Speaker 1: The best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: It's Listener Q and day time.
Speaker 1: We're Morgan in a show member answer almost all your questions.
Speaker 2: It's Listener Q and a time. Mike D is joining me. Mike D.
Speaker 3: How you feeling feeling good? Ready to answer some questions?
Speaker 2: Yeah, We've got it all okay. So I love now people are kind of combining their shout outs with their questions, so we have shout outs now, intermix get into questions. It comes different every week. Hear any more on the show and giggles in the news space. I love it. How are you liking it? Christy in Houston?
Speaker 3: I just feel more comfortable having my own MIC now. I usually keep it down for the majority of the time just because I'm usually like slamming my keys pretty hard and I don't want it picking up. But it just feels more comfortable not having to walk over to lunchboxes mic. And that also adds a level of like being flustered when you have to go over like adjust it a little bit and then speak. Yeah. I would always fel like I was like rushing into everything that I would get brought into. So now just having like my own space, having my own mic. I can turn it on, turn it off. That just feels more comfortable, and I feel like I can approach things with a clearer head.
Speaker 2: Well, and you don't have to share a lunchbox with a microphone with lunchbox because I have.
Speaker 3: To walk over, like hunch over the camera shot looks weird. So yeah, it's just a little bit more comfortable. And I also like that I'm the only one who stands the whole time, and I was able like to fix my mic where I could like have it adjusted all the way up, So that also just feels like I can look and still stand and feel comfortable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you're moving around, you're handing papers to Bobby all the time, and you're doing multiple things, so you like need the space to roam, and now you have that.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's I love it.
Speaker 2: And you're next to Bobby so you don't have to go across the whole studio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like just handing them stories like throughout the show is just easier because I can just lean over hand it to them. It's a lot easier to get his attention if there is something happening. So I just like the space I'm in now that I don't have to walk all the way over to hand them things or just walk over to a mic.
Speaker 2: I think what is so cool about like this is a little behind the scenes for everyone, is that this is such a well oiled machine. It has been for years, but now everybody knows what they need, what they want, how to operate that. When this new studio got built, it was like we got to do everything that we needed to have done to continue to operate on. Like it's like we had this great working car and we took it into the oil shop and they put like magic oil in it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's kind of what this new studio is for us. There's still things that we're working out and kings and stuff. With a new place, that's just kind of what happens. But I do feel like we're kind of working on this magic oil now where we have all of the tools we need to operate very efficiently.
Speaker 3: Does that make sense, Yeah, I would agree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's our new studio for everybody. Okay, where do you both keep your CMA Awards? Elena from Manitoba, Canada.
Speaker 3: Mine is currently stacked onto my other one. What I don't have a place to display it.
Speaker 2: What about in your studio with all your other stuff.
Speaker 3: I need like a shelf or something, because I don't even have shells for all like my collectibles. They're just on other things that I found, like little slices of like a little ledge to put them on. But I don't have any place to display something like that.
Speaker 2: And you need to display. How many do you have? Now?
Speaker 3: Two?
Speaker 2: You have two? Okay, that's amazing. Is that so cool?
Speaker 3: It just feel weird the you have too, with like my name on it? Like the first one I got was like the first award I ever got in anything. Like, I've never had an award with my name on it?
Speaker 2: Did you? Was it the year? Because I remember getting a plaque from Bobby. This was back before they had put all of our names on it to get awards. Do you have the plaque still too?
Speaker 3: I have, Yes, I have a plaque, and then I also have a mirror ball trophy with my name on it. And then you gave us and I think maybe it could be two plaques.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think there's two for a Yeah, that's what it was, because at this point I know, at least when I've been on the show, we have one four Cmas and one ACM in my time on the show, and I think yours would be even a little bit more because you've been on the show longer.
Speaker 3: I think the CMA's is four total. Yeah, it's four total. I think this was our fourth really, yeah, because I have had the same reaction.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's fine, true, Okay, all right, so look at that plural. But mine is currently underneath my TV like setting up on a thing. But I'm actually, since my family's in town this weekend and on my dad's list of to dos, I'm hanging floating shelves in my living room and that's where they will go, which I'm really excited to finally have them on actual full display, yeah, versus like a random place that I needed to have them out because they're so cool, but it really wasn't showing off. So now I'm definitely gonna show off. Floating shelves is gonna be the first thing you see when you walk in, Like, I'm proud, this is my accomplishment. What is your favorite Christmas movie? Kirsten from Also Canada shout out Canada.
Speaker 3: Favorite Christmas movie? Hmmm, See the thing is like I feel like Christmas movies are more about we'll rewatchability and the memory you have with each Christmas movie.
Speaker 2: That's definitely true.
Speaker 3: I feel different about like my favorite movies of all time, my favorite Christmas movies. So if I went to the movie, I go back and rewatch the most that makes me feel more like it's most like it's Christmas. It's Home Alone, Like that is just my comfort Christmas movie. I think that's the best one.
Speaker 2: Do you do you like all the other ones? Scoop and I were talking about this the other week. He was talking about how his kid loves hamlone, but he's like, the first one's the only good one. Did you watch all the other ones? Because now there's also a new one too.
Speaker 3: Two is good. Lost in New York is good. Okay, that one feels less Christmas y and then Home Alone three is not Micaulay Culkin. That's when they kind of went downhill. I think there's a four. And there's the one that came out on Disney Plus that's kind of the reboot. And yeah, that one's not very good. Okay, So it really just wanted to I really just wanted to.
Speaker 2: But the one is what you watch on repeat, Okay, that's a good one. Do you like haller Grinsteal Christmas? That one's mine.
Speaker 3: I do love that one. That's nice, feels like warm Christmas to me, Like, yeah, that is one that we usually put on while we're doing gifts and my wife and I, Okay, that feels like background, good Christmas vibes.
Speaker 2: It so is. It's like the first one I will always watch every season, though underrated one is for Christmases.
Speaker 3: That's a yeah. That's when my wife exposed me to I hadn't seen that one before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, super underrated.
Speaker 3: We had a good quote to that one.
Speaker 2: It's never the one anybody's gonna choose for their favorite Christmas movie because it's not the full like, it doesn't have the nostalgia that a lot of the other ones have. But it's so good. It's so underrated.
Speaker 3: I think it's been out enough now where it's entering that point that people have rewatched it enough that it's like a modern classic.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I hope so, because even just Tim mcgawl like seeing Tim mcgral and that one is awesome. Vince Vaughn, which I did tell this is random and off tangent. I'll get back, I tell Blake Sheldon that he reminds me of Vince Vaughn because he does. He is Vince von Vince Vaughn is Blake Shelton in looks and personality, personality, vibes, like character, everything about them. As he was in our studio, It's like who who is he reminding me of? And I couldn't place it. And then finally when we were doing Team Marrion motes, I literally have like the light bulb. It's like you're Vince Vaughn. They're the way that their humor works, and how like he's so quick and just the way that he talks and interacts with things reminds me of how we see Vince Vonn and movies. Maybe not Vince vond in person, I've never met him, I don't know, but Vince Vaughn in movies is how Blake Shelton is in real life.
Speaker 3: I guess I see Vince Vaughn Moore as like a really fast talker and like whenever he does dialogue, it's like so quick.
Speaker 2: He is known for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Blake Shelton he is quick, but I feel when he speaks he has like that southern draw he does, but like visually, I can kind of see it. They're both tall.
Speaker 2: The visually thing too, but it's it's the quick wittedness because Blake always comes back with the quickest little You're like, really, what that came out of nowhere? And that's Vince Vaughn for me in movies. He's so quick witted. Anyways, Tangent's gone. Allison from Texas would like to know what shoes you like to run in.
Speaker 3: I am Brooks all day. I've run and everything. I started running probably about ten years ago and have tried every single running shoe from Nikes to like anything the shoe store would recommend to me. I'd go to running stores and be like, for your feet, you should wear this. With my feet though, like I have a wide foot, so it's hard for me to find running shoes. I usually have to size up because since my foot is wide, I need like a little bit more space. So I found that for the runs I do, Brooks are just the most comfortable to me.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've heard great things about them. My parents also wear them all the time and they're big runners. My mom is and and my sister and they all wear Brooks.
Speaker 3: I think for like the durability alone, they last a long time. I feel they last more than any other running shoe I've had, And overall, like I don't have to worry about my feet, which is a big thing with runners of like just how impactful like the cmen is on your foot, Like, I don't worry about that at all.
Speaker 2: Have you ever considered running barefoot? This is a random question. Also another random tangent, and I'll be done.
Speaker 3: I tried a pair of running shoes that were very light, and it felt like I was running almost barefoot, and I did not enjoy it because you could feel the rocks on your feet. Yeah, and I think I did probably run faster, but it probably would have just wrecked my feet in the long run, because I think those are meant more for like short distances, quick races. So I can imagine with that level of like a small amount of cushion on my feet, running barefoot would just annihilate them. Maybe on a track.
Speaker 2: Well, I was curious because you know all those people will be like being barefoot is so good for you, back to the old ways. I'm just curious with running.
Speaker 3: I've seen a guy on the trail I go on, who walks barefoot, and I just like I couldn't do it, just because I've seen the things that are on the trail of Like sometimes there's glass, sometimes there's a nail here in there. Oh yeah, and you're just like like itching for a c on your feet.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: And I'm a big baby. If something hits, it hits any part of my body, and just like the slightest inconvenience, why I'm like, oh that hurts.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I'm really sensitive about my toes. Like if I'm in the kitchen and I drop something that's going to hit the floor, like I immediately like scoop my feet because I don't want anything hitting them. You know.
Speaker 2: They say when you have into like these kind of interesting fears, is like that's how you died in a different life. So maybe it's something with your toes.
Speaker 3: Something fell on my foot and crushed me and I bled to death.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but that's what your toes things remind me. I could be wrong. Can we have a segment where we get mailback updates? Please? Abby in Tennessee mailbag updates.
Speaker 3: I think we used to do that a little bit more.
Speaker 2: I don't feel like people write in and share updates.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they usually don't. I think whenever we did get an update, we would do it, but people usually don't like right back in to say how things went.
Speaker 2: Okay, so maybe this here and now, if you're hearing this and you've written into the mailbag we've talked about on the show, share an update, and if you are going to in the future, remember to share an update.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and try to find the original email that you sent and reply to that one, and that way you can find it easier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll make Mike's life a lot easier.
Speaker 3: And we get a lot of just like random requests in there too.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, keep it the mail bag.
Speaker 3: It's the mail which is hard to filter through because it's like here's an actual somebody writing in wanting advice, but then there's like other people who either want something from Bobby, want us to get them something, or just have just the complaint, which of course you're going to get those here and there.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, keep the mail bag clear for advice. What are we doing? All right, We're gonna take one more quick break and our one break. I guess guys, I'm on all steam here, all right, We'll be our back. We've got Chris in Massachusetts who said, you both have great taste of music. So top three current artists in any genre you go first.
Speaker 3: I have great taste of music. I feel like I have thinks you do. I feel like I have like I'm so oddly specific in the music. I like that. In a point in my life, I thought I was into the greatest music ever and everybody needed to listen to the same music that I did. And then as I got older, I'm like, I just like what I like and I don't really care if anybody else likes this.
Speaker 2: That's fair, but still tell because Chris would like to know.
Speaker 3: Number One right now is Tyler the Creator. He put out an album like a few weeks ago, maybe a month now, and he dropped it on a Monday, which I love that idea. And now everybody puts out music on Fridays, and there's so much new music on Fridays. And that was a shift from back when people used to put out music on Tuesdays. But I guess the idea was like going into the weekend, you get people and now I'm to listen to and he's like, I want to change that. I want to put an album out on a Monday, so you can have the whole week to experience it. And I think that was great because I listened to it on a Monday, listen to it for the entire week, and now i'd say for the last three weeks, or for three weeks straight, I was listening to it every single day all the way through.
Speaker 2: Dang, Tyler the Creator's got a good album over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that is the way to put out music.
Speaker 3: Put it out that you spend the whole week with it, get to know it, and then by the time the weekend rolls around, you already are familiar with the songs that are enjoying it more.
Speaker 2: Okay, but at least two if you think of it, that makes your Mondays better versus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it gave me something toward too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Okay, So Tyler the Creator, who's two and three.
Speaker 3: Two, I'd say at the moment, I guess because of listening so much to Tyler the Creator, I wanted to go back and listen to some music that probably inspired him. So I've been listening to a lot of Wu Tang Clan okay, throw back East Coast rap that I feel like at the time when I listened to it. It kind of blew my mind because not only are they like really great just rappers into their delivery, they have like amazing lyrics that I feel that nobody else really does anymore. And some of the stuff now it does feel a little bit dated to the times, like very like late nineties. But that is just like my favorite thing to run to right now, Like it gets me hype, it motivates me to keep going. And it just also now kind of weird, weirdly feels in the nostalgic because it is like twenty five almost thirty years old now.
Speaker 2: And they don't have any new music do they.
Speaker 3: No, they're not really doing They have all gone off and done side projects and solo so they're not as a unit really existing anymore. God and Go put out random things every now and then, but yeah, they're not really around.
Speaker 2: Okay, you would know more than me. That's why I asked the remark Razer if not one and number three.
Speaker 3: Number three is Medium Build, who has been like my favorite new artist for a while now. He just put out an EP and he is the new artist that anytime he puts out any music, it becomes my favorite, whether it's a song, whether it's just the EP, there's just something about his style which is very like indie but also kind of country because he's based in Nashville. Now, I just feel like that music right now speaks to me, and it's music that I like to listen to. While either.
Speaker 1: It's good driving music.
Speaker 3: Which I feel like I always look for, like that music you can put on and it feels like you're in a movie and you feel like the song is connecting with you.
Speaker 2: Right now, make yourself the main character.
Speaker 3: You can turn it on super loud and you like feel it in your soul, Like that is what I love.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's a good one. That's a good feeling too.
Speaker 3: And it's not even so much about lyrics to me, I think anymore, which I used to be big on, like I had to like buy into what the person was saying. I think I just like vibes now, like I just like the feeling it gives you.
Speaker 2: We're getting older, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm with you.
Speaker 2: You less relate to the lyrics and your angst, you know, like your teen inks and your.
Speaker 3: It's more the emotion of it, Like how a song makes me feel I think is important now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look at us growing and evolving, so proud. Okay, those are good ones. We're on different levels, but I'm glad to know you have a little bit of country in there. Now. Yeah, that's a new one for you. I mine are Cameron Whitcomb, who if you're on a Noah concake or in that kind of vibe of music back to vibes. He is in that realm and he is so good. He had a new one that came out called Medusa that I can't stop playing on repeat, has another one called Love Myself. A lot of his stuff is really good. And then Kinsey Kate is another one. She's a more pop artist, but she has a song that sampled a movie or a TV show quote from Sex and the City where it's mister Big and Carrie and he goes, I don't get it, and she goes, I never you never did, and then it goes into this whole day like someday someone's gonna treat you right and do all these things, and it is a vibe. You want to talk about a movie song? That one makes me feel like I'm in a movie. It's like the beat hit. So I'm like, yes, so that's good. I'm stuck on her and then really been on a Jesse Murf kick lately too. I don't know if you've listened to herself. I feel like you would like her in the vibe of having a little a little bit of country mm hmm, without two bunch of countries. She's a little bit more rock and she has a super raspy voice. But I love her latest album that was really good. So that's where we're at.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Is it like sad because I like sad country.
Speaker 2: She has sad ones and she also has a collap with Bailey's summoman called someone in This Room that is insanely Their two voices together are butter They are so so good. But she has sad ones on there too, but they're more sad rocker ish.
Speaker 3: Interesting than sad.
Speaker 2: I would say. There's a funny one on there too that's like something about get My Gun, and I'm like, I don't think I would have liked this on but for some reason I love it. So those are the good ones. How did you meet your wife? Jessica from Prescott, Arizona, Love You Guys?
Speaker 3: Met on bumble. I was in Austin, where she lives, and got on bubble. I think the story is she swiped left on me first, oh one time in Austin. Went back to Austin and I popped up again and then she swiped right.
Speaker 2: So what you're saying is that sometimes the second time is the charm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't give up.
Speaker 2: Okay. And you guys went on your first day in Austin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we went to matt'el Rancho in Austin was our first day. And oddly enough, when we went back to Austin a few weeks ago, we went to the Texas game. Afterwards, we went to matzel Rancho with her family, my sister and my sister in law, and we sat like two tables away from the table that we had our first data at. We're like, weird, this is cool being back here, but we try to make it a point to go back there as much as possible, just because it feels like nostalgic. Yeah, that's where something significant happened.
Speaker 2: What about when was the time you guys had the conversation of her moving at what point of Grace's relationship.
Speaker 3: That for us? We were dating for two years long distance. We got together in twenty eighteen and then twenty twenty when the pandemic hit. She was still living in Austin. I was living here. She was at a point where she could work remotely with her job. So she was like, we were both miserable. We were alone, we were sad all the time, and she was like, if I just go and work from there, my work will be fine with it. And that turned into maybe us just thinking that was going to be a month because nobody knew what was going to happen. Yeah, turned into two months, turned into I think my lease is up at the end of July. I'm not going to renew it. I'm just gonna live here.
Speaker 2: Okay, a little love story between the two, so Bumble can work. I don't know about now. I think Bumble's in a different space, but Bumble can work.
Speaker 3: Bumbles dead now, all of them are.
Speaker 2: Well, they're like the version where there's all the ads and you're paying for everything and if you want to find love basically like you have to pay like the premium subscription. Dang, you have to pay for love, literally, and I'm not doing it. So just like you're trying to meet friends in the real world, I'm trying to meet my person in the real world. That's where we're at right now. Will you and your wife be getting a pet soon? Michelle and Apple Valley, California.
Speaker 3: I don't think anytime soon, even though my wife at least once or twice three times a week shows me a dog as she's found that she wants to rescue, and it's like, look at this dog, it's so cute, look at his name.
Speaker 2: So what you're saying is you're the one holding you back.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Probably, And I think it's just because we're still I think she would love a dog to keep her company during the day because she does work from home four days out of the week. Yeah, so she would like to have somebody at the house that she could just have with her. But I also think we're at that point in our life, which is where we still like to go on random trips, book things last minute, and I think having a pet would involve us having to have more responsibility and not be able to drop things like Okay, we're going.
Speaker 2: See this is why you foster. She can still have that companionship.
Speaker 3: And then we fostered it, we would not we would keep it.
Speaker 2: She could probably true, but you can still try. It could be the best of both worlds until you guys are ready.
Speaker 3: That's why we like going home because my brother has a dog that we both love, and she's like, see, we need a dog. And then her parents have a dog. She's like, we need a dog. So the holidays will be a good time for her to get that.
Speaker 2: That like itching and you're like, yeah, that itch.
Speaker 3: That's all.
Speaker 2: That's where we're out right now. All right, last question, Have you interacted with Posty since he's doing country music stuff? Morgan and Oregan?
Speaker 3: I am not, but I did see his dad at the CMA's. She saw his dad reaked out and nobody else recognized him. I was like, that's Post Malone's dad, Rich, did you talk to him? No, because he was walking with somebody else. It looks like it was right before the awards started, and I guess since post was opening the show, maybe he was leaving backstage to watch it from the crowd, so he walked right by our section. I recognized him instantly. I have this really weird thing where I can recognize very specific people. I recognize people in the airport all the time. I'm like, I'll tell my wife, Hey, it's a stinger from Rice against She's like, I have no idea who that is. So I did recognize him. I think he follows me on Twitter for some reason.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, post Malone does too. I think post Malone followed me on Twitter like years ago, and then I followed his dad, So I think his dad just saw that post Malone followed me. I was like, I guess my son knows him. I'll follow him too. That's such a doobt. He'd be like, hey follow each other on Twitter. But by the time I thought of anything, he had already walked up to a seat.
Speaker 2: Dang. Well, that's cool though, that you were probably the only one in that room that had that moment in that recognization.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'll run into him around some time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially because you know what he looks like.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, you're kind of ai that you have facial recognition with people. That's wild, all right, Mike, tell the people they can find you, hear you all that good stuff.
Speaker 3: You can follow me on socials, on everything at Mike Distro, and you can listen to my podcast new episodes every week of Movie Mike's Movie Podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh you're so good at that. And you can follow me at up Girl Morgan on All the Things and my new podcasts. Take this personally. You can listen both Mike and Ize in one morning, two hours. That's all you need. Yeah, that's it, super quick and go follow the show at Bobby Bunchow on All the Things.
Speaker 4: Okay, bye bye. That's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms.
Speaker 1: Show and followed web girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.