Speaker 1: Hey, welcome to it. You're back to back classics this morning, and double yeah.
Speaker 2: This is like people's favorite day. Yeah, I mean it's one of our most downloaded days of the week. I don't know, but we appreciate it for sure. And we're about to get started.
Speaker 1: But we always love to start with your comments.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ruby said, I watched Utopia to last night and I have come to the conclusion that Jeff is.
Speaker 1: The fox, Brook is the evil sheep. Wait, this is the cute little girl mouse, and Jose is the leopard cop. What's the girl mouse? Does she mean the bunny? Probably?
Speaker 4: Okay, Oh, I couldn't remember, but I think is the cop like the big the big chubby guy, which big d.
Speaker 2: He's so cute okay, and he's kind of like cute and dumb, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Cute, dumb and yeah, just likable.
Speaker 1: He is likable? Why evil?
Speaker 5: By all right, get us whatever and ever you want.
Speaker 1: At least she's in charge. All right, You're back to back classics, start right now.
Speaker 4: Okay, let me go through my second date checklist of approved behaviors, regular coffee meet up.
Speaker 1: It's fine.
Speaker 6: Check yeah, sound effect.
Speaker 4: For it, walk around the city and talk about life.
Speaker 7: Goals. Another check on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that check is so positive.
Speaker 4: I like finding out an interesting surprise when you get into the other person's car.
Speaker 7: I don't know if I can really now, I'm gonna give it a check anyway. I'm giving it a check.
Speaker 1: Because you walk through right through red flags, don't you.
Speaker 4: Well, that's what we're looking for whenever we do these calls a little bit of weirdness. And it definitely came up in today's second date update. You're gonna hear it right after this.
Speaker 6: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning second date Updates.
Speaker 4: I've got a genuine question. Are coffee dates good?
Speaker 1: What do you mean, like a good and a way?
Speaker 4: Well, I just mean some people can interpret them as being too casual or a sign of low interest.
Speaker 5: Okay, I don't know a low interest, but they're definitely.
Speaker 1: Is it bad that I just feel like they're too sober? But that's YEA are sober and you're probably not going home with them after.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe a makeout, not a coffee makeout with bad breath.
Speaker 7: Thinks most bars are too sober for her liking.
Speaker 5: So the vodka factory.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you know, I think that's nonsense because these days. You don't know which weirdo you might be matching with on the apps. So grabbing coffee is a safe, low investment date in terms of time and money. Plus you get to see if there's a little romantic attraction when you cheers your machiatos and your pinkies.
Speaker 1: Test waits, you would order that.
Speaker 5: You would get a more like girly drink than she did.
Speaker 7: My coffee cup. Linger on your coffee.
Speaker 5: Cups, our coffee lips.
Speaker 4: Something's going on, But that's exactly the idea our listener. Craig had not with the Machiados in terms of a coffee date.
Speaker 7: That's what he did the other day. Craig, welcome to the show.
Speaker 8: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Good Hey, I say good like he asked us a question. You have a good day.
Speaker 7: Somebody needs something this morning.
Speaker 4: It sounds so, Craig, thanks for being on with us. Tell us about the date you went out with the other day. Who's this lady?
Speaker 8: Juliet is her name? And I heard the intro thereon. I agree coffee dates are good. You can figure out a lot about a person's foundation just on a date.
Speaker 2: Okay, So it sounds like just even you saying that you're looking for something more serious in the dating world right now?
Speaker 1: Am I assuming the right thing?
Speaker 8: I think it's time to settle down with somebody rather than do all of these cookups all the time. Yeah cool, Oh that's awesome. Get to know somebody rather than get drunk with them immediately.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you had Brooke for a second in your lost he again.
Speaker 8: Okay, trying to change.
Speaker 5: Well, drinking and hooking up. You really don't have a lot of substance.
Speaker 4: When you're sober, you get to know someone, You're building a better structure.
Speaker 8: No drinking and hooking up. You have too many substances.
Speaker 4: You said, Juliet was this girl's name? How did your meetup go at the coffee place?
Speaker 8: Oh? My god, she's good. She's beautiful. She has beautiful hair, beautiful eyes.
Speaker 1: That's nice.
Speaker 8: She's ambitious, just like me. My goal is not just to be regular millionaire. I want to be a multimillionaire, all right, And how.
Speaker 1: Are you going to do that? Do we want to hear that?
Speaker 2: I'm just curious wants to steal the idea. I mean, some people will say it, but they don't actually have like an action plan except for like buy lottery.
Speaker 8: Tickets, investing. Investing is the future. I just got to stay the course and be diligent about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, did you tell her that, Like, was she impressed?
Speaker 8: I think so. I think she was impressed me. She I said, I want a mansion in a lake house. She said she also wants a mansion on a lake on a lake.
Speaker 3: So yes, isn't everybody was.
Speaker 5: Like, I'm looking for more like a shack in the middle of a city.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want to hit the median income.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and no more, no more.
Speaker 9: No less.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you'd be surprised about how many people don't care about making money or any of that stuff. They just want to vibe and have a good time with somebody.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think both would be good. But all right, So she was into it.
Speaker 8: She was into it, and we're just getting to know each other. We talked about our job. She does marketing. She's an assistant marketing director and at corporate. She works corporate. I thought that was the coolest job.
Speaker 7: Okay, there you go.
Speaker 8: And she doesn't even want to do that forever, Like she wants to get onto even something bigger, which I thought was exactly my vibe.
Speaker 2: Right, And you guys are talking about like big future stuff like you see yourself, like it's a lot.
Speaker 1: Happening at this coffee shop. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 5: Is that why coffee is more like a business lunch kind of thing.
Speaker 4: It's kind of a professional vibe when you're in there talking about business strategies and things.
Speaker 7: Where did you spend the whole time in the coffee shop?
Speaker 8: No, we went on a walk. We we I said, do you want to go for a walk? She said sure, nice, and we took our coffees to go. We ended up at my car actually, and we're just We sat in the car and talked about life for a while.
Speaker 1: She trusts you.
Speaker 2: I don't know why getting into a dude's cars schedule and getting into a Mansa car.
Speaker 1: At least he gave her the coffee first. Yeah, in the car and takes her away. Okay, I got her. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah. We didn't go anywhere. We just sat and hung out in the car and continued chatting.
Speaker 1: I know. I'm just saying, it's a sign that she trusts you. That's all.
Speaker 8: Well, I thought you trusted me. And then I offered to drive her to a car and she was like, no, I'll just walk. It's pretty close, but I was I thought that was like a little cold.
Speaker 1: Oh really good?
Speaker 5: Well you felt the vibe.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think she may have just said that, not even thinking that you would want to drive her. You thought that that was another moment of connection.
Speaker 4: I mean, we've heard a lot from you, Craig, but maybe it was too much talking for Juliet.
Speaker 5: Especially if I'm all excited on board you define it.
Speaker 1: Is a good question. Did you do listening to Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, of course it was. The whole day was so much. I felt like we really connected, and I don't know why she hasn't taken me up on a second date.
Speaker 4: Maybe it felt to her like there was a lot of discussion and not enough like romance.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like, did you once put wib cream onter nose?
Speaker 1: Got No, don't do that. Don't think you did.
Speaker 4: That's okay, Well, then eliminate All right, we've eliminated one of the wrong things that could have happened.
Speaker 5: Well, confirmed, I'm never gonna have a girlfriend.
Speaker 4: Let's see if we can call her and figure out if there's anything else. When we come back and reach out to Juliet to get you your second date.
Speaker 8: Update.
Speaker 7: Right after this okay, thank you, all right, man, hold on and.
Speaker 6: Jeffrey in the morning Second Date updates.
Speaker 4: If you're just joining us for part two of the Second Date update. We've got Craig on the phone. And Craig has an interesting strategy when.
Speaker 7: He goes on dates.
Speaker 4: He likes to talk to them, which personally, I'm more of the silent, mysterious type. Let my body do the talking.
Speaker 7: You just sit and stare, or let someone talk to my body. I'm not opposed to that.
Speaker 4: That's why I admire Craig because on his date, he and Juliet spoke about their ambitious dreams and the giant mansion by the lake that they hope to own together someday.
Speaker 1: Well they didn't say together, Well they both yeah.
Speaker 4: And you know what, how cool would it be to do a live update update five years from now from Craig's private island in the Caribbean.
Speaker 5: Creig, see how investments?
Speaker 8: When? Now?
Speaker 4: I see that for you, Craig, I really do. Let's manifest it today.
Speaker 8: This is exactly my plan. You don't have to tell me.
Speaker 5: I need to work on an Italian accent.
Speaker 2: Already Italian beaches.
Speaker 4: It could be like an Italian design a Caribbean Italian beach.
Speaker 1: I mean, all new rich people have Italian designs.
Speaker 4: And fancy Italian cars out in there.
Speaker 7: Having my back on that one, guys, he we got here. Okay, well cool.
Speaker 4: Hopefully when all that happens, one of us can live with you in your giant mansion because I don't do floors.
Speaker 1: Just by the way, maybe I don't take.
Speaker 5: The bath up.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: But in the meantime, maybe we'll find you your future partner here if we can get Juliet on the line and get her to answer.
Speaker 7: So I'm dialing it right now. Good luck, good luck to you too. Here we go. Hello, Hey, is this Juliet.
Speaker 10: M Yes, Hi, Juliet, May I ask you who was calling?
Speaker 4: Well, my name is jeff from a radio show you may or may not be familiar with.
Speaker 7: It's called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 8: Hi.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, I've heard of you guys.
Speaker 2: Okay, you follow us on socials or anything?
Speaker 1: Checking out Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 10: No, I don't follow you, Okay, he could.
Speaker 1: The YouTube is really good.
Speaker 10: Okay, all right, why are you guys calling.
Speaker 9: Me to recruit social media followers?
Speaker 7: One of us needs?
Speaker 1: But actually the stage Mommy the whole show.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the thing is, Julie.
Speaker 4: We're calling because somebody reached out to our show asking us if we could try to get a hold of you a guy.
Speaker 7: That you went out with recently named Craig.
Speaker 8: Call about me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's excited about you, because.
Speaker 4: What we're doing here is a segment called the second Date Update, and uh, we're just trying to help get him some answers because you're not responding to him after you got hung out the other day.
Speaker 8: That's right, That is right, Okay, Okay.
Speaker 7: So there.
Speaker 4: I guess what we'd like to know is what was your perspective of the date, because according to Craig, it seemed like a really good time.
Speaker 10: I think I just have some fundamental differences with Craig that are just not going to work out in the long.
Speaker 2: Char Dude, that's crazy because that was like the thing that he was talking up with you is that he thought you guys saw eye to eye on where lives were going.
Speaker 10: And I thought so too at the very start. But the specifics are a little bit incompatible.
Speaker 4: I'd say, okay, well, could you get specific with the specifics and specifically yes?
Speaker 10: So okay, the date went really well at first. I was excited to go out with him because he just was He's kind of a different sort of guy than who I normally go out with, Like I usually I've been going out with a kind of shy guys lately, and he's more of like a loud or a cocky, like entrepreneur type guy.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 2: At anytime you say entrepreneur, I start to worry a range of.
Speaker 7: What that can be.
Speaker 4: She's worried that someone makes more money like, okay, but sorry, go ahead, keep going, Juliet. He's ambitious and confident. I don't know what you're saying.
Speaker 2: You were liking those things about him, You were excited to try that out?
Speaker 10: Yes, So I also bring in quite a bit of money, and I'm looking for somebody kind of similar. I'm a hard working woman, Okay, So I was excited to go out with him.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I think a lot of people like to date like minded, career wise people right around the same income.
Speaker 2: I mean, and you want if you're a driven person, you probably want to be around someone who's driven.
Speaker 4: These are all positive things. What we're trying to figure out is what turns you off to him, Like why wouldn't you call him back?
Speaker 10: So we went on a walk and uh, at the end of the walk, asked me to come back to his place.
Speaker 7: Oh vibe that much?
Speaker 1: Oh that's interesting.
Speaker 2: He needed to bring that up because I thought you guys just went and sat in the car and talked.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we we didn't go anywhere. So he took me to his place, and his place was his car.
Speaker 8: That's all he had.
Speaker 7: Wait, he's left.
Speaker 9: In his car.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so he's living in his car to try to save money, so extreme.
Speaker 5: So he doesn't have a place to live. He's putting it all in investments.
Speaker 10: Yeah, instead of spending his money on rent, he's buying banana coin and spank chain and stuff.
Speaker 7: I don't know the banana coins? Is that crypto?
Speaker 1: Is it sixteen year olds?
Speaker 10: But it really is a real thing. I looked it up after the date and it does exist.
Speaker 9: I was skeptical too.
Speaker 7: So what part of that was the turnoff to you?
Speaker 10: So he has enough money to afford his own place, but he's choosing to live in his car. He is actively choosing to do that, which I think it's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I have a friend who lives in a minivan and he can come hang out whenever I need him to because he can drive.
Speaker 10: Him from But would you date him though, No.
Speaker 1: He's single.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, it's a good point.
Speaker 5: I will say.
Speaker 4: When we spoke to Craig, he didn't mention that he currently resides in his vehicle. He just said, you guys hung out there, and I would love to ask him about it because he is on the other line right now waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, good thing they have cell phones because it's not a landlight.
Speaker 7: He's calling on, Craig, Are you.
Speaker 8: There, I'm here. I'm listening to all this.
Speaker 7: Yeah. So, uh, why don't you talk to Juliet about what you just heard?
Speaker 8: Well, I told you, Juliet, I told you that I could get a nice apartment if I wanted to. I'm just making a smart financial decision and you could do the same thing. I don't know. Also, I didn't tell these guys that I lived in my car. Thanks for you blew up my spot there.
Speaker 10: Maybe the reason why you didn't tell them because that's weird. Can fitness and sleeping in Walmart?
Speaker 1: Parson, my friend is too.
Speaker 5: Everywhere? Yup, yup?
Speaker 7: And is your friend super rich Alexis, I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: At least that's a van where you're in a car.
Speaker 9: I'm not just in a car.
Speaker 8: I'm in a tesla. Hello.
Speaker 1: So uncomfortable to sleep camping? Yes, and no privacy.
Speaker 8: It's worth it for the dream of the lake house and the helipad, which you were on board with.
Speaker 10: Oh, I'm on board with that, but I'm not on Morgan's sleeping in a car where you can't even stretch.
Speaker 8: Out, Juliet, where's your money invested?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 8: I can get your money in the right crypto.
Speaker 10: Morgan Stanley's taking care of my stuff.
Speaker 9: I don't need to keep.
Speaker 1: It to stick up for him a little bit.
Speaker 2: Like every billionaire has some story about how they struggled.
Speaker 1: Oh, they started it in the garage they were living with their mom.
Speaker 4: But they didn't have six figures at that time, yet they had no choice. I think there's a good chance that is going to come back and throw this segment in our face and point to us as the people that didn't believe in him and propelled him to his ultimate success.
Speaker 5: You're going to buy the.
Speaker 2: Radio station, boss, see and remember this moment when I stuck up for you.
Speaker 1: Craig the job.
Speaker 9: I will remember.
Speaker 8: None of this. I'm way too focused on investing right now. This doesn't even this is in the background for me. Okay, and Juliette, I'm just so shocked you wouldn't want to hit your wagon to this star.
Speaker 10: And let me know when you get there if you do. But I don't really want to be I don't want to be slumming it in the meantime.
Speaker 8: God, Oh, I'm the kind of I'm the kind of guy where you either get in on the ground floor or you get out.
Speaker 10: I mean.
Speaker 2: The good news is, Juliet, you never have to stay at his place. He'd always be at yours.
Speaker 9: That's true.
Speaker 4: And more good news is you wouldn't have to pay for your guys as next date because we would cover that if you would agree to see him one more time.
Speaker 10: I don't think so.
Speaker 8: But I bought you coffee.
Speaker 1: Oh that's not Oh you.
Speaker 10: Know you want me to veno you or something.
Speaker 5: It's like I make more than you do.
Speaker 1: Bro, just pay him in banana coin or.
Speaker 4: Whatever the hell that was called.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know what. On the way to the lake House stream every dime count. So I would like you to vend mo me for that coffee, please.
Speaker 5: Seven dollars.
Speaker 1: You could get up to Tenny's.
Speaker 4: I didn't know after Banana point stock takes off. Yeah, you're going to get up to like ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: No problem.
Speaker 10: I can afford that, and I can afford my rent.
Speaker 8: So I'll ven you, Craig. You won't be able to afford your rent for long, not in this economy.
Speaker 4: Okay, guys, Okay, So there really wasn't much of a romantic transaction here.
Speaker 5: It was very business.
Speaker 8: But Juliet, no hard feelings. If you still want to invest, just let me know.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's starting to diversify, right, Yeah, Like I'm starting to feel like more of a debt collector than anything else in this segment.
Speaker 6: Recking Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: I'm a little embarrassed about this, but I vowed to be one hundred percent honest with my co hosts, and I will tell you after that call ended, I did venmo twenty bucks to Craig to put into spank chain for me. Just it sounds like my kind of thing, spanks chains, and it's not to like it sounds cool on you buy now because you're like you have four million.
Speaker 7: Coins and you're like, wow, oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's I you be worth a thousands of percent.
Speaker 1: I was greg that was so annoying to me.
Speaker 2: I dated a guy who lived in his car and his mom was like a lawyer and his dad was a judge.
Speaker 1: I'm like, you don't need.
Speaker 6: To live in your car.
Speaker 1: You stop pretending like you're poor. I hate that.
Speaker 5: This is just you an adult time out.
Speaker 1: Yes, God, it annoys me.
Speaker 4: The only thing that we are willing to invest fully in though, is our listeners. Yeah, mail the show so we can invest our energy into helping out your love life, or at least we'll try and go check out all of our second date updates on Apple, iHeart, Spotify or spank of whatever it is wherever you get your.
Speaker 6: Podcasts broken Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: When you go out drinking, there's three basic phases that you can hit. There's the I'm just gonna have one to loosen up phase.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it doesn't usually last very long.
Speaker 4: A little later you reach the everyone's my best friend and we all have.
Speaker 7: To dance to.
Speaker 4: All And then there's the final phase, where shame and bad decisions thrive and memories and self respect go to die yes, and one of our listeners got deep into phase three the other night during his first date. So now he needs our help to figure out what exactly happened because when he woke up the next day, he was not in his bed, not in his date's bed, to wasn't in a bed.
Speaker 7: At all, where we have no clue. You're gonna hear what happened in your second date.
Speaker 6: Update next Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning second date updates.
Speaker 4: I try to think back about the time in people's lives when they partied the most, and I'd say, if you went to college, it was probably there.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you should see what happened to my GPA when I moved into a sorority house.
Speaker 7: It's not perfect gradesird.
Speaker 8: I mean.
Speaker 4: The thing is, even if you didn't go to college, it probably happened at the college frat party that you crashed. Also true, that was where you went the hardest. And I know our listener today, David, he didn't go to a college party, but he says he sure raged like he was at one during his first date.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, David, you.
Speaker 7: Sound like my type of guy.
Speaker 4: Bro I mean, like ten years ago you would be I don't want anything to do with you now, but we're.
Speaker 7: Welcome to the show man.
Speaker 9: Hey, how are you okay?
Speaker 2: Are you saying this with pride or with shame?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 9: Lots of shame, I'll say.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's where I needed to know where we're starting at.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but that's okay.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean I'm owning it.
Speaker 9: But I could have made a whole ful amount of myself. I have no idea.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, well what do you remember? Do you remember this girl's name?
Speaker 9: Yeah, so I do, because she was super attractive to me. We matched on a dating app, me and Melissa and Melissa. One of her pictures she had like an oversized band tee and you know, like a bunch of piercings all the way down her ear. Okay, yeah, so I mean she seemed really cool right up my alley, Like she knows how to party.
Speaker 8: That's what it seemed like.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you're going into it thinking like this girl can party, let's go?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, for sure. I didn't think she was any kind of prude. Like I thought that we could you know the wall, like.
Speaker 5: Let lose and and can.
Speaker 9: We say right exactly?
Speaker 7: Well, it's too late it's already been six interesting. Okay, all right, this girl looks like she knows how to have a good time. So what do you do for your date?
Speaker 9: We're going to meet up at a bar, was the plan I got there.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm sure party girl wants to meet up at a place.
Speaker 8: You knew where this was going.
Speaker 5: You know, I wasn't thinking it was going to be a museum.
Speaker 2: Did you set up the date when you were talking to her, like, all right, let's go party, or were you like, let's go about a toptail at happy hour?
Speaker 9: Well it wasn't happy hour a little later than that, but I just said, let's meet up for some drinks.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 9: It started off me getting there a little bit early, and I was nervous because she seemed really cool, and I wanted to seem cool, so I was getting loosened up. You know, I feel like I'm a little funnier, a little a little more loose when I've had a couple drinks.
Speaker 2: I make so you're already ahead of her when she shows up. What is it like when she gets there?
Speaker 9: It was great. We were laughing, having a great time. It seemed like we were really connecting. She seemed super duper cool. Yeah, well.
Speaker 5: Maybe not good.
Speaker 7: What happened.
Speaker 9: I continued to drink pretty fast and heavily, and uh, we didn't need It was around dinner time and we really didn't need dinner.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 9: Also, I don't remember having a single glass of water as well.
Speaker 1: No, you got sloppy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm with you, dude, waters for the week, ye.
Speaker 1: A cute.
Speaker 9: Look, if I want water, I have a michel of ultra. You know.
Speaker 1: Okay, where was Melissa in her drinking?
Speaker 8: I'm not sure honestly it.
Speaker 5: Was that bad.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I kind of I kind of browned out. I'll say I had like memories here and there, you know, but I remember having fun, like we were playing like shuffle board, like bar shuffle board. We had a lot of fun. But I wasn't really counting her drinks, which maybe I should have tried to like stick with where she was.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: One of the last things that I remember is eving in an uber.
Speaker 1: With her or without her.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I am not one hundred percent sure.
Speaker 1: She could have been in the car.
Speaker 5: I can't believe that Uber even.
Speaker 11: Let you in.
Speaker 9: I'm pretty good at pulling off being blackout, Like my friends will always say, like what you really and it's a shock.
Speaker 5: It sounds like you have a.
Speaker 4: High tolerance and this is still so you made it home.
Speaker 9: And so I woke up in a random, gigantic house that I had never seen before. Yeah, I was by myself, didn't recognize anything.
Speaker 1: Like, wait, like a suburb house, Like what type of house?
Speaker 10: Like furniture and stuff?
Speaker 1: Are empty?
Speaker 9: Like it was. There was furniture and stuff like obviously somebody lived there, but it was really really clean and whoever lived there is probably pretty well off because it was well maintained and the furniture was really nice.
Speaker 7: House.
Speaker 8: Was it hurt?
Speaker 9: These are the questions that I wanted. I want to know the answers to these, like that's why I need to get in touch with her.
Speaker 2: Do you have any like photos on your photo gall anything that could give you any clues?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 9: None, I literally so I freaked out. I didn't know where I was, so I started gathering all my stuff as much of it as I could. I think I left my vape there, but when I was running out the door, there was an older woman that was definitely not Melissa yelling at me, and I don't really know what she said. So I literally just like busted out of the door as fast as I could and ran down the street.
Speaker 8: And like, I've.
Speaker 9: Texted Melissa a couple of times to kind of like, I mean, yeah, I'd love to see her again. I'd love to take her out on another date.
Speaker 6: If she'll have me.
Speaker 9: But really I just want her to connect the dots.
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh no, and.
Speaker 9: She still has not responded.
Speaker 7: I want to know these answers too. Yeah, chill out and hit your vape.
Speaker 4: But obviously you can't do that.
Speaker 9: I'm like, I'm crazy anxious because I have no idea if I've made a fool of myself, Like, I don't know what.
Speaker 5: I can guarantee you made a fool.
Speaker 1: I don't think that there's any question about that. It's just how you did it.
Speaker 7: I mean, this is like a regular Tuesday night for Alexis.
Speaker 3: Thursdays actually excuse me, Meaning to.
Speaker 7: Be fair, We're going to try and get to the bottom of it.
Speaker 4: We're gonna call Melissa and try and get you your second date update right after this.
Speaker 6: Thank you, all right, hold on brooking Jeffrey in the morning. Second date update.
Speaker 4: If you're just joining us for the second date, we're talking to probably the biggest partier we've ever had on the.
Speaker 7: Show since Rufer. If you've never heard.
Speaker 4: Of Rufer, he's the type of guy who likes to pregame a funeral. But David, who's on the phone today, might actually have him beat.
Speaker 2: Not we'll come up with one for him.
Speaker 4: But he did admit that he partied a little bit too hard the night of his date with Melissa. Doesn't remember everything. The weirdest part, though, was waking up the next day in some random nice house in the suburbs where some old lady was trying to like talk to him or yell at him before he ran out, ran out and got out of there.
Speaker 2: He has a whose house it was. He doesn't know how he got there. He doesn't even know if his date was in the uber for goodness sakes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the worst part is he's been trying to figure out what's going on and Melissa won't respond to any of his texts, which is why he's turned to us for help.
Speaker 8: Here.
Speaker 9: So I realized I'm talking to you earlier. I did make a mistake. I just realized that Melissa texted me late last night. What my heart absolutely dropped out of my shoes. Because she just texted me you need to pay for what you did.
Speaker 4: Oh No, was there like a sex the emoji after it? Maybe?
Speaker 7: Or was it like an angry one?
Speaker 9: There was, there was a period at the end.
Speaker 11: It's gonna be a fuke in the uber situation that Alea speaks from experience on that he would have known that his clothes the next morning.
Speaker 9: No, my clothes did not smell great.
Speaker 8: So anything possible.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to say, get your credit card ready for the end of this.
Speaker 4: I mean, are you are you interested in going out with Melissa really?
Speaker 7: Or do we just want the answer?
Speaker 8: I would love to go out with her again.
Speaker 9: I mean, I think that's why I got so drunk because I was so nervous.
Speaker 2: Did you the last thing Melissa texting?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll try and nudge her in that direction. For now, it's just going to be trying to fill in the blanks for you.
Speaker 7: We're gonna call it here we go.
Speaker 8: Hello, Hey, we're.
Speaker 7: Looking for Melissa. Sounds like you're in a good mood today.
Speaker 8: That that's nice.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're a radio show called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 8: Oh, I know that show you resting?
Speaker 5: We made it.
Speaker 9: That's weird.
Speaker 8: Hey, what's up, guys, what's up?
Speaker 7: We're we're doing this. We had phone tap on you right now, its what we've done.
Speaker 4: No, we're doing a second date update because apparently, rumor has it you went out with a guy the other night named David.
Speaker 11: Oh god, oh yeah, you have to dish because I just know that there is a big story behind whatever went down on your date night.
Speaker 4: Background for you is that we've heard some bits and pieces of the night, at least the parts that David remembers, but we're hoping to.
Speaker 3: Get some more that he remembers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's a little hazy for him. But we heard that you did text him. I think last night he said saying that he needed to pay for everything for.
Speaker 2: What he did, for what he did, but but that was so vague. He actually has no idea what you're even referring to.
Speaker 7: He was on team blackout. But he remembers having a good time with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think that he does remember having a good time with me because so basically, like we had drinks and then.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so let me tell you what he told us is that Okay, he did drink a little bit more than he wanted to, because again, he was having such a nice time and he was nervous and.
Speaker 7: Thanks, you're amazing.
Speaker 4: But the last thing that he remembers is being in an uber too, he doesn't know where, and then waking up in some random house.
Speaker 7: Can you help us figure out where he went? Or even if you know, I don't know if you know anything the uber?
Speaker 3: I was in the uber? Yeah, he didn't even know what the Are you serious?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: She was, Oh my gosh, just tell us the story if he can't.
Speaker 1: Was he amazed?
Speaker 3: Fine, okay, so he seems like he was drinking too much, and I was like, okay, I think it's really time to go. But he could not even tell me his address. He'd be like, yeah, let's go, let's know already.
Speaker 7: Oh no, is that a line that you've used before? Jose, Like I don't know where I live? You better take me back to your.
Speaker 5: Where you live?
Speaker 1: So now you're just babysitting this guy and you can't even get in the home.
Speaker 7: So whose house was it?
Speaker 8: Was?
Speaker 9: That?
Speaker 7: Your house?
Speaker 3: I wasn't going to bring him back to my apartment with this like dude on a first date. He's obviously like way too drunk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, smart move.
Speaker 3: So my parents kind of lived near the bar. Oh gosh, yeah, it was like it was like one am. I called my parents, who were, needless to say, not happy, And my mom has like these figurines and he walked in and like my mom went to grab some water and he like started playing with the figurines and like he broke two of them.
Speaker 5: Oh, oh my god.
Speaker 3: And he was gonna be like sick. So he like asked where the bathroom was, and I like brought him to the bathroom and then he like slipped on a vase and like broke that too.
Speaker 5: He was one of those stumbling Yeah.
Speaker 3: My mom is like I do not want this person ever in my house to.
Speaker 4: Get So, going back to your text that you sent him where you said he needs to pay for everything that he did, I'm assuming that you're referring to all the things he broke in your mom's house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you broke all this stuff, and like I didn't know he had no idea it was my parents' house. I thought he knew that. The whole time.
Speaker 4: He's learning a lot of stuff the more that you're talking, because he's actually listening. Listen to this whole thing right now? Yeah, remember how the second dance work. They're listening on the other line.
Speaker 9: Oh, I didn't know.
Speaker 3: It was like always automatically live.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, David wants to talk to you.
Speaker 9: So let me start my three part apology by first.
Speaker 2: Saying, are you so shocked that it was her parents house?
Speaker 9: I'm so shocked that she was with me the whole time it because I was really in I'm really into you, Melissa. I think that you're very tracked. I thought we had a great time.
Speaker 7: You're already trying it sounds like you're already trying to save it.
Speaker 9: I would like to. I mean, this is the first time that I've woken up in a date's parents.
Speaker 1: Housember, Melissa, Melissa.
Speaker 3: I'll send you an itemize the list of all the things that were broken, and maybe then we can take it from there.
Speaker 7: That sounds like an invitation.
Speaker 9: Can I can come over and apologize to your mom, like I appreciate her thing?
Speaker 3: She did not come over?
Speaker 7: Well, your mom doesn't want to hear from David.
Speaker 3: Nope.
Speaker 9: I'd go over and give her some flowers, but I don't. I don't even remember what part of the city she lives in.
Speaker 7: It's a sweet.
Speaker 11: Gesture around with flowers around this area.
Speaker 7: No, not this house, no the next house.
Speaker 2: I'd really check in on how much money you will first, David, to see if you have any funds left overs.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're dealing with a lot of like debt collecting and finance stuff. Let's get back to like the love aspect of this, which I'm sure still must exist somewhere. Melissa, is there a chance that you could look past the mistakes that.
Speaker 7: He made on your first date? He was wasted.
Speaker 3: It's just basically like, if you pay my mom back, then you have integrity and you're a cool person enough for doing that. But then I would consider getting to know you more.
Speaker 9: But it's not an incredible story to tell our kids.
Speaker 1: Well, let's not.
Speaker 7: Get before you go down that path.
Speaker 4: We would like to offer to send you out on a second date that we will pay for.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna I'm gonna need that after my debt.
Speaker 7: Yeah, continuing on you paying the mom back first. So yeah, it's up to Melissa.
Speaker 3: I would go out with you if you make it right with my mom.
Speaker 2: Okay, so maybe you guys could exchange venmos make it real hot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll text you my venmo after this call.
Speaker 4: All right, so it sounds like true love is blossoming before our very eyes.
Speaker 5: I don't know about that.
Speaker 9: So just out of curiosity, how much we think in here, how much do you think that that's going to be?
Speaker 3: I don't know, like, I don't know, two or three grand probably.
Speaker 4: Figure that's an expensive second date that you that's going to be paying for here, we're.
Speaker 9: Gonna have to take it out of our wedding.
Speaker 3: That's the spirit.
Speaker 6: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: We have the potential here for an epic update update. If they really do go out and see each other again, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: I think she's just being nice and who care and then never talks.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: If a dude is willing to pay two to three grand to see me again, I will date him.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 11: Because you're Because that's amazing that you're willing to do that.
Speaker 2: Like most guys in his position right now would have just hung up the phone when they heard that amount of money and never wanted to have contact with her again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, text in seventy eight five nine too, if you want producer boy to pursue this in three months to try and find out what happened.
Speaker 7: Did he pay her back? Did they see each other again?
Speaker 1: Any answer I'm in Will he remember any of it?
Speaker 9: Yea?
Speaker 5: What if he doesn't disable the second date?
Speaker 8: Wait?
Speaker 1: God, then we do need to have an intervention.
Speaker 4: I am proud of everybody here though, in the room, for being able to get a second date from that. Like I thought for sure there was no chance.
Speaker 2: I don't think it was us. I think that was him. I think he handled it so well.
Speaker 4: And credit to her for tricking him into paying her mom back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm saying trick.
Speaker 7: You're pressed by everybody today.
Speaker 1: Right there we go?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, thanks for sticking through and listening to the whole thing. Give yourself a pat on the back, and you can always email the show.
Speaker 7: We'll call that person. Wasn't calling you.