Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio. The Dodgers are now two to zero. They beat the Cubs over in Japan Shoheyutani Homard and Roki Sasaki. He Paully has labeled him Nuklulu. Should's either a walk or a strikeout. But boy does he have great stuff.
Speaker 2: It was one.
Speaker 1: Hundred, one hundred, one hundred his first three pitches, and then he can throw a splitter eighty two miles an hour. That's not fair, but and he's only twenty three, all right? Eight seven to seven to three. DP show email address Dpadanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at DP show. West Virginia loses out making the tournament. Their governor's not happy and he can't be happy that West Virginia just lost their basketball coach, Darien Debrez is going to go to Indiana.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know if there's an injunction with this. I don't know how the investigation is going into North Carolina getting into the tournament, but Indian has hired. Can you imagine what if West Virginia got in the tournament? Does the coach eventually is he still going to Indiana no matter what? Or does he go back to West Virginia with a new deal, but he goes to Indiana and he'll be replacing Mike Woodson Seaton Pole.
Speaker 3: Question.
Speaker 1: By the way, good morning. If you're watching on Peacock, thank you downloading the app. That's our streaming partner and our radio affiliates around the country. iHeartRadio, Fox Sports Radio, those chatting on chat Row. Dylan is in for Fritzi. Fritzy is back tomorrow with Seaton, Marv Paul Years truly Pole question for hour two is going to be what.
Speaker 4: We everybody, let's see more of a short thing in the tournament. We have Duke Florida, Auburn Houston, Florida has about forty five percent of that vote, followed by Duke with thirty two Ish can take.
Speaker 5: Some people are upset we left out in North Carolina? Fair? Fair?
Speaker 2: Is this tournament setting.
Speaker 5: Up more chalk?
Speaker 2: Don't we say that every year?
Speaker 4: I just I wonder sometimes when you look at the seeds and you look at who is there a dominant overwhelming number one? Are there just a lot of really good teams and it's gonna mix everything up?
Speaker 1: What feels like with the transfer portal and nil that you know, the days of dynasties are probably over because there are teams that can spend a little bit of money.
Speaker 2: Maybe you get.
Speaker 1: A couple of really good players, maybe you get some transfers in. You know, Yukon did that back to back years. It feels like Florida is a overwhelming type talented team doesn't mean they win. I think Duke is still the favorite to win it all. You know, Auburn was really good and then maybe some question marks there. You all in on Alabama, you know, so there's there's a couple of teams where you go. I think those two teams Do and Florida probably are above everybody else. It's the other teams have the potential to win. I just don't know. It's being consistent. You got to win six games. Can you win six games? That's really hard to do. Yeah, pulling seat's right.
Speaker 6: The past couple of years, it's been quite a bit of chalk. Yukon was a one seed last year in the final four, Perdue was a one seed in the final four, Bama was a four seed, and then the outlier was the eleven seed NC State. Last year in the first round, there were seven what you'd call major upsets. Teams like Auburn, Wisconsin, Kentucky, South Carolina, all high seeds got dropped early.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I just think that they're you know, the playing field isn't leveled, but it's getting a little more leveled. From the standpoint of you can spend money and if you are you know a guy who's got money or collected that's got money, all you got to do is get a couple of players. It's not like a football team. You get a couple of players, you can change your fortunes. I mean, look at Saint John's did get two great players. They didn't even make the tournament, but they did get those two players to play for Rutgers. You could guess how they probably got them to play for Rutgers.
Speaker 4: Yes, Seaton, right, and with the with the transfer portal, right, if you need it, if you're only a player or two away, that that guy's definitely available in some form in the in the portal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if you don't have nil, Rutgers is not getting these two players, Ace Bailey and Dylan Harper and they're going to be top five picks. There are teams that have gotten players keeping playing. I mean the fact that Kansas State spent two million dollars on a transfer and he wasn't that good. I think he averaged like thirteen points. They didn't even make the tournament. Two million?
Speaker 2: What's Cooper flag worth? Ten million?
Speaker 1: What was Zion getting paid? I always wanted to know. I mean, that wasn't nil. But I just awkward. Yeah, I just can't imagine. You know, I could get all this money playing elsewhere, but I'm going to go to Duke. I'm gonna guess got paid something. Yes, smart, we need.
Speaker 7: To come up with an all nil team like Chris Weber at Michigan or Patrick ewen at Atrick Ewing at Georgetown. We need a bunch of guys that man. If Nio was around, they'd make a killing. Ralph Sampson at Virginia, Well, Luel sindor you know what, maybe UCLA in the sixties might be Emeritith.
Speaker 2: How about Tim Tebow?
Speaker 8: Oh, play for the love of the game, not the money.
Speaker 2: Herschel Walker at Georgia.
Speaker 1: By the way, I was watching that thirty for thirty on the Big East, and I was so fortunate that I lived in New York and I worked in New York, and I i was able to go to the Garden whenever I wanted to where my office was at five Penn Plaza, right across the street from the Garden.
Speaker 2: And back then in.
Speaker 1: The eighties, it was must see it was must see TV. It was just musty basketball. I didn't want to watch on TV. But it was really the birth of the Big East and ESPN at the same time. Because ESPN needed programming and they got the Big East. They created the Big East, and you had all of these characters, You had all of these coaches. They were all household names. I mean Louis Carniseca, John Thompson, Raleigh Massamino, Beheim, I mean, it was Syracuse. And I remember talking to Jim Beheim about this that because of ESPN, there were kids in Los Angeles who knew about Syracuse. Jim said, prior to that, nobody knew anything about Syracuse. He goes out to La he Lands and the bad guy says, oh, you're Pearl Washington's coach. It was just it exploded. But when you had and I think he recruited Stevie Thompson to come from Los Angeles to go to Syracuse. But Pearl Washington Ewing Chris Mullen, that Villanova team. You know, you had national TV. They were winning championships and it was you want to talk about physical basketball, Saint John. I mean, there were fights, there were punches thrown, it was. It was incredible. And watching that thirty for thirty brought back so many great memories just because and I had so much respect for John Thompson. I have so much more respect for John Thompson what he was doing when he was doing it, he was standing up to people. What they did to poor Patrick Ewing. You know signs that they held up, they threw bananas on the floor. I mean, what that poor man went through. And he's one of the nicest people you ever met, and you've heard him when he's been on the show. I watched the thirty for thirty. I text Patrick Ewing. I said, hey, I'm just thinking of you, and he said, well, that's nice, and I said, I'm watching the thirty for thirty and so I think he realized. When you watch that thirty for thirty how Ewing was treated, you really feel bad for him.
Speaker 2: But damn was he a force.
Speaker 1: He just looked even more menacing, agile, and they became polarizing because of how they played, but John Thompson didn't care what you thought. Like they became their gear became the Raiders gear, like you'd be wearing Georgetown. You didn't have to follow Georgetown, you didn't have to know anything about George. But Georgetown's gear became sort of like the Oakland Raiders gear. It was everywhere. I remember going to Georgetown a couple of times and you were trying. We couldn't interview the players, so I'd get John Thompson occasionally, and he was very tough, very tough.
Speaker 2: He was not giving you anything. He didn't care.
Speaker 1: He's very leary of the media, and he had every right to be. But you know, when they say big John, he was Bill Russell's roommate with the Celtics. So Big John's six six', TEN i mean he's. Big he Is Big, john and that voice and he sat down and you know you better be buttoned. Up Louis carniseca was just.
Speaker 2: Fun he was.
Speaker 1: SILLY i MEAN i Interviewed Mark jackson his freshman year At Saint. John's Chris mallin was. There Walter BERRY i covered The villanova team when they won the national, Champion chip went to you Know philadelphia for the, parade just you Know syracuse in front of that.
Speaker 2: CROWD i, mean it was just.
Speaker 1: Wonderful and then you, know the greed for football ruined The big The Big east got to have a football, team gotta have a and it ruined. It but back, then, god it was. Wonderful every single NIGHT i just go over, there didn't have any, money go in media, room get something to, eat go down and watch. Basketball it was just so much. Fun and then fast forward TO i go TO. Espn Now i'm working On Big, monday where It's Big, east and then you would have The Big, twelve we'd Have Big, monday and Then i'd Do Sports center after, that help us become household names just because you were able to watch great, basketball and it led right Into Sports.
Speaker 2: Center but, yeah.
Speaker 1: Watching that at thirty for thirty and when you talk about, teams you know When John thompson says To Patrick, ewing they're Playing North carolina and he said block every, Shot, goldtend go out and get them all because he wanted that in your, mind even if it Was. Goldtending and if this has ever happened to, you it does mess with you a little bit like you put up a shot somebody goldtends.
Speaker 2: It it didn't go.
Speaker 1: In it, counts but it didn't go, in and it kind of, like you know you wanted to go in, there there's a completion to. It ewing just goes up and starts blocking everything and goltending and you're, going what is he? Doing But John thompson wanted him to put that in the minds Of, Carolina i'm going to block everything you put, up and he damn near. Did but The Saint John's georgetown. Games, Now Jim beheim Hates. Georgetown he even says it in the thirty for. Thirty but if you Watch Pearl, washington And pearl wasn't a great, shooter but you want to talk about a, handle he Was kyrie before cut and you see some of the moves that he, had and he's just. Built he was going to get through whatever you. Had he would, break impress by. Himself And georgetown was a dominating defensive team and they Let pearl Be pearl and he was, Spectacular he really. WAS i remember when he went to THE, nba AND i don't know if there were. Injuries he just wasn't a good enough. Shooter but you want to talk about a great college. PLAYER i, mean he's one of the probably top ten most exciting PLAYERS i ever saw in college, basketball end to, end never. Seen i've never seen anybody better end to, end get the ball and go and he's going to get a. Layup but he was going to GO i think To Saint john's Or, syracuse and you know he was A New york, legend Ys, marph.
Speaker 7: Can we do a Redo syracuse last game With Jim beheim was at THE Ac tournament In.
Speaker 2: Gamesborough.
Speaker 3: Terrible, No, no we can't have.
Speaker 7: THAT i, mean, look And i'm A yukon, guy SO i don't have a lot of love For, syracuse but just out of respect for What jim behind, did there's no way his career should have ended In greensboro in THE Acc. Tournament it was supposed to be losing The yukon at The, Garden yeah, yeah or beating yukond of how at The Garden that's where it should have.
Speaker 2: Finished Over Saint. John's, Yes, pauline.
Speaker 6: You talked about how rough The Big east was back in the. Eighties you'll remember. This in nineteen eighty, nine they switched to six fouls to be disqualified from a.
Speaker 2: Game they're, like.
Speaker 6: We need an extra foul. Here they did it for three. Seasons the rest of THE ncaa didn't do.
Speaker 3: It it was so.
Speaker 5: Physical, god it was so, pysile just but it.
Speaker 2: Was it meant so.
Speaker 1: Much you want to talk regular season games that meant. Something AND i don't know how many we've, had you, Know Duke North carolina always meant a.
Speaker 2: LOT espn embraced.
Speaker 1: It BUT i don't know how many games that we have or had during the regular season where it was, like oh my, gosh must see back, then The Big, east the regular season was a. POSTSEASON i mean it, was it, mattered it was big and The, garden The garden was rocking back. Then stat of The day brought to you By Panini, america the official trading cards of this. Program Our Bracket challenge is live right now At Fox Sports radio Dot.
Speaker 2: Com get your.
Speaker 1: Brackets in by the end of the day if you want to be in The Bracket challenge with. Us all, Right, so did we have an hour or two pole Question? Seaton we HAVE rg three coming up here.
Speaker 4: Momentarily, well you guys are kicking around before the no hope.
Speaker 5: TEAM i didn't want to go to. Negative. Hmmm we could populate a no HOPE nfl.
Speaker 9: Team, wowee nice. Day why would we do? That it's kind of in OUR dna here we Are. March let's talk about the teams that have no hope in THE. Nfl no, Hope i'd be.
Speaker 1: Sure i'd be curious who the audience if we put In, cleveland you put In, carolina you put in The, titans you put Into.
Speaker 4: Carolina they ended the season so strong that was like so full of.
Speaker 2: Hope they do have hope in my.
Speaker 1: OPINION i don't know if they have a chance to make the, playoffs but they have hope of getting. Better it's not necessarily hope of making the, playoffs but there's hope that we're getting, better like The. Giants are they getting? Better is their hope they're getting like The? JETS i don't, Know, Yes, Mormon.
Speaker 7: Yeah carolina has some good. Losses when they barely lost to The.
Speaker 2: Chiefs if if you're A panthers, fan, yeah what, hey we played them, tough all.
Speaker 1: Right although When Bryce young came into the studio at The Super, bowl we all said the same. Thing somebody dropped their kid off they better come back and pick him. Up but, man he had. Poise we fell in love with. Him talking to, him he was JUST i hope he does. WELL i hope he you, know because he had a rough. Go they were talking about trading, him AND i, go he just give him a. Chance you can't just. Go, no it didn't work. Out he took him number. One we got a field trade offers. Here i'm, like let him. Try then he sat down And Andy dalton came, in and then he came, back and then we saw a glimpse of maybe the future for.
Speaker 2: Them All, right we'll talk TO rg.
Speaker 1: Three the big news this morning is The vikings reportedly are not interested In Aaron. Rodgers we'll talk TO rg three about that and a few other things right after. This Fox Sports radio has the best sports talk lineup in the. Nation catch all of our shows At Foxsports radio dot com and within The iHeartRadio app SEARCH fsr to listen.
Speaker 8: Live, Hey Steve covino And I'm Rich, david and together We're covino And rich On Fox Sports. Radio you could catch us weekdays from five to seven Pm eastern two to Four pacific On Fox Sports, radio and of course The iHeartRadio. App why should you listen To cavino And rich talk about everything, life, sports, relationships.
Speaker 2: What's going on in the.
Speaker 8: World we have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop, culture stories that, well other shows don't seem to have the time to. Discuss and the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work.
Speaker 2: TOGETHER i mean that says, something, Right so check us.
Speaker 8: Out we like to get you involved, too take your phone, calls chop it.
Speaker 2: Up as they, Say.
Speaker 8: I'd, say the most interactive show On Fox Sports, radio maybe the.
Speaker 2: Most interactive show on.
Speaker 8: Planetar be sure to check Out cavino And rich live On Fox Sports radio and The iHeartRadio app from five to seven Pm eastern two to Four, Pacific and if you miss any of the live, show just Search covin On rich wherever you get your, podcasts and of course on social.
Speaker 2: Media That's covino And.
Speaker 1: Rich always enjoy The give And take With Robert Griffin, junior the third Former Heisman trophy winner and is a great podcast out Of pocket WITH rg. Three you can check it out on YouTube wherever you get your. Podcasts, oh there's got Us Baylor bears jersey on Your ready To.
Speaker 2: Go did you play basketball in high?
Speaker 3: School had to unmute. There, YES i did play basketball in high.
Speaker 10: SCHOOL i was actually recruited By Baylor kansas In, florida and that Was florida coming off the national championship and SO i know my.
Speaker 3: Basketball.
Speaker 2: Okay did you think about playing For baylor when you were?
Speaker 3: There, yes it, did is a quick.
Speaker 10: Story you, Know Coach Scott, drew he's family to, me but he recruited me at high. School you, KNOW i got to see him do that press, conference you know in the early two thousands when he took over the school right after the shooting that took place on the, team and you, know we talked AND i told HIM i would play basketball for him my senior year of. College And, DAN i never made it to my senior. YEAR i left, early SO i.
Speaker 3: Didn't GET i didn't let didn't.
Speaker 10: Lie you, know me and him stay in contact all the. TIME i used to go to the gym there at The Faral center and play basketball at night and actually practice and play with the. Team had a couple of teammates that ended up playing basketball and football at the same.
Speaker 3: Time Kendall wright In Levi.
Speaker 10: Norwood so there was a pipeline there for, sure BUT i just never made it to my senior.
Speaker 1: Year better, athlete basketball player or football?
Speaker 10: Player, ooh that's. Tough better athlete is certainly a football. Player, yes football players are better. Athletes you, know you don't know? Why, yeah, yeah go, Ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah you know they'll talk about the.
Speaker 10: Skill you, know you Got Kevin durant seven foot you, know can, dribble, penetrate, Drive donk shoot.
Speaker 3: Threes has all those.
Speaker 10: Skills but for football, PLAYERS i actually think offensive linemen are some of the most skilled athletes in the. World to be able to get in you, know sixty to seventy car you, know car crashes every single, game have the footwork to pull, around pull outside to go do a, screen also anchor in and anchor down when you've got a three hundred and fifty pounds defensive lineman trying to kill your. QUARTERBACK i think offensive linemen are a lot more athletic than people. Realize Get Trent williams on the basketball, court and you know you'll see exactly What i'm talking.
Speaker 2: About, yeah But Trent williams is six,' five who. Cares, yeah yeah. He's small he's, six.
Speaker 3: Five three hundred and thirty. Forty pounds do.
Speaker 1: You think do you THINK the nba would be Afraid Of trent williams on the.
Speaker 2: Basketball, floor, no, NO no i don't think they would be afraid.
Speaker 10: OF him i just think that you when you think six' FIVE in the nba or as, a basketball player.
Speaker 3: It's like six'.
Speaker 10: Five two, Oh five you know i'm talking about a, guy that's six five three hundred and fifty pounds and can go out there and compete with the basketball players who weigh over one.
Speaker 3: Hundred and fifty pounds. Less, than he does.
Speaker 1: Okay we always talk about this OF, guys in the nba how would they be As. Football players like lebron lebron Could Be tight end all.
Speaker 2: Pro, tight, end type yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: It would take time it just depends on what.
Speaker 11: You're.
Speaker 10: Asking to Do dan you know i've Had the best coaches, i've ever been around is that you take a guy and you put him in a. Position, to BE successful Right, If i get lebron i'm Not trying to teach lebron how to block down. On the defensive end if, He's playing tight end, i'm flexing him out, going one on one throwing them jump. Balls, All day long okay so it just depends on what you're. Asking THEM to do but i. DO think it's easier i think it's easier for a football player TO go into the nba and, actually play, productive minutes you know maybe score five points than IT is for an nba player TO come into the nfl and truly play the position like it's.
Speaker 3: Supposed, to BE playing.
Speaker 1: Yeah but i got two guys who played TIGHT end in the Nfl who were a hall of famers who were marginal, Basketball Players in college Antonio Gates.
Speaker 2: And, IN tony gunchallees.
Speaker 10: Yeah i don't think they would like you call them.
Speaker 3: The marginal basketball players.
Speaker 2: But, It, did take them okay and.
Speaker 3: It took them time.
Speaker 1: They're a whole OF, famers in the nfl but it took them time to make the.
Speaker 10: Transition over into football You Can look at. Jimmy graham As well over at miami had a Number.
Speaker 3: Of players from baylor that played.
Speaker 10: Basketball that ended up coming over and playing football and playing it.
Speaker 3: At a high level it's not that you.
Speaker 10: Can't get it done i'm just saying it's it's a lot easier to go have an impact immediately football to basketball than it. Is basketball to football not to rag, on our guy here But Go look at Draymond Green's. Highlights, FROM michigan State, okay i, love draymond you know.
Speaker 3: But look at this You know exactly. What i'm talking about it's very tough to make.
Speaker 10: That TRANSITION like That But i know, Kean Coleman, right NOW josh gordon who I played with at Baylor And was an all pro Wide Receiver. For THE cleveland browns if i took them today and PUT them on, an nba basketball court they would have they would be able to have productive minutes more SO than taking an nba player straight off the court and THROW them.
Speaker 3: On the Nfl field how?
Speaker 2: Would shack have, Done, oh my god Well what?
Speaker 3: Position?
Speaker 10: Is shack, PLAYING okay OH yeah i mean i mean a seven?
Speaker 3: To two nose tackle what's the what's?
Speaker 10: The saying In football, dan low man wins that's the that's the issue with getting the taller guys and saying they're. GONNA play nose TACKLE i actually Think i Would Take Shack the orlando magic shack First Couple. Of, years LAKERS shack yeah and i would put. Him, at tight end oh because because that shack was. ATHLETIC seven, to two, i mean come on who wants who doesn't want to throw a seam route to A seven foot two shaquille o' neil.
Speaker 3: Running down the field.
Speaker 1: Who would have been A Better football Player Michael? JORDAN or Kobe.
Speaker 10: Oh i think michael jordan would have been. A better football player i think he would have been. A better football player i think. His tenacity is unmatched And we have these gold, conversations all, The Time You. KNOW kobe jordan lebron I just think that jordan's mindset and his approach to the game would have translated to any sport and any and he kind of proved that to us by.
Speaker 3: Going TO playing baseball.
Speaker 1: He's Rg three Out of. Out of pocket podcast you can find it on YouTube wherever.
Speaker 6: You.
Speaker 1: Get your podcast, sorry The news today the Vikings Aren't. Interested, in. Aaron rodgers okay okay do you? Think they were interested and? Why aren't they interested.
Speaker 10: That. IS a great question i think, if they weren't interested they would have came, out, immediately and said hey. We HAVE no interests so i do think they MOLDED over the reason i don't think they're interested is because OF their. Belief in jj McCarthy you know that they must have seen something in his rehab to let them know he'll be ready.
Speaker 3: To start, THE.
Speaker 10: SEASON, you know i jj coming off of the preseason and, the offseason last year was going to be the, starter In My opinion over sam donald. Before he GOT hurt so when i look at, IT from that standpoint i think WHAT we saw From jj McCarthy at michigan is nothing compared to what we're GOING to see from jj McCarthy when it comes To him playing For Kevin. O'Connell the minnesota vikings the, weapons that they have the, structure that they have they're ready. To win right now and if They're Picking, him over aaron rodgers that tells you a lot about what they've seen day in and day. Out in that building i'm excited for the young man because he is SUPER talented and And i don't, think michigan, tapped into you know even seventy percent of.
Speaker 3: What his potential Is what?
Speaker 2: ARE the steelers doing, i have no Idea.
Speaker 1: But you're the steelers why Don't You say to aaron rodgers you?
Speaker 2: Want to join us.
Speaker 1: Tell us now at the, end of Business. Day we're the steelers. We're not waiting around And Now they got mason rudolph. And and exactly here so here's how My take, on the steelers was as soon as They, traded for dk metcalf they should have Went Ahead.
Speaker 10: AND Signed russell wilson dk metcalf had His Best seasons with russell wilson. As a starting quarterback you, trade for this guy you pay him thirty plus, million dollars a year and he's going to be The Cornerstone, along with george pickens who had a massive. Influx In His production once russell wilson Became The. STARTER over justin fields i just felt like that if, you're gonna do it and you put It Out, there, TO aaron RODGERS hey i Think I, even saw, cam hayward you know. Was talking about it if they asked him would go on a darkness retreat if it Was Going to get aaron rodgers to come In And, be a pittsburgh steeler, and, his, Answer was hell nah. I'm not doing that if you Want To, be a pittsburgh steeler then you Want To. Be A pittsburgh steeler so i really just Look At this as aaron rodgers maybe serving, the, landscape AND saying man maybe i really wanted To play FOR the vikings because i think they, can win, right now you know won a bunch. OF games last year i don't want To play for the giants because it's going to be a coach, on THE hot seat a gm, on the hot seat AND it's just do i really want to go be a part of another rebuild or not rebuild and be the Center Focus There in new york And, then with the steelers it's just a matter of does he want To?
Speaker 3: Go PLAY in pittsburgh.
Speaker 10: AND i don't Know I can't, read AARON rodgers' mind but, I will say this i think the guy's earned the right to take however long he wants to. Make any decision possible and our job as analysts and people in the media isn't to try and isn't it just put out articles or make statements trashing the guy because he's taking His.
Speaker 1: Time making all, yeah i'm just yes you take your time. IF you Want to i think pittsburgh's got too many bigger personalities that. That's a different Environment You're going into mike tomlin's place AND. You got t j Watt and Mink Of fitzpatrick and. Cam hay like that that's a different field Than, going into the jets where he'd be on scholarship to do whatever.
Speaker 2: He, wanted to, Do steelers you know.
Speaker 1: Mike's no nonsense, THERE but You Know i think aaron, rodgers may just, Say you know.
Speaker 5: What.
Speaker 2: I'M gonna retire yeah.
Speaker 10: I actually had put it out earlier IN the offseason that I thought it, was minnesota OR retire just Because i felt like minnesota. Was, ready to win, now top Ten Defense, you GOT.
Speaker 3: Justin.
Speaker 10: Jefferson t j Hockinson They. Just resigned aaron jones what's the OTHER receiver there from?
Speaker 3: Usc That, They Have.
Speaker 10: Dan addison jordan addison like you've got two, number one wide receivers a, number one tied end a Three Down, back in aaron jones a great offensive line.
Speaker 3: Like THAT'S ready, made, and, i thought like listen are we?
Speaker 10: In the twilight zone like Are WE repeating The Brett, Farvarki FOR aaron rodgers so i thought it, was that or retire and he may decide to continue. To play or whatever but when It, COMES to the steelers i think. It's all changed now ONCE You, bring in dk metcalf because you're showing, Any, quarterback out there hey we're gonna put, the resources around you we're going to, Build.
Speaker 3: The offensive line.
Speaker 10: We're ready to roll and if he doesn't, say YES to that then i just don't think.
Speaker 3: HE wants to play i.
Speaker 1: Know You tweeted out joe burrow stepping up, for HIS Wide receivers Wanting T higgins and jamar. Chase TO get paid and i wondered if This Was potentially a carson palmer, SITUATION where it's like i don't, want to, be here you Know and, You, Know carson decided.
Speaker 2: HEY i'll sit out i.
Speaker 1: Don't WANT to play and i, wonder if, they said all right Let's Take care of joe burrow by taking care. Of these two guys but correct, as a Winning philosophy did the bengals?
Speaker 2: Make? THE right decision yes.
Speaker 10: I believe they Did i believe the bengals gave themselves the best Chance To win a super bowl in the next Four Years By Signing. Jamar, chase ANTI higgins now if i could be, CRITICAL for a second i would. Have done, it, earlier oh yeah right if. You DO it earlier and i don't mean. EARLIER in the offseason i mean like. A few years ago they. DON'T cost as much i believe someone IT'S out there that i. Mean The numbers supported The eagles Got Aj brown and devonte smith for one hundred million Dollars less than the Bengals Ended up GETTING Jamar. Chase and t higgins that to me is the only. Critical part of it but when it comes, To As a quarterback joe burrow, standing, on business saying hey you gotta sign, MY guys or else i think that was A message, to the, bengals like all right we just. Can't, be cheap here yes we need to put a stronger offensive Line In. Front of joe burrow yes we need to get our defense to, become a top ten. Top fifteen defense again but when We Went, to the super bowl who, Are Two leading RECEIVERS Jamar. Chase and t higgins How Many times did joe burrow get sacked in twenty twenty one in the regular, season fifty one times throughout the regular season.
Speaker 3: And postseason seventy.
Speaker 10: Times he got sacked Nine Times against the Tennessee titans.
Speaker 3: In the divisional. ROUND of the playoffs i.
Speaker 10: Remember tweeting, out that i'm like they this guy's against these out there getting sacked nine times and. They're still winning games they got sacked Seven Times in the Super, Bowl AGAINST the rams so i know everyone is like. Moving the goalpost now Because They didn't Think mike brown the bengals.
Speaker 3: Would, pay, all three.
Speaker 10: Guys well they did they understand that making their quarterback happy is the best. Thing for their team it shows that he has his teammates back. In the locker room, and let's be Real Who wouldn't WANT Jamar chase and t higgins as their won two punch. In that receiver room they can find offensive lineman to maybe hold on for dear life for two. And a half seconds you Can't Find guys LIKE Jamar chase and.
Speaker 3: T higgins every.
Speaker 1: Day explain to me how, All Of a sudden jackson dart is up. In, The Top ten yeah shador sanders had felt like THERE was a campaign i called a smear campaign That, you know cam ward it. Feels like he's untouchable he's going to be. The number one pick, nobody's saying anything Negative But. Here comes Jackson Dart, according to milk kuiper Now He still has shadoor sanders number Three. Going, to the Giants Uh you got jackson dart maybe. Going to new work how does that happen when nobody's played any football for. A couple of months you maybe, Have had some workouts but tell me how somebody rises or all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: The, NEGATIVES come.
Speaker 10: Out yeah i mean i've had many CONVERSATIONS With With. Ravens gm eric DaCosta i'm more than. Sure he's not fine he's not you know not has done that a problem with me sharing that, and he you, know we, talked about you know scouting and how, this whole, process goes you. Know throughout, the offseason so yeah coming, in it Was Hey it's It's Cam, woard to, shadeer sanders? Who's, One who's two oh kim sits out the second half. Of the ball game they tried to, smear, him for that right. But that didn't work shador he's in the middle, of his you know quote unquote, smear campaign right now, and he's, you know staying, strong getting out there, doing all the workouts, doing all the meetings. Having a great job But when you, WATCH jackson dark play I Called many A jackson darts games i think two games of his In. College at ole miss you know he can. Make every single throw he has the athleticism that you need in today's game to be a. True DUEL threat quarterback and i think it's. It's those two things, you watch the tape you. See how he played you saw you See Him out Dual Jayden daniels when JAYDEN daniels was at lsu And They. PLAYED against ole miss i believe that, was twenty twenty three and you you just gravitate.
Speaker 3: Towards the, kid's moxie you know you believe he's.
Speaker 2: A top, ten Pick, i mean come onda.
Speaker 1: But why wasn't he? A top ten pick? Until you're killing me he's a.
Speaker 3: Top tip pick because.
Speaker 10: We, always overdraft quarterbacks okay the quarterback position is one, that is needed more maybe not more than than.
Speaker 1: Left tackles And right tackles or sanders, A top, TEN pick?
Speaker 3: I do i do.
Speaker 10: I believe, he, is You know listen ej manuel wasn't. A top Ten pick but j manuel was. A first round quarterback if you're talking about, just body of Work Look at what jackson Dark Did led let ole miss to back to. Back ten win seasons first eleven games win, season In School history broke ELI manning's.
Speaker 3: Passing, YARDS di.
Speaker 2: Record well i think he's a.
Speaker 1: LEGITIMATE first round talent i just all of a sudden he's up, in THE top ten and i always wonder like he.
Speaker 2: Hadn't, played any football.
Speaker 10: Yeah it's, THE tape it's like i, Don't, know about YOU dan but like.
Speaker 3: I love the combine i think.
Speaker 10: THE combine is fun i love watching guys run super fast and jumps really high.
Speaker 2: And it doesn't mean, Anything to.
Speaker 3: Come on i'm giving you first hand knowledge that you've been in the.
Speaker 10: Business all the time i'm talking to these guys and it's like the combine doesn't. Do much for them the tape And When you, watch jackson, dark, PLAY you know really i. Look at the draft the draft is JUST a how do i say, This the right way it's a, it's a popularity contest and like you're trying. To increase your value so if YOUR tape is an a plus and you go to the combine AND you have, an a plus performance you're gonna. Be a top pick but if YOUR tape is an a plus and you, go to the combine you drop a f you might drop a little bit because. You're NOT as coveted So I just think jackson dark's tape is what's, making, the scouts say hey this this young man. Can play as WELL and that's Why I Also think jalen jalen milroe might might get drafted a little bit higher than. Than then people anticipate i'm, not SAYING first round but i think he'll get drafted higher because of. His elite skill trait he does remind me a lot with his Skill Trait. OF a jalen hurts i don't know if he'll be, a second round pick but he does some things that you just can't teach, at the quarterback position and then it's on THE coaches in the nfl to get him. To his maximum potential always great. To talk to you the podcast is OUT of pocket with rg three on YouTube wherever. You get your.
Speaker 1: Podcast Good Luck. To your, baylor, BEARS Appreciate, You brother, Vj edge come. Home come on baby be sure to catch The Live Edition Of the dan patrick show Weekdays at nine Am eastern Six Am Pacific on fox Sports radio. And the iHeartRadio, App David, in ohio hi david?
Speaker 2: What's?
Speaker 1: On?
Speaker 5: Your mind.
Speaker 11: Yeah, dan you were mentioning mentioning that you were having SOME. TROUBLE with your gps i thought of a really good. Revenue stream for you how about you add YOUR name to the gps when they pronunciate, you turn left. HERE turn right here i, would totally buy, that since, you've got you, know the golden.
Speaker 1: Voice, So, THANK you yeah david. I THOUGHT about that maybe i become your. Directions in your car maybe if it's the ladies who want, The, the deeper voice hey you just Entered, the cole, sec yeah slow down how about?
Speaker 2: We merge right here.
Speaker 8: Is?
Speaker 2: That a stick shift are you just?
Speaker 3: Happy to? See me remember that? In the rotation?
Speaker 2: Room? Vroom horse power okay time to? Play in or out can we? Play?
Speaker 1: In or out okay and once again the rules are you're either. In or you're, out, here we, Go.
Speaker 6: Guys all right okay I'd rather Go to Vegas for thursday through sunday than spend a week in the Town That's.
Speaker 3: Hosting The super bowl.
Speaker 1: So I'd rather Go To vegas for thursday Friday Or go to new Orleans, For, A.
Speaker 6: Week thursday friday saturday SUNDAY in all the ncaa. Tournament Games or whatever super bowl, City, Is.
Speaker 2: Up coming okay dylan it, depends On the. City but i'm in you can.
Speaker 1: Pick, Any, city you want okay That Is. Hosted The super bowl.
Speaker 2: Then i'm out. Because, there's, casinos EVERYWHERE.
Speaker 8: NOW okay seatan M. I, THINK maybe vegas Okay.
Speaker 5: I think, maybe vegas all.
Speaker 2: Right, How about. You marvin.
Speaker 3: I'm in.
Speaker 1: I'm OUT if you said I Can go to new orleans for A Week for the super Bowl. Or Go to vegas and, i'm NOT a gambler So I.
Speaker 2: Would SAY New orleans.
Speaker 6: The la dodgers currently are the best team in, all of pro.
Speaker 5: Sports.
Speaker 2: IN or out oh i, thought you're gonna say are? They? Gonna Go undefeated.
Speaker 1: Dylan the dodgers are the most dominating, team in any.
Speaker 2: Sport in or out I'm. GONNA Go in seaton.
Speaker 5: M, i'm gonna, Be, in All, Right marvin in, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm In in.
Speaker 6: Okay brandon graham announced His retirement from the eagles fifteen, seasons with one team Made A, couple of pro bowls had. A very nice career He Literally won a super bowl for his team with A Strip. Sack of tom BRADY based off That I would take BRANDON Graham's career. Over, jj watt's career, Okay, In or, Out, Dylan.
Speaker 3: I'm Out.
Speaker 2: SEATON i'm In marvin i mean i'm out. Out, a tough one. YEAH not For Me i mean brandon.
Speaker 1: Graham had one Play He was overshadowed nick foles as The Star. Of That super bowl brandon graham had A strip sack on brady at The End. OF the super bowl i think It's great that. The eagles kept him he found a Way to stay in philadelphia. For, An Entire Career yeah ston brand.
Speaker 5: GRAHAM'S GOT Two rings i.
Speaker 2: Jj watt one of the greatest. Players of? All, TIME none rings no i Know. You're right outside philly you Want?
Speaker 10: To?
Speaker 3: Be jj watt right.
Speaker 2: You Want to Be Allan? Iverson or robert orring oh that.
Speaker 4: All one big shot robert is like one of. My all time heroes he's got one of the most one of the best.
Speaker 5: Careers of all time.
Speaker 2: But do you want bob Orr Or? You want. ALAN Iverson no rings.
Speaker 5: Jj Watt is the ALLEN. Iverson of the nfl.
Speaker 2: Just, ANSWER the question no i. Want to Keep Poking you want ori Orio Or? You, Want Allen iverson.
Speaker 5: WELL alan iverson is. I, mean the guy okay you know.
Speaker 2: What else do you have polling last one in?
Speaker 6: Or out last one when college football someday, remodels the entire system they should institute a promotion relegation.
Speaker 5: Model In college football.
Speaker 2: Well i've been. Saying it for years seaton is the, spokesperson for promotion relegation essentially the face of promotion AND.
Speaker 5: Relegation, in the us.
Speaker 2: Okay there's a video out in this IS This, is, the.
Speaker 4: US Yeah yeah yeah usl they just announced yesterday that they're going to do like institute promotion and relegation within their uh Like Ecosystem.
Speaker 1: In. The. United states yeah yeah, and there's a, video a hype video and We're watching it and setan comes up on the video like you're part, of.
Speaker 2: The hype video part.
Speaker 1: Of.
Speaker 2: The hype video yeah that big, noggin just Was.
Speaker 3: Like.
Speaker 2: Well, it's setan yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: It's a handsome face. I'll tell you that it's a good looking. Video, That, THEY made.
Speaker 1: Yeah okay i want to talk. About promotion and relegation i'm all for. It with college football at the, TOP of THE hour i want i want. To talk about it but to Do that, in the united. States you know it seatan has been talking about this, for a long time but all that you have time to explain this