Speaker 1: Happy Monday and welcome him and everybody to Leading Off. I am the Welsh Chris Welf. That is Casey Bubba, and this is Leading Opera to you buy Prize picks, Price Picks by the way, brand new logo. Keep go and check out Theater Off. I know that I couldn't even find me out for a little bit, but you can easily find it. Type in Price Pick, download, use a promo code at Leading Off. Get a one hundred percent matchup to one hundred bucks. Do it today, Get prize picking because we are going to get some prize picking a little bit later, as well as everything else under the Baseball sun. Where have Cormyn Carroll and I been? There's a hint coming, who's gotten injured? The best bets and more? Bubba, you were hanging out with the Fantasy Baseball Elite last week, so I just wanted to get a little quick recap. Any good stories. Who was the drunkest? Tell me some good stories.
Speaker 2: We're not going to do that on the show. Wells co and we.
Speaker 1: Know who is, we know who was most drinking.
Speaker 3: Drink you know, you know, you know had a great time, you know had a great time, and everyone knew it and we love it for that. That's what makes it, you know, you know, but it was an awesome time. It felt like f pats like I don't even remember. I was watching Strider a lot, obviously, but when Stryder wasn't on the mound, I could probably not care a whole lot about the game.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: It was just ridiculous hanging out there and having a good time and watching some a great team dominate a bad team.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's good. I mean, that's a very good way to say it. Nick Pollock, yourself, eno seris, I'm trying to adjustin.
Speaker 3: Mason, Sammy Reed, Jake Crumpler from pittro List was there, Steve Leandress was there. There's there, Danielle was there, the important Mason was there. So the Salinger I should say, but yeah, there's a ton of good people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a good good people, and I was just jealous that I wasn't there. So come on out to Arizona. That's right, Yeah, come out and hang out with us where baseball is going to be thriving, and we'll be talking about a lot of offseason stuff. Whips right here was saying Arizona was hot this weekend apparently, which you come out to Arizona for our fantasy football draft. How does Welsh live there? It is hot. I have a pool though, so that's how we live here.
Speaker 3: I've told so many people because I always want to retire, like in the Arizona Scottsdale area, somewhere out there. People go, it's so hot. I'm like, you have air conditioning and swimming pools. That's what you do people. It's very simple.
Speaker 1: My air conditioning never goes off. I have swimming pools. The only thing is Arizona used to be the place where you go when it's like, hey, you don't want to live in California because Arizona is cheaper. It's not so much cheaper anyways, so that has changed a little bit. But thank you guys for hanging out with us. As always, if you guys got some fantasy questions, you can pop them in the chat. If you guys are watching us live, we will try to get to those if we can. And let's get right into it. For this Monday edition of Leading Off, Felix Fatista the Mountain hits the Iel with what was being described as some form of a UCL injury. That all but hits too home for all of us. With the UCL injury world yeniar Cano protected a one run lead in a perfect ninth, getting a save on Saturday against Rockies. I didn't look on Sunday actually, now that I'm thinking about it, but Cano ends up being what, in my mind was not just like the top option, but like instantly like a top twelve to fifteen closer. I played in an Attino league, which is on Fangraphs, and I'm really pissed off about it because I need closers bad and I put an auction out on Cano for ten bucks, and I thought that was aggressive. He locked in last night for eleven dollars and I wanted to kick myself for it, but like, that's a lot of money for a free agent wave away our guys. So Batista this injury, and Canoe is a replacement Bubba what he got.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. It's Canoe all the way.
Speaker 3: He was the top guy to target this week and on you know, one of the best teams in baseball. Batista's been getting saved after save. Canoe is gonna get his fair share. You know, Tanner Scott would have been your alternative option if if you couldn't get him.
Speaker 2: But big difference in the team quality with this.
Speaker 3: So I'm with you on Cano great like elite stuff to start the season, scuffle the mid season, he's been back to pretty close to elite form.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't be shocked if.
Speaker 3: In just a month's time he gets you eight to ten saves, Like he's that good.
Speaker 2: So it's a big move.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, this is a bit like the Tanner Scott situation. Is David Robertson, after making the trades they did, he's been taken off of the closer role, and it looks like Tanner Scott, according to Craig Mish, is going to be the guy that was a.
Speaker 2: Nice that what's that Scott got the save on Sunday?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So like that's like a nice alternative if I were ranking it, you know, that's probably like a low teen's early twenties type of closer. Canoe really legitimately could being like a top ten. Yeah, this is like the in football turm, not we're in a baseball podcast. In football terms, it'd be like Naja Harris going down in Jalen Warren coming in. It's like this is the type of replacement on any other on the Diamondbacks, Canoe would probably be a top ten closer for save opportunities.
Speaker 3: This is like when Josh Hater got treated and Devin Williams walked in. It's that kind of transition, like you're getting an elite closer. Davin Williams was still like pretty close to your Leasee. Similar situation there.
Speaker 1: I mean elite low walk rates only four point one percent, that's fourth for top three percent or four percent of the league as best twenty three almost twenty four percent K percentage expected. Dra is still in a good spot. I mean, just a power closer that you guys got to pick up. And if you had Felix Patista, I think you're screwed. You know you Wonkey said it. I think the best where was that comment where it was like my UCL is starting to hurt and I can find it, but oh yeah, like even my like this is that like I'll give I'll take take my UCL, Like stop with the UCL injuries. This is a stank ass, stank situation.
Speaker 3: Like non fantasy related. I feel so bad for Orioles fans because their team's so darn good right now and they're going to make the playoffs and Cano is still good, but wouldn't it be a lot nice to have Canoe in the eighth of Moatista in the night. Like that's just a huge blow come post season times.
Speaker 1: But it's also why you want like the depth you possibly can't.
Speaker 2: That's why teams make those trades. Like you're like, what are you doing? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Another thing is going to be interesting, is you know, following those guys that are like the must ads, because what's in interesting is like Cano is probably one of three or four closers or I guess eight min eighth inning setup guys that were like you probably should just own him in case this guy goes down. But Batista had been such a lockdown guy it literally only could be injury where Cano was going.
Speaker 2: To do this.
Speaker 1: But he's been awesome. He's a must pick up if he's available in your league and didn't get already picked up, go do it. Shoheyo Tani tripled, doubled, and walked twice on Saturday as Angels won. He did not play or he did play on some im sorry he went oh for four, But just any thoughts on like he just went like we were we expressed all of our concerns. We haven't had any updates and he just played this weekend and he's just doing his thing, bubba, So you know, I mean not not that anyone was making any reactionary moves, but I guess this is just tell everybody that you know, he's gonna go. I still feel like until the proverbial wheels fall off, is them being eliminated from the playoffs, he'll stop. But we also got the report this is not a good one. But yeah where twist here, Angels management said they offered to do testing on Otani and his crew denied it. And that's a bad look for putting Otani's group in bad light. That that's those things in free agency. I'm all out here preaching like, oh, they're gonna resign. He's gonna resign with the Angels, not only like seeing those things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so a couple of things.
Speaker 3: So Tany keeps pacing out with attorney UCL which is just insanity, giving the unicorn theory even more. Like he's hitting next for basically has hitting home or stealing two bags in one game, Like he's just doing things.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't be doing.
Speaker 3: Probably the Mets had a great tweet I believe it was Sunday morning because in batting practice he broke a light bulb and the the the scoreboard and he said, Otani stopped breaking things, please AKA because the UCL then the light. That's pretty funny. But yes, I'm glad you brought that that tweet up. I like that I saw that you saw about management because Atony's been getting hurt a lot lately leaving games.
Speaker 2: He had like a dead arm period and other things.
Speaker 3: And when they offered to do that UCL I even said them all, if an employer asks an employee, which is that situation to go do something, usually you do it unless there's some other conflicts taking place there. So the facto Tani's group said no tells me a lot about the idea of him coming back to the Angels right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do think it has something to do with that. I think it's also a bad look on the Angels in general of like what control do you have over your players? Like that's one of those things like as a parent, like you'd be like, well, this is not a choice, like we're gonna do you keep coming out of games with whatever type of arm, fatigue, whatever, Let's check this out. So this is good, So I think it's another also bad look on the Angels for just not pushing it. But he continues to go. He continues to roll, and he continues to play. Mister Corbin Kerro, who would talk about here in a little bit, went two for three with a triple and a pair of runs scored. He now has hits in five of his last seven games, and all five of those games are multi hit games BA BA and in a clash of stats that really do not help us at all in fantasy outside of just being fun and they obviously it can lead to something bigger. Corbyn Carroll's I believe home to home or first to home or however it was. I think it was Home to Home was like the fastest in all baseball. It beat Bobby Witt Juniors. But it wasn't fast enough because it was met by a ninety nine point seven mile per hour throw from Ellie day La Cruz. As Corbyn Carroll was coming in to attempt a inside the park, Homer probably one of only two players that could have thrown him out. Him and Mason win with a perfect throw in there. So the you know, the home to home and the and the speed of the throw, both things that are not Fantasy qualifiers here, but they ended up being a big piece for Ellie versus Corbyn Carroll, which I was a series I actually thought about going to this week and I just didn't get out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that'd have been you know, with your athletic connections now you think you might get a little pass to go talk to some of these boys.
Speaker 2: That would have been a fun one nashally, but yeah, but I yeah, it's it's great that, you know, visiting Pandora has really helped Carol swing. That is a I told you some low altitude stuff was exactly Rogers ayahuasca.
Speaker 3: Maybe he's gotta let your mind free, go go have a little fun out there. But yeah, it's good to see Carol heating up. Ellie's a freak. Those are the kind of things that remind us that baseball's fun, and even when we're hating Fantasy all these days because you know, Pitcher stinks or something, that kind of stuff's fun.
Speaker 1: Pandora. I completely forgot about that from this weekend. If any and no one got that one either, I think, or maybe it was like right at the very very end, I don't think I marked anybody. I'll have to go back and look if anybody got it. We'll do that here in just a second. Royce Lewis hit a grand Slam on Sunday as the Twins beat the Rangers. Hits in five of his last six games and has three homers over his last five games. Has Royce Lewis moved an inch further into must start outside of one of those kind of jumbalie players of I mean, he was like a must pick up, but I guess at this point is he like must be in your lineup at every point without he's playing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's pretty much must start for me as long as he's healthy, which he is right now.
Speaker 2: He's a five category contributor. So I'm a big fan with royce Lewis all day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I wonder too, like what this is going to end doing to his stock long term, because like this is phenomenal. I don't wanted to push him too high up because next year you're gonna have those little grouping of rookies, But I think Royce Lewis could sneakily be one of those guys that should be more valuable than any rookie that comes up next year. So, like as much as I love like Pete k Armstrong, Like you can see those guys being seventies, eighties, nineties or whatever. But a guy like Royce Lewis, if you can keep him outside the top one fifty, he's got the ability to be a top three round player. He's going to be a major target if we can just possibly suppress his value. But if he keeps hitting like this, there is no chance in hell we're going to be able to get a post one hundred. Royce Lewis at his clip right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just always health with Royce because even throughout the season he's produced pretty well and then he gets hurt again and this run has been great.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 3: If he kind of keeps playing well for a month, we're gonna kind of get hosed on that deal. But I would like to see I could see some of these rookies taking advantage the situation, Like you're saying, I'm trying to look at his positional he'd be third base only this year that so I was wondering if he got But it's still pretty great. It's awesome, Yeah, but it's one of the double check.
Speaker 1: What is his stat line right now, Royce's I didn't pull.
Speaker 2: That up as I scrolled the top.
Speaker 3: It is he said in three twelve on the season seven homers eighteen round twenty four RBIs two stone bases in thirty seven games.
Speaker 2: That's pretty impressive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean stats. Yeah, and the way he's making contact and stuff too, like projections are, they're just gonna love him. They're gonna absolutely love him. And that's what one of the annual things that happens is when all the guys come around for first pitch out here in Arizona, is the projections have just come out. We had I remember one year where it was like the projection It was actually the Vladimir Guerrero junior rookie year. I think it was where he was projections basically, yeah, where we I remember I was sitting there with Ladd Seedler and Rob Silver and they were like and Jason Klett and They're like the steamer projections just dropped and and then bam we look and it was like vlad hitting three oh six. So right around that time is usually when like the first crop of projections start to start to go. And I think Roy Lewis is gonna be pretty pretty big in those feed off season off season just overall rankings and stuff. Yeah, by a pretty wide margin. Maybe one of the even though he might be kind of garbage, one of the biggest pickups. And I don't want to call them league winners, but like it is dominant performance after dominant performance. Mike Clevenger did it again. It was against the A's and I had said this was like the must pick up if he's sitting out there, ten strikeouts over seven innings, one run ball. I mean, as weird as it is Clevey has been, it was like Clevenger and then Silseth, who will talk about here in a little bit, Like those were two of just the biggest pickup guys. And if he's still sitting out there, you got you got to roll him out for big strikeout numbers. I don't I didn't look at what the matchup was over the next two that he could be potentially facing. But Clevenger is like a no brainer right now, Bubs, Yeah.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent.
Speaker 3: He was one of the top pickups last week with he had the two starts coming up. He was effective coming into that basically since he's come back from injury. He's looked like the dude people thought he would be. Like, I've never been the biggest Clevenger guy because he gets lit up from time to time.
Speaker 2: But yeah, he does very effective.
Speaker 3: Right now getting strikeouts, which is definitely an improvement on him. And as I'm looking up his coming up starts here for you, he gets to phase the Tigers this week, and then next week he gets the Tigers again. So yes, keep starting Mike Clevenger and enjoy life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I gotta go look here because I think it's Lee as Lee. It wants us to really know about how Tuesday was bad. So that must have been something Lee was affected by. I just don't remember that start. I want to say. Let's see, I don't remember his last two starts.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess he gave up. I mean, it wasn't that bad he gave it. He did give up four and runs. It wasn't good. He had five innings, four earned runs. He did only strike out four, but before that he went seven, struck out seven. He went six, struck out six, gave up one earned run, he went five three earned runs. I mean, he is giving up only four earned runs twice since May sixth, in his starts get.
Speaker 3: Like one rough start every like five to six starts. I'll take that with every picture right about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I completely agree with that. Yeah, Like I wouldn't quantify like that. We need to say it twelve times that he was bad on Tuesday. It's like he wasn't good, he wasn't horrible, And I will take that is the blow up over with a lot of these although over what Luis Severino has been giving you or a lot of these other guys. I'll do that. But you know, he kind of sucks, but he you know, sucks outside of baseball.
Speaker 2: But he's been not a great human.
Speaker 1: But on the mound, Yeah, Joe Ryan, he looked sharp in his return coming back from the Isle on Saturday. He allowed just one run over five and five hits over five innings in a no decision against the Rangers. He's one of those like he's the he might be the remember the Wandy line, he might be the Wandy line of pitchers where it's like do I start him coming off of injury? He was like just the guy where I probably do Joe Ryan where the other guy? Someone had asked me last week, Brian Wu coming off. Even though Brian Wu was actually good, I wouldn't have done it, Like, that's not a guy I would trust starting, but Joe Ryan I would.
Speaker 2: Yep, I'm with you there.
Speaker 3: The only reason I didn't start Ryan is that team he was facing called the Rangers. I was like, I think I'll wait on this one. I'll just see how he does.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: I have been battling. The one thing I've been battling is the hint that I'm going to give you Where in the world have Welsh and Corman Carroll gone today? And I'm still battling it to this second because I am afraid anything I say is going to give give it away. But this is what I'm going with, and it's probably gonna give it away. The hint is one dollar. The hint is one dollar. So said on that, we'll come back to it. I think a lot of people might get it. You can put your guesses in here, but that is the hint for a little bit later, and Bubba, we will ask where you are and we're going to answer a couple of listener questions right after the rookie lookie, because the rookie lookie is very interesting. One Jordan Wicks with the Cubs was awesome. Nine strikeouts over five innings, one run baseball against the Pirates, pretty good matchup. Had thirteen swinging strikes on eighty pitches. Nine came from his change up, because this is a change up, dude. Also a thirty six percent csw percentage, which is really solid. Jordan Wicks I really like. I actually drafted him in the Scott White League, which is really fun. Any thoughts on that performance from Jordan Wicks for you, Like, was that something that's gonna buy you more starts from him?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: He's absolutely outstanding. I think it should buy more starts. Cubs are trying to compete for the postseason. They they're like getting through with a Soden company. But I got talented with wix is big. I wasn't in on him in fantasy this week just for the fact he pitches a great American small park in game two of a double header on Thursday. So it's kind of like one of those I'll wait, maybe he has a rough star getting for cheap next week, but I think it's a good move.
Speaker 2: The Cubs do need him for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he is a guy on d did you look, did you just say, was it the Reds?
Speaker 3: You just the Reds great American small park on Thursday's doubleheader. But then next week he gets Arizona at home, so that can be a little more appealing.
Speaker 1: See the only thing here's why I don't mind the Reds as much. He definitely can be more of a sinker ball pitcher. So his pitch mix is heavy fastball to change up. So it's four seen sinker cutter primary change up thirty three percent change up that he threw in this past game. Evs were low. No pitch had a ninety mile an hour ex of velocity given up across his big four. His changeup was his primary, big strikeout pitch. But he's got a sinker I do think he's one of those guys that I'm not chasing strikeouts for him, but I'm chasing him being able to go five or six and pull wins for a team that is really highly competitive in the Cubs right now. So I think you might be able to put him out in that mindful of your you know, your ratios and stuff like that, you maybe want to be careful. I think Jordan Wicks is someone that you could spots Art. I actually would probably rather spot start him against the Reds than I would the Diamondbacks. An aggressive young Reds team against a pitcher that's going to keep the ball down on the zone. I'm more excited about that than what the Diamondbacks are going to do making a lot more contact. You got some of the guesses in here are hilarious. Yeah, one of them is killing me. Let's answer some questions, Bubba of where welshold where Welsha corby kerl Are. Anthony said, Jordan Walker a safe drop now, could be could be a keeper next year, but in second place getting ready for playoffs in two weeks.
Speaker 3: I've dropped him a long time ago in season long redrafts, but in keeper it's probably a little tougher because the talent levels there. If you're going for the title, go for the drop flags fly forever.
Speaker 2: That's my two cents.
Speaker 1: If it's like four or five keepers, I think so. If it's like more Dynasty where he's an easy keep and it's not against somebody, I probably don't. I think Jordan Walker is going to pull through and have a strong year next year, but he's not helping you that much this year, so you could move on. If it was only a couple keepers, I could do that. Fred de Rick, I love that named Frederick Elder Josiah Via two start pitchers this week. Slim pickens this week on waiver wires. So would you go with an Elder or a Josiah.
Speaker 3: Josiah out of the two? First off, Elder's pitching in Colorado Game one. I know the Rockies are not the same Rockies. I get that, But elder pitchers do way too much contact. So I'll take Josiah.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a joke. An elder and an elder in a Josiah walk, walk into a bar, yeah, and only Josiah comes out. I think I agree with that. I actually kind of want to like fall into Elder a little bit, but I'm not.
Speaker 2: Let me let me.
Speaker 3: Let me throw a name out there. Frederick Brandon Williamson of the Reds has two good starts this week.
Speaker 2: If you can figure that one out.
Speaker 1: Okay, I bet he would probably be out there if the available, So all right? John Linneman said, I'm starting the championship for the next two weeks. Should I swap Gary Sanchez for Logan o'happy.
Speaker 3: I'd still stick with Sanchez. He's got a nice schedule coming up, and I'll hopy. I love a hoppy I'm just not I know he's got one homer still, the shoulder injury and everything. I'm not one hundred percent on board with what he's got going on, but I love I'm a huge O hoppy guy, so I won't stay in your way.
Speaker 1: If it's rodo. I think I'm going on hoppy because I think Gary Sanchez could pull down a lot if I in two weeks.
Speaker 2: I'm guessing it's head to head.
Speaker 1: You're right, Oh yeah, yeah, duh, he is saying two weeks. I'm still gonna go hoppy. I just don't trust Gary Sanchez might like blow out and have four homers, but he probably those would be all his hits the whole time.
Speaker 2: We have fourteen strikeouts as well.
Speaker 1: I think I probably don't trust that one. Would you trust Gielito tonight from Bill?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes I would. Philadelphia's Philadelphia is red hot, But you know Gilito's He's better than people give him credit for, so I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think I saw a stat. If you guys remember I did that stat about Kyle Schwarber sometime back about like hitting sub two hundred with thirty homers and blah blah blah. I think he's set to be the lowest batting average forty homer player ever, like the first ever player to hit forty homers and hit under two hundred. So congratulations Schwarber, keep up the great work, Pal, you're doing it. But I would start Savalle. We got Scooble or Savalle. Rest of season playoffs are starting this week for Travis.
Speaker 3: I leaned Scooble for strikeout upside, but Saval is a safer pitcher.
Speaker 1: I'm going with the like we're on the opposite end.
Speaker 2: I'm going ceiling. I want to win the whole thing. Let's go.
Speaker 1: I agree, but Savally better team context. Also, strikeouts are picking up a little bit more Heed. The pitch mix has changed where I believe it's I've just talked about this last week. I think it's the slider that's upticked, and that's the thing that the Rays have him doing a little bit more be raising to do so, Like, could I get eight strikeouts from from Schooble with maybe some dicey performance stuff, yeah? Or will I take my six strikeouts from Savalle? Who can go six on any given night with a much better team context. I'm gonna go with the Rays.
Speaker 2: But Scoble has Yankees, White Sox, White Sox the next two weeks and Yankees okay, White Sox wives.
Speaker 3: Saval's got Miami Cleveland this week's and he's got Seattle next week.
Speaker 2: So Seattle's right hot.
Speaker 1: So it de fins on lock up.
Speaker 2: That looks a little better. Actually, now we look at that.
Speaker 1: Lock that up, Lee said, rest of season, Oh happy or Contreras.
Speaker 2: Get yours is heating up. I'll go hoppy on this one, though I'm gonna go contra I love this.
Speaker 1: We're completely opposite on everything. All right, here's another one. Let's see if we can agree on anything. Mayeta or Sale this week in a quality starts league. Mayeta and by the way, Whips, thank you for putting the matchup that makes it easier. Mayeta versus Cleveland and at Texas. Sale has got Houston and Kansas City for quality starts.
Speaker 3: Quality starts, give me Sale. Mayata usually goes five and dives still hasn't gone deep either. That's the thing is not going.
Speaker 1: Deep at all, though. That's my problem with either of these.
Speaker 2: Neither one of them go deep. I like sale. At least if you're gonna get something beside quality starts matchup.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say, Maida, I don't keep I think we can do this. On the last one, Royce Lewis or Spencer Steer from Travis. I guess rest of.
Speaker 2: Season that's roy Lewis.
Speaker 1: It's Royce Lewis and we ended strong. We were able to do that. We ended strong. It's Royce Lewis on the Yeah, on the back end there. So here's one last, Brad the dad canoe or lang think you text? I think you tweeted about this.
Speaker 2: This is easy canoe all day, all day, every day and twice on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, easy easy canoe. There again. The the hint for where Welsh and Corbin kerl are was one dollar and we had some very good guesses. We can keep going.
Speaker 2: I didn't see any of the guesses that I think it is in the.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, I know. I think I think you're on it. Uh, let's go through some injuries. Boba Schett was removed from Sunday's game with the right quad tightness. Not good monitor that. I guess your lineups are gonna probably be locking here in a couple hours. I don't know if you're going to get any update. I'm man with playoffs starting. If you're in a weekly league, would you would you do it? Would you just throw him in there?
Speaker 3: In a weekly there's always the caveat what's your replacement?
Speaker 2: That's part of it. They saved day to day.
Speaker 3: They're being optimistic, but of course they're going to say that on Sunday. Good thing is is there'll be one of the first lineups to come out because their games will start at Locke. And if he's not in a lineup on Monday, I would probably replace him because you have to get stats right now.
Speaker 1: If I had a good backup, I probably would do the same thing. And then most places let you re replace back on Friday and then you could get him back in. I would pay attention to that. If he's in the lineup, they don't even worry about it. Matt Chapman re injured his finger that kept him out from a few weeks ago, so pay attention to that one. Byron Buxton is close to beginning a rehab Minor league rehab assignment, which there's only like two more weeks because the minor league season is about to end, so yay for hitting two hundred and one homer. X rays on injured right wrist of Red Sox the third basement. Raphael Devers came back negative for any fractures on Sunday. That's a great sign. But again in a weekly lineup, thing like what does this do?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: What do you do?
Speaker 3: Same scenario as Bishet. If he's in the lineup, great. If he's out on Monday, you hope he comes back for Friday's change.
Speaker 2: You hope.
Speaker 1: So Ozzie Alby's should be returning any day after a successful workout on Sunday, so he could even be in the lineup the old man. Get him back in Colorado would be a great spot. We would love that. Rangers manager Bruce Bochi said on Sunday that I've aldi felt some tightness in his side following a bullpen session. That stinks because that I think moves the needle even a little bit more, especially if a playoff runt.
Speaker 2: He was real close to coming back. That's big yeah.
Speaker 1: And then finally on the injuries, Chase Silseth was released from a local hospital on Sunday after going evaluations for an head injury in what was Bubba and I were talking one of the weirdest injuries of all year because I watched the video. It was like a Zuppruiter film. It was it was like, you know, Kennedy. I was like, where's the gun.
Speaker 3: It's like, you hear the gunshot and he falls five seconds it's like it's.
Speaker 1: Like way up and you're like and then he just falls over and you're like, wait, what happened? As they said he got hit in the head, And I watched like three times and then I was like, oh, I guess it was a throw that came in, but he kept going and then tumble over, which makes it scarier, but also just the weirdness of the whole thing and how the at least the video I saw of it. But it looks like he's okay, which is good percent.
Speaker 2: All reports aren't just a headache right now, which is good.
Speaker 1: Okay, very very good. Three up and three down on the up. Cody Bellinger three for five with five RBI. Someone in the chat was thrown some shade to I think it was Angelo who who did the quintessential. I love those analysts that said to cut Cody Bellinger off of blah blah blah. Yeah, Cody has been absolutely bonkers. Randy Rosearina went two for four with three runs and three stolen bases. And I pointed this one out here because Aaron Nola has been very inconsistent, but maybe getting back with it. He went seven, gave up only one hit this weekend with nine strikeouts, So maybe moving back into a trusted territory bubbs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very very good start as the Yellen Aaron Nola, you know expect it's what you get from Nola. It's all gonna say is he'll throw one of these gyms out every once in want to keep you, keep you locked in.
Speaker 1: On the three down. Noah cinder Guard went six, gave up fivened runs, walked three, gave up three homers and a partridge in a designated assignment. He is gone. And in what was we all saw coming forever, We all saw coming forever that he was gonna get designated, not be on this team any further. So yeah, he is gone, Bye bye, do whatever you're gonna do. Was never a fantasy guy, never was simple stuff there. Chris Murphy went four innings, gave up nine hits, six in runs and Fernando Tatis Junior. I thought I would throw this out to you. Went zero for four with three k's, but now seven of his last eight games he has two or more strikeouts in That is a rough blow. Though he's get some hits and stuff in there, the strikeouts have become a massive problem for him lately.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a free swinging guy that's finally catching up doing the content is a dwind lean in a quick quick way.
Speaker 1: So I don't know if you would want to play him and a little prize pick, So we're gonna play with other people. We'll take our toys and play somewhere else with prize picks. Use a promo code leading Off one hundred percent matchup to one hundred bucks. That, my friends, is free money where you can play with all of our awesome leading Off listeners and ourselves as we make match make lineups, and we talk to you about what those are on any given day. Go and check it out today, download and use a promo code leading off Bubba, how are you prize picking? With their again very slick logo. I could not find it this morning. It's like a very purple pee. It looks very It just it looks very new and I love it, But what are you putting together?
Speaker 3: Three Fantasy hitter overs Bobby with Frederick ashrom the chat?
Speaker 2: Do you use O Vieto and DFS.
Speaker 3: I don't mind him in tournaments risky because pitching sucks tonight, but with over eight and a half, I still like a lot Matt Olsen and Cours only at nine and a half, I'll take that. Going to against Austin gomber And and then Jay Roddy just play him every day because the dude is on like a cheat code right now.
Speaker 2: So over ten Fantasy points for Julio Rodriguez.
Speaker 1: All right, I am going through the drive through. We're playing the combo meal tonight. That is our theme. It is all combos. So give me a number three because I got three combos for you, baby, Combo number one little Da Da Da Da in my let's so just maybe think of I'm going with Aaron Judge and Austin Riley hit. Oh no, I'm sorry, not Austin Riley Riley Green. It's Judge and Riley Green hit run RBI over four. I like that pitching matchup in general, So between the two, I need, you know, whatever it is two hits, a run and an RBI and maybe a little bit of another RBI over here. There just both to be offensively sound to give you, guys perspective. You don't like think about this or play this one home run A solo home run covers three of these. So if Judge were to hit a singular home run, that is the hit, the run, and the RBI. So if he hits a three run shot, he gets it alone. That's my first combo meal. I love this one and there's no chance I could not take it. Corbyn Carroll and Asterie Ruiz stolen base, they just need one. I need one stolen base between the two.
Speaker 2: That seems too easy.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean they don't think they're going to get on base, but I'm all about that one. And then the final on the combo meal, I'm going with Kyle Harrison and Andrew Abbott. Eleven k's over combo between them. Cayl Harrison was pretty good in his debut. I think Andrew Abbot's in for a pretty good start. So that's where I'm combo mealing. What say you on the bet? On the bets today?
Speaker 3: What do you got go on some team total bases overs here and I'm trying to get plus money on all three. Adam Duvall over one and a half total bases at plus one twenty. He has a seven game hitting streak where he has five doubles and five home runs over those seven games, so I'll keep rolling that. In a great match up against Christian Javier House and Kim over one and a half total basis plus one fifteen. He's facing Adam Wayne right and I've said, and then JP Crawford over one and a half. I like the Mariners and it's plus one fifty. That's why I really liked it. I like the Mariners a ton of again with Crawford's leading off and he's playing extremely well, so I like that quite a bit.
Speaker 1: I like that on my bets. They're both first five bets, so the first one is Boston team total runs through the first five two and a half minus one twenty five. I like that a lot today. Also Cincinnati first five money line, and told you I like Andre Rabbit today. I'm just taking the straight money line through the first five for them to be up. If they're tied, it pushes and I get my money back. It's minus one ten so first five Boston team total runs first five Cincinnati money line. That's where my bet is, what are we playing on DFS? You're talking about OVI EIGHTO. What plays do we got?
Speaker 3: Yeah, pitching's atrocious, So give me Kevin Gosler's pay up for Goslin at eleven two against Washington, Blake Snell's ten eight versus Saint Louis, which I'll even suck up. Gray Sarriguez will be very popular against the White Sox. He's seven point five k. But yeah, pitching's bad. That's where like OVI EIGHTO and Company comes into play, which means we have stacks for days. You got the padres Rswayne Right got Seattle versus one of those of my top two picks. But you got a Landing Coors versus Gomber But priced up according Acuna, is seven thousand dollars, which I've never seen in all my time playing DFS. But there is a lot of ways to stack up bats if you're looking at value. Elliras Montero is only three cavers Elder Incoors. Yea Kyle Farmer is three cavers Xavier Curry, and then will your a Bray who continues to produce in his new role. He's two point nine cavers Christian Javier.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give you a hint to my home run call is going to be in the Colorado game. All right, home run call coming up here in just a second. I got a brand new board for y'all. But this is it now, Bubba. I'm gonna wait for you to say it until after the video, because I think you do know it. The guess was one dollar was the guess of where Corbyn, Carroll and I were. Where were we traveling? We travel the world as best friends. So guys, lock in your last ones here. Where in the world were Welsh and Corbyn Carroll? Bubba, I will tell you not a single person got it right in the chat. I am shocked about it with some of the guesses us meant. I think he said in Seattle, No, we had Egypt. We've already been to Egypt. That was part of our travels. Here, someone said the dollar general, Bubba, I think you're gonna unlock it. So where in the world we're Welsh and Corbyn Carrol.
Speaker 3: I think it's kind of you to give us some respect to a national treasure that passed away recently. Get your pet spade and neutered. You went to The Price is Right with Corbyn Carrol.
Speaker 1: You nailed it, my friend, that is right. Come on down, Bubba, because that's what Welshon Carbyn Carrol did. We came on down. We got the prices right over a dollar. All those hacky people with their dumb jokes love Bob Barker, love the price is right. You guys are sick for the day. Sit in bed.
Speaker 2: At least when I grew up, that was like the nine am, watch it, turn.
Speaker 1: On the TV, watch it listen. Corbyin has been winning, winning, winning lately. He's ever since we went to Pandora, his hitting his back, so we celebrated by going to a game show. I don't even think he knew Bob Barker, as he's only just turned twenty three years old and it's been Drew Carrey.
Speaker 2: He probably knows it from Happy Gilmore.
Speaker 1: Look how happy we are on there. It's like the new screen. We didn't get to see the Bob Barker one, but there you go. Shout out to Bob Barker. Loved him deeply, deeply, deeply. And that's where we went today. So very good guess. I can't believe, dude. I was racking my breen. I was like anything I say, you guys are gonna I'm gonna I'm anything I say I was gonna do, Like I couldn't say, well, Barker, I was gonna say, stay a new At first, I was gonna do all those I was gonna do some weird Drew Carrey and Oh. I looked up all the games, the names of them and stuff like that, and I was like, screw it, I'll just do one dollar. I cannot believe you guys didn't get it, but but you did it. So I'm gonna put you on the board. I'm gonna put you on the board who absolutely nailed that. So maybe you'll win the autograph card of Corviyn Carroll. Maybe speaking of Corbyn Carroll, as I do make him dominate. Let me find here the home run board. I'm still on there. Lookie, LOOKI I got tied into sixth place with empty Fishero and Randy with thirty nine. I had Mookie Betts this week and he's been a monster. Razor Ramone, who almost confirmed hates me, has left the show, but has not left the home runs. He is on an absolute tear. He is coming for Blue Harvester taking back second place with forty five. Harvester has got forty nine at the top JJ Tator at forty four. Any man can still do this. Any man or woman can still do this. But the race is slowly, slowly closing. The gaps are getting closer, and Razor, Ramona and Blue Harvester are doing it. Where are you at on your home run calls today?
Speaker 3: I love Seattle going too the Rodriguez against Kyle Mueller, who's just hashtag not getting baseball.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take a brave one thousand percent in Colorado. I'm going with Austin Riley. I always do it wrong. Acuna felt like the one I wanted to take, but I'm gonna go with Austin Riley because anytime I almost take someone else and I don't take Austin Ridley, he hits him, so I assume he should hit two tonight. So that is where my home run call is today. Friends, that is it. Thank you guys for hanging out with us. I cannot believe you guys didn't get the guesses, but I hope you are having a great Monday. Playoffs are crazy, so feel free to hit us up beat in trick is it the Welsh, you guys. Also, if you have a premium account with Fantasy Pros, you guys can ask questions in there. We've got Wonky that's in there. All great, great crew and a great set of people in there. You can ask your fantasy questions there, or you can come back here on Wednesday. We'll give you all the latest, all the greatest, answer your fantasy questions and get you guys set for the playoffs. That's Bubba, I'm Welsh. We love you guys, and we're out of here. Peace for now, spay and whatever your bet, Spade and ned here you go, Span newd cut it, Bob,