Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe, Getty arm Strong, and Jetty and he.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: A judge gave the man who attempted to assassinate Brett Kavanaugh only eight years in prison after he began identifying as a woman. You don't say, said the Menendez sisters.
Speaker 1: That's a good joke.
Speaker 2: That is a good joke.
Speaker 1: That's a well crafted joke. Yeah, I've got a question about upf's ultra processed foods. Joe has been trying to scarce about for quite some time. And I'm sure it's true that whenever you're eating something that's got a list of fifty ingredients, you can't have no idea what they are, that it's probably not good for you. And lately they've been saying that, like this is really really bad for us, right, Like this could be this could be a lot of what all our problems are obesity and health.
Speaker 2: This isn't it food addiction.
Speaker 1: But I often think in addition to all the ingredients, just stuff that's like sealed in a bag or whatever is probably that. But like the kettle chips, like the healthier potato chips. You get to look at the ingredients and it's just potatoes, oil, salt. That's the only thing on there. Does that mean it is an ultra processed or is it just a slightly better versionable because it's still in one of those bags sealed up that the food would stay fresh for the next one hundred and fifty years, which.
Speaker 4: Doesn't do those The more you know, basic down to earth potato chips, do they have that long shelf life?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know that either.
Speaker 2: Actually, it's all.
Speaker 4: Better for you than the ones that have a zillion ingredients chemicals and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I actually bought some chips. I was watching the Tucker Carlson nine to eleven documentary that I assume is going to end up. It was the Jews. I haven't finished it yet, but Tucker was doing an endorsement, just like we do on the radio, for some healthy chip and I actually talked me into it. I bought someone. They come in the mail this week and I'll try them out. I'm all for trying to get away from that ultra process stuff. Eat eat way way frough. Been looking at my bread. It's hard to buy bread. Bread's a tough one because my experience has been if you buy bread that doesn't have a million ingredients, it's fresh for like a day. Either got to eat that day and make your sandwich or forget about it.
Speaker 4: I eat homemade whole grain bread because I'm better than you. And yeah, we keep it in the freezer because we have to. You you bring it out and let it thaw on the countertop if you're going to walk the dog or something like that, or pop it in the toaster for a minute, minute and a half just to get the you know, frostiness off of it. But yeah, you have to at least refrigerate it and probably freeze it.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I can plan that far ahead on my bread.
Speaker 2: If a minute, don't you just no, no, no, a minute?
Speaker 1: It takes it only takes a minute to thaw out your bread.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in a toaster? Sure, Oh, you totally in it and a half?
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, Michael, don't you just eat a white wonderbread and that's all you eat. That's generally what I've been eating. But I'm trying to get away from the ultra processed food, and bread's a tough one.
Speaker 2: I love sandwiches man, I think you'll be happy with it.
Speaker 4: So a little featurete here might have to go into the next segment, but that's fine. Politico was out with a report a private polling memo run by the DNC. I think one of their big consultant groups are pushing their candidates to go on the offense on crime ahead of the twenty twenty six mid terms because that's one of their weakest electoral issues, and that is I'm not sure exactly how they're going to go about that, but it was shared exclusively with Politico. The battle Ground District survey from Global Strategy Group nonprofit blah blah Blah offers a bleak assessment of Democrats. Starting point nine percent of the likely voters surveyed want their Congress member to take steps to keep them safe, but only thirty eight percent trust Democrats over Republicans with that task. Voters also reported preferring Republicans to Democrats with preventing and reducing crime and cracking down on violent crime, gaps that grew among swing voters, but the voters swung toward Democrats in all four categories after hearing messaging acknowledging crime is a problem and showing steps the party is taken to increase safety. Specifically, pollsters cited cracking down on gun trafficking and strengthening firearm background checks, and if you emphasize that the Democrats are doing that, the poll numbers change a lot. Plus the persuasion efforts include criticisms of GOP cuts to gun violence prevention funding, the Trump administration's attempts to roll back firearm regulations, and Republicans ties to pro gun groups. So the whole gun control thing is about to be one of the loudest issues in America again. But when you gave him just a little talking to, there was a double digit swing among voters. So they're going to be hammering on that apparently, and sending around the usual spate of speakers calling for gun control, which will never and has never squared with the Second Amendment. But they don't talk about that because they don't care. They just want to win the next election.
Speaker 1: Are you moving on from polling because I have an interesting poll thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good, go ahead.
Speaker 1: This was on CNN yesterday. This is about Trump's approval rating in general. This was on CNN again. They're pointing out that he's hanging around the mid forties. And I'll just quote the analyst they had on CNN as they had the numbers up on the board, Trump is basically doing what the American people thought that he was going to do. If you look at the numbers, Trump is basically the steadiest favorability rating at this point in the presidency of any president on record, and it's basically where he was a year ago, good enough to get him reelected at the time. All the news, almost all of it negative about Trump. He's just hung around forty three forty four percent, steadier than any president that has been recorded through the first nine months. And he was at this number when he got reelected. So that's pretty amazing. I don't know, it is amazing. I don't know if that's just because our dials are stuck regardless of who it is, or it's something special about Trump or whatever.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, it's it's interesting.
Speaker 4: Nonetheless, So, speaking of crime, Jason Riley, brilliant columnist for the Wall Street Journal who wrote a great book, he just wrote another thing, a column about public housing and how miserable how the progressives insisted that the poor black neighborhoods be torn down in the fifties and sixties especially, literally torn down everybody given what the government said their place was worth, and then all put in giant public housing projects. That was the progressive solution to the black poverty problem. And I'd really like to get into this at length, but the one point he makes that is incredibly powerful is, Yeah, they gave him the minimum a judge would let them, the government give them for their properties. They missed out on every penny of future appreciation of the value of those properties. They lost their businesses. There was a great system of upward mobility within those black neighborhoods. There's like totally stunted upward mobility in the progressive designed public housing projects and the public financing thing. Anyway, that's a discussion for another day. But he wrote a couple of weeks ago, and I held on to it because it's so good. He's talking about policing and how more policing means less crime, and black people proportionately have way bigger benefits than any other people in America from more policing, not the opposite.
Speaker 2: It's great for them.
Speaker 4: And he talks about Brandon Johnson saying that we can't arrest our way out of poverty, and we need more affordable housing, not more police. And then Jason gets into my favorite part of this. That point of view is held widely on the left that crime can mostly be blamed on poverty. You hear it all the time in blue states. In this respect, it's the mayor's views that are out of touch. Not only are most poor people not criminals, but the most impoverished communities in the US are not the most violent. Further, violent crime was significantly lower in earlier eras when poor Americans were materially much worse off than they are today. If anything, more evidence points to crime driving poverty than the other way around. And this is the part that my god, I wish the Republican Party was any good at communicating with people. Merchants are more likely to abandon lawless neighborhoods.
Speaker 2: How many times have we seen that recently? All the damn time.
Speaker 4: Where operating costs are hire, taking employment opportunities and economic activity with them. As businesses leave, the tax based shrinks, property values decline, and public services suffer. In the forties and fifties, the homicide rate for black mails fell by double digits, and black incomes rose faster than white incomes.
Speaker 2: This is the forties and fifties.
Speaker 4: Safer neighborhoods are conducive to upward mobility, and police help keep neighborhoods safe. And then my favorite part is this, We are not going to eliminate crime or poverty anytime soon, but there are better and worse ways to address both. Family makeup and education play important roles in reducing social pathology.
Speaker 2: Cultural habits and attitudes matter.
Speaker 4: Single parent households were a minority of all Black households for most of the twentieth century. The welfare state expansion of the sixties and seventies, which subsidized irresponsible, self destructive behavior, led to social retrogressions that some Black communities still haven't recovered from more than fifty years later.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I have very strong opinions about this whole thing. I think the breakdown of the American family is the cause of tons of our problems. And nobody wants to talk about it because they feel like it be mean, or they're participating themselves.
Speaker 2: Or they're blaming the victim or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and nobody wants to talk about it. Hey, households to stay together, do way better kids do better, parents do better, everybody does better, neighborhood does better. It's just better all the way around. But that's not a popular thing to talk about.
Speaker 4: And then one of the last things Jason writes on this topic, he quotes our hero, the great thinker Thomas Sowell, another black man, what it's worth but soil remarked, when you take away stable families, decent schools, and safe streets, there's nothing left stable families, decent schools, and safe streets. How are the Democrats doing on those three things? I'll let you answer for yourself. It's good to talk about people would listen to. And Jason Riley, yeah, you know. And one final that we don't really have time for this, but a study has come out that there's there's an old saying among lefties that zip code is destiny.
Speaker 2: And it turns out that complete bunk.
Speaker 4: It all has to do with family, education and safety.
Speaker 1: What does that mean? Zip code is destinied that like where you were born, it determines your life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, Well, it's nice.
Speaker 4: It's a zip code is destiny, and that's the major source of inequality in the US. The rich stay rich, the poor stay poor, and you've got to get the poor kids, uh, you know, bust them to other neighborhoods and other schools and stuff like that, and some of that may be somewhat effective sometimes. But again, to your point, nobody wants to talk about the family.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a depressing topic but very very true. And there's a goodzillions of stats to back it all up.
Speaker 2: By the way, Yeah, it's funny.
Speaker 4: I don't find it depressing because there's a solution. It's when I don't see a solution that I get depressed. Now, getting people to actually talk about that solution in an honest way is going to be a hell of a battle, But.
Speaker 1: I'd say the solution. Is there any thoughts on that text line? Four one, five two nine KFTC.
Speaker 5: And some lebron fans feeling the letdown tonight After King James's highly anticipated.
Speaker 1: Announcement turned out to be an.
Speaker 5: Ad for a collaboration with Hennessy Koonyak, James tease the reveal yesterday, spending sending ticket prices for the Los Angeles Lakers final regular season home game skyrocketing. Has fans speculated he could announce his retirement.
Speaker 1: Yeah, kind of a silly little gimmick. But I was doing a little sports rating yesterday with the idea that this really signals that Lebron James is no longer the leader of the LA Lakers. It's Luka Doncics team now. Lebron is a role player, because that is not the sort of thing you do as the season is starting in just a few days. Pretend you're going to retire, have everybody on your team and the coach and management thinking what this is, and it turns out you're promoting something to make your richer. That's not cool.
Speaker 4: He must really just enjoy the challenge of building businesses. I mean, like your Lebron's James and you're George's Clooney that don't match any money yeah or never will yeah, but they just enjoy the challenge of it.
Speaker 1: I guess that's fine. But you can't on the eve of a new season. Hint, you're retiring just for fun to promote a product with your teammates, Like what, that's not.
Speaker 2: Cool unless you don't care anymore.
Speaker 1: Unless you don't care, you know, that's why it's not his team anymore. That's not his main focus anymore. I guess is the point different? LA story. This is wild, this is breaking news. They've arrested a guy and charged him with starting the deadly Palisades fire in California. Oh wow, which you know all along it's been talked about. It was lightning or whatever started all these fires. A man was arrested Tuesday, killed twelve people, destroyed a huge swath of some of the most expensive property and nicest property in America. Twenty nine year old idiot of Florida, Florida man was charged with destruction property by means of fire. If felon need it carries a up to a twenty year prison sentence. Should be more neat near his home in Florida. He was arrested scheduled to make his first appearance in court this coming Wednesday. It'll be interesting to hear what they actually have on him and why they think he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Palisades Fire was began on January seventh last year, burned twenty three thousand acres, which is absolutely amazing.
Speaker 2: Well, in all the death, that's surely twenty years.
Speaker 4: No, he's got to be put away forever, or put him on the rack or something.
Speaker 1: Quartered I'll put him on the rack. That seems like a good idea. How much time by got Michael?
Speaker 2: Not about a minute thirty?
Speaker 1: So yesterday the other day, where am I all like a target or something like it? Beautiful sunny day, A Camaro pulls in windows down, ACDC, back in black, blasting out the windows. Oh yeah, and I told my teenage sons that exact thing has been happening since nineteen eighty one. A beautiful full spring day Camaro with its windows down, blasting back in black from ac DC. Correct, But that's wild that that was happening when I was their age, and it's still happening today.
Speaker 4: The hairstyle may have changed slightly, or the length of the person's socks.
Speaker 2: Other than that, everything's the same.
Speaker 1: Everything's exactly the same. You're doing it for the same reason, you're enjoying it in the same way, with the same male hormones and wants and needs flowing through your brain.
Speaker 4: And you know, I'm not big on nostalgia at all, but I have memories tied to when that album came out and the people I was hanging out with in the baseball team I played for, and how we would have beer soaked poker games and just listen to.
Speaker 2: That that album is just good times.
Speaker 1: You're not big on nostalgia. You don't like looking back fondly on things.
Speaker 2: Oh I do.
Speaker 4: I just I tend not too much, probably too little in the great in the words of the great Neil Peart, I let the past go too fast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't want to revel in today, which is kind of sucky.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I try to make days less sucky and like good ish.
Speaker 1: Eh, we got we got, we got more, we got to get to so s take.
Speaker 2: It armstrong and getty.
Speaker 1: So yesterday was the anniversary, as you know, of two years ago October seventh, the the horror that Hamas unleashed on Israel, and for some people it was a moment to restate their allegiance to Hamas, particularly like the young college crowd across the country, with a number of fairly big demonstrations, a little frustrating, highly annoying. You come off as crazy people in many cases. You're about to hear one right now. So there's this guy named Nate Friedman, young Jewish man by the way, but he's got a popular YouTube channel where he interviews some of these idiots and exposes him for their idiocy. He comes across. I believe this was at the New York protest. New York had a pretty damn big Hamas support protest yesterday, which is troubling. Anyway, this particular guy was flying some sort of gaze for Hamas flag or.
Speaker 4: Something frans or Oh that was his flag?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is that the one that's kind of pink and blue and brown?
Speaker 1: I must admit I don't keep up on that sort of thing. But Nate Friedman talked to the well, I guess it's a she because he says he's a transit. Anyway, he talked to the person.
Speaker 7: So is this this is the translag this is the Palestinian flag mixed with the pants? Okay, what do you say to those who say that trans people.
Speaker 8: Would be killed in Palestine?
Speaker 6: I mean, I don't know about that, but I know that I'm standing here today. At least fifty percent of the guys in government needs to be trans women like Muhammad himself. Mohammad herself was head sacked a trans lesbian.
Speaker 8: Muhammad was a woman.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Islam is a trans idea, it's a trans religion. It Mohammad herself was a proud trans lesbian.
Speaker 7: And Iran the morality police, and and also in Gaza they kill trans people, Like do you think that that's not true?
Speaker 6: Or I mean I think they're secretly Jews if they do that. They because no Muslim would actually do that, like Islam is a gay religion.
Speaker 7: They asked, they asked Muslims in Gaza what you would do with trans people? They say they we don't have that here.
Speaker 6: We kill those people. I mean, I don't know, but that's why we need to protest harder. That we need at least fifty percent of the Palestinian government to be trans women.
Speaker 1: How do we make don't so you know, how many people does that person represent in terms of their intelligent knowledge of the subject, et cetera. I don't know. I think a lot larger than I'd be comfortable with me. But that guy shouldn't be involved in anything anything at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how do you feed yourself? How do you get through the day being that good nuts and ignorant? You know, there are more sophisticated versions of that. I would like to ask, you know, a less looney young queer or like transactivist about the whole You know, Islam is unbelievably intolerant and by the way, is in fundamentalist Islamic countries, they utterly reject the idea of the rights of women, I mean completely reject them.
Speaker 2: Doesn't that bother you?
Speaker 4: I'm sure they'd come out with some evasive answer to that, that their professor's taught them that that is just because of the colonialism that they suffered under or something.
Speaker 9: I suppose, right, I mean, the ability of human beings to ignore what is clearly true to cling to an ideology is amazing and terrifying.
Speaker 1: If you got best case scenario with Gaza, it's still not going to be a friendly place for the LGBTQ community almost certainly, no, and probably not much for women's rights.
Speaker 2: Certainly not no.
Speaker 1: I mean they've the last time they had an election, they voted for Hamas for crying out loud. Anyway, this guy wants fifty percent of the new Gaza government to be trans women.
Speaker 2: I mean, can I ask what about trans men? What the hell is going on here?
Speaker 1: What an odd request? Anyway, he goes on, how.
Speaker 8: Do we make that happen?
Speaker 6: I mean, we have to protest, we have to push put pressure on the Jews who control the world to make this happen, Like they own everything. We have to make this. Are you Jewish? No, I'm Italian and Muslim.
Speaker 8: So Jews own everything?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How do you think?
Speaker 6: How do you think that happened?
Speaker 1: How did Jews start owning everything?
Speaker 6: I don't know. They use their dark magic. I guess like.
Speaker 7: I'm Jewish and I would like to have some magic, but I don't feel like I have any magic. How do you think I can access this dark magic?
Speaker 6: I don't know. If you're maybe using your magic on me right now?
Speaker 7: No, if I am the first time ever hearing about magic.
Speaker 6: Because we used to have like the thing where you would tie a stone to the leg of a witch and dunk her in the water, and if she floated, she was a witch.
Speaker 7: Should we do that with Jews?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 7: Should we do that with Jews across the whole world everywhere?
Speaker 6: And there's the other one where you're like, put the Bible on one scale and the jew on the other, and if they're lighter than the Bible, they're a witch.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right.
Speaker 4: So he's an interesting combination of he could only exist in the twenty first century and his attitudes are from the fourteenth century.
Speaker 2: What's going on.
Speaker 1: There right right?
Speaker 2: Which is drown dark magic in the Jews? What right?
Speaker 1: There has never been a point in history really where they were going to put up with the whole trans thing. But you are in favor of drowning witches.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no, you don't understand, sir. And I realize you're sporting a little lipstick. You're a dude. Look, be a gay dude, be an effeminate dude. You're a dude. Anyway, you understand when they taught you that at school, that was to point out how ludicrous it was.
Speaker 2: Stay with me.
Speaker 4: Now, if the person floated, they were a witch and they'd be put to death. What if they didn't float, they would drown and be dead? Does that not strike you as an odd judicial system?
Speaker 2: Now you go? Now you talk a bit seriously.
Speaker 1: So this guy's a half a nut, maybe three quarters of another might be a full ninety. But what he says in this next clip, if a white Southern drawled guy in a MAGA cap said, it would be national news and it caused Joe Biden to run for president. Listen to this, So we just kill all the Jews, though, I think so?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, we need to throw Yeah, am I.
Speaker 7: I'm a zion I don't talk to about Well, we're we're, we're we're on YouTube too.
Speaker 6: Can I look up what you do on YouTube?
Speaker 1: But you need us having a conversation.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll do it later.
Speaker 7: So okay, so we should call a juics. How should we kill all the Jews?
Speaker 6: We should throw the Jew down the well so that my country at least can be free.
Speaker 1: So what is your country and what cher is their country?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 6: America, America's the country, also Palestine.
Speaker 1: But also Palestine. He says, Okay, that's enough of this idiot.
Speaker 4: Well, not only would it be a white supremacist saying something horrific like that, it would be in the midst of a giant demonstration who agreed with him, that agreed with him.
Speaker 1: He just flat out said we should kill all the Jews. And that doesn't make national news or whatever because we just dismiss them as all other college kids. They don't know anything or what? Why Why did Charlottesville google it? If you don't remember it? Why was Charlotte'sville enough to make Joe Biden run for president? When I saw the hate in their eyes, the venom, when they are chanting, they will not replace us. I knew this country. I couldn't let this happen to my country. Why was that such a moment, a turning point in history for you? But all of these college and numbnuts flatly staying saying we need to kill all the Jews, Just well, what are you gonna do? Young people? You know how they are.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm flipping through the New York Times just looking for any coverage of any of the demonstrations in New York City calling for the death of Jews and the death of Israel and up with Islamic supremaciism.
Speaker 2: I'm looking for it in Vain. I'm not finding it in.
Speaker 1: New York, the biggest Jewish population in the world outside of Israel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, nothing.
Speaker 1: Why are more Jewish people pressuring the New York Times and CBS News say hey, there are people on the street over there, like right outside the window. You can see them from here from Rockefeller Center, you can see him. They want me to be dead.
Speaker 2: It seems like a news story.
Speaker 4: Arab mediators believe Hamas could be open to partially disarming. That's like one of the first headlines on the whole topic. But nothing on the demonstrations.
Speaker 1: I think Israel should say back, We'll blow off your junk, just like we did with uh HESB. We'll blow your junk off, right, you want your junk blown off?
Speaker 2: Careful picking up your remote control? Yeah? Wow, Okay, I just it's frustrating.
Speaker 1: So do you have any idea, Like if I could ask Jakeem Jeffreys or some high level democrat on the left, why was Charlottesville a turning point in history? But these numb nuts? Fine? What would he say?
Speaker 4: Is he being honest in this scenario or is he being Hakeem Jeffrey's politician?
Speaker 1: Um?
Speaker 4: Because I could give you both versions, but well both the honest version.
Speaker 1: The honest one is pretty simple, I think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the honest version was Charlottesville was a handful of numb nuts, but it gave us a great opportunity to portray Trump supporters and Republicans in general as racist bigots and get them on their their heels.
Speaker 2: So that was really really useful for us.
Speaker 4: This one's not a lot of these people are our allies, So no, we're not gonna call them out.
Speaker 2: Were you? And I follow up?
Speaker 4: So, do you actually think Charlottesville was those half wits? Was like a significant movement. He'd say, oh no, no, no, no, no, they're just super useful.
Speaker 2: For us politically.
Speaker 1: That means it's disappoint that's a disappointing answer.
Speaker 4: Well, wake up, grow up, grow up and wait, or wake up first and grow up and understand. That's what politics is these lions. It's like that Jay Jones monster running for Attorney General in Virginia who openly espouses violence against Republicans because only when they suffer personally and watch their children die in their arms will they be ready to change policies. This guy's serious about this, and the Democratic Party is with them for Attorney General of Virginia.
Speaker 1: I don't know. You don't want to grow up first? Then wake up? Wake up, then grow up?
Speaker 2: Well, you'd hate to miss your formative years being asleep.
Speaker 1: Wake up, grow Do you take anything to sleep, melatonein or anything like that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, well, yes, Scotch, that's a good that's that's a pretty accurate true answer. I guess yeah, because you're not that played a role in going to sleep at night.
Speaker 2: Definitely, yeah, it does. Absolutely, it doesn't do any good for your quality your sleep.
Speaker 1: That's twy you dismissed moment like, oh god, no.
Speaker 2: What taken something for sleep? I didn't. I don't dismiss it. I just I never have. I haven't needed to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I take a tiny amount, like a tiny amount, but I think I really think I've just convinced myself that it plays a role. I'm not sure it doesn't anything.
Speaker 2: It doesn't do any.
Speaker 1: Yes, Katie, I've started.
Speaker 10: I've actually had to start taking unism and it works like a charm for me.
Speaker 1: I don't know that. I thought that was a charity that helped hungry children. What is Unison.
Speaker 10: It's just an over the counter sleep aid and I started actually taking it about five days ago and it's working wonderfully.
Speaker 1: What's it got in it?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: I mean sleep juice.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Judy was taken or doctor our general care what do you call it? Primary care? Doctor recommended a little benadryl and she was doing that for a while and it worked great.
Speaker 2: Then it kind of stopped working.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 2: The classic your kid is, you know, overtired and needs to go to sleep. Here you take it or take a little sip of that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it contains things that I can't pronounce, but it is non habit forming which I was a big fan of.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: My only problem with that is there's a lot of things they've claimed throughout the years or non habit forming, but they absolutely are habit forming, whether physically or psychologically.
Speaker 2: Luckily, alcohol is not one of those.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, like the melatonin things, it seems like reasonable that it would make sense that, like if you took three milligrams and it made you drowsy, six milligrams would make you drowsy year And I was under that. I just was assuming that along. Then we got an email from a doctor a while back said no, no, it's a weird thing about like if you cross a line, it does you more harm than good. It keeps you awake. You want to take a tiny amount. So that's when I started taking to take like one and a half milligrams or something, which is barely anything, and in my mind, I don't know if it does anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you know, when I was a baby in Italy, uh, the Italian parents, if the kid had teething pain, they would dip their finger in their wine and the kid would like suck the wine off the finger. It's a tiny amount, but it helped his painkiller and the kid would be like, you know what I'm turning in.
Speaker 1: That's what Bill Cosby was doing to his dates. Wasn't it that sort of the sleep juice? That's that's what you need. I need something with some sleep juice in it. The steepification came up Jackson, the jack go waging in one stayed asleep and has been asleep for quite some time. Now we will finish strong next. You know, we haven't done. You know, I was just look at our list of things. We haven't played. We haven't listened to the elderly protesters singing this land is your land in Portland. I haven't heard this yet. How this sounds? Can we hear that?
Speaker 8: That is twelve Michael, So.
Speaker 1: You know, the worst thing that happened in America, It was a great thing that happened America. Civil rights movement was fantastic. It was the right thing needed to happen, good result. But the fact that it worked with the help of hippies has led everybody to believe that that's the answer to causing social change. It wasn't that this is clearly something that needed to happen. You know, majority of people came around to what obviously you know, fit in with our the way we believe America to be blah blah blah blah blah blah. It wasn't because of the songs, or the chanting, or the or the sandals. It wasn't because of those things. Those are the beards. The beards, those elements don't need to be present to cause social change. I would argue the banjo was an impediment to social justice exactly, not a cause of it. Yes, exactly, we got civil rights despite the banjo, not because of the banjo. That's what we need to learn.
Speaker 4: I'm with Christy nome Klipsas sixty two, Michael, come on, hit it, come on speak truth to power. Course.
Speaker 11: One of the things I've been dealing with all day here in Portland is a bunch of pansies that are elected into political office who won't make a decision to keep their citizens safe. This mayor is gonna wait until somebody gets violently hurt or killed. He's gonna have blood on his hands because he sat around and thought too long, because he's too scared of the political ramifications of making a big decision to keep his city safe.
Speaker 2: It actually does sound pretty accurate.
Speaker 1: We say this is an interesting time and I got a lot more on that, but Portland will still be what it is tomorrow. Talk about it. Then, I suppose final.
Speaker 8: Thought we flashy wow you before that song?
Speaker 1: Oh the entire show usually Oh I am I have attention, but that song makes me Lord, here's your this is arrestment, this is all go down hr together. Here's the holds for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 4: Let's get a final thought from everybody and the crew to wrap up the show. How about Michael Angelower, technical director leading us off.
Speaker 2: Michael, Well, Jack's comments just made me forget my final thoughts. So all I know is it is Prime Day and it was something about a Christmas list.
Speaker 1: It's Prime Day. Yeah, today's Prime Day. I don't know what that means. I've seen it in Amazon Prime YEP. A bunch of discounts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, we make people pay for commercials. My Katie Green are s themed Newswoman. As a final thought, Katie, we.
Speaker 10: Used to call people pansies all the time when I was in high school, and I'm bringing it back that she just reminded.
Speaker 1: Me of how great of a slam that is. Pansy's a pretty good term.
Speaker 2: That's a great term.
Speaker 4: There are a lot of terms I'm stealing, Jack Slot. There are a lot of terms that we were told for years are racist or bigoted, or impolite or rude or whatever we shouldn't use. And you know, I tend to be a polite person in real life, but now calling it like it is, I don't care who I offend. Here on out brace yourselves, Jack.
Speaker 1: Final thought, I kind of did mine. It was come in on my engorgement or.
Speaker 4: Black there over crying out Michael, why do you have an off button for his microphone?
Speaker 1: I'm strong, wrapping up another grueling for our work to you sick.
Speaker 4: So many people to thanks, so little time. Go to armstrong a getty dot com. A lot of great clicks there, Katie's corner. We got the hot links. Pick up some swag.
Speaker 2: Christmas is coming, whether it's Prime Day or not. Get your favorite AAG fan some cool swag.
Speaker 1: Yeah that is cool? Uh we I got an interesting thought about Portland. We'll talk about that tomorrow, among other things. See then, God bless America. I'm strong and Getty from.
Speaker 2: Pancy Is in Portland to little idiots who want to cook the juice. Some are flattering angles let Katie Porter feeling use the news is kind of crazy, but they leeve.
Speaker 6: You've got Jack get job.
Speaker 2: They're all stronging Gatty. They listening to the show. I don't want to keep doing it because I'm gonna call it Armstrong and Getty. Thank you,