Speaker 1: Second date update, don't talk. There's a message here.
Speaker 2: My best friend.
Speaker 1: You're so bad. It's a jam first of all, a record.
Speaker 3: I'm playing this old school song because we've got a very special caller on the phone for a second date update. He's a proud single dad on the hunt for romance. This song is about the kid's best friend, his dad, a dog, my.
Speaker 4: God, way to kill like the five of the segment before we even started, because we got the single dad.
Speaker 1: On the line right now hoping to get a second date. His name is Gig Sorry, is that right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, gig Gig.
Speaker 1: That's a unique name.
Speaker 2: Had you heard that song before?
Speaker 5: Gig Man?
Speaker 6: I have?
Speaker 1: It's his ring tone, Gig, Welcome to the Daycare of Love. Tell us about tell us about your dating life.
Speaker 5: Bro awesome, guys, thanks for having me. First off, man, this is a good time man.
Speaker 2: Vibes. That's sweet, gig awesome.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 2: What's going on? Did you meet somebody you liked?
Speaker 5: Gosh? Okay, let me tell you about it? Okay, so.
Speaker 1: Sorry you started, Jeff, Who did you meet recently?
Speaker 5: I met Gabriella? I met her online?
Speaker 2: Okay what initially attracted you to her?
Speaker 7: So I have two kids, right, okay, and I'm a single dad. I got fifty to fifty custody with them. But let me tell you, I'm a fun dad.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: I like to do fun things with them, you know what I mean, like all the cool stuff.
Speaker 1: Happy hour, cool dad.
Speaker 8: I bet you just like take them out to do actual activities and stuff that they like.
Speaker 5: Right, yes, exactly. So when I went out, I went out with Gabriella. Right, I'm not a huge romantic dinner type of guy.
Speaker 7: So I booked two tickets to the Children's Museum for our day the children.
Speaker 2: Wait, did you bring your kids with you on the first day?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 5: No, I'm just kidding. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: I was like, bro, like, do we have to pretend that's fun?
Speaker 1: I could have told you why she's not calling. I think all of our expressions changed. Okay, well you're funny man. Where where did you really go with Gabriella?
Speaker 8: So we went to dinner and we did go carts. Oh yeah, we went to the outdoor track and because I've been there with my kids many times, and let me tell you, it is a blast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's super fun.
Speaker 9: Did you go to those ones where you actually have to like wear a jumpsuit and like the helmets.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it was yes, Okay, let me tell you this.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this guy he legitimately rolled out of his car.
Speaker 5: The ambulance came and it was yeah, it was. It was a whole deal.
Speaker 6: As I'm telling.
Speaker 9: You, someone was severely injured while you were there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, but he was good. He was good, and they picked him up. He gave us a thumbs up from afar.
Speaker 9: He was like, actually had a race.
Speaker 2: Yes, was that a moment between you two.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So after that, after that, you know, cleared up that little scene.
Speaker 7: We finished our laps and we high five and we hung we cheered, you know, we went across the street, we grabbed some food.
Speaker 5: It was cool. Man. The thing is, though, the thing that I.
Speaker 7: Worry about most, it's like, it's God keep me.
Speaker 5: Up at night.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Is that I just I don't think I answer enough questions. Oh yeah, it is, you know, because during the day we saw the connection. You know, there's such a strong connection that I wanted to share about my kids.
Speaker 2: Oh so you talked about your children a lot. She is she a mom?
Speaker 5: She's not, No, she has not a mom. She doesn't have any kids. But you know, she did say that she's open to the idea of dating someone with kids. Okay, okay, so we could get into that a little bit.
Speaker 9: Okay, all right, Well, I mean I could see that regret. And you're a high energy guy, and you're at a higher energy place like you're probably just amped up.
Speaker 3: It's just nearly witnessed somebody die, like just trying to fill the awkwardness.
Speaker 2: When you guys went to dinner, were you able to connect there?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we did.
Speaker 7: We talked quite a bit, actually, but you know, I wish I would have got to know her a little a little bit more.
Speaker 3: Okay, we have a whole lifetime to get to know them. If this ends up working yourself up about it too much, yeah, a lot of time.
Speaker 1: So tell us tell us about how the date ended.
Speaker 7: We dove separate, right, and I walked her to a car. You sat there for a moment, and I honestly I thought she's gonna kiss me on the lips.
Speaker 5: I thought I was going to close the deal right there. Really, yeah, I'm telling you, it was. It was something.
Speaker 9: You can feel it, right, Like I can tell you around kids a lot because you even say it like a kid, dude, a kiss like on the list. Wow, Corona, if you were, if you were feeling it, how come you didn't go in for a kiss?
Speaker 2: Oh man?
Speaker 5: Because I wanted her to do the first move, king, I like that.
Speaker 2: You know it probably didn't happen.
Speaker 1: Then what did happen?
Speaker 5: I'm sad to say she kissed me on the cheek. There's a little little bit peck on the cheek.
Speaker 3: Okay, I've never heard this before, but is it possible to be a bad cheek kisser?
Speaker 1: Your cheek? She kissed him, That's what I'm saying. Maybe his cheek was.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Well I did come from the race track, so you know, could have been dirty. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, we're gonna find out for sure. Let's come back.
Speaker 3: We'll call Gabriella and we're gonna ask her why she doesn't want to go out with an awesome single dad named Gabe.
Speaker 9: I'm enjoying your energy, Gabe, I am, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 1: We're gonna come back, refocus whatever.
Speaker 10: Right, second date, up date, We've been talking to a single dad named gig g I g I.
Speaker 1: Love the music intros.
Speaker 2: This one not a daycare Jeffery.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm just playing the music that Gig would feel most comfortable hearing in his daily life.
Speaker 2: He went an adult date.
Speaker 3: That's the thing he's not getting.
Speaker 1: Everybody can relate.
Speaker 3: He's not getting a call back from his date Gabriella because they did a race track restaurant, ended with some hot cheek kissing action and you could just tell from talking to him a little bit that he's a good guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Fund.
Speaker 3: I also want to say, the other reason I'm personally pulling for you, Gig, is that he told us early on in the call he felt like he didn't ask his date Gabriella enough questions about herself. I think that takes a lot to admit that, especially from a guy belaving himself accountable for his own words.
Speaker 9: I think even recognizing it is you know, like that that's.
Speaker 1: The so did you forget his name again? It's Gig.
Speaker 2: I think Gig would look I mean, I think Gabriella would look a lot of Gez, But Gig, you.
Speaker 5: Know what I'm saying, Like, of course, for sure, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe she didn't feel that way, maybe she didn't notice, but maybe there's something else terribly that went wrong.
Speaker 9: And now I just you know that happens a lot on these so I'm just trying to set him up the more a positive guy.
Speaker 3: There's no way we're gonna find out he's some awful, horrible person.
Speaker 9: No, I just like to, you know, like set people up for the worst, hope for the best.
Speaker 3: What we really need right now is some big gig energy.
Speaker 1: Big Gig knows what that's about. Let's call Gabrielle to see what she has to say. Here we go. Hello, Hey, I'm looking for Gabriella.
Speaker 5: Yeah, who's up. Hey?
Speaker 3: My name is jeff from a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning that you're on right now with the entire Brook and Jeffrey crewe.
Speaker 5: Bye.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, all right, it's kind of fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have something fun that we want to talk to you about. A date that you went on the other night with a guy named Gig.
Speaker 9: Did you already talk to him or I'm glad you didn't say which one.
Speaker 3: There's only one Gig that we know, and we did talk to him a little bit.
Speaker 1: Heard about your guys' hangout.
Speaker 3: He's reaching out to us right now to do this is called a second date update because we're trying to help him figure out if anything went wrong that day.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean obviously there was even Okay.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I mean just can you tell us overall, like what did you think of Gig?
Speaker 6: I mean, the date was fine, and especially in the beginning, like he has a lot of energy. I don't know if you guys noticed that, but it's like it's a little intense.
Speaker 2: Wasn't it too much for you?
Speaker 9: I know that like sometimes when people can't turn it off, that it can actually become exhausting at some point.
Speaker 1: That's energetic, overwhelmed. Yeah, even ours. He was very positive when we talked to him.
Speaker 6: Definitely, definitely, definitely positive. Okay, And I think it's wonderful that he loves being a father. I do not have children, but I'm open to dating people with children. I respect it, all of it. But it was it was a lot. We spoke about them the majority of our conversation.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay for you.
Speaker 6: Then what happened was too much for me?
Speaker 2: Oh there was an incident.
Speaker 6: Yes, So I went to the bathroom and when I came back, he was just like, two people want to meet you, And I was like what, and so he like pulled out his cell phone and his two sons are are on FaceTime and you meet my kid.
Speaker 3: Okay, well we did not know that there was a FaceTime call with his children.
Speaker 2: Did that happen? When where were you guys when.
Speaker 6: That happened in the restaurant?
Speaker 2: That end with no warning?
Speaker 6: No warning? And also like how many dates do you do this on? This is our first date?
Speaker 9: Okay, okay, but but what if the kids called they happened to be on the phone and he didn't. He didn't say like, meet my date, meet my the lady, I'm going to take home tonight, right.
Speaker 6: Like they said meet my girlfriend or something. I couldn't remember what he said, but I.
Speaker 1: Was like, meet my friend.
Speaker 2: Are you yeah? You sure? It wasn't meet my friend?
Speaker 6: And I'm not one hundred percent sure, but I'm pretty sure. But it doesn't matter. Like if his kids called during dinner, that is fine. You want to step outside, you want to talk to your children.
Speaker 5: That's I mean.
Speaker 1: Did what were you saying to his kids during the FaceTime?
Speaker 6: I didn't know what to say, so I just was like, oh, it's nice to meet you, and you know, I don't I don't want to be mean to children.
Speaker 1: But you never want to hear the phrase I don't want to be mean to children.
Speaker 2: But wait, how long were you on FaceTime with the kids?
Speaker 6: I mean I made it short and sweet, and I was hoping he'd kind of get the hint. But eventually I was like, okay, like I'm going to eat.
Speaker 1: So it wasn't the amount of time you spent on the phone with the kids. It was just the fact that he kind of sprung the kids on you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, also, like it is our first state, Like is that something he often does.
Speaker 5: I would never do that.
Speaker 1: I don't even think of that.
Speaker 3: I know you're not a big fan of having things sprung on you all of a sudden, But unfortunately I need to tell you, Yeah, it's not the kid top. It actually is on the other line right now.
Speaker 5: Gay, Honestly, I don't see what the big dail is, you know what I mean. I treas my kids to my dates. I mean, that's part of my life.
Speaker 2: You always do that? Is that what you're saying, Gabe, that gig. God, it's like Gabriella and sorry, gig, Gig. Is this something you do every time?
Speaker 5: You know, I'm not the same to say I do it every single date?
Speaker 1: As you think you do that on purpose, like to gauge there.
Speaker 8: That doesn't seem I just think it's a little ridiculous to have to wait six seven months to meet the woman that I'm dating.
Speaker 9: You know what I mean, there's probably some healthy things in there that you may want to talk to, like a family therapist.
Speaker 1: Can you not recommend to our show?
Speaker 3: It's insulting what you say, Gig.
Speaker 1: We apologize. I think you're fine and you don't need any therapy. You're a great dad. Keep talking to Gabriella.
Speaker 5: Gabrielle, listen, listen.
Speaker 7: I didn't even tell you this, but since like I got you on the phone, they both really like you.
Speaker 5: They rated you a seven.
Speaker 1: Five rating rating system of day.
Speaker 5: Gabriella, that's huge that I ever do that.
Speaker 1: That's the highest rating.
Speaker 5: I really don't want to talk about what I'm rated.
Speaker 6: I really don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's healthy.
Speaker 3: And I mean it's not what Gig is rating you. That's what his kids are rating you.
Speaker 1: We got that. Don't hold it against Gig. What his kids? What's the scale?
Speaker 3: Like the rating a hotness or is this like maybe.
Speaker 2: I don't want to know their children They shouldn't be raiding people. I don't like Gig.
Speaker 9: You sound like a really positive guy, but maybe that's something you take out of your repertoire.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what, that might be some fair advice for once from Brooks.
Speaker 1: The other things like dad, she's a fee.
Speaker 4: I don't like the woah okay, but I think overall, Gabriella, what he's trying to say, they really like you.
Speaker 3: He's just trying to involve you in his life because that's the type of fun guy that he is.
Speaker 1: Really close.
Speaker 8: Speaking of liking you, my five year old son, Eli, Yeah, five year old son, he made you an astray at school?
Speaker 1: Isn't that amazing?
Speaker 6: Ash?
Speaker 1: Does she look like a smoker?
Speaker 6: Is this a joke?
Speaker 2: What school is he going to?
Speaker 5: It's a little clay pot. You can use it as a candy dish.
Speaker 1: If you're not, it's just let's call it that.
Speaker 2: To him as well, I mean, okay to the five year old.
Speaker 3: I feel a lot of positive vibes at least coming from our side and from Gigs side. We just need a yes from Gabriella now to go on the second date, a date that we.
Speaker 5: Would pay for absolutely not come on day with the kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Gig, I'm sorry, man, Like I know there's definitely a match out there for you, it's just not Gabriella.
Speaker 9: And also like maybe it's like enough, we've got enough, Like you want to get rid of the rating system and the ash trays. Jeffrey shouldn't be part of get.
Speaker 1: I get what's going on? Gig?
Speaker 3: Can you have your kids go online and rate Brooks what they think of her, go on a dates?
Speaker 2: He brings his kids in the morning,