Speaker 1: The second data day. They say, if you go out looking for love, okay, you're never gonna find.
Speaker 2: It, That's what they say.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, you can't just wait around for love to come knocking on your front door. It's also important note, can you, because that's exactly what happened to one of our listeners, Alisha. She was at home when love came and knocked it.
Speaker 2: Wait can you order that on Amazon now?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: She wants our help to knock back Alicia, Welcome to the show. A lot of knocking going on?
Speaker 2: Are we talking about the end of the day.
Speaker 1: I don't know a Lisha. How you doing?
Speaker 4: Hi, guys, I'm good. How are you good?
Speaker 2: I'm curious who came to your door?
Speaker 4: So his name is Robert? Okay, yeah, we met my apartment building because he literally came and knocking at my door.
Speaker 2: Wait, he just like randomly showed up to your door at your apartment building.
Speaker 4: Oh, I mean, like I guess yes. And now so it was afterwards, so I just kind of like home, like relaxing. And he's a maintenance worker.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Oh, so he's hot and he's handy.
Speaker 1: Was ready to just go like door to door knocking if there was any takers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was just like going around her to scope for tail.
Speaker 1: Okay, he actually had a job to do.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: He was a really scared looking maintenance worker. You know, he had like the jumpsuit on, he had his tool belt. I mean, you know, that's a really manly man type blue collar worker.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Pipes, was.
Speaker 2: That a good moment when you open your door or a freak out moment? Because when I get home from work, I am not looking my hottest right, And he opened the door with like a bag of in your hands.
Speaker 1: And sometimes not even just when you're home either. Yeah, he literally has a blanket thrown over right now, that's true. So what was your state? Alicia?
Speaker 4: Sat? But like I still had like my makeup on from work, So I was, okay, a.
Speaker 2: Company, which is the best way to be. It's the best way to be.
Speaker 4: Okay, Like, obviously I opened the door. Uh, I was shocked to see him, but you know, as I inquired, I was like, hey, you know, what are you doing here? He was basically hired by the building to go to all the apartments just to kind of check the appliances to make sure everything's working correctly. Everything's wired correctly, so.
Speaker 2: You're just hoping something's broken so he has to come back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or just like stay longer, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think my bed's broken. You should hop in there. I'm curious, though, how do you flirt with a guy that's doing maintenance work in your building? You've never seen an adult video? How does she got it?
Speaker 4: And like I was just kind of making small talk with him, you know, like how long have you been doing this?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: Does he enjoy it?
Speaker 1: It's nice because I bet they get left alone a lot.
Speaker 2: Like if that's what you consider flirting, then my husband has flirted with everything or has ever come into our home.
Speaker 4: But then when he was like he says he works crazy hours just because he's like he's on call so like something frank, you know, they could call him at like two o'clock in the morning to be like hey, like a pipers. So when he was telling me about his crazy hours, I was just like I tried to sneak in like as suddenly as I could. I was like, Oh, what does your girlfriend think of these like crazy hours? Like smart?
Speaker 1: And that actually that also shows him like you're kind of interested.
Speaker 2: What did he say?
Speaker 4: He told me he didn't have one, okay, So then I was like, you know what, you know, you have other places to go, like other apartments, But how about after you're done, why don't you like stop by back here for a drink?
Speaker 3: Was so good?
Speaker 1: He's like, sorry, I can never drink, but thank you. What did he say?
Speaker 4: He was like, sure, you know, and I put my number in his phone at move.
Speaker 1: I was like, were you getting a vibe back from him this entire time? But if he took your number, then that's a pretty good sign.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I felt like there was a good vibe because like sometimes when you talk to their native worker, they just don't seem to be They just don't want to be bothered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know they want to focus on their work.
Speaker 2: Well, it could have easily, I mean, he had such an easy out. He could have easily just said, oh, I'm sorry, I'm not allowed to do that.
Speaker 4: You know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So did he come back?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: And it was fird because like we really had a good vibe and like he was like asking me questions too.
Speaker 2: That sucks. Did he text you or anything?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: I mean I was just sucked like in like a week, and I just thought I don't know. I'm not look I'm not looking to get married. I'm not looking to get into a full bown relationship. But he was cute. I would love to have a drink with him and get to know him more because I just felt like he had a good conversation. I'd like to continue it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so we're gonna play a song, we'll come back. We'll call the sexy maintenance man. What was his name?
Speaker 4: Robert?
Speaker 1: Robert, second sexy maintenance man, Robert. Well, see what he has to say. Hopefully get you a second date right after that. Oh, hello, are you a maintenance worker? Because you can drain my septic tank?
Speaker 2: Nod. Alicia like steamy in a bad way.
Speaker 1: Alicia, who's on the phone for a second date, didn't use that exact pickup line, but she did get flirty with an attractive maintenance guy who showed up randomly to her apartment unit to do some inspections.
Speaker 2: It is going to take me a minute to overcome what you just did, Jeff. I don't know if I'm going to hear you.
Speaker 1: For the next minute because it's so hot.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: Before he left, she even asked him if he wanted to grab a drink and he said, yeah, she put her number into his phone, but she hasn't gotten any responses from him since that day. And now, Alicia, you can borrow the septic tank line is once we get him on, I promise I won't be mad at you.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, don't take that.
Speaker 1: It's a smart decision.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying I never asked you after because you said come back to my place and have a drink, and then he never showed up. What did you text him when he wasn't there?
Speaker 4: I mean I literally just said, like, hey, great meeting you like look forward to stop you by for a drinks, like a little smiley face, Like you.
Speaker 2: Do you think that he's not reading it right? Like maybe honestly, like he's at work, he's not thinking outside of the box, Like maybe he didn't realize that you were like into him.
Speaker 1: He's exhausted after his ship. He's like totally back and check for more stuff.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think it was like fairly obvious that I was flurrying.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have to like probably take a wrench to your thermostat and then take a photo you like, how did this happen? I guess you got to come back. But no, let's give him a call and we'll see if he answers and see if you'll explain himself.
Speaker 3: You ready, I'm ready?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Here we gons number.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hey is this Robert? Yeah?
Speaker 3: This is Robert. Who's this?
Speaker 1: And my name is jeff I work on a morning radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: Okay, can I help you?
Speaker 1: Well, we actually kind of want to help you with your dating life?
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: I was probably the smoothest line ofman deliver all year, so I'm hard to retire. But no, we're trying to reconnect you with somebody that you met recently. Her name's Alicia.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, like ringing a bell for you.
Speaker 1: You went over to her apartment and had to do something inpecs in her unit.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, and where are we going with this?
Speaker 1: Well, she told us about your guys' interaction and had a lot of nice things to say about you, and she was hoping to see you again.
Speaker 2: She actually thought you were coming back that same night to have a drink at her place, and then you never showed.
Speaker 1: Oh, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Is there a reason that you're kind of avoiding her. That's I mean, that's what she feels like is happening.
Speaker 3: Well, she's attractive, you know, don't get me wrong.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's good.
Speaker 3: It's complicated. I just don't want to cause any trouble. Are you married like a thing? No, No, it's not that it's gonna she's gonna hate me. I'd rather just talk to her about this. If this is going to be like a thing, it's like kind of like a private Okay.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean she actually came to us and gave us full rain to talk about whatever it is. She understands that something embarrassing could come out through this segment. So even if it's gonna be a little bit weird, she's willing to hear it.
Speaker 2: I mean, it sounds like it's something with her.
Speaker 3: Wait wait, wait, did you just say she's on the phone. Now she's on the phone.
Speaker 1: Well no, I didn't say that, not specifically, but it's funny that you thought that, because actually she is here on the other line.
Speaker 3: Job bro.
Speaker 2: So we'll just be quiet and you guys can have that private conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Alicia, do you want to want to jump in here?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I mean, I don't know what could be so bad that you can't tell me like I would just rather you be like upfront and honest with me, Like I just thought we had like a chill vibe and if you.
Speaker 3: Didn't want to get right right, well, you know, I'm just trying to get through my day to day and the phone rings and it's the radio, and I'm feeling a lot of pressure right now. I feel like I'm being pushed in a box here.
Speaker 2: And that wasn't it at all, Robert, Like, honestly, she just liked you.
Speaker 1: You said yourself, you thought that she was attractive before you realized she was there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, she's definitely attractive and she's a very nice girl. All right, Well, listen, I'm never going to see you again, so I guess I'll just be upfront and honest with you.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's fine. Let him speak is truth. He's being honest.
Speaker 3: So even though I do maintenance for apartment buildings, I don't do maintenance for your apartment building.
Speaker 1: What a little? What does that mean?
Speaker 3: So your ex boyfriend found me on task Rabbit and he hired me to go into your place and get his watch back shut?
Speaker 2: What like, doesn't your apartment have to give you twenty four hours notice to have someone come in, Like, why didn't you? Was it going to be a maintenance?
Speaker 4: For kidding me?
Speaker 3: Oh, like I said, I'm not trying to get anybody in trouble here. No, he told me it was an expensive watch. Apparently it's sentimental. He was going to give me three hundred dollars to find it. Oh, I didn't even find it. I mean, like her and I were talking the whole time. She was right there the whole time.
Speaker 1: Wait, what did you just say? What did you just say?
Speaker 4: I don't have it?
Speaker 1: What do you mean you don't have it? Where is it?
Speaker 4: He took it back? So I don't understand, Like what was he just trying to spy on me? Otherwise? Like what, I have nothing from that relationship they were.
Speaker 3: This is the reason right here why I don't want to get into any of this. I don't have a dog in this race. I don't really care who has the watch.
Speaker 1: I don't Did he ask to get his dog back too? I want to go.
Speaker 3: Listen, man, I just wanted to get I got hired for a job. I tried to do my job. I mean, he paid me to go over there anyway. All he wanted was the watch. He wasn't asking me if there was any guys over, he didn't ask me to go through her phone. He literally just asked me about the watch.
Speaker 1: Wow, is less creepy than a sound?
Speaker 4: No, it is creepy. Like, I just feel very violated by both of them.
Speaker 2: I can see that.
Speaker 4: The fact that he would do this, the fact that Robert would take a job inter somebody's apartment under both pretenses, good.
Speaker 3: Point, if it makes you feel any better, Like I really am a maintenance man. I really did check all your appliances.
Speaker 1: That's really nice.
Speaker 4: I got the bar to know now and then to keep it up into the air like what if?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess, thank you guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but don't you want to, like tell him off to his face when we send you on a date and we would pay for it, you're still going to ask her out or a drink in his face, whatever you guys want to do while you're together. To you, but we would pay for that experience.
Speaker 2: I don't think she wants to say no. I don't think you want to see either of them again.
Speaker 1: I mean, Robert, is that something that you'd be interested in.
Speaker 4: Like I said, Man, I just.
Speaker 3: Got hired to do a job. I'm not trying to get involved. I kind of need to exactly.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about a different kind of job that you could be getting yourself into your gift cards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he is alone you to do.
Speaker 1: I mean, Robert, are you at least open for her to hire you to do something else? Maybe she can hire you to go into the boyfriend's place.
Speaker 2: This get tap and get what would I need?
Speaker 1: Take his pants? But can't anymore?
Speaker 2: I think just leave the X load. He sounds crazy.
Speaker 3: You guys are really dumb right now. I can't even believe.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, you're not wrong.
Speaker 4: Okay, really dumb. There's nobody dumber in this situation than you right now, Robert.
Speaker 3: For your information, I gave him the money back. I felt really horrible that I even did it.
Speaker 1: Oh, oh my god, are you sure you don't want to go out with you?
Speaker 2: I mean, maybe my standards are too low.
Speaker 4: I mean, he could say anything like there's no proof that he gave them money back. Come on, guys, that's.
Speaker 2: A good point. See, I believe this. This is why we were offended when he called us dumb.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, uh, I mean I should say sorry, but it sounds like Alicia doesn't even want to date.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean she got the information she needed, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: And if any of us have something that we want to it recovered, we know exactly who to call. We have your number, now, Robert, can you recover my actual ex girlfriend?
Speaker 2: See, I just have a broken smoke detector. I thought he might want to come check.
Speaker 3: Oh, Robert, I am not available for anything that you idiots need.
Speaker 4: He just becomes more charming and charming as he continues, all.
Speaker 3: Right, I'll see you tomorrow, Robert broken Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Well I just got off the phone with Robert.
Speaker 2: Oh my go of course you did.
Speaker 1: And tomorrow looks like somebody's getting his septic tank drains. Then I'm sending him over to Brooks House to get my confidence back. She stole it.
Speaker 2: I honestly feel bad. I think that I didn't go hard enough on Robert. I kind of liked him at the end, I know, and I don't think we should have. What he did was so wrong and and like her ex boyfriend is so crazy.
Speaker 1: But he didn't know any of them. He didn't know what he was doing, and like the saving. He braced the problem. He didn't plan it, he just went along with it, and at the end of the day didn't end up stealing anything and actually checked and fixed a bunch of her appliances.
Speaker 2: That's what he says.
Speaker 4: I mean.
Speaker 2: The thing is, the guy responded to someone asking him to go into an ex girlfriend's house and retrieve a wa Okay, here's the deal.
Speaker 1: I think people would do a lot of weird stuff for three hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I'd probably do the same. I'm torn.
Speaker 2: I'm torn. I don't know if I reacted correctly.
Speaker 1: Who knows if the ex boyfriend just laid it out that simply what if he was like this woman was horrible to me for years and years and she did terrible things. We don't know it on either side. But at the end of the day, no second date, which is good. I think it's good.
Speaker 2: Amazing the things you can hire people for these days. You could just outsource everything.
Speaker 1: Accidentally the best task Rabbit commercial. But also, if you ever want to get a second date, update, email the show. We'll call the person who wasn't calling you back.
Speaker 2: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning up