Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Hecma Harrison and New.
Speaker 2: He scrugs.
Speaker 4: Players Lounge coming at you on a Tuesday, off day for the Cowboys, but not an off day for us. We do it all the time, five days a week right here on the Players Lounge. You brought to you by rus Crack Game. We got Heck Maharson here, former Cowboys at to Barry Church.
Speaker 2: I am New. He scrugs.
Speaker 4: Lots of topics to get to today, but one topic we didn't touch on yesterday.
Speaker 2: Let's get into one. Cooper Rush. No, no, you know what Cooper trying to make a sny remark to.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 2: Uh BC is the quarterback guru.
Speaker 6: Yeah, let BC tell us about what he thinks about what we should do in the quarterback man.
Speaker 4: He wants cut for be cut for Garrett Gilbert, but he did him dirty back then.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, so what you got man? You can see I'm torn. I'm torn right now because Cooper Rush, He's the definition of what a backup should be able to do if you need him for one or two games, maybe even three, he can get He could rally off a two on one record, maybe a three and oh record, And that's exactly what the backup quarterback position is supposed to do. Coming there, your play is not that far off from the starter. You know, you can keep the same playbook and you can go out there and be productive. So I'm torn between that and do we want to see something else? Can we upgrade that position at the quarterback backup position?
Speaker 2: And it's just took because I'm like, who else you gonna go.
Speaker 7: Out there and grab that has the same capabilities of a Cooper Rush to go out there?
Speaker 2: His record is what eight and something through seven and three eight three, I'm crazy when he's in there. So it's like, man, I'm torn between it.
Speaker 7: But then I also see games where he threw for forty five yards where the offense looked, you know, a knee nick out there, just didn't know what they were doing. So I'm torn between it because I don't think you can upgrade that significantly from a Cooper Rush.
Speaker 2: But if he's going out there asking for.
Speaker 7: You know, eight million, nine million to be a backup, then I think.
Speaker 2: You gotta you gotta go ahead and move along.
Speaker 7: But if he's asking for that same five, you know, then I don't have a problem bringing him back.
Speaker 6: Look, my thing is is that Barry, I can't I can't name three five backup quarterbacks right now in the NFL.
Speaker 2: And that's for a reason.
Speaker 6: It's the reason is is that you pay your number one guy the most of your cap, and you expect for him to be able to lead you.
Speaker 2: The backup guy is after.
Speaker 6: Thet until you get till your number one gets hurt at Boom you walked in there for the Seahawks. But no, the what I'm what I'm trying to break down is the fact that when you go to your second, your second guy, it's only for just a little amount. Give me five games, brother, while God gets healthy. In the Dallas situation, man, where guy's having to carry you for the rest of the season, it can't be good. But he's fourteen hundred yards, ten touches, ten touchdowns and three interceptions.
Speaker 2: And so I listen, and so I was listening to the interview.
Speaker 6: I was listening to the interview this morning one on five three the Fan okay, and Jerry, And Jerry comes on and he's talking about he's given trying to give praise to Rico Dawdle about the job that Rico is doing, but he even gave credit to Cooper Rush for the job that he did at the line of scrimmage. And I was like, I was trying out like, like you know, just trying to correlate how that happens in the football censor. He's recognizing something that the line of scrimmag she's making calls whatever. So Cooper Rush is good for the running game, Okay, all right, But needless to say, in those close games when we needed, like to pull the Cincinnati game in the red zone, There's so many different things that I can point to when I'm looking at him, and I'm going to do it. Just seems like like Jameis Winston is prone to giving you the ball, Cooper Rush is prone to making mistakes in the red zone. And that's the thing that I think has me looking around saying, Okay, now we might need to find somebody else in this situation, because if we have to have him come in for five games, Let's say, if those five games are games that you need back when Jag was playing those games you had to win, you need him just to step in for a little while. Do we trust him still in that capacity even with the good record that you're talking about, right, I'm just look, there's just been some question marks to his game that I still say, like, come on, man, you late throwing behind like you're just throwing into traffic.
Speaker 2: Now at this point, at this point, you got it.
Speaker 6: He has three interceptions, He's probably to have about seven, you know, but it hadn't been perfect. It hadn't been perfect science with Cooper Rush. So yeah, I don't know. I'm really on the fence. But if I have to decide, I say no, I go, I go to the I started looking. I started looking for a backup.
Speaker 4: Red zone turnovers are too much for me, just too much. Saw it in Cincinnati, saw it in Carolina. You've been in the league too long for too many years to have this keep happening. And the first question we really have to ask ourselves who's coaching this team next year, Because depending on who you have as a coach, they're going to determine whether or not they see this guy working for them. So that's really the biggest thing right now, what offense are you running? Who comes in here? Look, he's not a magician. I've always said that it's quarterback, not a magician. And the more positive pieces you have around it, clearly it's been better for him his career. It's Carolina Panthers. Guys, okay, three touchdown, It's the Panthers. It's pac Man Jones famously want to say, it's the Rams.
Speaker 2: Dude, don't get carried away. It's the Panthers.
Speaker 4: The week before that, you got close, you couldn't get it done. It was a bad Cincinnati defense. Guess what happens the next three game? I turn up, not to turn up. So he may answer the questions for you either way in the next three football games. Because all three teams, two teams are in first place and the other one is right here chasing the wild card. So these are three teams that most likely will be in the playoffs, with Philadelphia arguably being the top team in the NFC right now.
Speaker 2: So what do.
Speaker 4: You if, and it's an if, if Mike McCarthy comes back, would you trust Mike McCarthy and Scott Tolz in the backup quarterback and say, hey, man, go make another Cooper Rush.
Speaker 2: Because Cooper Rush is a guy.
Speaker 4: You let go, went to the Giants, came back here, you had him cut and they ended up making something out of Cooper Rush.
Speaker 2: They really did.
Speaker 4: I give them as a coaching staff a lot of credit.
Speaker 2: Could do it again.
Speaker 4: I don't know if Trey Lance is going to be the answer.
Speaker 2: I don't see that. I don't know. You once upon a time they see Cooper Rush either. That's true.
Speaker 4: So so so let's see what happens and who else knows? Who else is out there? If Cooper Rush plays good these last three games, well guess what somebody's gonna knocking on his door. And to hear Stevid Jones talk about the titans of the persons around here, you may not be able to afford him. He could price himself out of a job. Ricco'donald could price himself out of a job. And then you want to know, let's use that forefront. Oh no, and look what I what have we seen in the NFL? You can go find some guys out here, you can. And this is this is where your coaching staff comes into play. That's why I really believe the whole thing starts to stem with two things. One who's your coaching staff? And two what's the market for Cooper Rush?
Speaker 7: Yeah, because he's got to be one of the highest paid backups, right, you gotta be.
Speaker 4: I don't know if he's making that Chase stand anymorey, I don't know. I don't know if he's finessing.
Speaker 2: Yes, I can't. I can't chase. He might be right up there. He might be right up there. It might be a little bit.
Speaker 4: I mean, dude, you got you got, you got your third string quarterback in five million.
Speaker 6: When you say pricing himself out, do you say pricing itself out as a backup somewhere else?
Speaker 4: I mean, as as pricing himself out to the Cowboys say we don't want to pay that number for our backup. Okay, yeah, it's not like Tyler Bias. Hey, we like you, but not at ten million dollars. So these next three games, if he plays well these next three games, and somebody else says, hey, look, we'll pay that number for that guy, and the Cowboys deemon, that's too much. I mean, this is what they do. You know very well.
Speaker 2: You sat there myself, right, this this is our right. So they would they would hey, hey, young.
Speaker 6: Fellow and you like, brother, what is it?
Speaker 4: I mean, that's that's that's the truth. You look at Armstrong last year. I mean the bunch of the guys that left here last year. I think they wanted but they had a number on. Look they what if they told you the last couple of years of free agency, they don't go out here to north Strom rack. They are five and below. They are they are five and below.
Speaker 7: Man, if you ain't one of them top like you said, weapons offensive weapon or a guy.
Speaker 2: Like Parsons man.
Speaker 4: Jerry out there shining with a five dollar bill.
Speaker 6: Five and below? Got this for you?
Speaker 2: Got this little puzzle? Bet I need one, You bet I need back up?
Speaker 4: You know, you go for your child whose birthday is it? You know, because he got fifteen million birthday. But we're going to five below.
Speaker 2: Go dollarcept right, he get.
Speaker 4: Go get him, go get him something for five things?
Speaker 2: Yes, put him the bag. That's wow. So heck you ain't bringing him back.
Speaker 6: Look, and I told you I was on the fence on it. And the reason why is a little bit of what you were saying about the coaching moves. If you if you bring in another coaching staff is going to be a whole nother operation anyway offensively, and he's going to be looking for Cooper Rush to be making different reads and learning entirely new playbook altogether. If it's still Mike, Mike is going to be comfortable with Cooper Rush and who he is as a player and maybe bring in some other guys to compete with him. But at the same time, he has it, he has all the jargon, he has all the all the plays at his disposal. To me, I think when I look at Dak and Dak's injury, and we've been here before where Cooper Rush was Andy Dalton then. But you know, we've been in situations where Cooper Rush has come in and we han't had any we haven't had any plaints about him because the simple size we had was a lot smaller. Now you're like the red zone in the red zone stuff is what's troubling me. You can't you can't. You can't have those kinds of problems now. And that's a blaring deficiency when you continue to do that over and over again. But look, you look around the NFL. I think it was two years ago when Cincinnati had a quarterback go down, have their quarterback go down, a guy comes in, he wins, you know, he comes in and wins. And so it's not an exact science when it comes down to who you're gonna have as the backup quarterback.
Speaker 2: But I damn suould rather be.
Speaker 6: Paying a guy that I know than a commodity that I have no proof on what this guy can do. And if they're gonna go to the draft and maybe get that and you know, six seventh round and bring a guy in, I'm alright with that.
Speaker 2: That's the guy that's gonna compete with Cooper Rush.
Speaker 4: Then look at this year's playoff backup quarterback who just signed and everybody like, okay, fine, he's he signed there, Sam Donald, and so he's got Minnesota. Now they're in the playoff, made the playoffs. But then look at the year before, you know, when he was out there San Francisco and beat out Trey Lance for the you know, four jobs.
Speaker 6: So you watched the game last night, right, I didn't. Okay, yep, But Sam Donald, to you, what, how do you feel about Sam Donald as a quarterback?
Speaker 7: Just a he's a flash player to me, Like, I feel like the consistency is just.
Speaker 2: Not damn something's missing something.
Speaker 7: But he's also had terrible coaching. I mean he was terrible coaching with the Jets. He was down there, was he down there in Carolina for a little bit with the San Francisco under Shanahan, got a little bit better.
Speaker 2: Than now he's with O'Connell.
Speaker 7: And I mean he is balling this season twenty eight, ten or thirty twos, whatever the case may be. He got him eleven and two, twelve and two now, so he is balling. So maybe it was a little bit on that coaching staff for those those first two spots, but I just need a little bit more in order to be like yo, Sam Donald Man, Sam Donald's garbage.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're trying to be politically correct.
Speaker 8: But.
Speaker 4: Who's look good with the Jets. I mean, Carolina had Sam Donald and Baker Mayfield. Both these dudes go make the playoffs this year and they still spind it around. I mean, Carolina, you you spend all that money on Brince youwn they benched him this year. I mean going through coaches, that's right. So I mean between Carolina and Yes, this is not exactly two great ownership groups going on right there.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: My thing with Sam is he an elite guy. Are you ready to sit up here and pay usdue a whole bunch of money. No, But the coach just goes back to the coach. The coach I can win with this guy. He can run my program, he can get what I need done. Jacoby Brissett has made a great living.
Speaker 2: Out of being in.
Speaker 5: This.
Speaker 4: Okay, I know what you want to do. We now go go mess it up and and do that. I mean, but what's the cost? And that's that's the thing about this with Cooper Rush says, hey, if this guy plays well for three games, maybe somebody says, hey, man, I'll be all right. Andy Reeves got Carson Wentz he could potentially play, and a guy i'd want.
Speaker 5: But but if it's.
Speaker 4: One dude who says, I'll plug this guy in here, see what he can do two games and see who have some success? Andy we I mean, dude, he spun Jay Fidler and Jay Fiddler into a second round pick. So you know that's why I say, who's your coaching sab What is it this guy wants from the quarterback? And what is the cost? Because the Cowboys now are telling you we're looking at cost when it comes to players because they are going to pay Michael Parsons.
Speaker 6: I just when we're talking about him, I was watching him last night and I'm like, man, dude's missing on throws out here.
Speaker 2: You know, he's missing on throws.
Speaker 6: And whatever he did is Sam Donald, whatever he did in San Francisco, whatever Shanahan did to him, plugged him, reset his control, whatever he did to him, he's a different guy than when he was when he was with the Jets. So when he was with Carolina, all right, But in the same breath, there are parts of his game that you could still see.
Speaker 4: Ah, he's not elite, So so you're gonna have that because he's not elite.
Speaker 2: But then I come back into this.
Speaker 4: You're Minnesota. You said, no more, Kirk, We're not paying that anymore. We're not gonna pay you all this cash. Just sit around here and just get us to the same old places. And Kirk Cousins was brought in because remember they had case Keenan. They went to the NFC Championship game and they ended up getting beat and so all right, we need to upgrade, they said, brought Kirk in. They never they never went anywhere. So you got Sam. They used the first round pick on J. J.
Speaker 2: McCarthy.
Speaker 4: We forget about that Kendon one National Championship mission got hurt. So Sam Donald's in here now. I look at the cost that Atlanta paid fifty million for Kirk Cousins, what they're paying Sam Donald.
Speaker 2: Take that. I mean that's a drop off.
Speaker 4: I mean the return on investment for for Minnesota is outstanding right now with what they're getting out of this.
Speaker 6: So but how do they feel a team like that, even with the record that they have going into the playoffs with their quarterback.
Speaker 4: You didn't expect them to make the playoffs.
Speaker 2: This year my opinion. No.
Speaker 4: I mean, okay, if I look at that division, because you're usually at most you're usually thinking two teams will come out of a division Detroit, that's what I I didn't think Minnesota was going there. And then when they took a rookie quarterback, ain't gonna do nothing. Kevin O'Connell by secretly, Kevin O'Connell I here coach balling as ahead coach balling. So to me, I look at what they've done, I say, man, this is good. This is good coaching. It's also good management. GM up there, I'll not say his name, brother man, doing a good job, doing a real good job. They didn't have to spend a lot of money getting a whole lot of the quarterback. After the year, they get to decide what they wanted today. Man, we're gonna throw you a little scratch here, or we're gonna go with because I like what they're doing. But ultimately we spring it back here to Cooper Rush. Can you make another Cooper Rush?
Speaker 7: I don't know, because he was his play when he had his full arsenal those ones at two years ago when Dak went down for those five games and he had CD was a gallop on the outside.
Speaker 2: I believe was Coops the time. He was doing his thing like there was no.
Speaker 4: But that ain't coming around here, ain't. They're about to have no time soon. You think next year's roster are gonna look anything like that? Not they They took my prices to drop and they got that Walmart.
Speaker 7: Rollbacked a force multiplier.
Speaker 2: I'm looking for that back roll back son, Hey, just saying, just saying, just say it.
Speaker 4: Jerry Jones with some interesting comments on Michael Parsons and animals that he eats.
Speaker 2: It's out of that.
Speaker 4: Next with Bury Church heck, mayors Ie, this is playing I brought to you by Aristocrat game and he doubts no way.
Speaker 9: He said, Hey, there, Cowboys Nation, Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels.
Speaker 10: Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience. Football fans.
Speaker 9: This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 11: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 2: Prescott keeps it slides with a first.
Speaker 11: Down invest like your icons, where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot com.
Speaker 6: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 11: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 9: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now. Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 10: The Jack Black Playmaker is four of.
Speaker 9: Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at get Jack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 10: Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 1: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year go Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Back to the Players Lounge.
Speaker 6: Tis the season for youth football and dance camps presented by invisil Line. Don't miss your chance to learn from the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders at dance camp on December twenty six seventh and former NFL players at football camps owned December twenty third and twenty seven. Celebrate the holidays with the with the Dallas Cowboys, registered today at Dallas Cowboys dot com slash Camps.
Speaker 2: Alrighty Het Maharris, appreciate you there.
Speaker 4: You're the plays Longe brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming Berry Churches player safety. I am newly scruggs the Tampa Bay Buccaneers come to Jerry World. That game will be on Sunday Night Football on NBC. Cowboys with their final and because you only get three, you're only scheduled for three. That's the most illegal to let you have on Sunday Night Football. If you are good. In the past, they flexed you Church. You played on some of those year in flexes. At the end, Yeah, man messed up many a vacation mine, many many a vacation man. Get that flex going down by that regular season flex game when there's a division game, you know, division.
Speaker 2: Title on the line. Three straight?
Speaker 7: Yeah, we had at the month, say we had a three straight a phillyon in Washington and the Giants.
Speaker 2: How'd you do?
Speaker 7: Yeah, we didn't win those games, eight and seven ended up eighty to eighty.
Speaker 4: One time I was on my anniversary and other time was on my birthday, like giving up these days to watching watch you guys get out.
Speaker 2: Here to say we had Kyle Lrton one time. Remember the backup Kyle Arrton was Wow, he was bad. Who was party like? That was his? Yeah, yo, he was bad.
Speaker 6: Matt Castle, but those were some years bro we Oh god, Kate Moore.
Speaker 12: Was in there.
Speaker 2: No disrespect, but no he didn't lie about it.
Speaker 4: So Tampa Bay comes in here, Baker Mayfield was playing good football. They lost, Chris got with it, keep on going. We talk about coaching jobs. Todd Bowles has done it. Darn good coaching jobs. About a guy that kept they kept trying to fire even after the first year he got there when he replaced Bruce Arians. Todd is a dang good coach.
Speaker 2: Was a head.
Speaker 4: I mean he was an assistant coach here with Bill Parcells coached the Jets lost his job there. That's another one. And talk about bad organizations there. We see it was it was him and uh there was an old podcast called Hustle and Hustle and Flow with Jim Trotter and Steve Weisch and they had bowls on their bulls. Talked about the time he coached black college football and he just said it was just so much he had to learn and then just things they had to do. He said he had to, uh had to be a security guard one time on campus for juvenile concert.
Speaker 2: Wait he was the head coach. No, he was a coach black college football.
Speaker 4: He was breaking into coaching that man had He's talking about hanging out with the Deltas and different things you had, you know, supervised part just just a part of working there at the university.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 4: It is fantastic of him just telling the stories of just you know, breaking into coaching and what you have to do as a coach. Manoth Bose Bose both are real woman. But he's coming in with a good team and a good offensive line. Skip Pete is the running back coach for Tampa Bay. Skip Pete got let go here, Skip Peek, Well they got three good backs back there and what he so Bucky Irving while he's playing well, Skip does not Skip believes in the same thing with Tony Pollack. Do not over use the guy Bucky Irving as well when you put them apart of the rotation. So they're gonna try and come in here, run the football a lot, Baker Mayfield to play action pass and get to get the ball out there to Mike Evans. So Tampa Bay full point favorite.
Speaker 7: By the way, which is rightfully so, I mean, we've seen this team defensively when they go against and I'm not saying Baker's elite, but he's a good quarterback when they go against Yeah, he's a good quarter He's a damn good quarterback. When they go against those type of guys, they got struggle. I mean, you look at what you know Burrow, and Burrow's excellent what he was able to do in here, and you knew the one guy he was going to throw to it and they still couldn't stop still couldn't stop it. So you're coming in here. They're not quite Burrow in Chase. But when you look at Baker and Evans on the outside, they present some problems, you know, So especially with that run game as well. You know, Burrow really didn't have much of a run game, he was still able to do what he did to this Dallas Cowboys defense.
Speaker 2: So to me, I mean, this is this is It's gonna be a tough matchup. You know how I feel.
Speaker 7: It's all about matchups, and when you look at the Dallas Cowboys defense, I just don't see.
Speaker 2: The matching up well against what Tampa Bay does best. It's a good team.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a problem's and I said yesterday, man, they not a Cowboy. I don't have no other boys, but I admire other teams. Tampa Bay is one of those teams. Tod bows is one of those coaches that really like, always have like Todd Bowles, and I think what he does defensively, he works everything from from front end to back end right. He always has a defensive line. He has a scheme that works, and it seems like it's easy enough for guys to understand it, and they play it fast and they play downhill and I just love that style of defense, physical downhill. We're gonna we do it. We do it together, right. But they got a guy in the middle in Vida Bay. That to me when you turn the tape on and you watch this guy, it's like, why can't you why can't you block fifty? And guys like Devonte David that you thought they were going to be out of the NFL still.
Speaker 2: At a high level, playing getting at a high level. And look I was.
Speaker 6: I've got into so many arguments about make Baker Mayfield over the years, and guys comparing dak in the Baker. I'm like, man, it's not even the same stratosphere when we talk about quarterbacks. But I will say this, Baker Mayfield has transitioned his career and has turned it around in a way and down in Tampa where you say, man, this is this is how you meet adversity head on and come out on the other end.
Speaker 2: Because people wrote him off. They wrote him off.
Speaker 6: But the way that he's playing with Mike Evans, and don't don't get me wrong, he walked into a situation where there was already a team there, so it wasn't like there was it was bare bones dry. But the way that these guys are playing together, the way Sterling Shepherd is Sterling Shepherd used to play for the New York Giants, is having a resurgence of his career also in Tampa. So look, they do a lot of the things that the Dallas Cowboys have been hard pressed to try and beat on game days, and that's stopping the run. They are gonna give them a full taste of their running game. And that's what we're gonna see if these guys have learned anything. Masi over the last couple of weeks has not been talked about in the same breath.
Speaker 2: People.
Speaker 6: You're not You don't have the videotape of him getting you know, the club, no white kids, thank you. You don't have that tape out there. And people are starting to say.
Speaker 2: Ah, height what mos on turned around a little bit.
Speaker 6: Guys like like DC is starting to say, oh so is pricing himself out. Let's see then here we go, then we go see the realness.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Todd Bowles is on the NFL radio yesterday and on Moving the Chains, and he spoke about Baker Mayvery and say, hey, guys, remember he was the number one pick in the draft, Like, this is a guy who can't throw the football, he can't spin it. I go back to what you were talking about, and let's let's look at who he played for he started off with Cleveland, breath get that organization. Still can't still still can't get the quarterback right. Then he went to Carolina, still trying to figure out the quarterback situation. Spend a minute out there with the Rams. But you know that was because Stafford got hurt. And so then he moved over here to Tampa Bay. And you're in a good atmosphere. You know, got weapons right he's he seemed to thrive. So organizations do matter. By the way, when I looked at the sheet of integrity, you had Tampa Bay winning the division.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, you had Atlanta. They still got a chance. They don't.
Speaker 12: Like that dog thread that has ad. You got a real friend.
Speaker 4: Church did the Cowboys, So up.
Speaker 2: Tampa. They're right back in it. And they already beat Tampa. So you know what I mean. I remember the game Pampa Gate out of the way by the way, up they did.
Speaker 4: I was with you, hada ba Yeah, got a three days left. Michael Parsons Jerry Jones spoke about him on his radio show, UH The NFL Network Report earlier on Sunday, speaking about U a possibility trading like a Parsons. Let's recap what Jerry had to say about that, and uh, some delicious meals that Jerry likes to eat.
Speaker 2: Delicous game.
Speaker 4: Let's do that next with Harrison very Church payslas about on Dallas Coboys Dot com.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 13: Look, hey, Danny mccraige, here for Smoothie King. You know every great workout deserves a great reward, so treat yourself right with new coconut smoothie bowls made with real fruit, crunchy purely Elizabeth Granola, creamy coconut, and top with the chocolate, hazel nut or honey drizzle with two new flavors. It's perfect for you and the workout buddy, so you both can stay on track even after you leave the track. Scoop up new coconuts only a Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 14: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch. This year, you can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions, and on yetti dot Com. Check it out today Yeti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: To kick off the twenty twenty four NFL season, Boss teamed up with the Cowboys and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection. The Boss Cowboys Collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a Boss. Arriving just in time for the start of the season, the distinctive attire from the latest Boss Cowboys expansion offers sports officionados and true bosses the chance to show their team spirit and style. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash u go, Boss, Quego, Boss dot Com and Boss retail stores hashtag beer on Boss.
Speaker 15: Raising Caines presents the other Rules of Football.
Speaker 2: Rule one.
Speaker 10: Any broadcast without.
Speaker 15: The express edition of Cook to Order Caine's Chicken Fingers is prohibited.
Speaker 10: Rule twelve.
Speaker 15: No crinkle cutfries, texas toast, or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation and rule thirty one, anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of Caines when it comes to winning game day Caines rules raising Caines chicken fingers one love Go Cowboys.
Speaker 2: To the players Loud Cowboy Nation.
Speaker 6: Amanda Foster has been named Your twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboy Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan for her dedication to the team and spicing up the game. For Amanda to be named the Ultimate Nflfan of the Year at NFL dot com slash Fan of the US.
Speaker 4: Heck Maharrison, appreciate you all right, Barry Church, our former player right here on the players Lounge on New he scrugs. Jerry Jones does his radio show eight thirty every morning on one O five three The Fan with Sean and Bobby's who he talked to this morning, and he was asked about Michael Parsons.
Speaker 2: Well, it was asked about.
Speaker 4: Stephen Jones talking about you know, the money, and then went into Michael Parsons and Jerry's like, hey, look, nobody in this organization ever spoken about moving on from Michael Parsons. NFL Network had to report there, and so I just.
Speaker 2: Wanted to go around the table.
Speaker 4: Thought about that from Jerry had to say about Michaeh.
Speaker 6: Man, I wish, I wish Jerry say, y'all want to be starting something. I want to be starting something so bad. But his words were basically, Man, nobody in the organization is said that. I mean, it's it's wherever it's coming from, whatever it's talking aver, whatever the rumors are coming from, whatever people talking about. I said yesterday is dumb sports talk. He asked me, you have a player with the numbers that Michael has had, and this is why you draft the guy and see him turn into a potential future Hall of Famer. Look, we're gonna we're gonna have these conversations all off season about the cap. I don't know how you make it up. I don't know who has to take a haircut in order to get it done, but somebody is. Because you gotta sign Michaeh. That's period doctor in. You gotta sign Micah. And it's all about who's gonna play with Michael. But I mean it's the Cowboys. Even when things are down, you're still having rumors circulating about whether you resign Micah or not or trade rumors.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's nuts to me.
Speaker 7: Yeah, play Devil's Advocate a little but I'm with you one hundred percent with both of y'all.
Speaker 2: Nobody's trading.
Speaker 7: I went personally, I think he's a cornerstone piece that's got to stay here. But is there a number or something that you guys would be like, all right, man, like I gotta let him slide, like like a herschel Walker type deal from back in the day where you can get a boat hole or boatload of these picks and turn into what the Dallas Cowboys were able to turn that herschel Walker thing into. Would that even spike any interest? Or is it just like my great Like I said before, I'm with y'all on this. I'm just playing double the advocate a little bit, Okay.
Speaker 4: Herschel Walker trade was.
Speaker 2: Nineteen ninety eight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you hadn't seen another one of those since.
Speaker 2: No, you have not a reason? Why ain't nobody go sit your dynasty?
Speaker 12: Yup?
Speaker 3: No more?
Speaker 4: Understand it was herschel and then it was like Isaac Holt couple another linebacker Isael Re. I mean, so it was like a three man trade so it was like, yes, it was like like you got back like three dudes, and it was a whole bunch of picks. And if the Cowboys cut these certain players, well this four turned into a two.
Speaker 2: I mean, nobody is signing up for that again.
Speaker 4: Okay, like they didn't realize, oh, We're about to give up a whole lot of picks. And these players we got Jimmy by the trash Man, he roasted them. Okay, ain't nobody sign up for nothing like that again? That's true, I mean, that's that's I mean, it's true. It's truly one of the great heights of the hey man, don't do that again. And the Minnesota was in this realm of we are one player away, so we'll give.
Speaker 2: It all up.
Speaker 4: I don't think anybody's gonna do that again. And let's go back to something I kind of spoke about before. When's the last time you saw Jerry Jones get rid of an impact player that.
Speaker 2: I'm rich on that I've never seen it, never seen it.
Speaker 4: Michael Parson is a blue ship player. When you step into the draft, okay, everybody says, well, first you need a franchise quarterback, right, So if you try to build a team, your franchise quarterback, he left tackle, a pass rush, these these are these are the three items that you look for. Right there, you you have and Jerry's mind. He has the quarterback, he has a pass rusher. Why is he gonna let the quarterback go? Hein't not about to let the pass rusher go. When Jerry won his first Super Bowl, was the last piece that he acquired, Charles Haley, the past rusher. He had, the quarterback, had left tackle, when I got the pass rusher. Yeah, many times I think fans want to get into what they want.
Speaker 2: What I've learned through the years is.
Speaker 4: And it's not always good, but get into the mind of what the owner wants and kind of what he does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have a problem.
Speaker 6: I have a I guess my biggest problem is even as as a fan, why would you why would that even be a conversation?
Speaker 13: What?
Speaker 2: What? What about him? And what has he done? Like I don't know?
Speaker 6: And for me, I think what you're talking about is, you know the picks that could come with it, And that's like a big question mark, like what's behind that door? I have no idea what's behind it? But behind this door I know exactly what I'm getting with the missile. I come on out.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know. We've turned.
Speaker 6: We went into the draft, got some ones that I don't think we've been impressed with, and I don't want to name no names, but you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: But that's always He's always going to be there, dude. I remember when there were people who wanted you trade Troyan and want to keep Steve Walks.
Speaker 2: Remember it? Remember it? That's weird, that's weird to me.
Speaker 4: This this this is football. You know, this is football. So yeah, man, there were people I remember boarding not man, we get rid of Joe, We.
Speaker 2: Got Steve, Yeah, get rid of Joe. He can't win.
Speaker 4: So I mean this, this, this is this is all the time.
Speaker 2: You got to get the money off of my back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I really, I said, you people are on you want to get rid of Joe Montana, Joe Montan so so so heckma, yes, still be fans like that all the time. We can get rid of I had somebody on my solf we just picked.
Speaker 2: Yeah that makes sense.
Speaker 4: What picture you getting? I mean that are the picture going to be to go? I mean, just is is there a right now? I have looked at the draft. Is there another Michael Parsons in this draft?
Speaker 2: I haven't. Yeah, I couldn't answer that one. I haven't seen him.
Speaker 4: I mean, so that's their thing. So if you wanted to trade Michael, what are you doing? It's not like anybody's Cleveland's not going to give you Myles Garrett back Pittsburgh. Where is my equivalent out here somebody who's playing at this level? No, okay, that that's thing, you know, all right? So nick Bosa, they're not giving you nick Bosa. Plus he's got injuries, So what what deal are you making out here? Is telling me, yeah, we got better? Nobody's doing that, that's true.
Speaker 6: I don't know. It's a weird perception change with with Michael. And it's crazy because of the podcast that I think some of his perception has changed. As a playoff've always said he's the one player that you don't see getting into things off the field, that people view what he does from a media standpoint as a deterrent to the team. Like you being a guy that's played you voice your question, had questions about what it's like being in the locker room with a guy that can give the inside the locker room secrets on his podcast when he goes on. But I'm sorry that's fashionable on a podcasts right now, there ain't no secrets in the locker room no more.
Speaker 2: They tell it all the locker room secrets.
Speaker 6: But I can look at this guy and even guys like Travis Hunter, he was in college right now. All dude does is play video games and he's on his podcast, you know, most of the time.
Speaker 2: But people have a problem with that.
Speaker 6: I'd rather have a player of his caliber that that's his fix that some of the other three hundred thousand things that we've seen cowboy players do around here.
Speaker 4: So it's some internal things that people talk about. That absolutely, that's when you talk about what has led the speculation.
Speaker 2: It's some internal thing. Do you think he can mature through whatever those speculations are? Sure? Yeah? And have you seen players mature through those things? Yes.
Speaker 4: I will give you an example of a guy that you know very well, Des Bryant, and the relationship he had with Ray Sherman, the receivers, and then when they rang when Garrett range ray Sherman off the mother dude who came in there. By the end, it was your boy.
Speaker 2: Derrick DOOLEYO Young Dooley, not the Dooley truck.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you need an assistant coach who can talk to the player. George Entwards had a good relationship with Michael Parsons. George Edwards is gone, so I do believe along the way, you know, a good assistant coach can really make a big Troy Aickman had North Turner be its presenter. David Schuley was the original offensive coordinator for me. It was north Turner who came in here towards turned my career around. So you know, a good assistant coach who can really relate with players and get them on there.
Speaker 2: It helps.
Speaker 4: So to answer your questionnaire. That sometimes becomes a thing of who can relate to the player or do they hire someone who is a part of the organization that can really like, hey, hey, let me talk to you.
Speaker 2: I think that matters when I look at the Mavericks.
Speaker 4: Hiring Jason Kidd over Rick Carlisle was a different dynamic for Luka Dancic because Jason consider up here.
Speaker 2: Even though Rick played in the league and a.
Speaker 4: Championship kid, Jason, I know what you're going through, and that mattered to because Luke at him like like, there's a lot of people don't like Rick, but Rick can coach. Yes, I'm saying so for real thing. I mean what he's doing Indiana, I mean, Rick can coach is real. But Luca didn't like him, and it was to the point where Rick was smarter than that. I'm gona go ahead and hit this exit before before this young fella gets me going. But Kid, come in. He made a big what's happened with Kyrie Irving? Nobody gets Jason Kid enough credit for because that's the one dude that Kyrie Kyrie treat him like he treats We don't need a coach, right, never talk about like like so it matters. So that's kind of my point there. All right, we got to get out of here. But Jerry Jones on one O five three of the Fan was asked about eating raccoon and he said, oh yeah, no way, it's a delicacy and then talked about his real real and talking about his mom had made it made squirrel and he had a real affinity for eating squirrel and that you know, eating the squirrel brain was uh, it was delicious and it was a fight for it at his table and he didn't fight for his sister and his mom. They enjoyed that. So he's from Arkansas.
Speaker 2: My folks are.
Speaker 4: From Birmingham, Alabama, and my dad talks to me about many of the times of what they ate, Like they were poor.
Speaker 2: When you poor, that's what you squirrel.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean when I was a kid and they would throw out the pig ears and pig field. I look at it like no, but over there they grew up eating that. So when you were poor, Jerry grew up. Jerry grew up poor. You know they, or I should say, he didn't grow up rich. He didn't grow up like you didn't know you.
Speaker 2: Ate stuff like that.
Speaker 4: You went out there, you stuff like that that today I'm good.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 4: You go down to New Orleans. You got a new one man. You go to New one Man, they serving some stuff. I remember the time man had we ate some frog legs out there one Super Bowl and then I was at this place, uh called Butcher, and we ended up seeing Scott Shanley over there. No Scott, but anyway, they're like, we have some jaw, yeah, jall.
Speaker 2: Like what's that?
Speaker 4: It's like the jaw, the jaw of the pig like, yeah, we're gonna eat.
Speaker 2: Some of that pigs right now. It was like bacon, like bacon. It was like I was eating baking right. We're good. I'm gonna tell you man.
Speaker 4: The guy's like, no, he's eat if you don't like it, he said, if you don't like you like bacon, yeay.
Speaker 2: If you don't like this, I'll get you something all right. You know it was so good. I got one to go.
Speaker 4: I got one to go, put in the fridge and had later on.
Speaker 2: That night with some cool Now you're good with Carmelone.
Speaker 4: Carl Malone loves squirrel He'll talk about he said, man, squirrel stew, squirrels. He was like the forest gun do you started name and all the things you.
Speaker 2: Eat with squirrel?
Speaker 4: Squirrel stew uh squirrel du It was hilarious, man, Carl. When when I worked in l A, Carmelon had a show, he talked about how much he enjoyed eating squirrels. So Jerry talking about et scrowges reminded me of Carmelone. What is carmelo with Jerry? Carl from Louisiana, Jerry for Arkansas, Dude, when you don't grow up with a whole lot of money.
Speaker 2: Many that's anxiety today right out back. And guy I grew up, poor no Cliff with the Williams Chicken. I don't know if was near. I don't know either.
Speaker 5: Some chicken is out. It was somewhere to go. Boys, What you're talking about? Squirrels? The hamburger Man something like they want survivors. That is going on, squirrel brain, Yo, season it with some lowries.
Speaker 2: Ya crazy? Is that? No way? City? Boys? Down one meat church on Holy Bod Halloween. That tastes good. Some eggs with your squirrel brains. Mix it up, Holy Boodle season. It tastes good. Man Church. We scrugged roud.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.