either going to be old Teddy Roosevelt or the other one, Franklin Delanore.
Speaker 1: This are two different people.
Speaker 6: Whatever Delanna Dell a neo.
Speaker 1: I thought so Franklin fd R. His nickname is not Teddy.
Speaker 8: That's another one.
Speaker 6: I know. It's one of the Roosevelt brothers. I'm gonna go with. I don't even know, but I think it's one of the Roosevelts. I'm gonna go with at Theodore. I'm gonna go with Teddy because it's my first.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 13: Wow, I just lost another sixty dollars eight.
Speaker 6: Okay to eighty. So here's what I'm gonna do, double or nothing if I can't name the president right now, that's kidding. Okay, now, how much I don't do that? To eighty, I'll do three p fifty because I'm a good guy and it's for his daughter.
Speaker 8: It's nice. I wouldn't.
Speaker 6: I know you wouldn't, but you know it's like you said to Charity, and how is this.
Speaker 3: A good guy?
Speaker 11: When he started at seven point fifty and we knew it was for the daughter, and it went down because I won.
Speaker 6: He we negotiated the terms. I ended up missing one made money and now I'm going you know what, I won't even take all that I deserve.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we're at three fifty and what.
Speaker 6: No, we're at two eight. You just said fifty, but I said I would give him three fifty. Oh okay, if he didn't have to take the deal, he can actually keep it and we had a good time and don't worry about it. It's up to you, sir.
Speaker 13: Oh no, you collect them, so I want you to have it. But I'd like to offer you a bonus question. Yeah, if if you, if you cared to the three fifty is a fair offer. I'll give you a bonus question for one hundred dollars.
Speaker 6: But I'm already down there in like real life for one hundred dollars off. Yeah, we already gave him. I already gave him money. On the other side of it, I.
Speaker 13: Think I should have gave you harder questions.
Speaker 8: Are you kidding?
Speaker 1: I mean, you knew them, so how could I mean.
Speaker 6: How was I get you didn't know? I knew McNugget on the dot. Five hundred dollars bill.
Speaker 13: That was pretty, that was amazing. I didn't think you'd get that one I had, I had a lady. I was ready to bank that money.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'll tell you what this one gonna do. Ray if you get his venmo, Well, we'll put them on our PayPal whatever it is. You have a conversation off the air, I don't want to And if he wants turing a fifty bucks, I'm happy to give it to him. If not, we had a good time here on the air. Okay, put them ahole.
Speaker 8: You don't want to do the bonus question?
Speaker 6: No, because I already gave up that money in the giveaway. Why would I give you even more? Well, no, but I wouldn't go down to two fifty and be like then I'd be like, okay, I'll just give you three to fifty. There's no win there.
Speaker 11: What So you're just giving him three fifty. He doesn't have to send you the letter.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 8: What he's getting the work, you guy?
Speaker 6: The work?
Speaker 8: This is like? Then it turned into a donation.
Speaker 6: We will buy a palette.
Speaker 11: I am clarifying, don't. I'm clarifying.
Speaker 1: You should have it. You should be glad. I'm clarifying.
Speaker 6: You try to give me to seven fifty. Okay, thank you, presidential trivia.
Speaker 8: That was fine.
Speaker 1: Okay, So he's mailing you.
Speaker 6: I don't know what's happening right, let me know after we talk. To him privately and I'll do whatever. Thank you America.
Speaker 8: Rules, Yeah, sure does.
Speaker 6: Thank you. And FDR and Theatore not same person, they're brothers though. Okay, there you go, goodbye everybody.
Speaker 5: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 3: Cole Swindell stopped by the studio this week.
Speaker 4: He was talking all about his proposal to his now fiance and how he went about asking her dad and new music of course, which is about his fiance.
Speaker 3: So really good stuff here, a lot of love. It is just the year of Love in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 5: Number five on The Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 6: Now Coleswindle, hey doing buddy good.
Speaker 9: Good to be here.
Speaker 6: He always good to see you in this setting. So a couple of questions I want to ask you that had nothing to do with your career. Cool, all right, cool, cool, because I know you're getting married. It's all cool.
Speaker 8: Love it.
Speaker 6: You look happy all that. I just went through that so like a few years ago. So it's awesome to see because you and I talked about that so many times. Show enough for both of us.
Speaker 15: I know you literally I was sitting right there when you said you got to make it happen.
Speaker 6: It's not just gonna happen. And I don't think you and I think who knows what I know, But I don't think like you force anything. I think it came and you were actually open to it, which was the hardest thing to do.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's it's still hard to believe it happened at the time it did and it was just perfect time.
Speaker 6: How involved are you in the wedding planning process?
Speaker 15: Just saying yes, okay whatever, that's she's doing a lot of it.
Speaker 6: But where I got in the same right, same where I got into trouble was I didn't present my availability. I was just like, well, you're doing it all right? What I should have done? And my advice to you, because I just went through this and we're both you know, we're not twenty two, No, we're both established, it would be just to say, hey, whenever you need me to do anything, I'm happy to go anywhere with you.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 6: I didn't really do that. Yeah, that's probably u.
Speaker 15: You were right in the middle of it now and you know I'm there to help when I can, but I know this is her day.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 6: I hear you, though, But I'm just saying, even if she never uses that. It's just like, hey, I would when you need me, I would let me know, Yeah, because then it can never be used against you that you had nothing to do with it, right, Yeah, Okay, well that's good advice. How did you propose?
Speaker 15: We were heading to the ACMs last year and I on the way out of town where the video shoot for some habits is kind of that was like our first date kind of deal, and just dawned to me. I was like, I wanted to do it in Texas, but I just thought on the way out of town, we'd stop.
Speaker 9: By where we did the video shoot.
Speaker 15: So that's where I did it, on that little dirt road we shot the video. And did you record it?
Speaker 14: Record it?
Speaker 15: Yeah? I had my camera go out there, so there's clips of it. We hadn't really released a lot of it, but the woods. Yeah, it's somewhere in the field out there.
Speaker 6: Yeah. It was.
Speaker 15: Man, that's the most nervous I've probably ever been in my life, other than talking to her dad.
Speaker 6: So yeah, it's nerve wracking to ask, even though you know the answer. It's probably the same way. Like I was nervous, but I felt like she was gonna say yes.
Speaker 15: Yeah, but I mean, you're just there. And at at one point I kept repeating myself. I was like, just ask her, this is getting out of hand here.
Speaker 6: How did dad talk go?
Speaker 14: It was fine, you know in person.
Speaker 15: Yeah, at her house she grew up in. And that was definitely more nerve wracking than than asking her to marry me, just because I can't imagine being a dad and having a daughter. And I don't know that I would think anybody's good enough for you know so, and he's just he reminds me a lot of my days.
Speaker 6: Just a great guy. And her whole family.
Speaker 15: I mean, I think, you know, losing both your parents so young to have a second chance at you know, a family like that. And I still have my brothers and some uncles and aunts and stuff, but they are just I mean, I don't know, it just reminds me of my family, and uh, that's a big part of you know, the whole deal, getting to you marry into a family like that, and I just think it's been it's just been a blessing.
Speaker 6: That's cool you say that, I don't, you know, have a mom or a dad and so. But her parents, my wife's parents, my in laws, they are awesome.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 15: I mean that's a big deal. That's a big part of it, I feel like, and it just they've taken me in and it's it's like a literally like a second chance that having something like that.
Speaker 6: So I said on the air line couple weeks like I never thought I would really love them. I thought they'd be my wife's parents, like i'd always I love them. We hear stories.
Speaker 15: I know, it's like it could be that's we're lucky then, because that is they're great people.
Speaker 6: Did she know you were going to propose?
Speaker 15: I mean, I think she had a clue, but she thought I was going to do it somewhere else. We love pine Wood Social that was one of our first like coffee spots and stuff. So she thought I was gonna do it there. But I think when she saw me, you know, wearing some on the bus that I probably wouldn't.
Speaker 6: He's in a tucks today.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean, I she didn't know where I was going to do it or whatever, but I think obviously, I mean she uh, I had to let her know. You couldn't just surprise somebody like that and her not be nails. Yeah, oh yeah, they were done. Yeah, she she had a clue, but I honestly thought she thought it was gonna be in Texas anyways.
Speaker 6: So okay, so you brought up a CMS going there. This is just me asking you because I feel like I can, yeah if I'm comfortable. Did you get heat for not thanking her and when you won because you just.
Speaker 8: Proposed and not did?
Speaker 14: I not think?
Speaker 6: No? No, No, I just wonder did anything I didn't?
Speaker 15: I mean those kind of moments, just like the proposals, Like I'm not used to that situation. You know, I haven't won many awards, so I mean, I'm sure I left a lot of people out and no heat.
Speaker 6: I got to be up there. No, no, like, well you didn't even nothing was said.
Speaker 15: She thought it. She didn't bring that up. She was letting me, I guess have the moment. We got to enjoy it together. But now that you bring it up, I'm better apologized.
Speaker 6: I just think that I wonder because I like I'm in a time machine, like two years ahead of you, you know. Okay, one other question about this thing, r s v P. I never r SVP did anything of a whole life, Like never, I was like, who cares r s VP? But when I was having a wedding and people wouldn't. I'll be like, why are people telling me?
Speaker 8: Hilarry?
Speaker 15: I know exactly how you feel like. I'm not feeling that out. I'm not addressed.
Speaker 6: That's what I would do. Who cares?
Speaker 15: Absolutely, And then when it's you, though, it's it's a little different. And just to get into that, the invitations and who you only have so many people, and it's just like, I don't I don't like hurting people's feelings and this is gonna be an issue probably and it's just we're doing a little small thing for the ceremony than having a reception. But it's, uh, it's already I don't know. Who do you? You can't send out enough invites. I feel like everybody deserves to be there that I know, but it's it's just tough.
Speaker 6: And then the people that you pick to come, when they don't r s VP, you're like, why it even peak? Yeah exactly, I could have picked yeah rs VP. They clicked the steak or the chicken, and now you got to do both because you won't freaking answer. Okay, that's all I did. Those were the questions. Absolutely, I've been waiting to ask you about love.
Speaker 15: Talking about it used to make me uncomfortable because I didn't have much to talk about. So now it's, uh, I don't know. I'm just the happiest I've ever been, and just not just career wise. Now it's uh, there's more to life than the music, and I'm loving it.
Speaker 6: So I'm gonna play Forever to Me. It's a perfect way to get into that. So you wrote this book with a couple of guys, grayl and James and Rocky Block. It may make sense that this song I played after because of the situation, the excellent, wonderful situation you're in now with your life. But is that why you wrote it?
Speaker 14: Yeah, we were.
Speaker 15: I wrote it before the National Championship back in January.
Speaker 6: We were out there.
Speaker 15: I had a show the night before and I was just telling Gator in there We're about to go to bed, and they were talking about Courtney and they were like, we need to do you have a song, you know, like that for her? I was like, I've written a couple, but nothing I think is good enough yet. And they were asking about it and I said, She's Forever to me, and they both looked at each other and just crazy. Usually I'm the one that catches something like that, like that needs to be the song. But I was just talking and those sometimes that's how the best song starts. So we ended up writing it almost was we were almost late to the game, and I told him I didn't care. We got to finish it. It just was the lyrics were flowing and it just felt felt special. So the fact I get to put it out and you are playing it, man, it's it's a different feeling when it's you know, personal, like this.
Speaker 5: On the Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 6: Now, cool swind Now, I want to do some Georgia trivia with you at your home. It is. It's been a while, yeah, but it's still your home, my home always. You know, I dominate Arkansas trivia. I just want to throw some Georgia at you. Georgia State nickname Peach State.
Speaker 9: Boom.
Speaker 15: But you're so worried about embarrassing if I don't know what I'm going to miss one?
Speaker 6: Come on, what's the capital of Georgia?
Speaker 14: Atlanta? Boom?
Speaker 6: Two for two? Wow, there's only six. What famous beverage was invented in Atlanta in eighteen eighty six?
Speaker 9: Coca Cola?
Speaker 6: Absolutely? Hey, come on, what river forms part of the eastern boundary of Georgia. He's struggling here. Hoopye, I don't know. I'm sorry.
Speaker 14: That is a golf club that was thinking golf.
Speaker 6: It is the Savannah River, Savannah that was born in Savannah.
Speaker 9: That's terrible, I know.
Speaker 6: Just send them home out. Let's go to a hoopy river.
Speaker 1: Questions are okay to miss?
Speaker 6: Do you?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 6: Two left? Let's see how he does. What's the state tree of Georgia. I didn't even know this was a specific tree.
Speaker 14: I wish it was a pine tree, but it isn't.
Speaker 6: No, it's it's not just an oak. It's a live o liva.
Speaker 8: I would have thought Georgia pine.
Speaker 6: See, No, that makes sense. But I don't even think I know the state tree of Arkansas.
Speaker 1: You don't have the same dead oak.
Speaker 14: That does one tree get to be the tree?
Speaker 11: Also, peaches come from trees, so could it be the peach tree?
Speaker 6: I mean Peachtree City live oak also my nickname of college.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Okay, And finally, if you get this, I will give you five hundred bucks right here, let's go. He's never gonna get it, though, I don't know anybody that would know this unless you're like working for the state or like in politics. What is Georgia state motto?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be like.
Speaker 6: Millions of peaches?
Speaker 8: Can we change it?
Speaker 6: You'll know this is impossible. I don't know what.
Speaker 14: Tell me what is?
Speaker 6: Because I was there's three words wisdom, justice and wisdom, justice and truth. That's a good guess. Freedom, moderation, moderation. Who knows that? The other sudden death one was what school is located in Athens, Georgia? You know that one located in Athens, Georgia. Who's your list of top five people you've never met that are still alive you would like to meet?
Speaker 8: Mm hmm.
Speaker 6: Cole Swindell's here, we're putting him on the spot. You know, I've never never met George straight Bo. Wow, well that's crazy.
Speaker 14: Tiger's one of.
Speaker 6: The number two.
Speaker 8: Have you met Jordan?
Speaker 14: I have just recently. I didn't get to play golf.
Speaker 15: Think I don't have enough money to share hold with him, But I did. Yeah, I got to hang out with him after a round and at his course at the Grove.
Speaker 14: Have you been down there?
Speaker 6: That's why would I go to How would I go down there? How would I go down there. You and Colin Kane Brown are the same. Hey man, you've been done in Tiger's courts? How would I or not Tiger? But Michael go Back.
Speaker 14: I can do more cool stuff than anybody.
Speaker 6: That's all I fake it, Okay, anybody? Anybody else come to mind? Ex give me one more. You haven't met that. I'm trying this tough. In the sports world, specifically, who would you like to meet? You ever met Del Murphy?
Speaker 14: I'm not.
Speaker 15: I've spoken with him and he sent me a jersey. But he was one of my heroes. Him and Randy Travis growing up like different worlds. But Jes Chipper, I know Chipper, that's a buddy of your yep. But who else? I don't know. It's tough, I mean in the sports world. But Will Ferrell i'ld like to.
Speaker 6: The Pope I've never met the post Yeah exactly.
Speaker 14: He didn't want to meet me.
Speaker 5: Exactly on the Bobby Bones Show.
Speaker 6: Now you can check all out on the Win the Night Tour and get tickets at Clswindelle dot com and starting May thirtieth in Boston and it runs in a lot of the cities are our show's in and you're all over the place. You do a great live show. You know, I think people should go. So I said that, thank you. I want people to know they should go and go to Colswindell dot com to see it. I have a couple more questions for you. Would you rather never have a number one again? Or the Braves never win a world series again?
Speaker 15: Need my career to keep going, so I'm gonna have to I can't say that either.
Speaker 14: Brains gotta win a world set.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's a good answer. That's just what you say, because it's really not real.
Speaker 14: I'm doing the game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there you go. So here you are. It's like you're like, you're not the kid anymore. We first met you, you were like the kid. Yeah, now you're like a real adult. Like is your songwriting you feel like it's a little more adult like it's not so much just well no, I think partying up and yeah, absolutely no.
Speaker 15: And I, like I said, I'm just glad that I've had a chance to be around this long to kind of grow up in music with my writing and everything. And I think this phase of life I'm in, I'm getting to like this next album, you know, I get sent songs. I'm like that is a huge hit. I feel like, but I can't pull that off anymore, and I don't that's not me anymore either. So it's just I think this next album will be more.
Speaker 6: When is the next album, I don't even know this year.
Speaker 15: I mean probably you know, later this year, but I'm excited from obviously three feet tall forever to me. People were like, is this gonna be all tear jerkers or I'm like, no, We're gonna have some different stuff. But I just think it's you have to be careful, you know what you're singing. I want to believe it, and I want people to, you know, believe what I'm singing and what I'm writing. So it's just going to be different. I feel like a little more hopefully mature, and I'm just glad that I, you know, get to kind of tell my story through my songs now.
Speaker 6: So do you ever have any songs that you wrote and you regret you not recording songs that you wrote, not just songs that you passed over, but somebody but like you wrote them, and you're like, I.
Speaker 15: I mean, yeah, there's still some that and I know it probably bothers the writers I wrote them with more than me. It's like, how do you not record that? And it's just, you know, there's no really reason. It's just maybe I didn't give me one fit at the time.
Speaker 6: You're like, you're so proud of it, and you're like, man, I just I'm gonna pass it on. Oh my gosh, give me one trying. I mean, I can give you a couple that I think are good. Tell me, like I think Belly Currington in Summer Forever song, Oh yeah, that was a good one. I think you had have saen that one had been really good.
Speaker 15: Right, And I mean obviously that that other people have recorded. I think roller Coaster. Roller Coaster would have been that was. But at that point it was just I couldn't believe that Luke was recorded. I remember heard it just yeah, that would be probably yeah, no, me and just me and Michael carter Man. That was I didn't even know what we were doing.
Speaker 14: I couldn't.
Speaker 15: I don't think Luke could believe it either, But that was That's a special one. I but honestly, I can't say I wish I would have record it because that I mean, those songs that before I got my record deal kind of put my name out there and that ultimately landed me where I am so.
Speaker 6: Ray, if you give me a little bit of a music, We're gonna throw Cole under the bus. One more game here. I just like it's fun.
Speaker 8: I can do it.
Speaker 6: Top ten Famous musicians from Georgia Cole. Top ten famous musicians any format from Georgia. How many can you get?
Speaker 14: Top ten's give me one?
Speaker 6: Give me one?
Speaker 14: Alan Jackson.
Speaker 6: Alan Jackson is a number four. Correct, you're still life.
Speaker 8: Nice.
Speaker 6: Now when you miss one, you get shout with paintball, So to be ready. Yeah, you know you don't know where it's coming from. Go ahead. Famous Otis Redding musicians at number two Otis Redding.
Speaker 14: Great job, nice, I.
Speaker 6: Did you know that he's from Georgia. Ray Charles Number one, Ray Charles, Otis come home. There's seven left. Top ten Famous musicians from George Jason A. Dean Jason al Dean did not make the list. That strike one. There are three strikes. There are three strikes in baseball. Don't sit put it going away? Got away?
Speaker 12: All?
Speaker 6: You got two strikes left?
Speaker 9: Go ahead?
Speaker 6: Yeah I should know this, I know you do it, okay. Top ten famous musicians artists from Georgia. You got Ray Charles at one, otis reading it to Alan Jackson at four. I'd say, thank of your friends.
Speaker 8: That would be a good one.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Is Luke Bryan on Luke Bryan's at five? Oh? What on earth? Man?
Speaker 14: I'm sorry, Luke.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just thought I was. Yeah, there are no there's no trisiar Wood. Where's she from?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 6: She's miss that's faith Bill get no two strikes strike to.
Speaker 8: Shoot him, all right? No one more ediot.
Speaker 6: Two of them are rappers.
Speaker 14: Oh oh, can I say Outcast?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Andre three thousand for Outcast on there. No, t I did not make it, so shoot him all right. We have James Brown at number three, yeah, Augusta I know, Zach Brown at number eight. The other rapper was Ludacris at nine.
Speaker 8: Luda.
Speaker 6: You have a little Richard and then you have a number ten. Oh there's another country artist, Travis tret at ten. Oh yeah, wasn't on there? Eleven Top of eleven though, and Tricia, I'm good on top eleven. Do congratulations on everything. Thank you so much, Thank you for having a new song. That's great. It looks like your personal life is getting extremely complicated. In the most positive way, and that's what we're looking for.
Speaker 15: You know, thanks for the advice. So I'm looking forward to see you y'all next time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's already out. Okay, wellbody save the gift that we're going to give him. He's out of here. There is.
Speaker 2: It's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 4: The show has ran into a lot of celebrities, not just in studio, but just in different parts of their professional careers. So everybody shared the last time they were starstruck.
Speaker 3: And these are some wide variety of stories. You're gonna really like it.
Speaker 4: And if you would also like more starstruck stories, Amy and I on the Best Bits last weekend talked about this similar thing, and we have some fun stories to share there.
Speaker 3: On part three.
Speaker 5: I believe number.
Speaker 6: Four we're going to talk about the last time you guys were starstruck. And I say that because I know we get celebrities in our studio all the time, like gnennuinely starstruck. There's a story out about Tiffany. She used to sing I think we're alone now doesn't seem to be anyone around. And if you don't know it from Tiffany, you might know it from Full House.
Speaker 8: Did they sing that on her?
Speaker 6: They did, Yes, they did. So she was like with Michael Jackson, the most starstruck ever was meeting Michael Jackson. I had just taken bad out of the number one spot when she had I think we're alone now. And then she went to the concert that he had nearby and he was very nice to her. She was like, I was so starstruck. That's from US magazine. The most you've been starstruck?
Speaker 11: Amy, I mean, I'm going to use a moment where I was caught off guard, complete surprise. One is expecting to see this celebrity. And it was the time I ran into Reese Witherspoon backstage at something we were doing here and she just I was walking by a door and she walked out that door look right in front of me. It was like a gift, and I was with a sign. I was starstruck to where I don't know. I said something stupid like I love everything you do.
Speaker 6: Oh wow nice, something like that. Now my mind might be playing tricks on me. Here did you tell me that? At the event? And then we go track her down and I introduce you to her.
Speaker 11: Maybe you don't get weird I don't remember either, but that sounds like it could have happened because we just have a lot of experience.
Speaker 6: I mean it was like I think I saw Resweatherspoon and I was like, Okay, come on, let's go find her. And we found her and said Hi, Maybe you just are blurred out.
Speaker 11: No, I just think sometimes I'm like, oh, that definitely sounds like that could have happened.
Speaker 1: But isn't it weird? Do you think I would remember every single detail?
Speaker 8: Well, that's what happens when you get started.
Speaker 6: It's all a blur. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just know that.
Speaker 11: When she walked out of that door, I was like, oh, she's like, excuse me.
Speaker 1: I'm like no, no, no, no, excuse me. We're good.
Speaker 6: I ate dinner next to her to restaurant once, really like right next to her. Yeah, she was sitting right in the middle table.
Speaker 1: Would she eat?
Speaker 6: I don't know, And I didn't care that much, said her for nothing. I was her own family time and she was sitting right like no special place, just the middle of the restaurant. Yeah, we were. She was eating a little early, like we were mostly up early. I think she was a celebrity, so she came a little earlier, but there was no like preferential seating or anything.
Speaker 8: Oh, I would have been looking the entire time, dude, Yeah, how do you not She's right there?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I just felt like that was her own business. You know, I don't want to get in that. I don't have her family time, lunchbox most starstruck.
Speaker 10: Oh it's easy.
Speaker 7: I was at a bar in Austin, Texas, and my buddy Forrest comes up to me. He's like, dude, I just saw Johnny Bananas in the bathroom, and I said, there is no way Johnny Bananas is at a bar in Austin, Texas. And Forest searched for thirty minutes in that bar because it's jam packed, found him, came and got me, and I went up to Johnny Bananas and all I did was scream at him.
Speaker 6: Well you, before you elaborate, will you tell people who that is? Because I don't think most people know.
Speaker 7: Who that is Johnny Bananas, real world, key West, you know him?
Speaker 10: I mean, how can you forget it?
Speaker 6: I didn't until you told me, And now I do know who he is, and he seems like a pretty talented guy.
Speaker 7: And then he was on the challenge for many many years, and he's hosted other things here and there offshoots. But yeah, so I would up to him, and I thought I was gonna be so cool, calm collected me, like, dude, what's up, big fan, Like, let us talk to him?
Speaker 10: And all I did was like, Johnny Bananas like to him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And then he's sitting there He's like yeah, and I'm like, Johnny Bananas, what are you doing, Johnny freaking bananas man? And I didn't ever really have a conversation with him as more as I just like yelled at him.
Speaker 6: Did you think that would blossom into a friendship though?
Speaker 10: Somehow I did.
Speaker 7: I thought I was gonna play it cool, we'd become friends, you know, like he'd hit me up like hey, what up?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 10: And no, it didn't happen. All I did was scream at.
Speaker 6: Him, and then then you started dming him.
Speaker 7: And then I kind of sent him messages and then you got told to tell me to back off.
Speaker 6: That true. I didn't want to tell you that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, so starstruck, Like I mean, because usually you think starstruck, you just.
Speaker 10: Sit there and stare.
Speaker 6: You just reacted.
Speaker 10: I just reacted, and I couldn't.
Speaker 6: Respect down to respect that Eddie.
Speaker 8: When I worked for the news, they sent me to a movie premiere. I was just the camera guy. I was like, I'll just show up, set my camera up, had no idea what movie it was, who the actors were, And here came out a limousine, parks right there in the red carpet, and out comes Johnny freaking Debt And I was like, this is crazy.
Speaker 6: What do you look like in person?
Speaker 8: Like Johnny Depp?
Speaker 6: Like smaller, bigger, no normal size.
Speaker 8: I remember him being normal size, but his like what do you call that complexion?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 8: It was just like it looked fake, like he looked like a doll?
Speaker 6: Was he really good looking?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I want to go celebrities you see in person and there's so much better looking in person, even though they're good looking on camera, but on camera there's just a higher standard we hold because it's all beautiful people. And were like, no, they're pretty good looking, but they're in real life.
Speaker 8: You're like, wow, in real person when you want it's just like I wanted to reach out and just touch him because it's like, you know, you see him on TV and movies like your whole life, and there he is in front of you.
Speaker 6: I was so starstruck. That's pretty cool. I made a list when I put the segment together last night. Did I to turn my list? Yes, I've been lucky enough to meet a lot of people. I don't really get starstruck that often, but when I do, I pee a little okay. Number five Derek Jeter.
Speaker 8: What'd you mean him?
Speaker 6: I did a whole two segments with him on The Today Show when I host to the Today Show. That's right. It was bizarre in the way of like I was like, what body am I in? He was so nice, so cool. It was Hoda and I and I played it totally cool. I was like, what's up?
Speaker 8: DJ?
Speaker 1: Is he the one that would give the baseball in the.
Speaker 8: Basket back in the day, like twenty years before he was married?
Speaker 10: Family?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we thought they got to be a family day.
Speaker 8: How big was he?
Speaker 6: No? Probably like six to one? It mean's my size?
Speaker 8: Maybe?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 8: I mean you're six one?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yeah? And she was And the dress shoes I had on that day for sure, But Derek Peter and I was just chilling with him. He was so nice. That's number five. Number four Steve Young. I saw Steve Young always Derek Jeter six three, so my.
Speaker 8: Size, Oh yeah, your size okay?
Speaker 6: Uh Steve Young quarterback with nine ers.
Speaker 8: I was there with you.
Speaker 6: We saw him and he was in a group of people and I was like, oh boy, I don't want to go and bother him. But I just walked up and just stood in the group of people and I was like, yeah, yeah, just kind of jump in and laugh. And then people started to walk away and I was like, hey, Steve and Bobby and he goes, oh, so listen to your show all the time, and I was like, what where a lot of minor sports people as you can tell. Five Jeter four, ste beyond number three. Lenny Kravitz.
Speaker 8: I'm not a sports person.
Speaker 6: iHeartRadio Music Festival last year. I've loved Lenny Kravitz. Never met him. He's like a ghost. Like when who sees Lenny Kravitz and he shows up. I don't know old. He is fifty something.
Speaker 1: He did not look he did not look at them.
Speaker 6: He's beautiful and he was so nice. What did he smell like, do you remember that leather? Yeah, because he was like wearing leather. He was Krabit is fifty nine years old. And I just remember thinking this is so cool and super kind. We did an interview, we talked for a second, and he left, so there was nothing like extra there. I was just like wow. Number two Jim Nance, Hello friends, all right, Bobby golf but NCAA basketball tournament final? Yeah, with Tony Romo, Yeah, all of it. So Jim Nance is like. I was like, wow, that's Jim Nance. And I was with Charles Kelly from Lady A and he was like you should just go. So I had a Jim He's super nice.
Speaker 14: I'm like I'm not going.
Speaker 6: Jim Nance is so tall, and I was like, Hi, Jim.
Speaker 1: He's like hi, like so tall, like yellow, the same hight Jim.
Speaker 6: Jim Nance a big dude. He's like six three so my hey, okay six three six four hey.
Speaker 8: But when he talks the sounds just like TV.
Speaker 6: And then I saw Jim Nance here in town. He came up behind me in a golf cart and was like, Bobby, what's up? And then we talked like fifteen minutes.
Speaker 8: Oh he didn't pull up a go Bobby, what's up?
Speaker 6: Hello? Friends. Jim Nance is pretty awesome. And then number one can you name it? He was in the studio.
Speaker 1: Oh, John mayerck No.
Speaker 6: Adam Darret's kind of crosy. Oh yeah, never met him. That was the first time you'd never ever met him? Yeah, John Mayer and I had a brief like friendship fling, which one of my favorites. But there was a time where I was in like California. I would see we like hang out a little bit, like like a friendship frame playing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know that I've ever heard of a friendship fling.
Speaker 6: It was very brief. We don't do it anymore, but it was like once I was hosting, uh, I was hosting a iHeartRadio thing with something, and he was like, Hey, I'll come over there and say hi. And he came in and drove over and came in. We talked for a long time, had nothing to do with the show. Then he was doing a show and I was in town. He was like, hey, come to the show. And then.
Speaker 8: What happened.
Speaker 1: We don't even talk anything.
Speaker 6: They fade, no reason to fade. Yeah, I just think I lost my my favorite It happens by Adam Durretz number one of the County Crows, because as a kid and as an adult, my favorite band round here as almost got Barry Switzer. Oh you coach Dallas cowboyd coach Arkansas razorback player sat next time in a Southwest flights that's honorable mention. Yeah, so oh, I love being starstrucks.
Speaker 5: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two, Chase Matthew was in the studio this week. It was his very first time and so great talking to him.
Speaker 4: He was sharing all about the beginning of his career and that moment that he went viral on TikTok and now opening for Jason Aldan and Luke Bryan and also fixing cars. Just really really great interview and he's a really good guy. Like shout out Chase Matthew. I think y'all will love him. And his song Darlin is great. It's like a very catchy tune that I put on often because it goes like, why's.
Speaker 3: He call you Darlin? Why does he call you? Daily?
Speaker 7: See?
Speaker 3: It's very catchy. Here's Chase Matthews on The Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 2: Number three on The Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 6: Now, Chase Matthew, you look Chase. You looked like me if I were like taller and better looking and had been in the deer stand about four more years, like totally and younger. But doesn't he kind of look like like his face look like me with glasses?
Speaker 8: Yeah, he looks like you. Like you all could be brothers?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, like I have. I do have a half brother.
Speaker 1: Looks like him really and your nose is a little similar.
Speaker 9: Yeah, oh wait, he might be my dad.
Speaker 6: Where where did you grow up?
Speaker 9: I could right here in Nashville? Okay?
Speaker 6: And could I be hell to you?
Speaker 9: Twenty six?
Speaker 8: So your parents ever go to Arkansas?
Speaker 6: I could.
Speaker 8: I couldn't be.
Speaker 1: Probably there your mom in particular.
Speaker 6: I could be music. Yeah, that would be too too young. I'd have to be like seventeen to be his dad. I guess that could happen. My biological father had me when I was seventeen. It's a weird conversation. Chase, good to see it, but see too. Yeah, how tall are you?
Speaker 16: I am six too, but with my lift kid on probably six five.
Speaker 8: So those are his boots?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, he came in.
Speaker 6: We were doing the show and he came in through the guest door, which we can see, and he throw threw his arms up real quick. I thought there was like a fire or something. He was just happy to be here.
Speaker 16: Oh hell yeah, I'm glad to be here. This is so cool. It's a dream come true for real. Thank you for having me.
Speaker 6: So you grew up in Nashville, sir, So, how most people to grow up in Nashville have either fan family that's in the music business because the business is here, or they don't want anything to do with music. What's what's your version of that story?
Speaker 16: All right, throw the leg up for this one. So I come from a musical family. So my mom and my dad kind of, like, you know, did the whole music thing.
Speaker 6: What does that mean, did the music thing?
Speaker 16: Dad played Printer's Alley for a few years. My mom did like Broadway style shows. Patsy Klin impersonations. Cool, she's a hell of a singer too, and uh so yeah, and my grandparents, like I grew up in church, playing in church and stuff. I actually played drums before I ever like become an artist. So but once I, you know, started diving into that, I kind of found my own own lane. I thought that, like I thought every town. I thought every state had a Nashville, like every state had a Broadway. And growing up here, you know, you don't realize what you got at your fingertips. So I was grateful to be here man, And I know a lot of people weren't.
Speaker 6: What were you like in high school? What were you the music kid? When did when did it start to be.
Speaker 9: Musical for you?
Speaker 16: I was a dork. I was a dork in high school. I had the glasses. I was probably wearing skinny jeans that were way too tight for me. And why do you wear glasses because I'm blinders?
Speaker 6: But do you? But but so I can't wear contacts as my right eye doesn't work, so it wouldn't do anything for me.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so I tried. I tried. It's actually a funny story.
Speaker 16: The other like probably three weeks ago, I got this crazy hair because I had to go get some more glasses. I like to buy like multiple pairs so in case I break one, you know, I got an extra pair. Well they were like, you know what you do, like try contacts for free? Well, last time I tried contacts, I was like eleven and I couldn't get one out of my eye, and I like freaked out because I didn't want anybody touching my eye. Yeah, basically I just had the same thing happened. But I was twenty six this time.
Speaker 6: Wait, so you did it? You tried it again?
Speaker 16: Kil Yeah, And I was on the bus we were headed to a show. I made to pull the whole bus over to try to get these contacts out of my eyes, but we finally got them, and uh yeah, I felt like I felt like my face was bleeding with but no contacts. Man, I'm keeping these bifocals on.
Speaker 6: So chase this playing our iHeart Country Festival in Austin on May fourth, playing the Daytime stage, which is a big deal. Tickets are on selling now a ticketmaster dot com. And then are you going out with Luke? Are you went out with Jason?
Speaker 9: Both? Yeah? Both?
Speaker 16: Yeah and first and we yeah, okay, all right, yeah.
Speaker 6: So you're so you're doing shows with both those guys.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, I'm really excited.
Speaker 6: Did you get on those tours? Do you know those guys?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 16: I've actually so I met I actually met Jason the same night I met you at the ACM like after party, which I know was brief, so I don't know if you remember it, but but yeah, and I think we were all probably drinking a little bit too.
Speaker 8: You went to an after party.
Speaker 9: It was like the thing at the ACM.
Speaker 6: I had to walk to. What he's saying is I walked through an after party so I could get out and go to bed.
Speaker 9: That sounds yeah, he was getting bugged. That was one of those people.
Speaker 6: No, No, I wasn't bug but I worked, you know, it was Garth and Dolly and then I was backstage doing all the stuff. But to get out you had to walk through the people. And so that was my after party walking through.
Speaker 8: He wasn't partying at the after party.
Speaker 9: No, no, I was walking.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for like thirty seconds, I was walking. So I'm just curious because we Lunchbox had you and interviewed you. You had talked about the jobs that you had had prior to doing music full time. When you were working on cars or you're a mechanic, were you also doing music like in the evenings and on weekends or did you just flip over at some point?
Speaker 16: It actually started with like really horrible covers, like you know, like just how do you name it? But yeah, when I started working, my job was I was an ATV mechanic.
Speaker 9: So my boss was really cool.
Speaker 16: He kind of like helped me, like loan me money and let me work it off against my paychecks, you know, and uh so.
Speaker 6: That while you were doing music?
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 16: And uh so I've been doing it now, probably full time for like three years.
Speaker 6: So doing you're still you're still music though.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but full time music.
Speaker 16: So I was still doing my job three years ago and doing the music thing, so really just working enough to barely survive off rawmen noodles and pay my rent my bedroom.
Speaker 9: I was written and put the rest into music.
Speaker 6: What happened? What was a moment or what was the event that allowed you to quit doing music and actually go, I'm not music? What allowed you to actually quit being a mechanic and go I'm just gonna focus on music because that's a big deal.
Speaker 16: Yeah yeah, So I I wasn't like a big believer in like social media and like finding your career. I kind of like, again, growing up in a musical family, it was always you know, gorilla marketing.
Speaker 9: You had to go out. I had to sell the tapes and the.
Speaker 16: CDs, and you know, that's kind of like what I was raised to think. But so I don't really believe in the social media thing for the longest time. And I posted a video and because my manager told me, he's like look, man, dude, like you got to you gotta post something on TikTok, Like everybody's blowing up on TikTok. And I did it. I went to work and I came back home and had like seven hundred and fifty thousand views, most views I've ever seen on anything. I liked that, just yeah, boom over like overnight, and all my friends are calling me like the next day, like dude, you're going viral. Oh my god, like you know, don't forget about us, And I'm like, yeah, whatever, it's like one video. It's gonna go for the songs you do on It was County Line and wrote that song like sitting in my bed by myself, by myself and uh about a real situation. A girl I fell in love with it was a bartender outside of Nashville, and shout out to her for the inspiration. It's it's my first platinum record now, so that's that's cool. We got a plaque to look at that. And does she know that she inspired that song?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, oh yeah?
Speaker 6: Did you want her? Did you want her to know?
Speaker 9: Too many Easter eggs? Yeah?
Speaker 6: It's yeah, not even not even hitting there, just out there in purple and yellow easter egg.
Speaker 9: Yeah, exactly, Yeah, purple yellow, some camouflage.
Speaker 6: But so when when that blows up, do you go, Okay, we got to we gotta be precious about doing the second one, or are you just like screw it. I'm going in and if some hit and some don't. Whatever.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 16: Well, I mean I'd say I had a lot of songs stacked up because I couldn't really afford the production like in the studio. And when I partnered with my manager, he he like really helped me, you know, kind of get the budget together and we started putting out more songs. When that blew up, it should like showed that people were more interested, and you know, we started growing in an actual fan base rather than just around town fan base, and so that changed a lot and man to see like to see the flip the transition of like people that became die hard fans too because of that song. They definitely translated into like the next songs too, So it was really cool. I feel like we built a fan base early on that was like die.
Speaker 6: Hard, How did you make enough money to support yourself if you're quitting your full time job to do music, Because there are just a few videos from TikTok that have hit.
Speaker 16: Well, that's what's cool, because the songs, the video views on TikTok translated into real streams. I feel like the people followed through and which is something that seems really hard to kind of acquire, you know, like there's a lot I feel like it's easy to make a video go viral, but to make a song go viral is really seems like a tough thing to do.
Speaker 9: And for some.
Speaker 16: Reason, I hit it out of the park the first time and I don't even you know, play baseball, So it's crazy.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 6: It's interesting to me just kind of the different skills that you have because again, you had to like have a real job until you were able to do music, which again it's risky to quit a real job to pursue something in any art because there's nothing in art that's for sure. Right, Yeah, you're creating and just hoping that that it stays up. When did you first get like a look from because you haven't yet a manager, but like a label or or another artist that reached out and they were like, dude, that's legit, Like when did that happen?
Speaker 16: Yeah, So there's an artist by the name of Ryan Upchurch. He's a local Nashville native and like badass country music, like country rap artists, and him and my manager partnered and started a label and like signed me, and that's kind of where the budget came from to build everything. Did a few shows with him, finished my contract with Holler Boy Records, which was that establishment, and then moved over to Warner So now I have a JV at Warner and so like that was even more songs getting released and then came with radio play and everything else too.
Speaker 6: So has it just been wild? Like you can't kind of believe it's all happened, but at the same time you can believe because you put it in the work. Yeah, Still, it all just came from you not even wanting to post a video. Yeah, it's it is gnarly.
Speaker 16: I mean my manager I'm telling you about is literally that big dude standing right there inside that window, and we called him Snap. Everybody knows him as Lloyd, but Big Snap, and I mean he's been with me since since day one. He's known me since I was fifteen sixteen running around in a jeep with no tags in Nashville and you know, trying to show him demos that I've written that we're just really bad. But eventually we figured it out and h we're getting somewhere.
Speaker 6: So if your bus broke down, could you fix it?
Speaker 9: Oh I've done that?
Speaker 11: Yeah, oh yeah, basically fix it himself because he's yeah.
Speaker 9: Like, oh hell yeah, yeah. I got a video.
Speaker 16: I could probably find it if you wanted me to show you. I was up underneath. So we bought I bought my first bus. I believe like ownership is the only ship, right, so at least a bus for a long time. And I was like, this just doesn't make sense financially to me for how much we to And so I bought a bus and the first run that we took it out on of we made I think we went to like New York and then we like made it all the way up there, did three shows on the way all the way up, and I was like, Lord, if we make it all the way to New York with no issues, I'll be fine. If we have issues on the way back, fine, you know that's fine. I think it was like four to twenty like last year, and so you know it comes with four twenty and so we had just sparked up in the back of the bus. The next thing I know, there was problems happening. So I'm underneath the bus trying to figure that out, and like three o'clock in the morning, off an exit ramp. Our air system so the bus has like a self leveling air system, and it has like a little like a little bubble like you would see like on a level when if you're building something. And the whole driver's side of the bus, the front was just like ducking like it would not air up, and you have to be aired up to go down the road because if you're not, then you're just right on bump stops. And we could air it up for long enough that I could get under it. And so they aired it up on the side of the road and then cut the bus off, like bus off really fast.
Speaker 9: I crawled up under there before aired down.
Speaker 16: So I'm under the bus while it's aired down, like the cross members like just like like right on here, and I'm and again we're sitting on an exit ramp.
Speaker 6: Like every part of this feels dangerous. By the way, Oh yeah, exit ram, yeah, bus reach me.
Speaker 9: I mean I was ready.
Speaker 16: I was ready to die if I had to I was right with the Lord at that point, but they cut it off. I found the air leak. I literally like popped it off, cut the piece off of the It was kind of I don't know what kind of air hos it is. It's kind of like picks, but like popped it off, cut it off, put it back in, and it was fine until we got back to Nashville. Put some duct tape around it. Literally like something you would see some Joe dirt.
Speaker 6: I can do nothing like that. I don't know. I have no skill at all. That's has a parallel like none.
Speaker 9: Four Boys got poor boy ways man.
Speaker 16: We've had a lot of Chinese four wheelers and broken uh broken lawnmowers.
Speaker 9: That we had to fix over the days.
Speaker 6: So we have no Yeah, you're extremely at a level of masculinity that I know.
Speaker 16: I'm older than you have masculinity. Yeah, dude, that's like thank you. That's I'll take that. Tattoos and in the gym, so I'll take that.
Speaker 9: It feels good.
Speaker 6: We're gonna play Love You Again. So, I don't know you wrote this with Casey Brown Taylor Phillips. Yeah, the song's doing really well. It's I mean, it's really starting to pick up on a different like mainstream level, like a bigger audience is hearing it every day. So I don't know when you write this song, were you pursuing any type of like we're gonna writ up, We're gona run mid, We're gon run up, or rid sads? Like how did this come out?
Speaker 16: I'd say it was It was a day where it was actually the first time me and Taylor Phillips had wrote and we walked into the room he kind of was like, had this this like melody and we just laid it down and like wrote the whole song literally no Joe, like twenty minutes and wrote it, recorded the demo right there, and mainly the demo is what became the record, and so it was just fell out. Yeah, we basically just mixed and mastered it. Austin Sean did a little bit of tweaking on it and and took it all the way to radio and that's crazy to even say, but yeah, it came out fast and we jammed it. I mean, I think we played it probably one hundred times the first day when we left with it, and just knew that like there was something special about that one.
Speaker 5: On the Bobby Bones Show now Chase Matthew, which is.
Speaker 6: So interesting, Like I have a Bronco and it's a seventy three. Oh yeah, it's the cool body style one of the last year's. Yeah, it won't start, and so I gave up. I haven't even been back to it.
Speaker 9: I mean, does it do anything when you hit the key?
Speaker 6: The first time it went and the second time it went like half of what it does?
Speaker 9: Dead or yeah?
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know. I was just sitting there and sounds like it's trying to turn over. If you come back, I'm leaning to die. I'm never to going back to it again. It's broken forever. Yeah, But so I need you. I need your assistance because Ray has a truck and it leaks oil and he gets messages from our building going whoever drives the suv that has an oil spill? Stop? So Ray, what, here's your truck two thousand and five, and it's a what trailblazer?
Speaker 12: Chevy trail Blazer. They don't even really make them anymore. I mean it kind of went out about five years ago.
Speaker 9: I think, yeah, the you said it five?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Is it a six cylinder?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 12: You know, it's actually four and I got it murdered out though you went down.
Speaker 6: You made it sound like it's any more. He was like, no, man, it's actually four yeah, tricky, I don't know, Ricky, we like that.
Speaker 16: I don't know they put four cylinders in those. I thought it was a probably like a forty two.
Speaker 12: You're right, supercharge is like seven cylinders right?
Speaker 8: Seven?
Speaker 9: Oh my god, it went on.
Speaker 6: I don't think that one exists.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I think I think that one. Yeah, that's uh yeah four seven?
Speaker 6: So when when when like his oil is leaking out of his truck?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 6: What what probably is that? If you were just guessing but not even looking at.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I mean it's got some kind of orifice that it's coming out as a hole somewhere.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 16: Probably, I mean it's probably some gaskets or something. Who knows, it could be valvec or gas.
Speaker 12: You think it's connected to like the wipers because the windshill wipers the actual motors haven't worked in about five years.
Speaker 9: There's a fused or something.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when your wifers are brook.
Speaker 12: Right well, and then also with the locks on the door, So the only way I can do it, none of the locks if I put my key in it.
Speaker 6: There's no actual lock in the door.
Speaker 9: Oh that's a pain in the wait.
Speaker 6: But is there a thing to put your key? No?
Speaker 12: Oh, so that whole thing that it's it's out, it's in there, but when you put it in it like the want unlock the car. So there's no way to lock my car.
Speaker 8: Oh wow, Well that you just told her on that. That's awesome.
Speaker 6: But I think they'll see all seven soldiers think.
Speaker 11: Ray says his blazer is murdered out. It's just a black blazer.
Speaker 6: It's literally black.
Speaker 11: There's no black friends, there's no like the tires are black, but everybody's are and black paint.
Speaker 6: Are you still like a car? Do you are sure a car guy? Do you still love cars? Oh?
Speaker 16: Yeah, yeah, I've got a I've got a cool collection that I've kind of acquired over the years. Most of them are like sentimental and have like a story behind them. And that's why, you know, I don't really just like go buy cars because I think they look cool. But most of the time, like you know, I feel like a build a relationship with them where they have a reason they wear in a music video or vice versa, something like that.
Speaker 6: Do you have somebody that you trust that we could send rate like you're the guy that was your boss. It is that who it is. But just somebody that you would trust that we could send raised truck to and they count like fix the little stuff.
Speaker 16: Yeah, but I mean if it's just little stuff, I mean I could. I mean even if it's an engine, I could do it. I mean I feel like that's hey, bring it over. I'm like twenty minutes from Hey, Well you.
Speaker 6: Let him have your truck.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, I'm serious.
Speaker 6: I'll do it, dude.
Speaker 12: Get those window wipers rocking before the next rainstorm comes.
Speaker 6: My favorite thought the oil leak was because the winch wipe.
Speaker 16: That's great. Yeah, because I had seven cylinders. Yeah, it's phenomenal.
Speaker 6: So let's do that and that'd be fun. We'll make some content out of it.
Speaker 8: Okay, does the Chase have time for this?
Speaker 16: Not really, but I'll make tom. I'll make time.
Speaker 6: I think.
Speaker 9: I think it's cool. That's cool.
Speaker 16: I mean I hate that, it's I hate uh, I hate those trailblazers.
Speaker 9: But I'll fix it. Yeah, we can make that happen.
Speaker 6: You could do that, and you should have them signed the back. Yeah, for sure, you already got bumper cigarets. But I just like.
Speaker 16: Wrap it, like wrap whole thing in your face, like a thousand times.
Speaker 6: All raised face.
Speaker 9: Just bring it back.
Speaker 1: You know how to wrap a car.
Speaker 16: I've never wrapped a car, but I mean, it's sure. It's just vinyl and a gun. Really, Yeah, cylinders.
Speaker 6: Nine takes nine celders throw that gun.
Speaker 11: Thoughts when you say it, it doesn't sound the same.
Speaker 8: But yeah, taste knows. He sounds like he knows what he's talking about.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't. I'm actually clueless.
Speaker 11: I know the thing is, though you I feel like y'all grew up. Well, he said you you grew up.
Speaker 6: He grew up a car. I'm not sure what his animal. I can clean animal pretty quick, Okay, I don't know if you can. Don't know what.
Speaker 14: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Everybody, all poor people will raised differently.
Speaker 9: Right. Yeah, I'm not a big hunter.
Speaker 16: I mean I've been hunting many times, but I'm not a big So that's what it is.
Speaker 1: You can clean an animal, Yeah he could?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Oh yeah, yeah, no problem. Okay, look, when he gets time, we should actually let him do this.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and passenger side door to it doesn't close, so I'm making my numb.
Speaker 9: My Amazon order's been it long right now.
Speaker 6: Chase Matthews here our straight talk wireless question. So, as your career continues to grow, like who tells it to you straight? Like who if it's new music, if it's hey man, maybe you shouldn't.
Speaker 16: Put that song, Hey, Chase, this sucks kind of thing, basically like who gives you the straight talk? Yeah, well, shout out straight talk because I think I still have a straight talk phone. That person's probably like my managers. And then when they tell me it sucks, I like, I love to argue about how it doesn't suck, but yeah, I trust their opinion.
Speaker 9: Trust their opinion.
Speaker 16: And sometimes I'll send it to like other like my producer friends or something like a song, and be like, what do you think you know? And then they'll either tell me if it sucks, and then I know it really sucks.
Speaker 6: The great thing about having somebody that you trust to tell you that something isn't great is that when they tell you that something is really good, you can trust them.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Because there's a point when you start to have success where everybody just wants to be around you or be connected to your success or a yes man. Yeah, And so everything's awesome. But it's the people that will be like, hey, I don't think this is your best work. That maybe that's a value or maybe not at that point. But you know that when they say hey, this is good, you can trust that because they're also not afraid to say, hey, that's not good.
Speaker 9: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 16: You need to surround yourself with those people in your life. If everyone's telling you yes, then they're lying to you unless it.
Speaker 6: Was really good.
Speaker 16: Unless you're just or the size of your manager slash bodyguard. Unless you're him Heimothy, you're just Himothy.
Speaker 6: How big is that?
Speaker 9: Dude? He's big?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 6: What's up, buddy?
Speaker 9: Hey, he's he's I'm proud of him. Man.
Speaker 16: That man shaved like one hundred pounds this year already. I'm at height more than anything, like six four.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Like he could lift up the bus and you just get.
Speaker 16: He could probably lift the airplane up and take it to Bahamas. He just got back from Mexico like two days ago and didn't take me with him.
Speaker 6: I'm mad, Chase, dude, it's really cool to see you know, what's been happening and how you've been growing it, but also you know, like creating a lot of this yourself. Thank you like doing it your own way. That's really cool. You guys. Chase Matthew dot Com if you want to see, because he's doing the Loop Tour and the Al Dean Tour and he's doing shows and he's playing the iHeart Country the Daytime Village. So come out because it'll be chasing Riley Green and Walker Hayes, Ashley Cook, Chris Lane. We'll see in Austin. That'll be super cool. And I don't know, man, congratulations, thank you. It's it's the first of many times will hang out in here.
Speaker 9: I love that.
Speaker 6: And anything else, guys.
Speaker 16: I'll say something. I just want to say that this is really cool for me.
Speaker 6: Well, thanks man.
Speaker 16: And if there's anybody listening, if we add this into here, I just want to say to anybody listening, believe in yourself, chase your dreams. Because I used to sit in that garage working on ATV's listening to this on the radio. So this is really cool to like, thanks man, you know, come to work early and then listen to you guys and then like see myself here.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 16: It's just it's it goes to show God's really and he's got a plan and you gotta trust it.
Speaker 6: So I love that too, bus the whole thing, Like he's inspiring himself. But you guys, when he's like I listened.
Speaker 1: It's real, no, and I like it. Chase is reminding us to chase.
Speaker 9: Uh this one? Wait which one left?
Speaker 6: Arm? Forearm? Three words? No other side back here right there?
Speaker 16: Oh this born for this? Yeah, that's like my kind of my life story. It's a long story, but born for This is like my slogan. You know, you're we're all born for something. We're all born to chase our dreams. And and uh it's also the title track for my first full length album, and uh it's something my dad told me. I auditioned to go to Nashville School Arts, which I've never told anybody this, but I have just never said National School Arts. But I audition to go to National School Arts out of middle school. And it was like, I don't know what was up with the teacher that day, but he was just having a bad day.
Speaker 9: Him.
Speaker 16: To be as young as I was, you know, certain words kind of hit you a little different, and he was just having a bad day, I guess, and he was just like, yeah, you're not good enough. Man, like you're wasting my time kind of thing. And so me and my dad sat at the Sonic and in his beat up old Dodge caravan with no ac it just hot as hell to start of summer, and he told me, he's like, son, you're born for this, Like, don't listen to what that guy has to say, and that for some reason stuck with me for so long, and it's become my slogan. It's become my saying. It's become our kind of our for lack of better words, are, it's what we live by. And a lot of my diehard fans and like really cool supporters, they all have the Born for this tattoo, and most of the time it's my handwriting, and it's it's just really cool. It's Isaiah fifty four to seventeen. No weapon formed against me shall prosper. That's kind of the backstory too as well of what we ride with on that because Born for this. You'd have to watch the music video for Born for this to understand. But yeah, I bought I when I got my first music check, I went and bought my dad's old car back for him back in twenty seventeen. He lost it. In a divorce. I feel like I'm rambling. I'm sorry, we have time to cut you off. Don Okay. Yeah, so, uh, twenty seventeen was like a tough year for me in my life. And not to get like sappy. I'm not that guy. I don't want anyone feeling bad for me. But my dad went through a lot that year. I did too. I lost my best friend a couple other things. But he, Uh, my dad had this car since he was nineteen years old and it's an old sixty five plymous satellite. He brought it down to Tennessee from New Mexico. We always had dreams like fixing it up. Grew up watching automotive shows and restoration shows. And when he got his divorce, he kind of had to sell it, and I sold it for him because he was out of town. And watching that car leave on a rollback was really emotional because we had all these dreams of fixing it up.
Speaker 9: And so.
Speaker 16: When my manager told me, he's like, man, you're gonna get your first music check, you know, I think it's time you can let your boss know you you won't be showing up to work as often. I bought my dad's old car back. I went through like months of trying to track it down and I found it and we documented the whole thing and film the whole thing and put it on YouTube in the music video for Born for this. So there's tons of footage of like my childhood, like riding motorcycles at like the age of six, and like just being a gearhead my whole life, and like always having a musical instrument around me or close to me or in my hands, and even like me at three years old getting my first guitar and then at the end surprise of my dad with his car, and it's just emotional.
Speaker 9: We're fixing it up now. It's sitting in my shop at the house.
Speaker 6: I mean that's a headliner. I mean, that's it's closer right there. The stories like oh, I'm not rambling, and we're like, please talk more.
Speaker 8: It's awesome.
Speaker 6: Okay, it's a great story. That's an awesome story. Chase, I'll talk to my book to youth fall out. Well, you keep talking, I'm gonna go to that. But listen, Chase Matthew, you guys follow them.
Speaker 9: I am.
Speaker 6: I am Chase Matthew. iHeart Country Fest, Daytime Stage. I'll see you there. It'd be awesome.
Speaker 9: Dude.
Speaker 6: I'm rooting for you. You don't need my rooting. You're killing it by yourself. But thanks for coming in and thank you and hanging out man and Ray. Yeah, sometimes you know how this is, like, Oh, we'll hang out, or we'll go to dinner, or we'll fix your car. I don't know if he's really gonna do it once we leave, but it was a fun talk, right, Sorry, dude, you're back in the garage, man, you get a car?
Speaker 9: Yeah, no, I'm in there.
Speaker 16: I'm in there every day of the week like that I'm at home, so I enjoy it. It's actually like my my thing to do. But I mean it like you got my word and one man of my word. So all right, don't make me put a motor in that thing, dude, Like in a week can be hard.
Speaker 6: It's cut off. I don't even know the thing. The hoods cut up and there's a big one that comes one of those engines. Flames are coming out of it.
Speaker 9: Got a turbo LS hanging out there?
Speaker 6: Know what that means. It's funny. I got tub about the funny reference, but I know nothing about cars.
Speaker 9: So turbo ls just one forge internals.
Speaker 6: That's hilarious. I have no idea, but I'll look at all.
Speaker 9: That built turbo four hundred four hundred. That's a good yea, that's a good one.
Speaker 6: Chase, Matthew, Chase, Chase.
Speaker 2: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two, so Lunchbox.
Speaker 4: Wants the show to now do staggered bathroom breaks. And it's as weird as it sounds and just idiotic and ridiculous. That's all I'm gonna say, because I will get mad again.
Speaker 6: Number two, Lunchbox wants to suggest a new rule for all of us here in the studio, the guy who does not like rules himself. I like to suggest a new rule. The microphone is yours.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I want to do staggered bathroom breaks. It's getting awkward when we go to the bathroom and the women go to.
Speaker 10: The bathroom because those walls are so thin.
Speaker 7: And the other day Morgan and Amy went into the bathroom and I could hear the urine as I was standing at the urinal through the wall, and I was like, this is so awkward, my goodness, and so weird, and I'm like, whoever designed the walls? Soapdin a needs to be fired. B. We had to make it where the women go in, they do their thing, and they come out. Then the guys can go in their bathroom and do the thing. Because I was just like, oh my gosh, get me out of here, Get me out of here, get me out of here. And I can't unhear it.
Speaker 10: I can't unheer.
Speaker 6: So you're still hearing it now, Yeah, I'm still hearing it.
Speaker 1: You've never heard someone p before?
Speaker 10: No, No, I've heard someone pee, But it's just weird.
Speaker 1: Weird, right am I?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 11: Eddie?
Speaker 8: I mean I've never heard that, but yeah, that would be weird if I heard it. Yeah, it's weird, weird.
Speaker 10: I'm sitting there at the Journal and I hear Morgan if I was.
Speaker 6: One of list, No, I don't you think it was Amy?
Speaker 10: It was Amy because I was just trying to protect.
Speaker 1: Her, So you're trying to protect me.
Speaker 6: I'm saying, if you they were both in there, Morgan went really in there.
Speaker 1: Okay, and I were in there together.
Speaker 7: At some point, yes, But this time when I heard it, it was what I have heard is the toilet paper roll, Like I've heard that before.
Speaker 6: It's weird.
Speaker 4: That weird every time. Okay, this is maybe can you hear them p because I can't hear them.
Speaker 6: Well, the hin doesn't have a correct.
Speaker 10: That's the problem is you're you're you're so far up you're hearing it.
Speaker 6: Like, but what if you were to hear it, dude peeing in the like the regular stand up toilet in the back of the bathroom.
Speaker 10: That's it's different. That's fine, it's different.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I have no problem with this. We need to grow up.
Speaker 6: Like, so, do we need to rule change stagger bathrooms? No?
Speaker 8: I mean I wouldn't mind it now that he brings it up. I do remember hearing the toilet paper roll come out and like and then we go like, oh my gosh, I feel like I'm in the bathroom with them, exactly.
Speaker 7: This is weird, Like I'm in them and I shouldn't be like, get out.
Speaker 1: Like this is weird exactly. Know, it's weird that this is a conversation.
Speaker 6: I s would have never even thought that that would be a factor. Ever, Hey, Scuba Steve, what do you think about this? Our executive producers is awkward. It doesn't bother me at all, But what do you think about them wanting to change a rule to have staggered bathroom breaks because they feel offended.
Speaker 8: I feel like then that becomes inefficient for what we're doing here, because we do it at the same time so we can come back at the same time and keep working.
Speaker 11: But also it's like you're telling me we need to sca stagger bathrooms because a little boys over here can't listen to a girl pee.
Speaker 6: That's another thing too, it's a little imature, so immature, feel like your rights have been a French time.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I may have to hit up, like at home, do you have a problem like hearing bathroom?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I don't see my wife go pee ever ever, ever, but like you like I in there when she's going.
Speaker 1: Pe, you've never heard You've never heard your wife?
Speaker 7: I know I'm saying I have, but I don't like it, That's what I'm saying. I try to avoid it at all costs so I don't need to bring it to work where I'm hearing you pe bring.
Speaker 6: It to work? I feel like, what do you bring to work?
Speaker 10: You know I'm saying.
Speaker 7: If I hear my wife p at home, I'm run out, Like I'm I try to aboid it out of the house.
Speaker 11: Okay, what if you and the guys are in the bathrooms the same time and y'all pee at the same time.
Speaker 10: Different?
Speaker 6: How is that?
Speaker 1: Is it different?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's just weird.
Speaker 11: I feel like now I should go to HR like this feels weird.
Speaker 6: Everybody, let's go to HR gosh and let them make the decision.
Speaker 8: Scuba, have you ever heard it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it doesn't bother me, Like like my wife and I have gone bathroom myself here in the office. Yeah, it doesn't bother me.
Speaker 8: I've heard Amy and Abby and Morgan, people who work out the other the girls. Did you guys know that? Did you know that? We can hear you.
Speaker 3: It doesn't bother.
Speaker 8: Starting right, like one time I heard the toilet paper go over and over and over, like I knew it was one of those days.
Speaker 1: No, that's not what that means.
Speaker 5: Whatever, that doesn't stop.
Speaker 6: That's too far, too far. I hate it.
Speaker 1: It's ridiculous HR.
Speaker 11: And also that's not whatever. I honestly can't believe this is.
Speaker 6: I didn't even know it was like something people were scared of, Like I didn't even't think about it until you brought it up. But I've never heard anything to the wall in the bathroom, although I don't really leave the studio down, so I can't never go again. Well you have a solution, okay, but keep it. Keep it.
Speaker 11: The solution is.
Speaker 1: We all go to the bathroom the same time. It is what it is, and you'll.
Speaker 6: Grow up this solution.
Speaker 1: Grow up.
Speaker 6: I like your solution, but I'd like to hear everybody out, Eddie more practical.
Speaker 8: Can we do a bluetooth speaker in there with me? Music maybe, like sounds of like nature or something to drown out that.
Speaker 1: Sound, because y'all don't like the sound of a female.
Speaker 6: Your phone in front of you.
Speaker 8: It's not a female, what is it? It's just you.
Speaker 1: It didn't matter.
Speaker 8: It's you, guys. It's weird, man.
Speaker 6: So Eddie phone the music of your phone. Okay, that's as practical as it gets.
Speaker 1: Now we should feel insecure. I'm not going to. But they're making us like.
Speaker 8: If you were in there and you heard lunchbox going.
Speaker 1: But I don't know what we do. But that's not what we're talking about here.
Speaker 11: It's a different Why is it escalated to that when it's lunch Whatever.
Speaker 6: You think is gross, regardless of what it is. If that was happening and you heard it?
Speaker 1: What did he bother No, I'm not bothered by it.
Speaker 6: I'm not either. I'm not not here.
Speaker 8: You haven't heard it.
Speaker 6: I didn't even know this could be a thing where people will be.
Speaker 1: So are you bothered by that sound? If it's lunchbox?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 6: I am right? Oh yeah, like that's that's not okay. Well, here's my final ruling. Then, I think that you guys should walk in with your phones and your music turned on. Okay, Therefore it doesn't bother you because it is not wrong.
Speaker 10: I'm not saying it's wrong, but I'm not saying it's right.
Speaker 1: This is so stupid.
Speaker 6: Here's here's my ruling. Play music on your phone. Okay, we can do that your phone, all right. Case dismissed. No need for hr. Thank you.
Speaker 5: It's the best Bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 4: The big moment of the show this week, Eddie received a million dollar secret. Well, essentially, he had to sign an nda that if he breaks he has to pay a million dollars. So we're calling it the million dollar Secret and he will be able to share more once the news is out, apparently in the coming weeks.
Speaker 3: At some point. But that's all we know.
Speaker 4: All we know is he has a secret. Scoop Steve knows the secret, and that's it. So you're going to hear that right now in Eddie's reaction as he's receiving the secret.
Speaker 6: Number one, Eddie could lose one million dollars in this segment. Eddie, do you have a million dollars?
Speaker 8: No? No, not even close.
Speaker 6: So Eddie has signed a non disclosure agreement. I tried for them to let Lunchbox and Ray sign it to learn the secret. They said no, they can't be trusted for some reason. They think you can be trusted. All good Amy. You are also selected to not sign it. Does it hurt your feelings at all?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 1: I'm okay.
Speaker 6: I did sign it either. What happened quick story a few days ago? Record Label said we want to give you some some secret, but you need to sign this with a penalty of one million dollars. I said I passed. They said no, no, we want to tell you.
Speaker 8: You were scared of the one million dollars.
Speaker 6: I just don't care. I don't think I'll care.
Speaker 8: You don't want to know a secret.
Speaker 6: Not about No, I'll learn it anyway. Apparently so I said no, thank you, and then our boss was like, you should sign it. I'm good. I don't want to have a million dollar penalty in case I say something. So I said, what if Lunchbox and Ray can do it? That'ld be hilarious because you know they'll end up saying something. How funny is it that they got fined a million bucks. I've been find a million bucks by the FCC. It's not fun not funny. So they said no. So they said that Eddie is the person they think would be best to sign it. Eddie has signed this agreement. He's now going to learn what the secret is. Ray, can you give us some secret music because we're not going to use.
Speaker 10: Part of the secret.
Speaker 6: What what the music whatever we're about to play. I don't know what he's about to play, so none of us know what it is, including myself, So we're gonna be quiet.
Speaker 8: That's just Scuba.
Speaker 6: Steve is in your ears, Scuba, are you there now? We can't hear Scuba.
Speaker 8: Steve. I hear him.
Speaker 6: Now, tell him to tell you the secret and we'll just and guys, don't talk. Just let the music play. I don't want Eddie be distracted.
Speaker 8: Okay, Scuba, I am now fifteen seconds to your secret.
Speaker 6: Ready, go to hear the seat here Eddie's reaction. Okay, Edie's got big eyes right now, he's got big eyes.
Speaker 8: He's trying to hold on, hold on, hold on, repeat that, repeat that second part.
Speaker 6: Again. I do not know what the secret is. Yeah, yeah, it involves two years.
Speaker 1: Nice crouching his lip.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's got big eyes. He's not understanding something.
Speaker 9: It's probably math. Wow.
Speaker 6: Wow, Okay, he's shaking his head back and forth. He's now spitting on himself.
Speaker 1: He's like he doesn't he doesn't have words.
Speaker 8: Or hold on quiet, hold on, say that again, yelling.
Speaker 1: We're doing a show here.
Speaker 6: We're supposed to be quiet.
Speaker 8: Okay. Is that is that the end of the secret? I mean there can be more. Wow.
Speaker 6: Okay, you're not talking to me, you're talking to Scooba.
Speaker 8: SE's talk to school guys. Guys. Guy, I'm talking to Scuba here.
Speaker 9: Can I hear you?
Speaker 8: Okay, Okay, we're done.
Speaker 6: Okay, cut cut the secret. Cut Scuba off, so now we can talk to you.
Speaker 8: Scoobas done.
Speaker 6: Okay, we try to be as quiet as we said.
Speaker 8: It's so hard. I've spoiled so many movies. Like now, I don't even know what to say, So what was it?
Speaker 10: He almost did it?
Speaker 8: I didn't want to look at you, dude, I have like I don't want to say too much.
Speaker 10: Do you have too much on your shoulders?
Speaker 13: You need to let it?
Speaker 6: Yes? Like okay, on me, right? What if we do telephone? You whisper it to Amy, he whispers it to lunchbox, he whispers it to me. We'll see what comes.
Speaker 9: Out of it.
Speaker 8: I don't even want to talk about anything. You don't like anything, so you.
Speaker 6: Don't even want it to not really have much like pokey about the bit or anything.
Speaker 8: Not even the bit anything, dude, I don't even want to question, like what your color? I don't care. You don't want say, like what if I accidentally say something? Now that's a million dollars that I don't have that I don't have to pay.
Speaker 6: Okay, can I ask you one question about it?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 6: Okay, I guess my question was and you don't have to answer it. Is it worthy of me signing? I'm not going to have me signing a document. There's no chance just signing a document.
Speaker 8: Is that a real question?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yes, the answer is what Yes, the answer is yes.
Speaker 8: Sign it.
Speaker 6: Dude.
Speaker 8: Here here, you can put two signatures on this one.
Speaker 6: We're not doing a dou a lotto, dude, Come on, man done. Eddie now knows the secret. He's the only one in this room that knows the secret.
Speaker 8: I don't even want to say anything, but guys, I know a secret.
Speaker 6: We're gonna play Morgan Wallan. We'll move off this scuba. Well, will you know in the next three months what the secret is? Definitely in the next three months, two months, two months, one month, oh yeah, one month.
Speaker 8: Oh I like that much better.
Speaker 6: Weeks So in the next weeks we'll find out what all this. Yeah, okay, thank you. Now let's play Morgan Wallan. Think about me. I wonder if we'll get suit for that one.
Speaker 8: This is too much, you do you not now?
Speaker 6: Not want to know?
Speaker 8: It's too much.
Speaker 6: It's like the matrix you wish you hadn't taken the fill.
Speaker 8: I know too much.
Speaker 6: Okay, it's the.
Speaker 5: Best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 4: All right, y'all, that's it for me this weekend. I hope you're having a great, safe, fun weekend. Whatever you're doing. I appreciate you. Taking some time out to spend it with me and hopefully with me and Scuba Steve on part one and three.
Speaker 3: I'll catch you guys next time. You can come hang out with me on social media at.
Speaker 4: Ub girl Morgan on Everything and The Bobby Bone Show on Everything.
Speaker 3: Also, bye, guys.
Speaker 2: That's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms.
Speaker 1: Bobby Bone Show and follow at web
Speaker 2: Girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.