Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sidelines.
Speaker 3: This is Hanging with the Boys, presented by wing Stuff where Flavor gets its wings. Now your hosts, Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon Gross.
Speaker 4: Home Day, Welcome to the show. You're looking live at the Christmas Tree where it has I forgot all about. The balls are hanging off of it today.
Speaker 5: Ah, yes, sir.
Speaker 4: And it is outside of Tostitoes Championship Plaza, outside.
Speaker 6: Ford Center at the Star and Frisco where it is.
Speaker 4: The last day of this weather fellas probably for the rest of the year. Eighty two degrees. The high is eighty five, the lowest sixty eight degrees. Tomorrow. I think the highs around sixty. So fall is in the air starting tomorrow. I still got a little bit of summer left today, So.
Speaker 7: See how that goes. He is Kurt Daniels. That is Nathaniel Newton. In the back is Chris Bean. This is the newly cut trims.
Speaker 6: Yeah I noticed.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're gonna We're gonna call you Zaddy today. Zaddy Gross, I am Jesse Holly.
Speaker 6: Together.
Speaker 7: We make hanging that don't sound too good. Zaddy Gross. Zaddy is Zaddy Gross.
Speaker 6: Nah, we're gonna go.
Speaker 7: We gonna go with Daddy Shan, Zaddy Shan. You'll go with Zaddy Shan. I am Jesse Holly Together. We make hanging with the bulls, the sports Talk cool on the Brell people, when we speak and everything.
Speaker 4: Every day we're brought to you by Wing Stop wor if I ever get this week brother cooks right, But they signed Brian, so I guess to show you. And that's about all we'll say about that.
Speaker 6: I don't really have it.
Speaker 4: I don't want to go spend a half a segment on that because to me, it's irrelevant.
Speaker 5: Right now.
Speaker 4: Oh we just did don't worry, no, did we okay in the last show. It's a different show. So thanks for noticing my hair and my bed.
Speaker 6: You look good.
Speaker 4: Out of town Friday, soty, No, my birthday is Friday, So I'm going to Vegas.
Speaker 6: What happened? Yeah, I had to get this out of my out of my way.
Speaker 7: You're gonna have a pocket full of ones no draws on and looking for a good time.
Speaker 4: No, No, what's that song?
Speaker 6: Oh man?
Speaker 5: I can't think of the song they sing coming down the polls.
Speaker 6: Wow, what find that one? Because I want to?
Speaker 5: Yeah, just.
Speaker 7: So the song that you used to like back in the day when you to when you got done practice on what was your that song?
Speaker 6: That twenty four pack of a big honey song.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. Baggotator's and honey on me some into it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I love you guys so much that I was gonna go Thursday afternoon, but I was like, man, I want to do the show on Friday extra, so I'm gonna head out right after the show.
Speaker 6: So I'll send picks used to.
Speaker 7: Make sure you get that ten dollars in it. You're gonna spend over there Vegas.
Speaker 6: Don't try to fool us. You get paid for the show now, I don't try to fool us. Oh man. All right, Cowboys versus Giants trap game, last game, not like a reverse trap game. If we look, you got so high.
Speaker 4: I think they're gonna beat the breaks off of them. But just asking, I'm just asking the question, what are they Yeah, because you got to you got a backup quarterback playing too, don't.
Speaker 6: You back up, the backup to the this thursddring. So booty booty, booty juice, this is this this toilet water all right?
Speaker 4: So not a not a reverse trap game, No, okay, blowout.
Speaker 6: What did we beat them last time? Was a forty to nothing.
Speaker 7: With I don't want to go full Nate, but if I can steal a turn from Nate.
Speaker 6: We're gonna beat the rascal like.
Speaker 5: We should say. Yo, man, I'm saying it right now. Number ninety seven Dexter Lawrence a second and I help you may have to help me with number five Cavon Thibodau. He got eight point five sacks. The other guy, Dexter has three. After that, they have no team.
Speaker 4: Him and Travis Henry. Those are probably my two men crushes.
Speaker 6: In the league. Travis Henry, Derrick Henry, you like big black men. Let's go figure. I guess.
Speaker 4: Look what I surround myself by every every day at one o'clock Central gold figure.
Speaker 6: I mean, who does white.
Speaker 7: Snowbody from the from the trailer parks of Louisiana love big black men.
Speaker 5: I saw of your mama to keep moving seventeen.
Speaker 6: That's the best day.
Speaker 4: You knowed that, that's I'm sweating.
Speaker 6: That was so funny. Maybe sweat?
Speaker 8: Oh what do you think about that? You know that was good?
Speaker 6: You're trying to save me. Don't go down that road, baby, black man had to ruin you.
Speaker 4: Let's go wow down the street a little bit, wow, a little bit further.
Speaker 6: They got the house was a wheel.
Speaker 4: Alright, back to what you said next to lawns Vaux.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, after that, Right now, Jess to tell them how the Cowboys cannot beat these.
Speaker 4: If it's hard for us to get up to talk about this team, how hard is it going to be for those guys to get up for the actual game or do they even need to get up for this game?
Speaker 6: Is this one you could just coach through.
Speaker 7: No, here's a real life fact, And Nate you can back me up on this one if you like. When you so, as a player, right when you come into the building on Monday and you get ready for a game, the coach's job is to go through it. And every coach offensively, defensively. So let's just say, for example, let's just say, for example, hey, today this week, running back coach, you have all the first and tent looks. So the running back coach will do all the cut ups that they feel are significant on first intent rod receiver coach, you got third, and shorts coach, you got whatever it is, right, So each coach breaks down a certain portion of the game and then they give these cuts to the players. You watch them and your team, you know, you go through the film and you're in offense, defense, and then you break down and then you go into positions and then positions. Every single day you'll watch a series of cuts that you'll see that what they like to run on first and ten, what they like to run on second or whatever, third or whatever red zone, so on and so forth. So as you go throughout the week, this is what you're watching. It matches up to what the practice plan is. So when they go out to practice on a Wednesday, they're they're going over you know, the pre practice stuff. But then when they get to the live periods, it's what you watched in film. Hey, we're gonna look at these looks. These are all their first and ten looks that they that we feel that they like to go to that we need to know. Can't look at everything, don't have that much time in the day these type of games. What ends up happening is you get these cutups and everything's now iPad generated before you start to come in and sit in with the clicker and watching them in film. When they give you a DVD of all the cutups, you remember the whole what's your boy name from? From LSU Russell? Not Russell, uh, JaMarcus Russell. Right when they gave him the DVD, he said did you watch film last night? And said, yeah, man, I sure did. It was done on a DVD.
Speaker 6: That's how they used to give it to you back in the day.
Speaker 7: These cutups, these are the games that you get tired of watching the cutups by Wednesday. And you know, no seriously, like seriously, like you watch the cutups and you go you you and and that's the that's the if we're looking for an angle. And I say all that to say you talked about it being a trap game. Is that you take a breath? Is that you you go through that, You go through it on Monday, and you may look at it again on two day, on your day off, and you look at it and you go, God, they're so terrible.
Speaker 4: There's nothing they can beat us here.
Speaker 7: Like and you cause you're looking for motivational ways to kind of get into this game. Right, You've already beate them forty to nothing, so that's that's one up on you already.
Speaker 6: Then you look up and you go, they got their Thursday.
Speaker 7: Quarterback and you know the offensive line up, and defensively, they traded one of their best players away to another team.
Speaker 6: They got two main.
Speaker 7: Players they have to work out everybody else is in that on the back end his booty, you know. So you start looking at these cut ups as a player, and these are the games where you look at and you get tired of watching it because you just I can't find anything in here that can that motivates me, that makes me be like, ah, I got to be on my p's and q's on this one. And that's the scary part, right, because these guys and football is a very funny funny she's a funny lady. Because you know, a bad snap, right, A god cannot have a bad snapball year have a bad snap fumble, they pick it up for a touchdown. Right, Things can get interesting in a game because you just don't know how it goes, right. But if there's a fear, that is the fear from looking at it on this side of the table, now, is I know what it was when I set in those guy seats, and when you go up against a team that has how many wins they have, Kurt two wins and you've already dominated one time, and you see all the defici that they have, you begin to you begin to let this game go in your mind. You know, it's just like I just I'm getting on the game. I'm doing a podcast. I'm calling old girl over, you know what I'm saying, Like I'm going to a movie. I'm gonna go get the breaks fixed. Whatever it is that you you can find other things to do, then dedicate your time watching a film.
Speaker 6: Of a team that looks and feels this bad on film, you.
Speaker 5: Know what I mean.
Speaker 9: Can they use a game like this to work on certain things? Yes, Hey, let's get the run game going, or let's get cookes going, or let's work.
Speaker 6: Called the pharmacy the pharmacists, so they will use there.
Speaker 5: Before we've been in that team, and we've had teams we played like that. You know, I mean, go ahead on Jes knowing the great job.
Speaker 7: No, I think to your point, Kurty, I was thinking about that on my drive in. I was like, this is one of those games where because you know, you can hear the way coaches talk in their pressers, and you heard the way if you have go back and listen to Mike McCarthy and his presser. He's a little bit, he's a little bit you know, spicy with the Brandon Cook situation. I don't play fantasy football. Coach, he hears it. He hears it, right, he hears it. He Any coach, player, front office personnel, whoever, who says that they're oblivious to what the outside noise is, it's the biggest lie they've ever told in their life. You've you've walked down to the training room. What's on those TVs in the training room. You've been down to the cafeteria. What's on those TVs in the cafeteria. You've been in the locker room, You've been in the you you've been and Mike mccorthy everywhere your turn, there's a TV on one of the networks.
Speaker 6: Hell, look at our studio. It's a TV right here that.
Speaker 4: I've been on the plane before when a coach got on and was using our staff as motivation for the play even on guys and picking against this what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: It's like y'all didn't read it, and then and then.
Speaker 7: They all have access to one of these, so it's a twenty four hour news cycle that they you know, Okay.
Speaker 4: I mean you can't get away get away from nless you bury your head in the sand.
Speaker 6: You're not who does that.
Speaker 4: And if something comes up, even if you don't watch that stuff, your buddies are gonna text you be like, you see you see what steven A said about you? You see what this Hey, this podcast? I mean, hell that happens with us. We get this, Yeah, we get I mean I've had back when I was in the building, we would have people stop by and go, hey, you know y'all said this on the show. It's either like, yeah, this is what I meant by that, or go take that up with Jesse.
Speaker 7: I don't understand on business, but I mean people, you can't get away from.
Speaker 6: No, you can't get away from it.
Speaker 7: And this is you know, Mike McCarthy was a little bit salty about the Brandon Cooks king. This is one of those games where you can now work on those things, right. You can now say we're not fearful of them doing anything offensively that's gonna put us in a serious situation. So I can be more methodical in how I know. I can give Brandon Cooks to eight to ten targets that he needs now because every single down it won't be like Philadelphia, every possession, every down, every snap was crucial because you're like, if we don't we're not successful. Here, boy, that's one snap that we wasted. That maybe and ultimately it cost you the game. But this is a game, honestly, like and again, football is a weird lady that the Cowboys should be in complete control from the time they get off the plane in norc inter National Airport to the time that they get back on the plane in international airth So you.
Speaker 4: Said you can work as a team, you can work on certain things, right. Do players take opportunities in games like this to go, hey, I've been wanting to try something different.
Speaker 5: Don't do that one. But do don't do that one? Or do you leave that on the coginals, mister cognals, don't do that.
Speaker 7: This is honestly, but this is games. Let me give you for Micah example, right, Michael looks up and he goes boy, Miles Garretts kind of pull away from me a little bit on the sack, the sack total.
Speaker 6: I need to go get.
Speaker 4: Maybe he pins his ears back when he's supposed to have ap assignment or something.
Speaker 7: Right, this is the game that goes see he goes, Hey, guys, listen, y'all know I y'all, y'all know I tied Michael Irvan last week with the most ten reception games in a row. And you know I was nine off from having two hundred yards.
Speaker 5: See, got Jesse involved in that.
Speaker 6: Don't stop the feeling quick.
Speaker 5: Michael partersons and go off script and the rest of the team folling. You see, you just brought Jesse into that.
Speaker 7: But those guys, you, you know, they're not thinking that God like this is this is a pad just that game. This is one of the games you said, you know what, I can go get me. You know I'm gonna get me a pick.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna get me to a third string quarterball.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying, does it really matter if I'm not You.
Speaker 6: Don't offensive line is bad. Pez Let's take our first break.
Speaker 4: When we come back, we'll get into Kurt's list. He got about eighty seven things today. No, I like it this good stuff, man, get into it.
Speaker 6: Fall is here.
Speaker 2: That means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it. As you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kierro's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamole made with real half avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores produce or deli section.
Speaker 6: Grab some today.
Speaker 10: Star Sports Tours is the only efficient fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and ods with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 11: See if geek has your back. No matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are, whether you're a die hard fan or a don't really care fan. We got them next time fan, or we'll never win again fan Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seed gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So, whether you're a here of a week fan or haven't been here in years fan, seat geek has you covered? Download the seat Geek after they seed Geek, you're a ticket the great Dallas Cowboys seats.
Speaker 12: How's wing Stop sound crispy juicy, classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sausted, tossed and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with handcut, seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Windstop range and of course spicy casun fried cool. I think you've heard enough, Get your flavor delivered at Wingstop dot Com.
Speaker 3: Back Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to the second segment of Hanging with the Boys, each and every day brought to you by blockchain dot Com. Thank you blockchain dot com. And we were getting all right, we we got all the trap talk out of the way, and how that could happen. It's not gonna happen this week. It's not gonna happen.
Speaker 6: Dexter Lawrence.
Speaker 4: You brought him up wile Ago Nate number one interior defensive lineman ranked by p f F And in the interior what we say, interior to the right side has not been and maybe even a little to the left has not been great. Is that the only worry that we really have him in Thibodeaux?
Speaker 6: Uh? And can they block him? How do you be honest with you?
Speaker 5: Man, I'm gonna be honest, Please do I'll pull the trap gable all the watch about a quarter of.
Speaker 7: We see it's still in him. It's still as It never leaves you, It never ever leaves you. This is this is this is what I'm telling you. This is what you're I'm just trying.
Speaker 6: That's what you heard me suggested.
Speaker 5: You're doing a great job because I'm that's okay.
Speaker 6: Let's go to the second point. They blitz forty three point one percent.
Speaker 4: Of the time, which is second highest in the NFL. How does that change the Cowboys game plan?
Speaker 6: Or does it?
Speaker 9: They haven't paced anybody who blitzes as much.
Speaker 6: How was Dak? How has Dak been this year?
Speaker 7: Over time, He's been like his career when it comes to blitzed, he's one.
Speaker 6: Of the best.
Speaker 7: Matter when you blitz him out, and not even that, when you blitz him you give him a clear picture. Dak has always been a better quarterback when he has when he has a tempo offense, when he's in what you've seen over the last three weeks offensively, you've seen some of the best brand of football from Dak Prescott Well. One of the things that you'll notice is he's more assertive at the line of scrimmage. He's coming up there more. You see him I dn you hear him all, but when you see him being more of a of a point guard at the line of scrimmage, getting the team in the best possible play they can be in for that particular down from what he sees in front of him.
Speaker 6: That's when Dak is at his best.
Speaker 7: When you when you got him back there and he's robotic and he's like, okay, you say throw the ball, you get you get fundamentally bad Dak. When teams blitz Dak, historically, he's been I mean, he's probably had a qbr over one hundred when teams have blitzed him, because I have to go right now, and the picture is actually clearer because when if I can see a blitz coming, I know the ball has to go right here, right now. They know it, we know it, and we just continue to move down. You know, down the field, there's more yards there because you're not dealing with more dudes being the covers in the back end. The passes are sharper, they're quicker, they're right in front of him. It's not like he's trying to make these you know, heroic throws. They're right in front of him. They're quick, they're past that he's comfortable making, and the and the receivers give him an opportunity to make those plays and then you're able to hit some of the plays down the field. This is one of those games. If they're gonna blitz at that high rate, you're gonna see the hot routes. You're gonna see those routes where guys mathling on the outside. But when that blitz comes, hey we're going downfield, you'll see more, you know, more of those guys take shots. You'll see more of the seam shots because when you when you blitz, for the most part in the back end, you can't blitz and run zone in the back end. It's it's almost impossible, right, So if you're blitzing, you you can run zone on the side. But if you're blitzing guys, if you're sitting more guys than we can actually block, that means on the back end, you gotta be in some sort of single high coverage or you gotta be you gotta be booty button naked back there. And if that's gonna be the case, this when you see guys like seams for Jake Ferguson, this is when you see go routes for for Ceedee Lamb, go routes for Michael Gallup, go routes.
Speaker 6: That's when you say that the hand go up. That's when you see the Randy Moss hand go up. Because now the Jesse Holly hand, I don't know about that.
Speaker 7: I don't know, I don't know about that. I'm gonna go Randy Moss, let's go. That sounds a lot better this equation, but historically that has been really good when the team blitzer. So for the Cowboys, this is another opportunity for them to see a blitz for them to work on some of their blitz packet stuff. But also you know, get those guys in positions to make plays that you need to make plays for you.
Speaker 4: By the way, according to the NFL a graphic they put out yesterday, if the season ended today, which there's a ton of football, lefl, let's be honest. In the NFC, the Eagles would have the first round. By your second seed would be the Lions playing the seventh seed Vikings.
Speaker 6: The four seed Saints.
Speaker 4: Playing the fifth seed Seahawks. And how do you like this matchup? The third seed forty nine ers playing the sixth seed Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Think about that strack up the band, the Madiachi Band, that movie before the Mediachi Band.
Speaker 6: We're going to Mexico.
Speaker 4: The Giants ranked twenty ninth and average rushing yards allowed at four point six. Should the Cowboys emphasize the run game just to see if they like we talked about, work on it and see if they can get it going.
Speaker 5: We think, yeah, yeah, yeah, if you so.
Speaker 6: God, we lost them today. We lost today's.
Speaker 5: Because I mean, if we don't beat the.
Speaker 7: We got to give them a show. But yes, yes they should. And this is this is one of those games. I for one, would like to see them as they're getting his running game developed. Get Rico involved, right, get ready to get Rico involved. Work on some of your screen game. Get Rico involved in some of these in some of these packages, uh use some things.
Speaker 6: More off off, off, off tackle.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 7: This is a get right game for the Cowboys. This is this is a mid season, almost amid season scrimmage. I'm gonna be honest, like I'm telling you guys defensively, it's a mid season scrimmage. This is and and this is the type of team when you get to this point in the year. For these guys, they'll fight to a certain degree. They'll fight to a point if if you if they feel like we have a game to play, they'll fight, But the minute the game is out of hand, they're gonna quit. This is electively, This is this, This is how it goes down. Like when you look up, you go, we're done. Our season is over. Where we're we're now looking at because guess what I said earlier that they're looking at we were talking about we patent stats. Guys are now saying, you know what, there's a line on my contract that says if I get six interceptions that I'll get two hundred and fifty thousand dollars bonus. The also line that says we make the playoffs, Well, that line ain't happening.
Speaker 6: So I need to go get the six interceptions. I need to start working on that and stops being a weed. And as it starts.
Speaker 7: Being to me, it starts being now you know, because what's what you're gonna do to me?
Speaker 6: You're gonna we ain't going nowhere.
Speaker 7: So now now I gotta go start working on getting mine. How I can I go out there and start getting all those escalators in my contract, like like Nate's laughing, But these are real conversations that happen.
Speaker 5: In the locker room three weeks away for baby, get to get the house.
Speaker 6: Yes, no, no, this is for real, for real.
Speaker 7: After after Thanksgiving, a lot of these dudes are like, listen, honey, start packing the house up. I know we we live in Jersey from from from September to January, but get that Florida house ready, Start shipping the cars, start looking at you know, schools, get the kids, get the kids transferred out the school we go to in California, or Florida or this is the type of.
Speaker 6: I've been a part of this.
Speaker 7: I've been upart, I've been in the locker rooms while I hear guys in the locker Hey, uh, what time they come to pick the car up?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you have them ship you just leave the one car, Just leave the one car and have them ship the other two to Fort Lauderdale where they spend their offseason.
Speaker 6: You know, that's where this team is at right now.
Speaker 4: We'll talking about speaking about the run game. Last year's Zeke uh Nate's boys, Zeke got forty three percent of the handoffs and Pollard got thirty six percent. Thank you for the stats here, Kurt. This year, Pollard's getting fifty two percent and DOWDLL was only getting fifteen. Do they need to yes, even that back out and get that percentage more in line with where it was last year with your wanting.
Speaker 5: To yes, especially since your offensive line is kind of beat up.
Speaker 6: Yes, why are they not doing that?
Speaker 4: Because it seems like that's the consensus. Everyone was like, Yes, get this man more involved.
Speaker 6: I got ten point one million reasons why money? You think is the money thing? What else could it be? But wasn't Zeke making all the money last year, and it was close. But you remember had Zke had the knee issues.
Speaker 7: So even if you if you wanted to push him to the limit, you still had to kind of back off a little bit because physically he just couldn't. He just couldn't do the fifty six percent. But for but for Tony, and I hate this sound to make it sound like this, and it's gonna sound very barbaric and very cold. They're gonna run Tony power into the freaking ground and say by and then ship him off to oblivion like he that's this. That it sounds bad, that's business. But that's the business. If they offer him anything, it's gonna be one of those dirt cheap deals. It's gonna be hey, we'll give you three for nine, we'll guarantee five. We'll put these escalators there for you to make nine or ten. But the days of Tony Poler making ten, he's a fourth thing.
Speaker 6: Christian McCaffrey, Derrick Henry.
Speaker 5: I think Jacobs, Brandon Jacobs, right.
Speaker 7: Brandon Jacobs, Josh Jacobs, Jacobs and Saquon. But Josh Jacobs and and Tony make almost the same. I think they both got franchise. Jos's got a.
Speaker 6: Little bit more.
Speaker 7: It's the number four or five highest paid running back in the league, in the league.
Speaker 6: What was Taylor's deal? Who Jonathan Taylor? Oh, that's right, he's got he got his deal done. That's right.
Speaker 7: But he's in the top five or six. They are like at ten million. This is not happening anymore, ladies and gentlemen. No running back is averaging going to average ten million dollars a year anymore for a long time. The best ones, after these other deals kind of work theirselves through. The best ones will maybe get six seven eight with incentives. Nobodies get they saying, Tony, we're getting paid ten, We're getting our ten.
Speaker 6: Worth Tibbia, Fibia, Libya whatever.
Speaker 4: That leg injury was kind of like your car right now, getting every.
Speaker 6: Mile out of it.
Speaker 7: Until I drop, until I break down on the toe way, until I break down on the toe West.
Speaker 5: You will want, you would think that you would want your best Tony. And your best Tony is sharing the rock. He's did it all his career, all this life. Your best Tony is is sharing the rock.
Speaker 4: Do you think he's with the with the amount of carriers that he's gotten this year, and I haven't looked at it as compared to last. He got so far, it's got to be the comparisons out there a lot more. He doesn't the eyeball test. He doesn't seem to have that pop, that extra.
Speaker 5: I was telling one of the guys during the game. They tossed him the ball and he comes cruising out there. But then I said, God, what did he just do? I ain't never seen him just cruise out there?
Speaker 6: Was should right, I'm like, what did he just do?
Speaker 5: And then the next play they gave it to him, but he hit it because I think somebody realized, somebody told him saying, hey, Tony, okay, and then he then the next two you p I saw the old Tony. This is this is what comes with well he never had to do this. Tony has never had to pace himself, right, he was never the work. He never had it. Now he's like, okay, man, I'm pacing myself, but here I should. And that's one thing about that's a different between a guy that's used to the to the when Zeke, the early Zeke. Y'all knew the early Zeke. You know Zeke would a newer you need to be getting it, but when you ain't used to knowing when to get it and when they and it showed up a couple of times this past game for Tony and so. But I you know y'all been hearing me screaming. Man, I would still share the ball big time. I would run this ball at least twenty five times, thirty times, but uh seven, eight of those gotta go to Rico, I mean, and I would start Tony and then I would almost see every other you know.
Speaker 7: But it's it's residual, right, like what we're going to the ninth game of the season, and like the mental part of the brain from a football player, we always think I'm good, I got it, I can do it, but the body says otherwise.
Speaker 6: The body will simply go, I hear what you're saying is that's not just football. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: But but my guy, you're we don't have the fifth gear right now. We saw with Michael Parson's last year, right that that tail end of the season, one sack of the last six games of the year.
Speaker 6: What happened? That body just wore down.
Speaker 7: And when you when you were lightning quick and cat quick, and because you weren't used to taking on this sort of workload.
Speaker 6: Yeah, at that position.
Speaker 5: In the head coach, I got you. Man, will cater more to you because this other guy.
Speaker 9: Was the first first eight games. Last year had eighty one carries about ten a game. This year he's got one hundred and twenty carries about fifteen games.
Speaker 6: Wow, it's almost double.
Speaker 5: I just I still shared. I still yeah, because this play is a lot more. And you know what, and the teams ain't getting no easier, the defenses ain't getting no easier.
Speaker 6: No, this is easy to get.
Speaker 7: And that juice that we saw from Tony Pollock, it's you know all Zeke has the first series, second series, and I'm kind of bouncing on the side waiting to get my turn. So when I get in there, I'm in there like let's go.
Speaker 5: You know, I ain't trying to be funny. Don't look as big no more. The little white neck thing like headphones.
Speaker 6: What is that thing? I've had people ask me.
Speaker 4: I don't know what that is.
Speaker 7: It's a concussion thing that there's this new technology that they wear to help prevent concussions.
Speaker 6: It looks like headphones. Yeah, I thought it was. I thought it was the fan.
Speaker 7: You know, I got the little fan around, but it's it's it's new technology that a couple of guys use.
Speaker 6: It's supposed to help prevent Does it go down like in the back of the pads? It's just around the neck. Really, all I.
Speaker 5: Know is it used to look back three or four inches stick Now that like it's a quarter of hends.
Speaker 4: All right, I'm gonna ask Nat a question that he doesn't need to do any homework for kins. He didn't, You're right, but he's gonna have an opinion. I have a feel like a very strong one when we come back.
Speaker 6: See what that is. On the third segment of Hanging with the.
Speaker 13: Jigsawt I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Have they snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped flapped. He'll look for a pers down.
Speaker 13: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 6: Press Scott's gonna run this himself. Run it up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 13: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 6: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 4: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 6: How's wing stout sound?
Speaker 12: Christy juicy classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and saused tossed and those eleven souls satisfying flavors paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey, must blue cheese or signature wind Stop range and of course spicy Cajun fried. Of course, I think you've heard enough. Get your flavored delivered at windstop dot com.
Speaker 6: Seat Geek has.
Speaker 11: Your back, no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a diehard fan or a don'g with a care fan, we got them next time fan or we'll never win again fan Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seat gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So, whether you're a here of a week fan or haven't been here in years fan, seat Geek has you covered. Download the Sea Geek After the Sea Geek, You're a ticket the great Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 14: Seats James right here. You're twenty twenty two Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. Do you know how much I love my Cowboys? And I am thrilled to be talking to you about the twenty twenty three Fan of the Year Award, presented by Captain Morgan. We're looking for the ultimate Cowboys fan to spice up the game. That means you eat, sleep, and breathe the Dallas Cowboys. If that's you, or if you know someone like me, then go to Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year and you could win tickets to Super Bowl fifty eight and so much more.
Speaker 6: Enter today, back Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to the last segment each and every day brought to you by Jigsaw's official dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Thank you Jigsaw, Jigsaw, Thank you chicksaw Man. Oh boy, Kalisha, if you're listening, Do we have a sponsor, Klisha with the Trailer Parks.
Speaker 7: You need to follow us sponsor with the Trailer Parks Legal, get the legal documentation. Oh you know what, miss Kalisia, I need to come to you because I need I need to draft up some uh, some n d as, some releases some in I need yeah, I need to line up. So miss Colia, I'm gonname see you in a little bit because she might come see you.
Speaker 6: I need to come.
Speaker 7: I need I need your I need your help drafting up some of them Beyonce type n d as where you can't just you know what is that I need to know about that off the air the Beyonces. Yeah, like you know, when you part of your Beyonce, you gotta sign the NDA. Really yeah, Derek Jeter style even.
Speaker 6: In the I've heard about those the same way. Really yeah.
Speaker 5: At least they got something right.
Speaker 7: I gotta do Yeah, I gotta do it. I gotta do something because you know I can't have it.
Speaker 6: I can't have it.
Speaker 7: People leaving the trailer parks and being like, you know, Jesse, Holly's the parks right there.
Speaker 6: M So they canna be hard.
Speaker 4: You canna be hard to not spot that that new uh, that new Ride'll keep that secondary ride undercover.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be at least twelve years old. Whatever it is.
Speaker 4: They slide in and it's gonna be used.
Speaker 6: Better believe that it's gonna be.
Speaker 5: But it's gonna be used.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be used, seasoned.
Speaker 4: Non homework Nate. Okay, do you at what point do you or do you at all start experimenting with this offensive line. You can't swap in pieces players, so you ride with what you ride what you got.
Speaker 5: You can't do it.
Speaker 4: Can it get bad enough to where you have Yes?
Speaker 5: It can, yeh, yes it can. Not there, not there yet, because there's still things you can do to help the center, A few things you can do, and a few things you can do to help the right because it's only really two pieces. It's your right tackle is struggling because they had a major, major, major surgery on that right knee. And I don't know if your center is healthy. But who do you replace them with? So you you don't have a replacement for your center. And Austin Richards, I don't know why they won't play him. You know, I know a lot of times when you don't play a corner, you just know you know they gonna have multiple problems because a corner wants. A corner get beat badly the way my boy got beat. See I was lineman tending rebound a little bit better, but corners.
Speaker 6: You get beat so bad.
Speaker 5: So bad might ruin him, Yes, sir, you will ruin them.
Speaker 11: So.
Speaker 9: David Moore had an interesting note on one of the radio decisions this morning. He said that you know Terrence was back for training camp in ACL tear back for training camp, ready to go, hadn't even hardly missed the practice made every game. This is this. I think this weekend will be Coler Murray's first game back. They both tore their acls on the same weekend.
Speaker 5: Wow, one is they wasn't hurry and one guy back because they really don't like that guy. I hate to say that, mister Burray, so he's a he's a disruptor. But uh my question is I know that they have to be mentally, I mean medically cleared, but I still say when you have that type of major surgery, you know, because y'all't know. Last year, I was like, why is Gallop back so soon? Why? And I know he's medically cleared. I'm not a doctor, but you can just see the mental whooping that these guys are taking, you know, because they in their mind you you may feel good, but in your mind when the game start, you're not performing, and it's all about performance. You're not performing he is not the same guy. So and I am not a doctor, you know, and I don't you know, I'm not a mental guy. Even with the brain, I can't. I can't tell you what they're thinking. I can tell you what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: Just chip more or get the They.
Speaker 5: Got to chip more, they got they got to give this kill a chance. I mean, every time they needed a play or just slow down a drive, he was that guy. It was either him or quick flashed by one of the inside guys with my center. Every time, if you go back every time, like the little route you was talking about, Eylse, they explained so beautiful, and then you went back and said, well I looked at it all twenty two and it wasn't not center, it wasn't not right tackle. But somebody gave up. The ghosts see a lot of that. You know, when you say you see a quarterback, man, he missed this guy. He missed that guy, missed that guy. Look and see if anything was around this guy before you just blash the quarterback.
Speaker 6: Perfect segue, Thank you, perfect segue. It is a perfect, perfect segment.
Speaker 7: Because I put a post out on Twitter this morning about this, because we live in this world, and it's it's a gift in the curse that now everyone has access to all twenty two Right, the NFL network decided to now make this thing available.
Speaker 6: Money hungry bastards decided to make this everybody's scout now. And so I had time.
Speaker 7: I have to sit back, and I'm not I'm not an expert at anything, but how I'm an expert in the trailer parks. Let's put that out there. I can navigate those places like nobody's business. But to Nate's point, we get a lot of these people who will jump online and have these clips and be like, oh, the quarterbacks should have went there and the running back should have And I'm like, y'all have no understanding of what that offensive line protection was, because what with protection, what's tied to protection is the quarterbacks reads is where the quarterback throws the football. Because if you can say, like and I will use that play for example, when you look at the center right, that is the that is the it's it's the middle of where you want to go. And so when the when the quarterback comes up and he id's the mic, that's communication for the back, that's communication for the offensive line of if there's four down linemen, he is the fifth right one two three four five one two three four fifth. Those guys worked that out of who has who now the back depending on what his protection is.
Speaker 6: If he's front side.
Speaker 7: He may say, okay, well anything past the center left to my side. If there's a fourth guy that comes, that's my guy. Because of the way the protection is said, so a lot of people are saying, well, why didn't Tony Poller go back and get the free rush outs on the other side, Because when they called the protection and Tony lined up on that side from the center over it was one two three for one two three. Anybody extra that comes on that side, the receiver has the hot route. You'll see sometimes the back will be standing next to the quarterback and then he'll go, uh, come over here, because now he goes, we don't have the numbers over here.
Speaker 6: Protection and has changed.
Speaker 7: So we get out here and everybody has access to these films and these and they put stuff out there and they go, oh, look look at this guy wide op. But how did Dak Prescott miss him? Well, what is the what is the protection? Because the protection says the ball's supposed to go over here right now.
Speaker 6: He ain't looking back there. And contrary to what you may believe, believe the.
Speaker 7: Defense will set things up knowing when when we bring a guy from this side, he ain't gonna have time to look back here, because the defense cordator knows if we bring this and they're in this protection, then they have to pick that up. The ball's coming out to that side. So you will see DB's or say that on the backside go, I ain't even looking over here, because according to the rules of how things go, the ball's supposed to come out right here. So we're rallying to whether we know the ball's gonna come out. So there's a lot that goes on with this whole film watching thing that everybody ain't qualified to be able to give their opinion on certain things. And I'm not that I am. I am the ind all wizard of watching film. But I've dedicated a large majority of my life to this game, and I am privileged beyond measure to be able to sit across and can pick up the phone and call a six time three times Super Bowl Champion, six seven time Pro Bowl HBCU Hall of Famer.
Speaker 5: Either called Will McLay, called I can.
Speaker 7: Call Will McClay, I can call former NFL running back, former NFL quarterbacks, former NFL safeties, former NFL defensive enid I told you, I told you yesterday. I walk in the building and he who greets me with the biggest hug. Hall of Famer Ring evanor DeMarcus Waer says, when we doing lunch, I could pick up the phone to go, what is this?
Speaker 6: What am I looking at right here?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 7: I'm not saying that as a flex. I'm saying that I am privileged and I am blessed with a little flex, a little a little flex. But I'm saying that there's so much more that goes into when y'all are breaking down film and it's it's it's you're doing a disservice to your fans and you're doing a disservice to the game of football when you keep putting out this information that's not true. Because people are catching Winn with that. It's beginning to go viral. They're talking about it on Steve and they don't know what the hell he's looking at when he watch film. Somebody feeds him some lines on a piece of paper and he tells, yeah, he used to throw the.
Speaker 6: Ball over it. He couldn't.
Speaker 7: He couldn't tell you a hot from a site, from a from a Louis to a Roger. He couldn't tell you. I'm not going at stephen A. I'm just saying that this has to be something that we take uh into account when we're putting together these videos and these clips about what's happening. Because now you know, you're saying, well, dak dak, dak, dak dak, and I'm like, yeah, you know why he didn't look that way because everything that he's been taught from the time he's played quarterback says when they do this and this protection nothing over their matters. I'm going here, whatever it is, and sometimes he misses it at all quarterbacks do. But we got to just be better with that, man, we do. We have to be better with that. And there's enough people out there in the in the in the in the social media realm, not Nate, he's not a big social media guy. But you got guys like Duke a, Duke Manniweather who's an offensive line guy who engages. Right, you have quarterbacks who engage, You have receivers who are engaging, reach out reach out to those guys and try your best to get information on how this thing works, so that you're putting out good information so you're not just saying anything stupid for likes or clicks or whatever.
Speaker 4: Day will engage with you. You just might not like the response, depend on what time of night it is. Jesse will engage with you too.
Speaker 7: I will engage with you if you ask me a question, I would give you. I had a guy yesterday that argued me down and he kept telling me, well, I think, well, I think, well, I think, and I go, my brother, I don't know what to tell you, and I go, I've done all that I can. I've explained to you the best way. You say, I believe, I believe. I believe I did, I said, I said, I've consulted. I said, I've used my individual knowledge. I've consulted other people. It's clear that you have your heel dug in on what you believe this thing supposed to be. There's nothing else I can do for you. And this is a guy who's a random dude, And I'm like, but it's a world that we live in.
Speaker 9: That's right.
Speaker 4: That's why a lot of us have jobs social media drive you crazy and keep you employed sometimes, all right, Jesse, good stuff man, good stuff, make good stuff. Kurt, good seeing you, Chris. Thanks for keeping us Jazz. Thanks for keeping Chris company, Josh, thanks for keeping us up on.
Speaker 6: Who's that as Will? I'm messing with you? Who's Will? I'm just kidding.
Speaker 4: We will be back tomorrow Cowboys Defense. Did the Giants even have off.
Speaker 6: Tomorrow? Talk about sa Quon and that's all We'll have hanging with the boys.
Speaker 13: You.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.