Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Hell On, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us.
Speaker 3: After the New York Knicks advanced to the Eastern Conference Finals one nineteen to eighty one over the Boston Celtics. So much for the Celtics are better without Jason Tatum. I think they could have used Jason Tatum tonight, but we'll talk about that a little later. But the New York Knicks are going to the Eastern Conference Finals for the first time since nineteen ninety nine. Jess Ylen Mercy was three years old since nineteen ninety nine. They advanced to the Eastern Conference Finals and by the score of one nineteen to eighty one.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys for joining us. Y'all know me. I'm your favorite UNC.
Speaker 3: Shannon Shark, my partner and co hosts Liberty City is own Bengal Ring of Fame, Hontery.
Speaker 2: Pro All Pro.
Speaker 3: That's chat O Yo Sinko Johnson and our basketball contribute extraordinary Arkansas Little Rock Native University of Arkansas a lum. That's Iso Joe. That's Joe Johnson. Joe, thank you for joining us again. Please make sure you hit the subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that light button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys for joining us.
Speaker 3: As always, Thank you guys for your support and you'll continue support because thanks to you, you allow us to do what we do. So thank you very very much. Please make sure you check out Shave by Laportier. We do have it in stop now. If you can't out find it any city or a state near you, order it online. We'll ship it directly to your door. Please drink responsibily and stay safe. Go follow my media company page on all of its platforms Shayshae Media and my clothing Company eighty four, with eighty four being spelled out that links pinned in the chat. Supplies are limited and once they're gone, they're gone, So please grab yours while supplies last.
Speaker 2: Tickets for our.
Speaker 3: Not Safe for Work Tour our own Sale eight stops Baltimore, Philly, Charlotte, LA, Miami, NYC, Chicago, and Detroit. Tickets can be filed at Shayshapmedia dot com slash tour that Shayshapmedia dot com slash tour go get your tickets now. Nicks beat the Celtics advanced to the Eastern Conference Finals. The New York Dicks had the third longest conference final drop twenty four years in the NBA that ended tonight.
Speaker 2: Jalen Brunston was three years old.
Speaker 3: The last time the Knicks made the Eastern Conference Finals, it was two thousand. Okay, it's two thousand, excuse me two thousand. But they do it thanks to a ballance scoring effort. Miles Bridges twenty two points, at og Ananobi twenty three points, Chat twenty one points and twelve rebounds, Jalen Bronson twenty three points, and Josh Hart had a triple double ten points, eleven rebounds, eleven assists as they roll decisively by what thirty What is that?
Speaker 2: Thirty eight? By thirty eight.
Speaker 3: Points over the Brooklyn Brooklyn over the Boston Celtics plagued without Jason Tatum. There's been a lot of discussion over the last couple of days. Oh, this team plays better without Jason Tatum. You mean to tell me a team is better without a four time All NBA selection, a perennial All Star. You trying to tell me your team is better without one of the better players in the NBA. I never believe that for a second. Don't listen one game. Anything can happen, we know, but you and everybody know that they were not beating the Knicks. Where the Knicks weren't gonna lose three games without the team's best player.
Speaker 2: But they rolled by thirty eight.
Speaker 3: And they're going to the Eastern Conference Finals to make to face the team that they faced in the Eastern Conference semifinals last year, that is the Indiana Facers.
Speaker 2: Joe, you watched this game. I mean you want to tell it out?
Speaker 3: Okay, you did say oo oo Cho said, are you guys sure? Yes, the Knicks don't have a chance. I said, you know, I think the Celtics five, maybe six. I think the Celfiics don't get it. You're like, nah, I'm gonna ride with the Knicks.
Speaker 4: I said, I'm riding with the Knicks. Now listen, I am.
Speaker 3: You and the brand you the Grand Marshal taking off the Grand Marshall.
Speaker 4: Now before we go on, I want to make sure.
Speaker 5: Now I don't know if we remember, ash, I might need you to go back and check the tape because I remember. If I'm not mistaken, both of you picked the Selsis to win. I think Uncle you saying in five Joe, you might have said six. And on top of that, then I said, okay, let's make it light of yourself. Let's make a little side bet. Both of you chose to say a certain dollar amount.
Speaker 3: I ain't bet nothing, I said, I ain't betting the man that already owe me money.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's what you said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ye, what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But Joe, Joe, you owe me five hundred.
Speaker 2: Joe, we ain't bet no five hundred man.
Speaker 4: We said five hundred.
Speaker 3: We bet a light hunded. You know he'll come. He tried to get over there, abody I.
Speaker 5: Get trying to charge a little interest.
Speaker 3: We had.
Speaker 2: We had a nice little bet. You won the bet many.
Speaker 4: So you mean my cashyeh? I wish what you need cause I don't think.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about it later. We ain't got time right now. We got time.
Speaker 3: What we got Yeah, the next got four guys with twenty points or more. You got a triple double from Josh Hart who was that Miles McBride came up the bench, gave the ten slid quick points and they rolled. They were nineteen or twenty one from the free throw line, sixteen to forty six from the three. They shot forty six percent from the floor. Uh, they did a great job of they turned the ball over a little, but it didn't matter.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: You know, you could tell early on in the game how this game was gonna end. It was not gonna end favorably for the Boston Celtics.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: They really had only one guy that could that could get anything going because early on, only Jaylen Brunts, excuse me, Jaylen Brown was doing anything. Everybody else was just clanking and clanking and clanking, and you know, like, I wonder how many points the Nick is gonna actually win by because this is not this is not gonna be a close game and it's not gonna be pretty. Joe, what do you think? What do you look other than being outgunned? Why did you think it got so so out of hand so quick for the Boston Celtics. I think the Knicks really understood the moment.
Speaker 6: They didn't want to go back to Boston, and they just came out with that fight and that desired the intensity to win and get this series over with. I thought Jaylen Brown came to play, he gave him a great little boost. But man, when you get ky ocher, when you get down like that in the playoffs, and you got the five power to fight back. Man, this game was overwhelmed before it even really got started.
Speaker 2: To be honest with you.
Speaker 3: Derick Wright was a minus forty five and plus minus Jaylen Brown was minus thirty holiday minus thirty four, Luke Cornett was minus sixteen. Al Horf was minus thirty three. I don't know if I've ever seen somebody minus forty five. That's I mean, just like Shay was plus fifty one. I don't know if I've ever seen somebody minus forty five and plus minus Joe. But you're right, I mean, the Knicks got to go and they powdered them on the glass plus nineteen on the glass, plus plus six offensive rebound, everything, everything, Everything was in the next paper and the scoreboard would indicate that it was a close ball game. In this first quarter twenty six twenty You're like, okay, Boston, you hung around, But the next thing you know, it's a thirty eight to seventeen.
Speaker 2: So now you're down twenty seven.
Speaker 3: You're down thirty five at the end of the you're thirty five at the end of the soul.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is a tough one because the Kniggs got six guys in double figures. So by committee they beat you. They two top guns, Cat and Brunson. You know, they did their thing as far as you know, playing being efficient, making plays, just playing hard. And then these other guys like the Ogs O GK twenty three to night. I mean, this is this close out basketball.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 6: They did not want to go back to Boston and Man, New York is in a frenzy right now, man because okay, hey, hey hey, they got a chance to make it to the finals. Man, and this is uh, this is great for basketball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got a excellent chance.
Speaker 3: This. These teams are familiar with each other. Uh, there's two different styles. One want to grind you out, the other one to get up and down.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Sometimes the the Knicks will go with their two bigs, Mitchell Robinson and Cat.
Speaker 2: You know, the only big that really that.
Speaker 3: The the Pacers have is Miles Turner. They don't really play TV Thomas Bryant and and and Miles Turner together. So it's gonna be very interesting to see because if you put Miles Turner on Mitchell Robinson, that means Pascal Siakam has to deal with Cat.
Speaker 2: Cat has the advantage.
Speaker 3: And then when Cat gets his button down on the block when Cat is not selling for threes. Cat'sungardible. There's nobody that's currently in the playoffs that can deal with Cat. Nobody, No, not not if he when he decides like I'm going to the.
Speaker 6: Block, Yeah, I think, Hey, okay, I think you're gonna have to play Cat at the five a lot just this series against Indiana, because you're gonna have to. You're gonna have to deal with Seetam. He's gonna he's a very important piece in this series. Who could who can ultimately win you a series. I don't like the fact that Kat would have to guard him, So I think you're gonna.
Speaker 3: Kat probably have to guard He'll probably guard Miles Turner. Bro Miles Turner just step out to the three man, Miles will stretched five. I'm saying, if Kat is in there with with Big Fella, if yeah, with Mitchell Robinson, Yes, yes, but uh man, this is this.
Speaker 6: These two teams kind of mirror each other to me. They they both blue collar teams. Yeah, gonna beat you by committity, You don't. You don't really know who's gonna be for the niggas Brunston has been, you know, clutch pretty much the whole playoffs, the whole season. But this is gonna be a good series, man, two gritted teams who ain't gonna play.
Speaker 2: A lot of pretty basketball. It's gonna be some ugly games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you got you know, you got guys that can defend. You got Nim Hard that can defend, the Smith that can defend. You got a Matt Burn who can defend. So you got some guys Siakam that can defend the same thing. You got Miles Bridges, you got og, you got Josh Hart. You got guys on the Knicks that can defend at an elite level. So I agree with you. It's gonna be who takes care of the basketball the best. But if you turn the basketball over against the Pacers, hey, they landed up before you. You look around at the fishal like that was a file. They're laying the ball up at the other end. So these are two teams that we saw them last year when seven games Indiana went to MSG one game seven on the Knicks floor. But this is a different Knicks team. This is not there. They traded out Julius Random, brought in a cat, and it seems to be working, really, really well, I mean, you know Cat and them there a specially Julius randold them they're in the Western Conference Finals. They're waiting the winner of the Nuggets and the OKC Thunder. But I thought the Knicks. I don't know if the Nicks can play any better. I mean, you got four guys with twenty plus points and look at the plus. And you got Josh hart Gay your triple double. Uh uh, and and and and Miles McBride who's been playing very well in the limited role that he's been playing, making big shots, playing some really good defense. Uh, it's gonna be a great series. Would I be surprised if he winning six or seven?
Speaker 2: Nope? I would not.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, I got I got the I got the most important question for both of you. Again, before a series starts, now, when it comes in boxing styles, win fights, a third person style, you understand who probably has a better chance of winning based for the outcome. So again, you got the Knicks, hard hat, blue collar team. They're gonna get it the hard way. And he got the guy damn four about one pacers that like to run up and down the court.
Speaker 4: Now who we got winning the series?
Speaker 5: Now you say it Mike, you said you can see it going six or seven of five and six whatever you said, Yo, what you think what series going to?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 6: Listen, I'm downed the Knicks, bro, this whole playoffs.
Speaker 4: Now we're waking up.
Speaker 2: Can I tell? Can I talk?
Speaker 6: I've been down to the kniggas I had Detroit, you know, giving them problems.
Speaker 3: And uh, they did gave them more problems than the Celtics. They gave give them problems.
Speaker 6: But I think they learned through those series, through the series, or they learned a lot about themselves as far as being resilient. You know, they lost their first game at home, and I just thought it was gonna be an uphill climb. But they pretty much handled that series, and I think it prepared them for you know, this series right here against Boston.
Speaker 2: Many were they were gritty, they were hungry.
Speaker 6: Obviously they were the healthier team, and I just thought, you know, they had guys made plays at the right time, and I think it's their time, Bro. So I'm saying they have to say this. I don't really want to bet against the Knicks no more, man, but but Ojo, the Pacers got six dudes averaging double figures in the playoffs. Right, they got six maybe even maybe seven dudes averaging double figures in the playoffs. These two teams, Man are so scared, Harry, and you don't really you don't know what you're gonna what you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Get out of them. I think, like I said, the same style as far as fight.
Speaker 3: Yep, I'm giving an edge to the Knicks because they got home court advantage.
Speaker 6: Now you want to they got home part advantage, man, chill what you want from I.
Speaker 5: Was trying to I was trying to double it nothing that bet. See if you want to, you know, run it back. But okay, okay, we.
Speaker 2: Might get, we might get.
Speaker 6: We might can put a little something on the on on this game seven coming up and the next series in the Western Conference.
Speaker 4: I hold your horses, what's game seven?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: See in the Nuggets, maybe who you got?
Speaker 3: I know, I know you look like you got dimple. So I'm gonna go ahead and take Okay, see, list.
Speaker 4: I like I like the young bulls, young bulls. Listen, I like s G.
Speaker 5: A to show up, the show out and close the game out the way it should be closed out.
Speaker 2: Well it sound like we're thinking of like then yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, it's not like somebody stand at the back but go ahead.
Speaker 2: So when when does the Eastern Conference Finals kick off? Monday?
Speaker 3: A Tuesday? I think Tuesday Tuesday? Okay, so get a little rest. Uh, pacers are well rested. They've been off for the last so they're gonna be off damn near a week by the time by the time they play, so they'll be well rested.
Speaker 2: I like, you know, I would I be surprised.
Speaker 3: I think it's going six to seven games that nobody's winning, nobody's sweeping, nobody's winning in five. I like six or seven, and they are you know, look at them, Joe, you when you look at how they play, and look at how they you know, the starters, and you know, I think the Knicks probably have like three or four guys in double figures. Man, it's just hard to pick Brunson because that game is if the game isn't in the clutch.
Speaker 2: Moment, you don't trust it. I don't.
Speaker 3: I'm not so sure I trust anybody more in the postseason than I trust Jalen Brunson in a clutch moment.
Speaker 6: I agree, he's been special, especially down the stretch or when he's been counted out. He's He's come through time and time again in this postseason. And that's why I give the I mean, I give the Knicks to edge. Obviously they got home court advantage, and I think Brunton is gonna be a difference maker, you know in this series.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on that, But they're moving on.
Speaker 3: Knicks are going to the Eastern Conference Finals and one nineteen eighty one victory over the Boston Celtics minus Jason Tatum. I'm not so sure had they had Jason Tatum better, it'd have been any different, But they didn't have him. The Knicks made sure left no doubt. We're not going back to Boston.
Speaker 2: We're done.
Speaker 3: We're about to take two three days off and get ready for the Eastern Conference Finals because this is our chance to get to the NBA Finals, something that we haven't done since two thousand. Sham's had a very important update to day on Aaron Gordon's hamstring. Different Nuggets forward Aaron Gordon has been diagnosed with a left ham string string and the status is in doubt for Game seven against the Oklahoma City Thunder. Sources tell ESPN major development heading into Sundays three thirty pm Eastern game ABC for the Western Conference Finals. Birth We saw that. I saw him grab it last night. He started rubbing it. I saw the way he was walking and o Jo. We just talked about it the last night with Sean Marrier. I was like, I don't like that. I don't I didn't like the way he grabbed it. I said, in this instance of it, decided, I don't know if it'll be close if if he can't go and it doesn't look like he's gonna go, No, he's.
Speaker 4: Not gonna be able to go.
Speaker 5: I mean, what happened to him is really no different than what happened to Steph Curry.
Speaker 4: You know, once you feel, once you full to feel that pull, once you feel that paints.
Speaker 2: It's a rap.
Speaker 5: At that point, that's that's grade one. That's grade one. So you're gonna miss. But maybe at least three games, maybe four if that. If Yet wasn't able to come back, and Aaron Gourdon not gonna be able to come back.
Speaker 3: Either, Oh yeah, he wouldn't. Steph wasn't able to come back in like four games. So we'll make you think he's gonna be able to come back in forty eight hours.
Speaker 5: He's not gonna be able to un He's not gonna be able to because as soon as you try to come out there and make any kind of any kind of hurky jerky movement and again once they grab again like.
Speaker 4: A second time, you're dumb.
Speaker 2: Serious, Yeah that's right.
Speaker 3: And it's like, yeah, this absolutely impacts him because he's a guy.
Speaker 2: He can defend, he can rebound, he can score.
Speaker 3: Now, the last game, he didn't have that big I mean, he didn't score that much, but we know where Aaron Gordon he hit the big shot. He had two game winning shots. He hit the game win, had the game winning dunk against the Clippers, and he had the game winning three uh in Game one against Okay against Okay see in the first game, So we know what he represents.
Speaker 2: He's a guy that can defend multiple positions.
Speaker 3: You see him guard Shape, You'll see him guard Jayla Williams, He'll slide the chat. He can guard up multiple h positions, and he can go get you twenty and double digit rebounds. I don't know where they can get that kind of scoring, where they categ where they can get that kind of versatility. No, Look, I know Strawford had a great game. Russy has been the energize, the buddy off the bench for him. But you got to ride a Russ roller coaster. I just don't know, Joe, where they get that kind of versatility, where you get that scoring, that rebounding from If Aaron Gordon can't play and it doesn't look like he's going to play.
Speaker 6: Nah, I think and outside of Jokic, I think Gordon has been pretty much the most consistent you know. I know it's been buried, but for the most part, Gordon has won them games. He won them to last Yeah, so uh, he's been a huge piece of their success, you know, in this postseason. So without him, O, Joe, I mean, you're gonna have to lean on some of them young guys you got over there, and hopefully they can come through and have a big game.
Speaker 2: But Michael Porter Jr. Needs to have the game of his.
Speaker 6: Life and he needs to be are you saying to have the game in his life? But how's he having single digit goal I don't understand that.
Speaker 5: The injury is I mean, if the injury that that Michael Porter Junr. Has, if it's that bad where he's inefficient and he can't shoot, he's not really contributing offensively or defensively.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure why they just don't start Russ. I don't understand.
Speaker 3: Well, you said, you and Joe said, y'all want those points off the bench. Yeah, you need that spark plug because you know one thing Runt's gonna do. He gonna get your energy and effort. Yeah, that's hard to get from a lot of guys nowadays. So you need that spark off the bench if y'all do come out flat, or somebody who can come in and sustain if y'all do get off to a great start. But man, that's yeah, you're gonna need somebody to have an add of body experience. If Gordon a't gonna be able to go, but if he got that grade one, he might as well hang it up. You can put you can put as much tape on the hamstring you want to by, but you go to moving around, it's a rap's gonna it's gonna pull again.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 3: Like, look, Yo played unbelievable last night. He had twenty nine, fourteen and eight. Uh, you might need to have thirty nine, seventeen and twelve. And Jamal Murray probably need to go be a have an efficient twenty six to thirty two and Michael Porter Junior is gonna need to give you twenty plus points for them to have a chance.
Speaker 2: It could be a spare similar situation to what we saw tonight.
Speaker 3: The crowd got into the building and what was of six point All of a sudden, you go into the half, you're down by twenty one, you're down by twenty seven points. And look in the playoffs, when you get down by that minute, it's hard to come down. The Knicks have done it on several occasions.
Speaker 6: They received them get down, they got firepower, they got guys. Bruston he leads the NBA and clutch points for prints for the point so he can go get you twenty twenty five in a quarter.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 6: They've been fortunate in that sense, and that's why down the stretch man they've been more successful than not. So, man, I think we're gonna see the Knicks in the finals. Yeah, it looks like it.
Speaker 2: That's what I mean. I think ESPN would like that. Oh, because I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: You got to have the Knicks because they're the only one that has a national follow everybody else is regional people in them for the Pacers, people in Okay, see go to root for Okay. See people that denverer go root for Denver. People in Minnesota. But the Knicks is a household brand and so and plus you got that.
Speaker 2: You think about the markets.
Speaker 3: The got Minnesota, you got Oklahoma, you got Denver, and then you got New York.
Speaker 6: Okay, y'all want to jump the gun on this, but let's say let's say the Knicks do make it to the finals.
Speaker 2: Who would y'all want to see them play against?
Speaker 3: I know, I know, we still got some basketball to play.
Speaker 2: A man, there we go.
Speaker 3: I want because I won't see I won't see Cat and Julius they got swapped each other. Yeah cause somebody go say, see, y'all, y'all made a mistake that this could have been y'all if they make.
Speaker 6: It, if they both make it to the finals, we're still gonna say.
Speaker 2: That, of course, because who win?
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, Okay.
Speaker 2: Hey, I won no no, you see, if you had me, the role would have reversed.
Speaker 6: If you had me, you kept me, Hey, hey, oh Joe, Yeah, it happened in Minnesota and the Knicks, except for bed partner. Believe that who you got, you got who you got in Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Wolves and Young Wolves.
Speaker 5: Hey, hey and Joe, Imagine New York if they boyster god damn championship trophy.
Speaker 2: Oh man, come on, imagine the city of New.
Speaker 4: York if they helped when the god damn Championship.
Speaker 3: I mean that's like like when when a Boston or the Lakers. Because you talking about Cornerstone franchises, you talking about like from the beginning, it's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be bigger than that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, for your because it's been so long, just because of the duration and you got to go back to what seventy three?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's the last time they won a championship. The Knicks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, yeah, hey, them boys ain't gonna be no wrong in New York. Did that happened?
Speaker 4: Hey, listen, everything free, man, everything free.
Speaker 3: Look here, If Jalen Bronson brings the championship to the knickt.
Speaker 2: He golded, Yeah he is.
Speaker 3: He's looked at like Jeter, He's looked at like straight Hand, he looked at like l t. He's looked at like those great Yankees. That's how he'll be looked at, no question. Think about how they revered out those seventy teams Clyde Fraser, Earl the pearl and and.
Speaker 2: What was rested?
Speaker 3: So Wills reed, Look how they revered those bro have a lot of people don't even remember. Only Spike Lee remember the winning championship back then. Everybody else probably wasn't even born though, like two months old. Right, right for him to do that, especially at his size, at his side, Oh Joe six and he brings a championship. It's something about It's something about the little guy. It's something about the Iversons that we could wrap up.
Speaker 2: Man, I.
Speaker 3: Saw her y'ut man, Hey, y'all ain't much bigger than me.
Speaker 5: And you know the funny thing about it is is Ai was short, he was smaller stature. Jalalen Brunching is short and smaller stature. But they play like they play big. They play like they six six six seven yep, Oh man.
Speaker 3: Man, you couldn't let many. I had to have been six six six seven. What hey, hey, hey, that's hey. That's why he don't give us. That's why he don't give us everything. He can't he can't give us everything. What what if Brunce was six six right? He he ain't gonna give us everything. He's gonna give you.
Speaker 2: He's gonna get you enough to work with. O Joe, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I will give you some tools now, yeah, give some tools about you which worked?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 6: You're trying to cheat? Now, O Joe, you want to be about six four? What if OO was six? Gonna give you anything?
Speaker 4: I'm sixth I'm already six three.
Speaker 2: Now, don't worry about the Joe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I hate you know what I hate this? This is a game seven and one of the team's key players isn't going to be there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was already up. He's already up.
Speaker 3: Your climb, So now you tell me I got to climb the mountain and I ain't got no shoes. I mean, I understand if you don't give me no mountain boots, but dam at least they may have some some gortex, some sneakers.
Speaker 2: So now your trail shoes or something.
Speaker 6: Hey, hey, it's destined. It's destined for some teams to make it. Uncle, he got it is he has the level of playing field sometime, you know what I mean? So, uh, this is this is why I feel like the road for success for the Timberwolves is high man, because you know, I think they they've been resting, and I think they understand the moment as well. And I think I just think it'd be so cool for basketball. Man, if we could get the Timberwolves versus the Knicks in the finals, Oh my.
Speaker 2: God, that'd be nice. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gonna be different, though, it's gonna be the Yeah, I mean the Knicks. You need the Knicks, you need it. I mean, you can't have OKC in Indiana. I mean you could, but boy, boy.
Speaker 5: That's that's that's that's ugly.
Speaker 6: That we gotta put some respect on any other name. No, we gotta put some respect.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: The team is legit. Oh no, no, no, no, no, no, you you can't say nothing bad about the team because they get up and down the court. They can they can defend when they want to defend, but they're more interested in getting the ball out than there or taking it out or taking it off the rim and getting up and down the court.
Speaker 2: And sometimes they get a little careless. But no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: They got guys that can defend them hard Matt burn or Niece Smith.
Speaker 2: They got guys that can defend.
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely, They got guys that come off the bench Matt Burn and McConnell comes off the bench.
Speaker 2: Giving you quality, quality minutes.
Speaker 3: Occasionally TV will come out to bench and give you ten solid minutes.
Speaker 2: He'll get you a couple of points, a couple of rebounds.
Speaker 3: But it's it's that five with macconmberland math, it's that it's that seven.
Speaker 2: Now do we know they're committee.
Speaker 3: They're gonna look to have five, six guys in double figures every somebody might have twenty one to twenty two, and they're gonna have a bunch of teams nineteen eighteen, sixteen, fifteen. That's how they play. That's how they play. But everything is really predicated on how aggressive is Halliburton.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: When he is aggressive, they're a different team. Sometimes he becomes too passive. He doesn't look to get his shot, he doesn't look to get all the way down the hill. He's looking at you know, start and then and distribute. Nah, you got to stay aggressive. When he stays aggressive, their different. They were behind against Cleveland and then all of a sudden he got aggressive. He started shooting the ball. Yeah, now we saw.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think Haliburt is the key and the other guys around them, the SAMs, the Turners. You know those those guys can explode at any given night. I think Hallenburg definitely has to come out and be aggressive against Bronson. Man, this is this is gonna be much watch TV guys. You know these dudes, they've competed, they've been doubted the whole year. We already know what Hallerburg has been going through as far as being the most what overrated player?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, so.
Speaker 3: He's playing for something and he's been showed up, and I'm expecting this this series to go no different.
Speaker 2: You know, a drag.
Speaker 6: Out fight, two teams just being relentless amongst each other, and man, I just think it's gonna come down to home court advantage.
Speaker 2: Ojo Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think they'll probably start Michel Bridges will start on Myles, We'll start on on Halliburton. Do you think so O G O G will start on OG will start on siakam.
Speaker 4: Oh Yeah yeah, yeah, that's gonna be nice. When when that's year, when that sear we.
Speaker 2: Start again Tuesday?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think that's I think that's how they started. I think I think Avon Turner. Then I think Josh Hart will probably take He'll take either them hard or or Nie Smith.
Speaker 2: Right, right, man, there's some good match shows, bro. Yeah, oh for sure.
Speaker 6: Sure it may not be the prittiest basketball, but you're talking about some dudes competing at the highest level. Yeah, and trying to and then Brunson, Brunston and take mem Hard or Nie Smith, uh o g o g oh, g is gonna take.
Speaker 3: It's gonna take Siaka obviously, Kat Miles Turner. I believe they start. I believe Michael Bridges because he's long uh and will take will take.
Speaker 2: Halliburton.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you could you can match Hart and Brunstling, Okay, Nie smithm Hard go from there. But I don't I don't think they put I don't think they start brunting. I don't think they start brunting on Halliburton. What you're thinking, Joe, Nah.
Speaker 2: They're not.
Speaker 6: They probably they probably gonna start him on on them Hard or a.
Speaker 2: Smith East Smith.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're right, Yeah, because what you don't want is for Hallibert to get comfortable, So you're gonna have to keep keep somebody long rangey on him, pesky, somebody challenge them shots.
Speaker 2: They can pick him up, that can pick him up ninety four feet. Yeah. Yeah, it's gonna be a fun on man, It's gonna be a fun I know.
Speaker 6: You know, we talk about the Knicks making it to the finals, but time and time again, the Pacers have put themselves in position to be successful.
Speaker 2: So they've been.
Speaker 6: They've been pulling out wins and I don't think they could get so it's hard for me to go against the grain with these dudes.
Speaker 2: Man, they've been they just like New York.
Speaker 6: They've been gritty the whole season and it's not gonna stop now, like it's just gonna continue.
Speaker 2: So I'm looking forward to a good one.
Speaker 3: New York is moving to the Eastern Conference Finals one nineteen eighty one over the Boston Celtics. They will face the Indiana Pacers, who dispatched the number one seed in the Eastern Conference in five games, the Cleveland Cavaliers. Jimmy Butler says, it's really refreshing to be Steph Curry's sidekick on the Warriors. To come here and know I'm second to Steph. It's a really good thing to be his sidekick. It's really refreshing. I don't know if I've ever heard somebody that used to be in the number one all of a sudden happy with being number two. I got the expectations of the change because you do realize, Jimmy, they got you there because you're supposed to be the piece to get them over the hume.
Speaker 6: Hey, he's played this role before them. He's played with d Rose. He knows what it's like to be robbing. He knows what it's like to be, you.
Speaker 2: Know, a sidekick to some degree, and he's kind of like that. It was in Philly with Embided.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but again it all started at Chicago, you know, Jimmy.
Speaker 6: Jimmy had a different route and coming to the NBA. You know, he sat on the bisch in the first few years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so when he first round draft pick.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so when he finally got his chance, bro, he embraced it. He took advantage of the moment and he a look back. So he understands his role playing with Steph and uh, he knows it was gonna make them successful.
Speaker 2: O Joe.
Speaker 6: So I think that's why he's trying to starve in this robbing role as much as he can, especially if.
Speaker 3: It's gonna help them be successful. Well, he didn't start, but he didn't do very well. Maybe maybe he get off to a bettle start. Next year against the timber Wolves, he had that one game and that was it.
Speaker 6: That was it, Joe, I know, because that's because Arcanocho. We we trying. We won't Jimmy to score forty and fifty points.
Speaker 2: But he was out.
Speaker 6: He was he was he was without Steph Curry, so you know, it was it was tough. The onus was on him throughout the whole.
Speaker 2: Guy.
Speaker 6: I know, he got paid big money, but he wasn't gonna be able to beat them Timberwolves by himself.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: No, we just wanted to give us game that way, maybe we get stepped back for Game six, that's all. Hey, look, if I'm being honest, he looked like he'd been hobbled ever since he took that tough spell against Houston.
Speaker 2: He don't look like he'd been right.
Speaker 6: The way he moved out there, the way yeah, bro, it all looks a little.
Speaker 2: Orthodox to me. And don't he didn't look like he was moving well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I listen, I could. I can understand where Jimmy was coming from about being being the robin, you know, to to Steph Curry being batman, because I took that same approach. Remember hell, I stood on the table with Mike Brown and Marvil Lewis and that twenty ten season, I'm like, man, listen during the off season.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey coach, Hey Mike, we need to go get to Yo. We need to go get to Yo.
Speaker 5: Now you can understand what I've done for Cincinnati during that time, during that tenure, you know, and going in the year ten, I'm like, we need someone like this to get us over with the hump. We told one of the greatest players of all time and Mike and I told Mike Brown and Marv. I said, I have no problem taking my back seat to who I know, with my own two eyes, is better than me.
Speaker 4: In every statistical category. Bring him here, let's say, if we can get him help us out.
Speaker 5: I have no problem being being Robin, so I can understand where Jimmy's coming from and in a sense and taking that back see where the onus is really not on you. They have to do all the work obviously for more a little different because it's eleven man game, but.
Speaker 2: I get it. I get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Look, Steph makes it easier for everybody because the floor is more space, there's more tension, eyes on him, and there's less eyes on the other four individuals, and so god, he makes it easy for a lot of other people. That's what happens when you play with a great player, especially the greater the player of the historically great players. The greater the player, the more attention they draw, less attention you get. And so now that's why you hear all about saying, man, it's so easy playing with great players. Yeah, because they make your job easier because now you're not the focal point they are. Right, Steff is always going to probably get the best defender. And guess what y'all gonna try to bless hi, y'all gonna try to trap him, try to get the ball out of his hands. He's gonna swing. He's gonna always do the right thing, make the right late. Now you scrambled and try to get back playing playing playing four against three because he always gonna have two on the ball when he got it, or you're playing four against four.
Speaker 2: The quarter is so space and open, and they missed that against the t Warves.
Speaker 3: You know when yep, yeah, you know you need he He's a game changer, man, he you know, he's a guy.
Speaker 6: Who can explode for forty to fifty points. You know, he was probably gonna have at least one or two of them in that series. So without him, it was hard for me to see the Warriors getting pass him. And that's the thing when you look at it, I don't know if it gets any easier because as as as as Steph gets older, right, the West gets tougher. Yeah, there's a possibility Yannis comes to the West. There's a possibility, you know, the Lakers make a move, the Clippers can make a move. There's so much gore, I mean, that's why you have to really seize the moment.
Speaker 2: In the moment.
Speaker 3: Oh next year, man, Hey we get another year with Jimmy on our belt.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 3: That ain't no guarantee, It's not Ain't no guarantee, Ojo. Many the Rockets mess around and made to make a trade and they get Yannis, they get another piece boom. The Clippers, maybe they move something to the Lakers, maybe they trade Austin Reeves and get a true big Ain't no guarantees, man, That's why you have to take advantage of it in that situation.
Speaker 2: That's why I say Boston. You know, Boston won the championship.
Speaker 3: Oh, man, they're gonna be loaded for you to look and just like that, Jason Tatum gone for a year.
Speaker 2: Jason Tatum not playing next year. Yeah, now he's.
Speaker 3: Not playing next year. If I'm not mistakeing, Kevin Ram miss two seasons. Dam yes, it's it's definitely unfortunate.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: He missed. He missed eighteen months. He got hurt in June. The season started in October, he didn't play. Then they came back, he didn't start to play. They end up going to the bubble. He didn't play. So this is not an you know, this is not an injury. You know, a cl You see guys come back in seven months, eight months.
Speaker 2: I ain't happy with no achilles. Yeah, that takes you.
Speaker 3: It takes a lot of time because guess what, you're not bearing for six to eight weeks. Then you got to build that calf all the way back up. And there's a really high rate of retears and achilles. So you have to be extremely cautious. And I know JT's gonna do everything he possibly can to come back.
Speaker 2: He's young enough to come back. Look at KD.
Speaker 3: KD looked just as good, if not better, after the Achilles injury.
Speaker 2: Than he did before. KD didn't miss a beat. Ay, KD got that little damn frame though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know that that frame he' got make a huge difference. Well yeah, he I mean, I don't think j T. JT just got wide showder. J T ain't no size. I mean when you look at it, when you look at the little cavs, he gotta be. He gonna be all right. He coulda be all right, Joe, he will be. He gonna be all right. But like I said, take air on the side of caution. Yeah, you got a very problem. You got another. You got another ten years ahead of you. J T theer on the side of caution. I know the the athlete and you the champion in you gonna want to get back.
Speaker 2: But hey, don't even don't even chance it, bro, don't even chance it.
Speaker 3: Steen Kerr was asked about the Warriors offensive system and said, this is our solar system. Steph Curry is the sun. Stephan is one of the all time great players, playing at the peak.
Speaker 2: Of his powers close to it.
Speaker 3: How many more years Steph is what thirty seven, thirty six, thirty seven, how many more?
Speaker 2: How many more of these years do you believe we have with Steph. Joe.
Speaker 6: I think step I think Steph could play into his forties. Now yeh, what type of basketball are we talking about? I think I don't want to see him as the focal point. Maybe go team up with some guys that can take some pressure off of him.
Speaker 2: But if if he's not the the main guy to where you have to focus on.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I think he can play well until forto because I.
Speaker 2: Mean he a shoot a shoot shoot right. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think the problem gonna be is having to guard these little dudes that's coming into the NBA or that's ready here.
Speaker 2: You know, as you age it get a little, it gets tougher and tough keep up. And you heard G. G.
Speaker 3: Jackson say on the Scout Report, Yeah, don't let him fly, don't let it get away.
Speaker 4: I I mean who would you?
Speaker 5: Who would you get right where where Stepp doesn't have to touch the bomb? Obviously, Dramond sometimes you know.
Speaker 2: The points some time. But how long could Steph keep up.
Speaker 4: With the running over and over and over and over and over the way he does.
Speaker 5: I mean, he's to be able to being at his game is not just he doesn't bang as much.
Speaker 2: You know, well, he's not playing. He's not playing above the rim, he's not playing about does he doesn't.
Speaker 3: It doesn't require him putting his body on somebody, playing with his back to the back so you can bang on him or he's banging on you. That's not what he does.
Speaker 4: He might be able to play may past forty.
Speaker 2: Then If that's the.
Speaker 3: Case, oh yeah, I can see I can see him playing in another for four years, four five years. Yeah, I would not be surprised if he played into it until his forties, not just forty. He's thirty eight, he'll be what will he be? He's thirty seven? What will he be? Thirty eight? Probably this year?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you think he'll finish off with and uh oh he just turned thirty seven. In mark your career in Golden State. You think he'll go somewhere else or finish his career in Golden State?
Speaker 3: I think, I think. I think he's gonna be a I think he's gonna be a Kobe. I think he's gonna put that way, you know, if a Dirk, you know, Dirk put all twenty there, Kobe spent all twenty there.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know. Okay, it all depends it all depends on how much.
Speaker 3: It's not like Golden State is not going to try to surround him with talent, because we know that they've gone and got Kevin Durant. Kevin Durant, we see them go out and get Jimmy Butler, so Groover and Lakeham.
Speaker 2: If they don't have a problem.
Speaker 3: They've been in the luxury attack, they've been in the repeater, and so they'll do whatever it takes in order to win a championship.
Speaker 2: The question is if and win.
Speaker 3: Steph will ever feel that he doesn't have a legitimate chance of winning a championship in Golden State, then will he be willing to say, you know what, I need to move on or does he just walk away?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well, at what point will will Steph feel how Giannis feels in Milwaukee right now? But if he has owners that's willing to do what's necessary to continue to put the pieces around him to make sure you have a chance at continue each year, then he probably can finish.
Speaker 2: Know it's careerd.
Speaker 4: In Golden State, they got some.
Speaker 2: Pieces, I mean, think about it.
Speaker 3: They got Minga, they got Moody's from Draft Capital. I don't know if that you have the same because they had to trade some of it to get Jimmy Butler. I think they maybe gave up our first round pick in the Wiggans to get Butler.
Speaker 2: But you still got Kamingo, you got Moody.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think I think, Uh, I think Steph will I think he'll probably stick a round. I think they're gonna use some of those young guys they got and some good trade baiting go over there and try to bring in some more help to help the veteran group, because you just signed Jimmy to a two years Yeah, a two year deal.
Speaker 2: Yep, it was.
Speaker 6: It was a nice, healthy one and uh you know you got him, You got Jimmy dra mind Steph. Yeah, if you could add probably another some form of veteran help to some degree, Uh yeah.
Speaker 2: I think they can still make another run at it.
Speaker 6: But for the most part, I don't know, man, I can see him playing somewhere else.
Speaker 3: How many more peak years you think you got, you think you still play at that he can play at the level that he's playing at into his forties, or do we start to see a little, a little some of that dissipate.
Speaker 4: Oh man, it definitely wouldn't be the shot that dissipates.
Speaker 3: Well, well, as you get older, winning the first thing to go with your legs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's real hot. Will he be able to continue to run at that pace?
Speaker 3: Create the separation right, because it's still gonna screen hell at you and.
Speaker 6: He been doing all He's been doing a lot of running for these past few years. Man, so it's gonna catch up with you at some point. Look that that hamshring ay. It let him know, you know, all the time it's undefeated. But I think he definitely still has, you know, at least at least three to four more years left with good basketball in him.
Speaker 2: I just don't want to see all the pressure on him, you know what I mean, Like, yeah, you need some help.
Speaker 6: He maybe he ain't the leading scorer on the team, but he probably can be, you know, obviously one of your most important pieces.
Speaker 2: But I guess it's only time to tell Joe, what do you have Steph rank all time?
Speaker 3: Top five, top ten as far as guards or overall?
Speaker 2: Well, that's tough. I'll probably for sure put him top ten.
Speaker 3: I can see that guy. You got the top five or top ten. Now I've got him in the top five. I think I got him in the top ten, Bron Jordans, Kareem Cold Magic will for me, and then that's my top five.
Speaker 1: Ten.
Speaker 2: Oh, Kobe, did you say Duncan Duncan.
Speaker 3: I might put Duncan at six, Kobe at seven, but either way, just before this we're talking about top ten, Kobe Duncan is definitely in the top ten for me. Yeah, step I go Steph, Yeah, Steph bird shot.
Speaker 6: Okay, I can see that because Steph, he has changed the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yess iconic.
Speaker 6: You know he got these young dudes shooting from half court one step cross half.
Speaker 2: Now, he wasn't doing that. They wasn't doing that.
Speaker 6: And when I came out, when I came out of school in two thousands, you know, it's been it's been a thing, has been a lot different. So I definitely give him that. Man, he changed the game the way we play the game. Obviously playing with the Warriors, playing that that small ball he has, you know, put his mark on the game for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean theoretically you could put I mean, you could make a case that Duncan is the top five.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, I think I think to Reemond Duncan are the most underappreciated players great players because and I think it's because they're big, because you know, first of all, Kareem was surly.
Speaker 2: And he did he changed his name when it was very unpopular.
Speaker 3: You have to realize what was going on in the sixties and the seventies. Yeah, so he wasn't the most popular player. Tim Duncan didn't say anything. Can you remember anything, Can you remember anything in his nineteen year career that he said that you could like?
Speaker 2: Man, y'all remember when Tim said this, you can't listen.
Speaker 6: I had the pleasure to play against two of those Spurs teams and O three we had Stephan Mars playing with the Phoenix Sons. We had Stephan Marlberry's the one he's playing the point guards, me, Steph Penny, Sean Marion and Mark Stoudaman.
Speaker 2: Was just a rookie.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he was just when we was an a seed OCHO. We played against the Spurs who was the one seed and we won game one. After that, it was a gentleman's but Tim Duncan was so special, bro Like he was special man. Uh, nothing exciting about his game. He just got it done every night.
Speaker 2: You got that shit.
Speaker 6: Twenty fifteen thirty two seventeen. But you like, he ain't gonna wile you. You know, he just gonna go coop done.
Speaker 7: Miss the fundamental yep, I said that that shot your ass to death, right, And that's and that's why I think, uh, you know, people kind of underestimate, you know, his career and how its went.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Kareem, he what did Kareem do? He threw the sky hook?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was so he had the most dominant shot.
Speaker 2: Nobody else has been able to perspect it. But it's boring.
Speaker 3: You know, nobody even try to throw the sky hook unless they run, unless the shot clock run it down, and they just try to heave it up.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's a tough shot, man.
Speaker 3: You got to put you got to be in the gym working on that to be throwing that sky hook? Magic because you two yo, bet magine did the baby skuy geinst the Celtics.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing I think.
Speaker 3: I think those are two of the most underraty because you look at Kareem he has six MVPs six, led the league in scoring, led the league rebounding, led the league in block shots. He's a fifteen time All NBA selection, eleven time All defensive selection, a nineteen time All Star, he was the all time leading scorer in NBA history.
Speaker 2: He's the third leading rebound in NBA history.
Speaker 3: People don't talk about Kareem Big Duncan five championships could have easily had six if Ray Allen didn't hit the most unbelievable shot in a pressure rized moment in NBA history. Man, he's a defensive player. Didn't Timmy to win the Defensive Player the Year? I know, either three time Finals MVP of a two time MVP. I don't know if he wasn't a defensive Player the Year. But he's an All defensive player, bad boy, Fifteen time All Defensive Player, fifteen times All the NBA, fifteen time All Star. And people look at him like he like he failed a cheating all and nobody. I mean, has anybody ever won I mean, hadn't he won like a thousand games? He won like a thousand games? Yeah, I don't think he.
Speaker 2: I don't think he ever won less than fifty. Yeah. Pop had the well or engine over there.
Speaker 4: Pop had it going for for years.
Speaker 3: Hey, okay, y'all remember you know, back when they got Duncan. I think David Robinson was still there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I think he had got hurt the year before something they had that they had their sub far season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they were they were a great team.
Speaker 6: But I think they had a major injury and that's how they got the number one pick and it happened to be Tim Duncan and it just took him, It took him over the top.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tim Duncan, he won more games than anybody in the NBA history, Right, He's won a thousand and one game other than one. So if a god played twenty years, he would need to win fifty games regular season.
Speaker 2: That's just regular seasons. You need to play twenty years and win fifty games every.
Speaker 4: Year to get to a thousand postseason as well.
Speaker 2: Oh no he didn't. I ain't count his postseason wins.
Speaker 3: He got five championship, three m VPS, three finals MVPs, two regular season MVPs. Yeah, a lot of these records ain't gonna never be broken, man, Like this, all them records.
Speaker 2: Lebron satting every time he scores a record. Nobody catching that.
Speaker 5: Nobody Still you don't think nobody catch Lebron, especially now that the game has changed it's more free flow.
Speaker 3: I don't know if they're gonna be able to play long enough. O yo, And you can see you gotta think O yo. You said if he stopped. Now he's still playing. He's still he's still added that like Tom when Tom broke the record, and like, man, I don't know if anybody gonna break this record.
Speaker 2: And then he plays another three years. Hey, I can really, I.
Speaker 3: Can really see Lebron player at least at bare minimum two more years.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 6: Look, it ain't even just the longevity, it's just how impressive.
Speaker 3: He's doing it. He's still scoring twenty four and a half points a game at forty oh cho like that. Man, listen, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think you know, Luca makes it a little bit more easy because now.
Speaker 2: He doesn't all as much. Yeah, m that's that's crazy.
Speaker 4: Well, if they if they get if they get another special piece, the Lakers, the Lakers leader Big, they're gonna be nice.
Speaker 6: Because because the Timberwolves ain't going nowhere Bigger Nah No, Okay, so he's not going anywhere either.
Speaker 2: Houston's up and coming.
Speaker 3: They got the pieces to make a move to go get somebody impressive, right, the Clippers, I don't know if.
Speaker 2: They have that. I don't know if they have the draft capital huh.
Speaker 3: I mean really the only player that's I mean, you you want to do everything you can to keep Harden and Kawhi.
Speaker 2: And the big zoobots.
Speaker 3: So I don't know if they have the pieces to go get somebody else to aid them. Yeah, But a lot of these records like they I mean Lebron theoretically how many points he got, like forty two thousand, forty one thousand. I mean theoretically he could retire with forty three thousand points. He got forty two thousand, so theoretically he could have forty. If he plays two more years, he'll have forty four thousand. Man, forty four thousand points. That's crazy, man, God, never gonna be Ain't nobody catching that?
Speaker 2: Bro? They not catching it?
Speaker 3: I mean, And what he's a he could easily be first team All NBA. So that'll be a fourteen times first team All NBA selection. He's gonna be here. He's gonna make one of the teams one through three. So now he'll be a twenty one time All NBA selection. He's a twenty one time All Star. What five times All NBA? Four time will be what five or six time All NBA, four or five first Team All NBA Selections, four MVPs four Finals, MVPs three, All Star Game, MVPSY.
Speaker 5: That's the funny thing, uh and Joe, when you think about everything Lebron is accomplished, or the pressures that won him when he came out of high school, the consistency and everything he was able to overcome and being consistent year and a year out and all the accolades, his resume and his totality, and there are still people that have things negative to say about him when it comes to the game of basketball, like that's like they have at this point, you just have to make up something, or like he's done it all.
Speaker 4: What else can he do?
Speaker 2: Comes with him? Man comes in territory.
Speaker 4: What the hell else can you do? That's nothing, That's that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, These seventy six ers are expected to listen to offers for the number three overall draft pick. Per the Athletic, it's expected that the Sixers will listen to offers for the number three, but it's unclear whom.
Speaker 2: The team would take if it stays Rutgers.
Speaker 3: Bailey has been seen as the biggest upside swing and he feels a theoretical position of need for the Philly as a big wing That means that possibly, I mean, are you gonna move We'll talk about that in a minute. But he also is viewed as the more of a project scouts an executive than the Sixers front office that.
Speaker 2: Likely need to win next year to keep their jobs.
Speaker 3: I've also gotten a wider sense of the appreciation of the front offices for the edge Combe than Bailey.
Speaker 2: Are the Sixers?
Speaker 3: Question is are the Sixers a pickaway or trade away from being a contender? You got Joel Embiid, you got PG, you got Tyree's mack. See, he's mainly the piece that puts them over the hunt. Let me tell you they need to swing that pick into a a proven player man, I like Bailey.
Speaker 6: They they be crazy out to draft Bailey with that third pick. Let me tell you all these kids are projects. What they mean, uh, Cooper Flag is a project? Like they ain't no giving.
Speaker 3: None of these dudes gonna come into this league and in the first year you're banking on them to play significant minutes and and and turn you into a household franchise.
Speaker 2: No, it's it's gonna it's gonna take time.
Speaker 6: Even if Okay, Dallas draft Cooper Flag and they keep him with a D and that's gonna be a project as well, right, Like they all gonna be projects, man.
Speaker 2: But they'll win that.
Speaker 3: I believe they'll win more because they got more solid quality players to start with.
Speaker 2: A lot of.
Speaker 3: Times when the guy goes number what, overall he's going to a team they ain't really got nothing to work with. I mean like like, man, he went to the he went to Uh, he went to Meddle Soda. Damn they had cat Cat wasn't one on wrong draft pick right right, and cat Cat.
Speaker 6: Had to suffer through all them years and who Okay, we get a number one pick again.
Speaker 2: Then we got Man. Now we got us something. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's kind of how it goes, you know what I mean. Uh, But I like a Baile, I like it's upside. Yes, yes, he will be a project, but I.
Speaker 3: Think in two to three years he will for sure, you know, be able to help Philly, you know, definitely do something.
Speaker 5: So that means I don't think they don't have nothing in the draft, right you think about it, a team even willing or even thinking about listening to office for that third pick. So there's nobody in this draft coming out this year that is similar to how and Man was when he was at Georgia.
Speaker 2: Nothing mm hmm. And and and.
Speaker 3: That, like or Lebron or Wimby or Zion, you like, can't miss right, can't miss, don't only thing. And I said this before, I said, the only thing that concerned me about Zion is his way, because he's a big young man, big young man, turn of the big old man, big old man can't play sports.
Speaker 2: He's really that simple, O, Joe. I think they might move it, but look, I never got that.
Speaker 3: I never got the sense, Joe, you can correct me from our own living is resting here.
Speaker 2: What you think.
Speaker 3: I never really felt that Zion was happy about going. I think zaiyall would have preferred to be number three overall and go to New York.
Speaker 2: To be number one overall and go to New Orleans.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I definitely agree. I think his run in New Orleans is over. But I never I never felt his heart was there, you know, and playing, because the only way you can show that you cares if you get your butt out there on the court. Yeah, you know, get a fan something to see and for the most part, it's been non existent.
Speaker 2: Now when he do play, oh, he's unbelievable. He is amazing.
Speaker 6: So uh yeah, I'm sure I'm sure he won't that New York Market. I'm sure he wanted to go there. He would have. Oh my god, can you hey you you you're right, You're right, Joe.
Speaker 3: And you know, it's like everybody's gonna sign that Rookie Max expansion.
Speaker 2: You be foolish not to.
Speaker 3: It's one hundred and fifty hundred and sixty million dollars and you're coming out and going into your third you know, coming out of your third year, you be foolish not to sign it. But he was like, man, first chance I could get. You know, he liked one of them guys. Guys like man, he's a really hard worker when he shows up now he works hard. We just can't get him to come out all the time. You know, you you've heard boss and say that about workers. Boy, he actually you get him here now, he gonna work for you. He's just getting him here. With Zion's on the court, nobody can question Zion's ability. It's just that more times than not, O Joe, he's probably missed more games than he's playing game, and it's hard. The fans get frustrated, front office get frustrated.
Speaker 2: You know. Now all of a sudden, people are questioning, how serious are you taking it? You see, you're not controlling your wage, You're not disciplined like you.
Speaker 1: Need to be.
Speaker 2: It's just it's it's a tough sale.
Speaker 6: I think it's gonna be a lot of moving pieces this summer in the NBA, meaning like I do to some big guns, I think I do too.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get moved around this summer. I love what the game is to.
Speaker 6: You know, these teams competing in the playoffs, we've been able to see some pretty good basketball. I know this the Celsius game tonight wasn't great, but for the most part, you know, everything's been competitive. Uh, it's been fun to watch. And then ultimately that's what you want, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, they just got this this new deal. They going to Amazon NBC. So you're in the first year this collective bargain new deal, what seventy seven billion? So I think you'll have some pieces too. I think they're gonna be I think there's gonna be a lot of movement this offseason. A lot of movement. Yeah, I definitely do. Like I'm talking about some of my favor and somebod Yeah, yeah, I wouldn't be I wouldn't be surprised if Philly move Paul George or try to.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't be surprised if Philly moved in Bid. I wouldn't either.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what I'm saying maybe MB to the Lakers you're talking about, you say we need they need to be huh what you think?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, But the thing.
Speaker 3: Is that what you want, you want Ruey and Austin Reeves because you're not getting Lebron. Lebron has no trade and you're not getting Luca. So what do you want Oustar, Reeves and RUI.
Speaker 6: That's yeah, Yeah, they're gonna have to take They're gonna have to take something. But it definitely won't be Lebron Luca. Yeah, it won't be neither one of them because you want to pay them with them right then?
Speaker 3: Ooh and that's yeah, that's yeah. But I think there's gonna be a lot of moving pieces. Would I be surprised if the Pelicans moves on on? No, I think there's a sixty seventy percent chance to.
Speaker 2: Do yeah, I agree.
Speaker 6: I think soon as they probably working on it right now, soon as the trade, soon as the trade open up.
Speaker 3: And here's the thing, I'm not so sure either one to be disappointed. I don't think Zion to be disappointed if he traded, and I don't think the Pelicans front office can be traded.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, now, he might be disappointed depending on where he goes.
Speaker 2: He ain't he even be disappointed. I don't think he.
Speaker 3: I don't think he think looks at anything it's worse than where he currently is. Not just me talking, I don't know. I know who he is, but I'm not saying I'm not talking to it. But I don't think.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think he views any place that he could potentially go in the NBA is worse than where he's currently at and.
Speaker 4: Where New Orleans is beautiful, bro, But New Orleans is that, Yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Is if you want to go sight see, if you want to go eat.
Speaker 5: Even from a basketball standpoint, I mean I view Zion is one of those players generational talents that can change the game. He can change the franchise. He just hadn't been able to stay on the court. Okay, So how can he change it off the court?
Speaker 2: Is he a martyr?
Speaker 3: He's simple here he'll heal the activist. I mean, so, how you gonna change it?
Speaker 4: Sure he ain't gonna change it nowhere else? Then what's the difference?
Speaker 3: Hey, who knows? I mean sometimes you go to a change city red. Oh show you you heal up like Luke Man heal up? And then guess what you ain't making that bit? You ain't need no ben a, you need no a two faith, no bude and no jumper.
Speaker 2: Liar you? I mean, o yo, if you got it first of all?
Speaker 3: Uh, I think New Orleans or Memphis, one of them is, like, was voted the fastest city than in the USA, the fattest. Yeah, so you don't want to be if I if I got if I got an eating problem, oh yo, the last place I want to be. He'll the place that have food and I could get it in the top nor he everywhere got food everywhere ain't got no food like New Orleans.
Speaker 2: Stop it ain't no.
Speaker 3: I wonder how they probably got one vegan spot in New Orleans. Everything else is heavy cream, heavy sauce LRD.
Speaker 5: Hey say, some of the best cooking in the world. Come from down in New Orleans Many.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, and.
Speaker 3: Guess what as soon as you eat it, you want to go lay down and go to sleep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I want to. I want to see him. I want to. I want to see Zion move to. I ain't gonna lie. I want to see you might need to.
Speaker 6: We might need to get him down there in Miami with pat Riley. Oh jo let him, let him put their work on him. Oh okay, okay, I'll make a call. There might be one that might be one person I might be able to get this something y'all might be able to get in.
Speaker 3: Y'all might have answer that on yo, I mean paying with bam and hey, he wrote wrote, I like that.
Speaker 2: That'd be a nice front line. I like him and Bail.
Speaker 5: I like it, But I'm honestly I like I like Joannis and John.
Speaker 2: I bet you I bet you do like Yanni. Hey, hey, I like I like to be honest with you like I like ya job. I bet you do. Like they ain't getting no yohnis in job bro. I'm sorry to tell you all right, listen, I sat in the rooms. I hadn't been in the room, so.
Speaker 6: I okayoe I got another hypothetical for y'all. I got one more hypothetical. Okay, uh, let's say we get a man and it's it's a g shay. Next round, Let's say, okay, see gone cloth the boys out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I can see that t wolves and the thunder the next round. Who y'all got? Oh all right, damn it?
Speaker 4: Hey, honestly, I'm going.
Speaker 2: Who you going with? And yeah, I'm going to just.
Speaker 5: Listen if ant man polish you know what off and get that goddamn trophy in that ring. Man, I don't care if you don't want to be the face of the league, boy, you better.
Speaker 2: You going on?
Speaker 4: You to be the NBA logo nigga.
Speaker 6: Hey, look, and that's the thing that scares me an Ocho because he don't want none of that. He don't want to Sometime when you chosen, you don't have a choice because the things that's going to be presented, you know, as far as y'all making it.
Speaker 2: If y'all can make it to the UH.
Speaker 6: Finals and you do win a championship, man, listen, you can tell them posts all you want to.
Speaker 2: You don't want to be no face because he understands what comes along with the face. You don't.
Speaker 3: He don't want to give up what he has going on now in the face you can't.
Speaker 2: That he does, hey man, like to be in cognito, Yeah, because they're gonna scrutinize you.
Speaker 6: You know, they gonna fish bowl and everything you do, they gonna attack you.
Speaker 2: That's part of it.
Speaker 3: I think I read a quote today George says he doesn't know if he could have played in the social media age, the Twitter and all that.
Speaker 2: Other stuff, because they think about it.
Speaker 6: Think about think about all of the stuff he got into and we didn't even have that back then, you know what I mean, They was catching him doing all these things.
Speaker 2: Man, nowadays it's it's and people.
Speaker 3: People were happy to keep a secret that they saw George out in such and such place. Now they they ain't happy. They ain't tried to keep no secret. They tried to put you.
Speaker 4: On blast phones out, bones out, flash out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, guess when I saw our laughs at at like three o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 2: Man, you ain't gonna believe man, you ain't gonna believe this. Who do you think they can tell me this with you? But I hate people do that, hey man, You he you ain't gonna guess who I saw? Who?
Speaker 3: Man, bro, I ain't ask you where you were. You told me, I'm not gonna guess who you saw? So now who did you see?
Speaker 2: Man? Fact, I don't even want to know no more.
Speaker 5: Man, don't worry about it, thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's the thing. Uh and so now people could keep a secret back then. Yeah, ain't nobody keeping no secret now, no want to be the first one to tell.
Speaker 6: They want to be the folk, the folk one one. They want to give you, damn folk first. There you go, there you.
Speaker 2: Go, Hey, how was such and such? Who is that? Yeah? Yeah, now you trending? You going viral? And you don't even know nothing about it.
Speaker 3: All the all the time, the guys used to come into the city, or they go to nikkis, or they go to x Y, and you never knew about it. Man, it's hard to get somebody to go to the place of note somebody. Man, I saw such and such a bro That man didn't ask you to tell that, right, he didn't even want that. As a matter of fact, I ain't want nobody to know. He told you.
Speaker 2: That's why he didn't take no picture with you, because he didn't want you to bost it. Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: The volume