Speaker 1: Oh yeah, what's up? Y'all?
Speaker 2: Was going on?
Speaker 1: Brother Rado.
Speaker 2: He's a legendary Queen's rapper.
Speaker 1: Hey hangs agree? Is your boy in OII?
Speaker 3: He's a Miami hip hop pioneer. What Up is dj e f N Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players in music.
Speaker 2: And sports, you know what I mean, the most.
Speaker 3: Professional, unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drum facts.
Speaker 1: This is drinks Champer. Every day is New Year's Eve. That's yo, y'alla, y'all yo, it's your boy in o What up is DJ F It is drink chas motherfucking badcast ba And right now I have to properly introduce these two icons in my in my eyes, definitely one of the people who the motivators of the culture, people who pushed the kulture forward, people who stood by the artists. How I remember being down with them. I never sold under one hundred thousand my first week.
Speaker 2: They may shure your autist.
Speaker 1: When they get behind them, they're now calling their selves servants and they richest have How do you get richer and get more humble at the same time is something that me and you.
Speaker 2: Have to learn because you're a greedy bastard, because I'm.
Speaker 1: A greedy a fact. Right now, we got two of my favorite CEOs, two people who helped made me a man when I was coming from boy to being a man and having money and not knowing what to do it to people who shape and mold me and told me go out there and bust your ass. And it's only right.
Speaker 4: We're in a conference room, executives.
Speaker 5: Let's make some noise for Leo calls Carol Lews.
Speaker 1: God, damn, goddamnit, Leo, you got you got one of the best hip hop stories I ever in my life. And my whole a luxurious nineteen years was. I remember when Jo Rule was getting like kind of played out and you didn't clear a record for Fat Joe and I did a jar RUVIDI right. And you know, most executives they want to meet with you and they say.
Speaker 2: You know, if you come along, But Leo said.
Speaker 1: Bring your whole crew. He said, bring your whole crew. And he gets this job Rule video and he comes to meet to be a Right Track studio and he has all my boys there. He puts the video in and he goes, how do you like this video? I say, you know I like myself. So I'm looking at myself. I'm like, he said, do you know what I think? I said no, he said, I think it's popcorn. At the time, I like popcorn. So I was like, popcorn is cool, and he goes, Jo rule won't exist in four months because of the records he's doing. Why would I invest in Nori for nor to be like Jorol? So he said to me, Nori, if I cut you right now, what would you bleed? And I said blood? And he said, now ask me the question, Nori. So I said, Lee off, I cut you right now, what would you bleed? He said, run dmc sucker And then he asked me the question again. He said, so, Nori, if I cut you right now, what would you bleed? I said, super Doug and he said exactly. The car service is downstairs.
Speaker 6: See my job.
Speaker 1: Old video made me go see for real. And if it wasn't for that exact move, I wouldn't have one of the biggest hits of my life, which is nothing homeboy, I came to party, Let's make some noise.
Speaker 2: Why do you keep it so real with your artists like that?
Speaker 1: Like you could have you could have you could have you could have like said it to me like nicer, but you didn't.
Speaker 6: So I want to do to you and to my artists, to my comrades, how I want to be done on that wasn't that was in English? Let's do that again? Can someone help me? What's it saying?
Speaker 4: You try to do onto others how you would want to be done to yourself?
Speaker 6: So I only want the truth. I'm so tired of the cryptic language. I was telling people upstairs, there's this guy that I love in the door and his name is Joaqum. And he used to say to me, it's all good. And I used to say, what the fuck does that mean? I want to shoot a DMX video tomorrow? He would say it's all good, and I'm I'm so exhausted trying to figure out what people mean. I just want people to tell me exactly how I'm doing.
Speaker 1: I just did a speech upstairs.
Speaker 6: I go to Kevin. I said one to ten. He said four. I said, I said, how do I get it to a ten next time? Okay, that's it. He didn't say it, Oh, it's a nine point five five. And you know what I'm saying, Because I just want to I want to improve, so you know, when you're on stage or when you're doing this, you want people around you that give you constructive criticism. You want to be the biggest, the best podcast in the world. That's so anyhow, That's basically the reason why I keep it so gully is that's how I want it done to me. The reason why I never walked around with security guards is real thorough people have Plan B, C, D, N E. You don't get in trouble with thorough people if you allow them the ability to go to their Plan B. If you retard their ability to go to Plan B, that's when you get in trouble. That's when you have to walk around with security guards. Okay, but you can't be mad at me when I tell you your records are stiff over no one cares or spinning it because then they could go to Plan B. But when you tell them a stiff record, oh it's working, I need a few more weeks, and it just gets deeper and deeper, and you get colder and colder. That's when you get in trouble. So I've always kept it very, very honest and direct because that's just how I wanted.
Speaker 7: That's it's a beautiful thing now, Kevin Laws keV, I remember me being on the label and you did something that was like so important. You You made us stay on the road like the Red Man's, the Method Man's, the Noriega's, the Camerons, the Jewel Santana, the freeways at that time, and like we wouldn't get like the other side named. We were like I want to say b list, but not b lists, you know what I'm saying. Let's not say be listen on the rise on the rise, And so we probably meted, never got the two million dollar bunchets, but.
Speaker 1: We would make that two million, but we would earn that two million, and it was almost like you felt better, like you know what going out there?
Speaker 2: Why was that your approach?
Speaker 1: Like the artist has to hit the road and touch them babies and and kiss kiss girlfriends and other people's girlfriends.
Speaker 8: And I think what was important for me man I being a former artist, being being out on the road. If you don't touch it, how you know what the baggy feels like, how you know what the smell like?
Speaker 6: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: So I wanted you guys to always touch your fans.
Speaker 2: We like baggies, nor.
Speaker 1: What's the new slogan? Fu the cake? We want the bands you.
Speaker 2: Okay, don't. We don't got the champagne yet, all right, So I'm sorry.
Speaker 8: So it was just all about you guys, not not being distorted. You know, sometimes you have a hit record and you go by the big house and you sit up in the house with your friends and then you forget you know, really what made it, you know what I mean, and what it felt like to have that fan and even to this day is why the guys that you're name they can all go around the world and make a living to that day because you kept touching the fans, kept touching the bag, and that was part of it. And now it's a loss.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 8: Now you got labels, they'll say his. We're not worried about your tour, don't. We're not involved in that. That's your money.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 8: If you fuck up on that, you fucking our money up too. So we got to make sure three sixty three and six degree that you're always working. I never managed, nor never managed any of the guys, but I always managed you. When shit went down, I got the call. I don't get what was going down when it went down. I got that call, so it was always in the road. Was a good friend to us.
Speaker 2: Okay, So now how hard was it for you guys?
Speaker 1: Because at one point when I thought def Jam, I thought leol Kevin Russell?
Speaker 2: So how how how hard.
Speaker 1: Was it when it was like, you know, I know you went to Atlantic first before you started three hundred, But how hard was that decision to say I'm gonna leave the place that you basically built?
Speaker 6: So let's be clear that I sold the company to Universal, and I went to Island and Mercury and formed We founded Island Deaf Champ. So before Atlantic, there was five years you conveniently forgot. So listen, if you're not busy being born, you're busy dying. So that was beautiful. We make coffee table books. I flipped through the pages. I see friendly faces and moments in time that I adore and love. But I'm about the present. So you know that whatn'ce was, it was a beautiful memory. It's nice that people recognize me and give me that for my contribution. But I don't live I don't you come to my house. There's no f yi, this is who I once was. Okay, don't live off the past. No, So I'm only focused right here and right now. I want to continue, continue to contribute, be a great partner to Kevin and my artists. And until I can't contribute, I'm going to be on the court. And when I'm on the court and I go for that read, You're going to get tapped by my elbows. Okay, simple as that. You know, it's funny, how about you? It's funny.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: I came.
Speaker 8: I was from Baltimore, so me coming and as an intern, you get me coming up. We all thought of his intern Russell was a intention was mikey is.
Speaker 1: Are working at radio Shack, and then Russell Simmons hired them from Radio Shack.
Speaker 8: Tower Records, Tower Records, shout out the guy. You know the thing with me, all of us, you kind us open. We blent death can it's not even a thing. And selling the company didn't mean we didn't still love and live for the company. Building a new company. But now the deft and music didn't mean that we left hip hop our responsibility and always totally are I really only want to do this with him, you know what I mean at the end of the day. But we got to continue to build the pyramid so we can continue to get bigger and employ more people and keep the culture moving.
Speaker 1: So we never stopped. And I think right now what you're seeing.
Speaker 8: As a servants of young people who are living in today because they were native to the internet. Sometimes we get caught up in our memories or what we did, and it impedes our possibilities because anything is possible for anybody to be alive today and don't feel anything as possible. So when Lea said, Yo, we want to do it again. You want to do another record company?
Speaker 1: I said, hell, yeah, we could. Now thought it was crazy to do it. I said, yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 8: So to me, if we're not reinventing ourselves every day, making ourselves better, putting more tools in our toolbox, I don't think we're gonna build bigger houses and better houses and more places for people that live and growing.
Speaker 6: So Kevin's always thinking about others. And I so appreciate that. I just gave a speech for one thousand people upstairs and I made reference to the Cold Crush Brothers.
Speaker 2: And nobody knew what else I was about to say.
Speaker 6: So bold a smack, a man with his gun kiss his woman. This his mother and don't even run now that's boor and I had to hold that. Come on, they're going to see me wrapping here to explain who the cold the panel with Charlie Chase too.
Speaker 2: One person.
Speaker 1: I remember this is this is one of the best days of my life, right, me and you was trying to do business since nineteen ninety eight when I was on penalty records and you realized that I was the only one moving on penalty records.
Speaker 2: I think he was trying to buy penalty at.
Speaker 1: First, and then he said, look it, I'm just getting nory, which is a smart move. So we was trying to do business for years. And then when I finally get to death Jam, I signed the papers and I believe you had crystal there. I believe you had some crystal there. And I smoked the blunt in the war room. It wasn't your office, it was the war room. I smoked the blunt. Then you took like two hits and then I asked you, leo, what's that picture right there? And it was you on the run DMC tour and your nose is bloody, and I said you.
Speaker 2: Had a fight. He said no.
Speaker 1: I sniffed cocaine all night.
Speaker 6: And listen, I just classic back in the disco fever, you got mad.
Speaker 2: Kids, we got with sixteen heard that, man, you've been.
Speaker 6: Fucking so sorry talking about the blow right, So back in the disco fever days.
Speaker 2: Let's get to me.
Speaker 6: I don't think anybody actually knows about the disco fever one sixty ninth in Jerome and Sweet Gee was the doorman and the host. We used to there was no one that didn't have one hundred dollars bill dancing. That's how we danced like that. So it wasn't because I was sniffing blow. We're all sniffing.
Speaker 1: I just thought that story was zeal because I'm sitting there expecting him to say no, I had to fight with my DMC's like, nah, we didn't tell you to bring it all, but we're glad.
Speaker 2: With ice.
Speaker 1: Please come on to win. You know he's your biggest fan. By the way, who are you? What are you doing here? That's what they all doing so and I remember you was the first person Leon to tell me I had radio skills, and I bring it back.
Speaker 2: I'm fresh a membering.
Speaker 1: It was a time at depth Jam where nobody was messing with Starr and Black, why nobody would go up.
Speaker 2: There, and he had he had this.
Speaker 1: Prodigy the week before, and when he had mentioned my name, I just was furious. So I did not buy to death gam rules. And I went up there and I handled Star like you know, I don't mean like handling, but you know what I'm saying like, I.
Speaker 2: Destroyed the interview. And Leo called me and said, you must come to the office now. And I said, Leo, I'm mad, tired. He's like, and I'm hungry.
Speaker 1: He goes say that again. He said you must come to the office now, and I said, I'm tired and I'm hungry.
Speaker 2: He said, First off, he said, you must eat the pink tea cup.
Speaker 1: He preferred me to pink tea cup, you said me, and Russell's to sniff coco like this sleep.
Speaker 2: I always remember your coach stories, my love, you called me. And then when I got can you imagine hold on ahead?
Speaker 6: Can you imagine that vegan eating yoga twisted?
Speaker 1: And Russell used to eat.
Speaker 6: Three meals a day at the pink tea cup.
Speaker 1: He issued, what.
Speaker 2: Poor pinknuckles?
Speaker 1: He said, and they had to eat the pic But you told me, you said, because it was something that squarked in that interview with you know, Star was the man in New York at the time, and he controlled the interview. But it was something that I did when I controlled, when I flipped it back on Star, and you was like, I believe you said, I want you to start the artist development Company. It was something like that. But this so that this what led to this is responsible for Drink's. But how like we got dayDay here, you guys are involving, evolving with these new artists. Now, how do you find these artists? Are they hot or do somebody bring them to you? Or so let me let me explain to you how day they work. Let's go day. They had a record.
Speaker 6: In a very specific and important club that was starting to work. And when our ain't our executive, very talented partner of our Selene brought us the record, he said, I just want you to listen to the patience of how this man raps. And there was something so beautifully patient about how he went on to some of those phrases and those words. It was obvious that he was very talented.
Speaker 2: And so I'm daddy, let me just tell you something about man.
Speaker 1: You with two order people who if you listen, you can be the most successful person ever. But what's going to happen is success is gonna fuck with you, and it's gonna tell you you ain't gotta listen because we all go through it. You got to listen. You gotta go crazy to know that you're you're not crazy. You gotta go crazy once, right, you went crazy? Ready, look like you already some time? But who are you from?
Speaker 2: In Atlanta?
Speaker 9: From fourth word of Atlanta boulevard sound rough? You know, it's real.
Speaker 2: That's what's up. That's what fourth fourth word? Okay?
Speaker 1: And now, so how did you get How did you get involved with three hundred?
Speaker 9: I had got involved with three hundred through Knitty Beats. You know, shout out Nitty, you know, but Nitty had a strong relationship with Kevin No, so shout out Kevin loud, you know. So you know, I guess they had a great relationship. And you know, by my talent heaven with Nitty Beats, I guess you know, they linked up with Kevin and you know how this situation happened. But I appreciate them, you know, and I appreciate the team for working hard.
Speaker 1: You know, we're here. They for hard to have you here. We don't even have new artists here, but Lee all put us foot down. And I can't say.
Speaker 2: I can't say.
Speaker 4: The record was popping in one particular club.
Speaker 1: What club was that?
Speaker 2: Shout out? Look, Coral Look.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, that's what's up. Very important, man, I'm just telling you. Man, let me take over off. Let me just explain something to you. First of all, I'm humbled to be here, oh man. I mean always mes arise.
Speaker 6: When someone actually wants to hear my words.
Speaker 2: It's I'm humbled.
Speaker 1: He imitates you. That's how much we want to hear I don't. I don't take it for granted, ignori.
Speaker 6: So bravo to you, and bravo to you, Bravo to your whole crew.
Speaker 2: Let's hear it. We also got large on the building.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I must say, you're busy being born and the fact that you are understanding the new digital era, that this is a powerful radio station and you don't need a signal exactly. You decided to get some fucking champagne and some liquor and get your man here and and and do a podcast. The amount of influence and power that you have by your voice, your interviews, and your perspective is just fabulous because you know what it is.
Speaker 1: Leo see, a lot of a lot of media has never been a part of the culture. So this is now people reporting the culture from inside the culture.
Speaker 2: It's like if Jordan's will pick myself to Jordan, but.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe it's okay, yeah, okay, maybe after Jordan plays the game. If Jordan is interviewing the artist, it's like, some people consider it cheating, but it's about time real niggas found a way to cheat. This makes.
Speaker 2: I know I chose well.
Speaker 1: Listen, if I had a nineteen career, a nineteen year career, and I wasn't being cool with everybody, like it all makes sense now, Like I always kept great relationships. I always like to tell people that, you know what I'm saying, like Kevin changed my heart, my life.
Speaker 2: Gracious Racis so it's gracious.
Speaker 1: You can come to us now. We know you did rap Radar. It's a mistake. Well there's a mistake. They was born and almost go to sleep there. They weren't got sorry about it, but make some noise for you being here. We got Kevin out and Lee on together. I'm sorry yelly. You know, I just got to take it. You know they number three, they number they did down there. You know they they mad that. You know, a guy who never went to college is running their job better. But who But listen, man, you guys have been I love this DMX story where DMX jaw was broke and you hate rhymes for you and you still knew he was a star.
Speaker 2: What is Joe Wyatt?
Speaker 1: If you got seat through a vision like you knew that every every rapper.
Speaker 6: So the real story was I drove up to Yonkers with IRV because he wanted us to hear him.
Speaker 2: By two thirty, he still.
Speaker 6: Wasn't there, and the rough Riders were trying to present every calm dick compared they had.
Speaker 1: They that beats a.
Speaker 2: Man spit sixteen, don't worry on his way. We got the Pizza man there.
Speaker 6: Finally X showed up, mouth wired shut, obviously in pain, and started rapping, and all the rappers the pizza man ran out the door and.
Speaker 1: They just got shook.
Speaker 6: And I like to say, if my mother was there with me, she would have said, that's the one.
Speaker 2: It's that obvious.
Speaker 6: The air changed when he walked in the room, even even with the jaw wire. It was special. It was special special. Oh, I got the hair on my back of my neck just stood up.
Speaker 1: And then was it your idea to say I'm gonna drop two albums this year? I think it was Kevin's idea. I'm not taking all the It was definitely as I did.
Speaker 8: And and I'll tell a story for him. DMX didn't put on an album. He changed culture. He did the first album changed culture. So part of being a good person is to ride the wave. And so and a lot of people X had one hundred records. X X felt rapping was his job. X L I wake up every day, I'm gonna do three or four songs, five or six songs.
Speaker 1: He took it. A lot of people X crazy.
Speaker 8: We know a guy, you know, but but his work ethic when it came to him doing music, he got he got a bibble, X got a bibble of good and bad, right or wrong. And so the world was ready for it. And Leo said, you know, let's do what that's that's throw them while we them and they they got us. They can't do what we do. And X came out. But then a lot of artists try to keep trying to kept trying to do it.
Speaker 1: Nobody, nobody was successful. But it I'm gonna give you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give you some real.
Speaker 6: You want the inside, I'm.
Speaker 1: Going to give you.
Speaker 6: I'm going to give you the inside. I was about to give up the game. I was about to retire. What No, Just before X I was about to retire, Puffy made everything technicolor and shiny, and bad boy was running shit on the shiny technicolor shit and def jam represents black and white and shades of gray. And I looked at my crew and I said, man, I don't think I can contribute anymore.
Speaker 2: And then I found X just.
Speaker 6: When Puffy made the Locks technicolor, and that's when I knew I had to pull out on him and start shooting.
Speaker 1: Okay, I carried in my breast pocket.
Speaker 2: A black and white photo of the album cover, a polaroid.
Speaker 1: It was X black and white. You remember that?
Speaker 6: And I said, this is the reason why I'm still gonna do this, because I was so infuriated of what they did to the Locks. Remember the Locks streaked motherfuckers, Yes, And they turned them into some high technicolor ship.
Speaker 2: And that was when we said enough is enough. And that's when X came on the scene.
Speaker 1: Because I remember even the video, the first video looked like nobody cared.
Speaker 2: It looked like Williams messed it up.
Speaker 10: We cared so bad.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying it was so authentic.
Speaker 1: It was like at that time, you know, videos was cousted, it was costed, and for them to have like the record was exploding but the video was black and white.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what.
Speaker 1: They got a scheme and then the whole thing came out. But that was that was awesome. That was amazing. He X and shout out to Earth got X.
Speaker 8: I mean we was doing fourth three two win and a yo X gotta going on that record. You know, it was an l ll redman mathe man, and so I had to go talk to everybody sorry, And when he says stay out the door, everybody looked at me and said, jeez, it was it was nothing you knew at that moment, you know what I mean. He was the next and you you just imagine all those Toddy and the original Wee Boy to Math at that time and ready the town that this.
Speaker 6: Kid stay out listen, NOORI, We're gonna have to do this under you know multiple sequences. Man, you got I got a long career here. Day is going to be in the spot for a long time. Kevin's not going anywhere, So invite us back and we'll come back and chop it up with you and give you some more stories. Okay, nor can I say that short.
Speaker 1: Want yet?
Speaker 2: Don't hurry up. It's a radio.
Speaker 4: You said that Russell was an intern for someone who did he intern for Russell almost started.
Speaker 8: From the bottom. Yeah, you know, because you know him and Rick, you know what, we're partners and everything. But I wanted to say some of you didn't even notice story. The first thing you said today was not about your record, not about a how hot you are anything. You said you gotta listen, gotta listen, and to just at a redendum to listening.
Speaker 1: Said I never heard that. I want to.
Speaker 8: I want to honestly say, like when.
Speaker 1: You finally.
Speaker 2: When you find an artist, when you.
Speaker 8: Find an artist, uh that does listen, you're willing to do anything for It was nothing I couldn't call you and get you to do you and there's nothing that you can call me and get me to do in this moment right here. They that that's appreciate it coming from somebody that had it every which way.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean that you can have ups, downs, rounds.
Speaker 8: I remember we were doing the Nothing record and I said, Yo, we need to put.
Speaker 2: More that and.
Speaker 1: They had to go convince him. Listen, you go to the fucking studio and you you're right, You're right, and that's the real, really something And I'm just you know.
Speaker 9: I want to.
Speaker 2: I want to say this.
Speaker 1: Speaking of that quote.
Speaker 9: You just where he was speaking on like Kevin Lowell told me that you remember that it was in the label. You know it was like all you got to do is listen. So I tell all my friends that from now, like all my friends that.
Speaker 2: Drinking at got my go.
Speaker 1: We ain't drinking right now.
Speaker 2: Because I learned this in France. You know what I got class? I got class rich people. Yeah, that's all that's like doing in France. I haven't been a friends, but I will be. I want to.
Speaker 6: I want to propose the toast, please. I want to propose the toast to Let's make sure that we get out and vote, because you want to know about sucking up the game. If we don't go out and vote, it's going to be problematic. Okay, we talked.
Speaker 4: About it last night with.
Speaker 8: Vote.
Speaker 2: What the fus up with you? So we've got Trump supporters? That means whatever?
Speaker 1: My listening because this is this is something that's very important to me because you know, you guys are obviously.
Speaker 2: Were I want to be.
Speaker 1: But how do you what you wish for? But how do you guys make you know, have a great career, make this money, but still have the same drive. Like I don't want to rap no more because I'm not doing it one hundred percent no more.
Speaker 2: So I've got to do other things.
Speaker 1: So I choose not to spit rhymes no more for now you So did you see me in five months? Withoutum? But you guys seem like like I did a call with Leo recently and I called him a mogul and Leo said, was cool. But I like to be called a servant like that thing that that struck our audience.
Speaker 2: Everybody kept hitting us.
Speaker 1: All wants to be called a servant, but something humble, humble servant, Like how do you guys be so successful, have these accolades, but still have the same drive.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 6: So I love what I do, so I have no interest. I remember when I sold deaf Champ, and I sold it for a big number. The next week, I was on the plane to a convention in Miami and the whole plane was full of people going to convention. And I walked down the hallway just stapping people up, saying what up, what up?
Speaker 2: What up?
Speaker 6: And they all looked at me and said, didn't you just get papered up? What are you coming to this convention for. Aren't you supposed to go to a beach somewhere? And I said, you know, when you think about a.
Speaker 1: Beach, it's just a hot, dusty, dirty place.
Speaker 6: You just want to know that you could go when you can go when you But I love doing this shit. It's the thought process that you could go to the beach. I don't sit in the sun in that dusty, dirty beach, but it's a nice imagination to have. What I love doing is waking up every morning working with my partner Kevin, working and finding new wonderful talent like day day. Just I just love being inspired by Raina, who who runs our marketing department there.
Speaker 2: So it just I guess it's a career versus a job.
Speaker 1: And so I like to continue with this doing this thing and YouTube can uh did diddo.
Speaker 8: But it gets like a little bit more serious to me because, like you gotta understand, I'm not raising rappers or singers or either men that have kids that have to be influential in their lives.
Speaker 1: And most of them don't have all this, and most of them.
Speaker 2: So you.
Speaker 8: Know, I don't called uncle dad all that kind of shit before, And so I look at it as with success comes more responsibility. So I wasn't raised by myself. So anything, anybody, if I get money with you, you're gonna have a different kind of respect for me when I tell you some grow man shit, you know what I mean. So to me, I think, really our responsibility is to give you guys a platform and an opportunity and support and conversation and just stewardship to be better people.
Speaker 1: You know, in life.
Speaker 8: So it's not how can I'm not a record exactly, I'm gonna said, I'm somebody who is a life changer.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 8: Really, if you get with us, we're gonna change your life. You're gonna be a better man. I can't say you're gonna tell a million records, but you definitely will be a better man.
Speaker 1: But I remember one point when lee All had left and went to Atlantic and you were still kind of like in depth jam and it was like the La Read thing. And I remember having a meeting with you and I was like, he was like, No, everything's gonna be all right, Everything's gonna be But I knew you was lying. You were like lying to me, but in a good way, Like look normal, we're going to get the funk about him not working with this guy. But I can't say that to you, like I know that was a weird period for you. Was it because La is a friend that wasn't there?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: It always was always.
Speaker 8: I got an award for Song of the Year in nineteen ninety six, week right, Yeah, I want to go there.
Speaker 1: You know it's true.
Speaker 2: I look at told us that the record.
Speaker 8: Now he wrote it, so not so that the thing was And again this was grown Kevin. I had the house when Leah left. I had the house. It's my house, right, but the landlord gave him the keys. Now, keV, it was always your house.
Speaker 11: Let's talk so so so, what I'm not gonna do is allow an industry to put me in a position, to put l A in a position where.
Speaker 8: The house would get destroyed and divided. I love death Jam too much. I love the people there too much. There was no way that I was gonna let oh, let's put them in a cage and see what, see what happens. I ain't doing that, Ain't that guy.
Speaker 1: I'm just want to point out, this is the most woman we ever had a drink camp that lets you know.
Speaker 2: The right thing.
Speaker 1: Sorry you shout out to women.
Speaker 2: I bring that and say that.
Speaker 8: So what I what I felt was and that's a la Listen. The best thing for us to do is to have one voice, one way, one mission, and I would like that for be yours.
Speaker 1: I can't do. I'm not gonna do that to something we love.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 8: A lot of people were like, you shouldn't have did that, you you know, bah blah this, and they wanted me to whatever, but I could. I couldn't talk to my man. My man was non compete, all that kind of shit going on with him. So to me, it was more so about what's best for death Jam, right, And I thought one way, one thought, you know what's best for death Jam. That's why left. I never know it will That's that's a falsehood. Near la even today we all one hundred you know all right?
Speaker 1: Now, how do you feel about death Jam? Now do you ever look at it and be like, oh, do you look at it and be like that's what the fuck they get? How about this? How you look at it and we leave it at that? I'll look at y'all like y'all death jam still like I'm caught in the time zone. Like when I think death Jam, I think you le'll Russell like, you know what, Let me tell you something one seventy varick And am.
Speaker 2: I saying this correct?
Speaker 1: One sixty varick save so many rappers lives.
Speaker 2: Let me tell y'all something.
Speaker 1: And this I have never I have never said this publicly, but one sixty Barbreck was a place where it was death Jam. It was when I first got to started going to depth Jam. But they had rushed associated labels in there. They had the violator, so you didn't have to actually be on depth Jam.
Speaker 2: But you can roll dice in the one sixty barrack.
Speaker 1: You didn't get your haircut in one sixty Varick, and you can also buy weed in one sixty Barrack.
Speaker 12: So artists didn't have to like yo, you think.
Speaker 1: About it when you first get signed, they get a check, but there's nothing that makes you that person that you just you just sold.
Speaker 2: To them that you are.
Speaker 1: So you're still streets. And that's why so many people get a check and then they catch a case because they catch a case cause they still in the streets. But that place right there gave artists a place to get the fuck out the hood, but still kind of beat hood because you go buy weed there. Let's make the.
Speaker 2: That record for the.
Speaker 8: Record in my next life as a politician. I don't know what he's talking about, but I wanted to want to say one of the Lyric's points were less create an environment that was about art.
Speaker 2: We always like that environment was done on purpose?
Speaker 1: Was it done on purpose?
Speaker 8: The outlay, how everything was, the you know, management records, everything was right here.
Speaker 1: It was It was crazy.
Speaker 8: I remember a time it was me Redman, Lebron, James Mellow, Uh, Scarface, Ludacrous.
Speaker 1: You never know. People came no matter where they were.
Speaker 10: They just came to hang out, to hang out.
Speaker 1: A video video that mad challenges. We'd ad a two or three in the morning.
Speaker 8: It was just a place where people and that that's just something Lyric has always wanted us to not felt like we was working, but it felt like we.
Speaker 1: Was communion, you know, being in the community.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Then when I went to the other building, it felt corporate, like it was we sold the company. It was also when one sixty fabric, that was when they were still all that makes sense. But you I just want you guys to know you saved a lot of rappers lives, maybe indirectly or not, or straight up directly because that was a.
Speaker 2: Hangout at one point. That was the place. Like I was on Violator, they would be like, yo, you know, just come one.
Speaker 1: Sixty Arrect and I'm talking about every artist Wu Tang would be up there. They was on loud, but they would still be up there, you know what I'm saying. And it was like and when I got older, I was like, yo, they created the hood that was in Manhattan. It was in the city. For us. That ship was the illis envinement. We need to make a documentary about that. We'll cut you in so three hundred I heard you guys, desks are in the middle of the whole. You guys like, that's front line ship. Why do you guys want to fuck it? Was?
Speaker 2: It motivation.
Speaker 3: Or know.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing.
Speaker 6: We never felt like outwardly facing things. We're representative of our influence, in our power, so we are very understated. Period are all the office you referred to was comfortable, but was understated. It was homie, So rock paper scissor. We go for the homie and not for the flashy. We want people to come in and recognize that work is getting done, not that we're putting our feet up on very expensive desk. We want all the money to stay on the screen. We don't want to waste money by, you know, trying to act important because we have flashier offices or bigger cars.
Speaker 1: It we're past that. We're in the rubber band stage. Okay, in the work in the street stage. I'm taking that.
Speaker 2: So now the young Doug.
Speaker 1: I want to speak about young Doug because at one point it kind of seemed like young Doug was actually on babies, cash money. Then he seemed like he was with Gucci Man, and then he seemed like and it was like when you stepped in, it kind of made him. It seemed like he's whole. Now it seemed like you was the right choice. Now was he originally signed at three hundred from the beginning.
Speaker 6: He was signed to Gucci, and Gucci signed his action to us, and we didn't feel that we needed to run around, and it wasn't critical to us that everybody knew and had to know. You know, you know, when I went to the Red Parrot.
Speaker 2: This is real, old school New York City.
Speaker 6: Continue, when Fat Cat came and he sat in that corner, he didn't.
Speaker 2: Just bring up he didn't.
Speaker 1: He didn't. He didn't. He didn't advertise that he was Fat Cat. But and it's more powerful who's the guy in the corner.
Speaker 6: So I like when people put their name, our name in their mouth because of the understated thing that we got going. You know, it's silly when I see people rolling with big security guys, big big, stupid security guys. The first ones to run, the first one.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's that little guy. It's that little guy you got to be worried about. Right, It's a little guy that you got to be worried about. You're gonna spill it now that you said that. Okay, all right, this is my friend Twin.
Speaker 1: He went to Vegas with eighty dollars and came back with twenty. He's the brocus Bridge boy, he got a good heart, he got a good hawk. My nigga Brokes richest guy.
Speaker 2: To say, famous and rich kid. Thank you very hard, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah they are they are.
Speaker 2: On Q see.
Speaker 1: So and now three hundred is it? Is it three sixty based company or people? Can you know, get down with three hundred and contract sixty. We believe in three sixty.
Speaker 2: We want to be partners, partners, not you know, and we don't want to open up the barbecue restaurant and then you start selling barbecue shots out the back.
Speaker 1: You want to be involved in every We want to be involved in everything, you know.
Speaker 4: But there is the negative connotation to the whole You.
Speaker 6: Don't care about that. We don't pay any attention to the connotation.
Speaker 4: Because we go to work, right.
Speaker 6: Show has a negative because people, yeah, no, no, it is a negative connotation because no one did it before us. So that's why it has a negative connotation. And and you know the reality is we want to be just partners. You know, if we're going to invest our capital, our sweat equity. If you ask me, I'm going to open up a restaurant and I need some capital, what do you think the capital usually represents fifty to fifty right ownership. Now, imagine if I wasn't just capital. You came to me and said, you know, I don't know anything about the restaurant business.
Speaker 2: You know about the restaurant business, but I got this great idea.
Speaker 6: So not only am I putting up capital, I'm putting a sweat capital too.
Speaker 1: Time is money, you know, So I just I want to be if you.
Speaker 6: If it's successful and everybody loves the barbecue, then we go together and say let's make some barbecue sucks and.
Speaker 8: We But we've been doing it foot interrupt you. We've been doing it forever with the right artists. They always wanted us to be.
Speaker 1: Because essentially it's like your management. It's not only like the game. Listen, yea. Even with young.
Speaker 8: Boy, I care who he's opening for, what time is he going on? That's not that most record people don't. By the way, most of them don't even show up, you know what I mean. So so the reality of it is the conversations we have in uh seed funder early conversations. But you have to want to be my partner right now. And the labels built to have different kinds of deals for different kinds of people, whether you want to be an entrepreneur, start your own label, whether you want to be a straight artist, or but we have to be involved in your life. Fuck rap, fucking singing. We have to be involved in your life when you wake up in the morning. We want to see that at your fucking table. We want to be on your board of the rats.
Speaker 1: Now that that involves movies that involved I don't give what you're doing. Do what what?
Speaker 8: What haven't we really done in any particular way. Business is business. But at the end of the day, if I'm going to invest in you and you're going to invest in me, then we will eat with each other.
Speaker 2: But l comes to you right now.
Speaker 1: It says Kevin Lows, I want to put out a record, and I only trust you and Leo. We talk about it.
Speaker 2: Will be it'll be an honor to put out his record, a fucking honor.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we talked about it too, North.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing.
Speaker 6: We live in the unique world of digital distribution. So I don't have to go so far on the limb to make a bunch of them and then spend a bunch of money to buy that real estate in the record store so we could get it on in a very inexpensive way that you could test the market in a innocent, honest, but effective way.
Speaker 1: I like this too. This is my favorite one so far.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, man, you know these are my my guys.
Speaker 2: A lot of CEOs they talked indirect to me.
Speaker 1: The reason why I appreciate our relationship with both of you guys is you even when I didn't like it, even when I didn't let First of all, this is one of the funniest stories. Was Fat Joe is trying to clear a job rule record, right. So Fat Joe calls me and goes, Yo, I'm going to bring the gangsters.
Speaker 2: People up there, and I'm going to see Leo Cans right. I'm like, don't do that.
Speaker 1: Fast, but Fat Joe's does it anyway, right, So he goes, I used to be Santa Claus for Russell Simmons ten years straight his kids.
Speaker 2: So he said.
Speaker 1: He goes to see Leo and he's like, le all, you gotta clear the record, and Leo said, no.
Speaker 2: You forgot one other part of it.
Speaker 6: I tell people, listen, in all due respect, the answer is no. And when you open the window up and fling me out the window and I'm just about to hit the concrete.
Speaker 1: The answer is still gonna be nom.
Speaker 6: So if it was gonna be different than I could understand you intimidating. But since it's not gonna be, you're gonna have to actually fling me out and find out, and then you're gonna end up in jail and fucked up. It's gonna be a sad day all the way around. And so they know, unbelievable. It's not no to get a yes. It's a no because it's no. It's with respect no, you know.
Speaker 1: And that's what makes you guys, hands down, that's what that's the longevity you guys are having is a direct effect through the realness that when artists, when you tell artists when they're younger, like so much things that you you, you guys both have taught me. Uh and I'll probably acted like I didn't listen back then, but I applied to my everyday life, like I don't apply math to my everyday life, but I applied things that you guys taught. Like the first time when me and Lee all tried to do business, he said to me, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Today, I said a pun video. He said, I'll be there. Hung up.
Speaker 1: Nigga never asked for no information. Nigga never asked what states, which city. He said, I'll be there, and I was like, what that futad? An hour later he pulled up and you pulled up with Ja Ru. It's the first time I ever met Javu, who's one of my best friends right now, and he pulled up with Java in the town call. That's my man. But why when you want something, you just you find no way in the way you get what the hell you want?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: That's pretty obvious ansor you know it's I think that.
Speaker 1: I'm a hard worker.
Speaker 6: I was raised right shout out to my parents in my family, and I don't want to ever embarrass them or embarrass my family.
Speaker 1: And let me put it to you this way.
Speaker 6: You're never going to go in the locker room and say what the fuck happened to you? You didn't show up. I'm the right person. If you have time, I'll tell you the real story. So you know how I'm funny, my accent is and you know how my name is spelled. So when I touched down in America and I was in a public school and after school program. They're choosing baseball teams, and motherfuckers chose me last because of my funny name and my funny accent. But I caught every fucking ball and I put everybody out the last time I was called last. So that's why, you know, I just have to work harder. I'm not that intelligent, I'm not that you know. I don't have an insane gift, but I'm ready to put it on people and work very, very hard on the movie.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I want to take it from the Run DMC days because, like, can you give us a run DMC story because you was a road manager, right, I'm proud. I'm proud.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 6: The thing that I use every single day more than anything was my road manager, my road experience, like Kevin was referring to the road. My road experience separates me from all those other people I compete with every day. So we have so many stories, from going up to Detroit and witnessing the young boys to Long Beach when all shit broke out and we're on the nightly news, the live aid and performing in front of that historic show. So many many beautiful stories. But I guess the biggest and most important story that tells you the fabric of who I am and the fabric of what we represent. And remember we represent the blue collar, the hard working. Is when we were selling two Joe Louis's back to back, two gardens, back to back, the spectrum, back to back. Our clique on the road was five Joey, d Jay, Runnie, Ray and Leor. We didn't have an entourage, big security guides. We carried our own luggage and before the curtain dropped and the music was finished, we're in the car on the way to the next city. So you know, all when I look at all these new rappers with their you know, fifty people entourage and these big security guards that all you have to say is boo and this start running running. It's it's like clowns security. And so that's the greatest story is we never missed a gig in three and a half years.
Speaker 1: Told me, okay, one gig one night.
Speaker 6: We did five shows in three different cities, three different states, five shows in three different states. We were mobile, we stayed out of trouble and we were onto the next city.
Speaker 1: And that's you know, you know, we were and grateful.
Speaker 2: Remember Fish spot. We used to eat that La pesca.
Speaker 1: Do absolutely absolutely that fish soup man. Fish.
Speaker 6: Watch Nori's face when I first shorted the fish shop.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing that.
Speaker 2: I'm looking like that. And then I gave spoon. I gave him a spoon and then boy.
Speaker 1: I was turned out from the fish soup spot. Every meeting, every meeting we had was around lunch.
Speaker 6: Why is noy he always booking.
Speaker 1: Pesca do no?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: This is this is one time right. I thought I was the man because this is when Leo walks into the door, they say fish man like this. It was like some big ship. So I started going there a lot. So I wanted to take Leo out one day and I was like, yo, and I took care of the bill. Lee all like your hold on whore you.
Speaker 2: Who you gave him?
Speaker 1: The bill called the ball. Yo. When the person's the man, you gotta let them be the man. You can't try to creep up with me. I learned their life lesson that day. Leo was pissed, not at me, He's mad at them, like this is my spot. I don't care how much he comes here. Remember I'm the guy who brunk man show that respect.
Speaker 6: This is real, Sonori, I'm gonna I'm going to say something before I leave.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you for Kevin and Day they are going to stay. Don't to keep it going.
Speaker 6: So here's my thing. So what's the year twenty sixteen? Yes, I believe, Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't even know. I only think about records. I know this is you know.
Speaker 6: You know I'm pre sucker MC So that's how I think about time. Is that eighty two eighty three?
Speaker 1: You know? So I don't know if you've read.
Speaker 6: The recent report of the Youth of the rib A where for the first time in eighteen years, the business has has grown. I'm telling you, and I'm telling everybody that listens, if you're an entrepreneur and you want to get into a great business, not a good business, and get papered up, get into the music business, the record business. For the last two decades, the business has been shrinking and consolidating. So there are no deaf JEMs, no islands, no motowns, no A and M's, no.
Speaker 1: Chrysalis's boutiques, boutiques.
Speaker 2: This is a time for you to cobble together a little capital because it's not expensive and find stunning talent and putting them out in the marketplace.
Speaker 1: This is the moment in time.
Speaker 6: I've never seen a more fertile business environment as it is today. So your listeners, I know they love the nostalgia and the fun that you guys have, but all serious, all jokes aside.
Speaker 2: I do want to leave.
Speaker 6: You and your viewership with the absolute clarity that what better business that you can go tonight and record someone ship it the next day all around the world at zero costs, no manufacturing costs, no shipping costs, no obsolescence, no inventory, no everything digital and inexpensive and very efficient. Remember we used to make videos that cost us money to promote our songs. Now there's a YouTube that you put the video Now, this.
Speaker 1: Makes noise for abe you can get. You just put a video up and get paid for it.
Speaker 6: So I'm just saying, man, I'm tired of the highly concentrated industry.
Speaker 2: Now is the time. You may be too late if you keep waiting to get this paper.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of paper.
Speaker 6: Out here, and this is a great business, and I want you and your consumers to recognize how great of a business this cops.
Speaker 1: You enjoy streaming you think streaming.
Speaker 6: Streaming is such a friendly and wonderful consumer proposition. All the world's music for ten dollars a month. And it's the first iteration. My daughter doesn't want to hear classical music or African music.
Speaker 2: She likes the pop hits.
Speaker 6: Maybe as we iterate that business, her bill would be three bucks a month and she only gets the top hits. So it's just the infancy. You know that streaming is only a two three percent penetration, so just imagine when it's fifty percent penetration. So don't have just Kevin and I be the only paper up motherfuckers out here. Okay, we don't want to be by ourselves. We want other people to hang out with. We want other people to seize the opportunity of this environment and start creating new special companies that you know are culturally significant and healthy for artists and and creators.
Speaker 2: So thank you, beautiful, thank.
Speaker 6: You, Thank you guys that you're in good hands with Kevin KAMV.
Speaker 2: Before you go, we got.
Speaker 1: To take a picture over before you come on. If you don't stop, nothing, we're dreaming.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, thank you, give thank you so much. Of course, more people, you know what I mean, more minutes. Come on, come on, thank you kem come on. I need I need to buy myself anyway.
Speaker 1: You know you bro Radar after the dirt you know they was, they was dead before you got on the podcast.
Speaker 2: You helped them out the dirt.
Speaker 10: Stop this.
Speaker 2: You did?
Speaker 1: You did, you did.
Speaker 2: That's why I called you immediately in the morning. I said, hold on, hold on, So Kevin lives Bortimore's finance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so keV.
Speaker 5: And and I know we we we we we we.
Speaker 2: Touched on it a little bit earlier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do whatever. Yeah, but the love for the game has to with boy Jamar Bouce.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was about to tell them come in, but how how many years have you been in the game?
Speaker 1: Cap? Thirty two and you still love it the same way? Or sometimes you wake up and be like this, you got to want to take a break sometimes when I when I my critical moment.
Speaker 8: Was uh, when I left that jam you know that? And then when in two thousand and nine when I said, Yo, the business is about to change and y'all y'all making decisions.
Speaker 1: There's a chairman.
Speaker 8: I'm saying, yo, the decisions that we're making, I don't know if I could continue the same way, you know what I mean? And I said, so I had to go hug some trees, had to go to hug some trees walk on the dirty saying, and I said, I'm out. People know I left in two thousand and nine. I said, yeah, you know what, I'm good. But then you know, the whole trade thing happened. And you know he was his manager was one of my interns.
Speaker 2: Talk about songs.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, And he said, y'all, I gotta fire my manager said, man, why are you gonna fire him? You should really work it out.
Speaker 8: And so he said, y'all, I need you to uh do a marrier.
Speaker 1: I said, yeah, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 2: And you like that groundwork more like management?
Speaker 1: Do you do?
Speaker 2: You enjoy it?
Speaker 8: You gotta understand, Nord. I enjoyed being beside talent. I enjoyed being signed brothers. When should go down, you know, go down. I'm just enjoyed being around and next to people, you know what I mean. So to me, I don't know how to I really was where I got lost. I'm sitting in our rey tower. All I had to do was go around the country and fix problems. But I tell you we should sign this artist named Chris Brown, and you say he's not going to be I can't do.
Speaker 1: I don't know what tell you.
Speaker 2: I remember because.
Speaker 8: I said, no name, but my girl manager them. I said, you wish you to sign him, you don't want to sign him? Then I tell you, yo, Rick shout to Rick. Rick is one of those y'all you don't want to continue with. You know, I was at that moment and you want me to stand next to the motherfucker's putting their feet.
Speaker 1: Over the head and I don't know. I don't know what that ship. I don't do.
Speaker 8: So my thing was I wanted to be with Arton and so when I left, it was like.
Speaker 1: I had to find myself.
Speaker 8: And really, at the end of the day, I can't go anywhere because even to this day, I still talk to Todd, I still talk the whole I still talk to X, I still talk to Jack, I still talk to your silly ass.
Speaker 2: That's why.
Speaker 8: At the end of the day, that's so I don't know how to get out of it, because it's in me. You're give us someth I'm a I'm a former artist, a DJ. When I was president of def JAM, I had twelve hundreds in my office. Everybody noticed that we we used to fuck Maryland and hang out and look and I'm miss blessed Pop, I'm miss blessed.
Speaker 1: Gotta be Twin. I can't even be mad. You find out it's Twin, You're like, he got eight dollars in his pocket.
Speaker 2: He fucked up good You got twenty, but he he got good. Heart. We get my tip.
Speaker 1: Kevin Lowsman, I really appreciate you coming hanging out with us because you guys are so important to the culture. I love what you guys are doing at three hundred because I just I just love the fact that you guys can make all this money, have all the success, and then still want to be the people that help the artists push forward. And that's that because at the end of the day, it could have been like it's just all about us, fuck y'all. But it's like you guys is like, like, I know these artists don't know who you are, and that's what would it like. For instance, like if Mellie Man will put me on a care restaurant put me on, it's like, all right, cool, you know.
Speaker 2: Exactly who he is. Whatever.
Speaker 1: But Kev's history is so rich Leo, history is so rich, and they don't really bring it up. It's not like they go to the artist and be like, you know, I made such and such and such.
Speaker 2: They don't really live on the past like they said.
Speaker 1: So I know that's why I gave that love of to day day because I'm like, yo, listen if you listen, because it's going to come a time Like I just keeping it real.
Speaker 2: I don't give for who you are, nobody.
Speaker 1: There's not a book that says you got zero account in your account today and then tomorrow you got four hundred and twenty thousand, and how to act after that four hundred and twenty thousand clears, like you know, when it's pending, you're looking like, oh shit, like is it coming?
Speaker 2: But when it fucking really clears, you like I got four hundred and I could really do some shit.
Speaker 1: And then you start you stop listening to them because you think you did it on your own. I mean that's artist syndrome one on what you know what I'm saying, like, h and it's crazy because it might happen to you too, or three many times it happened to me three times up you know, put up Tommy Boy then Depth Jam, you know what I mean? And Depth Jam was like playing for the Yankees at that time, Like it was truly like playing for the Yankees. It was like, like I said, like I never went on tour that many times, Like Kevin Lowles came to me and was like, look, motherfucker, we we here, but we need to be here and you might not see your family for the next two months.
Speaker 2: You can fly him out though, fly them out, but that that does that still exist in hip hop.
Speaker 8: I'm glad you Every year we put out a new artist tour. We put out Young Hustle Tour last year. Now we're dropping the Birth of a New Nation tour with Shot Lizzie Day Day and P and b Rock goes out in November, A P and b Rock. We're always gonna invest in the street because what I hope to find in the city is the next Nor, the next P and b Rock, the next Shock, Lizzie, the next day they and we go to every city. I don't just invite fans, I invite hustlers, invite the artists. I'm like, whoever making noise in the town, come out and hang out with us. But you're gonna look at my ship and you wanna tell me how i' gonna break my ship in your marketplace and we're gonna.
Speaker 1: Get money together. And that to me, you can't you get no better than.
Speaker 8: That because again, like day, they still growing, so he don't really know how to engage like Norrid, like I want Noorid to fuck with them all.
Speaker 1: I want him to.
Speaker 2: I want to win your artist development partner.
Speaker 10: You know you don't.
Speaker 14: I ask somebody for nothing eighty four. But I'm saying like, like to me, I want I want people.
Speaker 8: The reason we do this tour because I want young artists to know that we believe that through touching your fans, you become.
Speaker 1: Art, not just a record, right, And that's that's the difference. We're not. We're not pop music like that, you know what I mean. We got to get on our street. We have to be in the street because I feel like I feel like that too, because I feel like I lot of times these artists don't have training, like they don't have they don't have somebody like me, Like like I remember seeing young Dog go to Serious Satellite and I was I remember seeing like him saying, y' I'm gonna play the record and then Lee all going to Sway and going to his air and I.
Speaker 2: Was just like, people don't care that much. No more like you're the only company that fucking kids like that, Like you.
Speaker 8: Know, shout out to Atlantic Records. I think I think Cos and Julie kids, we give them a pass.
Speaker 5: But so man, Kevin Lewles was, oh, ja Kins came in you straight from the gym?
Speaker 15: Y how you look like you're coming from the gym and you drunk? I'm no kids out of control on Jadakins hold.
Speaker 1: I want to say something about real quick. So part of part of our culture.
Speaker 8: Even if you weren't signed a Death Jam or three hundred or any of that ship, that straight, any.
Speaker 1: Of that ship going on.
Speaker 14: If you hip hop, you respect hip hop. I could call kiss and say, Yo, this is what I'm thinking, This is what what what? This is what he can call me to and he can check me and say, yo, why y'all do that? And that to me is when you talk about true motherfucker's real people. This dude right here, he knew and by the way, show up.
Speaker 8: He ain't got to worry about about homeboy and Mam, I talked you about evolution.
Speaker 1: He's not a rapper. He's a man.
Speaker 8: Y'all gotta stop like giving titles to real people like that.
Speaker 1: You know, this guy's a man.
Speaker 14: He's going to go around and influence lots of people through his music, through his love, through his art, and that to me, he belongs in the Smithsonian Institute.
Speaker 1: My nigga, that's that's that's love, right, love?
Speaker 2: That was love.
Speaker 1: We gotta do a show the million Vanilla. I know, yeah, I don't know that out here.
Speaker 2: I'm here, kids, Hold on where you going? You can click? Okay? All right, my bad? You're doing you see we got an executive room. We have the executives. You know what I mean? Cats jump back cases.
Speaker 8: All right here? Please?
Speaker 2: Yoh the last one? Got it?
Speaker 1: All right? Your love?
Speaker 2: Say so?
Speaker 1: Classic? Ja the kiss? What's going on?
Speaker 3: My brother?
Speaker 1: Baby?
Speaker 2: Did we just rob beats together?
Speaker 1: You know you you went for the real you had Listen.
Speaker 2: I came back with a bag.
Speaker 1: He came back with bags and the plug and Lee's trying to hold it. Lee, don't get to attached to my back.
Speaker 2: Your word, you got your hat, you got my ship. I'm watching you, yo.
Speaker 1: What's going on? Kiss? Yo?
Speaker 2: You know what I thought about the other day.
Speaker 1: I said, we gotta do a not not a reality show, but like a scripted show. Everybody loves Jada Kiss. Shut it up.
Speaker 16: You got the connect right now, let's get that. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay, this is twin, you know twins.
Speaker 2: Jada Kiss. He broke me everywhere, He broke his nigga that we got down with us. But he got a good heart. He gotta kill heart.
Speaker 8: Hold on, you want to do this, Jaden Nor on TV to be in here in personne and you consider with my friends and I'm drunk.
Speaker 2: You're allowed on my mic.
Speaker 1: Kicking out the episode.
Speaker 2: Let's get let's get your life together, your life.
Speaker 17: Together, Jay the kish Man. You just got off the Bad Boy tour. Yeah yeah, he just came off the Bad Boy tour.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 17: It was a great, great family reunion. Great you know what I mean. Everybody's in a great space.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It went real, very successful. Yesterday I seen something very interesting. We was at the college pick up to college. He got his own camp inside the students and I walked into a conversation and it's you and Mace there and Maces like, I'll do your ship.
Speaker 1: But I ain't going to the breakfast club. And I was like, he was like, because I'll be wanting to fight. Did me say he be wanting to fight? That was exact word. I be wanting to fight, and don't be.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna bro said hold on, I said, Mace, it's crazy. I think Mace he about that life.
Speaker 1: Oh no, lord, you think so?
Speaker 2: I eat squat ma ain't got beef for some.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what.
Speaker 17: Probably it probably was. They probably don't talk too kindly of him up there, Sean. I don't really know what the was his breakfast club, the strepan se Is. We heard him say, here do the drink champs though. That's right, big up, mates, we want you here. Then you can fight whoever you want over here. It's okay, we don't mind.
Speaker 1: I was just playing mats.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: I've seen him in St K the other day.
Speaker 2: We sat there, chopped it up.
Speaker 1: It was awkward because I did offer him a drink, not out of disrespect. That's what you do, That's what I do now. He just looked at me like no, and I was like, oh yeah, I forgot, you know, the whole thing. But I want to pick up. I want to pick up the Bad Boy Reunion tour because I went to see y'all out in Vegas, Yo, and you guys were very professional.
Speaker 2: Like I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Everybody I was on time that was dead before there was a prayer that happened, like that ship was flawless.
Speaker 17: Noah did a big shout out, that big shout out to the whole staffy.
Speaker 2: It was really like a theatrical play that to him, you know what I mean, it was a.
Speaker 17: It was a nineties hip hop medley of you know, the hits that was made back then. But the structure in the format of it, like he said, it was like it's like a play. Like everybody on time, anybody backstage getting miked up.
Speaker 2: It went very successful.
Speaker 17: It was a good I actually want to do some more because I'm trying to furnish this new house.
Speaker 2: I just let's make them more. Get the motherfucker, yo. Listen my nigga k K in the building. Listen nominee, listen, listen.
Speaker 1: Opposite, and ain't nobody credit card in this room, right, it's a Valut credit card.
Speaker 2: We're gonna charge. We're gonna smoke and charge it.
Speaker 1: The revault trying to see him. I'll see you, nigga, this is going down.
Speaker 2: Listen to Revolt.
Speaker 1: You know, man, I just want to pick up a volt this conference because since like Mixed Show, Power Summing, I haven't even if there has been like fake conferences.
Speaker 2: I haven't been a part of them. And when I was a part of them or came, it was not put together.
Speaker 1: Like last night.
Speaker 2: I just walked through the lobby. I got to see you.
Speaker 1: I got to see Jim Jones, I got to see to Harry, I got to see DJ Quick Quicksilver, I got to see Esak. I got to see Clark. Can't Clark can't be Clark can't scare because.
Speaker 2: One of my I know, Clark Kent starts.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. He's sill, a little, he a little nervous at the drink champ. But were getting your ass on here, clock But bick up to everybody, because that's what the music business.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: One of the uh, one of the best nights I ever had in my life was when Hot ninety Hot ninety seven had something called hot Night in Jamaica.
Speaker 8: You always tell me.
Speaker 1: And they flew out there, and they flew out there and we had no choice, like Whole, like this is a true story. Hole the other rooms was wasn't was booked, so Whole had to stay in the same hotel as us, Jamain, we had to stay in the same hotel, like we're all in one hotel. And it just it got a chance for people to meet each other, like all right, who I want you on the record? You and your answer or you wanted me on record, I ain't answer. Now we just sitting down drinking red stripes.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And you're like, oh, but and that's what this reminded me of this music conference. It was like, you know, I spoke to Jo Rul had flew out here, uh DMX is out here, and it's like, I think with Alda is doing is an awesome thing. This is this is an awesome thing. They bringing it back to the essens. You think that's important for us?
Speaker 2: Definitely important for us. It's not even important for us.
Speaker 17: It's important for the culture. Is important for the new artists to know how to how what we went through, and how the structure and and the networking.
Speaker 2: The bigger, the bigger picture of this hip hop industry.
Speaker 17: You know what I mean than just being an artist, of being a producer, how to get longevity, how to be in there for years, how to shut up your build your brand and get your revenue right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: When I got to New York, I'm gonna have to cut you off because nobody asked you.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't know neither. But for the record, let me just explain this. What happened was we were supposed to do Jo Rule earlier, and we were supposed to do Kiss at that.
Speaker 2: We're supposed to do this.
Speaker 1: What really happened.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you're right, I missed it because that has something to do.
Speaker 1: The job. Did he like, Yo, I'm gonna do you in job? Well, that's how it happened, and that's how it happened. And because of the episode, we got Dog Pound with Tony Ya mixing the birth Level Collabo dream Chance and you're still on the Collaboro drink chants could be.
Speaker 2: But you know what, kiss, you know what, you know what the crazy thing is? You know, I want to thank you.
Speaker 1: I want to thank all the artists because at the end of the day, you know, style chic, I mean, just everybody who participated in Drink Chance because me and my partner dj e F and we had an idea of what we was going to do, but we freestyled everything, and y'all could have shut us down.
Speaker 2: Y'all could have been like, nigga whatever, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And you know, Fat Joe was our first episode that we put out. It wasn't the first one. The first Woe recorded was Kenny Anderson and then like I really call my friends like you know what I'm saying. So you know, like when I ask people they eat ass or how many abortions they had, Like a lot of people can't got Avatar, but a lot of people like they can't ask Fat Joe that you know what I'm saying. They can't.
Speaker 2: Freddie Bees, Freddie Bees, Jason, Freddie Versus.
Speaker 1: He said, okay, yeah, yo yo, y're your Dominic You're beating Dominican.
Speaker 8: Texas.
Speaker 1: He got sweat.
Speaker 2: That's what I do, That's what I do, he texted the Mdican.
Speaker 1: Wrote he wrote it, I would have said, it's.
Speaker 2: A specially gifts.
Speaker 1: You got a special meal in dominicant I don't know that in Dominican.
Speaker 2: I ain't tell you popped that. No no, no, believe it. Let me get cold. We can't do that, Jada kiss man. He's a portant nikmas.
Speaker 1: You know what we got them excuse him? N a bottles, big yelling j f N.
Speaker 17: You got a big yellow from the drink Chimps barbecue because somehow the Moat people came to the studio.
Speaker 2: He gave me the big josket, They gave me the cast. We know how that happened, y'all.
Speaker 1: That's the physical way I saw one of this. This is the here's the thing, like, because midget don't want to be called midgets no more. So I don't want little people.
Speaker 2: I don't want that world to just go away.
Speaker 8: So yeah, so.
Speaker 1: So those bottles of my way, it's called you know, no disrespect to the community. Don't mean that no more, no more.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. On YouTube, I saw that nig can take your bottle.
Speaker 10: He had to get you another one the next day he brought.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah on and yeah, yeah, that was my that was my man. We just finished whinning.
Speaker 17: That was because there's a tournament on my block that though called him midnight Basketball tournament and we had just finished playing.
Speaker 2: Basketball at midnight. Yeah, they gotta niggas get shot y'all.
Speaker 1: Basketball and bullets. I heard of this, so the chip thought, and I was over there talking to one of my men's and he can just pop my I mean, the bottle was already popular.
Speaker 2: You gotta I don't even drink, just start indulging.
Speaker 1: And I had, Yeah, he's my man, though, White mak he actually got namage off that he got about bigger White Mark.
Speaker 2: My mom's called me one day and said, on this white boy.
Speaker 1: On the.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about real good assistant just not getting paid this week. I gotta teach this.
Speaker 8: I gotta.
Speaker 1: I gotta teach you balance level spelled backwards, his level. You gotta balance it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: What's going on in hip hop?
Speaker 1: Have you what you ever think that what's going on in Philly was even possible, like because it's kind of sad when you think about it.
Speaker 17: On all sides, anything's possible though with this fucking ship, I mean anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was.
Speaker 2: Actually the only discrepancy of the tour, that incident in Philly.
Speaker 1: That's the only thing that happen a bad boy.
Speaker 2: So so what happened? So what happened in your opinion, like I.
Speaker 1: Mean I was in my room.
Speaker 17: I ain't actually see it, but I guess it was some type of altercation with somebody from Meeks Camping Single, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So it's it's it's like, you.
Speaker 1: Know, when y'all was battling the rock and even battling the state property at or even g unit, it felt like there was no hands that you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It was put on anybody so.
Speaker 1: As not to cut you off. Yet those those times was really though if you actually because it was when those somebody could have really gotten the felt put.
Speaker 2: It down back then, you know what I mean. So it was it was like more intensive you asked me. Then Now with the internet, because for when you had a problem.
Speaker 1: You had to see a nigga go to the studio.
Speaker 2: Now you can just go on Twitter and you can stay.
Speaker 1: In the crib in the cribb and fight you ship from behind the people.
Speaker 2: So it's a different.
Speaker 4: It's different, but you know, and they're fighting for the camera.
Speaker 17: It stays on wax right, it's therapeutic for hip hop. Your hands on and people start getting something, you know, struck vigorously, it can go a different way.
Speaker 2: Great word, I love that word. Bigorous, you're gonna add it to your No, No, I got that already.
Speaker 1: Vigorously and enthusiastic, been been in my in my what's it called bacolar With that three big words.
Speaker 2: I used aga use them all right now?
Speaker 1: You know what what's the other word?
Speaker 2: On?
Speaker 1: Told us? Because you know conscrewed, corroborate, corroborate. You know we learned words on this podcast correlate. SOI me here say that.
Speaker 4: Uh uh correlate.
Speaker 2: That means running. Just what y'all I don't know that is?
Speaker 1: That is mister Lee from Star Rocks Clothing.
Speaker 10: I'm here, man, I'm telling.
Speaker 1: I'm telling for rolling them, they should buy his clothes line.
Speaker 2: Just put him on his clothes line is hard. Yeah, let's do it. But don't do it.
Speaker 1: Juice balls, No cas, you just opened up Brooklyn.
Speaker 17: Ye shout out to b K. We opened one on Malcolm X. All right, Yeah, we're working.
Speaker 1: Can we get that in Miami?
Speaker 2: We need to do that, definitely.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 1: I was gonna get in, but then we started drinking camps.
Speaker 2: That's like, I may not it may not relate perfect.
Speaker 1: You need the details. Juice in the morning. Juice up in the morning.
Speaker 2: We get drunk in the morning.
Speaker 1: We not you know, if we open up a juice or drink chaps for life, A right, a drink Champ drinks for life. So in the daytime juice up you will get a little tiger. But then at nighttime just tiger, googong boggy. All of this and all of the foulers lookers in the worlds. It just brings you under the table, the bummers. Yeah, you just gotta get under the alright, twin, I like, I like to do your job.
Speaker 2: Your job. It's just snap. So Jada kiss man, what what?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 2: What's going on? So are you doing a juice Bobby?
Speaker 1: I heard something like a m t V or something that greenlit some ship. You and camera Cameron got some ship. And then also y'all got a juice bar ship.
Speaker 17: I think we got one of the I think we got we ain't talks. We ain't talks with MTV to make something happen.
Speaker 2: Oh, niggas really lit up. I thought y'all was playing well, man, I ain't got nothing to do with that. Look, ain't look bigga, I ain't smoking.
Speaker 1: It sounds like somebody nuke gets the what they said that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, y'all motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: This is loud nigga. That ship ain't doing nothing. That covering this is we're smoking live on Revolt man. Fuck it about to get the sprinkle, yo. So look, I just want to throw this out there. The Boat the Bogie nominees are Mac Miller, Joe Budd, Post Malone, n O r E, my nigga K Wow Spot and listen a lot of people don't know who K is, but he the bogie nigga of the years. I'm gonna throw that out there. Come on, shout out to Instagram and all that. Come on, Yo, I stopped smoking. I stopped smoking for like six months and K didn't talk to me that those six months.
Speaker 12: That that was the that was the new I was feeling that K was like, I like you, butther nigga with the other nigga A you know what I'm saying, that's my nigga, K Man.
Speaker 2: Okay, you've been you know. That's the first nominee for anything in him in the Dream Champions Award.
Speaker 1: You know we're giving Puff is also nominated for ass of the Year.
Speaker 2: You're gonna eat gonna Yeah, you didn't gets in the man.
Speaker 1: He's that dominated for the year.
Speaker 2: But kay, you know, I feel like the years are crazy, y'all. Fight.
Speaker 1: A lot of niggas been hitting me like Jack Jordan have been hitting me like yo, yeah he like yo. You know, Puff can't win that award over me. And I'm like, whoever nicer to me that night, nigga? You know, we might give it to him, But look, k K is a real boge. Nigga of the Year for years. I've been seeing this nigga listen, and we know what I want to. I want to promote you more because I see you and Jada together.
Speaker 2: Y'all.
Speaker 1: Loyalty is serious. That's really your your friend from the from from getting me seeing third grade ship miss E Banks class.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what it's about, though, a lot of people don't have that now and then keep you you know what I'm saying, We're gonna get blow up.
Speaker 1: Niggas.
Speaker 2: Gotta put the tower under the door and be quiet.
Speaker 1: God, but God, that's how it is, though. You know, loyalty is everything.
Speaker 2: You bogness though, because he's working out, he's looking good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta get back. You see on the tread with the bogie. Yeah, my bog next way the water is supposed to go on the train. Get on the trade.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 1: I got a light one up.
Speaker 2: It's bad track Smoker Bogey.
Speaker 1: After running Canyon, I smoke the bogie during running enough. After I got up, I was like, yeah, man, you know, I mean too, I do the same thing. Basketball, Come on Eve, nobody all that shut it up. Yo, Yo, it's okay man. I want to honor you because you're coming up. We're still doing the Drink Champs Awards January second, for all the people that's that's the Hangover Awards is the day after New Year's so so we're trying to catch everybody that's in puff House. When y'all leave puff House come to the Drink Champs, and we're gonna broadcast this. We dead seriously, Oh, I forgot buster is a bogie nominee. Uh we have to ask either. Edie thinks he got it, but we're not sure. I'm just saying, look, I'm just saying I'm gonna keep it real because I want to give it the because puff Puff got bad and you just he proposed it to Angeline.
Speaker 4: Yo.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had Angela on the other day. He was like this, Eddie asked Angelie start getting red.
Speaker 2: He's like, I'll eat your ass like.
Speaker 1: Man, he got Yeah, we found niggas over oh ship that looked like the police.
Speaker 2: You know me, I'm so watching.
Speaker 8: I was up. Come on, you see.
Speaker 1: Not sit down now, we're putting you on the podcast.
Speaker 2: For resch knowl what's history?
Speaker 8: You got?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No? No? Oh lord yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh he's from a vote.
Speaker 8: You know what you're doing.
Speaker 2: You know, ain't brother, you can't even do this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know the ouse.
Speaker 2: Sit down, No, no, Sean Bress, come on, Oh this industry ship, this is sharp.
Speaker 1: Brad's everybody ran bad Boy for eighteen years.
Speaker 2: Ye still running bad Boy. He do what he do like he does.
Speaker 1: We gotta do around the corner on the brook, keep the pole, the percolator, hide hyd water. That nigga sitting here dressing all right like he's down with signed out listen press, tell these people what's going on.
Speaker 10: Man, we're having a good weekend down here. I love what you brothers is doing. Man, I love it.
Speaker 13: If I didn't get a chance to say, if we go back so far, knowing we go back so far, I love what you'all doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, we appreciate you. But we want to show you want to we like to interview people behind the scene. Okay, because that's who you are and you make a lot of things shake and bake. Just give these people a little bit of history.
Speaker 2: Are you and how you perform? Okay? Real quick?
Speaker 1: Who's showing press?
Speaker 10: Showing press? Go back intern bad boy.
Speaker 13: A gentlemen, Lone moved on. Started my company Palmers. You know it's instrumental, you know, and Puff is a is a wonderful person because it's as long as you down with Puff and you are all worker, you always going to be part of the system.
Speaker 10: And that's one leave even if you leave one like like what you talk.
Speaker 1: Still can't.
Speaker 2: He's gonna doing So when when when.
Speaker 10: We started poud Moves like like that was the account.
Speaker 2: It was Moves, a marketing company.
Speaker 1: Account in Miami.
Speaker 10: Yeah, in Miami. Like like this is my guy, right, Eddie?
Speaker 1: Like like my guy you know he's the ass eater. Now he's not Eddie, Eddie God.
Speaker 13: I under saying something. I said, what's up to Eddie? I said, ed you're looking young? I said, we got all the gray hair? You black?
Speaker 10: He was like, because I'm eating I said.
Speaker 1: That, Biggs, just look look, we're doing the File Awards show. It's called the Poiles Awardship showever, right, so we're gonna mock all the awards.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So I never spoke to Puff about this at all, Okay, but I mean he might hear about it now, but he thinks he should win. Asked either of the year of the year over Puff. I just feel like Puff is ask the bad bitches. He got he he asked that mountains mountains.
Speaker 16: But who you need to get to ask you if you want to get it, and I think you should get that little.
Speaker 2: Do Sean Press? He asked, what we're doing it?
Speaker 8: You're like like, I.
Speaker 1: Like, turn to the Global Spin Awards. Yes, Global spind Awards. That is your ship.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's the people who know.
Speaker 1: Global spind Awards award show dedicated to the DJs. We got the War show dedicated to foulship, but the dedicated to speak about that Global Spin Awards.
Speaker 13: We recognized the unrecognized with all the dj is the most influenced. You guys in the game, you know who who who never really got this shot, who never would put up on that platform.
Speaker 10: So the Global Spin Awards is.
Speaker 13: The Grammys for the DJs, and we did the nominations yesterday, real big, so all the DJs around the country right now celebrating social media is going crazy. My man, kiss you was there last year when y'all came in and we had Swiss Beats hosts last year and gave them I think it was fifty million records sold, so everybody from Rough Riders came.
Speaker 10: So, I mean, it's a love fest.
Speaker 13: But it's recognizing to me the most important influences in the game, which are the DJs.
Speaker 1: I'm ready for my order. Yeah, yeah, you need to get you need to get a great bed of water, so.
Speaker 2: Something.
Speaker 1: But y'all knew each other a long time, so impressed. You're a very instrumental person in this industry. And you know that's what a podcast, that's what we're trying to do here, is we want to keep our legends alive.
Speaker 2: Our music. So much the.
Speaker 1: Minute somebody does something or somebody you know, they find out this, we just kill our own legends. That is so bad in our culture. So what we want to do the purpose of our podcast to keep our legends alive, especially especially the people that's behind the scenes, because yeah, we're the fourth front as artists. But you know what, an artist ain't shipped without five people behind him, and sometimes people don't recognize those five people behind.
Speaker 2: Him and those positions.
Speaker 1: So that's why we interviewed Leon and Kevin Lyles earlier because a lot of people, you know, they just think that they're just the check writers when they're a lot.
Speaker 2: More to it. And the same thing with you.
Speaker 1: It's like, you know, we appreciate you people like that.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: We appreciate and we want to look at Jada kids trying to slide.
Speaker 2: We've seen you, nigga.
Speaker 1: Now you got you got a nice assistant.
Speaker 2: Listen, you ain't from youngkins at all. Let's keep it real.
Speaker 1: From bankman like a motherfucker, right, come on, come on, got good assistance. Yo, ain't gonna lie Leo Kohn's and Kevin Lows bruing the most females.
Speaker 8: Is that?
Speaker 2: Is that not accurate?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I mean they bought the most money.
Speaker 2: To make sense, How did how did you get started with bad Boy?
Speaker 10: In turn? In turn? I did it.
Speaker 13: I did it the way it should be done. You started at the bottom, that's what you. Yeah, like like anything that's handed to you, you don't you don't appreciate it. And when Bad Boy in the early days and kiss, I mean it's nineteenth Street.
Speaker 10: The office was the size of this room right here, like everybody was working there, you know, big shot off. If y'all don't mind to to some of the day one June Balloon.
Speaker 1: Sharing the butcher are single marriage.
Speaker 10: There you go, super Marrio where you at?
Speaker 13: Man Like those are the guys who brought me in and gave me my platform. Then you know, moving forward, we had guys like Malcolm MIBs, all these dudes who really put work in the game to get Bad Boy.
Speaker 1: To to to where your day.
Speaker 2: There you go, Cacorn, she was in the beginning.
Speaker 13: No barrowe Barrow JB around here somewhere. That's who y'all should snatch up. But you are too smooth because you know Jason Jay Jeff is extra smooth. Hold on, no, that was Jeff Burrows.
Speaker 1: Walking b a meth. Don't walk in the building. God damn, we did Jzu yesterday too.
Speaker 3: There was.
Speaker 1: Nay yesterday.
Speaker 4: We gotta shout out the street team cats out there too that we wrapped four Oh.
Speaker 13: Yeah, like I mean, and you know I come from the Street Team days. I come from from handing out flyers.
Speaker 1: Waving saying that is is that possible for the Street Team to exist again? Because the online market, there's a way to know it's it's definitely.
Speaker 2: A lane for it.
Speaker 17: But the labels, the artists got to formulate their own Street Team. They want you to just go there, go in the conference room, sitting in front of the screen, and that's the new Street Team.
Speaker 2: Like you know what I'm saying, that's the new ship like.
Speaker 10: But but it's nothing like the real.
Speaker 1: On the ground.
Speaker 10: And that's what the Street Team was like. Put it this way, it'd be albums.
Speaker 18: Coming out now I don't even know they just they just here. Back in the days, you drive down this you knew ready you was getting on the train.
Speaker 2: We was hitting you.
Speaker 10: You know, you driving down the West Side highways.
Speaker 2: Postal balls up. It's crazy.
Speaker 4: And when you had the team in each market, you you had the post of that market.
Speaker 1: And that's what it was.
Speaker 10: That's what it was.
Speaker 13: I could I could call you, E I could call at any given moment, you know what's going on in Miami or I need I need to know who.
Speaker 2: Do you think the Internet killed the Street Team?
Speaker 10: No, I think what made it.
Speaker 19: It made made the money. It was giving out different breads. But the n O R E and the kissing game of all them budgets. These new niggas that never know that nig the budget.
Speaker 1: So I'm looking at these niggas budget right now taking a hit, they dead it.
Speaker 17: If I can just send an artist to the office and do it internet blast, that's way cheaper than there. You go a group of dudes that go in the van or go up the East coast, hit the whole highway, hit the subway, hit shampoo out there.
Speaker 1: He's still doing it.
Speaker 2: Is like the last Man.
Speaker 1: He's about that in a minute. He's my nigga.
Speaker 13: I see, I'm gonna tell you all your artists up and coming, get your boys together, because I'm you know, I'm a firm believer in grassroots. I'm a firm believer in touching the people. I'm a firm believer in the DJs. Get out there, put your hustle in. I noticed social media everybody working on a million but go ahead, go hands on, you got to do.
Speaker 1: We did the poster boards and remember.
Speaker 2: That was that was you was you.
Speaker 1: Been on the street team and die want the best. You look at stickers like that's all him, Like ef it comes from that, and he's here. He's still a guy who wants to play vinyl. He's a pyiod. He's a hip hop purist.
Speaker 2: That's what.
Speaker 1: That's what.
Speaker 2: That's what. That's what. I call him a hip hop purist.
Speaker 1: And you know that's different from these people like these people.
Speaker 2: Just know a computer like he he what's going on? You're taking batteries from all right?
Speaker 1: So he's the type of guy like he appreciates the old school. What happened with the old school presented?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? That's niggas panel. Niggas got niggas get we get in Hollywood and had no starts in one hour.
Speaker 1: We have to end this and I don't know what word that is?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: That five fifteen? That wasn't you miss?
Speaker 2: What time is it? I don't know how to tell time?
Speaker 17: Right?
Speaker 2: Cool? We got to five.
Speaker 1: We're gonna use.
Speaker 2: Every goddamn minute of it.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 15: I'm I'm coming to support you on the panels because you're on the panel, cause should.
Speaker 1: Be on the panel too.
Speaker 2: I'm not a d D.
Speaker 1: A certain point I gotta like if I'm sitting around and it's nothing happened. I'm just.
Speaker 2: Ship real like, you know.
Speaker 1: That's what they gave me an up north, they gave me Thursday and they said that nigga, he got too much energy. Let's calm him down. My moms came to see me one day.
Speaker 2: I want Thursday. And that's how yo.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm talking about. My mom's just talking to me and I'm talking back, just my mouth. I'm like, mom, good, what about my mom's call the warden whatever that yo, I'm getting. I'm calling out Shopton. That's not my son.
Speaker 2: I just met, you know he nigga, you fight too much.
Speaker 1: Nigga hit you that thorough thing. That's a rerail.
Speaker 2: I don't want there.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I went somewhere.
Speaker 2: Dog.
Speaker 1: She's about the bottles, the niggas. The niggas is just jail niggas. It's got jail.
Speaker 2: My nigga right here, got just jail right.
Speaker 1: At my nigga. He just got locked down. Bejus feel like and it feels like the niggas. I would hang out with the yard, both him and Kay, both boge niggas like that. That would have been my section. The booby section.
Speaker 2: In the section we had a movie section, they do us in the showers.
Speaker 1: You remember they said, yo, you gotta smoke them cigarettes and the showers. That's yeah, that's foue Yo. Listen, Sean Prayers.
Speaker 2: I can't thank you more than enough.
Speaker 1: Make sure we want you to shout out. We want you to shout out to your Instagram, your company because we want the people to follow you, King Chi.
Speaker 2: We want people to know.
Speaker 1: How important that this is behind the scenes, because the artists are great, but its artist can't be great by himself. Now, that's what saying.
Speaker 10: And honestly, I'll be remiss.
Speaker 2: If if if I don't know what that worship miss meaning.
Speaker 10: No, I mean, it's just a big word that I felt it was necessary to say at the.
Speaker 2: Moment, Okay, but if I didn't mention it what it means.
Speaker 13: Yeah, y'all need to get your show like me. Like that's that's my mentor right there, So y'all need hard pier. Y'all could find me a Global Spend three sixty five. At Global Spend three sixty five, follow the movement. Shout out to all of the DJs who were just nominated for this year's Global Spin Awards.
Speaker 10: Shout out to the whole Revolt staff. I seen Ramond.
Speaker 1: Duke's in here.
Speaker 13: My man, Aubrey Derrick Ferguson just dragged me into something overn vote, thank you and thanks for having me much.
Speaker 1: Love, kiss you know all right? Cool, we got about four more minutes yo show. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Man. We need to flick with it right quick, right, let's get a flick ahead.
Speaker 1: Hey, come on with drained all right, cool fast on the camera.
Speaker 2: I feel like a boss gonna sitting down in the chair. I'm trying.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to let Jada kids smell the bogie this niggas nuts you the only nigga I get a bogie pass with. I ain't gonna fron Ray Kahn. Let me smoke bogi's on this tour bus too. I was like everybody's looking at me like damned up, like like you get a bogie pass, I get a bogie back because like like Newport owe me money, like in real light, like I really do change them, nigga say, you.
Speaker 2: Know what the crazy ship is. Newport could have just sent me a cart and and I would have been like, I fuck with you. Them niggas ain't even send me a carton. They ain't even say, my nigga.
Speaker 1: You holding us down. So I switched. I smoke camel crush now yo, nah, I'm putting it out there right now. Crush camel crush, n r E and the drink chance. I'm sorry, I throw I'm not none of that sh camel for nah. Now you know why, because yo, my throat. The nigga met the man told me a long time ago. He was like, I'll performed one night. He's like, your ship is fucked up right. I was like, yeah, he's like new Ports. I said, oh ship, He said, for your voice. Always smoke white people's cigarettes, real caml So you know camel MeV smoke cal No memoke Marlborough lights.
Speaker 2: Even that's no, I ain't gonna front. The lights are.
Speaker 1: Actually good, like especially if you're drinking, you drinking light because a lot of white girls drink smoking as well, so they're gonna it's gonna always be around. If you hang out in the white white sections, you gotta be in the white white seton. If you're in the white section and they smoking Newports, get the get out of there, get out of it. Who wants a white person that wants to be black, like I want a white person that want to be white. That ship works for me. I'm sorry, man, here, we're gonna go in this. We're gonna go support you in the podcast. You know my A D D.
Speaker 2: But and I might this is my thing. My thing is I want to get kicked out. So I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: You're talking about, I'm gonna just go to the panel.
Speaker 2: But it makes him.
Speaker 1: Listen, man, this was a classic episode by the way. We had Leo Kohns, we had Kevin Lyles, we had day Day. You know, Day Day got seventeen kids and he twenty two. The fact due.
Speaker 2: You just made that's a drunk factor. You don't know none of that I got you. Come on, man, you don't know he is actuate.
Speaker 1: Let's pop that bottle because we gotta get ready for EFN D e FN. It's the first panel you your panel. Nigga riches a panel. Nigga has a panel Nigga. But it's the first time.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna watch y'all on the panel, and I want to make panel watch. I'm a panel watch.
Speaker 1: He rup. I'm gonna watch her up and you know what, Jada kiss, thank you for being on the Drink.
Speaker 2: Champs again again again. But you know, we got to do a.
Speaker 1: Special Jada Kiss Drink Champs edition where.
Speaker 2: We go through all your bars. So it's gonna be like a thousand hour interview.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be for you take breaks. We're gonna we're gonna do like a marathon. It's gonna be like a thousand Jadakiss bars. Because Yo, you know what tax Stone said. He said you could raise kids off of Jadakiss bars.
Speaker 2: That was the hardest compliment I ever heard in my life.
Speaker 1: I should have called you that moment. I don't know why I didn't, But I'm calling you now, like in my mind.
Speaker 10: It's just not.
Speaker 1: In my mind. It just like in my mind it happened yesterday. So I'm like, you ain't make up call you is. But Yo, that is the biggest calling you now the way my memory is set up. But Jada Kiss man, I can't thank you enough because again, you was one of the second episodes we ever did.
Speaker 2: You and job Bru we got fucked.
Speaker 1: Up, We got up and got more fun.
Speaker 2: Nigga have me in the I eight ready to throw up. He was like like, ya, I want you to see this ship.
Speaker 1: I'm like, bigger, I don't even want to be here, like you got me ready to earl like I'm on great invention scream machine. But Jada, kiss you, my boy. Let me just let me just say this before we get up out of here. They ain't a lot of people that I consider my brothers. They ain't a lot of people I consider my friends. They ain't a lot of people I consider family and the locks all of them. You know, I might be closer to the kids, so closer the styles, but I'm all of them. I represent all of them, you know, Sikh as well. And they ain't a lot of people who's pure, genuine and since here like they are.
Speaker 2: We went to Yonkers.
Speaker 1: It was a little scary because because they the elevators wasn't even working.
Speaker 4: But we did a studio looks crazy, that looks it looks like so.
Speaker 8: Yo yo.
Speaker 1: That's how you know for a nigga doing record with y'all and go to y'all studio like they gotta trust y'all studio. I love Ross Rose and my brother he pulled so he got to like the second floor. Swiss your kiss, this email me this email.
Speaker 8: Love drink.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your hats got my hand phone right, Don't give me like that.
Speaker 13: I