Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty Armstrong, and Jettie and no Hee Armstrong. And yet.
Speaker 2: The Big Beautiful Show is back live from Studio c Armstrong Ingetty compounds surrounded by razor wire and barking dogs to keep us protected. And today we're under the tutelage of our general manager.
Speaker 3: Ah C and Gee tanned, rested and ready back from vacation also well theoretically, And the poor people of Texas, good God.
Speaker 2: The flooding, what a horror. I'm tan, I'm way too tan. Probably be paying the price for that with skin doctors years from now. Uh ready, yes, very ready rested? No, definitely not rested.
Speaker 3: You are dark enough to get away with railing against white people in a public place and people thinking.
Speaker 1: Oh, I bet he's what is he on his pannica? You're very dark. I couldn't pull that off exactly. All you care about is white people. We white people. One people are thinking, hmm, I wonder what is he? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Uh he has no accent, I don't Uh. Yeah, I went too hard on vacation, as I usually do I go hard on vacations. I always have always, well it's this way I'm built. But I wore me and the kids out. We probably vacationed one to two days too long. Probably should have ended it just a dad earlier. It was a a I think, have we reached our maximum uh moment of three people being together, you know, all the time? Uh forty eight hours before we finished, I'd say, oh boy, you know, it sets a long time to do everything together all the time and work out where we're gonna go, where we were gonna eat, you know, blah blah, just everything you do on vacation.
Speaker 1: It was enough. It was enough by the end.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, have you thought about like scheduling it? Well, of course scheduling and take some of the fun out of him, but scheduling in you know, solo times. Isn't people go off and do their own thing for a while. Did you do that at all?
Speaker 2: One kid? I can, with the other kid I can't. So yeah, all right, yeah, so that's not really an option yet. I What we basically did is I would go with one kid and then the other one would take a break and I would go with the other kid. The one the person that never took a break was the oldest person, although I didn't notice. They can't keep up with me. I kept saying to him, I'm sixty. Why can't you guys keep up? My legs are tired. Yeah, well why why?
Speaker 1: Wow, it's because there's not in school anymore. There's no p in school anymore. Michael, You're right, absolutely.
Speaker 2: Right, it's because there's no pe in school anymore.
Speaker 1: That's exactly right. Michael's shaming your own children.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, we left the met where we probably stayed for too long in New York City. Ended up going to New York Off. Talk about that later. That was completely Wait a minute.
Speaker 1: Me, that's not in the South Florida pulled.
Speaker 2: A complete audible in the middle of vacation when we decided we were tired of being hot, and I booked flights to.
Speaker 1: New York and then we went to New York and did stuff there for a couple of days.
Speaker 2: But because that's the way I roll on vacation, everything's completely random in the seat of the pants, and I love it that way. But we are at the museum for probably too long. My sophomore in high school said, when I get older, I'm never going to a museum.
Speaker 3: Wow, it's like digging a ditch in the mid Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: It was like I was punishing them for some reason. Glad he had a good time, never going to a museum again. AnyWho are you rested?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, more or less? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And and and fed, good Lord of my fed, and watered, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: There was no shortage of excess over the week.
Speaker 3: It was big fun, very laid back by your standards, as we had folks in visiting, a folk and my daughter, so it was a lot of good family time, played golf, eight drank that sort of thing. I'm not going to say staycation, except in making clear that I'm not saying it, but I guess.
Speaker 1: That's what it was. I came back lighter than I left.
Speaker 2: That's how much walking we did, so I'm happy about that, even though there was a tremendous amount of eating. It was so freaking hot in Florida, good freaking God. And I know it was going to be in and kind of went down here on purpose because it's not near as crowded, but it was hot. We were in the Everglades, like, not very far from where Trump was for the whole unveiling of the Alligator Alcatraz, Like I was just not too many miles away, but it really disrupted traffic and everything. We did a fifteen mile bike ride through the Everglades in the heat, and that was that was pretty grueling. That was pretty grueling because it was ninety with seventy percent humidity, and it was just oppressive fifteen miles and Henry wanted to turn around. I called him weak, He got angry, and then he finished. So I consider that a win. I'm sure he'll be talking to therapist about that the rest of his life. But he went ahead and finished the fifteen mile ride. And he's not dead.
Speaker 3: He'll become some sort of superachieving navy seal type and he'll never stop hating you. All Right.
Speaker 2: We finished the fifteen miles, and I mean we were gassed, I mean just beat red and so tired, and there was no water on it. You could only the water he took, which we ran through very quickly. And but I got back and I was talking to the what are you a park ranger? Park rangers? And he said to one of the girls, I said, man, has anybody ever died on that? She said, yeah, last week a guy he had a heart attack and died. Okay, I just kind of kidding. But anyway, what are you gonna do. It's all lots of alligators. That alligator alcatraze. That's a good idea. They escaped from prison or I guess they're illegal immigrants. That's where housing illegal immigrant in the Everglades. And the idea is that if you try to escape, you'll be eaten by alligators. I don't know if that's cruel and unusual. I usually that unsad. It seems like it seems rude to actually say that out loud.
Speaker 3: We are going to accommodate you here while the paperwork is being processed, and we suggest you stay on campus.
Speaker 1: Enjoy your stay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would present it this way. People come from all over the world to vacation here the Everglades. I mean people a to come here. That's how desirable a spot we have put you. And by the way, I wouldn't try to leave.
Speaker 3: The place is surrounded by fifteen foot lizards will rip your head off. Just thought you'd want to know. Anyway, get comfy and enjoy your stack and.
Speaker 2: Bugs that are like from the prehistoric era, just like the size of a baseball, Like, what the hell is that thing?
Speaker 3: Cocker you could ride to town. I don't even know what the bugs were. I couldn't test saddle on that thing.
Speaker 2: Grasshoppers that should have you know, individual names and be able to vote.
Speaker 1: I mean they were like.
Speaker 3: Gee, you should have numbers on the back so the FAA can identify that exactly.
Speaker 1: Yes, AnyWho.
Speaker 2: I feel really bad that we missed out on a week of talking about the big, beautiful bills that passed, although we will get to talk about tariff switch kick in on Wednesday, so lucky us. Let's start the show officially before we get to some of the news of the day, some of it awful. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this that it is Monday, July seventh, the year twenty twenty five. Where Armstrong and getting We approve of this program.
Speaker 3: Let's leap into action then officially now, according to FCC rules, Regg's show starts at mark.
Speaker 4: The American Revolution is the most important event since the birth of Christ in all of world history.
Speaker 1: Love it. How was your fourth of July?
Speaker 2: Did you spend a little time thinking about the whole independence from Great Britain forming a new nation in a way that had never been done before. As ken Burns the documentarian, Just to point it out there, I just watched that whole interview that Ken Burns. He's got a documentary coming out in November about the revolution and the importance of it, and it was refreshingly old school boosterism for the idea of the United States of America and our creation and what we're trying to accomplish in a way that I haven't seen in twenty years.
Speaker 1: Wow. Color me slightly surprised.
Speaker 3: I know Ken has been a bit of a liberal, what an annoying one in recent years, but good for him.
Speaker 2: I've always loved his documentaries though, and I think I'm gonna talk about this more or later as it fits into my vacation and going around and seeing different things. I really really think that whole moment, that weird period that we have said needs to be named, that we all just live through is over.
Speaker 1: There's some cleaning up to.
Speaker 2: Do, plenty plenty of cleaning up to do, but it is over the fact that CBS had a fifteen minute interview with ken Burns about the founding of the country and that they talked about it.
Speaker 1: In all positive terms.
Speaker 2: Wow, as opposed to the sixteen nineteen project, which looked like it was going to rule the day a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's refreshing. Yeah.
Speaker 3: My concern is an obvious one, the generation of kids who were indoctrinated into this evil, awful idea that America is a force for badness and not goodness. They're going to have to work their way through the system, the system of governance and culture and the rest of it. I'm hoping we can sand off some of those edges because it's not their fault. It really isn't. The people we trusted to educate them perverted their minds.
Speaker 2: It is still just so incredibly annoying going to a ton of museums over vacation and museums. Now every plaque you read has got to include some sort of displaced people used to live here, or because of climate change, or Europeans came and wiped out the just every plaque has to have some sort of woke Western civilization is bad statement in it, and it's so flipping annoying.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I read that months and months ago that one of the top priorities Trump and company have to pursue to turn the culture around, or to continue to help it turn around, is to root out that sort of stuff at museums. Specifically, they were talking about the Smithsonian, which is just rife with that sort of garbage.
Speaker 1: And my final note on that.
Speaker 2: We were at the Museum of American Natural History, The American Museum of Natural History, one of the most famous museums in the world and famous for some movies that a lot of kids, including my kids, liked, The Night at the Museum and All the Things Come Alive, and those are great movies, but of course it included Robin Williams as Teddy Roosevelt on the horse the statue from in front of the museum rides in and Teddy Roosevelt runs the whole thing. Very charming movies, except for that statue of Teddy Roosevelt on the horse no longer exists, and I'd forgotten about that walking up to the museum.
Speaker 1: I hadn't been there since they took that statue down.
Speaker 2: And it's just nots It's just nuts that that actually happened.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, what a strange strange time. Keep fighting it. That infection is still there.
Speaker 3: I just read a we probably ought to take a break, but I just read an impassioned piece in Slate, that awful lefty website, talking about how Pennsylvania University of Pennsylvania, banning big announcement to what we're on vacation that gladden into my heart, banned dudes from competing in women's sports and rescinded all the records and apologized to the women who were abused.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: But this piece of Slate was arguing that that was a horrific thing to do. It was exactly the wrong thing to do, and we need to stand up more than ever for dudes pretending to be women.
Speaker 1: So that tell you what that thinking is not gone.
Speaker 2: Elon Musk wants to start a new party, and that could be pretty damned interesting because lord knows he's got the money to throw behind it. Among the many many things we're going to talk about since we're back, here's our text line four one five two nine five KFTC. That's giant piece of legislation passing is a pretty big deal, and we'll have to talk about that later.
Speaker 1: Whether we like it or not.
Speaker 3: I think it's a lot like life a lot of great stuff, a lot of pain, tragedy, suffering, occasional vomiting. It's a metaphor for life, Jack. Yeah, well maybe, but it's not. It's another step in that we're we're just broken the way we do things, just completely completely broken.
Speaker 1: That is correct, Yes, absolutely true.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, all right, let's figure out who's reporting what it's the lead story with Katie Green Katie Righty's starting.
Speaker 4: With the ABC News Texas flooding. At least eighty killed across the state.
Speaker 2: That is one of the worst stories I can remember hearing that whole thing.
Speaker 1: Just I think.
Speaker 3: We all asked how in the world could that happen in the modern world, And the answer is the river levels rose more rapidly than anyone has ever seen twenty because this freakish weather phenomena.
Speaker 2: Twenty five thirty feet in forty five minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's incomprehensible.
Speaker 2: You're banked along a river like my kid has done with boy Scouts or lots of camps have been throughout history, because Campania River is a thing and it starts raining and you think, holy crap, Well, in forty five minutes, thirty feet deeper and yeah, there's there's an awful lot of who's who. You know, what can be done to prevent this?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Sometimes bad things happen. That's horrible, horrible, horrible story.
Speaker 4: From the Washington Post, Trump posting net and Yahoo at the White House as US pushes for a ceasefire deal in Gaza.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this could be a very big deal. I would like to talk about that.
Speaker 3: I am as certain as I've been about anything that this is.
Speaker 1: This will not happen. It cannot happen. Really. Yeah, it's as I often say, the math just doesn't work.
Speaker 2: Even with the stick carrot and stick with the carrots out there of Saudi Arabia other countries signing on historic deals with Israel. They get all these Arab countries to sign on the historic agreements if you layoff Gaza.
Speaker 3: The only way it works is if Israel gets incredibly unprecedentedly strong assurances about keeping Hamas in check from now till the end of time.
Speaker 4: From the New York Times, Ukraine turns to fishing nets to catch Russian drones.
Speaker 1: Wow, I haven't heard this story off to read that. Yeah, that horror grinds on.
Speaker 4: By the way, Yeah, the photos are pretty amazing. They look like tunnels made out of these fishing nets, but the drones get all caught up in there. So that's how they're protecting roadways in transportation.
Speaker 2: Trump and Putin talked on the phone while we were gone. We'll have to get into that whole story.
Speaker 1: From USA Today train Wreck.
Speaker 4: Trump slams Musk after billionaire announces new.
Speaker 2: Political party, the American Party, as Elon.
Speaker 1: Says, we're gonna go broke. Something need to change. Both parties are doing it, which is right. More on that later from Box News.
Speaker 4: Red states consider quote Alligator Alcatraz spinoffs as White House urges them to follow DeSantis' lead.
Speaker 2: I feel like you can't have an Alligator Alcatraz in Kansas. I just feel like there's a problem there that's insurmountable.
Speaker 1: Call it Prairie Dog Levenworth, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I also think that this is getting at least thirty five percent extra coverage because people like saying alligator Alcatraz, no doubt.
Speaker 1: It is fun to say.
Speaker 4: From the Associated Press, lawyer says Diddy got standing ovation from inmates after court victory.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, why he's going to prison though?
Speaker 1: Right, he's still going to prison.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's he's still guilty of I think three of the charges.
Speaker 1: I believe a couple.
Speaker 3: It'll be interesting to see what he's sentenced to transporting. Wow, sex workers across state lines.
Speaker 1: How serious a crime is that these days?
Speaker 4: And finally, the Babylon b journalist up late trying to decide whether to compare Trump's bill to Jim Crow or the Holocaust.
Speaker 2: All right, right, we have to weigh in some of the punditry around that, which a lot of what's fairly flattering about just how dominant Trump is as a political force in the country right now.
Speaker 1: As a lame duck no less, it's pretty impressive. Yeah, it really is. We've got so much to get to. Hope you can stay here the Armstrong in Getty.
Speaker 4: Show, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: Not one Democrat voted for Trump as a big, beautiful bill.
Speaker 1: May two Republicans broke ranks.
Speaker 2: The top House Democrat delayed its passage by speaking.
Speaker 1: For a record setting a and a half hours. We're fighting hard to defend during this extraordinary moment of assault. All right, whatever directed at the American people, shut up.
Speaker 2: Yes, as a result of this one ugly bill.
Speaker 3: Got it so how we're going to get over the next election, or a fellow Republicans, let's assault the American people.
Speaker 1: They'll never see it coming.
Speaker 2: Cry and shame that we were gone vacation last week and didn't get to discuss the big, beautiful bill while it was all.
Speaker 1: Coming together in the voting and all that.
Speaker 2: But it did pass, and just some overarching views on the whole thing before we get to some of the details. First of all, I was listening to one of my favorite podcasts yesterday when we got back, and one of the reporters was talking about how you could walk around Capitol Hill and if you asked Republican Congress people who voted on this thing, maybe half of them could tell you five things that were in it. I mean, the people don't know for a variety of reasons. It's so giant, so complicated, comes together so fast, and things get yanked in and out and whatever, and it just becomes a tribal are you with us or against this thing at the end. And this isn't Trump didn't invent this. This is the way we've been doing it now for quite a few administrations. We do these two big to fail bills that have so much stuff in it that you gotta have in your party if your party holds power, that you end up voting for it. And and and you know, the president, the various presidents have figured that out. I guess you just make this giant giant. Yeah, but you'll be voting against the tax cuts for instance, right, funding the military, right cetera. Right, if you decide you don't like the part about this or the part about that. And uh, and that's just the way we've started doing things and and it's not gonna work. We're going broke quickly. I hate the national conversation we have around it. Almost almost every single thing you hear is either a flat out lie or at least a distortion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was the point I was about to make.
Speaker 3: The frustrating part of trying to comprehend this, whether you're a citizen or a congressman, is that there are wildly differing narratives about every single aspect of it, and there are about a million aspects of it. For instance, New York Times, you know, the minute it passed, had a very sincere looking woman on their front to, you know, at the top of their website explaining how it is this clearly benefits the rich.
Speaker 1: And the cost of the poor. It's a tragedy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, say, I'm glad you mentioned that the tax cuts part the starting list starting with and I always complain about it. Hey, Republicans work on pushing back. If you're on one of those Sunday shows and they start talking to you about tax cuts, say well, let's not call them tax cuts. Let's call them the tax rate. They've been the rate for eight years, So this isn't a tax cut. It's how long does something have to be the current rate right before? You're just extending the current tax rate and you call a tax cut. I mean, don't allow the left to always create the language that you then have to dance around. Okay, that that aside, Well, let me let me just add this to that thought, just very briefly. And if you can't make this argument, resign from public life. Yes, lower taxes help those who pay taxes more than those who don't pay taxes. I will concede that point.
Speaker 3: So the whole it helps the rich much more than the Well, of course, a quote unquote tax cut jackal yell at me.
Speaker 1: Of course, a tax cut helps people who pay more taxes.
Speaker 2: But doesn't that seem reasonable if it's been the rate for eight years, how long do you get to call it Trump's tax cuts before it's just the current tax rate.
Speaker 1: As long as it helps your partisan a jadas.
Speaker 2: But only on Fox yesterday, excuse me, only on Fox yesterday did Shannon Bream push back against one of the Democrats who said this is all about helping the rich. The tax cuts benefit the rich, and Shannon Breems said, well, the IRS's own data shows that a higher percentage of the tax cuts go to lower and middle class taxpayers. That's the IRS's own data. Well that may be true, but they had to go. But nobody else even pushed back on it on any other show. Did I ever see either the hosts or even the Republicans. They just sure so bad at baking the argument. That argument happened eight years ago. These were primarily they helped more lower middle class. Maybe against tax cuts, fine, but that you know, it's just a lie that it's for the rich, so.
Speaker 1: Please right right, Yeah, So.
Speaker 3: A very very brief digest of what's in this thing. It the legislation, which not a single Democrat voted for, of course, makes permanent twenty seventeen tax cuts, adds new temporary tax breaks for overtime income and tips, as well as for completely unworkable, idiotic, unworkable, a bad idea, pandering on the campaign trail in Nevada, purely but temporarily fulfilling that promised kind of sorta with some carve outs.
Speaker 1: It's just it's it's politics.
Speaker 3: A massive increase in funding for immigration, customs enforcement, slight increase in defense spending.
Speaker 1: Also major elements of the bill, the work.
Speaker 2: Requirements for welfare as I heard the shade and snap as I heard described.
Speaker 1: And this is the left is the crying. You know, millions of people will die in.
Speaker 2: The streets and all that sort of stuff because of this, even though it's a classic example of you start a program to help a certain group of people and then it grows over time and it's so far away from its initial what it was supposed to do you can't even recognize it. But you try to carve it back a little bit to what it was originally supposed to be. And you know, people scream and yell people that you know they're going to be dying in the streets, but it's not.
Speaker 1: I loved how the mainstream media.
Speaker 3: They in describing that, they would talk about the reform saying able bodied men, for instance, able bodied adults who are getting Medicaid, which was originally intended for something very different. They now have to work at least a little bit before they get other people's tax money. Right, But they would always say cuts to Medicaid, the program to provide medical care for the poor and helpless. Well, the poor and helpless are untouched by this reform, so we know what you're doing describing it that way. It was originally that, yeah, but it's grown, So that's an absolutely dishonest description of what Medicaid is.
Speaker 2: And the fact that it's gonna make able bodied men work now to get their benefit is a bit of a stretch, and it becomes just a are you willing to do the paperwork to pretend that you're looking for a job. If you are, you get to keep getting your benefits while you don't work. If you're too lazy to even go about filling out the paperwork where it makes it look like you're getting work and you don't. First of all, if your kids are under fourteen, you don't even have to try to get work. And if you volunteering counts as a work, so you can either work or be volunteering. So all you got to do is find any organization or person who's willing to sign a piece of paper that claims you're volunteering.
Speaker 1: So so much for the you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're running our neighborhood watch. Takes a lot of time, forty hours a week. I'm always not and I'm always watching, right. A few more details of this the reform of SNAP that's your food stamps, in an unholy deal with Satan who signed the deal in the blood of the innocent GOP Lawmakers from New York and California held out until they got the increase in the state and local tax deductions.
Speaker 1: The salt deductions up.
Speaker 3: To forty grand for the next five years, with some phaseouts if you're in more than half a million bucks. Defunds Planned Parenthood for one year, which is lovely. Yeah, they're gonna sue Planned parenthoods suing. Phases out green energy tax credits in spite of Republicans who enjoy that delicious pork screaming about it. Also slightly increases the child tax Credit, which you know, there's a history of that too. That's pretty interesting. It's a perfect example. We'll get into this later, but there's a plan for this new savings thing, the Mega Savings Plan for kids. The government will put in some seed money you can contribute to your kid's private investment account. It's not a bad idea at all, and it's a fairly you know, limited expenditure by the taxpayers at this point, but it is guaranteed to metastasize, guaranteed, and this lovely little idea for getting kids some seed money when they're born is going to become another giant entitlement program.
Speaker 2: So sure, And again, the overarching thing is probably the most important, that we're just continuing down the road of these giant bills that spend insane amounts of money, and they throw all this stuff together and the party that's in power enough people vote for it to push it through. I heard somebody describe it this way, and it's perfect. Coming off of vacation, you know, how you go on vacation. For some reason, you trick your brain into believing that money and calories don't count while you're on vacation, so you eat like you wouldn't normally eat, and you spend like you wouldn't normally spend. Then you get back home and it's like, all of a sudden, you're not going to just ninety bucks for this or whatever.
Speaker 1: Sure, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: I heard somebody explain, and I think it's what's happened. It started with Obama during the financial crisis of two thousand and eight, and that what seems tiny bill now seven hundred sum billion dollars that we all freaked out about and formed the tea party around. It's tiny compared to what we do now, but anyway, we started acting like that's normal.
Speaker 1: We started spending after that, all through the.
Speaker 2: COVID so Financial then COVID and then we just spend like you we're on vacation. It's like you come home for vacation and you lock in your vacation spending and just continue to spend like you're on vacation from that point forward. That's what we're doing. Is a federal government doesn't matter which party is in power. That's a great way to put it. I love that we've got to keep selling that idea. Speaking of you know, spending, eating and drinking on vacation. At one point on vacation, just a couple of days ago. We had homemade apple crisp lemon meringue pie and Judy's Banana split cake, which is a layer of Graham cracker crust with sugar and all cream cheese, then a pineapple, bananas, strawberries.
Speaker 1: Cool whip, etc. Top of just spectacular.
Speaker 3: We had all three of those desserts in the fridge at one time to be eaten morning, noon, and night.
Speaker 1: Man, that's awesome iak.
Speaker 3: For breakfast, never mind cake by the Ocean cake at eight am.
Speaker 2: I was in the Florida Keys for three four days. I had keelime pie four days in a row. Yes, and I actually got to the point where I just couldn't stomach the idea of it.
Speaker 1: I can't do it. I'm gonna vomit. And that's our country, he says, winding back to the main point of the segment.
Speaker 2: But fiscal conservatism, as we have been saying for quite a while, is completely dead.
Speaker 1: It does not exist as a concept in.
Speaker 2: Either party, which is why Elon claims he's going to start something called the America Party to resc us from rescue us from going bankrupt, which we are going to do. I mean, that's not like, that is not harm. SCAREM just trying to get people scared. Whatever, No, we are going to You can't spend more than you take in forever. It ends at some point.
Speaker 1: Right, agreed. I'm intrigued.
Speaker 3: And when Trump vanishes from the scene, what is the Republican Party?
Speaker 1: I think this idea is a non starter at all. Interesting.
Speaker 2: We got mailbag on the way, lots of stuff stay here.
Speaker 1: Maybe my favorite thing on vacation.
Speaker 2: Did you see the video I tweeted out of the guy balance and the tire on his head as he rode his bike around Washington Square Park.
Speaker 1: Missed it, but it sounds delightful. It is all. Have to talk about that later. It was amazing.
Speaker 2: You don't see that sort of thing. No every day, No, you don't. Right, here's your.
Speaker 1: Freedom loving quote of the day, in honor of.
Speaker 3: His ninety fifth birthday while we were on vacation, the great Thomas Sowell this week, maybe every day this month from my.
Speaker 1: Favorite thinkers of all time.
Speaker 3: Thomas could have been one of the founding Fathers except for the unfortunate state of race relations in the seventh but one of the wisest men who's ever strode the earth. In my opinion, here's today's free will having quote of the day. Some things are believed because they are demonstrably true, but many other things are believed simply because they have been asserted repeatedly, and repetition has been accepted as a substitute for evidence. People will just repeat the lie over and over and over again until you think it must be true. A man can decide he's a woman, for instance, what a ridiculous notion?
Speaker 1: Mailbag?
Speaker 3: I mean, you can decide that which certainly can't become one mail bag drops a note mail bag at Armstrong e Geeddy dot com. Kevin the Texas Marine welcoming us back. Thank you Kevin very much. He says that the very last show before vacation, when Jack is alright on vacation, thank you.
Speaker 1: I shouldn't have done that. That's why I'm so tired. That's fine.
Speaker 3: That may have been the best dowry of radio Oh. I have ever listened to a full hour with Tim Sandeffer talking about the revolution and the declaration of independence. Fantastic. I have listened three times to catch all the details.
Speaker 1: I will listen to that. I will listen to it again.
Speaker 3: That would be the twenty seventh June twenty seventh, Armstrong getting on demand the interview of Tim Sanderfforth terrific, just enjoyable. Thank you for the kind words, Kevin, And you know, part of the reason I'm enthusiastic about recommending that it's not just self aggrandizement to get our numbers up, but because I am firmly, practically, religiously convinced that we need to all go on the war path for liberty, for the United States, for the founding principles and the great, great nation that we're so privileged to be citizens of, with all of its flaws. Of course, we need to be positive about that, because we've let the forces of negativity own the battlefield for a very long time. Anyway, Having said that, Ryan from Houston points out that everything is political these days, including oh, what's That's the other one, isn't it? The for instance, the parliamentarian. Oh I'm sorry, it's funny I conflated two emails in my head. Powell's talking about how everything is political these days, including the Senate parliamentarian what the hell is that? Nobody heard? Nobody knew there was one, and now she's in the crosshairs. And also in the Scotis. You got Katanji Brown Jackson calling the Conservatives monsters, and Amy Cony Barrett yelling back her shame you don't know anything about the law of the Constitution.
Speaker 1: We'll get into the.
Speaker 3: Details of that high level cat fight later on in the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm glad you're up on that. I just saw some of the headlines that thought. Man, that's a Armstrong and Getty story right there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't wait to talk about it. Here's Ryan from Houston. He points out's a shame our country is doomed. First off, you got a vocal minority. You believes we're installing in cinegret incinerators at Alligator Alcatraz, taking immigrants into cargo planes and throwing them shackled into the oceans.
Speaker 1: They've alleged that online.
Speaker 3: Luckily, in the face of that most haymous war crime, all they want to do is TikTok about it. But with the massive spending bill once again causing the death of untold millions, we will not survive every news story being a def con one. Every day we had a decent run, he says. He's right, the never ending deaf con one. Let's see another Jay in San Jose has a couple of points to make. He says, what's a democratic socialist? Aren't these two different political ideologies? Are these people by political Do we need to add a letter? If we had time, I could get into death. You know what democratic socialism is. It's pretending to reject socialism, sure, but saying the heretofore recognized limits on government interference, taxation at all. We're going to wipe those away and just creep a little bit further and further and further and further and further. It's just to go up, you know, beyond the bounds that we all used to accept. And then the other point he makes is Trump's second term already seems too good to be true for him and his supporters, too consequential, too unique, especially for a second term, probably too transformational not to end in his tragic demise. I'm not in the business of wishing death on anyone except mosquitoes. But in history, the immense power Trump seems to be wielding has often been the beginning of the end. This doesn't seem like the kind of story that ends with Trump doing the YMCA from a wheelchair after he retires. Wow, it's a lighthearted way to say. Trump is so consequential they'll never stop coming for him.
Speaker 2: There is a long way to go in the second Trump term, though long while you got three and a half years left? Wait what No, and that seemed crazy, Let me check those. It just gets started. What anyway, We've got so many things to talk about, so many stories from vacation I can't wait to talk about. If you missed a segment, or now, or get the podcast subscribed to Armstrong in get He on demand, Armstrong and Getty