Speaker 1: Wow, Hey everybody, welcome to another edition of the Stardom Citam Show.
Speaker 2: We are with you every week to go over the column that Michael F.
Speaker 1: Florio rights that you can find at NFL dot com slash at NFL dot com slash start sit Uh. It's week two, man, Like I know you had like a ton of time to write week one. Have you found the rhythm? Now that here and we're in week two.
Speaker 3: I tried something new in cause this is, like you said, is the first week where I have to get it all done Sunday night and all Monday. So I used to try to be like, all right, let me write about quarterbacks and running backs on Sunday. But those are the positions that you need a lot of research to go into. So what I did instead, I spent a lot of time Sunday researching for the names I'm gonna pick, and then I just bang out defense and kickers. So cause I when I would get to let me tell you, Monday night rolls around and you're sitting there and they're like, okay, I've wrote about all these positions. Now I got to write about defense and kickers at like six pm on Monday night. It is the worst. So I was like, let me get that out of the way early and then I could focus on the rest. And I think this is going to be how I do it the rest of the week, because Monday night was much more enjoyable for me.
Speaker 1: It really does make you reevaluate your life choices when you're doing that sort of thing, especially on a Monday night. For sure, we are going to go through the quarterbacks, running backs, wide receivers, and tight ends that Florial suggests you start and sit this week, So let's start with the qbs.
Speaker 2: Who's up and who's down in Week two?
Speaker 3: Anthony Richardson at the Packers must start. I'm gonna stop writing about him because I'm just going to assume that everyone is playing him every single week. Jayden Daniels, I think is quickly going to get to that point as well. He gets the Giants this week. I'm going back for more with Jared Goff in a good matchup against the Bucks. I think Brock Purdy, who didn't have a good Fantasy game but played excellent football on Monday Night against the Vikings, is in play and one that I know you love, Marcus, and I think we could get you on board, maybe Lakwan if you're not already, but Baker Mayfield against the Lions, and then my sits Justin Herbert at the Panthers. I think it is a trap game. Caleb Williams at the Texans. I need to see it first. Same thing with Rogers and Kirk Cousins. I need to see it. I need to see that they look healthy and they could give up normal fantasy production. And then Deshaun Watson because he is awful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's pretty bad. I would talk about Baker Mayfield.
Speaker 1: I feel like I've talked about him so much this week, so I'm sort of gonna go against that one. Let's talk about Brock Perdy though, because uh, I mean, look, Lakwan, and I'm not picking on you to make you talk about a forty nine er on purpose again, but it is just it is just sort of a talking point right here, because look, Purdy was not fantasy wise, was not great in real football. He did everything the Niners asked him to. Yeah, do you feel better about him though, knowing he's got another week of Brandon Ayuk even if there's no Christian McCaffrey. Does having Brandon I you back from the weeks where to make you feel a little bit more confident in him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sure the rhythm is going to get there. You know, those guys are basically coming off the street playing you know, high electric football at a high pace. So it's like the frequency just wasn't there for Brandon at Uk and brock perty. I mean, the connection obviously wasn't connecting that one diving past the Iyuk had in the end zone. You know, those are the catches you make at practice if you were actually at camp. But it's one of those things like I look at the confidence and they have in Jordan Mason mmcmc's not back. I think this will be a matchup with the Blakns defense. He could literally, you know, put all the haters to bed. And I'm saying that as a Rams fan, but I'm just saying Brockberty is a great fantasy option.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: There's just a lot of the talks and buzz and fantasy streets that are kind of down on him as a fantasy quarterback. I compare him as like him and Jared Golf is like safe QB. You know, options to have him starting lineup, So you know, I think this will be a bounce back for that for that category there for rock Perty.
Speaker 1: I haven't hear the pain in his voice. I know, right, It's just it's just hurts.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking myself as I'm like saying, and they're like a doing that man like it's disgusting.
Speaker 1: I do have a roster with both brock Purdy and Jade and Daniels, and I'm already seeing this is gonna be a weekly problem for me trying to figure out what to do.
Speaker 3: Who are you playing.
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 1: It's pretty, but like that's subject to change, literally at any moment.
Speaker 2: It's pretty for the moment, it could change the other way. I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's a nick I have Daniels and Golf on a lot. I'm going Daniels this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I mean this is literally it could be. It could be a game time decision to see which one of these guys starts for me.
Speaker 1: So we'll say at the moment, uh, let's move one of the running backs, though, Floria, who do you like?
Speaker 2: Who do you not like?
Speaker 3: In Week two, James Connor because he is an RB one every time he steps on the field. As long as he's healthy, he is healthy. Kyler's healthy, RB one Tony Pollard who really dominated the volume last week. And I know people are like the Jets are a tough matchup. Jordan Mason just ran wild over them. So and the Jets struggled against their own last year a bit too. JK Dobbins against the Panthers must start. I think this week. I know it's only been one game. I don't care. They're playing the Panthers. And then Lakwan, you could celebrate on this one. Brian Robinson Junior.
Speaker 4: Podcast, when I'm surprised.
Speaker 3: Look, I put this on Twitter. My eyes I watched the game very closely. My eyes thought that Austin Eckler looked better. But usage is what matters, and the usage all went to Brian Robinson, so I got I gotta be objective. And then and then the six is a mere white. I'm petrified about his usage that we saw in week one, and I think if they're trailing, it's gonna be a lot of Alexander Madison, Javonte Williams against the Steelers. My guy Austin Eckler, unfortunately, until I I love this, until he got six opportunities, until we see him get more. I think he has to be set Chuba Hubbard. I would rather put him back on the waiver wire than it might starting. Yeah, he's gone, yeah, same in a couple of spots, and then Chase Brown not enough volume.
Speaker 4: I'm on the week.
Speaker 1: So I had somebody ask me, uh lakwan about you know, a d an ad drop thing. They said, can I move on from Javonte Williams because I have j Julia McLoughlin and I. It took my breath away, like, are we are we really ready to say goodbye to Javonte?
Speaker 4: No yet, No, I know I told you to let it go over the summer, but he looked fresh during camp, and honestly, it's way too early to even know what's going on with this backfield. I mean, Sean Payton was naming six different running backs in his press conference and praising them all, So I think right now it's one of those things you just have to sit tight, see who gets into rhythms, see who gets the hot end, and kind of just sit patient. I mean, I have a few with Javonte Williams. I got sold kind of on him towards the back end in August, so I definitely feel as though it's a little too early thinking about dropping to the waiver wire.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're talk about talking about naming all these these you're getting hit up by former Broncos running back Tatum Bell.
Speaker 2: I mean he might have got there.
Speaker 1: He might get some targets, bro, he might get some targets this week. If Sean Payton is talking up all these guys the way he has been, I just I really just was like, wait, why would I was like, why would you drop Javonte and not McLoughlin, And like, I just I know it's a debate right now, and I'm not ready. I'm just not ready after one game to declare that Javonte is dead.
Speaker 3: I had both of them on the scattered at our own rosters. I'm cool sitting then everywhere, But no way, I haven't even considered dropping them yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I just I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't do this unless you're in like a shallow, shallow league.
Speaker 1: I guess, I guess ten teams or less than maybe you can you can talk about it, but anything more than ten teams.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, to both those guys.
Speaker 1: At this point, people, Yeah, like I get week one, It's week one. Everybody wants to make like a big move, and I feel like this is a week one that this is a this is a week one that did not lend itself to big moves. There was no just one like you gotta have a guy off the waiver wire. There was no player that was like so super bad that you just gotta bail. Just this just felt like a week to like preach patients and then let's let's regroup and try to figure some things out for a week two.
Speaker 3: Last year, I remember like we we thought we had some answers in week one, and then like by week five, we were like, oh, week one was a complete mirage, So let's let's let it settle's.
Speaker 4: This goes for defenses too, Like there's a couple of defenses I'm not really worried about, Like it's week four dress rehearsial game week one.
Speaker 3: Basically the only team I'd be petrified about right now is the Rams.
Speaker 2: Dog shots fired. That one fired.
Speaker 1: Man, Okay, well we're gonna We're gonna take a quick break so that you know, Lakwan can can heal him. After that a little bit, we will come back and we will deal with some wide receivers and tight ends.
Speaker 2: Right after this on the Stardom Situm Show, taking a.
Speaker 1: Look at Florio's start tight ends for week two.
Speaker 2: Go uh wide receivers, wide receivers. What do I say?
Speaker 3: It's sweet too. We're still we're still working at Keenan Allen Texans uh Lookeena had elite usage and we won. He was the go to guy for Caleb, So in a game where I think they're trailing, I'm gonna trust him, my guy Jamison Williams, he is breaking out. The usage was elite. I understand we haven't seen a floor game yet. Even if the floor is low, the ceiling I think is high enough where you got to get him, especially in a matchup like this against the Bucks. Chris Godwin. I know you guys love him. I love him as well. This week he's playing more out of the slot. Had a productive Week one. The Lions struggled against slot receivers and then Malik Neighbors. I've spoke him up on a lot of different shows this week, but a great matchup against the Commanders. My sits Jayden Reid. It's not him, it's his quarterback. I think outside of Josh Jacobs, there's probably not a packer I feel comfortable with starting in week two Calvin Ridley. I know he could have had a huge Week one, but he didn't. Will Levis didn't connect with him. And it's more so the matchup, which regardless of which side he lines up on more because he bounces back and forth. Two elite corners Deontay Johnson against the Chargers. This is more for shallower leagues like I have Deontay in a lot of three wide receiver leagues with a flex. I'm playing him there Courtland Sutton elite volume in week one, very little production, and then the Steelers matchup really scares me and JSN he was used like it was last year all over again, so that had me very worried after one year.
Speaker 1: Uh LaQuan, I know you were big on i'mon Ross Saint Brown bouncing back this week. Obviously it was the Jamis and Williams show last week. Is there room for both these guys to succeed? Also factoring in that Sam Laporte has got to get his somewhere along the way.
Speaker 4: I'm not on the Jay Jameson Williams hype train only because the RAMS secondary is lacking discipline. It's very young and again, we had three dbs starting dvs on IR, So it's one of those situations like he had to get loose, he had to, you know, make the big splash plays, and like I feel like I did like what I did see out of him as a route runner, as a guy that could be across the middle guy and get the yards out there to catch. Like I just feel as though you have to really like look at him as a matchup play guy, like he will have to be going up against the secondary that's banged up or a completely trash defense. But if he doesn't do it this week, man, it's one of those things where it's like, Okay, well we just got to figure out when we could slide him in and slide him out.
Speaker 1: Paul's If if for whatever reason, that Amanro Saint Brown doesn't do it this week, there will be panic in the streets. There will be two weeks in a row of him. Member, there will be straight up panic in which by the DIP, I guess is my advice to you. I don't think it's gonna happen, but we'll see. But Jamis Williams really showed out in week one and it finally started to show up the promise that I think a lot of people had for him coming into the season.
Speaker 3: A Monro had a game last year three catches, twenty one yards. It was in the middle of the year. No one freaked out. He followed it up with like one hundred and twenty yards in a touchdown. Yeah, we know the talent there, that's the thing.
Speaker 2: It's there.
Speaker 4: We know they exists.
Speaker 3: Do you guys think so real?
Speaker 2: Quick? Like?
Speaker 3: I think the Lions probably were like, let's showcase Jamison Williams in Week one, So now the rest of the league has to have that in the back. I think coaches.
Speaker 2: Operate that way.
Speaker 1: No very well could be, especially because you don't see these like you don't you don't show that off in preseason anymore.
Speaker 2: So now week one is sort of the way we do that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's probably probably true. All right Now for real tight ends, start sit tight ends for week two?
Speaker 2: What do you got?
Speaker 3: I'm starting Isaiah likely because the usage was off the charts last week. But a lot of people and are like, does that mean I sit Mark Andrews. No, I think I think they coexist. They played two tight end sets, which when they're not in it, one of them is in the slot. They're going to be fine. Kyle Pitts, I think you continue to start this week. And then Brock Boers. I had him as a sit last week. I was worried because he missed a lot of time, but the usage was everything we were hoping for. And probably then some and then my sits. This one might be spicy, but I hated the usage for Evan Ingram.
Speaker 2: In week one.
Speaker 3: And the Browns are elite at shutting down tight ends, So taking a swing there, Dalton Schultz, coc Comet. They don't get enough volume behind the other wide receivers there. Pat Fryarmouth had twelve air yards I believe, like I have no interest in that. And then Taysom Hill, I know he had five carries. He also only ran five routes. The Saints use three tight ends. Starting Taysom Hill is hoping for a rushing touchdown.
Speaker 2: Starting Taysom Hill is.
Speaker 1: I compare it recently to it's like you know that sketchy Chinese food place down the street that leads menus on your door and finally you like you or you're like, you know, just give it a shot, right and like.
Speaker 2: Maybe it turns out to be good or maybe.
Speaker 1: You're like, we probably should have just got pizza, Like that's what Taysom Hill is like in your fantasy lineup.
Speaker 3: See, even when it's good, you're like, I don't know if I could trust this place again, right.
Speaker 1: Like it worked out this time, I don't know if it's gonna work out next time for sure. Once he Friarmouth on the Sitts gives me a sad because I did draft him in a few places and now I'm like, you know, kind of stuff starting him.
Speaker 4: I think we like we drafted him thinking Russell would start though, like yeah, with Justin Fielders is going to be.
Speaker 1: Starting, I didn't think field is going to be starting from week one, right, I figured we get at least a few weeks of Russell Wilson and that would kind of help integrate him into the offense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who knows.
Speaker 1: So we're all Lakwanner you on with brock Buyers because I've been on board for a little while.
Speaker 2: Now Florio's on board this week. How do you feel about brock Bauers.
Speaker 4: It's a big question mark for me. Man. I did like the usage last week, Like Florio said, I mean him and Michael Maher are going to be coexisting together. So on a week to week basis, I'm not too sure what it looks like, but let's head on to week two to see how it goes.
Speaker 2: Uh Yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think certainly game script works in his favor this week, but the way they move him around the formation slot out wide, Getzi seems to find a way to get his tight ends involved, and I was really pleased with what we saw in week one. I hope that it increases in terms of volume for him in week two.
Speaker 2: So there you go. That's our quick look at some of the start sets for the week.
Speaker 1: For the full in depth look at it, you can go to a fil dot com slash start sit our Florio post those every single week. In the meantime, don't do it for this edition of the Stardom Sidham Show. We enjoy and appreciate you hanging out with us. Enjoy week two, Enjoy the football. Hopefully it is a happy and prosperous for you on the fantasy side as well as the real football side.
Speaker 2: The meantime, Enjoy the weekend and we'll talk to you again real soon.