Speaker 1: Hello, is this the get Go guy?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What's that man?
Speaker 1: Whoa it's an honor. Well I need some advice. It's a quite a it's quite a unique one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, hit me.
Speaker 1: Well, basically, I go to Afghanistan from time to time and I ended up befriending the Taliban. Long story, and I made a good amount of money from it. To be honest, I could retire from it, but I'd really put a damping out my social life because you know, I go out, I meet some new people and you know, they say they do like digital marketing or something, and they turn to me, oh, what do you do? And when I say, yeah, I like bought a tank from the Taliban and I'd sold it to an American collector. And then suddenly they run away or like they reported me with the police, or you know, they just talk about human rights and stuff. But to be honest, I kind of enjoy it, Like they're kind of like my talent. I just don't know how to talk to people. Like I've got a girlfriend. She's autistic enough to like it. What do I say when I meet to parents?
Speaker 2: You know, what's your name?
Speaker 1: Miles? We spoke before, Yeah.
Speaker 2: We've never we Okay, we've never spoken on the podcast before, but uh we DMed back and forth a little bit because you you sent me a message just shortly after I went to Iraq. You sent me a message and you were like, you said, hey, if you ever want to come to Afghanistan, I'll show you around. I own Osama bin Laden's car. And I saw that message and I was like, what the fuck are you talking about? So I responded and we chatted back and forth a little bit, and then you sent me a bunch of crazy stuff and I was like. I was like, and we can have this conversation for sure, but we you sent me a bunch of crazy stuff and I was like, oh, I don't know about this man. I don't know if I'm going to go to Afghanistan because after Yanistan, I don't listen. I'm not going to pretend like I know a lot about Afghanistan, but like I feel like Afghanistan and Iraq are different ball games.
Speaker 1: That's true. That is true. Well, you know, if you go to North End to Ireland and you show these people, say a mobile phone, they'll think you're crazy. However, to a wise man, it's just normal technology. That's that's you view my messages to me only your southern Middlardin's car. Because what I did. I went to the village where he was and I was like, hey, buddy, hey pal, you know this car here in this photograph? Where is it? And I tracked it down and I'm like, huh, how much is this to buy? Eight thousand dollars? Okay ring ring? Hello auction house? How much would my this met worth? One point two million? And then I'm like, wow, this is great business, you know, think about it. So to me, this is nowhere and business sense really yeah.
Speaker 2: So Miles, you know, Miles, I've I've I'm not like, uh what, I've talked to a bunch of people and I've seen a bunch of stuff. So I'm willing to believe that, like, uh, whatever whoever you are and whatever you're doing is authentic. I'm willing to believe. I'm I'm more, I genuinely mean this, willing to believe that you owned Osama bin Laden's car and that you are this guy than than that you're pulling a prank on me. But I do I I let's start from the very beginning. So how do you not scare the hose. Yeah, we'll get into that, but I want to know. Hold, well, come on, we'll get into that. Let's let's go from the start, from the beginning. How old are you?
Speaker 1: Miles twenty six but my hairline saints forty?
Speaker 2: And uh, where are you from? Originally?
Speaker 1: Unfortunately the very dangerous play. I'm kind of used to that. I'm from this place called Birmingham. It's like the Detroit of England.
Speaker 2: And how did you start going to Afghanistan?
Speaker 1: Well? I kind of went there by accident. So I was about to start this job and they had this program during COVID where they'll pay for your holiday beforehand to kind of, you know, get you ready for insane hours. But because it was COVID, there were only two options. One was Albania and one was Afghanistan. So I decided to go to Afghanistan. And then three days later the Taliban took over and I was kind of stuck there with the military, so I just kind of walked around for Selvy stick and filmed some of it. It was kind of fun and I've never drank alohol before that, but its photos and me doing shots with the British military before we got evacuated. I mean that was kind of like my first taste of it.
Speaker 2: And how did you make friends with the Taliban?
Speaker 1: Well, I had this tour guide who was there with me at the time, and he kept begging me in my DMS afterwards, saying he's gonna be killed by the Taliban. So I planned to get him out by smuggling him to Pakistans I guess human trafficking technically, but in a wholesome way, and I flew back there, and then when I got in the country, he basically backed out chicken now the last second. So I ended up going to this hotel. There wasn't a hotel. I walked into a Taliban compound by accident, and then we just watched cricket together around TV and ate food and it was kind of chill. And then I saw some Taliban merge that they gave to me, and I started sending it on eBay, like flags, Mirsberry patches, stuff like that, like uniforms and stuff, and autistic people really liked that stuff.
Speaker 2: You know, why did why did the tour guide ask you for help getting away from the Taliban?
Speaker 1: That's a good question. You had a really bad taste in I guess people. I guess that's why he got captured. He just wasn't good at decision making. Yeah, but I think he's doing fine now. I think he finally got the US. But I think he's stund like a year in jail or something because he used to work for the Americans.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and where are you calling me from? Are you in England right now?
Speaker 1: Unfortunately? Yeah, it's three dangerous here, Honesley.
Speaker 2: And you go back and forth between England and Afghanistan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, basically. I know the CEO of the Afghan National Airline and he jokes a flight from Kabalta London would count it as a domestic flight.
Speaker 2: Oh why, what's the joke?
Speaker 1: Well, the same type of people are there, and sometimes in London you just get stabbed. And sometimes I'm walking around London and there's this language that the Taliban speak. It's very a sting language called Pashtu, and I speak some of it, you know, you pick it up and I'm walking down the streets of London randomly and I just hear it. I just hear it, and I have like vinam slashbacks of the Taliban and I can tell that guy is Askhan and we kind of lock eyes sometimes. And sometimes I'm in this Afghanistan restaurant in Cabul and then some guy would come up to me and he speaks perfect English and he goes, oh, yeah, I'm Taliban. I live in London. And once I went to the village or somewhere Billaden called Tora Bora. I went there food relief efforts, and one guy showed me a selfie of him in front of Big Ben and he's like ice. He was like, former isis? So I looked mortified, and he's just laughing and walks away. It's kind of an concerning I don't even know what to do about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is your main job. How do you make a living? How do you exist?
Speaker 1: Well, I buy something the cheap and I sell it more and she's honest, our money is good. I means again, or someone belongs car eight thousand dollars probably twenty thousand on exporting a bunch of random.
Speaker 2: But also I assume Wassamon Land probably had many cars. So this is one. This is not like like it's crazy. Here's the thing. Like I believe you because I feel sure? Why not? I mean, I've met I'm aware of the existence of like people like you who just get are you? Are you autistic?
Speaker 1: I mean, what do you think?
Speaker 2: What do I think?
Speaker 1: I think?
Speaker 2: Well, you keep alluding to it. I would assume it would be real here.
Speaker 1: It's kind of you know. I mean if you said yes, I wouldn't be shocked, Like what normal normal person comes up with this? You know?
Speaker 2: So you are Are you making this up? No?
Speaker 1: No, no, it's definitely true. Remember I sent you pictures and I think Google my name is you?
Speaker 2: Actually? Hold on, I'm up our chats because you did send me. But did you send me pictures of you?
Speaker 1: I think I did. I just send you some pictures right now, actually, let me just get.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I remember you Ward Miles something on Instagram. Oh yeah, I remember you. Okay, yeah, here you.
Speaker 1: Go, there you go, let me pictures.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, I remember yeah, why do you? Okay, I remember this exactly. Yeah, that's the picture of you. Okay, I see you and then yeah you sent me.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I watched you when I was in Taliban jail. I had a little bit of internet access, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's you're kind of funny. Thanks man. Thanks, Yeah, here's a picture of you with a SpongeBob tapestry with with the Taliban.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they they They have a growing in bart sector, the injured. The economy is booming obviously.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, you are one hundred percent. I I unless if you're using AI to fuck with me, which I'm not even I'm not gonna get I think you're telling the truth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean sometimes it kind of feels a bit bizarre, even on my end. But no, definitely telling the truth. There's some there's some articles about me online. You know, I've got a Twitter account where I post pictures of it, of everything.
Speaker 2: What's the hell do I find this article?
Speaker 1: So let me send you something. I'll send you a link, okay.
Speaker 2: Send text okay, texted to me, texted to me. Don't send it to me on the DM because I can't look at I don't I can't find that ship I got you. I mean, actually I can't. I send it on either one. I don't care.
Speaker 1: Like this one's quite funny. I'll stinger this now, rip my phone bill, let's see. Okay, all right, I'm to think I'm going to send you a few Yeah.
Speaker 2: Here we go. YouTuber Lord Miles says he is willing to pay Isis one hundred thousand pounds if they can take him out in England.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I got threatened by ISIS. So I kind of put a bounty on my head and for eight months I had like a cold storage white like like some physical bitcoin around my neck to the value of one hundred cane. I just walked around. So if Isis could kill me, yeah, they could just take the bounty. But they didn't. Bitches. You know, they kind of ruined my haliday sometimes. And yeah, they threatened me in Afghanistan, so I just keep threatening them back. And whilst I was in Taliban jail, I got to slap one. That's a whole other story the yeah.
Speaker 2: Why did you? Oh yeah, here's okay, here's a bb there's a BBC article h four British men freed after Afghanistan detention. Oh fuck, yeah, dude, you're insane. Okay, all right, because I know a lot of people are probably listening to this thinking that you're no, you're yeah, you're real. Yeah, Okay, you want see some selfish in me in jail? No, I mean some of what you want, but I'm I'm more interested in talking to you, Okay, Yeah, Like this is a picture Miles, like, I say, your last name previously said he traveled to Afghanistan because he enjoyed. Okay, so yeah, you went to fucking yeah, you totally are not lying to me. You went to Taliban jail.
Speaker 1: I mean, it happens the best.
Speaker 2: But you know, why did why how did you end up in Taliban jail?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, so it's leged allegedly I was weapons feeling. I was apparently allegedly buying up weapons from the Taliban and selling them to Ukraine. But you know, there's no evidence I went through a bit. But also there were there were three other British men and they were basically all spies, and I stayed at the same hotel as one. So the Taliban put two and two together and thought, oh, this British guy, this Miles guy, I might be a spy. And also I was starting a gold mine in the country and I didn't have a permit to go to a certain region, so I got in trouble. But then I've got the I is real recognized as real. And then about month and dinto my imprisonment, they start like treating me like royalty. It's quite nice, you know, and eventually I treated like the networking events and they led me like even my guards were told. I was told by the commander that my guards were now my servants. So I would actually give them some money, so I call cash on me. I would give them me for my prison cell, and they would bring me anything I want. So I had like my gaming laptop without internet access for a while, and I would just sit back and chill and play video games like my guards. The photo I send you on Instagram, my guards let me have one of their weapons and I chase them around the compounds with their own weapon, and they were screaming like little girls. And to be honest, it was kind of a lad's harday, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Miles, Yeah, so I mean to go back to what you were saying initially, there's really no way that you're going to be able to have a conversation with a normal person without them getting freaked out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's kind of my fear. You know, how do I how do I kind of channel this into a normal career. You know, it's just some wording unkey use. Can I just perhaps never talk about him? Live a double life? Almost?
Speaker 2: How do you channel this into your normal career.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, I just can't relate to normal people.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm sure you can't. Do you have a weird Europe? You have a weird existence. I don't know how. I listen. I don't know how you got there. I don't know what you're thinking. But I also but Miles, I believe what's the thing. What's the Jesus thing about? Like that? You can't there's nowhere too far? You can't come go? You can come home? Yeah, I believe you can come. You can come home, you can. I don't do you want to be a normal I don't know. I don't know what's up with you, Miles. Do you want to just be like a normal guy? Like you go to like, listen, here's the thing. I don't know what it is. And I just fully believe you because a I've been a version of you, not like I don't I don't really want to hang out with the Taliban. I think you know what. I'm not going to talk to you about that, but uh, you know, yeah whatever doing weird stuff. And then like I've also met people like you have like whatever, but yeah, you see you want to just what like what do you want to do with your life. I mean, you're a young guy, Like, well, how do you do you want to keep doing this crazy crap or do you want to? Like what do I do?
Speaker 1: Well? I did plan a coup for long story, but I even want to do very grand things all the same time. I just want to I guess I want to strike up a conversation with someone and then within a few days they don't google my name and find something weird, you know, so I'd have to create another identity, or you know, I can just lessen the impact of this whole thing. I don't know. I want. I want to be able to start new friendships without people fan going over me, if that makes sense. You know, it's kind of one sided double ways. I go to church and then you know, the people go, oh my god, what'd you do this time? Oh tell me about it? And I go, oh, let me. Maybe you should tell me about yourself sometime, like nonsense. My life is boring and they just tell me about big songs about me and increas a weird dynamic, you know, because when you when you go out, when you go out, you tell people you dress as a gecko. Right, Yes, I mean I'll assume you actually no getto right. I don't know, however, you know it kind of a I guess the normal people that kind of creates a weird dynamic and either they like you for money or fame or you know, at tension.
Speaker 2: See what I mean, I know exactly what you're trying to say. Uh, And I have a lot of thoughts on it is okay, like yeah, sure, Like I'll like, I mean, yeah, like sure, I'll go out and talk to people and then it'll come up that I'm like, you know, go to interesting places as a gecko, and they'll want to talk about it, and then like, I'll talk about it for a little bit and then I'll be like, what do you do? How's your life? You know, and then we'll start talking about that. I mean, it'll just be a normal conversation. Can I ask you this and be honest with asked? Just and it's okay, by the way, just there's no shame and no judgment. Do you when you tell people? Because listen, you do a thing and you know you do it. You did it to me and I do a version of it. But when you say to someone at a party or whatever, you say, yeah, I sold I once sold Osama bin Laden's car. Uh, They're gonna be like what you know, and then you're gonna start telling them about all this Taliban stuff and like listen, but at any point in time, they're gonna have of course, they're gonna have a lot of questions. At any point in time, you can just be like, yeah, but what's going on with you? And you can just not stop you stop talking about it if they want. You can let them lead if they want to talk about it, but eventually they're gonna not you know, I mean, you listen, you have an infinite amount of crazy uh stuff that you can talk about it. But if you don't, if that's not what I feel like, and look, correct me if I'm tell me it, be honestly, do you secretly like it? It's okay if you do. I don't think there's anything wrong with it. It's just a body who you are. But do you like being do you like the attention?
Speaker 1: I do to some degree, though you know, it only goes so far as that makes sense, and it kind of it kind of yo yos. You know, I feel like I feel like sometimes it's like it's like, you know, I guess if it's a if. It's like if you're a handsome person, I guess people talk to you and you like the intention, and then you wonder do people actually like you for you or just for the nice face. I guess, like, for example, I made some new friends once, and you know, we're hanging out for like two weeks on and off and always good in the world, and they don't know what I do. I just evaded to it. And then suddenly, when uber I'm a front seat to bear of him back, I get a phone call from like the head of foreign intelligence of the Taliban of the GDI, and it's like on a FaceTime call and he just sts chatting to me. He's dressed in you know, a robe and everything he ever, he has like an ak in a video. He's speaking to me, and I forget, you know, the people behind me don't know what I do. So I speak to him for two minutes. I look backwards and then mortified, and then the friends you're bended. It's like it's unavoidable, you know, Okay, Well, and now I can't excuse the long absences either, Like where'd you go for the last three months? Oh? Just abroad doing what where's the photos. It's like, ah, you know, it's like it's like being a retarded spider man almost. You know, everyone thinks should something else? You know you have to.
Speaker 2: But but okay, so now, well now we're on a bunch of different things, right, because if you're telling here's the thing, and it sounds like I don't have okay, okay, it sounds like I don't have to explain to you why working for the Taliban might make it difficult for you to make friends with normal people.
Speaker 1: That's true, but you're telling me.
Speaker 2: But you're telling me. You're telling me that you would like to live a normal life. So listen, if you want to live a normal life, you're probably gonna have to give up working for the Taliban.
Speaker 1: Oh shucks, but you already knew that. I guess, but that's true. But it's like, I guess that's a w I do. I guess. Oh, you just help me realize something. I guess that's my entire density at this point. Yeah, I just need to I need to create a new thing.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing, though, I like you see him. And by the way, I I it's so funny because I'm like, listen, I'm looking. I'm looking at these articles you sent me, and you're not lying to me. You're telling me the truth. I believe you one hundred There's a lot more.
Speaker 1: Well, it's like, what's who's Epstein without the island? You know?
Speaker 2: But okay, but okay, let me level with you on this. Okay, you clearly are a little insane, thank you, and you like doing insane stuff. But can I can I introduce you to the possibility that you can still do grand, insane, weird uh stuff that you feel excited to talk to other people about that makes you feel like you're living a grand, adventurous life that doesn't involve working for the Taliban.
Speaker 1: I guess I mean I did. I did kind of have a stint in Ukraine and that was good. Everyone gave me positive reception for that. You know when you tell when you when you mentioned like normal people at your friends with Taliban, you know it kind of it doesn't You don't usually get positive reaction, you know, you don't, you know, Yeah.
Speaker 2: What were you doing? I was also just in Ukraine? What were you doing in Ukraine?
Speaker 1: Oh? I shouldn't admit this, screw it? Okay, So I was in Ukraine as the war begun, and then I faked a press pass, so I basically got my university lanyard, and then I went in MS Paints and I created this terrible like press pass and I printed out on like black and white paper, glued it with Elmo glue over my university lanyard, and then just like put it on a lanyard around my neck. And then I would go near the front lines or checkpoints and it's flash it and I dress apart and it was the early days of the war, so they just didn't care, so he just let me through. And I like streamed most of this too, and I ended up being in the front lines of the war and my car broke down during curfew, so I'm walking around. I get ambushed and then I joined this random unit. We're going through a school, you know, hiding I guess. We basically get bombarded with I guess artillery. I school collapsed on top of us when we're in the basement. I walked through the underground rail network in Karkiff to get back to the city and then I, yeah Cargiff and then I go back to Polands. We buy a second car and then we just drive food aid in and then drive refugees out, and that got positive reception. I'm trying good.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry you joined you joined a random I'm sorry you joined a random unit of Ukrainians.
Speaker 1: Or just for like a few nights, you know, I.
Speaker 2: Was I didn't know. I didn't I was just trying. I was just trying to clarify which which society you were fighting on.
Speaker 1: I've been advited to Russia, but I've got to be honest. I don't trust him. You know, I'm not really Russian to go.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm sure you have. I'm sure you have. Uh yeah, I mean I'm sure like I mean yeah, that's like you were basically like a volunteer soldier on the side of Ukraine.
Speaker 1: Well, I could think it's a friend that actually joined the Ukrainian Army. So his name's Will and he's British. He's in the front lines and he's killed like thirty five Russians. He works as a drone part and he just sends me like you know, like you know, when you score on the Instagram reels he come across like a live leak video. He creates his own. Basically, he just sends me footage of him like drawing striking Russians, and I think, why have I created? You know, so, even in the goodness of my heart, when I was doing good, charitable things, it basically created twenty five murders. I understand it's war, but like I think I'm kind of responsible for that.
Speaker 2: Miles, I'm gonna bring I'm gonna let's really myles, I'm gonna really back in. Okay, Yeah, So, and you know what I don't I've I've I've confirmed that you're telling me the truth. And I'm gonna also assume that you're genuinely asking me to work this, work through this, like.
Speaker 1: What what what should I do for a lifestyle?
Speaker 2: Well, okay, you're clearly addicted tom to quote the lot to quote a line from the Grand Theft Auto five trailer, You're clearly addicted to chaos. And I think there are way if you you're clearly addicted to chaos, which is not an inherently bad thing. I am also clearly addicted to chaos in a lot of ways, and it's made a lot of normal life things hard for me. And I've tried to find and I've actually gotten pretty good at figuring out how to structure my life in such a way that I can feed my desires for chaos but also live some my own version of a conventional normal life. I think that you should find ways to feed your desire for chaos that like, you know, hey, listen, I think work for the Taliban is probably a bad idea. I think it's probably a bad idea.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, that's true. It kind of has playing me good money. But you know, I can just end it like that.
Speaker 2: I mean, okay, but if it's mezing, I guess. But listen, if it's made you good money, yeah, listen, here's the thing. If you've been doing this and it's made you good money and you're out, it's You're like, it's like being a fucking gangster man. It's like, it's like you're out. If you're out of the game, you get out of the game alive, right, And now you're like, and now what I'm hearing from you is both this thing of a I want to I mean, I don't know if I'm hearing this few, but I'm gona assume it from you. It's like a I want to devote my life to things that are more ethical, uh, and then be I want to devote my life to like I just want to be like a normal ass guy with like a girlfriend and friends who's not like, uh, you know, scaring people away by telling them that I'm working for the Taliban, you know what I mean. And I think you can do those two things. And I think and I think that if you take your money right and you're like, all right, let me just stay right there, and then you go, Okay, well, how can I use my capital now to do things that are ethical and nice and also like set me up for some sort of normal existence. And there's a lot of creative answers to those questions, and like, listen, man, there's all sorts of like there's a lot of great adventures out there for you to have that don't involve working for the Taliban. And then also if you want to like go fucking you know, decide what your base city is, right, Like you want to just live in Birmingham and have friends and like go to the bar. You don't want to live in or move to London moved to go find like a community of people somewhere. Go join a community of people somewhere, Like, go go somewhere where you can like, uh, fuck it, like, what do you like to do? Man? You like playing video game? Like like, okay, I clearly listen, you clearly like doing a bunch of crazy insane shit, But like, what do you like doing? That's normal? You like playing video games? What else?
Speaker 1: Because I like, I played four Nice Little Bits Wolst in Saudi Arabia recently. I like reading books, I like going to coffee shops and just I guess, just doom scrolling a little bit. Okay, Oh god, I actually have no real hobbies. Oh god, what kind of du No?
Speaker 2: No, you kind of do? You have no video games? Yeah? You like you like traveling, I guess.
Speaker 1: But like, that's a white woman in the early twenties on Instagram thing, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, but also yeah, but you're also white in your twenties doing it. It's okay, it's okay.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I'm a basic like woman.
Speaker 2: No, that's true, and so it's gonna be a basic white way. Why is it?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 2: Why are replacing We're placing judgment values on things for no reason? Can I tell you something? Because here's the thing I'm sure you've interacted, like, because listen, do you feel the way I listen, I'm trying to like approach you because I'm being I'm being like, I'm trying to be really genuine ingenuous with you because I believe you, and I believe that you're like I believe you're making a genuine appeal. And so there's been plenty of times right when you're talking, because you said you seem like you're placing a lot of value judgments on things. There's plenty of times where you're like talking to some lady and she's looking at you like this guy is like insane, and you're looking at her like she's basic, and it's like just drop everything and just exist, you know what I mean, Like take away the fucking the the veils of everything for like a second here and just exist. What do you want to do? It's okay to travel and run around and be like, oh, I want to connect with people. I want to have weird novel experiences that are interesting to talk about. There's like ethical, productive, safe ways to do that that won't leave you with this life that makes you be like, oh, I'm like this weird, like Pariah e crazy, I have no ground. You gotta you gotta like you can you can live that life, but do it on the foundation of something that like just grounds you into fucking reality, because it sounds like you've just been in in outer space for pretty much all of your adult life, you know. And and and I kind of know a little bit, but I've never worked for the Taliban, but I I I kind of know a little bit what that feels like, you know. So just just.
Speaker 1: Just a lot of overlap with being a geck go, I get that.
Speaker 2: Little but like, just you know, I believe. I believe that you can create a life where you feel grounded and as if you can connect with other people, but can also feed your chaotic desires in a way that is not destructive to yourself and society.
Speaker 1: I did have one project, and you know, the legacy means a lot to me. I want people to hopefully remember me one day. And the positive thing is not just being friends with itally birds, you know. And I've always wanted to start my own country, and I have Oh why not, you know, I mean, you know, I don't I think it's possible, but also you know, I just think I just think it has to end a disaster, you know. Wow, Well, I think it always happens to some degree, Like I started a goal mine in Afghanistan. Eight months jail, I go to Saudi Arabia. I spent three months there, you know, because they suspect on a terrorists. Long long story, you know. See, things just seem to follow. So what I was considering is, you know that Haiti is in a state of like borganization right now, a bunch of civil wars due to different terroristic factions fighting each other and capitalizing one another and eating children as such.
Speaker 2: Right maybe I don't know, I don't sure, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the state. Well, there's an island of north called Tortica, and you might know if from prior to the Caribbean, and it had a population of like ten thousand people, and they want separation from rest of Haiti. It's got a bunch of oil up north, and it has the highest deposits of iridium on the mainland, So a bunch of yummy minerals. And I'm thinking, I mean speaking to some of these people through Airbnb and some contacts I have on the island, and I think with about fifteen million dollars, I can create a coup on the island and basically install new government and declare independence because all the factions on the mainland are constantly fighting, I need to raise a little bit more money. But yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Said, you didd fifteen million dollars total.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's to sustain a population of two thousand foreigners, so American, Europeans, whatever, in order to defend the island against any attack and also build enough infrastructure to be self sustaining within two years roughly.
Speaker 2: So what you would do is you would go to to what is this call I don't called Tortuga.
Speaker 1: Tortiga, Tortilla. So if you look on a map of Haiti, it's twenty miles in length roughly up north from Haiti, like a tiny, low sliver of an island, you know. I mean you look at a British Virgin Islands saying hits neighbors.
Speaker 2: It's a little yeah, it's a bit of okay, see you So okay. So you're telling me that there's a bunch of people on the island of Tortiga that want independence from Haiti, and you're thinking about going down there, uh, gathering enough money to start a coup and basically starting a war of independence from the island of Uh Tortiga against uh, the Haitian government, and I basically you would head that revolution and then uh hopefully in your plan, you would win and then declare a new country. That's that's your project.
Speaker 1: Basically as you do. Well, okay, here's the thing. There's no there's no guns on the actual island itself. It's not even got a police station. So you need to fund in that area.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you need to fund the independence war yourself. Yeah, yeah, that'll yeah, yeah, I think that'll. I think that'll scare the hose for sure, if you if that's your new plan, if that if that's what you were talking about not wanting to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, but then do the hose even have I guess a a an option, because you know, if I'm a world leader on an island, if I quite loosely am part of the UN or own a micronation, I think that's your I think I think they'll scare many hose, but also many hoses like that.
Speaker 2: In general. As a genuine question. Yeah, first of all, I still one hundred sent believe you that this is a project to think about doing, and I also believe you probably are You could probably figure out how to get that money if you're hanging out. Uh, well but listen, listen, listen, listen. Yeah, you said you're already you're already independently, Well, you already have fifteen million dollars.
Speaker 1: No, a few million, but not fifteen million.
Speaker 2: Okay, and you could easily figure out how to raise that money.
Speaker 1: Not easily, but I think it's worth exploring, and I think it's possible. You know, you hear people raising money for some dumb fuck app on social media, and you know, becoming a five hundred million dollar business withalue of launching. I feel like countries make money.
Speaker 2: Are you afraid of dying? Though? Like, if you do this, you might get like killed.
Speaker 1: This is going to sound, it's going to sound a little bit messed up, kind of excited forward to the most I'm found of excited. I'm I'm quite religiously Christian, So I believe if I die, if I've done things correctly, if I pray enough engineer repent, I go to heaven. Right, So I've got to be honest. I'm just tired, man, I'm a little bit tired. You know, I've been in prisoned a few times. I actually have no criminal record, bizarrely, and you know, dealing with these people from the Taliban to the North Koreans to Ukrainians and everything in between. And you know, again he shot out a few times and so on, you kind of to get a bit worn out. And of course, you know, I guess if you part of the army, you have, you know, someone directing you, so you kind of just follow instructions. But I have to do everything as I go, and then obviously, you know, it's obviously a bit lonely again.
Speaker 2: I'm yeah, of course.
Speaker 1: I'm in the city and I literally hear the voices of the Taliban sometimes walking down the street, and if I start speaking back to them in that language, they look bewildered. And I can't see to a normal person the I'm a white person, a British person who I could relate to. And then some of my friends are just friends of me because I have money and they're just lady bumps. I've got to be honest. And then you know, when I when I meet my girlfriend's parents, you know that's gonna be tough too. And sometimes, you know, the whole lifestyle obviously will damage relationships. When I went to prison, Babe in Taliban jail, kind of ended one my relationships, you know, And I don't blame her, because you know, if your boyfriend's Taliban jail, it's kind of a kind of tough to maintain a relationship. Taliban actually offered conjugal visits, but I said, no, that's a bit weird, you know. But yeah, it's a bit of a weird dynamic create Miles.
Speaker 2: Miles, Yeah, if I are you can I ask you, Cassie, if he thinks one is are you are you? Are you actually open to any perspective I might offer you on this. I'm gonna offer, but I'm curious I could genuinely I I'm gonna assume you mean that genuinely.
Speaker 1: No, genuinely, I wouldn't be calling you if I wouldn't waste your time, basically.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, Miles. I believe that if you're like going out to the front line, I mean, if you're going out to the front lines of Ukraine and you're like doing all this up with the Taliban, I believe, first of all, I believe you. I believe that all this stuff happens. I believe that you have a thing in you that, uh, whether it's because of your disposition or because of your religion or whatever. I believe you have something in you that's really tired and doesn't care if you die. And I believe that if you really wanted to, you could totally figure out a way to go down to the island of Tortuga and fund an independent military coup against the government and start your own country, and that you might totally get kidnapped or die in the process of doing that. Like I don't, I really don't think you're fucking with me. And I just want to say to you because you like, I feel like the fact that you're calling me and asking me for advice on this means some part within you doesn't want to die or doesn't want to like like that you you're just tired, and you're just like, fuck, man, my life has been so fucking weird and I can't relate to anybody because if I talk to anybody about this stuff, like it's I just feel insane, Like there's just my life has just been so fucking weird that there's no place for me anymore. So the only option that I have is to do this other grand, insane thing that might result in my death. And like, listen, man, you could do that, but like me personally, I would enjoy seeing the version of Lord Miles that lives to his thirties, forties, fifties, sixties and seventies, having found a way to channel his energy into something where you can still be a businessman and you can still do things that are exciting but not fucking die or challenge dangerous government's head on. You know, Like, I just don't want you to like do a bunch of reckless shit just because you don't care about your life, like like I think you do. I think you do care about your life, you know.
Speaker 1: So you know, you know, I've had some friends for three or four years and they haven't said anything like that, and they haven't had as much respective that you have. You've honestly told me things that you know I could articulate mentally, but that makes perfect sense. And honestly, you give me better a boce and a lot of people I've known for many years. You are great and it's why I called you.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Yeah, of course, man.
Speaker 4: I mean it's just like I just think, like you're twenty six, man, Like there's there's whatever the fuck your life has been so far, there's something after it I mean it'll be really you know, I mean, like.
Speaker 2: Like listen, I've I've maybe it's because I went to you. I did not I have not been to the front lines of Ukraine and I've not been to Afghanistan. But like I've like you're but like, you know, whatever, I've met people, I've read things like nothing you're saying is like what There's no way that any of that could possibly be true? Like we live in an insane universe, and I think it's maybe hard for uh people to grasp that, and it's going to be hard for people to grasp that for you. But I think if you just like kind of approach the rest of your life like humbly, you know, you there's there's there is life beyond whatever your life has been, uh thus far, you just have to kind of find of, Yes, you have a girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, she's wonderful. She's she's ansty great she so she basically just DMed me. I've got a little bit of a following. She DM me and we've just been talking ever since. She's very sweet. I don't want to go too much detail. There's some weird people out there that might try and you know, doc her or something. But she's just she's just wonderful. I talk about her for hours. She's she's anaty, the best. I want to give her everything, and you know, I just want children someday, sooner rather than later. I want to get married. I want to give her cute little things I want to do, you know, boyfriend and girlfriend stuff together. You know, I just want to make her happy basically, And you know, she kind of likes this stuff, and I don't want to die obviously for her. Yeah, Email, I have that feeling that you described. It's like, I'm not I'm not you know, walking on landmines to see if they go off. You know, I've got some preservation amongst myself. But sometimes I just kind of think, you know, if I if I get shot out, be okay, you know.
Speaker 2: And I like, can I do you want to be anonymous on here? Because I know you do have a file. I mean people can probably find you. He's I mean, we said your name.
Speaker 1: Trust me, they people know me. It's all good, all right?
Speaker 2: So can I say what your thing is?
Speaker 1: My my ex? Or no?
Speaker 2: Like, no, you're a YouTube channel and shit.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah sure, yeah, yeah, okay, so.
Speaker 2: You're lord miles. Yeah, okay, yeah, you have a you have a Wikipedia page.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean when I was a kid, I thought, you know, Wikipedia page also official. But it just kind of happened one day. You know, do you have a Wikipedia page?
Speaker 2: I did not have a Wikipedia page.
Speaker 1: Someone making a Wikipedia page. This happened. Yeah, I've got to be honest. When I was in Taliban jail, I had I had some Internet access, so there was an unsecured Wi Fi hotspot nearby on this laptop. I remember distinctly downloading on your podcast as an MP free file and listening to it, and like, that's how. That's how I know you. Like, I respect what you do a lot, and you're very funny and actually genuinely helpful to a lot of people. You know, there's been some clips moments out there. No, it's okay, the Taliban Gecko Alliance.
Speaker 2: But I don't know, I don't know. I'm gonna push back on Taliban Gecko alliance.
Speaker 1: For legal reasons, not true, true, for a lot of reasons.
Speaker 2: But but I will say, listen, but I believe you, and you're coming to your I think you're making a genuine I believe everything you're saying emotionally as well, and so.
Speaker 1: Like a conflicting feelings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, dude, like, okay, you you wrote a book, you're doing okay, dude, why don't you like dude, I feel like, okay when yeah, you have a following online, you're doing all this stuff, Like, dude, you could go you could go straight pretty easy. I think you know what I mean. Like, I like, I see like you love your Okay, you love your Let's hold sorry I got distracted a little bit. All right, so your girlfriend. I think I got distracted. I wanted to bring you up because I did want people. I think a lot of people are going to think that you're working with me. And then but this is a real conversation.
Speaker 1: No, no, I promise, Yeah I know you're not. I can then prove if you.
Speaker 2: Need I I already I already I know, I already I already know. But okay, so you love your girlfriend, she's great. Yeah okay, and and you and I but yeah, and uh, could you see yourself just having like a normal fucking life where you're like a family man and like you know, I'm kids.
Speaker 1: Would yeah, I would have to be doing something, but that makes sense. It might be I know, yeah, there has been something because I guess in a few years if I, if I want to, I'll never have to work again if I just you know, like for example, next thing is I'm going to sell a few tanks. Long story, but you know I've got time and money at that point, right, and so I need to occupy my time.
Speaker 2: Sorry, you have three million dollars.
Speaker 1: I don't want to say the exact amount, but it's a decent amount.
Speaker 2: Okay, why can't Yeah, I mean you can, like you can let you. I thought, do you not already have enough money? I mean you're not like retire in style, but is that not enough money already?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 2: Like do you need to be selling tanks and ship like? Like?
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, I feel like, imagine, imagine you had something similar like that in the nineteen seventies, right, not three million, but equivalent, you know, and then all the hyperinflation happened. You know how she used to be what ten thousand dollars? And then you know, all these years later, you know what made you rich in nineteen seventies, It's really tough you'd be rich in twenty fifty twenty five. That sort of money and then market crutches.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I did some moss.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes yes.
Speaker 2: Now now I know, I know, I know that your I know that your current financial plan is to buy and sell tanks. But have you ever heard of something called foreign and domestic index funds?
Speaker 1: I know, yeah, the Y s and P five hundred.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I could, dude, just like, Dude, Miles, just take the money that you've made, put it in fucking index funds and then go like do just dude, do like just get like I get it that you like, I get it that like selling tanks makes your dick hard, But like, why can't like what I refuse to believe?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, what I believe. What I believe is that A, you're clearly in some form of like strong disturbance over the way that you your current lifestyle is subconsciously. So you're what, You're in some form of disturbed. I mean you you wouldn't be we wouldn't be having this conversation if it were in fact that you're you're in some form of disturbance or some kind of mental uh no, no, no, uh cognitive dissonance. You're in some form of cognitive dissonance.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I look at people I look at I look at people working sixty hours a week barely gain by. Why don't you sell tanks? You know what I mean? It would be in a lot better financial position.
Speaker 2: You know what, you know? Sure, sure, but selling tanks doesn't have to literally mean selling tanks, like you, there's a lot I.
Speaker 1: Mean I'm taking yeah, but I'm taking tanks away from the Taliban. I mean, you know, it's kind of a good thing, I guess, you know, if you kind of anti Taliban, and they're not they're not modern times like World War one wants. It's just some collector in the US would like get hot on for it, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But like like if you're three million dollars, but like buy a fucking laundromat.
Speaker 2: Dude, like you have, what do you want to do with all this here? Let me ask you this, Let me ask you this, what kind of because here's the thing, right, you can you can if you if you really want to go and like get yourself into even more crazy trouble for money, like whatever, but like what do you want to do with this money? Dude? Like like you must have an idea because retirement you must have an idea before you want to like go do all this crazy stuff and like make a You have to have an idea of like what you actually want your life data day to look like. Right, And then you might find that whatever that life is does not require you to like need ten million fucking dollars, right, Like you might just be like you might be like, oh, I want to fucking go to like a some nice suburb of England and buy a house and live with my girlfriend and have kids and like whatever. And you might find like, oh, actually, not only do I not need ten twenty million dollars from selling tanks to live this lifestyle, but actually the actions and the behaviors that go into the lifestyle that selling fucking tanks for the Taliban requires me to live actually takes me very far away from the lifestyle I actually want to live, were I to sit down and think of it. And then you're doing this like weird circumventation where you're like spending time doing a bunch of crazy shit to make money to fund a lifestyle that you could just be living. Like skip the middleman, dude, Like just what do you what life do you.
Speaker 1: Want to live? I've got to be honest, I have a nice apartment. I'm just renting. If I own a property, it means I have to pay income task and don't pay income tax a moment. But I'm kind of minimalist. I actually sleep on the floor like a pillow and a quilt. I don't really need money to be I guess contempt. I would like a nice environment, like a like a nice desk or something, okay, But so then I don't really need I think I'm just gaining money for the sake of money. I used to be Yeah, you're you're very poor. Yeah, I group like on I guess the equivalent to welfare it's benefits of the UK. And I was. I was so poor I couldn't afford like a DS. I really wanted a DS as a kid. I never got one, like an attendo DS, and and then I was homeless eighteen. It was a crappy family situation. But I think I'm just one monthly for that security if that makes sense, that mental security. But you already have it, you know, I just.
Speaker 2: It just but also yeah, but also.
Speaker 3: Like you also have to like like nothing's free, you know what I mean, Like, like what security are you giving up by doing this crazy stuff.
Speaker 1: You know, that's a good point. I mean I've almost been like mock mock executed like a few times. Yeah, dude, you know. But also at the same time, like, despite me almost being executed, I never felt more alive. I think I'm an adrenaline junkie.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you're probably you're a dreas Listen, I'm zero. I feel like I feel like I'm a version of an adrenaline junkie. I'm definitely not to your level of an adrenaline junkie, but I I I sympathize with the the feeling and I'm telling you And by the way, dude, you're kind of like it's like a it's like Walter White. Have you ever seen Breaking.
Speaker 1: Bed Well, I'm boldings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like Barth White. It's like if it's like the whole the whole show. He keeps going, I'm doing this for the family. I'm selling meth for the family. I'm selling it for the family. And at the very end, Skyler, his wife is like quit saying you're doing it for the family. He goes, he goes, he goes, no, I'm not he goes, I did it for me. I did it because I like you're doing it because you're addicted to the adrenaline of the thing. And I and what I'm saying is, I see in you a guy who wants to live.
Speaker 1: I see it.
Speaker 2: I see in you like half a guy who doesn't give a shit if he dies because of uh the the whatever the fuck thing. I see within you a guy who doesn't give a shit if he dies, but also a guy who really wants to uh live. You know, you're capable of uh loving your girlfriend, You're capable of uh wanting to just like a desire for new and novel experiences. I guess I understand that it's hard if you've uh lived this insane life that you've lived, to uh find pleasure and enjoyment in things that don't involve you almost getting fucking executed. I I know, I know, I know, I know how that feels. But I think I refuse to believe that you have sentenced yourself forever to a life where you must put yourself in uh an insane amount of danger to feel normal. If I don't, I don't have I don't have the It's gonna take, It's gonna take a longer process than just like this phone call to figure out what that lifestyle would look like. But I just I just refuse to believe that you're now like sentenced to a life where you need to fucking overthrow the government of Haiti to feel normal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does seem like a problem. Yeah, I guess, I don't know. I kind of guess the people around me keep egging me on a little bit, and they of course.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just I like the idea of these things, Like if if some it's all made a movie about I think it would be like a like an aesthetic and it makes sense like a post nati to download. But also it's actually I do acknowledge it is retarded, like a really stupid, dangerous lifestyle. But like I think there's a few easier ways to make a few million dollars, you know what I mean, Like there's some easier way to do this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's listen, you're already like way do I feel like people do that? Like, okay, listen, like just take the money you already have and like just do something that's less uh you know.
Speaker 1: I mean I thought about I did by you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Well, I basically wanted to start this a podcast, like do you know this? Like, for example, I just want to go to I guess I want to go to these interesting countries, right, like the same reason you went to Iraq. And instead of like doing this dangerous business when I almost get executed, I just want to sit down with I guess, dangerous but interesting people, just a normal conversation, and I guess to a podcast. Like there's this one guy who's called General but naked in Liberia and he was a cannibal and I've been meshing on WhatsApp. He seems kind of you and I become a Christian. He's repented and he's doing some good stuff. Now you know, obviously what he did eating children's heart, that's a bit messed up. But you know, he wants to he wants to meet up with me, and he's a fan of me, and I think like he could be the first podcast guy for me, you know, but he can just I can go there. I get my cameraman, we film like a two hour conversation. We get some clippers to clip the whole thing, some good editing, some good lighting, and I think if I do bad cross several other countries, like I've got this one North Korean diplomat in the EU who's interested, And I don't know, do you think that's a good middle ground? I don't or not.
Speaker 2: I actually know exactly who you're talking about, because he have you ever seen the Book of Mormon? Not a musical, no, that music in the book. There's a character in the Book of Mormon called General but fucking Naked, who's based off of General butt Nake. I've heard of this guy before. Oh yeah, what do I think about that?
Speaker 1: I mean, I would because I think you can go to any country and not have problems just as a quick taurus like I've seen white women go to like Somalia and Libya that you just don't arrive in like instantly die or something.
Speaker 2: Yea, there, I mean you here's the thing. I'd be a hypocrite if I told you to like completely stop right, because I uh, I'm I also have a bit of a bug of like, uh, I mean, I don't. I don't try to go out of my way to talk to dangerous people. I just try to talk to fucking whoever. But I think I just think you should like not try not to get too in over your head and try not to do things with this idea of like I don't give a fuck if I die or not. You know know, Fuck, it's hard for me to dude, it's honestly so hard for me to have this conversation with you just because like I I mean, I I'm I'm nowhere near I don't like, I'm not into like crazy hardcore ship. But I also I've had the same like conversations with my friends before, like going to Iraq or Ukraine where they're like I mean, but also like I don't know, I but I but I'm I'm not as hard like I. I wouldn't go to the front lines of Ukraine, you know, I went to Kiev.
Speaker 1: Of like, yeah, you have common sense? Yeah, once again though real recognize is real?
Speaker 2: Okay, let me ask you this though, Let me ask you this, yea, just because do you have do you I want to talk about just your normal life? Like do you you have friends? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's it's a close knit so called don't makes sense?
Speaker 2: Who are these friends? Like do they and you said that.
Speaker 1: They are well.
Speaker 2: Like like literally two.
Speaker 1: Of them, Like what do you know? Two of them? I make up I make up thirty percent of the Afghan Tourism Ministry. So I do a bunch of tours there. Two I just charge people like free k ahead to bring them to Afghanistan in groups of ten or so. And you know, I met a few of them and they're like minded and we just kept in contact afterwards. That's good. And I've got one friend who who is trying to start an airline, like a shipping freight service. And he's kind of crazy too. He it's it's really bizarre, Like he's even crazy in me in many ways. I just like I kind of admire it to some degree, but it also scares me. Like, for example, I was into Saudi Arabia under investigation. I was like arrested there and I was under surveillance clearly. But he walks into a Starbucks in Saudi Arabia and just goes, oh, hello, hh, can I have the Hitler coffee? And they would just be like, oh, yeah, sure because they're not English speaker natively, and they'll just give him his coffee. But he just does that in public situations friend of anyone. He just he's a definition of going the hose. It's a really good friendship. Like he would just walk into any retail store, cafe if it's England, America, he lives in Australia or even Saudi Arabia, like it happened with us, and he would just walk in and go hello, h h you know it's central Ohio and he would go can I have the Hitler cappuccino? And they just wouldn't even look up, and they'll go, yeah, okay, there'll be two dollars and you'll pay okay, And he.
Speaker 2: Does that everywhere. Yeah, it sounds like you have It sounds like your social circle is full of a lot of guys who like are like edgy people who like to provoke yeah and think okay. So yeah, it sounds like your social circle is filled with a lot of like edge people who like to provoke. And I it. I would have to take a gander and say that when you say some shit like I'm thinking about starting a a coup in Haiti, that the friend of yours who's going around, you know, saying like fucking like doing this kind of stuff, I get the sense that that friend is not going to respond to you by going hmm, what what would be best for miles? I assume he is going to respond to you by being like, oh that sounds awesome. Yes, please create further destructure please whatever. You know this this does not seem like a person. I mean, I listen, I don't know this dude, but it strikes me that his modest operendi is provocation more than it is like like you, like you got to surround yourself with people who I could give a fuck about, like you and your well being, not just like what's to do? So are like egging each other on to like do crazy shit.
Speaker 1: It kind of start on with that whole thing. Like when I when I got back to my apartments a few months after my birthday, I found, you know, an item was meant to be delivered to my house. I called up the shipping people. They delivered it because I was in to receive it, and it was a coffin. And I basically messaged the group chat saying, I just see the coffin in the mail whatstairs It's a threat. And one of my friends joked that he sent me a coffin because he's like, oh, most likely or die soon by you know, your efforts, So you know, we thought it be funny to send you on ahead of time. And they bought. It was like super duper funny, but I kind of just said that. I cofin for ten minutes. And I also slept in it because again it's a little bit more comfortable than the floor. It had padding, and I was like, huh, you know, you know I don't think my friends. Uh, I a super caring type. It's why I really my girlfriend. She's very sweet and caring. Yeah, my friend sent me a coffin. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the guy who the guy who goes around talking about Hitler. He doesn't sound like the sweetest guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot I can't say about him. It's maybe I'll tell you privately someday.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, let me Yeah, okay, what's your what's your relationship like with your parents? Your family at least like you got like do you have any.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, it's gonna be very telling. Oh, very I kind of hope this want to come up. But you don't have kids, you know, I want to I like, I want to be open, you know, I'll be honest because what's the find of you know, not being honest with therapist, right, because you're like.
Speaker 2: By the way, by the way, I'm not a real therapist.
Speaker 1: I'm sure, you know that next thing, next thing, you'll tell me. You know, getko, you're crazy. But anyway, I'm an IVS kid, so you know, I I don't know my real father. You know, no record, no DNA tests. Whyever, there's no laws where I can find out. It's a completely anonymous donation, right. And then my mother, she she wasn't the best. She had some sort of depression, some anger disorders. So I was basically and also an alcoholic. So I was left to my own devices most of the time. I was a very goody two shoes kid, like I was a kid who you said, all the homework and do the extra stuff, and you know I was. I was like a straight a goodie too, too goody two shoes students like never never like never got detention, only Tupe I got into. I denied the Holocaust once. Long story. But and then suddenly I don't know. I get to eighteen years old, and you know, there's been so many incidents when and the police because you know, she's quitelishly a crazy alcoholic. So at the age of eighteen, I secretly apply to university. I get in and and I just leave them the middle of the night when she's drunk, sleeping on the SETTI and I just walk out. I put my keys through the letterbox, I throw my SIM card away. Her new one in changed my email, and you know, never contacted her since she got my numbers somehow. I don't know how she managed to, but obviously I never answered. I just got a bunch of drunken voice messages for out the years, and then one day they just stopped as well. And then the last voice message I heard from her that she was living with my auntie who's also an alcoholic, and she was almost homeless too. But my idea was, seems like not the best person. You know, still my mother, but not the best, but also you know, I can't fix that. And at the same time, if she doesn't want to help herself at the age of like seventy in the.
Speaker 2: Way, I'm I'm sorry I didn't catch it. So your mom was so you were an IVF baby as and like your mom had you like as a single mom.
Speaker 1: She was in she's in relationship with a man, and then that man went to China for business and then he got hit by a bus and died. So she was getting on to like forty years old. And then she wanted a baby, so she went through IVS and then she had me. And at a time it was free because it was like the nineties, so I think it was like a semi new technology.
Speaker 2: Then you never had you never had paid for it, You never had a father. No, Okay, do you have a siblings or anyone? No?
Speaker 1: No, well from a DNA test, tennically two half sisters, But I don't know them. I don't know how to know them. It's just on a piece of paperwork basically. But yeah, there's no way to contact them. So it's just me. I'm a Taliban. I guess.
Speaker 2: I feel, you know what, it's funny. I mean, it's not funny, but but it's like, I mean, that's a class that's like a classic story. I mean, that's how people join like terrorist groups and gangs. Is like they don't have anyone else.
Speaker 1: Oh, I've never thought of it like that. That's quite a unique perspective, or maybe a common sense perspective. And I just, yeah, I see, Well, I don't. I haven't enjoyed the Taliban or anythink. I'm a strict Catholic. I even I even get into like religious debates with them. I just see the country has high barriers to entry because none is stupid enough stupidsiness there and yeah and just you know they're ever ruling people there, so you just have to feel that.
Speaker 2: So so okay, and then what's your all right? All right? Miles miles, miles miles, Yes, ye do you want do you want my advice?
Speaker 1: Of course?
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess I've been giving you advice, all righty, But.
Speaker 1: Be honest with me, be honest, okay, if you if you.
Speaker 2: Want to be honest with okay, if you want to be brutally honest with you, I think that, Okay, My my perspective is, I think you are surrounding yourself with a lot of like like Edgy four Channey, right wing provocateur, like crazy people who probably don't have your like best interests in mind, and that's probably rubbing off on you. And you're probably attracted to this because it's like after a lifetime of like not having like fitting in anywhere, maybe you've found the place that you can fit in among like the Taliban or among this crowd. And like I think that that crowd and that these things are just like leading you down a life where you're making more destructive decisions, and you clearly wouldn't be like talking. We wouldn't be having this conversation for so long if you weren't in some period of reflection as to whether or not these decisions were the best decisions for you. And so I kind of think that there is a way I believe, I don't know what exactly it is, but there's probably a way for you to ay, most importantly, find a community of people who actually have your best interests in mind. Dude, you're Christian, Yeah, dude, go join join a church, like seriously, go join Go join like a normal ass church. You should go join a normal ass You should find a place where you should find a place in the world that you want to live, that you want to have a family, that you want to have friends, that you want to have a community. Find a place in the world that you want to live. Go join a church, not a crazy ass church, just a normal church. Where twenty six year in New York City, I was at some fucking I did. I My friend took me there because she's a member. I just went randomly, the Movement Church or some whatever. There's all these churches where there's like people our age, just hanging out being normal. Uh, it'll it'll be an adjustment for you for a lot of reasons. But like, just find a fucking church where you can just like be around like regular ass people and be a part of a community, you know, and well do that and then like see if you can make friends with people and find a community where you feel like people have people really have your back and they're not just like around you because you are are are also a provocateur on the level that they are like you. Just you want to find your real friends, dude, because that's that's what's going to help you make good just better decisions.
Speaker 1: I guess. So go to a small town, join a church with young people, and then it's well, I'm a town, I'm a I'm a village guy. I would to go to London. That's dangerous, but yeah, I guess, go to a bunch of institutions, local businesses, become regular, strike up conversations.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, be a regular somewhere it just and just be and then just like to try to enjoy just being annoy normal fucking guy. There's a lot to enjoy it about it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know it sounds insane, but I'm always doing so many projects and at the same time, I just I just I just can't slow down, if that makes sense, Like.
Speaker 2: It makes perfect sense. You don't have to, don't you know you don't You don't have to abandon your projects, but you definitely need some balance, you know, like like just but like you got to find some balance, dude, Like you can still like like if you really want to fucking do like your your your wild uh form of journalism, I'd be a hypocrite to tell you not to, but I I can tell you. I'd be hypocrites to tell you not to. But I'm telling you from experience that you need to find a balance to it because you're because you can't. Just like I went to Ukraine, but then I came back and I'm like in New York and I have a community of people, and I'm like, have a normal I have a version of normal life to plant my feet on the ground, and I tried to do that really intentionally.
Speaker 1: That is what I tell you. How do you find a balance? Like how did you like hang up the mask when you get home?
Speaker 2: You know, I joined the I joined the coworking space in New York that I go to to like edit videos and stuff, and I made a bunch of friends there.
Speaker 1: Oh that sounds good.
Speaker 2: Actually, yeah, so like find you should find your version of like a community, just something where people don't know you as like Lord Miles the crazy YouTuber. They just know you as Miles and you're just like some You're just like a guy, you know, and like it's I I I bring up church because church is where I think a lot of is. Seems like it if you told me you played pickleball, I tell you to join a pickleball place. But like just find I'm but just like and then like and then like on the side, and then like when on the side you can go on your crazy missions. But like, if all you're doing is these crazy missions, you're just you're just gonna fling yourself into outer space so far that your head's going to be spinning around and you won't know where to you know, look, and it's just it's it's just too much, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. I guess I should band it out. I guess what I'll do is I'll move to a community. I'm always in the country, but I'll try and stick around a little bit more, and then what I'll do is I'll also do the podcast, I guess, because that allow me to transition to something else. If that makes sense, Well, you know, I'm still giving myself enough, I guess all they adrenine the bush.
Speaker 2: Also like the yea like the also the like the people who are around you, like walking around trying to find every reason to like piss other people off, even if they're your boys. It's like you got to really take a second to evaluate and go like, is this person is being around this guy like leading me closer to the life I want, like to I believe that this is like you know what I mean, and and don't don't have a scarcity mindset when it comes to other people, Like there's there's there's a lot of people on the planet that you haven't met that will change your perspective and add to your life. So if this like yeah, if the if the people around you who are like sending you a coffin and like joking about you dying and like all this shit, like like like take a second to evaluate if those are the folks you that'll kind of get you to where you want to be in life?
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, true it was a nice coffin, but not right now. There was one friend she kept. She basically kept like crying on the phone sometimes and cried once when we met up, and she was kind of worried about me, saying, oh, you know, I'm Mooragine's gonna happened to you? So on and so forth. And I used to always think that she was trying to hold me back a little bit, or she just didn't understand, because she's very poor herself, and you know, life hasn't gone too well for her, and she's making her own mistakes that I recognize, but for some reason she arms. But then I realized she's actually probably one of the few people that care. And she's said the same things that you've said. Yeah, but I didn't listen to it because she's not a wise getter. You know.
Speaker 2: Again, i'd be a hypocrite to tell you to stop going on your crazy adventures because I also going crazy adventures, but like have some common sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess this goal has been a crazy adventure.
Speaker 2: Uh well, Miles, Miles, thanks, thanks, thanks for being honest with me, Thanks for being vulnari, thanks for putting yourself out there. I appreciate it. I hope you end up doing you know, something that feel makes you feel like a normal human?
Speaker 1: Yeah, not not talaban or terrorist dogs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's too much. That's too much good, it's too much.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: I guess that begins with getting rid of some of our weird sessions. Uh. Unrelated though, do you have the PEO box?
Speaker 2: I don't have a po box, but.
Speaker 1: Send me, send me, send me a random address. I'm gonna send you, send me to say thank you. It's not something illegal, I guess to host gaming.
Speaker 2: I'll think about it, man, I'll think about it. Okay, I'll think about it. Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 1: I guess, you know, just live love laugh. I guess that's one of my famous quotes. And you know, I don't know. I don't know what I was I could say. I guess I think of I think I've said too much. That's quite a right. No, I just oncely, thank you, by the way, you actually actually a very good counselor very good stuff.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you, Miles. I appreciate you. Man. Have a good rest of the day.
Speaker 1: I will do God bless you, man.
Speaker 2: Take care man. That was Miles, That was That was definitely one of the more wild conversations that we have had in a Therapy Gecko history. But I I used I stand by I stand by it. I stand by it. I hope, I hope Miles makes good decisions. I mean, I like going on crazy I'm not. I don't. I don't do business with the Taliban or interview cannibals or anything like that. But I like, I like, uh, you know, going on crazy adventures and stuff and I and I know what it feels like to get addicted to it. But once you start being like I'm ready to die, is is when things become too much. And I also think you got to develop a form of normal life to fall back on, because of all you have is your craziness, you will feel like you are floating through outer space. So I hope Miles makes the right decisions and finds some form of peace for himself. And yeah, that's been. That's been the Therapy Gecko podcast. Thanks for listening. Shoot me a comment on the Spotify comments. I want to know what people thought of this conversation. I am very curious what people thought of this conversation. So if you listened, if you learned, if you were here, write a comment on Spotify. My name is Lyle, I'm a gecko. Please go to Therapy Geckotour dot com right now. I am traversing the universe this year to tell stories and do therapy Gecko stuff across the planet of America and three Canadian cities. Uh Therapy Gecko Tour dot com or check the link in the episode description. I'm Lyle, I'm a gecko. Thanks for listening and get bless Goes on the line, taking your phone calls every night.
Speaker 3: Goes to ride. He's teaching you cloud in the of your life, but he's not really an expert.