Speaker 1: The dog days of summer means it's time for the boards of summer to kick in the gear and the best way to cash in on your baseball IQ is with Draft Kings Sportsbook. Never bet on baseball before. It's simple. Pick a guy to go yard, hammer some live odd mid game, or just ride with your squad and hope for the best. No spreadsheets, just vibes and dingers. Here's something special for first timers. New Draft King customers. Bet five dollars and get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly. Download the Draft Kings sportsbook app. Use Cold Shannon, That's Cold Shannon for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 2: The crown is yours.
Speaker 1: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Night Camp.
Speaker 2: Y'all know who I am.
Speaker 1: I'm your favorite UNC Shannon Shark, my partner and co hosts Liberty City's own Bengals Ring of Fame, Honoree Madden Adjuster, Pro Bowler, Allpro. That's Chad O your Sinkle Joe I. So Joe is having some technical difficulties our third co host, but he'll be joining us shortly. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button, and guys, go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We'd like to thank each and every one of you personally for your eyes, ears, and word of mouth for helping Nightcap grow to what we've become. Because without you, we can accomplish nothing. One of our awards came in today, just two five Web Awards Podcast Best Creator, Influence Series Club.
Speaker 2: Shay Shade, Shanna Shark.
Speaker 1: Okay, Ash get a Nightcap, so I think Ash keeping Hell. She keep in mind now I normally keep yours. She got mine Hell hostage.
Speaker 3: So I ain't got nothing to show.
Speaker 1: Fuck, I ain't got nothing to show. I ain't got it either. I told you Ash got it. But it's wars like this that make us grateful and thankful and very very appreciative, because we know without you we can accomplish nothing. So thank you again. At home, make sure you check out my laportier. I have a very new drop and this one is personal. Created a limited release to honor my brother going into the pro football Hall of Fame. We're one half two first brothers in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. It's a tribute, a celebration of a legacy. And once they're gone, they're gone. So please grab yours wild supplies last. The Hall of Fame edition is officially live. Just head over to Laportierkanyak dot com and grab yours while you still can do.
Speaker 2: Not miss a chance to own a piece of history.
Speaker 1: Go follow my media company page on all of its platform shay Shed Media and my clothing company eighty four with the link pinned in the chat. We've got Juvi joining us a little later. But first, O Joe, I know you had something you wanted to get off your chest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, most definitely, most definitely, Brother Cam Newton, Brother Cam Newton.
Speaker 3: You left a very long soliloquy.
Speaker 4: A dissertation if you'd say on Instagram where your show on fourth and one?
Speaker 3: You know it was? It was?
Speaker 4: It was it was taking a shot at me, uh, complaining about the Madden ratings, and you wanted to play me at Madden.
Speaker 3: So obviously I took some kind of finish to it. But I'm a challenger, I'm a competitor, and you had all these you had all these big.
Speaker 4: Words and these nouns and verbs, and you was rhyming and having nice bars to it and talking real spicy, like you really like that talk about they call.
Speaker 3: You thumbs and you know you had you had a chance.
Speaker 4: They just revealed the new Madden twenty six and you was playing the game against somebody and long, behold all this trash sooker, you coming at the king, talk about how good you are and what you're gonna do to me, and you got trash chat. Can y'all see that chat? You got man thirty five six thirty five to eight?
Speaker 2: Who beat again?
Speaker 3: I'm not I'm not even sure.
Speaker 4: It don't even matter the fact that listen, the fact that you're talking trash to me someone that is a known game. And he said, oh, I don't know you to play I know you to play FIFA, I don't know you to play Madden. Well, obviously from looks at it, you don't know how to play Madden. Hey, hey, camp.
Speaker 3: And they let me tell you how bold he was and how confident he was, you know, in a in.
Speaker 4: A sense of arrogance almost talk about the winner of the Madden game.
Speaker 3: We can swap shows.
Speaker 4: Like if I beat him, I can go he can go on forward to one and if he beat me, he come on night camp like and listen here, partner, this ain't what you do.
Speaker 3: You talk like you him, but you're not him.
Speaker 4: Oh, don't ever challenge me at anything regarding video games. You play video games for recreational purposes. I play video games as a way of life, to pay my bills and take care of child support.
Speaker 2: We are not.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 6: Well, he puts up, he puts up on cam Huh I said that.
Speaker 2: Man puts up on cam Man.
Speaker 3: Listen, listen, toy MANU you know whats hey? Cam man telling man?
Speaker 5: Listen?
Speaker 3: Don't you shoot at the king? You bet not, miss boy? And just from them from.
Speaker 4: Looking at that, that's embarrassing, Like why would I don't tell me?
Speaker 3: Why would I waste my time?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 3: Why would I waste my time? Chat? What y'all think?
Speaker 2: Chat?
Speaker 3: Make s y'all y'all tail cam Man, don't play at me like that.
Speaker 2: No more.
Speaker 3: Man, don't play at me like that. Man, listen.
Speaker 4: Not only am I'm a true gamer, I'm a gaming enthusiast. I've been playing mad since nineteen eighty eight Sega Genesis John Madden on the cover, Like they play for fun, man, they play for game. They played for shits and giggles. Man, this is life and death over here with me, man when it comes to mad Man.
Speaker 1: Who Yeah, Cam got the look on his face like, man, what the hell happened?
Speaker 4: What I got myself up into and got the nerve to be, you know, come coming at me?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah. He was slick with it, yo, He was slicking with.
Speaker 4: You, putting his words together real good you should yeah yeah, yeah, that was eloquent.
Speaker 2: That well well burst yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, night, all them nouns in pro pronouns.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah. He had the mass together.
Speaker 4: Hey, Cam, want you to do me a favor. Open the Bible, Open the Bible. Hey, hold on, Hey, what's up, Joe? Hey, chat y'all, do me a favorite. Chat y'all. Tell Kim to open the Bible and go to Leviticus chapter eight, verse five, daou shall not try it.
Speaker 2: Vote you with it.
Speaker 3: Don't play with me, Cam, This is what I do, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah, that man puts something on.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey on thirty five, you did I should have I should have sent ash.
Speaker 3: I forgot to see your screenshot of my game. You know I won't my game. Huh, I on my game. You know, I did what I had to do.
Speaker 4: I gave I gave young Bull a small sumber size of what I can do. You know, I didn't want to show too much. You know, man, I'm a developer. I'm a developing the game.
Speaker 3: I don't just play.
Speaker 4: I'm a developer. They come to me for insight, you know, and stop playing with me. Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't know who the old boy is, but he puts something on cam Man.
Speaker 4: Listen, man, matter fact, today I can sweet all day cam.
Speaker 2: Cam might have to take two weeks off after this one.
Speaker 4: Oh no, well, well listen whenever he whenever he resurfaced, we're gonna let him know.
Speaker 3: We ain't gonna We're gonna forget this one.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, oh boy put fuss in it.
Speaker 1: He put fuss. But this with this score here, I did not anticipate this. With three minutes left for.
Speaker 6: The ball game thirty five to eight, I don't know what made him go for two.
Speaker 2: I'll mean, what I be he what he well?
Speaker 6: The twenty seven and a half, I mean, I'm confused. Maybe that's the thing. Is that a thing on, y'all. But you go for two? I mean, I don't know what your help me out on your help me out?
Speaker 3: The game was over?
Speaker 2: What are you going for two? Listen?
Speaker 3: I think he went for trying to make the score look like.
Speaker 1: Thirty five seven, thirty five eight, it's the same. Yeah, yeah, unless unless the old mother was twenty seven and a half.
Speaker 2: That's the only way.
Speaker 5: Is that bad?
Speaker 2: Please? Oh man?
Speaker 4: The fact that he had a five minute video talking about how good he was, that's the only reason I'm really answering back, you know, because you you firing in me like you.
Speaker 2: Him like you.
Speaker 4: I'm like, okay, but I started to believe it he was so he was talking good because he said he was.
Speaker 3: Like, right, I rank rank, what ranked last? That's the only rank.
Speaker 7: That's the only rank he gonna be based off that boy, that boy. Hey, oh my goodness, Oh my goodness. But he' doing all that talking chat chat, y'all.
Speaker 4: Y'all saw the video he made five minutes long, five minutes long. I'm like, what are we talking about? And like I was starting to believe it. I'm like, well, maybe he is that good. Well maybe he does know how to play, and long below.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen when a when them light song, when them light song?
Speaker 2: You know you can't hide.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can't.
Speaker 4: Hide when them light song. Everybody watching the pressure on? Can you still perform after talking that trash? See, That's what I'm used to do. I'm used to talking trash about this game and then then going out there and backing it up.
Speaker 3: That ain't what Cam do. He ain't me. You can't beat me. You can't. There's nothing you can beat me in. Nothing respected me, Cam.
Speaker 2: You got twenty four hours to respond.
Speaker 3: Nah, he done did enough talking. He didn't did enough talking. That's the problem he doing talking. Yeah, he doing He's doing too much talking and no stick work. Too much talking and no stick work.
Speaker 1: But I ain't allowed with you, I thought, Cooch. But the way he was talking, I said, Man, damn, I was scared.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tell you what my grandma used to told me. The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room.
Speaker 3: That's what my grandma told me.
Speaker 4: And then you got some like I'm I don't really that that that that analogy doesn't work with me because I'm the loud one.
Speaker 3: But I really mean what I say, and I back up everything I say from me?
Speaker 4: Is he you understand I wouldn't put on no performance like that because that's embarrassing because that's my last name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, Joe bust be in a halfway house or something.
Speaker 2: Why can you hear me? I guess he talked to me. Can you'll hear me? Yeah? My bad man?
Speaker 6: Technical difficulties over I'm getting it right, man, y'all know I normally be on here locked like the choirs going.
Speaker 2: Man, I'll get ridy right? Is the weather man coming?
Speaker 1: Norm The last couple of days the weather been really it's been rainy, really hard in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: So I'm is the weather bad?
Speaker 6: I don't think the weather bad right now, man, we're getting it right over here.
Speaker 2: We're getting right Joe, where you at? It'll be a mad total.
Speaker 1: I made to Creb what happened? Yeah, I keep breaking up. I've been used to it. You don't think the weather bad? Hell, just look out the window unless you're in the buckle.
Speaker 2: It ain't like that, you know what I mean? Man? What's going on? Bad? We could We're good, glad, glad you glad you could join us.
Speaker 4: I just had to talk about Cam Newton. Man, Cam Newton either made a whole video talking trash.
Speaker 2: Right, you saw I sit in Man trying your gangster, bro.
Speaker 3: Tried my gangster. Joe, he just played.
Speaker 4: He just played somebody two days ago, right, you know they had a man release and everybody had a chance to play somebody another gamer. I wasn't my game, yeah, Man, Joe asked me what the score was when he played, when he played, Cam played somebody, he played somebody asked me what the score was at the score with thirty five eight?
Speaker 3: Man, he lost man a whole lot to a few.
Speaker 6: Hey, don't don't, don't let your guard down.
Speaker 2: The man loves nothing at Joe.
Speaker 4: It's at a point right now, Joe, it's like me trapped challenging you to a game of basketball, and you know you're gonna whoop me.
Speaker 3: That's how you can now after seeing that man.
Speaker 6: Saying no, you got he after you get beat that bad Oh, Joe, he got to.
Speaker 2: Bill back up.
Speaker 6: He just challenge you.
Speaker 3: He got to back up.
Speaker 6: He gotta be a hundred. He gotta be a hundred gamers conceptive.
Speaker 4: Before you know, you gotta do. He has to work his way. He gotta play Michael Parsons. He gotta play Dads, Brian, he gotta play.
Speaker 3: Who else is good?
Speaker 4: Derwin James, he gotta pay Tankdal before you come at the King. You got to play, you know those that underneath me. You know when it comes to this game and stuff.
Speaker 3: Joe, just you don't just get on the game and say, hey, oh Joe, play me. You got to earn this man.
Speaker 2: After you after you dont got beat like that.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he can't play, especially after that long video. It was a nice he was putting his words, Joe. He sounded like he sounds.
Speaker 2: Like, you ain't gonna playing. You're not gonna.
Speaker 3: Play, child, Please, I playing.
Speaker 4: I playing, but it has to be an instruction environment. I want the lights real bright. I want the world to watch because that lets me know based off what I just saw, that means he folds underpression.
Speaker 2: Stay a yeah, because I like it.
Speaker 4: I like I like Joe. I like him when the light's bright. That's why I like him in the right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, I don't want to see this man. I want to see if I want to see how boys get down man. Any way, we can cut up all the riff rap, all that talking Jimmy jabb bumping your gun.
Speaker 2: We can see who got who got that thumb work? Who can do something?
Speaker 3: You know who got that thumb work? Joe I won my game. Joe I won my game. Like it's on YouTube right now. You can go back and look at my thumb work.
Speaker 4: And you look at Cam and and his presentation, the way he was talking, and then you look at the end result.
Speaker 1: Don't Oh, Joe. Cam must have been playing with index index figures. He thinks he won't be playing like he had the tight rider. Hey, Cam, say he do this?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Tell hey, that's what.
Speaker 5: Dude.
Speaker 3: But okay, we can we go. That's that's enough.
Speaker 6: That's enough now, never say he coming back on Joe. Hey, check this out.
Speaker 1: Sadr Sanders will start Cleveland's Friday preseason opener. Kevin Stefans He confirmed this today and added that Tyler Snoop Huntley will be the only other quarterback to play in the game. With Joe Flacco, Kenny Pickett, and Dylan Gabriel slated to.
Speaker 3: Do it, won't he do it?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 6: Look, look, your opportunity is presented itself. Uh, it's kind of like divine ordered. If y'all asked me, O, Joe, you know what I mean, Like it's like God working mysterious ways.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 6: I know we don't want nobody to get hurt, but to see them two dudes have you know somewhere hamstring injuries and flack. Oh obviously probably who's not gonna play, man, I'm looking forward to him just coming out, you know, relaxing and just having fun.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 6: I think it's gonna be a good time for the young fella.
Speaker 2: My mind, you know, my mindset is.
Speaker 1: Ken'ty Pickett and Dylan Gabriel about to get some perman I'm gonna play so good they're gonna be gone.
Speaker 2: It's gonna it's.
Speaker 3: Old for them. Mhm, it's old for them.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Just go just enjoy the moment.
Speaker 6: You don't have to do anything, man, that's it, just just be you stop.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 6: But look y'all imagine like the jitters or or the butterflies that he may have, like he's actually about to get ready to live out of the American dream, you know, which is making it to the NFL. That's probably one of his main goals. And to be able to, you know, start in his first preseason game.
Speaker 2: Man. I remember when I was a rookie.
Speaker 6: Yo, listen, boy, I took the preseason like it was the playoffs like you know, because as a young fellow, you know you gotta you gotta prove yourself.
Speaker 3: You know, you gotta know no better prove yourself.
Speaker 6: So the only thing you know, what's going out there playing hard and showing that you belong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's up?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is the party over there? Man?
Speaker 2: Famos, don't got a haircuts you right here?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: I thought that was teddy.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: What Oh get him?
Speaker 3: Get him?
Speaker 2: You can need a hush bro.
Speaker 4: You you got some killers over there.
Speaker 1: I agree with you, Joe. And I was talking to telling Joe this. I said, look look at this thing. Well, ham string, four string ain't gonna start.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I told you, listen, I told you.
Speaker 2: He's fourth on the depth chart.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know because what I've been I mean, I read and it says man Shador is out playing Dylan Gabriel, and then some people keep saying, well he he ain't.
Speaker 2: I don't really know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I wish I could be there to actually see it for myself, but I've read more articles and with it it says it reads that Shador is outlet and Gabriel.
Speaker 3: I agree, I've been I've been saying some of that. I've been seeing a lot of it too.
Speaker 4: Listen, you know my eyes and the ears, My eyes and the ears theyre in Miami.
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 4: But when I but what I want to know about what's going on, and how some.
Speaker 3: Eyes in Miami he got ears in Cleveland.
Speaker 2: Hear me?
Speaker 4: So I just asked, I go straight to the source. I go to the source that's actually on the field. I go to the source that's not a media person, that's not an analyst, that can give it to me straight. Boy with them boys out there looking like man, okay, boom that last time I said the name.
Speaker 3: This time, I'm not saying the.
Speaker 4: Names, which is why I'm so confident. And when we talk about shador in the Cleveland Browns, that's.
Speaker 3: All because I also mean no disrespect. I told you we're gonna get his opportunity. I didn't know. I didn't know it, but comes this fast and in this way. I've said it. I said it before. Okay, Joe Flaha'm gonna be the starter.
Speaker 4: And I said, if things aren't going well for Joe Flacco, because he plays well and spurts. He get on a four or five game stretch and things somewhat fall apart or come off the hinges, and then get his opportunities. Now you get your opportunity early. You see how God worked. Remember remember the Walipip story.
Speaker 3: You know about the.
Speaker 4: Hey Chad yead If you don't know about the Wally Pips story, look at the Wally Pips story. You know, I don't want nobody injured, but I just want the opportunities given the players that are drafted to a team to be fair and everybody giving it.
Speaker 1: Well, see I got wal You just had a headache that day, got it. Never got his job it, never got his job back. But you look, we'll find out. Well we'll see everybody. Like I said, it's only three preseason games, so I mean the metre of fact that he's playing. Because normally guys they're they're they're not expecting guys to make it tea, Oh Joe, they don't let normally they don't let them guys play because you know why, because I don't want you to get hurt, and I got to keep you mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Hey, but listen preparing for this, huh, Joe, he's prepared for this moment. If it's anything and all you've been through, the doubters, the naysayers, the haters, your enemies right down in your own backyard that drafted you. If what the owner said last week is not motivation to go out there.
Speaker 3: And cut a plumb full.
Speaker 4: In an organized way, in an organized way, in the structured environment, it's still the game of football. Sure that you can be a leader, calm, quiet, selected and reserved. Martha, I guart watch what watch what happened?
Speaker 3: First guarantee he Marster asked, right down and got first drivet Friday, first drive.
Speaker 4: I guarantee you that's how I play out, marching right down the field.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 4: If you don't play well, I'm holding them accountable. If you don't play well, I'm holding the accountable.
Speaker 2: Hold everybody counting.
Speaker 1: I mean, oh, they're talking about Oh Joe Flacco, Kenny Picking and Dylan Gabriel or slated the rest.
Speaker 2: Now they hurt two or the three hurt. Ain't no resting. They ain't no.
Speaker 1: They ain't got enough traditional they ain't got enough time under the belt to get rest in a preseason game.
Speaker 3: They ain't done enough. Only one got time. The rest is Joe Flacco exactly.
Speaker 1: He got eighteen. Okay, I get that, but the mother too, mm hmm.
Speaker 3: They fighting for jobs. Now, yeah, I'm excited. I'm excited. You know who play tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Who played tomorrow?
Speaker 3: The Bengals, that's who they played. The Eagles. Boy, we played the Eagles. You know, we played the Eagles. You know we're gonna, were gonna, we're gonna put belt the ass, that's what y'all.
Speaker 2: First of all, y'all don't play in the preseason and get what.
Speaker 3: Hey, we can't listen. We're not pulling that. We're not pulling that this year.
Speaker 2: Y'all pull that every year.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I'm saying they've been relaxing in the preseason, right, not playing and then going the week.
Speaker 3: One trying to go from zero to a hunt.
Speaker 4: So jamar t I need y'all boys, get one or two series, Get one or two series. Just get get the juices flowing, get acclimated to the speed of the game.
Speaker 3: I know, I know y'all your your veterans. Now come on, now, we can't start. We can't start the season. Oh and two, oh and three out the gate again, we can't We can't afford that.
Speaker 2: I can't I give them a quarter. They ain't gonna play.
Speaker 8: They ain't playing the first series, one and two series, not to the third game.
Speaker 3: Well, it's only it's only young. It's only three games now, huh three?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the third game? Hey, Joe, we played the half Damn the uh the whole first half?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Or play? Or play the first seriad the third quarter?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, all right, Hey, Joe. I love the practice so much.
Speaker 4: I love the preseason so much because I wanted to get my body as acclimated to game.
Speaker 3: Speed as fast as possible.
Speaker 4: Joe, we could practice for one hundred days straight, full pads against yourself.
Speaker 3: When you get in the game, it's nothing like that. Nothing like that.
Speaker 4: It's fast as no matter what you do, there's no way to duplicate and replicate the speed of an actual NFL game.
Speaker 3: I don't care about practice. That's why I love the much. I had coach I told this before, Joe, I would not come out the game in preseason. I made Coach Lewis call the time out. You wanted to get your reps in. What he took about one series.
Speaker 4: Man, we came out and the tools went in. I told the receiver to stay back, and I went back in the game.
Speaker 6: I understand what you're saying. Rhythm and time and is everything, brother, especially in basketball, you know. So I can understand in football, you know, just you know, round running, being sharp on your plays. I can understand that part. Just like basketball. If you don't play, bro, you lose that rhythm and time and it throw you all right.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, it definitely takes time. And look, I needed to get reps too. That's how I was on Yo. I wanted to look. I understand, Okay, we're gonna go a series the first the first game, maybe two series, or the quarter of the third the second game, and then we go into the half. We go at bare minimum, we go into the half and normally we take the first series because and sometimes it's like, okay, we're gonna use the first series in the third quarter, we're gonna go two minutes, so we're gonna go hurry up just to get that in one time. But uh yeah, I needed a preseason. Like these guys, I don't know how to do it. I take my hat off to these guys that come out there, and I guess right now, the way they do it. Oh Joe, these are scriptive practices against each other. I guess that's their preseason game.
Speaker 2: That ain't that.
Speaker 3: Ain't that ain't pre no, no theme, not even close.
Speaker 2: But I'm anxious to see. I'm anxious to see. Uh what how you do?
Speaker 1: Look, I don't care what anybody says. You're gonna be nervous. I don't care how how many long you've.
Speaker 3: Been playing football, every every every let. I got nervous.
Speaker 2: So it wasn't just the preseason.
Speaker 6: I mean I got butterflies and I got goose bumps every game that I played. And you've been playing I've been playing tackle football since I was nine, and I still got nervous.
Speaker 4: Hey, Hey, when they a Joe, they played that field college and uh, when that thing played and you out there stretching, Joe, Joe right before right before kickoff, and that will.
Speaker 3: I beat Joe, I'll be I'd be so nervous. I'd be so nervous.
Speaker 4: And for one and I made it even worse on myself, Joe, because I done talk trash all week.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, it's saying Burrow and the starters will play the first quarter.
Speaker 3: See, I told put me on a super Bowl. Hey, well we're going to Super Bowl. By listen. I know, I know exact exact Taylor Zach, I know you're gonna see this.
Speaker 4: I love you, Hey, Joe Burrow, I love you, t Higgins, Chase, the rest of the receivers, the old line. Now, this, this is what they're doing. What they doing today, what they doing tomorrow is gonna be the reason why we're gonna be in San Francisco. I said it here first. I said here first.
Speaker 3: Now, now watch how we come out week one in September. But y'all got week one rhythm. It don't even matter. Cleveland. I think we got Cleveland. I know, I'm serious. I think a chat chat who we got week one? The Bangles we got Cleveland?
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: You know what me?
Speaker 2: Oh, I ain't like open up with division opponents.
Speaker 1: Let me get let me get my let me get some time, and let me get like two or three games in before I tell y'all, look that first game bout yo, you ain't got your time and your foot that you know you ain't got your feet right?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know what I'm saying. Let me get like three or four games and let me get y'all. Let me see y'all. Week four, Week five. Okay, okay, y'all do open up with y'all, do open up with Cleveland.
Speaker 2: Yeah, knew, I know. I want you at Cleveland. At Cleveland.
Speaker 3: I got the schedule in my head. They got the schedule.
Speaker 6: Look, it ain't nothing like getting off to a good start, neither boy winning that first game. Oh yeah, I always want to get off to a good start.
Speaker 2: Boy, m yeah, you gotta win that first game. Ain't nothing like that.
Speaker 1: So the brides are giving your door one day of reps with the ones for the very first time at the joint practice two days before a start. Then let's see here for a second. Yet, So all this time, he ain't got no work with doing not one not one snap, not one rap. He'll he won't he do it? The boy from the ball line.
Speaker 3: Man a mysterious way. And I'm telling you gonna go out there take them boy right down in the field.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to figure out if you're really trying to do an evaluation. Oh Jo, how can I say I'm trying to evaluate you when I don't give you the same opportunities that I'm giving everybody else that I'm evaluating. Now, Oh, y'all almost see if you can do this job. Now, the job requires a computer. But I ain't gonna give you no computer, Ojo, But this is what I'm gonna do. Oh damn them other guys ain't come to work today. Okay, oh Joe, you up. Here's the computer.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: You ain't let me work computer the whole damn time for two weeks.
Speaker 4: But you know the funny thing about that, even though I wasn't able to work in the computer for them two weeks, when you put the computer my hands, I'm better than those that's had it at their disposal anyway. Old man, I'm gonna be better than those that had the computer them other two weeks before me anyway.
Speaker 3: And I'm gonna put it on display under the under the lights at that.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: I just thought like, if you're evaluating, you evaluate under the same sort of circumstances. You can't say well, you can't say well, I'm gonna see these two. If I got two pins, and I'm gonna see which one can stand the temperature, I got to put them under the same temperature in order to do a proper valuation. I can't let one guy get no reps with the ones, only get a few reps with the threes and fours, and now I get two days before.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, you up, son. Yeah, that's not an evaluation.
Speaker 1: Evaluation is you put You put things under the same set of circumstances.
Speaker 2: Over the same amount of time.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 1: That's how you get boiling or you get freezing temperatures. Because guess what it's gonna at two hundred and twelve. It's gonna boil.
Speaker 3: It's either gonna bust pipes and make diamonds. Baby, I'm ready.
Speaker 1: This is an opportunity. This is what he waited for. This is what a lot of people cheered for. Like man, I show, hope he gets an opportunity the whole show. I sure hope he gets a chance to show what he can do. And this is how the opportunity came about. I don't feel bad, John.
Speaker 3: I know you saw this chat. I know y'all saw this.
Speaker 5: Joe.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure how often you on Twitter, but you know I'm on the all day having fun, making joke.
Speaker 3: But did you see the mean? Right?
Speaker 5: The mean?
Speaker 3: But I think it might have been the end of Kobe's career.
Speaker 4: Kobe might have hit sixty at the game and all the level was there and they used that clip of a Snoop Dogg and then Kanye everybody was caught side and they was it was hype, right, I guess Kobe might have hit sixty or something.
Speaker 6: Yeah he had sixty that Yeah, I guess you talk, That's what it was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the caption was this is this is black Twitter when your door throw his first eight yards slat everybody celebrat.
Speaker 3: Oh, it is so funny. Did even Prime had a comment on it?
Speaker 1: His first completion completion, his first completion that people gonna be Man, that's the game winning the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: What I think the rays is gonna be on this game Friday when they play.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's gonna be crazy.
Speaker 4: Great's gonna be crazy because you know everybody tuning in to see what twelve and the Yeah, for.
Speaker 6: Sure, for sure it'll be the one. Hell, this game might do a bigger rating than the real Browns game.
Speaker 3: Why you both no real talk now? Yeah, you're right, you're right, you're right.
Speaker 1: And was the last time the last time they have a player that was this talked about? You probably got to go back to Baker Mayfield.
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably probably Baker because and the same.
Speaker 2: Thing happened to Baker.
Speaker 1: Remember you put Baker as the backup, and everybody was talking about Baker the backup. Yeah, damn, I'm trying anxiety, Joe. It's a national televised th Yeah, Cleveland. In the preseason, the stage sent, man, it's the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, let me hey, let me add a little slo plot twist for yo, Joe. Cleveland Carolina Panthers, national television game.
Speaker 4: That's crazy, ain't That's that's that's that's crazy, ain't it. It's crazy the power of that last name, even though they trying to humble it.
Speaker 3: Let that sink in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go out there and put the ball out your door.
Speaker 1: Devonte Adams doubts Travis Hunter can play both offense and defense. He told the Pivot, I don't even think it's possible to do, for real, not at a high level. Now, once you get out there playing both sides, Now you gotta tackle Deack Henry with that frame. Oh, Joe, you and I have been saying this, we're not saying but when you play, you gotta play at the level at the number two pick. So you gotta play at the number two pick. At the wide receiver, the number two pick at the dB. It ain't just going out there. Well he on both sides of the ball.
Speaker 6: No, it don't work like that, right, desert, So you tackle Dearek, So let that seek it for a second.
Speaker 2: You tackle Deack Henry.
Speaker 1: Now you got to go over there, and you gotta try to get over against Alexander, Marlon Humphrey, Nate Wiggins. Yeah, that's what you that's what you're up again. Okay, you guard Courtland Sutton. Now you get over against passer tan bro bro's brow bro do you're not. They're no longer playing with study haul in mind. They're not playing for books, they're not playing for tuises.
Speaker 6: These are grown ass men that have families, kids in private school, wife that want to.
Speaker 1: Go on vacation for twelve or fourteen days. I got mom, I got my my wife's parents.
Speaker 5: That I bro.
Speaker 2: It's a different game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so I get.
Speaker 1: I get exactly what Davante's saying. Davonte said. I ain't saying he can't do it. I'm saying, Kat, you do it at a high level.
Speaker 5: Right that.
Speaker 1: That's all we're saying. There's a reason why it used to be like that. Chuck mcnerrick was the last guy. He was the middle linebacker in the center. He was the last guy to play both ways. There's a reason why they stopped.
Speaker 2: Did o cho.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there a reason why. Hey, there's a reason why. There's a reason why pitching it and hitting show they started pitching again. The hitting suffered, stop pitching. Hitting went back up again. It's not that complicated, I know, being the first, but there's gonna be an expectation level that the level is here for dB and for a wide receiver. And I'm telling you they coming, o Jo.
Speaker 2: You know when guys get drafted high at a position, they are coming. Mm hmm. I think you.
Speaker 3: I think you're ready for it, though, Joe, he I think you're ready for it.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: So you think, Henna, you think he's gonna play at all pro a pro Bowl level at on.
Speaker 4: Bocal maybe maybe because he's gonna be better at one. He's gonna be better at one than the other. I'm not sure which one that may be. I'm not sure, I mean as of yet. And I understand also with Devonte as with him not only playing at a high level, playing on both sides of the ball at a high level and making the risk of injury dumb, you know, and then just for one if you could just stand healthy against grown men, you know, having to to feed their families.
Speaker 3: I think he can once.
Speaker 6: I want to see it, because I'm gonna be playing. I'm gonna be probably.
Speaker 1: I think people are gonna be tuned in a lot more the Jacksonville games this year that in the previous.
Speaker 3: But Jacksonville all eight games probably sold out.
Speaker 1: This year because because you know, you do got you got a Collins, You got Nico Collins, not go get them Againstingley. Hey, hey, hey, that's what you got. That's what you're up again. Okay, now you got Now you got Ward. Now you got to go guard those guys up in and and and and ending those three guys Peers and Mitchell and and Pittman Jr.
Speaker 3: Josh Downs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what you got.
Speaker 5: Got.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be like that every week though every week there's no in college, you know, it's an all week.
Speaker 3: The level of talent and the competition.
Speaker 4: You're playing boy all seventeen you finish singing them boys.
Speaker 6: I think he gonna every week, I tell you, I think he's gonna be better at receiver. I think playing that, playing that.
Speaker 2: See, I thought that. I think I thought his skills were better at dB.
Speaker 1: I think he had just because the way he can just track the ball, his instincts, O Joe, how.
Speaker 2: He could like he could be like watching he food.
Speaker 6: He'll fool the quarterback like I'm thinking, and then they throw it to the flat and he can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he got tremendous instincts.
Speaker 1: Now now, right now, I think he's playing the receiver position with a lot of athleticism. He the really good ones, Yeah, the really good ones. You gotta get technically sound. You get sloppy with roles, You start rounding these routes and you start getting lazy.
Speaker 2: Man. They rob you a a you like a tourist in a foreign country.
Speaker 3: You know what the funny thing about it is when he was at Colorado, he can get away with it.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah, you're gonna have to be more technically savvy at the NFL level because everyone in just as fast.
Speaker 3: Some people will be faster than you everyone and just as quick. Some people may be quicker than you.
Speaker 4: Understanding what you got across from you, what you can get away with, what you can and that's going to take time. So I think right now, when he does win, whether it's offensively and defensively, it will be based on athleticism, a loan and those probably across from them. Oh shoot, a trap maybe being scared sometimes. I mean, I'm not scared, you know what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 1: Because I think that I think Cohen says he's trying to get him into like eighty percent of the snaps on offense. Okay, well, you know he was playing damn near one hundred percent of the snaps on offense and in ninety eight percent of the snaps on defense.
Speaker 3: That was in college.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 1: But like I'm saying, that's a that's a lot of reps because you know, let's just say one hundred and thirty plays in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a lot. That's a lot.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of plays.
Speaker 1: I mean, oh, I think the most players I've ever played an actual game. I think I played like ninety two snaps on offense. That's the most I played in an NFL game.
Speaker 2: Got that. That's a lot of players.
Speaker 3: Remember how you felt the day the day after the morning after that game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, imagine what track feel like the morning after that game both sides of the ball.
Speaker 1: Now he twenty twenty twenty one, so he might not be. Now, I'll check back withing when he twenty five. I'll check back with when he twenty six, twenty seven, right right right, Because you know when you're young, o Joe, Hey, you play on Sunday, I can play again on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: But as ay.
Speaker 1: Man and you started getting older, man, I ain't start feeling good Friday, right.
Speaker 2: Bad about bad, And.
Speaker 6: Like these guys have these Thursday games on charge, man, I'm glad they had it.
Speaker 2: I played one.
Speaker 1: I think I played a Thanksgiving my rookie year ill I was twenty two. I'm glad man. Now, can you can you imagine, oh Joe, you being thirty three, thirty four years of age, and you play Sunday and you gotta turn right around again and play Thursday.
Speaker 6: A hold on, no, Ojoe, y'all play on a Sunday. Y'all probably practice probably what Monday? I mean Tuesday? Now you gonna run. You're gonna run and lift on Monday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Monday, Yeah, you go go in to watch film, get your lift in Tuesday. You got Tuesday off. Then Wednesday is back after you.
Speaker 2: Back at it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, Now in college, you're right, Joe. You play on Saturday, you out there to path on Monday.
Speaker 2: They're gonna work here in college. Boy, I don't care what nobody saying. What but you ain't. But you're eighteen nineteen worked in life.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't want you. I'll be honest with Jojo. I don't remember.
Speaker 1: It's a long time too go down there, forty years, but I don't remember being sore in college. You being sore in college.
Speaker 4: I remember after after the NFL games, I was never really sore. Even though I played reckless. I wasn't obviously, you know, I wasn't physical. But the only thing I saw on me at the NFL games.
Speaker 3: Was my ankles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all that start to stop it.
Speaker 3: I'm not even trying to be funny. Even when I was younger, I would.
Speaker 4: Have to turn to the side of the bed, yeah, and then putting my feet on the floor and warm my ankles up, just just because the way I would just just start and stop until I starting to stop.
Speaker 3: Joe, Joe, I can run full speed, Joe and stop on a dime. You fee be hurting the next day, though, And Joe that next morning. Oh man, I'm surprised.
Speaker 4: I'm surprised I'm still able to hold up this long Joe at fifty seven, Like I don't have no issues.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're definitely blessed.
Speaker 1: You ain't blessed not to have no help, no need, you know, seeing all those guys that you know, going back to the hall this past weekend on Joe and seeing all them guys that gotten help replace the knee replaced, the shoulder replaced, and ankle replaced. Hell, I didn't even know you can replace ankle. It's all you gotta take care of yourself. Man, Damn, I tried to well, ain't no taking care of to him now. They ain't gonna never give me no more problem. The doctor said, as long as you don't run, they'll last you the rest of your life. I said, you ain't got worried about that, doctor, I said, even if somebody get after me, I am be able to get away from it.
Speaker 2: He ain't gonna be able to get away from it. Doctor. You got me, But uh, I got I mean you got to.
Speaker 1: You gotta listen to the interview because I know there are a lot of people say, Man, Davanta hate Davonte Hate.
Speaker 3: They gotta hear it, they gotta hit it in his in his in hiss entirety to understand the.
Speaker 1: Conyes, yes, he said. I ain't saying then do it. I'm saying do it at a high level because you know, like I said, I saw Time doing it a couple of times. Roy Green was the person the first person that I saw do it and did it at a high level. And then they say, nah, you're just too value at the wide receiver. We just gonna leave you over here. Because if I'm not mistaken, I think he started off for like a d B and uh and you know we saw Time do it. But you know, I think Troy, what's uh play for the uh the Patriots? Troy Brown? Y know he do but he I mean he knocking He wasn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah he was. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: He wasn't as good a dB as he was a receiver because I think he went to the Pro Bowl a year or two at at the at the wide receiver position. But the expectation for trav is like he's one of the favorites do not only win Defensive Rookie of the Year, but the offensive Rookie of the Year. So That just goes to show you that the level that they're expecting him to play at.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, on what happened? Boy?
Speaker 2: What Joe?
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 4: What if trav do win both awards Offensive Rookie of the Year and Defensive Rookie.
Speaker 3: Is everybody gonna be shot? It would be the greatest. It'll be the greatest.
Speaker 1: Look, there've only been a handful of guys. Jim Brown one m v P as a rookie.
Speaker 3: Right, I think Fred Linn I think he won m v P.
Speaker 1: And baseball as a rookie. I think Wes Unsel won m v P as a rookie. To win Offensive Defensive Player of the Year, that'd be that would be the big the first, he'd be the first to do that. I would put it up there with what Magic did. Magic led a team to the NBA Finals and won finals.
Speaker 2: MVP.
Speaker 1: I'd have to put it up there with that. Think about it. You the best player on offense and the best player on the defense as a rookie, right, right.
Speaker 3: Man, that's possible. I think it's my goodness.
Speaker 1: Keatas Parker did it and Will Yeah, we'll okay, Will did it also, but we'll average like one hundred points.
Speaker 3: I mean also, we we talked about football, now we talk about yea yea yeah, yeah yeah, it is different, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean there's no quiller because we don't have anything to basic to like bas it on O Joe. We've never seen anybody play the kind of snaps or kind of reps that he wants to play, right, So it's hard for us to basic only. Like I said, we saw Time. I saw Time. I was in the league when Time was doing it in Dallas in ninety five. You know which call got hurt and he was catching catching past and we know what he was on the defense side of football.
Speaker 2: I saw Troy Bryn.
Speaker 1: I think I would already I had already retired by the time Troy was doing But we've never seen a player.
Speaker 2: Play at this.
Speaker 1: I mean, like I said, if you go back to the fifties and forty fifties and when they was doing it, that's what I'm talking about in modern football. Okay, let's go uh since the merger, let's do it like that or the Super Bowl era, Ocho, because you know, man, we used to play both ways, bro, But y'all had twelve players. If you had no choice, but to play both ways. But but that being said, yeah, I mean a high level. That's the expectation. It's like you, o cho, they expect oho to play at a high level. Yeah, okay, whoever the dB is, they expecting him to play at a high level.
Speaker 2: Now you're the same person.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: They still expect that high level of play whatever side of the ball that.
Speaker 1: You're on at that given time. So I'm definitely gonna be watching. I'm gonna be root for it. I'm gonna get him couple of picks. I'm gonna get him, come to get him couple of touchdowns. And often you see a guy get a pick out a touchdown.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, he's gonna be special.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: I'm looking forward to that too. I'm looking forward to the season.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 6: This uh, this, this weekend's gonna be fun and from here on now so it's gonna be It's gonna be interesting.
Speaker 1: Season might not be going well or y'all don't get my car. Whoa, whoa, whoa, Chill come on now, come.
Speaker 3: On, now, you you heard what you heard what Jerry said today? That one I ain't see it, oh you missed it. He just he just compared he compared a deal when he bought the Cowboys. All it was it was based on a hand.
Speaker 6: Handshake, okay, oka, yea yeah, yea yea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, an eye contact.
Speaker 1: Hey, Jerry Man, there's a reason why we have written contracts because you know why, oh yo, that Jerry's absolutely right. A contract before we had written contracts was a meeting of the minds. I shake your head. Oh, Joe, you will give me a twenty bushel of grain. Okay, I'm gonna give you some cattle. Oh, I'm gonna give I'm gonna give I'm gonna give you something of equal value.
Speaker 2: We have a handshake. That was a meeting of the minds. But guess what happened along the way.
Speaker 1: Somebody got what they were supposed to get and in return didn't return what they were supposed to give. So they say, you know what, we gotta stop this here. So and Judge Judy say, hey, that's sixty but this right here, that saystem is it on here? That's what I need to know, because we know people to say one thing and do something else. Now, an oral contract, isn't I mean, some states they're they're there, that's enforceable. But Jerry know that man was talking about being a leadership. He's gonna get him signed.
Speaker 2: Man, But I don't.
Speaker 1: But you know, o Joe, if a guy has an agent, you're not supposed to You're not supposed to do a deal with a player.
Speaker 4: You're not supposed to talk to the player, especially concerning concerning anything happening to do contracting numbers. Because the first thing the only gonna do is, hey, let's be buddy, buddy, and they're gonna try to undermine you. They definitely not gonna give you what your value is, what your worth is.
Speaker 2: They're not absolutely not.
Speaker 4: They trying to save money, you know. And the one thing you have to understand, Joe and Chad, this is this is for y'all as well, is when you are billionaire, in order to get to that point, you have to be very shrewd when it comes to business.
Speaker 3: You got to step on a lot of people, Joe along the way to get to that kind of wealth. Yeah, I don't think people understand that.
Speaker 2: No, you gotta be.
Speaker 3: Not on our there, not on our side. It never had been, especially if you build it now, if somebody leave it to you.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, your dad was worth fifteen billion, dollars and he leaves you in Chauncey. That's one thing. But for him to climb to that bladder and to get that money, oh yeah, he stepped on a lot of people. Stepped, don't step over, stepped around all that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And you know what I wish. You know what I wish. What you wish is no disrespect chat This is.
Speaker 4: This is for y'all too, Joe, and for people that have attained in a mass and extreme amount of wealth, there's always the way they got there.
Speaker 3: There's always a loophole that gives.
Speaker 4: You one huge jump to get to a certain degree of it, and it continue to build it off like he did it all the right way.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna leave it at that. I don't want to I don't want to get too far into it. I want to get too far into it.
Speaker 4: But y'all, y'all, y'all can y'all can catch her. You can catch what you catch. If you can't catch it, get your hands right.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: We got a special guest joining us. He's logging in as we speak, one of the members of the Hot Boy. It's four hundred degrees here. He is losing Hada on Julie, what it do you?
Speaker 5: Oh man, cooler man in the studio right now, doing something, looking it up, working on my album. Yeah, trying to finish up.
Speaker 1: Oh you do something, you know what. We ain't gonna talk about anything else. Go ahead, tell us about what you got coming out.
Speaker 5: My album is called a bailing Point, bro. It's shit is crazy. There's some grown man music. I recognize. I recognize it's a lane for me right now because everybody's doing it, you know, doing anything. So I feel like it's a it's a gap right there for us, and I'm trying to fill that gap.
Speaker 3: Oh see, Judy, you're thinking like I'm thinking. You thinking like I'm thinking. There's a gap. That's a lane that you're standing right that nobody's in right now, right So it's me on the same page. I really think I should be on that.
Speaker 1: I puts up so you can't get that lane. That's why I put lines because I know where he was going.
Speaker 3: Listen, I got it.
Speaker 5: I can.
Speaker 4: I can shoot a quick sixteen to you right now, real quick, in case you want to use me for you know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I got cars came sixteen candles. The only thing he gonna shoot blow.
Speaker 3: I'm from Miami. What you want to do?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 3: Okay? That's enough, that's enough.
Speaker 2: That's too much action, that's too much.
Speaker 6: In my.
Speaker 2: Hey, person took some shit up for you.
Speaker 3: Let me know, let me know, listen, I could always use another job, right, all the jobs?
Speaker 2: Dude? Thirty years?
Speaker 5: Yeah, thirty years, thirty years, bro, Damn.
Speaker 3: Does it seem that long to you? Said again, does it seem that long to you?
Speaker 5: No? It really seems long with somebody tell it to me. You know, you know what I'm saying. Like you, you're in the NFL. When somebody bring up the NFL and stuff like that, you're playing, it feels like, damn, damn, it's been gone. Damn. I try not to harp on it, but when people said I look back out, I'll be like, damn, I can't believe this shit. Thirty years. I'm like James Brown right now, Joe.
Speaker 1: We don't know if this is true, but what's being reported is that Turk left. He exited early with tensions with BG. Is there anything you can shed light on Is that true or to it's over? What's going on?
Speaker 5: Well, from what it came from the higher up, So I really don't know what what the paperwork said. They sent him some paperwork I heard, so I don't really know.
Speaker 2: What the reason was.
Speaker 5: So it gotta kind of like let us know what they got us in a blind on what really happened. I don't know if that was their reaction because of what was you know, what he was saying on the internet or something like that. But I truthfully don't know what the real you know, what the real reason was. He said it was money. He said it was money, right, so maybe it was that. I really don't know, bro. You know, niggas ain't taking nose short of bag. Once you commit to having a bag a certain way, you know, you you come back and change the deal. And yeah, yeah, we don't know, bro, because I ain't see his paperwork, but I really.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 6: Joe oh Man, a juve man checked this out back in ninety eight. Ninety eight Hot Boys came to Little Rock, Arkansas, Man Barton Colin. That was my first concert ever. Bro, y'all came and to that thing down you hear me, Little Rock? Yeah, you called Little Little Rock.
Speaker 2: Y'all ain't get the finish though, because then boys wonna stop.
Speaker 5: Hey man, every every time we was going there. Man, it's a little rock man, it was. It was like that kind of like Oakland. That's like a third world country. Bro, right, take right up these highways. Did you get there? It's like, damn, bro and they different out there though they fucking hey, hey, can.
Speaker 1: Y'all just let us one time, finish the concert, let us get out. We try to get y'all, y'all two hours, but damn tell.
Speaker 5: You, man, we was banned from Oakland like that for like ten years. Man, they wouldn't let us get down to Oakland because of that.
Speaker 3: Damn yeah, hey, hey ju.
Speaker 4: When it comes to making an album, right, you know, I think as fans of hip hop in general, we don't know the ends and outs and how things work. But I think it's just interesting. I'm sure the chat would probably know. How long does it actually take to finish an album? You know, we're used to just getting the finished product, but we don't know much about what goes into production in studio time and all that other good stuff.
Speaker 3: How long did it normally take an album?
Speaker 5: Man? Everybody has their own different, you know way doing things like for me, for me my time, you know, it's when I got some free time. So with me, Man, I can knock out three or four songs in the night. So because i'm engineering, I'm doing everything by myself. I really don't have nobody in the studio. And then I got full list sex to studio time all the time, so I'm not paying for it. So for me, Man, it's however long I want it to be. But I can get an album done right, like I would say, if I'm focused, like in a month's time something like that.
Speaker 2: Hey, look at in.
Speaker 1: Order to be a rapper, do you have to be a night out? Do anybody? Do anybody work normal business hours?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm all day with it. I don't have like, I really don't have a time. Whenever I feel it, I'm going. But a lot of them cats don't go in the study like Wayne Man, Wayne being going in at three o'clock in the morning. I'm like that, But you know, I guess it's them going to the clubs, leaving out of the clubs going straight to the studio. Having that Just keep that vibe that you had, because a lot of us get our ideas while we're out in the bout.
Speaker 6: Hey, look, when you're in the studio, what kind of vibe. You got to know you like to beat dol or you kind of you know you have some people in there.
Speaker 2: Just just vibe.
Speaker 5: It's it right here. Look look, look, look I'm giving you a three sixty.
Speaker 2: Damn you. You ain't got nothing on in now.
Speaker 5: Well I used to hang with digital design when they first started pro Tools in Nashville and stuff like that. So I've been touching this since the beginning.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you know how to work everything in there.
Speaker 5: I know to work everything, put the studio together. While I understand all of it. Bro, you gotta remember, I make lamps. I mean, like trying to God. So I make all kinds of I can build all kinds of stuff. So why is? You know? Why is? And stuff like that. That's my thing.
Speaker 2: Well maybe you can help Joe. Tell Joe you can win.
Speaker 3: It's okay.
Speaker 2: Hey the devil working baby were fighting? We fight?
Speaker 5: I see it was glittering. Bro.
Speaker 2: You all right though?
Speaker 5: Yeah, what kind of service you got?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: I think we got uh down? Come on, come on, come on, you let me Julie.
Speaker 1: When you made back that ass up, did you have any idea that you was gonna be making a song that will stand the test of time.
Speaker 2: When that song comes on, they're hitting the floor.
Speaker 5: I was just trying to get the women to take some ass, but you know I was. I would keep it real, bro. I figure. I figured if I said something to make the women shake their ass, I would get them because I came from that, right. I was making that kind of music from the start, So it was kind of like back to the ass up was easy for me to make. The other songs was kind of hard for me to make. But songs like that booty shaking records, that's that's simple for me. I mean there right now making a booty shaking record. When beat, yeah, all day, all day, man, man in flesh a bad dog, You're a bad motherfucker. Bro. Do different, bro. And when he makes when man in French make a beat, it's more like you're competing with him because he trying to beat you out. Like he's not trying to just make a beat to compliment you. He's like, looking, you better do your fucking things. I'm about to shine on this bitch, and don't let him have averse. Watch how many breaks he gonna have on his verse that it's gonna you hear him on the back that ass who come in. I said, damn niggas, you got everything playing on your part.
Speaker 3: Nigga, Hey listen.
Speaker 6: So when you hear the beat, you kind of go into whatever thought process you have or do you have, do you already go in with a preconceived or what you want to talk about.
Speaker 5: I listened to the beat. The beat, I follow the music. Man the music most of the time give me ideas and directions to go. You feel me. And with the fact that I don't write, I just sit here and just think of my thoughts and put them down. So I gotta be one of them cats. That's why I gotta be hands on. That's why I don't like engineers, because engineers don't really understand when I want him to hit record and when I want them to stop. They don't. They don't. They don't understand your instincts. That's why I tell all the artists, all the young cats, man, learn how to record yourself. You're gonna hear You're gonna make your best songs when you learn how to record yourself.
Speaker 3: I yo, that's dope.
Speaker 5: That's lie.
Speaker 1: You Let me ask you a question, what made you decide to get back in the studio. Or is it like, Man, I ain't really happy what's buff being out there today? It's just my time to get back in the studio. What made you decide to go back into the studio?
Speaker 5: Man, That tinyess performer sparked my fire?
Speaker 3: Bro Okay, you know, just.
Speaker 5: Letting people when people when people realize that, Nah, this nigga really can rap these songs. Fuck the music, this nigga can sing this ship. That shit sparked my fire. You know what I'm saying. That shit like got me back on the road, got me back, got me back going. You always it's always something. It's always that little something that gets gets you going, you know what I'm saying. And that ship, you're like, you know what, fucking I'm about to run. Fuck that, I'm about to take this ship and running. And that's what that was for me, you know, and and and and I'm I don't deny it. You know I always tell people like, man, shit, everybody needs something, you know, everybody needs something something, everybody needs somewhere to start, you know what I'm saying. You, for instance, brother, you're fucking interview with Cad Williams. You took that shit in. You know what I'm saying, yep, and that's what that that's the same thing. It had the same effect that Tiny Desk did for me, because not only that a lot of artists have to go after me, and now the standard is up there. Now they got to like top me and not saying that motherfuckers ain't k't outperforming shit. But it's a standard now and everybody go on Tiny Desk, now they know, like, man, we gotta fuck that.
Speaker 2: I gotta out joke.
Speaker 1: But you know what, Juvie, Going on the tiny desk, you have to perform a different way that you normally would, and people got to see you on a different light. They're like, okay, he really, I mean yeah, I mean it wasn't the beat wasn't overpowering, the music wasn't so loud as the story.
Speaker 2: You could hear.
Speaker 6: You could hear every single thing that you're saying. It's like, oh, that's what he was saying. I've been saying it wrong all the year, twenty five years said it wrong.
Speaker 5: I had a tea code though, bro, you know, I had John Baptista and Trumbo and started with Man they fresh, and then for one of degrees bands, I kind of had a cheek cold. I bought all all the guns. I bought everybody with me, Like fuck that I'm gonna make this is something big if I can.
Speaker 2: You know, well, you definitely turned it down. Was that was That was a hell of a performance.
Speaker 5: Thank you, dog, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Being from Louisiana, you know a thing or two about food.
Speaker 5: See how you said it. You said it like us because we say Losernas, we didn't lost so fucking much. Man, Fuck we need some wins, nigga.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Louisiana, Losa.
Speaker 1: Outside outside of your home state where you've had some of the best cooking at Man.
Speaker 5: You know, I lived in Atlanta for like for like seven years, so I had some good cooking in Atlanta. Bro. Yeah, I would say Miami. I had some Cuban food that was fucking off the chain.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: Man, it varies, bro, but I would I would definitely give. I definitely give Atlanta they props, man, because they cover a lot of ground with food. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if they if they stopped trying you, you're.
Speaker 5: Gonna pay for it. You're gonna pay.
Speaker 6: And make you Wait, there's two people in there, Oh we got away. It ain't but two people in here. But you have to wait an hour.
Speaker 5: But you know that, you man. I'm from the cooking capital and US and all the boys. We don't really like to eat too much food out of out of New Orleans. We like our ship. Man.
Speaker 2: Y'all be putting too much hot sauce of y'all food. It's not good. I can't taste nothing you eating.
Speaker 5: That fucking restaurant. Ship Man. I'm not not shooting on the restaurants in the city, but it's some old ladies and ship like that and some family members down here that's gonna give you that real You gotta get your real bro.
Speaker 3: Matter fact, he speaking of real, Julie, I got something for you.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: I know you like food like restaurants.
Speaker 4: Obviously Louisiana being one of the apple Is when it comes to cooking and restaurants.
Speaker 3: I think Chicago is up there as well. Obviously New York.
Speaker 4: But if next time you come to Miami, I need you to try two places for me. I need to try two places for me. There's a place called I Crave my Young bull on I crab really good food breakfast, lunch. I'm not sure if they do have dinner, but if you if they don't have dinner, then you got to try another restaurant called Smith and Webster.
Speaker 3: One of my young bulls on Smith and Webster man superb, superb.
Speaker 5: But you need to add to you know what I like in Miami. They got just a little breakfast spot, man, everybody go to. It's a it's like a it's a small little spot. It's like a little family spoty close at two o'clock. I don't even remember the name of it. But they got fishing grits.
Speaker 3: Jackson's.
Speaker 5: I think that's an email, K. I think that's it. I'll be sucking the name of man. It's a fucking chain fishing. This hook right in the hood is in the hood.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's probably probably emilk.
Speaker 5: Yeah in the hood. Everybody they know me. I'm in that.
Speaker 3: What's the song food?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, old food.
Speaker 4: But like I think it's right off, right off twenty seconds by by by Drew Drew middle school.
Speaker 2: Dude, y'all eating you eating new tree or down?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 2: You eat that that little road?
Speaker 5: Fuck? No, I don't eat that weird ship, bro. I don't fuck with none of that weird ship. Bro.
Speaker 2: Hey, y'all beating eat y'all eat everything.
Speaker 5: I don't eat know, gaya none of that ship, Bro, I killed you. I go out there with my people and try to catch one of them motherfuckers. But I ain't eating that ship. I mean, I don't do none of this strange ship.
Speaker 1: Cause you know, hey, you know y'all be y'all, be y'all be whipping it up to my Oh this is good, y'all. Don't add this over everything.
Speaker 5: Nah, Man, My family cook all that man, chittlings everything. I just know, Bro, I never ate it. I can't do it. The house once the dog cooking, I'm done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see in this you know they cook that pot.
Speaker 5: Look, you gotta get some stuff. Bill peppers Man.
Speaker 2: Surprised the first the first time I ever had gator was in New Orleans. Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you gotta. But you gotta cook it. And they gotta be hot because it's gamy, and you can't eat it. Talk about you got to get it right out to grease.
Speaker 5: I can't eat that ship, bro, I go to thinking about this motherfucker crawling through the swamps. Ship. I can't funk it.
Speaker 2: Ketch up.
Speaker 5: They put ketch up all over everything. I can't do that eat. I ain't no catching either, so.
Speaker 3: Uh jup winding apps. Do you have any idea when the album is gonna drop?
Speaker 5: We're looking at September, man, but that day can easily be moved because I'm I'm so meticulous on how I want this album to sound, and I just feel like I need to do like one or two more songs right now. And That's what I'm doing right now.
Speaker 2: The tour, the tour, the tours going on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the tour is still going out. I think they moved some of the dates back though, but I know I'm about to go on the promo run. So they gotta figure this. They gotta figure the logistics out of that. But I'm a show guide, me. I'm I'm one of them guys that uh my calendar stay full.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: You know, I've been blessed to always be able to uh do a lot, you know, get booked. Man. I do a lot of shows.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 5: So I never been shot in that department at all.
Speaker 4: I got you shoot while you while you finishing up that studio, I mean, while you finish up that album.
Speaker 3: Just let me know how I can sing.
Speaker 5: You that verse, that verse.
Speaker 2: To use it.
Speaker 3: But if you want to put it in there, you know, get you something to work with.
Speaker 5: You gotta do some loose skywalkers ship man. You gotta get some booty shake, bro. You gotta yeah, you can't be spitting bars, right, you gotta.
Speaker 3: I got you.
Speaker 5: I got The ladies don't understand bars what they do. But then some of the majority of the women in that they don't want to hear that. They want they want to get their dance on.
Speaker 3: Okay, we get through that too, We can do that.
Speaker 2: I used to be that.
Speaker 3: I should be the d J you know, and the and the man on the mic at back in the day at King of Diamond.
Speaker 5: That was me you putting on that album. I'd have been in there a few times. I never seen you back there.
Speaker 3: That would that would me, That would me on the mic?
Speaker 5: That was me? I was you came, Yeah, nig I ain't seen that was it? Old chill? Which one was it?
Speaker 2: I would chair back then.
Speaker 3: I had when I had like twenty seven jobs back then.
Speaker 5: Damn damn, I missed. I missed it, nig I missed it.
Speaker 6: Hein' juve you got any features on this new album coming up? Bro?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got features, man, I got some features on here. Some casts supposed to be featured on you. They ain't showed up for me.
Speaker 2: Gives one. Just give them one feature that they're gonna be talking about something.
Speaker 5: Cash money all right, I know, I know, uh we we their baby.
Speaker 2: You gotta be on that thing. Yeah, cash money the baby.
Speaker 1: Hey, Julie, congratulations everything outstanding career. Uh, good luck on the tour.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: We can't wait for this album to drop in September. Come with the day before, a couple of days before, come back and tell us come back.
Speaker 5: I gotcha and I'm gonna let you'all hear something. Man. You gotta check out some of these music, but before it come out, appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Yes, Oh Joe, I can't. I can't wait my version. Hey, I would be famous, Bro, I'm telling you what's up.
Speaker 2: I can't wrap who you?
Speaker 3: No, I can wrap. I just can't go off the top of the head. I'm not a little Wayne, I'm not jay Z.
Speaker 4: But once I write things down and I and I visualize it and then I can execute it off paper.
Speaker 3: That's what you saying.
Speaker 2: You a beat, you're gonna go on?
Speaker 4: Yeah, all I gotta do, give me, give me ten minutes, Joe. You know that no path on that, No pad, I got filled up with all your closer pass Yeah, you give me ten minutes, give me a beat. Let me think of situations and variations that I've been through in life.
Speaker 3: I could put it down on paper and man, it's listen when it's done right. The artistry of my pen is magnificent. You hear me, like, Joe, I really do that?
Speaker 2: Joe? All right, Joe and Cursey, I don't understand.
Speaker 3: Hey, Joe, you know what I'm saying, Joe, I was. I was a drama in theater major, Joe, like I can do.
Speaker 2: Guys, a drama. Huh about a job in theater major.
Speaker 6: Now you just told us you know what to foul you cos, and you're gonna tell me about you a drama in theater major?
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: See, that was the easiest classes for me to get credit to be able to play football.
Speaker 3: That's why I was. You know you understand that. You see what I'm going with.
Speaker 2: That ain't easy. So what you experienced, wait.
Speaker 3: Hold on for me.
Speaker 4: Dram in theater is very easy. I can get into character quick right now. I can recite I can I can recite.
Speaker 2: Shap Yeah know we we we we watch it one were looking at it. Okay, okay, we don't this dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey Joe.
Speaker 1: Give us some Shakespeare. Give us you know, your your best bestbion right now, so you do poetry and all.
Speaker 3: What Joe, I do spoke a word at the hard rock down here and.
Speaker 2: At the hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go ahead that way, friends, romans, countrymen, lend me your ear.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 1: Give us something four score and twenty years ago, you know doing. Give us something like that. Give us get his burger dress.
Speaker 2: Give us.
Speaker 3: You ready, take your time time.
Speaker 4: Mhm o, come on, don't do that. Let me focus, Let me focus, focus, focus. Listen, Hey, Joe, I was a drama major. I was the theater major. Watch how I watch How.
Speaker 3: I take your time? Take time?
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind. Therefore a wing cupid painted blind.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Hey boy?
Speaker 3: You hello, will boy?
Speaker 2: You so better now? When they say you're special, bro, you ain't you a special?
Speaker 5: Dude? Bro?
Speaker 2: Wrong with you? Hey?
Speaker 3: Listen, listen, hey, listen. When I was in when I was in high school, I was in a little cubicles in the back.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: But it's all.
Speaker 6: Way way in the back, little classroom, little cubical.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, my I know my baby saw that. I know you watching that was that was for you. I wrote that, I wrote that. That came. That came from here. So you said you had the hard rock on TUESDA night. Yeah I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh Joe, I do. Spoken word.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, are you wanting to give another? I can give another one right now off the top of the head.
Speaker 2: You want one, yeah, you do one more? One more, one one more?
Speaker 3: Okay, snap with me, Snap with me?
Speaker 2: Then come on.
Speaker 4: Many nights, rain falls, umbrella calls, dog walks, cat screams, nails, a crocker, chasseboard of and stole refrigerator, silver.
Speaker 3: Wentworths. Not many days do they have like this? Today's Wednesday? They call it? Hum Why would it be a day? Why couldn't it be nine? That boy thinking, oh love Joe, don't.
Speaker 5: Yea?
Speaker 3: Hey, that was a good one, right, that was.
Speaker 2: A good one. Yeah, that was good with that, Joe. I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: I'm glad, y'all. I'm glad y'all appreciate my work. Yeah, okay, we listen