Speaker 1: It's nine oh gene one engine with Jenny Garth and Tory Spelling. This is actually going to be a pretty big episode. I totally agree. This is season eight, episode twenty three, Making Amends, aired March eleventh, nineteen ninety eight, gives the synopsis synopsis.
Speaker 2: Donna comes clean and gets the axe at work, David gets a beach house as a music business perk. Kelly wants to adopt a teen mom's baby. Brandon finds out David's manager is Shay Bady. Valerie can't forget a night she can't remember. Steve falls for a pen pal but doesn't know the sender.
Speaker 1: Directed by Joel J. Big Inva, written by L Treatman. That's a new writer.
Speaker 2: There's so much confusion. I'm just gonna jump off with a few things and then we'll dig into it. Number one, the whole Steve thing, I couldn't even follow. I was like, what's happening?
Speaker 1: Who's dead? I don't know who's dead?
Speaker 2: And why is he responding to the letters? And it's just that made no sense to me. I was like, I cannot follow this. Then all of a sudden, I'm like, are you kidnapping a baby again?
Speaker 1: Again, I like babies. I want to tell you, like what.
Speaker 2: Is happening there? Like they just they don't. That's not how it works. They wouldn't just let you have the baby. And also you sort of took the baby.
Speaker 1: Well, it was on the doorstep, and what am I she did? It's nighttime, so she takes it home. I would do the same thing, honestly, if I found a newborn baby outside my door, I'd pick it up and I take it home. It takes more of it. I'd be so happy.
Speaker 2: Bird are the teens of America just itching for a storyline about Paola? Like, I don't even understand why they thought, like, you know what, people are gonna really be into us just having a radio station.
Speaker 1: It's just like, oh my god. Yeah, Well I was excited because David, you know, he's well on his way to being just a huge musical success.
Speaker 2: And then we find out Bump Bump bum it's not real. Their label is up to shady, no good tricks.
Speaker 1: But that doesn't mean his music wasn't great. And you know, record label labelable, labelable. I love that song, it's so catchy.
Speaker 2: My thing was this episode again, could have been great, but it was also so confusing. Can we start with the pen pal stuff because that, to me was the dumbest part.
Speaker 1: Okay, so he's he Steve falls for a girl named Jill who was writing love letters basically to Ted, who we have no idea who Ted is. And then so Steve pretends to be Ted.
Speaker 2: So are the letters coming to the paper's office?
Speaker 1: I guess, so maybe she has the wrong address. But also isn't it illegal? Yeah, it's illegal for him to read the letters.
Speaker 2: It's like a full crime. Maybe they've been dropped off and he's also perpetrating someone like he's like replying like he's him. Why wouldn't he just clap put on their return to send her and off they go?
Speaker 1: Because they smell good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, first of all that was super confusing too. I was like, what are they talking about? And each letter had like a different scent.
Speaker 1: And apparently Steve is so hard up that he that's enough for him.
Speaker 2: Letterly quite dumb, I have to say, like that storyline, and then he meets her at the end and it's going to tell her the truth and then doesn't.
Speaker 1: But it's not because she's beautiful, shocking, Yeah, he sees what she looks like and on the spot he pretends again to just go through a betead.
Speaker 2: And then we just it's like three company, like we just have to keep so next week I have to deal with this again.
Speaker 1: I just am not into it. No, I don't know. It's kind of reminds me of like the storyline when when the characters were in Palm Springs and he falls in love for the with the woman that's not so yeah.
Speaker 2: So here's what I'm gonna say. It's not trophy. It's repetitive, like we're just doing the same storylines over and over again. Because I also find David's storyline, even though it's like slightly tweaked, to be the same same. Yeah, it's like we've done this. Oh, David's got a record deal. Somebody's shady a little. The record deal's gone. Oh he better pick his friends over his music.
Speaker 1: Like it's just like, oh my gosh, yeah, let's talk about that one then, because David is getting the star treatment, but Brandon comes in out of nowhere and wants to expose the shady side of the music business.
Speaker 2: Just is so like, first of all, around the River and through the woods, like we had to get rid of Jasper why he was cute. I don't know why we even had to do that. Then there's suddenly a Porsche.
Speaker 1: I didn't know why Jasper was back in the first place, because didn't he leave before?
Speaker 2: I thought that was the other guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they all kind of look alike. I gotta be honest.
Speaker 2: Yes, And it's so convoluted where you're like, I can't follow this. Then suddenly he's got this top hit. But it's so mysterious. Why so many spins?
Speaker 1: Like it's just like, yeah, he has his record exec kind of a slimy guy, slimy buttering him up, giving him a beach house, giving him a new car.
Speaker 2: And the thing that's confusing is, Okay, you don't need to butter up the artist. If there truly is like Paola, they'd be giving the Porsche to the station person.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 2: Like it's so confusing. I actually went back on Wikipedia because I was like, was this one the big payola thing was in the news. So do you remember Elliot Spitzer. Oh, he was sort of like a some sort of politician and he cleaned up sort of any kind of stuff like this with record labels. But then he got in trouble for something like arrested for something. Later he was sort of like a New York congressman or something. I don't know, he's some politician that got in trouble, like you know, sort of one of those stories, right, So I thought, oh, maybe this was at the same time, and that's why they're doing this because it was a topical story. Nope, that happened many years later.
Speaker 1: Maybe he got the idea from watching this episode.
Speaker 2: Literally, that's literally he was like, you know what, I'm gonna get those labels anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I want him to have that new beach pad, I really do.
Speaker 2: And then he gives it all up for the like why did he give it all up? There was some sort of righteous thing.
Speaker 1: Right well, because Brandon tells him that the radio guy is couldn't you know, keeping his song in strong rotation because he's getting paid to play the song or the radio station is getting paid to play the song? What is thank you? But if it weren't for Brandon, what we would never know And he's a cute need to dig deep into the journalistic side of things, and we would never have known it. Just and it's such a coincidence that it's timed out.
Speaker 2: Just perfectly and with his best friend. Yeah, I don't care for it. I'm not gonna lie. I did not care for this story.
Speaker 1: Wait that they're gonna go play at a loose lizard? Is that? Was that a real place?
Speaker 2: Again? I'm watching this and like you guys, I'm not distracted when I watch this. I have my spaghetti and my salad, and I'm watching it and I cannot follow what's happening. So that's my main problem is like I actually was watching it and I can't follow it.
Speaker 1: And then wait, Steve advises Brandon not to run the story because she's concerned that it'll make Brandon seem jealous of David's success. Okay, more convoluti.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's happened. I don't run the story because no one cares. It's like we don't No, I care. I care about that song. I like that song. I would like to listen to that song right now. It was should we talk about Donna now or or you or Valerie?
Speaker 1: I talk about Donna and the drug? Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: So then she does do the right thing and goes back.
Speaker 1: Wait she does the right thing by odee.
Speaker 2: No, Well that was terrible. But was she still in the hospital when this episode started.
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: So she started.
Speaker 1: Kelly or make it out on the couch and it costs a Walsh and they get the call from Noah.
Speaker 2: Okay, that was I'm gonna have to like throw a flag on the play on like the acting. I was very jarred. At one point, Brandon's like, don't worry about it, We'll be right there. Don't worry about it, like she's in a coma.
Speaker 1: Or of course, and Kelly's reaction was as tad slow, like they couldn't tighten that up in editing, so like she looked more concerned about her best friend.
Speaker 2: And I have a real problem with David blaming Noah for all of the David, you were in the car when the car accident happened, which is where she hurt her back, which is why she had to take the drugs in the first place. You're not clean.
Speaker 1: No, that's got nothing. He didn't do anything, and I still no one didn't either. This is where the problem was is at the end of that scene, he says, well, Josh isn't the one that cheated on her, And I'm thinking, dude, you cheated on her. What I mean, right in the limo with the I remember.
Speaker 2: Geryl back in the same storyline. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know. I got I was like, come on, guys, and then Donna, I don't have a problem. It's like, oh, you do have a problem. And it happens. Where is her mother? I guess not available.
Speaker 2: They make a mention of it. She's in a She's like in a on a trip.
Speaker 1: I mean, I come home probably if my if my daughter was o ding and in the hospital, in the er getting herself.
Speaker 2: And then she was asking for you. She's asking for you, Well, of course she's And then you guys have that hard to heart yeah.
Speaker 1: Where Kelly gives her a pep talk and says she needs to break up with Noah if if if she's doing drugs when he when she's with him, But it has nothing to do with Noah. Kelly, she didn't ever do the drugs when she was with Noah because she hasn't been with Noah, because Noah's left with val Well and they've been broken up.
Speaker 2: It's his brother given supply in her It's really.
Speaker 1: I feel like this is a new writer that we've never heard from before she was thrown this script, or maybe she came in with the concept and got to write it and nobody like fact checked it, nobody.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's better been messy. My whole thing is this, Everything about this episode is just like messy, right where there's a seed of something that's actually kind of interesting, and then it's just like googlegg. That's how it seems to me that it like came out because it's like, I don't I'm not following what's happening.
Speaker 1: And then she's at the beach house going through withdrawals and Noah comes over and tosses her pills down the sinc. Oh, thank goodness. She couldn't have done it without him doing that.
Speaker 2: And then I think she actually shouldn't have lost her job. That was weird too.
Speaker 1: Well, what if someone came to you and said, I know I've been producing this podcast for you, but everything i've been doing is someone else's work. Or basically I've been only using AI to come up with these interview questions. How about that? That's pretty relevant, isn't it? Totally?
Speaker 2: I get it. It's all bad.
Speaker 1: It's just all.
Speaker 2: Bad, and the guy's so calm the boss. He's like, Okay, thanks for sharing. You're not gonna be able to work here anymore.
Speaker 1: By I don't know. Every time I see that guy that was Donna's boss, I think I know he lives in the valley, like I.
Speaker 2: Can take he looks like that guy.
Speaker 1: He's married to somebody, has maybe one small kid, yeah, and maybe a teenager from his first marriage something.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it's just every single thing feels undeveloped.
Speaker 1: Is that the right word? Not developed? Like underdeveloped?
Speaker 2: Under Yeah. It's like we don't really know about the we don't really care, we can't really follow what her job is. This record label guy came out of nowhere. We don't really understand what's happening there.
Speaker 1: But I gotta be honest, I don't want to develop it further. I'm pretty okay with it being underdeveloped. Let's get past this, Like when's this going to change?
Speaker 2: I feel like what they need to do is just like have Bobby Ewing in the shower and be like, what what are you talking about? And like Victoria Principal just dreamed the whole season.
Speaker 1: Oh god, somebody should have dreamed season eight. I think it's.
Speaker 2: Rough it's just swirly mess. Jessica Alba looks exactly this.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is Interjessica Alba. This is her first episode. She is a pregnant teen and she comes in and she has barely any baby bump.
Speaker 2: And her mother doesn't know. And then the baby.
Speaker 1: Popped out and the baby came out. We don't even know how, right, Like, she leaves, she like birthed in the alley or something, and.
Speaker 2: She was pregnant when she came in to see you. She leaves and then the baby shows the baby and she's like in a hoodie at her mom's house with no problems.
Speaker 1: And I mean, that's a pretty big lie. But you know that's happened for sure.
Speaker 2: We hear about those stories all the time when the high school kid doesn't know and then has a baby in the bathroom of the gym.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, but what would you do if a baby showed up on the doorstep call on one one and it's already nighttime?
Speaker 2: Anyone works at night?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, not Kelly.
Speaker 2: Immediately I'd be like, there's a baby on my front porch. Uh, there's a baby, that's what. There's a baby on my front porch. I don't even know, because like, how do you and you're not a doctor, you don't know that the baby's fine. Of course I imediately calling nine to one one immediately. You're right, you're right to do. I'll just keep it.
Speaker 1: It's totally fine. Yeah, Brandon, pick up a six pack of diapers. A that's not gonna be enough. And then you're like, I'm applying to take it on. Yeah, why she wants to adopt the baby because the baby mommy doesn't want it. It doesn't work like that, by the way, I'm just like, version, come.
Speaker 2: On, But Jessica album comes back. This is not her only episode.
Speaker 1: Right, She's in two episodes, I think, and she is like next week, very convincing playing this sixteen year old scared girl that does not want.
Speaker 2: To be a mom. She's totally you get why you're like, Jessica Alba's no wonder she became a big star.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: It's so funny that just watching her, her daughter looks just like her. And I just was watching them on TikTok do a dance and they all look exactly like they do. Here. The daughter could be in this episode and Jessica Alba was still the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well this was I mean, I don't get it. This was like the controversy that everyone mentions that somebody requested that Jessica Alban not look them in the eye or something on set, And I'm thinking it wasn't me, Like, but it couldn't have been me, because we're in scenes together. Correct, You're going to be like a very nice experience.
Speaker 2: Here's what I think is interesting about those kind of rumors. How many times have we heard the same rumor that such and such celebrities said, don't look me in the eye.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I heard that about Prince for the first time, and I was like, that's.
Speaker 2: A thing that seems so strange that that it's like the only green eminem's or whatever, like you know, it happens, can't be real.
Speaker 1: Here's what happens. Somebody at the top tells somebody at the bottom take care of this person for the day, stay on them, keep with them, and like intervene with don't let anybody bother them, don't let but like come into their eyeline weather they're working whatever. And then the PA or whoever it is that's wrangling that person for the day, the like you know, sweet pa Is like says, oh, don't look them in the eye, right to the person, and they're like, oh okay, and then they leave and they say say, oh my god, I was told not to look Jenny Garth in the eye when I was on set.
Speaker 2: Like it's just right. It's like it's like a it's a game of telephone.
Speaker 1: Jessica Albut never said that that Tory remember this. I don't remember because I don't really care. But Jessica Albut said it wasn't a fun experience I think, or something.
Speaker 2: Some Yeah, it was kind of lightweight.
Speaker 1: What she said.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing that I think is that people came into a show as a guest star and barely a guest star, right, do you know what I'm saying, Like she's a minor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like separate from the group she's not.
Speaker 2: And they don't know anybody. And she's significantly younger now than you guys. Do you know what I'm saying? Like she's young and you all are now in your twenties. People are thirty, I am is probably thirty. So it looks seriously, I'm not gonna be it probably was. So there is sort of like a thing like I'm trying to think of an example, like, say you're a temp worker at a you know office, You're not gonna be best friends with everybody. They're gonna be like there for two days. Correct, So it's like I think that, and maybe your impression of them could be like why I didn't eat with them at lunch? Well, of course you didn't eat with them at lunch, Like what like they don't know you yet? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: That always happens, Like I'll tell you this. When when you work all day, every day at day after day after day, and it's lunchtime, and yeah, people are hanging out sitting around eating together. I'm freaking tired. I go to my trailer and lay down while it's like lunchtime. And then that looks like, oh, Jenny doesn't want to eat with anybody or whatever. It looks like I don't know, but people make assumptions. That's the problem.
Speaker 2: Like, Okay, so I just think about our office, right, there's like two hundred people that work there. I'm not lunch with all two hundred people. I sort of have lunch with the people I know that are in my like littler group. And that doesn't mean I don't love everybody at the office. I'm just having lunch with the people. I know.
Speaker 1: It is awkward because, like specifically, when you're on the location, they set up the long tables and the chairs and you get your catering and you sit down to eat your food, and like I said, oftentimes I need a break. I need a break from talking. I need just like to shut my brain down for a minute and then I will let It's awkward to walk by all the crew and casts that are hanging out mingling and I'm like bee lining for my trailer because I just have to like shut her down for a minute. Right. I always remember thinking, I hope they don't think I'm a bitch I eating with them, but I just I need half an hour of me time.
Speaker 2: I get it. And I think that they might think, oh, Jenny's not nice because she doesn't want to hang out with us. But really, you're like, I just got to like reset my nervous system totally.
Speaker 1: I need a moment of silence. Yeah, and I want to take off these uncomfortable pants for a minute. Yeah, whatever, you know, Like, and I mean.
Speaker 2: I understand how people could misinterpret, right, That's what I'm saying too, is like the new person might be like the cool kids didn't include me at the lunch, and you're just like what, like do you know what I mean? Like it could all be misinterpreted. And I also think there is such a game of telephone. If one person is instructed like one thing, by the time it goes through nine people, you know it's the old And then she answered a banana like when, really have you never played telephone to me? That's just like how it happened, like when and then it gets back to you and you're like, yeah, I never said that. I have to do that all the time.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I absolutely never said that. What But well, here's the thing too, in my situation, I can't remember if I said it, so like sometimes I'm like, hmm, did I say that? I don't know at all.
Speaker 2: I just don't think you told a guest star that was a young teenager to not look at you.
Speaker 1: I definitely never did that. That just doesn't sound like I don't know who she was referring to. Maybe there was some other cast members around or would she I have no idea. I have no idea.
Speaker 2: Well, and even this is the thing that I'll say too. Even if that PA said, oh, don't look the core cast in the eye, that doesn't mean any of you actually instructed it.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's weird. You know, Tory would have a different take on this. I wish she was here, which, by the way, she's not with us today. Ob Yeah, she'll be back hopefully soon. But she would probably have her perspective of it. But she was, to my knowledge, not in any of the scenes with this character Leanne.
Speaker 2: No. And that's what I'm saying, is this Jessica I was only in like three scenes that I can remember. The scene at the house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, the scene at the clinic yep.
Speaker 2: And is there even one more? There might only be two.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's two in this episode. But then she's in another episode, so what happens in that one?
Speaker 2: Also, it's work. That's the other thing too. I think that Hollywood gets kind of like bamboozled because you're at work. You're at work, you might have to go memorize your lines. I don't know whereas like nobody in an office building is like you know, Bob, he always just shuts his door and you know, reads all his you know documents. Well, yeah, because Bob's a lawyer, and Bob has to read the documents.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But I mean, I get it, and I feel for her too, because I'm not saying that her experience wasn't what it was.
Speaker 1: To be truthful, you don't know what her experience was, because she's never really said anything other than like what I can't I'm gonna misquote her, but it wasn't great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Lorraine, what's the exact quote?
Speaker 3: On the set of nine o two and No, I couldn't even make eye contact with any of the cast members, which was really strange. When you're like trying to do a scene with.
Speaker 1: Them, you're not.
Speaker 3: It was like, you're not allowed to make eye contact with any one of the cast members or you'll be thrown off the set. That was the quote on the Hot Ones.
Speaker 1: If she looked at or spoke to the stars. But this isn't a quote. I don't think this is a quote from Jessica.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what she said that on Hot Ones. I find that to be the strangest.
Speaker 1: I am the fuddled. First of all, I don't think anybody was ever thrown off the set of our show. Let'st they were a weird, crazy person and.
Speaker 2: It's the whole cast. So I think it's a tale of Look. I believe Jessica Alba was told this, but I believe someone told her that totally incorrectly. This is my making this up from what.
Speaker 1: I have heard of us from back in the day, and most of the people, ninety eight percent of the people had a great experience on our show. Every co star that came in, every background actor, like we were nice people. I mean, I had my moments where I'd be whatever, but I have since grown from that and acknowledged it and like, I'm sorry about it, But I never would have been like, don't look me in the eye. That's just I'm not like that.
Speaker 2: But I believe somebody, like you said, somebody said somebody to somebody, to somebody to somebody to somebody to somebody. And by the time it got to Jessica Alba, who's just a you know, day day player basically like two episodes, a guest star, guest star. But is she even like a guest star. I feel like she's just a yeah, she's is that? But not everyone's a guest star?
Speaker 1: Are they?
Speaker 2: Oh? I don't know, See what I'm saying, it's like, to me, Jasper is a guest star because he's in like many episodes.
Speaker 1: I think she's a guest star because she was in two episodes.
Speaker 2: All right, so she's called a guest star. Maybe someone mistakingly said something to her, like I'm saying she probably was told something strange, but that the person that said it was a game of telephone. Right, So by the time it gets to the PA that's in charge of Jessica Alba, it's completely changed from what actually was said. Because look, there may be could have been something like, oh, hey they're working, so like don't take photos.
Speaker 1: Like we do that.
Speaker 2: Right, say we're doing a big event and there's a big celebrity, we have to tell people like, hey, they're working, so don't stop them for photos or whatever. Right, it doesn't mean that that person said.
Speaker 1: I'm not taking photos. Is this is weird.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's a game of telephone that by the time it got to her, it got misconstrued.
Speaker 1: Well, Jessica, if you're listening or anybody who know is listening and telling you this, I love to have you'll be on I choose me my podcast and we can talk about it because I think it's interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would be really interesting.
Speaker 1: It would be Yeah, how these kind of things happen? And also who gives a patuity?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm sure she doesn't now, but at the time maybe it was.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it just felt awkward. Or if somebody told me not to look a person in the eye, I would I would absolutely immediately look them in the eye and then be like, oh my god, I did the rock I look them in the eye with them.
Speaker 2: Because I think of you went on to a show like Friends, right where those people were very close with each other and guest stars came in, and what if some pa mistakenly says to you, like, do not look any of the core six in the eye? You would believe it and you'd be like, oh my god, and then you'd be scared.
Speaker 1: Be scared. Well, either well no, or we'll never know. I'd love to know more. Do you buy that now? Donna's addiction is just over.
Speaker 2: No, Well yes is yes and no because I believe it, because that's how we do it on this show. It's definitely over. But the whole thing is just every storyline I'm not gonna lie is annoying. Every single one. Every single one is annoying. They're annoying.
Speaker 1: My favorite part was at the end when Kelly confesses to Brandon that she still thinks about the baby they lost, and I fully get that.
Speaker 2: Are we sure you were pregnant?
Speaker 1: You were asking me to remember something.
Speaker 2: I remember it as you thought you were pregnant, but then you weren't, and then you find out you can't have kids. Oh you were, okay, Lorraine has corrected me. You definitely were. Then you had a miscarriage, and then you find out it's going to be challenging to carry a baby.
Speaker 1: I think that's what it was. Yeah, and that sets off all kinds of weirdness. Yes, I can imagine being in her position. I've been in her position where you know, you've had struggles with getting pregnant or losing children, but to miscarriage and then you see a baby or you get to hold a baby, it just like rips your heart out.
Speaker 2: I think that's why, if you've got a baby on your porch, you would keep it.
Speaker 1: That's right, damn straight, I'd keep that baby. You know my favorite line about a baby from any movie ever, it's a bar baby in a bar? What's that from Sweet Home, Alabama. I think, oh my gosh, none, which one raising Arizona. Oh yeah, She's like, I want that baby. I want that baby. It's my favorite part. And now anytime my husband and I say it all the time, I want that baby. I don't know. I didn't care for this episode. You gave it a five. I gave it a ten. That's quite a difference. I'm doing the math. You gave it half of what I gave it.
Speaker 2: There's absolutely no way you're giving this episode a ten.
Speaker 1: But that's fine. Tell us what's happening in the world of podcast amy, give us a down the well.
Speaker 2: It's a very it's a very crowded space. There's just a podcast to day coming out, and a lot of podcasts are having video now, which we could talk about and.
Speaker 1: I should talk about that, but it just seems like there's so.
Speaker 2: Many podcasts, and I think podcasts are going to become TV shows. That's my take. That suddenly like there won't be as many talk shows on TV because the talk shows that you like on podcasts will become you will watch them on television.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like you're sitting down with a private interview. Yeah, yeah, absolutely, and that's how it always works. And then what will happen after it becomes TV. This is the thing I don't know.
Speaker 2: This is the thing we need to figure out if we want to be super successful and wealthy. If we could figure that out and then make it happen, we would be so wealthy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got to get ahead of it.
Speaker 2: You always have to be ahead of it. And I don't know because I'm not like so techy. That's my problem. I don't I'm not so techy that I know where tech is going.
Speaker 1: You live in San Francisco.
Speaker 2: You should never take surrounded by all these tech people. But like I don't know, and like I barely understand AI. Do you understand AI?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Great? Do use chap GBT. I don't have one on my phone because I don't like that tracking thing, but I use it on my computer sometime, and I use it to like learn things or you know, like plant the right plants for my zone or whatever. Isn't that just like googling? It is kind of for me.
Speaker 2: I still like the idea that I write it. When your creative comes from me, I don't care for it, like yeah, because it always sounds like AI. Yeah, and when I see those AI songs on TikTok, even though I like the songs the video, immediately are like.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, that's definitely AI. Yeah you can tell like the young Yeah, I don't think i'd be able to tell. Honestly, Yes you would.
Speaker 2: I saw like things where I'm like that celebrity did not say that, and then you're like, yeah.
Speaker 1: That's like fake AI. Would you ever use AI for therapy? No?
Speaker 2: No, but I google. I'll Google and be like here's all my symptoms? What is this? And they're like, well, so I do that.
Speaker 1: No, but like what if I my best friend does it want to be friends with me anymore? Because never should I handle this and the best way for both people?
Speaker 2: Never? No, I would never use AI for that. I would use a therapist, but I would use a book now. I do enjoy a book that gives me answers, or I would watch a real video or read a real article. But no, I don't want to just like ask a computer to tell me.
Speaker 1: What to do. Would you? I think AI has become well, there's two sides to it. Of course, there's the good side and the bad side. But I think it's all the knowledge of any book you've ever read or that's been written. It's all the knowledge from all the world, from all time ever m hm, that's been programmed into these AI platforms. So you're getting like the best of the back. And I really learned this when Deepak Choper was on my podcast when he was telling us that he was starting his own AI platform, and he said, you can get my I can be your personal like therapist kind of person, and you get everything that I've ever written about in any of my nine hundred books. He's written so many books. It's all there right there at your fingertips, and it's in my voice. So he's recorded every word in the language of any of his books, and now the computer can make it form senses of fact.
Speaker 2: No, I think I'd rather just ask you, like literally, do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: Like I don't.
Speaker 2: I think for me, it's the it's sort of the like what do you think?
Speaker 1: What do you feel?
Speaker 2: And I just don't know that AI can feel it the way you could feel it what I'm saying, and I could be right. I mean, that's where I'm at. I'd rather get like shitty advice from you.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm here for you.
Speaker 2: I'd rather if you go. I'm not sure. One time I think maybe I had a similar thing happened. I'm not sure, but I think and this is what I think I did well.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think it's it's useful for business models and people entrepreneurs starting out who need creative assistance, or like.
Speaker 2: Jenny, I missed the old days. I missed the nine two one oh days when I had a cassette player in my car and I had to rewind it. I missed the old days. I miss when I could go into the bank.
Speaker 1: Wait, do you still say, like when you're watching something and you want to go back and rewatch a part, you say, rewind it? Can you just rewind that part? And I also say, did you videotape it? Me too, Let me get a video of you're saying that. But that's that's okay, still a video, but a video tape.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think of other weird, old timey things I say like that, which is like weird that we're the old timers, But like I do have a few things like that where the word is totally antiquated.
Speaker 1: I mean, I love old timer lingo. Tory would tell you like I can pull up some of the funniest like eighty year old woman slogan sayings.
Speaker 2: I want a lollygag all day long too, jomny, I want to sit around and lollygag.
Speaker 1: I know, lollygag.
Speaker 2: And it's gonna be a real hairdoo if that happens.
Speaker 1: See you got it, you know totally.
Speaker 2: I'm like, ah, we're gonna get into real hairdoo if that's what.
Speaker 1: We're dealing with. Oh, I want that, grandma.
Speaker 2: Yeah, old timey stuff is the best I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Gosh, gosh, I love being old. Look at your cheeks.
Speaker 2: Are all I know. I'm so very hot right now. I think it's because I'm in the garage and the fires going.
Speaker 1: Fireplaces on. It's putting off a lot of heat. You guys. She has the fire on her TV behind her.
Speaker 2: And I typed in yule log even though it's June and you can still get a us okay, just and it does look like I have a Christmas tree over there.
Speaker 1: It really does, but I don't.
Speaker 2: But anyway, wait, Jenny going on vacation, so I won't see you for a full week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's a work trip. It's not a vacation.
Speaker 2: But oh I thought it was for fun.
Speaker 1: No, two days of it is fun. Where are you going? I'm going to Paris for doing the show A thing for No, not a thing for cosmetics. I knew what you were doing, that's right. I was just about to say yes. I'm so excited about that. I love that partnership, and Lolla and I are going a couple of days early to do some brand shopping and inspo searching.
Speaker 2: Oh that's cool for your line. Yeah, wait, that's pretty cool. So wait, you'll go and see what's in Paris and then you'll make it for me by Jenny Garth.
Speaker 1: Well you'll you'll get inspiration, yeah, and you'll get ideas about what colorways or patterns are going to be because everything starts in Europe, on the runways in Europe, and then it trickles over to America.
Speaker 2: Can we bring back low low rise?
Speaker 1: I don't know. No, I don't I please. I can't do high rise. I know I can't do it. You seriously, you're telling me you still wear low rise jeans.
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean, and I'm not like wearing them like where everyone sees. But I can't do anything pressing up here. I can't I can't stand that like low rise and elastic waste.
Speaker 1: But you I've if everything I'm making now is got some sort of stretch or elastic, you know, because once you go there, you don't want to go back correct.
Speaker 2: And what's so crazy is like parts of me are fine, but then parts of me are weird, and so the stretch makes it so just all works.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I'm saying? It all it pulls it all together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like put put it, put likra in there.
Speaker 1: These pants got a lot of the last.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's exactly good.
Speaker 1: I like what you're wearing. Are you gonna wear that on QVC? Yes? This is a new idem we're selling it today, a brand new set.
Speaker 2: I mean we might as well say it. How do you How do you find your stuff on QVC? Can you go on qvc dot com and type in me.
Speaker 1: If you go to qvc dot com you type in the search bar me or me by Jenny Garth or Jenny Garth, it'll come up. It'll come up, and you can go to our socials too, which we have so much fun doing creatively with my god.
Speaker 2: I have a request before we go I have a request before we go. You want us to make something more homes goods again. I just want home stuff again. Can you do stuff coming out?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay, great because I really called me home?
Speaker 2: Is it really yeah? Oh my god, that's amazing. Even that's what I want really bad, that's what I really really want.
Speaker 1: I will buy your home stuff was so good before I knew that, I really that stuff was great.
Speaker 2: It was so good that bar Kard, the acrylic bar cart. If you if you watch enough podcast, you're gonna see that acrylic bar.
Speaker 1: I've seen it. Have you seen our stuff on every uh ihearts I walk on, I'm like, oh, there's our pillow or.
Speaker 2: We are not afraid to reuse because we had to buy stuff once you supported us, Yes, and then we just reuse it, reuse it, rease it. Everybody can go and see if you can find Jenny's barkart in multiple shows.
Speaker 1: If you're seeing that, which is something we got to work off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll talk about that. But just so people know, the Jonas brothers are using the BFF parkart. Oh my god, so it's getting a lot of use.
Speaker 1: Okay, have a great week, everybody with a view