Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Cadino and Rich Podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: Find your local station for Covino Rich at Fox Sports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app It's Life Searching FSR.
Speaker 1: What's up, buddy? My wait after this weekend? Oh? Hey, what a great weekend though? Right?
Speaker 2: Fresh? Actually not so fresh from Arizona, do you? And happy to be back on the West side. Rich is still in Texas now. He's all over the place. He gets around. He's like Tupac, true story, He's around the world like deaf punk.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I gotta give Cavino credit where credit is due. Not only is he a little league champion, God's a cornhole champion.
Speaker 1: Who knew had a lot of cornhole.
Speaker 2: This weekend while watching Week eleven of the NFL in Arizona. We have lots to tell you about broadcasting live from the Fox Sports Radio studios, Cavino and Rich.
Speaker 1: Danny g is here superducing.
Speaker 2: Sam and Spot and Buyer, and of course we do rockin L's go right into another week and we hope you had a great weekend. Hopefull all your team's won. If you miss any of today's show, you'll want to cash the podcast. I hope you had a Connor Ben sort of weekend. We'll be talking plenty of football. That was a great fight Connor Ben with the rematch victory over you Banks. Remember to search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts. After the show, our podcast is posted, be sure to follow the podcast, follow, rate and review, give us five stars. Say something nice and if you want to watch the show. If you want to see Rich in Austin from the iHeart Studios, look at you looking fresh?
Speaker 1: What a sweet white button down is sure?
Speaker 2: If you want to see Richik and Hansom YouTube dot com, slash at Coveno and Rich FSR, Covino and Rich FSR and now Rich last to get to today we got last one standing giving away prizes. We will talk Jake, Paul and Anthony Joshua probably next to hour. But like we always do, things that made you go, h man, it's a Monday. So many observations, Sam hit.
Speaker 1: It things that make you go, things that make you go yo.
Speaker 3: Cai start up by saying we were at the Niners Cardinals game. My Niners looking good, brock Perty looking good. You could say, Hey, the Cardinals are trash, but I'm gonna go with the Niners look good. I was shocked at that stadium. Seventy what seventy eighty percent ninersans.
Speaker 2: Dude, at least you know, it was crazy to see how many forty nine Ers fans showed up. Now, the scoop is there's lots of visiting fans that come in all the time, but forty nine Ers fans were there, and they were strong, and they played well with party and it was an experience in itself. There's so many observations from State Farm Stadium. I'd never been there before. They had the roof open, and vibes were great, the weather was perfect, and your forty nine ers looked good.
Speaker 5: Rich.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was shocked though, how many yards Brissette passed four for the Cardinals. They just couldn't really get it together. A lot of garbage yards. But yeah, Niners look good. I think the biggest observation I have, though not even based on the game we were at. I'm looking at all my notes for Week eleven of the NFL, and you and I watched all the games together this weekend with our buds. Can you believe after all this time we're going you know, we're wrapping up week eleven, going into week twelve.
Speaker 1: The Bears are in first place.
Speaker 2: That's wild, right, so good and it seems like they're getting better and better every week. It seems like, okay, when are we convinced that they're just a decent team at this point? It's pretty wild to see, but they're playing pretty good.
Speaker 3: I mean, there are a team that's ahead of the Packers right and the Lions in their division. And I don't think anyone saw that coming. People thought, oh, maybe the Bears could hang last year. The expectation was through the roof with Kleb Williams first year. But now maybe settled in a little, you know what. It sounds funny. And I heard Colin Cowherd say this today when we were traveling again. We were traveling from Arizona back home, and everything except Rich made a dip in Austin again.
Speaker 2: He's like, it's pretty simple football, he said. The stars of the Bears they moved the ball forward. Stars, They're just really good at moving the ball forward. It's always like second down four yards. It's not second down and twenty four yards to go right. They always move the ball forward. They do the simple things. And he was saying something along the line, something along lines I don't want to misquote the great Colin Cowherd, but like it's like how Belichick used to describe Brady back in the day. He did the simple things right, and they're just moving the ball forward and getting better each week. Not comparing them to the dynasty of the Patriots. I'm just saying they're doing those things right. So what you're saying is, no, that's not what I'm saying. They're moving the ball, yeah in the right direction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, keep my nuts.
Speaker 2: And that's the sort of their little secret sauce right now, I know. But it's working for him, and it is a bit of a surprise at least to some people, but maybe not the Bears fans, because again, props to them. So any observation from this weekend in the world of the NFL Week eleven or anything that you watched, it could have been fight, could have been UFC three twenty two. Like I'll just start off by saying, we went out to watch that fight, and you know, when you go out and you're amongst mixed company and there's a big crowd. You're just hoping for that atmosphere to be involved and hanging on every punch and just so happens. These are like some boring fights over the weekend, Like no casual fans. Casual fans don't want to see grappling and rolling around me.
Speaker 3: Just don't the two main events the headliners, the women's fight and then the dude that has no nose?
Speaker 1: Who is that guy, Della Melitime.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean those two fights were so boring that I know, the girl that was our waitress was attractive, but all the guys in our group were just talking about the waitress because what was to talk about the lame ass fights we watched that honestly was boring. That was not an endorsement for you know, the people that love to say, yeah, I don't know you, I don't know about boxing the UFCS. Where it's at this past weekend, I'll tell you where it wasn't at UFC that was awful.
Speaker 4: Awful.
Speaker 6: Mom.
Speaker 2: The Katchev defeats Dela Maddalena Della Madlena in a round five decision, and Chefchenko beat saying in the female fight the comin event women's flyweight, two boring fights. So when you get up and you go out and you're hoping for an exciting night, and the most exciting thing is Bruce Buffer in the intro fighting. You know that was the only fun part, Bruce Buffer. That's they were just rolling around the whole time. And I get it, that's part of the fight that happens. It's it's it's just part of you. UFC. Well, it doesn't provide for an exciting night. Cove One.
Speaker 3: One observation from the fight that look is so weak but totally terrifying and like like intimidating, the no mustache bearded look from Islam. That is like I don't know who would rock that look, but that is like it's oddly intimidating.
Speaker 2: Though, no, that's the that's not I'm gonna beat you look. Yeah, it's it's safe to say if they have a name that sounds like his, they are probably the ones who want to put your money on. Even though I believe Della Modelena hadn't lost in ten years or something like that, Well he got his ass handed to him this weekend. So again UFC over the weekend, A observations there, whatever it was that you were into, We'll take your phone calls now at eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. And of course one of the bigger stories was Shador Sanders making his debut, because there's so many little subplots and substories within that one story.
Speaker 3: Like there's like there's like the BS sentiment that, oh, he didn't get the reps in practice, and I don't know, and I heard Dan Patrick talking about this on the network, I believe with. I mean, he was talking about former backup quarterback Matt I think it was a hassleback saying how backup quarterbacks don't get reps in practice. So this whole sentiment like Poorschador, well, let's make excuses he doesn't get the reps in practice, Cavino, what backup gets first team reps in practice?
Speaker 1: None? So stop it.
Speaker 3: Backup quarterbacks go in there, try to pick up the pieces, try to make some magic happen. Why we like trying to make it seem like, well, Poorschador is not prepared. It's another like BS layer to his whole story.
Speaker 2: I mean, but he did say he had a crap game four for sixteen. I mean, what else could he say? Forty seven yards one interception in a loss and a twenty three to sixteen loss to the Ravens. But he made his debut. And like I said, side stories are so many little side stories. You got Rex Ryan saying that he's putting on a show. We have the quote. If you want to hear, here's what Rex Ryan said. And I'll tell you some other things that happen with Shador. Rex Ryan Onhudor saying.
Speaker 7: He's got to get over himself too, like you like he's there by himself on the bench at the end of the game. I've never seen I've seen it in the seventh.
Speaker 1: Game of World Series.
Speaker 7: When you lose a game or whatever. This is a game, is a pillow fight game. Nobody cares. Who cares it back? Care?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did he care?
Speaker 7: Or are you trying to make it a show and make it about yourself. You've got a guy over there that, by the way, is a two time MVP right there, Lamar Jackson. He was looking for you. He was looking for you right there.
Speaker 1: Why didn't share a moment with him?
Speaker 7: All right? All right, share a moment with Lamar? He looking all over for you. They get in there with your teammates. These are your teammates, all right, these are your teammates, and talk about I'm not comfortable losing. You think anybody in that locker room is, They better not be.
Speaker 1: So he had a lot to say about how into this team is he or is he a me guy?
Speaker 8: By the way, that was his brother Rob Ryan on electric guitar there. Oh yeah, yeah, funny visual. I picture that's how they love to have. I picture Rob shredding with the long hair. There's so many takeaways just from that game, and again from that appearance. Dion Sanders was outspoken about it, saying it brought him to tears seeing his son play for the first time, even though again it wasn't the debut you wanted, but again, kids in the NFL, you know, it's still an emotional moment. And then there's another side story that he got robbed, his house got broken into during his debut.
Speaker 2: So talking about a crazy day of emotions for the Sanders family.
Speaker 3: Listen, I don't want to take away the joy of Dion seeing his kid play for the first time, because that's beautiful something we all dream and you know, you'd you'd wish your upon the stars that my kid plays in the pros, right, but Rex Ryan while rob Ryan, rob Ryan was shredding in the background. A great point that it really was about him. You ever date a girl where we know women that they think they're the main character and everything, like, it's just it was.
Speaker 2: His debut he made. He did make it about him. But what gets lost is their defense. Their defense is solid, so I know, but I'm just saying like that should be the story here, but it's not. Because he has a big name and that's the circus of a shirdoor Sanders.
Speaker 1: You know, it's shadow, you know.
Speaker 3: I feel like I've made excuses for him over the last six months to a year, like, well, you know, it's not his fault. He is Deon's kid, and he's got talent, and hopefully he gets his chance and we all want to see him. But I feel like he doesn't have the ability to pull the Homer Simpson and just fade into the bushes like yo, he had to sit on the bench and have everyone Larry is by himself moping like I don't know. I just feel like we've all know those people, men and women, but we've all dated girls, like I said, where they need to have that main character energy. They can never just not be the center of attention. I don't think you'll ever get that from a Shore Sanders. And like I said, the other unfortunate side story there is that his home is broken into during his Cleveland debut and there's no news, no updates if anything was stolen, no suspects have been identified. But another science story about his house break in another observation from that game. There's so many observations about shudor will take your phone calls? Eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. Then props to the Cleveland Browns defense for putting up a fight or has Lamar Jackson lost some steam, lost some gas, lost the step or something. That's another question. Doesn't seem he has the explosiveness as he had in the past. You could say this scene for a lot of people like Saquon Barkley, is it wear and tear?
Speaker 2: Like, what's going on this year? Why are we not seeing that same explosiveness. We were saying the same thing a few weeks ago about Derrick Henry. You know, where's the explosiveness that we saw in the past few years. Listen year to year year to year were in tear.
Speaker 1: It could be anything.
Speaker 3: Well, what do we see the stat you and I watched someday at footballlast night, how many big runs Saquon had a year ago compared to this year. Yeah, like runs of twenty or more, yall cauds and it was ridiculously wild. How much he's fallen off. And it just's so many observations.
Speaker 1: Cove.
Speaker 3: I don't know where you want to go next, but I have my biggest one of the weekend.
Speaker 2: Well, I do want to say, you know, based on my point of Shador Sanders making it about him. It's his debut, it's going to be the conversation, it just is. But lost in that mix is and Miles Garrett with the four sacks, right, Like their defense is legit. If they could figure out a way to get that offense working, the Browns aren't a bad team. So I just want to point that out because the conversation is is it all about sho Door Sanders, And it's like we know.
Speaker 3: That already, but he does that, like, all right, let's say it's a pageant. Let's say it's not a football game, it's a beauty pageant, right, only one girl wins.
Speaker 1: The girls that lose, what do they do?
Speaker 3: They give their little bow runners up, take their flowers, they walk off the stage. If one of the girls in the pageants decided to just sit on the side of the stage and just like reflect and mope and tear up a little, but.
Speaker 1: You'd be like, what is she doing?
Speaker 3: Just it's like a reality show that people that want attention you tell you could seek out and really easily point out attention.
Speaker 2: Is an attention seekert And he's always been and who his dad is, and that's probably part of the reason why he fell so low in the draft. He's that type of guy. But is he that type of player that's yet to be seen in the NFL? But the debut was made. The Chargers are broken. That's another big story. How do you happen? Yeah, how do you not talk about Week eleven and what we've seen this weekend? Not bring up the Chargers and how Doodoo Pie they look and how if you have any of them on your fantasy team, which I don't give a deadly squat amount, but that is sort of the story.
Speaker 1: Today. They put up zero points.
Speaker 3: I I feel like the AFC is in a really weird spot right now because my biggest observation are there are three teams Caudino that are on the outside of the playoff picture looking in.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: I know we're only you know, most teams have played ten or maybe eleven games.
Speaker 1: Right with bye weeks and everything.
Speaker 3: We're more than halfway through. But right now in the AFC, the Chiefs, the Ravens, and the Texans are all sitting at five hundred on the outside looking in, like if the season were to end today, and then in the NFC just by you know, bad luck and you know we have a couple of bad games. The Detroit Lions wouldn't be in the playoffs if this playoffs started today, and so many people started the season saying, what do you think Lions, Ravens, maybe Super Bowl, maybe Chiefs, Lions like those were predicted and we're talking about teams that wouldn't even make the postseason as of right now. So those teams have some work to do, or are we assuming that some of these other teams just fall off.
Speaker 2: Or those windows have closed really quick? And Danny g are super producers here, he's excited for his Monday Night football. We'll talk about that Danny, g what was the stat we always said or we adjusted by week seven?
Speaker 7: Eight?
Speaker 8: Yeah, last night we always you guys always said by week six you knew, and then last year you adjusted to week seven.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well guess what, it's week eleven and we're still trying to figure out did the windows closed on some of these teams that were good last year or that were good in the past few years? Like the Chiefs, Dude, they're five hundred five and five. Is there a window closed for the Lion's not as good as they should be?
Speaker 1: Like? Is that window closed too? Like there's so many teams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Chargers played like cheeks yesterday and they started off the season looking like a Super Bowl contender.
Speaker 8: From week to week, this season has been wild. How about bo Nix and Josh Allen both saying today how you like me now? Because last week people were dumping on both of those quarterbacks and then they both came up big a week later.
Speaker 3: Can I tell you, Danny, Steve and I were in the Uber back from the forty nine Ers Cardinals game and we were watching the end of the Chiefs Broncos game on my phone in the car and we got the phone mounted, and I'm like, I turned to Conveno and I go, isn't it funny? How last Everyone's like, yeah, f bon Nicks, he's done. And now all of a sudden, the Broncos are gritting out a victory over the Chiefs. And now they're nine and two and the Chiefs are five and five. Like and and I said, tomorrow on Fox, everyone's gonna be talking about how like yo, bon Nix is just okay, it's wild week to week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really is insane, none of it and we say it and Spot rolls his eyes. We see it every year, Hey man, the parody in the NFL. Right, we're seeing parody, but we're seeing things that make no sense. This year, nothing adds up the right way. Josh Allen, all of a sudden, he's back after one week. He's a superstar again. He's putting up crazy numbers last yesterday, so again, Rich is right. Props to bon Nicks, Props to Josh Allen. It's not all dumping on players. It's not all dumping on man. Did you see Herbert He's stunk. Any takeaways are good takeaways?
Speaker 3: Well, then let me ask you, based on who's on the outside looking in and the parody of the league. Dare I schedule watch? I was saying, do you mind hitting me up with some schedule watches? The rich loves to look at the schedule game schedule watch it. We talked about the Bears being in first place Coveno, and that would be something no one predicted that, you know after week eleven, no way that the Bears would be ahead of the Lions, Packers, even the Vikings. With JJ McCarthy healthy, some thought they might surprise people. So let me hit you up with what the Bears have coming up, and you tell me at seven and three they have seven games to go, Danny G.
Speaker 1: I want to hear your opinion too.
Speaker 3: Let's go over quickly the final seven games for the Bears. You tell me, are they w's or else? They're playing the Steelers at home in Chicago. In Chicago, I'm going Bears, I'll get you know.
Speaker 2: What we're seeing here are some teams which is a little more juice like the I don't want to put the Bears in the same category as the Broncos, but you're seeing them play and strong throughout the game, where teams like the Steelers just fizzle toward the end of the game, like you're seeing that age or that wear and tear, or the juice, the excitement. I don't even know how to put it, but I think they would have more more juice for that game over the Steelers.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Bears and Eagles at Eagles, I'm saying no to that one. Low scoring el right now they're playing at the Packers.
Speaker 4: Are one of those week two week teams we've mentioned.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and again a team who's still trying to figure out what they do and who they are. Right, I'm not buying into them at all. They're going for runs, they end up passing. No, no, way, no for the Packers. Bro I wouldn't put any money or hype on the Packers. So Bears for that one. Now, now you go play the Browns, you give them another dub, right, I would, unless I don't know, unless they figure out their offense. Now they play the again, do you want to give the most split with the Packers one on one?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I would?
Speaker 1: You would?
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah, because those two teams are going to slug it out all right, forty nine Ers.
Speaker 2: No, if the forty nine Ers play the way they played this weekend again, granted it was well, granted it was at the Cardinals, it felt like a home game for them. Seemed like Party picked up right where he left off, and he seemed pretty pumped about that. Kiddle played big. McCaffrey came in laying the game he's still playing. Well, I'm going forty nine ers on that one. And then they end the season against the Lions in Chicago. I see, we'll see what happens there. But Rich, I hate to say this to get you hype, but because it feels like it's anybody season, starting to feel more like maybe the Broncos could do something, the Patriots could do something. I feel like forty nine ers or in it. If if they could play like they played yesterday. Again, I get it, it's the Cardinals and they have a lot of missing pieces, but if they could put it together with Party, if.
Speaker 3: The defense could play, if the defense can keep other teams contained, the Niners offense still has explosiveness when they're healthy.
Speaker 1: You could say it.
Speaker 2: Their offense is explosive. So yeah, if they could, if they could find ways to figure out defense, Yeah, they're still in it.
Speaker 1: They're not done by any means.
Speaker 3: I think what we learned also is that that Week eighteen matchup with the Lions Bears. Lions Bears, that's a question mark for me, No, but that's gonna be because the Bears will likely be ten and six, everyone will probably be around the same. That will probably be a game that means division win or playoffs or something for sure, So circle that that is.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be a big one. So there you go.
Speaker 2: All right, so we've already established the Chargers are broken, the Bears are legit, They're in first place. We had a great time in Arizona. The forty nine ers looked strong return to brock Purty. But the headline is Shedor Sanders in the NFL. Is it all about him? It's kind of understood your thoughts on what you saw in week eleven, And of course we're gonna get you ready for Monday night football. Things that made you go hm, We get to your feedback next right here on Fox Sports Radio. Oh yeah, all right, Now I finally figured out why my place is to hang out spot for all my friends.
Speaker 3: No one wants to hang out with you, but if anything, it might be because your TCL is looking pretty ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Exactly, QD Mini led. The brightness is wild, the contrast is deep, the colors spot on, and the motion silky, smooth, silky.
Speaker 3: It just looks better man, silky and smooth, never how you've been described by your TV.
Speaker 1: Yes, Christy, crunchy. Yeah. Now the price is even looking better.
Speaker 3: Bigger, Brighter, Better Black Friday with up to fifty percent off select tcltvs, including the Ultimate Series.
Speaker 2: From the Q eight K, the Ultimate Choice, Ultimate Brightness, Ultimate Black Levels for the Ultimate Game, The Experience to the q M six K.
Speaker 1: There's a sweet spot for every room. Premium pictures on sale now.
Speaker 3: Plus you can still enter in four tickets to Super Bowl sixty with the TCL Ultimate Season to score at TCL dot com.
Speaker 2: It's what Rich watches his Big Game of the Week on the TCN trow hit your favorite retailer, grab the amazing deal. Lock in epic experiences, epic savings and undeniable bragging rights now through Black Friday while supplies last.
Speaker 3: TCL official TV partner of the NFL. Bigger, Brighter, Better Black Friday Select models, limited time. SEETCL dot com for details. I've ben play Hey and Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. Hope all your team's won. I hope you had a great weekend. Hope you had a Chicago Bear sort of weekend. Iowa say, uf I hope you had a UFC type of weekend, meaning you just rolled around with someone. Ooh yeah, sexy. Yeah, that was sexy weekend. Yeah, there was just a hell of a lot of rolling around and thrusting.
Speaker 1: Iowa.
Speaker 2: Sam's on the Ones and Twoes. Danny G's super producing, getting ready for Last One Standing. Next hour, We're gonna play a game, giveaway prizes eight seven to seven ninety nine on Fox Spots. Got the video going where Live from the Fox Sports radio studio. Rich is in Texas. Back in Texas. We're fresh from Arizona. We had a great time. Dan Byer's got your update in about five minutes. There's a few things, remember I said, there's a few side stories when it comes to Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Fun times in Cleveland. Again Cleveland, all the talk.
Speaker 2: Is about sor Sanders. They're able to figure out their offense. The defense is pretty decent. And something else I saw was that Brown's tickets were going for ten bucks online.
Speaker 1: Did I get that right?
Speaker 7: Danny G?
Speaker 1: Ten dollars Browns tickets.
Speaker 4: Actually some that were on sale for less than ten dollars.
Speaker 2: That made me say, hmmm, in a world of all in a world of shrink flation and everything's so expensive. A sandwich at the airport was thirty five dollars. You can get Browns tickets for ten, rich n I waited last minute to get forty nine ers Arizona tickets. We just were at what's at State Farm Stadium and we paid what one sixty.
Speaker 1: For it was an upward day. Oh yeah, forty yard lines.
Speaker 3: We had a big group of people, had like eight to ten guys, so it was you know, one sixty, and we thought that was reasonable considering.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, ten dollars. Just got to point that out.
Speaker 2: Made me say hmmm, after knowing how much money we spent last minute for those tickets. But we had a great time, and we want to take your observations. Rich Oh, I want to take your observation on the parlay you had at the end of the game. You know what, I'm so aggravated, but before we even went to the game, I want to make one other observation. For all the people love college football, Our buddy Nico had one of those futures bets where he had like this team to win the championship and it all rides on arch manning Heisman, and we're like, dude, yesterday your bet was done because they were outclassed by Georgia.
Speaker 1: We watched that game.
Speaker 3: We were like, come on, let's see if arch Man he could do it and wasn't up. Peyton was there watch and it just yeah, it was not not a good Saturday for Texas.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it could have been a better Sunday for you if you didn't cash out on your parlay. I wanted to tell that story. My idiotic friend. We did a prop bet together. Yea, your idiotic friend who listens to Fox Sports Radio, Drew Mack from Nashville. Yeah, our idiotic friend, I said, let's do let's do like a fun prop bet together.
Speaker 1: We'll do We'll do like a five or six layer parlay.
Speaker 4: We'll do.
Speaker 3: Niners win Kittle anytime touchdown, McCaffrey anytime touchdown. It was Kittle like fifty or more yards and we needed McCaffrey just to hit seventy yards rushing. And in the fourth quarter the Niners started using Robinson more and you're like, oh, they're up by like double digits. We thought that they took McCaffrey out though it fell for a series where it's like, eh, McCaffrey's not really entering on many plays, like it's almost like they're gonna give the carries to Robinson. In the fourth quarter, it felt like the game was wrapped. Why put him back in in so in our buddies defense, So our buddy Drew's like, hey, man, our twenty dollars bet, you get a forty eight dollars cash out. Now on a cash out, presses the button when I tell you, he pushes the button. That is exactly when McCaffrey decides to bust open like a twenty yard run for a touchdown and would have sealed that prop bet. So just proving that you can never really win even when you do pick it, you don't you don't win.
Speaker 1: You don't win.
Speaker 2: You know what I took away from that too, though Party must be playing at one no dubt about it, because why wouldn't they have taken him out of the game at that point.
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't they have thrown a mac jones in there just.
Speaker 2: To protect Party because it was his debut and there might be a little roster. Maybe he is a little summer. He must be one hundred percent. They must be one hundred percent confident that he's one hundred percent for them to keep him in toward the end of that game.
Speaker 1: I was really surprised about that.
Speaker 3: Now, Covino, Danny G, Danbyer, I know it's only wrapping up week eleven and we're before you know, we'll be starting week twelve on Thursday. I know there's no prop bets that you can make going into week twelve, but I could promise you if you would have asked anyone from Dan Bayer to Danny G, to Dan Patrick, to Colin to stephen A, to any sports head in the world, would anyone have ever been able to predict who is at the top of each of the AFC divisions.
Speaker 1: I don't think you would have got one of them.
Speaker 3: Cavino, the Patriots, Steelers, Colts, and Broncos.
Speaker 9: Tell me are very Dan Bayer did get the Broncos before the show. Yeah, I'll get I'll give dB the Broncos, but good looking out. Sorry if I'm a Dan buyer guy, but I don't know buyer guy, that's true.
Speaker 3: But but Dan Byer, I mean you're you're watching closer than anyone doing your Sunday show and your podcasts and all that. The AFC is as unpredictable as anyone could have thought.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think you're You're right.
Speaker 6: And while someone would say, you know what, I think Mike Rabel's going to instill a new culture in New England, you're not doubled down and you know, getting double down and say and Shane Steichen and Daniel Jones turning around in indye like that's just not happening.
Speaker 4: It's take detections and move on.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: What I jokingly was like, man, I really believe it. Aaron Rodgers and I don't think I think the Ravens will catch them. But even when I joked about Aaron Rodgers, who does look old and tired, they still are in first place though, even though they don't look great. That was laughed at when I joked about that. So when I tell that AFC is is a little crazy compared.
Speaker 6: To what we all thought, yeah, I'll tell you the way that the Broncos have won, the way that the Chiefs have lost, just in that division, guys, you talk about the Chargers stinkers, I mean gosh, for all bat it was on Sunday. It was just as good Sunday night when they were dominating the Steelers a little more than a week ago. But you know that maybe a late, you know, the early kickoff on a Sunday for the Chargers caught up with them. I think the Steelers had, you know, a bone to pick with the Bengals so they can stay atop the division. But yeah, the division leaders are crazy. For lack of a better word, it's a really weird season.
Speaker 1: It really is.
Speaker 2: And Dan Byer, before we go to the phone calls, let's get your update, man, the great Dan Byer, what's.
Speaker 6: Up be you guys were talking about the college football action that you were watching on Saturday. There's some news in college football, and the big news is multiple reports are saying that Virginia Tech is hiring former Penn State head coach James Franklin Me to be the Hokies new head football coach. He takes over for Brent Pry who was fired in September. Oddly enough, Priye in his prior job from being the Virginia Tech head coach, was as the defensive coordinator for Penn State under James Franklin, but James Franklin going to Blacksburg, Virginia to be the new head football coach for Virginia Tech. The Athletics says that ole Miss is given head football coach Lane kiff In a deadline of November twenty eighth to decide if he will leave to take jobs at either Florida or LSU. Reports stated that Kiffin's family members toward Gainesville, Florida, yesterday and Baton Rouge, Louisiana today. The NFL suspended Bengals wide receiver Jamar Chase for one game for spinning on Steelers defensive back Jalen Ramsey during yesterday's game. Falcons quarterback Michael Pennock, Junior headed to IR could miss the rest of the season because of the knee injury suffered against the Panthers. Falcons are also going to be without Michael Penick excuse me, Drake London coming up in Week twelve against the New Orleans Saints. Jets are making a change at quarterback Torod Taylor's going to start Week twelve again. The Baltimore Ravens spur said our victor Webbin Yama's going to miss a few weeks guys, because of a calf strain. Memphis Grizzlies announced today that guard Jahn Moran suffered a Grade one right calf strain. He's going to miss at least two weeks and we could have the return of Lebron James yet to make his season debut. JJ Reddick, the Lakers head coach, today said TBD. And whether Lebron makes his season debut tomorrow against the Jazz. Lebron did practice today, guys, back to.
Speaker 1: You, Thank you, Dan Bayer. What a crazy sports world.
Speaker 3: We talked about all those AFC standings and then as the funny joke last week went, Lebron was playing in the G League and BRONI was starting for the Lakers. So I just sports are crazy, man. Reefs called that out and it's so true.
Speaker 2: And you mentioned win Bin Yama out maybe just playing extra defense on Draymond Green. I saw so many viral clips of them just going at it. Oh, that was such a great moment, right, just back.
Speaker 1: And forth and the pushing and shoving.
Speaker 2: So maybe some wear and tear from that series, but lots of observations from this weekend and Mo and Mitch and Rob and Frank and everybody on hold eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. We're gonna go to all your phone calls. We'll get to him next. Plus I have some more NFL Week eleven observations. All right, sweet, all right, we got more Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio stick around, Yeah CNR on FSR, you're heard that promo Covino the Hall of Fame Network.
Speaker 1: DP and Colin. We got Hall of Fame hair on Cavin on Rich. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to figure out, like where we fit in. Yeah, so anyway the hair, Yeah, I'll take the hair. But I'm wearing a hat on this Monday. It was a long weekend and it's rainy here in Los Angeles. It rained all freaking weekend here. So I was happy to be in Arizona. Rich and I fresh from Arizona. We watched we watched the forty nine ers win. As to say, we enjoyed those big cans. We enjoy those big cans over the weekend, those big cans of Arizona iced tea. There's still ninety nine cents. When in Rome, Bro, when in Arizona, you got to enjoy yourself. We had a blast man, So any observations you made hit us up at eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox as we wrap up something we call things that made you go hmm. We do it every Monday. I promised Moe and Mitch would get to the phone, calls Rich and whoever else wants to chime in, we get you involved ninety nine on Fox.
Speaker 1: MO what's up?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 4: So I just want to honously send a ra apology to rock Party because.
Speaker 1: When Daniel Doones was doing his thing, I kind of suggested that maybe he might be the right quarterback.
Speaker 7: But once again, after the performance yesterday, sincerely apologize.
Speaker 1: To Brock Party.
Speaker 3: You met Daniel Jones. Back Jones, not Daniel Jones, right, So yeah, I mean Mac Jones. They're saying is going to get a lot of looks in the offseason because they're saying the young quarterback class coming out of college isn't that strong. So Mac Jones could find a new home next year. But I think you saw party yesterday and we said it com youno, just a little sharper, a little uh, you know, a little more mobility in the pocket. And I know it was the Cardinals, but a good soft launcher party this season since he's hardly played right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it was a great debut for sure, or a great comeback.
Speaker 2: I should say, Yeah, Mitch in Jersey, you're on Covino and Rich what copping guys?
Speaker 1: Hey, buddy, what up?
Speaker 7: Sam Donald?
Speaker 1: I know you have points deceptions.
Speaker 2: He always won the games.
Speaker 5: He's a guy.
Speaker 9: Wish to Rays had had signed, they wouldn't be two and seven. But I want them to lose tonight and continue losing.
Speaker 8: Freanom and those the sweets. A lot of good quarterbacks coming.
Speaker 1: On this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, Danny, Danny g your your Raiders? Do you want them to win? Or do you want the better draft stock? At this juncture of the season, you know you're not making the playoffs. So are you just hoping, like you said, for maybe like a good game from Bowers or genty and just some promise.
Speaker 8: There was a headline this morning saying, did Tom Brady tip his pick for quarterback next season for the Raiders because he was praising CJ.
Speaker 4: Carr of Notre Dame. Yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 8: I've never been one of the kind of fans who subscribes to, oh, let's lose out and get a better draft position.
Speaker 4: You don't ever want your team to lose. It's a bad culture.
Speaker 3: Well, speaking of one of your team to lose, there was a point yesterday where I was like, is Mike McDaniel trying to lose his game for the Dolphins? You know, there's so many questionable calls, like why didn't they go for the field goal?
Speaker 2: Like is that an analytics call at that? I would imagine, right, Like why else would they do that? They ended up getting the win anyway, and they got lucky. But even the Eagles game, lots of questionable calls. I want to talk about that. But back to our caller and Sam Darnold. I don't know if you guys saw the quote from Seahawks linebacker Ernest Jones defending his QB Samarnold saying, if you got anything to say, quite quite frankly, f you it was cool to see him have Darnold's back in that moment in the press conference, and speaking of football and speaking of great quarterbacks, Bo Nicks pulled one out and that's time for our Tierrach play the day. Let's do that real quick. The Broncos won a close one over.
Speaker 5: The Chiefs snap placement kick on the way and it is good they don't block this one like last year in Kansas City. Yeah, on the final play of the game, the Denver Broncos have beaten the Kansas City Chiefs by a final score of twenty two to nineteen.
Speaker 2: The Kansas City Cheeks KOA eight fifty AM and nine to forty point one FM Broncos Radio, And that was our Tirach play the day.
Speaker 3: For over forty years, Tirerack's been helping customers find the right times for how, what and where they drive. Ship fast and free back by free Road has a protection with convene installation options like mobile tire installation, tire act dot Com the way tire buying should be and Covino. That last minute field goal, it's so symbolic of something that we're seeing in the NFL. Last year, what happened the Chiefs blocked the game winning kick and they went on to win. What we're seeing this year in the NFL is things go the opposite way for a couple teams that we thought were elite, the Chiefs. Every close game the Chiefs are in now, I feel like they're not getting to bounce, they're not getting the play.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they're both rich they're zero to five in one score games this season. Yeah, so last year they won twelve games by one.
Speaker 3: Score, and Cavino, you made Danny, we've been joking about it for years, saying that eventually the ball will not bounce their way, and we're seeing that with the Chiefs and with the Lions. Danny g oh for five on fourth down tries and what were they known for, like edging out close games because they were ballsy on fourth down And now you're seeing that backfire. So you're seeing, like you know in Vegas, when you see red or black come up a bunch of times around, you're like, the opposite is bound to happen, and we're seeing it this year.
Speaker 2: But on the flip side, what we're also seeing is things go the Broncos way, and props to them. They're nine to two now, right, So we also have to say, okay, well, maybe the Chiefs are just mediocre and guys like and teams like the Broncos have turned the corner, and props to them. So that's our tiract play of the day as we wrap up things that made you go hmmm. You mentioned questionable calls, Rich You mentioned that the Dolphins Lions Eagles too, oh for six on four downs total total oh for six game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and there was a passive appearance call that was a little bunk and it makes you wonder like, should there ever be a thought of I know we don't want to do passive apperance challenges, but under two minutes when it's such a game changing moment.
Speaker 1: Even Chris Chris Collinsworth was losing his mind on that.
Speaker 2: Call, and weave all the benefits, all right, So we'll wrap it up with your phone calls and feedback. Anything that made you go Week eleven, anything UFC, some boxing during the day overseas it was great. Like I mentioned before, Connor Benn with the rematch victory over Chris U Banks really great fight.
Speaker 1: UFC not so much.
Speaker 2: But any observations you made eight seven seven ninety nine one Fox and save that number because we also need you to call if you want to play Last one Standing. Yeah, we're gonna play Last one Standing next, So if you want in, now's the time. Eight seven seven nine nine one Fox, Last one Standing. It's our stressful, fun game we play every Monday. Just got to put your thinking cap on and you got a NERF Turbo football up for grab, So all next, last one standing, and a bunch more Cavino and rich So get involved.
Speaker 1: Let's go. It's Fox Sports Radio.