Speaker 1: Welcome to Good Game with Sarah Spain, where we've got our popcorn ready and a spot on the couch primed. It's almost WNBA Draft time. Baby. It's Monday, April fourteenth, and on today's show will be previewing tonight's draft with Jordan Robinson, host of The Women's Hoop Show. We talk about the importance of where a player goes versus when the top needs for teams drafting early, and the college players choosing to stay in school instead of entering the draft. Plus a game Cock on the Move, Love Crown's a Champion, and love in basketball in real life. That's all coming up right after this. Welcome Backslices, Happy Monday. Here's what you need to know today. Let's start with the WNBA. In tonight's draft, thirty eight players will hear their names called the Shed at Hudson Yards in New York City, though just sixteen were invited by the league to attend, including projected number one pick Page Beckers and National Championship runners up from South Carolina Sanaiah Fagan and Tahina Pow Pow, plus Notre Dame Sona citron USC's Kiki Eriefen TCUs Hailey van Lith and French phenom Dominique Maloga. Before any names are called, players will walk the Orange carpet with a live show hosted by Hannah O'Flynn and one of last year's most fashionable rookies, Los Angeles Sparks Rikia Jackson. You can catch that on the WNBA's YouTube channel and in the WNBA app starting at four thirty pm Eastern. Then a full slate of ESPN show is beginning with an L. Duncan hosted SportsCenter Live from Hudson Yards at sixth Eastern, followed by WNBA Countdown at seven and the Draft at seven thirty. Much more on the WNBA Draft with Jordan coming up later in the show. More WNBA news. The league is announced its inaugural Rivalry Week, presented by new partner Ally Financial. Caitlin Clark and the Indiana Fever will face Angel resind the Chicago Sky in prime time to tip off Rivalry Week in August, with other featured matchups including New York and Minnesota in a WNBA five Finals rematch, and Atlanta and their new acquisition Britney Griner facing her old Phoenix Mercury squad to college hoops, where another big name looks to be on the move. Flashy South Carolina guard Malaysia ful Wiley has entered the transfer portal. Ful Wiley helped Don Staley's Game Cox to the Final four this season and last year she was the SEC Tournament MVP as a freshman, helping the Game Cocks to a thirty eight no season in a national championship win. Meantime, this year's National Championship winners, Yukon, celebrated their victory with a parade in downtown Hartford yesterday. Thousands of people were on hand to watch the team, along with local businesses and media outlets, march down the streets of the capitol before speeches in front of the Excel Center, the huskies second home, gino Oriama Pagebeckers and Asy Fudd addressed the crowd, and Fudd returning next year to Yukon got the crowd fired up for more. Lastly, i's youma say, Yukon Nation, you guys are the best and let's run it back next year. If Azy plays anything next year like she did this year, they've got a real shot at it. To Hockey. Team USA defeated Canada two to one on Sunday the World Championships behind goals from Lee's deckline and Megan Keller. The US improved to three to zero in group play, with one final group play match tomorrow against Switzerland at one pm Eastern. Canada closes group play today at one pm Eastern against tournament host Chechia. Quarterfinal games are on Thursday. In the NWSL, the Orlando Pride in Kansas City Current ran their win streaks to four straight to start the season with wins this weekend, Orlando defeating the Seattle Rain one nil on Saturday behind a goal from Barbara Banda. Also on Saturday, Kansas City besting the San Diego Wave two nil with tallies from Debinia and Low Labanta. Also of note, Midge Purse back in action for the first time since her acl injury in March of last year. She was back on the field for Gotham FC on Sunday, entering in the seventy third minute and putting on the captain's armband. Gonzales had a brace and Gotham earned the three to one victory over the North Carolina Courage to Volleyball. Love Volleyball has its first ever champion crowned yesterday afternoon in Louisville. The title match was the culmination of a postseason that featured all six teams in the league, and a pair of underdogs made the most of that opportunity. Fifth seeded Love Austin and sixth seeded Love Omaha. Both teams finished the regular season with five and eleven records, well behind top seeded Atlanta and second seeded Houston, but no matter. In Friday semis, both underdogs fell behind but clawed back to come out on top, Austin upsetting Atlanta and Omaha upsetting Houston. Sunday's championship match saw Austin emerge victorious, beating Omaha in straight sets behind a dominant effort at the net with sixteen blocks and forty three combined points from former Texas Longhorns Madison Skinner and Logan Eggleston. Finally, Sports Illustrated has announced a new six spor competition, the SI Women's Games, set to take place this fall and air on SCRIPTS. The competition will take place in Oceanside, California, over the course of five days beginning October twenty eighth. It'll feature basketball, volleyball, tennis, gymnastics, flag football, and combat sports. Team Americas will take on Team World, with athletes facing off in individual and team competitions. All right slices. A quick note on the WNBA's current draft eligibility rules. This is info that should help you understand why college players you might have been watching all season are or aren't able to enter the draft process, why one and done's don't happen in the women's game, and the differences between domestic and international rules. So first, the rules for domestic prospects per the current CBA. A player is eligible if they graduate from a four year college within three months of the draft, or are four years removed from high school graduation, or turn at least twenty two years old during the year in which the draft takes place. The rules are much simpler for international prospects, which are defined as any person born and residing outside the United States who participates in the game of basketball as an amateur or a professional. Those players are eligible if they're at least twenty years old during the calendar year in which the draft is held. Worth noting, while international players become eligible at a younger age, they're impacted by the quote unquote prioritization rule added to the CBA ratified in twenty twenty. This is meant to keep players in the States and available for their WNBA teams, not missing long stretches to play with their national teams. To read more about that and why there are calls to adjust the prioritization rule in the next CBA, check out a recent Front Office Sports story done by friend of the show Annie Costable. We'll link to it in our show notes. All right, we're going to take a quick break when we come back. It's Jordan Robinson. We caught up with our last Thursday to chat all things WNBA Draft Us. Now a returning champ, she's hosted the newly renamed podcast, The Women's Hoops Show, formerly known as Queens of the Court. She also does biweekly WNBA chats as part of the new br Creator program, and she's a host for the Women's Sports Network. Oh and she's also co authoring a book on the history of women's hoops. I'm just tired reading it. It's Jordan Robinson, welcome back.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me back. Yes, I am always tired. After my bio. That just means I got a lot of tax forms to fill out because it's tax season. That's all that means.
Speaker 1: And you're getting paid, and you get paid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: We are both a little punch drunk as a result of our recent escapades at the Final Four, and no rest for the wicket because the WNBA Draft follows up right after everyone thinks we get a break, No, sir, we are still out here working and trying to get ready and keep up with all the news. So there's so much to talk about. There's so much intrigue this year, especially with players pulling out just weeks before the big event at Hudson Yards, Manhattan. So before we even get to the players who are eligible to be selected, let's have a brief chat about a couple of the women who will not be in New York City, starting with Olivia Miles. So, I want to get your take on this Notre Dame star for going the draft and instead entering the transfer portal and closing out her career at TCU.
Speaker 2: WHOA. I feel like shocked wasn't even the right word because it was a two punch. It was I'm not going into the draft, and especially with someone who was like for sure a number two pick, like we all know it's page And then it was going to be a Livia Miles, so you kind of already knew where you were going, what your future was going to look like. It was pretty solid. So then she says, nah, I don't want it, don't like it. Then I'm going to enter the transfer portal. And then that's when my eyebrows were like scathed off by the hot take of that. I am very curious as to why. I mean, I think she was just on TikTok Live the other day saying her and Hannah Hidalgo are good. I think those were a lot of rumors of maybe they just weren't getting along, maybe it wasn't enough shots, especially how we saw how that last game went against TCU, did not have their best game together or separately. But going to TCU where they make this historic run led by Haley Vanlyth, a lot of those seniors are gone. So I just don't see the picture, the full picture of why she chose that school. Mark Campbell has been recruiting his tailoff. Players have been saying high praise about him. Yeah, but I don't know what the other pieces are. If your goal is to be at the Final four and win a national championship, compete against a team like Yukon. So I just I don't see it. I don't see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I thought the same way you did. I wondered if it had anything to do with Hannah. You know, my brain always goes to, you know, whether there's tension in a locker room where you have a player who has said some pretty despicable things about queer people. I don't know anything about Olivia Miles sexuality or anybody else in that Notre Dame locker room, but I do wonder if there's anything there, because she's not the only Notre Dame player that is in the transfer portal and electing to go elsewhere. I figure with TCU, Hailey Vanlith sure put up a good advertisement for reinvigorating a career there and again very high praise from Mark Campbell. With Sedona and Haley and other folks leaving, it does feel like an interesting place. But maybe there's some other hunting being done in the transfer portal that we're unaware of that hasn't been announced yet. And it also does seem like a lot of people talked about the kind of financial backing that TCU has to try to lowar people. So maybe Olivia is just like, listen, I've got enough cachet that I can go where I want, get paid and then wait till that new CBA is in effect, see if the rookies are getting paid a little better, and make my way out. But yeah, that was the head scratcher for sure, Easy Fid. Coming back to Yukon, it was sort of a toss up. You weren't sure. But the way she's been playing, how high is her ceiling? If she plays a full year like she did down the stretch, especially in that title game.
Speaker 2: It is going to be such a fight for that number one draft pick next season. And I think that's what I'm so excited for November, so we can start having those conversations and see how it moves between her and Bets and maybe Flage. So many people fut around and found out that is like my favorite thing that I have learned over this past weekend. The sign I wanted on a shirt. She was balling out of control, and I think there were some wagms like dang, we gotta wait one more year, But then also we get to wait one more year so she can just sharpen those skills even more I saw that she was a part of the roster for the Kelsey plum Dog class, So there's even more things that she's going to be able to grow at. I don't know what else she needs to because the shot is looking great. She was out there crossing people over from South Carolina like these are really good defenders. So a full year it was. It was a tease in this championship game, in this March tournament for us as fans to be able to watch her do what she did at a high level for a full year. And she also deserves that. I think she kind of robbed for a lot of her college career, so it didn't surprise me that she just wanted one more year in college and to be able to be confident play with the you know, a Sarah Strong for one more year. Heck yeah, sign me up for that.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, they have a really good shot of repeating with the kind of talent that they already have those youngsters. So uh, you mentioned Flage Flage Johnson, the Queen of Nil, the mayor of LSU. She was slowed down a little bit by injury late in this season. She'll be back for another year with the Tigers. What can she do for her draft stock if she stays healthy and has another year building on what was a good year for her when she was healthy.
Speaker 2: The thing about Flage is that she is nice. Like you know, there's not a lot of players that you can say is just nice. It's smooth her handle her shot, but sometimes it could be a little inconsistent. And I think she would say that about her game too. I think getting more consistent and also getting stronger. I think I want to see her in the weight room. I want to see her getting Anne one after Ann one to get ready for the w because we know that once you get to that level, you got to be able to hold your own, hold your weight and not get knocked around. So if she's going to be driving into the paint, I think that's something that she wants to work on. But I think Flage is so smart. She knows the business side. She's making over a million dollars, so it's not that part. She loves basketball. She respects the game. She respects the WNBA, and you've seen her talk about it. She's like, ah, I can go out, but I just don't think I'm ready yet. Like I think I'm really good, but I know that the WNA players are great, so to have that sipe of self awareness is really commendable. And I think that she is going to keep working hard in the off season to make sure that she just has all her eyes dotted her t's cross before she enters the draft next year.
Speaker 1: Lauren Bett's coming back to UCLA tonight LATS and staying in school, but going to South Carolina, which is to be fascinating a handful of others that we are not going to see till next year. So let's get to the draft and the players who are going to be up for selection on Monday now. Earlier in the show, I explained the rules around eligibility for domestic and international players, but I would love it if you'd give a little context around how the w draft might be a little different from other sports. So if we've got newer fans coming in, can you tell us a little about how it's different in terms of how the players selected actually might not always make a roster or see playing time, unlike a lot of other drafts where we expect the top picks to be stars or contributors right away.
Speaker 2: And with other sports it's all picks, Like it's not even topics. It's like when you get drafted rounded.
Speaker 1: Date in the NFL, you're like still going to start.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're still there's still an ESPN camera, Like it's day three of the draft and somebody is still filming you after you're getting drafted. But once you get past, like especially a draft like this where it was gonna be loaded, but all those names that you mentioned, kind of going into next year, after probably eight in this first round, it's it's looking a little questionable. You don't even have a lot of the top contender teams even in the first round, barely even in the second round, because they're like, we got our crew, don't even bother don't even try to come to these training camps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're bringing everybody back. Good luck to every We're good.
Speaker 2: We're good. But last year, last year's draft, you know, I read somewhere that it was not even fifty percent of the players that got drafted made a roster. So when you think about your decisions and when you are a college player, you used up all your eligibility, you used up all your transfers, and you're like, Okay, this is kind of the next step because this is what I've worked for, Let's try. And that's what the draft kind of is. It is an audition. And what I say over and over about the WNBA Draft more than any other sport, is that it's not even about the order. It's about the fit. It is about the team that you go to. Because you could be seventh pick and someone could say, oh, well, there was six picks better. No, but you went to the perfect team that needed your position that you had the best chance to make a team. So it's not even about going top three. Yes, we know money is different in those top picks on your rookie contract, but it's about where can I go that they need my position, that I can be a backup to a superstar there that even if I don't make the team, if I go into training camp and the GM and the coaches know me and they know how I play, you go play overseas you might get called back. So it's this very much audition type of mentality that you want to make sure that your name is in those rooms when decisions are being made, when rosters are being discussed, no matter what order you fit into.
Speaker 1: Right, And I think thankfully there are a few more options. In addition to overseas, you could play athletes unlimited. I ran into Donna or under in the Final four area, and she's launching a new league that's supposed to be made a September kind of this upshot league is what I believe she said it was going to be called. That gives another opportunity. So we are seeing at least more places for Buible to continue to hone their craft and be available if there's an injury or if a roster spot opens up. But yeah, it's pretty wild. So if you're excited about some of your college faiths, they might not make the rosters. It might not make the rosters. Okay, a lot can change day of There could be some prize picks that shake things up. But let's talk about some of the projections. As of no pagebackers, no doubt number one pick, and also no real talk anymore about her wanting to avoid Dallas or force them to trade away the number one. How much of that do you think was media and how much might have actually been pages desired to think about going elsewhere.
Speaker 2: Gosh, I don't know. I don't blame the thought because Dallas the receipts. They're not looking good for the front office just as an organization. I love the city. I don't even know if it's really a city.
Speaker 1: It's in Texas though, yeah.
Speaker 2: It is in Texas unfortunately, but they are moving to a bigger arena. You have Arique there who's excited about you coming and has been tweeting and actively rooting for you in the final four as someone who went to Notre Dame. So this is there's excitement there. But I think it's more of the track record of what the organization of the Dallas Wings have done. When you look at the past of superstars wanting out, you think of a Skuyler, digg and Smith, you think of Eliz Cambage, you think of Alisha Gray was like, please get me out of here, Marina Mayby. So many stars have wanted out of that organization. And if it's my client, I'm like, Okay, what's going to change. What's going to change to make sure that my superstar is not disgruntled in a couple of years. So yes, if Los Angeles Sparks had that number one pick in the draft lottery, I don't think we would have been talking about this because it's La.
Speaker 1: It's La, though, but not necessarily a franchise that hasn't been full of its own issues.
Speaker 2: I also said that.
Speaker 1: I said that as well, but I think it's as much about the market. Yeah, yes, exactly, it's about the markets. I mean, if it was Seattle, we would have been like perfect. You know, this facility, the arena, the legacy, stepping into Sue's shoes, like it all seemed like a fit LA. We were like, well, it's La, good market for her, she's a superstar. We'll ignore some of the issues that they had. Dallas were like, it's.
Speaker 2: Exactly, it's a little too many, little too many red lives popping up.
Speaker 1: But let's let's talk about how do you see her fitting in with the likes of Ari Ga Goomwala, Alyssa Thomas, d jn A Carrington.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think it's a great fit. I think they have. You know, first of all, Kurt Miller in his first year as a GM with Dallas, I love the pettiness of getting the number one pick over his ex team, the Sparks, and said, how you like them apples? I love it, I love it. But he is also like building these hard nose group, like you have a Djna, you have an Alyssa Smith, but you still have a Tierra McCowan there who is put in work, taking up space in the in the post and Arique. You know, you had Asatu Sabli who was there, didn't not a lot of things happen, but she pieced and they're like, all right, we're gonna retool, We're gonna build things around this. Dallas last year needed a point guard. They needed someone to run the show. Arique is better off the ball. So Page coming in. She is a scoring point guard. She can get hers, she can go off. But remember as a freshman she was averaging almost six assists per game, and that's why she won Player of the Year, the first freshman to ever win that award. So I think she can come in and be this facilitator that Dallas needs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love I just heard the story. I hadn't seen it before that. When Azy was trying to figure out where to go, Page made a homemade mix of her assists to teammates and sent it to her and her family and said, this could be you if you come to Yukon. This is how I facilitate and make others great. Which is fantastic. I think that's why Arik is like, let me put aside my note of Dame jerseys for a bit. I'm gonna get fed over here. Also, you can't be doubling me if you're worried about Page creating her shots. So it's gonna be really fun to watch. And you have to hope that it's almost like the Fever. The Fever who were great with Tamika on the court, maybe not as much in the front office, and then had this lull to Meika catchings and then had this lull until Caitlin arrives and they know this is our moment. We have to capitalize. You have to hope that the Wings recognize the power page and they start figuring out how to make sure that they're taking advantage. All right, See, I'll get a number two. Pick. A lot of folks had Olivia Miles going to the Pacific Northwest. Who do you now see the storm taking.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm going international here. In my personal mock draft, Dominique Malonga from France is a problem six'. SIX i know that my dad has sent me the viral video of her dunking at seven and like four different times you know how parents do.
Speaker 1: That they're like off a, drop step off a drop, stuff, no, no no, momentum just. Standing, yeah.
Speaker 2: Incredible and she you, know she didn't even play that much on The france national team because they are stacked over. There but then she gets to go and potentially play With Gabby, williams who was Her french. TEAMMATE i just think that the idea Of Dominique, Malanga ezzie Magmagor Neca, gombique just long and just play a two three. Zone just have them at, wingspan arms, out nobody is getting in, there and then you Have Gabby williams And Skyler digg And smith pressuring the. Ball i'm just thinking of, defense of, length of. ATHLETICISM i think they should make this pick and that would be so much. Fun she's only, nineteen But essie was also only nineteen From australia when she came to The. Storm so seeing her develop and her just be the great player that she, IS i think the ceiling is really high For dominie.
Speaker 1: And playing, professionally playing around older, PEOPLE i think just changes that. Age it doesn't feel quite the same that would. BE i, mean that's a unicorn type. Player that even if you don't need, IT i think any team would feel like they have to take. Her, yeah The Washington mystics are going to play a huge role in this year's. Draft they Sent Eryl atkins to The Chicago sky that gave him the number three, picks so they've now got, three four and six In monday's. Draft NEW gm And Jamie Lea whidaman new head coach In Sydney. Johnson what's their, priority especially when they know they're dealing with those three picks right almost.
Speaker 2: In a row, there their priority is. Everything we are getting the best available because we need it. Desperately you do not have three picks in the first round if you don't need, bodies just anyone that you can get and building for the. FUTURE i think this is a very important draft for them because The Washington mystics started out terribly last, season as we, know what was it oh to, twelve oh and, Thirteen but then somehow we're still in conversations of potentially making the playoffs at the end of the. Season so you have good Pieces Aliah, Edwards Shakira, Austin Britney. Sykes they just injuries were really their biggest thing last year, healthy you add my picks number three A Sonya citron coming From Notre, dame who is going to be one of my favorite. ROOKIES i already know because she is so. Versatile she can guard the team's best, player she can spot up, shoot she can drive to the. BASKET i feel like she just has the pro body.
Speaker 1: Surprising size to write six to two at that guard, position, yeah.
Speaker 2: Exactly her size is really going to help her on the next. Level and then a little controversial app, FOUR i Have Kiki. RIAFIN i know that she has dropped and gotten as high as two from the start of the.
Speaker 1: Season she's after that first game With juju, out everyone was like her stock's never been high. Er she went, off and then the next two games you're, like you're like five for twenty eight or.
Speaker 2: Where, yeah back to where we were. Before but she can't go.
Speaker 1: Off it's a matter of trying to figure out what the difference was in those. Games was it the setup was which where she was getting the ball? Defender you know all that.
Speaker 2: To, me it's Potential. Kiki we've seen the greatness of, her especially At. Stanford you know she was playing with another. Star she doesn't have to be that number one, option especially when she goes to The, mystics especially as a, rookie she doesn't have to be that go to. Player if she can knock down that mid range at the free, throw if she can rip and blow by a slower, POST i think she will be a good. Pro AND i say call Edd Elena, deladon call her she, retired tell her to work With, kiki AND i think that could help her game and grow that a little.
Speaker 1: Bit. YEAH i think also it's really sort of unfair to take the last two games of a season where you have an entire game plan based around a superstar that goes down, injured and then all of a, sudden all the focuses on, you but you haven't really built a new game plan around the team that you have out. THERE i think that's a little bit. Unfair so certainly some. Potential then you Mentioned Aleah. Edwards that is someone WHO i think after watching her On, unrivaled they probably already know all this from seeing her in. Practice but if you're that, TEAM i think you find some ways to create space for her because what we saw on the ONE b one especially is that she can take anyone AND i, think you, know there's a lot of enthusiasm and excitement around her next season after what we saw In, unrivaled especially if she gets some. Help, okay so that's first two of those. Three she could get some backcourt help From Maryland's, sellers From Kentucky's, amore even From haley van lyth.
Speaker 2: Mm, hmmm, YEAH i like. That i'm trying to, think who DID i have for? Six, YEAH i Have. SELLERS i Have Shyanne sellers From. MARYLAND i think her draft stock has definitely been on the rise because we were able to see not only those fantastic games With Maryland March, madness but what she's been able to do Under Brenda freeze her whole. Career she stayed At, maryland she has played with, stars she's played With Angel, reyes she played With Diamond miller like she's been able to grow in her. Game AND i think she's just going to be that perfect. Piece and WHEN i think of The mystics they lost To Tory, walker kimbro To atlanta and free agency And Chyenne sellers could kind of fit that. Role i'm just going to come in off the, bench be a solid role. Player i'm not going to shoot high, volume But i'm going to be. Efficient i'm gonna get, Stops i'm gonna make little Mistakes like that type of player is someone you need in the, mix and especially with this rookie, CLASS i think she can be that for The.
Speaker 1: Mystics, yeah number five pick goes to The Golden State, valkyries who didn't make the SPLASH i expected or they hoped in free. Agency let's start there for a, second, LIKE i don't. Know i'm not a professional basketball player, barely BUT i feel LIKE i would want to go to a brand new franchise with incredible, facilities a lot of, enthusiasm incredible ambassadors on the men's, side and ownership that's willing to throw a ton of money and enthusiasm behind this new. Team get to set some records and expectations and be a part of this new. THING i was really surprised that they weren't able to draw some bigger names of free. AGENCY i was.
Speaker 2: SHOCKED i couldn't believe, it especially because of everything that you. Said but the basketball part that you forget or you're not thinking, about Because i'm also looking at all the shiny newness of a team One, historically expansion teams are not very. Great we just know. This they are building a team out of expansion drafts and they're kind of getting as much as they can, get so they usually finished towards the, bottom and maybe some of these stars were, like, Eh i'm tired of being at the. BOTTOM i want to win, now SO i want to go to a team. There the other part is a lot of these free agencies were, cored so they the. Teams if they were going to go to The, valkyrie The valkyries had to trade something in order to get. Them So i'm thinking of A Kelsey, plumb. Right she was definitely the name That i've thrown out. There Natalie nikasse is the head coach of The. Valkyrie she came from The. Aces i'm, like, okay they're gonna Get Kelsey. Plump but when The aces are, like, well who are you gonna give for? Them and it's a bunch of these great players but not enough to amount to a. Superstar so when you hear The valkyries talk about the disappointment and free, AGENCY i Think Kendrick andrews reported on. This they, said we just didn't have the. Capitol we didn't have the roster to trade for these superstar level, players and you gotta work with what you. GOT i think they have some. Dogs you Get Tiffany, hayes you Got Kate, Martin Moe, billings one of my. FAVORITES i love her a lot of effort. Players so with, THIS i Have anissamorrow going.
Speaker 1: Here, ooh what a fit because with those players that would be so fun're they're getting every loose ball.
Speaker 2: Rebound you will never question the effort of this, group AND i think she would fit. IN i Know Anis tomorrow is, undersize but what she showed us In March madness IS i can shoot the, THREE i have a mid, RANGE i have more to my. Game But i'm also going to give you a double double at the bare. Minimum. Yep so we saw that With Angel, rees the effort and the rebounding transfers to this. Level AND i think In tomorrow at five to The, VALKYRIES i like.
Speaker 1: IT i like that. Too, okay so after That mystic's third, pick we'll go to The Connecticut sun at seven and. Eight this team kind of needs. Everything they lost their entire starting. Five right, now it's Basically Marina maybry and the rack of spices that she got from Dje itt. Unrivaled there's some. Players no insult to the players that are. THERE i did look up their roster and like six of the players currently listed don't have a. Photo i'm, like are these made? Up did you make these people? Up what is the priority for the new head, Coach Rashid. Miziun that's a great.
Speaker 2: Question what DID i say for the? Mystics The sun will take anyone and. Everyone that's probably gonna be the most interesting training, Camp sarah, like, honestly because it's it's wide, Open like you can go into a training camp and be, like oh, Cool i'm the superstar of THIS wnba team THAT i was just on out of. Nowhere there is opportunity. THERE i Have Hailey bandlyth going to The sun here AND i think that one The sun need, Everything but she could be kind of this anchor person for a team and figure out HER wnba roots and what she wants to be and what type of player she wants to be on this is it also weird THAT.
Speaker 1: I like associate her with. CASINOS i don't know what it, is BUT i feel Like Hailey bandlth is like the perfect player to be on team that's in a.
Speaker 2: Casino maybe just, money maybe because she JUST i.
Speaker 1: Mean she's, money she's. CLUTCH i don't. Know there's a vibe, there there's a.
Speaker 2: Vibe it's a perfect. Match she likes. Casinos let me stand you to The connecticut. Side it's in a. Casino so, yeah nobody really who's been in the w wants to go. There so that's why they've been pulling some international players and they will build some rookies.
Speaker 1: To fill out this roster and remind, ME i think and believe and hope that they're one of the ones that's planning a new facility or AM i just wishing that into?
Speaker 2: Existence, yeah we are definitely wishing. THAT i think when there is such a mass exodus and everyone has all the players have just shit on your facilities and saying you're playing in a boys and girls. Club you need a break crown like yesterday if you want.
Speaker 1: ANYBODY i just made that up out of hope For marina and everyone. INVOLVED i just don't want them to be practicing next to a child's birthday party. Anymore but they will indeed be doing.
Speaker 2: That, Okay welcome To haley.
Speaker 1: Bends all, right what else do you have your eye on heading Into monday? Night anything else team wise or player wise that you'll be watching. For maybe A Kate martin moment where a player is ostensibly there to support other people and then randomly gets the.
Speaker 2: Call oh, man you, Know i'm just excited again when we talk about. Fit there could be some really fun fits that come out of, this you. Know one THAT i love Is Georgia amore potentially going to The la sparks her With Lynn.
Speaker 1: I've heard the sky, too Which i'm, like come, here give Us. Sundawalter, yeah that could be.
Speaker 2: FUN i can see that playing Behind Courtney vandersloot would be great for her. Career but then on the other, hand you could learn from A Elsea plumb Who she's also in that dog class With Kelsey, plum so maybe that chemistry kind of goes. There But Lynn roberts loves the, three loves to play, fast AND i Think Georgia amore could work really well. There but then on the other hand, too WHICH i think might be a little bit of a, sleeper Is Sanaia rivers FROM Nc. State not a lot of people have her HIGH i don't think she needs to be a high draft. PICK i think she is pro ready with her, body with her, athleticism she reminds, me and she could be something like A Rikiah. Jackson like, yeah going To minnesota at eleven Under Cheryl reeve and the development that we know that she Coach reeve, Does like that makes my basketball mind so happy at that potential for. Her SO i think there are some solid players that we were able to watch all college season. LONG i hope they get a. SHOT i hope they make a. Roster but it's just making me more excited about the debt you in, general because there's there's bucket getter's top to bottom on all these.
Speaker 1: Rests, well you also mentioned like good, fits as in fit for the team they're, On but what about other? Fits what about the fit check who's gonna win the game within the game on draft?
Speaker 2: Night oh my, gosh, WELL i mean page just last year she came with that all white, suit which is kind.
Speaker 1: Of like you're doing. Great yeah, yeah, camera it was.
Speaker 2: Like a number one. Fan but now she's gonna be on. Stage so we loved that fit last. Year she could go it has to top. That it's, oh it's gonna be. Great SO i Have paige winning winning that, award there's.
Speaker 1: Gonna Be it's gonna be. GOOD I i feel like. TOO i haven't really checked out her, fits BUT i feel like she is the kind of person THAT i could see all of a sudden going big on. Draft they were, like, okay, YEAH i, Was, YES i can see new.
Speaker 2: Hair, YEAH i love. This but also has always she's been coming to drafts like the past three.
Speaker 1: Years she might just show up in a swimsuit from That Sports illustrated. Shoot she might just roll in, rolling, rolling some, big fuzzy dim Awar why why is this my impression of what's going on and.
Speaker 2: What's her connection to? Casino somebody out think she has.
Speaker 1: One i'm just making it. Up. Uh producer said they're gonna have the best. Fit, Okay, Okay i'm just, saying you put it out there. Now So i'm gonna find a full body shot And i'm gonna be boop boop. Boop here's WHAT i. LIKE i don't like. This this is working tucking the. Food you're missing the jkl o.
Speaker 2: L there's a jk l okay too late safety, Bag, yeah too.
Speaker 1: Late you're getting the fit check you're getting the fit. Check, Jordan thank you so much for coming. On it's been a whild couple of, days but it's so fun to chat with you about this for so, long looking forward To monday.
Speaker 2: Night so thanks thanks for having.
Speaker 1: Me thanks so much To jordan for taking the. Time that was a. Blast we have to take another break when we come. Back hoops and gay, Shit welcome, Back. Slices we love that you're, listening but we want you to get in the game every day, Too so here's our good game play of the. Day watch all THE wnba draft, coverage starting with The Orange carpet at four thirty Pm, eastern going Through SportsCenter Wnba, countdown and leading up to the draft at seven thirty Pm eastern ON. Espn also before the, draft you can check out a really well done story about draft Prospects Sadona, prince written by friend of the, show ESPN's Katie. Barnes now you'll remember we've mentioned allegations of sexual and emotional abuse Against prince in previous. Episodes, Well barnes spoke to multiple wnbagms about their interest and or concern in drafting. Prints it's worth the. Read you can find the story via the link in our show. Notes we always love to hear from, you so hit us up on. Email Good game at wondermedianetwork dot. Com don't forget to, subscribe rate and review. Slices it's easy watch getting engaged a few days before THE wnba, draft rating ten out of ten the stuff hoops and gay shit dreams are made. Of Review Marilyn Star Shyenn sellers is one of the sixteen players invited To New York city for the draft, tonight and if she gets selected as, expected it could be one of the best weeks of her. Life just a few days, Ago sellers proposed to her girlfriend and former, Teammate Faith, missonis and she said, yes a whole fiance and a WHOLE wnba draft. Pick you're on top of the. World. Shi now it's your turn to rate and. Review thanks for. Listening see you. Tomorrow Good, Game, Jordan Good, Game love austink you seasonal. Allergies let me enjoy my spring blossoms in. Peace Good game With Sarah spain is an iheartwomen's sports production in partnership With Deep Blue sports And. Entertainment you can find us on the Ihear our radio App apple podcasts or wherever you get your. Podcasts production By Wonder Media. Network our producers Are Alex azzie And Misha. Jones our executive producers Are Christina, Everett Jesse, Katz Jenny kaplan And Emily. Rutterer our editors Are Emily, Rutterer Britney martinez And Grace. Lynch our associate producer Is Lucy jones And I'm Your Host Sarah spain