Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Heckma Harrison, and new he Scrugs.
Speaker 2: All right, Players Lounge Tuesday Danny McCrae, Heck m Harrison, Church on Newie Scrugs is brought to you by Tostitos.
Speaker 3: Friends. So I'm worried about the overconfidence now, yeah, today, worried about the overconfidence.
Speaker 4: Now, man, after what we saw last night, you saw the same thing we saw last night.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, ain't no way, ain't no over come. They ain't. Look it's about to be a funeral next week.
Speaker 5: Chris b who all picked the York Jets to win next week?
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 6: I know I did, because that's one where you're looking at now. You say, okay, I had a twelve and five new we that's right, that's Aaron Rodgers out all right. I only had him going twelve and five because we had it locked up. So it's really thirteen and four.
Speaker 5: You have a lot of the Jets.
Speaker 6: So so now I'm looking at fourteen and three.
Speaker 3: I had more than five.
Speaker 6: Right now, you're over here now or we saw what happened? You can't come on, it's all good, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: Now the real talk. I get what we saw on Sunday.
Speaker 5: Come on, man, get hello.
Speaker 3: That's not that's listen.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna stick to mine.
Speaker 6: I want to know what an asterisk by who Aaron Rodgers was the reason that most of us picked the New York Jets and who knows how long if they ever have. So that's the that's the real ti. So we were talking about it at lunch. It was who was the tall dude with the earrings? I forget his name that play for us. We want to go smoke and do the commercials and stuff.
Speaker 3: Commercial that's the only reason.
Speaker 6: Y'all remember David Sacks in the game up there and something that was a game that that we beat Aaron Rodgers or something like he beat them at sixteen. That was it, and that was it. Twenty ten, you know, twenty.
Speaker 3: Teen looked like how we did the Giance all Sunday.
Speaker 6: That's so, so that's the reason why we picked them. Now that he out, I'm gonna stick to my you know, twelve and five, because that's still a great, a great season, and then they still win the n C Championship. We get right not now, we right out after, not to after, but you know we better not go out there and loseing no gear. Come on, he was in trouble. He was in trouble before you went down. And y'all know that defensive offensive line they have it.
Speaker 3: It's shot.
Speaker 6: It's bad, all right, and it maybe as people have analyzed the his injury, it wasn't all on the offensive line him getting hurt. But still, you know he was in trouble before that. Everybody knows, man Dwayne Brown being in the league almost twenty somebody years. Come on, bro, who was calling the options three step cut by the offensive lineman?
Speaker 5: Man, we're throughing a three steps drop. They out there shooting at the guy's legs and getting them on the blindside.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what are you doing? You never heard? But that's supposed to come out quick.
Speaker 6: Allegedly, that's called that's called pinning yourself into a corner because if it don't and they cover that route, then what do you do because now your offensive lineman is on the ground. All these defensive players are athletic enough to fight off that cut and then pursue more.
Speaker 3: And you saw exactly what happened in the league.
Speaker 6: That's the stuff you might be able to pull at Georgia Tech or someone, but you ain't pulling that in the league.
Speaker 2: So the overconfidence I'm worried about is the fact that you're one forty to nothing against the team that your people say they had had playoff aspirations. Now here comes a team that your big worry was man any Rodgers coming to town. Now is Zach Wilson, who's not an impressive player. I worry about, as Parcels used to say, eating the cheese.
Speaker 3: That's what I worry about. I could, I could?
Speaker 4: I understand where you're coming from. For sure, I do understand where you're coming from. But you know, Sis McCarthy's been here, this team, this team has been you know, when it comes to not playing down to the competition, they've done a pretty good job.
Speaker 3: Now, last year there was a couple of instances the Houston.
Speaker 6: Game, I believe the Colts game shot. There was a couple here and there, But overall, in his tenure here, he's done a pretty good job of getting these guys motivated and going out there and winning games. So I can't I can't see them being up too much confidence because when you got a defense like that, I mean, you can be as confident as you want to. I mean, if we look at it, that that pass rush, it's unbelievable. And when you look at what the Jets have out there, they got a quarterback who's been in the National Football League and he's proved was it time proof and consistency proofs?
Speaker 5: He can't beat you with his arm.
Speaker 3: Now, those two running backs, they're the real deal. You're talking about Cookie, you talking about Hall, those are the real deal.
Speaker 4: But I don't believe you can win a game simply off of those two backs. Don't make an interesting But it's gonna come down to Zach Wilson and what he's able to do.
Speaker 3: And he ain't gonna be able to do nothing against his teed.
Speaker 5: You've been on the number one defense.
Speaker 3: It's the facts.
Speaker 6: And when you come up against a bad quarterback that had poor decision making, well that's that's like what do you think, especially when you know that we're gonna shut him down At Garrett Wilson like their their receiver corps.
Speaker 3: The guy that they have is pretty it's pretty good. He's special.
Speaker 5: He's pretty special. I can't take that away from him.
Speaker 6: But I think that you feel right now that you have a cornerback duo and Diggs and Gilmore that's one of the best in the league.
Speaker 3: After one one week, coming into this, coming.
Speaker 6: Up against a Zach Wilson that you know is going to turn the ball over at some point. He had a twenty two QBR. No matter what people say, he still didn't play good yesterday. All right, So my confidence is this defense is gonna dominate. It's not I don't call it overconfidence. I'm just saying that you've already put the building blocks together for something special, and a quarterback of his caliber shouldn't.
Speaker 3: Be able to bring you.
Speaker 6: Listen, the reason I don't think the overconfidence is gonna play a part specifically on the defense is because now you look at two years ago, we were looking at Treyvon Diggs and they were playing on Nolan those defense and they were young guys. Okay, So now Trayvont Diggs is a vet. Across from him is another VET who's been around for a long time, who's seen the ups and downs and knows how to get the team and say, hey, you know what, slow down a little bit, Slow down a little bit, because you can go beat Minnesota by however much and then do the AFC Invitational and go out there and look like pooh trash. All right, Michael Parsons is now a vet. D Law is still there, your secondary, your linebacker. With Layton Vanderesh, you have a leader at every level of the defense where you say, okay, you can trust it in those meeting rooms and every time they go out to dinner and all that stuff. Somebody said, hey, man, make sure y'all recalibrate. Don't let these dudes come out here and barrass you, because that's what happened to Buffalo.
Speaker 5: When you go out there and you sleep.
Speaker 6: Walking or whatever happens, you're not you're not playing to the best of your ability.
Speaker 5: You can get buffaloed out there.
Speaker 6: So I believe that Dak's on the on the opposite side, Dak has already been one of the best leaders in the league. People around the league have said this, So I believe that you know they're gonna be already they know this one.
Speaker 3: I could see if he was going to feel any any way about the overcome.
Speaker 6: I know, I just I just realized that the New York Jets defense is probably saying the same thing about our offense as far as the quarterback and that, and how they feel about their defense.
Speaker 3: So this will be a true test for the office.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, our defense should should handle Zach Wilson and the boys. But when you talk about the Jets defense, they got a legit defense, so this should be a real test for them. And I can see if if you know, the Jets had an offensive coach, like if they had Shannonhan or something in there, I'm like, Okay, you know, he gonna find some to get the best out of Wilson. We're talking about solid, all due respect, he's a defensive guy. And then you talk about the OC over there. It all his offenses predicated on what Aaron Rodgers can do. With Zach Wilson, they not the same. So to me, I just don't see a way. I just don't see it. Only pushback I'm gonna give is. Listen, we've been waiting to see. We didn't really get an opportunity to see if we are going to be able.
Speaker 3: To hold up against the run.
Speaker 6: Okay, just based off what we saw last night in that game on Monday with Cook and Breest Hall, you will have to you will have to with your chin strap up, filling them gaps and you're wrapping up because if not, you're gonna see a lot of long runs going going up against us. So I think this is a good time for us, thankfully, at the beginning of the season, to be able to see, hey, can we stop the run?
Speaker 5: And if we can't, what do we need to fix it?
Speaker 6: If we do, then this is the this is the recipe for success for us.
Speaker 2: So the Jets last night lose Aaron Rodgers play number three.
Speaker 3: He's out for the year with the Chilles. So Zach Wills and takes over.
Speaker 2: Josh Allen was a turnover machine for the Bills, and the Jets end up winning it on a punt return, so they're.
Speaker 3: One and oer the Bills are zero to one.
Speaker 2: The Cowboys went from I want to say it was a four to a half point favorite to a seven and a half point favorite at Jerry World against the Jets. Thus leads me back into my Okay, this is the perfect opportunity to eat the cheese.
Speaker 3: Mike McCarthy yesterday while speaking.
Speaker 2: At the podium along with Dan Quinn, along with Brian Shott and Iron as well. He talked about, hey, guys, is just one game consistency. DQ used the word consistency. You gotta see it again. I would just look at this is because I don't know, when you watched Dak Wilson last night, your my thoughts to me, the boy he in trouble. But when we say that this is still the National Football League.
Speaker 3: Anything can happen.
Speaker 2: We looked last year, I thought the Houston game, but we kind of spoiled about, like, you know, we can't trust this team. This team will do that in that I was a football game. Kansas City had the same thing when they went down in Houston.
Speaker 3: Man, next thing, it was.
Speaker 2: A football game and they had to pull it out at the end. And that's all I'm saying is this in the past has been the kind of game in which next thing, you know, you look up fourth quarter rut Row.
Speaker 3: That's all.
Speaker 2: And I'm hoping that's not the case. I think everybody's hoping that's not the case. And you just look at Hey, everything they did and what they have, this should be an easy W but there are no easy ws in this league.
Speaker 3: That's just kind of my thing.
Speaker 6: I like our corners, but I'll tell you this, I didn't watch the Jets much last year. Okay, so when they were offensive, Rookie of the Year, you had Breist Hall and the defense was great. You heard about it, But I saw seventeen on a hard knocks and I saw him last night.
Speaker 5: The dude is the truth.
Speaker 6: What you played up against last week with Darius Slayton and Sterling Shepherd, You're going to get something totally different this week, all right. So our corners are great, they still have to bring that a game because one of the best, as you like to see, is a top notch corner and the top natural receiver go out there and battle it out, kind of like you saw sauts Gardener going against dig Digs yesterday.
Speaker 4: So I would love to see I just don't know if he's gonna have an opportunity to go back there and exploit that matchup or release see what that matchup is.
Speaker 3: Gonna be under too much pressure? Gonna under too much pressure.
Speaker 4: I mean when you can get to the quarterback as fast as Dallas with four guys, not even blitzing. That leaves the rest of your defensive your eyes on a quarterback. We're seeing where and we saw what he what he possesses as a passing quarterback. He threw the ball right to Matt Malonald. Now Mat Mlonald's a heck of a linebacker, the heck of a linebacker. But come on, come on, you do that right to you? Yeah, you're not even looking at that coverage. Just he's just like, man, you know what here.
Speaker 3: I just remember this. Okay.
Speaker 6: They never had a chance to establish the run. The Giants didn't against us. That game was over, Like you said, that field goal got blocked and they down. They come back every teen points another pick, not thirteen. Now you got to pass it. You don't have a chance to establish the run. So we haven't had had an opportunity to play against an offensive scheme to where.
Speaker 5: They not down by sixteen.
Speaker 6: Now, can we go up, go out there and you know, go up by sixteen and then force them to pass the whole game?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we can do that.
Speaker 6: But at the start of the game here you have a team that is definitely going to try to establish the run because that's what they have to do.
Speaker 3: And then we're gonna be able to see.
Speaker 6: Hey, man, what we've been working on this whole last two years. Do we have it or do we not. I'm excited to see it because like, if we do, then that's what you say, man, that one missing piece we have on defense. We finally got that puzzle piece put in and nothing can stop us, right, So that's what I want to see because they say that's.
Speaker 3: The only way to slow down the bazooka.
Speaker 4: That's what they said is run at it and run and to gate that team speed, not just being physical.
Speaker 3: But I still I just don't see it.
Speaker 6: But watching that game, my thing, I kept saying, I'm like late Vandersch and Demon Clark gonna be all over that. Marquis Bell is gonna be all over that. Even when they try and spread us out. Our secondary guys is gonna be all over that. The box safety guys are gonna you know, it's gonna be hard for them to maneuver through that. And it's good as Garret Wilson is he It's not that I don't respect the other guys, So let me just say that. I'm just saying he is the best that they got. When I look at their receiving corps. So, I mean, I haven't seen Trayvon Diggs travel this year. He hadn't had to, but this may be one of those opportunities. And when you have two guys that's it is the two, you know, the two that we have, you don't have to do that, right, But still this is opportunity versus a first tier guy.
Speaker 2: Zach Wilson was thought to be a better prospect than Treylor Lawrence according to Chris Sims.
Speaker 3: Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. So we'll see what's hold on.
Speaker 6: Hold on just because I want to just you know, just argue because I don't really I didn't trust in Trevor Lawrence at first, and a lot of people didn't until Doug Peterson got there and you were like, oh okay, all right, now we got it. Did Zach Wilson have the person around him that he needs to in order to be that next level type quarterback?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: He came in, you know, didn't expect the play last week, threw them to get thrown in the fire.
Speaker 5: They did win the game, So this is.
Speaker 6: Another week of him saying, all right, well, I got a full week of taking the one rips and putting the plane around what I can do and we'll see what happens. Trevor Lawrence, this ball I want to hate on treble on he went to Clinton and unless you do them. So it's all right, shout out the Trevor Lawrence, but he better throw the ball the Christian Kirk because he on my fantasy team. He fished me off. That's what that's that's where that's coming from the Christians. That's why you praised, that's why, that's why. That's why I don't have no other problem with Trevor Gillwards except he ain't throw the ball to Christian Kirk last week and I lost both my fantasy leagues.
Speaker 4: You hate to see it if.
Speaker 2: He had thrown the ball of Christian Kirk. Apparently some of these cowboys defense was all was killing me. So it doesn't matters like it's like Tyreek Hill did me what it mattered, But it mattered when when somebody is going at that level, when somebody to go off for forty, it's got hard to be somebody got forty point.
Speaker 3: That's just how the nine.
Speaker 5: She went fifty nine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, let's take a break. When we come back.
Speaker 2: Jerry Jones on his radio show said something about Dak Prescott that has got Twitter going a little bit, got certain folks feelings a certain kind of way.
Speaker 6: We did with.
Speaker 3: Church.
Speaker 2: Danny McCray, I knew he struts Dallas Cowboys dot com radio.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped.
Speaker 3: The fresh guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped, flapped. He'll love for a per Styn.
Speaker 7: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 8: Press Scott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 6: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here. What's Smoothie King? And Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound? That's the sound of you and everyone else absolutely loving new Smoothie Bows from Smoothie King and.
Speaker 3: Whoo Me Too.
Speaker 6: These smoothie bowls start with USII and Pataya and are handcrafted with fresh topics like sliced bananas, sweetberries, crunchy Purely Elizabeth granola, and a savory peanut butter drizzle. New smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, t shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 8: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across this big state, and enemies and every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smirnov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks home a away. We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all we got big love for them boys smearingoff we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 5: Back to the players.
Speaker 6: Loude Rally Days Mission by Seat gives NFL fans and experience of lifetime the day prior to the Dallas Cowboys home games brother September sixteen, enjoy activities at Miller Lighthouse, get a behind the scenes tour of at and T Stadium and more. Visit at and T Stadiums dot com Slash Rally Days for more information and to get your tickets.
Speaker 3: Today. I'm good Churchill Gilly.
Speaker 6: Listen for all the people ain't here knew he just ran through the door. Okay, try to try to think you were twenty five years old and hop on the seat, slide across like they jump, and almost up like.
Speaker 3: You don't want them brought.
Speaker 6: I got newid jumping in here, almost falling out the scene. Got I got cucumbers.
Speaker 3: Going on. Manan, you need some ranch love. Pressure this more than one twenty two eighty six help health as well work. They getting you right, they gave you right. Uh plays.
Speaker 5: Dangers here. I'd have been like my.
Speaker 2: Cherry Danny mccran Jerry Jones radio show, I want to find three the fan today, the official radio home of the Dallas Cowboys came out. I said, Dok Prescott is the best leader the Cowboys back since he's on the team.
Speaker 3: So uh.
Speaker 2: Some folks immediately went to Twitter to say, or what about traygment and then you think about Tony Rommel. That's those are the three quarterbacks say during the Jerry Jones era when you.
Speaker 3: Talk about the longevity that they've had here.
Speaker 6: So he said, best quarterback leader or best leader, best leader?
Speaker 3: Leader? Just leader? Okay, just just leader, leader, okay, just just leader, and I just go around, go on the table your thoughts. I mean, I don't know the guy personally.
Speaker 6: To me, you know, when you start getting into leadership, it's hard for me to be able to compare people like that. If I haven't really had a conversation with them or been able to hang out with them to see what they're like as a person from what everybody else is saying, then I can understand what Jerry Jones means. Right when that when that got hurt from around the league, people that he probably never met, had heard great stories about how Dak was a leader on the field. He stepped into it when Tony Romo was the leader of the team and galvanized the team to where players were like, I want to play for Dak, all right, So just based off what everybody else is saying, it's hard for me to say, you know, Bett, he's not because I haven't heard one player, not one in the locker room throughout the years that he's been here. Players that are gone come back and say anything bad about that hadn't heard it.
Speaker 3: So you know, I can't push back on a guy like that.
Speaker 6: You know, when we get to Romo, like I said, I've never had a conversation with Romo, he said, I seen him in Nigga Sam's I never seen him call up the huddle and you know, give a real speech or anything like that. It was Jason Whitten, which I would I would put him in a conversation with a top leaders ever in Cowboy history. But yeah, when you're talking about quarterbacks, especially, yeah, I think Dak Prescott's a guy you know more about Troygnant than I do. So it's hard for me to kind of step into that room.
Speaker 3: I was five, so.
Speaker 5: Didn't really understand it.
Speaker 3: Wow. Five, So if we're gonna hit the red, might have hit the red joint? Umbo? Is that what I did?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 10: You're good now next back my back, my bad. Right, Luckily I missed hitting something.
Speaker 3: I did miss hitting something, but it could have been bad.
Speaker 6: You know when I first got there, well with decoding what Jerry said about about that, only because of all the leaders that he's had on his roster's won super Bowls with with with tremendous guys. I think Michael Irvin, like nobody would argue, you know, playmaker being the leader, Nate Newton, all the guys from those former great teams.
Speaker 3: But I ain't.
Speaker 6: Just a week ago, we were talking about Jerry not telling that Trey Lance is gonna be you know, we were just we were just talking about that, right, and now we're back to you know, he's he's the best. I mean, he's controlling the news, the narrative. Rather, he's trying to instill confidence in Dak. I don't know. I mean, Dak's been playing for eight years. At this point, he needs front office to say something good about him, to do what he does. He's in the wrong business, you know. But I don't think he was lying. I don't think he was. Like everybody that I've ever heard talk about Dak and his story and everything about him says that this guy is the leader and so forth, that Walter Payton Man of the Year comes with that.
Speaker 3: So, I mean, he's stating facts.
Speaker 6: It's just that sometime you're reading in between the lines on things and thinking, man, maybe this is deeper, maybe he's trying to do something else, and man, hey, he's just telling you the truth about a good dude.
Speaker 3: No, no, not about it. I mean.
Speaker 4: And to me, you know, I was in a locker room with Dak twenty sixteen, played up with him in his rookie year, and.
Speaker 3: To me, you know, I think Jerry Jones told no lies.
Speaker 4: Now, like you know McCray said, I wasn't here around with you know, when Michael Irvin and Akman and all those boys were here. But as far as I'm concerned, in my nine years in the league, you know, Dak is probably the best leader.
Speaker 3: I don't see I'd have been around.
Speaker 4: When you talk about a guy coming into his rookie year, going in there and winning over a locker room, and not just any old locker room.
Speaker 3: This was a veteran led locker room.
Speaker 4: We ain't talking about, you know, a bunch of young guys out there that got voices. Were talking about the guys like Jason Whitten who had played in the league ten some years. We're talking about guys like who else was in there. I mean, there's all those people sharing ley. When Dak was able to Romo, I mean, when Dak was able to go in there and basically take the leadership reigns and control it throughout the entire season. To me, when he was able to do that with grown men, I mean, that just goes to show you how great of a leader he was. And I was in the locker room with both Romo and Dak, and nothing against Romo, but he just wasn't the leader that Dak was. When you talk about reaching out to all fifty three guys out there plus the practice squad, I mean sometimes you would you would look at Romo and say, Okay, he's a coach. He's not really in the locker room in the trenches with us going going about everyday business.
Speaker 3: With Dak, there was no infans or but about that.
Speaker 4: Now, they were also in two different points in their career. You know, Romo was already established pro bowler he got the bag and Dak was just coming in as a rookie, so that might have had something to do with it. But overall, to me, Dak, like you said, you get no complaints from players anywhere. Look look at what happened with Hayden Hurst tight end at the time he was with Atlanta. Will come over to back after the game. Man, the words you say out there, your leadership and all that stuff, I mean, it goes around, it resonates without the league.
Speaker 3: So to me, there was no lies being told from Jay Jones.
Speaker 6: So Dak is a better leader than Blake.
Speaker 3: Come on, I ain't. That's not even a y'all went to y'all.
Speaker 6: We carried Blake Bortles, and we did we did if we carried him.
Speaker 4: Along with the guy Claires was that he was that guy without a doubt, and Tevin Smith the linebacker, never seen a better motivational speaker than that man. But Blake Bortos. We carried that man, and then they had the audacity to pay that man and going down, going down a rabbit hole. Man exact quote from Jerry.
Speaker 2: Okay, he says, the best leader I've ever seen at that position.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So I'm I'm a stick with what I said, Like, I think he's being honest. I think he really sees it and believes it, especially with the way that the players, every player that comes in, especially with the rot with the rotaking will that you got him. Like new players coming in, guys on one year deal. They all come in and they all find a way to say, you know what, that's my guy, and I'm gonna play for riding with folk.
Speaker 4: So I would love for you know, a guy like Nate Newton to come in here and just answer that because he was around with you know, Aikman.
Speaker 3: And those boys, to show the leadership and all that. So I love for him answer that. Maybe I'll ask him a little bit.
Speaker 2: Later and go back to wit. Okay, that was Tony's best friend, that was his day. They shared a suite as a family, sweep together. I mean they were tight. When Dak took over. You never saw any pushback from Jason with eighty two, never pushed back. I think that says a lot because that was his guy and this guy was trying to.
Speaker 3: Get the job back.
Speaker 2: Okay, he was wanted that thing, right, He did not just go quietly into the wind like that res conference made all of us to believe he wanted that job back.
Speaker 3: Eighty two never stood on the table.
Speaker 2: And said, you know, this guy's not ready or leaked anything out, because you know a lot of people that to me spoke volumes. And then I go back to Cole Beasley. Remember Cole went to a buffalo. Cole had things to say, never said anything about that.
Speaker 3: That's fast.
Speaker 2: So sometimes what people say about you as you leave the building or you're gone. I haven't heard that about Dak Prescott. I have it now. Last night I had to fight with a Hall of Fame writer about Dak who had a whole bunch of stuff to say about things.
Speaker 3: But I'm, like I said, all I can go.
Speaker 2: Buy is what I see and the people I talk to who are around him, and then the things that I have seen in moments off the field. The guy showed up at the tie in SECI golf tournament. Had played a snap with the guy, but he showed up to help support to him. And do you know that's not something guys do a lot of when they don't know, you know somebody, it's one thing.
Speaker 11: But when you don't know, right, but yes, and he lives out, I don't know what how far it is from.
Speaker 3: A prosper prosper the great man with a golf thing. That's a yes, that was so so when Jerry says that, yeah, I go back to Jason Garrett.
Speaker 2: One of the time, yes, one of the times that Jason would light up a fuse and talk effervescently was if you brought up Tac Prescott and he told me he's like disc and he talked about how much just of a good dude he was.
Speaker 3: He's like, this is a guy that if he wasn't playing football, any company should hire. I mean he was.
Speaker 2: He was as high on him as if it was his own child. Of how how much substance he had. And I told you before the thing about Jason always was is what did he say or not say about it?
Speaker 3: Guy? He couldn't have been more effusive that camera, check it out, check it out, do no wrong.
Speaker 5: He's like my son on the other side, come on, man, you got there.
Speaker 3: One of what's what's it gonna be next week? What's it gonna be? Next week.
Speaker 6: It's gonna change every week, you know, until Dak. That's why I keep saying, Man, Dak gotta win it. He gotta win it. He tore it for just like Romo was his playoff wins and losses. So you know, for Jerry, he probably don't care nothing about all that. He's like, man, win a super go to the NFC Championship, show me something. You go out here on defense, and you wrote start rolling in games. How you roll New York the other night. The pressure is gonna be on tack even more than it is right now, because we all know how hard it is for you to get that type of defense in the building and then maintain it right. Dan Quinn is gonna say, hey, man, I was at there with the leads of the boom, right, and then when it starts falling apart, then everything fall apart, right because you only got this big of a window to do it. Last year, it's part of that window didn't get it done. This is year two of being in that window and even better to where Okay, if they gonna go out there and play that well, then it's on the offense to make sure that they get to win, right. You're leading the league and turnovers, you lead the league sacks. You got a person up for the MVP. You might have two this year up for Player of the Year. You're looking at cornerbacks and linebackers like it's possible for you to be that good On defense, the pressure is on you to make sure you as an offense. You got a new play caller protecting everything, may running the ball and make sure that we put you in the position to make sure you get thirty shorts. Like the presson's gonna be on you for that, all right, So yeah, sh out here, Jerry, no, Jared, you're the leader, bro.
Speaker 3: Take care of it. Take care o man.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's take our second break when we come back. What's a confidence level in the kicker, Brandon Aubrey. Don't look like that, Oh look.
Speaker 3: Like save it, save it.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna say Danny Mcraigheck Maharrison, Barry Church on New we Strugs. This plays lounch Bock to you by Tostitos.
Speaker 3: On the Dallas Cowboys dot Com radio network.
Speaker 12: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and Right Now. Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order.
Speaker 3: Plus.
Speaker 12: Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy wipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's Get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they.
Speaker 3: Snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped, flapped. He'll love full a first down.
Speaker 7: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 8: Prescott's gonna rub this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 7: Get started at blockchain dot Com to kick off.
Speaker 9: The twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo at Hugo Boss dot com, and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 8: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies and every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smeirenov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks.
Speaker 6: Home or away.
Speaker 8: We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all, we got big love for them boys. Smear enoff we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 3: Back to the players lounge.
Speaker 6: Let's play in this game. There is a position for everyone, no matter who you are. Flag is your chance to run, throw, jump, and fly. This is your chance to get involved in the actually enjoined the Flag Football movement. Learn more and find a league at NFL flag dot com. Thank you, Harrison. Players loved about to you buy tostitos. The players are Bury Church, Danny all Right, Jets coming to town.
Speaker 3: No Aaron Rogers out with an achilles. Tough man, that's tough quick.
Speaker 6: I seen somebody do a slow more of that thing too, where they was like, you can see it pop and I don't know the injury, but I was like, yep, I don't know. You could tell something happens, you can tell you at that moment.
Speaker 3: And I hate, you know what.
Speaker 5: I hate that, man.
Speaker 6: I hate when somebody gets injured and they just show it over and over and over and over again. I was doing the game on Saturday, man, where a young man jumped over somebody and came down in his legs and they.
Speaker 3: Were asking us to, you know, like go through. I was like, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 5: I am not going to do that.
Speaker 6: His mom and anybody else, well, I don't want to do that. That's just that's awful to see that man, And hated to see a I go there.
Speaker 4: I mean, you look at the group chat. That was the first thing I said, Man, y'all think it's kill I mean, when that happens, it's like, man, that's just you just saw the angle of his leg when he got pulled.
Speaker 3: That was that was that tough.
Speaker 2: So so he's my question for what you just spoke about being on the broadcast. If they ask you to do it one time or is it multiple times?
Speaker 5: Yeah, just to do it at all.
Speaker 6: I mean where a guy, everybody saw what he was and I can illustrate and say it's a devastating injury. You know, Femur looks like, you know, that's all I got to say. He snapped his leg. You know, I don't have to show it in super slow mode for you to understand that he broke his leg. And so, I mean, I just think we're in that environment where everybody wants to the gory details about stuff happening, and I just I'm sorry for me. I just couldn't do it in that moment. You think when you see blood, are you one of them guys? No?
Speaker 5: But you go to like haunt houses and stuff that scary movies.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't volunteer to be scared. It's makes sense.
Speaker 6: Okay, you know why you don't want to see nothing? Go TV anyway? Don't you do by Halloween? You like, do you dress up in the funny costole?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: Do you dress No?
Speaker 2: I go back to the I go back to that entry because then at that point in time when you do it, when you're doing a night show, and when that got hurt against the Giants, I showed the play. We showed the play, and it was just because this at this point in time, you knew seasons done, so we showed the play. How many times you show something I think becomes a taste element thing. But for me, I was doing something else. So when you went on the text when it said he got hurt, then I went to Twitter. First off, I didn't know how many people set up Twitter pages that their medical doctors and they do the game. I'm like, I mean doctor David Chow, I know, he did his first radio interview with me, so I know doctor David Chow. But these I mean, wow, all these other people and then just the whole thing. They were doing a whole mad and breakdown circling it look right here, and it was yeah, I saw enough of it there. But I do wonder just when you were the play by play person, how do you handle something like that? Because me being a sportscaster at night, you know, all right, how do you do?
Speaker 3: What happened? Because we ended up doing you know obviously when that got hurt me, it was a whole big deal that got me. Plus that dominated it was just dominated sports show. I was like the New Show.
Speaker 2: I mean, that was the whole thing there. And you try to ask yourself, what's the taste love of what you do? How do you how do you handle something like that?
Speaker 3: And he snapped his it's done.
Speaker 5: You send them the newest commercial, and that's the Some people.
Speaker 2: Say warning, well, we're gonna show you right here is but then you know, we say it and then it's two seconds lay. You know, it's not like we give you a whole lot of time. Hey, we're gonna take ten seconds for you to turn your head right now? Warning, what are you about to see?
Speaker 3: His graphic?
Speaker 6: The truth about that it's hard to turn away sometimes too, after you already said you about to show it, right, because first thing you're like, oh, man, Dad get broke his leg, and you be like, man, should I turned on? Because you know it's gonna be on Twitter, you know, it's gonna be on Instagram, it's gonna be everywhere. And you're still gonna get on there and look. And then when you scroll pass, you take you take that chance.
Speaker 2: You're like before you all were born, you were born heckman, and I remember maybe Christy Weiman, Well, thank you Monday Night football, Lt.
Speaker 3: Joe. Thisman, I was watching it. What oh oh I was I was that guy that wanted to see, Okay, what happened. Oh it really did.
Speaker 2: So I'm I'm I'm that guy that's like, okay, show it. But now that I'm in the business, I also now have that understand them. There are a lot of people who kind of come back into hey man, you over killed it.
Speaker 3: We don't like it.
Speaker 2: And so I just wonder, when you're in the booth, how do you handle something like that. Because I'm never in the booth, I can't do that. But I'm just a smortscascter, like I feel like we got to show it.
Speaker 6: As former athletes, you see injuries in the game before they even come back to the to the replay, you see it happening real saying oh that's his knee.
Speaker 3: You know, oh, you know, it's like your reaction to it. You see it.
Speaker 6: Automatically when a god goes down his elbow, anything happens. But that I mean again for Aaron Rodgers, my question is now two years, seventy five million dollars, how much is this? How much of this the New York Jets on the line for can't he recover from it?
Speaker 3: With his age and all of that?
Speaker 6: Man Like, it's so many questions that goes in to his particular injury. You hear people talking about the turf of coming in to play for him, and on the turf that's making a break. Nobody around me on the turf and Achilles injuries, I don't know, man, It's very unique kind of injury. It's an explosive You turn and you twist. You know, it's not like a knee or anything like that. A cl may be the same. You know, when a guy is not even touching you and he's a spot you can you can snap it.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 6: My home up pulled his ruptured as achilles Pierre in one of my youth flag football camps. He had on tennis shoes. He had on tennis shoes. This but this is how random it is. He had on tennis shoes. They play quarterback for the kids as there as they're playing flag football at the end of the game, so he's playing quarterback.
Speaker 3: You know, he got his energy.
Speaker 6: He completed the pass and one of the first gradest he was just running down there to give him high five, snapped it just like that.
Speaker 3: That's weird.
Speaker 6: No, no, no cleats on the ground, no, nothing got on and just snapped it. It's a weird injury. His doctor told him like, hey, listen, it didn't happen now. It was gonna happen to you. It was gonna eventually happen to you. It was just that's tough.
Speaker 5: Just something for him.
Speaker 2: As we get ready close out the show, last topic here, Brandon Aubrey kicking for the Cowboys. Missed the extra point and then after that didn't miss anything else, made his field goals, made his extra points. Here are we something sure? He was in two for two on field goals long and thirty eight, four for five on extra points, ten points in the game.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 6: I'm confident, I think, But I think Big Mike's gonna gonna protect them.
Speaker 5: I think they won't have him kicking sixty yarders.
Speaker 6: I think they're gonna put him in in a position where he's feeling he feels comfortable, so his confidence stays up. He missed the first one, didn't miss the next one, So I'm alright with he got it out good. Now we build a confidence and we have we need a kicker, We.
Speaker 3: Need a guy like Damn Bailey, Prime, Damn Bailey.
Speaker 5: You don't want that, you know, it's just one.
Speaker 6: It's a sore subject because if we coming in next week and he missed the game winner. So I'm trying to catch myself right now before I say this. So man, I just yeah, Man, I'm.
Speaker 4: Hopeful I'm good with him as well, you know, hopefully keep that confidence high, like like the Max said, don't have him go out there kicking sixty yards thinking like, man, am I really doing this?
Speaker 3: He'll be was that zerline yesterday too? Yes?
Speaker 13: Yes it was.
Speaker 3: He It was ugly. It was ugly. They said, I said, oh, I guess.
Speaker 2: This, this is me bad bad host. Do we trust Brandon Arbory? Trust meaning time consist.
Speaker 5: We don't have.
Speaker 13: We don't have we don't have time consistency. The old question, which is why.
Speaker 3: I said I I did it wrong. Let me go back to this. So, yes, we do not trust Brandon Arbory yet. We need to see more. But game one, Game one was a positive, Dame one was a positive.
Speaker 2: It was and and Mike McCarthy spoke about it yesterday where he said he rushed it, that he went through it too quick, and and Mike contributed that to just game one legitas, you know, but but after that he was good to go. So Mike also compared to Mason Crosby, who we have with the Packers.
Speaker 5: That's the strong.
Speaker 3: That's that's that's tomorrow. That's some game with the playoffs. Strong. Lots we make it sound, lots of that was out there all right to be continued, to be continued tomorrow right here on the players lines.
Speaker 2: Brought to you by those titles on the Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.