Speaker 1: Don't answer the phone. Elvis Duran, the Elvis Duran phone tappen, Daniel, this is yours.
Speaker 2: Yes, you have an email ready to go.
Speaker 1: Katie emailed and said, my sister's graduating high school this year, and she was accepted into the college of her choice. Wouldn't it be funny if she wasn't accepted? So you need to call her, tell her there was a mistake. She's not getting in. You can even call my mom and tell her that my sister's not getting in. It's going to be so funny. You're going to phone tap the whole family. Yeah, here we go. Today's phone tap. Hello, I'm looking for Darlene. Please, Yes, this is yeah, Hi Darlene. This is Melissa Landers calling from Second and Vermont. I think I spoke to you briefly before looking for your daughter.
Speaker 2: You were going to call my daughter on herself.
Speaker 1: I do have her on the cell right now. She's actually there. Are you there? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 1: I had to call your daughter because we made a mistake with her admissions, and unfortunately we have to take one student above her.
Speaker 2: Wha wha, wha, wha, wha wha whoa Wait a minute, wait, wait, wait, we have all of the acceptance letters from you. We have been accepted under the honor program, and we have our grant letter from you.
Speaker 1: We have here somebody who was on the chess team and the choir, and she did community service working with elderly people. That to me, is a lot more than snowboarding and cheerleading.
Speaker 2: Unacceptable, totally unacceptable.
Speaker 1: She doesn't have what it takes to go here.
Speaker 2: This is as nine. I'm sorry, I excuse my language, but this is absolutely as nine.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna put you on hold one second, Darlene, and I'm going to just speak to her for a second. Hello. Are you still there, Jacqueline? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 1: To me, this looks like somebody who partied a lot in school. Are you joking me?
Speaker 2: Look at my grades?
Speaker 1: Did you hang out with a lot of boys during school and you.
Speaker 2: Don't have to do anything?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I have guy friends, but that has nothing to do with anything. It just seems here that you were the type of student that cared more about going to the mall than studying. Oh my god, it's between you and I. Your mom's on hold snowboarding. You are kidding, right? I was off the pea club.
Speaker 2: Why does not come I like I've got to interject here. I'm sorry, but you did not put me on hold, and you are in no position to go making those kind of accusations. You cannot say that she has the type to go to running to the malls. That's I mean you. I'm sorry, but I don't know where you're trying to get off making these kinds of accusations about my daughter.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, I don't understand why this damn hold button doesn't work. But second of all, looking at this, looks like she's a party girl, and that's not the type of person we want at You have a.
Speaker 2: Better student who has choir? What the hell is that all about? Because a student has choir over math club? I guess that's the better of the two. So you know, those are the judgment calls that you're making.
Speaker 1: Did you do any drugs and alcohol in school?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Oh, now you see though you delayed with your answer.
Speaker 2: Oh my, okay, Jackie, we will work out a plan forget it. How can you say forget about this? Is it? No? No, no, no, no, don't even try to don't even try to act in at this juncture. Okay, please listen.
Speaker 1: How about Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Oh please, have you looked into wave? You know what, Melissa, it's it's been interesting talking to you.
Speaker 1: You like snowboarding. They have bull riding as an extracurricular activity.
Speaker 2: To please Rob, but you consider that in your regular Where do you get off with these? Off the ball? Forget it, Jackie, just hang up? Wait a second, no problem, no problem.
Speaker 1: Will Did you have to pay an admissions fee by the way, yet, of course we did.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You will not be getting that back just because of your attitude.
Speaker 2: What you're the one who is holding back my You know what, Jackie, We're not about negative energy. This is so out of our loop. Negative It's done. Do you think it's it's done? This call is done, Jackie, hang up the phone. There is no need to call back anymore. Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Okay, I just want to tell you on one other thing. Can I tell you one other thing? Oh god, do you My name is Danielle Monaro and you've just been phone tapped?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, your sister Kate and your daughter Kate, she.
Speaker 2: Would totally do something like that.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: My heart was in failure.
Speaker 1: The Elvis Duran phone tap.
Speaker 2: This phone tab was pre recorded with permission granted by all party SuDS the Elvis Duran phone tap only on Elvis Duran in the morning show