Speaker 1: My little brother. He was mini sticking around. I came full speed and checked him, and he went flying backwards. And he had to go to the hospital on Christmas Day because I love him so bad. He had to get stitches across his chin. So Christmas was always a present.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Dudes on Dudes. I'm Julian Edelman.
Speaker 3: I'm Roberto Grenkowski.
Speaker 4: And this is the show where your favorite dudes get to talk about their favorite dudes.
Speaker 3: Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Honika.
Speaker 1: To celebrate the holidays, we're gonna look back on some of our best moments. I'm the mic together, good times in the Nutthouse, the time we got in trouble with Coach.
Speaker 3: Belichick acting like drunk idiots. Of course we are, we're young and dumb.
Speaker 4: Or maybe the time Rob fell asleep in during the Patriots draft meeting.
Speaker 1: You know, juwel so sometimes you just got to take a little nap.
Speaker 3: Oh what about when I bought a hot tub in college?
Speaker 4: How many times you clean that bad boy? You didn't clean that thing once? No, and there's a whole lot more. So let's get into it. Let's go double in sync.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 3: Dudes on Dudes. Is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: As a kid, I always wanted a mini bike, and my dad surprised me with a mini bike.
Speaker 3: You want to know how he did it good? I knew you wanted to know how.
Speaker 1: That's that's why I love you, buddy, because you want to know all about my stories. But so I go downstairs, you know, I sneak peek. I get up early five five am. I go down there and I'm looking all over, feeling the presence lifting up, like, you know, the big presence as well, like there's usually a blanket over the big presence.
Speaker 3: Seeing what I got.
Speaker 1: I wanted a mini bike, you know, mini bikes with the engines, and there was no mini bike, you know. So I went back to bed. I was like, oh whatever. I was a little disappointed.
Speaker 3: So I wake up at eight am, then go down.
Speaker 1: Open up all the presents, and then my dad was like, yo, yo, ro go, grab me a snapple in the garage. I was like, oh, okay, no problem, dad. I go in and I open up the garage door. I walk down the stairs and boom there's a mini bike right, Oh my gosh fridge. And I was like, oh, best man, Best Christmas ever. I loved it so much. My brothers loved the mini bike as well. Oh it was called the Little Brute. We still have it. It was your favorite Hanakah memory.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I love the new I'm creating new Hanukka traditions with my daughter. That's been very fun because she's dua does both. I did both as a kid, but I.
Speaker 2: Had I don't.
Speaker 4: I was just hearing your story and my dad did the same fucking thing like he. We were ropeing all our presents and at the end, I wanted some three piece cranks for my bike. It was like, I don't know why. It was some bike thing, and UH didn't have them. And my dad said, go go get your laundry out of the.
Speaker 2: Dryer.
Speaker 4: And I go out there and the cranks are in the dryer and the same soppy story, what's up with Dad's doing that? Because I started, I did that. Have my daughter with a puppy. You'll probably end up doing that to your kid. It's so fun to get to see your kids like.
Speaker 1: Surprise and then and then how happy they are. I guess that makes you happy as a parent. I mean, I just have a doggie, and it makes me happy when my dog gets surprised with just a toy that I bought him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, same thing with the kid, but the kid.
Speaker 1: And then also was really cool about Christmas was like as a kid, we would play mini sticks in the basement the whole entire day after we opened up presents. And one time, it's actually on film, I think it's on the internet. Is that my little brother he was mini sticking around. I came full speed and checked him and he went flying backwards and he actually like the stick came up and hit him across the chin or he went like to the side and his chin hit the ground. I fully can't remember it, but it is on film. And he had to go to the hospital on Christmas Day because I leveled him so bad he had to get stitches across his chin.
Speaker 3: So that's why I am WHI.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why I'm a tough sob because I was getting beat up on it, and then I was beating up on my little brother. So I always took the hits and I knew how to give the hits because of my brothers. Christmas was always a present. So it was Glenn who got the Super Bowl ring with us.
Speaker 2: When the one younger one. Yeah, the only younger grunk.
Speaker 4: He was getting beat up by two brothers and so he would beat up on little Glenn exactly.
Speaker 2: Man Hanukkah.
Speaker 4: Christmas, that time of the year when you're an athlete for like the last fifteen years of our career or whatever, you didn't really it was never it was always like postponed or you know, it was one a different day because you'd have work on practice. But I tell you some of those holiday practices, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Honago, whatever it is, like, those were some of the funnest practices because you knew you just had practice and then after that you had the rest of the day.
Speaker 2: Do you remember those?
Speaker 1: I do, Man, I mean it kind of sucked when you were playing a sport because like you really couldn't see your family, your friends, all that good stuff. You had a sacrifice, you know, either with practice or actually playing on the road for a game, which was always fun, but having that practice that day was always the most. Oh his practice, like you said, there was no meetings, there's no lift after the practice.
Speaker 2: Everyone was in a good mood.
Speaker 3: Everyone was even the coaches.
Speaker 4: Were coaches had a little jingle in their Steph Man, are you ready to get back into some of our other best moments?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's just do it. Oh for golly, Oh what a memory from what I remember?
Speaker 2: What a memory from all we remember?
Speaker 3: But who could forget the time we had a little bit too much fun after Gowe we were coach ballcheck found out about it? Oopsiees scroll it out, roll the tape.
Speaker 4: People always think that, like you still just go out and party.
Speaker 1: No, I mean I love to have a great time, no doubt about it. I mean, dude, we partied so hard back in the day though too. Like remember us on that golf cart and where and nan Tucket forwe weekend.
Speaker 4: We got so much trouble though for that because what you had a surgery? I think it was my forum and no was it? And then I had a foot. We were both getting pulled. We were in the back of.
Speaker 1: It was we were in the back of a golf cart and people were filming us. And then we waited so much, and I think the people in the front got off the golf cart. And when they got off the golf cart, the front two wheels went up in the air and we fell right onto the ground and like face Planeted. And the crazy thing about it is we had no clue that we even did that until we saw the video on Barstool four days later, and the caption of Barstool was not really sure. We want our star wide receiver and tight end acting like this and for Goali, but we love them for it. Yeah, And I was like, that's why I love Barstool.
Speaker 5: They're sticking up for us. Bro.
Speaker 4: You remember how mad Bill was, Oh man, you fucking assholes kid Like Jesus Christ, do you guys just stay out of them the headlines hurt?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys aren't even in practicing right now.
Speaker 5: You can't even go on the field and you're.
Speaker 1: Acting like drunk idiots a GOLLI of course we are.
Speaker 2: We're young and dumb.
Speaker 5: I would not change a thing. Bro.
Speaker 1: Imagine if we didn't do that now and we try to do it, and we try to do it now, it would be hard to do it now. We did it when we could. That's the best part about it. We did it when we could.
Speaker 2: That was such a fun trip on trip.
Speaker 5: Did you pull it up?
Speaker 2: Do you have that?
Speaker 5: It's online somewhere?
Speaker 1: Dude, Let's look at it.
Speaker 5: Look how young we look in all the video.
Speaker 2: Thanks for watching the fumble.
Speaker 6: You know your Memorial Day weekend would lit when Justin timber Like tweets you to compliment on your dance moves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm talking about Gronk.
Speaker 7: He spent the weekend with.
Speaker 6: Julian Edelman partying in Nantucket. Here's a glimpse into their weekend. Edelman let us know exactly.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's Tom's part.
Speaker 7: I thought it was mine.
Speaker 5: Jealous of Tom.
Speaker 7: Right later, we'll get us, dude, we were main yet you're pouring a beer on my head on front row of the concert.
Speaker 6: Patriots fans a little nervous when he attempted to do the splits and crawl on the floor at the same time.
Speaker 7: This was two months before training camp Bell were training.
Speaker 5: We're stretching Their.
Speaker 6: Entire pat season flashed before their eyes.
Speaker 5: Here we go, is a that's what happened.
Speaker 7: Oh, that's what happened.
Speaker 6: But no worries. They were okay enough to dance to Justin Timberlake on stage later that.
Speaker 2: Night, which is what I don't remember him being there. That's in Gronk move right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we used to dance our face off.
Speaker 5: I swear that made us better.
Speaker 1: Players though, because we were doing so many different type of.
Speaker 4: Tal Yes, Kalistenics, it was our cardio.
Speaker 1: We were dancing for four hours straight and we burned off all the alcohol while we were dancing too.
Speaker 5: That's why we're always ready to go.
Speaker 3: When we showed up, good Times, Jules, good Times, it was totally well worth it. And uh, we got to get back there next year, and this time we should actually take Coach with us and show him how it's done and show him why it's such a great time doing those silly things that we were doing.
Speaker 4: Oh, I bet your coach is gonna be a fake, doesn't He has an Intucket spot.
Speaker 2: He'll probably be out there.
Speaker 3: I think that video, he'll be out.
Speaker 4: You know, he's gonna be there this year. Maybe we go check him out at Fagali this year.
Speaker 2: Rob.
Speaker 4: That was so much fun and we got yelled at so much because of the fun we had. Maybe we'll bump into mister Fun himself at Fai mister Fun himself.
Speaker 1: Oh wait a second, Oh, I bet you deep down mister Fun was probably inspired by us with that video that he went out and bought that house in Kentucket.
Speaker 3: He probably bought that house because of us, because of that video.
Speaker 2: He's been there for years. I don't care. Inspired jokers there a lot longer before. I don't care.
Speaker 3: We're just going to pretend he was inspired by us.
Speaker 4: We'll be right back after this quick break. Every legend has a legendary story origin. An old Robbie boy took us through the pre draft visit. That was the funniest, craziest, most memorable visit of all time, rob Were you sleeping or not sleeping?
Speaker 1: I was sleeping. I was one hundred percent sleeping. Kach Balchuk actually talked about it on air.
Speaker 2: I think he talked about it on air. Let's take a look at it.
Speaker 1: I was so sick of that visit, dude. It wasn't just a visit. Were just wasn't the visit to the Patriots. So what I went on like a little tour like you go in. I visited twelve different teams. It's kind of like you're going on these recruiting visits to each team because they want to get to know you. Yeah, the New England Patriots were the last ones on the list, and bro I was sick.
Speaker 5: I was flying from Denver to Jacksonville.
Speaker 1: To freaking Baltimore meeting with every team, and I was so sick of it, and you know, putting like kind of a front on it as well, and I was literally so sick of I go, I want to be outrageous here.
Speaker 5: I need to have some fun with it. I remember I was kind of hung over to.
Speaker 1: Feeling like crap all these flights. I went out and partied a couple of the Knights too, so I wasn't even feeling like myself. So I was like, how do you get back to normal? You just you just become outrageous and I show up ro I was so tired. First thing I do is fall asleep in Nancy's office. Yeah, Bill Belichick heard all about it.
Speaker 5: He coln't believe it.
Speaker 1: And then I go into the interview session and Billy O'Brien draws a play up and then he races on the board. He's like, all right, can you name what the wide receivers did, like rename their route and what the responsibility was. I was like, bro, I have no clue. I couldn't even think. And then he's like he's like, what do you do? I was like, you're just throwing me the fucking ball. Billy oh, I'll make some guys, miss, I'll run over some people. He's like, he's like, but you don't know the playoffs. Like I don't need to know the play you throw me the ball. Like That's basically how our interview went. And then I literally out of there called Drew Rosenhouse. I said, this team is either gonna take me or they're fucking laughing at me. And I give no fucks because I'm over this whole process. So what happens. Patriots trade up for me for the forty second pick in the NFL Draft in twenty ten and select me.
Speaker 5: And I looked around the table.
Speaker 3: I said, I told you they were gonna take me.
Speaker 4: But Billy, Oh, So going back to where we started, that is Gronk right there, that whole thing, and they built up like I remember them talking about you, the coaches saying like, yeah, man, you're gonna love this kid.
Speaker 2: He's fucking just awesome.
Speaker 4: He had like you explained the whole thing that you just explained and like that was like, oh my god, what like that doesn't happen in New England, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: And Gronk kinda.
Speaker 4: From your little story right there, you can kind of portray that you're not a smart football player, like, but you were like brilliant. Like they would explain that, like, don't think that Gronk didn't know his fucking plays. This guy you coached him once on one thing. He never had to say it again. Like he was like one of the most football intelligent guys.
Speaker 2: I knew.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean at that time when I was doing the interview, I was beat down. I was sick of it, so I couldn't really recall, you know, the play after he showed it to me. And then also I did struggle a little bit though my rookie year with the playbook, I actually would have probably started every single game from the beginning my first eight games. I only was playing about fifteen to twenty plays a game, if you can recall that. And then finally boom, the playbook hit. I mean it was a tough playbook. I mean in college, I literally think I had like fifteen plays and I lined up in the same spot every single play. And I get to New England and man, let me tell you, that playbook was outrageous.
Speaker 4: And it's not just the playbook, it's the personnel groups you're playing. Why you're playing f exactly.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. It's wheels.
Speaker 4: You guys gotta flop like it was. It was definitely tough. It was definitely a change the fucking formations. There's so many goddamn formations.
Speaker 1: Drove me crazy. Like I said, in college, I had one formation. I lined up in the same spot every single play. I'm not lying every single play. I get to New England, what sixty five different formations? Yeah, actually probably one hundred and fifty different formations, but then we narrowed it down to about sixty five.
Speaker 5: My head was spinning all over.
Speaker 1: The place, and finally it just clicked, you know, once I got it under control. About week ten, to remember, I scored that touchdown versus Chicago Bears versus Brian Urlacker. Oh yeah, what was that panther route where I had to just get big right at the goal line and then Tom was gonna throw it low. And then we hit it in practice at Friday. Then we hit it in the game that Sunday, and since then I was starting every single play. You know, Jewels, sometimes you just got to take a little nap. I was just resting my eyes, making sure that my brain was firing on all cylinders. So then when I went and got tested on the playbook that I was firing and I could remember everything that was going on because they, like they said, a power nap, a twenty minute power napp can get you to where you need to be.
Speaker 3: But let me tell you that was also my seventeenth visit.
Speaker 1: In like four days, I was all over the United States doing pre job interviews for all these teams, and let me tell you, I was sick of it.
Speaker 2: I was over.
Speaker 1: I was like, I don't even want to get dropped anymore. If I got a go through all these draft processes, just watch my film. So I was like, I'm gonna go be as crazy as I possibly can be because it's my last visit.
Speaker 5: To New England Patriots.
Speaker 1: And I left that Bill and I said, they either love me or they just crossed me off their lists.
Speaker 3: But they love me, baby, they loved you. They love me, And now New England loves me, and Bill still loves me. He sends me love notes.
Speaker 4: A good old story from Nuthouse East episode Oh.
Speaker 3: I think here's the story of the first time I met Tom Brady.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, here it is. What's your favorite Tom memory.
Speaker 3: My favorite Tom memory.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: I'll always remember the time when I first met him in the locker room.
Speaker 5: You brought it up during your speech. He just came up to me.
Speaker 3: I was getting my ankle tape by Jimbo, the Great Jim Wallen, Great Jim Wallen, Whalen Wallen. It's been a while, Jim Man. I just called you Jimbo for so long. I'm forgetting your last name.
Speaker 5: A little bit.
Speaker 3: You got it, all right, I got I got it though. He was taping my ankles and Tom just came cruising by. You know, I was just some good old.
Speaker 1: Rookie and he just walked up to me and he goes, hey, I'm Tom Brady, and I go very nice to meet to Tom Brady. I'm Rob Gronkowski. And then he's like, let's get after it this year. And then he walked away, and I just was like shook. I was like, man, Tom Brady just came up to me and introduced himself as Tom Brady, Like, of course I know who you are Tom Brady's But that was just one of the coolest moments I would remember, you know, for rest of my life. And uh we just you know, got to work from there on out, and he was all business right from the beginning. He really was, like we said, what he puts on his persona, what he shows, what he believes, and he was all business twenty four to seven when he was in that building.
Speaker 5: What was your favorite moment.
Speaker 3: Too over at it?
Speaker 4: My favorite moments were the ones who were like we'd be throwing routes or something.
Speaker 2: And like he would let me or something like.
Speaker 4: I remember my rookie year, we put in a four white personnel group the first the first day of rookie or the first day of veteran camp, and so it was me, Wes, Joey, Joey Galloway, and Randy and we put it in there and I was the why and I did the right thing and ended up dropping the ball and he.
Speaker 2: Starts just yelling at me, and I like, oh snap.
Speaker 4: And then as soon as we got in the locker room, he you know, he he came up to me, he goes, hey, you know, if I yell at you, that means I like you. And I was like, you know, you must really love me, then, bro. You know, that was kind of like those those moments where you know he was getting on you that's the stuff you remember, you like, or you know, the stuff when we'd be training out and throwing on a field or something. Those are always the memories that you'll remember. Yeah, it's the the big plays of that and the other, but I think it's the behind the scenes stuff is that was my favorite.
Speaker 1: I would have to agree with you, man, if he gets on you, he sees potential in you. And that's why he got on your your ass all the time. He got on my Robbie my rookie year. I didn't really like him my rookie year. I mean he was just getting on my case just NonStop, and it was kind of kind of mind fucking me so much, and I couldn't be myself out there. Sometimes I couldn't run the right route because I was just thinking so much, because there was just so much on the plate. Aft first I got a coach telling me to do this, I got Tom telling me to do this, and then finally you just figure it out and it all clicks. It took me about halfway through my rookie year, and then obviously going in my second year, it clicked to a whole other level. I mean we went for twenty one touchdowns total incling the playoffs, but just my rookie year, he was on my case. I remember I ran a flag route and I ran inside the guy instead of getting outside of him. And he flipped out on me in the meeting after the practice and told me he's never gonna throw me the ball again, and like I got buyer and Alg Crumpler saw it too, and then he just he just tapped on my dieh and he's like, yop, gronk, don't worry about that.
Speaker 5: He's just Tom's just being Tom man. Just don't worry about keep doing you.
Speaker 1: And then it kind of like, you know, put a fire under your ass though, and that's what Tom was so great at doing it. I didn't really realize that's what he was doing either, Like he was just trying to get the best out of you, and it kind of lit a fire, you know, under my ass. And then I just wanted to prove Tom wrong, like all right, I'm gonna run this flag route every time now and you're never gonna throw me the ball, but I'm gonna be open by five yards and.
Speaker 5: You're gonna look like the idiot now.
Speaker 3: And that happened, and then then he threw me the ball about six hundred more times from there on out.
Speaker 4: So that was also that example is an example of why Tom was Tom because he knew what kind of guy each guy was. Like, he could challenge Rob, he could challenge me because we we to that challenging like in a whole nother like that was the way you got us going. You know, other guys he didn't do that with and he would do it in a different way, you know. Then that's that's the That's the sign of a good leader is when someone knows what to get out of the guys and how to get it out of them.
Speaker 1: And I've seen this before Coach Ballocheck and Tom challenging wide receivers and they don't and they don't step up to the play after the challenge. And let me tell you, those wide receivers or tight ends were gone the next week. So hey, if you don't step up to the challenge, you know you're gone. That's why I love football, That's why I love sports because there ain't no politics here, buddy.
Speaker 5: It's either you got it or you don't.
Speaker 2: Swinker, sim swim.
Speaker 3: Tom is so nice, always so humble.
Speaker 2: Always wanted to make him so proud.
Speaker 1: I know, dude, so proud that like the first time that you catch a football from him, you just want to make sure you.
Speaker 3: Catch that football.
Speaker 2: You just want to make them proud.
Speaker 1: You do, and then from there on out you want to catch that football again, just to make him proud and to just gain that trust in him.
Speaker 2: Without a doubt. And shout out to Jimmy ol' whalen.
Speaker 3: Jim Wallen. Without you running the training room, I would have never met Tom Brady because you tape my ankles and that's when Tom Brady walked by and introduced himself. So thank you, Jim Waller.
Speaker 2: You are a great guy. Oh Jimmy from Somerville.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back after this quick break. Wow, well, Jules, everybody always wants to know what it's like at halftime of an NFL game.
Speaker 2: Well, here you go. Take a look.
Speaker 4: I felt like good coaching, like a real good coach, gives you information that helps you. Okay, you know, we're all professionals in the locker room. We don't need a raw rock guy that should come probably from like a leader, that usually came from like you know, one of the players. But when you you know at least in our locker rooms. Halftimes are always professional, like, this is what we've seen. These are the five plays that we're gonna lean on because we saw we got good tell from it from what we did in the first half. We're getting away from this group of plays because they ain't working, they're not playing the game we thought it was.
Speaker 2: So these plays take it out of your head.
Speaker 4: That's kind of how halftimes were in our locker room. You get four minutes right when you get in just to clear your mind while the coaches they go and have their discussion. So there's a four minute grace prier where guys are just kind of quiet and letting the emotions settle down. You know, you're kind of letting everything that just happened.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like when the players are all together. Then that breaks up where we go into O and d oh on one side of the locker room, d on the other side of the locker room, and you go over those plays that you think you can you know, make better, or you go over certain game plan something keys that we fell we can have going into the second half, and then you come over together as a whole unit where the coach gives you his key ease of what he thinks we need to do as a collective unit to succeed in the second half. That's kind of how it was for us. It wasn't like, you know, this one's for the get bird type shit.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: It was more of, all right, fellas, we ain't doing this, this, this, we need to do this, this, this as a team, this this, this, thirty more minutes, put your best foot forward. We all just need to play our job, do our job well, and let's go. And then that's kind of how it was.
Speaker 3: Set it right on, baby, That's how it was every week.
Speaker 2: That's how it didn't change.
Speaker 3: Did changed regular season, playoffs or super Bowl?
Speaker 5: That's how it was.
Speaker 2: Man, super Bowl is just longer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was longer.
Speaker 1: And he got us prepared because in practice the week before, we would practice for an hour and then he would take us off the field for yeah or twenty minutes, whatever the halftime was, and then we would go back out to the practice field and we were all pissed because practice would be longer than you.
Speaker 3: Know what it's all about.
Speaker 1: You know, if you can't make those in game adjustments, you're never gonna win in the game of football.
Speaker 4: And ain't nobody do it better than coach Belichick himself.
Speaker 3: All right, this one is an absolute classic. You got a throwback to the college days.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and gentlemen, this is the time you spent your whole check, your scholarship check and your brothers to go buy a freaking hot tub in college.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 5: It was worth it?
Speaker 2: Okay, hey was it worth it? It was worth it?
Speaker 1: System already we played Halo twenty four to seven on on Xbox. I was like, I don't need this in a tondo week. He saw it for me on Craigslist for the amount that it goes for in stores. I threw him my fifty bucks and I had like another two hundred dollars to buy people beer.
Speaker 4: You know what, I bet you if the NCAA knew about that, he would have got fucking fined.
Speaker 2: Hell you would have been You would.
Speaker 5: Have a fine gift.
Speaker 3: You're allowed to sell a gift.
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 8: But that sound crazy? I told like two months, here's selling wheeze. And you go to a college player's fucking the players a lot. Now all you see is Lamborghinis, These little fucking college kids.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 4: Rob's over here trying to get fifty dollars from a Craigslist.
Speaker 2: All of his all.
Speaker 1: I knew it was fifteen bucks a week, and I was satisfied.
Speaker 3: It got the job to get you. It got me a thirty pack, and it got me lunch. That's all I needed.
Speaker 1: That's all I needed, folks, protein shake and thirty beteen shakes and beers.
Speaker 4: Now, did you just get the protein shakes back at the facility?
Speaker 1: Well, actually, yeah, yeah, I got the protein shakes at the facility and a dinner which I would bring back as well. We would like like stack up the to go, so then we would have kind of like an actual launch or a dinner that night the next night as well, just in case if we need some backup food beers and and the food.
Speaker 3: But dang, I forgot. Oh oh, I now I know why I had no money.
Speaker 5: That's where I was going.
Speaker 1: I had no money in college because my brother and I we pulled all our money together.
Speaker 3: I was left in our bank account. We bought a hot tub.
Speaker 1: The first three weeks too at the University of Ariicona. Literally we drained our bank accounts. They were at zero dollars. Yep, yeah, that's us. Yeah, the guy, I mean back to Fred Warner, I mean the guy twenty twenty one. He had a record breaking contract, five years, ninety five million dollars. He reset the linebacker market. So are all you other linebackers out there thank Fred Warner. Forty point five million dollars guaranteed. I mean just superstore. What was his first purchase? I'm not sure. I f're like, he's a reserved, you know guy, and people should be looking up to him for sure.
Speaker 5: Off the field and on the field.
Speaker 3: My first purchase, that's a good question.
Speaker 4: First, when you got your first paid or when you got drafted, what was your first.
Speaker 1: My first purchase, I've always wanted an escalate, So I actually bought a used two thousand and eight Escalade and they had thirty thousand miles on it, and it was the red, the red one, and I just thought I was so freaking cool, man.
Speaker 5: I had the rims, I had everything.
Speaker 3: It was the best car of all time I've ever had.
Speaker 1: So I got get an escalator again. Man, it's been a while. That was my only escalade I've ever owned. I had it for about four years and then I gave it to my mom. Because I'm a good guy like that, you know, but great car man. That was my first purchase. How about you, Jewels, what was yours?
Speaker 2: I bought a laptop.
Speaker 4: Laptop that's my Sonny bonus was forty eight five, bro was I didn't think I was gonna make the team.
Speaker 2: I bought a fucking Apple laptop like one of the new Macs. I still have it.
Speaker 1: You were getting ready for your next job. Actually when you bought it, You're like, I'm not gonna make this. No, maybe I'll be an accountant.
Speaker 4: Randy Moss, My Swelker, Joey Galloway trading for Greg Lewis.
Speaker 3: You divide the odds, Jewels, just get a laptop?
Speaker 2: How many? How many times you clean that? Bad boy?
Speaker 3: All right, we can get into that.
Speaker 2: You didn't clean that thing once?
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: Oh, he actually had to drain it a few times because the water got so nasty and dirty. But so we didn't really clean it.
Speaker 1: We just drained it every once in a while after Saturday nights, I mean Saturday Sunday mornings. I mean, but man, it was worth it. It was worth it, all right. We all know one Brady story wasn't enough.
Speaker 4: Well, here's Rob's favorite on field memory with old TB twelve, what's your favorite tone memory?
Speaker 1: My favorite Tom memory is actually, this is one of my favorite memories of all time. You know, when we were playing the Indianapolis Colts and I ran that five yard out route, caught it versus Dee Kwyl Jackson. I did a little spin move, he kind of fell, did a little split.
Speaker 5: It was like, very great route by me. Great after the catch too.
Speaker 1: And then I'm running, you know, going, There's a couple other guys and here comes Julian Adamman kaboom, just absolutely levels Adams the safety, you know, gets them out of my way. I'm like, thanks Jules for the block, you know, and then I'm running into the end zone.
Speaker 3: I jump over Butler. Yeah, dB, yeah, DBI.
Speaker 1: What's his first name again, Yeah, Darius Butler who was previously on the on the Patriots and then he went to the Colts and now he's doing he's doing a great job in the media. Yeah, it was a McAfee show. He's doing a great job. So shout out to Darius Butler. But I jumped over his ass, made me look goods flipped.
Speaker 3: Into the end zone.
Speaker 1: I looked like an athletic one hundred and eighty pound wide receiver. And then this was the moment, one of my favorite moments with him. Tom loved the route, loved the catch, loved your block. He was so pumped up. He ran full speed from the thirty yard line and probably because I got him a touchdown on a play where it never should have been a touchdown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And he came.
Speaker 3: Running full speed and jumped on my back and went for a ride.
Speaker 5: Man. He was. He was like a pony on a horse.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: I brought him for a ride. Man.
Speaker 1: I was carrying Tom Brady around in the freaking end zone.
Speaker 2: He was. He was on my put the pony on the horses.
Speaker 1: I was waiting for him to drop that quarter in so the rock can keep on going. Yes, I don't want him to get off. I was like, Tom Brady's on my back, Like like.
Speaker 5: What else do I need in my life?
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And it's one of my favorite pictures to sign to this day as well. I don't think he ever signed it. It costs like five billion dollars to get him to sign a picture. So like I always signed the picture on my back and like I'm waiting for that picture to be worth a lot more money once he signs it. The couple, you know, but he hasn't signed it yet.
Speaker 2: Man, that was a fucking fun play.
Speaker 5: That was a fun play.
Speaker 2: Thank you for that Black Oh you level Adams.
Speaker 4: Adams he's talking in the safety the battle he was with Denver Battle.
Speaker 2: He battled us a lot. Man.
Speaker 3: He brought it, He brought it to and he wasn't scared. He was good. Yeah, there it is. There's a picture right there. Oh wait, he signed there it is.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: He's going for a ride.
Speaker 3: I'm still waiting for those corners.
Speaker 5: Tom.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: There's Tim right right in the back too. We won the super Bowl this year, didn't we? And we won a super Bowl this year? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it was who Man was was a tight end as well in the two Tim Right and who Man?
Speaker 5: I love who Man?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: What was your favorite memory, Jules?
Speaker 2: My favorite memory was when.
Speaker 4: We it it kind of that fourteen when he, uh, we hit that route. He came up to me afterwards and he and he goes, that was a championship route, man, and like it was nothing crazy, that's special. And he when he you know, he goes that was a championship play, man, And we didn't win the game.
Speaker 1: Make me wanted to right now because him saying that's a championship route, that's a championship play.
Speaker 5: That means a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then afterwards when he we won, you know, like that was his That was when he got four and I just remember, you know, there were so many memories of him, like you said, how he's having the ticker of the Super Bowl location and the whole story where I said, man, I'm gonna help you try to get to Joe, and because we were both Bay Area fans, love Joe Montana, and I told me he was the greatest quarterback of all time.
Speaker 2: And you know that.
Speaker 4: All that was just a fun memory. There's so many it's hard to fucking do one.
Speaker 2: We'll come all right. I mean, I'm gonna start crying.
Speaker 3: I know me too.
Speaker 2: A pony on a horse, Rob.
Speaker 3: Jeels, I think we should trademark that line.
Speaker 2: Let's make a T shirt. Did you ever get that quarter?
Speaker 3: No, Tom's cheap.
Speaker 4: Here's old Rob and I reminiscing about the great fans that we got to play in front of over in New England.
Speaker 3: The best fans in the World Foxboro, Forever.
Speaker 4: That was a great city to play for. That was the best if you got to think about it. Like as far as being a pro sport town like the Red we went to fucking We watched the Red Sox winning World Series. We watched the Bruins win a World Cup or championship. I was there early when the Celtics did it in twenty ten or nine to eight. It was two thousand and eight, right when they got it.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 2: I went to those games.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 1: I would not change a thing, man. It was the best times of our life and the best part about it the whole city of Boston, the whole area of New England, hands down, the bets the best sports town, and I would say the whole world. I played in Tampa, you know, we went on the road to play in other cities. I've been, you know, in Europe, to go to the soccer games and stuff. I'm telling you, hands down, New England is the best area for any pro sports team out there.
Speaker 4: And the cool thing about it is it's not just Boston for us. Our team was New England. So we hit those five states New Hampshire, Vermont, Yes, Rhode Island, six Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine.
Speaker 5: Some New York, you know, some parts.
Speaker 4: I always call Connecticut half New York, half mass I.
Speaker 1: Don't even consider Connecticut as New England. So they say New Connecticut is one of the states that are part of New England, and that just kind of throws me off. I'm like, no, it's not like, that's not New England.
Speaker 4: Like, but you get it's weird. You'll have some it's it's really fucking crazy.
Speaker 2: In Connecticut.
Speaker 4: You get a lot of these people that are like Patriots fans and like Yankee fans, you know, or you get like you'll get like a Jets and a Celtics fan, or you know, it's it's fucking crazy MIxS emotions.
Speaker 1: They're the best fans in the world, best sports fans in the world. Foxborough forever. But Jules, you live in La now, man, I live in Foxboro.
Speaker 3: I'm Foxboro forever.
Speaker 4: It's still have my place in Boston and still go there. That's not Foxborough, hey man, New England. It's New England, New England.
Speaker 1: Well, now you got two t shirts Foxborough Forever, which I'll sell and you can be New England Forever, New England forever.
Speaker 4: Well, folks, that's been another episode of Dudes on Dudes. What can we do better next time? Rob, self scout, Uh.
Speaker 1: We could drink more caffeine next episode. We can talk even faster than we did this time. And if we're talking this fast, we can talk about more objects and more subjects and more activities that we want to talk about, and the fans can enjoy more. I like that, self Scout.
Speaker 4: I like that Alex would get mad at us, though, because if you drink a lot of caffeine, it kills an endorphin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I also dehydrates your muscles.
Speaker 2: The hydrates your muscle. But happy holidays, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Happy Holidays, Mary, Chris Holidays, Happy Honi, Happy Merry Christmas, Happy New Year.
Speaker 2: It's a fun time to be with your family.
Speaker 4: I hope you guys all have a great holiday, have the best holiday ever. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Amazon Music, wherever you listen to podcasts.
Speaker 2: Came in a.
Speaker 4: Dude you want us to do and remember, rate and review, rate and review. Remember to follow Dudes on Dudes on YouTube, Instagram, x TikTok, and snapchat.
Speaker 2: We'll see you guys next week.
Speaker 1: Dudes on Dudes is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: That's the best one.