Speaker 1: I never heard the donkey other day. Say it again, you are true donkey.
Speaker 2: Today from Monday, August fifth goes to an Arizona Police officer named Zachary Hide. Now it's a teachable moment in this story, and the teachable moment is simply about irony. Life is too ironic, Okay. It takes sadness to know what happiness is. Noise to appreciate silence, absence, to value presence Fergie singing the national anthem, to appreciate Whitney Houston singing the national anthem, drive vagina, to appreciate that gush gosh.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to paint a picture for you to let you.
Speaker 2: Know that life is ironic and you will immediately understand the irony in the story when you hear it.
Speaker 1: Let's go to a Z Family three TV for the report. Police Tempee officer honored with the Hero Award at the annual Mothers Against Drunk Driving banquet a month ago. Was just he arrested for Duy. State troopers pulled over Officer Zachary Hyde early Wednesday morning.
Speaker 2: He was off duty.
Speaker 1: He's on admin leave now pending a full internal investigation.
Speaker 2: Hey, officer, Zachary Hide, a police officer honored by MAD, only to get caught driving under the influence after being honored. Y'all know what MAD is right, the mothers against drunks driving. Who fights hire sly to prevent drunk driving and support victims of the reckless behavior we call driving drunk. You, Zachary, were Officer Jeckell when you got honored, but you became Officer Hide when you got that eighty pro potion. And you Okay, Zachary got honored by MAD for keeping our roads safe.
Speaker 1: Only to become part of the problem.
Speaker 2: You would think being honored by MAD would be a badge of honor, Okay, you'd have some pride about that, a reminder to uphold the very values you would recognize for right.
Speaker 1: Nope, Nope, nope, nope.
Speaker 2: Officer High decided to go from hero to hypocrite. And that's why I believe he might have been set up. Now, I don't mean he wasn't drunk. He was drunk, Okay, he was drinking and he was driving. Okay, he chose to get inebriated, he chose to drive.
Speaker 1: But I do believe Zachary was set up.
Speaker 2: Okay, he got this award, and one of the other officers or somebody in his life that knows him was hating.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: They was like, hell, no, Zachary drinks more Makers Mark than me.
Speaker 1: All right, he was just drunk.
Speaker 2: Driving last night and he's getting rewarded by MAD this afternoon.
Speaker 1: Might have to drop a dime on that, Ninja. Okay, that's what I think happened. All right.
Speaker 2: Somebody couldn't stand the hypocrisy, so they lined them up, and rightfully so, because nobody should be drinking and driving.
Speaker 1: All right, Zachary, you are.
Speaker 2: A police officer, the person the public looks to to protect and serve, the person the public looks too for law enforcement and safety.
Speaker 1: You got it recognized by MAD. The mother's against drunk driving. Zachary.
Speaker 2: That should be a moment of reflection for you, all right, a moment to double down on the message.
Speaker 1: You're supposed to stand for.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're supposed to double down on the message that you got honored for, but instead you decided to make the comd of mistake that lands you in the very headlines you're supposed to prevent. Damn, Zachary, you know you had a rough day when you're honored by MAD in the morning and end up needing their services by the evening. Okay, what if he was celebrating being honored by MAD and that's why he got drunk in the first place. What if he thought the award came with a few free drink tickets.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to make sense to something that doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: And the reason that doesn't make sense is because it's just simply the irony of.
Speaker 1: Life, Zachary.
Speaker 2: This is the kind of behavior that not only tarnishes your own reputation, but also discredits the efforts of organizations like MAD. And this is just another reason why we the public don't trust law enforcement. Okay, you had one job, Zachary, actually two, all right. First, uphold the law. That's it, nothing more because you're a police officer. Second, set a positive example, especially after being honored by MAD. The mother's against drunk driving for apparently setting a good example. And guess what you managed to fail at both jobs?
Speaker 1: All right. They say life is all about balance.
Speaker 2: Well, Zachary was trying to balance a MAD award and one hand and a drink and the other all right, imagine being the post a child for MAD. One minute and then turn it right around and be in their next case study. I hope this serves as some type of wake up call, because it's certainly a teachable moment, but not just for you, Officer Hide, but for anyone who thinks they're above the law, are immune to the consequences of their actions, because nobody is above accountability.
Speaker 1: Please give Officer Zachary Hide the biggest sea hull. Tell me about it, Jesus. All right, well, thank you for that. Donkey Today, Sir.
Speaker 2: Donkey Today is sponsored by renowned personal injury attorney Michael to Bull, Lamb and Soft. Don't be a donkey when you need a fighter on your side. If you're ever injured, go to Michael to Bull dot com. That's Michael to Bull dot com. And when you mess with the bull, you get the horns.
Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning Breakfast Club.