Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich Podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for Convenio Rich at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: It's like searching FSR yo bringing the fun to you.
Speaker 1: All right, you're the renegade of fun, Rich Davis, It's true. It's super fun Time. Also known as Covino and Rich CNR on FSR subcasting live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio. I hope you had a lion, Seahawks, blue Jays George Springer's sort.
Speaker 2: Tonight you're on to blue Jays. We'll be talking some baseball. I'm a little torn.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to feel about blue Jays. I think a lot of people are a little torn. We'll explain why, and George Springer has a.
Speaker 2: Lot to do with it. We're gonna get to all that.
Speaker 1: Don't you worry, Hey, don't you worry, because if you miss any of today's show, any showever, search con Trivia Shemir podcast. But first and first and mostly we be rocking out. Let's go Taco Time Tuesdays, DYG is super producing. Danny g is on the phones. He's also getting show Boy Mahomes ready for his trivia game later on show Time Mahomes Trivia. We're giving away prizes later today with Mahomes. Danny G's on the phones. At eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox, we got Iowa Samuel on the ones and tues Hi Sam Hello, and I am happy. I had my tacos every Tuesday. It's the only good fast food deal I've ever found. Two tacos for five bucks at el pull your local.
Speaker 3: Hard to find deals these days.
Speaker 2: I know nice, I'm happy for you.
Speaker 1: Every other fast food place is like fifteen bucks, happy for twenty bucks. Let's hear it first time. I'm the greatest. I'm the greatest day, and then I'll have more Tonight for white people Taco night.
Speaker 2: No, I hate white people Taco Night. Love that night. Hey.
Speaker 1: By the way, our show is sponsored by Draftking sports book and official sports betting partner of the NFL and NBA. Right now, use promo code see our show to claim your special offerings. And I say DraftKings, Sorry, the crown is yours. DraftKings, I say I saved the best for last. Vanessa Williams style, the great Dan Bayer is here's hanging out with us. So we're doing trying to Kiss a Kiss the Grand Puba of all trivia games.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, it's good to be here. I'm still a rich David Sky.
Speaker 2: But you're working your way back. Well, I'll be working my way back to buy vins. Could I be the first to say, congrat see your Seahawks?
Speaker 3: Hey, thanks, thanks, I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Did I not start off the night the show by saying I hope you have a Seahawks kind of night. And of course Spotty's on the videos because.
Speaker 2: We're streaming live. Covino and Rich fs are on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube, So Rich, can we start it off by saying, I'm really really torn right now, lying naked on the floor. I'm like Natalie and Brulia. I'm like Creed staff of Creed. I'm torn torn. I'm torn because I'm an Al East fan. I'm a Yankees fan, and I can't be the only guy that feels this way.
Speaker 2: So I don't like the Blue Jays. The Yankees lose Yankees I love that. Yeah, that was great.
Speaker 1: They are a great and scrappy team, So I don't hate on their you know, game of baseball and how they play the game. I just don't like them as a Yankees fan. But then again, the Dodgers beat the Yankees. But I also live in La So I am so torn right now, and I'm wondering on behalf of everybody. Should I be leaning towards the Blue Jays because the Dodgers beat the Yankees last year this year? Yeah, I know, but the Dodgers are so good that maybe they need to be humbled like the Iron Chic.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's the Blue Jay's time.
Speaker 1: Maybe you'll loom for the underdog because they are the underdogs in this series. You know, maybe we root for our our maple slurpin, teen love and floppyheaded hockey loving Canadians.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe we root for the Blue Jays.
Speaker 1: I am so torn right now because they're both hateable and George Springer, you know, he's a former astro. I wasn't a big fan of that guy either, but he had a huge moment last night. I can only tip my Yankee hat to that moment. It was so clutch. I'm so torn I'm a ball of emotions, mixed emotions here on the show. I mean, grab your Tim Horton's, grab some Cheesis or ketchup chips, and I say root for the Blue.
Speaker 2: Jays if i'm you.
Speaker 1: However, I think the factor here is a man that was the hero last night.
Speaker 2: George Springer.
Speaker 1: I said to Danny and Big Mike runs his place, who are both big Dodgers fans?
Speaker 2: I go, you guys over this whole.
Speaker 1: George Springer was on the Astros like eight years ago and cheating in the garbage cans. And I know Al Twovey is the face of that, but George Springer was part.
Speaker 2: Of the core of that team. Nobody forgot about it.
Speaker 1: I mean, does that still hold the layer tea where it's like Springer against the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: He's got one of them those punchable faces in all of baseball.
Speaker 2: I think we always will. Yeah, he does, he definitely does.
Speaker 1: But we also have to acknowledge the fact that when it comes to clutch in big moments in postseason, he's one of those names that can't be left out of the mix. He's come through too many times and you got to give him his prompts. But you could also say the Mariners, not that they kind of blew it, but knowing that George Springer is so clutch, is it automatic that you pitched to the guy? And not only do you pitch to the guy with an open base, it's the same guy that faced them the night before when they had their relief pitcher. They had Munnos on the bench ready to go. So it's like, man, did they blow that? Was that bad management? Or did just spring or come through? And that's the end of the game. And that's just how it is. You know, how do you look at that again? When I say I'm torn, I am so torn because I was surprised they pitched to him in that moment they left I think it was left a high sinker right there, right there for him to tee off on.
Speaker 2: And he you know, he did it. You got to give him credit for that.
Speaker 1: But still, why did they pitch to him? And why did they leave Bizarro in there? Bizarrero faced this dude twice already. That was bizarre, No, but bizarre, man, it was bizarre.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 1: You know, you got to making moves and Springer already knew his stuff. He already saw it the past few days, so that could have been a mistake in itself, but he's still capitalized on it. So there's a couple of layers here, layers to George Springer put some respect on his name. But is it in your mind still a cheating name that got away with something because and did that Ironers just blowing or did he win it? Like, how do you see this Astros team? You taste it's still a bad taste in your mouth from anyone affiliated with that Astros team. And you're a Yankees fan, Danny, you and people are out here at Fox Sports and live in l a or Dodgers fan.
Speaker 2: So the two.
Speaker 1: Teams, the two teams that I guess felt the wrath of that Astro's team is the moment for you two. So you tell me, are you mad? Because to me, George Springer is a blue jay that's the past, ancient history. He's proven he's a star. Or you still butt her at George Springer?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think mad or butt hurts the right term. It's just like a bad taste that's left in your mouth.
Speaker 1: Is it a breakup that you're not over type feeling like it.
Speaker 4: Was more of like what could have been, you know, had that not gone down the way it did.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like he doesn't deserve this?
Speaker 4: No, I feel like he deserved to be punished, as did his teammates back then, and they never had to serve any sort of punishment, and so that's what leaves the bad taste.
Speaker 2: They got away. Mike Scott freees Mike Scott.
Speaker 4: He's a former and like Covino said, you got to give the guy respect. He's he's a great clutch player. He keeps proving that. But dating back to that cheating ass stros team, that's that's never risks for us. That's this is never gonna go away. We're never gonna forget that.
Speaker 1: I mean, the left time. All of these things are true. Enough time, it's just a matter of what way stronger in your heart could you know? Enough time will pass while fans forget, because fans get older, fans die, young, fans are born, like there's gonna be a time where you just look back to that is never You're trying to race like something that actually happened. I'm never gonna forget. Doesn't go away. It's in the books. Everybody knows. Everyone that was alive knows, and even people who are still young, your little son about this. It'll be a little note but great because my son who's five and his otdle t ball buddies. I guarantee you as they become teenagers and twenty year olds, none of them are gonna be like yeah, like El two in Springer and the cheating Astros, that's gonna be just a story to them and maybe a highlight man, maybe we will. They banging on trash cans like they won't even care. So I'm saying he teed off on that sinker so hard. I wouldn't be surprised if he knew what Pitt was coming last night. You know, there's so many ways to look at this, but I'm really not Yeah, they were.
Speaker 2: Tapping on maple jugs. You know.
Speaker 1: I think Big Mike, who runs this place, he has tons of wisdom. I actually do agree with him when I think of the cheating astros, George Springer for his clutch as he always was with that team. He isn't the guy I think of. It's Al Tuvey. I think what he did last night was big for the Blue Jays, and I sort of associate him now, is hey He's a big moment guy, and he proved it again with Toronto. If he beats the Dodgers in the World Series, meaning if Springer is an influential player, gets a couple of base hits or home runs in key spots and they somehow upset the Dodgers. Is the the thought of like, well Springer was, I mean, he was a cheater and he knew it was coming.
Speaker 2: Is that in the past? Do we does this look like a child?
Speaker 4: How do those I was gonna say, Rich, How do those two things cancel each other out? They do what it does for different seasons. It's different teams.
Speaker 2: What have you done for me lately? Do do doo doo doo? Dude?
Speaker 1: It doesn't change the fact there are two separate events. He had a big moment last night. He was also part of a cheating team. Although I don't really make him the face of that organization. I look at Al Tuvey as that guy, but I also think in the same breath that it was a bad move pitching to the guy. I'm not saying you walk them, but you pitch around him. You don't lay a meat balls. Your mom would say, Rich right in his zone after he's senior sinker two days in a row. I think that was a bad rookie mistake last night, and the Blue Jays reaped all the benefits. The crowd erupted, and you have a heartbroken Seattle team and fan base out there that deserved a little more than that. Man, I think that's a tough way to lose. You had the win, you had it right there in front of you, and you heard the screams and you heard the emotion in the locker room afterward.
Speaker 2: It's not Ai, it's not fake.
Speaker 1: But you when you see the Mariners being interviewed, you hear dudes moaning in sorrow and in heartbreak in the locker room.
Speaker 2: You hearn.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: You see cal Rowney, who had the most magical season maybe of all time, you see him in tears because it hurts so much, all because you pitched to George Springer. I'm not sure that was the best mom but he came through. Let me be trivia boy for a second. Sure with that home run, Your dude, George Springer, you love him, Danny, you love him.
Speaker 2: Comino.
Speaker 1: George Springer is now tied for third all time in postseason home runs. Can you round out the top five off the top of the dome and throw a.
Speaker 2: Couple of names. Bernie B. Williams is in there. Bernie's number five. Derek Jeeters got to be in.
Speaker 1: Jeter just misses the top five. Oh he does, yeah, number five, Bernie with twenty two. Springer has twenty three, so he's now tied with Big Poppy Big Poppy Nod on the list.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well how about you just tell me.
Speaker 1: L two Vey is on the list and Manny Ramirez number one, Many has twenty Manny has twenty nine, Al tuoves twenty seven, and then Kyle Schwarber tied with and Springer have twenty three. That's incredible, incredible too, Astro. It's easy to hit twenty three. And when you know a pitch is coming at least twenty two of them, you know what's or juice out of your mind, but you know at the same time. I again, this is why I'm torn, Dan Byer. People come here sometimes for the answers. I'm really saying, I don't know how to feel because he came through in a really big moment that was as clutch as it gets, right, So I want to hate on him. But what I saw was impressive, and I love how he handled himself in the post game when he immediately and again their media trained and he's been there, done that, and he's very polished in the postseason. But everything he said was dead on awesome. The country too, He thanked the country. He had his teammates first. He put you know when he said he thinks about the at bat, he thinks about the players that got on base to allow him to do that. He put his team before himself every time he was interviewed. So it makes him that much more likable. Or he could say he has to be that guy because everybody sort of hates him from the Astros days. It was a big moment. I'm very torn, and as a Yankees fan, I'm especially torn. What are your thoughts? It was pretty awesome to see and pretty awesome he here the Blue Jays fans erupt, even though I'm a Yankees fan.
Speaker 3: I didn't have a dog in the fight last night, and I don't have a dog in the fight. Usually have dog fights, you, Michael two thousands. No, No, I did not completely derailed with that. I didn't. I wasn't cheering for anyone last night. However, I also can't stand it when people take sports and try to compare it to real life, because I think it's probably better in life sometimes to just forget something to forgive something. It's not the case in sports because sports is usually a small amount of time. There's a small amount of time in George Springer's life that he's going to spend as a professional baseball player. But it's that portion, that cheating scandal that I think does label you and continue to label you. He went through a thin didn't have a stuttering problem. He had, you know, a speech issue that he has overcome. You mentioned his speech last night in speaking Everybody loves him now, and it's easy to say that was in the past, but they the players were never punished, he Altuve and others, And to me, I just I can't get over it. I can't get past it. And it's not different than a steroid situation or someone else. So if you have issues with those guys, I still think that you should have an issue with someone like Springer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't erase the past and sports.
Speaker 1: It's different there as fans, we are exactly fanatical, right, Like this is not like I forgive my buddy for doing something dumb, or you know, I forgive my the girl i'm dating for, you know whatever, it's different. I agree, there's something about sports you're fan. There's a different level of like I don't have to forgive these people, like like.
Speaker 2: Your uncle that was drunk a Thanksgiving or something.
Speaker 3: Sure, and you know, something is something. As somebody cuts you off in traffic, HA, probably better just to let it go. And as you said, you could take it with family issues. Hey, if this neighbor's been a jerk for so long, maybe it's just better for your own life to Yeah, yeah, just move on, not worry about it. But that's where sports in real life aren't the same. And I think that's I underst why people who were against the Astros and against L two V and George Springer probably didn't celebrate last night.
Speaker 1: You know. It also is easy for me as a Mets fan to be like, guys, get over it. Who cares? But I promise you that if the Astros got in the way of the Mets, had had my Mets lost to the Astros in the World Series in twenty seventeen, I'm sure I would be singing a different tune.
Speaker 2: Danny G.
Speaker 1: And if the Astros beat the Yankees, and I was a Yankees fan along the way, I'm only like who cares because it didn't affect me, And unfortunately that's how so many people feel.
Speaker 2: Right, if it doesn't affect me, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: And it wasn't like an alleged thing. Everybody knows what happened. I mean, it's factual. We all saw it, we all heard it, we all witnessed it. And by the way, Dan Buyer a great point. It does make George Springer a little more likable too. He overcame his stutter and became the spokesperson for the Stuttering Association for the Young, So giving back to the kids stepping up in big moments, putting his teammates first.
Speaker 4: He's sort of he should have stuttered saying look.
Speaker 2: At look at it.
Speaker 4: That's great about that story about him. But like Bayer said, these guys never came out and admitted any wrongdoing. They never got punished. And we live in a society, especially in sports, where we love to see a comeback. We loved even your guy Pettit. What did he do? He handled things the right way. This is why I did it, and we forgave him and those guys, And like Bayer said, this is kind of like the steroids issue because we do not forget. We're like elephants with sports. That is true, and so I want to like him. They didn't take enough accountability. Yeah, and it is hard. I wanted to chair last night. I thought that was a great moment, But in the back of my mind, I kept thinking, God, I can't get over it. But and I don't want to be like that, but I couldn't help it.
Speaker 1: So are we cheering for the Blue Jays or the Dodgers? If the Mariners ended up winning, you knew the entire country was rooting for the Mariners, unless, of course you're a Dodgers fan. That's just the fact. That's just how it was. Because it was like, this is gonna be their first time ever. This is a nice team, a great story. However, this is the Blue Jay's first time back in the World Series in thirty two years. You got this Springer thing again. They shouldn't have pitched to him. I'm a Yankees fan, I'm torn. What are your thoughts? Eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. Regardless, which is one of my favorite big words, regardless, regardless of anything, to come through in that moment. My goodness, that is the reason why we watched sports. That is the reason why baseball has been more electric than ever before or in years, I should say in years, because that was the timing of it, the moment, everything about it was just, my goodness. I had to stand up out of my chair. I was like, I can't believe is it true? By the way, that George Springer was the kid in Billy Madison that Billy Madison said to today Junior, i'm me said that is that.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, it's.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's an interesting guy, right, because you're right he said everything right. He seems like everything right. Yeah, he's on that forgiveness campaign. Hey Rich, what were you doing though, because last night you had Lions Seahawks, you had their those games on. Were you going back and forth the whole time? I'll be honest, I watched mostly baseball, Yeah, same time, and I was I was going back and forth checking on football. I feel like baseball them Buyer Seahawks had a great.
Speaker 2: Control of that game for the most part.
Speaker 1: Maybe it appeared the Buccaneers Lions, but I felt the Lions were running away with it, and I was like, I'm just keeping it on.
Speaker 2: I'll be honest that.
Speaker 1: The Lions did what we said yesterday. They asserted that I listen, Baker, you're awesome.
Speaker 2: Bucks. You know you're you're a good team. You'll be there.
Speaker 1: But the Lions made a case last night that like they could still be the best in the NFCL YEA. Once they were running with the game, I left it on baseball just to see what happened. When Springer came through like that, I was just like, man, that that's the different rents right there. Yeah, those big moment players, and he's one of those guys. But he was also a cheater. So it's not about forgiving. But can you root for them moving forward against your Dodgers? Think about it. It all begins Friday night World Series baseball. And not only that, Dodgers mind us two twenty in Vegas to win the series. So Dodgers are a significant favorite. They got their hands full, man, And that's the other reason that you might want.
Speaker 2: To root for them.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers are so damn good. So you got the World Series on Friday, you got foosball heating up, you got more games on Thursday, and you.
Speaker 2: Got the NBA starting to know it's.
Speaker 1: So wrong, it's crazy. Hey, I'll tell you why I'm against this. Why you know I have a thought on this. We'll we'll talk about it next. NBA total misstep, total misstep. I don't I don't get it. I don't understand it. I'll explain next. So Hank Tight, we'll talk some MLB, some football on Oh yeah, of course the NBA starts today. Great, More Covino and Rich next right here on Fox Sports Radio. Now, Rich, I'm so sorry I interrupted your DraftKings comments before. So much love to DraftKings. All your favorite NBA players are back. DraftKings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NBA is the place to bet on NBA stars this season.
Speaker 2: How are you gonna do tonight?
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, we're here. I guess new customers can't do it. I can bet five bucks a get three months of NBA League Pass plus score three hundred dollars if your bet wins paid in bonus bets. Download the DraftKings Sportsbook app, use code crsho ws CR show code cr show bet five bucks and get three months of League Pass plus get three hundred dollars in bonus bets if your bet win.
Speaker 2: That's pretty sweet. Yes. In partnership with DraftKings, the Crown is yours.
Speaker 5: Ambling problem called what eight hundred gambler In New York call eight seven to seven aid hope. In Wire text Hope and y four six seven three sixty nine and Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling Call eight at eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino and Resort. In Kansas pass through if per wager tax may apply. In Illinois twenty one plus. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario restrictions apply. Bet must win to receive bonus bets, which expire in seven days. Minimum mods required. NBA League pass auto renews until canceled. Additional terms at DKNG dot co slash Audio limited time offer.
Speaker 1: I'm torn, like Creed, Oh, I'm torn because we're in the middle of the national radio show and I just got the call back from the DMV. You know, when you like, They're like, we'll call you back at a later time. I'm like, no, not now.
Speaker 4: It is dead and my hope nime reasons for my intention.
Speaker 1: By the way, if you want to see me interview Creed Reunited and Unplugged, search Creed on the series six m app. I'm Covino. That is Rich Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. Remember, if you want to see us, do our fang go to YouTube dot com slash at Covino and Rich FSSR. Spotty's got our video stream up. There's also a live chat. Again you could watch what you hear at Covino and Rich FSSR and we appreciate that. Send it some friends. Stick around for Dan Buyer's update in a few minutes. Iowa Sam is here. Danny G's on the phones at eighty seven to seven ninety nine on Fox.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm not asking you Fox Sports Radio how you think I should feel. I'm just sort of venting and expressing my emotions here because I like it, you know what, Because I think so many times on podcasts and radio people have like a BS opinion, even if it like they didn't even know the subject matter.
Speaker 2: I like that you're asking, like y'all don't know how to feel.
Speaker 1: We're not, so I think it's BS what everyone feels like they have to have a hot take no matter what, Like you don't if you're tell me your feelings are like I hate the Blue Jays but the Rodgers. Again, I get the I get the sentiment because so many people feel that way. Yeah, I want both of them to lose, but at the same time, yeah, it would be cool to see the Blue Jays beat the Dodgers. Dodgers beat the Yankees last year. I live in Los Angeles. That's another factor. I'm going through the feedback. TM ten says, Hey, Goofy calls me goofy. Hey, thanks man, Hey Goofy. It's okay to not root for anybody, but that's not fun, right. It's like, here's the thing. I gotta give the scar lot of brothers some props. Here, the scar Lotta brothers. These two Jabbronis from the East Coast. Do you ever see these twins? They were on the circle, I think so. Anyway, they're like baseball fans. They made this video range of a Blue Jays.
Speaker 2: You scumbags. Not that I'm rooting for you, but I'm rooting for you, like go get them.
Speaker 1: I don't like you, I'm not rooting for you, but I kind of want you to beat the Dodgers, right, because they are the new evil empire.
Speaker 2: They are too good. But I also live in La. Maybe I should have brace it, but they'd be the get out. But then I look at this evil empire La. I see what you do there. But is there a party?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Then I then I start to be soft, and I'm like, well, you know, Danny and Bo and a lot of the guys that work here, they'd be happy if the Dodgers win. I'm like, well, you know what, they don't care if the Mets winning, I'm happy.
Speaker 2: Correct, they don't. They don't. They don't. In fact, they may chuckle when my team loses.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: My most surprising thing, and working with Covino and Rich over these last couple of years, of how supportive you are of other people's teams, because and we've talked about this, so I'm telling Cavena right now, do the Dan Bayer rule. Don't have a cheering don't cheer for a team going in. Just sit down and watch the game and let nature take it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll figure it out. Right, It's like a fight night. You're all these fighters by round four or five, you know who You're just let it take its course.
Speaker 2: Think it's going to be the Blue Jays because they're the underdogs.
Speaker 4: You know who it is who is likable. And if I wasn't a Dodgers fan, I would root for him. Vlad Junior.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he's talks so much smacking about That's why you don't like him better.
Speaker 4: I mean, I like watching him play as a baseball fan, you Baddy.
Speaker 1: As a baseball fan, We've all seen the kid grow up, and that is a cool story.
Speaker 2: He's playing with a.
Speaker 1: Lot of heart seeing him as a little boy. The pictures you're seeing on social media, it's great.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: I think by the fifth inning Cavino of Game one, Cavina is going to be like, Babe, you want to get some boutine? Like, yeah, I got a little craving for it.
Speaker 1: You know what, man, I'm from Jersey. We call those disco fries. Oh I don't ever want poutine disco fries. So your thoughts Fox Sports Radio Nation, and then of course we got to talk some NBA because Rich I just can't handle it. Florida and John, what's up man? Your thoughts on George Springer? Is he off the hook? Do you still think cheater?
Speaker 2: What do you think? Man?
Speaker 1: No, you guys listen, I'm gonna take another spin at this. Right, Yeah, he was on the Houston team when they cheat it. So give the Dodgers a little redemption for a little revenge. Where's this twist?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: They can't play Houston to get revenge, so you get revenge on this.
Speaker 2: I love that the whole team. Yeah, like anybody was a big part of that. And he's a big part of the being in the World Series this year.
Speaker 4: This Blue Jays team hasn't you know, been back to the World Series in thirty two years?
Speaker 2: Thirty two years? And by the way, Boba, how can he not root for him?
Speaker 4: He's not even in our country, Sam.
Speaker 1: Here's another layer for another. Bobaet announced in the celebration yesterday that he'd be back for the World Series. Even though he's an incredible player, it's like, do you want to mess with the chemistry now that they've been rolling like that?
Speaker 2: That's another though. I might as well bring back Dave Steve while he's a legend. You I heard John Olaood and his helmet are waiting on standby.
Speaker 1: So Boba, she is ready to play your thoughts on the matchup. It goes down Friday, How do you feel about it? Who we got next?
Speaker 2: Pete? That's Pete, Hey, Pete in Oklahoma. You're on CAO. Listen.
Speaker 3: The only reason to route, and I'm not telling you what to do, the only reason to root for the Blues.
Speaker 2: Agent he's done mattically, That's the only reason. Here's your answer.
Speaker 1: So glad you dropt that domatically been in the part of middle league baseball since the early eighties, and this is his first World Series visit as a coach, a manager, a player, or anything. So as a Yankees fan, well, you do hate the Blue Jays and the Dodgers that burnt you as a child, and as an adult last year you might have to pull for Donnie Baseball. I mean, how could you not hit man who's more baseball than that guy and who's more deserving than not.
Speaker 2: He waved to you and your dad in traffic in nineteen eighty eight. He really did.
Speaker 1: True story. But you know I'm getting more feedback. Jay Gata, Jay, getta hit me up, and he goes, dude, for all your Dodgers friends and family. You live in LA and rich Dack goes to you and your kid and all their friends who love the Dodgers. My kids are like, of course, Dad, the Dodgers, and you know, that's like their team sort of now unfortunately, but for the rest of the country it's not as clear either it would have been if the Mariners won. You're rooting for the Mariners unless you live in La. Yeah. With the Blue Jays and George Springer and again Vlattie, he's not that likeable in my opinion. You know your thoughts well at Covino and Rich. Either way, it all goes down on Friday, and you better believe we're tuning in. We'll be talking about it. And now we got to start getting ready for the NBA as well.
Speaker 2: We don't.
Speaker 1: We don't, and I'll explain why we don't have to get ready for the NBA. I have a gripe with the whole league. I also on the anniversary, it's you know, it's back to the future day when Doc Emmitt Brown said, let's go come a future Marty, it's not your your kids and they went to twenty fifteen. Is it a while to think the future is ten years ago? Think about that for a second. So we're gonna go back to the last time the Blue Jays won, and we'll take our little Cavino Rich Fox Sports Radio time machine to nineteen ninety three. All coming up right here, So let's go to Dan By for an update.
Speaker 2: dB. What's doing Buddy?
Speaker 3: A lot going on in the world of sports, and we start in New York, where the Jets are reportedly going to make a change at quarterback. Justin Fields, the starter for the first portion of the season, was replaced last weekend by Tarrod Taylor for the second half. Head coach Aaron Glenn making that move now ESPN is reporting that Taylor is going to start Week eight in Cincinnati against the Bengals. This on the heels of the comments made earlier today by Jets owner Woody Johnson, who gave head coach Aaron Glenn a vote of confidence, but not so much for Fields as a quarterback.
Speaker 2: It looks like he's turning around parts of it.
Speaker 6: You know, it's hard when you have a quarterback with a rating that we've got, you know, I mean, he has the ability, but something just is not jiving. But if you look at any head coach or the quarterback like that.
Speaker 2: You're going to see similar results. If you will across the league.
Speaker 3: That was from Woody Johnson earlier today, but the Jets likely turning to Torod Taylor. According to a report from ESPN, Vikings will start Carson Wentzet quarterback on Thursday night in LA against the Chargers. JJ McCarthy still not ready because of that high ankle Sprain McCarthy will be the emergency quarterback that showdown. The Vikings did open the twenty one day practice window for running back Aaron Jones, who was on ir edge. Rusher Brandon Graham has ended his retirement to play again for the Philadelphia Eagles. Giants release kicker Jude Mcatamney after Mcatamney missed two extra points in their loss to the Broncos this past weekend. Speaking of the Broncos, New York Giants quarterback Russell Wilson responded via x the comments indirectly made about him by Broncos head coach Sean Bayton after Sunday's game. Wilson today posted on social media quote class list but not surprised. Didn't realize you're still bounty hunting fifteen plus years later through the media that from Russell Wilson Bill Belichick one of twelve coaches that have moved to the next round of possible induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Angels are hiring Kurt Suzuki as their new manager. He spent the previous three seasons in the Angels front office, and tonight the NBA's regular season begins. Rockets and Thunder, seven thirty Eastern Warriors and Lakers ten Eastern guys.
Speaker 1: Back to you, dad, buy that story is a little juicy. Let's let's talk about that a little bit next hour. Because when Russ responds on social media and it's very clear, I mean, we all knew there was no love loss between him and Sean Payton, but now when they're taking little jabs at each other, I think it's investigating. Yes, we should investigate a little bit. And by the way, shout out to John at the DMV that just helped me. I put my phone down and he listened to that whole last segment and I picked it up while while you were doing your update, Like, I'm so sorry. He goes really good show. I download the pod covet on Rich But you say he really vibes with your co host or no, he goes that guy he's all right, but he's like, you're right, Don Manningly, we should be rooting for that guy, the poor guy. I get this. Our show must have been so compelling. I put him on hold. I put DMV on hold. Then he goes, no, it's so good, I'll listen.
Speaker 3: Sure, he probably doesn't want to have to deal with anybody else.
Speaker 1: Listening to our show was better than answering someone else, So thank you. The only happens to you, you cheese weenie. If it was me, that person would have hung up immediately. And I'm like, because I waited all day for that call back, you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: I call you back sometime today. I thought I was gonna have to go back to the dmvase.
Speaker 1: Wondering when is your is your luck just I mean, as your co host and friend, I hope your luck continues to just ride on and things go smooth.
Speaker 4: His neighbor just agreed to pay for half of his fence. This guy every day, Yes, if that was my name. Remember, Rich wasn't going to touch that fence because it was going to cost too much. His neighbor just happened to say, hey, buddy, I'll split that fence with consider it karma.
Speaker 1: Rich, Well, I try to do a lot of good things, but by pain and the ass things I don't bring up because I try to lead with positivity. But if you want, we could do it a weekly. What really annoyed?
Speaker 3: Rich?
Speaker 2: Does?
Speaker 1: Trust me because I'm telling you not that bad things happen your boy here, but I guarantee you I would have been hung up on in that situation. Hello, My guy's like, could you don't Rich, I'll go download the pod.
Speaker 2: No, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: The invase guy stayed on hold for twelve minutes waiting for Rich.
Speaker 2: It's ridiculous. Thanks John. We got a new Dan.
Speaker 1: We got a new new lessoner on the podcast, Rich, there's a ay drama. I was watching you don't believe it or not. I still watched Tosh Daniel Tosh not on Comedy Central but on his social media, and he was like, is this Lebron's last year? He's like, I can't imagine a league without Lebron James. And if that's the case, like we said about Shohil Tani earlier this week, we really got to embrace Lebron James. Whether you like him or not, you might not see. Well, yeah, I think you're gonna see guys like this I.
Speaker 4: Did is their throwback jersey this season.
Speaker 1: You gotta take it. He's still play. Take it in and embrace the guy. I think with guys like wen Bin Yama in the league, yeah, you're gonna see lots of breaks.
Speaker 2: Me say it, not yet, but still embrace it.
Speaker 1: If I said, guys, party at someone's place seven o'clock, when do you show up?
Speaker 2: Think about that. Don't answer now.
Speaker 1: If someone says, hey, we're have people for drinks and some dinner seven o'clock, when are you showing up? Because I think the NBA doesn't know social cues and I'll explain coming up right here. Covino on Rich Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry the position has been filled. Dia Renne Gates a fuck.
Speaker 1: Well, like I said, where the Renegade's are fun, super fun time, Cavino and Rich Renegade's a Fox. There you go, Sam, And I'm sure the members of Rage Against the Machine are down with the Battle of Los Angeles and shout out to my buddy lenn and Idaho. He's rooting for his Dodgers. Danny g is excited about it. Oh, Dodgers hold on Blue Jays this Friday. I've torn based on what Dan Bayer said. We got to play the day in a second, Danny, I know, to keep your choni's on. But what Dan Byer said was interesting. We're too kind. No one roots for our teams. It's not like it's not like everyone's secrets. Like, really, I hope Rich's Mets win.
Speaker 2: So why am I being? Really?
Speaker 4: Nobody's supportive of your team? How many Mets cards have I.
Speaker 1: You might be the lone guy that makes me think you know the Dodgers Mets bobbleheads.
Speaker 2: That's true, You're a good guy. I don't know. I'm torn, like, can you.
Speaker 1: Know your father, your future father in your girlfriend's dad likes the Dodgers and you're not, and you're gonna root for the Blue Jays.
Speaker 2: He's an LA guy.
Speaker 1: Well, Donny, baseball is uh a deciding factor here? I don't know, but maybe the best team win. I'm a little torn on it. Well, I imagine there's a lot of people that are torn on it. With the whole George Springer cheating storyline, even though that was a clutch moment. Again, all these things make it a confusing sort of situation, but.
Speaker 2: Or maybe just maybe just all like Canadians.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, We've made this point before and Dan Byer blame Canada, blame Canada. You need to settle down there, buddy. I just really up said that Justin Trudeau is getting with Katy Perry.
Speaker 2: That is true. Do what yeah Trudeau? Wow? Wow, Dan Meyer.
Speaker 1: Much like a prize fight, you said it before, you sit back, you watch and you'll figure it out. You end up rooting for somebody, whether you want to or not. Right now, it's time for our Tiraq play of the day. We're lying from the Fox Sports Radio studio. Toronto is headed to the World Series their first time since nineteen ninety three.
Speaker 4: Full count two outs, top of the ninth game seven of the ALCS, Hoppin's payoff.
Speaker 2: Pitch Blue's Egs win, the bnheads the Blues Eggs, when the bneans they're going to the World Series. Not the beat, it's so good, way mo speaker, Bluejay, hold on, hold on, mentioners, man, they will take on the LA Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Not to be nitpicking, but if you watch the ninth so you feel like they could have drawn a walk. I feel like they every batter swung at one like you know, cutter out of the zone like I mean, I know I'm being picky. It's a ninth and everyone's pressing. But you got to get cal runner on. Yeah, you had it like you and even the closer said the goal was to not face cal Raley. I know is common knowledge probably to some, but I had a Google. Jeff Hoffman related to Trevor. No, the answer is no, but you know grew up idolizing them of Blue Jays Radio Network. I'm not sure about that, Sam, I'll google it. And that's our tire ract play of the day. For over forty years, Tyrack's been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive. Ship Fast and free back by free Road has their protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation tyraq dot com.
Speaker 2: The tire buying should be now. The NBA. I have two words.
Speaker 1: Yesterday we talked about the two words everyone loves game sho. Two words for the NBA. Who cares? Wow, you gotta brought to you by Draftkicks. The NBA games the only reason to watch gamble because right now, when you are watching the World Series in a couple of days when you're right smack dab week seven then eight of the NFL. Not only that, you're trying to figure out the NFL. You're like, what is going now? Like we are, we're in the midst of we had a double doozy Monday night football last night. It's an interesting your seasons. You're trying to decide who am I pulling for in the World Series? October Baseball, Halloweens. You know, in a week your kids are probably figuring out their trunk re treat and trick or treat. I'm watching The Perfect Neighbor on Netflix, saying, what the hell I'm watching Chad Powers because no one else is and it's so freaking good five episodes in. You idiots better be watching Chad Powers.
Speaker 2: Danny G.
Speaker 1: Follow me on this one. I'll follow you on task I started last night. HBO mix the NBA, not to reminds you of you know, we go to Vegas, Danny J and they say, oh, the fights start at five thirty, and you're like, man, do they really or do they really started like eight o'clock because you're like, then you start doing the math, You're like the main event usually starts at all eleven eleven thirty on the East, so the good fights really don't start.
Speaker 2: Until it's like three hours of warm ups.
Speaker 1: It's like a waste. It's like preseason NFL. It's like telling someone, Hey, we're having people over at US seven o'clock. The host doesn't think you're really showing up at seven. They assume seven point fifteen is the time. Right, No one shows up at im here seven oh one. Like would jumping the gun NBA, no one cares until after Thanksgiving. In fact, the best you ever in the NBA was when it was remember Christmas Day, That shortened seas were like perfect. The NBA tips off on Christmas Day the next month and a half. I'm gonna, I'm honest, right now, i am going to be watching highlights faking my interest in the NBA until Christmas. He's not lying about that shortened season being the most exciting season.
Speaker 2: It really was. Some of that was action just started and we got right into it.
Speaker 4: It seemed like the perfect amount of time. But not for the owner pockets. And that's why they're not going to listen to all of our hot takes about you should start on Christmas day every year.
Speaker 1: Ynny, you know what it's Uh, it's only because of a couple of storylines, and you know, us trying to fish for good content for the show, and there's always gonna be some trauma, right, and you know you want to see what new players are emerging.
Speaker 2: Does Wenby take a big step forward this year?
Speaker 1: And anyone be okay, okay, we've only gotten better exactly.
Speaker 4: So the Rockets roll out the tallest opening day lineup in NBA history, and then you're.
Speaker 2: Then you're gonna be very intrigued by like, what do the Mavericks look like? Healthy?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: I get it to storylines, but other than for work purposes and to stay in the loop as a grown man, I have zero interest in the NBA until Christmas Day. I open might as well put in my stocking stuffer NBA. Oh look at this little marshmallow Santa and the NBA, because until until Christmas Day, the NBA I don't care about you.
Speaker 2: I don't care, and I'll stick to it. I don't care