Speaker 1: It's time to Catch a Cheater.
Speaker 2: Only on the Double Show. Crystal is on the phone today for to Catch a Cheater. She's been dating her boyfriend Bryce for over a year now. They live together, but now she thinks something might be going on, so we'll see if we can help her out. Hey, Crystal, why do you think that Bryce might be cheating?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Well, first of all, thanks for having me. Yeah, so, my uh my boyfriend Bryce, he goes on a lot of business trips, right, and every time he comes back, he comes with new clothes like that aren't like clothes that seem like he just bought them, you know, like they seem worn in, but clothes that don't that we don't have it at our place, And he doesn't want to be intimate the first few days that he's back, which just seems like really sketchy to me. And ever since we started dating, I knew that he would be traveling a lot, and it wasn't really a big deal. Like, you know, we both take our work pretty seriously, and he travels like every other week, and sometimes it's a couple of days and sometimes it's for the whole week. He works in sales. I don't know if I if I mentioned that, but yeah, and like he used to just be so excited to see you when he got back, and like, you know, we would always be intimate, like he couldn't keep his hands off me, and he used to like check in more with me while he was on the road. And now it's like way less frequent and I can't get a hold of him. Like it's just there's so many seemingly red flags here.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's like the evolution of the relationship.
Speaker 4: You know, in the beginning, it's always like, oh, I can't wait see you, and then it just kind of is like, Okay, well, I trust you. We don't need to talk every five minutes. Like is it kind of that or do you feel like it's more than that.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's more than that. Something in my gut tells me it's more than just like you know, being out of the honeymoon phase.
Speaker 2: Like, so, you guys have been together for a year over a year. How long has this been going on?
Speaker 3: Well, it's it's hard to like track exactly. I mean, he's been traveling the whole time we've been together. But I feel like in the last maybe six months or so, it's gotten weirder.
Speaker 1: So back to the coming back with new clothes. Is he a thrifter? Huh No.
Speaker 3: I'll even ask him like, oh, I haven't seen that short before, like where did you get that? And I'll be like, oh, yeah, you know, like he just kind of brushes it.
Speaker 2: If he's anything like me, he doesn't pack things or loses things and then has to buy new stuff on the road.
Speaker 1: Is he like that? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yes, but like again, these don't seem like new clues.
Speaker 4: Okay, he's like Warren stuff. I think we're all in agreement that there's a little bit of a flag going on here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does seem true.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you know where he goes when he goes on his work trips?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I feel like most of I mean, he's in sales, so he's like, you know, doing a lot of like interfacing with different clients, potential clients and things like that, so he's like all over the place.
Speaker 2: He Ever, do you know anything about his past relationships? Is he ever cheated before or been honest about that?
Speaker 3: To my knowledge, he has not liked. That would be something that I would really be cautious of going into if I knew that someone had a history of cheating.
Speaker 4: Sure, everything else in your relationship is fine other than those first couple of days when he comes back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I feel like after those few couple days when things are weird, like, yeah, we settle back into a rhythm, but then he's traveling again.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, you told us what grocery store.
Speaker 2: He's a rewards card member, so we'll do the usual and call and pretend to be from the grocery store and tell him that every single month, we choose one rewards card member at random who gets free flowers delivered from our floor old department, and we'll see if he sends those to you or to somebody else.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, thank you. Play as I'll come back and then call him and see if we can catch him with to Catch a Cheater.
Speaker 2: Right after this, right in the middle of the Catch a Cheater, if you're just joining us, Crystal is on the phone and she thinks that her boyfriend of one year named Bryce might be cheating. So so in just a minute, we're about to call him and pretend to be from the grocery store where he's a rewards card member and say that every single month we choose one Rewards Card member who gets free flowers delivered to anybody that they want. Will seev sends them to her or to somebody else in just a second. But first, Crystal, why don't you refresh everybody's memory about your situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So Bryce and I live together. We've been together for over a year and living together for the past six or so months. And he travels a lot for work because he works in sales, and whenever he comes back from his trips, like he seems to have like new clothes on or like in his bag that I haven't seen before, and he doesn't want to be intimate with me for like the first few days that he's back, and it just feels really really bizarre.
Speaker 1: Okay, and it's definite change in behavior.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. Yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, are you ready for us to call him?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Thank you?
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hey, this is jord been calling from so I was looking for a rewards card member named Bryce.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's rue Bryce.
Speaker 2: Please don't hang up this it's not a marketing phone call. I'm calling to tell you congratulations here this month's big winner.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Well, I mean, what did I give certificate.
Speaker 3: Or what what's the deal.
Speaker 2: Maybe you aren't aware, but every single month, we choose one Rewards Card member to say thank you very much for being such a loyal customer and for shopping with us by giving them free flowers delivered straight from our floral department to anybody that they want in the entire United States of America. You just want thirty six long stem red roses, a box of candy, and a card to be delivered to anybody that you want.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 5: I assume that comes with a vase.
Speaker 1: Yes it does.
Speaker 2: Okay, if you know who you want to send them to right now, I can take the information in just a couple minutes over the phone.
Speaker 5: Actually, good, timer, I got a good I got a good solid five minutes.
Speaker 1: Great, all right, well let's hop to it.
Speaker 2: Then you just the name of the person you want to send them to, and then what you would want to put on a card, and then I will get the address last all right, yeah, first will be the first and last name of the person.
Speaker 5: Oh, I got you, Meredith.
Speaker 1: Anything you want to put in a card for Meredith?
Speaker 5: Uh? Let me think, uh uh maybe like to my wife.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'm sorry, I have to I have to cut you off. I have to cut you off. This is Crystal. I'm sorry you did you just say wife? I'm hearing you correctly. You said Meredith is your wife.
Speaker 1: This is actually the Jubile Show. It's a radio show.
Speaker 2: We do a thing where we try to catch people cheating by saying where they'll send flowers, and that is your girlfriend, Crystal.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go ahead and back out conversation.
Speaker 5: This is a story. I'm having a right now.
Speaker 3: Yes, how can you not understand that you have a what? And I'm your girlfriend? Are like? Is it? When did you get married? Was that not something you thought I should know? Crystal?
Speaker 5: I'm sorry this you're I'm like, this is a thousand miles an hour. I have no idea. What's happening in my head is spinning. I don't understand.
Speaker 3: Okay, don't play this phone call. And you're on the phone here, You're you're playing dumb. Okay, you know what our relationship is, and clearly you know that you have a wife, and I'm asking you to explain to me when you got married and why you thought it was okay to keep that from me.
Speaker 5: Oh God, Crystal, I I didn't want to have to talk about this. In this way, and I got married five years ago, but five years ago, but I was separated when I met you, and I had just and I did not know what was going on in life. And I did not know I was going to fall for you and the relationship that I have a real thing. I just did not know. And I'm constantly.
Speaker 1: Why are you sending flowers to your wife?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 5: Because I have been spending more time in Arizona with Meredith and I have been kind of living this this double This sucks, dude, I can't believe this.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, this sucks for you. Hello, I'm the victim here. Let's not let's not play the victim.
Speaker 5: I know I did not know what was happening, and then I need a distance from her. And then you and I started obviously working out, which gave me like distance from her, which made me realize that that relationship could work. And then in the last few months, I guess that I have been with her and connecting with her.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's where you've been going to Arizona to be with your wife that I didn't know existed, and that's why when you come back you have new clothes and you don't want to have sex at that right, just making sure I have that right? Yeah, okay, right, Well, if this is a situation, then I'm going to send you a bill for half of our rent to the last eight months, and you're gonna pay it, and honestly, I'm gonna block your number. I never want to hear from you again. So yeah, thank you for showing me who you really are.
Speaker 5: Jesus. I'm sorry, Crystal, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: No, no, I don't want to hear that. That's that's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: I hung up on him, Crystal, so he's gone now, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: So sorry, no, thank you.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess you got your questions answered and now you can move on and and remember in your future relationships, somebody being married and having a whole nother life is pretty rare.
Speaker 1: So that's true. You know.
Speaker 2: I mean, obviously, protect yourself, but try to do your best to make this situation this situation moving forward.
Speaker 1: It'll be hard, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and I know you don't want to hear this, and I know you already know, but the Internet is your best friend, is it? Sometimes I wonder why people are always doing background searches.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, hello, that makes more sense. Well, sorry, let us know if you need anything. Okay, I'm sorry. You have some peace, all right, Thank you guys. Good luck
Speaker 3: The Jewel Shows to Catch a Cheater