Speaker 1: More.
Speaker 2: I think I figured it out.
Speaker 3: Yes, let's hear it. Avery, After that stunt you pulled last night, this better be good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, sorry, I'm like guys, Oh, you would not believe what a morning I've had. First the flooded shower house last night. Then a group from my cabin decided it would be a good time to have a mud fight with all the overflow water. Everyone was disgusting, and I just managed to go down to the little creek and rinse myself off by the campfire site. The only problem was, well I soak my shoes in the process.
Speaker 2: Well I can't see.
Speaker 3: You smell much better, Oh, Jack, you smell like a wet dog.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that flood was a great distraction, But did you actually have to flood the boys showers? I mean that building is still closed and most of the guys aren't any better than me.
Speaker 5: Well, hopefully that gets figured out soon, but I still think it was totally worth it.
Speaker 2: Listen to this.
Speaker 5: When I grabbed Thatch's book, I opened it up to the first page and I found a dedication page. Dedication page, come on, you know the page where authors share a special name of someone who they wrote.
Speaker 2: A book for.
Speaker 6: Huh, never knew that was a thing.
Speaker 4: Ugh.
Speaker 5: Just listen to what it said for Elizabeth Thatch, my beloved daughter. Made this lead you to the truth? Signed Blackbeard?
Speaker 6: Whoa Blackbeard was a dad. He had a daughter.
Speaker 3: Did you say Elizabeth Thatch? So the initials e T engraved on the compass they stand for Elizabeth Thatch yep.
Speaker 4: And Blackbeard wasn't really named Blackbeard man, my whole life, I thought it was that guy's real name.
Speaker 5: I did some digging. Well, actually, Jim, the grounds guy did some searching for me, and Blackbeard's real name was Edward. So Edward that the same name as our camp director.
Speaker 3: Wait, mister Thatch is like Blackbeard's grandson?
Speaker 6: You mean great great great great great great great great.
Speaker 5: We get the point, Jack, Yes, all these stories of Blackbeard's heroism, the scuba diving, the obsession, it all makes sense. Thatch believes Blackbeard was a good guy and the treasure is rightfully his.
Speaker 6: But why keep it a secret?
Speaker 5: Because he wants to keep up the excavation project in secret. If that's trying to go about this like any other person, he wouldn't have the free labor, the funding, or the right to whatever he finds. He wants it all for himself.
Speaker 2: With the campus his.
Speaker 3: Front, He's gotten endless amounts of money and tons of fresh eyes searching the entire coastline. But what about Professor Hayes. Why's he helping him?
Speaker 5: He probably gets a cut of whatever they find. He's definitely in on the plan, which only makes him more of a threat.
Speaker 2: We are up against both of them.
Speaker 6: Hmmm, so now what we'll even believe us?
Speaker 3: I can say for sure this guy's not going down without a fight. He's too deep in. There's no way we're gonna get a straight up confession out of him.
Speaker 2: Not yet. We need more evidence.
Speaker 5: But I have an idea. I think we should test the compass.
Speaker 6: Ooh, I like it.
Speaker 3: Test the compass, like, see if it always points north?
Speaker 5: Kind of what if this compass isn't made to point north, but points to where the treasure is hidden? If I'm right, then it should lead us to whatever treasure thatches after.
Speaker 6: No hurt in trying. But what if we actually find it?
Speaker 5: I don't know, Jack, Maybe we just leave it there until we figure out what to do with that, and then go back for it.
Speaker 3: Guys, Look, at the time we're supposed to be on the boat in like three minutes.
Speaker 2: We gotta go.
Speaker 6: Oh good, Hopefully some ocean water will wash the smell off me.
Speaker 2: But hey, wait up, sh.
Speaker 7: Alrighty, alrighty, my Scoopa point winning team is at it again. Let's get out there and make it count. We are looking for anything and everything that could lead to more discovery. Remember the honor you'll receive if you find the best loop I mean discoveries.
Speaker 3: Well there's another clue or guy can't seem to keep this mission undercover very well?
Speaker 2: Here's sure right about that?
Speaker 7: Divers Here we go, Avery, your first Morgan, second Jack bringing up the rear.
Speaker 6: Yes, sir, Avery, is it moving?
Speaker 2: Yes? Over there, it's pointing down there.
Speaker 1: Come on, look.
Speaker 4: Behind those rocks shipwreck.
Speaker 5: When we did make it down to the wreck, it was like a step back in time. There was no denying the outline of what used to be a ship. The dye felt eerie and exciting. It seems strange that it hadn't already been discovered. Then again, it wasn't as big as I would have imagined. I'm guessing that the biggest ship he learned about in class was at least twice the size of this one, almost like a decoy or something. The small vessel just sat here all these decades, totally under the radar, totally safe from people like Thatch. After a few loops around the debris, I followed the compass down under what seemed to be the bow of the ship. I reached under a few old wooden boards, and right there, with an arm's reach was one gold coin, as shiny as ever.
Speaker 2: But just as I grabbed it.
Speaker 5: In my hand, I started to feel something pulling me up further and further from the ocean floor. I'm being pulled away, Avery, I get out of there.
Speaker 2: It's the current. I'm drying. I got you, Avery, grab.
Speaker 3: My hands, I got you?
Speaker 1: Okay there?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Thanks?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 3: Where's Jack?
Speaker 8: Jack?
Speaker 4: Jack?
Speaker 5: Jack?
Speaker 2: Jack?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 5: Guys, Jack, don't scare.
Speaker 3: Us like that. What are you still doing down there?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 4: Just grabing this by guy. Might not be mister Thatcher's treasure, but a sure will give us something to test out. I can't wait to see what Professor Hayes and Thatch do now that we actually found something.
Speaker 2: Over here.
Speaker 8: Fucks call today, Avery, Yeah?
Speaker 3: Where's Jack?
Speaker 2: Not sure? Wasn't he bringing that lock to that?
Speaker 3: You don't think they Hey, guys, oh where have you been? We've been worried sick about you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what happened Jack?
Speaker 5: What did that say?
Speaker 4: Well? He started off pretty excited, especially because Professor Hayes couldn't contain his excitement, But then he started rambling questions about where I found it and everything. He didn't even take a breath to hear my answer, though, then he froze. It's like something on that lock flipped a switch in him. Just can't really figure out what.
Speaker 2: Well, was he happy about it or mad?
Speaker 6: I have no idea, just pat in my back, said good lad and sent me out. It's like he was stuck in his head.
Speaker 3: Weird, Avery, What do we do now? You said you saw more treasure down there too, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm just not too sure what to do yet. We have to figure out this next move.
Speaker 1: And so, dear friends, remember this tale of Blackbeard the Pirate, not as the villain of legend, but as a hero of the high seas, whose noble deeds live on in the hearts of all who hear his name. In the end, it was Blackbeard who emerged victorious, his courage and righteousness shining like a beacon in the darkness. Will you carry on the truth? Will you carry on the legacy of this noble man, the one to whom the treasures of the sea were owed?
Speaker 6: Listen to this? Doesn't anyone else around here see the red flags?
Speaker 1: I'm counting on you to join the cause. I deem tomorrow the first ever scuba escapade. Let's carry on the name of Blackbeard and hit the high seas. We begin at dodd Well.
Speaker 3: I guess we know that Locke meant something to him.
Speaker 6: He's planning a master excavation and we're his like.
Speaker 2: We're his pirate crew.
Speaker 5: How Thatch managed to get everyone else at this camp on board with his ridiculous stories.
Speaker 2: I don't think I'll ever know.
Speaker 5: Just looking around, campers just seemed to blindly smile and agree with literally anything that comes out of his mouth. Come on, how I know is that I have about twelve hours to actually get some campers on our side.