Speaker 1: Hey, guys, welcome to another episode of Eating While Broke. I'm your host, Colleen Witt, and today we have very special guest. Grammy Award winning producer sold over fifty million records, is.
Speaker 2: Probably over records.
Speaker 1: So rock Star producer rock Star is in the building.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 1: And self made? Self made, self made, self made to the max, to the max slept on floors. I've heard, I've heard the rumors. I'm so excited to have you in the building. And you're gonna have to feed me, of course, so what do you what are you gonna feed me?
Speaker 3: We're doing well my broke dish. Really this should be Eating while uh broke as hell if you want to add that as hell, because I was the ass hell part. It's unbelievable. But right now, this dish ray here is called ghetto cast role and it was the chicken top ramen mixed in with a turkey burger burger that I seasoned up, chopped up, put into the situation, mixed up and just changed the world with that guy me I'm talking about that had me full for you know, I'm talking about the whole day that pretty much was it to the point where people just started requesting, let me get some ghetto.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh you really named it that. That was like the coin name that you gave it back. I've never had ghetto cast role. I'm very I'm a hater of Ramen because we've taped over one hundred and twenty episodes and everybody, and I say even people be like I thought she hated ram I'm like, I can only block Ramen so much in a broke show.
Speaker 3: You know, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: But when I see a Ramen with a flair, I really believe that the individual was probably, like you said, broke as hell. Yeah, you know, you had it so many times that you had to up it. Go ahead, start off popping it off. And while you're in this kitchen cooking, I want you to take me back to what was going on when you was broke as hell?
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I mean there's just so many years of being broke as hell. Like, which part of being broke as hell did you want to have the conversation about, because you know, I mean, I come from absolutely nothing, so I was broke as hell the whole time.
Speaker 2: Where are you from originally?
Speaker 3: So I'm from like Los Angeles of course. So California. But I've lived all over South Central, all over Inglewood, all the trash this I'm like, yeah, but first you gotta like you gotta. If you don't do that, it don't even taste the same. But we're gonna put that over there, because that's what that's gonna be at. I lived all over South Central, Inglewood and all over LA everywhere in La all you know what I mean, and then also all over the valley too, you know what I mean. So yeah, yeah until that. My parents were married until I was about twelve and then they split. So right when I turned into a teenager and started going outside, it was yeah, I was dolo, okay.
Speaker 2: And then did you also always know you were going to get into music?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 3: Not really. I thought I was going to be an actor, which I ended up being on love and hip hop and different stuff. It's kind of a version of acting. But I started off, you know, coming out, you know, and like my my, my mom put me into acting and I was the stand up comedy champion at Lave Factory for like three years with Jamie Massada. So Jamie Masada, which was the left he put me in and I was young, but I was so good that him, Paul Rodriguez and all of them put me into the adult camp and I was like ten, so ten eleven, twelve, ten eleven, twelve, and like yeah, the beginning of thirteen, I was, I was, I was doing the stand up comedy. Okay, he as a kid, and then that got me into like some national commercials and a couple of tea Like I start figuring out, like dang, what's a Coogan account? And obviously being broke as hell. My parents were also broke as hell, so that Cougan account got cooganed, that got cooked.
Speaker 2: I thought that all that money was supposed to protect it. It is supposed to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't work because my dad had the same name as me, so he just absolutely mangled wopped my account. By time, whatever I had built was whenever I had built, it was saram bag. So I did all that work, but it was still a good experience, you know what I mean. So, yeah, there's a rap.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was it a shocker that you lost the money or did you kind of know it was going to disappear?
Speaker 3: Well? I know, I knew. I knew that I came from the type of appearance like I know what it was. You know what I'm saying. You know, when you grow up and you like, I'm probably not go never see this money. By the time I get to this money, now, I was hustling. I was already out in the streets hustling young. So like even when I was done out and I just was out there hustling dolo to the point where by the time I was like fourteen fifteen, I was like making so much money just doing different whatever I was doing. And then I was giving my mom money, and like they were separate. So I get my mom here, take some bands, and she like, how you got bands in you? Fourteen? And I'm handing her money. So I was like it was a little weird because I always was a hustler. I get straight to it. However, it go like ever since I was young, I was selling candy or selling this. You know, I go to ninety nine cent stores, go home, go to the school, sell sugar, Daddy, sell the sell that. So I was always doing something. I was always hustling. I'm the hustler, Like you come get me when it's time to hustle. We don't figure it out. Thus, years later, obviously multiple companies, and but but it came from you know, absolutely nothing. So but for like I I was doing good on the hustle, and then I started getting kicked out of the schools that I was hustling in, so then my money started dropping back down. Whatever, And there I was, I was, I was. I was cooking the ninety nine cent store. However that was happening different situations, said I was just going viral when be in here just saying I was doing anything. But we was doing all kinds of stuff. Then I get the bread, I get the can't do whatever situation was, and then we'd go run it up, run it up, run it up. However that happened, and then and I'd be selling it. It to be all profits, so I'd be making like one hundred something a day. Then I started baking. I'm like, damn, when I'm thinking about all the things I'm talking about hustling, this shit kind of self incriminated. When I started thinking about all this stuff I was doing, liked, am I supposed to break that down? Just know I was, because I was, I'm like, damgn. I started. I'm like, by the time I'm done, y'all be like dangn We should probably cut that out because I was doing all kinds of I was hustling, I was running plays, I was in licks. I was doing all kinds of stuff. And we don't want to go through all that. Don't even tell me aboutself, but I was. It was It was unusual. When I got sixteen, I was out the house, like my mom. They just I was moving around so much. They was like, you want to be grown. Shit hit the streets. So I was sleeping in the car. I bought it myself a car, started sleeping in a car. Like sixteen, I was hustling nobody. My mom and them didn't even know I had any talent besides the you know accomy. Yeah, because my sister, she was a singer and she like the first American idol, and so she they was on whatever she was on. I was just in the cut. Like I mean, obviously the way I look, I might have cut have been a supermodel or something. But if they wasn't thinking about that, it was like.
Speaker 2: Whatever the hell, Like your parents attention switched to her beause.
Speaker 3: Oh it's been I switched. It was always her. Yeah, she was always like the one and then she's super dope. That's my like that, that's my heart. She was always like just super anointed singing wise, and so she always had opportunities and different things going on. And yeah, I just so should I start cooking? Oh yeah, you gotta dump that in. But then we gotta get the season and so anyway you gotta throw a little season and so on there, because it ain't never been a black dish without seasoning.
Speaker 2: No, no, I'm about to.
Speaker 3: Say, what is this we're talking about? Oh but what was I saying?
Speaker 2: You were talking about your sister was annoyed?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was doing her thing right. She was, she was winning, She had like she she was doing a lot of she was doing amazing. She was winning. She won like, I think of three hundred thousand dollars on one show. And she's like her voice's next level, always been. And so they just was kind of on whatever she was on.
Speaker 2: And it was just the two of y'all. As far as family, I got four four siblings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's yeah, yeah, that's the gang. But yeah, you know they ain't. Nobody thought I was doing They thought I was the fuck up. They like this nigga is failing every class you know what I'm saying. They like outside in the streets, he just they just knocked this nigga out. He just went to jail. And then we heard these industry it's all kind of shit. I'm doing all kind of stuff when I was younger, so they like, dang, they like he he ain't dot. So nobody had faith in me. But you know, you know, I was kind of like always very good or a master at whatever it was I did. So, like the crump movement was heavy, so we were like the pioneers. I was like the main one of the main people out here who was in the mix like and kind of created that frequency. So I was like we were dancing, and dancing got me in a lot of different rooms too, just because I was always so good like flipping, tumbling, everything that just was super vicious at dancing. So you know, coming from Tommy to Clown into the crump movement and then it being you know, that's when b too, that's when like you got served in that type of stuff. It was just the biggest thing on earth to know how to crump, to know how to so I was like in the front of that. So when I was out in the streets, Da Dad, I'd be doing that. I'll be doing smack DVD rat battles. That was another thing. Like my bar game was always crazy. You know what I'm saying. I was smack DVD rat battles. I was running around with like Shug and them type of people early when I was fifteen, you know what I mean. Run He had me battling it. I was in the mix early, super early. And then you know, I just start honing in on everything and I just took it to the next level. I don't know it started there. And then one thing I've always done is been real tapped in with God, like he saved me. I think that's because I would have got mangled to a bunch of them times. But He saved me so many times just with I felt a lot of grace and favor and situations because the people around me was getting molly wopped. I'm talking about I'm telling you they was getting molly wopped.
Speaker 2: So you're so sixteen seventeen. So you're sixteen seventeen.
Speaker 1: What is going on in the So you're doing the dancing. You went from comedy slash hustling to dancing.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was always dancing even when I was a kid.
Speaker 2: There and you're still struggling. You're still like homeless, kind of sleeping in.
Speaker 3: Cars, yep, messed up, yep, running the doing a whole bunch of nothing, going from couch to couch to car. And then my car broke down on me one night, actually because I was trying to stay warm. I was sleeping the car and I was trying to you know, when you be sleeping the car and then you're like, damn, it's a cold ass night. You try and hit the gas to like, I was so sleepy from whatever it was I was doing that I had fell asleep up under this little thing and I had hit the gas and I was trying to warm up the car, and I fell asleep with the car with my foot on the gas, and I woke up in exhaust, like the whole car was in exhaust fumes, and the engine was just rocking left and right. Whoa, and I'm like dang, and somebody hit my window like boom boom, like yo, get out the car, bro get out the car, and so I jumped out. He like, bro, you just stayed in that car. You was gonna die. The car was going to explode. Are you crazy? Like what do you got going up? And so that was a moment where I ended up having to, you know, like call my I think I called my dad and he lived in San Diego the time, and I was like, yo, like, I know, I know, y'all ain't the ones. You know what I'm saying. I know I don't mess with y'all on this, that and the third like that, But I'm gonna have to It's either that or I'm gonna app I'm gonna like, I'm out the car now, so I'm gonna be on the street. So it's either that or I'm gonna be I'm about to have to go. I'm about to have to go level up like I was going. It was gonna turn into something else. I was gonna it was gonna go from the car to a next level. I was gonna go to the next level ship. So I'm like, I'm just telling you, like early why this is gonna be. So he was like all right, man like man like, my my wife is this and it's just come whatever. And then I went to San Diego. And from when I got to San Diego, I stayed there for a little bit like six months and then I was like, yo, let's get back to it. So I went back to it. But you know, I skipped you know who I skipped. When I was in high school, I used to stay on my boy, Ruben Cannon's couch, which is Nick Cannon's younger brother, and so I had that was my best friend, Ruben and his brother Nick Cannon, and so he was getting all that. Like Nick would just put them up because they came. And so they had little apartment in the middle of Hollywood was run down, but all of us, it was like seven of us in one bedroom. It was all in there. But Ruben really looked out for me when I was younger too, like just he was a solid. That was one of my solid hummies. But Ruben Cannon, Ruben Cannon is one of the ones I can't. I don't know about everybody else, but Ruben that's.
Speaker 2: One of the ones. But yeah, one of my favorites by the way, personally, Yeah.
Speaker 3: He's the one that's my brother, like for him different. So like you know, I always like super appreciated when anybody did anything for me, because nobody did nothing for me. So we can, you know, let me go and you gotta get to it. I don't know if y'all can see this, but you gotta throw that on there. It ain't even you gotta get it well because that's where the flavors start acting different, because you know, when you get to cooking stuff, it be I'm just telling you how my ghetto care thro I was doing something else. It was a different conversation. What was what was we said you.
Speaker 1: Was talking about before you ended up in San Diego. You was staying with Reuben.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all was staying with Ruby Yep, yep, yep as a young and I was. I was messed up early. So he was looking at when I was like fourteen.
Speaker 2: How did y'all know each other? You guys? Wood? Okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hollywood High and so you know, I went to performing arts schools because my mom and them. That's one thing I could be thankful for my mom and then put me in performing arts schools, which opened me up to plays, musicals, choir classes. So like most niggas in the hoods going to school revelopment, they choir class was a fade in the bathroom. My my, I'm just saying like that's where niggas day was you going to door. See you going to Chris, Are you going to you know what I'm saying, different joints. I was like the Hamilton's, the Hollywoods. It was still wicked. We'd be getting it. It'd be riots and aughty, we'd be getting in this. But at the same time, I was like, it was weird because you be in choir class with other gang members and others, you know, and we in quire classes quare clabs, but we really creating food blown everything, Like it's crazy because creation is creation for what you chose to do. If you're a creator and you next level, then you're gonna create on that level. So and we're always in competition.
Speaker 1: So so when you're in these classes with other gang members or rival gangs. Everybody was getting along during choir and all that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean because in school, it's like it's school, you know what I mean. You get into situations and you know, back then it was kind of like there was a green light on the Blacks from the eighteens at the time, so it was all kind of stuff going on. So we kind of was sticking together and everybody was just in the mix. It was because it was all kind of it was that's a long story, but anyway, you know, it was it was a lot. It was a lot going on. It was a lot of war work, but in terms of school, like dance, like choir, like different things that we was doing. Yeah, that was that was. Yeah, we was. We was in there going viral. Okay, yeah, we was in that going viral. I'm gonna we almost done with this. Ain't gonna lie Okay, they ain't never done.
Speaker 2: That's good because I'm hungry.
Speaker 3: No, it's actually crazy.
Speaker 1: Now you come back from San Diego. Yep, fast tracking now back to so you go back from San Diego.
Speaker 3: You're trying to figure out, well, where did you get rid of? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I'm like where is that?
Speaker 3: What? Yeah? I told you figure.
Speaker 1: I love hearing the story because you have these extra I want to say, adjectives.
Speaker 2: Is that the right word?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Okay, yeah, because it's action packed. You know what I'm saying. I was going through a lot, like I didn't you know when you when you when you coming from nothing. And this is why I always am with people who came from nothing, because we understand each other on a level that's just a little different. But I also running corporate of the highest level. But I also run in the lowest level because at the end of the day, it's like when you come from having no other option, it's serious. Yeah, I know, you know what I'm saying. It's like, just because somebody's in a higher neighborhood don't mean that they don't got no option but to run the play either. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. That's why you got white collar crimes, and that's why you got other Don't think it's just all about oh, because he got a rag on, he hard like, No, it's a lot of people come from nothing, even to Brazil favelas, to wherever you go. It's hoods, it's motherfuckers that's willing to go to the roof wherever you go. So I understood that early and I always related to whoever was should like what you want. But the smart hustlers, I hate dumb hustlers. I never hustled dumb. I would have been locked up.
Speaker 2: Can you break down a dumb hustler for me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, A dumb hustler is A dumb hustler is A dumb hustler is basically somebody who is always just hustling backwards. Like if you in and out of jail all day, you're hustling backwards, like your hustle is not planned out, Like where's your execution? Every last every last person around me been to prison, been to this, been to that, right, every last person around me been to prison like all my family, my brother did thirteen years, my other brother. Everybody's been. But at the end of the day, you know what I'm saying, it's about like dang, like they all got the same story, Like damn, I should have did that different. So if you're going to continue to do the same thing over and over and over and over and over, I need to drain this.
Speaker 2: Ship.
Speaker 3: Here. We're gonna figure out this one.
Speaker 2: We have. We have a way to drain it can well.
Speaker 3: Cut no, but no, we don't even need to. I'm not just this guy to.
Speaker 2: Be keen did with what if that splash? Is that gonna splash that you?
Speaker 3: Nah? Hell no, I'm doing drinking similarly.
Speaker 2: That's how you know you self made right.
Speaker 3: There right there, right there?
Speaker 2: We don't real quick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I ain't worried about that, but you know this needs to be cleaned anyway eventually.
Speaker 2: But you didn't put the seasonings in there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know it's about to Okay, let's.
Speaker 2: Not micro manage your cooking.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, that's what I'm saying. That's why I ford it out because I don't be liking the season and to.
Speaker 2: Be I'm talking about yeah, yeah, so that's what I do at my house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just kind of what's his name it was? When you drop that in there, I should have had you do the I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: You needed help in the kitchen.
Speaker 3: Me, Hell no, I don't need no help. I'll shoot me. I ain't. Look, I'll tell you called me. Okay, I should have went to the man. I should have went to culinary art school. Just your whole it's all cut of stuff going on. You throw this in there right there, you feel look at this.
Speaker 2: See I envisioned ghetto cast roles to be something.
Speaker 3: Different, did you? This is the positive It looks.
Speaker 2: It looks really fancy.
Speaker 3: No, I'm telling you, I used to cut up the turkey burger and throw this into that. If you eat that with that, you feel to be like this dude, rock did that? And then don't be using my recipe at home, because that's the whole point using this, and they're going to be they're going to be judging your recipe this way because they wanted to do this. I'm talking about what had me. You know what I'm saying, I've been doing this as niggas were drinking similar looks. Yeah, yes, I'm telling you. And then for me, I'm a spice idter threw some mohat sauce on top and did it up.
Speaker 2: Does it look this plated like this?
Speaker 3: This? Well?
Speaker 2: Does what look like does whenever you did it? Did it look like this when you would play it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, yeah I cut it up sometimes, but yeah, does it look well? It looked fancy.
Speaker 2: It looked kind fancy.
Speaker 3: If you I.
Speaker 2: Think if you added like a little bit of greenery or vegetable to it would have looked really fast.
Speaker 3: Like you're really trying to break down my looks a little.
Speaker 2: It looks nice. Okay, it's kind of fun. I haven't sold millions of records. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You never know. For me, this is listen, this is doing something. You gotta break down to what's his name into the West that you ain't got a knife if you break down a little.
Speaker 2: Piece Wait a minute, hold up, yeah, we need a knife for your cooking.
Speaker 3: Oh my Mama little, it's kind of crazy. I didn't want to do too much, but I didn't want to do too little. You know what I'm saying. When you do that, and you do that with that, and you just throw a little turkey up in there.
Speaker 2: Look at it. I love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's like something different because we didn't You didn't have time to get all the pasta and this and that and the third this was already its own made pasta. She was going on, m it's actually kind of crazy, right, it's.
Speaker 2: Good and you know what you're using that meat really well.
Speaker 3: What I'm trying to explain, I was trying to tell I don't even be like, I don't even want to tell nobody when I started telling people.
Speaker 2: Stuffy little soft, I don't like that, but I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 3: I was talking too much. You seasoned that meat like something's going on.
Speaker 2: You seasoned it. What I'm trying to that it's good hunt. That's what I'm trying to explain there, trying to tell.
Speaker 3: You it's th season. I'm telling you this right here. You was eating this after you did whatever you did and came back to this. That's what I'm trying to tell you thought you went to Ruth Cress.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie. You seasoned very well.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm telling you. You thought I went to you thought you went to Ruth Chris, but you went to Rocks Crest. I don't know that that was crazy. I ain't gonna lie that was nuts. But the punchline is the punch you are ol man. Yeah, I just came from eating That was the problem. To eat my whole wasn't not right now, it's gonna be unusual.
Speaker 2: I just what did you eat before this?
Speaker 3: I just came from ruth Crest. We just came from Ruth Christ That's the crazy part. I was like, damn, let's just go get some steak into and then it Now I got steak and all kind of his bomb. No, huh, I'm telling you, I know my own ship. That's what I'm saying. I'm mad. I'm not that hungry because it's been going too far.
Speaker 2: Is that you went from Ruth Chris to Eating this.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm screaming. But it's the same program. Actually, I like mine better. Really, man, what when I get to season some of that stuff be bland. I'll be paying five hundred dollars for something bland, just for the look.
Speaker 2: You know what you're missing out because this.
Speaker 3: This turkey burger is kind of doing something.
Speaker 2: It's doing something like like I feel better what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And then this one right here is even more seasons than that one. That's the crazy because I could smell it. I know what happened off the way that the edges is cout. I'm like, oh, like if I had to pick, and then I had to pick for myself, I had to pick.
Speaker 2: That one, right, Maybe the other side is like that.
Speaker 3: No, get a corner, Get a corner of that, and see what happens if you.
Speaker 2: Get that right already?
Speaker 3: Be like, what is that corner?
Speaker 2: This one looks more juicy.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm telling you you. I didn't even mean to do you like that, but I thought I was gonna be able to get all stuffed. Yep mm hmm. Yeah, that's what I'm yelling. That's what I'm telling you. Something else going on over here anyway.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 3: You can That's what I'm explaining. I'm gonna put together when I can put together. When I can put it together.
Speaker 2: What was the last time you had this I.
Speaker 3: Ain't made this in probably fifteen years.
Speaker 2: Fifteen years.
Speaker 3: This was like, this was a struggle meal.
Speaker 2: If we left up at seventy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, seventeen y all right, we're getting.
Speaker 2: Close to you becoming rich.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mam, we're getting there somewhere. Yeah. Yeah. I touched my first million at like twenty one. Oh am, I we're here now, okay, yeah, but I touched my first million like twenty one.
Speaker 1: I'm not skipping steps because your story is fun. So seventeen yep, you moved from San Diego.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm back and I'm back on the block. I'm back around here and I'm figuring it out pretty much. So like eighteen, I had eighteen, I had bumped into an investor. First of all, I was I was writing, like I was battle rapping and doing all that, and I was so popular with dance and I was getting a lot of popularity with dance in my space in San Diego. I had dropped the record called bat Box on my space, and when I tell you, it was the most popular. So I had like a million something blades. It was the most popular song. And I said, dang, these people really like my music. This is crazy, And so I was getting so much, not that people were dming me like yo, bro, that's fire, Like yo, bro, what's up? So basically this investor had DM me like yo, I got no Actually sorry, Mike Post. You know Mike Post he created Law and Order, the Law and Order Tell, the Lawn Order theme song, and all the music for Law and Order. He gets paid every three seconds. He's ridiculous. So so Mike Post is like, yo, like my other boy was actually at Mike's studio. He's like, yo, you should sit down on him. So I came over there. They gave me like like it was like yo, go ahead, like play what you got? I played it. I did like a whole performance thing, Da da da, and it was like yo, like you're the next There was no Drake obviously, there was just maybe a Chris, but there was no rapping, singing dance. Wasn't they like yo, like you next up? Like this is crazy, like what you need? Matter of fact. So he had an SSL studio with like other rooms. He was like listen, anytime, use my studio. You're good. So for me going, you know, in everybody closet to record you know what I'm saying. The bathrooms and I'm recording the most random places in the hood, just like wherever you got a mic, set it up. Like, so going from there to an SSL recording studio was a It just was a different frequency. So I'm like, because of my environment, I have to now adapt to this level of music. So that SSL made me change the way I approached records because I'm like, let me think a little harder now, you know what I'm saying. So I'm doing that, this and the third, and I'm writing crazy records and I'm rapping. I'm doing all this stuff. I was with this dude in Kira from London, which is which was my main producer. I actually assigned a production deal with him and Kira early was like he was a family friend from from my mom from way back, but he's from London, so his sound was European. He had like done Kylie Minogue and all these other people, so he was like, yo, rock, this is how we gonna approach it. It was always like some big sound in European, worldwide stuff. And then I'm like okay, and then he was like, Yo, there's this group called Lexington Bridge. The're number one in Germany. I'm gonna put you on there with them. So he put me in with this group and I ended up doing a verse and ended up having a number one record in Germany with these.
Speaker 2: Kids, You're doing a versus and rapping right, rapping, And I was like eighteen.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, dang, I'm sitting there and I'm going crazy. I'm like, this is nuts. This is the first time I ever But I didn't know what that meant. I just like that. And then so from there.
Speaker 2: Like now when you have the number one record, are you making money or you just know that you have I just know.
Speaker 3: I got number on raere. I didn't even know what it means.
Speaker 2: To have a number one record.
Speaker 3: I'm like nineteen right there in eighteen ninety. So then Tim and Bob, right, you know Tim and Bob. Tim and Bob like legendary producers like Jimmy jam and Terry Lewis like super like my real film now my next level brothers. These families different, But back then there was Tim and Bob. They created Bobby Volentino that they voice the me in Evolution and brought out to me in case and everybody from beyond they had it was like everything. So Dad came around and they were using my sister actually to do back all Jennifer Lopez's backgrounds at the time, and so one day, you know, my sister always was like my sister loved me, so she's always like yo, like I'm over here, da da da. And I came to drop her off something at the studio and she's like, oh, this is my brother. And they're like, damn, bro, you look kind of dope. You look out like a look like what you do? And I'm like, yo, rap da da da, And so I pressed play on something. They like, what the yo, man, what's up with here? So Tim and Bob set up a session. I actually got in the booth and while I was in the booth, he's like, yo, can you test the mic because Bobby Valentino for the comminges the mic. And so I started like singing or whatever, just to try and get whatever frequency they were trying to go. What even thinking about it? They was like, bro, your voice is dope. What the do you know how to write? So they forced me into writing like records. It was weird like at the time, like yo, just start yo, just start trying to write some stuff. And like two or three sessions later, I had already wrote like a hit and they're like, dude, this is like you're a writer, you're a singer, You're a and I'm like, dang, I just was transitioning into thing. I was morphing in the difference right away. I'm like, damn, am I singer? Am I writer? Because I was always rapping, battle rapping, hardcore always, and then so my pin was so crazy. It was like you put melodies over your pen, you're gonna be vicious. And so my sister was always a singer, so melodies was easy for me. So I'm like okay. And so Tony Mercedes, who signed TolC, had came one day and brought his artists and was like, yo, I got this artist. She's big in Australia. Write her a song. And I wrote her a song on the spot as a smash, and he gave me a check. The next day.
Speaker 2: It was like here, how much was the check?
Speaker 3: Seventy five hundred dollars and I'm like like, hold on, but he gave me the check. You're like just sign this and I'm like all right, well I'm signing, and it gave me seventy five dollars. I'm like, so one of them, who am I giving this to? He like this for you for writing a song every record. I was trying to get you ten, but they only agreed that. I'm like, so I got seventy five. Oh yeah, it's over.
Speaker 2: I know that.
Speaker 3: They're done. Everybody's done. Everybody's done. Nobody is going to breathe again with the writing. Y'all are done. They're handing out checks for writing hits. Everybody's done. All y'all are good. Don't even don't even pick up the pen no more unless you're extravagant. So from that day on, when I see that check, and I didn't have to do no gags, I have to do nothing. I have to hit no lick, I'd have to do no nothing. I'd have to jump through no windows, nothing, do no flock. I had to sell nothing. I was, I said, he just handed me this and all cash, and I don't have to do nothing. And I just had to do that. No, my mama, I was, Oh my god, I ain't look and as you. And obviously ever since then it got wicked, it got serious, and so I just started just becoming a guillotine with the pen, like I'm just sharp I'm just like everybody getting diced. So from then I just start cataloging. Oh y'all, hold on, y'all be buying records after that's all y'all want. So now I'm sitting there and then I'm finding friends. You know what I sing? Jump in the booth, sing what I'm singing? You know how to right? So then the engineers ain't moving fast enough for me, so I'm like, damn, I can't find an engineer. So now I'm in the back trying to figure out how the engineer. Okay, let me see how to record myself so I ain't got to worry about these things. So I figure it out. After some months, I put in hours and hours, and every day I'm trying to figure it out, and I'm going through, how do I tweet this? Put this EQ? What's this? I'm looking up? So I'm asking the engineers. They don't even want to rock. I'm in the middle of Okay, how do I put it a EQ on this? How do I make this sound better? How do I do this? So I'm getting the breakdown. It's crazy. I'm getting a breakdown. I'm like, damn, okay, cool. So from there now I'm now all the engineer a little bit. So then I'm sitting there and I'm writing. I'm like, damn, where the producers at. Ain't these niggas ain't not giving me enough material. I'm writing faster than the producers. You know what I'm saying. For real. I'm like, I'm now I'm cooking because my hustle. They gave me a check. It's done. I'm not gonna stop until i'm up. If I could stack these checks up to where i could be up all the way up and just be up man o my mom, and You're never gonna see nobody. It's done. So I'm out writing every day. I'm waking morning, noon, and night. I'm writing. And so now I'm like, okay, cool, I don't know. I can't find any producers, but garage man logic. I'm like, shop, let me figure it out. So now I'm on garage man making whack beats. I'm talking about super whack. I'm like boom. I'm like, oh, I can see what a mix on it. They gotta be crazy, It's all right, oh running back. So niggas is walking in and I'm pressing play and the other niggas in. They're like, yeah, we see, we can see, we can see kind of what's he doing? Right? Hey? And then Tim and Bob and all them and and Tricky Stewart and all that, they coming in and they pressing play on crazy. I'm like, damn, why shit is what? So now I'm like damn, Like hold on. So I'm now I got to sit here every day and figure out how to produce, and I'm making whack ass beats until finally i make a beat that's hot. Then I'm like, oh, I'm for real. Hey, look I'm telling you now I'm for real. I'm somebody else.
Speaker 2: Now it's hlarious.
Speaker 3: Man. I I'm doing. I'm doing all kind of I don't even know how to play, but I'm trying. I'm figuring it out. What this note? Go to this note? Okay? What about this note? That don't sound right? So now I'm playing everything my ear I'm creeping. So now I'm getting into it now. So now I'm like, okay, you know what, I'm selling records, But the records, it's now about the networking. You gotta run around and figure out how to get in people's faces. Like I got records over here, I got enough of a catalog. I probably made probably fifty sixty songs now and I'm able to press play.
Speaker 1: But like he's hearing it, you didn't try to go back to first due that roature to check for the seventy five.
Speaker 3: That was one check. He not finna just cut me. He did cut me a couple more checks, but he don't got an undern amount of checks. He got other producers that's bigger than me. Like he just gave me a Like Tony Mercedi's just looked out. He just looked out, like that's you know what you're young, Go ahead, I'll rock with you. And I did, and I showed him prove cut me to check. And Tony still my guy to this day. But he created TLC. Like he's saying, he was one of the early executives. So he always seen you know, we make no scrubs and stuff. You see you can see through like this dude, is he something? He got something so real? An R is always recognized like greatness in me when they've seen whatever was the hungry whatever it was. So so he just looked out. But I went to trying to find other Tony Mercedes, who else got it? Yeah, so I was hustling and then, like I said, your network is your network. So at the time, I only knew a couple of people, and I'm not I'm trying to figure out how to get further than where I'm at. So I'm like, dang, like, how do I get Maybe I need a manager. I need somebody. Yeah, because this ain't gonna work. I need somebody. So then I linked up with Chris Lighty.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: No, Rather Chris Lighty Chris Light's most legendary manager ever. He created fifty cent did divide him in water deal. He's Violate. He created a company called Violator. No he's dead. Yeah they died. No, No, it's all good. But that's my that was my that was my big bro. So he his situation was different because he created Violator, which he signed Buster to and fifty And that's where Mona Scott came from. And that's where all of them came. She worked for Violator, all of them. He had a hub of the Big Diddy. All of them was under Violator. Violator was the thing, Yo gotty, all of them was. When I got to Violator, they had already been them but yo, gotty was running around with Mike Lighty, and so Chris Lighty, Mike Lighty, Dave Lighty, Dave Lighty brought me. Yeah, they're all Lighties, but Dave Lighty brought me to Chris Lighty and Chris Lighty. When he see me, he was like, because at that point in time, I had walked in there and was like, what's up, bro, Yeah, I'm the greatest. I'm the greatest that ever lived. And he was like, what, who? I ain't even ever heard of you? Bro with you? And so he like, I said, who's your favorite rapper? He's telling me. I said, but I'm way better than them. Do you know what I'm saying? I'm way better than your favorite? He like, bro, God, hold on. He calls Chris Lady, everybody in the room, the whole office, and he goes, Okay, we're gonna see what you're into. He's like, he's laughing at me. Though I swear everybody knows that was around Tiffany, all the people that was around, he's laughing at me. Right, He's like, yo, like, okay, we're gonna see. And so I get up and I just start barring down the whole room and they're like, oh my god, what wal he like. So after I'm done, I'm like yeah. He like, hold on, man, yo, you are not. He like, hold on, man, you got song songs? Press play? So I play like five six of my craziest records. He like, you wrote these, that's you on it. He's like, okay, you know what? All right, y'all, y'all good? Are we good? All right? Everybody good? All right? Bruh. So at the time, I had went to New York to meet Chris Lighty, but I had set up a meeting with Mark Pitts, which is also my big bro, which was the president of the RCA Records. But he had by a storm and you know, he signed Chris Brown signs.
Speaker 2: How are you getting these contacts? You're like, just.
Speaker 3: Because because I was moving around. So I was in a studio and a dude named cast And how I got to Mark Pitts was a dude named casting kind of like was there with me. He was like early with me when I was just hustling in there singing making records all the time. And Caston was like, dude, you are ridiculous on the pen like yo, like you like you need to be, so he brought a dude named Kirk Lightburn to the studio that he was cool with, and Kirk Lightburn worked from Mark Pitts, and Kirk Lightburn heard me and was like, Yo, I need to get you to New York to meet Mark period. So they were scheduling it, and I scheduled Chris Lighty and Mark Pitts same in two days. And so when I told when I went and met with Mark Pitts and RCA, we had such a vibe. I was with him, we was locked in and him the whole off. He was like, Yo, let's let's lock it and let's get it. Were good you Buystorm And I went to Chris Lighti and Chris Lighty was like, I can't even let you leave. Bro.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say I would have never It was like, I can't.
Speaker 3: Even let you leave. He's like, honestly, I know where you went from, but you the biggest your next trust me, I know what it is. And I was like, I think I was twenty at the time. I'm like, I wouldn't old enough to drink. So I'm like I'm like, I'm like, all right, so what you want to do? He like well, well, how much you need or what do you not? How much? He said, what do you need? And I'm like, well right now, honestly, I just got this little apartment that joint kind of hitting. But I've been doing all cuntient. But I said, I'm finna go back and the home you gotta lick. Right now, I'm supposed to be up, Like if we hit this and get away with this, I'm gonna be up fifty thousand. You said that, yeah, but I'm telling them, really, what's happening. Yeah, I'm like, cause I'm like, but the home you gotta lick. But I'm like, I'm supposed to be writing this, and these niggas want me to come to Germany. I'm he like, listen, how much add up all your bills for the year. And I'm like all right, I'm sitting there. He like, do it now, and I'm sitting here and I'm adding up and I'm like, oh damn. I'm like, okay, I rent two thousand month, so that's already twenty four thy twelve months. And then this car I just got off this stupid ad. I got it from Statewide, which they give you that you know, state Wide, No they you ain't got no credit, but you want to flaws. You put down thirty percent and they'll give you a car. But they come in to repo at the day you missed one payment. It's unusual so anyway, because they repot it. So that's how I know. So I had this state wide joint and I'm like, dang, thirteen hundred a month, and I'm like, damn, I added that up. So tod, I'm like damn. After I started adding up, like I just need to get but I need to be fly, and then I needed I'm like, damn, my bill's like five thousand dollars a month. Bro. No, But I'm sitting there and I'm talking. I'm like in my head and I'm like, hey, bro, I ain't gonna lie all this, Okay. So whole time, I'm dating this girl, Genevieve Jackson right since I was, because I can't leave her out either because she was pivotal back then. She's Michael Jackson's niece, right, Jermaine's daughter, Randy's so like, I was also off and on, living in the Jackson House on haven Hurst real like I.
Speaker 2: Didn't have a spot to stay because they grew up on haven Hurst and Mensino with the giraffe and all that other that they grew up in that crazy mansion.
Speaker 3: And she was my girl since I was sixteen. So I was with her from sixteen to like twenty something, so twenty I think or twenty one, I don't know. We just got her like five years. But during this time, I was also living off and on at the Jackson House. Between my boy Shank's house and the Jackson House. So my best friend Shank, we all shocked up in this one bedroom over there. And then when it's getting bad over there, I'm going to my girl house. She got a mansion. I'm sleeping in the room Michael used to sleep in. No dead ass, this is my baby. This is my girl, like look Jennivier. So I'm playing scrabble with miss Jackson, like Dr Majesty ja'afar, her little brother, the whole family. We there. Janet's coming home to see her mom at random times, and this is where her grandma lived. She lived with her grandma, So that's Michael's mom, that's Janis mind as everybody. So I'm there and I was just like inside of the highest frequency. And then go to the hood and be in the hood. It's the weirdest. It was like where I was so catching frequencies from everywhere. So I can't leave her out either because she was she was also looking out back then in terms of like letting me stay there and whatever. Like she was solid back then. I can't just skip over her. But I also besides Ruben Cannon and I was everywhere, but that was one of the main places I was obviously because I was my girl, So it was what it was. But skip up. So I was with her and he was tripping off that like dang you with the jack like it was.
Speaker 2: A thing when you were wait, go back. So he asked you how much you made for a year? Yeah yeah, yeah, okay, So you end up telling it up and telling him, But how did he know that you were with her?
Speaker 3: That's what I was saying, because I actually took her out there. Yeah, I took.
Speaker 2: Her out there.
Speaker 3: So so so my boy let me stay at his house. Roger Mason, which was playing for the Knicks at the time. Roger Mason from the Knicks used to play for The King's Two. But Roger Mason was trying to get me to do his artist's project C. C. Cigar. So I'm like like, ooh, I could go out there. I can have these meetings. I could link with Roger figure out if I can get a check out of him. And so so I'm like, so Roger's like, yeah, you come, you and your girl come, y'all just stay. He had a penthouse over There's like, y'all got to stay here. I'm like, damn you know me, I'm like, oh, I got the oh, I got to New York. I was in the big house. I was in there and being at her in this tag like it's so it was up. That's one of my best friends. Still. Roger Mason's really won't so, you know, he was so anybody I met with him. I'm sitting there with him. I'm telling him like yo, He's like, damn you a Jackson. This is crazy, like all this other stuff. Right, So he's like, all right, cool, So how much five thousand a month for me? That was a lot for him. He didn't even remember that I even said five thousand a month. So he's like fivey twelve sixty. He's like, all right, cool, I'm gonna have you a check tomorrow for seventy thousand. After you get that check, I'm gonna you're gonna work that check back off. I will take it out of the money that I make you. And I'm like, hold on, bro, So you saying, if I saw if we do this management and everything right here, right here, right now, you fin the cut. I'm getting seventy thousand for you to manage me and go get make me some more money. And smo, do you believe in me that much? Were you thinking? I said, Bro, it's over. Signed with Chris Lighty, we locked in and it was like that was that was the first person to believe in me. Chris Lighty for real. And he was the one that was walking around all offices like rock star. He did so so so okay, all this confidence that you hear that right there don't really work in the music business unless you have accolades. I didn't have them, but I knew who I was. So when you're walking around and you know who you are, early, it's problems.
Speaker 2: But it wasn't.
Speaker 3: Now I heard because Kanye is like that too, but wasn't.
Speaker 2: But before he was Kanye, he was producer.
Speaker 3: For other people.
Speaker 2: But was he was He was always.
Speaker 3: Confident, but he wasn't on what I was going because the thing about him was I'm just saying, yeah, it was that I get like he is like like me and him would have been best friends, but he was like the way he was, he was still like up under whoever, like he was up under the rock or up under dame er, can you look out me? I'm finna go be, Dang, I'm finna go be. I'm finna go figure it out, like yeah, man light, he managed me, but he was setting me up to become me, you know what I'm saying. I was already walking in the buildings like, yeah, who's your biggest artist? All right, cool, I'll do the album, but this is how we're gonna do this, and they're like who is this? And Chris like, yo, he's next. I just told you. I put all y'all, then I put you on. I just told you he's next. And then they'd be like, oh a right, Chris, all right, well let's do So Chris was more like standing behind bullying like whatever. Like Chris was so solid that he was like rock, just talk your shit, just go off. So I was running through buildings going off like whatever, who is it? All right? What's the artist? Okay, this is trash. Let's redo this. But I was delivering, like when it was my time to shine. He'd come in and press play like I told y'all. Okay, So we was winning, and so I went and got an artist. You know, he'd be like, rock, you need the you gotta get in your mogul mode. All this genius put it on an artist. So I went and got this artist named Jude Claire Demors right out of Detroit. And I don't want to know Chris and the Cute. I actually caught her walking out of Chris and Cute's office Chris and Cute and was like, everybody's passing on this girl. And I looked at her and I'm like, this chick is like gorgeous. She was like she was like just she had a thing to her and I'm like, dang, you a star man. And she's like yeah, and she from the She's like from the bottom of the d Like she's like Foster Home like type. Her parents were running back, so she was like from the bottom. Like so, but she's a white girl. It's the weirdest thing. So she like that Tina Marine, you know, you never heard of her. Jude dem she ever seen Star She's on the show Star But but but but anyway, I knew, I knew. I knew she was a start early because when I see him like yo, and her voice was real dope, and I'm like, damn, that's crazy. So I grabbed Jude and I'm like, yo, just roll me, let me. I'm gonna sign you. I'm gonna do your project. We're gonna get you popping. And she's like, all right, let's do it. So she signed me. My well, my lawyer, Roger Patton was opening a lot of doors for me, my boy Kenny Lattimore, which was singing with my sister. Again. I know a lot of people from my sister too. Kenny Latimore introduced me to Roger Patton, my lawyer. To this day, I never changed. I stick to the code my lawyer to this day. I made him millions of dollars. She's still the same lawyer. Roger Patton linked me with a bunch of different people, but he did all the contracts. He was ideals. So I signed her. And when I signed her, I did her album and Chris was like, Yo, do her album, get it right. And I signed this other girl, Carolina Web which is like one of the greatest talents. She's ridiculous, like a rock chick like something, but anyway, like a paramour. But I signed her and her and I and when I signed her, He's like, do her album. Let's go do it. So I've been album I was. I was doing all kind of stuff like me and her was locked in finished her album. She was still on the bottom and I'm We're like, we're gonna run. So we So we walked into Jimmy Ivian's house, right and this is the first time I ever started seeing what was going on. So besides him giving me that seventy thousand dollars check, the other biggest check I got was was Roger Mason ended up giving me two hundred and twenty thousand dollars to do CC Cigars album. So now I'm up like two ninety now, my mam and me up to ninety. You don't want me to be up to ninety at that point, but I was doing it. Hey, look, I was like to night. When I looked at this, it was zeros in the account and it was legal man on my mama, you don't even want to talk to me. Talking to me was wild because I was just saying, I mean, what do you mean I'll fly out of here? Hey, look, I thought I was next year. It was I blew through the money so fast that my ankles on twisted. That's how fast I ran through the money. My ankles almost twisted. How fast I ran through the money. It was unusual. But I didn't even get there yet. Thank you for ruining that. But yeah, I absolutely ran through the money. And when I tell you, I never not ran through the money. It's mandatory that you run through the money. Though. A billionaire broke that down to me because I never understood why I kept blowing my money. That's a huge part that people have to realize. Why do you blow your money? Why? So a couple different mobuls taught me different things, but one billionaire told me, you know the reason you blowed through your money, Like you keep complaining because one time I went broke. This we're skipping up. You got me skipping up. One time I went broke right after I got all this money. One time I went broke. And when I was broke, I was sitting there and I'm telling him, like, bro I'm fucked up right now. You ain't got no projects like, just give me a bridge and I'm gonna get back on my feet. And he like, he like, listen, how much you I'm like give me, like I need like a core, I need like two hundred and fifty thousand. So he like, all right, listen, you keep looking real emo. And I don't like the way you're talking about yourself or the way you feeling, like the way you're I'm used to a different type of rock star. You gotta understand how the trajectory of money goes. And I'm like, what you mean? He said, listen, When I made five hundred thousand, I lost it. Then I made a million, I lost it. Then I made two million. I lost it until I got to a place where I made enough where I could fall on a cloud and I was still up there, and then I could keep going from there. He said, it's mandatory because you have to go low to go high. You gotta bend your knees to jumps gravity. If you don't go low, you're not gonna go high. So your trajectory even on a stock obviously, now me being publicly traded, a publicly traded company owner, and me being a stock me being who I today and a mogul and a different type of thing with tech, and I understand now how graphs and charts work. Back then, I didn't even know what he was talking about, but I did say, dang, you do gotta being your needs to jump. You gotta go lower to go higher. He's like, bro, you keep don't fold because you hit the ground. You should be rejoicing. You the type of dude you are. You think you're gonna stay here? Yeah? Right, I bet everything in my account you'll be rich in the year. And I'm like what damn. I'm like, okay, cool, And he didn't give me the money. He was like, I'm not gonna give you the money because you gotta go through the steps to go get the money. Go figure it out. Shit. And I'm like, damn, this nigga did all that and I didn't get nothing. This sucks. This nigga sucks. But at the end of the day, it was so true. I was like, yo, and I figured out how to maneuver and figure and everything. Every detail was mandatory for my next elevation, you know what I'm saying. So it's crazy, but anyway, that's not where I was at. You got me over here going broke and stuff like that. Where losing my money? Where was I at? No? I was somewhere else, is going brilliant?
Speaker 2: All right, Yo, you got your money from Chris lady up, you got the two hundred and twenty, and he was feeling yourself.
Speaker 3: I was doing as much as one person could do. I'll talk about So. Then I bump into Chris Brown, right, No, no, no, not yet, Chris Lighty, No no, no, Let's go back to June. That's where I was at so so so Claire Demos. I'm sitting there at Dinner album. We walk into Jimmy Ivin's house. Jimmy Ivien, me and Chris Lighty sit there and play the music and I'm in Jimmy house. I'm like, Jimmy made everybody. So I'm sitting there in Jimmy house and I'm like, yo, I'm nervous, but I'm like, shit, I just made the craziest album ever. I got Tina Marie right here, press play. And he's sitting there, Jimmy. He's like yeah with his hat, He's like, mansion is stupendous. I'm sitting here like this is cantankerous. I'm in this joint, like need me one of these, I'm saying. So anyway, yeah, it's unusual activity. So I'm in gim me. I mean, I'm sitting here, and I'm like, damn, this is crazy. So we present play and so he's sitting there and I'm she's nervous, so she ain't selling the records, so I get to selling the records for her. Damn. There, I'm in that mother like boo, I'm I'm sitting So he's now paying attention to what I'm doing. I'm lipping the words and this up then and then I'm here, so I just take because she ain't able to right now for some reason, she not being her. She's a star twenty four to seven, but something made her not deliver, and I said, damn, so I had to take the floor and I'm instead and I'm you know, as a producer. We still we made it. So we're sitting there and we know how to still deliver whatever's happening. And so he's sitting there, so he tells Chrisy goes, Okay, I like her, but he's the star, so what do you want to do with him? And so she so Chris Landy like, oh, Okay, well we'll figure it out. Let's talk and to that. So we get in the car and she starts crying, breaking it down. She acting like I did it something. So I'm like, damn. Like so that's another thing, managing artists and them whole. So I'm like damn. So I'm sitting here with her and I'm like, listen, you didn't sell it. Period.
Speaker 2: You said that to her?
Speaker 3: What me, I'm saying everything. I'm telling her you didn't sell it. We did all this and you didn't sell it. So that's not my fault. You're supposed to sell it. So me and her do all that, and she like, ah, it's a whole thing. So I tell Chris, I say, Chris, I need you to set something up. She don't feel good about herself right now. It feels like this is this, we got it. We gotta deliver. And Chris like, I'm gonna call La Red.
Speaker 2: I'm like, all right, do you leave Jimmy with the whole I want him?
Speaker 3: So he was see Chris started kind of like like, we'll circle back to Jimmy because he want to work with you. Because Jimmy signs Timberland's producers and doctor dres and forrels and that's what that's what Jimmy. Yeah, so he's met people like me show up. He like, oh, it's another to doctor Dry. That's why I come over. So he's on that type of vibe. But that's where he's thinking. But she's like, I'm still in the middle of I just completed this project and gave her all these promises. Claire. I got you out the hood, I got you you good. We're from Detroit. It's over. It's us, it's just me and you against the world. And Chris, let's get it done. I promised you you was gonna get signed. I know, nobody ever did it. I'm gonna do it for you. And I was, and I was stuck on it. So I told Chris right now, forget me, let's go to somebody. So he hit He hit La Reid. So we missed the flight to go meet La Red. So I'm like, oh my god. So I'm just in the airport with Claire. I'm losing it. Claire's like, Yo, this is crazy because I always miss every flight because I'm my My scheduling is try. So I missed the flight. She's looking at me like I've done, signed to the most incompetent. He's a genius, but he just what is he doing? So she's sitting here and she's like, she's a white girl, but she's a black woman. It's not a normal. Yeah, it's not She's not a normal. So she's sitting there like and I'm like, damn. I'm like, I just missed a flight. So Chris like, you missed a flight. So he cussing me out. So I'm like, damn. I'm like, so he like, listen, I set it up for a week later. Get here in a week, bro, if you miss this flight, don't talk to me for I'm not even talking to you no more. I'm like, damn. So I get on the flight. I'm domn there sleeping the airport. I'm in that the flight. I'm not the flight on Wednesday. I'm in there Tuesday. Like I'm in that joint right, I don't even care. So we get on that flight, made, we go to La re We go to La Reid's office. When we go to La Reid's office, I'm in there with this an r that was kind of like feeling Claire a little bit off what was going on, named Randy Rozano and so she was like kind of champion and like whatever you wanted. Like she was like, yo, when you go to La Reid, I'm gonna be in there like that was one of his main a and rs. She like, y'all, I'm gonna be with y'all. Like this is crazy, like I love it, and everybody respected Chris. So everybody's kind of like, yo, let's do it, like this is a thing. And so I took Claire. I'm like, listen before we go in here, you this is where Rihanna came from. You're Rihanna. This has to happen. Let's go like this is not a game. I'm not gonna be selling your sell yourself. Please, this is crazy. And she like I got this, don't worry about it. I got it. I'm like all right, cool. So we go up at La Reid's office and La Reid sitting there and he's like, no, da da, but see Claire's bad. So La read like he got the Rihanna's and the Pink singer. So when he sees something, he's like, so she walk in and she come in and da da da. He like, okay, go ahead, play it. But when you playing the song perform it. I'm like, oh my god. So I'm like, this is finnicky crazy already. I'm like, don't even know. But I'm like, oh, so clear, get up, and she'd kill it. She'd get to doing whatever they be doing when you do stuff. So she was cooking the records crazy and she in it, and she telling him, oh, this is she's singing the record and the record crazy sound like a new reality. And he like, all right, get y'all, go go ahead, and I get it. I get it. So he tells us I get it. In the middle of us doing this, She's like, I get it. Okay, y'all go ahead, go outside. Let's I'm gonna talk to Chris. I get it, Like I've seen enough. I'm like, damn. So we go outside and I'm sitting there. I'm like, damn, you blew it. I told you about this stupid ass dress you do on war and this probably would mess up. And she's like, man I did. So we in the in the lobby arguing about whatever the fuck because I'm thinking she I'm like, I don't even know. So then Chris Lighty and La Reed come out with the other n rs and they're like, all right, all right, do you want the deal. I'm like, what deal. They're like, listen, we're gonna go across the street to Lavo. We're gonna let the lawyers do the deal. We're giving her her record deal right now. Y'all not leaving until we signing it. And I'm like, huh, so me and her we it's up. So she started crying. We running around. It's that. I'm like, oh, it's up. So I'm like, damn. So I'm sitting there with her like, yo, I can't believe I just did this because I really manifested and created and it worked and we're here, and so they like, no, so I go. And that was my first seven hundred and fifty thousand so I sold. I was twenty one. I think I sold her for seven hundred. She signed to me. It's called fs O for the Services Up. So she signed on my production company, and she signed the Epic Records through me. So so I basically you leased the artist pretty much. Anyway. I got the check, bought her a brand new Rams Rover, gave her a check, got her out her apartment. She was living with her sister and her mom and it's like over there in the middle of Korea town and something crazy. It was like it was crazy, but got them their own spot. They moved into this house. And that was the first time I ever flipped. That was that was like my first legal brick. Like I like load, like I found a collect that was pretty much a Colombian connect and I just flipped the whole. All that's gone one load. I showed up and we got out of there safe and the gorillas didn't get us. That was the most money I had ever seen at the time, so I'm like, oh my god, and I just went broke. That was the thing. I lost all the money doing too much because I had just got all that. The second again, yeah yeah, definitely lost again. But but that too, I just was I was down there like two ninety I was down there like two and nine dollars. I was down I'll tell you all to you know where I was at. It was bad. But anyway, so I'm sitting there broke, busted and discussed in the office. Boom that check come through. It's another seven. I'm like, oh, I'm up now up So now I'm like, oh, so signed her there. That was the first time I ever went through having an artist and a major. That whole situation went far left. But we're not going to go into what that was because that was crazy. But you know that taught me a whole bunch of stuff there in terms of signing artist to majors and then the net. Let's keep skipping. The next big check was when I signed a label deal myself to Craig Calman. That was my first millions.
Speaker 2: Chris Oh, Chris Lighty, Chris Brown.
Speaker 3: That's where we're going, like watching a movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, literally, I can have popcorn right now.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, So Chris Lighty oh ye, okay, we gotta wrap this up. So Chris Lighty, this is the sick part about this. Chris Lighty dies out the blue, right out the blue. So I'm like, what the so they called me like Chris dead. I'm like, huh, Chris who Chris Lighty dead. I'm like, hold on, bro, what so I'm like what So I'm fucked off. My head is fucked I'm like, bro, So I'm calling Dave. I'm crying. I'm fucked up. I'm like, what is going on? So? This whole conspiracy is crazy? Ship. I'm like dude, what is going So once he once he died, all the vultures just fool. It got bad, right, It got bad right away because they already didn't like me. You understand, they didn't like me. They had to like me. Yeah, that's the thing. They had to like me because I pressed playing my speakers was smacking their stupid asses, and they had to like me because of who I was with, and it was hierarchy, so they couldn't do nothing about but like, all right, he's next. He guess he's the next Kanye like they had to, but they didn't want to and they didn't. So when he died, and my MoMA, one thing I remember I'll never forget. I walked into I snuck into the being my Awards and I walked into the being my Awards. And I'm gonna leave the exact name out of it because I liked the exact now, but back then it was the wick. It was the coldest shit I ever heard. And Nigga tell me so, I had already liked been trying to reach out to people afterwards, to do certain things, even trying to reach out to the label, and they didn't want to respond. And now they direct with my artists and I can't even get it.
Speaker 2: Jesus.
Speaker 3: So now the artists and all them is all best friends and I can't even nobody want to answer my calls. Now it's Rock who is Ain't no Chris, It's just Rock. So now I'm the little nigga again. I'm nobody again. So I'm sitting there and I'm like, damn, so I can't even get to the label. They taking my artists. She running around sessions and were about to drop. I don't know nothing about it. They doing whatever they want to do, and I'm trying to reach out to La Read and I can't get to them. None of them want to answer my call. So I'm like, man, it's crazy. So everybody kind of just blackball. It was like nobody was. It was like as soon as Chris, they was like, why would we answer the phone without Chris? This isn't making any sense right, So what happens is I'm like most people would have been like, damn, man, they ain't fuck with me. I'm done. But obviously lead that's when that confidence, like whatever God has for me, no man could stop. So I already knew, like y'all are trying to play me and just fueled me. Most people fold when they give that type of energy, they fold up. I get amped from it. It's like a big It's like the big that comes from me being in the streets the biggest dude hop out and oh what's up, and everybody like hey, backing up, and man, I don't want to I'm like, huh, I feel like now you think, now you think you want to show me. I'm finished try and do some amazing shit. So I want to show out. So I'm trying to do I always was that guy. I want to fight the biggest dude. I want to whatever. So I went after everybody pretty much in a nutshell in a different type of way. I'm like, I gotta play chess. They don't want to let me in the door. I'ma figure this out my throat. So I went to the b and my awards and wasn't nobody fucking with me. It was all what it was. And when I went to be in my awards, the dude, the executive, powerful executive, he sees me, he goes, yo, So how you being? I'm like, man, Ever since Chris Lighty died, Man, this industry just I'm seeing how fake it is. He's like, yeah, man, like Chris Lighty died, we didn't really want you in the building in the first place, Like we talked to you. He tells me, we didn't want you in the building in the first place. You you pretty much Chris barged his way in there with you, and we couldn't do nothing about it. But at the end of the day, he's gone. So I don't know what the hell you're gonna do now because I don't see it happening. But he'd been waiting to say this. This is how wicked he be on the low. They don't see it happening. But good luck, bro, and yeah, man, it's all good. This is a jew too, It's all good. I holler at you. I'm like, damn, I'm like I said, listen, I said, Chris Lighty is gone, and you think my career over. He's like, I don't think your career is over, but I just don't see what you're gonna do next. I said, well, first of all, what you gotta understand is this shit is in me on a scale. You haven't even you the fact that you just said that. I said, I guarantee you you'll be cutting me a check soon, but I'm gonna holler at you, so we'll want to shake his hand. So he like, uh so boom, So I go back. I tell I guarantee you you're gonna cut me a check soon. And that's saying nigga ended up cutting me multiple checks. But the crazy thing is crazy thing is they will try and blacklist you to the maximum capacity if they feel like they can't. The industry is so scandalous if they can get you out the way they will. They're all scary ass executives. None of them want to be taking risk and putting their job on the line for you. And so I ended up, you know, kind of like have to navigate my artists being took me, kind of running through my bread not having nothing going on into who brought me back to life Mark Pitts with Chris Brown. So after all of that, right, you understand, after all of that, I'm sitting there and I'm just like doing independent projects really like I gotta I'm hustling, and so I'm just doing independent projects. And so like I got a new girlfriend and she was signed the TI and I took her. And now they feel some time. It's crazy. So I'm already politic and all kind of stuff, right, it's crazy. I'm already in the mix. So I'm like, damn, like, I just keep running into roadblocks. So I'm sitting there and one day Chris Lighty, no Chris like Mark Pitts calls me and he goes, hey, you still make music. I'm like, what do I make? I said, Now, Mark, you know I'm the greatest that ever lived. Why would you call me and ask me? Am I still the greatest that ever lived? And he goes, you are nuts? He said, Yo, pull up on me, man, we're doing this Chris Brown camp, pull up on me. Let's see what we can get accomplished. Like, I'm gonna just see. So check this out. I had just gotten to a whole pretty much scuffle with Chris Brown's whole team in the club supper club the night before.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: So so I'm in. I'm in. This is how crazy it is because I'm in the club, so like, this is how I'm doing stuff. So I'm in the club supper club and all this stuff because this where all the stars is coming, Like everybody's there, all the big stars of the time, kept coming to supper club. Yanna be there, this person be there, and my boy Johnny Cruz, who I grew up with, was running the club. It's the biggest club in Hollywood. So I'm in there and I'm at the main table and he just like, just give me a thousand and give me. So I'm by bottles and I got bad, bitch. It's ridiculous. I got five, six, seven bad. So I'm walking in with seven eight bad bitches. And then they're like, damn, it's a good was this Hugh Hefner. I'm walking in So Chris Brown. This is the first time I ever interacted with him besides dance, because I met Chris Brown two times before, but it wasn't that type of experience. He came to the Jackson House. You can actually look up Chris Brown going to the Jackson House. I was there. He came to the Jackson House to meet the Jackson kids because he's always idolized Michael. First time I ever met Chris, but it was quick and it was some Jackson. He probably thought I was a Jackson kid, right. So I was in the I was in there like I was in there doing whatever they was doing. Hey, how are you. I think I was switching it all up. I don't even know whatever they was on. I was doing, yes, but hey, mister Brown, are you because they talk real polite about everything, could be cussing you out politely. So I'm sitting there with them on some like whole other. I we all in there. He's taking a picture and he's like in awe and he's stars struck and I'm in there and I'm like, yeah, I'm just blending in out and definitely the darkest one. And so anyway, so that happened, right. That was the first time I met him. Then I met him through Crump obviously, because he started to use Crump in everything, and so he would come to our Crump arenas Doun the Missus Obviously. Chris Brother was one of my best friends now right all these years later, but back then I didn't know. We didn't know each other. So he was sitting there and he was going through the Crump arenas, and he was like one of the only stars that would actually show up to the Crump sessions. So it'd be big Crump sessions with all these people doing its Crump anas, and he would show up in battle on stage, like all right, cool call out. So he would come with britty with me ho and then was like ops. So for me, I'm like, ooh, he come with the ops. So I'm bumping into him on a dance tip. It's still that, you know what I'm saying. It ain't so anyway, back to the club. So we in the club. I got all these bitches, No, we're doing all this. So one day he like, damn, his table over there was kind of dry. He like, yo, So I had a chick that looked like a bagging now, laters, unbelievable. I'm talking the next level, just an all pink star burst. And so he was sitting there. He was looking because Chris, you know, he if it's a bad bitch around, he don't even he like what's going. So I'm like, yo, see me. He look over and I don't even know. I'm like that. I'm like, so I sent him go go to his table. I don't even want you here. So I'm trying to.
Speaker 2: Like, see you want it.
Speaker 3: I did. It didn't matter anyone Politiican right now, these niggas ain't messing it. I was just like, yo, I'm trying to he's my we're the same age. So he looking at me like, who is this nigga with all this motion? Because who am I?
Speaker 2: So you send over the appetizer?
Speaker 3: I send over there? So he like, damn he said this type of frequency. So he over there. He like, okay, you kind of respect, like a little bit like, oh a nigga, send you a couple bad But you're like, okay, who why we ain't be gonna be best friends. But it's like so the next week, he don't come to the table, don't come to the club. But I come back to saying I'm back six Chames, hey, look, and then his crew come, what's you're all my niggas now? But back then it wasn't. So then I get there. I bought his table because they say he wasn't coming, so I bought his table. So they come to his table and they telling me like they telling me like, yo, that's our table. Really, the homie chick was the one pressing the line like this is my table. I'm like, just say your fucking table? Fuck you talking about I just cut to that. So I don't even know really that that's his niggas. His cousin is Keys and Autumn but we in it and we back and forth. So she like, so he's stepping up for his girl. I'm like, nigga woo. So we're now it's a whole fucking thing between me and my niggas. Him keeps all these other niggas, They're like ooh, So we get into it. I'm like, what they do? What I'm saying? You know, I'm gangbanging. So I'm doing this. I get right to I get right, I go right back to South Central. I get right back to that and mean what nigga wool? So I'm dripping and they like what nigga bo. So it's back and forth, and it's up because these niggas is Virginia, rowdy, burnt out niggas, and plus a couple other niggas like like Red. He had a couple of it, the hommy Red and a couple other niggas. It's a couple of buzz out here, different niggas. And he was sliding with and they was there and I'm I'm payd we on some show. It's up. So it's all kind of la shit going on. So after that, I'm like, whoah, all right, bet wool, and we don't bump into each other, nigga because they came and broke it off. I wold, nigga, we gonna wool, so we lead the club whatever. The next day, Mark Pitts calls me the next day, right, so I don't even not even thinking about nothing. So I go into the studio Glenn Wood, and I walk in. When I walk in, I walk by and all seven of them niggas is sitting there in the lobby looking at me like what the fuck? So when I walk up, they hop up, they like, what's up with this nigga? And I'm looking. I'm like, so I'm walking by this again, and Mark like he come meet me in a lobby like rock what up? So then they see Mark see me and they know he the executive, so they're like they kind of stop, like hold on, bro, like what the fuck? So they on some shit. I'm on some shit. I'm like yeah, So I tell Mark, I go in the back. I ain't say nothing to Mark. I ain't gonna lie. I ain't even tell him nothing. And he's still to this day he talk to Mark Bnzy always be like Yo, this nigga. He didn't even tell him nothing. He takes me back to room see and glen Wood and he tells me, all right, Rock, just try and create something. You know what I'm saying. We working on Chris, and just try and create something. And I'm like, all right, shit whatever. So I go in there and I start creating crazy shit, right. So the nigga come back in like twelve minutes later, and he like, why the fuck you didn't tell me you be beefing with these niggas. You got in a fight with these niggas. Yes, So Mark like, Rock, why you didn't tell me you got in a fight with these And I'm like, but I get to plan psychology. I'm like, so because I got something going on with somebody's friends or posse or homies that has something to do with an executive conversation. I just told, you know, Chris. Then I start bringing up Chris, like and did that. And then he like, listen, Rod, I'm gonna go in there and I'm gonna shut it down. Don't come out this room, and you just work, okay, And I don't got time, So I'm like all right. So I'm in the room, right and he don't come back for like six hours. So I do five records like, niggas do not even a song in a day. I did five of them, bitches. So he come back in the room and he's like, yo, you did you do anything. I'm like anything. So the group so my bands who is the engineer at the time who ended up being my engineer for the whole album after that, he was in there. He was like, Yo, this nigga just did five songs. He was like, five songs. Hell no, bro, I just did five song. He like, press play, So I press play on this record call up Down that you can google and actually see c B a first record. He actually cut him one. It's called up Down. I did this record, and he like this is crazy. He like, hold on, man, hold on, this is what I was trying to tell niggas. So he walk out the room and I'm like damn. So he go get Chris in room A and Chris come walking in with fifty niggas. Told me I'm talking about like fifty niggas, all the niggas. I got problems with the other niggas, the niggas that they was in there talking shit with ten at Davis seventh Streeter, all these niggas, right, So I'm like damn. So they come walking. They they're so thick that they can't even fit through the studio door. That's how many of them niggas. It was, and bitches. Everything they gave, everybody came because they're like, let's see you with this niggas. Ok So I press play. He marked like, hey, play that last song. So I don't even look at them niggas. I just turn around to the board and press play. And I'm like, you know that, and the way I'm getting off, like as a dancer, like the way I bob in the way I moved the shit. He was like, oh like it immediately, but the shit was banging, so he like, damn. So I turned like out the blue, like you know, like thirty seconds later, I'm playing, and that nigga back there like right, but the niggas behind him is like Dave was not with nothing I was talking about. So I'm like, damn. So he I see him, He like, hey, bro, when it come out, he like that's fight. He loaded up in the room. I'm like, oh okay, so he take the record, go load it up. And then when he loaded it up, he like, whoa, you come back? So I'm in there and Mark like just keep working. So it's like twelve o'clock and I'm instilled in there working. I did another like four records. I'm like, this is I don't give I'm out working everybody, nigga, I'm making hits. Fuck everybody, let's go. I'm looking shit loaded up, knock it out. I'm free styling records. That's how crazy I was going on these records. And then so he like he come back in Chris like by himself. He like, hey, come listen to this. So I'm like all right, So I go in the room, I go listen to the record. And when I'm listening to the record, I'm like damn. And so he played it. He like whoa, whoa. And now these nigga's in there bobbing because they was in there with him and they feel like they're part of it there. So now everybody fucking with it now. And then so I'm in there, I come in. They still got to stank attitude whatever, right, so so so so basically he was like, yo, I love this record. D So he told Mark Markers like I told you this nigga hot, and so he left you. When we was leaving, he was like I'm about to go home. But listen, bro, after I get off community service, like meet me here like like come tomorrow, bro. I'm like all right, for sure. Yeah, Chris tell me like come tomorrow. Yeah. He's like at the community service like come tomorrow. I'm like all right. Show. Oh so I tell Mark like, hey, Chris told me to come tomorrow. Should I come? He like, yeah, nigga, come, What the hell did you talk about? Come and stop blindsiding me. I sat there and had to put my neck in. Tina came over here and you to cuss me out about you. I'm like, damn. So from there, I came every day and every day I made hit records until I made Find China, and then it was bad. Then it was over. It's over, It's done. I mean crazily. I did executive produced the like I'm from then where no, But you know I went from executive produce. I went from that album. So after Find China see Find China, see, Chris was at a very different place. And this is why me being in at Jackson House changed my life. Because Find China changed my life. You understand what I'm saying. That was the biggest record and It changed the radio, and it made everybody think Michael Jackson had just died. It made everybody. Even Janet Jackson called and said, this is the closest thing I ever heard to my brother, I need whoever produced this album to come do my album, which is crazy because she didn't even know I was dating her niece. She even know it was me. So but that's a different story. But what I'm saying is fine. China was so massive and it hit so hard that everybody. Bruno Mars changed his sound. Everybody changed their sound and went to that. Bruno Mars went from beautiful girls to now everybody's in the eighties. I don't want no I'm like, oh, so all y'all want to bring basslines to the radio. I changed music guaranteed. So once Chris did find China. As a matter of fact, Timberland walked in the room and then me and Timberland was locked in for about four months straight. Timberland is the reason I did the stuff with Beyonce. With Beyonce flew me out to Jungle City and he brought me to at least get Timberland brought me to some different people because me and him was super locked in so but he came to the camp late after the album was damn, they're done, and he was like he heard find China, stopped the music and said, listen, this is the craziest shit. What the fuck is happening? Who did this? And they was like, oh, Chris and Allen was like that nigga. He was like, nigga, you are not normal. Oh for show they're like you. But at that time I was at I was in the camp, his friends, it became my best friends, his cousin, my cousin. We all together, We at the clubs together, were moving around. I played Autumn Leaves for Rihanna and she cried, oh he played at at least for Rihanna. She cried niggas like, I can't like. The records were so vicious that it was like people couldn't believe that niggas was creating this level of music. And that was my time to shine. That was my time to show the industry through the biggest artists in the world, that I was. And so that record Fine China changed everything because I went from that to executive producing this album. I did not I did. I did ten records on X on that album, and I named the album X with Diplo, Me, Diplo, Chris. We did the X, but we actually named the album X off this record that we did called X and it was life. That was life changing for me. That record changed my life. And then I went from that to doing j Lo's album, Fergie album, Usher, Rihann, everybody you could think of it just domino effect. Once they knew, oh he's him, and the executives can get around it no more. Once show artists are requested me, who did that? Well, who's the nigga that's always with Chris? Who's the nigga that just did that? Brought him? Because Chris Brown was in a place where nobody was trying to hear his shit no more. Yeah, there wasn't fucking with him. And then I said, well, why don't we do a Jackson record that is going to remind the world, like Michael Jackson was getting in bullshit every day, dude, whack old jack Oh this is this. But when he pressed play, oh, that ship went out the window. And we do a Michael record. And so when he did that, you know, he took a risk and he did the Michael record. They was right back on his dick.
Speaker 2: So now that we've gotten your full scope and your tipping points. Yeah, and I like that. I like that you got a little black listed in between. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Tried after that it became bad. They couldn't do it on.
Speaker 2: Now you've been a successful Now became my best friend. Yeah. Now they're all your best friends, know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all of those ones. That was all they was doing this. Who's on the phone, Oh yeah, tell him email me. They was doing that. Damn same niggas is hitting my line sixty dollars, my latist saying, is there can I get? Oh? Oh is this the same nigga that I didn't believe in me? Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm a link. Oh yeah, send them through. I'm dumb talking the niggas crazy too, don't get it twisted. I'm letting them. I'm reminding them that they didn't believe back then. But because I'm a scorpios, I can't. You can't forget. Yeah, you can't forget. I'm not gonna let you forget. But now I'll get over it. But you won't forget.
Speaker 2: I believe it. I'm very fair scorpios.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But now now that you're you're you're killing it in the music game. You're also tapping into the entrepreneur game.
Speaker 2: You're doing that. I guess we're not going to talk about your ar.
Speaker 3: About skipping up till now. Yeah. Well yeah, now we now we thirteen Grammys later, and we just want to build.
Speaker 2: No, thirteen thirteen. I thought I was fifteen.
Speaker 3: No, I was at eleven, and then we're up for three right now, Okay, a fourteen. Yeah, that's that's all what I'm saying. That's a hundred million records.
Speaker 2: We're here, We're here, yeah, right, over time. But I just want to make sure that I cover just kind of the today's standpoint, like what's going on with you? Now?
Speaker 3: We got rock.
Speaker 2: Wireless, Yeah, Rockstar Wireless, ros Star Wireless.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well yeah, because you got a transition. So making millions of dollars and becoming a mogul in music gets you to a place, right, And that made all my some of my best friends, like flow Rider and different people that support me. Me and floor Rider used to sleep on the floor at Davonte's swing studio. Yeah, if you talked to floor Rider and be like you used to sleep on the floor at Me and flow Rider used to sleep on the floor at Davonte's swing studio and we were sharing burgers and Sharon Fries and shit like that. He got discovered, went to Miami and I think signed a trick that year, one of them out the blue. But we was all there, broke, busted in discussion. This is why floor Rider is one of my best friends in the world. And it just killed that that ninety million dollar deal with Celsius and all that time heat. That's one of my best friends. I love floor Rider to death. But we came from the bottom together. But a lot of the people that I came up with and when I became a mogan whatever situate, they support me on a different scale because they've really seen what I went through to become something bigger and so tech. I've always been in a tech it was my passion forever. Like we won the CS Award for Most Innovative Technology in twenty thirteen for the dual screen cell phone. Me and my partner Darius Allen, which I partnered in Rockster Wireless with was creating cell phones, selling cell phones, tablets with the projectors, doing stuff that people couldn't do early, and so I stick to the same code I start with you, I'm finished, but still my partner in things that we do all day. I was doing tech since I figured that tech was what's next, Crypto was what's next. I had a million dollars in crypto. I had million dollars in bitcoin when bitcoin was two thousand dollars. My boy DA put me up on a play. I made million dollars in bitcoin early. So I was on plays everything tech early, and I was always in it, and I was just honing creating. And so that's how I kind of got into tech. Because music will make you a certain amount of money, but it's a gateway drug. And the problem is people stay in music forever. Catalog publishing all that. That's cool, but it's limited. I take that. I've used that gateway drug to get into a much bigger atmosphere, and I use the connections and the people I've built this world with to This is how beats By Dre becomes a four billion dollar company. You take Jimmy Iveen starts dabbling in tech, he takes the doctor dres and now here it's the influence of this. So Chris Brown one hundred and fifty six million followers on just one platform. If that's your people and he pushes a button, you now, even if it's just ten percent, you got fifteen million users on a platform, you could already sell the platform just off them users at one percent, one point five million users on a platform. So once I started to understand and extra strategies, how to do reverse mergers and the shell companies, how to do pink sheets, how to sit there and run stocks from the top to the bottom, how to really understand the crypto markets, the NFT markets, how to mint, how to understand floors, where Ethereum went, where this is it? Solana all the coins? How to go through different situations. I study things and once I started understanding where the money was, I started to create tech companies on a scale that's like okay, music, tech influence all in one situation. Then that's how I got Rockstar Wireless. Did it with the head of T Mobile, Dan Thigerson, Mike Seffert and all of them, and they came in, They're like, yo, we support we don't have any minority NB and os let's tag team. So we locked in with them. Did that, did the biggest deal. We're the only black owned cell phone company and that's worldwide, and we have better rates than everybody else. Yeah, rasing everybody now.
Speaker 2: And now we know that I'm going to get a second line. Oh yeah, get you a second oneless.
Speaker 3: As you know, Mint Mobile just sold for one point four billion. That's how Ryan got his one point four billion, as he would have had to do a lot of movies to get that. But you know that tech takes you somewhere else. I also have Trinity Social, which TikTok is going out of style and they're about to get banned. So we created a social media platform that encompasses all of the platforms into one platform. That's why it's called Trinity. It's like the Father, the son Hoole. It's like all of the things in one is the Trinity. And so it's called Trinity Social. And we have a version of Clubhouse in there, a version of OnlyFans in there. We have everything that Instagram gives you from feeds, you can monetize, go lot, everything all inside one social media app. And so that's next stuff as well as loaded right now in your app store, download Trinity Social. You'll love it if you're tired of paying however much you're paying, and people paying three four five hundred dollars on cell phone bills. You can come to Rockstar wireless we given nineteen ninety nine. Like, I don't know what you want to do. I don't know if you beat that I pay for it.
Speaker 2: Wh at coming to play my phone way too hot, So we gotta gotta go.
Speaker 3: And so I've been building heavy tech companies and running plays and now I'm kind of the bridge between tech companies and the music business. It's impossible to get to a Chris Brown, it's impossible to get to a Jennifer Lopez. It's and possible to get to a Fergie or a Prince Royce or even like certain basketball players certain and they're all my best friend. Like there's people I'm day to day with. So I bridge gaps between even other companies that I rock with, and we bridge gaps so that their companies can scale a lot faster than the traditional marketing of strategies, because that's really the new marketing strategy. Like influencers and so I have, you know, kind of ignorant amount of them, and so we go crazy and we're all friends, Like I only mess with people that I like, And so that's the whole situation, and I've just been scaling and just building from there. And that's how I you know, coming from nothing to something I saw that really happened. And when I tell somebody, I really was sleeping coming from nothing, that's something I really built it break by brick by brick by step.
Speaker 2: I think we just learned that just now. Hell Broke's head to lit to to really lit.
Speaker 1: So wealthy, I would say more wealthy.
Speaker 3: I'm still rich. I feel like I need to get to I'm getting to wealthy once I exit you know, two or three of these companies or even one of even one of them, Uh, you know, it's going to be a wealthy situation. But until then, I would say rich because you know, for me, uh, until you're nine ten figures, until you're in a one hundred million range, like ten figures. Yeah, I touched ten figures in terms of deals, but that's ten million, nine million. I know that's a million eleven minute. But you're talking about people are out here running around with billions and billions and hundreds of me. So it's like for me, I'm still I'm gonna get to where I need to get. I'm like I'm pushing buttons. You know what I'm saying on a different scale, And that's why I've set things up to make sure that the exit strategies are built. Do not build anything in your life and without an exit strategy, and that's how you set yourself up for failure. And when you learn how to build an exit strategy and anything it is, you don't want to be tied to something forever like that, get you know, unless it's now. I'm not talking about people, the girl, you know whatever, family, love and friends and that's different. But I'm talking about companies because they're stressful. You build them, do it, and then you let somebody become the machine and move and you either sit back and just get residuals forever, or you put it in a place where it's gone and you win and you can relax. It's about buying an island and you know, growing your own fruit, stuff like that. But yeah, you know, nothing is something is a real thing.
Speaker 1: For me, it is and well, I just want to thank you so much for cooking for me. Oh yeah, and probably hands down one of the best storytellers, most animated. I loved hearing your story and thank you so much for taking time out of your day of course to come down here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I appreciate you. I'm sycause oh yeah, I'm the AI goggles too.
Speaker 2: He got the A I got and I'm obsessed with as. So you know, I'm gonna be.
Speaker 3: We got a bunch of different stuff.
Speaker 1: Your I could be your test, the person that tests, because I'll keep it.
Speaker 3: But if you pass out, I don't know what to I'm just.
Speaker 2: You know, but I'm saying like I could be like the critical reviewer. I'll be like, I'll keep it all the way real, no filter.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna see. I just created a pet s D program through sound therapy through frequent ancient frequencies like war drums and waterfall and stuff. And I'll give you that and see how you feel after going through like the ptsd UH sound frequency. It's to to to calm like for really for the military, for people that are overseas, to calm their nerves when they're in the middle of Iraq. You can zone out and jump into you know or wherever you're at, jumping to a frequency therapy program that actually is a real therapeutic situation that's happening, and you can you know, select being wherever you want to be on a beach or you know, wherever. And it's real time, it's real, it's heavy, it's.
Speaker 2: Crazy to try it. And I'm gonna be a reviewer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, please be a hard reviewer.
Speaker 2: I'm going to be excited about it too.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And then the tech ain't gonna stop, so you just stay tuned. I got I'm coming up with a lot of stuff create please do Yeah, rock star follow me of course, rock star music R O C C S C A R music on everything.
Speaker 2: Then you heard it here first while Broke, peace out guys, Yes, yes sir.
Speaker 3: Please for more
Speaker 2: Eating While Broke from iHeartRadio and The Black Effect, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.