Speaker 1: Yeah, what's something y'all was going on?
Speaker 2: But he's a legendary Queen's rapper.
Speaker 3: Is your boy in I E.
Speaker 4: He's a Miami hip hop pioneer. What up is dj E f N?
Speaker 5: Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players in music and sports? You know what I mean, the most professional unprofessional podcast.
Speaker 1: This is drinks every day is New Year's Eve. Yo, hay hank Segreea. This is your boy in r E.
Speaker 4: What up this d J E f N?
Speaker 2: And right now we are blessed with the legendary.
Speaker 4: Ye blessed, So we gotta we gotta make some noise.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, because the intro was crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this guy right here, like listen, listen, they have the they have the Godfathers, and this man is directly like my father in lyrics, like in in style, and I directly tried to be like this man right here, and I send out the APB try to make it happen. Let's big up a Hakeem Green off top Channel Channel Live Squark Madism. We love you, Haqeen. But we got the blast Master, we got the teacher, we got the father directly Temple of Hip Hop, all that. The Master, the dude who made it cool to learn in music and still be entertained.
Speaker 4: You could be smart and you could still Doug Get the fuck out, yo.
Speaker 2: The other day, I'm gonna be honest, I'm watching Ride Along Too. And at the end of Ride Along Too, my kids they are eight and they are six, and they sung, they said, whoa, whoa, this the son out of the Police.
Speaker 1: And at that moment, I knew I was a great father.
Speaker 2: I knew at that very moment, I was a great father when my kids knew the sign of the police. We have the one and only legendary you can't say hip hop without KRS one in the building. Drake tails Man, Oh my god, Yo, you know what the crazy shi it is. I'm gonna start the interview offs like this. When I was locked up in a juvenile detention center, I had a.
Speaker 1: CEO who was taking care of me right.
Speaker 2: He was, you know, holding me down, and he could have snuck me weed, he could have snucked me liquor, he could have snucked me books.
Speaker 1: But I wanted that criminal minded. This is real ship. This is you know how much of a big KRS fan.
Speaker 4: That's the track I wanted to do.
Speaker 3: Is y'all to together that.
Speaker 2: I'm the biggest kress One fan. Man, Let's just make some noise for him being in the building.
Speaker 4: Come on, come on, cheers, cheers.
Speaker 1: Yo, yo, we got the fucked up most naked So.
Speaker 2: Blast master karas One. How does it feel to be in Miami? How long you been coming out here?
Speaker 6: Man, don't even know we get into the history of that, right, yo. Man, I've been coming to Miami since what like eighty seven? We were coming up here, man, struggling, trying to be heard, and there was only a few places that actually like embraced us. Philly was always right there. Philly, Philadelphia, just the whole Philly. Is that like we went from New York to Philly.
Speaker 1: That was let me start.
Speaker 2: So you think that New York artists is that like the first market? Is that that is for me too? Like Philly was the first? Then Connecticut, Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 6: And see and look how you said that Philly was the next, and then Connecticut. Connecticut is right on top, like right there next to the Bronx. Philly would get it first. Philly would hit you first if you did New York in Philly, Connecticut Yonkers all up Boston was trying to see you. Maybe some of the South like that. So going down the I, I and five, man was like, I mean, big up the VA, North Kaka, Lax, South Carolina. It was sort of like a rights of passage. You had to get out of New York, go down each city, each state on the I nine to five, and your final victory was Miami if you made it down.
Speaker 3: Yeah you talking about Oh man, see this what MC's was real? Straight up.
Speaker 6: You had to do clubs. Let me take you to the nineties. Let's come around ninety two. That's what I'm somewhere around nineties.
Speaker 3: Right around there, college was just starting. He had a thing called the Temple before that, even before that. Yeah, mother Superior.
Speaker 4: Wait wait, actually I got you know who war is.
Speaker 5: No, he's this guy who interviews people and he brings out props that would remind you of stuff.
Speaker 1: I okay, this.
Speaker 4: Is what I got. Show.
Speaker 1: Let's make some noise tennis ball.
Speaker 3: That's my autograph too.
Speaker 1: It's authentic, authentic, So you put that on e BIT.
Speaker 5: It was a show supposed to be at the spot Cast underground compound and it got shut down by the cops.
Speaker 4: And we moved it to Zulu headquarters. That's right. There was no the AC wasn't on.
Speaker 3: We took the people were faking in the audio. It was one of that.
Speaker 4: And he started throwing these balls. That was crazy.
Speaker 6: That was ninety three four.
Speaker 4: I was in high schools, like ninety two, ninety three at.
Speaker 3: The least, at the least, right, well, let's start it right there. That's what was.
Speaker 1: He been coming to Miami since then.
Speaker 6: Since then, breaking it down, crushing Miami.
Speaker 2: And it wasn't a hip hop scene out here back then.
Speaker 6: Well back then, Luke was the man out here. Two Live Crew was straight just straw in the South like was there was nothing else really happening, to be honest with you. But there was always that boom back element in I mean just I just have to say Florida because you know from Miami all the way up to what Tallahassee, even even Gainesville, Jacksonville or that boom bap that that's all hard core op then.
Speaker 5: But Luke, but there was that divide it for us in the city between the fay scene and the n scene.
Speaker 6: That's right, there wasn't divide. I mean, it had its own audience. You know what I'm saying. It had its own It.
Speaker 5: Was seen a lot as a New York thing, right, but we were trying to build that identity for ourselves.
Speaker 6: But I think it was way smaller. But I think the New York thing was way smaller. Two Live Crew Luke Luke that whole sound.
Speaker 2: So you're saying from the beginning, when Tu Live Coup came, the South immediately accepted them as opposed to new in New York. You had to be hot in New York first. No, actually you go to Philly. Wait a minute, the second part is true. Yes, you had to be hot in New York first to go to Philly. With the exception of like Tap Money three Times, Dove, Steady b even Jazzy Cheff, Fresh Prince Uh, they blew up in Philly and convinced New York what it was.
Speaker 6: But you have back then the base scene. I'm trying to think of dudes that were not so popular, but Miami had a base scene that let me come on, that's right, and there were these dudes with.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 6: So Lutha Campbell and Two Live Crew was on top of that. They came up out of that scene. They didn't really invent it, but they was just sort of the the popular ones that that that was doing it, and Luke was just I went to one of these concerts one night, Yo.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't believe what was going on.
Speaker 6: And then on top of that, what makes it really really hip hop on on on that level is that two Live Crew was was the ones that were dragged into court on obscenity charges and had they lost that case, rock would be sounding a whole lot.
Speaker 1: Let's make no noise for that happen. Pick yet out.
Speaker 2: Even when you roll in the blunt man, stop and clap your hands, all right.
Speaker 1: You got the blast master in the building, all right, So.
Speaker 2: You got that, you got that, that that thing, and I want to set up alright, play that, play that real quick.
Speaker 1: I want to play something for you.
Speaker 2: One of the one of the greatest calls I ever got in my life, and it set up as it's cool hurt, what's uping brother? That's right, My brother was going on. Man, I just missed your call. Man, Man, I got you on speaker for him right now.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Let them let them dudes know baby, Let them dudes know you the godfather that hip hop cool Hurt, not.
Speaker 6: Number one.
Speaker 1: That's right, baby, you the original o G. Yeah, that's right. Baby. You know I love you absolutely, you know I love you to death. Cool work man, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 2: All right, baby, hold on, I'm gonna take this off of the system and you can speak private.
Speaker 1: But yo, man, just let the people know one more time. This is my Dyslexia album. Man, tell them niggas.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Well, I got an album called Dyslexia, man.
Speaker 1: Thank you man.
Speaker 2: This this, this is the godfather, Cool Hurt of the game speaking to y'all, fucking assholes. Cool Hurt right here, the father, not the godfather.
Speaker 4: Secondary you got father, the father?
Speaker 2: All right, my brother, hold on, I gonna hit you right back, I Hurt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, hold on, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 2: So one day I got a call from Cool Hurt, okay, right, which.
Speaker 1: Is for me. I'm a real hip hop guy. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I respect everything that came before me. And when Cool Hurt called me, I had call him something.
Speaker 1: I said, you're the godfather of hip hop.
Speaker 2: And I said it once and he let us lie, and then I said it again and he let us lie.
Speaker 1: But then the third time I said it, I.
Speaker 2: Said, Cork, let these motherfuckers know you the godfather of hip hop.
Speaker 1: He said, normal, hold on, let me stop you. I am the father. Do you agree with that statement? Yes, I totally agree with the statement.
Speaker 6: There's huge debate on it, okay, because everyone wants to take credit for hip hop now for its origins, we called, technically to be scholarly correct, Coolhark is called the recognized father of hip hop, the recognized father of hip hop. We call him the father of hip hop, all right. And the reason we call him the father of hip hop is because Bam called him the father of hip hop. Grandmaster Kaz called him the father of hip hop, Peewee Dance, and Grandmaster Flash from this group called him the father of hip hop. Now, this is a family situation. All these guys, we all know each other and they.
Speaker 1: But you're their younger homies.
Speaker 6: Oh yes, no doubt, no doubt. Her calls me the son of hip hop.
Speaker 2: Listen, because okay, let me break it down for me, right for me, all right, for me. When I heard her say that he was the father, I automatically saluted that never and then I thought of Bambata as the godfather, and then I think of you Rock Kim, Big Daddy Kane as the father's right and then then after that comes Wu Tang like where are your little cousins, Wu Tang, Mob Deep the Fat, Joe's the component, Noriega's the mop. We're actually your sons direct like I don't know Pauls. I know New Generation, but you're actually our father, like.
Speaker 1: You rock him Big Daddy Kane.
Speaker 2: And so I have to ask this question with that being said, with the name being like.
Speaker 1: How how is hip hop supposed to respond to the bambada? Like how are we supposed to do that?
Speaker 3: What you want to take it from?
Speaker 2: I just don't know. That's why it said generic question, what should we do? Because you being our father? Sure, whatever you say, I have to move accordance to it.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, with the first of all, controversy is not truth. What you want is truth right now? You want truth? But truth is also not information. It's not gossip. It's not even conversation.
Speaker 3: For me.
Speaker 6: If you keep it hip hop, nothing could be taken away from Africa.
Speaker 3: At all. Just keep it hip hop.
Speaker 6: But if you want to dig in the dude's personal life and accusations that's being made and so on. Personally, Me, personally, I don't give a flock personally. Look if somebody was harmed or whatever was done or whatever, y'all deal with that ship?
Speaker 3: What what deal with it?
Speaker 6: That don't stop hip hop, that don't stop, take away none of the history's history. But deal with your deal with that? That's personal. I don't you know, I don't even know what to set past the no. But even if you knew the facts, you know what I'm saying. A person like me, I deal with with dudes that are questionable all the time, not just if if the accusation is rape. I I know dudes that are doing you know what I'm saying. If you if you know anybody from prison, if you don't anything to shelter, if you know anybody, if you live really in the hoods, you know shooters, you know dudes running from the you know your man might have an open warrant on them right now, like right now, Like you know what I'm saying. You know I'm not nudging these motherfuckers.
Speaker 3: Man, it's my nigga right here, Yo. That's it. Now.
Speaker 6: What you do and your crime and your ship and your bullshit. Whatever you do it, that's on you. That's you, my ge, that's whatever you're doing. That's how I always dealt with I can't pick and choose. Say, Yo, this dude right here, I mean I was producing Justice album.
Speaker 2: Right, Who's crazy? I heard he came to Queen's Bridge by hisself?
Speaker 1: Is this story true?
Speaker 3: Yes it is.
Speaker 2: Let's make some just like every change the subject too.
Speaker 1: I was the subject. Let's go yeah.
Speaker 3: But I mean here was on America's Most wanted Is.
Speaker 1: This is real?
Speaker 3: This is real hip hop? Shot man.
Speaker 6: Hip hop is in the world like everybody else, like every other culture.
Speaker 3: We in the world.
Speaker 4: Politicians with dirty.
Speaker 2: Politicians with bottom line is we we We are humans, humans, We are all humans. But now with that being said, right, what is your favorite EMC battle, Because I mean you don't have to, you can include yourself if you want to. But what is your favorite MC battle?
Speaker 6: To be honest with you, I mean there's a lot. This this is que that I.
Speaker 1: Really whichever comes to the top of your head.
Speaker 6: The first one that comes to my head is Freeway in Cassidy.
Speaker 2: For me, Let's make some noise knowing what's going on? Do you know what's going on in the streets.
Speaker 6: No, No, that that's I mean, it's an old battle. But if you talk about showmanship, you know, instant rhymes on deck right there?
Speaker 4: That was hot.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I got to ask you about the Drake and meek Mill?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 1: How did you like?
Speaker 3: Did you like?
Speaker 1: It? Was it? It isn't your?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 1: Even at twenty battles?
Speaker 6: I think I think it gave both of them credibility in what way? I well, because for me as an MC, like like when people say top five, Okay, everybody got their top five.
Speaker 3: Everybody, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: But if you ain't battle, if you ain't did tours, if you ain't putting no hits out, if you ain't put somebody else on or came from a legacy that was wild, you ain't even nowhere near the top five. So, dudes, is like, I'm looking for young cats today to really rise up to the criteria. First, First, where's your battle? You say, you dope, bring it right now? Because this nigga's like me out here, like straight up, I stay stay hungry. So you claim you hungry, you claim oh yo, I'm the mayor humming this and now today with social media, you could claim anything and everybody. So with Draking males, to me, it gave them the credibility that they needed for even me to get them as real mcs. I like both of these lyrics. By the way, Drake I think is underrated in terms of because maybe he's doing the pop thing or whatever, but his lyrics is still dope from an MC perspective.
Speaker 2: Now let me I don't I don't want to cut you off, but there's been allegations that he had help on his lyrics.
Speaker 1: Writers, you, how do you feel?
Speaker 2: I'm very curious of this look, but because you do come from a day where people were writing Bizmarck lyrics right and biz Mark was upfront about it ice Cube said, he said, ice Cube write the rhymes that I say, and to me, he was one of the most killer there. So how did you feel when you found out that Drake might have had some help.
Speaker 6: Was that doesn't disturb me at all. It diminishes him in front of those that write their own lyrics. Okay, now those of us just spit the raw from our own heart. You really got to step up and come up to the played on that level. But we're talking about m seeing as a whole art, talk about rap as a whole art. No, if you got a dope writer that can make you sound like something, God ahead and get with dude. The issue is writing. This is the issue writing dope rhymes. I don't give a funk where it comes from.
Speaker 3: Writer whoever.
Speaker 6: Some of the dopest dudes and I'm not gonna call no names rhymes.
Speaker 4: You say, Yo, it's like there's secrets in hip hop.
Speaker 6: Okay, the dopest dudes and dude right for them, that's not a problem. Now me, I never had the privilege of anyone writing for me. Okay, I you know.
Speaker 1: You're too smart.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you. Let me tell you. If rock Kim came to me with a rhyme, I just say.
Speaker 1: That ship this is crazy.
Speaker 3: I say that this is crazy.
Speaker 2: Ike you listen, Drake sent me to check.
Speaker 1: I have just said you just saved you.
Speaker 2: You are that cool and every community y krs has set it on a drink chest podcast.
Speaker 6: And he's okay, No, I'm okay, look, not real spinners, that right, they rhymes.
Speaker 4: It'll never be okay with real spinners, it right?
Speaker 6: They shit Okay, but that's our lane, that's our category. That's a level of excellence that you have to get to. Okay, now, but my issue is, look, here's the opposite. Some dude write your rhymes and they whack and you say them ships anyway. I heard dudes say why rhymes that they ain't even write. That's corny. Okay, But if you got a real shooter with you, dude is right and raw shit. Well make sure he paid the brother. Make sure he gets some credit at some point in your career. Say that ship, say that dope shit. Hip hop needs dope lyrics. We don't need dope MC's understand, we need dope lyrics. We need to write. I don't care where it comes from. Your moms could write you some ship. That ship is don't lyrics.
Speaker 4: You're saying it's just a vessel.
Speaker 6: It's just the MC's or the vessel. Look, if you really get down to it, I don't write my own lyrics. God writes my lyrics, goddamn it.
Speaker 3: So if you.
Speaker 6: Think about it, none of us are writing our own lyrics. We all any MC that writes his lyrics. You know you're sitting there with the panda patter, whatever your phone, whatever it is, and you hum your ship out.
Speaker 3: You hear that ship from someplace else. You're like.
Speaker 1: Criminal mands, so I know what he's talking about.
Speaker 3: And DJ don't even start with that.
Speaker 6: You as producers, you hear the beats before you hit the thing. You know what you're gonna do before you do it. You hum it out, you bang it out, but you hear something. So no one is original, no art is original. We are all being influenced by everything and everyone. The corny motherfucker is the one who doesn't say, yo, my g wrote this. Give it three years, four years. You know you made some success after he got on speaking man, acknowledgement, acknowledge your dude, man, Yo, this is what it is. Hit him with his cash, yo. He know you know he helped you get where You gotta go. Hit him with his cash. Make sure he's good and his family is good. That's respecting hip hop. That's big respect Now in.
Speaker 2: This day, like a lot of the ogs, they'll sit back and they'll be like, you know, I don't like this, or do you listen to what's going on now?
Speaker 3: Or no. They had their chance, they're over finished. They had the chances. That ship is over. That ship so fu all that old school, all that shit's done.
Speaker 1: Ok you do listen to the new school?
Speaker 3: Or yeah, I listen to everything.
Speaker 4: Wow, Okay, I listen to everything.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 6: I was just with my man La Sunshine. He put a book out. We was just kicking it up in the Bronx. That's my g right there, coum o D that's my G. Busy b No doubt. These are my dogs, no doubt. But let me let me let me see Joey badass right now, let me see you know. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, like like I don't want to call names, but I'm just.
Speaker 1: Saying you can.
Speaker 3: Let me just say.
Speaker 6: Please please, you know, but no, I listen to everything, man, I just yeah, I just absorb it at all.
Speaker 2: I really appreciate you having that attitude because now I am They call me a og. Now thirty eight years old. You know hip hop was born in what yeah.
Speaker 3: Hip hop, Well, seventy three is a scholarly seventy three.
Speaker 1: I was born in seventy seven. So now they calling me a og.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: And I want to sit back and I want to give back to this life. So we we we're doing this podcast. I want to give people like you a platform to say whatever the fuck you want to see anytime you yeah.
Speaker 7: We don't get another drink.
Speaker 1: First off, this has been one of my.
Speaker 2: Uh accomplishments in life. You know, people got bucket lists. You know, You've always been a person that.
Speaker 1: I've learned from.
Speaker 2: Like, whether you know it direct or indirect. They ain't even asked me to pass the blank. Some foul people, but it's okay, I understand from kindle, so I'm not.
Speaker 1: Looking so you directly, you directly. Somebody said to.
Speaker 2: Me the other day, it's that jay Z and Jada Kiss raised me with their bars and they fucked me up because I was like, damn well.
Speaker 1: Then I always told.
Speaker 2: People, if you take care of as one and then you take a little bit of Biz mocky and a little bit of granddaddy I you, that's when you get in our e.
Speaker 1: But you notice I never took none of your styles.
Speaker 2: But I was like, all right, that's that's three totally different people.
Speaker 1: But that's who made.
Speaker 2: Me because you taught me that black is beautiful and be yourself. Biz taught me. Biz taught me life. Ain't that serious, homie? How so fucking fun? And then granddaddy you told me how to be exact opposite of him because he was so smooth, Like I feel like Granddaddy You was like.
Speaker 1: The cainge that never I'm gonna take it.
Speaker 2: It's my first interview ever smoking you know, big of haw King Green, My brother, my brother. Another legend is in the building, spark madism. Let's just get into that, man, how did spark madism come about?
Speaker 3: Damn Well?
Speaker 6: First of all, Hawk was a was a school teacher.
Speaker 1: No, I never knew that let's make some noise the school. What the teacher? Okay, what's the teacher?
Speaker 6: So he was one of the many teachers and professors I was rolling with about ninety three. Hot rolled up and said, yo, so he kept coming to my lectures. I was doing lectures around, so he kept coming to the lectures. So I said, you know, you look like you were MC. It looked like you know, you get there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: He was just started that's right, little twists, and I said, Yo, you look like a MC. He was like, wow, how did you so make a long story short?
Speaker 3: I heard him.
Speaker 6: I loved it, but I said, the solo MC thing not going to work. We need two people. This is like Das's effects was hitting nice and smooth. Signed yes well technically to my wife Jem mad g Simone was running Front Page Records. Technically Korest was with the label Channel Live Mad Lion for a minute, even Fat Joe, But we was closing the label at the closing the company management company at the time when Joe just started to blow.
Speaker 3: We was just coming down.
Speaker 6: On on on that level, same thing with excuse me, praz and and no not before they would have oh yeah, actually the refuge geez it was just prose.
Speaker 1: And we had a chance to sign yes.
Speaker 6: We we we We did some of their first shows. You know, no, no, no, that was not no. We wasn't in no position whatsoever to deal with them. They they you could white Cluff used to pull out a guitar that he still does in the middle of a.
Speaker 3: He still doesn't.
Speaker 4: He just walking out like you know.
Speaker 6: We was like, you know what, you got ahead and uh but but it was dope. So anyway, we got in the studio and you know, I grew up in a herb culture, you know what I'm saying. I grew up in Flatbush, Brooklyn Church Avenue right there and Erasmus High School, wing Gate High School, shout out.
Speaker 4: The Prospect Park, the whole nine.
Speaker 6: So I grew up there in the seventies when you were born seventies seventy seven, I was in the parks.
Speaker 2: Memory, we went in Brooklyn and bro you're trying to get Brooklyn some process?
Speaker 8: Is that?
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Hockey?
Speaker 3: So there we was in Flatbush.
Speaker 6: So I grew up in in in herb culture and not from the point of view like oh, we.
Speaker 3: Just gonna smoke mud.
Speaker 6: I was with with Rosters and the Ethiopian Orthodox Church. You had the Bible open, dudes was smoking towards the east chilice burned down room. Every time the childice burned, you had to say, yo. We was like in that culture for real. So it was like I grew up with like no problem, Like yo, burn the bud Why is no big deal? What moved up to the bronx when I became homeless, like around nineteen eighty one or two. So that story is true, you was, oh, yeah, no doubt about four years. That's how I met Scott Larad. Wow he was a social worker in the shelter. But we'll get back to that, okay.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 3: So I grew up in the culture.
Speaker 6: So for me, Peter Tash since nineteen seventy one was yelling for the legalization of marijuana. Since seventy one, everybody know that. You know, the judges are smoking, the cops smoke. The doctor's been saying, this is the safest plant. In fact, this is the healing of the nation. This right here, all timers, cancers, you name it.
Speaker 3: Herb is the healing for that.
Speaker 6: But now you got this tax issue, and you got this dude that don't want to give up their power. They get more money and more power selling it illegally. You really don't want the government selling weed. You really don't want that because the ideas that it's.
Speaker 3: Gonna get whack.
Speaker 6: It's like whatever the government put they they can't even teach English correctly, Like you know what I'm saying, Like anything that the government puts his hand in, it starts to get sterough, it starts to get wag. You don't have no competition water it down. So dude is like, nah, we want to grow that shit right there in Mexico, right there, in Afghanistan right there up and now Colorado, Seattle. They just went rogue with it and just said, you know what, We're just going to do it. And I think it was done for the kids in the area because they're not locking their kids up, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: They're not going to do that.
Speaker 6: They rather change the laws than see their kids in the family go through that. That's why I think it really got legalized. You could cite medical list or medical that, but really it's an issue of going to prison. Families have been ruined by just smoking a joint or having herb on you. This is a plant that grows in the world. Like, how is the government like even allowed to tell you how you should think? Like that's to be like like if I smoke butt and I'm like, yeah, I feel great on this, Why are you telling me I don't like the use of the word nigga for instance, same shit, this is my nigga right there. I know what I'm saying, nigga, I got three PhDs, nigga, I write books, nigga. What I know what the fuck I'm saying. But Nah, black people ain't supposed to think. We're not supposed to have governance over our own mouth, over our own thinking. So if I tell you, listen when I say my nigga. I'm talking. I really mean my brother. Listen to how I say it, my nigga, that's my brother right there.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 6: I just told you what it is. The problem is there's no law in the United States made by black people that white people are bound to respect. Imagine we follow all their laws. What law they follow of ours? There's no Latino brother the kings. I said, look, this is what helps Latino people right here, y'all. We want blacks, whites, everybody. You're gonna follow our laws. We follow the Constitution, we follow state ordinances.
Speaker 3: All that's white law.
Speaker 6: But here's now the Native American law while we not. Nah, this country's not built on following anybody else's law except their own. And when it comes to marijuana, it becomes an issue of freedom of thought, like this is how I think. Do you have the right to tell me what state of mind I should be into? Like, no, this is the state of mind that I feel I should be in. And as a matter of fact, the US Constitution, it's federal law to be happy in the United States. The pursuit of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
Speaker 1: So if you get happiness, that's illegal.
Speaker 6: If you're sad and depressed in the US, you broke federal law. Wow, you broke federal law. The government should be doing the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence.
Speaker 3: The spirit of it.
Speaker 6: It's all about liberty, justice, freedom, happiness for all. The pursuit of happiness is law.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna change it up real quick.
Speaker 2: Come on, a crazy hip hop story is you went to the Palladium and you three PM down off the stage.
Speaker 1: I gotta get this story that makes a noise story. You yo, that's really like you. You've been my hero.
Speaker 2: But like it's like that's when I made my choice from Malcolm and Martin. It was like Martin, like I still think Mario was killing people at night, like when he went.
Speaker 1: Like I think I still think mar was a shoot up, Like I'm.
Speaker 2: Still in my heart, in my heart. But but Malcolm, Malcolm was like, straight up, I'm gonna shoot you back.
Speaker 1: So when Chris.
Speaker 2: Chris, I'm very I feel like I'm honored to So I felt like the minute you threw PM down on stages, like, yes, he could teach me and he'll still we.
Speaker 4: That's exactly what I wanted.
Speaker 3: That's exactly.
Speaker 2: So what did he do for you to throw him off the stage? I never really got that part of the story.
Speaker 3: Well, if you want the scholarly approach.
Speaker 6: Approach, okay, yeah, yeah, So dude start mouthing off in Details magazine. Okay, now this is now, this is the mood that we're in. Around this time, I think I forgot what year.
Speaker 3: This was eighty eight? No, no, no, oh no, it was ninety two. Ninety two. Okay, it's ninety two, and it was.
Speaker 6: It the Pladium was No, it wasn't the play It was a small club in Manhattan. I don't remember that. It was one of them clubs that had like car wash.
Speaker 3: Was it wasn't.
Speaker 6: That wasn't the name of the of the place. That's just the name of the night, the night right it was. It sounds fast, so sound factory.
Speaker 3: Okay, wait a minute, Now here's the mood of it. Ninety two.
Speaker 6: Okay, around this time, this is when, like you said, knowledge was just hitting hip hop. Hip hop was some ignorant as. Okay, of course you did have run DMC, you had Houdini, you had those who are actually rocking on on a supposedly more intelligent level, especially Run DMC with it's like that and and all type of records.
Speaker 2: It's going to salute you in the mid interview. Just do that, Okay, you know what I'm saying. First off, you know the viewers to know caras One is drinking of my time and drinking.
Speaker 1: With a drink.
Speaker 2: If you have traveled, you probably don't know what the fuck of my tie is. Okay, So this is you got. This is a Hawaii drink. I would like to you continue to drink. That's how you know.
Speaker 3: Wow, I'm making money for long he was in Tahiti or something. I mean I'm with this ship.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, thank you for thank you for coming again.
Speaker 3: Thanks opening your door. Okay. So anyway, so anyway, so so the mood and nothing.
Speaker 6: I'm good. I'm gonna get you later though. Look this this mood this time is when I had just put out you must learn to stop the violence movement?
Speaker 3: Why is that?
Speaker 1: And then what is what's the door?
Speaker 3: And joint?
Speaker 1: What's the joint?
Speaker 3: He got out?
Speaker 1: I don't know why why did.
Speaker 3: But it wasn't just me.
Speaker 1: Well he did say he tested more people. Yes, okay.
Speaker 6: In his Details magazine he had said something pertaining to the fact he said n w A is nothing. Chuck d is making mountains out of mole hills, and chaos. One is chaos. One wants to be a teacher, but a teacher of what. And for me it didn't matter for me, but Chuck at the time was receiving death threats because of the controversy with Griff. Griffith had the Jewish comments, griff had made a statement, so Public Enemy was under real heat in America. Okay, and this dude just sold like a million records, so I had a really good year, you know, selling records. So he's just mouthing off like it's our time now these these.
Speaker 3: Dudes.
Speaker 4: Story about you know, these dudes is over.
Speaker 6: N w A, Ain't you nothing, Chuck de Public Enemy ain't saying nothing.
Speaker 3: Ka arrest this. So I let it go for a minute.
Speaker 1: So this, this was like over months.
Speaker 6: This no, no, no, no, this is over a peer and it wasn't just him. So I had also a little running with X Clan around the same time. Okay, me and ex Clan were going back and forth with with I mean brother Jay.
Speaker 3: Was you know, calling me Captain human.
Speaker 1: And this that and the other.
Speaker 6: Well it wasn't that wasn't directed to us, but it was them yeah and if and if you're battling me, then maybe it was wow. So there was ex clam bam chilled it all out back then was right, okay, So he cooled.
Speaker 3: It all out.
Speaker 6: We had a press conference and just kissed the maid up. That was into that cool. But there were others dudes in the hood. They for some reason, they felt people felt that if you come out advocating.
Speaker 3: Peace, knowledge, wisdom.
Speaker 6: I was coming with you somehow we're supposed to be soft or somehow, well you're gonna run up or I don't.
Speaker 4: Know what it was.
Speaker 6: And I was naive because all my dudes was straight gangsters. Like I'm talking about. I'm trying to take dudes off the street. Convince them, yo, we can go on tour. Man, you ain't got to do this. You ain't got to do that. Dudes is like, Yo, if you can show me another way out of here, we could do this. So I'm trying to take these dudes and we're trying to leave the hood. Okay, we're trying to be positive. We got to stop the violence.
Speaker 3: Movement is let's get to Okaysha baba.
Speaker 6: He just got finished with ex clan with that Lynch Mob had made a statement ice Cube self destruction, don't pay the fucking rent.
Speaker 1: This is after something.
Speaker 3: Something, this is after all, this is what it is.
Speaker 8: Him.
Speaker 3: You ain't gonna.
Speaker 1: We're gonna stop the violence.
Speaker 6: And so for some reason they thought it was soft in my corner and.
Speaker 1: So PM doing is not from New York correct, No, what is?
Speaker 3: I don't know what that was.
Speaker 1: And so I want to know the altercation.
Speaker 6: What did you say something to him or just no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: No no, this is what happened.
Speaker 6: So he made his allegation, and he made some other allegation on the radio or something like that about he was ready to battle or something or some kind of lyrical something.
Speaker 3: So I was like, great, let's just take it right there and leave it there.
Speaker 6: You calling my name out? What I got to do with you. I'm doing my own thing over here. But he was riding a wave that was saying that groups like NWA, Public Enemy, Boogie Down Productions, they bullshit and we this shit, right hood dudes, this bullshit, this is the news shit. And so there was a big party for Team Money back in the day's tea Money was a your MTV raps host with Ed Love and Doctor Trey. Big party in New York. Everybody in the industry was there, which is why we had two chances. He was gonna play in somewhere. He was gonna play with his own show. He was gonna either go there or we could go right here to Manhattan where it was popping. And we said, you know what, let's do Manhattan because the industry is there. This is Tea Money's birthday party. We said, you know what, let's set it straight real quick.
Speaker 3: Right there.
Speaker 6: A couple of other dudes was in the crowd. They was called yourko rest ain't shill? What the fun that? They went in the crowd too. So when I got there, we were so amped, like we was just so And when I say we and again, I don't want to call no names and put nobody on the line, but you know, just the color of the story and give you some background on it. So it was me. There was justice. Queen Latifa. Latifa had her crew, naughty by nature, Naughty had they.
Speaker 1: Crew because he did naughty and and and them too and.
Speaker 3: Them two well, no, no, no, they were just there with me.
Speaker 6: This is the early days of flavoring n this is the early days, early Okay, they all kiddy like, yo, when do we go?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: So you set it up? You know. Let me just tell you something.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you know that is a trend now when a person has a beef with somebody, they booked them for a show, and then when the person that come out, they'll do one or two songs and then.
Speaker 1: They bum rush the ship. But you set that trend.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you know that.
Speaker 6: Well, you know what, Yes, I don't know if we didn't mean to, but you set the trend.
Speaker 1: Let's make some noise.
Speaker 3: Look, he so we went up.
Speaker 6: It wasn't a setup in the sense that we knew we were gonna go there, but we knew we had two choices and it was like the day before, so we chose this one.
Speaker 2: So did you actually talk to him prior to No, No, no, you just waited for him to just.
Speaker 6: Waited for As a matter of fact, the word had gotten out because I said, yo, I'm here a battle. It wasn't about throwing nobody off stage. Listen, I'm still stopped the violence.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like this, that's why it was a controversy.
Speaker 6: So when I jumped up what happened was I think one of his boys or something. He had a little crew with him and somebody with him. So when we jumped on stage, I remember a super Cat. I can't even fuck up man super Cat. He said, Chris, let me go on first month, let me go on first mine before you do thatt me wan first.
Speaker 3: I was like yo, and Cat went on. He did his thing. Then PM doing went on.
Speaker 6: We let him get through one song and then we all jumped on this stage. It's like, yo, let's battle. Let's get it popping right now. So the whole crowd was like, oh, let's go. But something happened is man, somebody jumped out. It was like, fuck that trying to do some ship. It was like, yo, fuck that. We were all shoot this my nigga one and't fuck that through them niggas off the stage.
Speaker 3: That's what it want. Fuck that, no ship.
Speaker 2: Yoh, Trey AF just did that tow I love Cannon in New York, in New York. This is the fact I love I love I love my Cannon. I love for Troy AF. But when it happened, immediately, now you are so I immediately when I seenked it, I said this is I don't even think Troy af know that this originated from that very moment. Like if you disrespect and you come to the person town, you are liable to go off the stage and drinks is liable to throw at you, and you were allowed to feel uncomfortable. But you started that trending and applaud you for that, sir, Come on one more time, everybody, being.
Speaker 5: That we're on the topic of self destruction, stopped the violence. One thing that I've always wondered, why do you think that we haven't been able to recreate those movements in hip hop? Because when that came out and we're on the same game came out those records, they were cool to.
Speaker 4: The youth at the time. We love those records. We knew the lyrics.
Speaker 3: But see the people I.
Speaker 5: Know you've been doing, You've done, You've continued to do those records, but they haven't touched the pulse of the youth anymore.
Speaker 6: Now hip hop is not conscious, Okay, Like people got to understand that hip hop it's raw essence. That ship has got a ghetto. Hip hop is ignorant. Okay, that ship is I'm that and it's core. That ship is raw ignorance, man, just straight up. But all the best things come out of that shit. Okay, the darkness. That's where the best ship comes from. Out of this ship. Look, it takes feces to make things grow. All we eating is ship.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 3: It is the most honest.
Speaker 6: So that's why I say, go back to the movement when we did those records, stop the violence and self destruction. Look at the dudes that were doing them. Those were street du That's why we love Okay, that's why right. But now all them dudes got shot up and went to jail. Nobody there's no one else, Like maybe some younger kids today or maybe some of the younger artists today, if they care about their community.
Speaker 3: When we were coming up.
Speaker 6: With gangs and excuse me and cruise and stuff like that, we cared about the community still, Like we would still smack a young kid up and be like, Yo, you better go to school, motherfucker. I know your moms. You know what I'm saying. You would still get gangs like that. Today it's too individualistic. Even dude to a real gangsters, they not really in the hood. They do they gangster on the phone. They they pushing they thing through on different mediums. Now, we didn't have none of this shit when we was coming up.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry to cut you off, but you know what the crazy shit is. I just thought about it, like you know hip hop. We got our own little version of chitpling circuit, like where you go. So back then in the nineties, I'll say in ninety seven ninety eight, I had to go to Virginia. I had to go to North Carolina, and when the dude told me, yo, I run the block, I had the choices. It was fifteen seconds, not fifteen seconds on the internet, but it's fifteen seconds that I had to say I believe him or I fucking don't. Right, we didn't have Instagram like right now, dude, we were like, yo, I run the town.
Speaker 1: Check my Instagram. Check them that shit don't fucking register with me.
Speaker 2: But you know what I'm saying, cause they don't have a picture with like you know, whoever's the popper popular people at the time.
Speaker 1: But back then in the nineties, I had to go to a.
Speaker 2: Town and I had to make a decision in fifteen seconds. When the dude caught me in foot locker and said, you're Norri I run the town. Fuck with me and I had to study with you.
Speaker 4: To do.
Speaker 1: Sometimes these guy's lying, they're good, but a lot of the times they're official.
Speaker 2: You don't have time to go look at and nowadays and google them.
Speaker 1: When I go to a.
Speaker 2: Town now they'll be like, yo, go get with such and such, and I gotta look at this guy's Instagram. But it was real and and your generations before mines.
Speaker 1: So how was that like? Just traveling the US back then?
Speaker 6: You had to know people, man, you had to really know. Like what you just said right there brought me back to like, Okay, tell your story, Ice Tea, Okay, this is way.
Speaker 1: Back big of Ice Tea coming on the show.
Speaker 6: A shout out to Icy and Coco. This goes back to Darlen. Okay, this is first wife on the cover of Okay, Ice Tea, this is the realest dude ever.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 6: I don't know what y'all know about TV and well I don't know what that ship is. Okay, But in the eighties Ron Syndicate in l a OA, you had to know these dudes or you wasn't playing.
Speaker 1: You said you couldn't even go to you couldn't even play.
Speaker 3: You couldn't even play date.
Speaker 6: Today you can book shows, you know, live national book.
Speaker 3: Couldn't ran in the hood. This ship is all good.
Speaker 6: No, back then, it was only dudes that were hustling that was booking rappers. So it was like you know, and and and it wasn't never no shit, it was not. It was actually the time. We always having a good time. It's like we've left.
Speaker 3: All the guns, all the product that shit, leave that ship down.
Speaker 6: Let's just go to Latin Quarters and have a good fucking time. Car Let's just go down to you know, the rooftop or or whatever feeve or whatever. Everybody just was like that. Everybody left their shit in the car. If there was any beef in the cub. You'd see dudes running outside today ride and that the ship would pop off in the parking lot. But we had to know people. You couldn't just be a rap. There were so many rappers that were dope on the mic and even had hit records, but they couldn't tour, They couldn't travel, you know, because back then people were still getting robbed for they change just the.
Speaker 3: Idea of wearing the gold chain.
Speaker 6: Well you know what I'm saying, you know, but look I tell you this on YouTube though now.
Speaker 4: And it's for YouTube.
Speaker 1: It's for YouTube now.
Speaker 6: You know MC search, you know far right, the third base. These were the only white dudes ever ever to walk in Latin Quarters with big gold on.
Speaker 2: Latin Quarters, the original Latin Quarters, because I went to stream Broadway on ninety six in Broadway, the original quarters.
Speaker 6: Was on forty eight Street and Broadway, across the street from Popeye's Chicken. We used to eat that bullshit and go across the street and tear that ship down. Nothing but hustlers in there. And if your rhymes was whack, you did not make it out like you without insults or sneaking scheming on you, or like you had to have security walk you out like you. You know what I'm saying. And I took pride in that ship. I was like, fuck niggas, man, I'm getting this shit in right now. And they just loved, they loved my whole shit. And the point was was that we were spitting conscious shit. We called the reality rap yo, man, Fuck these cops, this court, this shit we were going through. Fuck the DA. These motherfuckers are corrupt. Let's talk about the government. That shit became conscious rap. All of a sudden in the nineties, the title switched right and now, all of a sudden, we were supposed to play this role of being conscious rappers who didn't fight or argue and this shit, and it was like, I never rested. I'm wrestled. I never settled this in my own career, you know me. I consider myself a god man straight up. I'm all about peace. But this world the minute you say you standing up for justice and wisdom, these dudes want to try to see you. And I love shit like that. I'm like, I'm God's like worst. I'm said here to make you think like, yo, that's that. You know we can get that dude right there, I'm like.
Speaker 3: You and ship changes in the dark.
Speaker 6: Come on, follow me down here, Yeah, and then see the skirt of wearing the skirt, come on, tell you, come.
Speaker 1: On, that's where I want to go.
Speaker 2: How did the b start with Shan a Regular? Was it the record or was it something on the side. I have to notice for my own because you're my favorite rapper.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you know that we wanted to be down with hated you when you did the Bridges.
Speaker 2: I's got to be clear with you let me tell you something.
Speaker 4: You mean, any any killers and Queens.
Speaker 2: You made them, because I'm gonna tell you because you said we didn't. That's horrible, horrible, it's a great, it's a great, horrible thing, because you know why we had on records. Island at that time was the toughest place. I mean, it was the hard chorus place to go.
Speaker 1: And if you was from Queens, you would just.
Speaker 2: Walk by and people would be like Queens, right. And I don't know if you know if you started this, but you said I didn't hear a peak from a place called Queens, And we had to fight every each neow y'all nigga, every bra snaker. For niggas to be like Queens niggas is a fish like he just took out Shan. He didn't, damn, I wrote it that wrong, and she shanned, don't don't, don't blow me up, listen.
Speaker 1: I'm just I'm just being.
Speaker 3: Honest, no doubt.
Speaker 1: And at that time.
Speaker 2: You changed the face of hip hop because you single handedly. So I don't need to know how did this start? Was it beef with Marley? Was it beef with Shan? Was this this rock pum a sneaker?
Speaker 1: What was it, Chris, to make you go off like that?
Speaker 2: First off, we and queens didn't know it was a South bron We didn't know it was a North bron We just though it was the Bronx. So when all right, so I need to know this, this is from my own history.
Speaker 1: How did they start?
Speaker 3: Rest in Peace to mister Magic? Let me start right.
Speaker 6: Smoke right now, come on, man, come on, Rest in Peace to mister Magic. Okay, straight up. Now that's who started it.
Speaker 1: He started its magic, mister match.
Speaker 6: Rest in Peace. We wanted to be down with the Juice Crew. Let's start right there.
Speaker 2: So and this is Molly Ma, this is Magic, Okay, Magic and Molly.
Speaker 6: Magic was the first of all. There was another Juice Crew before matching. Let's name the original, the original Juice Crew.
Speaker 3: I was first.
Speaker 6: I don't know all of them. I think email Caz, Yeah, this is Juice Crew. Juice Crew out a disco fever. They the original Juice Crew. Magic was part of that crew, okay, So he kind of took the name. And the second generation came up, which was us, and so he named his crew the Juice Crew.
Speaker 3: But he is the only one with the ring.
Speaker 6: It was rings it was like thirteen rings that were given out for this Juice Crew, so hering one of his.
Speaker 3: He was one of these dudes with the ring.
Speaker 6: So he named the things Juice Crup with his man fly tie as well. Tyers was big, you know, with promotion and marketing, so the idea was battles were huge on the street anyway. If he was an MC, he was always battling your man. He was always in a cipher spitting shit. So that's what it was. But none of that was ever reflected in mainstream media and rap whatever run DMC. They was crushing shit, but they were still you know, wrapping. They were still like performers, you know. They It never was really what it was on the street level. So we went to Magic. We wanted to be part of the Juice Cree. We wanted to be produced by Mally mal Okay. But Magic was the Juice Crew. He's the one that put everybody down. So Rox Sane Chante just came off of a battle with UTFO Nice Battle.
Speaker 3: All these rock Sands came out of that battle.
Speaker 2: Big little Sister Fast team. While I went to school, Wow continued.
Speaker 6: Rock Sanshani came out UTFO Nice Battle so mc shan came out and dissed LL called him a beat vida because the word on the street was the LL bit, his stop, the kango Dadidas, the step pumas and the track suit, and in a way it looked just like L from the early days. If you look at early LL, it was some kind of similarity. So LLL was mad about that, I guess, and started going out. I'm not Ell, I'm sorry. Shan was mad at that and started going after LLLLLL never answered.
Speaker 4: Him, but I did.
Speaker 6: Because Magic took our demo. So the story goes, an engineer told us this we handed in. Our record was two records criminal Minded in elementary, oh and a record called Advance three records. We have got to advance three records. We gave it to him, they said, Magic said this is corny. No, we're not doing it, and supposedly flung it in the in the garbage. This is an engineer telling us. First of all, we couldn't even talk to Magic. Okay, he was not huge, Okay, security he was the man. Okay, we couldn't even see. We handed out. We handed dude the CD, threw somebody through somebody through somebody and the word got back, Yo, wack.
Speaker 3: Get a body here.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 6: So mind you. I'm a homeless in the street. I'm riding the train back and forth to D train. Scott land Rock is a social worker at the shelter. I get to you know, sometimes I'm at the shelter. Sometimes I'm not me and Justice was in the shelter together. So some nice we hang out all night. Some nights we get up a Scott. I had to go to work every day and worked there at that shelter. So we got back and Scott was like, yo, they said it was wat my g I was like, yo, why Shan is whack? How much my shit ain't whack? Wa. So I'm twenty, you know what I'm saying, twenty one twenty, I'm cocky, I'm arrogant. I'm already known in the Bronx. I'm a graffiti writer really named kr Rest and I'm writing on the six train and the five to two and the five we hitting the bus yards Ford and Rod bus yards. So I'm already on my shit in the graffiti world. And I was graffiti.
Speaker 1: I'm just throwing it out there.
Speaker 6: I was on my ship bombing buses and trains, and we were trying to get into the rap deal, hopefully to get some money and get out the hood. They said, you whack, So I wrote I was. I wrote the Bridges Over first, before the south Brook, before the south Bronx. I wrote the Bridges Over because that was more my ship. I was on some reggae ship. So I was like, yo, I used to listen to shine Head. Actually was my inspiration, shine Hand. I used to listen to shine Hand. Michigan is Smiley yellow Man, Lieutenant Stitchy.
Speaker 3: Major Macronesia Man. I just go on.
Speaker 4: I used to blast all that.
Speaker 6: So he was like, see what are you doing this? Okay, So so it's like so I'm listening to all that. But Scott was like, First of all, Scott started to get down in his spirit because he had already shopped our music to everybody, and they all turned us down. They said it was too educated, too preachy. You don't sound like the rappers out here because we were talking about nuclear.
Speaker 3: Wall, the government this kind of thing. Was like, nah, rap, don't.
Speaker 2: Need I know about Illuminati because you I'm just so we were eighty four.
Speaker 6: I'm just telling you that anyway. So we was like, you know, nobody was gonna sign this. No one wanted us. So I was like, you know what, fuck it? I wrote the Bridges over. I said it to Scott. Scott was like, nah, man, because nobody's gonna gonna play that reggae ship. Nobody want to hear that ship. They want to hear like run DMC and this.
Speaker 2: So you're telling me the Bridges over was wrote before Shan actually dropped the bridge or no bridge out.
Speaker 6: No, the bridge was out, and I wrote the bridges over.
Speaker 2: All right, So now let me just tell you this is where you also crushed my dreams as a child.
Speaker 7: Fair as I read this, hip hop thought it out the job, I thought, even to the.
Speaker 2: Two, I'm a child, all right, I born in nineteen seventy seven, right, what what year did Shan.
Speaker 1: Drop that record?
Speaker 3: That was like eighty six eighty six?
Speaker 1: So technically how old are if?
Speaker 6: Nine?
Speaker 4: Like ten? Nine years old?
Speaker 1: Nine?
Speaker 4: So I believe she as a nine year old?
Speaker 3: Well I don't.
Speaker 4: I've never been in Lebron.
Speaker 3: But wait a minute, here's the real of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, we both were wrong. Okay, wait, wait me and you or meet you and Shane, me and Shan. Okay, tell them.
Speaker 6: He said, you love to hear the story again and again how it all got started way back when the monument is right in your face.
Speaker 3: Sit and listen for a while. For the name of the place, the bridge. Okay, that caused the battle, that's what.
Speaker 1: Because you knew hip hop originated.
Speaker 2: I was going to one twenty three park watching BAM right, so now we as as as as we go. So it was that line that made you, well, no, it's magic, said we was garbage that made us fery. Combined with that line, well, that line was the excuse. But magic wasn't from Queen's Bridge.
Speaker 6: No magic is from magic. He's from Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: I think from Brooklyn. From Brooklyn. No, but but you hear this record and it bothers you.
Speaker 6: Why Well, first of all, magic justic us and and basically was hopping on the fact that his number one MC was this dude right here, mc shan.
Speaker 3: So being from the Bronx, hungry, broke poor.
Speaker 6: With nothing, we said, you know what, that's food right there, Let's go get him.
Speaker 1: This is crazy and so food.
Speaker 6: We said, yo, we wrote up. I wrote the bridges over first. Got didn't like it, said, no, nobody's listening. No, reggae ship. If you really want to go at dude, come with some ship.
Speaker 2: So the original Bridge is Over was a reggae Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, it was super Cat books boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom.
Speaker 6: Big up the super Cat for that right, supercant a little left right for a little while. No O, that was I was all in the super Cat right there. And he had a record called said Bop Staying said go on and get him up, hey, say bo standing the boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom. I was like, yes, put that to some boom back the same ship we used to do in the in the in the shelter, we used to hit the bathroom.
Speaker 3: He didn't like that.
Speaker 1: So then what happened?
Speaker 6: You went back and he put on this record, goes, hey, bro I got that good cheap a cheever boom boom boom boom, Hey bro I got that good cheeper Chief. You have to keep cutting that far out, So Scott's cutting that ship. I was like, way back in the days when hip hop began with coke LaRock wol Hurrican damn bam people. The Scott was like, oh yo, you need to come with that next like three days later he got his check.
Speaker 3: We went to the studio.
Speaker 6: It was fifty dollars, twenty five dollars an hour and you get an acetate at the answer was a bargain, like the acetate was twenty five dollars, but they said twenty five dollars and the acetate two hour minimum. We spent fifty dollars. We made a four track. We did South Bronx and the PS three the same day, two hours, one day, Bridges No no, No, South Bronx and the PS free the original with d Knights on the beach.
Speaker 3: And we got a dumb played out of it.
Speaker 6: So we took that down to Latin Quarters and Raoul was playing Red Alert wasn't even on yet.
Speaker 3: There's a dude named Raoul.
Speaker 1: There was bigger Raoul. That is side bar owner.
Speaker 3: Right rose Ma Hoomie.
Speaker 2: Shout out the sidebar, shout out the sidebar.
Speaker 1: What's the older people?
Speaker 4: Is this mingo?
Speaker 1: Because I stopped, no, no, no no, because I just figured Raoul, so continue this story.
Speaker 3: We gave him. We gave nasty take We gave him the dumb player. He put the ship on. From the second that ship came on Bridges No, the South, Bronx the South.
Speaker 1: He said, Queens Break.
Speaker 6: After Queens Queensbridge is a huge hit record. I should play on the radio every day, thro the ship on the club, dudes.
Speaker 1: Is we were very proud. How long do we have? How long do we have? How long queens were we?
Speaker 3: It was about a month. It was about a month.
Speaker 1: Only had a month taken We had six months? No, no, no, that was right, give us two months even.
Speaker 3: It was like to two months. It was on the radio. It was like one month.
Speaker 6: The ship was he was in the club already and then came back.
Speaker 3: No, then Shan came back.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no, let's not skip.
Speaker 2: Okay, So we only had a month where it was okay to be from Queensbridge, left Frack forty projects and then.
Speaker 6: No, wait a minute, rephrase the question. No, you guys had like three left. You had like three four years. Oh yeah, because when see when when run DMC came out and ll and then Shante.
Speaker 1: You was cool with them.
Speaker 3: I'm cool with all of that.
Speaker 6: So why did you and sh Wait a minute, no, lyrically, I wasn't I got it lyrically, I wasn't see.
Speaker 3: This was the time.
Speaker 6: This was a time where you had to prove Run DMC said an amazing lyric. I think it was DMC, he said. Other rappers can't stand us, but give us respect. That sums up the whole.
Speaker 1: Eighties with Do you feel like Run DMC was like a pop group to you? Bet?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, it was nothing pop about Run DMC. No them know fuckers was straight hood? Okay, Jam asked, did Jay okay? Okay? Okay? J was hood hood? Okay okay? Now Run and d they were straight hood as well. They came from different other parts of Queens, right, but queens the whole of Queen's hood.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 6: So it was like Run DMC was just kings like they was just it and and you always took a shot at those who was on the top if you was the little guy on the bottom.
Speaker 3: That that's what it was.
Speaker 6: It was like even rock sand Chante had a line where I met Run and I met d MC, and I said so and it was like one of hadopas, like one of her lines and she had put it. But that was the attitude like you ain't lodge. You ain't you know even though you are and you the man.
Speaker 1: But let me ask you this question.
Speaker 2: When he's said hip hop started out in the dark, was was that something that.
Speaker 1: Directly bothered you because you knew the truth?
Speaker 6: Scholarly? Yes, but I didn't know the truth. I thought I knew the truth. See this is young arrogance. I'm hanging out in the Bronx, North Bronx, South Bronx, East West Bronx. I'm the whole Bronx Gunhill Road to Milburgh Projects.
Speaker 3: Okay, whole Bronx.
Speaker 6: First, I'm a graph writer, so I walked the entire Bronx. My name is Okay, I'm the whole Bronx. Okay, So I'm running in the parties. Dudes, you know we know ship.
Speaker 2: You didn't hear.
Speaker 3: I didn't hear Queen, No we did. We used to go to Queens. Queens had the dopest party.
Speaker 7: But so you did hear people, no doubt. Let's Queen's no what it was no childhood.
Speaker 3: Let me say this say this.
Speaker 6: My wife is from Queen's Okay, Queen, no, no, no, no, that's the queen right.
Speaker 1: Your wife Jasmine in the building queens, Queens.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna big you up.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, big up your wife.
Speaker 4: He's looking for queen.
Speaker 3: I'm looking for my queens. Saint Albans, Sane Orbans.
Speaker 2: This is what I'm talking about. Man, Niggas don't respect this part. The nigga that married a woman. Let's leave this because listen, on the island, people used to be like queens, like you started something. So niggas from queens at that time on the island spit out raises and buck fifties. You might have originated buck fifties.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you knew that. I don't know if you knew that. But because queens, he.
Speaker 3: Was like everything.
Speaker 1: I do, I do, Master, you don't care, this is this is he's.
Speaker 3: Like my father, like I mean, and you blame your father for everything, don't we all?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Don't we all?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Don't we all?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: So when you heard hip hop started out an adult, you knew that.
Speaker 6: You knew that it didn't No, I knew Cool Heirk existed, I knew Bam, I knew Flash she existed. I didn't know them, but their names were in the hood crazy, so you knew was froning. Yeah, basically, well I.
Speaker 3: Knew he didn't know. I don't even know if he was frighting.
Speaker 6: It's just that one of queens we go because we seen that and he wrote about what he saw from his perspective, and so I put out the record South Bronx and today it's to be scholarly correct. Hip hop started in the West Bronx. It never started in the South. See that was my next question. This it's the Westbrooks cool Heart fifteen twenty Sadgwick Avenue, the Bronx. Okay, that's West Bronx. But we were so ghetto ignorant and gas to get on a record we South Bronx, South South Bronx because that was one of my other history books.
Speaker 2: Was with people from the other part of the Bronx where they still chair oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Everybody North Bronx, East West was all from the South.
Speaker 2: Because even now, like when Biggie you hear you hear yeah, Biggie, or you hear nahs.
Speaker 1: So nobody shout out the Bronx. They never say the Bronx, they say the South Bronx.
Speaker 2: And I always wondered with people from the other side, well, they offended by that. It's like Biggie shout it out on one record when God bless it that.
Speaker 1: Obviously, when Big was alive, he was like.
Speaker 2: Yo, I shout it out queens Bridge, and I was like, I'm from Left Frack, Like I don't really get that, Like you're not shout out the whole Queens when you shout out queens Bridge. Queensbridge is a ninety six building that you come over Manhattan and that's just that section.
Speaker 1: But people that's right next door to it, ravers would the story of they don't recognize queens Bridge.
Speaker 2: We understand what you mean by shouting out Queensbridge and thinking it's.
Speaker 1: The whole Queens, but it's really not.
Speaker 2: So I always wanted it was that the opposite when you said South Bronx.
Speaker 1: Was people in the West brook.
Speaker 3: The Bronx took it differently because the Bronx wasn't on the map. Brooklyn was on the map.
Speaker 1: Brooklyn is still on the map, and well there it is Brooklyn. Rules You could be du Journey and you say you're Brooklyn in the house.
Speaker 4: It was like the fuck Brooklyn washere?
Speaker 3: Okay, there was nobody was There was a record called Gold Brooklyn.
Speaker 6: I think that's sonics still might mister, somebody go Brooklyn, Gold Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: That was it. That that was the club anthem. That's what we did. That's what it was.
Speaker 6: So when I came to South Bronx, that's where I want to go. That's where the Bronx was on the map. And then I mentioned dudes that were heavy in the Bronx, you know, Nine Lives Crew, Cyprus Boys, real rock.
Speaker 2: So what you're telling me is after you drop the South Bronx, shan drop kill that noise, that's what made you drop Bridges over.
Speaker 3: Yes, Oh this is terrible. Bridges never was horrible. First of all, I would have been over it was horrible. This is terrible.
Speaker 6: Actually, you know what you know, let me tell you. When kill that Noise came out, it.
Speaker 3: Was a hit.
Speaker 4: Was it was a hit.
Speaker 3: First of all, that beat think of the Casey Sunshine band beat. That was easy. Biggy even used it again, no way, he used it.
Speaker 6: That the don't don't jun't the jun't junk junk and don't don't jun't don't jun't yun't don't don't.
Speaker 3: That that that that was the Casey in the Sunshine when he dow that on.
Speaker 4: It was hot. It was like, oh he came back.
Speaker 6: It wasn't it wasn't whacked until the bridge is over came out.
Speaker 1: My feelings. But I need to know how this happens. I need to know, like, because you're my favorite artist at the time.
Speaker 3: I'm a child.
Speaker 1: And you broke my dreams.
Speaker 3: With murder people.
Speaker 1: All around the boy my whole life.
Speaker 4: It's good's.
Speaker 1: He's my god. So how did this session did? How did how did it?
Speaker 2: Because you said you originally recorded original version it was a reggae version.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I never recorded it. Oh, I just said it in Scott's living room.
Speaker 1: As Scott said no, he said no, wow, So you did the South Bronx. So I did the South Bronx and Killis came out and did Now you.
Speaker 6: Know, Scott got on the reggae when he heard the ps free when I did South Bronx and then the ps free on the other side.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: When we used to do that in the club. That was the rock that that was the wreck is. So Scott was like, what's up this reggae?
Speaker 3: Should like what?
Speaker 6: He started getting me now he was on it. But then Shan answered us would kill that noise. If you knew what I knew, you'd kill that noise. And the record was hot for its time, and so we was like, you know what, we got this joint right here. And Scott didn't even recorded, no, it was all my record. Scott never recorded the bridges over, he never even well, he came for the mix of the second one. But when when when Shan put out his record, I went back to said G from Ultra Magnetic, who was doing our beats, and he said, actually was sampling. He was he had to sp twelve. So I asked him, Yo, give me some drums. I'm gonna go in the studio up the block from Latin Quarters. I found some little rinkyding studio like two blocks up, and I said, yo, Shan came out with this joint. I'm coming back. Went in there and I produced the whole record. I took said G's drums.
Speaker 3: Boom boom back bat, boom bat, boom boom bat.
Speaker 6: That's the same beat we did on the bathroom wall and the shelter boom boom back back boom bat, and dudes, just get it in. That was just the standard beat. So we did that, put the super cat to it. Boom boom boom ba boom boom. I played the piano one take one time you listen to the instrumental.
Speaker 4: That's the sloppiest playing ever.
Speaker 6: As error's mistakes, all types of shit, but no one heard all that put my lyric down. The Bridge is over. I did that shit strictly for Brooklyn, straight up Bronx, South Bronx. That was straight up Gunhill Road, straight up west Chester, Jerome Brand concourse, that would that this one. We said, Yo, this is what Brooklyn is on right now, and nobody knows it.
Speaker 3: Nobody.
Speaker 6: Nobody goes to the jams like well, actually what it's called the donzie the dance all they don't go to that.
Speaker 3: We be it.
Speaker 6: We was up in it with Stone Love and GT International and all of that. So when he was talking about battle, he was like, Yo, were gonna battle the way they do in Jamaica. We're gonna spin the record back up, gunshot. We're gonna and America's never hurt it. They was like, what the fuck the bridge is over?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 3: They didn't know what the fun was. It was like, Yo, it was.
Speaker 4: That's what it was called sound.
Speaker 2: I'm not even from the bridge I'm just from Queens, but it still hurts Karen.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take a moment of silence.
Speaker 3: Take that moment. Let's drink.
Speaker 6: Drink.
Speaker 3: I can't share.
Speaker 1: Fund it out. So why did why did.
Speaker 2: You even respond to Shan Shannon? Listen, let me just say, Shannon is still a godfather, no doubt off Queen's Bridge of Queens.
Speaker 1: He's still a forefather. But this time, why did you respond?
Speaker 3: Like Shan is the reason, Hey, a restaurant has a career.
Speaker 1: Damn this okay, this is let's make some noise for that man.
Speaker 2: In my opinion, the greatest battle on the record, no doubt on record. To me, it was the greatest battle because it affected like it changed people lives. Like right now, when I see people battle, it don't change people lives.
Speaker 1: We just laugh at them.
Speaker 2: And you know, but this, like Queen's had to prove ourselves, like we had to like you know what I mean, like South Bronx was was was the position where.
Speaker 4: Y'all had to dig out the rubble. I got outside, I could.
Speaker 1: What he said.
Speaker 2: It's like Brooklyn has always been recognized. I can remember back in ninety seven, I used to go to Atlanta and be like, yo is Atlanta in the house, and nobody from Atlanta would never, you know, say anything.
Speaker 1: And when I said New York in the house, people go crazy. And I would say Brooklyn. We were always my first choice.
Speaker 4: Brooklyn, and people will go issue.
Speaker 1: We see him, I see him backstage and be like, you're from Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: Where're at that?
Speaker 1: Like Queens Boulevard. God damn it. This motherfucker is a lion motherfucker. But you changed the game from that, And.
Speaker 3: So Shan.
Speaker 1: Responded to you recently.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wow, he started and started that, he started.
Speaker 1: He just he did an interview.
Speaker 3: It's a record.
Speaker 4: No, no, he didn't.
Speaker 3: Well wait he didn't do a record, No he did, he did. He did.
Speaker 4: Uh wait wait, let me go back. Just for the record. I was battling some other dude in Pittsburgh recently.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe three months strike come out to the supermar like young Gris. I would have got it.
Speaker 6: I have an eggs and bread in my hand and ship. But I give the young kids a run for their money. Somebody, the young shooters gotta know somebody. The young kids don't know my history, so don't tell them. Don't tell them. Let me give me spank that. But but they but but but the point is is that I was battling some others. Some dude jumped on stage. He was this, and he was dressed like L, holding L's album album, and I was freestyling. I said some wax ship about L. I apologize for that because.
Speaker 3: L is up here.
Speaker 6: You know, he's even before me. You know what I'm saying. There's no disrespect there. But I was battling and the battle is for. He was like, he held up L's album.
Speaker 2: I was like, are you telling me some kids just jumped one. Yeah, well he jumped on, gave a shot.
Speaker 7: Why what you got?
Speaker 3: He's smittish ship. It was corny, And so I started going, where where was this at Pittsburgh?
Speaker 1: Okay, you did say that this is Pittsburgh.
Speaker 6: So in that he put up Shan's album and I said, we took Shan out already?
Speaker 3: What them up for? Shann heard that and said fuck him, man, Yeah, he ain't never took me out. This, that, and the other.
Speaker 1: Do you agree with his theory?
Speaker 2: His theory is that y'all should have been in front of each other like how the Battle Rappers do.
Speaker 1: Now do you agree with that theory.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he just never showed up. Dude.
Speaker 4: It's thirty years.
Speaker 6: It's thirty years, dude, not the festival all up and down. Queens should make happen. Talk right only in Queen's Bridge, There's no excuse outdoor festivals.
Speaker 3: Come on summer Champ.
Speaker 1: It's thirty years and now he wants to do it face.
Speaker 6: That would be the end of his ship. If you ever want to see them all, that ship will be destructive. I don't know what he's asking for, but you know, I eat.
Speaker 3: Off this ship. Man, this is my ship right here.
Speaker 7: You know he'll have it in you.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna shoot somebody.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: So you really written the studio arm recorded a new rend.
Speaker 3: Well, he came out with something he did.
Speaker 6: He did an interview and he said some rhymes on the interview that he's coming at me. So I'm from you don't just say that's like pulling your gun and that ship like what you're gonna pull your ship out?
Speaker 3: I'm blasting you. That's it.
Speaker 6: That's I'm not what that's the end of. So he said his little piece put a piece out.
Speaker 1: So what did he exactly say? He like freestyle a cappella.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it sounds like it was written though it had no heart to it, like a real freestyle. He was reading some ship and he read some ship off and that you and I just fuck. Yeah, I'm going to Atlanta. I'm going to Atlanta.
Speaker 3: That's what, dude? Is that? Oh?
Speaker 1: That's what?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Sham work is sham work at a place called Club Babes in Atlanta. Okay, I'm going there. Okay, that's why I don't know what I just started.
Speaker 3: I don't know what. No, no, no, you want to see it. Let's get it popping so.
Speaker 5: You will be willing drink champs. I think it's an opportunity for us, right, No, no, no.
Speaker 8: No no.
Speaker 1: I don't want them to do with this battle. I just want to see it online.
Speaker 2: Queens lorda queens man, listen, I don't really want to see this battle happen.
Speaker 1: Can you? Is there anywhere we can chill you out?
Speaker 5: Or no?
Speaker 6: Not? You know what?
Speaker 1: What What did he say that ignited you to want to go?
Speaker 6: It's not what is being said, it's so it's the audacity to even think that, after thirty years, you you got something for me. You are crazy. You obviously want more hits on your ship or whatever it is. Let me give them to you, Let me give it to you, let me bleak you up. Because again, let me also say this, if Shan never answered me, I would not have a career, okay saying from the South from the South Bronx. Okay, that record could have been a one hit. Like if South Bronx came out, we would have had one hit. Okay, we had no other shot. Shan answered, would kill that noise, and andever he.
Speaker 3: Didn't have to.
Speaker 6: So we came back with the bridges over and that's when we was able to follow up with Criminal Minded. We had four songs on the market. Now, Shan is the reason I exist. So the least I could do is Busses asked. That's the least I could do. You know what I'm saying, show them that love and hopefully I say, yo, somebody should write for Chancy.
Speaker 3: Back to your first question, Back to the first verson.
Speaker 6: Now, see if someone wrote for Sham, I would not be mad at all.
Speaker 3: Fuck that man. Save that nigga man, please.
Speaker 2: So you kept saying to him, you told him, you told him his name is Na spelled backwards, your father.
Speaker 3: He's the opposite.
Speaker 6: Yo, yo, let me pick up my nigga noads real quick, because he said Queen's Bridge was done until Illmatic came out. Okay, just for the history, Okay, Queens Bridge was criminal minded? Was was the ship and that ship that was it? Okay, I think Illmatic was better than criminal Minded. That's my opinion.
Speaker 2: Me being a Queen's kid, I can understand where you're coming from. But me living in that era, I gotta say criminal minded. If it wasn't a criminal minded, it wouldn't be an ill matter.
Speaker 3: You could say that, no doubt, no doubt. We can say so. Yeah, we can say.
Speaker 1: I'm a real hip hop kid.
Speaker 6: No no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: He turned into real niggas. You influenced knaves too.
Speaker 3: But you know what, you know what you are starting right now.
Speaker 6: Whoever's listening to us right now, go and listen to both albums right now, back to back, back to back. Listen to the whole Criminal Minded, and listen to the whole Illmatic.
Speaker 1: I did that this morning. That's the crazy ship.
Speaker 2: Listen, listen, listen, you know that's what Criminal Mind is one of my favorite albums. I just it's two records I can't really listen to but I listened to them. But this morning I just woke up and I was like, I want to listen to ill Madic. I don't know why, and I just listened to it, and then I listened to Criminal Another Mind. If you want to switch the champagne right yo. So so I understand what you're saying. But me living in that era, that's.
Speaker 1: I can one hundred percent tell you NAS answer the question the same way.
Speaker 2: He'd be like, if it wasn't for her Criminal Minded, he wouldn't know because you made us step.
Speaker 6: Our game up, you know what, that game, but that game got stepped up to the point where hip hop changed.
Speaker 2: No, but you changed hip hop too, just in case, because you know, I know you're imagine and you humble, but you changed hip hop. You You was the first person you was. You was our Malcolm X. Let me break that down to you. It is because hip hop had took up like the PM dolls, and it had took a hey, we're cool approach. But we wanted to keep that attitude. But we also wanted to learn something and that's the position you fulfilled. That's why that's why your your name as a teacher would never be testing at all. No one could ever say he's not a teacher because you taught us the wool tangs, the mob deeps, the kabon and noriegas the nases. So I can't agree with your statement. I know your statement is humo saying that is better, but it is beat for beat.
Speaker 1: No, but that's not But that's not how history happened.
Speaker 2: How history happens is they say, you know this happened in order for this to that way.
Speaker 3: So that when I was coming from a different perspective about.
Speaker 1: Talk about Shan, you're a great guy, a great guy.
Speaker 6: We understand when you wait a minute, how else was Queen's been supposed to come back?
Speaker 2: So now let's let's now let's answer Shan's question. Because I listened to the interview, Shan is also a guard to me. He said that Molly told him not to respond.
Speaker 1: What do you think of that?
Speaker 3: That's that's that's pussy. It was right for him him that My god, that's.
Speaker 6: Grown ass man gonna tell you not to respond? We eating your ass right now, nigga, somebody.
Speaker 1: Respond as ship right, Oh man, this is real for me, this is so surreal. I don't even know where to go.
Speaker 5: If we're gonna wrap this up, you know, get out of here, man before we wrap this up.
Speaker 4: I'm the only Miami represented here right now.
Speaker 5: Yes, so it wouldn't be right for you to walk away without me to represent my generation of Miami hip hopatogia. And when you recorded with Mother Superior this album didn't really.
Speaker 1: See the like lame is this is your usually?
Speaker 3: Lie?
Speaker 1: What's Mother Superior?
Speaker 5: Mother Superior is this dope MC that came out of Miami in the mid nineties early mid nineties, and she was spear heading our movement. I mean, there was those funky bastards, there was Society Home Team, there was there was We had a bubble of movement that was parallel to the bass movement. Base, no doubt is a part of our Miami culture. But we had we had a hip hop and the way you guys were talking about how everybody was talking about the Brooklyn and the Bronx or whatever in the clubs, we had that problem here.
Speaker 4: So what we're trying to do is build our own identity record. So she did this album.
Speaker 5: She got signed to Island Music, you know, strictly off of underground radio, she did a song called rock Bottom, which was totally representative of Miami, and then he did a record with her, maybe a couple but this one record I put on one of my mixtapes, but her album never came out.
Speaker 4: It got shelved. And he said, where you at? Where you at?
Speaker 5: Miami's on the map, if you remember that, And that made the world of difference for a Miami hip ho kid. And I just you couldn't leave without me telling you that because it made the world of difference for all of us out here.
Speaker 1: Let's make that.
Speaker 3: I felt some mother superior to the superior she was. She was hot man.
Speaker 4: When Stone words.
Speaker 1: One question, where was your mind at when you made the sound of the police?
Speaker 6: I was sick of these pigs man shooting us down in the street. And it's still going on still what it was going on since we got here?
Speaker 1: So what was the sound? What year was that?
Speaker 3: Technically? Ninety five? Damn?
Speaker 1: What what year are you at now?
Speaker 3: Twenty sixteen? That's twenty years, twenty one.
Speaker 1: Years and you made that record then, yeah, and it's still going on.
Speaker 3: Now still to this table, little n W A man fucked the police?
Speaker 1: What was what year was fuck to the police.
Speaker 3: That was eighty eighty nine.
Speaker 2: And see, this is the thing is when people say, you know, black people are overdoing it, we have documents.
Speaker 1: Records that says no doubt that these people was doing it. So I was just like to say, what was the Mondster? You woke this in the South Bronx.
Speaker 3: Well, keep in mind that. Wow, I don't even know how to say this, but.
Speaker 6: In the Bronx, if you was really successful with your hustle in the hood, the cops was your friends.
Speaker 1: Larry Davis day, Yeah, it were.
Speaker 6: Larry Davis was right on our block like Webster Project. He was up the block from Webster Project. The whole thing went down, the cops was like they were gangster like. It's like, oh boom, okay, they speed this up. Training Day in the movie Training Day, that is every day all day. Okay, just go watch Training Day and you'll know what it is. It's just there's just another gang with another jurisdiction. And then and this is what we were dealing with. So if you remember in Bookie Down Productions, we had a we had a dude called RoboCop that was with us and there were two of them. One was a Bounce was the lead bouncer at Latin Quarters who is known for breaking dudes up in Latin Court. He had a reputation. You didn't want to deal with this dude, okay. And there was another dude, uh that was a state trooper, New Jersey State trooper. When I'm posting on the on the cover by all these necessary with the uzzi, the uzi is from a New Jersey state trooper, smer in the studioper.
Speaker 1: I didn't look at I didn't look as cool as you.
Speaker 3: That was from a New Jersey state. You was so with us.
Speaker 6: It was like it got to a point where he was like, you know what, we can't associate with you anymore because of what was going on. It was a split like in our own community, because like if you really in the hood, like like you could be selling mad drugs, but your brother's a cop, Like your cousin's a cop, your uncle's a cop. Like you know, it's not just oh, I'm a cop and everybody around me is clean. It's the exact opposite. Dudes that are cops even today, they gotta live with people like like, imagine you a cop and every day you see crime all around you. Every day, but you can just pick. Okay, I'm gonna arrest you today.
Speaker 2: How did you come up with the analogy from officer overseas?
Speaker 6: Oh, but that's that's the most shit because when we when we were first, when we were first brought here not as slaves but really as soldiers on the Spanish side and then slaves on the English side or the that's controversial too.
Speaker 3: But yo, heart, Yo here.
Speaker 1: Yo, we're gonna get your new phone care.
Speaker 3: I need that one. I need that ship. I need that ship is eighty.
Speaker 1: Can't do that.
Speaker 3: I'm bringing that ship back.
Speaker 1: Forget you, personally buying you.
Speaker 3: I gotta beep a nikes I got.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 1: Listen, is no word I said. Yah, I want to be.
Speaker 6: Ship.
Speaker 3: I got serious, serious, I got a bee beeper.
Speaker 1: Bring beepers back. Yo.
Speaker 4: You want to get with dream camps.
Speaker 3: You gotta beep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you gotta beat us. I'm personally buying cares.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, okay, So you remember you're talking about because you can forget it and.
Speaker 3: Yeah I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 3: Listen, we wanted to take the community, Oh, cops in the community.
Speaker 1: That's right, signing the police.
Speaker 6: So the cops is always your friends in the hood, which is the weirdest ship because when you really in the hood, cops ain't arresting you and shooting you. These are bitches that are shooting at us. This motherfuckers. That ain't no real ship. That's some bullshit. Okay, that's that's scared. They said, we scared. You know, that's what we shooting because we're scared. Real cops they know exactly who's selling who they hit the d a yo, go watch training day.
Speaker 2: The d ain't tell you.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, this dude to this one.
Speaker 2: I say all the time, when we have police brutality is when they stop letting the cops from the.
Speaker 1: Hood, the hood, you know, you know what you call it, from down the block. He went to school with him. You know he's a thief, right, you don't need to kill him.
Speaker 2: But when what happened is they take the cops from our hood and they bring them to another place, and then they bring the cops from another place, and that's.
Speaker 1: Borderline.
Speaker 2: That's that's one of the essential reasons why police brutality exists. Because if you had Jamal that that's from Soundview Projects and that went to school in Soundview, and then now I was patrolling Soundview, he's going to be different as opposed to Walter as a Walter who's from wherever wherever. But now he's patrolling Soundview. He's never seen a kid with braids. He's never seen a kid either since I see.
Speaker 1: So he's going to just do whatever.
Speaker 4: So there's one.
Speaker 3: Add on.
Speaker 6: The police are supposed to be the model citizen in the community, no matter who you are, white cop, black cop, you cop, Asian cop, Arab cop, fuck.
Speaker 3: Who you are?
Speaker 6: You take police training, You're supposed to be the model citizen. Should you should have the most restraint. Okay, kids are looking at you. They should be able to look at you and be like, yo, dad, I want to be a cop, and your dad be like, yo, you gotta really be a good man to be a cop. And that that's what it's supposed to be. But our children forget adults. Okay, children know the cops are corrupt. Okay, that's the state we are, right, Kids, not forget the adults. Kids know I'm not safe around this dude. I'd rather be around my shooters over here, we're in the rag on their head. I'm more safe around crips and bloods. I rather hot yo, I'm even gonna say that.
Speaker 3: Shit.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying I rather hire them, which we do as opposed to some some off duty cop. Years ago, we used to hire off duty cops x FBI. These dudes need jobs. You just go ahead and you hire them for and now you give them some money. You're doing your country, your service. These are veterans and shit, you do your thing now. It's like, nah, man, let me organize these blogs over here. Hit them with some money, because I say, go on the street. Four.
Speaker 3: Let me hit them with some cashing. Y'all go.
Speaker 6: Y'all can stand there and just do what you're supposed to do and get organized. I'd rather hire them as long as we know that we're not safe around the police. This whole shit is corrupt, and let me show you this on some Illuminati shit if you really want to know. Years ago, like eighty two, there was supposedly a conspiracy theory going around about eighty two eighty three. It said that the new World Order is going to include a global police force, and the way to implement the global police force was for local police to become so hated by the local community that the local communities cry out for international interference. So now you have these cops today randomly just shooting down black people, just shooting and it's stupid. It's like, it's ridiculous. Now the rest of the world is saying, Yo, what's up with America? What's what's somewhere? You go to other places, you know, Norway, you go to places, dude's looking at us like wea crazy, Like Yo, what's going I got Africans asking me, yo, bro, what's up?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 3: A black man?
Speaker 2: Sometimes you land in these different countries, they be like welcome, like.
Speaker 6: Right, you're here, like you survived.
Speaker 2: And dudes, do you think that's because because Barack became president it got worse or.
Speaker 6: No no, yeah, no, no, no, no, you know what he got to do. You got a lot of factors in it. First of all, people want black people in jail. Okay, people make him money on it. Black people are making money on black people in jail.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 6: This black DA sends no doubt this Black DA sending black people a prison. Black judges are sending black people are prison.
Speaker 3: Black cops are sending black people Black.
Speaker 6: Cops black stop shooting black Peobo were all gonna drop I got you, you know. So it's like it's like, are we really at war with any outside for us? Or we at war with ourselves? Are we just going along with the script that they have planned for us? And it's like straight up and down they just had Tyler Qualle was just with me the other day. He came over so Washington.
Speaker 3: He just told me he just came from the White House with a couple other rappers were there, and really nothing got discussed, you know. And they never call people like me or Chuck or m One or I mean, they don no doubt that they never know. But you know what they had Rick there. You know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: So I'm saying, no, why don't they because they know you're gonna come with the truth. Look, here's the point is that is that we're moving into this script. The United States has to become what its name is in order to for it to survive. United fu all this black ship, give me this, Yes, this is this legendary. This is a bit right, America. You gotta become united. United America got to stand up for America, like straight up when you go to other countries, niggas.
Speaker 3: This in US man, this in Americas. This is not everybody.
Speaker 2: Because first game President, everybody overseas, they was like black man ship, like the like the first year word.
Speaker 4: Then after that.
Speaker 1: It was like, you know what, there's a rumor that you didn't fly. I was taking boats yep, and.
Speaker 3: No doubt and reatha Franklin.
Speaker 1: So so do you do you fly now?
Speaker 3: No, I'll fly privately. I love flying.
Speaker 6: I fly helicopters. I'll fly private jets, you know, things like that. Take a few private jets in there. But commercial airlines for me, it is too much. The love in the hood is too much. For char rest, I don't I can't do nothing like you know, like to get to the airport. It takes me an hour, the baggage clean, bucking the whole baggage claim. I gotta take pictures with everybody pun I'm not leaving my people. I'm not just gonna walk past you. So everybody said, yo, Chris, I gotta stop. I gotta take pictures. I got signs ship, get on the plane, the stewardess bucket, the people on the on the plane again, Captain, I said, you know what, And this was ninety seven, I said, forget it.
Speaker 3: I'm not flying. I'm not flying no more. I can't. You haven't since ye, since ninety seven, actually ninety six.
Speaker 1: Let's make some noise for me being rich.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You gotta retreat the line it's a rich listen there, God, it's not rich.
Speaker 3: I'm not a rich man. I'm a very poor man.
Speaker 1: No, no, me too, I say the same.
Speaker 3: I take poverty. I'm not rich, me too.
Speaker 1: But you want the private things, let's talk about it.
Speaker 6: But but I will privately. Look, I take very good care of my wife and my children. Okay, that's what it is. I don't need anything, but they need a lot. So you know, I say, Look, I don't want to have a career where I'm away from my kids or my wife and this, that and the other.
Speaker 3: So and I can't be away from my wife. She books on the tours.
Speaker 1: Did you book a boat to London?
Speaker 4: I heard that too.
Speaker 1: I heard this story.
Speaker 3: But that's why I'm rushing out of here and now to get Yeah, I'm going.
Speaker 4: To Spain tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Walk about are you getting in a boat?
Speaker 3: I'm going tomorrow?
Speaker 6: Is Norwisian Norwesian Cruise pulls right up to your port. I'm getting on that ship and then it goes to it goes to Spain many days.
Speaker 3: Fourteen days, I'll be in Barcelona.
Speaker 1: What so, No, this is you in college? Is like the only two left?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 1: College don't fly neither?
Speaker 3: No, I think he got it. I expected why should college fly? Why should he fly?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 3: Why what? What?
Speaker 1: What? Why you wouldn't fly?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 6: Well, well, first of all, like I told you, commercial travel to me is just hectic. Besides like you now, besides that, I have books to write. I got rhymes to right, I read a lot. My life is slower, you know what I'm saying. I take time with my family, my wife, my daughter, my sons, like you need time for that. So you know, fourteen days at see, I'm finishing up three books that I'm just finishing.
Speaker 2: So you're saying you just zone out, zone out, you zone try that one? You should you should try right and rhyme at I got a d D.
Speaker 3: Hit that water. You don't have a d D. Smoke too much?
Speaker 1: I might just jump over.
Speaker 3: Actually is cured marijuana, curreus, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So it doesn't have it.
Speaker 2: And the thing is the weed I smoke is so loud, like it's gonna be a judge.
Speaker 1: That come out.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell your story, right, let me tell you story. I was in Hawaii because I remember this story because he's drinking my ties. So I'm in Hawaii, right, I'm out, hold on, hold on, I'm smoking weed.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 1: This is my first marriage, it's my first I'm married again, it's my second.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 1: Pray for me.
Speaker 2: So I'm sitting there smoking. The people at the Four Seasons, the Four Seasons Maui. So they call me and they say, yo, are.
Speaker 1: You smoking up there?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, yeah, I don't know what I paid for this room, but I just know my accountant lost her mind. So I'm like, yeah, I'm smoking. They're like, cauld you would you mind not smoking on the terrace? So I said, now you're inviting me to smoke in the room.
Speaker 1: They're like, you're right.
Speaker 2: They're like, we have a very important guess that is upstairs. And I'm like, did the guests pay more than me?
Speaker 1: And they're like no.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, well, they're like, mister Santiago, that's my last name. I don't know if you don't buy Puerto Rican makes a noise from Latina.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm black and Latin.
Speaker 3: So they say, I'm actually performing in Santiago.
Speaker 1: This is a gift. So they say to me, they say, you're right, You're actually outside. You can't do it. Bo I. Look on the news.
Speaker 2: This is when Oprah step son had drowned in Hawaii and Maui. So the person I was telling them to tell them the funk that I paid the same amount was fucking Oprah.
Speaker 4: This is morbid story.
Speaker 3: Because I liked it.
Speaker 2: I actually paid square for square. We had the same exact room. God bless you know the people who passed away and and everything. But that ship was just the moment for It was a moment for just me standing in my ground. But now I'm aging and trying to make this one work.
Speaker 3: Second was always the best.
Speaker 1: You'd you're the second one to first year.
Speaker 3: And a half, and big up to her, Rest in peace, blessed.
Speaker 8: I did not that.
Speaker 1: I'm every religion, by the way, So if you see me do that, I'm a Muslim.
Speaker 2: Christian, God body, Kay, thank you for so much for hanging out with us.
Speaker 1: We're not gonna we can and I'll come back.
Speaker 3: No about fourteen days when I come back. The people need you.
Speaker 2: Let's just break it down for these people. You are going fourteen days. So now, how does this cruise happen? You leave Miami, do.
Speaker 1: You stop anywhere?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Who do you stop at?
Speaker 4: We stop in Pune, call Africa, we stopped.
Speaker 1: All you go from Miami to Africa.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we got real quick from Miami Africa.
Speaker 1: I've never heard of.
Speaker 3: This.
Speaker 6: Some Bahamas, A little Bahamas, O Bahamas. Then you get out to Africa. Then you get done this trip before. Oh yeah, no doubt not on this ship. But I've done other ships. I've done that.
Speaker 1: And how many times do you say you dim this?
Speaker 6: Oh, saund yes, oh at least thirty times? And you believe in them both.
Speaker 1: You've never been Titanic.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, there's no Titanic anyway in the Atlantic Ocean. The coast got will get you in ten minutes.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 6: It ain't all that boat. That's bullshit. That's this movie ship. This rich motherfucker's on that boat. That boat ain't going nowhere. There's no there's nothing, there's nothing now mind you. Now come on now, Caribbean Cruises and.
Speaker 3: All that you the cruise. Do I get them, Oh yeah, no doubt. You get platinum gold status.
Speaker 4: Passengers, no doubt.
Speaker 1: But the triangle, the Bermuda Triangle. You ever been there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're in the part of the Bermuda Triangle.
Speaker 1: You've been to the right through it.
Speaker 3: Get the Bermuda.
Speaker 6: Triangle only acts up when when like you know you you have to go through that and like like it's like certain seasons where they say it's like hurricane season or this kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Look, everything gets me. The bottom line. You trust a boat more than a plane? No, no, no, okay, I.
Speaker 6: Trust me driving ship more than anything. I would prefer to get my own boat and sail across the sea myself. But I'm not going to settle for a small yacht. Like you know, I could do a small yacht right now, but that's not what I want. What I want is an actual ship that I could go across and that costs mad money. So I'm just holding out till I can get my own ship, and then I could I could see.
Speaker 2: Some motherfuckers want to buy planes. They want to ship, pay us one and more owner ship goddam.
Speaker 3: Straight up, no doubt.
Speaker 1: So you think I'm gonna give you this last one.
Speaker 3: It's the last question.
Speaker 2: Boxing don't have no representative, which means that if you're boxer, you make it, you make it. If you're a boxer, you don't make it, you're fucked up. There's no there's no reparations, there's no like you know, type of you know, to hold you down.
Speaker 1: Hip hop is the only other.
Speaker 2: I want to say, entertainment company that we might have thirty people, that's down with us.
Speaker 1: But when you go on that vocal ble for you go to perform that record, it's just you.
Speaker 2: Similar to boxing, we don't have nothing to representing us in hip hop. We hear that the president just recently met with these people to our lib quality brothers that we know busta rhyms. What do you think is our solution to make we need a hip hop You you wanted the life insurance or the health insurance.
Speaker 3: No, I'm even further than that now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well let me because like right now, like DC right, phenomenal guy lost his voice, there should have been health insurance that kind of helped him restore that.
Speaker 3: We didn't have that.
Speaker 2: And right now, because Jadakis said something on our podcast, he said, we're the only people who have a hip hop South, a hip hop regions. Well, there's no hip hop. There's no rock and rolls out, there's no rock and roll.
Speaker 4: Why are we segregating?
Speaker 1: Why are we say and do we need this?
Speaker 2: This this policies where we if HRC gets sick, we can go and help it.
Speaker 3: Do we need that?
Speaker 6: Yes we do, Yes we do, and and and and and I advocate it absolutely. Unity is the only thing we talked about, American unity. Let's let's tweak it down to hip hop unity. Hip hop is the greatest urban movement to hit human history. Let's just start human history. Okay, human history, Okay, hip hop breaking him seeing graffiti, DJ and beatboxing. You can add street fashion, language, knowledge, all of that, that movement in the hood. That that right there, hip hop is is what America really is. It's like the true declaration of Independence. It's what America is. But we got these old people. You ask me also about hip hop's old school. Okay, I have respect for the old school. We all we should. Those are the ancestors, those are the elders, those are the fathers, godfathers and so on. That's that's what it is, right. But when you don't do your job. You don't deserve the respect of the youth. Elders always asking for respect that they don't deserve me. I try to earn the respect of the youth. I don't look down on them. I think they're smarter than me. I think they're faster than me. I think they think of things beyond what I can think about.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 6: Of course I tell them, Hey, look, I'm the old head in the room, and I like that shit. I'm fifty. Fuck this shit, Okay, that's my shit. I got an AARP cord.
Speaker 1: Dude, got this.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. What fifty percent off hotels? What? Yo? Let me tell you. Okay, we yo, we're the eldest in this.
Speaker 6: Young people are supposed to look up to us and be like, Yo, that's what it means to be fifty in hip hop world. You got your knowledge downpack, your family straight, you got your money right, You're doing your thing. That's what young people need to see and see. More blueprint, the blueprint. Now we're gonna do it. Shows like this, your ship bringing people together right now as we speak. Right now, as we speak, dude is hearing what it is. What we gotta do is really unite And here's what it's gonna take. Here's you asked this about to stop the violence movement? About why brothers ain't doing that today? What like what we're so hard to do that today? Too much, too much competition, not enough cooperation. Okay, we live in a capitalist sidey we we we we live in a capitalist society where uh uh, where competition.
Speaker 3: Is the number one order of the day.
Speaker 6: So the young a train to kill the all so that you can get so that you could be what it is the younger train to kill the all? The all a train to kill the young so you can stay in power. Kill these young as as they coming up.
Speaker 2: What you take hip hop the only generation like you know, the brothers could talk forever.
Speaker 1: Why do they try to kill the older?
Speaker 3: Well, it's that it's that competition. It's still competition.
Speaker 6: Look when we start, when we stop thinking of hip hop as a music and start thinking of it as a culture, a nation.
Speaker 3: A community.
Speaker 6: When you start realizing that you are a nation, you're a sovereign nation, all we gotta do is unite.
Speaker 4: There's no ages, just just unite.
Speaker 6: Just here's the unity I hear it is. Let's print our own currency. All right, start right. This is the unity of any nation starts with trust. We print one hundred thousand dollars for every hip hop citizen in existence. We have a million citizens. We print one hundred million of our currency.
Speaker 3: We get.
Speaker 4: Currency.
Speaker 6: Right, he'll be a fifty cent I'm coming right now here. He'll be a fifty cent piece of fifties.
Speaker 3: Worth more than that.
Speaker 4: But what I'm saying, no, print our own currency.
Speaker 1: And let's see if the people spend that.
Speaker 4: No, they will. You'll be instantly rich.
Speaker 2: So instead of people buying albums, we give them, give them currency.
Speaker 6: Buy our currency, not an albums. Right, I forget selling an album.
Speaker 3: We did that. We know that game.
Speaker 6: Now let's sell currencies in which you got the KRS currency. And dude, be like, yo, this shit is worth this this week up against the American dollar against this is the end, up against the euro, up against the ship. Yo. Look, if you gave me one hundred thousand dollar, let's say you get no, let's say I gave you one hundred thousand Okay, I'll give you one hundred thousand hip hop currency currency Okay, hip hop.
Speaker 3: Now you're gonna spend it with my man.
Speaker 6: Right here, what we want is specialized people to have this money.
Speaker 3: Electricians. Right now, hip hop is old enough.
Speaker 6: We got doctors, lawyers, your ps workers, We got all kinds of entrepreneurs, okay, huge entrepreneurs. All we gotta do is trade our own currency with each other, with each other. This hip hop is it own stores, farms. Look due, funk that American dollar.
Speaker 4: D I here, I can't, can't.
Speaker 1: I wanted to see if you're gonna hit the blind.
Speaker 3: This is brown ship.
Speaker 6: No, no, I gotta be up till four in the morning to the plastic I'm noting its plastic.
Speaker 3: Ship.
Speaker 1: Ger enjoint. We gotta joint. We gotta joint.
Speaker 2: Somewhere around here, somewhere around your care rest. I love you so much much, man, Thank you so much for joining us and being a great sport.
Speaker 1: Took a drink, you even tried to smoke.
Speaker 3: You didn't want to drink.
Speaker 2: Bring you back to the old school. Dude, brother, I'm a dude. Pass over there, can pass it over there, that's the drink. We gotta take one picture with you over there, came green. There's no way I could thank you ever in my life.
Speaker 1: I'm be in your video.
Speaker 3: We have a home.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm being your video, but it's no way I can thank you ever in life.
Speaker 2: Because this is this is actually like one of the first hip hop albums I ever listened to.
Speaker 1: This man right here, one of the first.
Speaker 2: People that ever said that I thought about, Like my Mom's like what you're.
Speaker 1: Going to be in life? And I was just like, I don't know. I knew I couldn't be a teacher, not like you.
Speaker 4: But I am a teacher, but not like you.
Speaker 1: I'm a different teacher because I show him a different past. But if I've never already heard you, I would have never wanted to speak. I will never be here.
Speaker 2: Wow, you know what I'm saying. So Hakim Green, you know that's my brother. He called me, and when he called me, I said, I knew the number, but I hit him back.
Speaker 6: You know, I just said a record with hot called Madism Sucking.
Speaker 2: Madness, And he got a website. Right, come on, come over here, come over here, ahead, hit that money.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you shout out your website.
Speaker 9: Green, We got the madism dot org popping off, the Ultimate cannabis journal. You know you got to you got the Madism popping off internationally. It's big money right now. I want to make sure my people get a taste of that.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 9: So see us off at madism dot org. So you can keep up with all the latest grow techniques. You know what I mean. Grow When you say grow, listen, I'm talking about cannabis. I'm talking about that goodness, that chronic that. You know what we do, what we got going on? Your casts need to know how to grow for themselves. It's not not just about smoking it, but industrial head is a multi billion A pipe in the mail you got, Yeah, I got the whole. We got the hot box.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 9: How we are different ways of you know, the vapor, got, the smoke in the leaves, the paper, the blood, whole, we got the hot box. It's just a special way of inhaling.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean. It's real, real good is important.
Speaker 1: I got one more.
Speaker 4: Ye Are you a vegetarian?
Speaker 3: What are you? Yeah? Yes?
Speaker 1: So you don't eat no fish?
Speaker 4: No, I try to eat.
Speaker 3: I lean toward a vegetarian die, but I do eat fish. You eat fish? How about you?
Speaker 9: I'm not a vegetarian, right, but I am about my health. I do a lot of juicing and I say, you keep up with the bartender?
Speaker 3: Were trying? Happy about that? Trying up? Did I drink?
Speaker 4: You're running?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for bugging this saying my brother Yo, I called you Chris for the first time.
Speaker 4: In my life.
Speaker 1: I never called you Chris. No, no, what you know what it's through the records. It's like I never knew if I had the ability to call you Chris. Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: I appreciate with.
Speaker 1: Greatest sport you actually sat down and drink. I didn't think. I didn't think I was gonna be able to get away with it. Shout out to thank you so much everybody. Let's take this, Let's take speck.
Speaker 8: Drink Champs is a drink Champs LLC production hosts and executive producers n O r E and d J E f N.
Speaker 4: Listen to Drink.
Speaker 8: Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs hosted by yours truly, DJ E f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials that's at drink Champs across all platforms.
Speaker 3: At the real.
Speaker 5: Norriegon I g at Noriega on Twitter.
Speaker 4: Mine is at Who's Crazy on I g at dj e f N on Twitter, and
Speaker 5: Most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink Champs dot com