Speaker 1: Good morning Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Just hilarious morning Charlamagne to be here in the second.
Speaker 3: And guess what day it is?
Speaker 2: Guess what day it is? Now? That's right, it's Wednesday, huck Day, Miller of the week.
Speaker 4: How you feeling, yes, feeling good? We got the gym today?
Speaker 2: No, yes, I went already, yo when I went Monday.
Speaker 4: Oh so you changed the days when you don't want to go.
Speaker 3: Nah, No, that's not true. I was supposed to go today.
Speaker 2: See so if you don't know, just put me on to her doctor, right, and her gym doctor who trains a little differently. It's still gym, but it's just not as you don't have to go as many days, but it's just as intense, right, So I go with just each and every Wednesday we go to the gym and it's very painful, like it's it's nothing easy. So I told the doctor that vice my birthday. That picture right there, whatever that is in that picture. I want to walk around. I want to come to the breakfast club. With no shirt on September, October, November, December, without you know, paying to sketch my abs.
Speaker 4: Yes you did.
Speaker 2: So he was like, I'm gonna You're gonna need a little more work, so it's not gonna be working. I gotta go three times a week.
Speaker 4: Oh so you're going three times.
Speaker 3: I gotta go three times a day.
Speaker 4: But you're not going today.
Speaker 2: I can't go to that because I got call show stuff, my car shot, I gotta drop off cars and things like that.
Speaker 3: But I really do want to go. Okay, all right, I really do want to go.
Speaker 4: You better be dropping off some cars.
Speaker 2: I am. I was there Monday, I go, I get my.
Speaker 4: Work out in Okay, because I'm going today.
Speaker 3: You're going today? All right?
Speaker 2: Well, Charlemagne to be here in the second. I was like a minute late today. You know why, when you have a group of kids in your house that drive, they take your car, don't put gas in it. So when I get in the car this morning, I'm going to work, and the cars then there shaking because it's no gas. So I had to get to a gas station. And in Jersey, you can't pump your own gas, so you gotta wait for Homie to come out just the whole thing.
Speaker 5: I wish I was somewhere with a camera recording you jumping up and down like you did when I was stuck behind him to track the trail.
Speaker 2: Well, let's get the show cracking. Abdul Abdulah will be joining us. He is the CEO of AFRO Future, formerly of Afrocheller. He's going to be joining us. You know, they have this huge show in Ghana they do each and every year and they bringing that to the States this year. So we'll talk to him about that. Charlomage just stepped in the building. We got front page news that don't go anywhere. It's the Breakfast Club on Morning Morning everybody. It's DJ Envy jests hilarious. Charlomagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news, all right, some quick sports source. Gardener, cornerback for the Jets, just signed a four year extension for one hundred and twenty point four million dollars. He becomes the highest paid cornerback of all time.
Speaker 1: So gradulation, you get to get paid all of that money to suffer in New York plan for the Jets man.
Speaker 3: That's what's up, all right?
Speaker 2: What up?
Speaker 3: He deserves that, that's compensation.
Speaker 2: Yeah for the jets. I agree. What's up? Morgan?
Speaker 4: Hey y'all, Hey, how are we filling on a Wednesday?
Speaker 3: Let's black and oay? But how you doing Morgan?
Speaker 4: I'm doing good.
Speaker 6: Let's get into some of the news that's coming out of New Jersey. Unfortunately, following the aftermath of the flooding, there at least two people are dead after heavy rains led to flash flooding on the East coast. Now, New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy made us statements, said his state was smacked by the rains, and he also talked about what that looked like. Let's take a listen to New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy's comments last night.
Speaker 7: We got crushed, not just here in Berkeley Heights, but in this part of the state in particular, six inches of rain in under two and a half hours in two waves. Importantly, one wave sort of knucked a lot of these communities a little bit off kilter of the second one came in for the kill.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So the two people were killed in New Jersey after their car was swept away by high waters and that storm sent floodwaters rushing through New York subway stations, causing mass transit issues as well. Department of Environmental Protection Commissioner Rochi Agawala says the city sewer system was not meant to handle a storm so intense, and a lot of work does need to be done to increase capacity. He also talked about the infrastructure. Let's take a listen to Department of Environmental Protection Commissioner Agarala.
Speaker 9: We're on talking about repairing a broken system. We're talking about expanding a system. Frankly, in most cases, if there's a quick fix, we've already done it. But we're going to keep looking for more and then we have to think about how to do things differently over the long term. The reality is that the subways are underground. They are where water will flow, and so we do work very closely with the MTA to protect that underground infrastructure. But it is a long term effort.
Speaker 2: Like I said before, with the infrastructure, we've had these problems before. This is not like this is the first time we've had a nasty weather and it caused disruptions, It costs water in a subway, has caused flooding, People have lost their houses or even lost their lives. So if this has happened before, and especially in the same areas, we can send people a space, but we can't fix the infrastructure. When it comes to water flowing. That seems weird to me.
Speaker 4: So that's happened here before, like like it did.
Speaker 2: Like the water in the subways and all that.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, yeah, But the crazy thing about New Jersey, they've always been actively working to improve it's flood infrastructure. So, I mean, that's the interesting thing about that flash flood. There were warnings about it all day warning, like all day long, they were telling us that it was supposed flashloods, post flashlood, supposed to flash food. I just think man climate change has made these things a lot stronger, and there's really nothing you can do when Mother Nature hits well.
Speaker 6: Aga Wala went on to say that it will take decades and billions of dollars to expand the city's water system, adding that DP works closely with MTA to make necessary upgrades to prevent flooding in the subways. And of course in Texas, you know we're talking about the aftermath and recovery efforts there. Rain continues to impact those recovery efforts as well. So we're going to continue to you know, just try to stay vigilant and heed to those warnings as they come. Still, one hundred and thirty people died in that flooding in Texas and.
Speaker 4: One hundred well still missing.
Speaker 1: So and I want I wondered too, like, you know, even when you do make improvements to the infrastructure, being that climate change is making flash floods worse. You know, I'm off and yeah, yeah, so it's like the worst climate change get It's like you got to constantly keep updating.
Speaker 3: I guess, yes, structure.
Speaker 6: That's right, that's right, you got to keep it up. Well, that's your fun. Fax news for six am. At seven am were talking about these Epstein files because who child hold on to your wik.
Speaker 2: Right everybody else, get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, phone lines to wide open again. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one is the Breakfast Club? Good morning, the Breakfast Club, Wake up, wake up.
Speaker 10: It's if you're time to get it off your chest because of your man or blessed, we want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this.
Speaker 11: This satterbug aka tomboy trucker aka chantey? What's going on?
Speaker 2: Breakfast flow?
Speaker 3: What your mama call you? What does your mama call you?
Speaker 12: Or mama? Listen?
Speaker 11: Come on, Charlottemagne.
Speaker 3: I'm just asking a question. I'm gonna call you Shante.
Speaker 13: Okay, that's right, shante.
Speaker 3: Name or nickname, a rap name.
Speaker 11: Listen, tater bugs, my trunck of names, because I might here slopping these gears, passing these tquears.
Speaker 14: He because I'm a part of the community.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, ma'am, Yes, ma'am.
Speaker 13: Okay, how y'all through jazz?
Speaker 4: Hey, baby, what's up?
Speaker 2: What's you know?
Speaker 11: I met you when you came down here at the Comedy Zone you remember in Charlotte.
Speaker 4: Yes, absolutely, I remember coming down there, but I don't know. I don't remember meeting you.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you ain't meet me because you were still pregnant and I was the only Lesbion in the.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, Okay, it ain't never just one of your honest what's up?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 4: Listen?
Speaker 11: I called because listen, I need them to put your sound on the sound or when you hit that oh my god, when you really really you really hit it.
Speaker 13: They need to put that out.
Speaker 11: On the on the on the board, because it'd be a lot of them, Oh my god moments, especially when you ain't there.
Speaker 4: All right, Thank you, Charlemagne.
Speaker 2: I love you.
Speaker 11: You're my best friend in my head.
Speaker 1: I love you too, man. I love Stud Carolina for the World Park.
Speaker 11: I'm a little small town called Jefferson, South Carolina.
Speaker 1: You know what, Yeah, I know Jefferson. That's Luther Jefferson. I'll be I'll be home tomorrow. Actually, i'll be home tomorrow. I got the grand opening of Crystals in walter Borough. I'll be doing the ribbon cutting there from eleven to twelve tomorrow.
Speaker 15: Hello, who's this ain't My name is Bidney, and I'm calling from Florida all last week and I had told y'all about my dogs night Yorki and Belle and Jeff asked me for but.
Speaker 14: Salomage, I asked you for my pest apt but I gave all the wrong name of a sinty of Burgs Brown. But anyway, I didn't get the fleet five dollars. Solomade said that he didn't tell Lin to Hell. I want to know lived because I remember when you said you will be came and you let blatly drink out of your four hundred dollars. God carry on. And then he got accession here.
Speaker 16: He could have put anything in it.
Speaker 14: You didn't know him, but you didn't see Let I'm a Christian, you say you're pristvie. So while he's like connect this dollar Maine helped me out all, I'm trying to do his safe and the.
Speaker 2: Bell live, so she's she's she's saying that, you know, I heard everything she said. Say you can't man drink out your bottle, but you will know I didn't let you know.
Speaker 1: I didn't let him drink out my bottle. That was the whole point, man. But I just don't The spirit didn't move me.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to tell you for Annabelle man the dog man what speirit In.
Speaker 14: Said, because you should have been sitting in history and had to ask on because when he grabbed your father for a second time, he could have put anything in here. You putting your family at this.
Speaker 13: Come on, now help him.
Speaker 2: Out, that's right, put some money for help, help Anna bochart.
Speaker 1: My hands open right now, and this bird still ain't moving me to help that damn Now.
Speaker 3: Try right, I got both.
Speaker 4: Hey, yo, y'all playing, yes, not just my.
Speaker 14: I don't play with sorry, but just my cast ursus brown, y'all help me save it out.
Speaker 4: Leg the leg her leg mess up?
Speaker 3: See why what is it?
Speaker 14: Shifty rus brown?
Speaker 3: Cee y n t h I as b u r g s. That's you. That's you with the great wig on yo.
Speaker 14: That's blonde.
Speaker 3: Help baby, that blonde that looks silver. Hold on now, let me make sure that the right person cent to your burger is brown.
Speaker 17: Yes, but that's me.
Speaker 3: You ain't no damn seventy one you seventy one?
Speaker 4: Funny?
Speaker 3: Yes, you you look good.
Speaker 2: Watch your mouth now.
Speaker 4: The spirit the spirit moved that as no spur made something else over there. Okay, boy, shut up?
Speaker 2: What was rolling? Y'all?
Speaker 1: Hold y'all some nasty ass for yak. You know what, man, y'all need some freaky ass people.
Speaker 2: Get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent hit us up now. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. I'm telling, I'm telling what's doing.
Speaker 18: Yo.
Speaker 10: If this is your time to get it off your chest, whether you're mad or blessed, eight hundred five eight five one O five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this yo' something?
Speaker 2: Man? It's Howard Howard up, get it off your chest.
Speaker 19: Hey, I want to get a big shout out to Sea Lamine. I can't be too salty in that house. Too late to grab a copy of a black Ballumini. It was a fifty team yesterday. I probably got paid. I ran to the comic book stuff. They were sold out, they.
Speaker 3: Were sold out.
Speaker 1: I got one in my bag. I'm gonna send it to you right now, man less, thank you so much.
Speaker 17: Can I get a signed to it's just first copy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't have it. Yeah, I can sign it. I'm gonna send it to you right now. Eddie, can you get your information? I literally got one in my bag right now.
Speaker 3: Awesome, thank you so much, my man.
Speaker 2: Now people want to pick up this comic. How can they pick it up?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be honest with you. I'm not sure because because we did we did the whole.
Speaker 1: Kickstarter campaign and that's where everybody bought it. And then we had the signing in Midtown Comics last week, and mad people came out there I know it's in Midtown comics in New York.
Speaker 3: I don't, I don't. I really don't know.
Speaker 1: I have it about the website. The website, you can go to a w A studios dot com slash series slash Illuminati. But if you go if you go to a w A Studios dot com, it'll come up and uh, it's Illuminati and you can you can buy it there.
Speaker 3: All right, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 2: Hello? Who's this?
Speaker 16: Oh my goodness, call me function me, Oh my goodness. Y'll never answered this, jawn.
Speaker 3: We always answer this jowin.
Speaker 16: Oh, so listen, why is it always the booms have one to be getting the praise?
Speaker 2: Always the BOMs that worked to be getting to praise? What happened Tony talk to us?
Speaker 16: Oh no, they don't be doing man, well they can order praise. I'm just I'm over it.
Speaker 3: You gotta say some names, man, You got to say your job or something.
Speaker 16: I worked at the post office.
Speaker 3: We're at Philly.
Speaker 16: Yeah, bombs, Yeah, why don't.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: Why don't you say something about it?
Speaker 4: I do, But they don't.
Speaker 16: They don't care.
Speaker 3: Who don't care?
Speaker 16: Who won't tell you to be booms? The upper keep.
Speaker 1: Up tied the damn you know what, man, I hate to say it, but I can relate.
Speaker 16: Wait a minute, I got one more. Say. A couple of weeks ago, I was watching The Unfaithful Court. Man, Hey, how did you able to hold it together when big Sexy Beijing was coming?
Speaker 3: All he did it?
Speaker 2: He was breacked up that it was yo, that was so funny because the beijing started dripping down his head and it started. It was on me that he die because he couldn't breathe.
Speaker 3: It dripped on you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so big sexy he was.
Speaker 3: That's why I thought y'all was gay.
Speaker 2: No, don't tell me that. No, big sexy. Big Sexy almost passed out because he you know, he's big. So he got mad at it started like hyper ventilating. He was about to die, so they had to call the ambulance. He almost passed out. So I tried to grab him and I couldn't hold him up.
Speaker 1: All that cardio big Sexy be doing, he'd be running across the highway with people.
Speaker 2: Man, he did not.
Speaker 4: Ever run across.
Speaker 3: A crosswalk or something.
Speaker 2: Jumping and running, but he started. I told me she was just the man. But his Beijing started running and something dripping down. That was I didn't want to laugh because I thought he might die, But after he didn't die.
Speaker 3: I laughed. I gotta watch that.
Speaker 1: You know, that episode made Wendy Williams think that Envy was gay because he said that he saw She said she he saw an n Bey on this show telling this game.
Speaker 3: Man, why would you do that? She was like, it was a cheating show. He called him cheating.
Speaker 1: He called his boyfriend cheating, and he said, why would you do that? Why would you do that? Oh man, I'm glad you thought it was funny. I'm glad it was funny.
Speaker 12: Y'all.
Speaker 2: I missed that show. That show was so much for men. I missed that show. That show was hilarious. That show was hilarious. Well you like, what do you look like that?
Speaker 20: I just can't imagine you trying to grab and help Big Sexy.
Speaker 2: This beefore I even knew who Big Sexy.
Speaker 4: Imagine it. It's on TV.
Speaker 20: I need to see that.
Speaker 2: Get it off your chest eight hundred five five one five.
Speaker 3: If you need the vent, hit us up now.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 3: We got the latest Lauria coming up.
Speaker 4: We do.
Speaker 21: The girls are arguing Nicki Minaj and Sissa Nicki Minaj all night long.
Speaker 20: We're gonna get into what the beefizer is it when we come back.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll get into all that. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning, the Breakfast Club, Good morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is tj Envy, Jesse, Hilr, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the latest with Lauren.
Speaker 4: Lauren becoming a straight.
Speaker 2: Fast she gets them somebody that knows somebody detail.
Speaker 20: I'm a long girl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 3: She'd be having the latest on the latest with Lauren la Rosa.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you have sometimes you have details, sometimes you have a little bit of everything.
Speaker 2: It's the latest on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 21: So well, this back and forth was not on my Bengo car for twenty twenty five. Nicki Minaj and Scissa yesterday traded some words on x SO.
Speaker 20: Nicki Minaj.
Speaker 21: At first, she was tweeting about one of the tde execs, Punch you used.
Speaker 20: To work with Sizza.
Speaker 21: She basically felt like some of the tweets that he was tweeting while he was promoting a song were indirect shots at her. So she then was the song It's a song called Broken Barbies, but it's something that he had been promoting prior to this back and forth. But I got Nicki Minaj felt like there was some shots being thrown her way in some of the tweets that he was tweeting about that song. But so she began then tweeting at him and just alleging a couple of different things, alleging that because she decided not to do business with him, that he had been trying to sabotage her career and different things of that nature. So those tweets are happening, and then Sizza tweets, not at Nicki Minaj, but she tweets randomly mercury retrograde, don't take the bait, laugh out loud, silly goose. So Nigi Minaj sees this and she responds directly to Sizza, and she tells Sissa to go draw her freckles back on Bookie and then she says liar liar pants on fire, sounding like a fin dead dog. So Sissa responded and she says, I don't give an f about none of the weird stuff that you're talking that you're popping. So then Nicki Minaj continues to go like she goes. It was very like, but I think we all were sitting there like, what is happening right now? Yeah, so Nicki Minaj is then she started to go off like some of the tweets were so long, like I couldn't even get through them here on the radio, and were like paragraphs. But she basically was, let's take a listen, because she won't say she had after they talk more about what the tweets work, Let's take a listen to Nicki Minach's shaming.
Speaker 22: Sissm listen, Misa, find you somebody to mother can play with Mezsa le Mezza Rob. She already played with your own. We've seen how that went. And you know, I don't surger you shame or bout it shame. You know, I don't even do that. But I don't know if you fat obs, chubby, oh skinny.
Speaker 23: The whole thing is leave me alone.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 22: I don't know if this was before or after Freckles and Bumbolina came out, However, you took to your Twitter during those times to downgrade and downplay the top black women in their respective feels at the time. So that tells me a lot about you. So instead of you coming on Twitter.
Speaker 4: To give props to the top.
Speaker 20: Black women in your field at that time, to the.
Speaker 4: Women who you later worked with.
Speaker 22: So I guess they weren't that bad after all.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 3: I want y'all to know, I have no idea what's going on right now.
Speaker 20: That's how we all felt.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to figure it out now.
Speaker 20: That's how y all felt yesterday.
Speaker 2: So about think I got some of it.
Speaker 21: Yes, Nicki Minaj just felt like Sizza and you know, Punch from TDE were coming for her, so she started going off.
Speaker 20: She took it from X to then station.
Speaker 3: Why does she think that again?
Speaker 21: Because Punch tweeted broken Barbies and and that made her.
Speaker 3: Broken Barbies is a song title?
Speaker 2: You said, Yeah, who for?
Speaker 3: Who for?
Speaker 21: It's a song that he's been pushing. I don't know whose song that song is, but it's a song that he's been pushing. But I didn't know that there was I guess like bad blood behind the scenes. According to Nicki Minaj, that's why she took it like it was something coming for her because she was alleging that they had had.
Speaker 20: I guess words or dealings or something before that.
Speaker 21: She felt like the TDE team was trying to not silence her, but just like sabotage her business. She says that they were trying to sabotage her business allegedly and come for her and silence her on a platform that she uses to do her job.
Speaker 2: And in twenty eleven, I seen that Sissa put out some tweets against Yes, Rihanna and some other people.
Speaker 21: Well, according to there's a Nicki Minaj fin that tweeted some old tweets that Nicki Minaj then retweeted, And these tweets talked about Beyonce, it talked about Rihanna, Sierra, and then also Nicki Minaj in response to Iggiazel. You know, these are alleged old tweets from Scissa that Nikki then retweeted.
Speaker 3: Eleven.
Speaker 21: So Nicki Minaj gets into that as well too. Let's take a listen to Nicki Minaj saying, Siss isn't an icon.
Speaker 22: You were just one of the kids that couldn't get in the crowd and the end crowd. No, you went and started drawing freckles on your mother and face.
Speaker 3: But do these people not know my stats?
Speaker 22: Like, does this woman think like on any day that if me and her walked in the room in any country in the world. These bots don't got to your mother's fat heads.
Speaker 2: I see, y'all.
Speaker 22: Don't even know who was a mother superstar and ain't coning anymore. How Mizza, misser, you're not an icon. You are a yodling fool who's who needs auto tune? Who done this every female entertainer based off of you know, the screenshots that yodling ass somewhere else. But ultimately this is not that serious you guys, Okay, And honestly, I hate having to speak like this to women.
Speaker 3: So it's definitely on our way to icon's status, though. I mean, her trajectory is just going up, up up. She's only on her second album and.
Speaker 21: Nicki Minaj that part of Station Head and even the part on an Expert Nicki Minaj was basically talking about scissors, numbers and you know whatever songs or whatever. It's because Sissa basically said, look, I'm done with all this. Like I didn't directly tweet at anybody. I was tweeting about something from a show. She came at me, so of course I'm mad now, and I responded, but I'm off this. She said, I'm gonna go be Meek in silent. People thought that was like a low key shot too, but.
Speaker 3: They don't know what they think the word means. How do y'all consuming this off? Yeah, I'm listening now, it's just funny. It's funny. Listen, that's a shot because y'all don't know what the word meet me.
Speaker 21: There then decided to step out of this situation and started tweeting about, you know, like on xtale, tweet like, oh, you hit this number on your songs or like whatever.
Speaker 20: Like there were like some some.
Speaker 21: Notable mentions that came about her timely timeline about herself, and she retweeted them. So Nikki then basically took that as is she trying to talk numbers like that type of you know energy. So yeah, and I'm trying to find the artist name because Punch also tweeted out the actual video after he tweeted Broken barbiees that the song he was promoting. But I can't find the artist name, but I'll mentioned it since it's such a topic of conversation. Now it is, I mean it was yesterday. Oh it's it's her name is I am Lyric and the song is called Broken Barbies.
Speaker 3: So I had nothing to do with and nothing to do with, Nicki min I.
Speaker 1: So Nikki's become that forty to your old rich auntie who don't like nobody just show up at the family of un You're complaining.
Speaker 3: About everybody here.
Speaker 1: Doing it all me Listen, some people complain about everything, but never tolerate a single complaint about themselves. I don't even know if these complaints from Nicki a valid because I still don't know what the hell is going on. This is a I don't know if this is behind the scenes stuff that we don't know about. I don't know, and so punch tweeting broken Bobby set her off.
Speaker 3: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: All I know is that complaining not only ruins everybody else's day, it ruins the complainer's day too, because the more the more we complain, the more and happy we get.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I would say about that. This morning, I was with my makeup, like, are any of these complaints valid?
Speaker 20: And how do I know?
Speaker 21: Because it's so much and it's been going on for like weeks with Nicki Minaj, like, I don't know.
Speaker 4: That's what.
Speaker 21: She says, huh what you say, Nicki? And I said says it gets them right every time she draws them back on.
Speaker 4: So that's a compliment talent.
Speaker 3: It's great.
Speaker 4: A lot of people want them.
Speaker 3: I know a lot of people that want freckles.
Speaker 4: I want the freckles.
Speaker 1: At one point, Sage's the latest Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: All right, well thank you, Lauren. All right, now I.
Speaker 3: Got some polota.
Speaker 2: Okay here, y'all see, just don't we trying to confuse me.
Speaker 3: I just don't know what the hell you're doing. I really like, what the hell just happened.
Speaker 2: That's not about a person that had nothing to do with the song. And then they want to know, you know what, what pays? It was the next Direktast club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same morning, everybody in stej Envy just hilarious. Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get back in some front page news now quick. The sports Sauce Garden, a cornerback for the Jets. He just signed an extension for four years for one hundred and twenty point four million dollars.
Speaker 3: He becomes the highest paid cornerback of all time. He deserves man to him.
Speaker 1: Anybody that has to suffer playing for the Jets for the next four years. Deserves to get paid all the money that they can get. Man slew the sauce garden.
Speaker 4: Sure not a good team.
Speaker 3: They suck. Jesus, You're not a good team though.
Speaker 2: Read a jeftfs fan.
Speaker 3: Read the only Jeff fan I know.
Speaker 1: Oh and Gary vaynachuck but I don't know if Gary really liked him, but he just want to buy them Either way, they suck.
Speaker 2: And what's up Brgan?
Speaker 6: Hey y'all, Hey, all right, so let's get back into it. Let's talk about the Epstein files.
Speaker 4: Or lack thereof. We're trying to figure that part out, right.
Speaker 6: So President Trump says he doesn't understand why his supporters are so fascinated with the case of the disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein. Trump told reporters as he left an event in Pennsylvania that Epstein was never a big factor in terms of life, adding that credible information has been given now. Trump also went on to call the case boring. He spoke to reporters yesterday, and it's just that the files were made up by former presidents Joe Biden, Barack Obama and other Democrats. He also said Attorney General Pam Bondi should release whatever she thinks is credible.
Speaker 4: Let's take a listen to President Trump.
Speaker 19: She's handled it vering well, and it's going to be up to whatever she thinks incredible.
Speaker 5: Reja.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So this comes as the Justice Department and FBI issued a joint memo recently stating that Epstein did not have a client list and confirmed that he died by suicide in his New York City jail sale in twenty nineteen, as opposed to other conspiracy theories that have been thrown out there now. The Epstein files have been a source of controversy in Washington, with lawmakers on both sides of the aisle calling for the release of case documents. Speaking of those lawmakers, House Republicans have blocked efforts from Democrats to force a vote on releasing files associated with Epstein's case. House Democrats unsuccessfully urged the chamber to oppose a routine procedural vote on an amendment requiring Attorney General Pambondi to preserve, compile, and publish the Epstein files. However, Republicans cleared the majority threshold that Democrats were hoping to avoid and supported a procedural vote of two eleven to two ten decision to eleven to two ten decisions along party lines. Meanwhile, Attorney General Pam Bondi she dodged questions recently about Jeffrey Epstein. Bondi spoke at a news conference yesterday, saying the focus was on fentanyl overdoses and families who have lost loved ones to the drug.
Speaker 4: Let's take a listen to her comments. Nothing about Epstein. I'm not going to talk about Epstein. This today is about fentanyl.
Speaker 6: This is about a wall of people right outside this room who have died from I appreciate your question, but this today is about fentanyl. Of course, Bondi has been on the defensive since the Justice Department announced it would not release any more information in the case. Bondi also refused to answer questions about Deputy FBI Director Don bon Gino's future, which seemingly remains uncertain, and Speaker Mike Johnson says Attorney General PANM. Bondi needs to explain her statements regarding Epstein. His comment comes in response to the Justice Department, of course, announcing that they're not going to release any of those files now. Johnson's remarks express a different a difference in rhetoric that breaks away from President Trump, who has defended BONDI.
Speaker 4: Now. Johnson also emphasized that.
Speaker 6: His trust is in the President, but also noted that he supports transparency and said we should put everything out there and let the people decide.
Speaker 22: Now.
Speaker 6: US Representative Thomas Massey he says he plans to force a vote that would decide whether the Department of Justice has to release those files related.
Speaker 4: To Jeffrey Epstein.
Speaker 6: On Tuesday, the Kentucky Republicans said he's introducing a resolution that would require BONDI to release all unclassified records regarding Epstein. The resolution says the files can't be withheld or redacted even if they cause reputational harm to government officials or public figures. This, of course, again after that memo came out last week that said Epstein does not have a client list and that he died by suicide. Do you guys have any thoughts on that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, once again, I've been saying this all week. Democrats, do not stop talking about the Epstein files. Okay, that is your transgenders in women's sports issue. That is the issue that builds a bridge between you and those those those MAGA supporters, you know, those people who you know voted for Trump last election.
Speaker 3: Now I do have another couple couple other thoughts too.
Speaker 1: Trump keeps blaming Democrats, which we know is nonsense, But don't be surprised if for fake Epstein file just all of a sudden the pis on social media.
Speaker 2: Okay, what IF's.
Speaker 3: Powerful Democrats on this list though, And they don't.
Speaker 1: Just course, it's powerful Democrats on the list, but I'm just talking about in general. Trump keeps saying, hey, Democrats, the Democrats created this.
Speaker 3: If a fake Epstein.
Speaker 1: File just pops up on social media implicating all Trump's enemies, don't be surprised by that. And I also wonder if some Republicans are pushing to get the files out because they're actually tired of Trump and they want to finally get Trump out. I wonder because we all know, you know, releasing names connected to Epstein will implicate individuals from both parties. But maybe they're willing to implicate, you know, individuals in both parties. Maybe they're willing to implicate allies. Maybe they're willing to implicate donors and higre banking diplomats to finally get rid of Trump and take back their party.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I'm.
Speaker 1: Just throwing scenarios out there, but I just know that Democrats in particular should not stop talking about the f Steve Foss.
Speaker 4: Hey, all right, well there you go. That's your front based news, y'all.
Speaker 6: I'm Morgan Will y'all can follow me on socials at Morgan Media and for more news coverage follow ad Black Information Network, download the free iHeartRadio app and visit us at binnews dot com. And those who are getting those weather alerts, please again take key to those weather alerts. Don't just you know, you know, just see the weather alerts, but also pay attention to what's going on around you and cross reference that with other alerts and the weather on your the apps on your phone as well.
Speaker 17: You know.
Speaker 4: Just pay attention and try to stay safe.
Speaker 2: All right, Thank you so much, Morgan.
Speaker 3: Be safe out there, you you too.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, let's open up the phone lines eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one. We're asking do special moments need to be recorded?
Speaker 18: Now?
Speaker 2: This comes from one of our producers, Nick.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We was having a good conversation behind the scenes. He just recently got engaged. One of his family members were supposed to record the moment and didn't.
Speaker 3: Well, they got they were enjoying the moment too.
Speaker 5: Got caught up in the moment when it was in Paris. It was like a whole thing. He set it up.
Speaker 4: He had the conversations with them.
Speaker 5: Prior, like weeks prior, okay, that her dad was supposed to take the pictures and her mom was supposed to record during the whole thing, the mom got swept away in the moment and then boomed. Nobody was really upset, but he was just like, yo, forgot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so what I was saying was like, you know, I think a lot of times those moments like engagement weddings, that's for you and yours, especially the engagement. I don't even need an audience for the engagement. That's for you and the person that you proposed him to. But people want those moments.
Speaker 4: Recorded and they were upset.
Speaker 3: But would you be upset?
Speaker 2: So that is the question eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one. You know we're talking special moments engaged with the weddings. Many and my wife gett an argument about this all the time, right, So you know my daughter's danced, so she wants me to record it, but I want to be in the morning moment later.
Speaker 3: So we always fight about, well.
Speaker 2: It's your turn to record. That's why I got the meta glasses. I just kicked the meta glasses on and I can actually watch it. But that is the question. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one Special moments do they have to be recorded? Now? He doesn't have that moment. Nobody was upset. I'm sure he's still at but I'm sure he maybe wanted to show it later on to his kids or later on they might want to go back and look at it.
Speaker 5: And then then me as a as a woman, I'm like, yo, that's in Paris. Wow that I know the background, the landscape, the whole view is amazing. I would want to see that. But you know, white people different, white people different.
Speaker 4: Like it is great. We can just go back next week, you know.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Let's discuss. This's the Breakfast Club. Good morning.
Speaker 3: Pull out your phone, call in right now, call me.
Speaker 2: Add your opinion to the Breakfast Club top break it down.
Speaker 8: Eight hundred five eight five one o five one.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 10: It's topic time called eight hundred five five one to join in to the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Morning everybody. It's DJ Envy, Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the Gud We are the Breakfast Club. Now he's just joining us. We're talking about recording special moments. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. This comes from one of our producers.
Speaker 3: His name is Nick.
Speaker 2: He got engaged over the weekend.
Speaker 1: And congratulations to Nick too, man, great guy man. That's for a long time. He records all of the all of the video. That's right, every every piece of content you see from the Breakfast Club, that's visual Nick recording.
Speaker 2: Which probably makes it even more of the reason why he wanted video of it. So you know, he was gonna he was getting engaged, and he told one family member to take pictures, so another family member to video tape it, and the family member just didn't videotape it forgot because she was probably in the moment.
Speaker 3: And we all understand that.
Speaker 2: So we're asking eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Does everything have to be recorded? Me? No, my wife, she wants to record everything. She wants to have those memories. She wants to be able to look back at it. She wants to be able to play it for the kids when they get a little older. She wants to record everything. And we get into the biggest argument because I'm like, I want to live in a moment. I just want to see it, but she wants to record it to break it back down. Like and we get in the argument all the time when we go to my girls dance. That's why I got those metaglasses so that way we ain't got to fight. I just click record. You can watch keep it moving. She can watch for her angle, I can watch for my angle. Good money, but it is a good quality. It ain't the best yet, all right. It ain't the best yet, all right. Yeah, and it can't zoom in, so if you're sitting kind of far for nothing.
Speaker 3: But still, but it's better than me having me recorded.
Speaker 5: But I get what you're saying, because you want to live in the moment and you want to actually see the performance.
Speaker 4: When you recording, you have to look through a screen.
Speaker 5: So it is it is a little it's a bit much, but nah, I don't think at all, Like when Chris proposed to me, it is recorded, but it's not going to be posted, you know what I mean, because it was intimate.
Speaker 4: It was like it was small intimate.
Speaker 5: Even when we went and got married like that, it was intimate, you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: I didn't.
Speaker 4: We took pictures and everything.
Speaker 5: But the reason I feel like it's not you don't got to do the big grandioso recording and everything.
Speaker 4: It's because it's not for you.
Speaker 5: When you're doing that, you're kind of still doing it for other people at the end of the day, you know what I'm saying. That's why, like people want everything recorded for the posting of it all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But I almost like the memories thought.
Speaker 2: Get what you say, Mother's Day, I got videotapes of me and my mom dancing. I will always love my mom since a child, so you can see us growing up and doing it. I love that, Like I posted one a couple of years ago. But my kids get to see that and see Grandma and me dancing, you know. I mean, things like that are just cool. Those are memories that we miss when they get older or where they pass away. So I love those.
Speaker 1: I think we're always in production mold, whether we realize it or not. Like we walk around like we're in our own little reality shows, and we always want to capture content to posts and show to people.
Speaker 3: I just think all of that is performative.
Speaker 1: I think things like weddings, things like engagements that's for you and your significant other, you know, and even like you know, for me, when I got married, everybody checked their phones, you know, because I wanted people just to enjoy the moment. And that was two thousand and fourteen, so imagine how it is in twenty twenty five now.
Speaker 3: Yo, When I got mad, I don't think. I don't think everybody had cameras.
Speaker 1: Camera phones, but I mean listen to each his own, like, and everybody have their own reasons of why they want to record stuff. Personally, I don't care about any of that, man. I just like enjoying the moment that I'm in, and especially when it comes to like engagements, like you know, I know certain people like to have engagement parties, and I'm like, you're proposing all of these niggas, like, you know, because the person the only person that should be there when you're getting engaged is you and the other individual, especially when you have people that be like, damn, man, you know, I got to get the right date so I can have everybody together.
Speaker 5: That that was a problem when Chris proposed to me, Like a lot of people like was upset that they would.
Speaker 4: Dang, you couldn't have did it on it? Why are you doing Christmas?
Speaker 5: Why are you doing on Christmas? I'm like, damn, that was the best. Yeah, it's not about them.
Speaker 2: But sometimes you know, you should celebrate the win. His life is so sure, people have done it so fast. You celebrate all the good things in your life. I'm not mad at people doing that. In front of it, front of.
Speaker 4: It, Okay, it works for you.
Speaker 3: You know what I've seen.
Speaker 1: I've seen people make a whole big show, had a whole big engagement party and ain't never got married and got broken.
Speaker 3: Off all they've been waiting seven eight years to get still ain't married.
Speaker 1: I don't do that big show, you know, and get proposed to me, married me within a year after conversation.
Speaker 3: We need to have one day too after you propose. How long did you get married?
Speaker 2: How long did it take? I'm just telling I got four daughters. If any of the he's got, when you're time to propose, and then my daughters, I want to be there I'm just telling I'm I want.
Speaker 4: To parents is different.
Speaker 3: Okay, you want to be there.
Speaker 2: I want to be I want to be there for that moment.
Speaker 3: No, you called the father.
Speaker 1: I called my wife's father and said, hey, may I propose to your daughter?
Speaker 4: You asked for his hand in married?
Speaker 3: And then you go do that.
Speaker 1: I don't need to that. You're saying it over there. You want to get downe there? You want you want you lover the man, get on these knees.
Speaker 2: God, any time of man on their needs. If you want to be.
Speaker 4: There, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 2: This is.
Speaker 3: Driven from OHI and what's up?
Speaker 2: Talk to us?
Speaker 17: Yeah, I was just saying good morning to everybody. Hey, just hey, charge the man.
Speaker 7: Brother.
Speaker 17: Hey, so I agree with you.
Speaker 12: Like I got the metal glasses.
Speaker 16: I actually was on them.
Speaker 17: That was the bluetooth.
Speaker 12: So I use the metal glasses for all that type of stuff away in my hands free and everything.
Speaker 3: So that way you can still live in the moment, right you can watch it through.
Speaker 2: Yeahs still living. I like to live in the moment.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm with you on that, all.
Speaker 2: Right, brother, Thank you? Hello, who's this?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 2: What's your name? Hey, good morning? Talk to us, mom, what's your thoughts?
Speaker 13: I mean, yeah, I think that all those special occasions and stuff right there.
Speaker 16: Of course they should be recording everything, but I am not going to record. I missed everything.
Speaker 13: I get the sky, the trees and everything except what needs to be recorded.
Speaker 4: I'm with you.
Speaker 2: I like, I like to live in the moment.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be looking at that phone through the phone to try to catch it.
Speaker 2: No, I capture it later.
Speaker 16: I try. It didn't work out. Bottom they don't even act record no more.
Speaker 4: You can't capture it later. That's today he loses.
Speaker 2: It's what I.
Speaker 12: Want to call in this all talk about like you know, the question about the memories. And I used to feel like, no, we shouldn't like me recording memories and you should.
Speaker 24: Live in the moment.
Speaker 16: Until my little sister passed away.
Speaker 12: And it's like so many memories that I have I wish that I would have recorded, and that way I can.
Speaker 16: Go back and actually like go back and see them and you know, actually.
Speaker 8: Like live in that moment again.
Speaker 3: But I don't have those memories anymore.
Speaker 12: So that's what I do. So like now I always try to capture the moment. And you know, at least have like video or something that I can actually, like maybe go back and look at in the future. It's something that's happens like that again.
Speaker 8: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Thinking about two, It's like when you are recording the moment, when you do have a memory of that moment, do you remember yourself recording or do you remember the actual moment.
Speaker 2: The feeling of the moment.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, because I feel like if you're recording, you don't remember the actual feeling of the moment.
Speaker 3: You remember the recording, the feeling of recording the moment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was just.
Speaker 12: Definings like what it is like if I'm at a concert with like my cousin or something and I'm like in the moment, like the Drake. I have videos that like me and my cousins at like J Cole concert or something like that, and I can remember like being in the moment and having fun and how I thought at that moment. And then I can actually go back and still kind of relive that moment in my phone when I go back and watch it again. And sometimes I do wish I there's like certain things that happened in my life with my little sister that I wish I still had go back.
Speaker 2: And seekerd sorry for your lost brother eight undrink five eight five one oh five. When we're talking about taking video in the moment or you know, one of our producers, his name is NICKI got engaged over the weekend. He asked two family members, want to take photography, want to video it? And she didn't video it. She got caught in the moment. And we're asking, Nick proposed in Italy. That's right, you know, that's right, that's fly beautiful, that's right. So we're asking, you know, do you like things to be recorded or are you cool with just living in a moment. Let's discuss. Hello, who's this Good morning? This is Ashley, Ashley, good morning to talk to us.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 25: So I got engaged in February on.
Speaker 16: The Super Bowl this year.
Speaker 25: Congrats and thank you, and my mom was supposed to report it was I upset, No, because.
Speaker 2: I was living in a moment.
Speaker 25: But if that was my wedding or something, it would.
Speaker 12: Be something different.
Speaker 25: But other than that, like you know that that wouldn't bother me.
Speaker 19: That's like going to a concert or something.
Speaker 12: You know, you just live in the moment.
Speaker 13: You can't really focus on like recording and stuff like.
Speaker 2: That, you know what. That's why I think a lot of times when when my kids have birthday parties or weddings or anything special, if I can, I hire somebody to do it, so that way I don't have to worry about anything. You capture everything. Let me just enjoy it, and hopefully you capture me and enjoying it if somebody, if you can afford.
Speaker 11: It, you know exactly.
Speaker 25: And there was one time where, like I was surprised in my fiance, I just set up like the phone and like on my watch and just press record and then just recorded everything.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll take you mama.
Speaker 12: You're welcome.
Speaker 17: Happy good morning by you too.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 17: How are you?
Speaker 2: Yo? You?
Speaker 1: And be getting through these phones because they go through the back door, the back door.
Speaker 24: No, listen, let's just no okay, yeah, okay, whatever, I get it. No, you necessarily need to record. But I recently lost to my dad, right, and I recorded like a lot of stuff. So that's all I have now, you.
Speaker 17: Understand, So I don't think you need to.
Speaker 24: But it's good, like I'm up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is not all you have now? Stacy, you have the memories, no, yeah, and you and you have the experience of living with that person, right, Okay.
Speaker 24: Yeah, you're right, You're right, Sean, And yeah, okay, I guess that's it. I ain't gonna get into the rest that Okay, bye, love y'all.
Speaker 3: Bye, you mean that's all you have?
Speaker 2: Like, come on, man, hellos is, Oh my gosh, I love you, crack you think you have blue supers. Very difficult to hear you, mama unless you in the gym or something. I can't hear me now perfectly, go ahead to talk to his mama.
Speaker 13: Yeah, So to your topic, A similar thing actually happened to me when I.
Speaker 16: Got engaged my husband.
Speaker 13: Now, we were purchased in the car and his autobroker friend was supposed to be recording the entire moment, and come to find out, he was speaking random pictures, so didn't get the moment captured. But honestly, it doesn't even matter now out.
Speaker 12: Because it was beautiful. So I kind of agree with what you said.
Speaker 13: Those experiences are really for the coupple and not everybody else.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 13: We got all the wedding photos and videos, so.
Speaker 2: And no disrespect to older people. But if you ask an older person to take video or pictures, you get what you get because a lot of times, you know, this is so many times when you know, people ask to take pictures and they take pictures of themselves instead of taking pictures of it bes like that.
Speaker 1: That's why, that's why, that's why Knick's family members didn't record it, because Knick's family member wanted to enjoy the moment it.
Speaker 4: Was cut, you know, caught in the moment.
Speaker 1: It probably was mad, like, man, I want to I want to just watch and Field.
Speaker 8: That's what.
Speaker 17: Rom Jersey City.
Speaker 24: What's going on?
Speaker 3: What's brother talks to us? What's your thoughts, what's your opinion?
Speaker 17: I believe special moments got to be recorded because the special moments that we share their fleeting moments. So we don't capture those moments, we will never remember those moments or see those moments a game. So just like this conversation today, thirty years from now, this conversation would be forgotten, or interviews I've done before be forgotten that they weren't recorded. So you have to record those special moments in order to have those moments to go back on. It's the reason why some people have logs or they'll have like audio recording to themselves to go on for years. So we can't not record special moments because we're worried about what people are saying about the moments that we hold diitar.
Speaker 1: Should should we compare entertainment to real life though, like you're comparing it to interviews, Like like, yeah, of course we're supposed to record interviews. Those are supposed to be documented. I don't know who you compare entertainment in real life?
Speaker 17: No, no, no, no, we definitely shouldn't compare it to real life. But basically what I'm saying, I use that, I use that as an example. Basically like the child's first walk, the child's first you know, words and different things that that nature definitely be captured, or anniversary marriage, anything like that should be captured the first time you proposed where you propose that all of that should be captured because you want to look back on that fifty years from now. Your grandchildren might want to see the great grandchildren.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 3: M hmm, absolutely pretty thank you.
Speaker 2: I just you know it not to be a Debbie Downer, said family members listening. Do not take a picture in the casket. I like, if people do take pictures of casket in the video, I do not want that.
Speaker 3: I don't want that video of myself out there.
Speaker 2: I'm not I won't be here, but please don't take a picture in the casket video.
Speaker 3: I won't do it to anybody. Why are you even getting put in the casket?
Speaker 4: Because people die.
Speaker 1: Get cremated, get turned into a tree. Because you listen, here's the funny thing. Think about what that dude just said about albums. Well, you know how any graves were standing over right now? How many graves buildings are built done? One hundred years from now?
Speaker 3: You think these grave and stuff gonna still be around.
Speaker 1: Please there's gonna be a Starbucks over them or whatever new for whatever franchise it is.
Speaker 4: Right, but I think I think yo still right? Not for nothing? Right if it's not recorded.
Speaker 5: Imagine that story when Nick and his wife actually tells their kids your dad is.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: But even before they get to the funny part, your dad proposed to me in Italy.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 5: And you know, although whoever was supposed to record like that, that's like a story that you want to hear like it's romantic.
Speaker 4: Oh and the what is in Italy?
Speaker 5: And now keep thinking about parents because I'm about say, the Eiffel Tower, all the mountains were in the.
Speaker 4: Back and blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: You just gotta paint that picture for the kids. And I think that's actually more valuable than you know, just showing them. I mean it's cool, but like just to paint that picture for the kids, I think.
Speaker 4: That'll be dope.
Speaker 2: It's just cool.
Speaker 4: It's that they didn't record. It's like whatever.
Speaker 2: Well, well, we got the Latest with Lauren coming up, so don't go anywhere. It's the Breakfast Club. Good Morning, Lauren becoming a straight fast. She gets somebody that knows somebody.
Speaker 20: I'm a long girl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 3: And she'd be having the latest on you. The Latest with Lauren la Rosa.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you have fact, sometimes you have details. Sometimes you have a little bit.
Speaker 2: Every time the Latest on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 20: All right, y'all.
Speaker 21: So last hour we talked about Nicki Minaj and Sissa and their beef that came out of nowhere, or so it seemed on X yesterday. So I reached out to Punch from TDE who I also talked about in the first Hour, who was at one point managing Scissa, And I asked him, how did we get here? Like Nicki Minaj is alleging that y'all have had issues behind the scenes, and because of that, this is an alleged retaliation, Like you guys have been retaliating against her.
Speaker 20: And here's what he said to me.
Speaker 21: So he said back in twenty twenty, Nicki Minaja reached out for a Sissa feature on a song. He responded and told Nicki Minaj that Sizzo was an album mode heavy and that he would get it over to her and that was it.
Speaker 20: They never spoke again.
Speaker 21: Feature didn't happen, but he says he's lost after that as well, like and so then I followed up and I said, okay, so there was no further issue, Like I still don't understand from that, how did we get here? And he says I'm lost after that? And the song he verified what I said. The song that he had been tweeting about, Broken Barbies, was a song by artist that he is working with now I am lyric, So he's confused. He's confused as well.
Speaker 3: Did you asked why he ain't posted the song last night?
Speaker 2: That was the time to post he did.
Speaker 1: I know you said that he posted it before, and that's what made Nikki react. But in the midst of everything, it was like he should have posted it.
Speaker 21: It was so it was so closely, like the time was so close that if you went and looked, it was right there. He literally tweeted broken Barbies and after that he tweeted the there was like a trailer to I Am Lyrics video.
Speaker 2: They needed to say the song as a.
Speaker 4: Song I was out.
Speaker 3: Should at least play the snipple of the song like the song.
Speaker 1: Yo, shout out to the Nicki from Motion team. At least play you should do start Broken Bobby promotions. Okay, I will amplify your record. I had no idea that even posted about this.
Speaker 20: I didn't either.
Speaker 21: I was confused as well until I went and looked everybody else. It is a good detail because I think a lot of people are trying to figure out. We didn't even know that there was an issue with uh his Instagram.
Speaker 20: Yes, the song is out. It's it was out a day though.
Speaker 2: Posted a good job.
Speaker 20: This is the video on on her YouTube channel.
Speaker 3: Is it Lyric Michelle?
Speaker 20: No, it's I Am Lyric. It's apelt like this, I am altogether lyric.
Speaker 2: Okay, I do with it.
Speaker 3: It came up lyric Michelle Broken Barbers.
Speaker 21: Well maybe that's her full name, but her artist's name has on YouTube and everywhere else as I am lyric.
Speaker 3: Lyric Michelle's play. That's what I said. I want to get a record.
Speaker 20: Now we'll get that.
Speaker 2: Hey, can you get that record?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: Are we talking?
Speaker 16: So?
Speaker 20: I mean, does that clear I off anything for y'all because it didn't for me.
Speaker 3: But it adds a bit a lot of context to it to me.
Speaker 21: I still think ni Nicki Minaj posted that she has receipts of being bullied in the retaliation that she's alleging.
Speaker 20: So maybe now we'll see her side of it, because yeah, I love.
Speaker 2: I love Nikki to death, but Nikki can't talk about being bullied. Nikki has been billion people for the last couple of.
Speaker 3: Years, last couple of years. Let's be honest, couple, come.
Speaker 1: On that, nick But I will say this, I don't think Nikki is a bully per se. I think that Nikki believes people are always doing something to her and that's not the bullies.
Speaker 20: Yeah no, no, no, no, baby.
Speaker 2: The barb is on me right.
Speaker 4: That's her, yeah, herself.
Speaker 21: But I will say, do y'all feel like, and y'all know Nicki Minaj a lot more closely than me or Jess, right, do you feel like because of the things Nicki Minaj had to deal with as she came up. So I mean not to say that it's warranted, but do we is there like empathy at all for how she be trying to, I guess protect herself.
Speaker 20: It just comes off a lot of the calls.
Speaker 2: I mean, you got to think Nikki came from a place from New York City where New York didn't really believe in her at first.
Speaker 3: She had to go out of town, played Niki music all.
Speaker 2: The time, went down to Atlanta, got caught in Atlanta, and the world fell in love with her. And they always doubted her. They doubted the way she wrapped, They dited her flow, they doubted her numbers, they doubted they always got of Nikki.
Speaker 1: So Nikki always feels like she has to punch even harder. And I understand They'll say, I've never died in Nikki. I always thought Nikki was dope since she was on the dirty money with Findy back, and they always thought she was dope, But I do feel like she feels like everybody is always against her.
Speaker 20: I feel like that.
Speaker 5: Or let's just say, like a lot of things happen that we don't see, and then when she come out online side, and then a lot of people will go and say like, oh, well, she's always mad and she's always bitter, and she's always this, that and the other, and she never happyen But things happened in the background that we don't see, and she don't She always says she got but she I guess she waits for the right time to like, I.
Speaker 4: Guess I put it out there.
Speaker 3: Nicky don't hold her tongue.
Speaker 4: But that's the thing. She don't hold her tongue. But all we see is her going out like lashing out.
Speaker 2: She's the female version of fifty cents. She does not hold her tongue. She will go at you.
Speaker 3: She does not care. She doesn't care about the backlash. But yeah, it goes hard. And nick has.
Speaker 1: Always been that right And to justice point, there is a lot of things that happened behind the scenes that people don't be knowing about. Because I'll never forget the time Nikki was on my head once about you know, her and Remy.
Speaker 3: I didn't even. I promise you, I did not know her and Remy had believe you. I did not know. It wasn't a call. We were texting. It was a Saturday morning, way way back in the day.
Speaker 1: It was off early weekend, and she was texting me and about Remy and how we're fueling beef with Remy, and I'm like, I have no I really had no idea what she was talking about. Guess what came out that day twenty later. Man, you had not even that she was beefing with that girl. Oh damn, notary what you.
Speaker 20: Text after you listen to she though and what she's saying blocks, I don't what your back.
Speaker 3: This was just like, damn, I didn't know, And don't get in twisted. Nicky will curse you out in a minute like that.
Speaker 23: But that.
Speaker 2: But that's Nikki's She's the female version of fifty CENTI me she does not hold her tongue and she has a right to.
Speaker 3: She can go at whoever she wants.
Speaker 20: But her bars, baby, just level different level. I'll say, do we have the song?
Speaker 22: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, the bar? What they go hard?
Speaker 3: I turned my phone off.
Speaker 21: Baby, They was tuned in for my teas this morning. I'm like, Envy, you talked to me about the teas that they couldn't wait. Soon as I teased it, they were in my mentions. I was like, Oh, it's kind of funny.
Speaker 5: Though harmless kids, I'm telling you they be leaving the magically delicious unicorny moviies.
Speaker 4: And you're like, you're supposed to be scared, honey. I'm like, this is the fruity is welcome ever? Thank you get that.
Speaker 20: One of the bars told me the other day my face looked like a coffee table.
Speaker 2: Or they got jokes. I used some of the jokes. I can see it now.
Speaker 21: I can see that she was about forty jests. She wasn't harmless and a kid damn getting ready for Triple A. I mean the arp old people sincey five plus whore getting ready for that. The lady that was telling me my face is like the table.
Speaker 3: Talk about Nikki. I was like, please Nikki on coffee table face, I'm talking about them, Bob Lauren couldn't take that. Laurena come in here with three new half stops.
Speaker 2: You can't take them balls. You know you think you've been attacked right to the Bobs commentioned, well, you're showing the ben attacked.
Speaker 3: Long time for the bolls.
Speaker 20: Nicki Minaj said she has receipts.
Speaker 3: Drop them. We'll report them, but I don't want to hear broken bobbies by lyrics.
Speaker 2: We ain't got it yet.
Speaker 3: No, he said, one second, you gotta clean it. Make sure it's cleaning stuff, Louis V.
Speaker 20: That's all we got is nick and y'all don talk for I had the Emmys, but we'll get to the.
Speaker 2: Friends.
Speaker 21: We're gonna do Shack Angeury's conversation with r J three we're gonna do at the Emmys because Kendrick Lamaran Beyonce is going to have to head now at the Emmy Lucas, we got a lot of good things. Okay, y all right, don't here today.
Speaker 1: We're giving your donkey two man for after the hour, we are going to discuss why life is like a box of chocolates.
Speaker 3: You never know what you're gonna get.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll get to that next breakfast come morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 14: I just wanted to know how you came up with them.
Speaker 8: Don't be the day.
Speaker 4: Because you're not.
Speaker 3: There's a bunch of donkeys. That is why Charlemagne remember life where we might are tongue based off who you may have seen, we never saying on the breakfast club the word of charlamagnea god, here's a donkey.
Speaker 8: Ah Man, Charlamagne, you've given donkey the day to who.
Speaker 1: Now well bust rhymes donkey today for when day July sixteenth goes to sixty three year.
Speaker 3: Old Pamela John Stanley.
Speaker 1: Now Pamela hails from Texas and she is currently incarcerated after allegedly attempting to send her ex husband fentanyl laced chocolates.
Speaker 3: Let's go to ABC News for the report. Police, just my little piece of paradise.
Speaker 26: Here, but feeling safe here has been a foreign and Jeff Coff's side and the lengths he's gone to.
Speaker 23: I went so far as I built a Domie may seem a bit paranoid at a mask on it and a hat and a jacket, but.
Speaker 26: It's only paranoia if no one's after you. And Kauf says his ex wife, Pamela Stanley.
Speaker 23: Was I was hoping she would move on to find happiness, and I was hoping she'd hope, you know, saying.
Speaker 2: For me, but it just didn't work out that way.
Speaker 26: Early last year, he says he heard rumors she talked about hiring a hit man. He even spoke to investigators. No charges ever came of it.
Speaker 23: It didn't really surprise me because she's kind of that way.
Speaker 2: But what did shock him?
Speaker 26: The recording investigators say they have of her latest plan.
Speaker 23: Did some fentanyl inject him into a box of high end chocolates that she was going to purchase.
Speaker 8: And have their mail to me?
Speaker 2: It was just scary? What can I say?
Speaker 23: The Parker County Sheriff's.
Speaker 26: Office says in a sting last week, and undercover.
Speaker 2: Officer provided her with a clear.
Speaker 26: Plastic baggie containing what she believed to be fentanyl. Her attorneys declined to comment.
Speaker 1: Now, kids, I was born in nineteen hundred and seventy eight, Okay, so back in my day, there was a classic film that came out in nineteen ninety four and it was called Forrest Gump.
Speaker 3: Dropping the Clues Bomb for far as Gum Run Forrest Running.
Speaker 1: It stars, in my opinion, one of, if not the greatest actor of all time, Tom Hanks, and there's an iconic line from that film that f as Gump mother said, do we have the line?
Speaker 3: My mama always said, life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get. Life is like a box of chocolate. You never know what you're gonna get.
Speaker 1: That line made so much sense to me when I was younger, but those I get the more experience I've had with boxes and chocolates, I do know what I'm gonna get in the box of chocolates. Okay, milk chocolate, doc chocolate, white chocolate, a bunch of you know, different feelings like caramel, nuts, fruit creams, truffle senters. If you've had enough of you know, boxes of chocolate, you pretty much know what's in there. But that's why Pamela John Stanley came along and said, said, let me bring the razzle dazzle. Okay, let me bring the razzle dazzle back to the box of chocolates by adding some of Rihanna's makeup to it. Okay, some of that finty beauty. All right, Pamela, I'm gonna tell you something. You have given new life to that line. Life is like a box of chocolate. You never know what you're gonna get. Okay, that line that started to lose this luster a long time ago, until you decided you wanted to kill your ex husband by putting powdered fentanyl into his box of chocolates. Now, what's crazy is we just talked about recording a special mode moments. The only reason she was caught is because she told a friend in a conversation or an acquaintance in a conversation that she didn't know was being recorded, that she planned on sending the Fenton al Lace chocolate to her ex husband, making it a pair like the package was from a travel agency as a congratulations gift for his recent engagement with a honeymoon incentive offer.
Speaker 3: Her ex husband said he wasn't surprised because.
Speaker 1: She's kind of that way. What the hell does that mean? She's kind of that way? When did she get that way?
Speaker 12: Sir?
Speaker 3: How long has she been that way?
Speaker 8: Sir?
Speaker 3: You was married to her for fourteen years, sir?
Speaker 2: Was she that way?
Speaker 24: Then?
Speaker 3: Listen?
Speaker 1: This is a prime example of why the best revenge is always success.
Speaker 3: Pamela.
Speaker 1: I'll understand you and your ex husband didn't work out after fourteen years, but this is not how you get your get back. Okay, your ex husband said, and I quote, I was hoping she would move on to find happiness. I was hoping she would hope the same for me, but it just didn't work out that way, Pamela, after a divorce, after a breakup, you're supposed to go get sexy on these holes, Okay, Go get right, all right, get in the best shape of your life physically, mentally, spiritually, and emotionally. You're supposed to make your ex husband regret the divorce, not make him feel like he dodged the bullet literally.
Speaker 3: Okay, Pamela.
Speaker 1: If you can come up with a calculator strategy like lacing a box of chocolates with fentanyl to kill your ex husband, and you can do anything you put your mind to, Okay. I don't understand why folks want to become super villains. There is absolutely zero reason to resort to throwing your life away while the person you're trying to hurt is out here living their best life. You became obsessed with your setback, and you can't allow yourself to move forward. If you are not willing to let go of your pass, please give Pamela John Stanley the Sweet Sounds of the Hamiltons.
Speaker 3: Oh no, you are the doge.
Speaker 2: Of the day.
Speaker 4: Dogee ah the day.
Speaker 3: She's still in jail right now too. She's got a bard of four hundred and fifty thousand.
Speaker 4: That's good as she in jail.
Speaker 5: But like you said, if she can put her mind in doing that, like if she can do something like that, man, imagine what she can do like great things in the world, like what like what like?
Speaker 7: Yo?
Speaker 1: She she laced the box of chocolates were fitting on and almost like and then came up with this whole idea to send it through from a traveler.
Speaker 3: Congratulations.
Speaker 4: If she's clever as hell.
Speaker 3: Off her crazy honeymoon with a box of chocolate.
Speaker 5: Oh, these type of people that are supposed to be like oh hell no, got you look God, that's Elizabeth or method.
Speaker 3: Us exactly Jesus, she put me in her milk. Hell everything comes with a side of method Thank you for that, Donkey to.
Speaker 2: Day right all right, Well, when we come back, the CEO of Afro Future formerly of Afro Cella abdu Abdullah will be joining us. He's gonna talk to us about Afro Afro Future, which they do every year in Ghana. He's bringing it to the state. So we're gonna talk about that, so don't go anywhere.
Speaker 3: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Wanting everybody is j N V.
Speaker 2: Jesse, Larry Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Lawla Roses here as well.
Speaker 3: We got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, the founder and CEO of Afro Future, Abdu Abdullah, Welcome, brother, pleasure to be here with how you feeling?
Speaker 8: I feel real good? Thanks for God.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 3: Tell people what that what Afro Future is from.
Speaker 27: Yeah, Afrofuture is a cultural immersion platform that we created in Ghana to celebrate africulture and also to just break it down to people in a way that's direct. We celebrate food, fashion, art and obviously music as well. In my opinion and our team opinion, we feel like equal parts of all of this gives you a clear understanding of what it's like to visit the continent and that's what we've been doing for the past eight years, inviting people back to Ghana and for the first time ever was showing up in Detroit.
Speaker 3: So no, I was at the last Afroo.
Speaker 8: Yes you was? You was at the last one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's when y'all announced it was gonna be Afro Future the next year.
Speaker 8: That's correct.
Speaker 27: It was an opportunity for us to really kind of grow beyond what we've been. I mean, right now, we know that one in ten people by twenty five things going to be African. Afe is the youngest continent. There's just a lot of opportunity, and there's been so much misinformation about Africa for so long. I grew up here, I'm like my house, I'm the American kid, but when I went out to school, I was the African kid. So the best way I could do is just kind of bring the world together, and that's what we've been trying to do with this festival.
Speaker 3: Why did y'all change your name from Afro Tailer to Afrofuture.
Speaker 8: I mean, I think that obviously there was there was a lot of there was a lot of issues that we had.
Speaker 3: They sued you like they sue everybody. They did just suit me.
Speaker 27: But I mean, I mean, beyond that, it was just an opportunity for us to like kind of grow beyond where we were. This gives us an opportunity to let people know that there's a lot happening on the continent and you should be a part of that right as far as creativity, entertainment, as far as business. You know, there's so much happening on the continent that everyone should be a part of. And I have a future kind of speaks to that journey.
Speaker 3: But people don't come for the name, they come for the event.
Speaker 27: That's exactly what RIGHT is and the experience that we've been creating. You know, you've done that without any corporate partners. So that's just like a team of people who was really invested in seeing the entertainment business own continent grow. For us to create opportunities for people on the ground, to change the economy in our own country, but also just to kind of showcase some of these talents. Right when we started in twenty seventeen, they weren't playing any afrobeats music on the radio. Ten years later, you can't go to a party, you can't go to a spot in New York without it. And you know, for us, one of the best accomplishments is like a lot of people were able to visit the continent because of our experience. They started in Ghana, but they've grown since to South Africa, to Nigeria, and Ghana was just that that entry away.
Speaker 4: Why Detroit for the first stop in the US? Why not New York?
Speaker 27: I mean New York. I feel like I'm from New York. Everyone that needs to know about what we're doing on the continent is aware. This is like a cultural melting pot. We have a restaurant here. People know what's going on in this side of the city. But one of the things that we've learned is that there's an opportunity Detroit being one of the most creative places also one of the blackest cities in America, and we could build that bridge between Detroit and the continent, like there's no saying where things can go. And that's the opportunity there. And then also we have an amazing partner in Bedrock that's that's promoting opportunities and business in the city. So we're looking at it as an opportunity to kind of grow our audience and not just kind of speak to the same people.
Speaker 3: That's crazy to think that y'all don't have no sponsorships.
Speaker 8: No, we have sponsorships. When you were there a few years, we had some sponsorships.
Speaker 27: What we don't have is a corporate sponsors So we never had like a live Nation Shire where any of those brands behind us. We literally built this from the mud. And as far as sponsorships, we've had some of the first ever. So when when Meta wanted to first come to the continent, they showed up to our festival, we were able to work with them. When you two wanted to announce shorts, we were able to build the playground in our field. Audio Mac, we brought the CEO of Audio Mac to Ghana. We ran this program called the Rising Star program and now Audio Mac is now the number one downloaded app in West Africa, you know. So we were able to be that conduit for a lot of brands that want to come to the continent and then we've been doing business like that since.
Speaker 20: But those aren't considered corporate sponsors, even though.
Speaker 27: They are corporate sponsors, but they don't. You can't build an event with corporate sponsors because you're probably not going to get the money to after the event is over. But like if you have like a festival partner, we're still an independent festival and that we eat what we killed.
Speaker 2: Basically, so you started off with four thousand attendees. Did you expect it to be this big as a concert series or was it one of those things where it was more like a smaller well.
Speaker 27: I just wanted a place for us to connect. There were so many people in the diaspora that were doing amazing and things, whether it was in London or it was in America, but we just could never connect. We just came to Deddy December and we just partied and went away. So with the festival, this is an opportunity to really kind of showcase what the amazing people on the continent that are doing, but also like how we can help and how we can add the sauce to it as well. But I did think we were going to be big. I didn't think we were going to be big as fast. So we started in twenty seventeen. The year one we did four thousand people, Year two we did twelve thousand, and then year three was a year of return. So it kind of forced us to scale faster than we were ready to.
Speaker 1: And then I think the rise of afrobeats because the year I was there had burned a boy headline.
Speaker 27: Yeah that was there was two years in the making. Yeah, we've had almost we've had all of them performed for ourselves. We've had whisk Kid We've had Davy Dough, We've had a shot K. We've even had Rema for like one of our side events that we did. You know, we did a fashion out experience with ig Instagram and we had Rema. They are performing, So we've pretty much been the launching path for a lot of people. Uncle Waffles probably wanted to biggest DJs right now. We were one of the first people to fly out of the Southern Africa to Ghana. Put on the billboard she performed at our show. We've done that for a lot of artists, I mean a lot of that on my piano artists through the pandemic we broke in Ghana.
Speaker 5: Four thousand is still a lot for the first festival, So that's amazing to go from four thousand and forty one thousand, is I mean four thousand, Yeah, four thousand and forty one thousand is amazing, But for the first time, four thousand is still a lot.
Speaker 8: Yeah. We actually shut it down yeah the first year.
Speaker 27: Yeah, we were afraid that it was like people were not going to be able to have as much fun or we weren't going to be able to control it. So we wanted to be able to still make sure people had a good time, so we actually shut it down when it got to a certain limit. We wanted to make sure we had that good premium experience.
Speaker 4: Did you have any problems that, No, No, that.
Speaker 27: That first year was just it was it was a learned experience. It was accomplishment. I remember, like, you know, being very happy that we was able to kind of see our vision through. But we didn't really have that many experience issues that first year.
Speaker 2: What's the hardest thing you face do any shows? Was it sponsorships? Is it people?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 8: I think there's a combination of all of that. You know.
Speaker 27: Our first time was just really just kind of understanding the business. We had no idea how to throw a festival. We know how to do parties, but we didn't know how to do festivals. The second year was just more by scale, right, just understanding like logistics and how to deal with people moving from like what was polo field to a stadium. The third year was just kind of scaling where our company wasn't just ready to kind of get all of those people coming in for the year returned, but also Ghana's tourism wasn't quite ready for the amount of people that came into that year of return. So yeah, there's a combination of money, there's a combination of just kind of learning, opportunity capacity building in the space. Equipment is one of the things that we don't necessarily have much of the continent, so the expense is high. And now we're dealing with cost of talent, right, So like all of those things are different. At different points, there was this different hard things.
Speaker 1: I don't even like going outside, but I remember when I first went to Ghana, everybody was like, yo, Ghana's night life is incredible, And I remember thinking Ghana's nightlife and me and my wife and our team was outside every night.
Speaker 27: Yeah, very important, like we they do, like people on the continent know how to have a good time. And in December, everybody's off, right, it's like a vacation for everybody. So the reality is you can go out every night.
Speaker 3: The restaurants club was in Silver Fox.
Speaker 27: Yeah, you can have a vibe from morning to morning, like you know what I mean, And people do it and I love that for people. And depending on the type of experience you want to have, you can have that party track, you can have the tourist track, you can have the Restroe track. It's really your choice.
Speaker 2: I was still kicking with Abdulah, the CEO of Afro Future. It used to be called Afro Chill if you remember. They take it to Ghana each and every year, but this year they're bringing it to the States.
Speaker 1: I was saying to myself, I want to go to Ghana outside of December, which I'm going to do, but absolutely because I wanted, like, how was it throughout the rest of the year.
Speaker 27: No, you can have what you see in December. It's not foreign to people. People do this weekly in Ghana if they want to, Like, you know what we see in December. I know a lot of people is surprised to them, but this is some people do this weekly if they want to. But like, you can have a great time in the you know, during Easter, you can have a great time in the summertime. It's just not as packed with foreigners, right, but the experience is still the same. You can still have fun at the restaurants, the clubs are still packed. People are still having a good time. And you know, we just had a change of government this year in Ghana as well, so that you know, the economy is coming back to where it's supposed to be, and I think people are getting more there's more consumer confidence.
Speaker 2: Why people reach out to you because we had the CEO and chairman of rich Yeah, that was like that would be dope to do, like a Friday Night Afro Future.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't understand the conversation, but people are mad about the whole Africans, you know, the whole Africans.
Speaker 3: Versus Black American argument.
Speaker 1: And you know, Black Americans have been complaining that African is different than Black culture and they felt like Essence was trying to force it on people.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 27: I mean, I think at the core of it is all about misunderstanding and we just really are not speaking to each other, were speaking past each other. And the reason why our festival exists is really to just kind of domestify and really make you understand and the African American And you've been to the continent, you know that people love you, right because this is all they consume, your content, the music, the art, everything. And then I'm also a child that's like was born here in America, so part of my life is an African American lifestyle. Went to high school, I went to college here. So I think really it's just kind of making sure we understand and respect each other at its core. On the continent, if you grow up there, all you see is black people versus where you grew up here in America. You go to college, you go to go to work, there's these microaggressions and things that you don't that you have to face. It's a very different understanding for everyone, right, so on you know, think about hierarchy of needs on the continent, that the need is just we need.
Speaker 2: We need to eat.
Speaker 27: So it doesn't matter if that I'm dealing with a little bit of racism because at the end of the day, I got to eat, whereas here I need to survive.
Speaker 8: I need to live.
Speaker 27: So that racist them, that that's oppressive, that that that that you know, that takes away from my joy, you know what I mean. And I think that just really respecting everyone's perspective on their need at that point is really what I think needs to happen. But I also think that we just need to learn about each other a little bit more and we could find those.
Speaker 4: Synergy speaking of eating rice or jambalaya.
Speaker 27: So we so we actually did that event, My boys and I did that event, right, I don't think that they should be mad at us. I think that's really just understanding why we did it right. So Jumbalaya is a version of what jelf would be, or like a rendition of it. So I don't know if anybody here has seen high in the hog. We're talking about food origins. Really, we were just trying to connect people. Our goal is not to make it a competition, and we didn't compete against the rice. It's really just kind of like, let you know, if you're African, this is the opportunity for you to learn about Jambalaya. If if you're an American, this is your opportunity to take some je of rice. And and that was just a way of us trying to connect the culture and connect people through basketballs what that people love, and then also through food and just kind of build that connection. I think we could probably could have did a better storytelling opportunity of just kind of the connectivity between Jumbalayan and Jewel Off. And I think that's great feedback. But I don't think of it as a way for us to erase anybody's culture or like you know, africanize anybody's culture. Our goal is to be respectful. We should be respectful, and I think that that's the that's the goal that I'm learning.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, if you show up, you hungry, I want both where to come from?
Speaker 1: I want to Yeah, my guy chef BJ Benjamin Dennessee, he was on High on the Hull and from Charleston, South Carolina, exactly from back line where I'm from.
Speaker 3: I'm not West Africa.
Speaker 1: So it's like a lot of the things that we eat and stuff are rooted in West African culture.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's some of the things that we want to do. We want to tell more.
Speaker 27: Stories about food and the origins because if you look at a lot of food that people were eating here in America, across the Caribbean and across the content, there's so many similarities, but there's rarely any places that you can go and find if you were born here in America. Like, for instance, we know about I know about jay Z's history from getting into the End, and like I follow all of his albums and I know the next story is going to come on the next one. We don't necessarily have that about our afrobeats artists. I think there's an opportunity there for us to tell those stories and that happens for all categories. The same thing in art, same thing and fashion, same thing in food. We need to tell those stories and that's why our platform exists to be able to tell those stories and buy into that. Like we all loved Black Panther when it came out, although it's not real. We all loved The Women King when it came out. But we need more shows, more movies like that, because if somebody is sitting here in America and all they've been taught is that Africa is full of poverty, and as an African, I know a lot of young Africans that didn't want to associate with that either, so it kind of makes sense. But now if we can tell you, with the Internet penetrating at forty and fifty percent in Africa right now, Africans are able to tell you in real life who they are and what they do and the type of lifestyles that they live and vice versa.
Speaker 1: Man, I've made it my business to take my family to somewhere on the continent at least won't see you. Yeah, So I've been to Johannesburg, I've been to Zanzibar and Tanzania.
Speaker 3: I've been to Ghana. I'm going to Cape Town.
Speaker 8: Is amazing.
Speaker 1: When you see these places, you like, wow. Yeah, I say it all the time. They lied to us about the opportunity.
Speaker 27: Yeah, and just beyond that, like I was on Kamala's the group that went to the continent when she went to Africa, And for me, it's very important for everybody to if the whole world is fighting for a piece of Africa, why aren't you looking at that as an opportunity for yourself? And our festival is a way to introduce it, right, you know, something that you're familiar with, come to the continent that experience the food, experience or experience fashion, experience the music in real time with the people on the ground, smell and feel the place, and then you know, use that as an opportunity the next time you come to see how you can help, how you can work with somebody to make something really dope happen.
Speaker 8: That's our goal.
Speaker 3: I think what y'all doing is amazing.
Speaker 2: And when is the show in Detroit?
Speaker 27: Detroit is August sixteenth and seventeenth. We have a lot of cool things planned in Detroit. So you put hip hop on that a little bit. Yeah, yeah, yeah, We gotta have we gotta have all. Yeah, we gotta have a little bit of culture all over there. Right, So there's a little hip hop, there's a little dance music, there's a little on my piano, and then afro beats.
Speaker 8: Our goal is to really.
Speaker 27: Introduce afro beats to people who have not really had an immersive experience and also just to kind of give people some things that they're familiar with. But for us, our approach is really community. So we're partnering with groups like Black Tech Saturdays, we're Venture three one three. We're doing a pitch competition to get back to the community. We're talking to some of the business leaders you know, and and bringing them into our community. We're running like a bar business crawl just to kind of make sure when people come to Detroit they know what business is to support and how to support them.
Speaker 3: If Detroit go me the city whole city every year right now?
Speaker 27: Yes, yes, we are, We're doing Detroit. We have a great partnership there. We love the community there. They're very you know, their creativity and they're welcoming attitude reminds me of what we what we were building when we started and gunding us We're very excited about that. But we do have smaller other activations around the US that that we're looking to bring. I want to South Carolina, Yeah, invite us. We woul definitely love to do it then out there, love to do some experiences out there. We're working with arts artists, people who you know, painters, We're working with fashion designers. Got some cool one. This is a young designer called bing. We just brought them the synagogue. So we want to we want to continue to you know, celebrate, you know, the culture and bring people together.
Speaker 3: That's all.
Speaker 1: My ancestry is Senegalue, Sierra Leon, that whole Mali region.
Speaker 27: Yeah, that's a beautiful senagogue. It is very beautiful. Like the beach is the beach town. I encourage everyone to just visit, like, just go and experience it and I'm sure that.
Speaker 8: You will love it. And you see the vibe that we're talking about right.
Speaker 2: Well, they have it. The founding CEO of Afro Future, Abdula Abdullah. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club owning everybody. It's DJ env just hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the latest with Lauren Laurena be coming straight fast. She gets them from somebody that knows somebody detail.
Speaker 20: I'm the homegirl that knows a little bit about everything, and she'd.
Speaker 3: Be having the latest on you. The latest with Lauren la Rosa.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you have fact, sometimes you have details. Sometimes you have a little bit of everything. So it's the lads on the Breakfast Club talk to me, all right, y'all.
Speaker 21: So the Emmy nominations dropped yesterday and big talk of the town and Emmy noms and the fact that Kendrick Lamar and Beyonce are going to be going head to head.
Speaker 20: So Beyonce's Beyonce.
Speaker 21: Bowl Heart the Special that she did and Kendrick Lamar Super Bowl Haveftime Show are both nominated for Outstanding Choreography and Outstanding Variety Special.
Speaker 20: Other nominees in this category.
Speaker 21: I thought that this was fire for Doci Dochi's twenty twenty five Grammy Awards performance and then the Oscar the twenty twenty five Oscar Tribute to Quincy Jones and SNL's SNL fifty the Anniversary special that they did this past year. So big category. There's also a ton of other people that were nominated for Big Things. Quintin Brunson nominated for Best Actress in a Comedy Series, Best Writing for a Comedy Series, Abbot Elementary, ao Edaburry for the Bear, Best Actress in a Comedy Series, Best Directing for Comedy Series. Cole Man Domingo also got a nomen as well. Shirley Ralph as well for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series Elementary.
Speaker 20: So congratulations to everybody has been nominated this year.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I do have to say evens matter though, because out of all of those events you name, the only two I remember is the Beyonce Bowl and the Super Bowl half time performed.
Speaker 21: Yeah, y'all didn't I remember we did SNL fifty in here. Y'all didn't really care for that.
Speaker 2: I don't even remember where too much. I remember I should did this on the radio, I don't remember.
Speaker 5: It was a couple of them that that I did. Like it was like the skits with Dave Chappelle, Will Ferrell, the funnier ones. Yeah, not the whole thing overall. It wasn't as funny as I thought it should have been for it to be SNL fifty. But yeah, it was some pretty cool moments.
Speaker 21: Yeah, but people were talking a lot about how like these performances in these live moments now are becoming It's not just a performance, it's like a historical event at this point because it lives on and gets awards and things of that nature.
Speaker 3: So I want Rock won a bunch of awards with a super Bowl after unperformance. Yeah, I think everyone they've done pretty much is yeah, snoop, definitely. I'm sure it was one of them. I feel like they have I think so.
Speaker 21: Yes, it's been a lot, but yes, congratulations to those people, to those guys. But in other Kendrick, I guess related news because remember we were having a conversation to hear about UK Rappers versus the US Rappers and Charlotte you mentioned you can't wait for Jodan Lucas to come and say what he needs to say. So Jordan Lucas and Scepto, we're already skeptics except the skeptic. We're already having this little back and forth about that. Jordan Lucas finally dropped a sick a.
Speaker 2: Listen, he killed it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he killed Lucas gets busy, he killed who in the I'm not even joking. I said, I like UK rappers who in the UK can touch any American rapper joint and not even considered like and joint is phenomenal. But that wouldn't even be considered a team. So what you're gonna do against the A team? I would put join in the A team. And it was just everything was just based off lyrics, based off lyrics, but based off careers he had joined exactly. But if joint it gets busy.
Speaker 4: All Americans get it man like man, we get busy.
Speaker 3: Over Marsham would actually wash a lot of rappers.
Speaker 4: If you want, man, you got bottle man.
Speaker 3: We got so many exactly, I'm not playing with you.
Speaker 4: I'm naming the people that we got some great, great people.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Now Louis V is here, and Louis V just probably gave us where we would lose.
Speaker 3: Said, I'm sorry, oh wow, I ain't going that far. That's me. I ain't going that, Luther, but I ain't going that you know, so fast?
Speaker 2: He didn't even say so far, he said, he said, NICKI minax boyfriend, evening, damn say so far name man and look I would have me.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't even have thought so far, you said, Nicky, me is.
Speaker 2: Washing you can't wash man baw washing what bow definitely gonna go in.
Speaker 3: Depends who the person is up. No, no, no, depends on the person bound.
Speaker 1: Don't play, I'm not gonna you can't rappers get busy, depends on the person is play with that. Plus about that, I don't even bout don't rap like that, get busy too. But he don't rap like that, like you don't rap like how. I don't know if he could make what joint of Lucas just me.
Speaker 2: He can't.
Speaker 1: Now, if you're talking about songwriting, yeah, I give about to make a song a hit, but going out somebody?
Speaker 5: What about soldier boy, soldier man, Yeah, soldier boy, soldier evil.
Speaker 7: With it.
Speaker 21: I'm so glad you guys are not picking the lineup of they do.
Speaker 4: The things we were good.
Speaker 3: Shout up Louis vif so far.
Speaker 4: That nobody who cares?
Speaker 20: Lord have mercy?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 21: And wrapping up r G three injuries, there has been this. I wouln't even say it was a back and forth, but Shaquille O Neil Shack came out. He had some words for RG three, taking up for Angel recess.
Speaker 18: Take a listen, r G three tweeting tweeting another monkey post about my girl injury. Some punch in your face. It's enough, Like I don't usually do stuff like this, but just stop it, bro, You got your job, you got your podcast. Leave my angeluries along. I'm the one calling her and telling her not to respond. Stop it. That's the last time. First of all, let them girls like, leave them alone. It's a shame that all the stuff you did in your life, you're gonna be remembered for your podcast. That to tell you you're not that great. You already spoke on it. So what he hates so so what I hate you. Now we're messing with her. Now say something by me, because she's not soft by any means. You're from the streets. But I'm like, you're beautiful. Don'ling dogs with these fools. Because he's a fool. I respect it more if Lisa Leslie said it, like that's your all category. Stay out of them people's category.
Speaker 4: I believe listen, I know how he came for her.
Speaker 5: He crashed out about the women that he do love your for real, like he really be threatening people over over, you know, women that he take up for.
Speaker 2: I believe every word, Shack said Shack will punch you deadness face.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but who is RG three like white or something? But what's up with the monkey? So when you're back, I don't know, no, damn risk.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 21: So, when when Angel Reess NBA two K cover came out, people started having conversations about why Caitlyn Clark didn't get the cover, and RG three has been very like he's he's been adding to that narrative of Kaitlyn Clark versus Angel Rey.
Speaker 4: But what's the monkey thing?
Speaker 21: So when the cover drops and there was a monkey cover that people put they made Angelies to be a monkey on the cover, r G three reposted it and basically was trying to say, Okay, y'all need to chill now, doctor Martle Martin Luther King's daughter Bernice King came out and said, this is exactly why we've been telling you stop even entertaining that conversation, and then Shaq jumped in that's wow.
Speaker 20: Yeah, it's been a whole thing.
Speaker 1: I respect Shack standing up for Angel from r G three. I'm trying them though, Shack worth four hundred million dollars. Punch me, please punch me, punch me. I'm falling out. I'm I'm having a see jumped on myself.
Speaker 28: Please please, Papa John's I'm sorry, please please, And it was a premeditated threat to Oh Lord man, why have you blessed me in this way?
Speaker 2: God?
Speaker 1: Not God, Jesus like, thank you, White Jesus. Finally, me and my wife Blue, you know I live.
Speaker 3: After this hit.
Speaker 2: Get pushed too.
Speaker 3: All right, Well that's the latest with Lauren.
Speaker 2: Thank you Lauren.
Speaker 3: Now let's get to the People's Choice Mixed get your request.
Speaker 2: Then it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, you're checking out the Breakfast Club Morning. Everybody's DJ Envy, Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club reminding you guys, four days left to my car show. Salute to everybody in the seven five seven one on three jams. You guys have shown so much love. The city has shown so much love for this car show. You know.
Speaker 3: Of course I went to Hampton. I was down there by what five six years.
Speaker 2: My wife went to Old Dominion. I got so many roots out there. To every body out there from the clips, push that who's been calling me fam Lay and Tony, everybody out there. I appreciate you. DJ Vince the locals down there that loved me so much. You showed me so much love, Like that's really my home body, Sea, So I love you and I got so much love from Virginia. We're doing so much Virginia coming up in the next couple of years. So I just want Virginia to know I feel love. Thank you so much. All right now, what we also got to say salute to ab Abdullah for joining us this morning. He's the CEO of AFRO Future and then bringing.
Speaker 13: It to the D.
Speaker 2: Come on, what's wrong with you? Man?
Speaker 4: You know we bringing it to the D. What y'all gonna d for it?
Speaker 2: Like, come on, calm down, say what you're gonna do, bring it to the D.
Speaker 3: I don't even want AFRO to have a future now after what I've heard you just said, Like why.
Speaker 1: Yes, but they are bringing it to Detroit and I love what Adula them is doing. Man, Like I don't know why we don't want to get more connected to our African ancestry.
Speaker 3: It makes no sense to me, even the conversations people we haven't now about, you know.
Speaker 1: Getting mad because African African culture is represented at Essence Fest.
Speaker 3: Like what are we doing?
Speaker 2: This is weird.
Speaker 3: It's definitely like what are we doing?
Speaker 4: And this weekend y'all. If y'all are out in Milwaukee.
Speaker 5: Make sure y'all get your tickets for the Just Hilarious des The Alexander Show, The Bad Parents and tour. We got two shows Friday at the Mprov and the two shows Saturday at the Mprov. I will be doing meet and greet at the late shows Friday and Saturday night, So get your tickets if you have not yet, and don't forget to get your tickets for Arlington, Texas next week as well. I'll be at the Improv Friday and Saturday, y'all. Jess Hilariousofficial dot com see y'all next week.
Speaker 2: It was time to get up out of here, all right, Charloman, you got a positive note?
Speaker 1: I do, but I just want to remind everybody that tomorrow, you know, my wife and I we opened up some Crystal franchises in South Carolina, and tomorrow we're cutting the ribbon on the second one in Walterboro, South Carolina.
Speaker 4: Graduation.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, twelve twenty two Bells Highway in Walterboro, South Carolina. I'll be at Crystal from ten forty five to eleven.
Speaker 3: Forty five on the dot. Okay, so yeah, I'll see y'all tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Walter Borrow with the positive notice, simply, this healing makes you realize some people don't deserve to be around you, no matter how much you love them. Okay, unconditional love doesn't mean unconditional tolerance of abuse, disrespect, or bs. It's unconditional love, not unconditional boundaries.
Speaker 3: Have a great day, breakfast club, bitch
Speaker 8: It, you don'na finish, or y'all done.