Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some of the stocks on the move today. Then in Europe, I'm Caroline Hepget alongside Value Titel and we have our Bloomberg Equities Report to Joe Easton with us things are looking up. And how for Bee Semiconductor.
Speaker 1: Why yeah, So B Semiconductor coming out with a statement today and it's Investor Day raising its long term revenue target to one point nine billion euros. So that's an annual forecast that they say they should be able to reach within a number of years. Now, previously they had only targeted one billion euros, so they're actually almost doubling that, and also their margins and some of their other financial targets a little bit stronger than expected. So this is the company that makes one of the comes that makes machines that are used to assemble chips on the production line. So it's kind of in the same bucket as ASML, but much smaller than the big rival over there. Also listed in appstaps, so the stock today up around seven percent of the moment, the biggest gain in many months for that firm, and analyst lifting all their targets for their revenue for the next few years.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, the one alysts pointing out that the targets and the financial model was previously targeting twenty twenty eight. In this one is an update and it's looking towards twenty thirty. But yeah, very interesting from that semiconductor maker Joe.
Speaker 2: It's summer and you're looking at airlines, but not for holiday reasons.
Speaker 1: What's going on? Yeah, so airlines this is a week sector today. So we saw a drop down in US names yesterday, so American, United, Delta, all of those shares were kind of down around five percent of the closure training. Now in the inflation numbers that we got yesterday from the US, there was actually weakness specifically in airline fest airline fes decline for a fourth straight month, and we saw the stocks i say, in the US falling, and we've sent a feed through into the European name. So it's a lot of the companies that are exposed to transatlantic travel, so IAG British Airways, also Air France and also Leftands at LHA the tickle on that one. So those stocks declining today, some of those down around three percent. But also the jump up in oil prices that we've seen on a two day basis, so oil slightly low this morning, but on a two day basis still up around three and a half percent. So therefore that feeds through into worries about jet full prices, jet fuel prices and therefore costs, So the kind of a double hit. But really the weak affairs is kind of the big headline out of that.
Speaker 3: Okay, interesting, and it looks like every little helps, and it comes to Tesco.
Speaker 1: Yes, maybe the club card price on the stock today, so Tesco is actually two percent higher today, so the kind of joke doesn't work so well there. But the company reporting a five percent gain in like for like sale, so the market was only or analysts we're only looking for around four percent gain on the last quarter. And this is reassuring because we did get some profit warnings out of the sector a few months ago, notably from ASDA, the privately held rival. We got a warning from them back in March saying that there's so much competition and discounting in the sector in UK grosses at the moment, which obviously it will be good for all of US consumers, but not for the company. So this is reassuring from Tesco today, saying that their sales actually looking pretty strong, beating expectations. They do caution on a competitive environment in the statement, but the stock gaining two percent on a bit of relief. Tsco currently up around one point five percent given the boost from their sales.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, Apple car Play, and Android Atto with the Bloomberg Business app. Mm hmm