Speaker 1: Do it, Episode one fifty Love doing this with you, guys, over promised.
Speaker 2: I'm rich. That is Kobino. It's our favorite twenty something minute show of the week. Now we do lots of shows Monday through Thursday on Patreon Uncensored, Unleashed, Covino and Rich Patreon dot com, Slash Covino and Rich d. Perhaps you know us from the world famous Covino on Richell on Fox Sports Radio, and a bunch of fillings for Dan Patrick in the next few weeks. Yeah, we got the hat trick coming up. The hat trick coming up. But we're on Monday through Friday two to four on the West out here in La five to seven on the East. Cool. I'm so excited, I'm gonna jump up like I'm fucking Jeffery Young. Well you know what you hold that thought. We're gonna talk about him. We're gonna talk about awesome or get the full guta. He will explain the next action hero. Who might it be? Is it convincing or not? We'll explain becaus, dating and relationships during football because today is a special night. Well it depends on you when you're watching, but either way, we're diving into it.
Speaker 1: Today a special day for all football fans, just because even though the game that you're about to see tonight not the best matchup Cardinals, you know, Panthers, but it just symbolizes a change in your life.
Speaker 2: So we'll get to it. But uh, Jeffrey Young jump Browning him or what like him? And House of Pain and the Pointer sisters and jump van Halen. Let's jump man. Now it's the first thing I think your Mets had to cheer about all years. It's uh, it.
Speaker 1: Really is in a year of disappointments, in garbage and disappointment and almost like in garbage, it almost like garbage and laughing disappointment, laughable sadness, like just in garbage and garbage. The Mets have been so bad that the coolest thing that happened this year is calling up a pitcher that has the best celebration in all of baseball strike out at.
Speaker 2: Celebrates. It's only Jeffrey Young cat a great set, he could jump high as well left right, and the only excite the New York Mets. And it got us thinking. My first thought is this because I see a lot of speculation, a lot of back and forth on social media, like you act like you've been here. It's like, well, you know, he's excited, and it's sort of like his natural progression, his celebration. He's been doing it in the minors, and maybe that's just who he is and how he plays. But my first thought is if batters are allowed to bat flip and throw the bout up thirty feet in the air and celebrate and and pimp themselves and do the gritty and do all these crazy things this day round third and you know, I saw one dude do the worm. I think home someone moonwalked, I think the home plate around second, If they're allowed to do all these things, yeah, pictures can't celebrate. It's a weird.
Speaker 1: It's a weird thing when you really think about celebration in sports because when you think about people celebrating, I just took a couple people from the last you know, weeks, just like.
Speaker 2: I've always said, celebrate good times. You've always said that, can I can? I start with pc A Pete crow Armstrong. They highlighted how cool his bat flip was because it was more of like a it's always like a it's also like, yeah, I'm the man, look at this, the guy, but like just a little. That was cool. That's cool. I don't know if it was premeditated or like, you know, orchestrated or rehearsed, but it happened. Great.
Speaker 1: But how about your boy Jazz Chisholm Jazz recently running down to first does a little like a.
Speaker 2: Step or whatever around third bangy, And that's okay. It's fine showmanship, right. The game needs excitement. It's a little in your face, it's a little bit of omni man's little mix of all of that. But I'm not mad at it. The game evolves, and if batters are allowed to do this and it brings excitement, then pictures should be allowed to do whatever too. Pictures are allowed to do that. They're allowed to police the game. They could throw, you know, one high and tight at you if they want. Who did you say? Just yesterday?
Speaker 1: Is bringing a next level excitement to the Phillies, his new team.
Speaker 2: He's come with a bit of fury. So he's come with some fury. Look at this bat flip we're gonna due to the team home, crowded Philadelphia. Damn, he's not to look at the dugout do that he's playing with some fire man.
Speaker 1: I am all about Jeffrey Yenn doing this jump. I mean it reminds me of a you know other pictures you were thinking about the old who's the old guy back in there. Our parents would talk about Al Roboski, the Hungarian. It's like every you know those VHS tapes we'd get from like s I or whatever, like Maishbow funny shot up.
Speaker 2: They'd always focus on our blooper videos, the man Hungarian, Al Roboski, and he would just be over the animated and angry on the mound and yeah, he would just see he was very animated guy fighting all the time, you know, full of fury, you know, punching his mid really excit. Al Raboski makes me think of Fernando Rodney with his tilted hat and he's shooting mo's and arrows into the sky and his whole team taking pictures behind him and he's shooting arrows like he was ridiculous for Nando Rodney. It's not the first or the last. You remember, my dude.
Speaker 1: He was on the Cubs and the Mets, maybe other teams as well. Remember Turk Wendell.
Speaker 2: Yes, of course he would wear the sharp teeth around his neck. He take the rosen bag, slam it right, circle the mound two times, slam it down. Didn't have an apple and hit the apple? Didn't he pish somebody with a guitar one time? You're thinking, do you talk about I think, didn't you shoot somebody? Was cane? Didn't we the chair? Maybe Turk Wendell was great. Yeah he was out of control that dude. But when you talk about people having a problem with this picture jumping, it's fine. Exhibit A, the bat flip, exhibit bait.
Speaker 1: There have been pictures that have been showman's But can I take you to other sports? Anytime in NFL, wide receiver or tight end or running back gets a first down, what.
Speaker 2: Do they do exactly selling down?
Speaker 1: Anytime an NFL player gets a sack, what do they do like they're digging like gavers.
Speaker 2: On the sports it's supposed to be fun. Now if it hurts your any bitty feelings, you have to ask yourself how soft am I? Is this guy trying to show me up? Or is he celebrating? Either way? Like I think you can handle it, get him next time. Isn't that how the game works? Dude? First down? And this is football, by the way, you don't like his antics. Get him?
Speaker 1: Do you ever read the Super Bowl the spot? I don't expect our video. Got to have the video on standby, but I just remembered, remember Kendrick Bourne forty nine is wide receiver.
Speaker 2: He taught me how to do. He's like, you go ahead and then you go first down like they or every good show Rich does that. What does the defense do on every turnover in the NFL? They post together in the end zone like it's a class photo. Exactly. There's always something in basketball.
Speaker 1: When Steph Curry hits a big time three, what does he do when he's running down the court.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm actually surprised that that's okay. Celebrations on the mound are that few and far between. You know, pictures are kind of boring now that I think about it. There should be more of that. I think, like, you know, hell yeah, Like that's that's great too.
Speaker 1: I really do think we made the point that for some reason, I don't know, if it's the control position of a picture, maybe it's supposed to be to be composed, maybe old school respected and composed more. But when you really do think about sports, why is it wild that if someone scores a goal in hockey or soccer, they can rip their shirt off, slide on their knees, first down interception. Everything has this elaborate celebration bathlips.
Speaker 2: When a pitcher jumps, it's headline news and he's on the Mets. No less, he's making headlines on the Mets, you know, because it's so rare.
Speaker 1: But you know, what you do, open yourself up to mocking. But I think that's also fun for baseball. Like when he did that, the Cleveland Guardians ended up taking the lead in that game and the dugout mocked him.
Speaker 2: But later in the game the Mets like de Leade again. So I think it's good for baseball. I'll say it again. If you don't like it, you better get around on that fastball. He was throwing some heat. He was throwing heat. You know, get him, get him. It's it's it's all fair, it's all good. Get him. If you don't like it, get them. And it goes both ways. You could celebrate too, So I'm all for it. And I think your Mets needs something to eat, anything cheer about. And it's not the first time we've seen it, and I hope, I hope it keeps going on. I hope it starts a trend.
Speaker 1: What a weird you know. I love the word juxtaposition. When they're on the mound, they're expected to be composed. But every big time closer from Mo Rivera to Trevor Hoffman to uh now Edwin Diaz, these guys have sick entrances like their w his showmanship. So we ask you Fox Sports Radio Nation, over Promised Nation, is it awesome?
Speaker 2: Or give the fool got it? That's the question. It is the question. Think about it and let us know at Covin and Rich at Fox Sports Radio that awesome or get the full Gay's it's awesome. I know it's baseball and soul school. A lot of old people are not gonna like it. But it's fun. It's fun.
Speaker 1: I'm down now. You played a clip the other day on our Fox Sports Radio still.
Speaker 2: Completely viral, you know since.
Speaker 1: Of course, and I find it so funny because the memes and the mockery that have come out of this next level, like look at this nerd he was bullied.
Speaker 2: Ever know why? Because they the sentiment is especially in martial arts, right, It's like, what is the sentiment again? I'm just ying. It's like anyone who could truly kick some ass doesn't need to brag about it, right, and.
Speaker 1: True martial arts experts, martial artists would say, it's only like the last resort exactly, like you don't want to fight someone, but if it need.
Speaker 2: Be self protection at that point. Right. But again, we have to remember where Jonah Hill is coming from and who he's talking to. He's talking to, you know, Jason Bateman is on the podcast and everything, and his love of mixed martial arts and jiu jitsu comes up and he wants to make it very clear, and that's what's gone viral, and that's why people have a problem with it. I'm not that fat guy anymore, so he has a lot to prove. He's got a chip on his shoulder. Basically, take a look. I love Brazilian jiu jitsu.
Speaker 3: I love except my body is begging me to not love it. Forty two isn't. My wife is often like, you're not going to become like a professional fighter, you know that, right, Like you're a comedian.
Speaker 2: Like, but let me ask you something. If we got into it, I would fuck you up.
Speaker 3: Fuck yeah, I would fuck all but truly yeah, And that's the best part. My favorite thing is people are like, oh, Jonah Hill, a fucking fat guy from super bell And I'm like, I would fucking annihilate that.
Speaker 2: So he's saying I would annihilate you again showmanship though he supposed to do and not have fun in the moment.
Speaker 1: Podcast, baman, he's always that SmartLess so it's a fun podcast. So I'm not getting shit on Jonah Hill. In fact, I love his answer. I think it was a very funny clip. I believe there's some truth to it.
Speaker 2: Like in reality, he's still a small guy. But if you're not spect it prepared, physically fit, he'll probably wreck you. Yeah, he'll take you down. He knows moves. You can't come bat. It's like, uh and by the way, here's some of the memes which are hilarious. Sebastian Maniscalco does that whole bit. Like back in the day, you take a shoulder at the club and yeah, you throw up your hands and maybe you have a little tussle. Nowadays, you don't know who you're messing with. Some guy will jump on you like a monkey, bite your ears and put you in a choke hold and you're done. So that's a funny one. They call the super bad I called an ambulance. I know it's so funny. I do think that he could hold his own and probably wreck more asked than we give him credit for, because we have this image of who Jonah Hill is, but he has a clear motive to remind you that he's not that guy. Mush and I know you love a big butt. Yeah I do. It's a big butt. Cannot lie.
Speaker 1: But would you buy Jonahill if they casted him as an action star?
Speaker 2: Are you saying that he's the next action hero? I'm just saying he goes.
Speaker 1: There have been action stars that I don't necessarily buy, but the movies are fantastic. You recently watched Nobody and Nobody to Bob Odenkirk. Who's fantastic? Better call Saul. He's a comedian, a serious actor. Saw Goodman Man, We've had him on the show. I love, I love Bob Odenkirk. But if you could buy Bob Odenkirk beating up a Russian gang on a on a bus, maybe you could buy.
Speaker 2: Jonah Hill beating some people up? And what about spot You jump ahead? But I love it? Go to Liam Neeson, because that's the other guy that came to mind from more. When you see nobody with Odinkirk, you think it's very reminiscent of Liam Neeson is the first time I saw him and taken You're like, dude, Liam Neeson's an ask kicker. That's awesome.
Speaker 1: He loved it, you remember, it was like I will find you and I will kill you like this guy, and then it ended up being pretty damn cool.
Speaker 2: And I know you're gonna disagree because he's one of your heroes and I know you had his poster in your room growing up, but like, visibly, he didn't look the part. I know he was in real life, but Steven Segal, how did he look like he was? In a time of action heroes of Schwarzenegel, Van Damn Stallone. He's the guy that actually was the part but necessarily didn't look the part, right, I mean, I know he can kick ass, just for his thumb. There's no photo fingertips.
Speaker 1: Remember remember A Heart to Kill, the guy had a gun and Segal's like, oh, I'll get down on my knees.
Speaker 2: Eddie Hard to kill. I'll tell you the bank, the blood bank, the blood bank. So My point is if we bought that, then maybe you can buy a Jonah Hill. I love him running and I and we totally understand that he is a master of the martial arts. We get all that, but as he got older, he didn't. Right there, he looks felt and handsome. Who you betting on in the race? Barry Goldberg or Steven Segall Steven Saga often gets made fun of for how he runs. Yeah, So the question is would you buy Jonah Hill as an action star? And it also makes you think of other celebrities I could really kick ass like Zuckerberg. You think you can mess him up or you think he could really take you down right in that setting, he probably could because you don't train that way. We've interviewed Freddie Roach and we asked him that question. Of all the celebrities that get in the ring and they train, you know who actually could throw some hands? Tom Holland recently, who's the biggest star in the world right now? People are saying, Yo, this dude could really throw some hands. He's surprisingly good when it comes to training. I don't know if he could really fight, but he could box. And Freddie Roach said to us Mario Lopez, believe it or not. He could tussle man, he could throw, he could wrestle. He can get in there and mix it up with everybody. But look, there's Zuckerberg with is real lot of sonia. You know what I mean. I've never told you this, Volkanowski, I've never told you this before. But when I was a kid, I love Segull so much. Can I This is really funny. I would get out of the bath of the shower when I was a little boy, and I had a mullet in the late eighties early nineties, because everyone did. Some people had a rattail. He had a mullet. When I met you, I had a mullet and my hair was a little longer. Would you believe I would slick back my hair after I took a bath, and I'd put in a ponytail, and I would do karate moves in the kitchen. But I believe that, Yes, of course it wouldn't thought I was Steven Sigalborough. So he's the best celebrities who can kick ass Jonah Hill one You ever see Segaull touch someone and they flip over? Yes, I have? Is he the next Jason Statham? I slicked my hair back just like that is Jonah Hill. Honestly, in a comedic way. It could be funny, I think, because he's funny, right, so let's not take away his comedy chops. He's supposed to be a funny guy, right. Could you enjoy a movie where he brings some humor into action hero? So it is ridiculous, but I think I could. What if it was a funny movie.
Speaker 1: Now I'm giving him a storyline and he's gonna make him make millions and I get nothing. But what if Jonah Hill based on this funny viral video. What if there's a video where he's part of like a heist gone wrong and the whole joke is he's like the stoner guy.
Speaker 2: But he's like, yeah, guys, but I've been like secretly.
Speaker 1: Training Mma and all his buddies make fun of him. But because of that, like he saves the day. Like there's a plot there somewhere.
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen Kunk Pound Enter the Fist from two thousand and two? Honestly, I think you should watch it. It's the most ridiculous movie ever. Powe Entered the Fist. It's so I have not funny dude, it's hysterical. It's like an underrated like karate comedy, kung Fu Panda. Well, I think Jonah Hill should take his talents and use them. He's a funny guy who could maybe kick a little bit of ass. He could have some puhone with it, and maybe that's the next movie. We uh we go and see after Spider Man this weekend. So I don't know. I don't think he could be a Schwarzenegger type, but I think he could bust out some moves that impress us. And you know, i'd go see it, Well I would. I wouldn't go see it, but I would watch it at home.
Speaker 1: To take it back, to take it back you don't know though, to take it back to the previous conversation.
Speaker 2: Awesome or get the yeah, what are you saying Jonah Hill fighting in a movie? Also, it's so right there in the middle. I'm gonna say awesome, just to be kind to the guy.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, So today is a very special day. It is it's almost your birthday.
Speaker 2: Birthday weekend, bro, It's uh, it's a Thursday.
Speaker 1: That is symbolic. No one gives a shit about a preseason football game between the panthers and the cardinals. But life changes there yet you do because it symbolizes the beginning of a pattern changes. You know, doctor phil like said, talk about patterns. You and I have had this theory before. And the other day on our show, Mike.
Speaker 2: Who runs his place, Yeah, he came in and he was the whole topic.
Speaker 1: Was life advice in the world of relationships, and you know, just in general, what are what are great pieces of advice you've received? And I want to remind everyone of a conveni on rich piece of advice. If you're dating someone new, You've always joked that I'm adamant about you need to date a girl a fuller year before you could really assess where you guys.
Speaker 2: Are well, because habits changed during different times. We'll think about it.
Speaker 1: How are you in the summer if you live in a beach or Laketown. Might be the type of person that doesn't realize, oh, wait, you go out drinking by the lake every weekend, or you know, it might be a situation where, oh, you're a big snowboarder.
Speaker 2: I wasn't expecting that.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of women don't realize and men too. But you know, mostly women, let's be honest with sexist No. Yes, but I think a lot of women don't realize from now until February they're dating a new guy. They might not realize how if he's into pro football, add college on top of that, add fantasy football, gambling, everything he does, you're going to see a different version of that person. And if you're a guy that does all that, you're going to see the response of that new woman you're dating. Like it might be the fourth quarter of a game on a Sunday and she's like, come on, we gotta go.
Speaker 2: To the mall, and the mall, yeah, we gotta go to home gooods. Do you want to come to Costco with me? Like? No, I'm watching football, so I think selfishly and just to you know, And you're right though, it goes both way, well rounded, like yeah, based on habits, but your habits for the most part, are going to change for the next six months. You need to be with a person that is understanding and acceptable that you can't be.
Speaker 1: If you're a football fanatic, if you're the person that watches college football on Saturday, NFL football on Sunday, Hey, you got Monday night plans? You got Thursday night plans. Most of the week, you're like locked in to NFL or college football. The person you're dating, it might come as a shock if you're a new Let's say it's a summer fling, right, imagine this, I met her at the beach this summer. She might be in for fucking something she's not ready for.
Speaker 2: Ravishing, rick, rude awakening, rude awakening. Bro. Just there's so many important things to keep in mind. Are they kind? Do they get along with your family? We went over all those rules, right, but can they deal with you three hundred and sixty five days of the year. As seasons change, as football kicks in, I think it's important information. Enjoy the season.
Speaker 1: Now until Lover's Day, and from now until Valentine's Day.
Speaker 2: NFL football, let's go enjoy, enjoy. And on that note, yeah, hey, have a great Thursday. Enjoy is trash game tonight. Enjoy the trash, be nice to have it on the background, right, and enjoy the weekend. Have a drink on my behalf. Hey, until next time, the baby see you in the over Promised Land. Come on,