Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Prize Picks. You and I make decisions every day, but on Prize Picks, being right can get you paid. Don't miss any of the excitement this season on Prize Picks, where it's good to be right. Y'all already know I'm pumped for week two of the season. There's still nothing like September football when you still have so much hope in your team. Kansas City went all the way to Brazil to fail for them, but we got Travis Kelce touchdown at least and guess what Right now, there is a max discount offer where projection lines are at the minimum.
Speaker 2: Prize Picks is simple and easy to use.
Speaker 1: All you need to do is pick more on Travis Kelce point five receiving yards, more more more. Prize Picks are simple to play. Just pick more or less on two to six players staff projections. If you get your picks right, you could cash in. Prize Picks is also the best way to get in on the action on sports in more than forty states, including California, Texas, and Georgia. Download the app today use Coach Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup. That's cold Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup prize picks.
Speaker 3: It's good to be right.
Speaker 1: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcare. Y'all know who I am. I'm your favorite dunk. There's my partner with the cigar with the stogy guy going. He's Liberty City's own. He's Bengals Ring of Fame Arnoie. He's Matting's ratings adjuster, and he's a former All Pro and a Pro Bowl player. He's Chad o Cho Senko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button, and do us a favorite. Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We like to thank each and every one of you personally for your continued support, because if you Nightcap has become what we've become.
Speaker 2: So thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Please make sure you go check out my Kangnac shave by Laportier. If you can't find it in a city or state near you, order it online. It is the best taste in premium vsu p VSOP Kangnac on the market. If you've tried it, you know what I'm saying is to be true. If you have it, I promise you will not be disappointed. To head over to Laportier dot com to grab the custom bottle of my brother that we had to commemorate him going into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. He and I became the first brothers ever inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame, and so to celebrate this achievement, as you can see on your screen, this is what we decided to do. I'm very proud of my brother. As a matter of fact, he gets his ring tomorrow at halftime of the Packers Commander's game, so hopefully I'm gonn try to have him on, but he got an early flight in the morning. You know, my brother get real moody late at night, so I will trying to coax it. I'mlla try to get into coaching ball so he can show you guys that ring. So in order to get this, just head over. It's a limited supply to Laportierkangnak dot com to grab yours while supplies last. Please follow my media company on all of its platforms, Shay Shaped Media and My Clothing Company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. That link is pinned in the chat. We've got a new show. We just launched this two weeks ago under the Shay Shaped Media umbrella. It's called Deebo and Joe James Harrison and Joe Hayden. Please go subscribe to their YouTube page d Bo and Joe every Monday, Tuesday and Friday at eleven am Eastern Time. That's Monday, Tuesday and Friday at eleven a m. Eastern time. Oh Joe Yo. Judy gave to Baltimore Ravens some bulletin bored material head between two rivals. Judy was asked asked by reporters, what challenges do the Ravens secondary present. Judy responded, No challenges.
Speaker 2: Absolutely none.
Speaker 4: It is just a post saying what you expected me to say. Hey, I got a question for you and everybody. I know it's early, were just starting to show. Do me a favor, do a background check. Where in Jerry Judy.
Speaker 2: From uncle, oh, he from the bottom.
Speaker 4: Listen all the challenges we had. It started we was kids, We was in junior high. Our circumstances, our upbringing, we done made it to the NFL. Now, ain't no challenges. We go out there and do what we always do. We play ball. We play football and base on what we saw from the back end where the Ravens have to offer.
Speaker 5: It ain't no challenges.
Speaker 1: Thank you. You took the word right up about bible o joke. They did give up three hundred and ninety four passing yards. They gave up damn the two hundred and fifty in the fourth quarter long, So what challenges do he see?
Speaker 5: Talk to me, nice, come on that.
Speaker 1: Hey, this oxtail, this os this neck bone, this this collar, greens match and jee torn bread, sweet teeth.
Speaker 2: That's what are you looking at that second?
Speaker 5: Dary matter of fact, don't forget to dessert.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, what you want banana pudding, sweet potato pot man.
Speaker 4: Ain't nothing I'm gonna tell you, and I'm listen. I know the game of football. I'm not I'm not a genius. I can't predict the future. But I know one thing that the Cleveland Brown do very well is they stopped to run very well. They have a phenomenal front for so I don't think I don't see Derrick Henry, you know, being able to do some of the things that he's done on most teams because the personnel the Cleveland Browns are built to stop the run.
Speaker 5: Hey, Jered Judy gonna have a day?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 2: He should raved two hundred and forty four yards passing the last season that was second worse than the NFL.
Speaker 1: Come on, now, well that dead lands right now this season, so they kind of picked up where they left off. Yes, sir, Now, I heard Kyle Hamilton say, we talked about this. I heard Marlon Humphrey saying, you know, our mentality is not where it needs to be. So Jared Judy is looking like what challenges did y'all see this Sunday night? Johsh Chap First of all, quarterback had all day to throw. Second of all, he gave up two I mean they average two forty four game.
Speaker 2: They gave up two fifty to the fourth quarter.
Speaker 5: A long, nasty work.
Speaker 2: So I don't know why.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, we think the Baltimore Ravens is only one game, but their past defense leaves a lot to be desired. This notion that you cannot throw the ball on them is just not true, y'all.
Speaker 2: Might be talking about the Ravens offense.
Speaker 1: Now that was the If you to ask Miles Garrett or you to ask Denzel Ward what a problems do that offense post, they might have a different response because you gotta deal with Lamar Jackson, you gotta deal with a Dad Henry and you got Zay Flowers. Okay, that's a whole different issue. But defensively to Baltimore, that's not the two thousand Ravens. That's not Rod Woolson, that's not Ray Lewis, that's not a Sarah Goosey rest his soul. That's not Big saying Robernette Peter bowl where. That's not Mike mcquarie, that's.
Speaker 4: Not them at the fact they haven't been there for a while, their idea even on the defensive side of the ball anymore. Now they have some good players, Yes, there's that make that make really good plays at times, but the identity for the Baltimore Ravens is now shifted to the offense. Correct that running back, that quarterback, that special quarterback that they do have. Yes, Jerry Judy said exactly what he's supposed to say. What you wanted to say.
Speaker 5: Oh, yes, they pulled a challenge. No, absolutely not.
Speaker 4: He not Jerry Judy is not a quarterback. He's not going to say all the right things. He's not going to be politically correct when you ask him a pacific question about in position on his opponent the next upcoming Sunday.
Speaker 5: That's not what he does.
Speaker 1: Come on now, I mean I would like to say, oh, but y'all want me to lie to send my soul to hell from something trivilers that I will go to hell because I lied, and say, oh yeah, they pose a problem.
Speaker 2: They can get after your quarterback. Man, Josh Allen.
Speaker 1: He a call his wife for the phone, say hey, babe, you know I'm gonna be running little late, so go ahead and give me some of that General Joe Chicken, some of that MUMU got paying and.
Speaker 2: That shrimp fried rice. Get that for me.
Speaker 1: I'll be home, baby. I thought you was at the game. Ah yeah, baby, I'm just back here chilling. I mean, they ain't They ain't even close to me yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, come on.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: Look, we think the Ravens, oh Joe, we think the Ravens win. It's all said done. They're gonna be one of the teams in the FC. We believe there'll be one of the team that makes the playoffs. But you ask him a question after he just watched the team come back with almost four minutes left down by fifteen. They didn't get they didn't come back down by fifteen under four minutes to go running the foot by a running the football.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the team threw it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So hold on, hold on, hold on. How many points they scored in four minutes?
Speaker 2: They scored six?
Speaker 1: They scored they was down fifteen, So they' scored like, it's called twenty two points in the second quarter and the fourth quarter alone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's called twenty eight in the second half.
Speaker 4: Hold did they do that by running the ball or throwing the throwing it? Okay, okay, I can't.
Speaker 1: Make sure we get this right. How many yards did Josh Allen throw for in the fourth quarter? He threw for more than two hundred. Now, they gave up two forty four per game, which was second worst in the NFL. That's what we know that that is not conjectured, that's not in you in those that's not speculation.
Speaker 2: That is factual information.
Speaker 4: And then then people will argue, people will argue where they were playing the Bills they were playing the Bills. They're not playing the Bills this week. They gave up an averager two forty four point one. Last year every game they played wasn't the Bills. Exactly there we go, can't close, can't close. I wish they had a gabble real quick.
Speaker 1: Duck and and if that was the case, Kyle Hamilton wouldn't said. We talked about this all off season. We talked about that coming into the season. What are you talking about? Being able to get off the field, being able to stop the pass? That's what you talked about. Marlon Humphrey talked about the mentality.
Speaker 4: So I see people in the chat talk about something. I know you ain't talk about the raven defense when the Bengals defense.
Speaker 1: Sorry, two fifty one. We'll address that at an appropriate time.
Speaker 2: Right now. We did it with you. See.
Speaker 1: I don't go, hey, o Joe, I don't go to a cancer a convention and talk.
Speaker 2: About what about diabetes?
Speaker 1: When I go to that diabetes convention, I'll talk about diabetes right now.
Speaker 2: Yes, we had the American Cancer Society. So I'm gonna deal with the cancers.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna deal with prostate and bladder and all those other types of cancers.
Speaker 2: I'm going with chat.
Speaker 1: Y'all know how we do we be We're fair with this, even though a lot of times you don't like what Ocho and I might have to say. We try to be as fair as possible. Y'all know the Ravens defense isn't very good.
Speaker 7: You know it.
Speaker 4: But again, but again, I'm giving every team grace. I'm giving every team grace because it's week one. As the season goes on. As the season progresses, team yell a little bit. The chemistry and which they play, Yes, counity, the cohesion. It's of defenses, Yeah, will get better as well as offenses. So I listen, I'm basing everything what you're saying. Jerry Judy and his comments saying that he had no challenge is based on.
Speaker 5: What he saw last week.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 5: The provers that are putting off, So based on what the Ravens gave up defensive last year.
Speaker 2: Correct? Correct? That is correct? That is correct.
Speaker 1: So with that being said, I don't think you know, look, I get it. Everybody say, you know you be politically correct. You don't give anybody any extra motivation. So let me get this straight. If I don't say anything, they're gonna forfeit the game and give us the win.
Speaker 2: So whether I say a little or lock, we still got a damn play.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, was definitely so.
Speaker 1: Jerry Judy now he just goes out there, does what he does, and but they need to generate more pressure than what they generated on Josh Allen.
Speaker 2: Now it's different.
Speaker 1: Maybe because you're you're scared because if you you run past Josh Allen, you're don't jump out the window he got.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not worried about that.
Speaker 1: With Joe Flacco, so there's a good chance they'll probably bring more pressure on Flacco than they would with Josh Allen because you don't want to want to run the risk of Josh Allen, you know, putting on his high step high step is shoes and getting up out of it on you. So I think that's more. You know, they posed two different types of situations. It's the same way with Lamar. You know, I want to put pressure on Lamar because I don't want him halftime, but I already know if I run past.
Speaker 7: Him, he gone.
Speaker 1: And the last thing I want to have do is for five guys running down field with their back to Lamar Jackson and he got the ball tup and he's already passed a lot of scrimmage. So it's gonna be very very interesting to see how this thing plays out. Look, there's no love loss. The Ravens are the old Cleveland Browns. Yeah, and now we got the new Cleveland Browns, and there's no love lost between these two organizations. Obviously, mister Modell when he left, he took the Ravens. They became the ball. He took the Browns that became the all the more Ravens. And this is where we are right now. We got a very very special guest joining us, Harry.
Speaker 5: Pro bowler, All Pro Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Champion, A many many of your vent with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Harry is Levonte, David Levonte, how you doing, bron.
Speaker 5: You know, if I had your hands, I cut mine off.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: That's about it, Levont.
Speaker 2: That was a very That was a very tough game.
Speaker 1: You guys have you go down there and you take the lead, and now all of a sudden you get Atlanta coming back the other way. You're like, damn, we cannot give up a touchdown. We can't give up a touchdown In worst case scenario, we go into overtime, but we are not about to little this game in regulation. So when you come on the feeling a situation like that, you know the only thing that can beat you is a touchdown.
Speaker 2: What is your thought process?
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, I think the whole thing is just like I don't want to be in a like to piggyback on what you were saying. Man, we had the same situation going on in Russia. You know when we play them that Thursday night, same situation. We go up, they need a field goal and at that moment and then like at the same thing, man, we we don't want to give them a touchdown. We don't want to give them a touchdown. Adverse, we can make kick a field goal and go overtime. We like our chances. But in that moment, man, all I just trying to say, just man, stay calm. You know what I'm saying, Stay calm, and uh, somebody just got to make a play at the end of the day, you know what I'm saying, Like, we don't want to give up no chunks, you know, the typical cheap deep you know what I'm saying, They stay focus, keep everything in front of you. Somebody make you get the ball in bounce, you know, tackle them. Everybody got a rally and everybody just got to be on the same page.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 6: Like I've been in part of a lot of situations where it happened in the other and the other way around. So you know what I'm saying, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 7: I hate that feeling to being part of being part of that stuff.
Speaker 6: So you know, I feel like we got a team that kind of like understand that for the most part.
Speaker 7: So you know, uh, we liked our.
Speaker 6: Chances and we was able to do that. You know, they took a couple of shots towards the end and uh landed in our favor.
Speaker 5: Hey, how's how's the state of the team right now?
Speaker 4: One thing you always want to do as a team, you want to start fast, not only start fast, but to get it a visional win against the opponent early off, to get that to get that out the way.
Speaker 5: How's the team feeling? I know you guys probably had practice day with it being Wednesday. How's it right?
Speaker 7: The feeling everybody good? Man?
Speaker 6: You know, I feel like everybody you know, we got we had an extra day to day because we played this week so yeah, so we had to a little extra dattle.
Speaker 2: Easy day.
Speaker 7: Easy, Yeah, you had a little easy day. Both know how to work in those days for us, but uh, it was it was love to day. Man.
Speaker 6: All we did was just kind of getting ahead start on Houston. But uh, man, to ask you a question, you know it's big.
Speaker 7: It's big. You know, the chatter about you.
Speaker 6: Know, who's going to win the Vision whatever, Us or Atlanta has been in the back and forth thing. But for us to get the upper hand for the first game of the year, it was real big. You know, we know they're a tough point. You know they got weapons all across the field. But for us, you know, the mirales real good. You know, everybody's health, everybody ready to go, everybody energetic, and they feel like.
Speaker 7: We got a lot more wins left in us. Love.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about your quarterback because he's gotten better and better and better from the first year to the second year. And herr, he is laying the ball game when the rubber needs to meet the rod. And this is how we measure quarterbacks. How calm can you be under pressure? When the pressure goes up? Can your blood pressure go down? And he's answered the Bill For you, guys, what have you seen from the first moment that he arrived at one Buck Place.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you call I just said that, but I do know what you call it.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying from the very first time that he stepped foot in your building to what you see this product.
Speaker 2: Now, what is the biggest difference that you noticed in Baker Mayfield?
Speaker 6: The first thing I noticed, man, when he first came in the building, he just was like coming into a locker room that you know, obviously was already established.
Speaker 7: You know, we had some guys in the locker room before and then we was a winning team.
Speaker 6: So he was coming in basically saying, like, man, from my point of view, saying, I got some big shoes to feel, so officers, just come in and do my job and do what I'm supposed to do and let these guys to set me in.
Speaker 7: And now that's exactly what we did. Man.
Speaker 6: The first thing we did was just told man, all we need to do is just be yourself. You know what I'm saying, Just be Baker Mayfield that we know in love, the one who just go out there and have fun like a kid, make players when he make plays just do what you do everything else to take care of yourself.
Speaker 7: And you see that. Man, I love that for him.
Speaker 6: Man, he go out there, he having fun with he just playing the game that he loved, playing like a kid on the playground.
Speaker 7: Man, that's what we want.
Speaker 6: Man, you know what I'm saying, Like, we got his back and he knows that, and I think that's what gives him, you know, the confidence to go out there and make the players that he makes. And like you said, man, he's been in the game, win and drives for us, you know past you know, three years and then.
Speaker 7: Opening the season with one's real big man.
Speaker 6: His confidence is out the roof and uh, he know he got guys the guy back.
Speaker 1: Let me follow this with don't Joe, Yeah, you was on this Super Bowl team when Brady walked into the building.
Speaker 2: Brady is a.
Speaker 1: Very intense guy. You gonna get this dich right practice. It ain't no okay, no, we're good. No, we're not good. Run that issue being Brady. If the type of guy's gonna keep his foot on your neck, what do you what is the biggest difference between what you see from Tom and what you see from Baker.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 6: That you say that because I seen every Tom day in the day out like if it ain't done right now, now we're gonna get this right. You're gonna get these ten yards. You're gonna run us outright to correct.
Speaker 7: Way, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: And I wen remember like a story man Vida, you know Vda these dude us Vida in the goal line situation and Vida had to run a little.
Speaker 7: Flat ut yea, and yeah he ain't get it right.
Speaker 6: So him a tone was out there at the practice practicing on it, like like now we gotta get this right.
Speaker 7: So it's like it's crazy that you say that.
Speaker 6: But difference between those guys man, you know, Uh, Tom is a you know, hardcore guy, very passionate you know about it. You don't want everything to be Baker just yeah professionalists and Baker you know he just talking through it. He was Baker just cool, come and collected, just talking through it.
Speaker 7: You know, I want you to do it like this, I think this is right here and stuff like that.
Speaker 6: So you know that's kind of stuff that I see, you know, But I do love that both of them are.
Speaker 7: Very passionate about the game. Man.
Speaker 6: Uh, you know, Baker like his competitive nature comes out, you know in practice. You see you know, the banter back and forth and you know, practice and stuff. And then Tom the same way. I remember when Tom first came in and said, man, don't cut me no slack, just because y'all see me as Tom Brady.
Speaker 7: Man, y'all, man treat me just like the guys in the locker room.
Speaker 6: You see me messing up me And uh, that's something I respected about Tom because you know, outside looking at him like, man's ain't for to say nothing. Man, I'm lett exactly exactly exactly.
Speaker 7: But but he like he like.
Speaker 6: Nah, man, no, he said. They said, nah, man, we're all trying to get better here. If you can make a play on the ball, make a player on the ball.
Speaker 4: I think I love Baker obviously from the from from the outside watching it and the quarterback is what he was able to do at Oklahoma, and this is a testament to I think most time when it comes to quarterback, I think situational circumstance.
Speaker 5: Is very important. He was in Cleveland things in workout. He went to Carolina, he went to the Ram Thing to workout.
Speaker 4: Coming to Tampa Bay at an organization that's coming off of Super Bowl, when having time Brady and having a feeling and having the weapons around you, Mike, Mike Evans, Godwin.
Speaker 5: Now you've got to book up.
Speaker 4: You know, Irvin, And I think things are really yelling for you guys, and you guys are on the right path to probably actually having a chance not the only winning the division, but maybe end up also on the long end, in the back end, not there in San Francisco, especially if you guys on the deepensive side of the ball. What you need to do, especially showing you guys had week one, I think you find because offense, I think is gonna take care of his business.
Speaker 5: The addition it God damn man, he's special.
Speaker 7: Man. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. I always say, man, here remind me coming in as a rookie. Here, remind me.
Speaker 6: And Chris Gone, when Chris Gold came in, you know, even though Chris was in a different situationation, but like just the mental factor, the maturity, you know, just him, you know, you know, just picking vets out, asking questions and then just being far on and what usually more than what usually rookies you see from the rookies. So I just seen Mecca coming in they want working, not you know, putting his head down and working and grinding. Man, and uh, it's showing. You know, it's been it's been like that since day one, since Rookie Minnie camp. I remember seeing clips of them in Rookie Minnie camp and I'm just seeing him doing them like dang like and you know, coaches calling me like, man, we got somewhere with the meccan and I'm like, okay, I can't wait to see it.
Speaker 7: And uh soon I stepped foot out there for training camp, I'm like, this kid here, he's some great things. Yeah, he wanted them one, you know, he say down at the crib, he wanted them on. You know, you know who they are.
Speaker 2: The uh you and Vita Uh basically the two main staates.
Speaker 1: Dean is still there, but you guys are the perennial Pro Bowls and all pro players.
Speaker 2: What is it been like?
Speaker 1: Because now there once upon a time, you know, you the young buck. Now you're the ilder States one of that defense. You got to see you and be the mail got to see on y'all chips. It's y'all job. You know, Bowl's gonna call it, but it's y'all job to make sure those those nine other guys are where they're supposed to be, hold them guys accountable, make sure nobody's trying to play hebo hero ball. We are the sum of these parts. No one is greater. How have you been able to embrace you and be theveil? Been able to embridge this role?
Speaker 6: It's been, Uh, it's been you know, at the beginning, it's been challenging and just trying to see how you can, you know.
Speaker 7: Interact with different people. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Different people take different you know, constructive criticism, different ways. But you know I feel like, uh, which coach bowles Man. You know, Coach bowles Man, he give you the freedom, you know what I'm saying. He gives you the freedom. How you handle it? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: You do what you gotta do to get the guys going.
Speaker 6: And then a lot of times even in the game time situations like I tell V to age, you got the front end, I take care of the back end. You tell them what to do, and I got the back right here. Y'all control that up front. You see something, take control over it. And I see something in the back end, I take control of it. And then Bulls give us that freedom. And that's one thing that I really love about it because you know, he put on his players and then.
Speaker 2: Then y'all got Winfield Jr. In the back end.
Speaker 4: For y'all, we got wet at all three levels level exactly.
Speaker 6: And then Coach Bowls trust all us to get everything, get everybody on the same page.
Speaker 7: You get everything handled.
Speaker 6: You know, it's been like in the game the other day, you know when uh, when they scored the first down, third place, boy Bay.
Speaker 7: Say hey, y'all got y'all got y'all take care of take.
Speaker 6: You know that that stuff like that don't happen, so go ahead and take care of it. And it was like, yeah, we got your coach, and you know, so that's the stuff that you know, kind of brings confidence to us, knowing that you know, he called defense. But in the day, you know, y'all responsible for exactly exactly the screen exactly exactly. So he do stuff like that. Man, they give us all the comfortents Like you said, man via take care the front end, I take care of the middle. When the antoine tweets, take care of the back end. So we all got great report.
Speaker 4: I have one question. Obviously, I know the season already started. You guys are coming when coming up with w you play Monday night? But I have one question. I want to go back to training camp real quickly. You need a better inside uh yeah, inside that building. Is there anything that that we could have done. I'm not part of the team. I'm just saying we as it just being a player in journal. Is there anything that we could have done better to make sure brother Desmond who didn't get op playing training camp.
Speaker 5: He's not on the field now, he's not a part of the team.
Speaker 4: Is there anything that you guys could have done a little better to get him into shape? And I think he would have been a great addition defensively, especially on first and second down.
Speaker 5: Being able to stop the run and just clogging that up.
Speaker 4: I'm just thinking about, you know, having him beat the VEYA and you being able to roam freely taking up to A, taking up to the A and B gaps.
Speaker 5: Anything that could have been done, I'm not.
Speaker 7: Curious, you know me sure?
Speaker 6: Me being in linebacker, I love to play behind it boys to take up all the blockers for me.
Speaker 7: Unfortunate push. Yeah, that was the whole plan behind it too. I think you put so we can start. But uh, man, just an unfortunate situation. Man.
Speaker 6: Everybody loved in the locker room, and a lot of guys was pushing them, even though video was pushing the getting to get on the right track.
Speaker 7: But they were just unfortunate. Man.
Speaker 6: He didn't he wasn't able to meet the goal that he was.
Speaker 7: Supposed to meet.
Speaker 6: And then uh, at the end of the day, I think it was more of a medical, medical concerned type thing, a medical type thing that was going on. I don't know the full details, but you know, everybody you know loved it.
Speaker 7: The man, he was working his off to get there. I'll tell you.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you that I see him every day just grinding, grind and grind and trying to.
Speaker 7: Get out there.
Speaker 6: And uh, you know, he hopefully God gives him another chance to be able to take the opportunity. And I think he gonna see it once he do get the opportunity.
Speaker 1: I hope they told him say, look, we hey, we'll give you another chance next year, but we need you down, we need you down under four twenty and we can work with you. You're still you know, four fifty. That's a lot of people don't realize.
Speaker 2: How think about it.
Speaker 1: Vita Veil is three to fifty chat, y'all see how big Vita a is.
Speaker 2: He's one hundred pounds heavier than Beata Veil. So let that sink in.
Speaker 1: He's one hundred one hundred, one zero zero bigger than beat the veil. Right, So, and that's what I was telling you said, No, it's it's a medical issue now because the last thing you want to happen is somebody because everybody says.
Speaker 2: Y'all know that he was too big to be out there in the hot sun.
Speaker 7: And Tampa see yeah, and then.
Speaker 1: You got a lawsuit on your hands, and Tampa and the NFL don't want to deal with that. So I told him, Look, we had him on the show, and now we interviewed him and say, man, I do whatever it takes in order to make a robin, you know, let my dream, you know, live out my dream. But like you said, it just what it just wasn't in the cards now, not to say maybe a year from now he gets a whole he gets a whole year. Hey, I'm going down to the Duke clinic. I'mna go down and saying, man, what y'all got for me. Man, I'm gonna going down. Hey, I gotta get this up off me because I don't care if I don't play, But one snap, I want my mom my, grandma, want my family to see me in an NFL uniform in an NFL game one time. That that might be all that in the cars. Everybody ain't gonna have a ten, fifteen, twenty year career. Sometimes it might be a game, Sometimes it might be six games, sometimes it might be a year. But my mom my family is gonna see me with an NFL uniform in a real NFL game. Like Luther used to say, if it's only for one night, if it's only for one.
Speaker 6: Game, yeah, I agree with you whole Hartley man, And he's from around the way. He went to I believe he went to Arwood. Yeah, so he was from around the area. So you know, he years to have a friends and family come to the president and stuff like that.
Speaker 7: So I just saw it in him too, man, Like he was real, Like.
Speaker 6: You could tell he was hurt, hurt by you know what I'm saying, because you know, on back home playing for you know, probably the childhood team that he grew up rooming for and just to be able to you know, be you know in the NFL locker room, man, and just make a dream come true. Man. I'm sure eventually it happened for him, man, But like you said, man, just wasn't the right time to him, right.
Speaker 1: And that's the thing, because think about it, if somebody like we were so poor we grow up. We used to go to the fast food restaurant to watch other people eat.
Speaker 2: We couldn't. We just we just about that.
Speaker 1: We just watch other people as him he okay, he's undrafted, but here he is. He got a uniform on and everything, but he can't practice, he can't participate. You remember what we used to go and you ain't going outside. You ain't doing what you're supposed to. If you watch the kids, you watch the kid through the window play, or you one at school and you watching all the other kids play, and you just look it.
Speaker 6: At just like that, trying to make you mak your parents, make your parents steel bad.
Speaker 2: Can I can I go out that? Boy? Don't you ask me? Can you go out there? No more?
Speaker 4: Get back, get back on track. Obviously, Monday night against Houston Texans. I'm sure if you watch Field or not, but if you have, Yeah, what challenges do you see from CBS offense that you guys have to be worried about?
Speaker 6: Oh, man, CJ getting the ball out quick? Man, he uh getting the ball out quick, getting into his playmakers they use in.
Speaker 7: Dawn shows a lot.
Speaker 6: Nico obviously playmaker man, somebody who you gotta watch out for. I remember a couple of years ago, Man, we played CJ his rookie, and he lit us up, you know what I'm saying, So we already know what he's capable of. And then they got Nick Chubb and backfield, you know what I'm saying, improven vet you know, a hard runner you know, could hurt you any any way, you know what I'm saying. So for us, man, it's just all about discipline. When you're playing guys like this. Football teams like this, Uh, they they they run stuff the you know, to try to get you out of position to make you hurt yourself. So you just got to be able to stay disciplined and stay on track for four quarters. And uh, you know you tell it as the defense man. These type of games you want to play, you know it is be you just gotta be able to stop it.
Speaker 1: Bante you played against. You know, look, you've been in the league. Damn there decade. Now, how long have you been in the league. What is your tenth year?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 7: This is fourteen?
Speaker 2: Yo, hold on, like, holdo on. You moving like this and you're fourteen.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's fourteenth for me.
Speaker 1: God been blessing me. Man, bro I thought it. I thought it was ten. I was like, oh man, he moveing like that. But it just goes to show you. And you played against a lot of different backs. Who's some of the toughest backs. Who's some of the you know, the tight ends, because really you're known as a coverage linebacker, which aren't very many of those. Most guys you either rush the plaster or you stop to run. You know, you're really known as a coverage linebacker. Yes, you're a sure tackler, but you're known as a coverage linebacker. Who's some of the better tight ends that you faced. Obviously you did announce standing job dealing with Kelson the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: But the running backs that you had.
Speaker 6: To face, Yeah, running backs, man, come to I remember Roshawn was tough, tough to go against. And then uh in my division, Man, I had Darren spros couple of years.
Speaker 7: That was that I was a headache oh man.
Speaker 6: Uh And then you know obviously coming along, you know I had go against Christian McCaffrey and A k Yeah, those two, those two dudes a headaches, man. And when I first came in to German, I was always to play against Reggie Bush, you know. And I got a chance to play with the player against of my second year old he was in Detroit.
Speaker 7: That was cool. Frank Franky g was ahead. Uh man.
Speaker 6: A lot of guys like when you when you when when you're going against these dudes, you kind of like you give them their respect, and then when you're playing them, you know, like okay, I respect.
Speaker 7: You, but you know it is what it is about to play.
Speaker 6: But like it's like I understand, you understand why you respect these dudes.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like, see if I was a defensive player and I played against a great run.
Speaker 2: I'm tackling.
Speaker 6: Like a large like a lot of people used to always say about Frank, like he wasn't that big, but he ran behind, you know what I'm saying. Like that was like that was something I had to kind of like get accustomed to and stuff like that. I had to get up on him a little bit. But Marshawn was a tough to go against. Marshawn was a guy who like when you hit him and you like you think you got a good hit on him, and you talking trash to him, like oh yeah, come on, like he get it more like dangn Like I'm thinking I'm supposed to be you know, like break you down a little bit.
Speaker 2: But nah, he wan't.
Speaker 7: He want more?
Speaker 2: You play? Can't hear me yet? I played?
Speaker 7: Can't hear you play? Can't hear you? Man?
Speaker 6: Can't hear He is a different animal, you know what I'm saying. He's a dude who, like you don't know what to expect. Man, you don't know what to expect because like he's a big dude and you want him to kind of like drop it on you, but you prepare for that. But then he got these little swift little moves and stuff on and stuff like that.
Speaker 7: Got good feet, good feet for a big guy.
Speaker 6: Uh, David Montgomery or somebody who I got a lot of respect for Detroit who's a big guy but got wonderful feet.
Speaker 7: Who else out there, man, I'll see you gives these.
Speaker 6: Young dudes they're taking over the.
Speaker 1: Hen forget people because nobody wants to square him up. So everybody wants to get your side. And so now he munched you in your face and on your head to the ground because I really ain't trying to look bro, you got it six three two fifty.
Speaker 6: You go okay and move and move and moving the way moving to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not trying to get no cussion.
Speaker 4: The best thing you can do with twenty two man, you gotta catch him going east and west because you get you catch you catch.
Speaker 7: Him going nor well.
Speaker 1: The problems that they have made, they don't figured it out. He's really not an offset I back. He's an old school I back with a full back. Or you put a tight end in the spot, you toss it to it and say, hey, you pick your whole. You can't whatever you want to pick it now. You let him because you know, like Jamir Gibb, you can put him in the offset. You can put him in the off seat and run his own read with him. That's not what Derrick Henry is. Dereck Henry is an old school seventies eighties I back. You talk it to him, you handed to him, it's his son. Find your whole. Let men, let we will get you out of here on this without fourteen years? How much lunger do you want to play? And then when you go up in there and you see Leroy Selman, you see Derek Brooks, you see Warren Sapp, you see war do you see some of the greats up in their number that's in that stadium, and you think, like, damn, one day that that's gonna be your boy, Your boy gonna be up in there.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Man, It's incredible man, just because like this year is the fiftieth season of the Old Yeah, a lot of guys. Yeah, so we honoring a lot of guys that played through the organization.
Speaker 7: And then like when you break it down and.
Speaker 6: They show all the people, you just be like like Dann, he like this guy this, and like for me, you know, I take it all land because I'm basically following these guys footsteps. I know what these guys been through. And see these guys come back and then you know, like come through and show.
Speaker 7: Love like that.
Speaker 6: Stuff like that is pretty cool man, especially dB dB always coming back right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got you a great guy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah man, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, shoot, when I first got hit at the first person, they say, hey, you gotta know they gotta live up to fifty five legacy. I'm like, But the thing about like every thinking I like about dB man the first time. Once soon as I got drafted, as soon as I got the tamp of man, he hit me up, Hey, let's go have lunch.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying. I wasn't expecting that, you know what I'm saying. So when when we.
Speaker 6: Had our little lunch, he told me, man, I know a lot of people kind of like expecting you to do this and that. But man, I'm gonna tell you like this, man, just be yourself. Bro be yourself and let everything else take care of itself. You know who you are as a football player. And once you once you be yourself everything and take care of himself. And then he made me pay team are you gonna play?
Speaker 1: Look, because there is no senior circuit for the NFL, because once this thing over and you're never gonna be able to find what you left in that locker room, the practices, the locker room, the plane rid, the bus ride. How much longer? How much how much long would you got? How much longer do you want to play?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 6: Yeah, to be honest with you, man, I thought I was done two years ago.
Speaker 7: You know, when we played a Detroit divisional game.
Speaker 6: You know, that was a long season, you know, and I ain't never felt like that for a season in my whole entire career. You know, I was hurting, you know, body tie exhausted. And then you know, out of nowhere, you know, I got an extribution energy. So I ended up coming back for year thirteen. And then you know, this past year, I was dealing with at little something, uh, you know, injury wise, and I tried to see how it felt, and then so behold, you know, good Lord blessed me started feeling good, and I was like, okay, I'll give it another try. So you know, right now, man, I'm just taking it in a moment, bro, I'm taking in the moment.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 6: You know, I love the gameootball. I'm not just I just don't play the game like. I actually genuinely love the game. I'm a fan of football, so like just to be around of it, being around it, you know, the relationship that I can deal with it. You know, I'm just trying to do that to the best of my ability. But you know, I'm gonna just see how this year go and uh and go from there. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: It's been real, you know, definitely uh enjoyable ride. Man.
Speaker 6: But like my coach, coach Foot always say, man, hey, your retirement life longer than your football.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know that contract is stench and all of a sudden, you know, I.
Speaker 7: Don't much exactly much better.
Speaker 5: The fact that you're talking about longevity.
Speaker 4: If you got, if you got at this point, if you're feeling good right now, get hold on. I can I can extend your career another five. I can get you to twenty. I can get to the twenty. I have nutritional program I can.
Speaker 7: Put we're going down.
Speaker 5: Week week the week, week the week. I could extend your career another five years.
Speaker 4: Make sure there's no injuries, and you know, get twenty and just give me the credit.
Speaker 5: Twenty dollars a week. That ain't nothing, you know, and and I got you Just let me know.
Speaker 7: Oh Joe, ain't I ain't twenty one, twenty two no more. Man, that stuff's not thank you.
Speaker 5: It's not gonna say I gotta I got a healthy battle a healthy. Medium of two things.
Speaker 4: I don't I listen, listen, I do it in three cycles and cycles the end of the season, the season, and then the back end of the season.
Speaker 5: And man, before you know you look up, you're being your twenty.
Speaker 2: One he doing three cycles. Break was lunch and dinner.
Speaker 5: Hey y'all play, y'all play Monday in Tampa.
Speaker 2: And man, both games on the road.
Speaker 6: A yeah, both on the road, man, too tough opponents game. Uh the week after that we played Jets.
Speaker 2: We did it.
Speaker 5: Man, that's if we get a ticket. I drive through from Miami. I just need one.
Speaker 7: You know, I got you for.
Speaker 1: Man, Lev thanks for stopping by. Begivenings a few moments of your time. Continue success, rest the luck, stay healthy, and guys, when you guys go where you think you're gonna go, stop back by and tell us how you did it.
Speaker 7: Yes, sir, appreciate you guys.
Speaker 2: Man, God bless you.
Speaker 7: Thanks sir.
Speaker 1: Lavonte David the outstanding All Pro linebacker from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Damn time flying. I had no idea, my man, I don't know a fourteen hell no, hell I thought it was what I thought it was. I thought it was a decade.
Speaker 5: You know how long fourteen is as a life backer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as a linebacker. I mean, you know what, guys, you know what, Ojo. I think the thing is because guys are not hitting like they did. What you know, Ray played seventeen, say, I'll played twenty. Clay Matthews played like eighteen nineteen. But I think I think now oo, because guys are not hitting in practice.
Speaker 5: Like we used to do outside of the games.
Speaker 1: Right, they're taking care of the guys in training camp. He probably you know, I'm saying the training camp.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: The old guys used to have the afternoons off, so you know, you played, you know, your put screamy practice in the morning, and then you took the afternoon off. You got your little cardio in and things like that. So guys are doing a better job of preserving themselves. And now they got they got cryo, they got laser therapy, they got PT, they got oh chotter.
Speaker 4: In fact, matter of fact, I'm glad you just said that. When's the last time you've been inside the Broncos facility.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's been a minute.
Speaker 4: I went inside the Bengal facility when I was there Thursday night for the practice yeah, they got everything. Yeah, oh yeah, they got when it when it, when it comes to recovery and taking care of your body, they got everything. Now, So I can see why some of the players could be able to play as long as they have and continue their career. If it's say I got twenty and I think Derrick Brooks played out dere Brook played.
Speaker 1: I don't think Brooks he played as long as Ray Ray had got said Ray got seventeen.
Speaker 4: Seventeen, Levonte could definitely get twenty. Man, he can definitely get twenty if he and for twenty.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm thinking fifteen. I said, let let me, let me get let me get out of this seat, let me get out of fourteen. You don't you get I recalibrate to fifteen because you know that's you know, seventeen games and he tackled, he hitting people. Yeah, so you know he saw after every game his shoulders, his back, his knees.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: But uh, it was good to have him all the unbelievable, unbelievable career. I'm glad he was able to stop by and talk about some of the things. And uh, but what like you and I talked about on your big days, it's a medical issue. It is, it is what it is, and you know you're gonna air, You're gonna err on the side of cartia.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Listen.
Speaker 4: The first thing I thought about, too, when I saw him continue working on the sideline, just walking and not actually practicing.
Speaker 5: The first thing that came to mind was Corey Stringer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, came to mind was Corey Stringer and them not want to be liable for anything that happened to him if he's on the fie. But then in his case, I think about, well, hell, he just did. He just did his time in Florida at that rate, at that size and still played and contributed. So but I kind of understand where the NFL and the ten baby Buccaneers didn't want to be liable if anything happened to him at the way he was.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they figured they figured NFL got deeper pockets than colleges, so they gonna put that tax on you, Yes, sir.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe.
Speaker 1: Former number one overall draft pick Jadevian Clowney visited the Cowboys today. With the Cowboys trading Michael Parson to the Packers, Jerry Jones is entertaining the twenty fourteen number one overall draft pick Jadevian Clowney as a possible edge rush to help the defense. Brian schottenhamu cut coach Clowney with the Seahawks. This is something we've been monitoring every position. Again, I feel great about our defensive line. But anytime you have a chance to potentially add a foot for good football players, why wouldn't you kick the tires?
Speaker 2: O Jo would Jadavian Clowney help?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, absolutely absolutely will listen today. C is gonna get out of your quarterback the day. Von Clowney is good against the run. He's a disruptor. He can add and add some help. He's not he's not Michael Parsons, He's not that, but he can add and he can add an addition on that offensive line coming in similar to maybe maybe not all three downs, but coming in on third downs. If yeah, we and and rotate and rotate that defensive line and keep everybody fresh. He that's I'm not sure why they didn't sign Hi yet. I'm not sure what they're waiting on. He should be able to before week four, before week happens, before week before happens, he should be on that field.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just me personally watching him.
Speaker 1: Obviously with to the US of South Carolina, where my brother went, so obviously I had a little vested interests because I still root for the game costs even though I didn't play there, my brother played there. I just don't think that Jadavian Clowny ever lived up to what we thought he was going to be.
Speaker 2: If you go back and look at his sophomore year ojo, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that Michigan game man.
Speaker 1: What he was doing, he was really ripping people's next office, proving down the throat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like, whoa, what is this? We had never seen somebody like that.
Speaker 1: I mean he was violent, and that's what you when I look when I'm looking at a defensive player, your spacial defensive lineman or linebacker, I want violence.
Speaker 2: I want somebody that's gonna strike.
Speaker 1: And be and and and not be and not be ashamed of, Like, yeah, my job is this is my job is to punish you. And I just when I when I look at him, I was like, bro, the guy. I mean, look how big he was. Look at the forty times that he ran, look at his first step, look at his short shuttle. I mean he could do it all. I mean tremendous first step. You know who I thought he was gonna be. Like I said, this is this is a second come of Jabon Curst. That's who I thought he was gonna be.
Speaker 7: Like.
Speaker 5: That's a good one.
Speaker 4: Listen, There's not very many of it been like the freak. But again, what we saw from him in college, we expected.
Speaker 5: To see it.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 5: He was good, but he wasn't great.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure what his injury history looks like, but I do know some of the times he showed flashes at brilliance.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, a great, great disruptor, and I know he can get after the quarterback.
Speaker 4: He has a great motor, great energy, and I think he'd be a great addition to the Dallas Cowboys. I'm not sure once he came in. This shouldn't have been no watching practice. Helly should have been in practice. Yes, he should have been in practice. So I'm excited for him. It's a great addition for the Cowboys and that defense, and they need it because the first game we saw them play, they got no pressure.
Speaker 5: No, they got no goddamn pressure.
Speaker 2: They didn't at all. Uh. And the thing is, think about O Joe, who was he playing beside JJ.
Speaker 1: Watt Yeah, JJ Watler defensive player of the Year.
Speaker 2: So that means I'm getting one on one. I wish you would.
Speaker 1: I wish you would slide that protection of ninety nine and leave me one on one one.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If can you imagine if look how look what how Aaron Donald was when when Von he was already Aaron Donald and then you put Von Miller and you put Leonard Floyd outside of him. You remember what he looked like. Yeah, that's what That's what Jadavi and Cline was supposed to be. When you got a hair raiser on one side, you best believe I'm kicking ass and taking name did As to love guard center back out of bound. Yes, that's how that's that's the mentality.
Speaker 2: Boy.
Speaker 1: I wish I I wish y'all would double rod. I did you I double dog? Dare you to double somebody else other than me? In fact, I'm not gonna.
Speaker 4: As a matter of fact, honestly, you got to take something like that personal. You have to take something like that personal, saying, oh, you're gonna slade protection opposite way because you think there's a dog on the other side.
Speaker 1: Yes, one you disrespected you said, Oh, we ain't got to worry about him.
Speaker 5: Okay, basically, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: By third quarter A now, JJ about to eat because y'all gotta bring that. Y'all gotta bring that. Y'all gott to bring this left tackle. Y'all gotta bring some help because I'm gonna tear his ass up. And look, we don't know. Obviously, he's not the He's still not that. He's not the explosive player he wants nobody else. I mean, this is this to be his twelve year in the league. He came into twenty fourteen, so we look at a guy that'll be twelve years deep obviously, But yeah, he had moments, But I expected I expected him to be a perennial Pro Bowl player, a perennial All Pro. He had Defensive Player of the Year potential. That's what I was expecting of him. He's an over overall draft pick, number one overall draft pick as a defensive line Oh yeah, you gotta be Miles Garrett. That's the number one overall draft pick as a defensive lineman. Bruce Smith, that's the number one draft pick as an overall as a defensive lineman. That's what I'm expecting.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't think I might expect too much, and I.
Speaker 1: Know everybody can't be I think Bruce was a two time Defensive Player of the Year. Miles has already won one. But when you're the number one overall player, those are the expectations that people have for you. And like I said, he had a good career, but I think he left some stuff on the table.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, I do I do.
Speaker 1: Cowboys All Pro cornerback de Ron Bland suffered a foot injury during practice on Monday that could result in him missing a couple of weeks. Bland recently signed four year extension ninety two million dollars. According to Clarence Hill, Bland is is out at least two weeks. He missed time last season would have left foot fracture. Dray Von Diggs is already is not ready for a full load. He played twenty seven snaps against the Eagles. OJO and it's time for them to call Gilly Stefan Gilmore.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think you should listen to Colts called Xavier Howard. You're bringing a veteran, veteran presence, a very savvy veteran at that like Stefan Gilmore, he's ready, he can't. I had the wide receiver workshop during the off season. Gilmore came out there to watch some of the receivers and we talked for a little bit. He's saying he was keeping himself in shape. If the right situation presented itself, he would welcome a comeback. So I think that's something that they should do again. I'm not sure why Jerry's not on the phone knowing that Bland is gonna be.
Speaker 5: About two weeks now.
Speaker 4: I think they probably have some type of belief and whoever Blands back up maybe where they haven't called the veteran presence to come in. So I think they're thinking, like, okay, well, listen, two weeks, we can roll with someone else that we already have here that is a backup, and see if we can do things to kind of protect him. If he's the fish, If that person that is the backup is the weak link, we can hide that for a little bit.
Speaker 5: We can hide that for two weeks until Bland gets back.
Speaker 1: Well, I think the thing is, if you're going to hide him, that means you'all defensive line need to get pressure. That's the best way to hide his ass on Joe the quarterback go have time to see his back, but to throw the ball or somebody hit him in the back of his head. That's what that's that's what you're you're looking for. That's what you're trying to accomplish if you're trying to hide. Hide to think because that look, I don't I didn't think they had great I think they got guys.
Speaker 2: If I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 1: I think darn Bland was a wide receiver and they switched it to dB in college.
Speaker 4: That would be him and Trayvon Dick, Rayvon Dick, Trayvon Diggs in Alabama as a wide receiver, and coach Samans says, I think, but but you got to think what look look at all the receivers that was over there.
Speaker 1: Yes, son, I think you'd be better on the other side of the on the other side of the ball. And he's parlayed that into one of the better defensive backs. Great clue skills. Uh, he's a gambler. Got a lot of t Buck, a lot of tendencies. T Buck used to always say they got a they got more slants and stop routes than it got nine routes, so I would take my chances.
Speaker 2: And he would.
Speaker 1: But I agree with you, I think you have to look at Gilly. I don't know how much Gilly has left in the tank. Clearly he's not the defensive player that yes Stefan gil Moore than nobody expect that. But is he better than the guy that you could potentially call up or you could potentially.
Speaker 2: Slide in that slot.
Speaker 1: Ask the question that Jerry and the coaching staff and the hire of the brass those are the decisions that they would.
Speaker 2: Need to make. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 1: Despite beating the Jets, it wasn't a particularly good day for the Pittsburgh offensive line, especially left tackle Broderick Jones, who was responsible for three other four sacks on Rogers Well. Aaron defended Jones to Dad, actually blamed himself for some of the sacks he took, citing back tightness that kept him from being more elusive. I don't think I was moving that well, so I think I kind of ran into at least one or two of those sacks. So I got to do a better job of using my legs. You know, I might be old, but I still feel like a move around pretty good. I wasn't moving the way I usually moved. I thought the protection was good for the most of the game. There are a couple of fundamental things to clean up. I just got to get get the ball out. That's the thing, Aaron. You see what you heard what he said on Joe. He said he would think he couldn't move.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's that's what happens when you get old. You think in your mind you could do all these things.
Speaker 5: But you can't. You can't. And then obviously the offensive line has to help him a little bit. They have to. They have to help him a little bit. And Aaron has to have that clock. That clock has to go off in your head.
Speaker 4: If you don't have the skill set from with the lower extremity, being able to move the way you used to, you got to be able to process that information a little bit faster and get the ball out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you do.
Speaker 1: And I think the thing is that he does have a quick release and sometimes he dogs sacks because he can get them. But that's the thing. He doesn't have the legs. He's forty one. He doesn't have the legs that he once had. And that's what made him so unique. That's why you know, people look at him as one of the greatest throwers of the boot ball because of the arm platform, but his ability to throw the ball on the move. Yeah, there have been very few guys in NFL history that's been able to throw the ball on the move as well as Aaron Rodgers, or throw the ball from the pocket as well as Aaron Rodgers. The armslaughts, the angles, and he had he had good legs. He wasn't Lamar Jackson, but he didn't need to beat but that arm. He had superior arm talent and with his with his mind, man, it was it was. It was to just watch him. Like I said, I went to the Super Bowl that they beat the the beat the Pittsburgh Oh Joe, And.
Speaker 2: I was standing on the sideline and I'm watching this rook got warm up. I said, he.
Speaker 1: That's the greatest story of the football I've ever seen. And I saw Joe throw the ball as I saw Joe Montanna throw the football. I saw Damn Marino throw the football. I saw l Way throw the football. I saw Warren Moon throw the football. I say, that guy, what I just saw. In my fourteen years of playing in the NFL and all my years of covering the NFL.
Speaker 2: I've never seen anybody throw the football with he.
Speaker 5: Got the ultimate stamp of all time.
Speaker 4: When Tom Brady comes out and says, Aaron Rodgers is the greatest throw of the football that he's ever seen, or every witness or watch.
Speaker 5: Play, then it is exactly what it is.
Speaker 2: Got to see it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no matter how bottom, no matter how he looks now, he's still the greatest store of the football. And then when you get flashes of the brilliants that were used to seeing and he brings that to the Steelers. He gives you a great chance to win. And what they've done defensively, what they but they don't they didn't bought in Jabril Preppers. They didn't Gabrill Preppers. You got Daisy, you got Jaylen Ramsey. I mean you got Patrick Man this They're gonna be all right. You got TJ, while you got Cam.
Speaker 2: Come on now something.
Speaker 1: Some things you have to see for yourself because TV doesn't do it justice, like they say. You know, watching hockey is better if you watch it in person, then you watch it on television. Football is better if you watch it in person, then you watch it on television. Some things you have to actually see for yourself in order to get an appreciation, and me being a student of the game, me being around the game, and to see him throw the foot ball. I saw the same when I saw bad run like I've never seen nobody run like that. When you see Jerry run routes and then catch the football, and the effortlessness that Jerry ran with and the precision in which he got in and out of breaks, like damn, that's what you think when you see Aaron throw the football. That's what When I saw him throw the football, I was like, I mean, I'm talking about just the flick of the wrists and the ball is just I'm talking about ain't no wobble.
Speaker 2: I mean, everything is just tight. I'm just like up and over.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And the funny thing about it is too as great as as great of a throw the football Aaron is.
Speaker 5: The way he throws the ball in his mechanics or no, you can't, don't teach that done. It doesn't go hand in hand, no help go hand in hand.
Speaker 2: All over the place.
Speaker 5: He's all over the place. He does everything because his arm, his arm, his arm, talent arm strength football.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it is.
Speaker 5: You can't teach that you can't teach that.
Speaker 1: Xavia Worthy left the Chiefs Week one game due to a dislocated shoulder, and the injury and the Chiefs third offensive player in Brazil. He was running a crossing paddle over the middle and he and Travis Kelsey read directly in each other. Kelsey took the blame for what happened on New Heights. I'm supposed to be running my route at depth for Worthy, so it's frustrating. I was trying to set up the guy to be able to get into position, and then it just happened pretty quick. I just got to be better, man. I mean your I'm thirteen years in the league. There's no excuse for me running into my own guy like that.
Speaker 5: Yo, Joe, what do we say where we said the same thing. He ain't listen.
Speaker 4: He was supposed to be at seventy nine and Worthy was supposed to be come underneath that. But you got to remember on the pressure the collision, when you write exit nose is you got to remember there's somebody else.
Speaker 2: Well it makes the nose don't move. You just put them on the paper. They stayed right where you put him.
Speaker 5: So he was a little short because the person in front of him. The collision. It forced him to.
Speaker 4: Run his xavier worthy. So if anything, you got to go a little higher that look, you got to fight through that contact. You have to, and that's that's where the that's where the collision happens. So uh, it's it's unfortunate. It's something that that he can fix. But again, you just it's all about being being self aware.
Speaker 2: He can fix it down, but he ain't fix the xavier shoulder for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's messed up, and that's it.
Speaker 2: That's the thing. But I knew, I knew what it was.
Speaker 1: I said, bro, you do do you understand how many shallow crosses that I've run, how many peak shallow crosses, because a lot of sometimes we run the shallow cross on our own, and a real shallow cross is four to six four yards, But you're gaining because you want to give the quarterback the angle. So you start two to three, you get the four deep, no deeper than six.
Speaker 2: Catch it. He will. Hey, whatever it is.
Speaker 1: If it's a man, he put it out in front of him, he lead turned you up. If it's a zone, you don't look at him. You just oopah, stop on the dime that tackle gap, hey, and however you put it on, you put it between the eight and the four.
Speaker 2: He said, get up for your shadow. Shatter's some danger on left or the right of you.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: See it's easy with his own problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 5: The problem is when it's man and you trying to collision you and you're trying to get to your depth, and you got to fight through that, right, fight through that.
Speaker 1: But see, and my thing is, oh, y'all, look, Kensey is bigger than I was. But you couldn't stop me from getting where I wanted to be. Now you can't because I'm just gonnaut. I'm gonna push through you. And then I see because the whole while, as I know, I got to pick so the but see, mainly, oh yo, I wasn't the picker.
Speaker 2: Somebody else was picking for me. For me, Yeah, somebody picking for me.
Speaker 1: But when I did, on the rare occasions that I did have to pick or I'm gonna get, I'm gonna get you. I'm gonna push up and guess what, I'm gonna run your i' gonna run you into your own guy. Sometimes I had to get oh, I had to get skinny. I mean literally, you run it like this, Hey, you got to turn like this here get through that. Yeah, yeah, you gotta get skinny. But it's it's very unfortunate, and I know to watch it you like, man, of all the things could happen, I got a thousand catchers, I got like the most playoff touchdowns. I'm a few yards short of Jerry as far as yards in the playoffs, and I ran into my own guy. I put my own guy. That's that's that's what that's what. That's what Travis thinking. That's what NEP is thinking, Like, I put my own damn guy. We already thinking. We already the first six weeks, O Joe. We without reheet Rice. Now we were out our second best receiver. Hey, man, what y'all gonna do? Man, y'all ain't gonna do nothing, blow that thing or let him get Tyreek back.
Speaker 5: Oh that's not fair. That's not fair. I think it's too soon for that though.
Speaker 2: Y'all ain't going nowhere.
Speaker 4: Hey, listen, if things don't continue to get better, it's only week one night as only as.
Speaker 1: The price is dropped, O Joe. If you get to the trade deadline and y'all out of contention. Everybody know you trying to unload Tyreek hold hold on the trade?
Speaker 5: When is trade day?
Speaker 2: Line?
Speaker 5: It's only week one? Now, I'm come on, now is week When is week?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Trade that line?
Speaker 2: If you have to wait till you in a byd, it's too late.
Speaker 1: People, You make bad decisions when you're in a bind, right, make decisions before.
Speaker 5: You have to.
Speaker 4: That's not the way. That's not the way they're thinking. Management is not thinking like that. We just starting the season. They're not thinking like that already. Now you are thinking like that logically because we're sitting here with not playing, but we want to at least have a chance to win.
Speaker 5: Who gives us our best chance to win? Number ten?
Speaker 1: No, what gives us the best chance to win in twenty six, twenty seven and beyond? Because you and I both know Tyreek Hill. Tyreek Hill's making thirty six million next year. You know damn well.
Speaker 2: You know that I know that he ain't getting that from Miami.
Speaker 5: If that's the case.
Speaker 4: If that's the case, if we think about twenty six, twenty seven and beyond, then you would let him go. When it was the issue with what he said last year in offseason, you would let him go to this offseason.
Speaker 1: I think they thought about it, though, Joe. They damn Suoe thought about it. They thought about it, Okay, maybe and maybe the price a little bit too high. The price came down. Now price coming down. The NFL said they're gonna investigate. He's going through a divorce and there was some things put in the lawsuit that's come out that the NFL didn't that doesn't look favorable pun and I hate that for Tyreek. We've kind of had, we've you know, he he he took what I said. I said that he's not u uh Smitty. Steve Smith and I was having a conversation and he was basically saying that Tyreek is a body catcher. He doesn't you know, he doesn't pluck the ball. And I was like, okay, I can understand that. And he took that that we were I said, but he's phenomenal. Michael lerveth in the Hall of Fame. Nobody looks at Mike and says, Mike, you know, Mike did this. It's okay, but he but I've always given credit to Tyreek because when he came into the league, O hoe. He was mainly a gadget guy. He's a returner, and put him in on you know, j sweeze.
Speaker 2: And things like that. And then all of a sudden, he turned himself. He taught himself how to run routes.
Speaker 1: He could run the route treat and with that speed, he turned himself into a player that's gonna do get a gold jacket one day. That's what Tyreek Hill has been able to do. I don't have I've never had a problem giving guys credit when it's due. But I've also never had a problem critiquing guys when I think their needs, critiquing and saying that's not good enough, that was bad, that was good, that was unacceptable. That's I've never had a problem with that. But I think, But but the thing is, oh Joe, the trade deadline is November fifth.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, oh Joe.
Speaker 1: Why would I Why would I give you what you want? Y'all two and y'all two and seven at the trade deadline? Now you think I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Give you what you want? I know you got to get up off it. I know you do. Right, Yeah, Well keep him?
Speaker 4: Then, I'm not I'm not sure sure, I'm not sure, mister gri and Mike mcdame is ready to throw the talent already.
Speaker 2: They are.
Speaker 1: That's why they traded Jalen Ramsey. That's where they let Christian Wilkins. Well, that's why they let Klais Campbell go hold on.
Speaker 5: That's that's that's that's based on age. That's based on age.
Speaker 4: That's based on the amount that they had to pay j in On Ramsey that they're they're getting there, get the get that money off the books.
Speaker 5: Now, you get that money off the books, right? And you what are you telling your players?
Speaker 2: How long? How much older is Jayalen Ramsey?
Speaker 4: The Minka Fitzpatrick, So Mica Fitzpatrick just came into a rebuilding situation, their transition, their transition, getting rid of all their older players.
Speaker 2: Okay, huh, I.
Speaker 4: Said they're transitioning, getting rid of all the older players, rebuilding all over again.
Speaker 2: I mean that's why you let Tyreek go.
Speaker 5: They should have let him go in the off season.
Speaker 2: Yes, but I think that I.
Speaker 4: Think the thing is maybe the asking price was too high, the asking price for Tyreek Hill.
Speaker 1: Yep, I should want o Joe if Okay, the best time to buy a sports car is winning in the winner. You fight in the summer or the spring, and see what they've taxed your ass. As a matter of fact, I'm going to New York. I'm going to Words. Yeah, let me get that Ferrari because I know, hey, I will be able to I will be able to get a discount on the sports car in the winter if I wait till the spring of the summer.
Speaker 5: Listen to me. Let me tell you something springing and sports cars.
Speaker 2: Let go right, Yes, you.
Speaker 4: Got that discount you wanted, But that discount that sports car, it's still it's still prime. It's yes, step and it's still playing exactly had had supposed to play, and it's in a better situation. You think Tyreek could be upset about leaving.
Speaker 2: Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Well, I think I ideally, Oh Joe, I mean, look, I'm in a state with no state tax and the weather is great year round, so all things being equal, with Joe, it's like when the fox threw the rabbit in the bron patch.
Speaker 2: He's like, WHOA, I was born and raised right here, thank you.
Speaker 1: He's like, oh, Joe, no state taxes and the weather year road, what more could you ask for?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I mean, there's a reason why. That's the reason why your black ball head ass still down there.
Speaker 5: Yeah that listen, Miami is all I know. I'm born and raised.
Speaker 4: But obviously you know, the first thing Tyreek could say mentally in his mind, what's the worst thing? The best thing I could ask for is a quarterback. Oh yeah, for a quarterback. So you wanted to get you want them to have everything.
Speaker 1: So you want the man to have nice weather, you wouldn't have no state income tax, and he get to play with Aaron Rodgers or Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen.
Speaker 4: Listen from what I from the reports I've been seeing about going to the Steelers, Oh, he would be nice for the reports that I'm seeing him about going back to Kansas City.
Speaker 5: Then we would just see Tyreka Bold.
Speaker 4: Yes, when you're taking a player that's in a bad situation where they can't give him the ball and put him in a situation with quarterbacks where he can get the ball.
Speaker 1: So you want so you want to put Jared right, you want to put Jered Rice with Marito in Miami. At least put him in San Francisco so they gonna get some rain sometime. He got to play it in Clement Weather.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: You want to put him in an ideal situation that's like Barrett. So you want to put Barons Sanders. You want to put Baron Sanders with a Hall of Fame quarterback and the Cowboys offensive line right right right, So you.
Speaker 2: Wanted to be Emmy Smith because that's what Look what they gave him.
Speaker 1: They gave a Hall of Fame quarterback, a Hall of Fame wide receiver, offensive line out the yin yang and he got eighteen thousand yards rushing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, hell he was with the Dolphins.
Speaker 4: He had back to back seventeen hundred yard seasons, so we knew he can get it done there.
Speaker 2: But just one there. I see.
Speaker 1: The thing is is that he was probably he was not going to have that in Kansas City because you got Kelsey. But what he was going to be able to do slip something on his finger every you know, he's gonna get it, you get proposed, He's gonna get proposed to after every every year.
Speaker 7: Absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 4: And the funny thing about it is wherever he does go, he increases the chances of getting another ring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he increases the.
Speaker 5: Chances of walking down to the aust again.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think the thing is, O yo, I think they you're not gonna do. First of all, ain't nobody gonna give you what you gave up to get him?
Speaker 1: Now he's three years he's three years older, and there's a lot of other things going on. Now, Now, what is it reasonable that you Because O yo, he got thirty six million, he's gonna be fifty one million dollars against the cap next year for a wide receiver. So all things being equal, you're probably gonna have to extend him to lower that cap number. Yeah, so now I gotta factor that in. Now, if I trade for him, how much of that salary are you gonna pay? How much of the salary am I gonna pay? Those are all things that's gonna be factored in because I know next year twenty six he's not gonna Ain't no wide receiver gonna count no fifty one million dollars against the cap.
Speaker 4: I understand what you're saying, But again, whoever has to account for what, whoever has to pay what they're.
Speaker 5: Willing to pay because you understand the type of player you're getting.
Speaker 2: Are we sure we're gonna get that type of player?
Speaker 5: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 5: Come on, now, come on.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm just saying, oh Joe, I got the factor in. I got the factor in last year? Do I not do I do I not factor in?
Speaker 4: If it means if if we're factoring last year, let's factor all. Let's factor in everything on why it looked the way it did.
Speaker 2: Come on.
Speaker 1: Even if you factor that in, the one thing that you cannot do is what quit. Oh no matter how bad he get outside, oh cho, no matter how bad it is storming at the end of the day, O Joe, if you the mail man, you can't say, well, I ain't delivering the mail because it's raining. Right, put on your goloshes, put on your raincoat, and you got to deliver the mail. You're right, oh Joe. We all of them been through it, Oh Joe. We all have been in situation. We get our eyes beat out. I was like, who man, hey one still up?
Speaker 2: Still up? Man? Were down thirty? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Hello, I was in that all my career, outside of one season, all my career.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It's tough, man, It's tough.
Speaker 1: Ben Johnson shouldn't expect a warm homecoming Ojoe when he returns to ford Field for Week two, and Rob Saint Brown said week two is going to be so crazy. I promise you it's going to be so electric. But as soon as Ben walks in there, we blewing him. I don't give an f We're all bulling you.
Speaker 7: That's dope, that's dope. That's dope.
Speaker 5: Of course, listen, that's the that's the way it is, that's the way it is.
Speaker 4: Obviously, Ben Johnson now being you know, the head coach over there with the Bears having great success, you know, calling and plays for the Detroit Lions. Of course, fans are gonna feel some way, players are gonna feel some type of way. Their happy for him, but you're no longer.
Speaker 7: A part of us.
Speaker 5: You're no longer part of us. So it comes from the territory. The boozs are gonna rain.
Speaker 4: The boozs are gonna rain, and when football is played, they're gonna They're gonna have to do what they need to do when that whistle blows.