Speaker 1: Cut booms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old republic, a sol fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: The Clearinghouse of Hot takes break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now in.
Speaker 1: The air everywhere. The Fifth Hour with me, Ben Maller and my guy Danny g Radio. Who's going to win a Marconi Award for editing because this podcast sucks without the editing, trust me. But Dan, here, we are Sunday National Cupcake Day to day, so celebrate the cupcake appropriately, big cupcake fan. The cupcake is the ratio of the frosting to the cupcake. But the original cupcakes did not have frosting, and we should think fun fact here, Winston Churchill in the nineteen fifties was the first person to suggest that cupcake should be frosted. So it's really what you think of Winston Churchill his contribution politically and with global relations and whatnot. But no, it's the frosting on top of the cupcake. Ru ruugh. Yeah, well you look it looked kind of like a bulldog a little bit. Winston Churchill at the cupcake without frosting. To me, that's a muffin. And we also should point out, since we're on a cupcake here, briefly, Hostess began in nineteen nineteen and they began selling cupcakes, but they weren't like they I don't think they were like they are now where they have the they have frosting on the Hostess cupcake. I remember going when I was a little kid. There was a place I grew up in Orange County. There was a place in Santa Ana that was like a Hostess like clearance store or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the outlet.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and that was like the greatest because we went in there and as a fat kid, holy crap.
Speaker 3: Those Hostess bread stores were so good. And I remember to get us to shut up while my mom was shopping for dal old bread. She would get us one Hostess treat and it would be so hard to pick from all of their delicious options they had in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And since we're on that, somebody sent me a link and I don't have it right in front of me. Because I know that would be preparation. But somebody sent me the link from one of these Instagram videos they had. Hostess was on there, but they had all these different products, what the ingredients used to be and what the ingredients are now. And it's shocking when you see all of the different ingredients to make the same foods like Hostess cupcakes and other things by these major companies. It's like it used to just be like four or five ingredients, but now it's like eight thousand different things that are you don't even know how to pronounce them, and all that is the random, random weird thing.
Speaker 3: Really quick? Do you go with the dark frosting and the light colored cake or the dark cake and the light colored frosting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I usually like the light colored frosting. That's usually my go to. But I'm not picky. I'm not when it comes to that.
Speaker 3: What about you? I think I'm with you. Yeah, because the chocolate cake I think is the best in it. It has the right amount of frosting. It's the perfect combination.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's that ratio, and that's like anything with cooking, it's that you've got to be able to combine those was it fat salt sugar like the right mix. And then you read the it's the Nirvana point, I think they call it, and that's what they study and all that. Well, it is sunny. It's an NFL Sunday today and the National footballing But it's a weird NFL Sunday for us because I'm a Ram fan. They already won this week. They won back on the third the night ers. You're a Raider fan, they don't play well, someone say they don't play a meaningful game till next year. But they do play tomorrow, play the Monday night. There's two Monday night games again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it is a meaningful game for draft position.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and speaking of the draft, the Raiders are as Tony Bruno used to say, the Raiders are on the clock. And the guy that is projected to be the number one overall pick, congratulations Travis Hunter. Yeah, yesterday Travis Hunter took home the Heisman Trophy, the highest honor in collegiate football, a gala ceremony, and yeah, that was cool.
Speaker 3: Is his dad little Wayne? Why was Little Wayne so emotional?
Speaker 1: A Little Wayne must have been a lot of money. I don't know. But Travis outter wins out he wins the Heisman. That running back from Boise State Ashlee.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he's a baller. This is a good draft class. I'm excited already for the draft. I know, now let's talk about we.
Speaker 1: Have playing time to talk about the jet But.
Speaker 3: Well, no, but I wanted to ask you, would you would you? And I know you have a buddy now who works in the Raiders front office. Would you consider Maybe I know a lot of this is up to Tom Brady, but would you consider signing Sam Donald and drafting Travis Hunter so that Donald would throw to the law firm of Hunter, Bowers and Myers.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, yeah, it is. It is tempting. I don't believe in Sam Donald, so you're I'm not the right person to answer that, But if you get somebody like Sam Donald, who's kind of a mid level guy, you know whatever. Yeah, the idea of having Hunter and Bowers as you're is, Yeah, it's a tough spot. I mean, you're gonna have that.
Speaker 3: That would be a scary good as far as weapons go, that would be a scary good offense.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But Shoulder Sanders, if he's as good as he's supposed to be, and I know there's some debate about the draft. I was looking at mock drafts after the Heisman ceremony, and it it appears that there's some combination. Like Travis hunter most drafts, it's reaction here, it's going to change eight times. It's always annoying. Mel Kiper God bless him. He comes out with his mock draft and then he is rising and falling. You know, they up and down eight million updates, so everyone's a slow day in March they update the NFL Draft and all that. But Travis Hunters projected as number one pick. Some of the mock dress is an Arizona wide receiver whom I'm not familiar with too much. I didn't watch Arizona play much this year. Totaria McMillan, who's projected as a top five pick, Abdual Carter of Penn State, I've seen him play. And then you've got Mason Graham, defensive lineman, tackle guy from Michigan projected as a top five pick. And then the quarterbacks with Shaar Sanders and cam Word cham Ward.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, so far all arrows are pointing to cam Ord maybe going to the New York Giants, Shood or Sanders has a history of training in the off season with Tom Brady, so that's why he's been linked to Vegas already and other things with Dion and ap And every time the Raiders have lost Sanders on social media, he does the prayer emoji han saying thank God.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that is and you know, listen, I hate when this stuff happens. I ripped Eli Manning when he pulled the fast one to want to play for the San Diego Chargers and all that. He turned out to be an average quarterback. Eli Manning, but I ripped the Manning family. But Dion Sanders has a similar level of power as Manning the Manning family, so the Sanders family, I oh yeah, because because of Archie knew where everything was in the NFL. Dion's the same way. And if I hope, I like Antonio Pierce. I know the Raiders suck and they're terrible and people. It's easy to rip on a tannel Appiers. I'd like to see him continue as a coach of the Raiders, and I think giving him a fair chance with a good quarter they didn't have anybody I like Gardner Minshew. It didn't work out and things went really said they were his hand. I think was kind of forced on him to hire the offensive coordinator he did from the Bears, who've alreadys been fired. Yeah, getsy, getsy. So I if Dion is friends with Antonio Pierce, there is a scenario, there's a dimension in the multiverse where the Raiders draft Shooder Sanders or Travis Hunter for that matter. How about how about the draft Shooder Sanders and then trade Would you trade next year's number one pick to get Travis Hunter? Hell yeah, I would, and then have both of them and then have Bowers, Hunter and Sanders on the same team.
Speaker 3: Oh man, think about it. You know, I know Mark Davis listens to this podcast. Mark listen. You're in the AFC West. You have to do something bold.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you're in Vegas. You need stars. Otherwise it's always just going to be fans of the other team that fill up the stadium.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's just like you need, you need. I know there are a lot of Raider fans in Vegas, but you got to you gotta make the effort. So anyway, congratulations to the Heisman winner Travis Hunter. And there's debate who's going to go number one. We have plenty of time in the sports talk radio world to figure all of that out, but he did. He was styling. I liked that blue that he had on there, Sudar Sanders, that was yeah.
Speaker 3: I liked the show. I watched it with our two boys and they both seem surprised that Travis Hunter won, and I said, you guys not been paying attention. He also just won College Player of the Year. I don't think it was such a shocking thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was an overwhelming favorite. If you look at the gambling market, it would have been a massive upset, and a lot of the Heisman voting is a reactionary type situation anyway, that's usually how it works. And we also had the Army Navy game. We had an upset Navy yesterday beat Army, and I saw Trump was there with the vice president like they were the price president elect. They were all all schmoozing there in Landover Maryland. And that was not much of a game. I mean it was it was within at halftime, I was like fourteen seven a Navy was up by a touchdown, and but you know, Army, I don't know, didn't do money. Only thirteen points in the game.
Speaker 3: So yeah, one sided. It was cool watching them sing the songs in the corner of the stadium with everybody in the yeah and their uniforms, and the Navy players are so excited jumping up into the stands. God bless America.
Speaker 4: We have the mail bag. You under the mailbag Sunday morning. It's time to roll it's bag.
Speaker 1: All right? Oh hi oh owl the great ohio ow h with the music. Thank you, sir anonymous, right sin. He says when you microwave, when you're microwaving popcorn, how come on the back of the popcorn bag, it says, do not hit popcorn button. But every microwave has a popcorn button. This sounds like a Seinfeld bit, doesn't It doesn't That sound like a science I don't understand. It makes no sense. I mean, you have the microom, you can't hit the button. I don't get it. You know that whole thing. But I think you have the answered. Anybody. Is there a reason there's something technical with the way the microwave is designed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it says it's basically a timer that popcorn button. It has a lower power level and doesn't usually cook it properly. I did research on this prior to the show, so somebody owes me five dollars.
Speaker 1: It says.
Speaker 3: The reason why most popcorn buttons are not recommended on microwaves is because the button needs to provide the proper amount.
Speaker 1: Of time you can light me on fire.
Speaker 3: Could be overcooked or undercooked.
Speaker 1: I did not know that. I did not. And one of the tricks that we've done is my dad used to do this in order of my dad will just get a bag, or we'll do it on the stove and we'll just put some kernels in there, a little avocado oil or something like that, little salt, boom, done. And then you point out I've talked about this in the past that when I started at the Premiere Networks back in the day, Premiere Radio Networks they were called, and then now it's the Premier Networks. And this was like a huge deal. Right at that time. The big stars of radio. They had Art Bell was there doing the overnights. They had Jim Rome syndicated show. Doctor Laura was a big star. Matt Drudge did a show on the weekends. These are Rush Limbaugh, These are big time people. There was only one rule when it came to the food. The one rule was you're not allowed to make popcorn at work. That was it because Craig Kitchen one of the great bosses, one of the great radio people who's now a big time agent, but he ran Premiere Networks and that was his rule. He did not like the smell of burned popcorn and out of bunds caution. He would not allow Danny anyone to make popcorn because he didn't want people to burn it because that is well, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: That hangs in the air for like two hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's wild. It's like skunk. You know, skunk sticks around also, But popcorn.
Speaker 3: Hey, I don't mind skunk.
Speaker 1: Hey exactly, but I'm bumpusty. Well the burn popcorn thing. But I remember the jiffy pop we would when I was a kid. I remember that absolutely on movie nights. But that you know, movie nights that was like VHS tapes we'd put into, you know, we'd go to the Blockbuster.
Speaker 3: Video or whatever. And what's that? I know?
Speaker 1: Anyway, Thank you anonymous. What is next to your carl and Maryland says, guys on we saw a McDonald's is selling squid game happy meals in Australia or either of you guys squid game people. Yeah, it is odd. The McDonald's thing. I don't know, like, is it big in Australia. It's a Korean show. I never I never really got into the squid games I saw. I saw one one time. I turned it on on Netflix. But it was very popular. Right, there's all kinds of other other spin off squid games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they did a spin off. I guess it has a couple of seasons now or it's like a real game show. Nobody dies, unfortunately, it's like food coloring blasts in the person's chest and then they're dead. But and I told, I told my wife would have been better. I think if they used like a pellet gun to hit the person that was out or something something that invoked real pain. The actual TV show back when it was out, we loved it. But the contestants and this fake game show version of it not your thing.
Speaker 1: You're not going to be traveling to Australia to get a squid game happy meal.
Speaker 3: That's not nah. Now, I'd rather stand in line for a cabbage patch doll.
Speaker 1: Sure, that's the adult thing to do. Kevin in Nebraska Rights. This is in honor of animal Thundernome, which is when's that happening? Your kid's gonna CoA is going to do that, right you are sitting co up.
Speaker 3: That's good yeap CoA and Klay, Travis's youngest boy, they are going to team up to do that show in twenty forty.
Speaker 1: Can't wait. Can't Wait says Monarch butterflies may soon be protected by the Endangered Species Act, and then wanted to know what we thought about the protection of the monarch butterfly. It's always been a big issue. You imagine going to jail though, for taking down the monarch butterfly. That would be an odd way. What are you in for? Well, you know, I saw a butterfly and on one thing led to another, and then as well, you.
Speaker 3: Know what could protect these things? Man? If they build some freeway overpasses, that will protect wildlife like a butterfly at this one, not the one in my neck of the woods here. That's for mountain lions and bobcats. For a butterfly, they could build one straight into the sky like a skyscraper and then straight down like a ramp.
Speaker 1: Well, there you go, there you go. That's all that's all you need. Steven Rhode Island sent this. When he says Ben and Danny, oh no, he wants me to ask you this. See how many of the top ten Danny can get? These are in honor of Christmas. Now, this is not a list for Terry and England. This is a big board. It's a survey done. These states with the most and least Christmas spirit have been ranked and it has all the states. Now, if you're interested, Danny, how many of the top ten can you guess? And we won't spend more. I'm gonna send a timer on this. We're gonna set three. We'll give us three minutes. What do you think three minutes is enough time?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Probably?
Speaker 3: More?
Speaker 1: Even need three minutes here? All right, let's see at these have the timer. It's a year worth of Google search data popular festive keywords, including things like Christmas carols, holiday recipes, Christmas lights, displays, et cetera, et cetera. Okay, so that's they set off Google analytics. All right, clear, you're on your way. You got to him as many as the top ten as you can get, and we're on the way and go all right, here we go. We're playing the game with Danny. G right, now go ahead.
Speaker 3: We see a shit ton of lights in our neighborhoods every year. So I'm gonna say California.
Speaker 1: That is in the top ten. California was number nine. All right, good, you're doing good. You got California number nine. Very good?
Speaker 3: All right? And now I'm going to think of like some states that are cold where people bundle up. Maybe they're snowed in. Uh, let's go to the drone state of New Jersey.
Speaker 1: New Jersey. All right, now, New Jersey is in the top ten.
Speaker 3: New Jersey.
Speaker 1: Ow, good job, you're two for two. Jersey is number ten, number ten.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking Ravens. I'm thinking Lamar Jackson in front of an open fire with his yulelogue. Maryland.
Speaker 1: All right, yes, that is correct. You that is number seven?
Speaker 3: Are you cold? I'm thinking NFL teams? Now, okay, no, wait to do it. Let's see okay, Russell Wilson. You can see him with his hands in his pocket thing that he wears around his waist. I'm gonna say, Pennsylvania.
Speaker 1: All right, you are four for four. You cheat. I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 3: I am not cheating.
Speaker 1: Hold of say so you've gotten ten nine eight, and seven. You're you're almost.
Speaker 3: See if I was cheating, I would have started in the top five.
Speaker 1: Well you did get Pennsylvania out of order. But you've got ten and seven. So there are what are their six left?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 1: These are again if you're just tuning into their live covers on the Fifth Hour podcast live on tape. Top ten states for Christmas related searches. So the greatest Christmas Spirit?
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm thinking the mcallisters home alone. That's Chicago, Illinois. I think Christmas. I do think Chicago because of that classic film.
Speaker 1: All right, that is number four. So yeah, look at that. Well you're now four? What are you five for five? You bastard? How dare you.
Speaker 3: Shoot? All right? I'm thinking of more NFL teams.
Speaker 1: Never happened.
Speaker 3: This is no we get some scratch some scratcher tickets. All right, okay, here we go.
Speaker 1: How about Florida, Florida the Sunshine State and Florida.
Speaker 3: No, damn it, my first miss, Your first.
Speaker 1: Miss Florida is not in the top ten. Florida. They see page down.
Speaker 3: They don't have holiday spirit there.
Speaker 1: Those old people just want to hang on, chill.
Speaker 3: Out, I figured, you know, because they get to visit their grandkids and all that that is true.
Speaker 1: Out of time, I know you're yourself twenty seconds.
Speaker 3: One seconds. Okay, I'm thinking a big state. How about Texas?
Speaker 1: Texas is number six? All right, hell yeah, there you go. Good job, all right Texas.
Speaker 3: Shoot, I don't even know if I know any more of the.
Speaker 1: Fifties state second nine seconds, nine seconds, four three two Washington State, Washington state, that is in there. That is number number five. Unbelievable you time Washington number five. So you got in three minutes one two, three, four, five, six, seven seventy of the top ten. Good job by you.
Speaker 3: Up at you, Danny.
Speaker 1: Florida, by by the way, number twenty one. Florida was number twenty one. Ones that you did not get the top three, number three Virginia. Virginia was number three, number two. Massachusetts, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is number number two, which is odd to me because some of the states around there, like Vermont is number forty three, main is number forty four, not very high up on the list. Some states right around round that big one and then number one, number one number that would be the state where the Mormons live are friends. The Mormon state of Utah. Utah is number one. Jay dot in Utah and all his homeboys there, So that is at.
Speaker 3: The very crazy. I didn't even think about Utah.
Speaker 1: Yep, Utah is at the very top. And so there you go, New York. If you're wonning number three teens some other states, we do ball in the people that download the podcast. Well, actually the last month, Louisiana of All Things was a top five podcast downloading. Louisiana number thirty six in terms of that, and we're good Minnesota. Want you to find Minnesota here because we got a lot of listeners in Minnesota, number thirty. Minnesota was number thirty.
Speaker 3: By the way, Holler and James called into the Covino and Rich Show last night.
Speaker 1: Oh way, really you got it? He did James out of that go.
Speaker 3: They only talked to him for like twenty thirty seconds. That pretty funny because before they took the call, I told them I'm like, just so you know, this is a Mallard militia legend you're about to speak to Oh wow, okay, And of course he talked to Sam Darnold in the Vikings.
Speaker 1: Wow, I'm gonna I'm gonna yell at him when he calls me tonight. You know, James, you cheating on me? Man? What the what the hell is you know me like that?
Speaker 3: I mean, what the heck?
Speaker 1: Man, what's going on with that?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Let's see what else do we have here? Mike writes in from Frozer, He says, dear band and Danny g congrats on landing the huge squatty potty sponsorship. Yeah, we're very excited about that, really the perfect sponsorship. The only thing I'm upset about with squatty potties. I should be the one doing the live reads. I should be the one doing the live reads, he says, Mike. It's my new favorite Fox Sports radio advertiser. I'm a little worried all the potty talk will give people the urge to use the bathroom, though, Have either of you ever had to hold it in for an entire segment, or even worse, you abandon your post on the live air to use the powder room? Shall we say? He also says, also, after the tremendous success of the Simpsons NFL game, that's a lie. It was terrible. Is there any cartoon you'd like to get an NFL partnership with? He said, I'd love for Sailor Moon to get one. As far as the cartoon thing, I would say Family Guy would be perfect to have that crew just goof on the NFL. But the NFL pretty sensitive. I don't know that they would go for that, so that would be a problem. But Family Guy would be perfect. As far as the other question, I have never had that happen. I've been able to time it. I don't eat during the show. I used to eat during the show, but I don't eat during the show. I don't really do anything other than drink water so I can hold my bladder to go to the bathroom for the breaks. There is a famous LA radio story. A afternoon host in LA when I was a young lad famously had to go whatever he had eaten that day, and he missed about forty minutes of his show shitting in the bathroom down the hall. And it was such an epic shit the FM station down the hall the legend of the and I was not there that day, but the legend. This was in a big office tower on the eighth floor, and you can't open the windows, you know, his office tower, and so they brought fans in to try to redirect the smell. From the bathroom. It was that horrendously. I don't know what the guy ate or anything like that, but that's one of the famous stories in the history of LA radio.
Speaker 3: Geeze Man did a chicken, a whole chicken die side of the guy.
Speaker 1: I don't know Man, I was there, but yeah, they put rules in place on like where you could do that. You had to go to the far bathroom if you really had to go, and it was like a hole a hole to do. Man back. And the great thing about we can't do this at Fox, but on local radio you just fill in extra commercials, You just put extra spots in, you know, but you can't do it for forty one minutes. You can only do it for so long, and then eventually you got to somebody's got to get on the microphone.
Speaker 3: And yeah, yeah, you have like forty two and a half minutes of talk time on our network. So that would have killed an entire hour on your show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would have done the whole hour, and then that's that you had any issue. I know, in music radio, you just put well, I was a jazz DJ when I started, and there was a Branford Marsalis tune smooth jazz and it was like eighteen minutes, and that was always the bathroom song. If you had to go, you hit that.
Speaker 3: Boom and yeah yeah. On hip hop radio you would play sugar Hill Gang.
Speaker 1: How long is that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: I think six and a half minutes.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good for rock. For rock radio back in the day when we were kids, you played Guns n' Roses, November Rain, November Rain. Okay, yeah, that's like ten minutes.
Speaker 1: I know there's a holiday there's like a Thanksgiving song about a diner. I forget the name of it, but it's really long. It's like fifteen minutes or something like that. It only gets played at the Holliday and Gotta Davida No, I don't remember. Anyway, Thank you Mike and Frozerton. And you're getting a lot of love on the tire rack commercials. As you know, al from the TikTok right since says greetings gentlemen, Ben, have you done dog training with Moxie and Luigi? Also? Have there been any internal discussions within the walls of the Malor Mansion on possibly a collab with your former Update anchor KK on training Moxie to ride a skateboard. Yeah, Maxie's not the problem. Luigi is the problem. I don't know what we're gonna do with Luigi's is out of control. I eat in the house the whole thing.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We might have to find Luigi somewhere else to stay. Unfortunately, Moxie, though, is great. Moxie's wonderful. We tried to train Luigi, and Luigi is very stubborn and does not believe in following the training. But as far as Karen kay, I did reach out to KK as you know alf when I got Moxie, she was very excited. Unfortunately, she lives in another state. She's not in California anymore, and I text her every once in a while see how she's doing, but she's not available. She's in live in the area, so geographically undishonorable.
Speaker 3: How did you guys feel about all the Luigi gear blowing up online? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I thought that story. I was fascinated. But the fact that people the guys like it's like a modern day not Robin On because he killed somebody, but the guys like a heroes like. The people are loving the fact that they That's how as we talked about last I think it was last weekend. Danny's like, if your business your your boss. So the business gets killed and people think that's a good thing because of how bad your business is, you might want to reevaluate you're doing business. Yeah, wild story. And the guy was eating like hash browns at McDonald's. And then and then that person that called in the report didn't even from McDonald's. Yeah, they're not even gonna give him the money the bounty because the city called nine one one, he didn't call the other number. How many people call it? Come on, so ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Did you like Burger King coming off the top rope on Mickey D's tweeting at them, saying snitches get stitches?
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is great. I mean if only Burger King's food was as good as their social media, right, I mean both are old Burger King people. Back in the day, we were all about the Burger King, But now not so much. Barry from South Carolina right cent for now, he says, Yo yo Ma, Benny and Danny g. I was at a local joint in Nashville over the weekend, and the bartender asked if she was weird because she put on one sock and one shoe and then goes on the other foot and the other sock, the other shoe of sock, he says, And she's teaching your kids the same thing technique. The nerve. Now, most of us thought she was weird that most people put on sock sock than shoeshoe. What do you and Danny Uh say, So, yeah, I was, you know, I do sock sock, shoeshoe. What do you what are you up to?
Speaker 3: Danny over there? What do you got going on? You know it's weird because I do shoeshoe sock sock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, because you you want to protect your shoes. You have expensive shoes, right, that's where you want to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in the kitchen floor. My wife gets mad if I leave scuff marks, and I can moonwalk a lot better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's very important. I would like to point out now I did the video on I posted the video on Friday. So we have found I mentioned this on the Friday Pod, but you were not here for that, Danny. So we have found the holy land of movie sets at Universe. Like finally after a year and a half of doing the TV show, and so we we were on the set where they filmed some episodes of Seinfeld, Michael Jackson, multiple Michael Jackson movies. They have a Brownstone Street at Universal. It looks like a street in Manhattan. It's nuts. And I found a website that lists all the productions that have done been done on all these different different sets, and it was just it was just craziness.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: It's like you mentioned Michael Jackson. I was like, wow, I was on there, and I was like, I remember watching those videos back when we used to all watch videos right back in the day on MTV, and how big that well even I and I was a good guy, but when videos came out, it was like a big deal. And he spent so much money on those things. How extravaging it those videos were, uh, and and they filmed a lot of them right there on Universal because you could one minute you're in New York, the next minute you're at a you know, Mexican cantina, and then you know, it's it's pretty crazy.
Speaker 3: So hey, really quick. I saw this story break yesterday. Some unreleased Michael Jackson tracks were found in an abandoned storage unit.
Speaker 1: No really, yeah, are you you're not making that up.
Speaker 3: I'm not making that up. This is from Hollywood Reporter at Hollywood Reporter.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's pretty wild. Well, those will be released, right, I mean those are going to be at some point, unless they're terrible.
Speaker 3: I hope. So unless, yeah, unless there are songs that he didn't want to see the light of day.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Barry also says, as for the South Carolina for now, comment, I'm seriously considering moving out of where I'm currently living. I am in a mastered planned community and it's just not my cup of tea. Berry says, I am looking at potentially moving to Savannah, Georgia or Chattanooga, Tennessee. Just don't have it nailed down totally yet, and that I hate moving doesn't help either. What a pain in the ass. Yeah, that is a pain. Well, good luck with that, Barry. I like Charleston and I like South Carolina. My niece lives there. She graduated from Charleston, as you know, and she's stayed there she loves it so much. Well as my father in love lives in North Carolina. So I have some friends in the South now some family in the South, and then I've not spent too much simon Tennessee. I do need to get to Tennessee. I have an aunt that lives in where is it Knoxville? I think my wife's aunt, So you know, I'll get there somebody, but good luck, good luck better. I've not been to Savannah, Georgia, Isa have not. I get to travel more. Yeah, you know that's my goal, traveler. What else do we have? Let's see here, Tommy Cindy. Tommy writes and says he's recommending a new bit with Lorena. Are you smarter than the tech Queen? And then you can ask geography, science, social studies, et cetera. Actually, this is not a bad Loraina is down for it. I am in you know, it might be a fun a fun game.
Speaker 3: How about this bit? Can we get more free vies than the tech Queen?
Speaker 1: No chance, I tell her all the time, says Liten. You've been on the show for like, you know, a minute. I've been here, you know, twenty five years or whatever. These guys, I mean, you have your the personification of pretty girl privilege. And she admits it.
Speaker 3: Danny, She's like, oh, I know she does. Yeah, but I will say that she shares when it's food items and stuff like that, she shares with everybody.
Speaker 1: No, she does, but it's like unreal. I mean, there are guys that are huge fans of Lorraina. I mean, and she just gets box after box after box, and she's so positive though she hasn't been beaten down yet by the business, Danny, And you know what it's like. I mean, we've worked with a lot of people, both of us, who are just bitter and broken and just worn down by all the bull.
Speaker 3: Crap and the Yeah she'll get there, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: She's still young and all that. Give her time and she'll be just like everyone else. You know, you can't avoid it. But you know that's actually not about idea, Tommy. I think we do that right. If she's cool with it, I'll run it by her, and then I think we can we gonna have some fun with that.
Speaker 3: If you like my bit idea better, you can send the gifts to Ben and I at fifteen two six oh Ventura Boulevard, Sherman Oaks, California, nine to one four zero three, first floor.
Speaker 1: And I don't want to speak for you, Danny, but I think we both love love hats.
Speaker 3: We love hats, yeah, especially I'm doing a lot of snapbacks lately, the trucker style hats.
Speaker 1: I don't mind trucker style. But I have a big head, so size eight as long as it fits a size eight. And I think we're we both like our teams a lot, so we need we're more like we'd be okay with like minor league teams or like like if you're a trucker, your local truck.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, exactly, or like yeah, because Ben, it's Clippers rams to me. Yeah, and Dodgers were both Dodgers, and then of course Raiders and Lakers. Ben likes to wear Lakers get here and there also, so correct.
Speaker 1: Although I have that in mind, I have softened. I kind of like the Lakers TV station. I don't know why there's station. I'm a big fan of the table channel Lakers. I don't know why I am a fan of that channel. Then for some reason I like that channel.
Speaker 3: I think that's Oh, by the way, put Fox Sports Radio care of Ben Maller.
Speaker 1: And Danny g Yeah, exactly, And.
Speaker 3: We're going to get exactly zero packages, and Lorena will have five more boxes sitting there.
Speaker 1: Lorena, all of a sudden, we're getting hats in the mail of minor league baseball. Yeah, a couple more quickly. Ryan from Shrewsbury in the Commonweal says is a loyal member of the podcast crew. I was wondering one thing. When you guys record this podcast, what's the scene like, are you boys in the same room, can you see each other? Or are you guys at your houses? As someone with zero background or radio or anything like that, can you please describe the pod atmosphere. So, yeah, I'm in my studio, my remote studio, Ryan, that's what we call it, the mal a remote studio. And on my left, I have let me look here, let me check this out. I have a very expensive microphone. I have a com Rex unit that connects to Fox Sports Radio. I have a voice processor. I have a mixer, some expensive headphones, power supply, backup, power supply. And then on my left I have another set of headphones, another expensive microphone. I have a mixer. I have a bunch of cables and that's my podcast side that I use. And then Danny, you're in your own studio right You're you might want to put some clothes on there. Danny's kind of embarrassing what you're wearing.
Speaker 3: You can't see me, but I can see in front of me. I have a big bump box bumpity bum music in the garage until the neighbors bang on the walls. And above that is an LA Dodgers twenty twenty championship clock solid and on that same shelf a Lakers twenty twenty championship wine bottle that I got from Lebron's collection. And he's got so much wine he doesn't miss it. Oh me and then I have a big trophy on the shelf, Ben, And you could appreciate this because it came from your show, Two time Champion for what feature that you do annually? Can you remember?
Speaker 1: Let's see what feature did you two time Champion?
Speaker 3: It involves NFL players getting into trouble.
Speaker 1: Oh the NFL bookm that we used to see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, two time BOOKHM Champion back to back years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people are upset that we have stopped doing the book them. We might have to bring the book them back. We haven't done it in a couple of years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, come on, don't be a woos in these times today. I could see how some people could be touchy about it, but tell them to shut up and complain to the Nekro brothers.
Speaker 1: Oh god man, you dirty bastard. I got oh, I got so much for that. My crap unbelievable, Scott at Northern Kentucky writes, and I'll get out on this one, he says, been in Danny. Happy holidays to you both. What's the best Christmas honic a gift you ever received? Ben, you were asking about Malor show merch ideas. Other than a non specific T shirt for the show, I think beer koozies would be perfect, especially given that a larger portion of the audience is doing what they're doing while listening during the night. I would definitely buy a few. Also, been how shocked or taken aback? Where you when Lorena accidentally said the city of the Malor mansion? While any of us who have lived who listened for a while and lived in Soca already had a good idea, I would have paid to see your face when she said that. Thanks, there you go, Scott in Northern Kentucky. Yeah, Lorena just blurted it out.
Speaker 3: Geez, did you give your Social Security number? Two?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've tried to explain to Lorraina. I said, listen, I've had some issues with some crazy folks that like the show and liked me a little too much, So we try to avoid that, but fortunately Scott, I just moved after that, so I no longer live there. As a result of Loraina giving out the city I live in, I have now relocated days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, Pasadena's nice.
Speaker 1: Uh no, No, I'm an Apple Valley now.
Speaker 3: You commute in from Victorville.
Speaker 1: Big Apple, the Big Apple. We'll get out on that. I'll be at later today and I will be the Charger Buccaneer game, So I'll be checking that out. I'll be watching everything on my laptop all the other games, but I'll be at the Charger game late TV window, see what happens with Baker Mayfield the Buccaneers. And so I'll be out there and I'll be back on the radio tonight, Sunday Night Radio. Amazing.
Speaker 3: What are you up to? Yeah, just gonna enjoy this NFL Sunday without having to, you know, stress that all about my team playing win or lose for the draft. But yeah, man, I'm just gonna rest up and get ready for one solid week here before we get a couple of days off for the holiday.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So Monday, back at it in the afternoon time with Covino and Rich two to four pm on the West Side and that's five to seven pm in beautiful Chicago, Illinois. Who there you go.
Speaker 1: All right, have a wonderful, wonderful time. We'll talk to you. Well, i'll talk to you tonight. There you go, catch you into the podcast next week. Hello, goodbye, Asta pasta, got a murder.
Speaker 3: I gotta go.