Speaker 1: Folks, it's Phil Henry for the World Famous Phil Henry Show. I wanted to very humbly tell you that if you are seeking the entry point of happiness, if you'd like to know where does happiness live? How do I find it? All you need is less than ten dollars per month, less than seven dollars a month. And what do you look at that, Margaret? That is very tasteless, you know, yeah, monsieur, hey, that was good. It wasn't bad. It's tasteless about it.
Speaker 2: The entry point of happiness, and it'll cost you less than ten I don't know.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much for screwing up the promo.
Speaker 2: Well, Phil, that is cynical of you. Do you want to be happy? It'll cost you less than ten. It's almost oh, it's almost like, yeah, you're some guy out.
Speaker 1: In the street, come on in and see the girls take their pants off. That is that's it right there. It was Gretty said that is wait wait, wait a minute, wait a minute, tell him not to welcome. It's the world Famous Phil Henry Show. It's Monday. Some things never change. Get a backstage past the world Famous Phil Henry Show. Listen to our Hall of Fame show, Listen to our podcasts, watch our home movies, Listen to our video casts, and watch our video cast. Watch we perform the show on our video cast. Thousands of hours, man, thousands of hours, all of that stuff, including our podcast from Bobby Dooley and Elcott The Next Step. And we were gonna have doctor Elcott on tonight. We were gonna have doctor Elcott on tonight on account of returning. Yeah, yeah he does. Doctor Elcott has something in his past, haven't you do? With return of the Mac. Oh boy, these guys. Never ends with these guys. Phil, you're the guy that knows these guys. These guys. Yeah, So let me just anyway get a backstage pass. World Fame is Phil Henry Show at Phil Hendryshow dot com. It's the greatest value online other than porn. Now I want it, don Yeah, what are you doing? I'm doing the pre show. Oh well, do just tell me what the complaint is.
Speaker 3: Complain every year now, Phil, on the anniversary of this earthquake that was frightening for everyone. Now I know that you have you seem to walk around with like your badass or something.
Speaker 1: Mister Henry's lived to a lot of earthquakes, and they never scared him. Yes they have. They've scared the hell out of me.
Speaker 3: Well, you're you sure don't show it? I mean you're you're talk about. Oh, I went to this earthquake, that earthquake, and I sat out of the thing. And I did too, Phil, I lived through earthquakes too.
Speaker 1: You told me last year, Don, that you were because of drugs and alcohol. You don't remember any of them.
Speaker 3: When did I? When did I tell you that?
Speaker 1: You told me that on the air. Oh, Don, you did? You said that because of the drug and alcohol problem you had.
Speaker 3: Do you realize I'm akering news a channel light team, I'm a respected news anchor on this town and you guys are making me you guys are you guys are making me sound like some kind of a queer.
Speaker 1: Hey, welcome folks.
Speaker 3: It's Monday, the ninth year of March, and welcome to a new week here in the world famous Phil Henry Show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very interesting tonight to talk to Don Berman.
Speaker 1: This is an anniversary of sorts. Well, Don, Don s very upset about this. I don't blame it. It's an anniversary and I won't get into it. I'll let Don talk about Don Berman is with us from the Channel eighteen newsroom. We will talk with Don about that and you know, so what's happening in the news these days? Don Berman not joining us here for the Channel eighteen newsroom.
Speaker 3: How are you? Yeah? I'm doing good, but I'm feeling it's almost like I'm doing better than you.
Speaker 1: Because I just sort of just said, Don you I meant to say, Don, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm fine to know, I'm as far as it goes. I know that this is the This hasn't ended. I hope you know that for six almost six years, six years, this has been going on and off in my life and to the point now where I openly talk about it and it's affecting I think my relationship with my audience and they see me as a serious newsman. But every don't have to explain this.
Speaker 1: I understand Don. That's why we have you on and that we want to try to get I don't know, do whatever we can to help this thing just pass into the into the past.
Speaker 3: Well, it's it's not going to happen because because of the shows that you've done, and you did you did one show, the original, then you did a memory last year where I talked about this.
Speaker 1: Well, Don you agreed to come on the show last year and talk about and explain it.
Speaker 3: Yes, I know I did. I have to say this. I love you Phil, I love you Shore. I am so sorry I did that because there I have sprung up. Now that Don Berman sits in the anniversary, Don sits on the earthquake. They have the picnic even Channel nineteen says Don sits in it, don't you? And it's earthquake preparedness.
Speaker 1: She'd explain people, don't you're sitting in the earthquake? Yes, hold on, hold on, No, that's.
Speaker 3: All right, I feel I mean, why cover it up. It's the time that the earthquake hit in a thousand Oks. The episode of was on Thousand Oaks back in the summer of twenty twenty, and I went ahead and shooting as hel run Martin Field. I want to say, no, don tweet this is run Martin. I want to say. Don Berman has been a stalwart in the news community of Los Angeles for many years. Don Berman has brought the news to the people of Los Angeles. He's done it steadfastly, he's done it selflessly, and for all of a sudden people have Don Berman. Uh, witness past picnics and these kind of we that Don Burman sits in it.
Speaker 2: I haven't heard of anything called witness pants picnic. I heard him sits in it.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's right, and hold on, Don, I got it.
Speaker 1: Well, I heard what he's gonna say.
Speaker 3: What about Channel nighteen? Channel nineteen's doing a Don Berman sits in at picnic to help booster earthquake preparedness and awareness. That's the only reason. But I don't like seeing this man harassed, and I particularly I'm not pleased that he's on your show tonight.
Speaker 1: We will be as as as respectful as we can, mister Martin, but we have to talk to him. And what's Don doesn't want to you?
Speaker 3: I used to want to talk to him. I have to. What am I supposed to do? Now? It sounds like you're covered now, it sounds like, hey, Don crapped his pants. Oh, let's not talk about it. I'm l Ron Martin. Thanks a lot. He just dropped the phone of the floor.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I have to go to that. He said that the reason why they're having the Don Berman went in his pants a memorial.
Speaker 3: No, it's Don Berman. Still, Please don't say that thrill because now everybody's going to go, oh, that's what it was. We got a lot of people asking what has it been? Don Berman sits in it earth Wait preparedness, and it gives me some breathing space. It gives me Okay, now I can explain it, and I don't have to walk in a room full of people who already know that I that you did it. Yes, but it's right that I did it. I did it in a pair of brand new slacks. I'll never forget that day.
Speaker 1: So Don, I don't want to keep going over this.
Speaker 3: Man. We did it last year. The original event happened. Uh, and Uh, you wanted to complain.
Speaker 1: You wanted to come on this this year to complain to me about what we've done.
Speaker 3: You guys won't shut up about it. That's the problem. You just put up.
Speaker 1: You heard the examples that I gave of the community commemorating you, you know, going to the bathroom in your pants.
Speaker 3: Going to the bathroom in my pants.
Speaker 1: Well you did, Don, You used your pants as the bathroom.
Speaker 3: I deprecated, all right, Don come on. Phil's just simply bringing this up because it's out there in the community. It's out there in the community on the how of you guys bringing it up all the time.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's the case at all. A Channel nineteen they jumped the gun on this step. We didn't do anything. Channel nineteen says, well, let's say Don Berman sat in the earthquake earthquake Preparedness week Boy.
Speaker 3: That's what I didn't understand a word you said. You're like, that's that's what it sounded like, Dawn. Channel nineteen is sponsoring that Don Berman sat in it Memorial Weekend and picnic to promote earthquake preparedness?
Speaker 1: Am I right? Am I wrong?
Speaker 3: You're right? Yeah? Okay, I'm not saying excuse me. I'm not saying you're not right. I'm saying, though that the God. Let me say this, Phil, I will regret for the rest of my life.
Speaker 1: You'll regret for the rest of your life coming on this show.
Speaker 3: Yes, I will, as much as I love you, Phil, And I was suggested you love done. You know what I do. Love Don. His name's Berman, and I loved him and what he's taken as he goes to his day and given news to the people of Los Angeles in southern California and I'm waddling around because I haven't even taken my That's the way that they went.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry to hear that done.
Speaker 3: Oh sure, that whole day Phil, from the midday report until the evening news, I didn't have a chance to take my underwear offer my pants off. I just waddled about the newsroom, people looking at me because I stuck like an open sewer.
Speaker 1: All right, then let's not talk about it anymore.
Speaker 3: Well I have to now, Okay, I'm on your program, and they wanted me to tell run Marton just wanting from my earthquake preparedness time. Hi, folks, it's Don Burman. Be ready for any earthquake at any time. I'm Don Burman, and this is the Don Berman sat in that weekend long ago, some six years ago, almost here at Channel nineteen News. I was in the newsroom, but an earthquake hit in the Thousand Oaks area of southern California. It was so strong that I quite frankly, had an involuntary muscular reaction to it. Everything just opened up, didn't I wasn't nervous, I wasn't scared. Just suddenly all the muscles in me relaxed, and every just.
Speaker 1: Yet.
Speaker 3: Stuff just came out into your pants. Jesus.
Speaker 1: Okay, don I again, I apologize. I did not mean to embarrass you. You know me better than that.
Speaker 3: I hope, I hope, I yes, I do. Phil. You're I know you to be a fair man. Okay, I I don't know you to be to be a What's what is that? Oh? God damn it, you got to turn that down. Who is that You're coming from the next studio? Kids?
Speaker 1: God damn is that return of am I hearing Return of the Mac?
Speaker 3: Yes, you're here in return? Okay. You know why. I know why the plane is not done. This is because of Julie. You know. Well, do you think this is going to tighten up my bowels or something? So I won't if you want to shut your past? You still doing? Uh ow ow ow ow ow Are you kidding me? Man? What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: What are you talking about? You gotta.
Speaker 3: Here? It is right, isn't home? Oh boy? Don you know how many guys have been on this show now have had an issue with Return of the Mac. I don't care. I'm in the middle of the Don Berman. You know done sat in that weekend? Can you imagine being in love with a beautiful girl, and you just sat into I got up, I walked a little in the newsroom. I looked at Julie. I said, I said, hi, how are you, Julie? And she said hi, Don, And sudden you could see her face change. She wished she could smit sliff the air. You're telling me she was in the newsroom when you you know, when you sat in your when you yeah, when I went ahead and I dumped in my band. God, damn it, there right there there it is once again, well done have you?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Why can't we turn that off? It's in the other studio. It's in a studio in a nice building. Kid, I can't turn it down. I set Joey with it to turn it off, all right, Don, I won't even ask yet. Name was Julie. She was a girl. I had a summer fling with her. It was great. She was great. And then she met some guy who empties garbage cans around here.
Speaker 1: So she ran off with some guy who empties garbage cans.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's right, yeah here. I am Don Berman, top name, one of the biggest names in LA news on the on the air every night that I'm wanted the five to six, the seven, eight, eight, thirty nine. I don't know, I forget how many.
Speaker 1: You're basically on all day pretty much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and instead instead of dating me, going out with me some guy who emptied the garbage cans up back. She said, oh god, I got to be with this guy.
Speaker 1: Done. I'm sorry to hear that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ok I get that up date. Okay, okay, done, I'm sorry. They're going to turn it down in a minute. What do you mean in a minute, I guess they're having a dance contest. To say they're having a dance contest.
Speaker 1: Let's get back to let let's just get back to Don Berman at Channel nineteen. You had had big earthquake.
Speaker 3: You went ahead, and you embarrassingly evacuated into your pants, you know. And I want people to know, Phil, it wasn't me going ooh, it was simply everything relaxed. I wasn't scared. I was looking around and I noticed something warm going down my leg. God, damn me, Hey, don do you want them to turn it off? Tell them to turn that music off? So, Phil, I was simple to say to you and everyone else, you know, thanks for nothing, Dodd.
Speaker 1: I didn't bring you on here, and I just we were going to commemorate the earthquake and the fact that they've named the day after you.
Speaker 3: The whole city of Los Angeles is name Don Berman sat in it. Thank you Phil Henry, oh for got cut it down?
Speaker 1: And her name is what the girl that broke your heart?
Speaker 3: Her name was Julie. Julie mentioning her and we had a three beautiful months. And some guy showed up to empty the garbage cans out in the alley and she went, I gotta have me some of that done.
Speaker 1: I promise you we will never bring it up again as long as I live on this show. Is that all right?
Speaker 3: Whoa hold on? Oh, I'm on it. Yeah, I'll bet you are well done?
Speaker 1: Did you were you? Was it the return of the Dun?
Speaker 3: You know? I could tell you this. I came into the news room one day and there she was with the guy who empt these garbage cans, and they were sharing a molded milk or whatever the hell it was. And I walked by them and I was doing kind of a dance step, and I go, return of Berman, Return of Berman once again.
Speaker 1: Return You're doing exactly what Ted Bell did.
Speaker 3: I don't know who he is. Oh, oh, the guy with the restaurant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's exactly what did he saw the girl and he said.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't really care what idiot. What I did is I walked over to her and I went return of Don Berman. Yes, no, you lied to me. You lied to me. You know. I turned to her and I looked at it. I said, you lie to me. Yes, I high hid. And what did she do? She kept on kissing this guy. That this guy had the garbage can.
Speaker 1: So she ignores you pretty much.
Speaker 3: Yeah. You know when I said watch my flow and I did the lid kick, she didn't see that. So I am. I'm over her, Phil. The only thing I'm not over is this annual commemoration of Don Berman taking out taking a full two three pound dump.
Speaker 1: In his pants in his beads.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, you know. I feel we got a lot of people writing and calling and saying Phil's just losing it. He's getting more and more juvenile as these days go by. The material is all about crapping the pants. Yeah, a lot of the people are seeing it.
Speaker 1: Mister any Well, I'm so sorry about that. That's my life right now. Okay, your life is knowing people that trap their pants. Yeah, pretty much. You heard him. Then My life is being around people who have problems that are so juvenile. It's amazing that they have the professional standing. Like Don Berman does television news. You know, yeah, Don Berwin. I mean, he's their Channel eighteen news. I A'm Don Berman.
Speaker 3: You know you know what I mean? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okaymis Jenry God. Yeah, well what are you saying?
Speaker 3: I'm saying.
Speaker 1: When you rely on a man to give you the day's the day's news and he goes, excuse me, but I just went ahead and I let one go in my pants, then you don't trust him anymore. You don't know, you no longer have any trust in him. Well, that's not Don Berman's case, because the last I checked, his ratings is still pretty good. I think it's because he's been so honest about it, and I'm very happy that we lent some support to that. Now, if he's being mocked by people, we'll stop talking about it. There you go, hey, that you should have started that like a year after this thing happened. Should have just not even and we should have had him on last year. We had him on as an anniversary of sorts and sorry that we did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's Don Berman. Get a backstage pass to the Phil Henry Show and you can get it for a month. You can get it for a year less than ten dollars for the month. Listen. So I'm very angry and upset that Phil said to me they were going to tonight we were going to talk a little bit about how this thing's been blown out of proportion. And Don Berman is a great news band. And just because I went ahead and I went in my underwear, and you know, because the earthquake, all of that stuff was going to be put the rest tonight instead. This is l Ron Martin done. Just sit down over here. Well, okay, so get a backstage No, I don't want to do it. Get a backstage past to the Phil Henry Show at Phil hendryshow dot com. The greatest value online other than pawn And go to the merch store too and get some Don Berman merch. They have Don Berman merch I think they do. Yeah. Oh, and I'm not getting any money. I'll talk to you later Phil about that.
Speaker 1: This Hey, welcome, is Phil Henry here back? Stephen Mosella is joining us now from Corona, California. Are you getting the car washed, Steve, that's what they.
Speaker 3: Said, is the car watching Bill up bing On a second, Steve is.
Speaker 1: Going to join me here for just a little bit of a contemporary news talk. I suppose Steve, you've been following the action in Iraq. It's not Iraq, I run.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the thing. People were complained about you, mister dry last week. But you kept saying Iraq instead of Iran, and you she really carved it up a little bit. No.
Speaker 1: I know that we had to go back in and edit all that out and reinsert the word Iran instead of Iraq. But you have been following this pretty carefully.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's of interest to every American, and I think we're doing good. I think that you know, Prisident Trump is nold onime to going this is the waxing. This just the wax. Yeah. The guys that are watching the car at the very end of the tunnel there you're doing. It's being wax right now. Kid.
Speaker 1: Can you can hear me?
Speaker 3: Right? I can hear your fine, Phil. Yeah, the Iran situation I think is under control. I think I know that President Trump is doesn't not he does not and that he don't have excuse me, I'm kind of nervous. He doesn't have no military experience, you know. So, and I know that he's a man that know, that knows his own mind. So I think he sat down and I know President Trump's informalt, so he probably scribbled out some things and just said to Pete, hegseth, okay, get it done, you know. And that's the kind of that's kind of commander. We yet, what is that? That's the kind of chief chief of chief, commander that we have, commander in chief, command, Yeah, commander in chief that we have that he'll just scribble some things out on a napkin, get it done, and he'll go back and have himself a coffee or what have you.
Speaker 1: So you you think that's what Trump's doing, how he's scribbling some things on a napkin.
Speaker 3: I think that he is very very brilliant. And I know, I know what a lot of people are thinking, and I think it too. He doesn't have all of military experience in the world, and thinking of a guy like that, who you know, he's not. He doesn't look like he's in the military, because obviously he enjoys to have hamburgers and he enjoys to have the different milkshakes. Uh So some people say, well, there's not a lot of self self discipline there.
Speaker 1: But how is this stuff?
Speaker 3: How is this? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, how long is.
Speaker 3: The car wash? We're almost done.
Speaker 1: Because you've been sitting in that car wash down for the last couple of minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know we're almost done. I know that he likes he enjoys milkshakes, and he has a different sandwich is you know, with a lot of mayonnaise. I don't know, but I think when push comes to show, he's going to show organization.
Speaker 1: And how do you think he's doing so far? As a commander of this this action in Iran?
Speaker 3: You're calling it. See, it's an action, it's not a war. You even said that. I'm calling it an action to be respectful, and I don't want people to flip out on me.
Speaker 1: Okay, how well do you think he's doing?
Speaker 3: I think he's doing good. I think he's doing real good for a guy that's never had no he's not never had no experience. Okay, I told lot of it. I'm repeating the cycle. I've been in the car here now ten minutes. Can I get out? Of this car, thank you. They're gonna turn it off for a God, it doesn't have any military experience I think he's doing Okay, I know they blew up a school or something.
Speaker 1: Well that's what they're saying. I don't think I've come back with a final word on that.
Speaker 3: But the thing that makes me nervous about President Trump, as much as I admire him, and I have a photography hobby, mister Henry, that I've been allowed to take pictures of the President when he's at different engagement I've seen.
Speaker 1: I've seen him on your on your ex speed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I I just want to know. I want to make sure that he knows.
Speaker 1: What he's doing, you know, because he don't you think he has good military advice.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I mean, I don't know how many guys have the guts to go up to him and say, you know, this is probably in such a good idea. And while I support the President one thousand percent, I want you to know that. Okay, this thing and I ran, It's got me on the edge of my seat, only because I know, as much as I love the President, he can't stay away from He's a guy that can't stay away from a mc burglar meal, you know, and you wonder about the discipline you see it. As much as you love the president, he's a guy that can't stay away from a mcburglar meal.
Speaker 1: Talking about McDonald's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm basically saying he's a great band, he's a great president, and I know he's going to do good, even as I see him have another another sandwiches on me. See what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: He's so you don't see a lot of personal discipline there.
Speaker 3: It's hard to say, but I want to be I want to believe in the president. I want to believe in But when he's I don't know, man. But he wears his hat at the funeral, and then they made him take it off, and then they had to choll not wear a hat.
Speaker 1: Do you think he's forgetting? You know, a lot of people are thinking the following thing. Steven. I'll just say it is.
Speaker 3: Don't you say he's losing his mind.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to say that, man. I am going to say though that some people think there's a little bit of dementia.
Speaker 3: No way, no, not President Trump. There's no dementia. He is very disciplined. Except yeah, he likes to have corn beef sandwiches and that kind of thing. My understanding is, I didn't know we like corn beef. The president is a very disciplined man, but he enjoys the corn beef sandwich. He has milk, he has the corn beef sandwich, He has a milkshake with a corn beef sandwich. And yeah, and he that he doesn't the Kentucky chicken. So, in other words, I don't want people to think there's no discipline there. He's a very disciplined man. He's a very exactly man. He knows the plan, but.
Speaker 1: He likes to have mayonnaise sandwiches.
Speaker 3: I saw him take a white bread and some mayonnaise.
Speaker 1: Well what did he do with it?
Speaker 3: What do you think? He put the mayonnaise on two piece of bread, two pieces of bread and ate it. And yeah, probably a dozen, I don't know, a dozen mayonnaise sandwiches, mister Henry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Steve, you're saying this scared you too. This worries you.
Speaker 3: It worries me only that the president can't relax because he's got guys like you and the whole media breathing down his neck. He can't sit down and relax and have a couple of pounds of fudge or whatever it is that he wants to have.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, a couple of pounds of fudge not healthy for a man of his weight and his age.
Speaker 3: The man is do it? The man? Do you know what he's given up to help our country? And he sits down and he has a bat of the home friese or he wants to have something.
Speaker 1: I don't know, all right, So you're seeing him not have a very healthy look at dude. You know, the president do whatever the hell he wants. It's worrying you though, as a as a voter, as a as an American citizen, because you don't think he's making good decisions that way.
Speaker 3: I didn't say that, mister Henry.
Speaker 1: I don't think I know if.
Speaker 3: He's saying that, he's just saying, you're afraid he's gonna make bad decisions because he's eating a lot of grease or something. He's eating a lot of a lot of mayonnaise. He's yes, I know there's a lot of mayonnaise going on, and there's some grease, and I don't know that. Once you pack it all in, you can see that he helps in I can tell he's waddling more than he ever has. And when he starts to waddle off after he's made a good statement like we're gonna win, and around we're gonna win, and ir on, we're gonna win, and her on, and then he turns and kind of rocks back and forth.
Speaker 1: You're you're not filled with confidence.
Speaker 3: No I'm not. I'm not filled with confidence. Okay, so these are the things, and you have to understand something. As long as I've known his president's luck, can we get out of this car wash? Please? For God's sake, I've just let me get out of here. Okay, I'm everybody says, let me do it? All right, Steve Jr. Just put this on. You can take this off right now, Steve Junior, take it off. What.
Speaker 1: I don't want to hear return of the Mac on this show ever again as long as I live.
Speaker 3: Yay, all.
Speaker 1: We didn't do what I mean that It sounds like his kid did that. Get him back in the line, will you, mister will? Is it missus Bozil? Oh, mister Bozil, give me the phone. But you hey, Steve, Steve, you're there right here. You got to get your kid out of control? Is he the one that turned it up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Steve Jr. Turn it off? Okay. Do you know what isn't doing to mean? The lady that Yeah, well, the lady that I have.
Speaker 1: I don't want to hear this. God, it sounds like there's an animal outside trying to trying to grade in, trying to get in. Yeah, okay, let's just call it a day here. The World Famous Phil Henry Show, World Famous Phil Hendry Show Executive produced by Phil Hendry for Scampery Incorporated. All rights reserved here on iHeart Podcast United.
Speaker 3: Yeah,