Speaker 1: Really redly dalks. We'll do the snow tip to tip.
Speaker 2: This is all life, this is our passion.
Speaker 1: I'm Luke Thomas. I'm this this morning combat.
Speaker 3: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome inside everyone, Hello, how are you? It is cold where I am. It is cold for about two hundred million Americans if I can be honest, but it is warm right here next to the MK fire.
Speaker 1: My name is Luke Thomas.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for joining me on this twenty sixth day of two thousand twenty six. We have a lot to get to a huge focus today on UFC three twenty four. Let me first bring in my co host.
Speaker 1: For the day.
Speaker 3: Now you might be like, wow, Chuck Minnenhall has really altered his appearance in short order. Old Charles got stuck in the winter storm. He's okay, everyone, don't worry. But we couldn't actually make it for him to do the show with us today as a consequence, so we called in reinforcements from MMA fighting dot Com.
Speaker 1: It's our friend and yours Jed michue Hi, Jed, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm cold? But you know much better hair than Chuck minton Hall.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, by Virgine just having some Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't have as good of a hat as he does, but you know, happy to step in. I was not anticipating this until yesterday, but hooking, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Neither were we.
Speaker 3: And then he was like, this ain't gonna work, and we're like, all right, we got to figure out what we're gonna do here, so Chuck, we'll be back. I guess he might be back Friday, but I suspect to be back next Monday. And all's well that ends, well, well, how cold is it in Atlanta, Georgia?
Speaker 2: It is currently twenty four and I'm cold for Atlanta. I was talking, we were I was talking about this with Long Island Luke before we went live. I think this is the coldest I've ever felt Atlanta because it was eighteen when I woke up, and the windshill had it feeling like five and I don't know that that's ever I've experienced that in my fifteen years here. But it hasn't iced much. There's not much much precipitation, which we anticipated. So when I got the call yesterday, I was like, I hope I can do it, but they're telling us powers not going to work and everything shut down knock on wood. It is a lovely day.
Speaker 3: Other than the temperature, yeah, I can count. I mean I lived in Georgia for how many years I don't know, from fifth grade to essentially yeah, so like not quite ten years. And I mean a little more of it if you count, like time home away from college. But I can count on my hands a number of times that reached below thirty, you know what I mean. Like, that's just an incredibly rare occurrence.
Speaker 2: Come on, it snows here. It's not like fifteen. It's like, oh, it's snowed and it is thirty or it's twenty five.
Speaker 3: But we got it. We had freezing rain all day yesterday. We got about six inches of snow, so it wasn't.
Speaker 1: Too too bad.
Speaker 3: But but like's I can't stand it when it freezes and then the sun comes out and then it melts and then just refreezes everything, which is really quite annoying. But our producer got nearly two feet up there in central New Jersey, so it could always be work. But we have a lot to get Yeah, we have a lot to get to today, UFC three twenty four. So many different elements of this story to talk about. From the event itself to the individual fights really what it means for MMA as well as this new partnership. We're going to get to every element of that. Thumbs up if you're watching, of course on YouTube. If you're listening on an audio device or an audio podcast, consider giving us a nice review. You can see our socials to here for Morning Combat me as well as Jed Mshu, who's available on x and ig. Not to forget, we also still have merch Morningcombat Dot shop. Yes, the posters are sold out. We're going to get those to you in short order. But of course we still have some of these two shirts with a Stranger Danger design exclusive until January thirty, first eleven fifty nine pm Eastern Standard time. Before we get going to our topics, let's bringing the third member of the show. It's Long Island, Luke, Now, Long Island. What did you get out there? About a foot of snow up there.
Speaker 4: In the h up there in the Long Island parts.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we got about a snow not bad, shoveled it out last night.
Speaker 4: Good to go today.
Speaker 3: You know, let me ask a question, because I'm not a snow shoveling aficionado. By a stretch the imagination. What is the rule? Do you pre treat the concrete before you shovel or do you just wait till it's done and then you go shovel it?
Speaker 5: I mean a I have a gravel driveway, so there ain't no pre treating anything. But I just fucking shovel it, dude. The hardest part is the gravel. You know, half the time I'm picking up rocks with the snow, so I kind of just put it near the side of the driveway and then as it melts, you know, in the spring, I'm constantly picking out rocks out of my lawn and just throwing them back in the driveway.
Speaker 4: Obviously, it is what it is. Do what you gotta do.
Speaker 5: Fights this weekend though pretty hyped. Also, we're not gonna preview it today. We're gonna preview it on Friday, but we got another pay per view this weekend in Australia.
Speaker 4: Looking forward to that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's right. Is your dad gonna watch now that there's no pay there there's no paywall.
Speaker 4: He doesn't have paramount.
Speaker 5: I could give him my log I'm gonna say no because unless it was on like Netflix, probably not.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, yeah, fair enough.
Speaker 3: Before we get started, Jed. One quick question. One of the things that we often do, and I'm sure you've done it as well, is kind of use how many people in your non mma orbit all of.
Speaker 1: A sudden contest? Yes, all of a sudden.
Speaker 3: Randomly you get a text being like, Hey, what's up with the fight this weekend? This happens unfortunately, but it is true. This happens quite repeatedly. When Jake Paul fights. I get a lot of text messages from folks who ordinarily never contact me about this stuff. How many did you either get to before, during or after three twenty four?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: Before, I mean it was a bunch before. And so like me and my kech and fighting have the scale of the mom test were like, if my mom is texting me, that's when I know something has reached a criticality, right, because my mom doesn't give a shit about this, But like my friends have a lower bar and they'll pop in occasionally for the biggest fights. And basically all of them were were hitting me up about it because it was on paramount. They had been watching football, there were ads for it, and the biggest factor, which maybe I knew intrinsically, but I didn't really totally understand until this past weekend is they all knew Patty. Every one of them was texting about Patty. It was not oh the UFC's on Paramount's like, oh Patty Pimblet, and almost exclusively it was yeah, I thought he was. He was. He's the barstool guy. They knew him from barstool, and many of them are like, doesn't he suck? Like how is he fighting for a title? I thought he was at barstool but not very good, And then I had to explain to them like he's kind of okay and whatever. But basically all of my friends and my various friend groups at least reached out and were like, Hey, what's what's going on? When does I got a lot on fight day? When is the main event? Because they didn't want to watch the rest of that shit, but they're like, when is Patty walking?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean I definitely had not a whole bunch, not as much as a Jake Paul fight, but I definitely had a few friends reach out who ordinarily never ask. And that again is kind of always the spidy sense that you get about three twenty four. With that in my mind, let's kick things off topic number one. So let's start with the main event. Now, we're going to get to as I mentioned, how we feel about all the ads on the broadcast and some other factors that you saw related to just what was watching the event. Like, let's put a pin in that. We'll come back to it. Let's actually start with the fights themselves. Justin Gai Chee becomes a two time interim UFC lightweight champion in what I would call a pretty one sided bout. You can make an argument for Patty certainly to win round three. Maybe you could put in there round five as well. He definitely showed some durability. We're gonna get to that as well. But let's focus on Justin Gaigee if we can here, Jed, my first question to you would be he wins by unanimous decision forty nine to forty six on two of the judges scorecards forty eight forty seven on just one. The bout was largely entertaining.
Speaker 1: However, I do.
Speaker 3: Think it'd be fair to say alit sloppy. Certainly folks were vocalizing some concerns in that direction. Nevertheless, most people felt it was pretty entertaining. Me included your biggest takeaway though from the five round battle is.
Speaker 2: What ooh, I've got two. I'm trying to figure out what is the actual biggest because that's how words work. I'm gonna go with my biggest takeaway is that they did They did it. The UC got what they wanted right, Like, this is out of all the hullabaloo, all the talk, all the handling and pearl clutching and Ormandsrukan deserves to be fighting here and this one actually blah blah blah, none of that's wrong. But justin Gachee laid it out at the first pressers, like the reason I'm in this position is I am the most exciting fighter who's ever lived. That dude's pretty exciting too, And this is the first pay per view on Paramount. They want to put their best foot forward and I am that best foot And yeah, man, they did like that. It was that was That's a safe bet, but it's still paid off because we'll talk about the rest of the cars. You said kind of sucked And if the main event had been something different, if the main event had been Kyla Harrison versus a man in Nunez and that fight hadn't fallen apart, that fight can be boring. That fight could have looked like some of the other high level, not that entertaining fights because Patty and Pimblet or Patti Pimblet and Justin Gaichee was the main event, even if the rest of that card sucked, And like I said, a lot of my friends didn't tune in for the rest, They tuned in for the main event. Your first experience on Paramount Plus, the biggest thing, the thing you take away the most is that rocked. That just that ripped the shit man. And you've got Israel Adisnia coming out and saying that that is, you know, this generation's Bonnard Griffin. I think that's probably not true, but there's a kernel of truth there. The UFC wanted this, they bet on it, and they got paid off. Because even if the rest of this card was weak, main events slapped, there's.
Speaker 1: No denying I largely agree with that.
Speaker 3: I think the one setback and because the the UFC is playing with house money because they have they control both fighters. Right again, it's not rival promoters coming together to make a card so that in some sense they win either way. It does probably it's not great honestly for the UFC's future prospects that Patty didn't deliver here. Now they can't make him do that. They and I understand what everyone's going to say, is like they gave him every opportunity to be ready for this, for this moment, no question about it. I'm not suggesting otherwise. I'm simply saying, would it be better for their long term prospects for a guy at thirty one to do well versus a guy at thirty seven kind of almost going to be thirty eight on his way out the door. The answer is obviously to that point. Though, this is where I totally agree with your analysis here, which is that this was event when it was over that you were like, okay, so clearly more than normal. They were making a play for the casual fan. Casual fans always going to be a dominant factor in both matchmaking and event location and every other factor that goes into how they make money, but it was dialed up here. It seems to me a little bit more. Because we're going to talk about this. You could make a case that you watch the fifth and the sixth best guy at lightweight at best case scenario best case on Saturday. However, the fight. The fight delivered, I think not so much for the hardcore fan because of the nature of the sloppiness, but the nature of the back and forth.
Speaker 1: It was bloody.
Speaker 3: I got people were Gaichie was able to affect change, Patty had a couple of rallies and that third and again kind of in that fifth as well, like if you what you care about is drama in a fight and action in a fight, and you're not too concerned about whether this guy is number one versus number two? Just are they good enough? And is this fight entertaining enough? And are you appealing to crowds where that's really just the dominant factor. I don't know how this didn't deliver. I don't know how it didn't deliver, and anecdotally it appears that it did. Now the question, though, is related to this, How do you feel like the UFC is feeling about Gai Chee? About what what useful? What you tell is there now that they have to do something with this interim championship.
Speaker 2: They're feeling great. Look, if you were a hardcore fan and didn't care about that fight, I don't Maybe this is you, Luke, and so I hope you'll invite me back.
Speaker 1: I want to be clear, I was funny.
Speaker 3: I actually enjoyed the fight, and again I thought it was sloppy in parts. I think we all do it is. And then but I got off YouTube and then I get on Twitter and everyone was fucking killing it on my timeline and I'm like, I didn't allow.
Speaker 2: Joy, allow joy into your lives, you pretendily.
Speaker 1: So for me, I actually kind of enjoyed it. I really did.
Speaker 2: It was super fun, Like that's if if all, if you watch that fight and your takeaway is these aren't the best light weights in the world. This is live like no ship. Nobody thought they were coming into this. Allow things to be fun, embrace it because we've got like maybe three Justin Gayee fights left. That's he's the exciting fighter ever. That was fun as hell. And I think the UC doesn't care, right like we talked in the pregame preview that this is not a win win, right they they would have preferred that Pimblic got over here. But I think this ended up just fine for them because Pimblet did kind of get over he lost to gai Chie. But nobody left that fight being like, well not nobody. Iliot's purr In Armin serukin our haters all the way through, but most people left that were like, man, Patty Pimblet's tough as shit, like that's good on him, and so he got elevated a little bit. But the reality is, like, if he beat Gaichie, it is not like Paddy Pimblett is the future lightweight champion because Eliot Dupuri would spark his ass too, So it's just like they would have preferred it. But it's totally fine for Ilia to get to fight Geichie and have the most exciting fighter alive fight maybe the best fighter alive, and kill him. You know, there are some downstream effects of like when is I are going to fight a dude in the prime of his career. That would be nice, but that doesn't matter for them. I think mostly they're a okay with this because justin Gaigee is very popular in general, he's not as popular as Patty, and they get absolutely put this on the White House with an American champion if they'd like to, though maybe you don't want to see the lone American champion get sparked because that's seems pretty likely to what to be what happens when they do face off.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the fight, all right.
Speaker 3: So I thought I am too willing to bury the unks, which affected my pick on Friday, because I was like, I thought that Geechee was going to land on him, which he sure.
Speaker 1: Did, sure did, And I thought that it was going to happen.
Speaker 3: Was what you got in the first round, that Patty was going to get his shit rocked and then maybe start to rally. And then when he rallied a little bit in the third, I was like, all right, well, maybe something's gonna happen here. And then geyge closed that fucking door pretty quickly in the fourth. But I have to say, what did you make of Patty's game plan? Because I want to tell you what I feel. I see a lot of people saying, oh, why didn't he go for more takedowns? And if you look at the number jed, it's a five in total he attempted. He got none of them. One in the first, he attempted, one in the fourth, and then three in the fifth, and they all whiffed. Obviously, here's the problem for me, though, if you actually look at the number of takedowns Patty in the UFC overall, now including this bout is four for eighteen lifetime in UFC takedown attempts four for eighteen.
Speaker 2: The guys Ckenzy Durn numbers right, So.
Speaker 1: McKenzie derned numbers.
Speaker 3: And in fact, if you look at the four takedowns he has, one of them is real slick. It's a hoagoshi. He got to think of the Jordan Levit fight. But most of them come from someone else establishing contact and then him hitting a switch or finding some kind of back take to you know, a matt return, which will count as a takedown. You know, typically that's where it comes from. It doesn't come from being far away shooting and then getting a takedown. So I'm not gonna say he couldn't have done it more. Here's my takeaway from this bout, Jed, and I'd love to know if you agreed it was. What's interesting to me about this is both on the feet and on the ground, at least in so much as the wrestlingness concern, not the actual you know, he had mount or something. What's interesting to me is Gei Chee actually had to face Patty's best stuff. Patty gave him basically everything he had, and it wasn't even close to enough on the feet. He was landing his best weapons, the uppercut hook that he likes a lot of those front leg attacks, whether he's going to the leg, to the body or to the head, the jumping switch knees that he tries, the switch dance blitzes off of the back, and all of them to one degree or another, jed. They all kind of landed. I just mentioned the takedown component. Could there have been a little bit more sure, But in the fifth round he had double underhooks, tried for two takedowns on an outside trip as well as against the fence, and Gee Chee had a better idea about how to defend it than Chandler ever did. To me, the story of the fight is Patty showed every card he had and he still got wiped out. There is something to be said about Gai Chee's resilience with all the damage he's had that made that possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I got a lot of thoughts here. I gave you my biggest thought. My second biggest thought, right under the one I gave you that first section was I think people just are doomed to underestimate justin Gaechee the fighter, right, like everyone kind of agrees, or most people agrees, the most exciting fighter alive and probably ever, But like that underrates how good of a fighter he is, what he has accomplished over his career, the fact that he has been able to go through multiple different generations of fighters and still be near the top of the game, the fact that he basically did like a hard style switch midway through his career career, which is very rare and very difficult thing to do. And the fact that I do agree in large part with what you said, like that he came in very prepared, He faced most of Patty's best shit and it was fine. I do think there is a little bit also to some criticism of here, because I thought Patty had good tactics and some bad strategy, frankly, and we talked about it in the pregame preview, where there are a lot of things that Patty can do, and he did all those things. He did the upper cut, he was kicking at range, had a lot of stepping knees and a lot of just like attacks down the middle, which is pretty good against Geegee, who in general ducks his head a lot and is kind of there to be hit on those. The biggest issue I think Patty had. He should have shot more takedowns, but I'm with you that largely wouldn't have worked. The problem is he just kept backing up and if he needed to be putting Gaigee on the back foot, like you go, watch how Justin Gage loses, it's it's he's getting backed up, right, And instead Patty was against the fence the whole time. And I don't know how much of that was just because he got jawed pretty early and that sort of sent him into fight or flight mode. But every time he had success, he was the one advancing, and most of the fight he just simply wasn't doing doing that. And if you told me he was gonna be on the back football fight, I would have been like, it's gonna look at zachly like that, except I would have thought gag would have gotten him out of there. But yeah, man, Justin Gegie's just he's so much better of a fighter than people recognize because he's got a little bozo to him, and people underrate the the bozon is and it efficacy. But like, dude, that crackdown that he was rocking with the front headlock series. Thing like that was that just completely neutered Patty's ability to get in transition, because you're right, Patty gets his takedowns in scrambles and just was just like, all right, I'll hold this. You can't do anything from here until I decide we're done. He had a lot of good tactic like a lot of good little tactical things. And she's just a better fighter than Patty pimbletman.
Speaker 3: He's a significantly better fighter. I'm so glad you brought that up, because if you look at the takedown that Patty got on Chandler, he goes for a single leg and then Chandler tries to turn and bail and get away, and then then allows Patty to hold the leg and then follow and get the body lock, which he then hit a matt return on and then he took the back right, so they was at the beginning of the end. Was set up from that moment, whereas Geigee was like, no down, blocking, underhooking, spraw hard, sprawling, right, not even gonna let you get I'm not even gonna let you get close to wrapping me up in any capacity. And to the extent we are wrapped up. It's gonna be on my terms, not yours. I totally agree on the backing up part, dude. The tape has been clear on this, and I did not. This part was not surprising. I was like, I knew he was gonna get backed up by Geiegee, in part because a Geigie had said, you know, this is about champions moving forward. And also Patty's got a little Tyrann Woodley in him where the fight starts saying whoop, he just backs up right away and then sometimes he makes it work and sometimes he in this case doesn't. But I was like, all right, well, what weapons is he gonna use to keep Geechee at range? And you know, some of that worked, but not nearly enough.
Speaker 1: Obviously.
Speaker 3: What's interesting to me is do he landed on Geichee a lot? And it didn't really do shit?
Speaker 2: Statistically landed more mikes and gai Chie did she did?
Speaker 3: And then I forget too, like it's like it's like, bro, he you gave gei Chee not just all the weapons, like the different kinds of weapons, but like it wasn't like Geechee had to like, yes, some of them were blocked. Much of that landed clean and it didn't do fuck all to him. And it's like, do we have to have a conversation about whether Patty's obviously got some stoppage wins via strikes as UFC debut for example, came that way.
Speaker 1: And you know, he was beating the shit on Michael Chandler.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying he can't hurt people, but there and the Geichee is still pretty tough. There is a question about what kind of pop he has, right.
Speaker 2: I mean, he obviously does not have like natural power that is not part of him.
Speaker 3: But like the mechanics on some of these punches in all he was trying to stab him with overhand stab You're never.
Speaker 2: Gonna get like if you don't naturally have power and your mechanics are bad, it's gonna be super like this is all working against you. But like, also, yeah, when he beat the shit ounder Michael Chandler, he can hit like he has some He's a big dude, He's strong enough. The difference is he's beating the shit uper Michael Chandler from a dominant position where he has leverage, and I never thought if he is strictly backing up, it's just way harder to hit somebody hard when your back is against the fence, when the space is taken away from you. And Justin Gaichie also maybe he hurt Justin at points. I do think one of the fascinating parts of Justin Gaigie's like uber in general, it's really hard for me to know when he's hurt because he's so wobbly, Like in general, he's he's sort of constantly he got a little bit of that DDP where like, okay, he's breathing heavy, but that doesn't mean he's tired. That's just how he works in life. And so maybe he hurt him at a few points in time, but like, yeah, he he's he has to either get better at striking, which seems like boxing, not striking, because he's had a good kicks, which seems like a tall, tall order thirty one years old. The cake sort of feels baked, or he needs to shift up like thematically how he's going about it, because he's never going to hurt people like that.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at this picture of Patty's face. This is what he looked like at the end of the fight. I tell you what I did learn this Patty's got a fucking chin, bro, I mean, whatever else you want to say about him, Geechee was landing on this fool and he you know, I was amazed at how well he was able to take the punches relatively speaking.
Speaker 2: Dude, it is not just that he's landing on this fool. Shout out to Jack Slack who pointed this out on his post podcast or whatever. Justin Gaechee was landing shots against like and Justin Gaigie one of the harder hitters of this weight class, like ever, right, just this pure power. Maybe he's a little older, maybe he had staff, like, maybe he didn't have as much pop, but he was not just hitting Patty clean. He was hitting Patty clean when Patty's like on one foot and like not in a good position to take the strikes, and he is just like wearing it. And yeah, Patty got dropped. Patty. They credited Gaigie with two knockdowns, which I think is ludicrous. Like I think he dropped him like five times. Yeah, but like the fact that he was able to just work through like getting jawed in the most awkward positions. Hell of a chin man, like you cannot cannot question the man's durability and heart.
Speaker 1: Last thing on Patty for just a moment. Do you to me this.
Speaker 3: I'm not in any way saying it's the same as the five round beating basically, basically that Gegee put on Tony Ferguson.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying it's the same. It's not. The damage was not as much. That was a especially brutal beating.
Speaker 3: However, do you worry about the amount of damage Patty took in this fight in terms of his chances, Maybe not all the way for his long term but for his next.
Speaker 2: Fight, No, I will say, because I have the stats up. I've been kind of looking at him this morning. Geechee landed one more significant strike per UFC stats against Patty than he did against Tony. Of course, he didn't get any knockdowns against Tony, so statistically it was a worse beating. But I'm with you, he ended Tony Ferguson's career was pretty tough. I'm not that concerned about Patty because I Patty's I think, is still young enough where you can take a beating. But historically, fighting justin Geegee has been bad for your long term health in this sport, and so it is something to look at moving forward. I'm not sure though that we'll know right because of the unique Patty pimbletonness of this all. Because if he goes out and he fights let's say, Charles Oliver loses to Max Holloway, Patty fights Charles and Charles beats him, We're not going to be like, oh, his chin is cracked. He can't like, yeah, Patty's not very good will be I think the dominant storyline, but it is something to watch out for because like, you don't have that many of those in you, man, There's just not that many people can take that sort of a beating that many times. That's really the first one that I can I'm clocking for Patty, but he took a lot of damage.
Speaker 3: Bro, What does it mean that Gaeygee is a two time interim champion?
Speaker 2: I think it's awesome. Frankly, it doesn't mean like, it doesn't mean nothing. It doesn't mean the world. But like he is, in my estimation, the most accomplished UFC fighter of all time to never win an undisputed belt because it's a two time interim champion. Even if this one is way more suspect than the first one, was right BMF champion, and like there's an argument that not that he would be the best lightweight in the world, but that Iliotaporio should not currently have a belt right now, and so like it could be an undisputed title. It would be he wouldn't be the best lie in the world, but he could have it. And so it's I think it feels very appropriate for a fighter like Justin Gagee, who's maybe never been the best guy in the world, but he was. He has been right there for a very long time to add another, you know, trophy to the to the case.
Speaker 1: I have struggled with this one.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure what it means pardon me again, in part because Justin faced both Max and Charles Lavera and got smoked by both of them, you know, and it's like, now he's holding an interim title. What does it mean to be a two time interim champion. I'm not really sure because it's not really a number one I mean, it ends up being a number one contender fight as a consequence, but but you know, it's not really a number one contenders fight.
Speaker 1: So I have a little bit of difficulty with it.
Speaker 3: But it did remind me and I said this on Saturday night, and again people poop poo in this performance. Justin didn't look to me like, of course prime Justin not only you could definitely see that there was a little bit of a slowing down. At the same time, people are like, oh, he's washed. I don't think he's actually fully washed. I don't really believe that. And more to the point, the fact that a guy like this, after all the miles he's been put on him, after all the I mean even in fights where he's won, he's had his fucking brain rattled, you know, and then to still be out here and then dunk in on what the best thirty one year old that basically the division has to offer just kind of speaks to this generation of lightweight's him, the poirier'sbeams, the Connors for a moment anyway, and the RDAs and the Tony Ferguson's like that class. I honestly, I really as good as there are some other lightweights out there. I really think that this class is not going to be replaced anytime soon. If ever, it was very very special, and you're looking at one of the last kind of horsemen of that movement still doing some to me pretty interesting and really capable stuff. Dude.
Speaker 2: I remember when you first pitch that whatever is like, look at these fucking old war horses still just turning back. And I was like three years later it's like, yeah, gay chee be a philpasive who's supposed to be the future? Hey, just be Patty, who's supposed to be the future. Like it's just like, Okay, it's incredible, like what this little class of badasses has done. And I'm really happy to have like not just lived through it, but like this has been the prime of my fandom and in a lot of ways to have been fully not like, oh this happened when I was just learning about MMA. It's like, oh, I know this and it rocks. Man.
Speaker 3: Let's get to the people who even kind of dancing around this whole time, which is who I think are.
Speaker 1: The two best lightweights in the world. Let's start with, uh, you know what, Let's start with.
Speaker 3: The champion himself. Here's a tweet from Eliot Toporia two I'm guessing to Patty obviously quote, Hey, little sausage, the only thing you had to do was be the thirty eight year old guy. By the way, I you can just if you say that in Taporia's voice, all you have to do is just beat a thirty eight like any like He's like, you're comparing him to like any guy off the street who happens to be thirty eight. Like the disdane with which he is treating Geegee is remarkable. He says, you just lost the biggest paycheck of your life. You were going to get rich if you won. Justin all I can say is congratulations, and I'd like to tell you to get ready, but you're screwed no matter what I gotta tell you.
Speaker 1: Iliot Taporia from the Top Rope. I love this message.
Speaker 2: I'm a okay. I have a lot of issues with basically everything Ilia Taporia has said over the last two years, not this one, like this is exactly right, Like you got beef with that dude, and you can dunk on on that dude like that is a okay thing to do. You know. I do think he also lost the biggest pain day of his life. I think it would it's better for his career if he beats Patty than Geigee. But like it is, I totally understand dunking on him right now. And yeah, I mean the most likely outcome is that he blows the doors off Justin Kichi.
Speaker 1: I think to Poria, well, okay, let's be clear about this.
Speaker 3: And I said this a long time ago when people were like, oh, what about Patty versus Ilia? And I was like, brother, I mean, if you wanted to end Patty's career, you set him up with Ilia would turn him into.
Speaker 1: Ash, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: I mean, just absolutely Medusa him turn him into fucking stone with what he would do. I think Gates you would be a little bit more competitive and certainly put up more of a fight, But I don't think his chancers are great either, which then brings us to a more interesting consideration, namely, what about Arminsar Yukim the kind of odd man out here who one way or the other probably should have been in this bout. He had something to say as well, here's this week quote. That's what happens when you're gifted opportunities and pushed up the rankings artificially, a completely undeserved title shot for Patty. Congratulations to Justin. He showed real heart and unel like others. He'll step up and take the fight with me in respect.
Speaker 1: So what do you make of this.
Speaker 3: It is obvious that these two guys are the best lightweights in the world, but in terms of how you feel like their stock or their appearance or their value shakes out sort it for.
Speaker 2: Me, dude, I just put it in our private chat. One of my favorite photos of the evening. It is Arman serukin immediately after the main event. Yeah, look at Look at how mad fucking dude.
Speaker 3: Like.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I've ever seen a dude more bitter about what just has Like. You can see the thought in his head of like, I would fucking kill these dudes. I would put them both back to back and I would I would finish them inside of five. He's furious about what has gone on here, and it sucks for him. Man, I think he's the best lightweight on earth. He's certainly the lightweight on earth who has done the most right, Like he has consistently been beating top opposition. Ilia has one sensational win, but he's got one win lightweight. And Yeah, under any normal circumstances, he would have gone in there. He would have fought.
Speaker 4: He would have.
Speaker 2: I would bet almost anything in the world that he would have beaten either Man and now he like hopefully best case scenario, gets to fight for the title at the end of this year. But Long Island Loop, maybe you can confirm this or either of you if you remember. I think I recall Dana saying Armand's gonna have to fight again at the post presser, which like he'll beat whoever he fights. But bro, that sucks like this. It just he's done more than enough to get his day in court. And I think he's the best lightwood on earth, and he might not get to prove that until next year, and he may never get to fight Ilia, because I do not think Ilia Taporia is trying to fight this man at all, and so he even when even if he does it, there will be people who will be like, well, you're the best of the rest because Ilia is not here.
Speaker 3: DK early odds are friends here at draft Kings Taporia minus four fifty five, gai Chi plus three fifty and Gaiche's defense. He was the underdog from a betting standpoint heading into this one, so I know some folks made some good money with this one. This one, however, I mean, I love again. I cannot respect what Geigee has done and that generation of lightweights have done, but dude, Taporia is gonna fucking smash him. How would a Gaichie versus I will tell you a Gaichie Armand fight is interesting to me because Gaichi would at least put up some resistance on the takedown, right. I mean, I think eventually Arman would get it, But the question is what kind of tax he's gonna have to pay before that happens. To me, it's a Pooria versus Geche is less interesting because I think eventually Taporia is just gonna electrocute him. But the Arman one, to me, he's gonna have to work for it. And for that reason, I kind of like that scrap a little bit more.
Speaker 2: I mean, by the smallest of margins, do I think it's more competitive?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, Like I Armand will just have beibe Geichie and like he will just make Gaichie walk backwards constantly and try and circle and eventually he'll get it. Like once we were all confident that if Patty got Geichie down, it was Curtains. I'm like, this is the difference between Armand and Patty is significant. And Armand can wrestle his ass off. Go ask Lance Palmers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he's got no subs. Okay, he doesn't need talking about this. I know he subbed Dan Hooker, Okay, armand did. But in general, I'm not convinced that like, oh he gets the back, he's some kind of threat from there. I'm I'm less convinced by that.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty convinced that he would realll me that he would dummy Gaichee once he got to the floor. I do think Gochie will make it harder to get to the floor, but like I maybe it is the Homer in me. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely believe that Eli Taporia like logically, is going to beat Justin Gaichie. I was incredibly confident that javel Fhaziv would just be a better striker than Justin Gaichie. And they have fought for thirty minutes and mostly gey Chee's tuned him up. Geechie has tools on the feet and like the gap there, I think is the athleticism the age. It is certainly enough, but like I'm, I at least have some level of interest in seeing how that shakes out, because Geechee has historically proven me wrong, specifically with fights, and you know, this is a million years old and you shouldn't put too much stock into it. But if Jie Herbert can buzz you, I strongly suspect Justin Geigee at least has the potential to do that. So I don't think either fight is competitive realistically, like logical brain Jed, but lizard Jed thinks that Gegee has a better chance against the Poria than it does against Armon.
Speaker 3: With that in mind, let's now move to the co main event, topic number two. So he had to work for it here a little bit, but he got it done. Sean O'Malley wins a unanimous decision defeating Song You Dong. Now, he started out with a decent first round Song A Doong looked like he might have been mounting what was going to be a winning performance by the end of that second. But to me, the interesting factor here is the way which O'Malley rescued himself in the third. With that in mind, is the story of the fight. Jed that O'Malley did rally in that third and had the best round of the three, of any of the rounds that either of them had in an impressive showing, or did the fact that he had to rally in the third show that he's declined.
Speaker 2: Uh, I don't think Shawn O'Malley has declined. I don't really think the story is either like, oh, look, Sean rallied so much as my big takeaway and this fight was, oh Sean didn't. He was slow to start. Maybe that's because he's been doing five rounders so much, because once he got up to speed, like, once he got going, it was like, oh, that's exactly that Shawn O'Malley. I anticipated it, just he didn't get going for a while. And I think the most logical explanation is like, Okay, he just he came in a little cold because he's not used, like he just hasn't done this in a while. And to some extent, also, Song you Do came out hot, like he knew he needed to set a tone early. He tried. He doesn't have that many tools, so that's pretty tough for song. But like he he made it a fight early, and then Sean finally just you know, sometimes it takes a little while to get the engine going. Luke, you know, once he did.
Speaker 3: Nah, but see here's why. No, Okay, But the thing is, if I hadn't seen Tim Welch be like apoplectic in the fucking corner between the second and third, and he wasn't like shouting him down.
Speaker 1: But he was like, yo, like you gotta go, this is the moment.
Speaker 3: You know, fast, you gotta be long, you gotta be quick, you gotta be first, best five minutes, let's go, Like he was really trying to. I'm not putting it on par with the between the fourth and fifth round of the Kamara Usbin lee On Edwards rematch, like you know, you gotta go, kid, But I am saying that like they were trying to jolt this dude back to being awake. And I can buy that the three rest around from the five rounds, you know, clearly can be an adjustment for him. But I don't know, man, I'm a little bit of the belief that like two losses in a row, he's he's been kind of talking I'm not saying in a non committal way about his career, but it's not it was we talked about the big opportunity, but he's been a little bit like lost in the sauce about what this all.
Speaker 1: Kind of means. I think he was feeling a little bit.
Speaker 3: I think it took him a while to like to not just yes, get going obviously, but to kind of recognize like even said, for example, right, he even said.
Speaker 1: I thought he was going to be way, way faster.
Speaker 3: I think he had built up in his mind the difficulty of the moment to a little bit and was a little bit feeling it. And it was only after he kind of calmed down that he was able to let you know, and then he got a coach in his ear to kind of get going. I'm not to me like the five to three round three I absolutely think is a factor, but I'm not sure if it's the dominant one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, and that could totally be it, because this was he probably had the most pressure of any fighter on him, just because like with the win, and we'll talk about that in the second maybe he's fighting for a belt. With the loss, his career is in full blown free fall at that point in time, like and so maybe that's it. Maybe he just felt a little bit of the press. Sure, but he's never been like a super fast starter anyway. The second round, the first round, you know, kind of made sense. The second round was when I was like, oh, Sean O'Malley might be losing and then he just fought normally in the third round, and he tuned him up. So I don't know what It's hard for me to draw like major conclusions about anything other than like, Seanamalley is still one of the five best dudes in this weight class. Uh and Song of dong Is seems to have hit like seems to have a very clearly defined ceiling.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about Sonydall for a second. We'll circle back to Sean Omalley. But you brought it up, and I really wanted to get to it. Here's a guy who you keep they keep calling him up to the majors, and then he can't. He can't close the show on the hill, you know what I mean. They bring him up to fight San Haagen doesn't go his way. I know he does have a win over Shudo, but we all know that there was obviously, you know, a fair amount of controversy related to how that one end didn't they call him up here, and there's been some other ones too. He does have the winner for Marlon Vera, but that was from a long time ago. He obviously is good. He is still young, as you indicate in that first round. The power and like the thudding nature what he was throwing. He was trying to set a physical tone. He can do stuff, but jed, why can't he seem to graduate to the next level?
Speaker 2: Dude, I don't. I think the answer is he doesn't have that many tools, right, like he he just had doesn't there's not a depth to his game. Correct me if you think I'm wrong here, But like, he's mostly doing the same stuff and he's very athletic, his hands are quite fast, and you know, he can do a little bit of everything, but he doesn't have any superpower to rely on. You know, he doesn't have a weapon or two to build a game around, and so he just kind of can't get it. Because it's not just that he has been given steps up to the majors. He has three times been called up to the big leagues on the best terms possible guys on big losing streaks, and he has not pulled it off in any of them. He's still only twenty eight, so like, hard to say he's never going to get there, But like, how many bites at the apple do you get before? It's just like, this is who you are, and there's nothing wrong with that, but you're a top ten guy, you're not a top five guy.
Speaker 1: I unfortunately agree.
Speaker 3: Like if you just compare him to like again and you could say, oh, well, this is the best guy in the division. Fine, but that's a good benchmark. What does it look like when you're really good? Take someone like pyotor Yan. Think about all the things that fucking guy can do. The takedowns, the scrambling. He doesn't have the most significant submission threat, but I bet that's better than we think too. And then on the feet, the number of tools and how he blends it all together. And then you look at songa Doong and it's like, obviously he can do stuff, but it's just a very diet version of that. Like even if he had won this fight, they were like really hype behind getting a Chinese guy in a title fight, which again was part of matchmaking. If you would be able to surf that opportunity, dude, Yan would fucking wash this guy.
Speaker 1: I mean, he can do vastly more.
Speaker 3: He can take the fight to places that that that song has simply no way to follow. And so it's like I want for him to turn that corner and I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm not ready to.
Speaker 3: Rule it out, but unless he skill builds in some kind of way more than just like defensively.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to say.
Speaker 3: This is a sportman, We're gonna talk about some other fighters on this car where it's gonna be relevant. Everyone knows offense is more important than defense, but in MMA, it's like, dude, this is a lot more important. I mean, if you don't have good defense, you also won't win a title. But you need to make sure you can do a bunch of stuff you and have an ace in the hole too. It's a tough business. But I just don't feel like what Song's calling card. He's got a huge punch, he's athletic, he's got pretty good takedown defence for the most part.
Speaker 2: I don't This is gonna be mean, and I'm okay with that. I if I was a fighter of talent and means if I and I'm not, If you can't look at this and understand that that's not correct, I don't know what to tell you. If I was somebody still young with a future in this sport, I don't know what would get me there, but it I just would never go to Team Alpha male I.
Speaker 1: Who who is strong?
Speaker 2: I mean they are better than many gems. But if you're trying to ascend, like what who's who's the fighter that is? Like Cody Garbrand is the best fighter Team Alpha Male has produced, not Dwayn Ludwig right, like and do you do you want to be where Cody's current career is, Like it's I know, I don't think he trains there anymore, but like I how is he gonna get those tools when nobody at Team Alpha Male has like like superior tools. The one trick they had is guillotines, and that doesn't seem to be a case like happening anymore. Like he if I was in you Doong's corner, I'm sure they are nice and they are a professional team, but like, man, you got to go somewhere else to get something going because this just isn't working. He's he's not developing. He's the same dude. And that dude is good, it's a top ten dude. But if you have title aspirations, I don't think that's the place you're going to get them over the hump.
Speaker 3: So, thinking about what's next for Sean O'Malley, what do you think the UFC is going to do? There have been basically two different directions that have been proposed. One is, you could at this point give him a title shot. Again, I didn't think the fight was bad by any stretch.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: It wasn't a scintillating performance until the end of the third, but otherwise a competent one and certainly a deserving one for advancement.
Speaker 1: Could you go to title shot route? You could.
Speaker 3: That's one direction. The other one that I keep seeing pop up is about versus him, versus Corey Sandhagen. Could be on the White House, could be somewhere else for Jet If you get to play matchmaker four a day, how do you sort the top of this division? Rob's and the waiting in the wings. We'll talk about Umar a little bit later. And now you've got Sean O'Malley.
Speaker 1: What do you do?
Speaker 2: Dude? If I get the sort, we're gonna have the most fun. I don't think this is what will happen, But like looking at that fight, I think Sean O'Malley did a miracle on Saturday, which is he was ninety five percent to fight for the bantamway title, and I think that performance was the five percent. Oh, actually, never mind, We're just gonna do more and pyoder again. Uh, he's gonna have to fight again. I think they'll go Santagan. But if I'm in charge, this is the easiest thing in the world. Hey, when Morab and pyoder Yan fight for the belt on whatever card, that's going to be the feature about or the five round Comaine five rounds for sure. Shannamalley versus Umar Amerca Medov Stone Cold title eliminator, no questions asked. Do it it is our you know it is off brand, great value discount version of Connor Habib and the winner. Like, honestly, coming off that fight, Sean can maybe even feel like he can beat Umar, not his fight, coming off Umar's fight, and if Umar gets it, then Umar's fighting again like that. This seems like the obvious answer that they will not in any.
Speaker 3: Way do Loyer and Luke has a theory on this. What is your theory about which way will go?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 5: Like Jed just said, they're not gonna put Sean against Umar, even though that's mericratically whatever the fucking word is, what, Yeah, what you should do?
Speaker 4: I think they're gonna do O'Malley yan too.
Speaker 5: I'm even thinking possibly at the White House, and then I think, just on a random fight night, you do Morobar to winner of that is the rightful number one bro.
Speaker 4: You can't do that.
Speaker 5: It would be fucked up. And you know, I love Marab. I'm not saying I want I don't want this to happen. I'm just I feel like that's how the UFC is gonna go. It's just my theory.
Speaker 2: I don't I do not believe. I can't believe they would make Morob fightar.
Speaker 3: I such, but he you know, I mean, I'm not one of these guys who's like, oh, if you lose convincingly, you should get a rematch. But I'll make an exception in this case, given what Morob has done.
Speaker 2: I may I think all immediate rematches are awful and should never happen. The lone the two caveats being stone called robbery and like it has to be Stone called it can't be competitive, and the other is trilogy fight. They split the two one hundred percent, you should run that a third time. There's no no doubt in my mind that's what should happen. I do think that is likely to happen now. And if that's gonna happen, Like, why have Sean fight Corey and then if like if Corey wins, then I guess you're just defaulting it to Umar. And if Sewan wins, he gets it, and then Umar's just for an arm and limbo, Like just have those two dudes fight. Sean can beat Umar. I don't think he will, but he can beat him. Have him fight him. Nobody thought he'd beat Piotianny did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I will say this though, just getting back to Sean romalley as we wrap up on this topic here. To me, what was interesting was I definitely there was a nice crowd pop for Sean O'Malley. I think he did enough of a job as we talked about for advancement.
Speaker 1: He did what he was supposed to do.
Speaker 3: I do think though, that the Paramount story as well as the particulars of the main event have definitely drowned out a little bit. It's not like he's made a huge impact with the song you dong win, Would you agree with that? Like there's like most of the focus is just main event and then UFC Paramount as a storyline itself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was you know, he wasn't supposed to be in the co main event anyway, and it does feel like it's just being treated as the feature about, which is what it was originally, because the performance wasn't great, you know, like it was it was perfectly fine professional. Some people scored that fight for song. I didn't, but I think it's it's not like the biggest robbery to give song one and two there, and so like that's just one of those fights that happens and that we don't talk about or care that much about moving forward. And maybe that's better for Sean O'Malley because he can just you know, he said afterwards, I'll just wait, I'll wait for the title shot. And historically that's kind of a bad idea, but lately it's not. And especially if you're a guy that they like and want to give opportunities to. Maybe if everyone just forgets about this and you sit out for a while, you get it. And certainly it's one hundred percent. I think I think we could both agree on this loop. If something happens, if Morob gets injured, then Shawn's just in and there's no question about it.
Speaker 3: Yes, if Morob retired today, this would be a much more easy conversation to parse. I will say this. I have my notes up here, and I wanted to make a point. Then I forgot what I was gonna say. Oh no, let me remind you. For me, we talk about some of the best fights that can be made in MMA within a weight class, so like who Islam would fight at seventy a natural seventy, or or as we've talked about, a fifty five to Poria and sar you can one of the more interesting. I'm not saying it's the best fight at thirty five necessarily. What I am saying is it will be a crime if San Haagen and O'Malley don't fight in like relatively soon.
Speaker 1: Like I don't like.
Speaker 3: Them fighting past their primes is not as interesting to me them fighting now. I gotta tell you that would be one of my more anticipated fights this year. I think that would be fucking electric, huge stakes, because is obviously sitting in something of a very advantageous position. Corey could steal that or certainly even now put himself even further back in the title return that he I think still envisions for himself. There's just a lot of going on, to say nothing of the particulars of the striking battle itself that we would get. Count me in as all in favor of O'Malley versus San Haagan as a fight that I really really want.
Speaker 1: To see in twenty twenty six. That's just my personal opinion.
Speaker 2: I think that fight's awesome. I've wanted like that's been a great fight forever, and I love that Corey called for it because that's how you get it, and that seems like that seems like what will happen because Sean can also get a title fight by beating Corey and it is probably easier to beat Corey than it is to beat Umar. And yeah, dude, that fight rocks. So it's bandam weight. Man, it's really hard to make a bad fight with top guys at bantam weight, Like it's it's pretty difficult to do that here.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: And speaking getting back to song youa dong and say, dude, is san Haagan the best guy in the division. I think he's one of the best, but obviously I don't think he's the best guy. But look how skillful this fucking guy is, Sean Miley. Look how skillful yawn skillful? Morob need, I mean, not as skillful, but obviously he has a few things working for him that make that all work. Look at Umar, he's got problems, but fucking skillful. And then song you doong. It's like, dude, what is your path to beating guys who can do this many things? I just don't know.
Speaker 2: He has no weapon that is critical, Like there is no no one single thing and not even like a preponderance of offense that is like, ah, he don't have anything he needs. I've said my piece on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he needs to go somewhere else. All right, With that in mind, let's talk now about our friends at Hule. You guys might have heard about him. We talked about them previously on the show. And I want to start with a very basic question, which is how do you do your macros? How do you make sure you get enough protein and not just like the BS kind of protein, but high quality protein and the kind that can be delivered not so much with just some kind of you know, gross bulking away where you're eating bad food that's not great for you, but you know, in a kind of healthy, sustained and nutrient dense and nutrient rich kind of weight. Well, our friends at Whole are gonna take care of you. I want to tell you about their Black Addition RTD. Excuse me, that sends for ready to drink and black addition powder. Why it's the emergency. They're ready to drink bottle emergency high protein complete freaking meal. And the best part is, if you want to grab one of those bottles on the go, show that graphic.
Speaker 1: One more time long island luke these ones.
Speaker 3: This is what I'm talking about here, right, These two things of course available at Target, as we're going to indicate here, but more to the point as well, they also have the powder, which is controlled, customizable, high protein complete meal itself, and of course you can remix that in a few different directions. Thirty five grams of protein are more in the ready to drink bottle and the powder sitting at forty grams per serving. You're gonna get your macros done in the best way that you have that you have seen them. Twenty seven essential vitamins and minerals for folks who can Caret's gluten free as well, under five dollars per meal. And of course, if this is important to you, and I know it is for many of you out there, no artificial sweetener's colors or flavor so you can hit your protein goals in a much more easy, almost like a default kind of choice way if you need to. That's healthy. It's got a great bundle for building good habits in the morning or how you want to end your day, depending on how it goes. But of course it's gonna weave right into all of you having good patterns in the morning and having a good routine in the morning, both with your diet as well as just self care generally is really important. The way in which Huel delivers their product is going to help you integrate that very, very seamlessly. So here's what you guys are gonna do. Right If you're focusing on protein right now, and I know many of you are, or just feeling like a little more put together, this bundle is gonna help you get Hules High Protein Starter Kit today with our exclusive offer of twenty percent off. You can use this online with the code listen to me now Combat twenty K O M B A T. The numbers two zero Combat twenty go to Heule h U E l Fule dot com slash Combat twenty Heule dot com slash Combat twenty New customers only. Thank you to Hewle for partnering and supporting our show. All right, very good. With that in mind, let's now talk about the rest of the UFC three twenty four main card. Let's start with the heavyweights. What a weird ass? I don't even know what do you even? I don't know how to talk about Waldo court as a coasta and Derek Lewis except to say, is the story jed that Waldo Cortez a coasta is actually pretty good? Or is the story now that Derek Lewis at forty years of age is just kind of bad.
Speaker 2: I think the story is Derek Lewis needs some heuel in his life. I don't know the fuck is going on there. Maybe Quero is actually what he uh? That was weird? I don't I've watched it a lot. I still don't. I don't know that this is true, and I don't want to cast dispersions on Derek Lewis, who is a very fun man. That looked like a little bit of one of my favorite fights of all time. Not the fight as a whole, but the ending. It looked a little like Kimbo Dada. I'm just tired, like it was just a I am a tired knockout because like, it's not like he jawed him. It was like the babyest of shots and Derek just sort of tumped over like humpty dumpty fell off the wall. And then once he was on the ground was over because Wado can just get on him. Then he hit the shit out of him once he was on the ground. But like, dude, Derek Lewis looked like an almost forty two year old man. That's that's my big Like he's he has been a fun fighter. He's had a significantly better career than I think anyone could have imagined for him. He's forty two. He does have a super power, but he is limited in the rest of his game broadly, though he has his game works really well. I was respected that about him and like he's just past it man like it. It was a little smoke and mirrors that he was on a two fight winning streak because he won them in the way he can win fights, and those dudes gave him fights he could win. But if you are a competent heavyweight who at least has some like a git, not even like a dialed in sinse, a general sense of strategy and tactics, you're probably going to defeat Derek Lewis at this stage of his career.
Speaker 1: Slight correction.
Speaker 3: According to our friends at Wikipedia, Derek Lewis is forty now, he's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be one in February.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought it was about two weeks or less.
Speaker 2: Actually I thought he was already forty one.
Speaker 3: I bet, yeah, he's going to be forty one here. But to your point, I mean, you basically get the right idea. I'll say this so you know what it reminded me of. It reminded that that sequence where Lewis goes heavy on a hook and then heavy on another hook and then cortes.
Speaker 2: Customer Zach what you're saying.
Speaker 1: It's it's like Silva versus.
Speaker 2: Like, oh my god, he got him.
Speaker 1: And I also I saw some folks say this to me.
Speaker 3: It looked to them like is he versus Gasolom a little bit as well, where Gaslum's flailing, is he just kind of pulls them and pops?
Speaker 1: You know, just a little bit of that too.
Speaker 2: But I was like, it's at for Gasolum, you know, didn't fall over and just quit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is.
Speaker 2: I was like, I want to knocked out. He was defeated.
Speaker 3: I want to point out something. It wasn't just that he just kind of laid down off the punch. Cortes a Coasta just does like like the most basic Torreando pass. But he doesn't even really do a pass. He just grabs his knees or his like his shins and just moves them to the side and it just goes right to neon belly. And I was like, dude, you just let this motherfucker like you didn't even roll to the side to frame out, just lets him go right around. I was like, dude, what the fuck is that? That was a weird part too, But to me, it's like, dude, if if you're a bad heavyweight, so you you over commit positionally, or you are not athletic enough to retreat quickly, Yeah, Lewis, I think still actually might hurt you because he's gonna chase you down. He'll swing wide, he does that jumping switch kick, that kind of a thing, you know what I mean. So Cortes a Costa, it's a meat and potatoes game, jed. But if you're athletic, if you have room to move to retreat, and you have you know, obviously because of you your athleticism and whatnot. You have decent timing and you've got a jab, brother, you can win a tiele let heavyweight, Cyril Gone. Is that times a million? Why does he win? Because he's got you know, when he's not getting choked up by John Jones. But like on the feet, he's got a good job. He moves pretty well, he's pretty athletic in getting out of the way, and that is enough to beat these people. Dude, Waldork cotes a Coasta. I don't necessarily look at him and think, oh, future champion, but I can't rule it out at heavyweight just given the state of things, you.
Speaker 2: Can't rule anything out at heavyweight. But like, yeah, dude, he's he's competent. Is Waldork Coasta is what used to be a bottom fifteen heavyweight, like not bottom, like a like the bottom end of a top fifteen heavyweight, like like a guy who's like a Heath Herring, you know, like kind of talented, a little bit athletic, competent, And because heavyweight has just died, like just this withering, awful death, he's a top five, top six dude. And yeah, like he's got a good chin, which is also sort of the baseline for success. As everyweight you just have to be durable. So he's durable, he can jab, He's got enough talent to clear the bar, and the rest of this weight classes just buns. It's so bad because this isn't lightweight, right Luke where it's like, oh my god, it's so impressive that Justin Gatchee at Dustin Poier and Charles Olivera still got the juice at thirty seven. It's like, man, Derek Lewis is forty and still a top fifteen guy because this division is in shambles.
Speaker 3: Weald Cortez the Coasta wants Blades.
Speaker 1: Next. We have a graphic to this effect.
Speaker 7: The last thing for me, you call out Curtis Blades Stylistically he might seem to be your most difficult matchup in the way class. Do you believe he would be the most difficult appument for you?
Speaker 8: That's for jamatte Quarters Blades inter.
Speaker 4: DeFi no no.
Speaker 2: No, noo.
Speaker 1: Ran lo.
Speaker 3: Social media, Uh listen, I don't think it's gonna be a tough challenge.
Speaker 8: I I do believe I've had harder challenges, especially in my last three fights, and I don't think it's gonna be that much.
Speaker 1: And listen, I.
Speaker 8: Want Curtis Blaze because he's been saying some things on social media and people who talk crap I don't like him, so I don't.
Speaker 6: Head of just one quick one. The Mexico card is getting built like very quickly. It already has the main event. Would you rather fight in Mexico on the undercard or your headline a card against Curtis Blades.
Speaker 4: Mexico quite good.
Speaker 1: Or Meico you gonna pa. I don't care where they put me in there.
Speaker 8: I want to fight in Mexico and I want to rip Curtis Blade's head off in Mexican.
Speaker 1: His chances to defeat Curtis Blades or what.
Speaker 2: That's a really good question, Luke. I think he's I think that's a great call out because is like the only other dude you kind of call out at that point if you're WCA is I mean, maybe you try to moonshot Cyril gone because Tom might be out for a while. But like the other guy's Alexander Volkov and that seems like that's just a low upside fight. But he has been very good defensively as a wrestler and thought a lot of like great wrestlers, mind you, but like WCA has a very good, statistically speaking takedown defense and Curtis Blades, you know, but he can compete on the feat But if he can stuff a bunch of Curtis Blades takedowns, I wouldn't shock me if WCA just sort of jabbed his way to a victory. And then if he beats Curtis Blades, like, yeah, put him in a title fight. So I like to call out and I'd favor Blades, but sixty forty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm kind of there. It's like he lost to Pavlovich.
Speaker 3: So I do think we've seen some of the limits of what Cortes Costa can be. But the Blades one is again, he's earned a fight like that, and honestly, Blades could use some momentum that cortesl Coasta has built for himself. I actually like the call out. I like the fight. Put it in Mexico, put it whatever they want. I don't know, but I definitely like what he's thinking, all right, which takes us to Jesus O God the fuck me.
Speaker 1: Here's how Here's how bad this fight was.
Speaker 3: I talked to Brian Campbell all day yesterday via text, were just sharing a bunch of thoughts.
Speaker 2: Huh, who's that.
Speaker 3: Oh, he's this guy who when he watches straweights, puts his pants around his ankles and then masturbates at the bus stop. But putting that aside, good day for him yesterday, then yeah, a little chili.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: I was just gonna say, here's how Brian did not shit on this.
Speaker 1: I want to be clear. But the fact that he didn't even bring this fight up to.
Speaker 3: Me, he had nothing to say about it, I think tells you what, dude, this fight was bad.
Speaker 1: This Rose Nama units Italia silver fight. It was bad.
Speaker 3: I kind of thought Rose maybe deserved to win it. I do recognize Silva probably won the third I guess the second round was a bit of a swing round.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know where the hell Rose is.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's happening with where she's coming or going in terms of her space in this division. She still beats people, but then she loses fights or she doesn't seem to have the kind of urgency that she would need. Jed and more to the point, Silva was dancing like she was doing you know that Dak Prescott warm up where he does the hip twist everywhere like that, you know I'm talking about. Yeah, she was doing Prescott. Her frontwork was doing the Dak Prescott. No again, she warmed up eventually she had that. She had that nice throw Silva did from the double overhooks.
Speaker 2: She does the Dak Prescott in the middle of the fight constantly, just like she's.
Speaker 1: It drives me crazy.
Speaker 3: But she did have the nice throw that That sidekick to the face on Rose was nice. But just just just what has happened to Rose? Your reaction to this bout, and then we'll talk about what happens next.
Speaker 2: After I heard about this today from me find dot com, so you can check it out. It's up on the site by now. We do like a put an after action report for the thing. And I like Rosa Immunis. I feel when I watch her fight, and when I watch her fight the last several fights since she's moved up to flyway, I can I think of the Lewis Carrol Matt Hatter quote, you used to be much more, muchier. You've lost your muchness. Like Rose was always a mercurial fighter, right, like she had super eyes and the Carlos Barza fight is like an atrocity. But since coming up to one twenty five, she doesn't have like there's no juice, there's no muchness to her. She's not losing by a lot, you know, she's maybe raised that floor a little bit from some of her worst performances, but there's just there's nothing going on. Even when she's saying the Lord's Prayer and talking to herself, it's no longer like, oh, she's gonna put a foot upside some person's head. She's like she's gonna edge out Miranda Maverick, Like this was an imminently winnable fight for her and she she never got there, and so I don't I don't know. She is one of the more fascinating figures in the history of the sport to me, just because of like how good she could be but could never consistently get there. But wasn't like a flash in the pan like a Cody Garbrandt like she had. She's had longevity, but yeah, she's lost her muchness, man, And I don't know how you get that back. Maybe it just won't like maybe we're just just too far gone. But it was kind of this was kind of a bummer of a fight to watch, even if maybe you expect like outside of it sucking. Maybe even if you expected it like this, this fight crystallized to me like, oh, Rose isn't We're never We're never getting back what we had.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she might still win again, but you know, whatever the magic was that, I don't. I don't know what happened to it. Also, I was so bummed out by the fight. Again, it wasn't the worst fight I've ever seen her something, but just the accumulative weight or the cumulative weight I should say of how poorly women's MMA has just become interned. I put out a thread yesterday and be like, hey, what are the best women's fights of all time? And obviously not in boxing but in MMA, And there's a lot of great responses.
Speaker 1: But then one thing I noticed was I can't.
Speaker 3: Remember any of them being within the last few years, you know what I mean, Like all the ones that they're picking happened, you know, twenty twenty or or much earlier than that, including into the Strike Force days. I don't know what has happened to the game. There's probably a few factors to say it, but Jesus bro it is I don't want to be this way where the first two cars in the paramount era jed there's one fight on the card from Saturday and there are fucking none on the next one. But it's like, dude, I don't know what people want the UFC to do at this point.
Speaker 1: Game's gone.
Speaker 3: Brother, It's just not the same anymore, and I'm not getting the same amount of enjoyment.
Speaker 1: It really is quite depressing. I have to be.
Speaker 2: Honest, has in fact done changed. I don't, dude, I don't know how to save it. It's so it is die or.
Speaker 1: Like our era of MMA was better.
Speaker 3: But dude, what is this era's equivalent to to for example, Misha Tate versus Katz and Ghano, Like, what's the equivalent.
Speaker 2: That it's not a boomer it's objectively true. I know that it's objectively true because all the same women's fighters who were good are still in the top of the rankings now Mesha Tait is a ranked bandam way, And that's not a vision we're talking about. But like, this has been these same not dude, same women for ten years and it's not like they got better because they got ten years older. Like it's it is there and they're so limited, like grow, like like who who's coming along? Like who are the like Natalia Silva is the the new the leader, vanguard of the new generation. And it's like, Okay, if she beat like if she beats Valentina Shipchenko, that's not that she's that good. It's that Valentina Shipchenko's pushing forty and she's been fighting professionally for twenty years and at some point you just can't do it forever.
Speaker 4: Yea, it is.
Speaker 2: It is tough scenes right now.
Speaker 3: Your level of excitement for Natalia Silva versus Shifchenko.
Speaker 2: Oh incredibly limited. And I want to be very clear about this. I am an enormous uh Valentina Shipchenko stan I've been standing her for literal years. That is not because she It's the exact opposite reasons that I stand justin Gaechee and ury Prashka. She is not the most fun person to watch. I am when she competes. I am watching, in my estimation, the greatest female fighter of all time. And so I will I will have polite, like respectful applause, like golf clap this. You know that that fight is me sitting in the opera box watching opera and being like very good, very good, despite not really being moved by it.
Speaker 3: All right elsewhere on this card, and this was a fun one for me. A little bit heartbreaking based on the way that it went, but not so much. Jayon Silva looked I think, I'd say, much more patient this time.
Speaker 1: And it went over Arnold Allen.
Speaker 3: How much did this restore your faith that Jahon Silva could contend for a title following that loss to Diego Lopez, but now with this great win over Arnold Allen.
Speaker 2: Dude, I this was the fight I was the most curious about because I said, after Jean Silva lost to Diego Lopez, and I think even said in the pregame preview that we did, I was like, I wonder if that loss will be a justin Gaugee moment, because remember when Gaigie came in from WSOF and he's like, I'm just trying to get into car crashes and then he got knocked out. He like finally found his equal and went back to the lab and retooled his game in a very effective way. I was like, maybe that's just what John Silva needed. He not to don't turn off the bozo just you got to be able to modulate the bozo mid fight, and he did, like he one hundred percent did that against Ron Allen, Like he still had it. He surfed a dude. I've never seen a guy surfer guy of a fight Luke when he's surfed man, so like he still got the bozo in him and at times he would he would unleash it, but it was much more controlled and he like he just constantly beat Arnod Allen, who I think is a very very good not great fighter, And so like I left this being like, oh, yeah, he's going to win the belt. I believed two years ago Joan Silva was going to win the belt, and now I'm like, he's definitely going to win the belt, maybe not like next but in the next two years.
Speaker 3: You know what he that reminded me of when he was like surfing like that. People were saying, oh, it was like Diaz against Silva when he just kind of laid down, you know. But to me, it's like, dude, Jayon Silva brings regional MMA energy to a high level about you know, where he's just doing shit. You would never expect that. It's crazy, that makes no sense as kind of on kind of weird, kind of crazy, and it just works.
Speaker 2: You know, dude, he's Michelle Pereira. If Michelle Phta was good, that's just it. Like he's he's Michelle. And I loved Dmolador like I he was so fun regionally as a complete psycho, and then when he retooled this game, he got boring and then he just got bad. John Silver is just way better. Also, I've been on this corner, but I want to get this takeout. John Silva is the best of the fighting nerds. I've been saying it. I think he is the most talented, best fighter of the nerds.
Speaker 1: You think he's better than Kyle?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 1: Would Kyle be two?
Speaker 2: I think Kyle's two because I and Protest is three, and I think Ruffy's four, But like that's is there anybody else there that's like? Because I know they got uh he's counting them. They're below those four anyway. But like I I thought for a while, Jean Silva was the best bet for the fight he nerds to get a belt. Still feel that.
Speaker 3: Way, Arnold Allen, you knew that the same thing was going to plague him in this file. You didn't if it was going to be a losing factor or not, but that it would be something he had to overcome. He kind of starts a little bit late. I did think he opened up on him a little bit in that second round with some better energy, but he had even lower output in the third than he did I think in any of the other two previous rounds. And you know, for me, jed in a sport where again I appreciate how defensively sound Arnold Allen is. Sure man. You rarely see him get hit super clean or get fucked up, Like he leaves fights looking okay, But he leaves his fights kind of losing against some of these better guys because it's just not the offense is much more important than defense in this sport. And I don't feel like his game is as good as it is, and it is good, and he's still young. I just don't think his orientation for how he prioritizes it is enough to beat the very best guys, even if they are more defensively limited than him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's I love Arnold. I think arn Allen seems like one of the very few fighters who I would genuinely just like to hang out with, like would just be a good time, and he's very good. He is like kind of the worst of the Trystar team to me, not like as a fighter, but he is. My issues with TriStar is that it is like a much more defensively focused gym, and he doesn't have any of the things that he needs to really really excel at the top, other than he doesn't get beat up that bad. But also when you are perpetually injured, not getting beat up it's not really that big of an advantage because it's not like, oh, I'm healthy, I can turn around and fight in three weeks. That's just not ever been how it's worked for him. So I think he's probably never fighting for a belt, which is weird because if you'd ask me a few years ago, it'd been like one hundred percent. There's just not a question in my mind. And he's gonna be It's gonna be like a Martin Kampman, you know, like real heads who lived through the time will respect him. But he's that's just or to where he's at in his career.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 3: Let's move down to topic topic number four, which is the preliminary card itself. So there was, well, there's a lot to go over here. Let's start with the what they call the main event of the prelims. Umar number Gamdeov kind of easily for the most part beats Stevinson figuredo.
Speaker 1: But the reality is Jed by the.
Speaker 3: End of the about and other periods before, but certainly by the end of the bout, Umar was getting booed by the crowd. Now I'm not here to validate the booze as such, but it just seems to kind of signify something to me. Number one Umar and Usman number gam Madov are obviously very good, but they're not habib like. They're a step down from that pretty clearly to me, they can do a lot of things, speaking of people that have a lot of tools, but they don't have necessarily a ton of danger to their game. It's just a lot of heavy control or heavy maintenance of range. Right, So that's one problem. But the other problem is in a world where you know you're very, very good, but you're kind of like the bantamweight John Fitch of the modern era, I just don't know what.
Speaker 1: Gifts that's going to get you to me. Jed.
Speaker 3: It's interesting that you had a nerma Goa Madeov on this card. And anytime there's a number goa madev in the PFL, whether there's attending or on the card itself, they blow it up like it's the biggest deal. UFC kind of downplayed it this time, to be honest with you. They put the guy on the fucking prelims for crying out loud. How do you read this performance and how the UFC perceives or Umar nember goa madoff following Saturday's.
Speaker 2: Whin dude Luke has has any fighter of the past year, like the past twelve months had a worse year that didn't lose a bunch, right, like you know somebody losing five fights sort of for sure, But like Umar's stock this time last year. I mean, I guess this time twelve and a half months ago, right, I you everybody we did a pregame preview was like Umar is going to beat Morob because he's the best band of weight on the world. Like everyone the broad thought was that Umar was the dude to maybe take the goat title in this weight class. And then his stock is not like plummeted, but it has just been a steady decline of like Okay, you're good, but your mavsar revuev. Why the hell do we care about you? If your last name, if his last name was not Namerga Medov, he would be in the mavsar revlv. You are screwed zone. As tough as he is, very good, but I think you nailed it. He what what? Where's the offense? Where's the danger in fighting umarann O Murgha Metov? Because there isn't any He the dangers you lose like a niptuck decision, because he's very good everywhere. But Habib was a fucking demon like Luke, do you remember watching Habib beat the souls out of people when he got them down. I'm not saying everybody can be that, but there was that element was to his game islam. When he gets you down, he is a like a genuine submission hunter and he is actually like a real threat on the feet as well. Umar is just kind of good. You're just good at everything, same as usman like they're good. But if you don't have if you're not going to scare somebody, it's it's tougher to be a dominant force and people aren't afraid to fight you. Bro.
Speaker 3: Habib was mean people, people forget this, Like his style was. You know, you'd feel bad for people if they spend a lot of time underneath him. You're like, dude, this is fucking hard to watch a little bit because they can't do shit and they're getting beat up, and then he's setting up submissions eventually towards the end, I mean, and again for folks who may remember, recall he could have ended the gates he fight earlier. He took fucking pity on him because he didn't want to break his arm, so he ended up changing the submission to a different one. See he's not that mean, Yeah, but then he goes out the door and on on that call. But like in general, like you know, talking to Michael Johnson, like you have to give up now, this is gonna go bad for you.
Speaker 1: And he's beaten the shit out of him.
Speaker 2: He had a gear he had and like he had a level of like I'm going I am better than you and I'm going to hurt you the same that Islam has, like they and maybe that's just natural, right because like if you think about it, that kind of makes sense to me. Of like, Okay, Habib and Islam, outside of being training partners for life. They were both sort of into They were the vanguards of this camp. They they sort of led the way, and then the trickle down. The next generation are just people who learned in their mold, Like how do you teach somebody to be a hard nosed son of a bitch? Like that's it's tough to instill that into people. Yeah, and like they just naturally had it because they had to do this. And so like, if you told me that Umar was going to get nasty, I'd be like, he gonna be a real problem. But now I'm like, I still think he's going to beat most people, but it's not going to be this dominant force. It's going to be winning on the margins.
Speaker 3: I'd be really curious to see what they do with him this year, given that, like people are starting to get like exactly how good he is or how limited he is.
Speaker 1: I think this year is going to be really.
Speaker 3: How they treat Umar. Tell you a lot about how they treat the kind of fighter that Umar is.
Speaker 1: I'll be looking forward to that, all right.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what I do like from Umar is he he seems to recognize what's going on that he is not. He had not a good year basically because he's coming out and be like, I'll fight anybody, dude, I don't care. He's not trying to negotiate his way into a title fight as he previously was really doing. He's just like, dude, it doesn't matter if I got to fight somebody, line him up on, knock him down. And I think that's how he got to be right because he has not blown the doors off people. He has not shook the world up. So you've got to just be like, I'll fight anybody, don't care, give me him.
Speaker 1: That brings us now to a table. Gotier.
Speaker 3: Now, he did win, and he did brutalize his opponent, but his opponent pole I turned out to be tougher than what is it a two or three dollars stake, whatever the saying is.
Speaker 2: I gotta tell you, I don't think that that matters. If you're paying two or three dollars, you're probably getting the same quality of steak luke.
Speaker 3: Fair enough anyway, whatever the saying is, he got he got worked, but he survived and in fact fought back a little bit. And what it kind of showed was Gotier clearly jet a physical force and still young enough where he can do some stuff, but a little green, a little offensively limited. He had an opponent circling out to his weak side and he kept crowing this figure it out as opposed to the hook, and I'm watching this him.
Speaker 1: I was like, dude, greet him with the hook? What are you doing?
Speaker 2: It was It's one of those things like obviously the table gotier, much better fighter than I am. Like, I'm not saying that, but I was just like, dude, at what point, at what point does your brain be?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Man, every time I'm trying to throw this right hand, he's even further over and so I'm just like punching nothing. What if I try the hand that's closer to him? It was nuts.
Speaker 3: Hey, Long Island, Louke, can you do me a favor? Perhaps there is acting up here for just a second. Can I have just a minute to go fix what she with devastation? She has laid ways too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll put jed full and uh.
Speaker 1: All right, I'll be right back. I'll be right back right.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, I'm the captain now, boys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the chat is gonna hate this.
Speaker 2: The chat is going to be furious that I'm the captain.
Speaker 1: That they'll be alright with it.
Speaker 2: Chad, let's talk about the I want to say one more thing about Gotier, because as Luke sort of teed it, I was like, dude, he's still twenty three, so that's totally fine. But I then I pulled it up. Uh because Long Island. He's been fighting now for four years, so yeah, he is green, but he's twenty three. And the fact that he could win again against a limited opponent, I'm certainly not here to say that is some world beater. The fact that he won, he wasn't really in danger of losing. It's one of those I think there's just a good win for him, right, Like it's it's not that exciting. I lost money on it. That was a bumber, but like he didn't climb with it, though I did, but because it was the first leg dead, I just reclimbed with the next two and cash fine. But like this is one of those where it's like, yeah, sometimes you gotta you have to learn where your limitations are. And now he'll go back and I think Luke Barnett's coach and they'll be like, Okay, we need to give you a left hook and we need to teach you a little bit more about footwork, because he doesn't have a ton of that. And you know, progress isn't linear. But at twenty three, I still expect very big things for table Gautier. This is just one of those that you get. That's because that's how fighting works. Not everything's gonna be your best day ever.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm back, Hold on one second. Oh the fucking thing fell off? Hang on? Did two key break that tear here? And I gotta switch earplugs.
Speaker 2: Tuki has been absolutely start about that.
Speaker 3: My daughter, she came in the house and I heard it, and then I heard her come screaming down the hallway, which meant that in arctic temperatures, she had left the door open, which she did. That's good, and there was all this shit in the house as a consequence, so I had to go fix that. Okay, sorry about that, don't forgive you all right, very good. Well, let's get to the rest of what we saw here. Alex Perez scoring a first round stoppage over Charles Johnson. Charles Johnson's got a weird career here, right jet He's got to win over josh Van, but he has losses like this and some other ones as well.
Speaker 4: He is.
Speaker 1: I don't know how surprised should we be by this win.
Speaker 2: We shouldn't be surprised because Charles Johnson defies expectation constantly. Like it just seems like he's gonna win the fights he's gonna supposed to lose, and lose the fights he's supposed to win. He didn't like the stoppage.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 2: I think that's fine. The thing I am most surprised about, frankly, is not Charles Johnson. The end of it is, like I thought Alex Perez was, We're washed, and I guess he's still got some juice in him, right, Like he you know, he won the fight his first win. He's the only won like two fights on his last seven or eight.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: But like that's good on Alex Prez. And Charles Johnson remains an enigma to me.
Speaker 1: He's got a weird career.
Speaker 3: He's got he has the lost to Makaievka his UC debut fine, fair enough, totally explicable, you know, And he's got the loss to Ody Osborne, which was split and that was a few years ago. All right, Cody Durden can wrestle, okay, and then he goes on a bit of a four fight win streak, which you put Van in Sumaderja and he, of course, he knocks out Van in round three, and then he's just kind of been up and down since then. He has to win over a loner Kavanaugh. But then, dude, I didn't see it coming. I thought Perez was kind of a forgotten figure in this division, or at a bare minimum, that Johnson was resurgent, but I guess not. Kind of an interesting surprise there, super weird, all right. And then there's this one, which is Josh Hokit at heavyweight is clearly pretty good. He is athletic, he can wrestle, he moves forward. You know, he's got good reaction time, he's got a bit of a mean streak. Like these are all things that are going to take you pretty far as a fighter. However, he appears to be completely unbearable. Before you react, Dana has a conversation, Oh, sorry, I have a different one. We'll come to that one separately. Ignore that one. Getting back to this one. What is your reaction to?
Speaker 1: What? How should we feel about Josh Hokit.
Speaker 2: He's a good fighter. He's not like a great fighter, but he's also fairly young, especially at heavyweight. I mean, the truth is, if looking at Josh Hokit, my abdominant thought is, if I were a semi decent but not exceptional light heavyweight, I'd move up to heavyweight because Josh Hogin is just beating heavyweights because he has a gas tank that is not you know, held down by fifty extra pounds of fat. So it's just like, but this, I have to say. He's not a good fighter. He obviously is right. He comes from a wrestling background. He has the mean streak that you know, we talked about guys like Umar would be really nice to have. And you know, he's got to put together game. It all kind of works together. He doesn't have a superpower, at least not that I've seen yet, but he can. He can do this to many, if not most heavyweights because of the state of the division. If he ever dropped the two o five, I mean, that's also a bad division. But like, I think he could have plenty of success there as well. And whether you can't stand him or not, like he is at the bare minimum, Luke, I do not ascribe to the idea that all publicity is good publicity. I think that there is a lot of truth to it insofar as breaking through the just ever present noise of this sport and the UFC's consistent attempts to sort of make everything monochrome. He at least is breaking through, even if maybe it's not in a way I would choose to do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's unbearable, but the problem is he's good and that's going to take him pretty far.
Speaker 2: And just just reusing old pro wrestling stuff will take you far in the sport because because nobody else is doing anything at all, the bar is on the floor for being died like interesting and at the minimum, he's doing that.
Speaker 3: So let's go to point number five. Oh sorry, before we do. Before we do, we do have Dana talking about So there was this Michael Johnson Alexander Hernandez bout that was on the card, but the betting lines were kind of crazy. Some places had limited betting before the fight, and then Dana or the UFC, I should say, ended up pulling the bout altogether. In the wake of the Isaac Dulgarian scandal, we were like, okay, did a betting integrity firm tell them to pull it?
Speaker 1: Turns out that they did here's Dana. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Lastly for me, we did have a fight cancelation's day. Not a lot of details on the information of what happened there. There's speculation that maybe this was a wagering flag.
Speaker 1: What can you tell that's what it is?
Speaker 9: Happened again, you know, we we get we got called from uh, you know, the Gaming Integrity Service, and I said, I'm not doing this shit again.
Speaker 4: So we pulled the.
Speaker 2: Fight, canceled fight from today. Like what happens now?
Speaker 4: Is there an investigation?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, the the FBI is already you know, deep into all this stuff anyway, so I'm sure this one will We'll be next, right.
Speaker 8: So, like, are those guys out of action until something concludes or is it just one.
Speaker 9: Side of the fight that I don't know?
Speaker 1: Your reaction, dude, this can rocked?
Speaker 2: Uh, dude, I wish I was in. I just want to be in one paramount meeting this week and be like, God damn. We got the full UFC experience for our first one A. We had a major fight fall off the card. We had a guy almost die away, and we had a gambling scandal and we had a dude, get on the mind. I can just issue casual bigotry, like they got the whole enchilada as far as what you can expect from a UFC fight card and a banger of a fight in the main event.
Speaker 4: So good on.
Speaker 2: Paramount to get it all in this gambling thing. I saw it like I was in transit when I saw the first tweets about line movement happening, and I was like, Oh, that's unfortunate because I had money on Alexanderrnandez and then it got pulled. And it's very obvious why I got pulled. I don't know that anybody has confirmed anything, but like to me, Luke, this is this is just sort of the nature of the sport and its current incarnation. Because pure speculation, I don't have any inside information. My strong guess is that Alexander Hernandez needed to fight because fighters lift paycheck to paycheck, and he came in with an injury and was just going to fight with the injury regardless and hope for the best. Because we see fighters do this all the time. Maybe you can get the w It's not like he was going to come in and throw the fight necessarily. But then somebody was like, oh, alex has a broken whatever, Let's just put some money Michael Johnson, because that's when fighters, when you don't pay people enough money, they're going to fight for you because they need the money. It doesn't really matter the circumstances of their condition.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and as a long on Luke points out, which I had seen before, again, it may utterly be coincidental. I have no idea the causal relationships such that there is even any. However, this is yet another adjacent house fighter from Iridium and then another Factory X fighter as well, So geez.
Speaker 5: I also want to point out I brought this up on Friday's show. I said, Oh, the lines have actually moved a lot. A lot of money has come in on Michael Johnson. I didn't think it was anything worth like flagging at that moment, but they continued to come down.
Speaker 4: It's just interesting that we were talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have to guess that that is circumstance, because you'd have to be either the ballsiest or the stupidest motherfucker alive to be to be like in the crosshairs right now and be like, I'm gonna do it again. This is not the fucking town. I'm gonna put a move on them. Man, then we're still gonna throw a fight like.
Speaker 5: In the Jason House defense too, though he does have like sixty percent of the roster, you know what I mean, Like the odds just mathematically, mathematically, it's the factory X thing is a little more in factory.
Speaker 2: The factory X thing is the one that's interesting. It's like, I think it just has to be coincidence. But man, you get enough coincidences and that starts to become a problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's certainly an interesting fact.
Speaker 3: All right, Last, but not least, let's just talk about the overall event and the presentation and the broadcast and and everything else they're in jen It's a simple question. UFC three pretty four broadcast debut on Paramount. Some changes. Some folks thought not enough, some folks thought just right. They added a bunch of new elements. We had the war Pigs run down and the sizzle reel, and we had the normal sizzle reel. Then we had the Travis Barker sizzle reel. We'll talk about all the ads in just a moment, but as a general idea for you, like a sort of a way to understand it. What worked about this broadcast and what didn't and overall, what kind of grade would you give? Again, not so much the fight card, but the broadcast, the way it was shown.
Speaker 2: The broadcast. If I'm not considering the fight card.
Speaker 1: I mean they're all kind of related.
Speaker 2: But yeah, well, but like, overall, I would give this card a B minus because I think a lot of it was missus, but you ended on a high note, and that's the most important thing. If I'm just talking about the broadcast of production elements, I'll give it a C plus, like a little bit of a docked point there, because I do want to be open to the idea that I forget who said it from the OC, but it came out and was like, we're trying some new stuff. Bear with us. Most of the new stuff they tried didn't really work for me. But in the earlier Star time like it ended up mad, but not as much as I'd hoped because it was so bloated. We took so long to do so much shit there. The pacing was pretty poor and there were a lot of ads. But also, I don't know if this is a hot take loop, I just don't give a shit about the ads thing, you know why, because I'm not paying eighty dollars, so it's fine to put some more ads. The only thing I will say in that regard that I really disliked, and I think my biggest criticism of the whole production is that they don't show walkouts anymore. And somebody reported this that that's just part of the paramount deal. They are like the deals structurally, They're only going to show like a few and that sucks because it's one of the few times you get to see the energy of a fighter. They have even an opportunity to stand out from the faceless mass that is the UFC, and they're just not even showing that anymore. So I can get commercials, which is kind of lame. But other than that, it was a UFC. It felt very much the same. They just added a couple of things this time around.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about the ads too.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess as a general perspective, I've worked with Kate Scott Kate Abdo.
Speaker 1: I think she's great.
Speaker 3: I think the shows she's on with CBS Sports Colaza with Jamie Kerrigher are big meeks and Terry Henree is fucking first rate.
Speaker 1: I absolutely love it.
Speaker 3: I don't know that there a lot was necessarily added to the broadcast in this particular way, nor did I expect it to be. It's just a little hard to stand out, but they were trying to get it. The CBS rub fair enough shost.
Speaker 1: All of them.
Speaker 3: They did a certainly the job that they were tasked with doing. The pacing sucked, Dude. The Travis Barker thing, I was like, dude, what the fuck is the connection between this bullshit? I've interviewed Travis Barker a number of times. He is legitimately a huge MMA fan. When I was on Serious Exam and I would do their pre fight shows, he would call in every single time, and we didn't pay the guy, like he just wanted to talk fights. It was crazy. So respect to him as an MMA fan. He's a real MMA fan and that's legit. But like, I don't need to see that shit, especially after you do the Warpicks thing. Here's what I will say though, and I think you probably agree with this, Jed. They one of the key things that they had to do this time was make it feel big, and they did, and they did it with fucking Patti Pimblet and Justin Gatchee as your main event with all the different lights in the crowd, and then the curtains dropping on that thing, and then there's Bruce ready announce yeah, and then again there's little lights that everyone had in the audience do them. They made it feel fucking big and that worked for me. Whether or not every part of the fight card delivered for you or anyone else out there watching fair enough, Maybe it was just the main event or whatever your perspective. Did the UFC lean into this to make it feel like a much larger event than normal and special and that it should stand out.
Speaker 1: In your mind.
Speaker 3: I think that they did, and I think that's really the most important consideration, including that main event. As you indicated, then it was a bit of a success. But I do want to talk about the ads because here's my view on this. It is absolutely fucking naive to think. I don't even know if it's honestly mathematically possible for the Paramount plus service to make money on this deal just doing subscription as their play, right, We're just gonna make money from how many people sign up. I don't know if folks have seen their numbers. Paramount Plus has some interesting numbers around sixty to seventy million worldwide, which is pretty big. It's a fraction of what Netflix is, but it's still pretty big. It's about double or triple depending on how you want to measure at ESPN plus. But at the same time, they would have to triple the amount of subscriptions they have with no churn to probably break even on this deal. It's just not possible. So the ads are gonna be there. But here's my thing, okay, on.
Speaker 2: This jet same do we have the same thing as I do? Have one major criticism.
Speaker 1: I pay for YouTube Premium. I pay for it.
Speaker 3: I don't ever see ads, And as someone on YouTube, I recognize that ads is how I make a lot of money, But I pay into the premium one so that my experience using the service is on interupted, and I would pay for a tier where I could watch walkouts and I would not have to see again. They probably couldn't get rid of all the ad integrations because they were doing it like on lower thirds and on the sides of screens like during intros. You probably can't get rid of those. But if there's a if they would make a special tier where I could get rid of those other kinds of ads between rounds and walkouts.
Speaker 1: I would pay for that.
Speaker 3: It's just they don't have that available, and so I don't know what else to say.
Speaker 1: This is just what it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: So that is my criticism because I don't care about the ads. I'll even say I actually and this maybe is just because we shifted over and so it is different. I got a diversity of ads right that ESPN when it was working and wasn't freezing, which credit to Paramount. Some other people had problems. I didn't have any issues with the streams, so good on them for that. I at least got different ads. I got the same three ads of ESPN over and over and by the end of the night I want to blow my brains out. So this is that was nice. The thing that is a criticism, and I think a valid one. I signed up for the yearly Paramount thing. I was previously a month to month but now this is part of my job. I'm on the yearly thing. When I signed up for the yearly one, I chose the lesser of two because they do have two tiers, and as it explains in it, the lower tier comes with ads, and I said, okay, and the higher tier they say still comes with some ads for premium stuff but has fewer ads. And I was like, and based on everything I have heard, if you paid for the more expensive tier, there was no difference. You still got the same ads. And to me, that is shitty, Like that's why why even have the Why pay fifty dollars a year extra if it's not substantly different, especially if I am coming to Paramount for the UFC, Because if I was like a random fan and I'd never had Paramount Bus and I was like, oh, I'll pay the premium, I won't get ads and I'm getting the same ads, I'd be pretty upset about that. Right now.
Speaker 3: I'll also say this, and this is you know, I don't think this is good and I wouldn't want it this way. But one of the things that shocked me one time was that I watched just let me go through this. I watched a the Colombian national team soccer team play. I forget who they were playing, but they were playing and I was in Colombia at the time, so I was watching the game on national television.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 3: Dude, during the fucking games, listen to this. During the fucking games, They'll play an ad on the screen. It won't block up the entire screen, but it takes up a lot of real estate. And then the audio goes over the top and they kill the audio of the broadcast itself, so you just have to hear the commercial play through and it doesn't matter what action is happening on the field. So they usually play it when the ball is like ad midfield or something.
Speaker 1: They kind of strategically wait.
Speaker 3: But I've seen it where they're like they're in scoring drives and they're getting close and then they're trying to attack and you're hearing like ads for fucking you know, Coca Cola or whatever over the top, and I'm like, dude, I hope this is not our few sure. To me, it was an enormous amount. They didn't do something like that. They didn't interrupt like the integrity of the actual fight broadcast during the fights themselves, but it got close to it. And I've seen worse. But I'm just hoping that that's not a roadmap for the future. I'll just say that.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna be real, Matt because of the difference of the sport, right, But like I've always thought that that's sort of how they should do ads anyway, right, especially for live sports, is like give me a constant feed of the of the game and you can go back like picture and picture, here's the ad with the audio. They do it on red zone and they pick like the boring time of red zone where nothing's happening. Now that red zone has ads, which is bullshit or whatever, and they pull it up and here's the ad. But you never lose feed. I don't know why they can't do that. For the UFC, it's like here, here's the cage or whatever is happening, Like the broadcast that would be without ads. We just have this Sharman ad running with audio for fifteen seconds and that would be fine, but like if you're I would at least be better and it won't happen as you were putting it for that, because the unique dynamic of soccer is it is forty five uninterrupted minutes and then another forty five uninterrupted minutes. If you're gonna put ads, you gotta go over action. You don't have to do that for the fights. You can pretty easily parcel it away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for a point, let's talk about, well, actually know what Dana was asked about the amount of ads.
Speaker 1: Here's what he had to say.
Speaker 10: Obviously, we are no longer on pay per view, so where was a bit of a different viewing experience tonight. There's a lot of ads during the broadcast, sometimes over the walks and sometimes over the corner work. Is that something fans are gonna have to get used to or is that a work in progress that you'll change?
Speaker 9: I haven't seen it yet, and all of this is a work in progress. It's eight ninety nine. You're not paying fucking you know. However, much more of these guys kind of make some money too.
Speaker 10: So yeah, would that be something that they decide or would you watch it back and maybe think, okay, the co main event, we should still hear the corner work or are you just like listen parent not paid for it. They get to decide, Well.
Speaker 9: That is a fact, let's start there. But these guys are incredible to work with already, so we'll figure it out.
Speaker 1: I mean again, I understand if people aren't used to it.
Speaker 3: I don't disagree with data, like, bro, the shit is cheap it would you this is the question, right? Ultimately, would you rather be back on the ESPN deal and then have to pay for pay per views or do you want ads? And it's a much cheaper price, and I honestly think that most people are gonna be like, I'll just live with the ads.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think that's fine.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Again, I I'm surprised they went this heavy this early, because usually your first encounter, especially one that was very openly about, you know, new new fan acquisition, like this was an acquiring event for them for them to not just like we're not even gonna have any ads just because this is all frontloaded to draw you in and then we shit a fhy later. But that's not what they did. And I think that's fine, right, because yeah, I don't I want to be able to see the corners for the biggest fights, so that's annoying. But if you want to do this, I feel I'm with Dana, and I don't ever say that well, like, yeah, they got to find a way to make money, and this is this is the price you get. There ain't nothing free in life.
Speaker 1: Loop.
Speaker 2: The money's got to come from somewhere.
Speaker 3: Is gonna come from this economics one oh one, there's no such thing as a free lunch. Let's talk a little bit about the discretionary bonuses. They got rid of them, right, So these like backroom bonuses of whatever. They ended up being three thousand dollars in terms of what they show. But I'm sure they go higher than that, of course, and they have gone higher. So instead, what they're doing is they're going to change the bonus structure. So anytime, here's what it says, our friend the air bron setter has the tweet. It goes like this, performance of the Night bonuses are going to be raised from fifty grand to one hundred grand. Additionally, any fighter who scores a KO or submission win just automatically earns a twenty five thousand dollars bonus if they were not selected as the one hundred thousand dollars bonus winner. Now, not included in this tweet is another reality, which is Alex Perez, for example, scored a submission win, but he missed weight, so therefore he was not eligible for either a performance bonus or that twenty five thousand dollars automatic finish bonus. Now I've seen some back of the envelope math done by folks like John Nash and others, and basically this adds about eight and a half million total, give or take to the year. The total outlays in this in this bonus program, which you know, I mean they were given out seventy five thousand dollars bonuses in almost fifteen years ago, which if you do the math on inflation, is about one hundred and ten thousand dollars today. I don't want to come out here and say, oh, it's no big deal that they're doubling bonuses or whatnot.
Speaker 1: I do want I just want to say this. I just want to say this.
Speaker 3: It's nice that the bonuses are bigger, and it's nice that if you get a finish you automatically get a bonus. I'm not saying that on their face they're bad. What I'm asking people to do is stop looking at the sticker price and then just do some arithmetic and what your notice is this is a total outlay of less than the eight that they got at this one event. I just hope everyone understands we're talking about chump change in a seven point seven billion dollar deal.
Speaker 2: Dude, Luke. This is not true for for the mk fans, who are smart, educated, brilliant people. I'm in the comments I know of which of them, Yes, all of them. Really, they're all the best people. This fan base thinks that Josh Josh Hokitt is a genius and a vanguard, and like you're expecting them to do the math on inflation. Come on, Like, I'm not. I just don't care enough. I'm having too good a day to be like, yes, this is more, but it's not at all what they're worth.
Speaker 4: It's dope.
Speaker 2: This was like, unambiguously the best thing to happen.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 2: Surrounding the new paramount deal is this because one shifting to a finished bonus. I year, for years I have been like, what they should do is stop giving performance bonuses and give finished bonuses. That's the best way to incentivize this sport to be more exciting because I was limited and was like, there's just no way they're going to add more money and then still do performance bonuses too, and shows what I know this new deal, They're like, fine, we can do it. Unambiguously good. I think it's weird that twenty five is the finished bonus because that's like, especially at the high end level of the sport, like when you are the championship level fighters, that's a pretty insignificant amount to like pursue a finish, right, like nobody, nobody in a championship fight is going to try harder for twenty five grand. The finishes will be incidental. And theoretically this is an incentive bonus, and so I don't know why that wouldn't at least be fifty. But dude, like Time Miller got a performance bonus, got one hundred grand. That's legitimately life changing money for him. Right, he can't retire forever, but that's you know, Time Miller Zoom was on a ten and ten, twelve and twelve contract and he got paid his show and win money, and now he got one hundred grand. Taxes and fees come out, but he can. Maybe that's the difference between him being a professional fighter and a fighter who still goes and works at the post office or whatever. So unambiguous win for them. I think this is it's long overdue and it should be for more, but I'm happy about it.
Speaker 1: Uh A, Long Island is saying it's not for submission. My understanding is it's any finish.
Speaker 4: No, sorry, Luke, you misspoke.
Speaker 5: Earlier you said Alex Perez got a submission win and he got telling you.
Speaker 1: Yes, no, of course he did not. Yes, I apologize.
Speaker 3: Indeed, not much to say on this dominic Ruz because of entering the UFC Hall of Fame again.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm not sure what there is to say other than an.
Speaker 3: Easy, easy call about brand who clearly were the higher achievers in the sport.
Speaker 1: No issue there, I'm sure I have.
Speaker 2: I have one thought, because I on a easy this is there's nobody could argue with it. I do kind of wish the UFC would have maybe not like a you know, the NFL, it's like a five year waiting period. I do think it might be better if there was a little bit of a waiting period. As he retired last year, let's put him in the hall. He's one. You also get fighters unretired. I don't think that's gonna happen with dom I'm pretty done, but like you could, it might be nicer. Like last year when Mark Kerr got inducted. It was like, oh shit, man Mark Kerr like it. It was this kind of fun thing, like, oh, I hadn't thought about his career and the smashing machine was happening and stuff. But it felt more celebratory because it had been some time as opposed to oh, you're obviously going in and you're retired, let's just let's wash you through.
Speaker 3: Fair enough, I'd be okay with a bit of a waiting time as well, which is again how traditional Hall of Fames do it.
Speaker 1: But he was going to go in sooner or later.
Speaker 2: Again that's a nitpick.
Speaker 3: And then, last but not least, here's kind of interesting. People are complaining about the pacing at UFC three twenty four, which fair. Even the UFC Zone Craig Borsorry, I think, was tweeting being like, Okay, this is a little bit of a special example.
Speaker 1: It won't necessarily be this way going forward.
Speaker 3: But what was interesting was if you watch Zuva boxing, the pacing was immediate. I mean their pacing was fantastic. Now it was nothing but decision.
Speaker 2: The only good thing about that broadcast.
Speaker 3: Yes, how do you feel about ZUFA Boxing one? What did you take away from that?
Speaker 2: Uh, this is not a bit. I fell asleep, I was on my couch and I put it on to see and my immediate reaction was this is these are apex boxing matches, because that's what it was like. It just it felt like you put a UFC Patina over club level boxing bouts, and I fell asleep and I woke up to kalamolsh getting knocked down and winning. Uh, and so like it's fine, but if you are not a boxing fan, like if you are a UFC fan or a fight fan, I don't know that this has major appeal.
Speaker 3: At least that has nothing for people were checking MMA fans were checking it out.
Speaker 1: They're not gonna last.
Speaker 2: They're not. And I like, here's how you know it's bad. Dana was critical, like of the first one. He was just like one of our best stuff. It's like, yeah, and maybe it'll get better. Boxing is certainly boxing as we know, it is much more star driven than the UFC has become a year like over the years. Uh. And you know it looks like they got gio Opati. I don't know if that's true or not, but you know, there's big names, so that'll be more interesting. But like this was this is sort of the worst possible of like, oh, here are all the things that might be bad if the UFC gets involved. Here it's just more of the same, and it it very much felt like that, to say nothing of Max Kellerman, who, hey man, I will sell out for the right price. Too good, Lord, that was embarrassing. I've been waiting for this moment all my life. Luke soof of boxing has not been an idea for more than like five years. What are we talking about that?
Speaker 1: And the part to me that just drives me nuts about him and we can move on. I've said that.
Speaker 3: At this point, but it's like, the thing that drives me nuts is he wants to always talk about how it's better to have like a governing central not body per se, but a promoter who occupies a central role as like you know, with the NFL, a rough equivalent of what the NFL means.
Speaker 1: For football or NBA for basketball.
Speaker 3: And it's like, fine, I'm not even willing to I'm not even opposed to the idea that there can be a way which that can be a good system, although also not a guarantee. But what I what he never ever ever addresses, of course, are the fact that the system that they're trying to import from MMA leads to a downstream system of you know what you want to call an exploitation abuse in the workplace or is in terms of wages and how how money is distributed, and that this has yielded class action lawsuits and you know, generational consternation, and then he just utterly ignores it. And it just constantly harps on the one part that yes, there could be again to guarantee there could be some benefit from it. It just drives me nuts. But I've said enough on him. So whatever, you know, I guess he's got bills to pay.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm not knocking that. I'm sure that that check is good. But my biggest thought was, like, man, that check must be real good. He's just laying it on. He is laying it on thick.
Speaker 1: He just won't stop. All right.
Speaker 3: That is our top five. But now it is time for all of you to ask us questions. It's time for dms from donks. And the donkey has ejaculated, all right, So this is how it works. On Sundays, we ask you guys on ig for your questions.
Speaker 1: You can do that at morning.
Speaker 3: I think it's morning combat on Instagram. Let's go first to our friend at put it up on the screen. I want to read it this way from MMA fan Belfast. I would love to go to Belfast first, Jose Aldo and now justin Gaichie. How are why do such unbelievable leg kickers turn into headhunters? For me, jed he wanted to be in boxing range more and I know he can kick at close range, but to me, this was purposeful about being inside of punching range and then denying the kind of space where Patty can also do that kind of a work. More broadly is a different conversation, but in this particular fight, I understand it.
Speaker 1: Actually.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like people on Finnite were very into this, and I was like, yeah, that makes sense to me that he wouldn't do this one Like, I know that kicking is a very good weapon, and we start. He started to do that in the later rounds a little bit, but mainly it was Patty can kick with me, and I don't want to do that. Also, if I kick him, the likelihood of be getting taken down is it goes up, and that's how I'm going to lose this fight. So this was a strategic thing of not going to As the fight wore on and it became very evident Patty wasn't getting him down, he started to open up the kicks a little more, maybe not as much as you want, but also like I don't know about the whole head hunting thing. I would much prefer to see him throw to the b a lot more because I've always thought she just doesn't do that nearly enough, especially how the rest of his game works.
Speaker 4: Would be huge.
Speaker 2: But it's not like he was head hunting and missing. He kept head hunting and killing him. So keep doing it. But then you go back and look at the stats, like against PHYSIV, he didn't throw that many. Against Max, he threw like forty or something like. This isn't This is not a Jose Aldo full blown. One of my best weapons is just something I no longer use, which was always a little weird for Aldo. I think this was just a strategic decision for this matchup.
Speaker 3: From Brantendo sixty four, he says is the last generation of the lightweight division, the most stubborn old guard in UFC history. That's a good question. I feel like they've only lost to each other or potential goats. John Jones decimated two oh five, and it's never been the same since heavyweight they kind of aged out. I'm trying to think who was stubborn and on their way out the door. This is one of the biggest examples of.
Speaker 4: Them, So.
Speaker 2: I agree with the premise the heart of this question, because yes, like they're good, but again, look at the women's bandam Waight top fifteen. It's been the same for fifteen years, Like that old guard is hanging around, But that's more reflection of how bad the division is. Lightweight still whips. These guys are just incredible all.
Speaker 3: Timers from fit Man Eats. Thoughts on the canceled bout due to the investigation, we kind of covered this one.
Speaker 1: I'll just say this.
Speaker 3: I didn't say this during when we were talking about it. I'm not saying to the UC couldn't have been more proactive about early in the week kind of flagging that this might have been an issue, and they had probably had some indication that there was an injury. However, what I'm gonna say is if a betting firm goes to them and says we have suspicious betting and then they pull the fight, that is a good thing and that is the correct decision. And they made the correct decision.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred percent, this was like, this is how it should work optimally, Because I don't know how much they knew that an injury was possible, right, Like they do medicals, but fighters lie on medicals all the time. Michaels being famously pretended he had working eyeballs and would still fly through. So like maybe they just straight up didn't know. But I, you know, in a very purely hypothetical scenario, I am interested in, like the downstream effects of the UFC just canceling bouts based on hearsay and or you know, line movement, because like, what does that look like? Luke, let me ask you this. It's easy and correct to pull this fight one hundred percent agree, What if that line movement was in the main event, would they have done the same thing for the marquee bout as opposed to random prelim bout.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Probably the answer is probably not.
Speaker 3: However, to their credits, the wrong word, and it's not even a benefit per se.
Speaker 1: But the way in which whoever is getting.
Speaker 3: These fighters to throw fights, and again people can use their imagination, they're picking on a certain class a fighter, you know what I mean, rather than that's been the.
Speaker 2: Case through the history of throwing fights. But like, I wish somebody had asked Dana when he said this, because like we said, fully agree with the choice, but I wonder where the line is on which fights they would do and not do. If shawna Valley saw a Dong had it that's not the main event, maybe they would have pulled it if suddenly, you know, the line moved two hundred points there it is. I think that this is broadly the correct decision. I'm interested in, basically what it means that betting patterns can dictate whether a fight happens or not.
Speaker 3: Now, all right, let's move to the next one from flannels and JITs. After seeing the first show, what are your expectations for what the paramount era will be for the UFC. I wouldn't read too much into the first event, to be honest with you, not yet anyway. Let's I think a pattern has to emerge before everyone can just be ready for what it all means.
Speaker 2: I think I learned nothing from this that I didn't already know. It's going to be the same. The UC has not grown to what they are because they are an amorphis shifting into tea. They have staked their claim they are what they are. They brought much of their production team over to CBS. There might be some new things, some a bell and whistle here, or there. But this is going to be the same UFC you've been watching, just at a different price point in America.
Speaker 3: Last, but not least from MJ Silverfang. Will you guys make Jed actually shower and brush his teeth for the next pregame preview?
Speaker 2: Jed, I did shower. I'm showered right now.
Speaker 1: Do you brush those fangs?
Speaker 2: Look, we don't need to talk about my dental hygiene, but I did shower. I showered last time.
Speaker 3: I have brushed my teeth, but I have not showered, so I look you look that look fantastic. Uh A long Island, Luke. I'm sorry to do this. I need one more time. There are children running in and out of my house, and I need to go see if I need to call the cops very quickly because.
Speaker 4: I don't children.
Speaker 1: You added another for folks who don't know.
Speaker 3: It's a fucking snow day and I have neighborhood kids everywhere.
Speaker 1: And then there's I can just have it.
Speaker 3: You guys have one of those things more when the door opens, there's like it's not an alarm, but it's like the front door open. Yeah, and all I hear when you guys are when Jed's talking. All I hear is front door open, front door open, back door open, front door open, back door open.
Speaker 1: I'm like, back door open.
Speaker 2: I'll be right, go chack gun and I'll put Jeb love it when the back door's open. Yeah, long island, Luke, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 4: Nothing? We do have one more segment, Jed.
Speaker 5: I know I can't put us both on screen right now, which is unfortunate because else is bull. But either way it is higher or lower. Guys, we did do it last what Friday with Oscar? Or two fridays ago?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you did two Fridays. We did last Friday.
Speaker 4: I was there. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So half of them are silly. Half of them are combat sport it's related. Most of them are combat sports related. All of them, dare I say, are combat sports related. But either way it should be fun. Elt looks like he's back all right, I'm back all right.
Speaker 3: Of course your back door open, both of them, fucking both of them.
Speaker 1: It's five degrees in my living room right now. This is amazing.
Speaker 4: I mean, sounds comfortable.
Speaker 2: ELTI very inviting, what a very inviting home you have?
Speaker 5: Come on in, Elt, We're playing higher or lower again. So Okay, here it is higher or lower?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 5: Eltie Europe first, but obviously Jed feel free to chime in as well. Sean O'Malley obviously might be next for pyotr Jan, but he said he's willing to wait for the Yon Morob trilogy to play out. So higher lower than one and a half the amount of fights Sean O'Malley will have for the remainder of twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: I'll take the under one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's gonna have one.
Speaker 4: And who is it gonna be against?
Speaker 2: I'm saying Umar because I believe Look I call. I didn't really in my heart think Justin Gage is going to beat Patty Pimlet, but I just kept saying he would do it. I'm I'm very in on the secret and speaking truth to power. So let's let's go for Umar. Let's make it happen, all right.
Speaker 5: But see, I feel like if he fights Umar, win or lose, he's probably gonna fight again in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Six, because he's not gonna fight Umar until like the summer, and then he'll just be out for a while because then he'll be either waiting for a title fight or contemplating his career future.
Speaker 5: All right, jud this one's for you. We obviously know you're a big fan of the Georgia Bulldogs. We know everyone you know you bark when you're a Georgia Bullet. Oh O go dogs. Yeah, we also know John Silva is a big fan of barking. So higher lower than three and a half the amount of times you barked along with John Silva during fight week zero.
Speaker 2: I love Jean Silva a whole lot, except for his gimmicks are the gim of surfing on a dude A plus. We love that. The most that he communicates exclusively through barking is it's a bit tedious at this point in time, right.
Speaker 1: He's got to do what?
Speaker 3: Why are his nipples the size of pencil erasers?
Speaker 1: I mean, they're very, very tilting to me.
Speaker 2: I gotta I gotta tell you, I have not spent a lot of time dissecting the nipples of Jean Silvo. You and I watch fights in a different way.
Speaker 3: My friend, Yeah, Well, I got a big ass screen right in front of me, and my man's out there cutting glass with those things, and I was like, that's a lot I need to see.
Speaker 2: All that is men's featherweight. Luke's BC's strawweight. Is that what's going on here?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: He's like, God, they have the best nipples in thatis that?
Speaker 2: Those are some pretty sick areolas on John Silva.
Speaker 3: Okay, I didn't say that. I just know those things stuck out and it was annoying. All right, let's be let's calm calm your tits. How about that?
Speaker 1: Do that?
Speaker 2: Lt.
Speaker 5: Dana obviously admitted we talked about it, that the Johnson Hernandez fight was canceled after receiving a call from the Gaming Integrity Service. We know that they also reached out for the Dulgarian del Ville fight last year, but that was really the first time we've ever heard of them being in the spotlight reaching out to the UFC. It makes me think of how many times they've reached out and the UFC just brushed it under the rug. So my question to you is higher lower than four and a half the amount of calls Dana has gotten from the Gaming in Integrity Service in the last ten years.
Speaker 3: Take the over on that one, yeah, okay, to take the over on that one hard, all right?
Speaker 4: So what are you thinking?
Speaker 5: What what would have been a better higher or lower.
Speaker 1: Like what what should double that? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think at least once a year.
Speaker 1: In the last ten years, at least.
Speaker 4: Once, yes, yeah, yeah, Jed, you're integrations.
Speaker 3: Or at least on average, I mean because obviously you know gay or you know, but daily fantasy and then turning that into you know, more recreational gambling is relatively new, so but on average you have to be harder than that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, Jed, this one's for you.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 5: Lewis obviously didn't look great on Saturday, but heavyweight is so bad that I still think at forty years old, he is a viable resource. So my question to you, you can pull up the rankings if you need to higher or lower than seven and a half the amount of top fifteen heavyweights you would favor Derek Lewis to win over I mean.
Speaker 2: A top fifteen. So basically, can he beat more than half of the current ranked heavyweights. I'm going to reflexively say I would favor him fewer, but let's go through it real fast. I assume we're counting Tom Asmol as a champion. No zero gone, no Volkov, no Pavovich, no Blades, no WCA, no, I'll made a no. I mean he has lost to all of these. Yeah, it was just this point, so that's seven right there, seven straight.
Speaker 4: No, but look at this back half. Look at this back half.
Speaker 2: I mean he can't count himself. Spevac no Delia, I mean no, not off that laud performance. Tibera, No, I wouldn't. That's the thing. He could beat them, Like, once we get past Spevac, It's like he could beat these people. I still wouldn't favor him against Daliya, Tibera, Kadziev. I know he lost to ty To Ivasa, but like they kind of should just fight again because they're both in shambles. Yeah, big part, like I under by a mile.
Speaker 4: All right, I would have thought that was a good line.
Speaker 2: I would favor him against Talison to Shaa because he just beat him.
Speaker 1: LT.
Speaker 4: We know you didn't want to see debt and co at the sphere with PC, but I would rather get fucked to death.
Speaker 5: Okay, but you did that, so that means you you want to get very specific.
Speaker 1: No, that's not what that means.
Speaker 3: That means that, given the choice I had to I had a debt to pay, Remember, I lost a bet, I had to go do it.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 5: Well, either way, I'm going to assume when you go see a band you actually like that, you probably have some gummies in your tummy.
Speaker 1: So sure.
Speaker 4: My question to you was at.
Speaker 5: The sphere specifically high or lower than ninety nine and a half milligrams the amount of delta eight you had you ate before dead and coo at the spear.
Speaker 3: Oh brother, I mean you ever seen those cartoons when they're at the fair and they take the hammer and then they hit the thing and then it shoots up and it dings at the top. Buddy, you could do that one hundred times in a row. Take the motherfucking over on this one.
Speaker 4: Were talking how many hundreds?
Speaker 3: I mean, I think I started at one hundred before we even got there, all.
Speaker 4: Right, Well, that that's what I meant, like before you got no, but like we were there.
Speaker 3: So the way it worked was we got there early and they had tickets for us because one of the obviously BC was friends with one of the guys who was in the vand and then we hung out with them kind of not backstage, but like in a private area, and then there was even more to indulge at that point. So by the time the fight started, the fights I'm sorry the concert started.
Speaker 1: I was, I mean, how are dead and come?
Speaker 2: But he's nipples?
Speaker 4: Do you have any?
Speaker 1: John? Old guys?
Speaker 3: And they were mercifully they were clothed. What I will tell you is, bro, have you ever been to like it's a year from Georgia. You ever been to like a widespread panic concert?
Speaker 2: Yes, Okay, I'm not I'm not happy about that, but.
Speaker 3: It's like, it's a what do white guys who are in middle age who are not into gospel but like to just sway when they stand when they're listening to me? They do they go to shows like this one.
Speaker 1: That's what.
Speaker 2: This is a good move, like you just you're rocking along?
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: It was it looked like people people are like putting their hands up like this, you know. It looked like gospel just no religion whatsoever.
Speaker 1: It was. It was interesting.
Speaker 2: Everyone has their own different kinds of religion.
Speaker 3: And I was like, where are you pussy's gonna mash, but get the fuck out my way?
Speaker 5: And then they started rowing, uh, John, I want to.
Speaker 2: See fucking Luke Thomas pushing fifty mahing Still.
Speaker 3: No, I'm too old for that shit. But I've told the story before. This is not a joke. The last time I saw Cannibal Corpse, this is really true. I saw them at the Filmore in Silver Spring, Maryland, and there was a girl down there in the middle of this smash pit and a dude, I'm straight up just knuckling up with everyone.
Speaker 1: I'm not talking, you.
Speaker 3: Know, flailing, no bawling up the fist and just socking dudes in the face with it. And then I saw her get swallowed by the pit and then I never saw her the rest of the time we were there. So I don't know what kind of rules of the jungle that they allow at these shows, but it was it was a little concerning.
Speaker 4: They sacrificed her later that night.
Speaker 1: It probably did jed.
Speaker 4: This one's for you.
Speaker 5: John Silva probably has a legit argument for getting the next title shot, right if especially if they book Murphy Ofloyev, which is rumored to be happening in March. Nothing official, but without that fight taking place, they may still give it to him either way, because it's.
Speaker 4: John Silva, He's marketable or whatever.
Speaker 5: So my question to you higher lower than the amount of fights John Silva will need to take before.
Speaker 4: Getting a title shot.
Speaker 2: This is a good line. I'm taking the over. I think depending on how Vulk Lopez goes, what Vulk does with his career after that, and injury situation, John Silva could get there. I think it is unlikely. I think it's more likely he has to fight one more time and he'll do it and then he'll fight for the belt after that. So I'm taking the over.
Speaker 1: Lt I'll take the over.
Speaker 3: I'll take the over because, especially if Vulk loses and there's any kind of controversy about it, I don't think they're just gonna slot in Silva.
Speaker 5: No, all right, but I feel like, all right, you guys might be right. I was gonna say win or lose. I feel like they're just gonna give John Silva the title shot. I just I could see it.
Speaker 3: I mean again, I do think that is We're definitely a thing that you need to consider.
Speaker 2: Like it is definitely in play. If Vulk being yes next week.
Speaker 1: The line you're setting is the right one, I'll put it.
Speaker 2: There's also a timing issue because if they do do I said do do do and I said do do?
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 2: If they do end up going with movsar versus Murphy the winner of that is very clearly going to be the next guy, unless the timing does not work out at all. But you know that fight won't be in six weeks or whatever. It's not like that time he is that bad, So true, U.
Speaker 4: LT back to you.
Speaker 5: Ilia said recently that he's willing to come back in April, though obviously nothing is official, and with Justin winning the interim belt, maybe that increases the likelihood of that fight being at the White House, considering Justin is an American. So my question to you is higher or lower than five and a half the amount of months before we see Ilia versus Justin Gagee, This would put us at like mid June. All right, No, I guess it would put us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, would mid jun because it's basically six months a little less than six months.
Speaker 4: But it's also basically oh yeah, yeah, mid June.
Speaker 3: I mean it's I'll take the over, maybe barely, maybe barely, but I'll take the over.
Speaker 4: I think that you don't think it's happening at the White House.
Speaker 1: Well I think it is happening at the White House. So how do I answer this?
Speaker 5: Well, let's just say under for the White House, because that's like Okay, under.
Speaker 2: The line is the White House card?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: After the White House?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you should have put in five or something.
Speaker 4: You know, whatever I mean. Is it happening on the White House or after the White House?
Speaker 1: My view as it happens at the White House.
Speaker 4: Yes, Okay, Jed, I'll take the over.
Speaker 2: I think I'm probably wrong, but I don't know. I just I'm not entirely confident Ily is going to come back as quickly as he's maybe talked about. He's got some stuff going on in his life and he might just wait a little bit.
Speaker 4: I'm with you.
Speaker 5: I think that Ilia is taking longer than we're gonna we realize right now, and this fight doesn't happening anytime soon. But you know, Jed, a lot of fans were unhappy with the amount of ads. Obviously, we talked about it, Dana replying by saying, it's only eight ninety nine.
Speaker 4: What do you expect.
Speaker 5: So, whether it's from annoyed fans wanting less ads, or from Data himself or the company themselves deciding they need more money per customer, a price increase is obviously inevitable, so higher lower than eighty nine and a half days, the amount of days before the next price increase on Paramount plus high.
Speaker 2: I mean, they just they just knocked up their prices like at the start of this year. It'll one will come, It'll just come at the start of next year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they'll do the annual Oh we're gonna bump this up to blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: Did ESPN I feel like they do midyear bumps all the time? Did they not?
Speaker 1: They did, they did.
Speaker 3: But remember they started at four ninety nine, like we're already at eight ninety nine, and then thirteen ninety.
Speaker 5: Nine for free pay per views.
Speaker 2: So the difference is ESPN's bumps to my recollection, their bumps were always pay per view price point bumps as opposed to like our sub feed bump.
Speaker 4: That's a good point.
Speaker 2: And it's like Netflix, Like Netflix does it I pay. I used to pay eight dollars or whatever, and I paid twenty six or whatever it is. Yeah, but it usually comes as an annual email like the one I got from Paramount being like your price is going up. True, and so I assume that it will happen. It will happen in December, all right, LT during.
Speaker 5: Your live chot on Thursday and during MK on Friday, you showed everyone you were drinking sugar free A and W Roopier. Yes, obviously you must have got a twelve pack of it recently or something. So my question to you is higher lower than five and a half the amount of sugar free A and W roopiers you've drank in the last three days.
Speaker 1: Take the five men I might have had all twelve in the last three days.
Speaker 4: All right, this is what I was curious abou. Do you drink multiple in a day? Because you just kept pulling up?
Speaker 3: Typically one a day, but like when fights get closer, it's two and sometimes three.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, all right, Jad you a soda guy at all. I like soda.
Speaker 2: I don't like sugarless flavorless motherfuckers.
Speaker 3: You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Bro, nonut sweeteners are so much better than they used to be.
Speaker 2: I can confidently say I have never tried it. So it just possible that have.
Speaker 1: You had that mountain zero sugar? No?
Speaker 2: I haven't, I don't. I gotta tell you, I don't know the last time I had a mountain dew.
Speaker 1: In general, mountain do zero sugar is tremendo.
Speaker 2: I used to drink mountain dew because it had high caffeine, and then they everyone just started making fucking energy drink. So I don't need that.
Speaker 3: Do you know mountain dew? I think it is banned in the UK. No, it's not banned, but it's labeled as an energy drink in the UK because of it's caffeine content.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that tracks. It's that ship was like Surge only only still around.
Speaker 5: So a big jolt guy oh.
Speaker 2: Man, Joel, I haven't thought of jolt years.
Speaker 3: I couldn't believe this. I found this out. Colombia's got a soda called Roman Cola with a K. It predates Coca Cola. It was it was founded earlier than them, which I was shocked to.
Speaker 4: Hear on the bottle.
Speaker 1: Roman. I don't know, not, not not that I'm aware of.
Speaker 2: How do we think that pairs with rum? It's good?
Speaker 1: Oh it'sncola. It's pretty good. It's pretty good. I'll say that, Yes, all right.
Speaker 5: Jed Geechie has said one more Ko loss and he's done. Trevor Whitman has said one more loss and he's done. Ilia fight obviously should be next. But there is a world justin wins. There's also a world, Ilia stays on the sidelines for however long, and Justin fights someone else. And there's also a world that even with a loss, Justin continues fighting. So my question to you is higher lower than one and a half the amount of fights Justin Gatchie will have for the remainder of his career over.
Speaker 2: I think he's talked about it. I don't think we have that many. Assuming he loses to Ilia. I think he'll think about it, and then he'll want a couple of things, because he's spoken pretty open like he wants he wants another crack at Max and the BMF belt, And we hadn't talked about it at all today. But uh, I don't know if you guys saw this last night, old Dustin Pourier out here out here commenting, posting saying I'd come back to fight Justin Gatgee one more time, and so like that kind of feels that feels like the perfect end of his career. Right he loses to Ilia, he fights Max one more, however that goes, and then ends his career with the trilogy about with Porier sign me up for that ship?
Speaker 3: I think, I think I think if if to Pooria's next and to Poria ices him, U like, like puts him out cold.
Speaker 1: I think that might be the end.
Speaker 2: I mean, I understand it's I do think it's a good over under I understand your point, Luke. I'll just say, this is Mma who actually retires in this sport, true and justin like you know, he got the face plant Ko against Max and acts like that and never he's like, if I got knocked out bad, you know I'm done.
Speaker 4: It's like you you've already been knocked out bad, you know.
Speaker 2: To to his defense, his original thesis was always I've got five wars left in me, and he's now had three of them, so he's still got two left in the chamber to wars and or bad losses.
Speaker 4: LT. This one's for you.
Speaker 5: You once said you watch Volkanovski Holloway two forty nine times.
Speaker 1: Yes, famously, And while the other.
Speaker 2: Two fights weren't nearly as kind.
Speaker 1: Guys are you? Guys are dumb? I want you both to know that.
Speaker 5: The other two fights, Luke, weren't nearly as controversial, but you often neglect to mention how many times you've watched them, so higher or lower than nine and a half the amount of times combined that you've watched Volkanovsky Holloway one and three.
Speaker 3: No, it'd be the over because I watched the first one a lot, and I know I watched the third one because of how one sided it was at least six or seven times. So between those two it's gotta be over ten.
Speaker 5: If you're not doing tape study, how often do you rewatch a fight? Like what's an average your every day Let's say, like John Silva, Arnold Allen?
Speaker 4: How many times are you going to watch that back.
Speaker 1: Only for I mean only for tape study purposes of this one? All right? So yeah, all right, Like.
Speaker 3: If there's I mean, I'll rewatch classic bouts or fun bouts or you know, I'll go down memory lane. But just it's just it's just it's not really it's just a question of how much time I have. And because my time is dude, I've got kids running through my goddamn living room leaving the fridge door open, you know what I mean. Like it's like I don't have time to be like, oh, what fun little adventure am I going to go down today? It's like, Okay, I've got to do tape studdy for X, Y and Z.
Speaker 1: I'm going to focus on that.
Speaker 5: I did do the math on you watching Volkanowski Holloway two forty nine times, and it came out to roughly twenty three hours, I believe.
Speaker 3: So no, no, As I explained at the time, it's not totally right. I counted each time I fired up another like like tape session. So I may not have watched in a full tape session the entire five rounds. I may have watched rounds two and three, or I may have watched just the championship rounds, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So, so it's a it's an amalgamation of shorter stints than that.
Speaker 5: All right, Uh? Jed last one for you, John Silva. Obviously he rode the back of Arnold Allen. We all thought it was funny, like he was a damn surfboard. In the waiting seconds of their about on Saturday. It got me thinking, has Jed ever surfed before?
Speaker 1: So higher?
Speaker 5: Lower than three and a half the amount of time in seconds you could smurf A smurf surf a small wave.
Speaker 2: I couldn't smurf shit a small wave. I can.
Speaker 4: I can get up.
Speaker 2: I mean, I grew up on the coast there's not like a lot of great surfing in Savannah. But like I grew up on the coast, I did a lot of bodyboarding, much on boogie boarding because the waves are just not big enough.
Speaker 4: Counting that we're talking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like I have and am capable, I mean I haven't done it in years. I assume I am still have the baseline level of coordination to surf a small wave for more than three and a half seconds. But I'm not like dropping in a pipe.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I didn't think so that's why I put the over under a three. Yeah, lt you can put my big ass on the under. Yeah, trust that. I figured you were uncoordinated like that. No offense.
Speaker 4: But anyways, guys, that was higher.
Speaker 2: I could serve for human far less though, like I couldn't do what John Silva did, which was cool.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 5: I put on my Instagram story someone made like an AI thing where he starts riding Arnold Allen.
Speaker 4: It turns into a skateboard he's at the skate park. That's so good, so fucking good. But that was higher lower guys, hope you enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: Yes, I did all right, very good?
Speaker 3: Uh, which now I think that's it that brings us to the end of the show.
Speaker 1: Well done.
Speaker 3: Uh, Jed, I saw your article. It is up on MMA fighting dot com. Why don't you plug your work dope?
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, mmefin dot com. It's a great website.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: We have a but after action report for UOC three four you can get more thoughts on mine there and or other people at the thing.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you guys know this. There's a pay per view this week and.
Speaker 1: Are you guys sending anybody?
Speaker 2: No, we because it's in Australia. Who came decision not to which also super worked out because normally be Jose Jose, like Chuck strained it right now so he maybe it would actually be fine because maybe he just fly directly to Australia instead of trying to fly back. But no, no one going to be boots on the ground for this one. But we're going to do the same stuff. We will have between the links on Thursday. At some point me and Chuck Minden Hall got to get it on on prop quiz Long Island since Luke Thomas is a coward and refuses to face me.
Speaker 4: Yes, I see You're coming around as soon as we signed off. I'm convincing you we're doing it this.
Speaker 3: If you start opening up the topics to things that you know I studied in great detail, then yes.
Speaker 4: Deal done, that's it. We're done. We're doing it.
Speaker 2: Uh So if all of the topics are just the Max Holloway Volk too, we're good.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: So I did the very first episode and it was things like it was like there was a little bit like a bit of a DC trivia or history trivia, and I smoked all that it was. Then it was like, ah, what was the seventeen significant strike Throne by Oladay Osborne and his Contender series Round three perform out?
Speaker 1: How the funck? Should I know? I don't pay attention to that level of it.
Speaker 4: Come a long way, Luke. We're twenty five. This will be the twenty fifth episode. You know I've gotten a lot better mayhem question you So yeah, thank you?
Speaker 3: All right, very good. So go to MMA Fighting dot Com. As a reminder, Morningcombat dot Shop. Morningcombat dot Shop got about a week left on these boys and girls. The posters are sold out, apologize for that, but the shirts are still available, the Stranger Danger shirts, and you can get those until January thirty first at eleven fifty nine pm East Coast time. We are available on socials. I think you saw them a minute ago. We'll put them up one more time for morning combat, as well as me and Jed Mishu.
Speaker 1: And that's it.
Speaker 3: So Chuck sends his regards that he couldn't make it, but I think he'll be back. Well, he's still not home. I don't know when he's gonna get home, but hopefully he'll be home soon and we'll get him on air either this Friday or the following Monday. But Jet, thank you so much for filling in. We really appreciate a great job today. And yeah, stay tuned WMA Fighting dot com for more of Jed's work. Thank you guys so much for tuning in today. We really appreciate it. So for Long Island.
Speaker 1: Luke, that's Jedmashue. I'm Luke Thomas. We'll see you next time, and until then, may all of your gains be loyal