Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: TD Tuddy taking it to the house reservations for six. Whatever you call it, touchdown, one thing's for sure. Touchdowns matter more at Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NFL. On the ground, in the air, from the special teams or the defense, we don't care how you score them. We want to bet on touchdowns, and at Draft Kings Sportsbook is the number one place to bet touchdowns. Ready to place your first NFL bet, try something as simple as betting on a player to score touchdown. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your bet today. Ready to do your touchdown dance of your own.
Speaker 3: New Draft King.
Speaker 2: Customers can bet five bucks and get two hundred and fifty instantly in bonus bet and get one month free of NFL Plus Premium. Download the Draft Kings sports app. Use code Shannon. That's code Shannon for new customers to get two hundred and fifty in bonus best when you bet just five books and get one month free of NFL Plus Premium only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 3: The Crown is.
Speaker 4: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and y four six seven three sixty nine.
Speaker 2: In Connecticut.
Speaker 4: Help is available for problem gambling Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in Resorting, Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction. Void in Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issueance. See dknng dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Jump the gun again now, Hello, ladies and gentlemen. Thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. I'm your favorite ut shout a sharp. He's your favorite eighty five route runner from Liberty City, Bengals Ring of Fame Arterie. I'm not so sure he want to claim the Bengals right now, but he lives a pro bowler for all pro for the Cincinnati Bengals. Best Chad O Jo Siko Johnson. You can just call it Mocho. Thank you for joining us. After the forty nine Ers win thirty Cowboys twenty four, the Cowboys fall to three and four. The forty nine Ers are now five hundred four and four. I think they're going to buy again. Thank you for joining us. Cowboys might be in trouble in that division because the Commanders walk it off. The Eagles blow it out and they're looking good and the Cowboys they aren't. So thank you for joinings. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that light button and do us a favor. Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from.
Speaker 3: We want to thank you.
Speaker 2: Every subscriber counts, every subscriber matter, and because of you, o Cho and I and Nightcap has been able to enjoy unparalleled success. So thank you again. Hey dyke Man, make sure you check out Shade by LA forty eight. We hope to be in fourteen to sixteen states by the end of the year. If we're currently not in a state or a city near you, you can order it. We have it in stock, and because we have it in stock, the turnaround will probably two to five business days considering where you ordered it from. So if you want it and it's not in a city or a state near you, you can order it and we'll shipping directly to your door. Please go follow my media company page on all platforms. That's Shapshaped Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. Our news release dropped yesterday now, two days ago, which is Friday. We dropped I Was Held when I was well shirts, I'll Lie for You before I Lie to You shirts, black Nightcap hoodies and by popular demand, Stay with Me Now hoodies. Also the best sellers or Unk and Ohot's quantities are limited, so grab yours while supplies last. The link is pinned in the chat again, thank you, thank you for your support, oh Choll. Let's jump right into it. The Cowboys lose again. Forty nine Ers beat the Cowboys thirty to twenty four, needing a touchdown to take the lead. Dallas goes four and out four straight incompletions and they lose thirty to twenty four. If you can't beat the forty nine ers, debo ends up going out. Jennings was already out. Au Is out. Yeah, McCaffrey is out.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If you can't beat them with the limited offensive weapons that they have, I don't know when you're going to be able to beat them. Because we know if they had a full arsenal, they probably win by twenty. They probably win by three touchdowns.
Speaker 1: They might have put a forty tonight. They might have been forty five points. Listen, I really I thought the Cowboys, coming off of by week, I thought it would have been a better showing the offensively. Defensively, the can't stop the run. So I'm not sure what they are right, Dak, Dak, you can't turn them all over. That didn't play well. He didn't play well. I know, at the end of the game it might look like from a statistical standpoint that Dak played well. As far as the yardist that Ceedee Lamb was able to get, I don't. I hate to call it garbage sign, but it is garbage. It was because the forty nine ers basically playing damn their pre premen defense, not basically they stopped playing defense, and I don't know what they need to do it. It's getting scary for them because everybody else in that division is playing well. The commanders. It's amazing we're getting the quarterback and do for a franchise in such a short time that fast. They look good. The Eagles playing well. I'm not sure that. I'm curious with Jerry's gonna say.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: He can't say nothing because he put this roster together.
Speaker 2: Remember how you wanted us to pat him on the back, O Joy for the roster that he done. Everybody is here either I either I have selected him or it was it came across my deskite.
Speaker 3: You picked that roster?
Speaker 1: Did that?
Speaker 2: Those defensive linemen that getn't run through like Sherman went through Atlanta, that's you. Yeah, and didn't he said, thirty six attempts, Oh jo hello, thirty six attempts two hundred and twenty three yards, two touchdowns.
Speaker 1: That's nasty work. That's nasty work. But then Jerry say, as a GM and the owner, there's nobody else that is better suited to do the job than him though, right.
Speaker 2: That's what he said. Okay, but a lot don't care who tell it. I'm just making sure.
Speaker 1: Listen, I was, and I picked the for the No, it's funny I picked the Cowboys win. I picked the Cowboys to win simply because the forty niners were depleted some of the weapons. Well, yeah, uh, Jennings was out, Brendan Ayuk was out. I wasn't sure if Divo was going to play.
Speaker 3: And he played, but then he ended up leaving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he ended whatever it was towards the end of the game. Though it was towards the end of the game. He played them, but they needed him on that.
Speaker 2: They lead him on that last drive, the drive before they ended up going, you know, had to punt the ball. That's when you need a Devo. That's when you need a quality guy, somebody that you can count on. Is like, okay, you know what, Yeah, I could lie. He can make plays. I know I can go give him the ball. But I like, you know what, I like. I like the way pretty played in the second half. I thought he left a lot of players on the field. In the first half. He threw had a third down, he threw it behind Debo, He had an incut that was wide open.
Speaker 3: He had to dig and he throw it in the check down the kittle.
Speaker 2: I'm like, bro Colmley is not gonna get any more open then what he was on that dig right on the gig we call it in whatever you want to call it. He's never gonna get even any more open than what he was on that route. He wasn't sure about himself, and that's really one of the first times that I've seen pretty unsure about himself. He had debo on the shallow Cross. He threw it behind him, telling him.
Speaker 1: What you can't read. It's hard to reach back and grab that. It's hard to reach back and grab that.
Speaker 3: Oh til you're talking to you and I understand that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the casual fan at home, the people at home that never caught passes, Oh, it touched your hands.
Speaker 1: You can't catch You can't stop now, stop.
Speaker 2: Foolish, that's bosh. You're talking to the people that played. You got twelve plus year in the NFL. I got fourteen, We got a bunch of Pro bowls, we got a bunch of All Pro, we got over we got over seven fifteen hundred catches between the two of us. Yes, sir, so, I think we know what we're talking about. We said, that's one of the hardest catches. You're running full speed that way, you try to open your health to get your helps around and the ball.
Speaker 3: It's hard. It's a hard catch to make.
Speaker 1: Even even though he did miss him. He did miss some throws. What he did do very well is extend players, yeah, and making them and making plays off script using his legs. And you don't really see Purty as as one that is, as a as a dual threat quarterback. But he did really well at extending plays and running for running for first downs when there was really nothing opens when the pocket broke down him being able to escape. He did that very very well tonight.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, just like well, he's unsure of his receivers. All you can ask your receivers to do is be where they're supposed to be. If they're where they're supposed to be, when your back foot hit, let the ball go. I don't give a damn who it is. You could be throwing the ass. If when your back foot hit and Ashton fifteen coming back towards the ball, you let that mofo go, oh joe, if you if you hit a five, you running a speed out when not joking, hit ten and rolled the twelve.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let the ball go.
Speaker 3: Gotta be gone.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter who's running the route. All you want him to do is to be in the place where he's supposed to be. That's what creates uncertainty. But hey, the dude's driving back to you. He's fifteen, he's coming back towards you.
Speaker 3: Let it go.
Speaker 2: The mere fact that he took the check down let me know that he was uncertain with that. You know, he skipped cat Conley on another end, break your route and he skipped it, almost skipped it to it.
Speaker 1: You know, it's funny. He's heard about him having uncertainty of himself. He might have an uncertainty with the person he's throwing the ball to. That that could be possibility as well, because that the trust might not be there just yet.
Speaker 2: It is, but all you can ask him to be now if he wasn't where he was supposed to to be, and you gotta and you gotta do this, but y'all you drop back in your back foot hit and he's at fifteen coming back.
Speaker 1: You gotta let you gotta be gone.
Speaker 3: Hell, you throw it to him in practice?
Speaker 1: Hey, you know it's funny now that you mentioned that, that's where the trust starts. Yeah, those players repetitive, Yes, repetitive practice. So if you if you, if you hesitate the game, that means in practice, it might not have went as well as it should because for a quarterback, when you when you run certain players in practice and you get in the rhythm with the receiver, it comes like clockwork. Before you've been out that break, the ball is already gone because you know where he's going to be. You anticipated, I know, it's I know Kyle. Kyle is a lot like his dad. Yeah, what the hell you holding on the ball for? So what's his death supposed to be?
Speaker 2: Right? Fifteen? How deep you think he was? Fifteen? So what the hell you and throw it to? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he opened.
Speaker 2: He He's not gonna get any open, more open than what he was on that play, definitely. And those are the players. Hey, coach, I threw it to him. He dropped it, That's that's on him. I've done my job. My job is to throw it to the guy. If he drop it, that's on him. Hey, what happened on that player? I don't know he coming off the field.
Speaker 3: Ask him. But I threw it to him.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That's all I got for you. Oh yo, right man?
Speaker 2: At some point in time, Oh y'all, if you can't stop the run, it's damn there.
Speaker 3: Impossible to win in this league.
Speaker 1: It was nasty working on the runn night. That's been there, kidies here all season long to hell last season two. If I'm not mistaken, Yes, it's bad. It's bad.
Speaker 2: They built to play with the lead. And that's fine to have undersized linemen if you got a lead and a team can't run the ball. But what happens when you don't have the lead and you got those lots. Look at thirteen. Thirteen is a safety playing linebacker?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, oh yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: You better have some You better have some guys.
Speaker 2: They got some damn bricks in their back pocket to drop anchor on your ass once.
Speaker 1: One of them linemen when them pulling guards, get ahold of thirteen or anybody you know basically in that in that second tier, that second level. Yes they ride, They riding them all the way to the sideline.
Speaker 3: But look at all the look at the guys.
Speaker 2: They got angular guys, oh jo, They got guys looking to try to shoot the gap.
Speaker 3: You know, they looking to get up field, and you can get upfield.
Speaker 2: If I got a fourteen point lead, I got a seventeen to twenty one point lead, So now I've taken you out of the running game. Because you're behind. I know you're not gonna run, and so you're gonna run periodically. I give you ten yards, but you running the football, you'll run out of time trying to catch up. So I know you want to throw the football. This is embarrassing. Yeah, this is embarrassing by the Cowboys because you look at what you look at what the Saints did to them.
Speaker 3: You look at what the Ravens did to them. Who else to be? Look at me?
Speaker 2: Pull up the schedule and I can, I can, I can tell you who ran the ball down there?
Speaker 1: Fucking that that says the Ravens game was that was? That was nasty work?
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no no. Some other people rant it worse than did them do them dirty? Yeah, Steelers ran the ball? Who Lions? It was the Lion?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh you know, you know a funny thing when you talk about the Lions. The Lions running the ball on everybody.
Speaker 3: Everybody.
Speaker 1: They running the ball on everybody. So I mean, if if they can't stop the run, they're not going to be able to be anybody. If they can't play from a lead, even if they do have a lead, The fact that they can't stop the run, the team is probably gonna catch up because that means the offense has to be that much more perfect every time they had the ball, and.
Speaker 2: It's puts a lot of pressure on your offense. Here there tonight they ran the ball nineteen times for fifty six yards.
Speaker 3: That's not even three yards.
Speaker 2: That's that's is that three yards a cab that's not even three yards, But that's two point nine something because nineteen times three be fifty seven.
Speaker 3: They have fifty six.
Speaker 1: But how do you only have fifty six yards with the backs you have? You got, you got, you got Elliott, you got you.
Speaker 2: Got for thirty four, number for twelve. See kevon Turk and he had one for eleven. He had like a jet sweep.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh my goodness, man, listen, Oh you can't stop the run and you can't run the ball. Something something got to give.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, I'm gonna give you a recipe for getting your ass kick.
Speaker 3: You can't run it.
Speaker 2: Big help of the thatth you can't stop to run a bigger help of the day.
Speaker 1: But matter of fact, I got a question for you. You played for a very long time. Let's say you were part of the Cowboys personnel. What would be the answer for the Cowboys? What do they need to do based on what they have now? You can't go out and get any new players. You got Michael coming back at some point, I'm not sure when.
Speaker 3: You're him and dlau coming back? Yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: What is the answer. What is the answer to fix the problems they have right now?
Speaker 2: There are no answers? Oh choe, So the season's over. No, you got to play the games, but you don't. I don't have the person nail. I don't have guys that are big enough, that are stout enough to be able to stand in there and protect me against the run, because they getting up on your second.
Speaker 3: Level every time.
Speaker 1: Every time, I.
Speaker 2: Mean they scooped, they scoop blocking and slip blocking up to the second level every single time they come. What we mean by combo, that means they're doubling and then they push the end and then they go to the linebacker, or they'll scoop. They'll scoop their tackle and get up on the linebacker. So another word is two against one and then they gets to the next level, or they do it with a tight end. They'll do it with a tight end and a tackle. They'll do it. If you notice they do a lot of motion with the tight end. He'll push the end on to make sure he secured the edge, and then he's gone up to the second level and here comes the back right behind it. They don't have the person nail because they're built to play with the lead you anticipate. We got that. We played sixty million for a quarterback. We got a thirty four million dollar wide receiver. But you don't have anybody outside of that thirty four million dollar wide receiver.
Speaker 3: You have no resemblance of a run game.
Speaker 2: You can't run the ball even if you wanted to, and you don't attempt to most of the time, because that's why you had thirty eight pass attempts and you had nineteen rush attempts. So you can't run the ball, you can't stop the run. So a team is just that just grind you down to the no.
Speaker 1: You know, maybe maybe the Cowboys are a banning the run too fast. Maybe they're banning the run way too fast. Because if if you said Zeke had what how many carries he had?
Speaker 3: Zeke had ten carries for thirty four yards.
Speaker 1: And okay, and obviously you said Dave Davin had Dalvin had six.
Speaker 3: Had six for twelve yards.
Speaker 1: Maybe they need to balance it out a little bit more, because every time you run the ball, it's not gonna hit every time. Sometime you're gonna go Sometime you get one, sometime you go two yards. Sometimes you might get fired. But at some point, if you keep chopping wood, like coach Lewis you just said, you keep chopping wood, at some point, I'm gonna break.
Speaker 2: Well, I tell you what, I'm gonna give you a hatchet, and I'm gonna let you go try to chop down a giant red wood, and I'm gonna see how long it's gonna take you, because that's what the cowboys are trying to do. They're trying to chop down a red wood or a secoya with an effing hatchet. This ain't David Crockett. You ain't Daniel Boone. I understand because when you look at it, Ojo, when that comes out of the half and he throws then interception.
Speaker 3: Right, they go down score boom.
Speaker 2: So now with a different ball gain now it's thirteen ten, guess what they go right down to pre boom they score again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, So now you're down two scores.
Speaker 2: You ain't got no running game, right, I know you can't run the ball. And then boom, guess what we score again. Now we got you down three. Now we got you down three scores again, we got you down seventeen.
Speaker 1: And now you don't have no choice.
Speaker 3: You ain't got no choice but to throw it. He ain't frie to run the ball.
Speaker 2: First of all, why would I hand the ball to a guy that's averaging three yards to carry another guy that's averaged two yards of carry? Where are going to the line of scrimmage? So every time if you look at it, think about it, Ojo. When the Cowboys on second down it's second and ten or second to eight or more, I mean, what DA's supposed to do with that. I'm not excusing Daktion throwing those interceptions, but I'm saying, yeah, it's hard to keep overcoming second and eight, second and ten, third and eight, third and ten. At some point in time, it needs to be third to one to three. That's why I first, it needs to be second, second in three to five. That's why first down is the most important first down. To me, it is the most important down to make sure, your third down is very menitable and it.
Speaker 1: Opens up your plate. But because there's so many different things you can do with a third and two or third and three, yeah, third and five. Now anything outside of that, you know, it gets trickiest. There is the mean a coin a coin flip on way.
Speaker 2: To get the first because if you look at it, because they're playing from behind the sticks, it's hard to play a football game like that and win a football game when you're constantly behind the sticks. And that's what the Cowboys are. It's second and long, it's third and long, and yeah, you get a few of those, but over the course of a game, h it don't operate like that. But but the Cowboys don't look good. They don't oh Joe right, they don't look good. The offensive line really isn't that good. Zach Martin is not what he used to be. They hold a lot and so it's a lot of pressure on them because you can't run the ball, and the team, the opposing team knows that.
Speaker 3: It's hard to keep the moods off.
Speaker 1: Your joke about speaking of them not looking good. Do you see who the next three games.
Speaker 2: Yes, they go down the road Atlanta, Atlanta plays some damn good football.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they got Atlanta. They got the Falcons, that.
Speaker 2: Is Atlanta Falcons. Atlanta are the Falcons. I think they got the Eagles.
Speaker 1: Atlanta they got, they got the Eagles.
Speaker 3: They got back to back week with birds.
Speaker 1: Hey, hold on, it's another it's another difficult one. Right after that, though.
Speaker 2: They got they got Atlanta. They got they got Atlanta, they got the Eagles, and they got the Texans. And then they got the Commanders. Oh, you know Washington Commanders. So if you say commanders, yeah, they got Washington. Yeah, that's the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 1: Could could it could be on four, it could be on fo Yeah, for sure, on five coming out to buy.
Speaker 2: Then were doing better than the Cowboys. I bet you that. I don't know how we do it, but I know we're doing better than the Cowboys. I'll tell you what. If your team did not win today, I don't want to hear you say foot or ball. If your team didn't we if your team won today, say football all your life, say yes.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes here.
Speaker 2: But if your team didn't win it if your team lost by more than ten points, and if you do and the only way you're allowed to speak, if you're on a podcast. If your team loves about more than ten, I don't want to hear nothing.
Speaker 1: And the Eagles got lucky today, but we get to that.
Speaker 2: We get that boy did beat the boy. They moley wapa at home.
Speaker 1: Ain't no milly walk. That was garbage time. Points now garbage time.
Speaker 2: You know why, you know how your garbage time because they say, hey, let's clean up the garbage because that's what was on the field. We play it against garbage, y'all trash. I know you don't want to. That's your team and you should ride with them. But I told you your defense, your defense suck and then your offense suck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whoa listen for us, this for this for us this year, the defense has been here. It's been our cuties here. I'm just gonna be honest.
Speaker 2: You do realize that y'all got beat by the Patriots, So what would they excuse you that one?
Speaker 1: That's that's week one. You know, we one of the we wanted to toss. You got starters that didn't play any games in the preseason, So it's depending on on how will you run your office.
Speaker 2: That's most of the starters. That's most of the starters on the team who plays in the preseason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right right. That's why it says a tasso when who wins the game, whoever executes whoever executes their game playing the most and makes the least errors most of the time. When it comes a week one game, that's who wins. Until all in the rhythm now right now? Week seven? You're young?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, y'all were heard in the week this was week what they call this week eight? Yeah?
Speaker 1: This we gate on or seven?
Speaker 3: Yeah, week eight?
Speaker 1: You better listen. Our offense don't really get rolled until you get to about week four.
Speaker 3: Nah, you don't think so it is week? Is you in week eight?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So you a month passed?
Speaker 1: And I know I talk about early in the season.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so when your defense given okay, if your office get rolling about week four or when your defif kick in?
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, defense is read and react, baby reader.
Speaker 2: Okay, when y'all gonna react, can y'all read? I mean what what they need? What y'all y'all? Can you can you read your needed?
Speaker 3: And brail?
Speaker 2: I mean what it is? Because I'm going on with the bigg I don't know what's going on with the big man.
Speaker 1: Hey, I don't know, man, I'm hurt, man, and I got I got fans. Everybody told me they want to fire Zach Taylor. They saying the play the play calling is yeah, I mean, I'm I'm just I'm just I'm I'm telling you what I'm hearing from the fans. They're blaming the coaching They're blaming the coaching staff. But listen, when you come into a game with a game plan, it's up to the players to execute the exit and nose. That's all they come down to. That's all they come down to. It don't matter who's calling it. It don't matter who's calling it.
Speaker 2: He called those same plays. Now when y'all were wining, y'all say nothing about that. No, you say, fans are Yeah, that's why if you listen to him, you'll be up there with.
Speaker 1: Him in the stands.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Somebody coaches listen to the fan, Yeah, and pretty soon you wouldjoin them up up in there in.
Speaker 1: The stand Somebody, somebody, somebody sent me. Somebody sent me a meme or a gift that had Bill Belichick and the Bengals hoodie as a coach with the sleeves has.
Speaker 2: Paul Brown, I mean, excuse me, uh not, Paul, my dad, Mike Brown too.
Speaker 1: We spent a little money in the off season. Now we spent a little.
Speaker 3: Money, yeah, very little.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, y'all spent most of the money last year when y'all resigned. Joe, you got Old Brown. You got Old Brown Junior. So y'all feeling, But you know who y'all really miss? Jesse Based the third.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a good one.
Speaker 3: He balling in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: He cutting a free balling, He is balling.
Speaker 3: He was the quarterback of your second day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but they did, they didn't. But I ain't want to pay.
Speaker 3: I've been told y'all to stop all that talking.
Speaker 2: But the forty nine Ers win at home, go to five hundred four and four with a thirty twenty fourth victory over the Dallas Cowboys. The Cowboys fall to three and four and fall way way behind division leader Washington Commanders for six and two. And I think the Eagles are five and three if I'm not mistaken. The two and a half games, so the three and four. Yeah, The Cowboys next four opponents, Atlanta, Philly, Houston, Washington are combined twenty two and nine. They had three kickoff penalties. How you can y'all get lined up on the kickoff illegal formation? Bro?
Speaker 3: What y'all doing?
Speaker 1: What is that is not lined up where they should be right before the ball is kick right.
Speaker 2: Dak Prescott is the first Cowboys quarterback with multiple interceptions in three straight games since nineteen ninety two. Those, oh those Cowboys, Troy Aikman. That was the first, and they went to the Super Bowl. They ended up blowing out the Buffalo Bills. Yeah, I know, that's a nice little that's a nice little caveat of it there saying, oh bad, look what we did. Bad day. Ain, don't worry about it, Troy Lennard, forget about it. Go back and look at that roster.
Speaker 1: Yeah what they had.
Speaker 2: Look at your roster, Look at that defensive roster, and look at your roster.
Speaker 3: Ohho.
Speaker 2: The Pats come from behind to beat the New York Jets twenty five twenty sou twenty two.
Speaker 3: Excuse me.
Speaker 2: They begin the season with Super Bowl aspiration and now their playoff dreams are starting to slowly played fade away two and six with a five game losing street heavily favorite, the Jet Jets came unraveled and every possible way falling to zero and three hundred. Jeff overt on the Waddy Johnson decision to five Roberts Sally after only five games. Clearly that's backfire. Yeah, Pat Devon Goucher, is it gout y'all? On Aaron Rodgers. I think he's struggling right now. Just a Hall of Fame quarterback like that. I hate to see him go out that way. He definitely don't look the same. Ish I can run him down and catch you.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow, Now you remember Ojo, We had this conversation. I say, you bring a guy like Aaron Rodgers. I say, you're hoping that the defense is exactly what they are, if not better. You're hoping the guy that you're getting is what he was where he.
Speaker 1: Was at Lord, you got it at least a little bit of what he was.
Speaker 2: You tell me.
Speaker 3: Aaron Rodgers looked like at what part? Yeah?
Speaker 2: He can make a throw here there, but not nearly enough his deep. If that defense don't hold a team to twelve point, they're not winning. They're not winning now. I want to know what the excuse is now, because the last four weeks he has to play better. Right, he said, you know what happen when you start to get old. You know what you need to do, but you just can't do it.
Speaker 1: Your body can't do it no more.
Speaker 3: The mind is willing, Yeah, the body just ain't able. It won't register. I need to play better. I need to play better.
Speaker 2: And what you can do like when you're young, you bro, you can rap up big game after big game after big game. As you start the age, they get father and father in between. You have one good game week week one, and then it might be week four or five six before you have another, and then it's week ten before you have another one. Anybody out there tell me Aaron Rodgers look like? Tell me that you've ever seen Aaron Rodgers look like he looks right now. But when I tried to tell you he was forty. When I tried to tell you he's coming off in a killes injury, Oh.
Speaker 3: You hate me.
Speaker 2: He still got no four MVPs. Okay, he got those four EVPs. How you looking?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's rough. You know what funny? The funny thing about it is we talk about Aaron Rodgers not looking like the Aaron Rodgers for us to seeing, especially when you is that green Bay. If Aaron Rodgers is playing as bad as he is now, then that means the people around him have to play that much, have to play better. They have to that's what have better to hide the handicap or the weakness that is that. I mean, thank you just playing right now.
Speaker 2: As you get older at Oo Joe, as you get older as a human, what do you need to get by people to help you more? Maybe you need people to come in and help you prepare your meal, help you to get dressed right, help you to drive. As an athlete, you need more talent around you. You need better receivers, You need a better running game. You need an offensive line to protect you. You need a defense that can stand on their head.
Speaker 1: But he has the receiver's uncle. We got DeVante Adams, We have Garrett Wilson, we have Allen Lazard. You have a superstar, a star running back in Brest Hall. That there should be There should be no excuses at to this point, there should be no reason why they just are okay.
Speaker 2: So if you gave me okay, you got Garrett Wilson, you got Davante Adams, you got Breefe Hall, you got Alan So what's the excuse.
Speaker 1: I don't know what. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know that he's gotta be something that you just told me. Chad, y'all hurt. Ojo said it. He said they got better weapons than what they had for Zach Wilson. I know that's what Ojo told me. They said, if we get a quarterback, were gonna be fine. You just rattle off Garrett Wilson. You just rattle off Davonte Adams, You just rattle off Breefe Hall, you just rattle off Allen. Now, I need to know what's the problem if he has all those weapons. I don't know, but everyone I now, you don't let me finish.
Speaker 1: In order for Aaron Rodgers to play at maximum potential, Garrett Wilson, DeVante Adams, and Breese Hall have to be that much better. They just have to be that much better to over.
Speaker 2: That's why they brought him in there. I thought he they brought him in there to make them better.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Completely, Okay, we blame Okay, we blamed Robert Salah, he lost his job. Nathaniel Hackett got demoted. Yeah, okay, you just told me. Ain't nobody gonna say Rogers. Everybody said Sola. Everybody said a Hacket. We got Davonte, You traded and got Davonte, You got an offensive player of the year and Garrett Wilson, I mean, rookie of the year. Ain't nobody gonna say the arbus. Ain't nobody gonna say.
Speaker 1: The option I said, I said, I said the quarterback was a problem.
Speaker 3: Anyway, said the quarterbacks name Aaron Rodgers. Oh, okay, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I said that already. I was just saying. I said Aaron Rodgers was the problem. That's why I said, everyone else has to play that much better. If he's not playing well, everybody else got to be on point.
Speaker 2: But if if hold on, if that was the case, you could have kept you could have kept Zach Wilson and then have everybody elevate that place.
Speaker 1: I could have told you that. I could have told you that because he didn't even play this guy damn bad. There wasn't no goddamn two and six. But also so that was there. The defense was all world. Defense was all run boy. Hey, they were playing some goddamn ball.
Speaker 2: If you go back and study history of defense, which I have, Yeah, only one defense in the history has gotten better statistically.
Speaker 3: When they were all world.
Speaker 2: The previous year, the eighty five Bears as great as they were, if you go back and look at statistically, the eighty six Bears was the greatest defensive symbol and the funniest thing, but they got beat. They were fourteen to two and they got beat.
Speaker 1: The funny thing about it, So eighty five bit is the credit for being the best.
Speaker 3: Defense because they won the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: You look at the two thousand Ravens they won the Super Bowl. You look at the old two Bucks, they won the super Bowl. You look at the thirteen, the thirteen Legion of Boom, they won the super Bowl. You look at those historic defenses in Pittsburgh, they won the super Bowl. Seventy six might have been the better might have been the better defense of the defense, theve symbol. Now you talk about a team that won four seas bull than six years and you look at the I think they won seventy four to seventy five and it won what seventy eight, seventy nine something like. I think that's my memory sort to be correct. That's what happened. But if that defense have any slippage and your quarterback has slippage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's over. Yeah, it's a rap.
Speaker 3: It's over.
Speaker 2: And because they don't generate enough early enough and so the defense is constantly on the field and now you wear them down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's tough what they have.
Speaker 2: I mean they ran Okyoho twenty eight for a buck twelve. That's like four yards of carry. That's exactly four yards of exactly for you could live with. You could live with that. Rogers was seventeen of twenty eight, two thirty.
Speaker 3: Three, two thirty three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Zach Derek Drake May three or six, twenty three, he ran for a touchdown, got kicked in the back of his head. I don't know how that wasn't because the guys that will slide and the guy hit him in the back of the head. But that's not the heir nor there. But the Jets got some issues and you're seeing that. It wasn't coaching.
Speaker 1: It wasn't we talk about they have issues. These issues have been arising since what Broadway Jones. It's been the same issues. Yeah, been the same issues. And in the time when they were successful, it was because of their defense. It's because of their defense. Their defense has always carried the Jets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's what happened.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you go back and look, and everybody's like, well, if you look at the Broncos they won the Super Bowl, Yes, but do y'all remember what the Broncos offense was before that defense became that. Do y'all remember Peyton Manning? They won thirteenth straight, They won like eleven straight games. His first year there, he finished run up for the MVP. The next year he was the MVP. Fifty five touchdowns, fifty four hundred plus yards, broke the record and touchdown and passing yards. The next year he threw for another thirty nine touchdowns, twelve interceptions, and almost forty five forty six hundred yards. Okay, go back and look at Tom Brady. Did you see the numbers that he put up. But what happens when his defense couldn't stand on the head like they did in the playoffs and down the stretch this first year, Then what happened?
Speaker 3: Come on, chat, I know, y'all watch it.
Speaker 2: What happened when that defense couldn't stand on its head and they couldn't turn you over?
Speaker 3: And then he started to turn the ball over. That was the same defense.
Speaker 2: That was a Leavonte, David, Devin White, Viata Veil JPP. They had outstanding Yeah, but as you get older, it gets harder and harder for you to summons it up game in and game out, throw in and throw out. I'm not telling you something. You're talking about a guy that got old in the league. I mean, I thought you want to hear from a guy. I thought, y'all said, y'all lack guys that played the game, played the game at a high level. One thing, I'm telling you what it's like to get old. I couldn't summon it up game in and game out, just like you if you're in a relationship, as you starting to get older, you can't put them rounds together round Hey, oh Joe, Hey when they be talking about eight inches, I give your phoe to day in photo ball. That's all I got for your shoe. That's all I got out, Like, Hey, that's it, that's it.
Speaker 3: So leave me alone. I metched the cove in Gordon Set.
Speaker 1: Hey, no, hey, listen, no more comments about relationships. Yeah not right now, you know, but you do so you're right. You're right, you're right. My bad, my bad, bad, and nothing that's about no sex and none that. I'm in the doghouse right now. So yeah, I can't. I can't hold you in the dog house.
Speaker 2: I had to no house I've been in.
Speaker 3: My house is big.
Speaker 2: You don't be talking about nothing any way.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 2: That's why I had to get the road sparks, Roark, have big help me, summons it up. I can get a couple.
Speaker 3: Of rounds in.
Speaker 2: It's too soon, It's too soon. Okay, my bad. You're right, oh Joe, I'm sorry soon. You're right, you're right, but you need to fix But you need to fix that now. That's all I'm gonna say about that.
Speaker 1: Listen, listen, Hey, it's gonna it's gonna take the hand of God. Better come down here and fix that. Let me give you tem the glasses on you see the faith. It's gonna take the hand of God.
Speaker 2: Well, you better get on your need. Hey, hold on, I'm gonna read you something my sister. My sister sent me today. O Joe, I'm gonna share a story which I might not share it today. I might have to share it with you later day and time. Yes, but uh, this is what she sent me this morning before I even woke up. I mean, so she's up. It's three hours difference in the time, so she probably said that's about probably about four thirty five o'clock because she gets up every morning she reads about.
Speaker 1: Take time said.
Speaker 2: She said, we don't pray to inform God. We pray to involve God. He already knows what's going on in our life. He's just waiting for you to ask him to help. I'm gonna read that again to you. We don't pray to inform God. We pray to involve God. He already knows what's going on in your life. He's just waiting for you to ask him for help.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 1: And that's right on time too. That's right on time. But back to football. I like that, okay, all right.
Speaker 2: The Browns upset the Ravens twenty nine, twenty four. With Jameis Winston starting his first game filling in for an injury Deshaun Watson, the Browns offense looked completely different. The Browns scored twenty nine points, It's the first time they've reached twenty points this season, and the offense had a rhythm. It had a flow to it that hasn't been present. He led a game winning drive in its first start since twenty twenty two and the Browns toughest matchup to date. They delivered, limiting Lamar Jackson to twenty three or thirty eight passing and repeatedly slamming the door on third down. O Jo, I have at some point in time, Yeah, we gotta stop. We saw Joe Flacco in the same office. We see James Winston in the same office at some point in time, O Joe. They don't blame the fans kitsch on he calling this. This is what we know. This is for facts. This offense looks better with Joe Flacco and Jameis Winston that it ever has with de Shaun Watson Carriod point play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. Now I would get ready to ask you listen. I'm I'm watching the game myself, and for the life of me, I can't figure out. These are the same plays, same receivers, same running back, same defense. When Joe Flecco came in, obviously some of the players might yes, but today the office looked completely different. James had a three hundred yard game three in his first game, three thirty four in the first game.
Speaker 2: How to hit it?
Speaker 1: So I'm trying to think it's the fancy called in different places because there's a different quarterback. Did the playbook change?
Speaker 2: I'm confused at some point in time, Oh Joe, we got the call of it is what it is? Yes, sir, we've seen the common denominator. The office doesn't look good with one. The office looked exponentially better with two. Dud the what is the common denominator? They're three quarterbacks that play in this offense. One two of them. The offense has a rhythm, it flows, They throw for three hundred yards. The other it doesn't look good and he doesn't throw for three hundred yards.
Speaker 1: That ain't that ain't where do you no?
Speaker 2: Because I see what it is, you'll see it too, And it's okay. That doesn't mean I don't listen. I like you the Sean as a football player, I really don't know the man off the field. And so I know everybody talking about the allegations and all this and all that, I'm talking about the football player. But just that's what I want to focus on. I'm not here, first of all, I'm not here to re talk about his case, and you're not qualified either. I want to talk about football player. DeShawn hasn't looked good since he's been in Cleveland. And all I know is when two guys come in that offense, that same offense, that offense looks exponentially better, completely different.
Speaker 1: Now you know it's gonna fun. Now the Brown's gonna mess around and going to god damn run. The Brown's gonna mess around and going to goddamn run. You come out and play like that. You know what that does for the team. You know what that does for the players in that locker room?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Man, did you hear Jameis Winston quote after the we quote the eminem?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Man, dog, he is the most He's the most, the most.
Speaker 2: About He played for the play for the name on the helmet. They ain't got no deca on the helmet.
Speaker 1: Hey, he's unintentionally funny. I don't know he'd be dead serious though.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh to the Ravens, I didn't like the way that I didn't like this hold on. You only had twenty one rush of TIMPs. You only gave the ball to day Henry eleven times. Yeah, you gave the ball there Henry eleven So they had twenty one Russia till and you let Lamar Jackson throw the ball thirty eight times. Oh so you don't think that's upside down? Think about what you just said.
Speaker 3: They gave it.
Speaker 1: They gave Derrick Herry to bime eleven twelve times. How many yards did he.
Speaker 2: Have seventy three? He's averaging six point six yards of carriage? Could I interest you in that? Remember the game against Cincinnati when he had level, when he had when he had level carries, and then they gave him the ball and twice in over time and he took him to performance where.
Speaker 1: He got it, got it out of there. Yeah, they went, they went away from it. They went, they went away from the game plan. They went away from what has been working. Why they did that? I have no idea. I have no idea.
Speaker 2: That's what I don't get you. You have the recipe. If you notice, KFC don't change their recipe. Popey's don't change their recipe. Why because it works?
Speaker 1: Wirks. Yeah, you know you should. You should have said Church of Chicken. But I'm with you.
Speaker 2: Well I had I hadn't had either a long time, so I can just because when you think about it, KFC, the original recipe, it's under lock and key. Okay, Popeye's the Cajun whatever, whatever they use it. But I'm saying they've maintained that the Ravens. You have the recipe on that five game winning streak that you went on. What did you do? You ran the ball? I said, I have to see, Oh Jo, It's sometimes it gets really hard for you to have an honest conversation about the Ravens because people think you're trying to Like I said, Look, I think the Ravens are playing phenomenal, but I have concerned about their defense because I don't think the back end is very good.
Speaker 3: Oh he just.
Speaker 2: Trying to sneak this Lamar. That's just another way to go around about saying Lamar can't get it done.
Speaker 1: You like you do like Humphrey and Wiggins And did I say it right?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Wiggins?
Speaker 2: Go back and look at it. Past the ash the Ravens, past defense rank he said, KFC was good. I'm saying they haven't changed the recipe. See y'all lose, See y'all get so crapped, and y'all missed the message. I can tell. I can tell y'all didn't do well in school. Y'all was in the same class. K through twelve and did never change her home room. I can tell, I can tell the Ravens are dead last in past defense. The Ravens are dead last in past defense. But when I said it, oh, that's just the way of you trying to sneak this, Lamar said he can't get it done.
Speaker 3: No. Oh, I just want to know one thing.
Speaker 2: When I said they weren't very good in the back end, and now they're dead lasting past defense, y'all think I'll watch the Ravens game.
Speaker 3: It is not a trick question. It's a yes. No. It's not rhetorical either.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 2: I get it, oh, Joe, I get it. A lot of times, if you don't like the message, you won't receive the message.
Speaker 1: You like the messager, the messenger, the messenger, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Bro, I just go give it to you straight. I don't got no bum, I don't have any if anything. You would think like, man, just when I told the truth, the one thing I honest to say about the Broncos. When I told the truth about the Broncos and what was going on, that was it.
Speaker 3: But I get it. I get it.
Speaker 2: I get it, bro. My job is to like watch the games and give you an honest assessment from a guy that played the game, that studied the game.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: I'm not yes, yes, the touchdowns, Hey, I like touchdowns. We're gonna talk about the Commanders that last play and the guy bull drive it. You see, Ojo, you see where they got it. Now he gotta apologize. There ain't enough apologies. But back to the Ravens, o Jo. Dereck Henry is averaging one hundred and twenty nine yards a game. Go back and look at the last three too game. He probably amateur one seventy five and you give him eleven Carris.
Speaker 1: But you know that's that's that's on that's on Todd Munkin. That's that's on him. That's that's that's on the play calling. Something made them divert away from the wrong game. I don't know what that is. I don't know what that is, but I know one thing that god damn Brown look good. Goddamn Jameis Winston and the senator today. I know that.
Speaker 2: Yet, O Joe, we had this conversation Joe Flacco look good under center.
Speaker 1: They went on the run that.
Speaker 3: You asked me the question, oh man, what's going on? Why?
Speaker 2: Why DeShawn can't do what Joe Flacco doing. Now you asking me, why can't DeShawn do what Jameis Winston do with.
Speaker 1: When I a't envisioned DeShawn, I'm thinking that Deshaun Watson that was in Houston, DeShawn Watson that didn't have any of the weapons that he has now at his disposal. But still it was a topic.
Speaker 2: He had a year. I think he had two years. He had a one year or two years with with Hop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hop was going already. He had a hell of a season with Hop. Wasn't even there.
Speaker 3: Go ahead.
Speaker 2: I think I think Hop. He played a year with Hop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm saying he even had a better season once Hop left.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Because even that, I'm like, for damn. So I'm thinking that's the Deshaun we're gonna get, and it just it just hasn't been that since he got since you got to Cleveland. I think it's and I think it's up here. You heard me, Uh huh's up here? Well who sean, Yeah, yeah, it's up here. It's gone. It's shot shot that that confidence is shot.
Speaker 3: Well, how you play quarterback position?
Speaker 1: Listen? So many things, so many things going on off the field, so many things going on the field, or.
Speaker 2: It can wear you, it can it can weigh you down. I'm not gonna, I'm not gonna. I'm not gonna say that he doesn't have a every burden. Yeah, of ish that's on his mind and a lot of times. But here's the thing, oh Joe, is that what really great athletes can do is compartmentalized.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I'm on the field. The most important thing is this game.
Speaker 2: I'll deal with wife, girlfriend, significant other, I'll deal with crisis, family, whatever the case may be. I'll deal with that at the appropriate time. But what I must do right now it's focused.
Speaker 3: Lock it in.
Speaker 2: Yah. Yeah, that's what you have to do all the great, all the really great, and compartmentalize.
Speaker 1: It's hard to do as easy as you as you sit there and saying everybody can't do that. Sometimes going on off the field, it creeps into your work. Sometimes you bring it to work, and I think that's that's that's been the issue.
Speaker 3: I just I just.
Speaker 2: I just wish it's gonna be studied, because it's gonna be a thirty for thirty. Somebody's gonna do a documentary on this one. Okay, because we've never We've never. We've never seen We've never seen an athlete so high and have some precipitous drop. We've never, right, we've never especially that. Look he's had the okay, he towards the AI. I think he towards a kilee. But this drop started before injury, so we can't contribute it to an injury.
Speaker 3: It's I just hate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, they look good now.
Speaker 2: Gonna be very interesting to see if they can keep it going. But oh Joe, the formula is the run. More than you pass, you've got hit, you've got king Henry. Look at the games. How they've been winning. They've been blowing teams out. Yeah, the man who's been running, Wow, and you give him eleven carries? Eleven?
Speaker 1: I don't know what, oh.
Speaker 2: Joe, they had twenty one carries as a team when normally the Ravens are thirty thirty five forty carry teams.
Speaker 3: What did they have? Go back and look at the Ravens. What did they have against Tampa?
Speaker 2: What they have? Many carries they have against Dallas? I get it if you when you fall behind. I think they fell behind two scores Cincinnati. But they fell behind because you know they throwing the ball daily down in a round. Who the Ravens got naxted? They have thirty carries against Tampa, how many have against Dallas? They had had to have thirty five forty against Dallas because they random off for Damnar two and seventy five yards. But that recipe. Look, I understand. Look, Lamar is an MVP. Yeah, we know he could throw the ball. But I think, if what are you trying to do. You're trying to prove a point in Lamar can throw the ball, or you're trying to win a championship because they are not mutually exclusive out Joe, Yeah, they're not. Against Dallas. They had forty five carries against the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Well you know why. You know why it was forty five carries because they can't they can't stop the goddamn run. Helly couldn't stop a goddamn noseble.
Speaker 3: O, Joe.
Speaker 2: You're averaging six yards of carry on twenty one carries. What the run game also does if you know you have a weak defense, running the football helps you keep their ass up the field. The weakest part of the Ravens is what ohoe their defense? What keeps them off the field. Ochoe running the football. It's not Look, I'm not protagonist, I'm not Einstein, but I know if I got a weak area, I'm gonna stay away from back. I'm gonna play till my strong super because if I throw the ball, if I get off the field too many times, I'm gonna put the defense back on the field.
Speaker 3: They're tired.
Speaker 2: First of all, they're not the greatest defense even when they're fresh. What happens when a defense that's not very good gets fatigued.
Speaker 1: Ochoe make mistakes, baby, you get beaten.
Speaker 2: No way should Cleveland run the ball more than the Ravens.
Speaker 1: If anything, should should be about the same.
Speaker 2: Well, if Nick Chubb coming off that serious injury, had five more careious than Derrick Henry.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you a lot the volume
Speaker 2: M hm