Speaker 1: What's up everyone on Tory Deal And I'm Anissa Ferreira and this is MTV's official Challenge podcast.
Speaker 2: And today we have no guest but Anissa.
Speaker 3: I'm really excited to break down this episode with you because there's so much to talk.
Speaker 1: About, so much. My notes are so long, dude, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, what even happened?
Speaker 3: Should we start with a little recap of the previous week, just so we can keep everyone up to date, because last week was insane.
Speaker 2: It was when Cam voted herself into that elimination.
Speaker 1: And then Cam took out Tina. Yes, then she stole Car a star, which she said, I mean Cam literally she said what she was going to do, and then she did it.
Speaker 3: Absolutely And I think that was such a bold move in the game and probably one of the most powerful episodes I've ever witnessed on any Challenge, let alone All Stars. So I think that that deserves an extra little highlight again because that was just such an incredible episode and I'm still feel like I'm riding high off that from last week. I mean, it sets the whole thing up, so the environment feels like if we were to be living in that house, it would have been so talk.
Speaker 1: Nope, nope, don't even want to think about it. I want to think about even visiting the house, Like, would you like to tour this house? Absolutely not. I don't want the Toxicity house. Actually, don't want to visit. We could just drive on by that house and go to the next one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I mean it was brutal, but thankfully they start this episode out and I think that the producer did this strategically with this nice little pool party where everyone seems to be getting along.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then Avery opens up about her life, which is nice because we get to see that she gets a little bit emotional about her brother. She's cleaning the pool, yeah, I mean yeah, and then and then it just goes straight drama, I know, for the next to it for the next forty two minutes.
Speaker 3: I know. But you know what I want to touch on before we get into the drama. Did you notice that one little clip of Lee Ray and Cam talking and they were like joking about giving Kingston a baby sister.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I know. And then he has a baby sister. Now I know he has a baby sister. Talk about foreshadowing dude exactly.
Speaker 2: Like that is crazy to me.
Speaker 1: I mean they waited a little bit after the season was over, and then they were like, Okay, let's make this shit come true. But that's there's something special about that couple.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, definitely, they're super cute. Besides the love, it's it's Cam's ability.
Speaker 1: To tell the future. Yeah, she's either gonna make the future or tell it.
Speaker 2: And also it was like that's it.
Speaker 3: It was like the joking little scene of Leero being like, you know, we're about to make another baby and he was like I'm kidding and she's like I'm not.
Speaker 2: And I just loved that.
Speaker 1: I'm not You're going to give me another baby? Yeah, It's like, oh shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was really sweet and it was a nice way to start off the episode. Obviously, right until we get back into this game. I mean immediately Nicole gets into it with Kara. Nicole and Kara, yeah, I mean back and forth. Yeah, but then Aces like Car's my best friend. I'm like, when did these these are? You know how it is on the show, like you become friends with people. Yeah, just out of nowhere. I wish I would have seen.
Speaker 1: I felt like I see a lot of Kara and Steve together and Ace is there too, Like they partner up, but I would have liked to see their friendship a little bit more like unfolding. Yeah, but it's nice to have a you know, like a rider dires a number one in the game, especially when you haven't been in it for so long.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I think like what Ace has shown us about his personality since the beginning of All Stars is that he really doesn't like to go with the grain. And I think he notices that Kara is on an island of her own in a way, and so I think he just naturally gravitates towards whatever isn't popular.
Speaker 1: He is he likes the unpopular opinion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he is that, and I think it's it makes for obviously comfort for Kara for sure, because I can't imagine what it's like to actually I can imagine what it's like to be an island.
Speaker 2: And he wants you there. Yeah, I've been there.
Speaker 1: We've all totally get it, totally get it. Yeah, we're just going to keep you to the end, and then we're going to dispose of you. Yeah, perfect, thank you.
Speaker 3: It definitely doesn't feel great, And I think it's interesting because you know, I think probably coming into this game, maybe.
Speaker 2: Kara and law Car and Nicole and Cam.
Speaker 3: Obviously we're all on decent terms, but we're at this point in the game where it's completely flipped and now.
Speaker 2: All three of those girls are against Kara.
Speaker 1: Well, Laurel and Cara haven't haven't talked in a while or so, I just to assume that they're not on the best of terms coming into this game. And then Nicole and Laurel weren't talking until this game, and Cam and Kara were friends until Lara didn't want to vote the way Cam needed her to vote. So it's like whomever wasn't friends before are still not friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, it's interesting because I'm trying to like really piece it together, right like, and we get these interviews of everyone basically shit talking one another, but I'm trying to like find.
Speaker 2: The core of the truth buried beneath the interview.
Speaker 3: And what I think I'm coming to the conclusion of is that just like what happened with Kara and Cam, when Kara and Cam didn't want to vote the same way, it became this huge rift in their relationship. And I think now because Nicole has swayed previous votes.
Speaker 2: To not align with the way Carr wanted to vote.
Speaker 3: It's just totally gameplay that's then turning into a personal thing. So it makes me wonder, like, is are people taking this game too personally?
Speaker 1: I don't see. I don't know. I mean, I'm kind of on the fence, like yes and no, Like I know, we all say it's just a game, yeah, but there are real friendships outside of the show. I think just lines get blurred, people's feelings get hurt.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that there are a lot of egos this season. Yeah, and they're just getting these egos are getting beat up they which is and then they're rebounding egos where it's like now the ego is bigger than it was before. I don't know. I feel like the people have had their feelings hurt and maybe they're just turning it into just gameplay at this point. Kind of works for all of them though, because then it gives you like a reason to be kind of like petty and spiteful.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's interesting because, like you know, sometimes they're are these petty moments that turn into something even just it just makes it all so much heavier, which I think is like what's happening It's like when the energy of a game feels this heavy, it's incredibly difficult to navigate because it's very emotionally driven. But it's also really entertaining to watch because it's so raw.
Speaker 2: So we're like.
Speaker 3: Seeing these moments between people where it's like, oh my gosh, like this is.
Speaker 2: Actually these are real emotions. This isn't fake beef.
Speaker 1: This is like actually happening right, Like this is going outside the show. You know when you do something on a show and you're like I hate that, and then you get off the show and you're like, I love this person. Yes, I don't think that's gonna happen here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I don't think so either.
Speaker 3: But maybe a little bit with Kara and Cam, like even when Kara was sitting in the kitchen or Cam was sitting in the kitchen and Kara was in the living room. She was talking to I think Jay and Flora was in the in the room as well. Car was like, yeah, I'm not gonna take your star Cam, like you know, you command presents. And then Cam says to Kara, oh, Car, you have an army. So there seems to be some respect, But do you think that Cam is right and Kara actually has an army in this game.
Speaker 1: I mean, Kara has more people than she likes to lead on, you know, like she has Steve, she has Ace, she has Jay Jay. There's three people right there. You know, she's friendly with other people. The only people she has has kind of beef with are Nicole and Laurel right now, and sometimes Cam and Flora. Well, no, I don't even know if it's beef. Flora just is like, listen, you are a baby. Stop being a baby. And that's it. Flora is just an adult and she has a child, and she's just like, I'm sick of you whining. It is had enough. Flora's had enough. She also has been out of this for so long.
Speaker 2: She's had enough. You can tell that she's just like, she's not here for the bullshit.
Speaker 1: No, no, not at all. She would have grounded all of those kids.
Speaker 2: That was She's.
Speaker 1: She's savage, dude. Listen. The women are always An honorable mention goes to Ryan Kehoe for nailing his interviews as well this episode. But the women are They always carry the seasons to the savage interviews. Listen, Savage, like nobody gives a shit. It's like they're they're interviewing, like no one else is going to watch this, and I'm here for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's wild.
Speaker 3: I think it's interesting as we right before we get into the challenge, you know, Jay seems to be pretty torn between Nicole and Kara, but walking up to the challenge, he's not too worried about it because we assume it's gonna be a.
Speaker 2: Guy's day because last week was a girl's day.
Speaker 3: And then they all pull up to this challenge it's called run the Plank and a big no thank you. I have no interest in running a plank.
Speaker 1: Doing Ryan key Hoe and pussy Kat Crawl the plank.
Speaker 2: Oh it's amazing, meow. But the TEJ says.
Speaker 3: That it's gonna be a girl's day again. I mean, like, you're not doing us any favors, Bro, I'd be pissed. I mean, it could have gone either way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they're getting to the end of the show, so it's you know, the final is approaching dangerously close. It's moments away. Yeah, so yeah, I mean I would be pissed if I were a girl and going into that challenge. I mean, you know what it's like having that kind of pressure Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think I just would have been most upset if I was Cam, because the week before she was kind of certain it was like maybe the last Girl's Day or close to it, and then basically all that work she did just leads to another Girl's Day and it kind of just like starting back from the beginning. Yeah, and obviously this challenge looks really difficult. I mean, like all of the challenges have to jump off this plank which is up high in the air.
Speaker 2: They have to grab these balls.
Speaker 1: It's not even the jumping tory. It's getting up to the part where you have to jump. Yeah, it's a lot running thy plank. Yeah, that's scary. Yeah that Cam was like absolutely not. And we talked to Cam about her postpartum anxiety and how I think. I mean, I've never seen Cam ever quit anything, so for her to do that, she had to be scared, she had to be anxious, and you know, we both know what that's like. I mean, I feel for her. I'm sure that was hard, but like she definitively was like, no, babe, can't do it, and he was like, okay, babe.
Speaker 2: He was really a great supporter on that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because anybody else Lewd would have been pissed. He's more scared of cam than elimination. So that's hilarious. I can't and that's fair. It's the mother of his child, right, fair to say. Yes, so there's no shade there. That is one thousand percent of the truth. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, aside from them deciding to disqualify themselves, everybody in this first group is pretty awful.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's a slow group.
Speaker 3: I mean, like Kara and they think that they're crushing it, but like by the end of it, I mean they're like, well, that took us a really long time.
Speaker 1: To finish, right, that took us an hour and a half. We definitely didn't win that one. And the second group hasn't even gone yet. Yeah, I mean the guinea pig plank.
Speaker 3: I got to give some extra special love to Veronica and to Flora, because although they probably did not want to do these jumps, they did it and that is honorable.
Speaker 1: So I gotta get them an over. Veronica's tiny little self over and over again, just jumping off and just missing it. Yeah, but that effort, that effort, yeah, uh, honorable mentions all around.
Speaker 3: I think this would have been a fun day to be a guy because you get to just like do this challenge without worry about going into elimination. So I would have preferred it like to not I would have preferred to be a guy on this day just to not have to have that stress. Because by itself the challenge was scary enough. But this first group was so bad that literally every single one of them are in the losing group.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, but you know, I not only is it scary, they don't know what they're doing. However, I would think after the first jump you kind of like get the hang of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean they were like nope.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, definitely not. The second group so absolutely crushes it. I mean Derek and Laurel.
Speaker 1: Wow, Derek has been the surprise of surprises this season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he really has been.
Speaker 1: Daddy long legs, Daddy long legs. He legitimately is the fastest kid around mm hmm. And he also can jump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's he's really good.
Speaker 3: And Laurel it's no surprise that she's good at this, Like she really does lock into high gear when it comes to anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you would think that she has one of these in her backyard one hundred percent, Like, oh, we would just do this at the lake every summer. Yeah, walk the plank and just jump and grab a string.
Speaker 3: I think she like lacks that like fear quality in her brain a little bit, uh, not quality that fear. Is it like a hereditary thing or like do you think she's I don't know.
Speaker 1: Like it's the it's the what the sympathetic nervous is I don't know, but it's the amygdala.
Speaker 2: Thanks Anisia for the anatomy life.
Speaker 1: Well, it's like it's fight or flight mode, and I feel like she just lacks the ability to like fear stuff. So there is no you know, it's just fight.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, So she just goes on in I'm wrong, take my degree from me. Don't take it from me. Just give me an f for the day. I'd like to give myself a pending star today, justin we'll get.
Speaker 2: Some fact checks on that. Feel free to fact check.
Speaker 3: And he said, let us know, we would love to know anybody who has a degree in anatom.
Speaker 1: Please let us know. All right, we have to take a quick break. Don't move, We'll be right back after this. Okay, let's get back to the show.
Speaker 3: This second group also kind of blows my mind a little bit, because I think Jay is kind of out of the loop. He's assuming that him and the cole are going to win, and then all of a sudden they come in last place of that second group, which is still good enough to keep them out of the losing bracket, but he's like, we could have won. So do you think this is my question, do you think Nicole actually was throwing it for Laura win or do you think that she is just blaming her.
Speaker 1: Loss on that I'm on the fence? Okay, she was like, little did they know I'm doing this for Laurel? Yeah, I'm like, no, no, you're not, or maybe you are. But Nicole is so competitive, y, you know, it's hard to I've thrown challenges before though, so like, yeah, strategy wise, I can see because she's also in zero danger. Like I get Jay wanting to win because he has to redeem himself right on so many levels, which isn't Like I don't think Jay's like waiting for TJ to give him a drink so he can like finish it and be like, see, guys, I've grown. He's just trying to like be you know, a dominant like competitor at this point, yeah, He's like, I'm good at stuff. I've been doing CrossFit, I'm a firefighter. Why the hell aren't we winning?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: So I think that in something where they easily could have won, I think Jay's pissed that they didn't. But I mean, neither of them have to worry, right, not a guy's day, right, And Nicole gets to save her.
Speaker 2: Boo yep, and Avery and Adam just crush it.
Speaker 3: They make a great pair, they do, yeah, and a cute pair at that, right they do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So they make a great pew. They're really cute. I know, I know.
Speaker 3: And then Laurel gets back into the house and she's had this master plan cooking up that she's going to go into elimination and take Carr's star, and I'm like, wow, I think she feels inspired by Cam a little bit, you know, like Cam just definitely.
Speaker 1: Had this bold move bravery bug, and she's passing it down the line.
Speaker 2: The bravery bug is that what we're calling that?
Speaker 1: I mean, I think more people need to catch it.
Speaker 2: I need to catch it for sure. Yeah. I love a bravery.
Speaker 1: Bug, I mean because then you just are always ready, You're like whatever, you know, But yeah, that happened. But I'm on the fence with the one too, like because Laurel's saying it because she wants to go in and actually get her star. Where she's saying it because it's kind of like the bold thing to do. Right, No, right, But I do feel like Laurel's like, if I'm going to go in against anybody and potentially take them out, I want it to be Kara.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a bit calculated for sure, and I think that she is whether or not these interviews really show the depths of her thoughts about this. She's definitely calculating if it's an elimination that she's gonna be good at Cara, on the other hand, is talking to Ace and is like, once she finds out that Cara could be going up against Cam, she's like talking herself down from it all, and Ace is like, hey, listen, you don't get to choose who you go against.
Speaker 2: You got to go back in and get your star, so you just got to go in.
Speaker 3: And then Kara has this like, you know, she has this moment where she kind of toughs up a bit and she's like, all right, yeah, I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Go get it. And then a praying mantis lands on her and the producers give it subtitles, and that's when I refell in.
Speaker 1: Love with the Challenge producers again and praying mantisis.
Speaker 2: Dude, it was amazing.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, I mean, you love animals and all types and insects. I don't like to call praying mantis an insect. I don't know why that sounds like such a It's like not a big enough word for praying mantis. Yeah, noble, noble creature.
Speaker 2: It is a noble creature.
Speaker 1: It's a noble creature.
Speaker 2: She was a fairy.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I think at this point it's just one of those games where like you have to pretend that you're not that you want to go back into elimination to get your star, like you have to go in to get it, Like you cannot go to this final with that one. It's like the skull twist, Like we've seen this before where people put on their bravery coat tory and they were like, I'm gonna go in and I'm gonna either get it or I'm not. And I think when you when you come to terms and are at peace with the fact that you're definitely going in, you can really like kind of prepare you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's true for the.
Speaker 1: Winner the loss, because I think at this point Kara is giving Cam her flowers, like, yeah, if I go in against Cam, I mean she's a badass. That's it, like win or lose, right, And I think it's it's very different when you go in against the competitor your respect.
Speaker 3: I think so too, And it's almost better to go in against the competitor you respect.
Speaker 2: Like obviously Harlow Okay with the winner the loss, Yeah, exactly exactly. You never want to lose to somebody that you that.
Speaker 1: You don't like at all. Yeah, because it's horrifying and it haunts you and it keeps you up at night folks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's not a good feeling.
Speaker 3: It's interesting because before the nominations even happen, Cam tries to like cross her t's and dot her eyes, and she has another conversation with Laurel, trying to get a gauge on if Laurel is actually going to go into elimination. She's really making sure that Laurel is holding herself accountable for what she's been saying that she's going to.
Speaker 1: Hear did you hear Laurel say this one word changes everything.
Speaker 2: Yes, it starts with the tea. But tentively, tentatively, yes, that's a word.
Speaker 1: That's what she said. She didn't say definitively. She said I'm tentatively At the end she added that in yeah, like yes, I'm gonna go in. Yeah, that's tentatively. My like, it's not one hundred percent and that right there should have told Cam just stay ready because she may not come down. She didn't say I'm definitely going in right tentatively. Friends, Look like people are really smart when they use specific words, because you can go back and look at that clip and be like, ah, Okay, I can't really be mad at Laurel because she didn't lie.
Speaker 2: No, No, she didn't, so she didn't.
Speaker 3: But I think, you know, Cam holds Laurel up to a high regard, and she assumes that because Laurel is such a well respected player in the game, she's going to follow through with what she says. Also, Cam, the week before, you know, we don't have to talk about that again. I mean, it was just so it was so incredible what she did, Like she really.
Speaker 1: Think you need to make a T shirt.
Speaker 3: She moved mountains, you know, to make that happen, and like you got to respect it, so.
Speaker 1: Of course, of course, but Cam's that kind of a player, yeah, you know, so you don't expect anything less than that. I think that we're all just hoping. I think the viewers too. I think we're all hoping that Laurel goes in because we all want to see a showdown.
Speaker 3: But regardless, it's going to be a showdown as long, clearly as long as Kara and Cam get nominated, which brings us to nominations, and these people are the deciding factor on who goes into the elimination. It's Avery and Adam and Nicole and Jay and obviously Jay, especially since the beginning of this episode mentions that he's in a rough spot between Cara and Nicole, and Nicole is hell bent on sending in Carr to this elimination. Do you think that there was like a conversation between Jay and Kara prior to this nomination where maybe you know, Cara was trying to get in jayzer and sway the vote one way or the other. Or do you think that it was just what Jay wanted to do.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure. I wouldn't be surprised if they've talked about it like throughout the time being there, but Kara knows that she has to go in, Like we we don't know if there's another chance for these people, you know, we've seen it before, like uh, you don't have a partner or oh you don't have a skull, or oh you don't have a start, like you're not run the final, So we could you know, show up at the next challenge if there is one and be like Siya, So I think because of that it kind of lights a fire under Cars asked like, well, I don't even need to have a conversation because I actually have to go in. Yeah, you don't have to go and run around the house in politic at this point because you need it.
Speaker 3: You know. Yeah, absolutely, And I think Jay's actually making a valid point, right, Like let's say Kara is voted down there and so is Cam, and if Laurel loses and she decides to go in and take Cam's place, then Cara beats Laurel, who doesn't have a star, and then Caara gets to steal that star from Nicole.
Speaker 2: So it's like he's looking out for.
Speaker 3: Nicole's best interest by saying this, but ultimately it's not enough.
Speaker 2: To sway the vote because.
Speaker 1: I didn't think about her stealing.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's what if it.
Speaker 3: But if Caara and Cam go against each other, Thenkara just beats Cam back for her star.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, no, I get that part. But I think any of those girls in means any one of them gone. Yeah, and that if you're trying to win, you don't want one of those girls in the final totally. Yeah, Like, let's you know, be honest about it, right, I probably don't want to go against all these people. Yeah, yeah, so somebody's got to go. So either way the cookie crumbles. Like from a competitors standpoint, you want your best chances for any one of three of those girls going in and one of them leaving.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So whichever way it goes, as long as like if I was up there and I have a star, clearly I want my friend to win so they don't steal my.
Speaker 2: Star exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: But because I'm not there, I can say no shade unbiased opinion right now, anyone of y'all can go home just because I am trying to.
Speaker 3: Win, Yeah, for sure. I mean the threats they're all threats. Yeah, it's a complement.
Speaker 1: This literally a preface if I say no shade like, it's not yeah, it's it's not any there's zero. It's definitely a strategic move, you know. So I you know, it really depends on if Laurel's gonna pull the trigger.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And I think this is a really big moment in Challenge history.
Speaker 2: I mean even Avery can feel it.
Speaker 3: As she's sliding up the names on the board, She's like, I was told to do this, Like she.
Speaker 1: Knows, like, please don't, please, don't hurt me.
Speaker 2: It's about to be the Clash of the Titans.
Speaker 3: Like this is Cam and Kara are listed to go into that elimination, and.
Speaker 2: The only person who can intervene is a Laurel. This is like.
Speaker 1: The right that's my worst nightmare, worst nightmare. All right, welcome to elimination.
Speaker 3: What do we see, dude, it's mud pits, it's cage, it's balls, it's fun, it's a sounds like a birthday.
Speaker 1: It's wet, it's a cage, it's balls. I don't know if we're in the cage with the balls or underneath the balls with the cage, but we're here. Yeah, we're here minus the dungeon.
Speaker 3: Minus the dungeon, dude, and I mean car The look on car Space is like pretty confident, Like she's looking around like I think I got this one in the bag.
Speaker 1: Yeah, She's like I love this. Yeah, this looks so fun. Yeah, but I never ever, ever, I don't think I've ever counted Kim out of anything, hopscotch, swimming, eat it. Like I've never counted her out. The lady has never played a sport in her life, and for some reason is amazing Yeah, challenges.
Speaker 2: She's not just game.
Speaker 1: So she's like, I mean a world did play volleyball, but Laurel's really good at this weird like she'd be greated like a ball's cage pit type of thing too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Laura looks down on it, and she's looking at the elimination, and I think it's pretty clear just from her facial expression that this is obviously a really tough decision. She's gonna have to potentially screw over cam, which I don't think she really wanted to do, but I think as she's eyeing it up, she's looking at it realizing that Kara is probably going to thrive in this she'd have a better chance going against Cam just based on size alone, because both Cam and Laurel are tall, and I think that being shorter kind of makes you able to be a little bit more nimble underneath that cage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't know how deep these little moat situations, these little spices of water are. Are they mud pits? Though they can swim in them? Yeah, I don't think it was mud. It's mud soup. It's sand soup.
Speaker 2: It's sand soup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's yes, it's sand soup. Yeah, I mean I think. Also, Laurel was like, I want to I want to put my hands on something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could tell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Laura was like, I want to body her. She wanted some physical yes, she wanted to put hands on Yeah, she want hands on, balls in pull wrestle, any of that. Yeah, anything but a cage and water, Yeah, and balls.
Speaker 3: And when Laurel says she doesn't want to go down Carla, Marie's immediate response is, Laurel's afraid of me. Then Jay Co signs that in his interview, and then Ace says it in his interview, And I want to know, do you think that Laurel is afraid of Kara.
Speaker 1: No, I think Laurel was afraid to lose to Kara in something where Laurel didn't feel that it catered to her strengths.
Speaker 2: I agree, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think she's scared of her at all, but I don't think she also. I don't think she wants to lose to her either, And that goes back to my like thing like respecting another player, like they've been rocky this whole time. Yeah, so it's like I think they were on good terms. She may have put herself down there, right, but Laurel's a smart player too. She wants to be in that final. She thinks that there's another chance, and I hope for her sake there is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And when she declines, obviously, Cara thinks that it's because she's scared. But then cam really gives it to Laurel.
Speaker 1: She's like Campbell's like, so what about our conversation?
Speaker 3: And Cara's mouth drops, which is now like what Kara was speculating. Now she knows for sure was true because she's like, oh shit, like Laurel said that she was gonna come.
Speaker 1: Take you out right.
Speaker 2: You can feel attention in the scene, like you can.
Speaker 1: Feel it through the cut it with a knife.
Speaker 2: It's it's intense.
Speaker 3: I mean, ultimately, at the end of the day, like Laurel doesn't have to go into the elimination, which is great. She is making sure that one of the strongest girls of the game gets knocked out. The only downside is that she doesn't get a star. But for the girls in the sand, this is going to be a showdown. Literally the entire season, it's been Cara verus Cam, and now we get to see them go head to head in an elimination, and I think it's probably one of the best eliminations and storylines for sure of the season.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean the rivalries that are being created and the stories that these women are being able to create and tell phenomenal. Like we couldn't have wrote something better than that. Like, they literally are killing it, dude, It's amazing. If Cam loses, like, let's just look at it. If Cam loses, she gets to go back to her baby and doesn't have to pump before challenges in the South African Sun. Yeah, and she also has another person in the game, so she's still in the game even if she goes home.
Speaker 2: It's very true it's very great, you know.
Speaker 1: So I would like to ask you, Tori, would you want to marry me? So if one of us wins, we both.
Speaker 2: I think that's a great plan. Anisa, Okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: So that's a yes, you heard it here first. Actually no, actually no, we don't need to give people any more reasons yeah to hate us, forget it. I don't even like Tory anymore. Yeah, all right, we have to take a quick break. Don't move, We'll be right back after this.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, let's get back to the show.
Speaker 1: So they get in and Cam is super fast at this I mean killing it when she has like six balls in before Car has won, or she has four balls in, Car has no no balls in, and if Cam keeps this pace, she'll win.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And honestly, it's like you can tell what's happening watching it from like the drone point of view, you know, because obviously when Cam's in it, she's not looking over to Car's cage.
Speaker 2: She can't see what we see as viewers. She doesn't couldn't.
Speaker 3: Hear any she can't hear She's not realizing it's so much easier to say what you would do when you're not in the elimination. When you're in the elimination, all of your senses are completely locked in on what you're doing. There's water smacking her in the ear. She's going under the water and crawling under a cage. Like it's a totally different experience. And Cam her strategy just today wasn't the strategy that got her the wind because Kara did the smart thing. She went all the way to the back of the cage. She moved all of those balls up and even though Cam had such a big head start, because Kara did that, it made those last few balls just fly like Kara did twelve balls all in one go pretty much because she was able to move them all the way up from the back.
Speaker 1: So it was just well, Cam only had what one or two that she won that she.
Speaker 3: Missed one all the way in the back, and then there was one like halfway back. But still it's journeying all the way to the back of the cage and then coming all the way back up with the ball like it just takes time.
Speaker 1: Right, I totally agree, And it was so close.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: It was You got to give both girls their props, like they really crushed this elimination, and honestly, for all the Challengers watching, I think this was a pretty good showcase on why you should make sure if you're going to do multiple trips that you don't have to collect all your balls at the back of the cage at.
Speaker 2: The end when you're probably a little winded.
Speaker 1: Yeah, make sure you bring all your balls to the front. People.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bring your ball to the front.
Speaker 1: Bring your balls to the front. It's not being crazy and bring your balls to the front.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, sure enough.
Speaker 3: You know, Car gets another elimination win this season, and Cam has.
Speaker 2: To go home. I think one of the sweetest.
Speaker 3: Things about Cam leaving, or the scene of her leaving, is Leroy running down.
Speaker 2: In a white T shirt with no regard for the white T shirt.
Speaker 3: Cam is clearly covered in wet and sand soup and he just hugs her and you.
Speaker 2: Could just tell how much they love you, love you, babe. Yeah, it's really sweet.
Speaker 1: I know I was thinking of just hearing it. I'm like, Leroy has grown so much, yeah before our eyes. Yeah, and Cam is so good for him, and I'm just happy they found each other. I mean, when it works, it works, you know. So I love seeing a super positive couple that even if they had drama, you'd never know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they keep their arguments pretty low key. They have such respect for one another, yes, one another's privacy, And I have nothing bad to say. I'm happy Leroi's still in the game. He could fight for Cam and fight for King and fight for their the new baby that's gonna.
Speaker 2: Come, yeah, but that already came.
Speaker 1: That already came.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, And now Kara gets to walk back in and like, regardless of anything, it's important to just acknowledge the fact that she is having an incredible season. She has won her second elimination now and she gets a star again. And I just can only imagine the feeling that Laurel has in this moment, because her whole goal was to.
Speaker 2: Get make sure that Car loses her star.
Speaker 3: And then Car gets out of the game and unfortunately she's back to square one.
Speaker 1: Now that shit happened, well it was close, but then you know it was a wash. And now Laurel's back to square one. Yep, and we are not sure Laurel's gonna be able to get a star. I'm really interested. Yeah, she may have really aft herself on this one.
Speaker 3: I agree and Lisa, I think it's gonna be an interesting road to the final And you know, but TJ always has tricks up his sleeve, so I just don't want to, you know what I think about think about it like this, Remember and Rider dies when it was like, if your partner's here, I said.
Speaker 1: To when he's like, well, I told you guys you needed your partner. Yeah, and FESSI, Casey and I are sitting there standing there like so yeah. Casey looked at me. I looked at her. I was like she was like fuck this. I'm like, you want to go get some wine. I literally thought I was done your face your facing that. I want to pause it and then I want to make it into a Hanaka card because it's absolutely insane and it's the gift that keeps on giving. Just jaw dropped to the floor. Yeah, Like TJ just has this element of surprise to him, like he never ceases to a with these tricks and he's the best secret keeper. Yeah, and he really, I mean he really got over on us on that one. I didn't see that coming.
Speaker 3: And I think so because you guys got to compete again once your partners came back into the game, and that is why I'm not letting go of the idea that maybe there's another trick up TJ's leeve.
Speaker 2: Now, if there's not purge a something. Yeah, if there's not, then you know, Dan, that sucks.
Speaker 3: But you're in the back of your mind if you don't have a star, you're gonna afraid a god the challenge gods that you get the opportunity to get one, and I'm sure Laurel's feeling that way right now in.
Speaker 1: The game right It would be crazy though, if he had them all compete in something where like you could steal other people's stars, like in a challenge or a purgy situation where like, well, that probably wouldn't work because it'd be unfair, like if people with stars got purged out, But it would be cool to see people fight for their stars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it would be Or if the stars gay, you give you a massive advantage in the last challenge right before the final but you know.
Speaker 2: Anyhow, maybe anything could happen. So I'm really excited.
Speaker 3: Before we close out this episode, I think we got to give out our all Star of the episode.
Speaker 2: Who are you going to give it to? Anissa?
Speaker 1: I would like to refer to my notes on this one.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know.
Speaker 1: I wrote all star of this episode is Ryan's commentary.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Am gonna have to give it to Kara because she got her starback and she went up against kill Acamp, who I think is one of the best challenge females to play the game. So you gotta give her, you gotta give credit words due, So I give my course of course.
Speaker 1: Well, does she need both of our stars?
Speaker 2: No, she doesn't need both of our stars.
Speaker 1: I mean I do think Ryan's commentary was stellar in the beginning.
Speaker 2: Hey, I would love to shinelight on Ryan's commentary, and I would agree that he should absolutely get a star.
Speaker 3: And I think that we can say that Ryan's commentary and Kara get the start on.
Speaker 2: We'll mention the Pragmantis big fan of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the Pregmantis might get my star instead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and who would you give your no star too?
Speaker 1: That whole challenge? Yeah, I mean Ryan may get the kitty cat me out, but that might get a star too though, So listen. Yeah, I mean Cam didn't do it. I know so she she but I don't want to. I mean it was her anxiety. So I don't want to give her totally a no star because of that, because that feels icky. Yeah, but Nicole, maybe she might get that one for me for for throwing it a bit if she did, Okay, so she could have she could have won, She could.
Speaker 2: Have won, she could have won.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I think Nicole's up there for just somebody to look out for when it comes to like sneaky gameplay. I just like don't fully trust the character she shows on the screen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I might she might be a little trickster.
Speaker 3: Might be a little trickster. So we'll just like keep an eye out for that. But I'd also like to give my no start at TJ because he made it a girl's day again, and if I was there, I would be, yeah, being a table.
Speaker 1: I would have thrown my star Adam Adam, Sorry TJ. Sorry, TJ. I'm gonna well, they're really heavy, But I would have thrown an invisible star.
Speaker 2: At Yeah, an invisible star for sure, but I.
Speaker 1: Would have made the motion of throwing something at him.
Speaker 3: I will say that although that that was a sneaky thing for him to do, it made for a very entertaining episode where we got to watch two challenge Legends collide, So you know, I guess from a viewer's perspective, thanks, but if.
Speaker 2: I was there, I would have been absolutely pissed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love I love watching this from the comfort of my own couch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: You know, it's it And that's probably why I think All Stars is amazing. I probably think more shows are amazing from my couch. Hell yeah, because I don't have to deal with the headache of the drama in this house, and I feel like as we get to the end, it's only gone to get messier.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it's definitely getting spicy.
Speaker 3: We saw that in the teaser for a Now next week's episode, it looks like they're gonna have fun in a Walmart parking lot with some shopping carts, and it looks like it gets a little spicy, So I'm excited to see what happens. Probably gonna be a guy's day, and there's some guys that spicy cart.
Speaker 2: Yah, spicy cart.
Speaker 3: It's probably gonna be a guys day, and there's some guys that need stars. So I'm really excited to watch this new episode next week. It's gonna be amazing. And Lisa, thank you so much. For doing this podcast with me.
Speaker 2: It's always a pleasure. I felt like we were on a.
Speaker 1: Teasure to see you and have you steal my ring because I just saw it on your finger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did steal your ring. It's okay, Anissa. Where can we follow you on Instagram and send you some.
Speaker 1: Live It's Anissa MTV. That's a N E E s A MTV and let me know if it's the amygdala. I'm perretty shore. I literally could google it right now. Why am I being so damn lassie toy? Where can they find you and tell you I'm right?
Speaker 3: You guys can find me at Tori Underscore Deal And I'm only accepting dms to people who say Aisa is right.
Speaker 2: And thank you so much for.
Speaker 3: Joining us for another episode of MTV's Official Challenge Podcast. And if you liked this episode, please rate and review us on Spotify or Apple Podcasts and tell afrip.
Speaker 1: And make sure you catch new episodes of the Challenge all starts four on Paramount Plus. And we'll see you next time on MTV's Official Challenge Podcast.