Speaker 1: Welcome back to Golden Hour, Susan. And guess who's with me?
Speaker 2: Jaffy. But here's what's special. Guess where we are? Yes, we're house phil She's in the next room recording. It's so weird. Usually I'm in Texas and she's in Philly. But this week we are both in Philadelphia. But today someone who isn't with us, who we wish were with us is I know.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine the three of us on the sofa right now?
Speaker 2: That would be It'd be crazy. Okay, our respect. You can hear her laugh. She is one of our most wonderful Bapsloor National alums and from my hometown Newton, Massachusetts. Juliana Pascaressa. Are you impressed, Juliana, I can say your last name.
Speaker 4: I'm super impressed.
Speaker 2: Outside I.
Speaker 1: Was exactly that I was just going to say, took the words out of my mouth. I'm impressed you said it perfectly. Okay, So before welcome Juliana. Before the reason I know your name, Juliana is we have to go over this. Your uncle Paul right is your uncle went to school Newton High School with my sister Debbie and all I grew up. I'm younger than my sister, Debbie was she passed away from But all I ever heard was Paul passed Rosa this and Paul passcrose to that. So next time you're talking to your uncle, I'd like to know my sister was a cheerleader at NUT and I I want to know what all the Paul this and Paul that was about. You see, if you can find out for me, please absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 4: I would say small world, but you know, my dad has eight siblings, so I feel like somebody, yeah, he's going to be So before.
Speaker 3: We start puising you to death, tell us how have you been? Where have you been?
Speaker 2: What have you been up to since all the things? Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, I mean I've it's been good. Life has been really great to me. A lot of newness, a lot of exciting stuff, some big changes, but I'm a New Yorker now. We go back to Boston a lot to visit my family. Mike knows, you know just how close and important my family is to me, So he's been awesome making the treks back a lot. We actually just got back to New York this morning.
Speaker 3: Can I interrupt? You said, Mike, Yeah you got back.
Speaker 2: Yes, but some of you were in two public relations of relationships since coming to a Bachelor World. We know how the first one ended, Yes, catch us up on the rest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you know, I mean I have to thank Bachelor Nation for this second on a little bit, because I wouldn't have met him if I wasn't in this kind of realm for a minute there. And I met Michael last summer at an event that I was invited to and he was actually he put on the whole event and we met and we stayed in touch, and you know, I was a little hesitant at first, just because of you know, everything I think I'd been through in the public you know world that I was kind of trying to figure out and navigate. And then you know, he he uh, he's stuck around. You know, he didn't let me go, which made me really happy, and you know, we've just been together ever since.
Speaker 2: Kind of It's Michael from New York. Michael's from New York.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why was he was he working the event or so?
Speaker 4: He's an executive producer, her director of experiential for you know, different brands, And so there was an event in the Hamptons that he, you know, put on start to finish and the management team that I was working with at the time had invited me to come stay in the house for the weekend, and so he was just there making sure everything was running smoothly, and that's where we met.
Speaker 2: I love it. Wow. So okay, so we'll we'll back up a little bit. But there's been So are you living now in New York and just going back and forth?
Speaker 4: Yes, so I moved full time to New York actually last month with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, come on, you got a spill.
Speaker 2: Hold on, Julie, I'm a hold up, your left hand is anything right?
Speaker 3: Are we married? Are we engaged?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 4: You know, I think that I'm like still learning to like what I'm comfortable sharing. But you know, there's a lot of really fun and exciting things coming up this year that I will, you know, keep everybody in the loop on.
Speaker 3: Okay, you look between the lines.
Speaker 2: You look so happy. That is for that is for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, I appreciate that too.
Speaker 4: I think you know, that's been something that my family and my friends have been saying to me a lot lately, just that I look so happy, and you know, I feel I feel so happy.
Speaker 2: So well, you did share. To be fair, We're not digging too deep, because you did share on a story that you were engagement ring shopping, which is why I thought maybe you'd like to hold up your left hand. But yeah, but I'm guessing. I'm guessing her hands are glued in her lap.
Speaker 3: Right now, leave her alone. The answer is mind your business for now.
Speaker 2: Just for now. Wow. Okay, So are.
Speaker 3: You working in New York?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so, I mean right now, I'm focused on me and my sister's clothing brand, Nice Girls Label.
Speaker 2: You know, I.
Speaker 4: Recently left my nine to five, so that's been kind of a big change for me too. But I feel, you know, really good about where things are going with that, and I'm still label. It's called Nice Girl's Label.
Speaker 3: Nice Girls Label. Let's get that out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah. My sister and I started it in honor of my grandmother. Her phrase was it's nice to be nice, and when she passed, we were like, how can we, you know, continue spreading that. And my sister and I like live and lounge wear, so we were like, let's do you know some basic crew necks and joggers. They're amazing quality, very comfortable and can you your yes, please send it. I'll send it to you.
Speaker 3: Guys, we got to drive this there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would love it. So are you online shop?
Speaker 4: Is it an online Yeah, it's it's Nice Girls label dot com. And yeah, we actually just did a new new launch a few days ago for the Saint Mary of Carmen's Italian Festa that happens down the lake in Newton.
Speaker 2: Down the lake, you got to explain to everybody what that means. Okay, well like Philly cheese, stay down, like, go ahead, what is it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's no Nantum Newton, And it is, you know, the Italian part of Newton. It's actually where I had my hometown. It's you know, where I spend a lot of my time. A lot of my favorite restaurants are there. My parcelon Love YOUU Tique is down there. It's just a it's an amazing community of people. It's in the festa is I want to say, it's like ninety ninety ninety two, ninety fifth Festa this year it's July fourteenth to the sixteenth, so wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Can I just tell you though, I was just at the Big Park there in Boston. We went to the Italian section for dinner. Yeah, I felt so at home.
Speaker 2: Were you in the North. I fell in love South End, North End? Where were you?
Speaker 3: North End?
Speaker 4: North End?
Speaker 2: I want to I want to see.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and next time you're there, if you haven't already, you have to go to Brico. It's our absolute favorite restaurant and their espresso martinis are top tier.
Speaker 1: Okay, because she's definitely Cathy has to come next time. My girlfriend said, didn't work out this time, but so.
Speaker 2: I was so Juliana. I The reason I wasn't in Boston with Susan and these other ladies, said, I know, is because I was in New Jersey judging the Miss New Jersey pageant for Miss America pageant, which happens in September, which was a lot of fun. But yeah, it was a plasma. I want to know though, just going back to your bachelor experience, because you're really good friends with Ali Joe, right, yeah, who else are you really good friends with? From your time?
Speaker 4: I talked to Ali Joe the most. You know, we kind of are on the same path with you know, our relationships moving in with each other. So it's really fun. And I was frequently going to Florida because I have some family down there and she's from you know, or she moved down to Fort Lauderdale, so we were always seeing each other. It was easy to hang out, but you know, mostly her. I mean, I stay in touch with a lot of the girls. I saw Alex at Coachella. I ran into Daisy and I'd say, you know, here and there. I talked to Parisa too, but Ali Joe is my number one girl that she's so sweet.
Speaker 3: Love her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So looking back, so looking back, just whatever you want to share.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean you you are a beautiful, beautiful woman who clearly is on a very upwards running projectory trajectory, which would thrilled.
Speaker 2: But can you just kind of now that you're stepped away from it, your bats or experience, what would your overall comment be about it?
Speaker 4: You know, I think, truly, I feel like I did the best that I could. That the world is so new and it's so tough to naviate a really unique situation. I think I led with compassion to the best that I could, and I tried to give absolutely everybody grace, including myself. And I think challenging is the word. But I feel stronger, I feel more confident in myself, and you know, I'm thankful for the opportunity.
Speaker 1: And that experience helped that, am I right? I mean Kathy and I felt the same way coming off the show.
Speaker 3: It was like, wow, I'm good people, Yeah, yeah, you know, I'm doing okay.
Speaker 1: Even if I didn't find love it or for your sake, it didn't work out, but what it told you about yourself and then to find the next person or the right person, you were ready, Like we have to be thankful for that Slory really.
Speaker 4: One percent, and you know, everything does happen for a reason, right, And I wouldn't be here today if I didn't have that experience. But I also think it kind of helped like on my pathway to even being able to consider and actually moving to New York because I'm so close and like so tied at the hip with my family, and I rely a lot and I always had on like their opinions, and like, you know, if there was a situation where I needed guidance, like you know, I leaned on them so much, and so in that like filming process, I had to truly rely on myself. And even afterwards, it's like they didn't know what I'd been through, right, And so I'm navigating emotions that they can't necessarily relate to. So, yeah, exactly to your point, I feel definitely confident in myself and I'm like, okay, I can do so.
Speaker 3: So you grew up right in front of.
Speaker 2: The right So Julieta, you would you say it doesn't seem like you're as much in the public eye now having been engaged to a lead. It sounds like you're more involved with your let your clothing line and your and Mike. How does it does it feel differently because your answer about your experience in Bachelor seems to be different than I mean, I was never a lad even you know it's not too late, but I've never been a lead. But I thinks and I've talked to a lot of leads and people who've been engaged, and they always seem to embrace it wholeheartedly and want to do the public deal, and you don't seem that way. Can you talk about that a little bit?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I think going back to the way beginning, like my sister signed me up for it, it wasn't necessarily something that I was seeking out, and I didn't know, you know, you never know what can come from it, right, So I went in you know, I'm like, I'll say yes to kind of anything that resonates to me. But there's definitely a line that I draw between what I want in my future and what you know, I have to sacrifice to get there, and you know, some people do it all. I just think I've always been a bit more of a private person and I do really want, you know, marriage and a kids and a family, and I'm still navigating how much I'm comfortable sharing. And I found somebody that's not really in the public eye, so it's not like it's a usual regular part of our routine. But you know, he's he's a team player when I want to make a silly video and kind of like share behind the scenes of our life. But you know, I think right now it is I'm focused on my my real life, and I'm super supportive of anybody that chooses and can you know, do both. I find it super challenging.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but yeah.
Speaker 4: You know I do what resonates I think with me, and I always have. So I'm not just because I, you know, was sharing a part of my life and a lot of my life with millions of people that watched and supported it doesn't mean that I have to carry that responsibility on after the fact is kind of how I thought of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you're being true to yourself. That's the most important thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kathy, it is, it is I I wanted. Yeah, it is a lesson that we all learned, some sooner than others. So I think you know Jihanna that I was on That's wor in Paradise last summer and Ali Joe left. I and I've talked a few times. I love her And for those of people who don't know, she and Sam missed each other by a day, and I know that she was very frustrated about what happened. Is she over that? Do you guys talk about that at all? What happened? Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean we we've talked about it since the second she got her phone, you know, back in her hands. I think it was something that to her was so devastating and it was so sad as a friend to have her, you know, here, she put her life on hold. She was so excited, you know, it's another opportunity, and it felt you know, short lived for her and almost like you know, a false sense of hope with how kind of everything went down. So you know, it's a roller coaster of emotions, and everything happened so fast in this world behind the scenes, and decisions have to be made, so you know, it's hard to not take it personally. I'm sure from her shoes, but she's so happy now and her and Sam, you know, found.
Speaker 2: There, Susan. I just got to say, you and I so here we are a year later, Alice with Sam, This beautiful woman is Juliana's with Mighty. It's like I would put up with being tossed off a show. I'd be I'd be fine with being tossed off a boat. Pick whatever you want, and we can have if I had the right guy.
Speaker 3: Right, everything happens for a reason.
Speaker 1: For people come into your life for a reason, sometimes a season, but it's all about a learning experience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, So what is the biggest lesson you learned? Two questions, Juliana, I want to know what, and again what of your comfortable sharing? What is the biggest lesson you learned in this whole bachelor experience? And then what is the biggest rumor that seems to perpetuate itself in this Bachelor nation land that is completely false?
Speaker 3: Like, just give us a little bit nip it in the butt.
Speaker 2: This is your chance to tell all you know.
Speaker 4: I think one of the biggest lessons that truly my dad has always shown me, but it was an opportunity for me is you know, grace and compassion and composure will take you farther than anything else in this world. There were times, especially towards the end of it airing, you know, towards the end getting closer to AFR, that I was so infuriated that I could have easily acted out of anger and tried to tear other people down based off of emotions. But you know, I can look back now and be happy that I didn't have to take anybody down because of you know, how I was feeling, and I had my helth. I held my head high the best that I could and just tried to really lead with love and make my family proud because that's how I was raised. And I think that I feel better about that. I think when you're mean to people, it might feel good in the moment, but afterward it doesn't sit well.
Speaker 2: Now, Okay, you don't have to answer this, but I'll be honest and I'm lost. Yeah, who are you going to tear up? And why? You know?
Speaker 3: I just we watched it, kath.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 4: I think truly it's you know it A lot of it came from my relationship with Grant, you know, the I don't want to say like lack of you know, honesty and authenticity, but I think that that's what I was feeling, and a lot of that. It did feel a lot of a like a one sided relationship, and that's such a tough thing to navigate, you know, alone. And and then I think, you know, some of it comes from some of the other girls and the things that they were saying or alluding to in podcasts and even at the the finale, you know, I mean, listen, I'm not in anybody else's shoes, and I do try to imagine what it's like to be in their shoes. But there are things that I just personally would have done differently because I know how it would have made me feel. And I don't think paring anybody down. I don't think it does anybody good.
Speaker 2: You're smart.
Speaker 3: What your father, if he's listening, you did a good job, really did. You're a lovely young woman, you really are, and you have a good hit on your shoulders. I like the way you think. For me, being kind is everything, even when it hurts totally, you're just be kind. You're the better person.
Speaker 2: Well, let me just say who's who? You know? We grow up in the same time, Juliana. But I come from the school of speak the truth and sometimes it does hurt. So I don't know, you know, can we find some middle ground here or am I just you know, like wrong, I don't know. Maybe wait, what do you mean? Say it?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: Say it how, Susan. I'm accused sometimes of Susan's and I get it. It's my delivery that. But sometimes I'll say what the truth is and Susan will say to me, well, yes, Kathy, it's true, but you don't need to say it, And I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, what just hurts somebody's feelings or something?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 2: But's true? You know?
Speaker 4: I will say one thing is I think that you know, my sister and I actually go back and forth on this a lot. Is because you know, we're the nice girl's label. That's what we're trying to promote. Kindness is key, you know, but there is. It doesn't mean that you can get pushed around. You know that you can be a strong person and say things how it is but sometimes it is in the delivery. But I think you're responsible for the intentions and the way that you say and act other people. You don't have, you know, control over how other people are going to perceive it or take it. I think a lot of it comes with the intention, and you know, you can be strong and you can say you're not gonna you know, You're not going to talk to me like that. I'm not going to take disrespect. But I'm also not gonna stoop low just to meet how you're making me feel.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't want to wait.
Speaker 2: How old are you, Juliana? Thirty? Great? I just got schooled by a thirty year old wonderful, Thanks Juliana.
Speaker 3: Because she wouldn't hear it from me. She heard it, but it means something.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, okay, so what's one of the biggest rumors? I just wanted the other part of that.
Speaker 3: What's one of the rumors?
Speaker 4: I don't really know. I mean, I'm not sure that there was there were there were rumors that I was like a mean girl, you know. I think that that is because feelings were hurt and they're things that I did say to your point, Kathy, like you know, I'm not going to just let somebody run their mouth over and over and over again.
Speaker 2: I will.
Speaker 4: I have a point where I'm just like listen, like let's just say it like it is, you know. And but I think, you know, that was really it. I think I got called maybe a mean girl. I think that there were rumors or things that people would say such as like, you know, I'm girlfriend material, I'm not wife material, or I'm infatuated and I'm kind of like, you know, trying to make you know, I would fall in love with anybody, and the reality is, you know, I outdate like anybody before for so long before.
Speaker 2: Going off in that way. I'm sorry somebody said you would run by me again, you would marry material.
Speaker 4: They were like saying that I was so you know, giggly and so happy and right off, like right from the beginning, like so you know, head over heels is what you know they were seeing on the screen that you know, I just wanted to win. You know, I would have done whatever it takes to like win, and I'm so easily. I'm somebody that easily follows in love. And you know, if you ask my friends and family, it's the complete opposite because I wouldn't give anybody the time of day, you know, for so many years before going on this show.
Speaker 3: It helped me.
Speaker 4: It helped open me back up to like the possibility of love. And it was so fun and everything was so you know, exciting and whatever, and I am a getting with you person.
Speaker 1: You feel a little chemistry, you're acting on it like that was a perfect moment to do with the hell with all those people?
Speaker 2: Also also Jilliana, I mean, come on, you all batsfor Nation ladies on the shows are You're all beautiful and talented and have gorgeous hair and you're what guy? Would you know? I'm be serious, like, you're all so beautiful, and I imagine with that comes a little bit why her not me? Totally? Totally?
Speaker 4: I'm sure you know, girls, I think just even now today with social media especially, everything is like a little bit of comparison, and you know, they see somebody living a life, why can't I live like that? Why don't I look like that? And you know it's tough as it is, but then you put you know, twenty beautiful girls up against each other in one room, It's like there's got to be some inner dialogue, like, oh, no, like she's got this and I don't, or she can talk do this and I can't. Like it's a tough environment.
Speaker 2: It is so Susan and I have done a couple of podcasts about dating app I have a question for you actually about dating n apps. Do you think that people your age obviously you're taken, but do you think it's easier or more difficult to find a really good relationship on a dating app?
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, I mean, I don't know. I think it helps if, like because nowadays it's like where are people meeting when they're you know, trying to date.
Speaker 2: That I can tell you, Jilana. In my age, they're in it's called a rest home.
Speaker 4: But that's I think because chivalry is you know, it's like a man would like come up to you, or you could even go up to a guy and be like, you know, how's it going. You'd spark up a conversation. Now it's like if you're out at a bar, you know you're drinking with your friends. The you know, intention is unclear because a lot of people want different things right now. I had a conniption when I went back on the dating apps after Bachelor, for like a short stint because I hadn't really been on them ever before. And one of the options on I think it was Hinge was like, what are you looking for? And it was like the options were like long term, short term, and yeah, I was like what what? Why would you I was? I was like, what a short term even mean?
Speaker 3: You know, I mean decided yet it means Juliana.
Speaker 2: It means dinner, drinks, dinner, and flay sex. That's what short term.
Speaker 4: It's crazy though, like you know, it's just I mean, at least they're being straightforward, but why are you swiping on an app to get that? You know, at least put in the work and go out and you know, try and go up to a girl at a bar or something. You know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I want to know more about meeting Mikey. Can you tell me the dynamics so you at this place. I'm sorry to go backwards, but I'm so curious.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was the first ever, like I don't know if you want to call it, like an influencer weekend right, And I was with all these different people I'd never met. I remember begging the management team like please let me bring a friend, because like I don't know, like I'm going to be so awkward in this, you know, and everything was so new, and he and I I was like glued to his hip basically the whole weekend because.
Speaker 3: Well, you met him as soon as walking in it as I walked.
Speaker 4: In, Yeah, because I was one of the first.
Speaker 3: You're like, help me, I feel weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and he was you know.
Speaker 4: I mean I think there was the initial attraction for sure. He's very handsome, and he's also just very kind, and he was paying attention to me. You know, he was making sure I had everything I needed, making sure I was comfortable, and you know, just throughout the weekend, it was like, rather than kind of hanging out with all the other people that were there, which you know, they were all amazing, awesome people. I just think I was a little bit more like I like to be behind the scenes a bit. And you know, so they were all inside partying at one point and him and I were like out in the back deck kind of just like catching up getting or catching up I guess, getting to know each other.
Speaker 3: And did anybody notice did anybody say anything to you?
Speaker 2: Well, it's actually obvious. Yeah, like a few people did.
Speaker 4: And he actually told people that weekend. Some of the people that he had met before that were there. He was like, Oh, I'm I'm going to marry this girl. This girl is my wife.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. I said the same thing when I met my husband at a fraternity party, and I did so. Eighteen months later I was married. So this is a good sign. I'm liking this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, can I share something please?
Speaker 1: My medium Slight Psychic told me she keeps telling me, not once, not twice, a few times that I was gonna meet some kind of a producer that had a thing in his ear or something, not just a TV show where somewhere I'm at. It sounds like, sounds like she got my story.
Speaker 2: It's so awesome. Yeah, she didn't just get your story, she got the guy, Susan, That's.
Speaker 5: What I mean.
Speaker 2: Well worried about.
Speaker 4: He's thirty six, thirty six perfect.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And my mom has always, always, forever said to me, she's like, when you meet your person, it's all gonna just happen so fast, like I know it. You know, he's not from Boston. I don't even know if he's from Massachusetts. She's always that to me. So, like when I.
Speaker 2: Got the call, for the Bachelor.
Speaker 4: I was like, this is perfect. I was like, my mom was right, like, this is this is my person, you know?
Speaker 2: And I went and like all ready to go.
Speaker 4: And then I came back and I was like no, but didn't work. And she's like, don't give up, hope, because like my mom is so intuitive and she knows me of course, like the back of her hand. But she's like, no, no, no, that wasn't your person, Like you'll know when it's your person. And I did, you know. I think I just knew right away when I met mine.
Speaker 3: How long has it been?
Speaker 2: A year?
Speaker 4: Pretty almost a year?
Speaker 2: Two? Yeah? What is the best thing? What obviously then is I'm sure devastatingly good looks? What is what is you know when you meet someone like there's chemistry and that's usually becumets the're good looking. What is the personality trait that just so draws you to him? The character trait?
Speaker 4: I got to tell you it. I'll say one thing and then I got to say another thing. That's a little weird. But I think the first thing is he's very he's very caring, you know, he is he's aware, and he's always like got my back. But He's very just like intentional with what he does and always wants to make sure I feel like loved and looked after. And so I think that's like number one. You know, I noticed that right away. But the other thing I want to say that's like a little weird, is you know, he reminds me a.
Speaker 2: Lot of my dad, and that's weird.
Speaker 4: It's not okay, okay, but he's just like my dad has always made me feel like, oh my god, I am never going to front somebody that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was like, I don't even know. He's just like anything good happened in my life, I'm calling my dad. Anything bad happened, I'm calling my dad. Like, you know, I moved out of my parents' house, but I was still going home every day at like six point thirty to walk my dog with my dad. Like I was, like, I he's my best friend and love. Yeah, and and Mike is just just like him. So my dad's still number one.
Speaker 2: But Mike is a parents met him. I'm assuming. Yeah, yeah, they all get along.
Speaker 3: It's a year cat.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Is it Italian? Yes? He is?
Speaker 3: He is Michael.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sorry. I know Jewish people named Michael. I know do not own Michael place. That's it must be hard though in some ways to move to a new community. Susan and I've been talking about this, you know, do we when we were both fully retired? Like do I move to North Carolina? Do I move back to the East Coast? Like how do you feel about making your home in New York? And is it a permanent move to be in New York?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was something I never thought I would do. You know, I just I am just so close with my family. The thought of going away has never even rossed my mind. So you know, this is a permanent move. Mike does have a really beautiful four year old son, so so we're kind of tied down in New York. But like I said, we've been making so many trips back to Boston and it's.
Speaker 3: Close, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, everyone, that's all for Part one with Juliana. Stay tuned for Part two coming out soon. Bye bye,