Speaker 1: Looking for a mortgage bank to help you make your next major mortgage move, whether it's a refi or home purchase, regardless of whether it's your first one or one of many, consider our friends at Stockton Mortgage, but don't just take our word for it.
Speaker 2: Stockton Mortgage has over seventy thousand five star reviews and counting, just like this review from Joshua, who says this about his experience with Stockton. They were super professional, always answered my questions I had, and streamlined the process. I could not ask for better people to help me and my family get our first house. I feel blessed to be able to go through them. Be like Joshua or the sixty nine nine hundred ninety nine others just like him, and get started with Stockton Mortgage today by going to Stockton dot com and get started. I've even used Stockton Mortgage myself on my own home loan. For your home loan needs, Stockton dot com and click get started Stockton Mortgage MLS eight two five nine, Equal Housing Lender NMLS, Consumer Access dot Org.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Hour two of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage. Now here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back our number two Kentucky Sports Radio, Ryan Drew and Shannon Matt is off in Amsterdam. He just tweeted a picture which about thirty minutes ago of like.
Speaker 4: A scene scene no tulips, no tulips.
Speaker 2: No tulips, just a lot of water and buildings. Okay, but he is. He has made it to Amsterdam and he's there. Which, by the way, they had a car bombing yesterday in the middle of the city. Uh so, I don't think it injured anybody, but uh gotta be careful out there. So look, few players, high school players in the state of Kentucky have done what this guy has done. That is when mister basketball win a state championship, MVP of the state championship game and you're going to Kentucky. The only ones I could think were Darius Miller. I believe he pulled it off, and maybe maybe Perry Travis Perry. He would be another back to back teammate, future teammates. Yeah so, uh so we want to get him on and talk to himaut that a heck of a week. Just finished playing the McDonald's All American Game.
Speaker 5: Got to be exhausted.
Speaker 2: He was here this summer. Did a show this summer with him and his brother Michael, so Malachi Marino joining us. Malachi, I think this is your spring break. Aren't you supposed to be on the beat somewhere?
Speaker 6: Uh, you know, I didn't have any time to travel. I was playing basketball.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, congratulations, let's just go kind of go in order. Mister basketball, that was the announced first. You know, it's a dream of every Kentucky kid when you're shooting ball in your driveway. Did someday name mister basketball? You got that? How'd that make you feel?
Speaker 6: It was a privilege and honor just to kind of be in that kind of in that kind of name, with the history it's had. You know, it's always the best player in state of Kentucky that wins it. And once I heard my name called it, it was a It was truly a blessing.
Speaker 5: You're and your great crossing teammates just lifted the trophy and reparena last week. But the year before you were knocking on the door, made it to the Simmis got knocked out. How much did the getting so close as a junior? Did that motivate you in the in your senior season? And what was it like finally getting the job done in your last year with your high school friends and teammates, A great crossing.
Speaker 6: It definitely motivated us just because we were juniors and we were right there like we had it in our hands, and unfortunately we got knocked off. So we came back. It was our senior year, it was our last year, so we knew we wanted to go out with a bang. And I mean, I don't think there's no bigger bang than becoming a state champion in the state of Kentucky's you are.
Speaker 5: You and Travis just gonna be wearing your rings around the UK facility, showing them off, shining them off in front of everybody once you get to campus.
Speaker 6: Now ill everybody know I'm at champion.
Speaker 2: You know, I think it's pretty cool your core group of guys LJ. Gage, Vincent, you you guys have been starting since you were like sophomores, played something as even as freshmen. That's kind of cool to you when you got a group of guys together like that that you have been on this journey to end with the state championship.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean we've all kind of grown up together, you know. Me, Gage and Vince. We played travel ball together for so long, and then you know, we made the decision to go to high school together. Then we brought LJ into the mix, and I think just us playing with each other so much, it kind of felt like second nature, like nothing really changed, and we knew how each other played, we knew how each other functioning, and it just made playing together so much easier.
Speaker 5: It was impressive from you to go from upping the Sweet sixteen to the McDonald's All American Game a few days later, then on short rest, you have a great game on the national stage against some of the best players in your class. What was just that timeline like of getting there, getting acclimated with everybody, and then having that big game That seems like a whirlwind few days for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So, you know, we had the two games for the state semifinals and the finals on that Saturday, and then we had our police escort back to the school, a little little hoop while at the school kind of thing, just to celebrate our win. And then I had to go home and immediately start packing because I flew out at six am the next morning. But I was able, you know, I was able to talk with the staff at McDonald's, and they were They gave me the opportunity to stay at home and win the state championship because you know, I'm always team over myself, so I wanted to win that state championship before I went to New York, and they allowed me to do that. So it was truly I was extremely grateful.
Speaker 5: There are some stories written while you're up there that you might have been talking to more than coaches, maybe another McDonald's All American. You might have done a little recruiting for Kentucky there. Did you and Nate have any conversations you can tell us about.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we definitely had a couple of conversations, But I mean, at the end of the day, it's his decision. It's about where he wants to find the best fit for himself and hopefully it's in the big Blue.
Speaker 2: Why what do you like about what Pope did this year and how do you see yourself fitting in next year when you put on that Kentucky uniform?
Speaker 6: Then I would definitely say just the system he has. I mean, coming into the job, a lot of people were very doubtful, but he came in he was ready to work from day one. And I mean the season kind of speaks for itself. They were break top ten for a really long time. I mean, injury riddled and still producing the same. I think that really showed the kind of a type of coach he is, and that makes me really excited, just because he's a coach that never gives up and he's always fighting to the end. And I see it's like that's something I always play for because I played to win, and I mean he's going to be a great coach to play for.
Speaker 5: He's still building his roster. But has he given you any indication of how he wants to use you or maybe anything he had you working on in particular during your season senior season to be ready for Kentucky. You're just any kind of thing that Pope has kind of steered you in a direction of how he wants you to play as a freshman.
Speaker 6: Kind of just to play with confidence. You know, the way Mario Williams played, he puts a lot of trust in It's five man and he told me he has a lot of trust in me. He decided for me to get on campus and just to play with confidence and just to play for the name on the front. You know a prosper for the name on the back.
Speaker 5: Hey you mentioned Amri did did you try any of the weed to Bix? I know it really helped them Mari get to, you know, maximize his potential. Did you get in on the wied to Bix praise with all a big blue nation during the tournament?
Speaker 6: I do, indeed need to try wet to Bix. I gotta find it somewhere in the store, but I'm gonna try it. I heard it's really good, so we'll.
Speaker 2: Sold out right now.
Speaker 5: But we'll find you something. You can't find them in Kentucky.
Speaker 6: Now, I'm gonna have to go somewhere find so.
Speaker 2: Uh. You know, I've I've seen you play in your middle school days when you're playing against my son and middle school ball and summer ball and stuff. I've been so impressed with your develop and as a player. What do you attribute that to? Do you know? Because as a matter of fact, the best two games I think I've ever seen you play were the semifinal game and the final state finals. I mean, you were a man child out there in those two games.
Speaker 6: I kind of distributed it to everyone that's helped me along the process. I mean in the summer. I could have went to a prep school, I could have left Kentucky, but I decided to stay home because everyone around me had always pushed me to be better. They had always helped me get better, and I mean, there's no reason to leave that because I mean, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. So I had no reason to go, and they pushed me to be better and it really helped me. And I'm I'm truly blessed with the people I have around me.
Speaker 5: I saw you at several Kentucky home games throughout the season. Yeah, I mean you might not have missed one. You were a fixture in Reperina. Did you ever have the urge to just go sit over at the bench? And how excited are you to finally I guess Big Blue Madness would be your big Reperenda debut as a Wildcab And are you excited to finally be a part of the team after watching so many games up close?
Speaker 6: Yes, because just like being in Repreena and just feeling the energy that comes from the crowd. I mean, you can feel so much of it as a as a fan watching the game, but I feel like it's even better when you're on the court playing and you hear all those people chanting go big Blue.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, man, we were really proud of you. Congratulations on all your accolades, mister basketball state champion McDonald's All America. I mean, that's a kid's dream. Man. It does it all, It does it all. So very excited for you to start your career at Kentucky. We appreciate you spending some time with us here during your spring break. You still got a couple couple of days left. You gotta go back to school on Monday, so enjoy a couple of days. Malachi, Thank you so much, all right, appreciate it. Malachi Marino, the next big superstar coming to Kentucky. I mean, dude, he's living the dream right now. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Not that there were, you know, any questions about him, but him going to McDonald's American game just two days later and playing as well as he did against the top players in his class. That just added to the excitement of him coming to Kentucky and being a part of that freshman group with you know, another hometown or a home steak guy and Jasper Johnson and then a Kayden lewis very exciting. You know, we don't know a lot about the roster in these weird times of portal season, but I think we're not giving those three enough credit as we're looking at these guys from all these other schools and trying to figure out who they are. So not forget, Pope's got three very good commitments already.
Speaker 2: And I think those three guys are gonna play.
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Three guys are definitely gonna be on the floor a lot in play.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Big Blue Nation. We're pulling our hair out, you know, looking at the portal and is this guy the one? This one's going here? Where's Pope? But there's three guys that are ready to go right away. I think Malachi made a big statement at the McDonald's American Game to prove.
Speaker 2: That any portal news we need to hit on before we move on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's lots of new names. I'm still intrigued by Pierre, who I called Jason yesterday. But there's the pit guard Jalen Lowe. He's in the mix. A new name emerged today. I'm trying to pull it up. Jacob posted it right as the show started. Uh, don't want to get it wrong. Xavian Lee the Princeton point guard. I'd freely admit I'd never heard of this guy, told Jacob post the story. But I mean, we all just look at numbers. If if anyone out there has really watched all of these kids and and really has a good scouting report, I'll listen to you. But we're just going by stats at this point. It's a sixty three point guard average, seventeen points, six rebounds, and five and a half assists. Having not seen any tape on him yet, that sounds pretty good. He's another one that's popped on the radar. But you know, we've told Big Blue Nation to take a deep breath and Pope will get it figured out. But we are getting pretty antsy to get one of these because it's just name popping up, name popping up, name popping up, and it's moving quickly. Guys are committing the places in. Kentucky needs to start getting some.
Speaker 2: Because Dimery, the kid from Georgia picked Yukon. Yeah, so that's another guy Kentucky was in on. But any time you see a point guard into the portal, a good point guard, you got to know Kentucky's gonna make contact.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and yaxell i think we all still want Yaxl the UAB forward. Yeah, I mean he's the He's the number one ranked on a lot of the portal rankings. But uh, you know, I'm still I'm still trusting Pope and giving him patience. But I admit i'm a little antsy too. It's time started locking them down for being honest. Louisville has done a great job so far. Louisvill's loaded up. Louisville might have the best backcourt in the country next season, which is hard to say. I said this on Twitter, maybe they'll win a tournament game. Their fans got so sensitive just a simple tweet. I said they're gonna have a great backcourt, might win a tournament game, and my Twitter has just been nonstopa Troya. They're the softest bunch of fans ever. But I will tip the cap to uh Pat and his pat signal. They've gotten some big commitments. He's doing well, so Pope needs to get it in gear shouting.
Speaker 2: Out if you know this or not. But I'm not just a radio host. I'm also a realtor.
Speaker 7: I've heard that, heard that, So.
Speaker 2: I've got some inside scoop on some realtor scuttle butt. You know, John Calipari sold his big house there on Richmond Roe, the main Street mansion. The guy who bought it. Now, it's kind of leaked out. The first time he went into the house, they were, you know, doing their walkthrough, and there was one room that was locked, and so they finally got in the room, and you know it was in that room was full of timeout. We'll be right back. This is Kentucky' Sports Radio.
Speaker 7: You're really proud of that one, aren't you.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, Ryan Drew and Shann Hero Kentucky Sports Radio. Who's his sponsored? Billy's got his own sponsor. This is Billy's segment. He's got the five fun facts of Duke. Billy's got his own sponsor to this segment? Who is it? Drew?
Speaker 5: I guess I should let Billy read with them and I'll let him rest his voice there. He's had a long morning already. Let's talk about VOA Mid States. It's part of Volunteers of America. That's what the VOA is for. Our VOA Mid States branch, which serves Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia, and Clark and Floyd Counties in southern Indiana is our region's largest nonprofit provider of human services. Volunteers with America Mid States provides quality, family focused services for women seeking addiction recovery at their Freedom House program and offers services for men seeking addiction recovery at their Liberty Place program. Since nineteen ninety three, the treatment, therapy and sobriety support programs of thousands of women and families across Kentucky recover and rebuild at better than national average rates. If you were someone you love or fighting substance abuse, they're here to help. VOA Mid States. Whoever you are and wherever they serve, they're here to help. Go to voamid dot org to learn more, or call five oh two six three six four or five three zero.
Speaker 2: Ladies, jal without further ado, here's our KSR General manager, Billy R. Sports, who left his car running his driveway for about ten hours the other day. Ten hours, ten hours. Yeah, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Uh great to be with you. I will say, though I hated the homework assignment. How did this happen? I gots Florida? You got hosed, you had Florida, Mario switched it on you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thanks a lot Mario.
Speaker 2: He's a thing.
Speaker 5: We all know. Mario's Ksr's favorite child. Anytime we go out, Mario, Mario, Mario. Where's Mario? Let's get picture with the Mario. He just does what he wants. Now he's out of control, Bill, he just took your team.
Speaker 4: And unfortunately he's the only one I can pick on since he's the only one younger than me.
Speaker 2: So he traded Duke for Florida. So now you got stuck with So what are your five fun facts on the Duke Blue Devils.
Speaker 4: Well, I know how much this audience loves Duke, so I'm going to stay away from the basketball stuff for the most part. Okay, okay, So we'll start with how much tobacco means to the universe or to Duke univers I've not heard that it means a lot.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: The university actually had several different names when it first started as a college. It was named Trinity College for sixty five years from eighteen fifty nine to nineteen twenty four, but they eventually changed it because tobacco businessman James Buchanan Duke made generous donations to the school. It meant so much to them that they named the school after his late father, Washington Duke. But yet, Ryan, it is a tobacco free campus. Despite how influential tobacco is. Tobacco kind of built Duke University. Now it's tobacco free.
Speaker 8: Campus, absolutely right.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a good little fun fact there, dre it is.
Speaker 5: He's off to good start.
Speaker 8: Let's go to tradition.
Speaker 4: You know, Duke is a lot like Kentucky in a way. They don't do any court stormings and they never will. But Ryan, after big wins they burn benches, not mattresses or couches, but benches. After the nineteen eighty six National title game, after they lost to Louisville, the student body was so angry that they started bonfires of school benches after the game. Later in nineteen ninety, to try to prevent this, the school sanctioned like a watch party where they had bonfires after the game. So now after every win versus North Carolina, they have a tradition where they burn benches. But yet these events are often sanctioned by the schools so they can do it safely.
Speaker 2: So it's started with a bunch of juvenile delinquents.
Speaker 4: And vandals vandalism. After I lost to Louisville and the title game in nineteen eighty six turns into a tradition where they burn benches after they beat North.
Speaker 2: Do you think that about that one, Shannon.
Speaker 3: I think that we do it better. Nobody burns benches. We like couches.
Speaker 5: And everybody they do. They just couldn't take it.
Speaker 2: After get it.
Speaker 4: Let's go to the alumni. As you guys talked about alnai from some of these schools. I mean, they have astronauts, politicians, billionaires. It's hard to know where to start, but here's a couple names. Richard Nixon, the former president, the Duke Duke alumni. Apple CEO Tim Cook went to Duke. NBA commissioner Adam Silver went to the Duke University. Kyrie Irving and Grant Hill being a couple of the basketball names. Here's a couple more. Matt Jones, he may have heard of him as an alum of Duke University, and Ran Paul actually went to Duke that as well. He completed his residency at Duke before moving to Bowling Green where he was a licensed physician.
Speaker 5: Really, we went to Duke with Matt to see his law school, and they have all the pictures of past classes. And we actually saw Richard Nixon, young Richard Nixon's face. He pointed that out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we saw Matt's photo and he was the tallest one in the photo.
Speaker 4: That's what I was going to ask. Was there pictures of mats Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, and he graduated I think second in in his class at Duke los Yes, I know, that's pretty impressive.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 4: Number four, Let's go to their nickname, the Blue Devils. Back in nineteen twenty one, Trinity College students newspaper held a contest to find a catchy name that would be instantly recognizable. Here were the nominations, right, the Blue Titans, the Blue Eagles, the Polar Bears, the Royal Blazes, the Blue Warriors, and the Duke Blue Devils. Well, they didn't pick any of those names. They played without a nickname for two years, and then in nineteen twenty three, the student newspaper just started casually using Blue Devils. It was not met with any opposition, and then eventually adopted adopted it.
Speaker 2: I like the Blue Polar Bears. I would have voted for that one. I like the Polar Bears too. I think that would have been a Counties, the Polar Bears. That's right, that's right, we get from free T shirts from there. Yes we did, Yes we did.
Speaker 4: And finally, my final fact, because it is a fact. Duke sucks.
Speaker 5: Like that, that's the best fact of the day. Are sports well done?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: Proud of a pause from ksprppraatiate everybody? If I can throw in one extra bonus fact, Yes, Duke scientists are credited with making a working invisibility cloak. If you've ever watched Harry Potter back in the mid twenty tens, I think it was they created a real invisibility cloak that could cover centimeter I guess big objects.
Speaker 2: And it works, and it works.
Speaker 4: I guess the light shines through it instead of around it.
Speaker 2: How does that happen? How does that work?
Speaker 5: I don't know, but it seems like one more thing we don't need to invent.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, the Harry Potter experts.
Speaker 2: So that's true, very very true.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's just another fun fact.
Speaker 2: But there you go.
Speaker 5: There's the Duke universe.
Speaker 2: Good job, Billy. So you're off the Louisville doing the Terry Miners show.
Speaker 4: Got terry Miners to do today? From three to six we'll tell them.
Speaker 2: We all say hello, I will Terry Miners absolutely radio legend out of Louisville. He's the best, he is the best. All right, good job, good job, all right? Eight five nine two A two two eight seven. Mario will be able with his Florida fun facts in the next segment, so get testay tuned for that. But we got the little time if we take a break, so we won't take a phone call Shannon.
Speaker 7: Let's go to Brian and Franklin.
Speaker 2: Brian and Franklin, go ahead.
Speaker 9: Brian and gentlemen also have another fact to piggyback in on Shannon's facts that he has from Auburn. Uh, Clark's wife, Nancy was a former Miss Kentucky as well, just to kind of piggyback in on that.
Speaker 2: Who's Who's Clark Clarklee the trainer? Oh okay, gotcha, Clark Lee.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Auburn one of your fact Franklin.
Speaker 7: I don't think his name was Clark Lee.
Speaker 5: Clark Lee is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, that wasn't not not Clarklee.
Speaker 9: Sorry, yes, Clark's Clark Peers Clark Pearson.
Speaker 3: Okay, it was something Pierson, I don't know Clark Lee and looked at me like I'm an idiot.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Yeah, that was all right, trying fact.
Speaker 9: All right, So next fact is that you know that the University of Tennessee still has not ever made a final four in men's basketball.
Speaker 2: I have heard that.
Speaker 5: That is awesome, right, it's pretty awesome.
Speaker 9: Well, I'm just gonna ask, can I take a stab at a parody?
Speaker 5: I know what Matt would say, but he's gone, but I like, yeah, go for it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Okay, so you're on fire. There's no final fours on Rocky Top. It's just not meant to be. They're oh for the final four on Rocky Top. None in his story? Okay you always huh, yes, good.
Speaker 2: Thank you appreciate that he did great right up there with Kentucky Joe. I believe that is our whiskey thief, not call to day.
Speaker 3: And now you know why Matt doesn't allow callers to do this because I like to Yeah.
Speaker 2: I kind of wish Matt was here because his Red lost their third straight one to nothing game last night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all let's talk about torpedo bats and Elie de la Cruz is one for twelve.
Speaker 7: In the last three games.
Speaker 2: His one hit was like a monster shot home run. I think though. Yeah, they lost three straight, one to nothing, and he can't say anything about your braves because his Reds cannot score a run.
Speaker 5: It's the season's over for both teams. What's what's another summer sport that we can move on to golf? We got masters in on guard. Julia and I will be doing master's talk next.
Speaker 2: Week about this. Women's gymnastics it's right, don't forget UK team advanced to the regionals. Now. We had a big gymnastics watch party here yesterday. Casar had it on the big screen. They were at Penn State. They advanced to the regionals. I don't know when it is, probably this coming weekend, but congratulations to them.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, I'm looking up when the region is. It is tomorrow at five o'clock. You can watch it on watch ESPN or we'll have it back on.
Speaker 2: Here before we go to break. We do want to say one really sad note. Something tragic has happened in Frankfurt this morning. An eight year old boy was walking to the school bus, got swept away in some flood. He didn't make it, so we're getting words on it now. It's just awful and that's the dangers of what mother nature can do. And it just hit us kind in the stomach, didn't Drew.
Speaker 5: Unbelievably tragic story. All the news outlets are starting to put it out now. We're just kind of see it on the fly. But my goodness, that's about as sad as something can get.
Speaker 2: So we'll say a prayer for that little boys family over there in Frankfurt. All right, Ryan, Drew and Shannon and Billy Mario's coming up here in Kentucky's.
Speaker 1: Ports Radio, TJ Smith, personal injury attorney called TJ.
Speaker 7: He'll make them.
Speaker 3: Pay now more of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 7: Here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back. Matt is still in Amsterdam. Won't be back till Monday, April twenty first. Next week is Drew Palooza Week here at KS. Are you ready, Drew?
Speaker 5: Ah, I'm born ready.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: Just big time players make big time plays and big time games. I still don't understand why you're all leaving me at once, but if I need to keep this ship above water, I'll just do what I gotta do.
Speaker 2: There was one topic I was gonna use today. I said, no, I can't use it. That's something you're probably gonna next week about aliens.
Speaker 5: No, we talk aliens. Save it for you next week talk about you know, I got pyramids and all kinds of conspiracy theories I can get into if you want.
Speaker 2: Uh, mister Mario is getting ready to join us, but he has a sponsor also. This is your sponsorship, Dockton Mortgage.
Speaker 5: Have you heard of him?
Speaker 8: Yeah, tell me about him.
Speaker 2: Listen, Mario, are your home ownership goals this spring about building your dream home? Okay, well listen up. Stocktor Mortgage has your back with our construction loans. You could be celebrating next summer in your custom bill or modular home. Its iss Dockton dot com to get started to make your dream of reality by this time next year. Doctor Mortgage, n MLS A two five nine Equalhaldey Lender n MOLS, Consumer Access dot Org, Ladies and gentleman. Without further ado, he is the most popular member of our KSR crew with not even close. Not the young stud that we call mister Mario. Super Mario. Uh, you kind of pulled a sneaker on Billy yesterday and traded Duke for Florida.
Speaker 5: Well he did good.
Speaker 2: So Billy did do good with Billy's best.
Speaker 8: He gave Duke sucks Duke, definitely.
Speaker 2: That was probably the best fact that he gave. So, so you have the Florida Gators.
Speaker 8: I have the floor.
Speaker 2: You graduated from Florida.
Speaker 11: I did no no high school, high school in Florida.
Speaker 5: Definitely that there's a cat. I'm a cat, me and you're the only two cats on this show. I think that's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you are so, mister Mario. You have the floor. I have the floor.
Speaker 12: I probably won't do good as Drew and uh Billy, I didn't get to hear Shannon, so I won't do better than mine.
Speaker 7: But go ahead.
Speaker 11: You didn't do a team. I'm the I'm the professor. I give the grade at the end of the session.
Speaker 12: So you're gonna give everybody a great ass. Okay, all right, cool, all right, here he goes. Here are my Florida facts. Uh, first, but not least, this is about the basketball team.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Two starters on the Florida basketball team in high school. They were unranked. Can you guess who it was?
Speaker 2: Probably Walter Clayton Junior.
Speaker 8: Walter Clayton Junior is one and the other one is he it.
Speaker 2: To iona big time. Start the other one be uh and wrong.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go.
Speaker 8: Close both of you and shed and close.
Speaker 2: Name starts with the A.
Speaker 8: Last name Mark Elia. Yes he was underaded.
Speaker 2: Oh he's good.
Speaker 12: Moving on to my next fact. I know you guys like Gatorade. Gatorade was created at the University of Florida, And this is another question for you guys. Can you guess what was their first flavor? Nope, it was orange lemon lime. No, this is something that you guys like Drew drinks it a lot in the morning.
Speaker 2: Bourbon to that coffee.
Speaker 8: It is coffee. That was their first flavor.
Speaker 2: Coffee flavored Gatorade.
Speaker 5: I wondered where you're going. How do you know what I drink in the morning. You always have a coffee road trips man. What's your favorite Gatorade flavor?
Speaker 2: Marning?
Speaker 12: I like the orange Orange is good, and then the green apple. I don't know if you guys ever had the green apple. It's a little sweet, but that's probably my favorite one. Are you too young to remember when it was a glass bottle? I've seen commercials with the glass bottle. Michael Jorge dog I didn't.
Speaker 8: Get to see the person.
Speaker 12: All right, moving on, we got a let's see, UF has the largest student rand newspaper in the United States. It's called the Alligator. I know Kentucky has I believe the Kentucky Colonel. Right, they have the Alligator and it's the largest student rand newspaper in the United States.
Speaker 8: Yes, it is. Has that.
Speaker 12: Next fact is UF also has an entire home full of bats. So they have this room where students would just go in, you walk in, and then they would just watch bats fly all night. I thought that was pretty cool, so I added that.
Speaker 2: And that's pretty creepy, is what that is?
Speaker 12: Yeah, pretty creepy. But I'd be interested to just, you know, after class. Imagine being a student after class and you just go there and you go look at some bats flying around in the room.
Speaker 8: Kind of weird room or in a house.
Speaker 12: It's in like a room like a building. I would say, I don't know how how to really explain.
Speaker 2: Did they let it happen? Why do they keep it?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 12: It's the home of the Florida Back Conservatory or something like that.
Speaker 8: I guess they Yeah, I guess something like that. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Best.
Speaker 8: Let's move on to some alumni.
Speaker 12: All right, Aaron Andrews, proud alumni of the University of Florida.
Speaker 2: She was a pom Pom girl or something, one of the other dance or something.
Speaker 11: Yeah, pomp pum girl, Yeah, dancer march Marco Rubio, Yeah, guest, yes, really, yes, he was on the show once they know that Chris collins Worth. You guys know who that is.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, of course slides in now. He lives up in northern Kentucky though, Yeah, another Kentucky, Kentucky. Yeah.
Speaker 12: And then I got somebody to help me out to do some extra homework for me. Hunter, shout out the Hunter. He he got me some points.
Speaker 2: Hey. Uh.
Speaker 12: Jesse Palmer, the host of Bachelor of the Bachelor Show, he was alumni of Universe.
Speaker 8: See of Florida.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was a quarterback.
Speaker 12: You got Paul Tibbetts, who was the captain of the plane who dropped the Hiroshima bombs.
Speaker 8: So he was the actually captain of that plane that had the bomb.
Speaker 12: Okay, and he's he went to the University of Florida. He's an alumni. And this is my favorite because I'm a big Wendy's fan. Yeah, Wendy the actual you know the backstory of Wendy of how her her dad took the photo of her daughter.
Speaker 8: That's Wendy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know that backstory. It's his adopted daughter.
Speaker 8: He adopted adopted daughter. She went to the University of Florida. She's an alumni, is she?
Speaker 2: Yep? Yep?
Speaker 8: That's all I got. Those are my Florida facts.
Speaker 2: Good job, good job, Mario.
Speaker 5: Chris Collinsworth connections. He was at a UK game this year in Roferino, sitting with Eli Cappeluto. So he's I guess we can call him a distant cat the supporting big blue Chris collins.
Speaker 2: Were I was gonna say, was it is it Condon who's from Perth, Australia. That's right, That's where Max is from. They're from the same area there. He went to the UF places for u F right now. Yeah, one of the brothers big guys. Uh, the one dude that you guys made fun of me forward in the year hand glogged in, hand luggedon' huh. He's playing now? Remember he when I said he was got to look out for him, andybody said he hasn't played all season. He's hurt.
Speaker 5: But you were you were so far in front of the.
Speaker 2: News you can see the future.
Speaker 5: So good job, Mario, Mario, well done.
Speaker 8: Will and give us the grades, man, I want to I want to hear the grades.
Speaker 2: I I seriously, and I'm not just saying I give all four of you in a plus. You much better than I thought it was gonna be. I thought it was gonna be. You guys are coming well. Florida beat Kentucky last year, and we beat him this year. Some fact like that. You guys came with some good stuff.
Speaker 8: We did our homework and.
Speaker 5: I don't think anyone had to craym right, Shannon, we all had it done last night before bed. Nobody was googling during the show.
Speaker 7: I already knew all my facts.
Speaker 2: Also, listen, not only are Shannon and I on vacation next week, you're Mario or also on vacation next week, and you're gonna go down and see your your family, see your dad, your dad, your dad on the disabled list right now.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he's not doing so well, but uh, prayers for him, hopefully he gets better. But yeah, I may go down there and check check it out and visit, visit some family, brothers back in town. So so that's just should be a lot of fun. But yeah, it should be cool. I'm looking forward to see what Drew Drew Palos is gonna be all about. We're gonna do some videos to promo it after the show, so it should be a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Well, be safe. Tell your family hello, and we're all praying for your dad.
Speaker 8: Thank you, man.
Speaker 5: Good to see your family after being stuck with us for so many weeks. All right, your brother is gonna be home too.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it should be fun, man, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Well, you've earned the time off. He has earned it, no doubt. Hey five nine two eight seven. That's our phone number, Shane. Let's get a call for we go to a break. Who we got Mark?
Speaker 5: Mark?
Speaker 13: Go ahead, Mark, Hey, just minor correction on your uh trivia uh. At Alburn the the Auburn fans pronounced the name of their football stadium Jordan Hare, not Jordan's.
Speaker 2: I've always heard Jordan Hare.
Speaker 13: Yeah it's Jordan's, Okay, just a few minutes ago, so it's lay pronounces its spell j war, but it's actually pronounced.
Speaker 2: I appreciate the phone call. That was appreciated for. I've always heard Tom Leach. I think say, Jordan Hare, it's Jordan Hare. Let's get another the phone call. We got one better.
Speaker 7: Now let's second break because our lines are open right now.
Speaker 2: They're okay, Well, I got one more segments. So do you want to call get on a bordrobe pass, Well, we'll hook you up. I do want to say there are still some spots available for the KSR Golf Scramble on May thirtieth here in Lexington. The election in golf scramble always sails out. It's so popular they're not going to play it on two courses out there at the University Club one. One side is already full. They're trying to fill up the second side. So if you want to play, you've tried to play in years past, couldn't get a spot, There are spots available right now. So go to w a P dot com.
Speaker 5: And it's on KSR posted yesterday. If you read Kentucky Sports Radio dot com, you front it there. I don't want to scare anyone away, but do you know who the defending champion that scramble is at that course?
Speaker 2: It wouldn't be the team of Drew Franklin.
Speaker 5: It is we accidentally one I didn't even think we had that good of a score and we turn it in and started looking at the scoreboards like, wait a minute, I think we're gonna win this. So that was I think it was the same day that you went to jail.
Speaker 2: Oh last time we got at the university club. I think you're right.
Speaker 14: I won.
Speaker 2: You won.
Speaker 5: My team with my dad and brother in law and friend Corey. We won because there's two courses. We won the I think we were on Wildcat, which is a little more difficult one. It was like fourteen or fifteen hunder, which in a scramble that's pretty low. That's usually like seventh place. But it shows how tough it was today. So I don't want to scare you by it away. I'm just saying, come get some, come get some of this challenge.
Speaker 2: Well, if you got c to the j on your team, that scores not legitimate.
Speaker 5: Then and then after I got my trophy, I went and watched you miss five putts and get hold off of the police.
Speaker 2: Coppreciate you bringing it up. All right, We'll take our final break, come back our final segment eight five nine, two, eight, two to eight seven, Ryan Drew and Shannon. This is take a sports radio vacation begins in fifteen minutes For Shannon T dude in myself.
Speaker 7: That's right.
Speaker 2: I got my uh Florida UK shirt on one of our listeners brought here to the KS Bar about a month ago at the.
Speaker 5: I really like that shirt. That's we did a picture. That's it's nice. I think that's my favorite shirt you own.
Speaker 2: I'll let you borrow it if you want to.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's all you just say no, I've I've got like.
Speaker 2: A handful of these I've packed for the trip. One's got lemons all over it. Okay, one's got the uh Huntsville trash pandas all over it.
Speaker 5: What are you and Shannon most excited to do other than just do nothing on the rubbing oil on each other back, like any events or any restaurants or anything in particular you're gonna be doing, or just soaking in the sun and rubbing oil on each other.
Speaker 2: I like to turn it all over to Shannon. He is our tour director because he, you know, lives down there most of the time, and we kind of he picks out some good recross suggestions.
Speaker 3: I don't like to dictate anything. There's some people like to dictate, like where we go.
Speaker 7: No, I'm not gonna. I will say, like, here's a place we could go. What do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he does, he does that, He'll he'll risk, you know, recommend a couple places. Way you feel like like seafood Tony. Do you want to try something different tonight?
Speaker 5: So you're going to Dusty used to get oysters?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, We're definitely get some oysters taking us there.
Speaker 5: A couple dozen for me.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking maybe Sharkies with the open air bar the beach right behind us for the final four.
Speaker 2: That's perfect right now.
Speaker 5: I'm just getting regret. Ask red Ash Pineapple.
Speaker 2: I like going to pineapp willis wild, thirsty, but the food is good and the location is good. I hate you all, but Shannon to the Sun will be really, really bright when we're down there. What can we do about that?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm going to be wearing our sponsor every day that you look at me for the next seven days because it's sponsored by Shady Rays. Stop overpaying for sunglasses and check out Shady Rays. They're an independent American owned company that started right here in Kentucky and they have premium polarized shades for every activity running, fishing, biking, golfing, you name it. From their tangle free aviators that won't get stuck in your hair to their color Rush lenses that provide the ultimate color enhanced visibility. Every member of the family can find their perfect pair and Shady Rays they offer the best protection program in the industry with lost and broken replacements, so you can take on your next adventure with the team and they've got your back. So go to Shady Rays dot com over three three hundred thousand five star reviews. You can try the entire collection in person at their Lexington or Level location plus shop excl lusive colorways only available in store, like their blue and white collection, perfect for game days.
Speaker 7: Shady raised dot com.
Speaker 2: Got some fun facts about Chris Collinsworth. Oh oh, really.
Speaker 5: Didn't see you go in that direction.
Speaker 2: His dad was from mcgoffin County and played football at Kentucky.
Speaker 5: I knew that part. I doesn't know about Macgoffin. I knew his dad had Kentucky connections.
Speaker 2: Chris Collinsworth married his wife, former UK cheerleader, all.
Speaker 5: Kind of Kentucky connections.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we can't adopt him. That's why he was there at Repparena watching Amy the Fan, Welcome to a BBN. All right, we got a couple of calls on. We haven't taken a lot of calls today, Sorry about that, but we had some special things we wanted to do. So Shannon, who we got Blake? Blake, go ahead, Blake.
Speaker 15: Hey guys, I've got a question for Ryan and for Drew. I want Drew to give us like the best case scenario of a starting five for transfer portal, everything, like what we hope is best. And I want Ryan to give us christ of ball prediction of what he thinks the starting five will be next year. I know that we don't know, but just put it out in the eather and see what we get, and I'll hang up a list.
Speaker 2: That I appreciate. Drew, you go first, Well, who we got back?
Speaker 5: We gotta have a way in there, so I'm gonna slow. I'm gonna put him at the three. I mean, I'm just completely guessing on this because there's so many names up there. I'll put uh uh Pierre from Jacksonville State at the two. I kind of like the the new Princeton guard that just popped up this morning. I'll make him our one. Yaxell, we gotta get Yaxell. We might have to overpay for Yaxel and Brandon Garrison. I don't know if Yaxell and Garrison works. Maybe it does. I'll say Garrison at the fIF I'm almost the same. And no one write that down and say this is Drew's prediction because that was completely off the cuff and not knowing as much of the portal as I should.
Speaker 2: So I was gonna go Otega and Garrison starters returners. I'm gonna throw Yaxell in there.
Speaker 5: Gotta get I want Yaxel, He's the star. Gotta go get a stud.
Speaker 2: Whether if if Auburt leads for him or Alabama leads for him, I think it's he's still in a good position with him and the other two I think will be guys we haven't even talked about yet. I think they're at some point guard we don't know yet, and they're there. Fist Start will be somebody we haven't talked about yet.
Speaker 5: I mentioned his name, but Jayleen Lowe from Pittsburgh is another one there and on that could be the point guard.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: It didn't really get into him, but he was on a crappy Pittsburgh team, but put up great numbers and was all all acc maybe third team, he's another one in the mix.
Speaker 2: Was there another question the guy had Nope? I think I was all all right, Shan, let's get another caller.
Speaker 7: Who we got Darren?
Speaker 5: Darren? Go ahead, Darren.
Speaker 16: Good morning guys.
Speaker 2: Hello Darren.
Speaker 13: Can you hear me?
Speaker 2: We hear you?
Speaker 8: Yes, sir?
Speaker 16: All right, mine, I guess this is kind of a continuation of the last I've got a question and a comment. First. My question is kind of follow up. How many of these guys do you think, uh that on the roster we have right now will come back? I mean, what's the percentage of all of them coming back? And I'll hang up after this comment. I hope he was and wins at all, but it won't hurt my feelings if Auburn or Forward to win. I just don't want not to win.
Speaker 2: Appreciate. I think a lot of SEC fans, fecial Kentucky fans feel the same way. Well right now, oh, Taga, Garrison and the three freshman Chandler Perry. No, for all, we believe they're all the five coming back?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I think you got nine guys already if they were to go out and get Yackxcell and like three other big men. Maybe Garrison's like, WHOA, what's going on here? But I still expect him be saving the way in the freshman. Then you got a Cam Williams already on boards. That makes none one more quick quick collar Shandon.
Speaker 7: Who we got Let's go to Brian.
Speaker 5: Brian, real quick? What do you got Brian?
Speaker 14: Yeah? Just real quick? Looking forward to next week for Drew Palooza. You need to get with Kentucky braind and have some shirts done with that. Hope you guys have a great vacation. Look forward to your show each and every day. A great way to start the day. Three hours of this NonStop Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Love it.
Speaker 6: Thanks for all you guys, do appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Drew Paluza starts on Monday. You're ready for the big week. You're running. We're all gone. We were gonna run the ship by yourself.
Speaker 5: You know, I still got some planning to do. Like Mario wants to make a video with me teasing it. I don't really know what I'm gonna say, because that's you know, I'll get it figured out. But Monday I can go ahead and say there's one guest in high demand and it might surprise you, maybe not surprise you. Yeah, but Corey Price. A lot of people want to hear from Corey Price. So Billy's my co host. Billy and I will be in studio, but Corey's gonna join us for a little bit and we're gonna kind of go over it since it's National Championship Monday. Yes, we're gonna go over the eight championships with some fun facts. Well, of course, we'll preview that game, recap the final four. Then I'll just ask him a few things like how the hell do you find all these pictures of people? And just you know, everybody knows Corey from digging up dirt and going back in history with all these a those newspaper clippings. I'm gonna make him explain that. But mostly Monday will be a celebration of our eight championships and a preview of the one Monday Night. Might try to get some former champs on the phone. Cool, I'm gonna try that this weekend, but Billy and Corey will be with me on Monday, plus maybe a few special guests by phone.
Speaker 2: I like Corey Price's tweet today had Matthew Mitchell like as a mill school basketball player, and Malchi Marino looked like he was like five five years old. I don't know how he digs these things up, but he's good at it well.
Speaker 5: When I asked for who should be on, I kind of wanted to keep it in the KSR sphere. I don't want to get too lazy and just call people. I wanted to keep it us. I don't get to talk much on here, so I got a lot of things playing, but a lot of people wanted to hear from Corey, so I took him right away. Being Championship Day, I feel like he'll have a lot of fun facts and stats. Also, it's Master's week. I'm gonna try to get my good buddy Fleener on the phone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but from ten to.
Speaker 5: Twelve he's already he's already Augusta with the bag going around the course, so I think it's unlikely. He says he's gonna give it his best effort, but they don't even let you have phones there. He'd have to sneak into the locker room. So I'm gonna effort that on Monday, but I don't have high hopes just because of the timing issue. He'll probably be on Amen corner or something around the time I need to talk to him.
Speaker 2: Shannon, and I can call you from the beach in Oarspeedo.
Speaker 7: That's right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you all offered. That was very nice, but I want you all to have your vacation. You know you'll be off. You'll be three Margerita's deep by ten am, and I don't want to bug you, but I appreciate you offering.
Speaker 2: So again, the UK women hym now thinks when they play at five o'clock did you say it's.
Speaker 5: Five o'clock tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Tomorrow we'll have it here on the big screen. UK Baseball gonna try their doubleheader at three o'clock today against Do Miss. First game to three. By the way, we got a guy here with free tickets. I forgot about those tickets. If you want ticket to the game, ton I, just reach out to me after the game. I'll get them to you. Oh, I've got a big after the show. I mean I've got a big giveaway next week too.
Speaker 5: But I mean, if you will be rewarded for calling in and uh chatting with me next week or someone will not everyone.
Speaker 2: So if you want to go to the three o'clock UK baseball game. Get with me after the after the show, and I'll get I'll reach. It's got two tickets behind home plate, so they're good tickets. It's not gonna rain right now, so I can squeeze a game in, Drew. Good luck to you next week. Shin it up, loading up and headed to Panama City Beach, Redneck Riviera. Here we come, my home away from home. We'll be right back to Monday. I'll get to sports radio.