Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Mover's Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 1: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. Here's Alexis Christopher's.
Speaker 3: All right, I want to start with a Fragrance deal. Possible Fragrance deal. So Este Lauder considering of buying Spain's pooch brands. Now, just you know, it's like it's strange, it's spelled p U. I G okay, I'm with.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 1: That's there's a very famous music mixer who makes compressors and things we say tweak.
Speaker 3: I like, well, I like that better. But apparently it's it's Catalan from space and are off. Now there you go, all right, So there mixed results. Here are mixed opinions about this possible deal on Wall Street. So the acquisition would add fragrances like Caroline her arraraband to esday Latter's portfolio. But TD Cowan's out with a note this morning, Actually, Tom, thank you for sending this. Bring this to my attention. They're out with some key considerations here. They say it would create a company approximately twenty billion dollars in revenue, meaningfully rebalanced geographic and product mix, which I think just means they're going to have a larger reach right supply chain and revenue synergies. But they said it's sort of like booking the DJ before fixing the venue.
Speaker 1: Oh I like that, right, But you need to understand you got to welcome to surveillance. It has nothing to do with me. Oliver Chen emailed me and said, hey, stupid, give this to Alexis christopherus Oliver, thank you.
Speaker 3: For that, Thank you, Oliver. And also there are concerns out there that you know, Esday Lauder's got a CEO who's trying to turn things around.
Speaker 1: There just say we don't care. What does Alexis Christophers think about the busting of this brand Esday Lauder. Yeah, and now they're trying to keep it going.
Speaker 3: I mean Wall Street it's not loving it because Esday Latter's stock is under pressure. But Brooch is up twenty one percent year to date, up about fifteen percent today. So there you go. See if it happens all right, Jeffries, there is some breaking news here, or I'll call it sort of updated news on Jeffries So remember the Financial Times had said that the Japanese bank Sumi Tomo's Mittsui was considering buying Jeffries Financial Group. Well, now Sumi Tomo is out saying it has no immediate plan to take over Jeffries and that it is not engaged in talks with the Wall Street lender, but it is keeping an eye on the bank and its stock, and they said if it gets to a level that is attractive, it may move on that. Nevertheless, shares of Jeffries still up here about nine percent.
Speaker 2: De Matimo owns about four point five percent of the company already, Tom.
Speaker 1: Is it private credit based? I mean Jeffries gossip around Jeffries? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Now you know what it was. It was hit because it had exposure to first brands YEP and market financial.
Speaker 1: Someonet private credit.
Speaker 3: Right, that's true.
Speaker 1: So it's like a death story. Yeah, we been here before.
Speaker 2: Hey, exactly exactly. It's another isolated incident.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Yeah, very isolated. Isolate to another stock.
Speaker 3: All right, let's move over to Netgear. Interesting here, the stock is up eleven percent. The FCC overnight issued and order banning consumer grade routers, which basically means you know routers in your home and mind are produced in foreign countries. They cite a threat to national security and consumer safety. But a beneficiary here would be Netgear because the company doesn't makes its routers in China. It has a transparent supply chain, it says, so it would make approval sort of conditional.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.