Speaker 1: Hey, guys, ready or not, twenty twenty four is here and we here at breaking points, are already thinking of ways we can up our game for this critical election.
Speaker 2: We rely on our premium subs to expand coverage, upgrade the studio ad staff, give you, guys, the best independent.
Speaker 3: Coverage that is possible.
Speaker 2: If you like what we're all about, it just means the absolute world to have your support. But enough with that, let's get to the show.
Speaker 3: Good morning, everybody, it is Thursday. We have a great show for everyone today. What do we have for sal.
Speaker 4: Indeed we do.
Speaker 1: Joe Biden facing a protester calling for a ceasefire. We will tell you his response. He made some news with that. We'll get into that and also additional American response. We also have a bit of a focus on what is going on in the West Bank. Of course, we know about the brutality in Gaza, but also violence escalating there as well, so we'll break that down for you what it could mean for the future of this conflict going forward.
Speaker 4: Also a lot going on with regard to Ukraine.
Speaker 1: Yes, Toms, both in terms of US public opinion, but also really the wheels kind of coming off internally and some signs of growing discontent from some people close to Zelensky.
Speaker 4: We will bring you all of that.
Speaker 1: Also, some really interesting general election polls RFK Junior getting like twenty two percent of the vote. This is massive, I mean, I feel like this is dramatically undercover at this point for a third party candidate to be polling this high. So we'll show you that breakdown of you know, who is helping, who's hurting, what it all means. Really fascinating there. We also have our first pull in the Democratic primary with new challengers janke Yuger.
Speaker 4: And Dean Phillips, so that is interesting note as well.
Speaker 1: And in the wake of the UAW scoring those big victories with regard to the Big Three, those tentative agreements, you already have reportedly Toyota, which of course is non union, responding to the pressure by upping the wages for their workers, and you have new union pressure being put on Tesla, So really interesting developments. They're also excited to be joined by James Zogby to talk about the dramatic, truly stunning fall in Arab American support for Biden's re elect Really fascinating stuff to get into that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm excited to talk to him.
Speaker 2: In particular, thanks to everybody who's been helping us out with premium subscription really helps us and supports us. We're all working overtime here with Israel Palistier making sure that we are bringing you the absolute best and most accurate news possible.
Speaker 3: So we want to start with that. This happened late last night.
Speaker 2: President Joe Biden was at a fundraiser in Minneapolis when he was confronted by a member who said that she was a rabbi and asked him to call for a cease fire.
Speaker 3: He made some major news in his response. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 5: I'm a rabbi. I need you to call for a seafire right now.
Speaker 2: There you can see the rabbi asked him for a ceasefire. Here is what he said, quote, I think that we need a pause. A pause means give time to get the prisoners out. Continuing quote, I am the guy that convinced BB to call for a ceasefire to let.
Speaker 3: The prisoners out.
Speaker 4: I don't even know what he wut with that.
Speaker 2: I'm the guy that talked to CC to convince him to open the door. Assuming he means the raw foot crossing the Heckler was then escorted out by security who was singing cease fire now on Gaza. He continued, quote, I understand the emotion. This is an incredibly complicated for the Israelis. It's incredibly complicated for the Muslim world as well. I supported a two state solution, I have from the beginning. The fact is the matter is that Hamasa a terrorist organization, a flat out terrorist organization. Look, the big news out of that is when he said I support a pause or a humanitarian pause. I believe that's previous language that the administration has used, but is still I mean, the problem with Biden is is this an official change of US policy? Is this going to come from the State Department? Or is this off the cuff at a fund.
Speaker 4: It just trying to placate the person who's in there exactly.
Speaker 2: This man has made so many pronouncements. I mean, I feel recall remember whenever he said that we were on the brink of nuclear armageddon and closer than nineteen sixty during Ukraine, again at a fundraiser with no camera.
Speaker 3: The only reason we even know about this lady.
Speaker 2: In the protester is because somebody happened to be filming it, which you're not even supposed to do at one of these fundraisers, is completely behind the veil we find out, you know, in these offhanded like transcripted I've been that person before. I can't imagine being her, having to sit there and transcribe the president's remarks on your phone and making sure that you're one hundred percent get it right before we send it out for every.
Speaker 3: Word rest of the world.
Speaker 2: That's why, you know, mister President, if you believe that, then give a damn press conference and say it on the cameras. We're making sure that we don't misquote you or anything. Yeah, haphazard nature that Joe Biden, regardless, that is a still massive change in US policy. If it is a change in US policy.
Speaker 4: I have a lot to say about this.
Speaker 1: So, first of all, it looks like the group that organized this protest, and by the way, Biden faced a variety of protest while he was in Minnesota. In Minneapolis, which of course is you know, one of the hubs actually of Muslim life in America.
Speaker 4: With Jewish Voice for Peace.
Speaker 1: So they're the people who posted the video of Rabbi Jessica Rosenberg interrupting Biden calling for the ceasefire, and they were part of the groups that were staging protests all around Minneapolis to coincide with his trip.
Speaker 4: That's number one.
Speaker 1: Number two very noteworthy that while Biden was in Minneapolis, which, as I just said, major hub of Muslim American life, huge Muslim community there, he did not meet with a single Muslim leader, and they took note of that. In Minnesota, a swing state. Of course, there's also a large and significant Muslim population in Michigan as well. So we'll get into some war of this with James Agby on the politics of how all this is going for Biden. Okay, so that's one piece. Another pieces, this whole humanitarian pause thing is such utter and complete made up bullshit, like have you ever heard this phrase? But for no, never, this is not a thing that like exists that you know, Oh, of course you call for the humanitarian pause. It's total vague liberal ass covering. So they have something to say when faced with the fact that, oh, I don't know, you've got two point three million people facing a medieval siege and you have more babies children killed in this three weeks of the conflict than you have had in every international conflict in all of the twenty twenties. So this is what Bernie Sanders has decided he's going to say.
Speaker 4: This is what.
Speaker 1: Tony Blinken had already made some noise about this. There was already some indication that this was the new Biden administration line. And so now you have Biden here, you know, with this vague like we need a pause to get the prisoners out, whatever that means.
Speaker 4: It really is completely utterly.
Speaker 1: Meaningless, especially when you aren't applying any of the considerable pressure and leverage that we have to achieve this undefined pause, Like how long is the pause?
Speaker 4: What is the pause for?
Speaker 1: Does that mean after you know, okay, stop bombing for half a day and then we go back to giving them money to bomb the people at palsying Like that is basically completely an utterly meaningless and like I said, was probably drafted on some zoom call here in DC by some sort of think tank to give liberals some way that they can pretend like they actually care about the bloodshed that's going on here.
Speaker 2: I think that everybody understands exactly what we're talking about here, and or everybody understands that they're trying to have it like multiple twisted different ways, and it sounds just as tortured as it actually is. So is it an official change in US policy. We'll see, as Trump used to say. What we do know though, is that there are some serious and very troubling discussions going on behind the scenes. Let's go and put this up there on the screen. So this was a I guess trial balloon that has been floated and leaked out where there is some plan that is currently being discussed at least at a pretty high level between the United States, Israel, and the rest of the world, where they are weighing peace peacekeepers for the Gaza strip after Hamas is destroyed in this in this hypothetical world, well, these multinational forces would incclude American, UK and French troops AK NATO, and another option would quote put Gaza under the United Nations oversight. And again this is a joint possibility that is being discussed at the highest level of the United States and in Israel to put American forces on the ground in Gaza as peacekeepers. So I can first of all just say hell no to that. This is Israel's problem. Israel breaks it, they can buy it, and they can occupy it for as long as they want to take all the attenuated casualties, because we don't need anything the hell to do with this un peacekeepers. I mean, come on, name a single situation with that has actually worked out, just completely ridiculous. Then basically they're turning to the P five plus one. They're looking at US, UK, Germany and France. I mean, and where are the Arab troops in all of this? So there's so many levels to this insane plan. But the TLDR of it is Israel wants to you know, what, how many? What percent of Gaza has already gone a quarter last time I checked, So to New York Times analysis based on satellite imagery that just came out yesterday, they destroyed already a quarter of all of Gaza. So let's say at the end of this, what do we got at best fifty percent? It's like you deal with it. We are not stepping in to clean up your mess and have thousands of our troops who are stationed there. I mean, I can't even imagine the four the amount of forces that it would take to secure two point three million people. I don't remember off the top of my head what the population of Iraq was. But at the time, the calculation for what it should have taken was half a million American soldiers. That would have been How on the ground if we were to properly occupy quote unquote that country and have some sort of have actual peace and store security. We had one hundred and fifty thousand, and we all we know we failed miserably on the initial invasion. So this thing, and what shocks me crystal is the lack of attention and outrage that it has not garnered in official Washington. These are American US UK forces. First of all, we have way.
Speaker 3: Better things to do than occupy Gaza.
Speaker 2: But I don't think anyone has taken seriously what it would actually take to do this. Now we are responsible for restoring security in this place insanity.
Speaker 1: Well not to mention like you can frame them as quote unquote peacekeepers. How are the Palestinians and Gaza going to view that force? That's what I'm talking And then we're the occupiers directly. I mean, it's bad enough it's our bombs that are hitting them. Okay, that's horrifying enough. And we're funding the occupying force now directly US troops are going to be on the ground as the occupying force. Even if you don't care about the morality, think of how that impacts.
Speaker 4: Our security situation.
Speaker 3: That's wrong.
Speaker 4: Then I mean that we become direct target.
Speaker 1: Then you know, all these people who are very you know, really stretching the truth about what Hamas's aims are and how it's a risk to us, et cetera. Like, then yeah, we are directly at risk. We are directly the subject of their ares, you know, as if we aren't already putting ourselves in that position by how strongly we're backing Israel and all.
Speaker 4: Of this to begin with.
Speaker 1: So yeah, the fact that this is being floated, the things that are being floated behind the scenes, and these little trial balloons that are being put out there, like the other one that we reported on the other day, and we have some updates on of like maybe we just go ahead and do the whole ethnic cleansing and push all the Palestinians out into the Sinai desert into tense cities.
Speaker 4: What do you guys think.
Speaker 1: Let's put it down to the population, see how it goes, See how the Americans feel about it. See if we can pressure Egypt through their debt status to try to go along with all of this. This is why, you know, how we feel about what Israel is entitled to do. How are we feel about watching this horrific carnage unfold. You have to keep in mind that israel stated aims here number one make no sense. Okay, if you actually are trying to go after Hamas Hamas leadership, most of Hamas's leadership is sitting in Qatar, like, do a deal with guitar and go arrest their asses. Go do that instead of bombing multiple times the same refuge g camp and massacring probably hundreds of Palestinians just in that one instance. We don't have casualty numbers, just to be totally clear. Instead of that, like, if you actually care about Hamas leadership, this is not the way you go about it.
Speaker 4: This is just about revenge.
Speaker 1: Let me inflict brutality because that is you know, in the wake of this horrific October seventh attack, that's what the public's calling for. Net you Yeaho's desperate to hold on do his power. That's what they're doing, and there is no thought about what comes after, and the thoughts that are have been developed and formulated about what's comes after are horrifying.
Speaker 4: So that's where we are.
Speaker 1: And you know the fact that this just is this little note in Bloomberg and no one really pays attention to it is insane to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, completely insane. It's not just Bloomberg.
Speaker 2: I mean this was all leaked at the highest levels the Israeli press of Bloomberg. I know the reporters behind this. These are incredibly well sourced people. They're at the White House, they know what they are doing. This is a well sanctioned leak. This is not and also let's speak clear. It wasn't denied by the White House or the State Department or the Pentagon. So plans are being drawn up and we can talk counterinsurgency, we could talk removal of hamas and all of that, but we only need to make it very very clear we are not getting involved in this period boots on the ground inside of Gadza. We had well enough experience in Iraq and we I think all of us have had plenty enough. And this is where it's like red, absolute red line in the sand that needs to be drawn. I'm not delusional. I know that you know that will never happen. Our American political leadership doesn't have the courage to say any of these things at this moment, which is, you know, it's shocking and ridiculous and troubling even and of itself. But let's give people an idea of what they're alread planning. We'll put this up there on the screen. This is from Haratz again in Israeli organization. Guys, please keep this up. This is a map that just shows you the amount of US military equipment that is currently in the Middle East right now. We are talking about the twenty six Marine Expeditionary Unit, two thousand, five hundred marines, three ships. We're talking about multiple destroyers, two carrier strike groups. We've got two aircraft carriers, guided missile ships that surround them, multiple US Air Force heavy lifters, fifty civilian cargo planes. We've got evacuation preparation flight sitting in Lebanon.
Speaker 3: We've got multiple.
Speaker 2: Air assets which are again as I described, the P five plus one powers in addition to some other Europeans, on top of the Patriot and the THAD missile defense systems, on top of multiple other air units that we have all spread acrout across the region.
Speaker 3: This is like the last time we had this.
Speaker 2: Amount of force that was masked in this we invaded Iraq. Just look very clearly at what they're prepping for. I don't know what it is, Okay, you know we haven't seen the second front materialize yet in Lebanon. You know, hopefully it never happens, but they're ready certainly if it does. But if you put these pieces of news together, you can begin to see they're preparing for something far more significant than Hamas.
Speaker 3: You don't need F sixteens.
Speaker 2: And aerial refueling tankers and carrier strike groups to go after Hamas.
Speaker 3: You don't even need that to go after Hezbolad. You know who you need it. You need to go after Iran.
Speaker 2: You need to go after conventional military forces, and clearly they are very worried about it. I also would be remiss if I didn't mention. I think Counterpoints covered this yesterday as well, where the Egyptians came out yesterday and they said, we will quote sacrifice millions to make sure that nobody comes out on our territories. We're talking about the return of a conflict between Israel and between Egypt. I mean, this is This is very troubling rhetoric. When an Egyptian dictators come in out and saying We're going to sacrifice millions of our people to protect our sovereignty in our territory. You should pay attention considering that they fought multiple wars against Israel in the past, and that all US foreign policy for the last five decades has been centered around let's make sure that never ever happens again. And instead we're going in the opposite direction. We're going in the opposite treamer.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is the reason why we give Egypt and Israel so freaking much aid. That was the whole idea, The whole idea of the amount of aid we give Israel is supposed to be peace for security. Where's the peace part of that? That part just got left to the side. And again it's really important to keep in mind, like the Natanyahu government, they make no bones about it, they do not want a Palestinian state. They will go to great lengths, including propping up a muss which they have been doing, to avoid the even possibility of a Palestinian state. In that report, that analysis that was leaked from an Israeli government Ministry of possible solutions, solutions after their war on Gaza. One of them was the one they said was the most ideal, was to push everybody out into the Sinai Desert. They evaluated the idea of having Palestinian authority come in and take over Gaza, which has a whole lot of issues, which we'll get into too in a minute when we talk more about the West Bank. But they said this is an ideal because then that opens up the possibility of Palestinian statehood. So they would rather have Hamas in place than the possibility of Palestinian statehood. So just keep that in mind in terms of where we are with this Israeli government and really all of society. I mean, there barely is a left or a liberal Israeli political force left, certainly within the Kanesset when you look at that map. I'm no military expert, but this is the analysis from Haratz. The breadth of deployment attests to multiple considered scenarios, a multidirectional missile attack on Israel, a second northern front between Israel and hesbla escalation into a regional war, and finally, consideration of the need to evacuate thousands of Western citizens, and I would presume that's in the event that you do have this escalation into this. To call it a regional war, I think is to undersell it a bit, because if you're talking about all of these countries, some of whom have really considerable militaries, getting into a war and the alliances that they already have in place, we're really not talking about a regional war there. We're talking about something much larger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're talking about a massive war. And Secretary of blinkoln made some troubled comments also yesterday. Let's take a listen. This is what he said before Congress.
Speaker 6: Let's do a thought experiment. Hamas, at some point in the future is disabled. I think eliminating is a rhetorical flourish that puts us in a position where we will never stop fighting against some offshoots, some first cousin of Hamas someplace on the planet. So let's stipulate that the objective is to disable them to the point where they cannot pose a threat. Who runs Gaza?
Speaker 7: I think we have a two shoals, if you will. One is we can't have a reversion of the status quo with Hamas running Gaza. We also can't have and the Israelis start with this proposition themselves, Israel running or controlling Gaza. That's not their intent, that's what they want to do, and it's not something that would be be supported. So in between those shoals are a variety of possible permutations that we're looking at very closely now, as are other countries. At some point let me let me be more precise sure, at some point, what would make the most sense would be for a.
Speaker 8: Effective and.
Speaker 7: Revitalized Palestinian authority to have governance and ultimately security responsibility for Gaza. Whether you can get there in one step is a big question that we have to look at. And if you can't, then there are are other temporary arrangements that may involve a number of other countries in the region. It may involve international agencies that would help provide for both security and governance. Ultimately, though, beyond that is what we come back to what this administration believes, which is the imperative of getting to two states for two people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're talking about nation building. Let's just be very real about this.
Speaker 2: Regime change, regime change and nation building, all of this name one time the United States has been able to do this successfully in the last thirty years. Don't throw Germany in Japan at me. Okay, it's been a long time. And also I don't think you want to look at the price tag.
Speaker 4: I was going to say, we're.
Speaker 1: Going to talk about Marshall Plan, how much money we spent or rebuild those guys.
Speaker 2: You know what's interesting, we actually spent more inflation adjusted on Ukraine than we did on the Marshall Plan.
Speaker 3: But that's a whole other conversation. But I've got a lot of comments on that.
Speaker 2: But point being, we are talking about nation building, fake international coalition. First, the UN can't even agree on what the hell to do. But right now on a ceasefire, you think we're gonna agree on how to administer Gaza get out of here, and then it becomes a question of like who are these entities? Who is now responsible for this mess? It's very simple. What's gonna happen is Israel is gonna blow if they accomplish this. Gaza as we know it is, as we already know, is gone, but it's gonna be even more gone by the time that we get to this stage. And then they're gonna pull out and be like, hey, international community, come fix this. And the plan right now is only the Americans, the UK and the French are dumb enough to be like, you know what, we'll do it, even though we would be the occupying force.
Speaker 3: And then what's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: We're going to start taking all the same incoming that we used to take in Afghanistan when we were doing this, and we'll send in these USAID idiots and we'll be like, we'll build you a well as long as you love us, and they're like, yeah, totally, just give us the money and then we'll shoot at you on your way out and then thirty years later we'll be a billion dollars trillion dollars or whatever in the hole. And the Israelis are sitting there laughing because we're dumb enough to do this, Like, absolutely not from the get go. It should be a demand and red line should be drawn. They're like, we're not doing this. You are responsible, and by that you can get your ass on a plane and go to Riod and to you know where, Tehran, wherever you need to go, Jordan, Aman, and you guys can figure this out.
Speaker 3: Because this is a regional problem.
Speaker 2: The US will help you, but we are not going to be backstopping and security guaranteeing all this stuff for Gaza. And you know, all of this is it almost seems fanciful because, as we were just talking about while the clip was playing, the idea that they could truly rid Gaza of Hamas just seems ludicrous at this point. I mean, it's possible, it's certainly possible. Does Israel really want to take you know, fifty thousand.
Speaker 3: Casualties in Gaza?
Speaker 2: I'm honestly dubious that that is even politically sustainable or possible or not even that in terms of Israel and in Gaza. I'm doing is whether the international community doesn't escalate to a much broader level at that point. So maybe all of this is a moot conversation, but we are all of the crumbs. The crumbs for the disaster in Iraq were laid well before we ever invaded. In fact, many smart people predicted exactly what was going to happen far before the invasion. We are at the same point where we need to read all the tea leaves for what the plans are and all that. And you know, a year two years from now, when all this stuff starts materializing in these possible scenarios, and we like, see they told us years before, they told us.
Speaker 1: Put a eight up on the screen, guys, because this speaks to the other possibility, which is the one that Israel has really been pushing, which is and this was laid out by a think tank aligned with the government, is also laid out in the government ministry report that we brought to you before. Where the idea is you basically first, and this.
Speaker 4: Goes in phases.
Speaker 1: Phase number one is you push everybody out of northern Gaza. That's already happened. I mean, there are still people there who couldn't flee and who are sheltering in hospitals, et cetera. But evacuation order has already come down, even though they're still bombing southern Gaza.
Speaker 4: Okay, then you do the ground vane.
Speaker 1: Then you push everybody out of southern Gaza, and you pressure Egypt and use the US to help pressure Egypt to take in all of the Palestinians and completely displace them from the Gaza strip. These are the detendants of refugees who went through the original Nakma, so the full like second Nakba is their ideal plan now one way. Now, you may think, and this is something we talked about before. Egypt and CECI have already said hell no, absolutely not off the table. CEC told this to blink Intua his face, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 4: Well, here's the.
Speaker 1: Leverage they want to use, which is really gross. They're proposing writing off a significant chunk of Egypt's considerable international debts through the world to entice the cash strapped government to open its doors for displaced Palestinians. That's the point of leverage, reportedly that they want to use. And they even have said in some of these documents like listen, yeah, sure, right now they're saying, no way, we don't want you know, we don't want these refugees, and we're not going to deal with it, and you know, we're not going to be part of this full ethnic cleansing of the Gaza strip, et cetera, et cetera. But you know, you come a year down the road and the pressure is mounting over these debts and the other scenarios, as we've just been laying out, are sort of preposterous and ridiculous. They are betting on people's minds changing and this becoming, you know, essentially a FATA complee where there is no other real option available. And I think that is a very real possibility as well. So that's what they're really banking on, you know, the US, I don't know if they're I don't I can't believe they're this stupid, but they're sort of floating and pushing behind the scenes, like maybe the ideal thing is for the Palestinian Authority to men in rule Gaza. Palestonine authority has been so neutered in the West Bank it has no credibility if there is no way that it is in a position to govern Gazai, not a chance. And as I mentioned before, the net Nahoo government and not just net Yahoo by the way, like Vaswass of the Kanesset, have no interest in having any sort of unity between the West Bank and between the Gaza strip. Why because that creates the possibility of a Palestinian statehood and that is something they are so opposed to that they were willing to backome Us and risk exactly the type of atrocity that ended up unfolding. So to them it's completely off the table. And again it's fanciful to think that the PA would even be capable of pulling this off to start with. So there are there are really zero good options here for what comes after. And then you raised an important point Socergn. It reminds me so much of this just reminds me of the way all of the War on Terror stuff unfolded. War on Terror, well, that is an incredibly squishy concept, and we've seen the way that the powers we gave our government during that time have been now used to like wage war wherever they want, whatever they want without consulting us all over the world. Hamas is also a very squishy concept. I would like to hear someone in the Israeli government define exactly what they mean when they talk about quote unquote hamas, because then we're going to get to this in a minute. You know, you have quite a number of Israeli government officials at this point defining hamas as literally everyone in Gaza. You have a Republican member of Congress who seems to be defining hamas in that same way. So when we're talking about eliminating hamas, what exactly does that even mean based on their words? You know, it's a pretty scary possibility of what they're laying out here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's an important point, and it actually takes us back just you know, we're talking about Iraq.
Speaker 3: We're talking about lessons. One of the things that America probably the single biggest mistake.
Speaker 2: Other than invading in the first place, that we made in Iraq, is that we went in and anybody who belonged to the Bath Party aka the Saddam regime, We're like, no, you're done. It's called it's called debath of acasion. And you know that's on paper. You're like, oh, that makes sense. The bad guys also, they're like, oh wait, all the teachers are gone, Oh wait, the police are gone, oh wait, we're disbanding the everybody who knows how to do literally anything, and all of civil society. And then three months later, lo and behold, all these guys start to become terrorists and shoot at American soldiers like, oh, shocking, it's absolutely shocking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we took her job.
Speaker 1: They're still armed and equipped and trained, and what do you think is going to happen?
Speaker 2: Thank you, mister President Bush. These are some lessons that we should really not forget. It wasn't that long ago, guys, It was only twenty years, and yet we're repeating all the same same mistakes and it's just, you know, ridiculous.
Speaker 3: But let's move on.
Speaker 2: There's another important point of news here that we don't want to forget that's part of all this, which is Americans who are currently inside of Gaza. Initially we talked a little bit about it. It's been more than three weeks now at this point and they're still not out of Gaza, which bears so many questions about why and how and why does this take me so long? Only just yesterday we can go and put this up there on the screen. The Rafa crossing from Gaza into the Sinai Peninsula in Egypt opened for the first time. You can see some of the crowds here of people being allowed out into the Rafa crossing. These are mostly foreign passport holders, but there's a lot of questions crystal as to why no American passport holders were allowed to pass through. Nobody still actually is aware. It appears that the Americans are The Americans are telling them that the passing will come soon. Can we put a nine please up there on the screen, just so people can say that US citizens were excluded from the list of approved foreign nationals. The attorney for the Massachusetts family tells a news They say that nationals permitted to cross were from Japan, Austria, Bulgaria, Indonesia, Jordan, Australia, the Czech Republic, and Finland. So it's an open question here of whether these people are being held hostage or not. Now President Biden is claiming that we expect American citizens to depart today, but he said that yesterday, and as of now the shooting of our show, it's morning time, which means this afternoon or sometime in Israel or in Gaza right now, from what we can see, that has not yet happened. So there is an open question as to the success even of this so called deal that they've had Crystal to get these people out. On top of that, there were some seventy six critically injured Palestinians that were allowed to go through to go to a hospital. But the vast majority and pretty much the only people who are going to be coming through that crossing are very very critically injured people and foreign passport holders period.
Speaker 3: But our citizens remain inside of this country.
Speaker 2: And again so the hypocrisy of the press, just like everybody cared about all these American citizens in Afghanistan, like Joe Biden left them behind all this. These are our citizens sitting in God, there's five hundred of them. Where are they? We have no clue. You know, they could be dead for all we know at this point.
Speaker 4: That's fairy true.
Speaker 1: According to State Department spokesperson, yesterday, Matthew Millery said an initial group of foreign nationals, including some US citizens, departed Gaza through Rafa Dei said today that was yesterday, so they claimed some Americans went through, but the reporting suggests the bulk of Americans still remain in Gaza. The reporter goes on to note doesn't say if they were dual nationals using other passports. That's a possibility, is that you know they were what were the lists Japanese and American passport holders, and so they were able to get out because they were Japanese passport We don't know. Yeah, does not answer a question whether it was a handful or more. And again the Biden administration saying that the bulk of them will be allowed to leave today. We'll see if that ultimately unfolds. And some of the reporting also suggested that it was kind of intentional from the US that they wanted to wait and see how this crossing went, whether it was safe, whether it was actually possible to achieve. So definitely something that we want to keep our eye on. You can understand from Israel's perspective, they have a lot of incentive to want this crossing to occur because obviously, for you know, their big ally, the United States of America, this was a really point of pressure here and on discomfort. I mean, the number of Americans who are at risk of dying in these bombings is relatively significant, so that's what's going on there, you know. I also want to you mentioned the the number of dozens of injured, critically injured Palestinians who were allowed out to these field hospitals in the Sinai Desert in Egypt. And I am glad that they were able to get out and get treatment because most many of the hospitals in Gaza have already shut down at this point, the very latest. But this a ten up on the screen. This hospital, which was the only place, the Turkish Palestinian Friendship Hospital in Gaza, this was the only hospital remaining that performs cancer treatments. This has now shut down We're now at a place where sixteen of the Gaza Strip's thirty five hospitals are already out of service, as are more than fifty of Gaza's seventy two primary healthcare clinics. This is all just to underscore the seventy some critically injured who were able to go to this Egyptian field hospital. I mean, this is less than a drop.
Speaker 4: In the bugget it. Really.
Speaker 1: It's really in line with, you know, the liberal ass covering of the Oh, we quote unquote want a humanitarian pause, We're not going to do anything to achieve it, and it doesn't really mean anything even if we did, but that's what we want. Or we really hope that Israel follows international law, even as we already know from the jump, the minute they announced we're going to do a complete like medieval siegure, we know they're not following international law. But still three weeks later, we're still hand ringing with Warren sending on twists. G I hope, I really hope they'll follow international law. This, you know, Egyptian Field Hospital appears to be the same level of bullshit, minimal ass covering something you can point to or the other one I would put in this saga is like, oh, we increase the number of aid trucks from making these numbers up, but they're pathetically small numbers from like twenty to twenty five. Aren't we so amazing? Look at how humanitarian we are. Meanwhile, the UN is like they need one hundred trucks of aid every single day if you're going to be even close to providing sufficient resources for a population that is being starved and dehydrated and has no fuel as we speak. So just keep that in mind when you see and I saw that, you know, New York Times and watch they were all in on this, like, oh, seventy people got treatment in the Egyptian desert. Compare that to the number of people injured, let alone killed. It is it is pathetically insufficient, pathetically insufficient.
Speaker 2: And you know, it also comes after I know that Ryan and Emily did job talking about some of this yesterday. Yeah, we've got some of this that we can put, you know, up there on the screen that just shows you some of the damage that continues inside of Gaza, and this is the daily reality now at this point, it almost you know, it's difficult because it just shows you that we are slow walking ourselves to a point of something.
Speaker 3: You know, this is an unsustainable situation.
Speaker 2: Where we've got air strikes that are dropping international outcry. After this refugee camp was bombed, the Israelis say that there was a Hamas terrorists that was inside of the refugee camp. But I think, really what this highlights, as you were talking, you know, with the Rafa crossing, with this US peacekeeper plan and more, is someone has got to deal with this and we are either going to get to that final point. You know, it's very unlikely in my opinion, without it just breaking into an open, full scale international crisis, and the war drums are beating, the tension is high, the international situation. I mean, things are crumbling in a way that most Americans don't really seem to comprehend. The Jordanians, their neighbor kicked out the Israeli ambassador, they said, get the hell out of here.
Speaker 3: I just checked.
Speaker 2: The Bahrain just did the exact same thing, where a budget US troops are just so you know, Yemen, whatever the Hoothy government or whatever, has officially.
Speaker 3: Declared war on Israel, whatever that means.
Speaker 2: Turkey, we have freaking aridiwan out there in Turkish being like, hey, maybe we'll go to war with Israel. The Egyptians are telling us we're willing to lose millions of people to keep people off of our soil. It's like every single actor, Nucerella, by the way, the leader of Hezbola, he is expected to make an appearance in a statement sometime soon. It could either be today or tomorrow. That's what some of the reporting coming out of Lebanon is. The Iranians, the foreign minister. You know, they've made several We've got multiple US troops now who've got TBIs traumatic brain injuries, We've had evacuated positions, and then on top of that, we've got all this firepower which is in the region.
Speaker 3: The stage is set. You know, things don't just happen all at once.
Speaker 2: They build up. But if you can read carefully what's happening, all of the you know, all of the ingredients in the powder keg have been assembled.
Speaker 3: It just takes the match. Who knows what that is. Nobody ever knows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you learn from history, but it's like all it takes is the assemblage, and then the possibility now starts to reach like ten thirty forty fifty.
Speaker 3: We're rapidly approaching the coin toss.
Speaker 4: The match may already have been lit for all we do.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 1: I mean, they hit that that refugee camp where they claimed there was one Hamas guy that they initially claimed, oh, we got him, and then they proceeded to bomb the same refugee camp two more times. That was enough of a like clear atrocity that even Wolf Blitzer, who used to be.
Speaker 4: With Apak, Yeah, I read that was you guys.
Speaker 1: I'm sure probably watch that on Counterpoints or somewhere else yesterday as well. Even he was like, you knew there were women and children there and you still bombed it. And the IDF guy was like, eh, it's the cost of war.
Speaker 3: Cost of war.
Speaker 1: It's just just imagine, just imagine if we were talking about Israeli citizens, and would.
Speaker 4: You bomb an entire neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Of tens of thousands of people to get one Hamaskay if those were Israeli citizens, Not a chance. And so yeah, this the powder keg is lit. We have already stated clearly, all of Biden's like oh, humanitarian pause or whatever nonsense aside. The most clear state we made is we've given Israel no red lines, and that's very clear. And even if you do not care about the Palestinians who are being massacred, that is extraordinarily dangerous for the world and for our own security as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Look, I mean, I'll be honest, that's mostly the framework that I take. I don't really I mean, I care about all people. I care about our people the most, just from a political perspective in terms of what we have a responsibility to. And I got to be all I got to say this too for all of the veterans. And know a lot of veterans watched this show. The United States military, we had a lot of bad things that we did, mostly in the Drone War whenever it came to this, but the way that we behaved in Iraq, I feel so validated in so many of our troops who went out of their way. Now I'm not saying that there weren't many atrocities, but many of our troops the official rules of engagement, especially two thousand and five and all that onward, they put their lives on the line to try and protect the civilian populace in Iraq and more and more, I'm watching g Watt veterans, people who served in Iraq and Afghanistan, who are honestly shocked at the way that some of these Raelies are conducting themselves. They're like, we would never do never, we would never conduct ourselves this way in Iraq and in Afghanistan. Again, there have been problems, and a lot of it actually was the drone war, when we didn't have troops on the ground and.
Speaker 3: Or targets, remote controls the hotel.
Speaker 2: Nobody really knows what's going on. Those were some of the bigger mistakes. So a lot I think a lot of veterans out there should be proud of the way that they conducted themselves whenever they were actually engaged in a full scale operation.
Speaker 3: Because watching this, I'm like.
Speaker 2: There's no way the United States military this is anathema, and I think a lot of people know that in terms of the way that we fought.
Speaker 4: I'll take it one further.
Speaker 1: The brutality we've seen in the short period of time puts Russia to shane and their atrocious conduct in Ukraine, like the level of total disregard for civilian life, the willingness to level an entire refugee camp where you know there are so many children, so many women, the proportion of Hamas fighters of actual combatants that they're killing versus civilians. I mean, this is it's astonished. It is truly shocking, and that's why you see liberals getting uncomfortable. They want to have, you know, they want to have this language about a humanitarian pause or whatever, because it's Undeniaed saw Chris van Holland yesterday, like he personally knows a family who have lost loved ones in this conflict. They weren't Hamas, they.
Speaker 4: Weren't terrorists, they were just regular people.
Speaker 1: And so I mean, the horror of this is shocking and again for the whole world, extremely dangerous. Let's go ahead and transition into what's going on in the West Bank. Counterpoints talked about some of this yesterday. This is really important and we hadn't gone into it. So I want to make sure people understand what's going on here as well. The West Bank is absolutely also a powder keg right now, and you have had even before the October seventh massacre from Hamas, even before then, you had a huge increase in violence settler attacks on residents of the West Bank. And basically the idea here is that you know, the net Nowhoo government, they don't want a Palestinian state. And so over decades and long before the net Yahoo government too, by the way.
Speaker 4: They slowly, slowly, slowly.
Speaker 1: Encroach on Palestinian land, build more settlements, build more illegal settlements, build more illegal settlements, and they really want to push all of the Palestinians out of this area they call Area See and leave them with like basically a quarter of the West Bank, the most densely populated areas.
Speaker 4: And they use a variety of mechanisms to achieve this.
Speaker 1: Partly they use this like bureaucratic process of technical laws and jargon. That's like they don't give Palestinians any building permits and then they'll like condemn their buildings and push them off their land that way. And that's this like slow, bloodless but still horrifying process of pushing Palestinians off of their land. And then they also enabled by the state directly by IDF soldiers, these Jewish settler extremists will go in and using violence directly push people off of their land. And that is the piece that has dramatically, dramatically accelerated, especially during this conflict. But all years this has been developing. This is enough of a concern that even our State Department is starting to warn about what's going on here. Let's take a listen to State Department spokesperson Matthew Miller talking about the violence of the West Bank.
Speaker 9: We consistently and unequivocally condemn all acts of terrorism and violence and the target of civilians, including the recent attacks by Israeli extremist settlers in the West Bank. Israel must take measures to protect Palestinians from such attacks and to hold accountable any settlers who carry out attacks, as well as any members of the Israeli defense forces who stand by or fail to intervene when these attacks occur. And I will just say that we have made clear privately to the Israeli government and publicly that these attacks are unacceptable, they need to stop, and those responsible need to be held accountable.
Speaker 1: If we could go to a four, just so I can show you the numbers of what's going on here. We've had one hundred and fifteen Palestinians in the occupy West Bank killed, more than two thousand injured, nearly one thousand others forcibly displaced from their homes just since October seventh, These are not Hamas numbers, These are not PA numbers. This is according to the UN. So in this short several week period of time, one hundred and fifteen killed. Among the dead are thirty three children. And I want you to understand when we're talking about Jewish settler violence, and you know, these threats that sometimes you know, result directly in murders, sometimes just result just quote unquote in Palestinians being pushed off the land. Sometimes it's land that they've farmed for, you know, hundreds of years them and their ancestors. A majority of these attacks by Jewish settlers, again according to the UN, are directly backed and protected by the Israeli military. So IDF soldiers are they're they're enabling this. Ben Gavie actually at the beginning of the hostilities on October seventh, he distributed rifles mostly to the Jewish settlers. You can imagine what they're going to use them for. And so this is a process that has dramatically accelerated that it's horrifying that the US is very concerned about. And you know, we say, like, oh, we hope this is Raeli government will do something about the Israeli government is like actively backing this. This is not a surprise to them. They are involved in this process and long have been involved directly in pushing this process. Let's get to the second element in this block. We talk some about, you know, the idea of the Palestinian Authority coming in and being able to take.
Speaker 4: Over Gaza, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 1: This was an important report for the LA time, so people can understand some of the nuance here. Sager of how Palestinians feel about the PA in the West Bank, and they freaking hate them. And the reason they hate them is because they feel like they are just collaborating with the occupying force. And they also feel like and I don't think this is just a feeling. I think this is reality that as these rampages have been occurring, the Palestinia authority does nothing about it. You know, they have no one. There is no one there that will protect them. There is no authority they can go to. There's no police department they can go to. There is no judge they can go to. There is no institution that they can go to that is going to say we're going to protect you from having these extremists come with guns and push you off your land.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The problem for the Palestinian authority is, like you said, they don't have any authority.
Speaker 3: They haven't.
Speaker 2: I mean the last time they were elected was two thousand and five.
Speaker 3: And the Old War, and now they you.
Speaker 2: Know, they keep scheduling elections and then they don't happen. They're effectively looked at from the Palestinian people, either fairly or unfairly. You can decide as a prop by the West and by Israel as some sort of legitimate authority that you can just put in front of the UN and be like, see we got Palisin.
Speaker 4: We're working with the Palestini.
Speaker 3: See President Biden is a meeting with them.
Speaker 2: And look, some of these people they have a long time like they're caught in a rocking hard place because they at least they get representation, right Like they can sit in front of the President of the United States and they can deal with them, but they don't have increasing democratic legitimacy. The reason why I think that we are spending time on this is because we want people to understand that the more violence that occurs here, the more the people in the West Bank are going to look away from the PA as a legitimate authority on their behalf, and they are going to turn to Hamas.
Speaker 3: I brought this up previously. Hamas has a very high approval rating.
Speaker 2: The last time that there was a poll in the West Bank that was pre the conflict in Gaza. Just to be totally honest, I mean that does validate them. Is really talking points, but I do think it is true. The reason why is because they're seen as these people will fight, you know, these people will do this on our behalf.
Speaker 3: We've tried decades.
Speaker 2: Now at this point, almost fifteen seventeen years with people who are nonviolent and listen, I want it to be non violent and I want it to be good. But the unfortunate reality is that from their perspective, they are clearly losing legitimacy, especially the more that they face violence. I think that's what makes it such a powder kick, because imagine this crystal. We have a whole plan predicated on the PA that's going to take over Gaza. But what if the PA falls in the West Bank in the interim, we could see Actually, you know, Israel, I've talked about this before. They fear two front war. They actually could end up one. But it doesn't have with Hesboala, they could have a full blown, like a spark like this, we're.
Speaker 3: Inches away from that.
Speaker 2: That's part of the reason why I think even the US and the West have have not been silent at all whenever it comes to the settler violence is because they know very clearly that this could easily derail the only in their eyes, legitimate political actor in the entire region that supposedly speaks for Palestindians. And then we truly are We're we're set back decades.
Speaker 3: Right, that happens.
Speaker 1: Well, it also we also should keep in mind the PA being incredibly weak and discredited and having you know, much more traction with Hamas like that is actually the outcome the is Raelly government wanted to and helped to affect you. So let's be like clear also about this is exactly the scenario they wanted because if you have a strong PA that Palestinians actually feel like, oh they actually represent us, they actually protect us, they actually are fighting for us.
Speaker 4: If they are.
Speaker 1: Able to, you know, then gain control in the in the Gaza strip, then you have a unified Then they're talking point about, well, there's no.
Speaker 4: One we can negotiate with. So what are we going to do? What are we going to do?
Speaker 1: We you know, we of course we'd love for there to be a Palatine, but we can't talk about a Palestine in state until we have someone to negotiate with. Well, then you lose that talking point, and they don't want to lose that talking point. So this is exactly the outcome that they desired and helped I'm not saying it's one hundred percent them, but helped to engineer. I want to show you also, just in terms of what this looks like, because it sounds very abstract when we talk about these settlers coming and pushing people off the land.
Speaker 4: Put this up. This on the screen.
Speaker 1: This is all It's an Arabic so I'll read the subtitles, but you can see these are Palestinians who are being pushed off the land. This man says, I was born in this community. My mother gave birth to me here. I don't know how our difficulty began when the settler arrived and they're packing up their things. You can see in the truck. Since the third day of the war, he hasn't let us sleep a single night. Every day he comes with the army. He attacked us and our children more than once, he goes on to say, and you can see them packing up.
Speaker 4: About four days ago.
Speaker 1: He came and smashed the windows, they drained the water tanks and attacked us with stones. And you've had a huge number of people just in this past three weeks pushed off of their land in exactly the same way. So to go back to the way that the Palestinians are viewing the actions of the Israeli government, you not only have these plans being released released leaked by a government ministry of like what we really want to do is push you into the Sinai, and then you have this acceleration of pushing Palestinians off the land in the West Bank. I mean, they are not wrong to see this as a coordinated plan to completely quote unquote solve their Palestinian problem for good, which again is not a new position for net Yahou and his party. This is what they have long wanted and this crisis they are hoping is going to be the spark that enables them to achieve their longtime goals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: To give you a sense also of just how you know, when we're talking about we use this language. I got the most extreme government history, et cetera, et cetera. And also when we're talking about the West Bank and what a powder keg it is and what an untenable situation, put this up on the screen, this guy that they just picked to head the subcommittee on the West Bank. I don't think it's too far to say that he was, at least at one time basically an accused terrorist Jewish certainly Jewish extremist. Let me read you this report from Haretz. Far right Israeli Knesset member Zvisukote to head subcommittee on the West Bank.
Speaker 4: A long time target of the Shouldn't.
Speaker 1: Bet Secure service, the Cote has been arrested numerous times. In twenty eleven, he was questioned on suspicion of involvement in setting fire to a police commander's car against the backdrop of demolition of structures by Israeli authorities at an unauthorized West Bank Jewish outpost. He was never charged. During the same period, restraining orders were issued against someone on several occasions, barring him from the West Bank. The last of the restraining orders was issued in twenty twelve following intelligence he was leading what was described as covert and violent activity against Palestinians. So this is the guy that they just put in charge of the West Bank subcommittee. I thought this was an interesting comment from a peace activist group called Peace Now. They called the appointment testament to quote the national irresponsibility of a dangerous messianic government which is doing everything to open a third war front in the West Bank. And the reason I thought that was noteworthy Sagre is we've sort of assumed maybe that Israel didn't really want another front in the war, but this group is like, no, they actually want it, which would be the logic of sort of like Zelenski like for him, you know, opening up the broader war would bring us in fully.
Speaker 4: On their side.
Speaker 1: And there's a possibility that the similar calculus is going on here with the nat Yahoo government.
Speaker 2: Israel is a coalition with a lot of different people and a lot of different interest groups. Some people want to heighten the contradictions, they want to take it all out, and they'll be like, look, let's go, let's take Aza and let's take the West Bank. There's a huge portion of the of the Israeli current coalition who absolutely believes that they would eat what does the term it's like Judea and Samaria. That's how they would defer to the two regions.
Speaker 1: So it's very part of that because they believe that Jews are like entitled by birthright.
Speaker 3: To do something about the Bible. I'm not the person as.
Speaker 2: The point, I guess just being that these are traveling developments.
Speaker 3: It can explode.
Speaker 2: And the reason the US and the entire Western world really it feels very comfortable talking about this, and not even just Kaza, it's because they understand very clearly if the PA falls in the West Bank, it will be a Titanic event. There will be no quote unquote legitimate a Now we're talking about elections, we're talking about a full blown you know terrorism. It is the It is already and probably was on its last legs in twenty twenty one. This every day that goes on and erodes its type of support. And if they fall, or if there's some sort of coup or uprising or something like that, it will be a highly significant, highly significant event that will dramatically impact all of the events to come.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's that.
Speaker 1: And it's also Hamas doesn't run the West Bank, so there's no cover of like, oh, well, they're killing civilians, but you know, I know they're really trying to get it humas here. There's no cover here, so it makes them look bad when innocent Palestinians are just getting murdered to get pushed off their land. So it's also part of their ass covering projects. So that's what the liberals are up to in terms of their rhetorical spin of how they're justifying what's going on here. We had a pretty stunning example of what at least one Republican in the house, Brian Mass. This is the dude who wore his IDF uniform Yes to work one day, you can forget yes. Indeed, this is his take on why what Israel is doing is completely fine and justified.
Speaker 4: Take a listen.
Speaker 10: I would encourage the other side to not so lightly throw around the idea of innocent Palestinian civilians as is frequently said. I don't think we would so lightly throw around the term innocent Nazi civilians during World War Two.
Speaker 1: So the Republican, this Republican, Brian mast his response to the fact that the killing of so many women and children is undeniable at this point is to say, well, maybe they're not so innocent after all. I mean, this really echoes Sagar the language of supposedly moderate Israeli President Isaac Hertzog, who said similarly that there were really no innocent civilians here. I don't have to tell you. This is the kind of language that throughout history has been used to justify genocides. It was the sort of language that Osama bin Laden used to justify.
Speaker 4: Nine to eleven.
Speaker 1: Is the sort of language that Hamas would use to justify the massacre of innocent Israeli citizens. They'd say, hey, they all voted, they elected Netanyahu, they support these policies. They're not innocent. That's the sort of logic they would use. So this is now the direction that a number of individuals are moving in on the right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, and you know this is psychotic.
Speaker 2: It also is one of those where it's so funny because these guys don't know anything. Nazi has become something that is almost meaningless at this point. If you go back to World War Two, we took extraordinary steps rhetorically to always be like, we want the surrender of the Nazi regime, end of Hitler. Our beef is not with the German people. We always said that for what reason. We knew we were going to have to occupy and rebuild, and we wanted to have some credibility with the German people at that time. We also would often say we were like, look, they're not fully representative. There's a reason we treated the SS very differently than the regular German army even after the war. This is one of those where he's like, well, we would never say that there were innocent German civilians and times that's not even true. That's not what we said, that's not what anybody said at that time. Now, of course, you know, it didn't stop the bombing of Dresden or some of these other activities, but at the least ostensibly that was to win.
Speaker 3: The war against the Nazis.
Speaker 2: At the civilians, even at that time, were considered collateral damage, but they were not considered to actually be targets that are justified in themselves. Yeah, so this guy's taking it to like the most extreme. I mean, that's basically what Hitler said about Jews. Just so people are clear, he was like, there's no such thing as innocent one. They're all the same, they like work to the same end. So no, it's crazy it's totally crazy and it just like goes with the breeze or something like that to say these things. Also, who you know, why is a US congressman wearing the uniform of a foreign military in the hall?
Speaker 3: Can anyone explain that to me? Does anyone want to tell me about that?
Speaker 2: Because that's pretty crazy if you ask me, play well, he's actually not Jewish.
Speaker 3: No, And that's the craziest part.
Speaker 1: It just lay into some anti Semitic tropes about like dual loyalty, et cetera, et cetera. Gun put B nine up on the screen because what representative Mass is basically echoing here is effectively the position of the Israeli government as articulated to US officials. This is a quote that was caught from a New York Times article. Let me read this in full. They say it became evident to US officials that Israeli leaders believed mass civilian casualties were an acceptable price in the military campaign. In private conversations with American counterparts, Israeli officials referred to how the US and other Allied powers resorted to devastating bombings in Germany and Japan during World War Two, including the dropping of the two atomic warheads in Eroshima and Nagasaki to try to defeat those countries. So they're literally talking about drop it, like comparing this situation not only to World War Two, not only the Nazis, but like, hey, you drop nukes, So any amount of civilian death is totally fine here. So that's effectively what representative mass is echoing there. And then you know, just to give another example of an official in the Israeli government, one of the members of the Kanesset who is in the Lacud party, which is Netanyahuo's party, put this up on the screen.
Speaker 4: Gallet distals.
Speaker 1: She also was the Minister of Information in this government, so like a you know, a real like cabinet official until just a couple weeks ago. This is what she wrote on Twitter. This is the translation. Just so we're clear, hate the enemy, hate the monsters. Any vestige of internal bickening, bickering is a mating, maddeningly stupid waste of energy. Invest this energy in one thing, erasing all of Gaza from the face of the earth. That the Gazzen monsters will fly to the southern fence and try to enter Egyptian territory. Where they will die, and their death is evil. Gaza should be erased and fire and smoke on the heads of the Nazis in Judae and Samaria, that's the West Bank. Haran is also a Jew who will shake the earth of the world. I don't know what that reference is, some biblical thing. I guess evengeful and cruel idf is needed here. Anything less is a moral just unethical. So Gaza should be erased. The Gaza monsters will fly to the southern fence.
Speaker 4: And try to enter Egyptian territory.
Speaker 1: So you have here not only the total just like there are no innocent civilians white Gaza out off the map.
Speaker 4: Punish them all.
Speaker 1: We need a cruel idf but also the desire to have the you know, complete fullness of the ethnic cleansing program that was laid down in that government report. And again this isn't some just like random nobody. This is someone who was directly in the government and who is a the code member of the kanesse as we speak. This is the sort of thing, the rhetoric that is just like flying within Israeli society right now.
Speaker 2: And look, we wanted to make sure just to show everyone It's like we're not cherry picking, you know, just to show Israel. It's like part of the problem is that we are in a doom loop basically at this point where the top representatives of both sides are effectively calling for genociding each other. Here we have a video we can play. This is the head of Hamas. This is just just a couple of days ago. He says, we must remove that country. It constitutes a security, military, and political catastrophe to the Arab and to the Islamic nation must be finished. We are not ashamed to say this with full force. We must teach Israel a lesson. We will do this again and again. The Aloxa flood is the first time, in the second time because we have the determination, that resolve and the capabilities to fight.
Speaker 3: So just to be clear, we.
Speaker 2: Can come out of this, guys, now is He says, we will do October seven over and over and over again. And I see this shared around all the time. You know, we don't see some of these realist ones. But we're trying to put everybody together a portrait the top. You know, this is the leader of Hamas. He says, We're gonna just keep doing it over and over again. It's like, okay, dude, well you are inviting pain and suffering on your own people because at this point, like.
Speaker 1: He says, I don't care at the rice, we're ready to sacrifice martyrs.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is the this is the fundamental jihadist belief. They're like, yeah, we may. I mean Zarkawi used to say, be asked about that all the time. He's like, you are killing Muslims. He's like, yeah, but we're killing invaders too and infidels at the same time.
Speaker 3: I don't care. This is this is the we've we've fought and seen people just like this.
Speaker 2: And the Israelis are responding basically with calls now for complete ethnic cleansing and for just you know, getting rid and quote unquote solving the problem. Now they've got a US congressman who is parroting this nonsense on the floor of the House of.
Speaker 1: Representaive well and Lindsay Graham said something very similar. I mean, he was asked point like, okay, how many innocent civilians is too many? Is there is there a numbories like no, no, no, okay, then do you really consider them innocent civilians then? And would you apply I mean, he maybe would apply that situation in a lot of different circumstances, but it is so disturbing to me to watch how quickly the descent into outright justification of genocide has happened here. And it's happened on both sides, let's be clear about it. But yeah, I mean, the Israeli government is the one that our taxpayer dollars are going to, and it's our bombs that are being dropped on this population by and by a government that has outright genocidal intent and language. So it's incumbent on us to pay really close attention to what's going on there at the very least. You know, one of the things that I'll just say as a side point, and Cyber maybe you can answer this.
Speaker 4: I don't understand.
Speaker 1: So if your goal is to eliminate Hamas, like they know where this this guy's like in Lebanon, I think in somewhere he's going to a TV stude, Like if you're trying to get most of Hama's leadership is in Qatar, If you're trying to take out Hamas, why are there no.
Speaker 4: Efforts to get these people? Like what's going on with that?
Speaker 1: Because you know, that seems a lot more effective to me than bombing an entire freaking refugee camp and massacring how many people they massacred, their majority women and children, Like, where's the effort to get this political leadership?
Speaker 2: Well, that's a great question. That's a question for the Katari government. It also is a question for the Israelis as to like, hey, you know, the whole point of the Abraham Accords and others was to restore relations with the golf are of states, So maybe ask for their expulsion that could be would be very clear and a simple one. It's actually what some people are talking about.
Speaker 1: Or they don't actually care about the stated goal.
Speaker 3: I meant the state of goal.
Speaker 1: I mean, because the stated goal is impossible to achieve, as we said, and so really what the actual operation that they are pursuing right now has no other strategic and than punishment. It doesn't make them safer. It's not act being very effective at taking out Hamas. It's just like massacring and brutalizing and tormenting millions of Palestinian civilians.
Speaker 3: It's listening.
Speaker 2: I mean, I also find it very odd that the political leadership of a full blown terrorist organization effectively is like untouched at the same time. Time, though, if I had to expect the main reason is we got to negotiate with these people, you know, like we could still got us citizens inside of Gaza, like you got to have somebody to talk to. So unfortunately, that's probably the most likely thing, is that they want to preserve the political leadership because they need somebody that they can meet with for the hostage situation, for our American citizens and for other things as well. So it just shows you how gross the entire thing is. Let's move on now to Ukraine. There's some major news out of Ukraine. First, we wanted to start with some absolutely shocking allegations being made by a former advisor to Zelenski. Let's go and put this up there on the screen. This is a translation of something that to put out and include some of the quotes of that extraordinary Time magazine piece of Zelensky. He says, someone behaves like a dictator and instead of following the normal path of accelerated development, he chooses stagnation. Then someone breeds massive corruption, Then someone breeds hatred for any opinion different from their own, and then a year and a half later autumn comes both in relations with the and with our own people. No matter how much you deny reality, it doesn't go away. One of the stages of denial of this reality is an attempt to blame the damned Shusters for everything. He's talking about the reporter who wrote the Time magazine piece instead of looking yourself in the eye, quote Simon Schuster as an artist who perfectly senses the moment of truth. The Time magazine article reflects an unpleasant and vaguely familiar image, and really what he points to is that it's a dictator abandoned by everyone, wandering through the backstreets of a bunker, unwilling to face reality, hysterically exclaiming about quick victory which is unable to achieve, an authoritarian leader to whom those around him are afraid to tell the truth. I think that that fits very neatly, actually, with the portrait of a delusional Zelenski inside of his military bunker, where his own advisors are telling a Time Magazine reporter on background openly that they are corrupt as hell, stealing everything that's not nailed to the ground like there's no tomorrow. They say that Zelenski cannot be reasoned with that even though their battlefield victory is completely and totally unachievable and unrealistic, that they are continuing to say that publicly. But let's overlay that with some also breaking news that we want to say thank you to Gallop for providing us so that we could prepare all these elements with how the American people feel about this. Let's go and put this up there on the screen. Please, this is an extraordinary statistic. This is a question for Americans. Do you think the United States is doing too much to help Ukraine?
Speaker 3: Not enough or the right amount?
Speaker 2: Forty one percent now say too much, twenty five percent say not enough, thirty three percent say the right amount. The extraordinary part is not that the plurality say too much, but that just a few months ago, Crystal, in June of twenty twenty three, it was twenty nine percent who said too much and forty three percent who said the right amount. The too much figure is rapidly accelerating. Now let's go to the next one in there, please, because this is another very important development. Would you prefer the United States and the conflict asap or support Ukraine in recapturing territory? No, answer is three percent. Support reclaim is fifty four percent, so it's still like extreme majority. But end quickly is forty three percent, again though rapidly changing in that direction. June of twenty twenty three, it was only thirty six percent who wanted to rapidly end the conflict, so things are again accelerating. And then finally, let's put this one up there on the screen. Please, should the US maintain its financial support to Ukraine or should there be a time limit on that support? Thirty seven percent say indefinitely. Sixty one percent now say it should be limited. And again from the previous way that that has been asked, that is an overall increase. So the one which again just shows you why at the end of the day you can't help but just trust Americans who is currently winning the Ukraine Russia war.
Speaker 3: If you're going to ask the media, they were going to say Ukraine.
Speaker 2: Twenty percent say Ukraine, fourteen percent say Russia neither side sixty four percent.
Speaker 3: Americans are smart as usual. They in the what is it?
Speaker 2: On a long enough timeline, they will eventually come to the right answer. And even though they're being propagandized to all hell and being bombarded with all these fake offenses and all that they know reality. They're like, we gave these people fifty billion, they didn't move an inch, and a bunch of people died in the interim. Doesn't seem fun to me, doesn't seem like something that we should just keep continuing with the blank check And it fits completely with also a new interview that we can put there please up on the screen that underscores this that in a new interview with the Economists, the Commander in chief of the Ukrainian Armed Forces says, quote, just like in the First World War, we have reached the level of technology that puts us into a stalemate. So when the head of the actual Ukrainian I mean imagine the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs or something like that equivalent when America is in the middle of the war, just coming out and saying on the record, we are in the middle of a stalemate.
Speaker 3: That's what's just happened.
Speaker 2: So you would be called a Russian propagandist if you said this on MSNBC. But I guess anybody who wants to in the future crystal can it just say I'm quoting.
Speaker 3: The head of the Ukrainian General staff. Yes, it's not difficult.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And he goes on to say he thinks it would take some sort of a massive technological break.
Speaker 3: People would read the interviews.
Speaker 1: It actually is remarkably honest, because he talks about like, Okay, at first, I was like, maybe it's the commanders, Maybe it's the soldiers themselves, maybe it's this, maybe it's that. And then he started reading this book about World War One and was like, shit, this is exactly what's happening with us right now. And he says that although he hopes that there would be some massive, unforeseen technological leap to break the deadlock, quote, there will most likely be no deep and beautiful breakthrough. Think of that admission from this man. So the American people agree with the guy who's running the Ukrainian military, and I think, what I mean, there's so much to say about this. Between this and that time article and then this former Zelenski aid, just putting him on full blast.
Speaker 4: You can see.
Speaker 1: That, you know, there is a sense of real impending doom setting in and a realization they're not stupid. They can see these polls, they can see the way that what's going on in Israel has taken the spotlight off of them. They can see the way that like constant attention on Ukraine has already long fallen off, that they really needed that to have any sort of a prayer here. They can see the huge disappointment in terms of the counter offensive. They don't know what to tell their own people about this and what the failure was, and how things are ever.
Speaker 4: Going to change and be different in the future.
Speaker 1: And so, you know, when you've got a losing team effectively at this point, not to use a you know, a sort of trite sports analogy, but suddenly you get a lot of people complaining, you get a lot of people fighting, you get a lot of score settling, you get a little bit of truth that starts to come out, and Sager, I know, I say this over and over again, but I cannot stop going back to that original possibility of a peace deal being negotiated in Turkey, that we said, we said, no, we don't want a deal, we don't want a settlement, We want you to fight. And we sent these people into the meat grinder. We did it, Our government pushed them in the meat grinder. And guess what now if they decided all right, we're going to try to go to the table now and negotiate.
Speaker 4: They won't be able to get the deal that.
Speaker 1: They could have gotten back then, because back then they had momentum, they had caught you know, the Russians were not doing well. They had dramatically underperformed. The Ukrainians were dramatically overperformed. They had a lot more leverage in that negotiation at that time. So all this time of war and death and misery and suffering and all of that for what to be in a worse negotiating position than they were at that time when, along with the Brits scuttled those negotiations.
Speaker 3: Well, let's look.
Speaker 2: I mean, I gotta say, I am enraged that we have funding a military. He's like, yeah, I finally picked up a book on World War One. I'm like, dude, what you eventually, in the middle of the conflict decided It's like this is your job, freaking amateur people from the very beginning.
Speaker 3: You can go back and roll the tape.
Speaker 2: We've been talking about it for two years now at this point, specifically the World War One analogy, but you know, it's very similar. The average age of the Ukrainian military, right now is forty three years old. Yeah, and again average, So what does that mean on the outer bound of that, what does the tail end we're talking about like sixty five year olds. That's what the Army of Northern Virginia look like whenever capitulated in eighteen sixty five. They even remarked on it, They're like, we got teenagers and old men. Who are the people in the trenches who are up against us. So, just like in the First World War of the flowery youth, some of the greatest men who ever lived were thrown into the trunch and are dead. And people at that time they knew that, they underst stood that some of the best people, truly some of the bravest citizens, specifically from the UK.
Speaker 3: You know, they didn't even need a draft for.
Speaker 2: Two years because people were so enthusiastic and they believed in the war, and they were crunched and they were killed almost immediately when they were thrown into that war. And also this is the true lesson think about why World War One ended. World War One did not end just because of a military breakthrough. It ended because the German regime collapsed politically and no longer was able to sustain the war effort because its civilian population revolted against the Kaiser. Ukraine is setting itself up for a similar situation. You can hang on till the end if you want. You're not going to do it with our money, at least hopefully, And what will happen is that years and years will go by, people will start to starve, They're going to start to question. You're gonna get violently overthrown, and that brings you to just like what happened to the Czar or just like what happened to the German Kaiser, if you you don't capitulate, or if you don't sign a negotiation, because it's very clear that if they don't do it to preserve their current political regime, the Russians are going to win. Time is on their side. Russia's war machine is doing better than ever. Sure they've lost a couple hundred thousand people, but they've got millions.
Speaker 3: They don't care.
Speaker 2: They've got you know, their economy is basically sanctioned proof at this point. I was just talking with Bridge Colby yesterday. They're selling oil at twenty dollars above the price cap. They're fine. They're not doing well. But they're doing fine. Ukraine is not doing fine. They're really on their last legs. And when you are in that situation, Russia is probably least likely to negotiate now at this point, and the Ukrainians are the ones who have put themselves in that situation. But ultimately we are the ones who We're the ones to blame more than anything.
Speaker 3: We killed the peace deals. We let them think.
Speaker 2: Incorrectly that we would be there forever, and you know, now we're basically pulling the rug out from under them. So in a sense, I even understand some of the outrage, but I mean, we always knew it was politically sustainable from the very beginning. The correct thing to do would have been to try and strike something. They decided not to do it. Hundreds of thousands of people are now dead, billions of dollars have been wasted completely. I guess a bunch of weapons manufacturers got very wealthy and very rich. But that's the end result and the end state of this, as it almost always is.
Speaker 1: And you know what, the people who say, like, actually we should have given them the long range mississ right away, like they actually have a point.
Speaker 4: If we were going to give them any way. Yeah, you're right, if we were going to eventually.
Speaker 1: Do it, They're actually correct that, you know, they might have had a better shot if they'd had everything that we were planning on eventually giving them from the beginning, and so instead, you know, they've they're in a very difficult position, and it's starting to become very clear, it's starting to become very public at a moment when US support is absolutely faltering. So what the future holds, I don't know, but you know, there are a lot of regrets for our missed opportunities to achieve a piece that would have avoided so many lost lives and so much devastation. Yeah, all right, let's talk a little bit about the way the general election is shaping up, which you know, there's very little drama at this point within the Democratic primary. There's very little drama at this point within the Republican primary. But the general election is shaping up to be one of the most unusual, odd, historic, whatever word you want to put on it that you can imagine. Put this up on the screen. I cannot understand why this has not gotten more coverage.
Speaker 4: Take a look.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I'll go through all of these It's a new national general election poll. So if it's head to head, they've gotten this is Quinnipiac. They've got Biden and Trump basically tied. Biden's got a one point edge. Then you throw RFK Junior onto the ballot and the Biden lead edges up a bit. Biden thirty nine, Trump thirty six, Kennedy twenty two. I mean that is a lot, guys, that is really really significant. And then they also did one if you add Cornell West into the mix, then you go back to Biden with a one point lead thirty six, Trump thirty five, Kennedy nineteen, Cornell West at six. Now you know, I don't know how many ballots Cornell West is going to be able to get on. He's changed what party he's affiliated with a couple of times, so I think there's a lot of questions about whether people are going to even really have the option of Cornell West on their ballot, but whether or not he is there RFK Junior. I don't have a lot of intel into how well organized his campaigns, etc. But I know he's got a lot of money, so I think it is very feasible that he ends up on the ballot in most if not all states, and right now he's full in twenty two percent.
Speaker 4: Now, I'll put out the caveat that I always do with.
Speaker 1: Regarded third parties, Usually their support is higher initially then later on. He also within the Democratic primary, he suffered the more.
Speaker 4: People got to know his positions and see him out there.
Speaker 1: That's possible that that happens with the general electorate as well. You know the numbers of who he takes from that at all shifts, et cetera, et cetera. But that he's clocking twenty plus percent right on at the gates, and he's Kennedy, and he's got a lot of money.
Speaker 4: People ought to be taking notice.
Speaker 3: Let me read this direct quote.
Speaker 2: Actually, let's put the please up on the screen from Quinnipiac that they say quote with minority and younger voters seeming intrigued, Kennedy for now enjoys the kind of demographic support his charismatic father and uncles generated decades ago. Aka, it is disaffected minorities, and it is younger voters who usually skew left, who want at least some sort of different option, who are going RFK for now.
Speaker 3: Now, listen, it's possible that things could change.
Speaker 2: My advice for RFK honestly would just be keep doing what we're doing.
Speaker 3: Keep a low profile.
Speaker 2: The less people really honestly know about you, the better because then they can just project seriously, they can just project whatever they.
Speaker 3: Want on too you. They're like, oh, he's a Kennedy and he doesn't like the two party system.
Speaker 4: He's not Biden or Cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean that's a great pitch, just so people are aware.
Speaker 2: And it's funny because even a lot of his communications that I'm looking at, I'm like, this is brilliant because most of it. Yeah, for example, this is an infographic half the electorate no longer identifies with any political party, sixty three percent of Americans when an independent run for president? What is politics going to look like when it's no longer us versus them?
Speaker 3: Are f K Junior? I love it? And it's got a picture of him looking yoked in a western shirt and wearing jeans in the sun.
Speaker 2: That's all you need is just you keep things at a level where it's like it's not even a bit really what you're running on.
Speaker 3: It's you're running against the two party system.
Speaker 2: It's like the it's like negative partisanship but weaponized against both, which is a brilliant pitch. And to put it in historical perspective, Ross Perot, I'm probably the most successful third party candidate of our time, one nineteen percent of the vote, so including Cornell West in the general election ballot, which in my opinion is not really fair because if Cornell does not get all fifty, but RFK is on all fifty states and actually does have the ballot operation, and it will really just be between the three of them. He could be the most successful third party candidate in I mean decades since maybe George Wallace Ross Parrot, I mean, his name would be all the way up there. And then it becomes a very open question of how much is this going to affect the race? I mean, in terms of the numbers, it does look like he draws a little bit more away from Trump than he does from Biden, but he does also draw devistent amount from Biden. And it's one of those where look, even Arab Americans, you know, we're going to talk with James Oxby soon. I'm curious to hear what he thinks. I know RFK is supportive of Israel, but again, most people probably don't even know what he thinks about Israel, so they might just vote for him as a protest candidate. And I could easily see that with younger people, with Arab Americans. I mean, it could just be one of those like hail Mary, screw it type of things, and you never know.
Speaker 3: I mean, he could win a state or two. It's very possible if that happened.
Speaker 1: I want to see some state level polling, you know, swing state level polling, Like what do Pennsylvanians think about you? What does Michigan think about you? Michiganders, isn't that what they are? What a Minnesotans think about you? Like, I want to see some of that swing state polling and where the strength is. It'd be interesting to see where the strength is regionally as well. I mean I've been pitching internally here that we need to do a focus g We're doing it RFK voters because there is so little analysis so far of like who are they, what draws them to him, what do they know about, how engaged are they? What sort of media are they consuming. I'm absolutely fascinated by who this group is. And you're right, like on Israel, he is what locks up he's probably more hawkish than Biden on Israel. I mean, it seems very like personal and ideological and whatever he's all in. So it's not like there's any real daylight between him and Biden or Trump for that matter, on the issue. But people don't really know, like they don't follow it that closely. So if they just have this vague feeling of like, oh, he's a Kennedy and he's different, Like, sure, he's not Biden.
Speaker 4: I don't like Biden. He's not Trump. I don't like Trump.
Speaker 1: Why not there was a political analysis to the point of who he's drawing from currently? This guy really, I mean, I think it's very likely he ends up being the deciding factor how his campaign goes, ends up deciding who the next president is. So he's collecting Czechs, Politico says from past Donald Trump donors at a much higher rate than former Biden contributors, a sign he may be pulling more from the Republican electorate the Democratic voters. But he also is being financed in terms of contributions by huge numbers of people who have never given politically before.
Speaker 4: Which also makes sense.
Speaker 1: People who are responding to his anti Democrat, anti Republican message and are activated by that. And that's not only a very difficult group to get engaged, it's also a very difficult group to pull. So that tend to be the ones that sort of fall out of traditional survey. So anyway, that is very fascinating. There was also just as a note, in that same poll, they tested the Democratic primary race, now that you have the addition of Dean Phillips that Minnesota like moderate representative, and Jank Yuger, and they find I mean, this isn't all that surprising. So seventy seven percent support Biden, Marion gets eight percent, Dean Phillips gets six percent, and Jank gets two percent. So I mean it basically looks like Jank and Marianne are pulling from the same pool of like ten percent of voters, and then Dean Phillips is getting six percent.
Speaker 4: Is kind of tracks with what I was expecting.
Speaker 2: Basically, Yeah, that's that's not necessarily a surprise. I think RFK, as you said, he is now the absolute deciding factor where how he runs his campaign, who he appeals to, and if he can get more than them. He's starting now, I mean basically starting at nineteen to twenty two percent something like that, and he hasn't even really campaigned, So the more people hear about him, the more people pay attention.
Speaker 3: He's got a choice.
Speaker 2: My thing is, you just keep leaning into that anti two party message. I mean, who knows we could go triple triple, Like if we go thirty three percent.
Speaker 3: Thirty, it's only gotten.
Speaker 2: He doesn't have a you know that far away and then next thing you know, he could be in a head to head race. It would be absolutely shocking. Truly, I have no idea, but honestly, it's kind of fun. This will be a nice shock to the point.
Speaker 3: The ministry people.
Speaker 4: Need some intrigue.
Speaker 1: All right, this we also wanted to update on, so we brought you that the UAW was able to reach tentative agreements with all of the Big three at this point, huge win for them. The members of course have to approve it, but some major gains that they were made that they were able to achieve in terms of wages, and it looks like the other non union automakers are really taking notice and they are very concerned about their own workforces potentially unionizing, and they realize they have to compete with these increased wages that Big Three workers were able to achieve. So put this up on the screen from Toyota. They are saying that they are This is a report hasn't been totally confirmed yet, but this is from labor notes. Toyota is saying that they are immediately raising the wages of their non union factory workers. This of course comes on the heels of those agreements, and what sort of leaked memo indicated is that they're raising their top pay to thirty two dollars per hour. This would not be a surprise, not only because they're workers I'm sure are following like, oh, the person who does my exact same job, this is what they're getting. Why am I so dramatically underpaid? So Toyota's feeling that pressure. They don't want to have to, you know, they don't want to face a union drive, so they're trying to short circuit that Tesla actually had already. You pointed out, yes, given raises in the context of these negotiations going on, so you know, this is something we've talked about with the labor movement. Is yes, obviously directly benefits workers who are in a union, but it can really have ripple effects across the economy and across industries as well. Additional context on this. Put this up on the screen from the UAW. They are making some real noises here, Sager, basically about a potential general strike in twenty twenty eight. They say, we invite unions around the country to align your contract expirations with our our own, so that together we can begin to flex our collective muscles. They go on to say, if we're going to truly take on the billionaire class and rebuild the economy so it starts to work for the benefit of the many and not the few, that it's important we not only strike, but that we strike together. When we return to the bargaining table in twenty twenty eight, it won't be just with the Big three, but with the.
Speaker 4: Big five or Big six.
Speaker 1: So real warning shot there to all of the non union automakers out there, that would include Tesla. And apparently there's already some stuff union stuff going on at Tesla. Put us up on the screen. Bloomberg reporting Monday. This is written up in this publication in the Street that Tesla's twenty thousand worker plan in Fremont, California is currently playing host to a UAW Organizing Committee. The group, according to a source, is talking to Tesla workers about the value of collective bargaining and as reportedly committed to funding any such campaign. UAW did not respond to the Street's request for comment. This effort to active like span the uaw's membership in a threat to Elon Musk and Tesla, is you know, is very noteworthy And earlier in October, Fane referred to workers at Tesla and other non union automakers including Toyota and Honda Honda as quote the UAW members of the future. So pretty extraordinary how quickly things appear to be moving here after the major wins that they were able to achieve. And I think the fact that Faine did it in such a public fashion is also really noteworthy and was very intentional, because.
Speaker 4: Previous UAW leadership was, by the way.
Speaker 1: Extraordinarily corrupt, totally in bed with you know, they were takes given. I mean, it was it was a mess, you know, And they elected this new leadership in Sean Fain, and they had also conducted a lot of the negotiations like behind the scenes in secret, not drawing a lot of attention to it, and they were taking major concessions in terms of the deals that they were striking. So this is a dramatic shift in the way things have been going previously.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's actually really interesting.
Speaker 2: On the Toyota piece, you know, they say that the increase of two dollars and ninety four cents to the maximum of thirty four dollars per thirty four dollars and eighty cents per hour for the production workers and at a three seventy rays to forty three do dollars per hour for skilled trades employees. I mean, that's pretty significant raise up to forty three dollars per hour, and it does show you also where labor pressure comes from. It makes sense too because it think about the overall environment for minimum wage workers. I mean, prior to the pandemic, people were getting away with eleven and twelve. Then as we have a labor shortage and we have more labor activism all throughout twenty twenty one and twenty twenty two, we're at almost a minimum floor at this point for a lot of major brands between fifteen to twenty bucks an hour. I'm even seeing that, you know, in terms of the pressure on the consumers and consumer prices where people are expecting a down quarter for the fourth quarter, and yet Walmarts and others are still paying some twenty something dollars per hour even seasonal holiday wages. So the wages are higher honestly in some cases they've ever been before. Now, to be clear, has not kept up with inflation, and I think that's really bad. But this does show you where the pressure comes from and how it will all look like it Also, you know, people were like, oh, but no GM cars and all that are going to be too expensive.
Speaker 3: We'll see.
Speaker 2: Actually I'm still I still want to know, but it does show you too, like with the pressure that will be lifting, it's not like it's going to be restricted just to the American auto workers or auto companies. It's going to be all of the auto sector because they're at the end of the day pulling from the same labor pool.
Speaker 3: So it's an overall positive development.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, And you know, very interesting to me the way that Sean finn is calling for other unions to align their contracts with theirs so that they can have an even larger you know, just not just in the auto industry, but much larger impact on the economy. So something to watch there. He's the one that I wish would run for president.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he probably would win.
Speaker 4: Would you would do quite well?
Speaker 3: You do well?
Speaker 1: All right, guys, very excited to have James Abby here. He's the founder and president of the American Arab Institute Arab American Institute and get that right. And he also is an alumni of both the Jesse Jackson campaigns in eighty four and eighty eight and both Bernie Sanders campaign So this man has a lot of political insight. We're lucky to have him join us. Now, let's get to it. James Avvi, so great to have you.
Speaker 3: Welcome, sir, you're caesar, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: So it caught our attention the absolute plummeting support of Arab Americans for Joe Biden's reelect.
Speaker 4: Let's put this up on the screen.
Speaker 1: This was the first national poll you're actually quoted, I believe in this article of Arab Americans since the war in Gaza began. Shows how deep that sense of betrayal goes. They say, with only seventeen percent of Arab American voters saying they will vote for Biden in twenty twenty four, that is a staggering drop from fifty nine percent in twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: Your reaction to those poll numbers.
Speaker 5: James, Well, I mean, we expected there to be a reaction to the community in the community. I didn't expect it to be this way, much larger than anything I'd ever seen it. There was a similar drop in support for Republicans and Bush, but it took six years to accumulate. There was a very immediate reaction after Obama to Trump, but that again took over a year. This was like a four week drop in support. And while to some extent there had been a decline in favorable ratings as the national numbers went, this drop was not only significant in terms of support for the president. But look, I've been on the DNC for thirty years, and when we'd had an almost two to one Democratic ID as opposed to Republican ID and now it's like twenty three percent say they identify as Democrat and thirty two percent Republicans, the first time in twenty seven years of polling that Democrats are in the minority. That was really striking, kind of a frustration and interesting. It was across the board, the first second generation born here versus the immigrant all the different religious subgroups, country of origin. People are just traumatized by what he is and is not doing this on this situation.
Speaker 2: James, what states in particular? Everyone talks about Michigan. Perhaps there are others that you can highlight where this is going to be a particular problem for Joe Biden. Should this continue, should his actions continue, and we get to election day, well.
Speaker 5: The states, I think that we won't most focus on the ones that the Biden campaign focused on with us in twenty twenty. They put a lot of energy into getting us out and giving us support in Pennsylvania and Michigan.
Speaker 8: That's going to be a tough lift. It's going to be a difficult one this time. We have important numbers.
Speaker 5: In Virginia, but Virginia is the margin in Virginia was larger than the Pennsylvania Michigan numbers margins. And we have lots of people in California, but again that's the state where the number is overall, I mean almost a half million Arab Americans in California, but the number of Californians is so large that the fraction isn't as great.
Speaker 8: As it is in Michigan and Pennsylvania.
Speaker 5: Those two states are the ones I think are the most concerning right now.
Speaker 1: So what the Biden team is telling reporters is like, yeah, we know they're not happy, but it's a long way till election day. Number one and number two. The opponent's going to be Donald Trump, and Trump is out there floating Muslim band. He was the best friend of bb net and Yahoo gave him everything he wanted when he's in office. So they're betting that the visceral rawness of the emotion right now fades over time, and that also with the greater evil of Trump hanging out here, that that will be enough to get people back in the Democratic camp. What's your response to that theory of the case.
Speaker 5: I don't want to alienate myself for the community from for the Biden White House, but that's rude and condescending. Basically, it's like, you guys don't matter, and screw you. You don't have a choice, so you'll come back.
Speaker 8: That's not the.
Speaker 5: Case I saw in twenty twenty people's frustration. I worked on the Gore I was a senior advisor of the Gore campaign. Thirteen and a half percent voted for Nader. They just weren't going to do it. They did the same with Hillary in twenty sixteen. They stayed away. The question is I personally, myself DNC member for thirty years, I'll vote for Joe Biden.
Speaker 8: I mean, because I know what the alternative is.
Speaker 5: But can I go having built credibility with my community over the last fifty years of doing this work, forty of them full time, can I go to them in Michigan and say I need you to blah blah blah. I don't know if I'm willing to risk forty fifty years of credibility and organizing a community to get booed out of the room. And so they have to be a little sensitive to the fact that if Jewish votes matter, Arab votes matter, Latino votes matter, Black votes, we all matter.
Speaker 8: And you got to give us something.
Speaker 5: You just spent three years telling us that Palestinians and Israelis deserve equal measures of blah blah blah, and did nothing in those three years to show you meant it. And now we're seeing the consequences of that and enabled Israel An abused Palestinian population, and you're telling us, oh, you'll forget about it in a year.
Speaker 8: Sorry, probably won't, right, Yeah, probably won't.
Speaker 2: Indeed, I want to come back to something that you said about the rapid decline. You're talking about the decline, how it took several years for this materialize against the Bush administration, how it took a while for this materialize against Trump. You also spoke there about increased Republican identification. Have you talked or thought a little bit about why that is? Is it just Israel Gaza? Is there attempts by our successful efforts by republic instort an increase Arab American Republican identification?
Speaker 3: What are some of the issues that so you see behind.
Speaker 5: That number one, it's not an actual increase in Republican identification.
Speaker 8: The Republican numbers have been fairly stable.
Speaker 5: They've dropped points over years, but they've been in the high twenties thirty percent range, and that's where they've been. That's, you know, look, in every life, a little rain must fall. We've got about thirty something percent Republicans in the Arab community.
Speaker 8: What can I do? That's where they are.
Speaker 5: Even in the years of Obama, when the it was two to one Democrat Republican, it was fifty four percent Democrat, twenty seven percent Republican.
Speaker 8: They were hardcore even in.
Speaker 5: Trump they were where they were in the high twenties. The question is the precipitous drop in Democrats. Do I think that they will stay non Democrat? Do I think that they'll vote for Trump?
Speaker 8: I don't.
Speaker 5: They may stay home, they may find a third candidate to Right now, they're in the independent or not sure, which means they're parking there waiting to figure out what they do. Will they go back as the White House suggests, just because they don't have a choice.
Speaker 8: More likely they just won't vote.
Speaker 5: And I've you know, we've had hold your nose elections before, and you've got to give people a reason to go.
Speaker 8: And frankly, at this point, they're not seeing it. And I'll tell.
Speaker 5: You just one last point here is that when I said that was across the board with almost every subgroup in the community. The issue of Palestine is different than Iracke, it's different than Muslim band, it's different than civil liberty issues and stuff. It's the wound in the heart that doesn't heal. And so even though your second third generation Egyptian, when Palestinians are getting massacred the way they are, it strikes a chord and it says, why is this happening?
Speaker 8: This should not be happening to these people.
Speaker 5: And it three years of doing nothing except enabling Israel to do whatever it wanted to do in the West Bank, and now this and people have had enough and they're and they're they're they're demonstrating it, and I think it needs to be paid attention to. I don't want it to stay this way, but something has to give. They have to do something to change direction here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what does that something look like in your opinion?
Speaker 1: You know, I took note of the fact that Biden was in Minnesota, and Minneapolis obviously there's a sizeable Muslim community there and he didn't have on to schedule a single meeting with a Muslim leader. So it doesn't even appear like they're taking you know, they're taking the issue seriously in terms of outreach either to Arab Americans or to Muslims.
Speaker 8: And let's distinguished between Muslim and Arab that they are.
Speaker 5: Distincties here of course, Yeah, community in Michigan is a significant number of Somali's that Ilhan is from that community, and African American Keith Ellison is a part of that community. And he's heard from both of them and they've they've not been happy. But I think that Michigan is largely air of American. That's a different story. And you say, what can he do meeting with him right now?
Speaker 8: That's it.
Speaker 5: He hasn't had a meeting with Air of Americans period, right That's that goes without saying the issue though, is that something dramatic? I mean, look, could he say no to Benjamin En now and say stop it now?
Speaker 8: He could? He could do that, that would help. I mean, why there's no ceasefire. I don't understand why.
Speaker 5: There's They talk about Palestinian self determination.
Speaker 8: What are they going to do to get there?
Speaker 5: What are they going to do to stop the rampaging of They say we're concerned about settlers rampaging in the West Bank. Dozens of villages have been evacuated of Palestinians afraid for their lives because they're out of control.
Speaker 8: In the West Bank.
Speaker 5: The settlers are just rampaging through and scaring people, uh, you know, from their homes. What is he going to do? The only thing that would make a difference is if he said to stop it now and then made an impact that would actually happen. We've never told Israel stop. No, if you don't do it, you're not going to get that damn fourteen billion dollars. And you may not get it anyway. Because Palestini has needed to rebuild Gaza. There are things he can do concretely, he just hasn't done them.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that's a very good point that at this point it's not enough to have this sort of handrail. Oh maybe I want a humanitarian pause. There needs to be some sort of real concrete action using the leverage and the tools that the United States has in droves. James, thank you so much for taking the time to speak with us today. It's so great to have your analysis on this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, appreciate you, James, thank you. Thank you guys for watching and really appreciate it. We'll have breaking coverage if needed over the weekend. You can probably expect at least something otherwise. We will see you all on Monday.