Speaker 1: Hey, this is Stephen Ferdick.
Speaker 2: I'm the pastor of Elevation Church and this is our podcast. Be sure to subscribe so we can get you these new sermons every week. I hope you're blessed today.
Speaker 3: I want you to take your hands and just put them like this. Today's going to be a special day. It's going to be a special day. I want to teach you that prayer we were singing. That prayer came out of my personal time with God dealing with my own anxiety and fear and stress and all the things that.
Speaker 1: We deal with.
Speaker 3: And Holly shared it a few weeks ago, and it just gives you an opportunity to reset.
Speaker 1: And I want to give you that opportunity right now. Just take a deep breath.
Speaker 4: And breathe out again, and just repeat after me, say, I breathe you in Holy Spirit, and your strength comes suddenly, and your peace fills me completely.
Speaker 1: Let's pray it again. I breathe you in.
Speaker 3: Holy Spirit, and your strength comes suddenly, and your peace.
Speaker 1: Fills me completely. Come Holy Spirit, with every breath.
Speaker 3: Come, Come have your way, Come show us Jesus, Come teach us your word, Come lead us.
Speaker 1: In your ways.
Speaker 3: Come renew our minds. We're waiting here for you and breathe you in. Thank you today, Lord, for each person that you drew to be a part of this moment. I believe that it was you that made the arrangements for us to be here at this time. And I believe that there's something that you are going to speak today, words of comfort, conviction, healing, and instruction. We want to say to you that unless you come, we're not enough. But if you come, and we believe that you're here right now, we believe that you're filling us right now. We believe that you're doing it right now. If you come, we can do all things through Him who gives us strength. Thank you for your strength, Lord, Thank you for the confidence that only comes from you.
Speaker 1: We receive it now in Jesus' name. Amen. Let's clap our hands and thank God for his presence.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited to share these moments with you today, and I want to share with you right from my personal time with God remains standing for a moment, and I want to just tell you this before.
Speaker 1: I tell you what I'm gonna tell you.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you before I tell you what I'm gonna tell you what I'm gonna tell you. It's been several years since I've preached on this particular weekend. It's a holiday weekend, and normally I take this weekend off. But something God was stirring in me was so strong that I felt that it was meant to be released on this particular day. And I don't say that to get your expectations too high, because you know then there's no possible way that we could live up to it. But there is something that God has been speaking, and this is Pentecost Sunday.
Speaker 1: Now Pentecost Sunday.
Speaker 3: You're like, do they have Episcopalian Sunday, Baptist Sunday? Does every one of these denominations get a Sunday. We're not celebrating a denomination today, but Pentecost is where the Church celebrates the coming of the Holy Spirit.
Speaker 1: And that was not a Pentecostal response to that.
Speaker 3: So this is definitely an interesting situation, like the least Pentecostal response that could possibly be that's how we do it, but it's really beyond any certain tradition. There's there is a stirring in my spirit to give you two scriptures today and kind of come right out of that song where we were singing.
Speaker 1: All of a sudden, I listened to this.
Speaker 3: So I'm going to give you two scriptures, and then I'm going to have you be seated and teach what I believe is one of my life messages. They used to come around all the time when the church was growing, and these consultants would come and they'd say, you need to develop a life message. And I was twenty nine. I'm like, I haven't lived, but at this stage of my life, there are some things that I believe God has called me to impart and I'm learning about that, and I believe.
Speaker 1: This is one of them.
Speaker 3: Now, the first scripture I want to give you is from Second Kings chapter three. You're not going to know what's going on around here, but you will know when you need to. So Second King's Chapter three, just one verse and then I'll tell you the story behind it. Now, it happened in the morning when the grain offering was offered, that suddenly water came by way of Eaedom as the wilderness.
Speaker 1: Now, it happened in.
Speaker 3: The morning when the grain offering was offered, that suddenly water came by way of Eatom and the land was filled with water.
Speaker 1: Somebody shouts, suddenly.
Speaker 3: Now let's go over to Acts chapter two, the original Pentecost Sunday. It's been ten days since Jesus ascended to heaven. It's been fifty days since he rose from the dead. Pentam means five, So it's been It's a celebration that is in progress.
Speaker 1: But the scripture says, and suddenly, Acts Chapter two, verse two.
Speaker 3: And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing, mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting.
Speaker 1: I don't think you heard me.
Speaker 3: It filled the whole house, every single nook, every single cranny. It filled the kitchen, It filled the bathrooms, It filled the living room, It filled the whole house. God told me to preach a message today and release a word to you. This is called a steady hand for a sudden blessing. A steady hand for a sudden blessing. Touch three people and scare them on your way to your seat, Say suddenly it's gonna come suddenly, suddenly, suddenly, suddenly, Wow, thank you Lord. I'm so excited I might sweat. I shouldn't have warned this sweat, or I might sweat. I can't tell what temperature is going to be right here in Charlotte right now, from day to day.
Speaker 1: I'm so confused. It'll change on you like that, feel like summer one day and fall the next. Did it just switch on you suddenly? So so that's all right.
Speaker 3: I was even glad it was raining today because I thought it was a sign that God wanted me to preach when the rain comes suddenly.
Speaker 1: I'm serious. You'll think I'm playing around. That's not a joke, I really do.
Speaker 3: Thank God wanted me to share this steady hand for a sudden blessing. Put that title right in the chat, say a steady hand for a sudden blessing. Now we'll talk about both of those, because both are important. I'll write this down if you'd like to take notes, to give you a good sense of momentum as we begin this sermon. What we experience suddenly was usually engineered steadily. What we experience suddenly was usually not all the time, but usually engineered steadily. And so what I mean by that is behind most things that happened quickly to our eyes, there was consistency that enabled it to happen that we didn't see. So, just for an example of that, one of my friends, who is a professional fighter, knocked out one of his opponents in like thirty seconds. And I had paid sixty dollars to watch the pay per view. And when I called to congratulate him, I said, I'm so glad you won, and congratulations on the victory.
Speaker 1: But did you have to knock him out so quick? It was sixty dollars.
Speaker 3: I was doing the math on the price per second, and of course I was joking, but he got real mad about it, and uh, and he's a professional fighter, and so that was really intimidating. But I never forgot what he said. He said what he said, what you saw me do with one with one blow? I trained six months to be able to do that. And beside the fact that I trained six months, I've been doing this all my life.
Speaker 1: He was trying to get me to.
Speaker 3: See that what looked like luck through the lens of my experience.
Speaker 1: Was anything.
Speaker 3: But what we experienced quickly is over already.
Speaker 1: I was just I was just giving my popcorn.
Speaker 3: What we experienced quickly was engineered through consistency.
Speaker 1: Isn't that true in your life?
Speaker 3: Since our church did grow fast a lot of people called us an overnight success. One thing I love about the reason of life that I'm in is that not only have I been pastoring this church now for over seventeen years, but this Thursday I will celebrate twenty one years of marriage to Holly this Thursday. And yesterday when my barber asked me, what's one nugget of wisdom from twenty one years, I said, easy, Mary, Holly, that's the best thing I ever did. That's my whole marriage book, Mary Her. I really do think the selection process was a blessing. But of course, I mean, we want it in one principle for twenty one years. There's no one principle for twenty one years, there's no one anything for anything.
Speaker 1: And yet I have preached.
Speaker 3: And taught that so much out of a desire to be balanced that sometimes I think I fail to remind you that with our God, it happen suddenly. Now I feel my faith rising up today, so I don't even need yours to say what God gave me to say, it can come suddenly. It can, and it often does come suddenly. So that's why I wrote a prayer for myself that said, I breathe you in Holy Spirit, and your strength comes suddenly, Because there will be moments in my life where I need God to do it right now. Maybe you're in one of those moments today. I want to speak to that moment. If you are in that moment where you need God to give you wisdom and you don't have six years to study the subject to get the wisdom, the wisdom can come suddenly. Say it out loud, let's get this confession turning in our spirits. It can come suddenly. Say it again. It can come suddenly. In the chat, it can come suddenly. No sooner can you start to think it's never gonna happen than it does happen while you were wondering how it was going to happen.
Speaker 1: It can come suddenly.
Speaker 3: And on the day of Pentecost there came a sudden sound, a sudden sound for a people who were sitting in the middle of a very difficult and uncertain season. See, not only has it been ten days since Jesus left the earth, they have no clue how and when He's going to restore the Kingdom of Israel.
Speaker 1: And maybe that's you.
Speaker 3: Maybe you need God to come right now because you have no clue, no clue, just graduated college and you have no clue who's going to hire. You told me to put a little graduation speech energy in this today, So I'm put a little graduation speech energy in this today for everybody who is in high school right now, and they're all asking you where are you going to college? And what are you going to do with your life? And where are you going to retire to? I mean, we start asking everybody everything so soon before I even get a chance to know who I am. I can't even hang my middle school diploma on my wall, my eighth grade graduation participation trophy certificate on my wall before you want to know, well, where are you going to college? And nowadays there is so much pressure. Let me rant, Let me rant, Let me rant. I came in on a holiday weekend, so let me rant. Let me have a little fun, Let me have a little therapy. So is so necessary that our kids have a nine point seven gpa in the third grade, so that in case they want to go to Harvard? What if in case I don't want to pay for Harvard? Stop asking my kids are you going to Harvard? I want them to go to Harvard. I want them to go to online school because it's cheaper. Leave my kids alone, somebody that's had somebody pressuring you to make a decision, just shout, real quick.
Speaker 1: Leave me alone. I don't low when y'all gonna have kids and you gonna give me some grand babies. Leave me alone. I don't know.
Speaker 3: You can't say that to your mom's face, but you could say in church right now. So I'm kind of reminded of what Jesus said when the disciples were like.
Speaker 1: Is it time? Is it time? Is it time?
Speaker 3: This is in Acts chapter one. They're like, is it time? Are you gonna restore the kingdom to Israel? And Jesus is like, this is a great little Bible verse for everything you think you need to know that you don't know right now, and you think you can't go forward to you know everything you think you need to know, and so you are staying frozen in what you don't know. Look at Acts chapter one, verse seven, on this Pentecost Sunday, here you go, and he Jesus capital Ah, that's the big guy, that's the big boss, that's the chef in the back of the kitchen, and the owner all rolled up into one, and he said to them, it is not for you to know the times or seasons which the Father has put in his own authority. This is not permission to be ignorant. It's just an invitation into mystery. Because watch what he says next verse eight. But you shall receive.
Speaker 1: Power. So I like this little thing like.
Speaker 3: I don't know the plan, but that doesn't mean I don't have the power.
Speaker 1: I love that, don't you.
Speaker 3: I don't know the plan and I don't know how this ends, and I don't know when, but I definitely know who.
Speaker 1: See, the Holy Spirit doesn't just give power, he is power.
Speaker 3: So if you believe in Jesus, are there any believers in the house, and if you've called on his name to save you, not only did he save you, but he's stepping through every season with you. And you have power. Somebody shout power. I even need my security to shout power. Power, power, power, power, power. That's what I've got. You got a plan, No I got power, You got it all worked out.
Speaker 1: No I got power.
Speaker 3: You got a seven step strategy. No I got power. Power enough to do what? Power enough to walk it?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I gotta get back to it. I gotta get back to it.
Speaker 3: He said, it is not for you to know the times that the Father has called you to trust him with so a lot of times. It is not about us knowing what time it's going to be when it happens. It's about us trusting God enough that until he does show us what he's doing, we can trust him that his hand is steady, that his hand is active, that his heart is full of love for me. And this enables me to stand in uncertain seasons. I mean, it is an uncertain season when Jesus just vanishes and you don't know when he's coming back. The disciples were like, we need to know. I'm speaking to somebody today who thinks you need to know something that you don't need to know right now.
Speaker 1: And what I want you to begin to.
Speaker 3: Say to yourself over the next seven days, for all of those times that you think you need to know something that God is trusting you to let him control, is just over and over say, I'll know, this is my first point of the sermon. I'm like, I've already made some points, but this is the first one. I told him to put on the screen when I need to.
Speaker 1: I don't know when I need to that thing hit me.
Speaker 3: That thing hit me the other day because I was praying about something. Well, okay, that's very generous to call it prayer. I was worrying about something. I don't know why I wanted to label it prayer in front of you. Y'all make me want to get up here and pretend I'm holier than I am. I was stress eating about something. I really don't want to get any more honest than.
Speaker 1: This about it. That's about as far as I'm.
Speaker 3: Willing to go with you. That's all you need to know. What were you stress eating? Don't worry about it. That's all you need to know. This relationship is on a need to know basis, and so is your relationship with God.
Speaker 1: I'll know when I need to say that. I'll know when I need to.
Speaker 3: I love participation in response because I think when you speak something that God speaks to you, it has a lot more of an opportunity to get in you than just when you listen to me say it.
Speaker 1: I'll know when I need to.
Speaker 3: And this is what Jesus is saying to the disciples right like, there are some things that God can only control, and then there are some things that you are responsible for. So it is not for you to know the times, but it is for you to walk in the power. Now that helps me with this, because if I were teaching this like a seminar and not preaching it like a sermon, I would talk about how desperation drives you to revelation, How desperation drives you to revelation.
Speaker 1: Some things you will never.
Speaker 3: Know in your life until you become convinced that you need to know them.
Speaker 1: And the best.
Speaker 3: Example I can give you is there are books that you bought that you never read, that are sitting on your shelf waiting for you to hit a situation that makes you go pull that book off of your shelf.
Speaker 1: Hello, parents.
Speaker 3: There was a book that I bought because I thought it had a cool title about parenting years ago, but I never read it until my oldest son turned thirteen.
Speaker 1: I went to find that book.
Speaker 3: I grabbed the hardcover paper book off the shelf. I downloaded the digital one so I could have it on my Kindle so I could take it on my phone. I downloaded the audio book so the author could read it to me in their own voice, because they had a British accent and I thought that sounded kind of sophisticated. But I didn't even watch this what I'm trying to say, I didn't dig for it until I got desperate for it. And a lot of things that we say we want to know about God, we don't really want to know them badly enough yet because we don't think we need.
Speaker 1: It badly enough yet. So we approach God.
Speaker 3: Kind of wanting surface levels, superficial knowledge about decisions in our life. But some things are only going to become plain and real to us as we get past the place of thinking that we can control it, and we'll start saying, what was that scripture Pastor Stephen was preaching that Sunday when I went and it was raining and I was kind of sleepy, and I didn't write it down?
Speaker 1: Did you write it down?
Speaker 3: And you'll be going to your neighbor asking did you take notes? Because when you need those notes, I'm saying, when you need those notes, put everything that I say that sounds even like it might be good at some time in the future in your phone, because you don't know how the devil's going to be fighting you this Friday, And what if God has given you the word right now? For the fight you're going to be in Friday. But you don't know about that fight yet, But put it in your phone so when the fight comes, you will know where to go.
Speaker 5: That God gave me this word for this fight before it was.
Speaker 1: Ever even the first round.
Speaker 3: See, I can't hit the gym and start lifting when it's time for a competition. And I'm gonna be in some situations in my life where I need sudden strength. So how do I get sudden strength? This with a steady hand. It's gonna come all of a sudden. And I believe that there are many here today who are standing in front of something that God is calling you to walk into, but you won't go into it because you don't know what's on the other side of it.
Speaker 1: Enter Elisha the Prophet.
Speaker 3: Now this is what I got up to talk to you about on this Pentecost Sunday, little Bible story.
Speaker 1: I really love.
Speaker 3: I hope you love it too by the time that we're done. And I don't need you to know every single detail about the Kingdom of Israel to get this Bible passage.
Speaker 1: Please.
Speaker 3: I know some people when they get into this stuff, they're like, I feel so dumb. Man I don't know any of these Bible stories, and I know I should, but I don't know what.
Speaker 1: You're talking about.
Speaker 3: You don't need to know every bed of the background of this just to get what God has for you from it. So here's what I think you need to know about this passage. The King of Israel, the King of Judah. So there's a northern kingdom of Israel, southern Kingdom of Judah. Jehasha Fat he's a pretty good king in Judah. Jehoram terrible king, but his mom was Jezebel. She was really really bad, and Ahab was bad. So he came by it honest and so he didn't really get a lot of good training in how to do this, but he was terrible. These two kings are with another king from Moab and are from uh, excuse me, I messed that up from Edom. See I get this stuff mixed up too, from Edom, which was the wilderness where they were attacking through. So they pick up this king of Edom and they're going to fight against Moab, and Moab is trying to be But let me explain the situation.
Speaker 1: Let's see if you've ever been there before.
Speaker 3: On their way to go to war, they run out of water in the wilderness. Has that ever happened to anybody in here? That on your way to fight one battle, you encounter something that you didn't plan for that weakens you on your way to war. It's this feeling you can get sometimes that I was already juggling enough.
Speaker 1: I was already struggling enough. I feel so annointed to break chains today for people. I'm excited about it. I was already stressed enough. I was already overwhelmed enough. Now this and in the King.
Speaker 3: James, one of the King's looks up, the King James version of my He looks up and says, Alas, I love that, because.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like a King James cussword. He's like, Alas, dang it.
Speaker 3: Like we're out here trying to fight the Lord's battles and the Lord won't give us water now, So they march seven days through the desert and eatam Is Is butted up right against the dead sea.
Speaker 1: So it's a dry place.
Speaker 3: So they can't even defeat their enemy without passing through a dry place to do it. And that's half the problem with us keeping our faith is that we just don't get to show up to stuff fresh. We don't just get to show up to stuff feeling good. We don't just get to show up to our mission in a good mood. A lot of times you will have to do the mission when you're not in the mood that you were in when you said you would do the mission. A lot of times I have to preach the sermon when the feeling that I got when I received the sermon is sitting back in Thursday when I studied the sermon. But I've got to do it then, and I've got to do it not for my own glory, but I've got to do it so somebody can be helped. Now, Now, what do you do when you're on your way to a war and you run out of water, when you're trying to raise your own children and you are still dealing with things from your childhood that nobody showed you how to process, that nobody taught you how to break down trauma and convert it into triumph.
Speaker 1: I mean, that.
Speaker 3: Sounds cute, but I don't know how to do it. But God says you'll know when you need to know. So even if you didn't get it when you think you ought, I mean, stop screaming because I think I'm preaching too hard. I don't think you can hear what I'm saying because you're just listening to me.
Speaker 1: Holler.
Speaker 3: If you and get it when you should have gotten it, then that wasn't when you should have gotten it. There's something about now that God knew. There is something about your future that God still knows. Just because I don't get it suddenly, and just because I'm not walking in it presently doesn't mean that God isn't giving it steadily.
Speaker 1: For you See, if I look back at my life.
Speaker 3: The hymn I will sing is great is thy faithfulness, Oh God, my Father, there is no shadow of turning with thee.
Speaker 1: All I have needed Thy hand hath provided.
Speaker 3: Great is thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me, Great is thy faithfulness.
Speaker 1: Great is thy faithfulness?
Speaker 3: How did you get morning by morning by morning by morning?
Speaker 1: What's that? When you need it when you need it?
Speaker 3: So when you woke up this morning, the grace that you needed for today was in today. The strength that you need for today is in today. And when you get to tomorrow there will be a truckload of what you need for tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Back it up tomorrow.
Speaker 3: But you can't get tomorrow's strength though today's praise.
Speaker 1: You just gotta say God.
Speaker 6: That need you right now, morning by morning. So the hand of God was steady holding me up even when the help didn't suddenly come.
Speaker 1: That's why I don't like to preach.
Speaker 3: Suddenly, because it sets an expectation that everything that I want and wish is gonna happen when I want and wish.
Speaker 1: For it to happen.
Speaker 3: There are sometimes that it comes suddenly, there are sometimes that it doesn't. And in the times when it doesn't come suddenly, his hand holds me steadily. It's a steady hand. You know how the hand of God can snatch you out just like that. If you don't know that, I'll tell you. The hand of God can snatch you out of depression just like that.
Speaker 1: Suddenly.
Speaker 3: The hand of God can get you out of that situation, just like that.
Speaker 1: Let me prophesy, Let me prophesy. It's pentecost.
Speaker 3: Can we be Pentecostal for one single week?
Speaker 1: Let me prophesy. The hand of God.
Speaker 3: Can get that no good guy that you keep chasing because you don't want to be.
Speaker 1: Alone, and snatch him out of your life just like that.
Speaker 3: And You'll be praying God bring it him back, and God will say I can't bring it back because I'm trying to take you forward. And what you've been calling a blessing is really a blockage. God can move stuff just like like.
Speaker 1: What like that shot suddenly.
Speaker 3: And just because he does stuff suddenly doesn't mean that when he's not doing it suddenly he went away. The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence. Please leave me alone. I just want to teach a Bible class. I'm going to go Sunday. That's all I want to do. And that is not my original quote. I don't know who said it, but it just came up in my spirit. See now that's a good example. That's a good example. How did I say that suddenly? Because every day of my life I try to study, so when we needed that word.
Speaker 1: Suddenly?
Speaker 3: But see behind every sudden blessing there is a steady hand.
Speaker 1: Anybody who built a successful business wave at me.
Speaker 3: Don't it make you laugh when they think it was sudden when it starts working.
Speaker 1: Wow, you just came out of nowhere. You blew up.
Speaker 3: No, I dug down and stop saying people blew up. Stop saying people blew up. That makes it sound like something bad happened. Man, they blew up.
Speaker 1: No, they built something. Promise you they did.
Speaker 3: Wave at me again, if you've ever had a business succeed or anything succeed like you. Okay, let's get the baseline down. You sent a successful text message one time? All right, Well, there was all.
Speaker 1: Don't find coming around.
Speaker 3: There were all kinds of spelling, punctuation, grammar, all of that.
Speaker 1: None of that comes suddenly.
Speaker 3: We just see it suddenly, and a lot of times, a lot of times, not every time, but a lot of times you don't even know what you're doing there until you can look back later and say, twenty one years. Because the reason I shared with you about my twenty one year anniversary was to brag number two to get you all ready for our marriage series we're going to be doing sometime soon.
Speaker 1: I don't know when.
Speaker 3: I already know what to call it. I just don't know what to talk about. So the Lord was show me when I need to know. Must not be time yet. Can we get a little more open handed in our life and let go of when we think stuff is supposed to happen and how we think it was supposed to happen, and who we think it was supposed to happen through?
Speaker 1: Because when I went to college. Now, I remember when I was nine years old, I wanted to go to Harvard. I want to go to Harvard, and.
Speaker 3: I probably could have done it, but the Lord had different plans for me.
Speaker 1: That's my narrative.
Speaker 3: But why am I at North Greenville? Remember how bad you wanted me to go to Charleston Southern. Yeah, it was close to home, and I kind of wanted to go to because there was this girl, and there was this job and all that.
Speaker 1: But something, something, something come here twenty one years.
Speaker 3: Something, something was coming to Tigerville, South Carolina. That's where North Greenville is. What am I doing here? I wondered when my parents dropped me off at that college. This is for everybody who's stressed out about stuff you don't understand and you don't know. God, I wanted to go home for months at that little school.
Speaker 1: But something something, it must have been. It must have been a holly and a boy knot.
Speaker 3: It must have been that girl staying over there Incline nine.
Speaker 1: I remember the number of the dorm. I was stalking you before you knew how sexy.
Speaker 7: I was, Hey, Now, how many of y'all think that while I was in those first three weeks wanting to go home, God saw this girl on the front row that has built this church, in this ministry, right by my side every step of the way.
Speaker 1: How many think that God saw that I do?
Speaker 3: And do you think that God sees stuff about your life that you don't see right now? And is it possible that you're not in a sudden season, you're in a steady season.
Speaker 1: We used to say, will you go steady with me?
Speaker 3: Actually I think that was in the fifties, but they used to say I think that was the Fonds that used to say that.
Speaker 1: We used to just.
Speaker 3: Say go with me, go with me where I don't know, just go with me. And sometimes God will just say go with me, go with me. I need you to take this next step because I need to get you steady because for what I'm going to do in your life that you don't know yet, if your hands aren't steady, you won't be able to handle the blessing that I'm going to sin. So even when God isn't doing stuff suddenly, he's doing stuff steadily.
Speaker 1: And when he's doing stuff steadily. I can hold on to my hope that all of.
Speaker 3: A sudden and everybody else will say, oh, it happens so quick. But you'll know it was consistent. You'll know that you cried for it. You won't have to tell them that. You'll know that you wondered about it. You won't have to explain to them how deep.
Speaker 1: The questions went.
Speaker 3: You'll know what it actually cost you to stay faithful to God. You'll know how painful it was when you went to therapy and started rooting out stuff that you wanted to push back down. And they won't know, but they don't need to. What they will know is that the glory of God is on you.
Speaker 1: And they will look it through life not many days from.
Speaker 3: Now, and they won't know how, but you will, and you will say it was by his hand, it was by his mercy. It was because he loved me, It was because he came close.
Speaker 1: It was a divine design. See, he was connecting DUTs.
Speaker 6: See.
Speaker 3: They had to say no so he could.
Speaker 5: Say yes so I could be here so I could do this. They had to say no so he could say yes so I could be here so I could do this. I tell you to believe it.
Speaker 1: They had to say no, I speak to every rejection in the name of Jesus.
Speaker 8: I speak to the.
Speaker 3: Next level of your effectiveness.
Speaker 1: On the other side of this rejection. They had to say no. So he told say yes, so you could be.
Speaker 8: Here, so you could do.
Speaker 3: This. Praise in force, send for it, praising for it.
Speaker 1: Come on, quiet personalities, get loud, praising for it.
Speaker 5: Come on, piscopelion, get pentecostal.
Speaker 1: Freeze it for it. Do this, do this, do.
Speaker 9: This, five five, five people and say I'm doing this. Absolutely, I'm doing this. I'm doing this. That's what Elisa said, the prophet. Are you ready for Elisa the prophet?
Speaker 3: We got three kings in the desert about to die. There's somebody the devil's been telling you. You're about to die. You're about to die. The dream is dead. It's over. You're dead.
Speaker 1: It's over. You won't make it. They're gonna cancel you. They're gonna take you out.
Speaker 3: The economy this time, your industry, this time, your business is And this is where we need Elisha the prophet, because he knew how to do what he knew how to do until God did what God does, isn't this good.
Speaker 1: You don't feel like preaching, feel like preaching.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna put this sermon up also on the basin.
Speaker 1: I already recorded it. I preached it Friday.
Speaker 3: Holly came downstairs to say, you want to eat sandwiches or eggs? And I was hollering at the camera. I heard her go back up the stairs. Leave him alone, let him work it out. And I preached this to an hour. Why because when God showed up, and when you showed up, I wanted to be ready for the rain. I appreciate it in the basement so I could be steady in the pulpit.
Speaker 1: You're gonna love this LJ. So.
Speaker 3: So Elisha has a bad attitude because he thinks these kings should have done it differently, and then they wouldn't be in this situation.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you would.
Speaker 3: Have done it God's way, you wouldn't even be needing this water. There are wilderness seasons that we send ourselves into gaphy guilty as charged. But look at verse fourteen. Let's back up a little bit and get the context. And Elisha said, oh, he is a new prophet to them. They've never used him before. Elijah was the one they were familiar with. He was the new one. Elijah went up with chariots of fire and they went to look for him. And Elisha said, you can go look for him. All you want is he's not coming back. We got to figure this out right now. And the Lord will speak.
Speaker 1: That to you. Sometimes you can go chase down that.
Speaker 3: Disgruntled employee and do all the exit interviews you want to, all you want to.
Speaker 1: That's not coming back. You better get with this, You better get with this. You're gonna miss this chasing that.
Speaker 3: So Elishah gives him a little speech, a little talking to verse fourteen second King's three, and Elishah said, as the Lord of Hosts lived before whom I stand, surely, were it not that I regard the presence.
Speaker 1: Of Jehoshaphat, You're all right.
Speaker 3: If I didn't regard him, Jehoshaphat, King of Judah, I would not look at you, and turns to the other king Joram, and.
Speaker 1: Says, I wouldn't even look at you.
Speaker 3: Touch your neighbor, saying I wouldn't even look at you if you weren't so good looking. I don't want you to have any fights going home. But he said, I wouldn't even look at you nor see you. Now I've read that because it's important, He's going, I don't feel like prophesying, for y'all. What does feeling it have to do with flowing in it? I wouldn't do this if I were just going to my feelings. I love verse fifteen. The whole thing hinges on two of my favorite words.
Speaker 1: But now.
Speaker 3: You can get a whole lot out of those two words. But now that's how you got to reset in your heart. I wish I would have known it sooner. I didn't, but now I do. I wish I would have got the memo about your character three months before we met, but I didn't.
Speaker 1: But now I got the mimo loud and clear.
Speaker 3: You are absolutely crazy, and so am I, and our craziest collide in a way that is not acceptable.
Speaker 1: For the foreseeable future. Now I know somebody's shout. Now that was a whispered hush shout. Say now, but.
Speaker 3: Now bring me a musician.
Speaker 1: Then it happened.
Speaker 3: Then it happened when the musician played that, the hand of the Lord came upon him, came upon who elisha.
Speaker 1: So let's get this straightened out.
Speaker 3: We've got a need for water that nobody saw coming. Nobody knew they were going to be in need of water. They thought they were just going to war. How many are standing looking at a need right now that you didn't see coming in your life, Like, even if it's just the surgery that you might have to have, but it's freaking you out, Raise your hand, even if it's just the challenge that you feel emotionally, but everything's good in your life, Raise your hand right now. I was with some pastors this week, and what they said that helped them the most.
Speaker 1: I was imparting to.
Speaker 3: Them and teaching them and helping them, and they said, it was just good to hear from you that there's nothing wrong with us.
Speaker 1: It was good for us.
Speaker 3: To hear from you, because there's a part of us that thinks I'm not supposed to be angry. I'm supposed to be grateful, but I find myself getting angry and I don't know why. So when you told us how you get angry, it helped us because it let us know that sometimes on your way to war, you run out of water too. And what do you do when the fight is right now but the knowledge isn't coming and the feeling isn't coming. And Elisha knew what to do. He said, give me a musician. And when the musician began to play the hand of verse fifteen up. You won't believe this. When the musician started playing, the hand of the Lord came upon Elisha how suddenly? But does it say that when the musician started practicing that the hand of the Lord came upon Elisha.
Speaker 1: Here's what I'm wondering.
Speaker 3: How long did that musician have to practice? How many hours of practice does it take that if they come recruit you and say, hey, we need you in the wilderness real quick, running out of water and need you to play something snappy for Elishah is his first chance prophesies got an audience.
Speaker 1: With three kings in If he doesn't do it right, they'd die. Come play.
Speaker 3: That is not the time to work on your scales. So if I bust into.
Speaker 10: Great is thy faithfulness, Oh God, my father, there is no shadow of turning with thee all I have needed thy hand had provided.
Speaker 3: His hands started playing all of a sudden. We did not talk about that. Him.
Speaker 1: I did not prepare him for that. Him. I did not say ljay at moment number blah blah blah. In the sermon. After I say this, get ready to play.
Speaker 3: Great is our faithfulness, because I need him to know that it is.
Speaker 1: Great is I faithfulness?
Speaker 11: Oh God, my father, there is no shadow of turning with thee. All I have needed thy hand had provided. Great is thy faithfulness. Who's hand all I have needed?
Speaker 3: Thy hand had providing thy hand had providing his hand. But who who's hand had to practice? Yeah?
Speaker 1: She's all right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they give me that holiday energy, and I got that holy ghost annoying to I said, y'all.
Speaker 3: Give me that holiday energy, and I got that holy ghost annoyming.
Speaker 1: You look sleepy too, Scottie. I'll send your hands, your.
Speaker 3: Hands, Your hands better be busy. You better get your hand busy, Guklyn.
Speaker 1: God did freddie to do what he wants to do. She's gonna be looking for some hands, but nowhere to go.
Speaker 3: And that's why I'm praising him. I'm getting my hand, Freddy. That's why I'm forgiving them.
Speaker 8: I gotta let it go.
Speaker 3: So when he comes suddenly, I can't be thou my bitterness. I can't be flatter, I can't be weak, be stabbing im those hands and get them ready.
Speaker 1: Why are you clapping? I don't have a big drink.
Speaker 3: I'm getting my hands ready.
Speaker 1: I'm praising him when I comes.
Speaker 8: I just said it.
Speaker 1: I'm praising him.
Speaker 8: Comes to my spirit.
Speaker 3: S See, I'm a free woman.
Speaker 1: I'm a free man. I'm a blessed man. I'm a blessed woman. I'm a running over kind of vessel. I'm ready. Gets her hands ready, gets her hands ready.
Speaker 5: The cats are blessings, Dave, there's one far one.
Speaker 12: Then it might surprise you what is already done.
Speaker 8: I'm getting my hands ready.
Speaker 5: Oh my here comes to lion, it comes to bear, Here comes Golia.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: My hands are ready, my spirit is ready, my art is ready.
Speaker 1: I'm ready.
Speaker 13: I'm ready. I'm ready. I'm ready. I'm ready. He's steady. I'm ready. He's steady. I'm ready. He's steady. I'm ready. So he didn't put me in it. If he didn't put it in me, he's steady, I'm ready. He's not an overnight sensation god. He's not a god who blows you up. He's a god who will dig your ruth down. See, I can't to announce to your storm.
Speaker 3: You better pick on a different Christian because this one is ready. She's ready. She knows how to pray in a storm, she knows how to sing at midnight. She knows how to work him through a panic attack.
Speaker 12: See the ready head, Sit redead, Sit Ready.
Speaker 5: Elisha said, I don't need anything to do what God called.
Speaker 3: Me to do, but somebody with a steady hand. God's looking for a steady hand. Now you joined the gym in January. A steady hand, A steady hand. I read my Bible today. What'd you get out of it?
Speaker 1: Nothing? I'm in steadiness school.
Speaker 3: I study when I don't see anything in the scripture. I study when it looks like pig Latin. I'll study when it looks like Japanese characters, and I speak English.
Speaker 1: I study because I'm a steady God help me.
Speaker 3: Shouldn't have let me preach on Pentecost. Someday I knew God was gonna do this. This is point number one. Oh no, just there's just coming. Man, It's coming suddenly because he was working steadily. I'll know when I need to. When I get my mind made up that I want to be set free from this addiction, God will send keys. I'll know when I need to. You tried it before hey, look at me, dove's nest. It's going to be different this time, but this is my fourth time. I'm forty seven years old. I didn't ask you about your age. Stop giving me information. I didn't ask you for I asked are you ready? Are you ready to experience the person that is beneath those patterns that keep pulling you back down? Because if you're ready, God has a steady hand. And even if you fall again, that's what the steady hand is for. So let's go forward and let's flow in it, because you'll know when you're supposed, you'll know when you need to.
Speaker 1: And this is the other thing God gave me.
Speaker 3: And we might need a part two of this sermon, but the Lord told me to tell you one more thing.
Speaker 1: Before I get off this stage.
Speaker 3: The prophet looked at the musician. He said, play go at play LJ play play play play play. He said, play play play, And then it happened when the musician played, that's a steady hand. That's a man who has practiced his scales. That's a man who has learned his courts. That's a man who has learned his character. That is a woman that has learned how to apologize. A man who has learned how to say I'm sorry. That is a trained player who knows how to get back up again. I hear you, Laurid. That's why Ella got that scholarship. You didn't expect it. That's why she was practicing since she was eight. That's why she got the scholarship. A steady hand, a sudden scholarship, And then somebody will have the nerve to say, wasn't she lucky?
Speaker 1: No, she was steady, but I'm not.
Speaker 3: You're not talking to me because I'm not stable, because I'm that other person you're talking about.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm not talking just about your hand, You're talking about his.
Speaker 3: Do you remember who was in the upper room and Acts two, verse two, the first verse I read you.
Speaker 1: He doesn't say in the verse. I don't know if you remember. I had to think about it for a moment myself. It said, Acts chapter two, verse two.
Speaker 3: It's gonna come up suddenly, I promise it is. It's gonna be slow, then sudden. Oh that's the word of the lord businessman in my church. I don't even know how many millions of dollars of business he's done.
Speaker 1: He said, make sure you tell the church.
Speaker 3: It was slow, steady, sudden, slow, steady, sudden. We saved for years, we tied for years. We lived beneath our means for years. We went through cycles. We went through the two he's a homebuilder. We went through the two thousand and eight crisis, and it was slow, but we were steady. And then it was sudden. And then he used the word. I want you to hear this, he said, And now God has a stewarding more than we could have ever imagine. I don't know if I remind you of this enough, because I'm telling you, do the work, do the work, do the work, do the work.
Speaker 1: And I want you to.
Speaker 3: But what I need you to know is that God can do stuff suddenly that you had given up on. Receive it. If it's your word, put it in your phone. If it's not, it will be.
Speaker 1: One day, and when you need that.
Speaker 3: Word for your life, it will be there for you.
Speaker 1: This is how God works.
Speaker 3: He plants things that we need based on things that only he sees.
Speaker 1: Every experience that I've been through, I can look back on it.
Speaker 3: But see I'm not just looking back on things that I've been through and saying that was the hand of God. I'm needing to believe forward into what I don't know that about yet, so that it's not just twenty years later where I say, well, I guess it was God that sent me to that college.
Speaker 1: But it's me saying while I'm wondering, does anybody see me?
Speaker 3: Does anybody know me? Does anybody care that I'm doing this? So back in that upper room, you know, Jesus has been gone ten days. He rose forty days before that ten It's been fifty days since the resurrection. The Bible says in Acts, chapter two, verse two, and suddenly there came a sound from heaven.
Speaker 14: And suddenly there came a sound as if a mighty rushing wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting.
Speaker 1: Now there's a whole sermon.
Speaker 3: In that day, because sitting in that house was a guy named Simon Peter. He wasn't very steady. Fifty days earlier. He fell down pretty bad fifty days earlier. I don't know who I'm preaching to, but you stumbled pretty bad in this last season. The Lord said, you need to know that he's steady when you stumble. They Peter, What's Peter gonna do? He already made a fool of himself, nothing but preach on the day of Pentecost and see three thousand converts. Are you telling me God can't still use you in this season because you've got bresidas. Are you telling me that that credit card debt is too big for God? God, you can do all things, you are the master. Only if it's master card, then you can't do.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 3: God said, I'm gonna help you pay it off steady. And then suddenly one day there is going to come am Man where you will be able to not only feel your own freedom, but I'm going to use you as a vessel to bring others to freedom in that very same path that you struggle. So you'll be able to tell him you can flush the pills, so you'll be able to tell them you can beat this disorder, so you'll be able to tell him you can't get set free from this pattern. So you'll be able to tell him.
Speaker 12: The curse can be reversed.
Speaker 3: And he can do it.
Speaker 15: Fall up, Hey, sudden sudden blessings, come sudden winns, come sudden rage, come sudden floods, Come sudden love. Sun feeling sun breakthrough, su second chances.
Speaker 8: Sudden new beginnings, shout, shun in sun in, suddenly a sound long, a mighty running wind.
Speaker 1: We'll fill the room.
Speaker 5: And even Peter gets the breach, and even you get to go forward.
Speaker 1: Gets your hands ready, get your heart ready.
Speaker 3: We're not thinking about those toxic things this week. This is the Lord's stay, This is the Lord's holy home, This is his habitation.
Speaker 1: You are his chosen instrument.
Speaker 3: And the Lord wanted me to tell you you won't sea wind.
Speaker 1: And you won't sea rain.
Speaker 3: See this is where the song we were singing earlier came from. Did you know this was a scripture the prophet told the kings in verse seventeen. Suddenly, everybody breathe in the Holy Spirit right now? Ooh, I love that that same holy spirit that can make me want to shout, can make me want to breathe.
Speaker 1: To be still and know that he is God, or to shout that he is God. It's the same.
Speaker 3: Spirit now here comes to prophetic words. Stand up and receive that. Nobody moving. This is a holy moment. If you receive it, lift your hands. This is the word of the Lord. And guess what for next Sunday I'm gonna give you the second.
Speaker 1: Part of this. Yeah, I'm gonna give your second part. But lift your hands.
Speaker 3: Well next week it's gonna be so practical, it's gonna be so important, it's gonna be so significant. But unless you get this, no symbols please. I want you to get this so you can get that. This is gonna be the foundation. No symbols, please, I want you to get this so this can be the foundation.
Speaker 1: You're ready for, Thus says the Lord. You shall not.
Speaker 3: See wind, well, of course you can't. You can only feel it. Nor shall you see rain. Yet I'm about to go home, y'all. Everybody say yet, this may be the most important word of all.
Speaker 1: Get your hands back up. We're not done yet yet.
Speaker 3: That valley shall be filled with water. So that watch how good God is. He went from kings not having anything to drink. He says, when God gets done with the situation, not only you, but your cattle and your.
Speaker 16: Animals may drink. God said, I'm gonna do it so big. Your dog is gonna be drinking this. I'm gonna do it so big. You're gonna help others, You're gonna change others. You're gonna start a school with what I'm gonna teach you. You're gonna be there for other people.
Speaker 3: And that's why God gave me the word, because there have been seasons in my life when I.
Speaker 1: Have felt so dry. I didn't think I could do it. But this Tuesday, past Tuesday.
Speaker 3: I was helping pastors and telling them, you're gonna make it.
Speaker 1: Now, how does that happen? Only God, only God, only God.
Speaker 3: Everybody gets to drink, everybody gets to benefit. Nothing that you've been through shall be wasted. Nothing that you've walked through slipped his attention.
Speaker 1: It is going to come all of a sudden. Yeah, but I don't see it. You don't have to. Yeah, But I can't quantify it. You don't have to. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But every time I go to talk about it, I can't even get.
Speaker 1: It up because it's too painful. Then let the Holy Spirit do the talking right now. The Bible says that there.
Speaker 3: Are groans that can't be uttered by words, and the Holy Spirit will intercede for you.
Speaker 1: When you can't speak for yourself. Hands lifted, you won't see you, when you won't see.
Speaker 11: Rain, But the drout will end. Everything can change all of a sudden.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel the coming. He will come when you.
Speaker 11: Call his name, the Holy One will renew your strength. All of a sudden, I feel it coming, all of a sudden.
Speaker 1: No, you won't see you win. You won't see rain, but your drought will end. Everything can shame. All of a sudden, I feel it coming. So he will come. Call his name the Holy up.
Speaker 3: Receive this ministry all love the study.
Speaker 1: He's lifted high before you go, come home and steering google study.
Speaker 17: No, you won't see you when then you will see you right, the traveling and everything and change on the sunny. I feel it coming on the sunny, and he will go me bull his thing, the Lord.
Speaker 1: Your stay.
Speaker 12: I need any comment of the study.
Speaker 1: You will see you in and you will see you right.
Speaker 12: The trap fee everything can channie job up the side.
Speaker 17: Being this pandemic side.
Speaker 8: He will come home where you go.
Speaker 1: We're in the wheel stream the side happy looking.
Speaker 3: Us.
Speaker 1: Come out on the side. He's gonna come out on the side. He's gonna come out on the side. Right, he's gonna drump on.
Speaker 3: The side, cracking it.
Speaker 13: Side o.
Speaker 3: The second.
Speaker 8: He's got a drop side it's greens lady, He's get free.
Speaker 12: The same they don't he.
Speaker 1: If he's going.
Speaker 12: To trauma, Let's go the Trump on the side.
Speaker 1: He's got the.
Speaker 8: Drama on the side, lapping the cot, the stick, he's gonna jump out.
Speaker 12: Of the side.
Speaker 2: Hey, I hope you enjoyed the podcast, and if you did, make sure to share it and subscribe so we can get you all of these new messages as soon as they're available. I also want to take a moment and thank all of you who are a part of Elevation. Whether you support us financially, or serve with us, or just share these messages, it's because of you that we're able to reach people all around the world. And if you want more information on how to be a part of Elevation, click the link in the description. Thanks again for listening. Make sure to leave a review, share the message, and subscribe.
Speaker 1: God bless you.