Speaker 1: You are now Angelo what I call her ye waiting up?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 3: It is way up with Angela Yee on a Monday. I'm Angela Yee and Mano is here Yeah for something Monday mainovation. Yes, and we got some things we need you to weigh in on today.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I'm feel good to be back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, back at work. Have you we got a match in outfits? Yeah, I'm enjoying this.
Speaker 3: B r F my b ir F, my best rapper friend Mayo. All right, and I just landed from Vegas.
Speaker 6: It was good.
Speaker 3: I was actually out there for n a B, which is the National Association of Broadcasters.
Speaker 6: Wow, and our CEO of I heard Bob.
Speaker 3: Pittman actually interviewed me for his podcast live in front of an audience. Math and Magic nice. Yeah, so it was a really great conversation. We talked about AI artificial intelligence.
Speaker 5: Yes, a big conversation right now, which we.
Speaker 3: Will be discussing today of course. And I was disappointed that Love is Blind. The live reunion special did not happen as planned, but we're gonna talk about it was supposed to be a live their It was their first ever live reunion. The first live thing they did was Chris Rock stand up and that worked out.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, this did not, and then then it was trending. You know when things don't work out of trends. Indeed, all right, Jasmine Brand is on her way.
Speaker 3: There were some flight delays, weather issues. I'm fresh off the plane. But I did shower. I respect, I respect you. So I did shower and coming here, you.
Speaker 2: Know, did I maybe I did?
Speaker 3: Okay, guys cannot shower and y'all don't have an issue with it. I feel like there's times some people that here haven't showered just looking around them. Look all right, Well, we do have some special guests joining us today. Danielle Caesar is going to be joining us. You know, I'm an R and B head and so a Daniel Sees a fan. But he did have some drama and some issues, and I feel like we took a step back. But he has a brand new album that's out that I actually really enjoy. So Daniel Sees is gonna join.
Speaker 6: Us, and we are going to talk to you. We want to hear how your weekend was.
Speaker 3: We want you, guys to do something positive and shine a light on somebody who did something amazing for you. I have so many lights that I want to shine today. I don't even know where to start.
Speaker 5: You want to shine a lot of lights?
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 3: I want to shine multiple lights. But I'm gonna pick somebody today.
Speaker 5: Lightsaber.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm a lightsaber today.
Speaker 3: I'm just a beam of light, spreading positive energy, spreading love.
Speaker 6: It's the Brooklyn Way.
Speaker 3: Hey, all right, all right, so eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty isn't a mccaulus up and shine a light on him when we come back. I'm a shine of light. We're gonna have some fun today. We're gonna talk about some Monday man ovations.
Speaker 5: This yes again, Danny Sezer is.
Speaker 3: Joining us, and we're praying the Jasmine brand makes it out the airport right way up with Angela yee up.
Speaker 7: I'm sh turn your lights on, y'all, spreading love to those who are doing greatness.
Speaker 8: It's time to shine a light on.
Speaker 3: Yes, it is way up with Angela yee. I'm Angela Yee, and Amino is here. We got some Monday mannovations coming up today, but right now it's time to shine a light. And I've never done this before, but I got a shin of light on multiple people today because I'm just giving out a light Yes, I just feel like I didn't even know where to start, but okay, Riba. She is a manager at Primrose at the Park MGM in Vegas.
Speaker 6: I went there from brunch.
Speaker 3: When I got there, an amazing, amazing situation.
Speaker 6: All right, I had some watermelon mimosas.
Speaker 5: I was about to say momosa, Yes.
Speaker 3: Watermelon mimosas immediately as soon as I sat down, and like all the type of food that I love. She actually used to be at Salton Ivy and now she's at Primrose. Also, shout out to my girl Danielle. Now she has her own hair salon and so it's called radically Curly. So you see, I took my braids out. That's what I spent the first night doing in Vegas, taking out my brains. Yes, and I got my hair cut, got my bangs back. So my girl Danielle opened up this salon out there. So before she had like a suite, but now she has her whole own, huge, beautiful salon that just opened in February. She lit, yes, so she's lit. So congratulations to her for making time for me too. I came to the Salon got a chance to see it. She got her daughter working in there gearing me. And then also shout out to Regina who did my makeup when I was out there. You know, it take a team of people to make sure we straight goal. So yes for women is a lot.
Speaker 6: Everybody looked out for me.
Speaker 3: So I just want to thank everybody in shining light on all those amazing women out in Vegas. And now let's see who you want to shine on, Nada, who do you want to shine a light on?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I would like to shine the light on my brothers, James and my brother in law. He's one of my best friends for over twenty years. Like the real stuff around right now, Like I really want to shine a light on them either, real hard working necessary for their own family and for themselves. And it really a man, I just want to shine the.
Speaker 3: Light on nothing today, nothing like family. All right, we'll shine a light on him.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much. I thank you, Paiana. Who would you like to shine a light on?
Speaker 11: I want to find a light on myself?
Speaker 6: Come on, Piana, keep shining that light. Let's hear why.
Speaker 11: Okay, I'm a I'm not a single mother, but it feel like I'm a singer mother, I have three kids, my partner is like in and out of job, and I've just been holding the four down for like multiple months. So I just feel like I've been doing real great. I still got all my hair, my freaking weight is good, and I just do what I need to do to prob out for my kids. So I just feel like that speak for me because I could have gave up when I still have and I gave up.
Speaker 3: It feels like you got four since you gotta hold it down for everybody.
Speaker 11: Hey, hello, Yes, ma'am, it's basically for it because I still got to provide for you as well.
Speaker 12: I mean, we all together, we all a huddle.
Speaker 11: But he is currently working out, so which is a good thing. But I just want to find a light on myself because I've just been doing the hell of a job for me for twenty five raising three dollars.
Speaker 6: So yeah, say that again.
Speaker 3: Got all your hair, your weight is good, you holding it down?
Speaker 6: You know what? We got something for you?
Speaker 3: Well, we got you some born in Roma by Valentino, so you can look good and smell good too.
Speaker 11: Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: All right, hold on, Payana, we got you hold on, okay, that would Shining Light eight hundred two nine fifty one fifty. In case you didn't get through, you can still make it for last word. That was brought to you by Born in Roma, by Valentino, available at Macy's. And when we come back, we have Yet and let's talk about this Love is Blind Live Reunion special.
Speaker 6: Apparently it was a disaster.
Speaker 3: I was in the air, so I don't know exactly what happened, but I was following everything on Twitter, and you know, I watched the whole entire series.
Speaker 6: We'll talk about it. It's way up with Angela yu.
Speaker 1: They says in the rooms.
Speaker 7: From industry Shade to all of gossip out, Angela's speeling that EyeT.
Speaker 3: Yes, it is time for Yet. I'm Angela yee. And Maino is here, new Mano. Jasmine Brand is on the way. She's still not here weather weather conditions for her fly playing Jasmine all right now. Jamie Fox is steadily improving. Yes, he was hospitalized. We don't know all the details of what happened, but from the Fox family, they shared that Jamie Fox had a medical complication and there was quick action and great care. He's on his way to recovery and so fortunately he is going to be.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's good. Was it a stroke that we don't know?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we don't know, and I don't want to.
Speaker 3: I know people were saying it was a certain people were saying it was some type of.
Speaker 6: Bleeding in his brain. Exactly what it was or not yet.
Speaker 3: But I did see a lot of people posting him and sharing their stories and interactions with Jamie Fox.
Speaker 6: You know Jamie Fox.
Speaker 13: Yes, I did, and I hung out with Jamie Fox Fox maybe two or three times.
Speaker 6: Okay, good, Yeah, great person.
Speaker 3: I saw people talking about different stories about like leaving restaurants open and him being apologetic, and then he left a five thousand dollars tip for the staff that ended up having to stay even though the mail wasn't that much.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I got a lot of respect with.
Speaker 6: Jamie all right now.
Speaker 3: Also, Netflix's Love Is Blind the live reunion was yesterday. Now, you know, I was coming back from Vegas, and I was like so mad that I wasn't going to be able to see it. But there was a lot of issues. I guess it was like a two hour delay. I saw it was trending online and I saw that Vanessa Leche actually had to go and post this on her social media page.
Speaker 6: We are live.
Speaker 14: I can't show season forecast, but Nick and I'm and the audience is all here.
Speaker 6: We are sitting here.
Speaker 14: Apparently y'all everybody broke the internet to see this reunion.
Speaker 6: We let so we are ready to roll.
Speaker 14: We just got to figure this out. We're getting everything to work.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm gonna go on that show.
Speaker 6: I said you should, but I am going on who you are.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna disguise my voice.
Speaker 3: But can you imagine not knowing what somebody looks like and only dating them based off of their pernell.
Speaker 5: Rdy vibe and you fall in love.
Speaker 6: I don't know if that's your thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it can possibly work for.
Speaker 3: Me, all right, But what we do know is that there was one couple I think throughout this whole season, and when you do watch it, because I know you're gonna have to catch up to it, that I think was like the bright spot for everybody on here that we enjoyed watching them. They made a connection from the very beginning, Tiffany and Brett, and from my understanding, during this reunion, they still had an amazing time and then there was Jackie who was with Marshall, but then she left him behind and ended up moving in with the other guy that she was dating during the show, but she hadn't chosen.
Speaker 6: Him Josh, So there it is. She said, she's not a cheater.
Speaker 3: She broke up with Marshall before she met up with Joss at the coffee shop.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, I'm gonna make me a connection.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, make a connection. All right.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you all right, that's fine, they're already they're casting.
Speaker 6: I was trying to get Jasmine to go.
Speaker 5: I gotta I gotta have a blindfold on.
Speaker 3: No, you don't have a blindfold on. There's a pod, so there's a wall in between. So you talk to each other. I have conversations. You just can't see each other.
Speaker 6: To the wall.
Speaker 5: So we talk every day.
Speaker 3: You can set up dates, so you talk to who you want to talk to. So if you like somebody, you're like, let's have another date. And then you just date, but without seeing each other and have conversations.
Speaker 6: You'll probably cry me. Yeah, thank you, I'm a crier.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think you up, like you start talking about things and past relationships, insecurities, so I'll be crying.
Speaker 6: Yes, You'll definitely be crying, all right, all right.
Speaker 3: Eight forty said he was racially profiled and kicked out of an NBA game.
Speaker 6: He said he was humiliated.
Speaker 3: He wrote on Saturday night, I was subjected to disrespectful heckling over the course of the Warriors Kings games and Sacramento. During the fourth quarter, I finally turned around and addressed one heckler in an assertive but polite manner. Yet shortly after King's security approached me, assumed that I instigated the encounter and proceeded to kick me out of the arena.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, it was yet another.
Speaker 3: Reminder that despite my success in accolades as a musician and entrepreneur, racial bias remains prevalent.
Speaker 6: An eyewitness who did not want.
Speaker 3: To be identified, confirmed that the woman was in fact a Kings fan and was yelling at E forty to sit throughout the game, and that's when tensions escalated and heated words were exchanged. The Sacramento Kings have said that they are going to investigate the ejection of E.
Speaker 6: Forty from that game.
Speaker 3: He goes to the games all the time, right right, and so I would think that he would.
Speaker 13: Be known, right, that they would know him. But you know, here's the thing, so black man orgain with a white woman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, black man, they are autematically automatically right. And I get to go to the Warriors games and this was I don't know but right. But he's still a d Well hopefully that they worked this out because I believe it.
Speaker 6: E forty is like a real chill person.
Speaker 5: I got a lot of love for E forty. It's another cool duh.
Speaker 3: All right, well that is your yeete And when we come back, we have about last night. I know you had a lot going on over the weekend, man, know, so we're going to talk about it.
Speaker 6: It's way up what it ends in the ye last night DESI went down, Yes.
Speaker 3: It is way up at Angela. Yeah, I'm Angela yee and Maino is on Monday. Yes, And about last night. It's where we talked about the things that we did last night. Now, I was traveling, I was in Vegas. I actually had a great sit down podcast interview live podcast interview with by Pittman.
Speaker 6: He is our CEO here at iHeart.
Speaker 3: We talked about a lot of different things that was really amazing and you know, just my journey to get to where I am. I talked a lot about financial empowerment because you know, I love talking about like investing and money, all things that I never was good at growing up. But I've learned a lot, and I'm very much self taught, you know, yeah, because nobody else saught us, right And so mano, yep, you actually shot a.
Speaker 5: Video, yes, for my new song, Vibe with Me.
Speaker 6: Vibe with Me.
Speaker 13: Yes, that's the song where I kind of like sample buster he took his cadence and and I hope I did did it justice.
Speaker 6: Now you actually did this song a little while ago, did I did it.
Speaker 13: A while ago, way before the whole coiler ray thing. But I couldn't get it clear in time. Okay, So it took me like almost maybe six seven months to get it clid.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it took a while.
Speaker 6: It took that long.
Speaker 13: People don't know like what what what happens to get certain music clid. People don't understand how the process, but what we actually shot the video shot out, uh will see tann up Street and I wanted to do something different. I wanted to step away from my comfort zone and do something more fun, sort of like a buster and uh you know miss Elliot, Yeah, shiny suits.
Speaker 5: Definitely to be back to, like you know, Puff and Mace. You know, I wanted.
Speaker 13: I wanted to kind of like, you know, have that kind of vibe like the nineties and have fun when you know, trying on. I wasn't in the video with no uh you know, name brand kind of you know, no no Lan Vaughan.
Speaker 5: Or no d.
Speaker 15: Now.
Speaker 3: But I feel you that's good and I think the music it's gotta be fun.
Speaker 5: I mean in a little bit. I was trying to because.
Speaker 3: If you think about Missy Elliott, you think about you think about Puffy and Mace.
Speaker 5: Right, I was trying to have a little fun. I was trying to step away from my comfort zone instead.
Speaker 13: Of like doing you know videos with the car in the back with girls with champagne in front of the projects to do that because of the field for the record, right, because of the record, it put your hands away, my eyes can see, right, So I couldn't remake it, right, because you know they were spending million dollars.
Speaker 3: That was yeah, remember those days and videos is a million dollars.
Speaker 5: Ye Williams, Yes, it was crazy.
Speaker 13: It was budgets was bananas, so I can do a whole movie for right, So instead of instead of I was just trying to capture some.
Speaker 5: Of the energy, okay, right and try to, like, you.
Speaker 13: Know, maybe be inspired by by what we used to see and try to give it back that way.
Speaker 6: Do we have the song? Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, let's hear a little bit of that sounds you can feel the inspiration and visualize this.
Speaker 6: When is the video coming.
Speaker 5: Out this Friday? Hopefully never will?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Technology, because now we don't got to pay a million dollars for a video anymore, and it can look like a million dollars.
Speaker 5: Right, and then on Friday. It don't take two months to have it. Have it ready? All right?
Speaker 6: Well, let's hear part of it with me, just in case you haven't heard it yet.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and you wouldn't know the lands on what you're saying, yo, hustling grind, I'm trying to touch a million slip dog blocks of New York citdeo.
Speaker 5: Now how about drops my mirryover right?
Speaker 16: Man?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: All it is?
Speaker 6: Come on, I thought were settling down.
Speaker 5: I gotta go on the show first. I told you I'm going Love is Blind. I told you I will find me a connection.
Speaker 6: Does that work to these lines?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: But yeah, so make sure you take out a vibe with me. But I cannot wait to see the whole video. So are you hanging out in Brooklyn?
Speaker 16: Hey?
Speaker 5: When I pull up, I pull up? You know when I pull up, I pull up?
Speaker 3: Though, all right, can't wait till you pull up to the coffee shop. Coffee up people in Brooklyn and best Ie on Gates on back. All right, when we come back, we have your favorite segment, tell.
Speaker 6: Us a Secret.
Speaker 3: Man, I can't wait, and you get to call in in annym mis lead tell Us a Secret, no judgment. Bob Pittman, our CEO, actually asked me about this segment during our conversation for his podcast. He was like, you have this great segment called tell us a Secret, and we just discussed how I came up with it. But now you guys get to call in for a fan favorite tell Us a Secret. Eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty. It's way up with Angela Yee.
Speaker 8: Going way out turn out with Angela Ye, yes.
Speaker 6: It is way up with Angela Yee.
Speaker 3: I'm here with my BRF May Yes, best rapper friend Mano And this is your favorite segment. I always think about you because we tell you no judgment on, tell us a secret, and.
Speaker 5: You call me a judge. I'll come here for this.
Speaker 6: You always look judge.
Speaker 3: You think so yes, and I've seen some of the topics, and I feel like today you're definitely you to be judgmental.
Speaker 5: I just want real answers, Okay, I just want to understand.
Speaker 6: You can understand, or sometimes you don't have to understand. Things just happen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess man, I'm just man.
Speaker 13: It's just certain things that I just feel like this needed to be explained fully. It may seem judg menton, and maybe I am all right.
Speaker 3: Well, ninety two fifty one fifty is a number. Hello, anonymous caller, tell us a secret, Warney, I'm here with Mayne when you want to hear your secret.
Speaker 5: Good morning, no judgment man on, Good morning.
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, So.
Speaker 12: My dude, right, he was very abusive during a relationship, like very abusive. Right, So I end up calling the police and having him blocked up. Well, he went I didn't go to court, so they didn't miss the charges because I didn't go to court. Well, they kept the men and they send him back to prison because he violated his parole. So he has a he has a hearing coming up to the side that they're going to keep him in prison or let him be released from prison. He thinks that old board with him getting out of prison, when actually I'm not. I'm praying to God, you know, to the most time that he remains in prison because of what he did to me. Okay, he really did me dirty. Okay, physically abuse, I don't want physically he taught me until.
Speaker 9: I blacked out.
Speaker 12: Wow, And I feel like he's only sorry because he's in there, but I don't. You know, there's been conversations we had over the phone that he has not changed, but he literally has not changed at all. He said, now he has angry issues, and I feel like, you know, you haven't learned your lessons, so you need to stay.
Speaker 5: Where you are.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, he violated his own parole and all fairness, he got himself in trouble.
Speaker 6: He physically harmed you.
Speaker 3: And sometimes I think as women, we feel bad because you never want to see anybody go to jail.
Speaker 6: But he kind of put himself in that position exactly exactly.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 12: The crazy thing about it is I still love him. I still love him, but he just couldn't keep his hands to hisself. And if you can't keep your hands for yourself, you know, you say him, I'm afraid you're gonna accidentally or intentionally take my life one day?
Speaker 6: Right, yeah, because what if he ended up killing you?
Speaker 5: So you've still been talking to him throughout the time.
Speaker 12: Though, right, I've given him if we're on. For two years, I never told anybody like got something inside it. For two years, I never told anyone at all.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, I never told anyone. We thank you for calling and sharing with us, and I want you to be safe. Okay, you know, we don't judge anything. But it's not your fault that he's in the situation. The situation that he's in, it's not it's his own fault.
Speaker 6: Thank you. And you can't love somebody else more than you love yourself.
Speaker 12: That's exactly right. That's exactly what I say, And it's right. Now that he's been gone, I'm actually able to think rationally with out a clouded judgment.
Speaker 11: I'm actually able to think that.
Speaker 5: This is not good for me.
Speaker 9: I need to exit.
Speaker 3: Listen, I'm never going to tell anybody to stay with somebody who's abusive ever, so well.
Speaker 12: Thank you, guys, I finally got through you all.
Speaker 11: I listen to you every morning.
Speaker 17: Have a good day.
Speaker 6: Thanks to you. You be safe and listen. We are praying for you. We love you, and thank you for Sharon.
Speaker 3: We have a good Hello Anatamus Carlor, it's Angela and mayno tell us a secret.
Speaker 4: Hi, Angela. So with my husband for years, not really happy but dealing with it, and caught him cheating for the third time, and so I decided to let loose and let it out, and in a four or five months then I slept with like I were literally twenty different men, kind of get on the frustration out and let it out my system. And then after that I felt better. I mean, it's like a year later, we're back together.
Speaker 5: We're fine now.
Speaker 4: But I had I did my onneson twos for a little while, and I never told anybody.
Speaker 5: You knocked off a twenty pack.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, but she feels better.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So how many men? That's like how many men a week?
Speaker 9: Though?
Speaker 5: In four months you done?
Speaker 18: Hey, there were these parties.
Speaker 12: There were these parties.
Speaker 8: Couple of those and it's hard to say.
Speaker 3: All right, can you remember how sometimes when you're with him, man, he's down there, do you laugh a little to yourself?
Speaker 16: There?
Speaker 4: There are a lot of little jokes I have to myself now. But you know, I'm glad I did it because I was trying so hard for so long to be good even though I wasn't happy. And he decided when he didn't feel happy, he wanted to do what he wanted to do.
Speaker 5: So how did you get it? And I let it out? Maybe I was going to parties.
Speaker 6: I was having fun.
Speaker 18: There was one or two I got attached to.
Speaker 6: There was something that came and went, do you talk to any of them?
Speaker 8: Still?
Speaker 6: It was a wild time, Not really.
Speaker 19: I followed him on social media.
Speaker 4: We might hit each other, send him a mem or something, but no, no attachments or anything like that.
Speaker 6: Was anybody better than your husband?
Speaker 9: Absolutely?
Speaker 17: Absolutely?
Speaker 5: Twenty and four months though, may I'm not judging. I'm just trying to understand. That's twenty and four months.
Speaker 6: That's like one of the sounds like me does a man?
Speaker 5: No, I don't really want to judge you.
Speaker 6: Listen, she just told us something she's never told anybody.
Speaker 3: We appreciate it to it, and I'm glad you feel better and you did what you needed.
Speaker 6: To do for yourself. Your body took control for a little while.
Speaker 4: Again, I learned some new things about my body.
Speaker 6: My husband couldn't teach me.
Speaker 4: Okay, I needed some time.
Speaker 5: I needed some time twenty pack.
Speaker 6: She'd be laughing at him now sometimes.
Speaker 5: Like you did any footage with any of these guys?
Speaker 9: What was that?
Speaker 5: Any footage with any of these guys.
Speaker 9: There's a little footage.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, sis, I have a great day guy to.
Speaker 8: Man pack.
Speaker 6: You want to play around.
Speaker 5: He only cheated three times though, that we know of.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, that was tell us a secret, and you guys definitely delivered. When we come back, we got yet we'll be talking about AI, artificial intelligence. And these songs sound like the actual well artists. What kind of future is this for the music business. It's way up with Angela yee yo.
Speaker 7: She's about to blow the lead above this, but just get it. Angela's vieling that yeeze. Come and get to see.
Speaker 6: Yes, it is way up with Angela yea.
Speaker 3: I'm Angela yee and Maino is here, New Mano and it's time for yeet and we're talking about artificial intelligence AI voices and these songs that have been generated using artificial intelligence. Now, one that got a lot of attention over the weekend is Drake and the Weekend, and people are saying this sound this song sounds amazing. It's called Heart of My Sleeve. It's on TikTok, it's on Twitter. Everybody's talking about it, and it's created with the use of AI programming, so there was no human involved in the making of the song. People think this song is a banger though, and there's a young metro intro and everything and a beat.
Speaker 6: Listen to this.
Speaker 2: I'm talking to.
Speaker 16: Nves.
Speaker 2: She thinks that I mean.
Speaker 16: Carn Gruels on my chuck and Sina Baby Baby.
Speaker 13: What you think disrespectful? Yeah, it sounds good. But the fact that the fact that it's not them is crazy to me, right the fact I heard.
Speaker 5: Of jay Z one too.
Speaker 3: Yep, jay z has one Juice World. There's a Juice World one.
Speaker 6: Listen to this.
Speaker 8: I don't really know what on money these days.
Speaker 2: I've been feeling so many times, so way moving back in fine back too far these days, so you get't even see what we got A.
Speaker 6: Sick sounds good, sounds good.
Speaker 5: It sounds good, but wherez it's going though?
Speaker 6: And then here's a pop smoke P I M P. I mean I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know about that one, you know, people saying but so.
Speaker 3: And then remember that Capital was it Capitol Records that has signed yea. Capitol Records signed an AI artist, their first every signing of an AI artist, but then dropped it, you know, a few days later because there was a lot of backlash over it of this, uh, this artist using the N word and basically just kind of pilfering black culture.
Speaker 5: So if you if you can use people's voices and songs, what else can you use a voice for.
Speaker 6: A lot of different things like podcasts.
Speaker 3: Now, Joe Rogan issued a warning about artificial intelligence. There was a fake version of his podcast that was created one hundred percent through AI technology.
Speaker 6: Listen to this.
Speaker 5: You've been banned from Twitter, one of the biggest social media platforms in the world.
Speaker 8: How has that impacted your life?
Speaker 5: Let me tell you, Joe, it's been a tremendous change, unbelievable.
Speaker 3: That's not even real. By the way, that is a fake you know podcast, this is won't get crazy. Yeah, So he's issued a warning about this, and I don't know. I mean, and the way that this happens. There's these different apps that you can use, and so these are AI voices, they're synthetic voices.
Speaker 6: They mimic human speech.
Speaker 3: It's a process called deep learning, so it's AI and it converts that text into speech, and so people are doing that now.
Speaker 13: So so but you have to say the words though, right, A human has to say the words and then it goes into the app.
Speaker 3: I haven't tried it yet, but you type it, I believe you type it, yeah, and then it mimics it. So some people are saying that it could be good for like the voiceover industry, because it will help with that. You can customize tone, style language so it's more cost effective, and you can do different languages, different dialects and all of that.
Speaker 5: I don't know, no, but it's not good if you mimic it artists is. It's not the right and it's not the artist right.
Speaker 3: Well, we just want to make sure we're paying attention to what's going on because clearly this is going to affect a lot of people, and the music industry for sure. All right, speaking of the music business, Erica Banks is going to be on Love and Hip Hop Atlanta according to the Jasmine Brand, and she should be here shortly. Erica Banks is making an appearance and she'll be introduced as a close friend of Sierra Gates.
Speaker 5: I didn't know they were still doing Love and Hip Hop stop it, no, I'm serious.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're supposed to be on early on that show they want.
Speaker 5: To meet from the first season.
Speaker 3: Yeah early, yeah, all right, Well, get ready for Erica Banks on there. That show has been Love and Hip Hop Atlanta premiered in twenty twelve.
Speaker 5: By the way, it was a half an hour.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and that was just the It started in New York, but then one in Atlanta started like a oh oh, the one in so.
Speaker 5: When in the New York started like twenty like oh nine, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: Way before that, So get ready for this. All right, Well that is your yet when we come back.
Speaker 6: We have under the radar.
Speaker 3: These are stories that are not necessarily headline news stories. They're under the radar, but we definitely want you to know about them. It's way up at Angela Yee and remember eight hundred two nine fifty as a number you can always call and leave a message throughout the show. That could be for anything, that could be your ask ye questions, it could be tell us a secret.
Speaker 6: We always want to hear from you. It's way up with Angela ye.
Speaker 7: Yeah, news in the news that relates to you. These stories are flying under the radar.
Speaker 3: Yes, it is way up with Angela yee. I'm Angela Yee and a maino is way up. Yes, ready for some Monday main ovations. But right now we have under the radar stories. These stories are under the radar. They are not necessarily headline news stories, but you should know about them now. You don't know about this David's bridal. You have no idea what David's bridles it is.
Speaker 5: I've never been over there. I had no reason to be going to buy bridal.
Speaker 6: You've never been in You've never been about to walk down the aisle. Well, and it's not just for the bride, it's actually for the bridesmaids too. That's where a lot of people got their wedding dresses and their bridesmaids dresses.
Speaker 5: Groomsmen and all that.
Speaker 6: I don't know if they do groomsmen. I just know it's bridal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they act they are laying off more than nine thousand workers, and they filed for bankruptcy. They said the stores will remain open and operations will continue as normal while they're trying to sell off key assets. So they said it's uncertain economic conditions of the post COVID environment. That's why they decided to seek a buyer who can continue to operate our business going forward.
Speaker 6: It's actually based in Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: They also filed for bankruptcy in twenty eighteen, and so now they're saying that they have to file again.
Speaker 5: You know what that means, right, Less people getting married and more people getting.
Speaker 3: Divorced, or really just more people doing things online too. I think a lot of brick and mortar locations like Best Buy and you know a lot of places ended up having to close just because of all these options, and people probably getting dresses off of Amazon. Everybody's just doing everything. And I feel like people are also having very non traditional weddings.
Speaker 5: Too, right, Like if you get married, how you doing it?
Speaker 3: You know what I said, I would like to instead of renting a place, like buy a property, because you know me, I'm always trying to think about that. So if I'm going to do something, why not buy someplace on an island somewhere instead of paying a huge what do you dress do a down payment? I would do a dress a traditional Yeah, I'm a traditional Galkay what about you may know?
Speaker 5: Yeah, probably not non traditional. You know, Oh my gosh, you're gonna.
Speaker 6: Come in some type of animal print. Yeah, I could see that with a club me may know you.
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 3: And another story, And I know this is not necessarily under the radar, but we want to make sure that we talk about this. A black teenager and I know you came in this morning and it's so sad. Sixteen years old Ralph Paul Yarl he was going to pick up his siblings, went to the wrong house and then up getting shot. He was his high school junior. He was shot twice, struck in the head and the arm. And imagine, you can't even just accidentally, as a young kid go to the black house, make up a steak and somebody is going to shoot and kill you. And now Ralph y'all's family also said he went to three different homes before he received any help. So even after he got shot in the head, and this is in Kansas City, he still had to go to different homes trying to please get some help. He was ignored and then finally, fortunately he was told to lie on the ground with his hands up, and that's when somebody agreed to help him, told him lay on the ground. Then they helped him after he's been shot in the head.
Speaker 13: And it's important to you know, factor in the fact that this is not a standial ground situation.
Speaker 5: He didn't he didn't pose.
Speaker 3: A threat at all, trying to pick up his siblings. Yes, rowhouse, and you know what else is unfortunate. The shooter was released. He's a white man, of course. Ralph Paul y'all is a young black sixteen year old. He is still alive, but he's in a serious critical condition. So he suffered life threatening injuries. He's recovering in a local hospital. But they said he does have a long road ahead of him mentally and emotionally. All right, so we'll keep you updated on that. Those are your under the radar stories. When we come back, we have the way up mixed at the top of the hour.
Speaker 6: We got some.
Speaker 3: Monday main ovations and Daniel Caesar is going to be joining us.
Speaker 6: It's way up at Angela Ye on a Monday, just like the.
Speaker 18: Talk, like they Angela Jean like they Angela.
Speaker 8: Jee Man, she's spilling it all. This is yet way up.
Speaker 6: Yes, it is way U put Angela.
Speaker 3: Ye I'm here with my BRF mano, my best rapper friends yea, and we are doing yet now money bag yo. People were upset that in this brand new restaurant in Memphis, they said the steak costs one hundred and thirty five dollars and comes in no sides. They said, Tomahawks steak forty ounces. But that is kind of what it costs, right, it couts. I don't eat steaks, so I haven't had I'm gonna be honest. I haven't had red meat in thirty years.
Speaker 5: Yeah I haven't.
Speaker 2: I haven't.
Speaker 5: I only steak.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I haven't had read meat since the nineties. All so, but it doesn't come with side? Does steak usually comba sides?
Speaker 3: I think at most steakhouses you order this. Actually I eat at steakhouses all the time because I like the sides.
Speaker 5: Right, So, like when you go to roof Cryst or something like that, or Fleming's.
Speaker 6: Size, when you get that sweet potato castle road.
Speaker 5: Yes, but the sides.
Speaker 3: You gotta pay for the saze and then usually they have the cream spinash bund like, can I just get a saute?
Speaker 6: Sometimes they do it, sometimes they don't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: And then I was doing a deeper dive and I was looking at how much these steaks cost uncooked online. So I see two tomahawkware By steaks or two hundred dollars, so that's one hundred each. And then you know, and then I see one on Amazon for one hundred.
Speaker 6: And eighty dollars. Oh, so that's roughly about So that doesn't sound like a bad price.
Speaker 3: You guys, go out and support Okay, somebody said, money bag, when one hundred dollars for a steak, I'll pay that and he better come out and wrap.
Speaker 6: Come on, y'all, that's so disrespectful.
Speaker 3: All right now, chrick Daddy, by the way, replace his gold grills after thirty years.
Speaker 6: It looks a lot better. You see a lot of people taking care of your.
Speaker 5: Teeth now, right. So he had to get new teeth, right, Yes he did.
Speaker 3: They said he hadn't been to the dentist in quite some time, and he didn't visit the dentists for fifteen years.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: Now y'all know, I'm always an advocate for going to the dentist. Okay, making sure first of all that you fluss every single day because food gets stuck in between your teeth. If it causes your teeth to rot, that's what can cause you to get cavities. If you don't take care of a cavity, you have to get a root canal, and then if it gets too far along, you can end up having to get your tooth pulled, and then you have to get an endplant.
Speaker 6: It turns into a whole thing. Take care of your teeth.
Speaker 3: And one thing I will say is if your tooth hurts and you have a toothache, go to the dentist right away, because when it stopped turning, that.
Speaker 6: Means the nerve is dead.
Speaker 5: So he has venias.
Speaker 6: Now, yes, he's got his teeth done. So he said.
Speaker 3: He spends sixty thousand dollars on these porcelain veneers.
Speaker 13: They the good ones. M it's a lot of I don't like the big ones. Yeah, they stink.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you gotta get them shaved down. Sometimes they're too white too.
Speaker 5: You gotta like white. And that I felt like people that have them, like their breath stink, Oh.
Speaker 6: My god, like the teeth snak like everybody's birth stink.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: And you know, I did not realize Coachella was over the weekend. Yeah, when I was in Vegas and I got Mike, he does too in Vegas, and I was hitting him up. He's like, I'm at Coachella, and I was like, damn, it's Coachella over the weekend, and a lot of activity happened. First of all, Lotto was trending. Listen to what you had to say on stage, hold on hit meet.
Speaker 6: Me at the top. I think I got up.
Speaker 8: I'm don't call that grin.
Speaker 16: She kiss you, took him back my naked coat arm and let.
Speaker 8: Run.
Speaker 6: You don't give me dumb it up. I feel like Shoty low. It's okay, but she's not a shot.
Speaker 8: She got a problem that.
Speaker 6: She'll put it all.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 3: So people are speculating who she's talking about. I don't want to say, you know, but yes, I see a lot of people are going in on her after that performance.
Speaker 5: Really a good artist, Yeah, I think a lot those super dope. Yeah it is rap.
Speaker 3: They be harassing her. Boy, Why why I don't I'm gonna be honest, I don't even know. I have no idea how that even happened. But shout out to Lotto. I don't want to speculate on who she's talking about or whatever, all right. Also, Frank Ocean was that Coachella he was hinting about a new album. By the way, people were mad that he only performed for thirty minutes. Listen to Frank Ocean.
Speaker 19: I don't want to talk about a while a year because it's not because of a new album. Not that there's not a new album, but there's not right now, just not right now. What you know, in the last couple of years, all life changed so much. My brother and I we came to a stressful lot. I know he's been so excited to be here with all of us.
Speaker 8: I want to say thank you for the support and the ears and the love.
Speaker 3: And you know his brother passed away in a car accident in twenty twenty wow, so he wanted to make sure that he honored him, all right. There were a lot of special surprise guest performances at Coachella, Bad Bunny and Post Malone, Metro Booming the Weekend and more. Blink one two Blondie was joined on stage by now Rogers, so that was fun. Taler the Creator was there also, and he has his new album, did something that's never been done before. He's the first ever artist to have an album reached number one on the Top R and B and Hip Hop Albums chart in three different years, twenty twenty one, twenty twenty two, and twenty twenty three. It was also the best selling hip hop album on vinyl worldwide in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 6: So shout out to Tyler the Creator.
Speaker 3: Okay, Now, Mayna when we come back, it is a Monday, yes, So we want to make sure that we get.
Speaker 6: These main Monday manovas hand.
Speaker 3: And I thought about you when I saw something that happened with Russell Westbrook and a fan, and the first thing I said was what would Maino do in a situation like this? Okay, and we're going to talk about that for Monday's mainnovation on Way Up with Angela Yee.
Speaker 8: You ride a way Up with Angela Yee?
Speaker 3: Yes, it is Way Up with Angela Yee. I'm here Angela Yee and Maino is here and it is Mano made a mainnovation Monday, yes, And so we want to talk about this because I thought about to Mano, don't be offended Russell Westbrook.
Speaker 6: Okay, he was.
Speaker 3: Walking through the Sun's club area to go to the visiting locker room right after the game and one of the fans.
Speaker 6: Had a confrontation with him. Here's what happened.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: The fan is telling Russell Westbrook to take it like a man. He's telling him watching mouth right, all right, and it is disrespectful very you know. I'm sure that's something that like imagine that happens to you, right, But then you also know as an NBA player, you have a lot to lose. You can't just be in there argument with people. So I want to know what you thought is for some Monday mainnovation.
Speaker 13: So my thought on that is something that I would have to even use for myself, right, because if I was in a situation, that's something that I would have to battle with internally, because as a man, how much disrespect can you take?
Speaker 17: Right?
Speaker 13: Because I think people forget that we men first and before anything, before a rapper, before a ballplayer or anything.
Speaker 20: Right.
Speaker 13: But once you get into the position that you get into, you got to understand that you actually have more to lose, and that's when you got to remind yourself that you can't just throw it all away because of a fan that's that's saying something disrespectful or somebody that's doing something disrespectful.
Speaker 5: You can't just throw it all the way.
Speaker 3: And it's interesting because in sports fans do act really crazy. They heckle you, they're super fans. You might not be having to day and the opposing team, you know, what are you supposed to do?
Speaker 6: You kind of gotta just what you do.
Speaker 13: You have to find a balance. And then you got to understand that that's what they're there to do, right, that's what they are there to do. They did right to throw you off your game. But you know, but as a human, as as a man, I understand that because I battle with that myself, like what did you say to me?
Speaker 5: Hold on me?
Speaker 13: So we gotta we gotta, we gotta constantly remind ourselves that we are the prize, that we are. We there's a bigger plan. We are the prize. It's a bigger it's a bigger plan for us.
Speaker 3: And sometimes like for a fan like this, he's probably excited something like this when viral and because now I's looking for them all I got Russell Westbrook all rustled.
Speaker 13: He's looking for a reaction, and he's looking for something to either go viral, maybe even look.
Speaker 5: For a lossuit.
Speaker 6: And he was talking tough.
Speaker 5: Of course that's what they do because they know, I'm saying, looking for a lawsuit.
Speaker 6: And listen, the guy that did that, he was with his son. It looked like in the in the man area and you just want to wrinkle his shirt up club area.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, but you can't.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I just want to. I thought about you, Mano.
Speaker 3: Because I'm like I thought about me, because you know, sometimes people try to egg you on and make it do things, and people are filming, so they want those moments.
Speaker 5: To get out there.
Speaker 13: I've been in that situation many times, you and yes, and I've failed many times. And I gotta be honest, like I don't want to sound like a hypocrite. I've failed many times. But like I said, we got to remind ourselves that we are the prize, that there's something.
Speaker 3: Greater, right yeah, And people are doing that purposefully to have a moment. And sometimes the best thing you can do is not give them a moment, right, you know, that's all And some Monday Mannovation, don't give them a moment, Mano.
Speaker 6: Has filled, but he's a work in progress.
Speaker 3: That's what all men say as they continue to fail for greatness, as you greatness all right, So, and I do feel like fans have to be accountable. And they did say that they are aware of the incident. That's what the Sun said in a statement, and they're conducting a review because I think there should be some repercussions too.
Speaker 13: Need it should be a level of respect. You can't say certain things right well, you can lose your seat.
Speaker 3: Respect the players so that you're not trying to threaten them during halftime at a game as they're walking to their locker.
Speaker 5: Room, ow something on them or anything like come on, all.
Speaker 3: Right, well, thank you for that Monday mannovation. I feel like that's on Monday, Monday thing.
Speaker 5: Yes, all right.
Speaker 3: Now it's also tax day tomorrow, so we're going to talk about that. In some places, you know, you got to make sure that you check we have all that type of information. But I've been telling everybody make sure you get your taxes done. So Daniel Caesar is going to be joining us today and he has a new album that's out that's pretty amazing, so we'll talk to him. It's way up with Angela Yee and Jasmine, by the way, has been trying to get here today. Jasmine from the Jasmine brand, she flew in that it was really foggy in the airport and so she couldn't land. She got diverted to the airport in Connecticut. Yeah, she's her own brand, without her own jet. She's subject to the to whatever happens on the plane.
Speaker 6: So she did that.
Speaker 3: But now she's landed back in New York, so she should be here shortly. It's way up put Angela Yee, way up.
Speaker 8: Yeah, she's back at it. Bring Angela is on all.
Speaker 3: Right, it's way up put Angela Yee. I'm Angela Yee and my bear f Maino is here on a reinnovation Monday. And Jasmine from the Jasmine brand.
Speaker 8: You made it.
Speaker 5: I'm happy to see it was.
Speaker 8: It was.
Speaker 6: It was a journey, it was. It's a whole thing today.
Speaker 5: But here, guys thought you quit on us.
Speaker 3: Well, tomorrow is your final day for taxes, right, that's because the fifteenth fell on a Saturday, and then I didn't know today's a holiday.
Speaker 6: We should even be here. Well, what's today Emancipation Day?
Speaker 5: Oh okay, you got tomcipated.
Speaker 6: It's a holiday observed in DC on April seventeen.
Speaker 20: Definitely a DC thing for sure.
Speaker 5: But who got emancipated.
Speaker 6: I don't know, Jason. You tell us you're from DC.
Speaker 20: I'll tell you after this, after this, this tax discussion.
Speaker 6: Okay. So yeah, it's a national but it's really only in d C. That's interesting. Okay. It's a public legal holiday in two thousand and five.
Speaker 20: In Texas, Emancipation Day I celebrated on June nineteenth. It commemorates the announcement in Texas.
Speaker 16: Of the.
Speaker 20: This word abolition, abolition of slavery may on that day in eighteen sixty five. So it's not kind of like a Juneteenth thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, whale. That's why your taxes are due tomorrow in most places. Now, there's some places where there's extensions. And you know, we've been talking about this. We had both my tax attorney, Eric Lee from Intrinsic on here and we also had from Black Tax Professionals dot Com Shanda B. Love come up to talk about taxes. So for you guys to know if you are in these states, you have a little extra time. Arkansas, you have until July thirty first, because of the tornadoes and severe storms that were in Arkansas. Alabama you have until October sixteenth to file. Because of storms and natural disasters California October sixteenth. Georgia you have until October sixteenth. Mississippi you have until July thirty first for people who live in certain parts of Mississippi who were affected by recent storms. Okay, and if you live or have a business in parts of New York that were impacted by severe winter storm late last year, you have until May fifteenth.
Speaker 6: That does not include me.
Speaker 3: And in Tennessee and certain parts of Tennessee they did extend the deadline to July if you were impacted by recent storms. So regardless, get your taxes done. Know when your deadlines are. If you didn't hear your state called out, or you have more questions, make sure you look that up because you got to get them. Do You don't want to have to pay penalties, You don't want to have to pay interest if you are going to get an extension, and this is something that we talked about with both Shanda be Love and also with Eric Lee. Make sure that you pay your estimated taxes or ust you will have to still pay interest in penalties on what you owe?
Speaker 6: Okay, you did you do a taxes may?
Speaker 5: No, I was impacted by a recent storm.
Speaker 6: Well was that area designated by FEMA?
Speaker 5: And yeah, okay it was.
Speaker 6: Crazy Jasmine, same as me and Maine A living as our business that I did not ask. Listen, Angela, you know me very well.
Speaker 20: You know you know you should not have been asking me. Twist Angela, what about your tax situation?
Speaker 6: Did you file?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 6: You know, I already gave in all my PaperWorks. It files done.
Speaker 3: Yes, I actually filed for an extension and then I paid my estimated taxes.
Speaker 5: Nice, Okay, good for you.
Speaker 6: I do that every year. I ask yourself next time, I'm like paying interest and for no reason. Yeah, that way your phone's be cutting off every month. All right, judgment coming up.
Speaker 3: It's a way up with Angela yee. Get ready for this one. You know I love Daniel Caesar's music. We're going to talk to him about a lot of things that he's been through and what's been going on with him mentally, and then how he feels about his new album.
Speaker 6: It's way up. It's way up with Angela.
Speaker 1: Yee.
Speaker 3: I'm Angela yee and Jasmine from the Jasmine brand dot Com is here, Yes, and Daniel Caesar is here. This is your first time ever sitting with us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this building first time meeting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, thank you so much for coming and congratulations on a new album.
Speaker 6: Never Enough. So I had a question. You live in New York, yeah, and you're from Canada. Are you from Toronto?
Speaker 2: Outside?
Speaker 3: Just outside of Toronto? I read this You but your parents a farm, like a huge farm. So what's what's that like when you go there? And do you look forward to that? Because I think going from New York to like a farm is completely opposite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a big duality guy, you know, so like I love going over there. It's just it's very peaceful. And that's my parents, Like that's their whole mo o. It's like they're very just like palm chill, peaceful. Like they built their own guard helped them build a garden over COVID so they got like a big ass tomato and.
Speaker 5: Vegetable garden in the back.
Speaker 2: And yeah, it's real farm.
Speaker 5: It's not.
Speaker 2: It's like it's it's just so it's just a house with a lot of lamb.
Speaker 6: If you're like milking cows, No, no, no, no, we got a bunch of dogs.
Speaker 2: We got like six dogs.
Speaker 6: And then so this is your first time doing a release with the major Is that correct?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I felt like it had stopped was slowing down. There's a lot of drama had been happening in my life, and I felt like I'm in a cycle. I'm in a rut. I wasn't excited about things. I was just like, Oh, it's just more of this for the rest of my life. And then I was just the idea of a major label was in my mind and I was like, if I don't do it, it's because I'm scared and I hate that feeling, you know what I mean. So it's like I was just like, I gotta do it.
Speaker 3: What do you prefer performing you're more stripped down songs where it's more like acoustic with you and a guitar, or do you like because on this album you do have songs that are a little different for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Turn there's I've never really got this turn top. My favorite songs are the songs that I can literally not sing and the crowd will sing the whole Okay, do.
Speaker 20: You remember the first time that happened to you?
Speaker 2: The first time that conscious of it was like a festival, probably in twenty seventeen, and I was maybe like San Francisco or something like that.
Speaker 20: But what song do you think it was?
Speaker 5: Do you remember always best part?
Speaker 6: I can sing that song? Yeah, yeah, it's like a wedding song.
Speaker 20: It's just yeah, it's just that's gonna be around forever.
Speaker 6: Yeah, classic. What inspired you with that song? What was going on in your life? Sounds good?
Speaker 2: No, I think at that point I was broken up.
Speaker 6: Your body language is telling it all.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 5: I'm like, no, yeah I was.
Speaker 2: I was broken up at that point, but it was just that was just I'm my core. That's the person that I am. I'm just like a simply romantic like you know. And so Gaby was just the best. We sat down and it was like, I think you're amazing. I think you're amazing too. We should pick up a guitar. And then the first thing I played and it just flowed out. It was just so easy.
Speaker 20: So it wasn't it wasn't written before, it wasn't done before. You guys kind of did it at the moment.
Speaker 2: At the moment. The song took about maybe like four hours total and At the end, we spent another four hours talking about how we just made a classic song, so well, you know what, actually it is a funny story is the chorus I had written and I tried that chorus on maybe three other songs. My producer that was with me when I pulled it out in that session, she started laughing. He's like, bro, like, you're never gonna let this song. Just give up on the chorus. But then it worked, and it was Yeah, I knew it was gonna work.
Speaker 3: And how many people like who are some of the people that you feel surreal to have work with that? I know you wrote for Mary J. Blige before too, And I can't even imagine what that experience was like because she just seemed like she would be real, super cool.
Speaker 1: She was just in there.
Speaker 2: She has her candle, she likes she loves Twizzlers, but like, yeah, yeah, it was great.
Speaker 5: And then endorsement, Yeah, we gotta gotta hook her up with I love those.
Speaker 2: Brandy. Brandy was crazy. Randy loves and I don't shoot. She is like a World of Warcraft head. So it really made me love her so much. I was like, in a thousand years, I never would have guessed wore the warcraft. Tell you a few accounts. He's like, yo, I could sell this account for like ten grands.
Speaker 6: So random, by the way, so random.
Speaker 2: It was really cool though, I really really she's yeah, she's amazing, and she could say voice is beautiful, sing insane.
Speaker 3: Now, you also worked with your brother on this album, right? Didn't he also write and co produce Valentina?
Speaker 2: He did. There's a reference track out there that I'm gonna leak one day, but he like came up with it. It's it's his concept, and then I took.
Speaker 5: It and ran with it.
Speaker 6: So you've never been a side piece?
Speaker 2: No, I have, but I don't believe anyone. I'll never do it again.
Speaker 6: So yeah, why you say you'll never do it again?
Speaker 2: Even if you can be with the woman that's being unfaithful on her, man, you shouldn't because it jades your whole world. And there's nothing there's nothing scarier than being with a woman and then like her boyfriend calls or something and she lies to him and you realize like he will never find out, and you know he'll never find out, and you're like, oh, there's so much smarter than us, and then it just gets so it's like I'll never do it again. I've seen it and I was like, oh no, I don't like this.
Speaker 6: And then you feel crazy because you got to be quiet. Yeah, you got to be quiet, quiet as a mouse.
Speaker 20: Were you famous at the time, were you well known?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's so funny to me's crazy.
Speaker 2: And then it's like sometimes it's like a guy you might might look like you or something. It's like, bro, this could just be It could so easily be me. It might be me one day if I'm not careful, like I gotta like get my caramel.
Speaker 6: Right, all right.
Speaker 3: Danielle Caesar is hair talking about his new abb never enough, we have more when we come back.
Speaker 6: It's way up with Angela yee.
Speaker 8: Youb it, way up with Angela yee up.
Speaker 6: It's way up with Angela yee.
Speaker 3: I'm here in Jasmine from the Jasmine brand dot Com is here and we are talking to daniel Caesar now. Toronto twenty fourteen is also a song on the album. And that is a special time for you, special place. So what do you obviously like you dream of being successful. This is where you want to be when in twenty fourteen, I'm sure you could never have envision you know what's happening for you now, but it does come with this challenges, right, So can you talk about like just the difference in life between Toronto and twenty fourteen and Daniel Caesar here in New York in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: It was simpler back then, Like now you have to worry about how you're perceived by other people. And before it was like I would only worry about it when I felt like worrying about it. But it's like, I could you go back to pictures. I was just a dusty I was a dusty kid, you.
Speaker 5: Know what I mean, yourself dusty, the crusty, musty, all the usties, and it was fun.
Speaker 2: Like that's always been like that's you know what I mean, Like that's always kind of been my vibe because I'm like, I make music, I'm really good at that. I'm not a model. I'm not I'm not like I you know what I mean. So I can get up, get out of bed, and do what I want as long as I end up in the studio at the other day. But now it's kind of like everything you do you have to take into account. You have to live your life based on the thickest person like this, like the person that's last of the joke. You have to think about them at all times, you know what I mean. It's like in society, like you got to tell people not to just run into the middle of the road while there's traffic going on, Like that should be obvious, but you have to put up these signs. You have to tell people. On a coffee cup, you have to tell people wait until it's cool before you drink it, because some people won't and they'll burn and then they'll sue you. And so it's simply just I don't enjoy it because I also a bad habit of like complaining about these things sometimes when people close to me can. I'm windy about things that seem so inconsequential because me four years ago, when I was Dusty Musty, I would have given anything to have these issues right, And so I'm trying to be conscious of that and not complain because this is I love my life and I wouldn't trade it for anything, right.
Speaker 6: I saw you right on Twitter that you love your life. I love it, But then you also said, why is it only ugly people telling me I'm ugly?
Speaker 20: It's just crazy even before you told me we were interview him.
Speaker 6: I was like, that's so funny, so crazy, because it's true.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm really like, you know, I used to I used to feel so I used to feel like I was ugly, and then I was just like, no, no, no, no, no, I'm not. I'm actually I'm a handsome young man. But every time I see someone telling me that I'm ugly, I go with I'm like, let me do some reacing.
Speaker 6: Me see who this person is.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm never I'm never like damn you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think what the fact is that the people who are like happy in their lives.
Speaker 3: And I always say this, it's never somebody that can dress well telling you you can't dress because they don't think about that, Like if you're happy and who you are, and you want other people to feel that way too, so you don't go like bashing people unless you don't feel good about yourself.
Speaker 6: Exactly did you really ever.
Speaker 3: Think at a time that you were gonna be like canceled forever? Was that a fear of yours or did you feel like I'll be okay?
Speaker 2: No, I felt I felt like like canceled is what it's kind of like I never felt like I would go broke or something like that. Like I just felt like people wouldn't like me forever. And I still I feel like that all the time, Like the majority of people would not like me. Do I think that people are gonna I know that you listen to my music because it's good, but are they gonna like I also have to deal with them hating me and wanting the worst for me and expressing that to me because I don't I'm too I'm very sensitive, but like that is what it is, and that's kind of I created that scenario myself.
Speaker 5: That's all right.
Speaker 3: But I also feel like taking accountability and responsibility is an important thing for sure. Yeah, and even for you, like I'm glad you put out an album because I've always been to Daniel cesar fan and I've always said that, And so I just feel like sometimes we can like go into it, like I don't even want to put myself out there because I don't want to it's worse than what we think it is. Yeah, at times, I think it is a lot of people that like with tweet, but I see a lot of positive responses with the music.
Speaker 6: So how do you feel now that the album is out, I.
Speaker 2: Feel the same. Yeah. I think the naysayers, I don't think they were ever fans to begin with. I was just someone that they knew of, right, And yeah, I think that most there's always like everyone, it's a sounding majority, you know what I mean. I think most people want here and are pleased with it. And I know in my heart that I did my very best, and I believe in my heart this is my best work. And so the people that roll with me, like I wrote for them and I stayed down and I put my everything into this project and this is just for them.
Speaker 20: I was going to ask you about your fans. I know that you said during the pandemic you felt like some distance or you didn't really they didn't really understand you, or something along those lines. Do you feel like your relationship with your fans is better or is it the same?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But also I think it's really bout my relationship with myself because the fans are whatever it is, it's it's real, but it's also not really you know what I mean. They don't know me. And every time someone tells you that they love you but they've never met you, what is that really, that's just it.
Speaker 6: They love what they know about you, and they love your work. They love your art.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, And so it's it's my relationship with myself. When I'm cool with myself, then I'm fun to be around, and then I'm fun to it's fun to interact with my fans.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, listen, I do want to thank you for coming by, Daniel Caesar, because I've always wanted to have you on the show, even when I was on The Breakfast Club, and now I have my own show and your boy chocolate, yeah, which you know I have promised myself I'm going to cut back on the candy, but now how to start next week?
Speaker 9: Next?
Speaker 6: I do that all the time. Next week, are there anything here, any strooms or anything?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 6: Second?
Speaker 2: Next, if you're into it, next time it she is, well, Daniel sees it again.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much. I really do appreciate it.
Speaker 3: And I know you're on tour also right now, so yeah, make sure people know where to get their tickets.
Speaker 5: And it's sold out, but we're gonna be doing it.
Speaker 2: It's a good problem. But stand by because in the fall we have I can't announce more or not, but after the summer, we're gonna do something. We're gonna do a big.
Speaker 3: Tour whole world all right, wow, but we're looking forward to that. Thank you so much for coming through for the first time ever. Way up at Angela Yee.
Speaker 9: It was so fun.
Speaker 3: When we come back, we have asked ye eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty is the number.
Speaker 6: I'm here.
Speaker 3: Mayo is here to help its way up with Angela Yee girl.
Speaker 7: Everybody since, whether it's relationship or career advice, Angela's dropping facts.
Speaker 8: You should know.
Speaker 6: This is ask what's up? Its way up with Angela Yee.
Speaker 3: I'm Angela Yee and Maino is here and Jasmine from the Jasmine brand is here.
Speaker 6: Yes, and we are ready for ask ye eight hundred.
Speaker 15: Hello.
Speaker 6: Who's this?
Speaker 9: Hey Angela? My name is Nanny Manny.
Speaker 6: How you feeling today?
Speaker 9: Pretty good? How about yourself?
Speaker 3: I'm good, We're all here, Jasmine's here, Mano's here, and we're ready for your ask ye.
Speaker 9: So basically, I'm in a situation right now where I'm looking to buy a house right which is a blessing.
Speaker 16: You know.
Speaker 9: The thing is is that the rates and the prices are crazy right now. So I have two children, two small children, and my goal is obviously to give them a yard and a house in their own room and you know, everything that I'm gonna deserve. But I realistically can't afford a house in my immediate neighborhoods, right, And my parents are not Like I'm very close to my parents. My wife is very close to their parents, and in reality, they help us raise our kids like they they're there, they have a bond with them. Yes, it takes a village, right exactly. So it's like I'm in a position now where I can buy them a house, but it would probably be like with like about an hour from where we live now, which you know makes us kind of sad because it's either I go for a bank for my buck and quality of life in the yard and the house, or what I can realistically afford now is where I live now. It's like a condo. So it's like, I don't know, I don't know. I know, I got to grind harder. I'm wanting to grind harder, but you know, I'm expecting the third child, so I don't have a lot of time to kind of stay where I am. Like we're already I'll grew in with two kids, so with three, it's gonna just be man hour was not that bad.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 20: His family helps watch the kids.
Speaker 5: Understand.
Speaker 6: Yeah, say it's a bit of an inconvenience.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 6: Why do you feel like you have to buy a house right now?
Speaker 9: A bit of it is my man ego. I don't want to be in this apartment anymore. Like you know, I work this hard and I kind of want to see like the foods of my labor. Like I want to buy the house and I'm in a position where I can buy it now, and it's like we don't know what's gonna happen right like the rich could goal of higher.
Speaker 3: I also feel like, like you said you got to grind, you're gonna go really hard, and it may not, like you said, be the best time to buy a house.
Speaker 6: Why not wait?
Speaker 3: Because I feel like sometimes we put a lot of pressure on ourselves to buy a house now because we feel like that's what we're supposed to be doing.
Speaker 6: When in reality, if it's not completely right for you, you.
Speaker 3: Might be putting more stress on yourself when you can get yourself in a better position to get what you want. Why not go really hard and grind it out until you can get what you want. That's all I'm saying, Like, if you know what's gonna happen, and you have a goal that you know you need to reach, and in the meantime, keep looking Because I also feel like when you find the perfect situation, it may not, you know, be that quick for it to happen. It could take months, it could take a year, but you'll.
Speaker 6: Find it, and it may not be an hour away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it may not be an hour away. Like why not just get a better situation and not rush yourself into it? Because buying a home is a big deal. And one thing that I did learn when I bought my first home was a good investment matters a lot, right, And so it might not be your forever home. It's just a good investment. And for you, the first time that you get doesn't have to be your forever home. It could be just a good investment, or it could be something that you have to fix up and work through over time. But I wouldn't put so much pressure to just get something because you feel like you have to get it now. Why not get it when it's the right situation.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, I don't believe like things do line up, you know, like things will line up. I've been blessed so far.
Speaker 3: So I they just go really looking for something and take your time because it is a big purchase. It's going to be for a lot of people, the biggest purchase that you ever make. So don't put all the pressure on yourself to feel like you have to do something now when both options aren't what you want it to be.
Speaker 9: Yeah, definitely. I mean, look in my family tells me that, you know, like my mom is a spiral person. She's always like listening to the right house to come your way. You're getting too anxious, too desperate. Yeah, it's like sometimes I just need, you know, the outside sources to kind of analyze the situation and tell me because I get in my head a lot.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dog, and you can do it, like I think, you know, part of it is having a goal, saving for that goal, keep looking and then once you know, you'll find the right thing. But it doesn't feel like right now this is the right thing. It just feels like you feel obligated to make this happen. You have a lot of pressure on yourself. But I think everybody understands, and everybody wants the right thing. If you could find something that's even thirty minutes away, you know that's the size that you want, or it might cost more, but maybe now you have to save up more, you know, for that to happen. But keep on looking because all kinds of situations pop up in real estate, and there's a lot going on right now, so you know, just don't rush into something.
Speaker 6: It is a huge purchase.
Speaker 20: Be patient.
Speaker 9: Word word all right, appreciate man, All right, thank you.
Speaker 5: You give good advice. Thank you may not right, I love that you give great advice.
Speaker 6: Really you didn't like my advice? Well, you know, he doesn't like that. I'm not judgmental during tell as a secret, but you're right, Well they need.
Speaker 3: But they on the things I've been through myself, you know, so I learned that from other people, and I try to make sure that other people understand, like, you know, you go, you want to make a smart decision and not just that was cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah I felt them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, I'm going to do too.
Speaker 5: I just didn't feel like an hour was that crazy, like it's.
Speaker 6: Gonna have three kids.
Speaker 20: I don't mean just because people do it all the time doesn't mean it's convenient, and it's that's a lot of fun.
Speaker 13: Listen you It sometimes take a hour just to get from Jersey to Brooklyn in traffic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but three kids is a lot to deal with a newborn on the way and then having to dress them up, get them all packed up, you know, just to come back.
Speaker 5: And it's just not a lot to be in an apartment with them too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, appiate either way, maybe you could have it all. I mean, okay, well that was asking. Thank you guys for calling. Eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty. It's the number when we come back, we have last word. That's when you guys get to have the final say. On the way up with Angela Yee, pack up the.
Speaker 8: Phone, tapping to get your voice heard. What the word is the last word? On way up with Angela Yee.
Speaker 6: Fifty Way up with Angela Yee.
Speaker 17: I want to shine the light on you, Angela. This is Tiffany Smith all the way from Oakland, California. I just want to let the world know, the whole WGCI family and the whole city of Chicago know that when I saw and met you in Atlanta while we're out hanging with Donda and doing the Donda thing. And I've seen you and I took some beautiful photos of you. You're such an amazing person and I just want to give you the like today, give you your flowers while you're here.
Speaker 15: Baby.
Speaker 18: So hey Andela, this is for you because I was called to talk to you. But I want to share a secret that's really have you on. My My sister has a baby, their sister's husband and the out is work years and my sister feels strongly that you wants to come out and tell the baby my other sisters husband. I'm not sure what to do in this situation because I feel like I'm in the middle and I don't want to be in the middle knowing the secret. But I just wanted to put it out there so that everybody news now.
Speaker 15: The first secret is I got my boyfriend. He still my boyfriend store to this day, until it was literally about like a six month process to get him okay to doing it. And I promise you on everything that's same exact day, like four hours later, I had an opportunity to get filatial from two twin men.
Speaker 8: Angela Yee is way up