Speaker 1: That's what's good. Family hits Your girl Tamika D. Mallory and it.
Speaker 2: Is your boy might sell in the general and we.
Speaker 3: Are your host of up not Street Politicians, but T and my new name, New Year, New Energy.
Speaker 1: Same us, same us.
Speaker 3: But we have decided to rebrand after six years of Street Politicians, which is a name.
Speaker 1: That I love that we created. You might have been the one to come up.
Speaker 2: I mean pretty much, you know I do.
Speaker 3: That's always come up with the best titles for the moment. And at the time, Street Politicians was so so important to us because really during that time six years ago, seven years ago, when we first started talking about it, so many people were like, I don't be thinking about politics.
Speaker 1: I ain't into that.
Speaker 3: Like everywhere we traveled around the country, it was like politic was like, Oh, that's somebody else's thing, that's someone else's business. And we did a lot of work over these six years, not just with the podcast, but with our work through Until Freedom and just on the ground or in communities in general to really get people to start thinking more about politics.
Speaker 1: And now it's oversaturated. Even though some people still don't feel politics.
Speaker 3: Is their thing or their business, but I do think that more people are engaged and more people are knowledgeable about what's happening in the political space right.
Speaker 4: And I think also, you know, even though people are definitely more knowledgeable about politics, we just didn't want to just seem like that's what was our main focus. And we understood that our communities need more information than politicians and politics. You know, I feel like everything is politics, right, but a lot of people failed to inform, you know, So we wanted to make our show by informing our community about you being able to bring people, artists, everything that we actually respect that can give you a perspective that can help you grow and evolve to different places.
Speaker 2: So that's what we're not just you, but need.
Speaker 1: Too well help us all we intend to.
Speaker 3: And I think our show, our podcast has always been about us learning as we try to teach, as you.
Speaker 1: Know, we're being and we're all being informed together. Uh And so tm.
Speaker 4: I that is good. That gives us a good segue to explain what the name is. It's not what it sounds like. It's not too much.
Speaker 1: Information, although sometimes sometimes we.
Speaker 4: Talk about tm I given too much information, but it's actually just our names Tamika and Mice on information.
Speaker 2: We give you information. We'll bring people here to give you information.
Speaker 4: So we want you to be prepared and ready to be informed.
Speaker 1: Right, So t M I is beginning. We're we're just back now.
Speaker 3: We've been sort of on working on all the rebranded. I know, folks are like what happened? Like where are they? But we're still with the Black Effect Podcast Network. The whole family and all of our siblings in the podcast network is so many podcasts. First of all, the Black Effect Podcast Network is doing amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing. They actually sent us some jackets Jacket and then you know, so the network is doing well, growing every day.
Speaker 1: I see so many new shows have been added.
Speaker 3: I think Sarah Jakes is going to be one of the new podcasts coming into the family. And so you know, just that is already great. And then our long standing relationship with the first people who believed in us, which is Catscape Productions, our dear sister Kathleen Trag and also oh janis over here who's.
Speaker 1: Always posing it down, our producer, and so you know, we.
Speaker 3: Our family hasn't changed and we have grown in so many ways together when we first started, like going back to those old beginning shows.
Speaker 1: But you and I used to.
Speaker 2: Argue, we still we still don't always agree.
Speaker 1: No, we still that changed now, but.
Speaker 4: We're gonna give you our perspectives and our point of views even when we disagree, so that you can make your own judgment about who's right and who's wrong, because I'm usually writing, she's usual right whatever.
Speaker 3: But you know, but and I think now in this society, with all the stuff that's happening, we've begun to agree more than we used to. I mean, I think there's always still a perspective and something we want to It's so many shows, podcast blogs, talk whatever they are, youtubes that have really been designed to try to divide men and women, and particularly black men and black women.
Speaker 2: And I don't know.
Speaker 1: If it's if it's intentional or they just have found that over time it becomes lucrative.
Speaker 3: Like you, the more conflict you have, the better you know ratings.
Speaker 2: And conflict is content. It is it is, And I realized.
Speaker 4: It's a it's a definite marketing strategy for most people. A lot of people that that's their main focus about how can we conflicts, like how can we create the division? How can we gossip? We create something, even if it's not true. So I don't think that that's not what we want to know, that's not you. You do not have to worry about us. We don't want to do that. We do not here to tear down anybody. Everybody that we're going to bring here, We're going to bring the people that we actually respect, people that we actually feel like.
Speaker 1: Are going to everybody agree with.
Speaker 2: No, but I'm saying respect.
Speaker 4: You don't have to agree with somebody like I don't agree with you a lot of times, right, but I respect you and I respect what you do. So we might have a different perspective on certain things. So you can respect people that you actually disagree with on certain topics. So if I don't respect you, then I don't even care what you think about something.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So, as you heard from us the last time we were in the studio, Tami is a thing.
Speaker 1: This is our new venture.
Speaker 3: I've been podcasting for six years, but we're doing it with some new energy and the person responsible for keeping our voices at the forefront of the podcast industry is coming up right now.
Speaker 1: I'm really excited about this interview.
Speaker 2: Yes, I am too. My brother Charlemagne the Gut.
Speaker 3: So you know, I've had the opportunity to hear many, many, many introductions of our brother, yes right, and and you know, old time those intros have developed to so many different things. And now you know, my favorite introduction from us is this is our friend, you know. And it's so good to have our friend with us and to have our friend as one of our biggest supporters in terms of making sure that our voices are present and powerful and impactful in the world. But you know, some of the developments of his initial his old days of being introduced are that this brother is a media mobile, a multi media expert. It has a podcast network, a publishing company, is the producer of a multitude of different things. I mean, it's so much that Charlemagne to God, Leonard McKelvey is doing in this world. And we are so excited that for the first time we get to have you as a guest on Team Mine, which normally as three politicians exactly, we get to put.
Speaker 2: You in the hot seat.
Speaker 3: So it's the first time, fast time, first time in three years that we've been on on your network. This is the first time we have you with us, But it certainly isn't the first time that we've been engaged in conversation.
Speaker 1: We've obviously been on the Breakfast.
Speaker 3: Club many many, many times, and between us and you, well, between you and me and Teslin, we argue every day for at least about five hours a day, so I'm always knowing you know what's on your mind and how you're thinking about issues.
Speaker 5: Me and you know how to tap out though they're gonna how to tap out going.
Speaker 4: You know, testing test bring y'all argument to me, after y'all kiss y'all, think she come to me and then she can't bring it to me, so you know how to keep it going.
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, if you haven't need somebody to help you, think Tesling is the one, whether you agree with me not, she gonna help you be up on your game because you're not gonna just tell her bullshit and think you're gonna move on.
Speaker 1: So let me just.
Speaker 3: Start off by saying that I remember when I first told you we're gonna change the name of our podcast from Street Politicians to T and I, which is Tamika and Maison's Information.
Speaker 1: When you heard it, you were like, it's dope.
Speaker 3: I love it, But you know they're gonna say y'all being messy because we know what T and I really is. Another thing that's well that that statement is well known for, which is of course too much information.
Speaker 1: And you know, we have had the.
Speaker 3: Opportunity working with Dolly and just working with the team to reimagine our initial vision. It's been six years that we've been doing our podcast and we said, okay, we want to do something fresh, something new, new imagery, and you all have been so supportive of it.
Speaker 1: So first of all, thank you. But what we do want to really find.
Speaker 3: Out is with the Black Effect Cast Network, what was your initial vision?
Speaker 2: Like, why did you start this?
Speaker 1: What made you want to manage all of us people crazy people?
Speaker 6: Because Malcolm X said that person who controls the media controls the minds of the masses. And for the first time, and at least in my lifetime, you know, we're in a place where so many people are controlling their own narratives. You know, so many people have their own platforms and they're able to have conversations that you're not hearing on traditional traditional mediums like television or even radio. And even when you look at radio right, like talk radio is dominated by the conservative voice, like and it's a huge, a huge, huge medium, Like these are hundreds of millions of people who are tuning in to listen to these you know, conservative you know, radio show hosts.
Speaker 5: And that's even translated over to podcasting.
Speaker 6: If you go to like the if you go to Apple right now and you look at like top ten, fifteen to twenty podcast in the news the news category, they're they're mostly conservative voices, you know. So for me, it's like where the independent voices, Where the you know, the voices from the other side, Like where the people that's really speaking, you know, for the community and what's going on in the street, Like where are all of those different voices? And I felt like, you know, the best way to amplify that was was through the podcast space because there was already a bunch of people doing it, like yourself. So it's like, you know, if I get the opportunity to be able to partner with somebody like an Ieheartened to be able to amplify those voices, why wouldn't I.
Speaker 2: That's that's dope.
Speaker 4: And and one thing is a common theme, you know, because I'm so big on authenticity, and that's one of the things about the Black Effect Network is it is full of the podcasts who are authentic, raw and real, you know, And I know that's that's something about you that I'm known for years, you know, since we since I first met you, like when you was Duskin, you know, when you used to be Dusking. You know what I'm saying. I know you since did I just want to know, like just all the things you've accomplished. You know, I always celebrate and I always tell people how proud I am of everything you accomplished. But back in those days, did you imagine yourself actually being where you are right now?
Speaker 6: Yeah, because you know, to a certain extent, Like you know, I knew that I told myself back in ninety eight.
Speaker 5: I wanted to be like, you know, a super jock is what we call them.
Speaker 6: You know, I didn't want to be just somebody in a in a local market during the time and Tempica you're introducing, you know, the New Drake Record, Like I always knew I wanted to be Tom Joyner or Andrew Martinez, a Wendy Williams, the Doug Bank you know. P. D. Green was a big inspiration of mind, Howard Stern, all of those people.
Speaker 5: So luckily a lot of them.
Speaker 6: You know, they had the opportunity to to build, to build, you know, I guess empires, many empires is what you want to call them. They were doing the books, and they were doing the television, and they were producing you know, TV show and stuff like that. So I had a blueprint, you know, there was a blueprint before me. So yeah, I was able to see what was possible.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, I love that you're saying, yeah, I saw it, because so often the answer to that question is like, no, I had no idea. I can't believe where I am today. But you're saying that you had a vision for yourself, you saw it, and you actually follow some of the models with your own.
Speaker 1: Flair, you know.
Speaker 3: And oftentimes I think people they don't really know where to look for what it is that they want to be.
Speaker 1: What do you think it is about you that's like?
Speaker 3: Is it that you read a lie? Is it that the exposure of your family, your parents, your community? What do you think put you in a place to be able to see all of these different models and create what you have now become?
Speaker 6: It's all of those things. Because you know, my mother growing up, she was an English teacher, and she would always tell me to read things that don't necessarily pertain. So I would be in the library reading everything from you know, Judy Bloom, the books about UFOs. And then my dad, you know, he was the Jehovah Witness, then he got the Spellowship, and then he got into the Nation.
Speaker 5: But then he was also in the street. You know, my dad he battled substance abuse, but then he also sold substances.
Speaker 6: And you know, he also was an entrepreneur. Like growing up, my dad had a fish market in the middle of a Monkst.
Speaker 2: Corner.
Speaker 6: Like he had a it's called it's called Max Thiefood. So him and my uncles, you know, had had a fish market right in the middle of a Monkst.
Speaker 2: Corner.
Speaker 6: And then right behind the fish market was a barbershop. The barbershop was owned by a bunch of brothers. So it's just like I always saw that level of entrepreneurship, you know, even in my community and then growing up in hip hop. You know, I'm born in nineteen hundred and seventy eight, so I saw bad Boy Rockefeller, no limit, you know, rap a lot, all of those brothers opening up these entities where they were empowering other people. So for me, it was kind of like it was a con combination of all of those things, like, you know, not limiting myself to one space, but also knowing that you can create these entities to empower other people. And then you know, Clarence Avon was from North Carolina, so I was always you know, a big, big, big, big student of of everything Clarence Avon was doing, and so he was he was a big he was a big blueprint of mind. So yeah, it's just like as a combination of all those things you said, just paying attention and observing you know, black people in different spaces doing great things.
Speaker 4: Speaking of influences, you know, like I've watched you, You've had some of the most controversial interviews ever and they've been either entertaining or informational, Like you've You've done so many different things on these in this platform that has revolutionized I think a lot of people followed the groupprint that you have. Who is some of the people who've given you some advice And what was that advice that you think that you've taken as giving you, you know, the opportunity and ability to be where you are.
Speaker 2: Right now, oh, man.
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, I've gotten advice, some of the best ever. Like I've gotten advice from all the great man she bought Tina. I was working with Wendy for three years, Tom Joyner, Like, you know, I've had the pleasure of like knowing these people and having him tell me, you know, different things.
Speaker 5: One thing Wendy said to.
Speaker 6: Me that stuck out was, you know, you're either gonna be You're gonna either be of the industry or of the people, And that always stuck out me, you know. But it's it's almost impossible to not eventually be of the industry because either you're gonna build your own industry or you gonna start developing real relationship with people, because either y'all gonna come up together, are you gonna meet people in this business that you, you know, connect with. She was just the rebel period, you know what I mean, Like she wasn't trying to deal with with nobody in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: I don't know if that was good or bad, But yeah, I've gotten I've gotten great advice from a lot of a lot of a lot of great individuals, man, But I learned more so from watching other people like there was people who idolized back in the day, and I realized that, man, they never allowed themselves to grow up. And being that they never allowed themselves to grow up, they never allowed themselves to evolve. They're plane landed in the wheels, didn't come out. Like there's a lot of people that came before us who we watched crash and burn, you know, especially in radio, especially you know, if they had the shock jock label, but they didn't allow themselves to grow And so for me, I learned that and just realized, like, man, I don't want to be the forty five year old dude what it's had on the back you know, yes, yes, yes, y'all and screaming over records Like I never wanted to be that, Like I wanted to do exactly what you just said. Might have conversations you know that people can actually learn from or just sit back and watch and and genuinely being attained. Like right now you look at the game, man, it's just all mess like every everything is, everything is conflict, trip everything is. It's like, yo, who can we beat up to date? Like me, I don't want to be a part of that circuit. Like I've been disconnected at a long, long, long, long time ago. Because how sustainable is that? I don't think it's sustainable at all.
Speaker 1: So what would you tell a young person?
Speaker 3: Because we're privileged, Leonard, Like, we have access to these people you got to work with, as you said, Wendy and Angie Martinez, you sit with, and we are in all these circles, we around all these people.
Speaker 1: So what would you tell them?
Speaker 3: You said, watch examples, right, But what's another tip that you would give them about how they can start to formulate what it looks like to develop and sort of go to the next level. What's your hustle and your grind that you would share to a young person that's trying to figure it out?
Speaker 6: Number one right now, It's always been the number one, but it's even more imperative now. You have to be authentic to you, Like I feel like there's not a lot of people being authentic to them. I really feel like people see what they think is working for other people, so everybody's just mimicking mimicking that. That's why you know, it feels like everybody doing the same thing, because like nobody's really truly being themselves. But if you notice it's the people who really are being themselves who are cutting through in a really unique way. Like you know, you look at somebody like Earn your Leisure and what they've built, Like they built the whole platform talking about financial literacy. So you look at somebody like a nineteen Key, Like nineteen Keys is just out here, you know, empowering people on some og nation of Islam energy like you know what I mean, do for self, And it's like all like that stuff is cutting through. You look at what the eighty five South Show does in comedy. You know, three brothers who individually is stand up comic, aren't credit, but they come together collectively just to kick it as homeboys. You know, they built an amazing, amazing production company with eighty five South, and like they don't get involved in none of the mess.
Speaker 5: So it's like all of those those people who are.
Speaker 6: In their own unique lanes truly being themselves, you know, have have have gone to a lot of success.
Speaker 5: Then you got like a whole group of people who are all.
Speaker 6: Literally just doing the same thing, spewing the same type of mess. And it's like they got their one niche audience and a lot of people love that, right, a lot of people feel like that's what they want to be a part of until they get involved, they look around and realize how small the room actually is. It's not a big room at all. You want to put yourself in places where the rooms are big, where where eventually you're not even in a room, you're just outside and you could just look around and realize, like, man, it's all all of this, all of this.
Speaker 5: You know I could tap into if I wanted to, But them.
Speaker 6: Those rooms that with all that mess, they got walls, big brick walls and glass ceilings, and you looking up thinking you could go father, but you really can't, and eventually you find yourself trapped.
Speaker 3: So with all the different podcasts that you have, it's we have so many different voices. We talk about sex, people talking about politics, people talking about.
Speaker 1: Community issue, street all everything you could think of.
Speaker 3: What how do you deal with the sponsors and the people in the background. That's like you got some folks on Gaza, you got people on so many different issues, like what type of how do you walk into a room where there are folks who are constantly trying to shift the narrative or control people's voices.
Speaker 1: What gives you, like, what do you say in those rooms?
Speaker 6: I let them speak their piece and I speak mind. Like, I don't know why everybody's so afraid just to have dialogue. Like if somebody says something that you don't agree with, then you give a counter to it, and whatever that kind of is, y'all can either go back and forth, or if it's in public, people are going to side with whatever they want to side with if you say something that they like, you know what, I see where Mika's coming from? Or I might say something like, oh, I see what Mice is coming from. Like, I don't understand why people are so afraid the dialogue and why we just want to like eliminate and destroy people we don't agree with, because everybody, everybody thinks they're right in some way, shape or form, and they have reasons why they believe they're right. If I hear you out and you're explaining to me why you feel the way you feel, whether I agree or disagree, if that's truly how you feel, you have the right to that opinion. You have the right to feel that way, just like I have to right my opinion, Like I have the right to feel the way I want to feel But I mean, we all know at the end of the day, truth is truth and facts are fact that I have to even in this world of artificial intelligence and everybody you know, nobody cared about the truth and the lives more and anything, and even in this world, I have to understand or believe that the truth is gonna prevail a bitually. And the only thing that that that showed that ultimately tell the truth is time. But sometimes you just gotta say what you need to say and step back and let let time felt it del Yeah.
Speaker 4: I say that all the time. You know, I've watched now since since you know, the birth of the internet. It's so many people with the same exact blueprint to success say something negative about somebody else a bunch of times until people pay attention to you and cause conflict.
Speaker 2: And I really think that's just a cheap way.
Speaker 4: But once again, I want to celebrate you and say we appreciate everything that you've done for us. I've appreciate the way that you've just conducted yourself in this business. Since I've known you, it's always been authentic, you know, like even when there's been controversy, it's always been authentic.
Speaker 2: Controversy.
Speaker 4: It's always been you didn't agree with something somebody said, and you challenged it and you stood on what you stood on, and I always respected that.
Speaker 2: I tell people all the time, I don't care if you like what y'all and.
Speaker 4: May think or not, he gonna stand on what he's staying on because that's what he believes and that's what I That's one of the main things about you that I appreciate.
Speaker 2: But I just want to say that apologize, yeah, because if you can, if that's a man though, because we make mistakes, that's also being authentic to stand on what you staying.
Speaker 4: If I say something and you and I can acknowledge, you know what, I made a mistake and I apologize, that's also.
Speaker 2: You know, attributes to a man. But that goes brings me to the last question. I want to know.
Speaker 4: You know, you've been in this industry for years and you had different dialogues, different controvert whatever is are there is there one thing that if you could you could do, you would do it over or change just one of the things that stand out to you that you've been through a lot of different things. Sometimes some people go through the industry like you know, everything that I went through got me to where I'm at, So I really wouldn't change anything. Do you feel like that is one particular thing that you might say yourself? You know what this situation in the try that I got into, I probably would change.
Speaker 5: If I could do it, though I would have answered that differently a couple of weeks ago. But I had an experience.
Speaker 6: I had an experienced a couple of weeks ago that I haven't I haven't spoken about yet, but I will. I will one day because I'm still processing it. But I went away on like a spiritual retreat, and let's just say that I was literally shown that every single thing that has ever happened in my life period was absolutely positively meant to happen.
Speaker 4: It sounds like you had ayahuasca. It's like you had one like you would on that retreatment. That sounds like everybody who going there. That's what I hear, like that real thing. So you know, you ain't gotta tell us now. I guess you're gonna tell when you feel like that. But it damn sure saund like that. I was just telling me and to me was having this conversation last week, I'm like, yo, I really think I wanted to do that because it seems like everybody has this this clarity and seeing God movment in it.
Speaker 6: So but I will tell I will tell you this. If it's calling, you do it. If it's calling, you do it. Only only do it if it calls. Okay, But but but yes, I was.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 6: Literally it was like somebody wrote it down and literally showed me why every single thing happened the way it was supposed to happen, and and and it and it really it really it really does make you say, man, God really does love you in spite of.
Speaker 5: That, and that and that, like sometimes you just need to know that, like God loves you in spite of so it's like, no, I couldn't. I wouldn't.
Speaker 6: I feel like if I took away anything, it was like it'd be like a game of Tetris or jingle, Like you take one away, the whole thing might tumble down.
Speaker 5: I know, I gotta own it all.
Speaker 2: I got to own it all.
Speaker 1: Once you say, thank God for it all, thank God for it all.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for come in and sharing with us and being a guest on our podcast on your podcast network.
Speaker 2: That's you.
Speaker 4: I just want to ask you one more thing, one more thing, if you could give me one word to describe you, just one word, one word to describe me. You described yourself for one word alive. I love that, we appreciate you.
Speaker 6: But thank y'all man, thank you to me, thank you my son man. For everything that y'all do. I don't think y'all get enough credit ever, but you know that's just the way that it is. People are not going to celebrate y'all full until it's all said and done because that.
Speaker 2: I love about y'all.
Speaker 5: The thing I love about y'all.
Speaker 6: And listen, I didn't grow up with with with activists, but you know you hear the things that are said about activists. The thing I love about y'all, y'all are always doing the work. Whether the cameras are rolling or not. People can never say to me, can mice on it? And Jason, because y'all be out here on the front line. The things that I don't even be knowing what be going on, well, they.
Speaker 1: Don't say it. They can They can say anything they want, just like they say all the things about you.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of hate out here, but it's much more love, and I think, as you said, it's God's love and our love for one another that keeps us all going if it wasn't for you giving us opportunities, you know, publishing my first and now my second book, you know, being there, always giving my soign a platform. Anytime you call, I want to come up to breakfast club. You are always doing that. We have to love each other more than they hate us, and I think that's the answer. So that's what it's all about.
Speaker 1: We love you, and you just keep doing what you're doing. Brother, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Telling me to God. We thank you, Yes, sir, excellent interview.
Speaker 1: Man, that was a good interview.
Speaker 3: You know, I see him talking about politics, and I see him talking about celebrity news and you know, all issues, things that's happened in the community and all of that. But it's good to hear him talk about his aspirations and what he is building as a media moment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I asked him some questions I always wanted to ask, you know, well how because like I said, I knew him when he was Dalkskin for a long time.
Speaker 2: That means.
Speaker 4: So anyway, I just know him a long time and just watching his growth and constant growth and elevation mentally, you know, in his business agreement and everything.
Speaker 2: Just seeing the growth and just knowing that he actually said that, he he this is what he wanted. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So I always say it. I always tell people all the time, you have to speak of it to existence. You have to believe in yourself more than anybody else doesn't believe you. And he's a testament to that.
Speaker 1: That's right, what I say, you have to we have to love us more than they hate us. And that is yes, I mean we have to actually write and put it somewhere.
Speaker 2: We got to love us more than they hate us.
Speaker 1: Mana, they love to hate us. They love to hate Charles. You know, he's strangling. So every now and then he does says things and it's like what Leonard.
Speaker 2: But you know how you feel?
Speaker 1: Like I said, we know he's a good he's a good dude.
Speaker 4: Really all the time we meet him, debate, we're gonna get We're gonna have our debates mos time.
Speaker 2: But it's always in love and respect. That's what I like.
Speaker 3: I appreciate well, well, well, well, speaking of new things and developing in our skills and and and really just kind of looking at how we engage more people. Folks have now heard at the beginning of the show about what t m I is and we love feedback.
Speaker 1: Let's just make sure we tell everybody.
Speaker 3: T and My Underscore Show that's at t m I Underscore show like Instagram.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be the number one show, just like.
Speaker 1: It was in our heads and our heart.
Speaker 3: But it will definitely be that with the end, with the with the like, the the feedback and the encouragement and information.
Speaker 1: From all of you who are out there.
Speaker 3: So we are asking you to please go to a tam My Underscore show on Instagram and get in the d ms and let us know what you want to hear about what some of the topics you want us to cover. Speaking of topics, let's talk about what folks can look forward to for the new t m I season.
Speaker 4: That's right, we have new segments that will be in the season which will be you still be the game will still be there.
Speaker 2: We'll be adding the t m I sec the Messy segment a little but just about things that we want to get your opinion on things that might be t just I mean, yeah, a lot too.
Speaker 4: Much information somebody might give us too much information. We might ask you, do you think it's too much information? You know, it's gonna be a dope segment. It's gonna be one of our One of my new favorite segments.
Speaker 2: Also one of my new favorite segments. In my new segment.
Speaker 4: Is where I spotlight good music is called the Real Music Spot.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be good music.
Speaker 4: Because it's real music because I believe, like I said all the time, I do not believe that music with substance gets enough highlight, you know, and it's and it comes from whether we have mainstream artists or up and coming artists. They don't highlight the songs that actually have the substance. Like you hear the radio songs and then you and you don't like the I do this all the time. I hear a song on the radio from an artist and be like, I don't want to hear the album, and then actually started listening to the album and be like, yo, why they't put these songs though?
Speaker 2: Like why do I these play these? So I do that to artists all the time.
Speaker 7: So I'm going to make sure that I highlight some of the songs that I think are substance that are dope songs for some artists that are unknown, up and coming, And yeah, I want music with a message because I think we moved away from that, you know, in this culture right now, everybody.
Speaker 2: Just wants the doper mean one. They want to move around.
Speaker 4: They want to either drill too much or everything else over sexual it's just.
Speaker 2: So much too much. So I want substance. So that's what.
Speaker 3: But there could also be an artist that is well known. Yeah, because like Cardi b. You know, she one time I was watching her on live and she was like, people keep complaining about certain songs that I put out, and she was like, if you go to my album and she names a few songs, she's like, these songs are everything y'all claim y'all want, But it ain't bumping like that. It's not bumping all over. People are not, you know, invested in these particular songs. And she's like, if you want artists to put out more music that it's just better. Are I guess more culturally competend.
Speaker 1: Than relevant? Then you know you have you have to support those artists and make sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like that's that's what I say. And and this is a good segue to this, you know. Shout out to our brother Jamal Bowman from the Bronx.
Speaker 4: He is unveiled the new Congressional hip Hop Power and Justice Task Force. The goal of the newly formed group will use hip hop's messaging of building a more equitable society to help spearhead initiatives to address economic inequality, affordable housing, and racial justice imperatives.
Speaker 2: So that's going to be something we look forward to. Shout out to Real Boom, may we get did we have has been? Well? He was on what was formerly know, so we get on us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a lot to talk to him about.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of he's on for election re election, so we definitely need to have him up here. And also, you know, I'll still be doing my I don't get it because.
Speaker 2: It's so much sh it. I just don't get the world period, So.
Speaker 4: I'll definitely never get rid of my mind. I don't get a segment, and that pretty much it beat the sum up how we do our new team. So it's gonna be a lot of building. You're gonna see different things. We're gonna get your opinion, what you like, what you don't like, and we want you to be honest with us because we do not want to do what we do not want to have a show. Give me honest, I take it.
Speaker 1: You make you read the messages.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I can't wait. I can't wait now. So, yeah, that's the email. But that's why you don't send me, email me a message.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. You send me a message, I get an emails. It's not it's not so accessible to me.
Speaker 2: So I guess I mean, you know.
Speaker 1: What, I'm really excited, fantastic.
Speaker 2: I'm not excited all of the team of everybody.
Speaker 3: That work together and shout out to to a toy Bond and Sister t Sha. Who are they behind the scenes working.
Speaker 1: It out, making it happen. For it's a bunch of folks. Anastasia bridgets in the back. I forget what's your name?
Speaker 3: Well, and of course the head the Mothership is being managed by genis.
Speaker 2: Jennie niece over here running the ship. She's keeping me, keeping me.
Speaker 1: We love y'all and we look forward to a great.
Speaker 2: T m izs it's going to be number one. We love y'all.
Speaker 4: Please continue to love us and pray for us, please because we need all the prayers listen.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna always be right to me, it's not gonna always be wrong, but she will always be bugged out. You will both always and I mean always, be that base. Check out the video version of.
Speaker 1: T m I every single Wednesday on Iwoman Dot Tv.
Speaker 5: Are we owning