Speaker 1: Hello, lovely friends. It's me Devin Simone.
Speaker 2: And I'm Davon Rogers and this is MTV's official challenge podcast. Whoop, Another episode, another day, another challenge.
Speaker 3: My goodness, I feel like I could smell this episode. I feel like it's all like sweat, maybe some tears, some dirts and ToeJam. It was a lot happening in this episode. A lot going on this particular daily was interesting. Who took all the time to dig up those trenches first of all?
Speaker 1: Second of all, it looks so hot, and all the shoes that were lost. Yeah, in this episode, it was absolutely wild. How do you think you would have done? Is this your vibe?
Speaker 3: Like doing puzzles and running through the trenches with balls?
Speaker 1: Is that your thing day?
Speaker 4: Puzzle? Sure? Running? Absolutely not.
Speaker 2: We know that I have asthma, so it would have been starting stop a lot. The way they would have been, Like dave On, I'd have been like I'm sorry, like bad, but yeah, how about you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this was a lot, Like poor Vi lost her shoe. The puzzle seemed really I mean, even the people who got the puzzle, they were sort of like holding it up, some of them to keep it stacked while it was doing the check because it was those balls that like don't fit. It was just it just seemed particularly difficult, but a lot of fun to watch, and Jordan taking the wind like.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, Jordan and shout out to Car like Carl when it's time when she needs to, Car's gonna make sure she pulled out that wind like she was like, yeah, I'm not taking me up out of here, so we're gonna go ahead and.
Speaker 4: Get this win. So I'm very, very very excited and proud of Car for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she did an excellent job and so did Live. I mean, both of them did it quite quickly, did it well, did it.
Speaker 1: On their own. Props to them for doing that and doing such a great job.
Speaker 3: Also, while this was going on, there were some interesting sort of facts spit, so we see the argument with Michelle and Josh happened at the beginning of the episode. It's kind of like Banana's Michelle Josh like getting into it, and Kylin had a word and confessional. He said, you can be friends with everyone, but you can't be allies with everyone, and the sooner Josh realizes it, the better to help his game.
Speaker 1: And I think that's so true. People like try to.
Speaker 3: Blur that line maybe a little too much, which then makes it really difficult, which I think is just really complicated and probably complicates things for Josh. But I think it makes it really complicated because we saw Michelle mad at Josh right last episode for like who he was cheering for and that right, you know debacle, which is a.
Speaker 4: Little don't support anybody.
Speaker 3: Michelle's like, I'm pissed, so you have to be pissed someone else who is spitting facts Bananas, He doesn't always fit them, but he does sometimes. Banana said when the fight was going on, he says, his dad told him, you control someone to the degree you throw them out of control. What do you think about that?
Speaker 2: I think that it was spot on, and I think that Bananas was the wrong person to tell that too.
Speaker 4: His daddy should have kept that in his back pocket. But yeah, but we see it play out. We see it play out in full in full time.
Speaker 2: So shout out to you, Bananas for knowing how to play the game of which your face is attached so right for.
Speaker 3: Sure, Literally like getting someone a spiral, it's always, I would say, be afraid of the person who's calm and anger, you know, not the one who flies off the handle, be afraid of the one who's like just chilling because.
Speaker 4: That's me silence.
Speaker 1: That's probably a little scary exactly.
Speaker 3: So with this challenge, we see something we haven't seen all season, right, so we see car the three targets automatically get their fate sort of decided because Kara wins and then the other target, Michelle loses is the last place, so she's notatually going in, which then means Olivia, who even though she came in second place, has to go against Michelle.
Speaker 4: And that sucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ye that sucks.
Speaker 2: Like to come in second place and it's like, yeah, you're still going in like that sucks.
Speaker 4: Sucks. And to go on against your best friend like that, that sucks too.
Speaker 3: Nellie said, too is not a winner and three nobody remembers and man looks right in this, I'm talking about Saint Lunatics, Nelly everyone by the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like that. That's tough.
Speaker 3: But it's great for Jordan because Jordan doesn't have to make any of this sticky.
Speaker 2: He doesn't have to do anything smooth week, like good for Jordan's smooth week.
Speaker 4: I you know that, Darn Jordan, I'm watching.
Speaker 2: I watch every season, but this season, I feel like somebody needs to do something, somebody.
Speaker 4: He's costing good way.
Speaker 1: To the end. I don't feel like anyone's trying to start.
Speaker 4: The women he has the women, Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, he's packing a powerhouse and Tory, and you know, if you go against him, it's like going against Tory. And I don't think those women are gonna you know what I mean, So I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're letting him coast all the way into dinner.
Speaker 3: And I also have to say this to Bananas, like, yes, he has a target, or in his words, a double target, since he made custom one. I appreciate his dihyecrafts on his arm, but look for as much as we give Banana's flag for doing this for you know, two centuries now, he manages to create a pathway to the wind almost every time, even when each new season it almost seems harder because people know that he's a threat, you know, like he can't really hide as much behind They're like, oh, I'm not a threat and all these other things. And yet yes, he's causing a stink.
Speaker 1: Literally and figuratively in the house.
Speaker 3: He I mean I now, whereas before maybe I didn't, I see a pathway where Bananas could potentially come out on top again as a guy, like I mean, we saw it with the Mini Final, right, he did a great job.
Speaker 2: I just yeah, I'm looking at these these last targets. Right, we have bananas, Josh and Cory Bananas against either.
Speaker 1: Right, what do you think? Right?
Speaker 4: What do you think?
Speaker 1: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I didn't even And this makes me so nervous for Josh.
Speaker 2: Like I love Josh, I will always support you and have your back, Josh, but going against either, I'm a little nervous.
Speaker 4: I'm a little nervous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But I will say this, the eliminations, especially in this sort of like second half, have been great balances I think of like physical and mental, you know what I mean, like really kind of equalizers. Now, maybe not the one with THEO, just because THEO is so tall and so that was just like a disadvantage, but in general I feel like it's so there could be an equalizer because Corey smart, you know, Corey strong and Corey smart. Josh's strong and has a lot of heart, and.
Speaker 1: He's smart too.
Speaker 3: I was about to say, now, ma'am, I'm not saying he's not smart. I'm just saying I look, okay, look, if we're gonna get all we're gonna keep it all the way real, which is what we do on this podcast. And I'm talking to you listeners as well, and you can come let me know what you think. But if we're talking about if you had to have one of the three strategize your life, okay, like it was a chessboard, who are you picking first? Exactly, That's what I thought. So, like I said no shade to Josh. I adore him, and he played if you want to talk about heart, he obviously like they all have heart, but my god, Josh has it and wears it on his sleeve. But but from a strategy perspective, I think the ability to think of strategy pretty quickly. Johnny nails that every time, and I think when Corey doesn't get in his own head does a good job of that too. So yeah, that's gonna be. Like I didn't want this episode to end. I wanted it to just roll over into the next year because I do want to see what happens and how this all plays out.
Speaker 4: Because him that it's it's slowly becoming the Him and Michelle show.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and I want to I want to see how that plays. And you know, you get little peaks of Rachel, little peaks of Kara. But oh oh, and I am a fan of this new duo of Corey and Kara.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am.
Speaker 4: I'm a fan of this.
Speaker 1: I like it, y y see, I like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I like that. I think that I think them together could be very dangerous.
Speaker 3: Carrory, car Or Cory Cory, Cory and Maria Cory, Maria or Carrory.
Speaker 1: Let us goes, you guys like better? But yeah, I like Corory.
Speaker 3: I think I agree because it's kind of like this Bonnie and Clyde because they both don't really have a strong supporting team.
Speaker 1: And I love the way Kara approached it where she didn't get mad.
Speaker 4: One.
Speaker 3: I love that Corey was honest with Car right where he was like, look, I want to be on your team, but I have to put Michelle first, because that's how it's been so like. I love that he was honest about it, and I love that instead of Car getting mad and storing off, Car was like, okay, but if she says your name, like just know that we're here, and I don't if they gave each other the little look that they did right after she said Michelle said Corey's name, like sore for it.
Speaker 1: I'm really here.
Speaker 4: Oh Michelle, God, I wish you would have did that.
Speaker 1: But turn it up.
Speaker 3: That one was tough for me though, because I adore me some Derek too, like I love me some Derek and him crying.
Speaker 1: They need to make a gift out.
Speaker 3: Of him holding the scarf and crying those little like facial expressions.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, so precious, so good.
Speaker 3: All I know is it's just like TJ's shirts this season. It's getting really good, and I'm excited to see how it goes. But I'm also excited to hear who you're awarding your gold Star of the Week two and who's getting your time out.
Speaker 2: Okay, So at first I was playing by the rules, Devin, you would have been so proud of me. And then at the last minute I threw in a curveball. Okay, so I had one gold star winner. And then I started looking at Derek, okay, and the way that he's playing this game and the way that these women look like his social game has gotten him so far like, oh my goodness, and we spoke about the Silent Assassin. I do believe that Derek is somebody to absolutely watch for. So before I take that into consideration, my only star holder was Michelle, and I wanted to give it to Michelle because she's becoming a little elimination powerhouse like she she's becoming a little elimination powerhouse. And then to have to go into elimination mentally and take out two of your besties because she took out Maya too, so to take out two of your besties back to back like that, that can take a toll on you. And so she's she's in there, she's fighting for her life. She's going up against Johnny, like you know, her man is gone, Like, she's in there battling a lot so still to pull out that win.
Speaker 4: I'm super, super super proud of her.
Speaker 2: So I think ultimately I'm gonna go ahead and give my gold Star to Michelle. But Derek, my eyes are very much so on you, and I see the game that you are playing, like absolutely, how about.
Speaker 1: You my gold star?
Speaker 3: Because I do follow the rules and I' kidding I do, but I love what you brought up about Derek, because that actually is.
Speaker 1: Such a good point. I agree.
Speaker 3: I love watching him in this game. Like I said, he's one of my favorite people just in general. I believe what you see is what you get, so really appreciate that about him and excited to see how far he goes. Like I would love if he came out as the underdog and took it home. I mean, where people underestimated him and he takes it home. That would be amazing. So anyway, my goal star ultimately goes to Michelle. I mean I think to come to at the start of the episode to have been last place last week, you know, you obviously are a target, but also you have a one minute penalty, and then you come out at the end of this episode on on top and in power. While it's terrible that she had to take out her friends to do it, I just thought it's been beautiful watching her journey and yeah, the confidence she displays and going up against bananas because that is no small pun not intended this time, and so yeah, I props to her. And then I think for my time out nomination, it's gonna.
Speaker 1: Go to the shoes.
Speaker 3: Why are there a ton of shoes that ended up getting lost in the mud. Poor Aviv also props to a Viv for continuing on with the eyes like for this, I'm gonna just go like, do you know how how much it hurts to like run on a hard, dry, rocky part, Like I know part of it was mud, but part of it was dry and rough.
Speaker 1: That's just her.
Speaker 2: Her foot was already messed up right from the previous challenge.
Speaker 3: Like I you know, I don't know if bananas is giving super pedicures or what. And that allowed a Viv the strength to carry on or if it's just she's a fighter. But yeah, the time out of the week definitely goes to Aviv's shoe.
Speaker 1: Who gets your time out of the week.
Speaker 4: My time out of the week goes to Johnny all by himself.
Speaker 2: I need him to be delivered from feet like I need deliverance to a cur I am one of them. I am one of those people. I do not like feet, Like feet gross me out. And so for us to see you clipping your toes in one episode and now you rubbing and dubbing other feet, and I need you to be delivered, Johnny.
Speaker 4: Deliverance is free, and.
Speaker 2: I need you to get you some Okay, so that's who my timeout goes to.
Speaker 3: For sure, know that if you like feet, this is our disclaimer. We do still appreciate and love you and we will not chudge you for that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it is interesting.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of footness happening, and also the Bunyan shaming.
Speaker 1: Okay, we need to cut out.
Speaker 3: The Bunyan shaming, all right. There are a lot of reasons that that happens. Okay, it just means that you're a powerful person. Cut out great answer shaming.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not that good.
Speaker 4: I do have a bunion.
Speaker 3: I'm not particularly good. But yeah, cut out the Bunyon shaming. And while we cut out the Bunyon shaming, we're gonna cut in a fabulous interview. We are going abroad mainly because our guest is currently not in the United States right now. But you are not gonna want to miss this next interview with Olivia and a surprise special guest. So grab a snack, stretch out your feet, clean them something I don't know. Do whatever you do, but don't go anywhere because we have fabulous interview with Olivia coming right up after this.
Speaker 2: Okay, Friends, family, and cousins, and everybody that's listening.
Speaker 4: We have a very very very special guest today.
Speaker 2: We have the miss Olivia here in the building with us on the podcast.
Speaker 4: Hey girl, Hey, hey ladies.
Speaker 2: Hello, welcome, welcome to the podcast.
Speaker 4: It's so good to have you back.
Speaker 5: I'm excited to be here.
Speaker 1: We're excited to have you live.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: Just fill us in, ma'am. Where exactly are you and who might you be with?
Speaker 6: Ye?
Speaker 5: Right, honestly, I forget where i'm every day because I'm traveling every day. But I am currently Actually this is a little special situation. And Theo's hometown's called Bath. It's in It's in England, but yeah it's Bath. So we are I think going to be some of his friends is like grow friends from like growing up like high school, and maybe some of his family maybe.
Speaker 4: Come on, come on exciting live.
Speaker 1: That's so exciting.
Speaker 3: I know, it's crazy, so safe to say things are going well with you guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah they are. I mean, like, listen, we all know my track record, okay, and I am not oh boy, but I will say like I am. When I met THEO, I think that well, when I met him, at first, me and him had a little bit of banter mostly him with me, and I kind of was like, I'm just I'm going to try to stay single for one show ever of my life, and it just clearly didn't work out that way. But I'm happy it didn't, just because, Yeah, I honestly like haven't been happier with someone. And it's funny because you know, the person that I saw, I knew of THEO is so different than the person that I know to like my core now to this day. So if you were to gamble on our relationship at the beginning, I would have probably taken the bet against it's working out too. So I'm very happy to say that we are good.
Speaker 1: Oh we love that.
Speaker 2: But you know that's just like they say, different people bring out different things in a person, and so there are certain things that are within him that probably only you could have brought to the surface. Devin and I were talking on a previous episode, and now I believe that my theory is correct.
Speaker 4: Devan, Okay, okay, it's not not to jump the gun.
Speaker 2: But since Olivia, you know, goes home in this episode, my theory was I think I think that the fate of YouTube.
Speaker 4: Was not to win this season. It was to find each other so.
Speaker 2: Long, right, and so you you leaving right afterwards, and it's like, oh my goodness, you know, and now we have the update, y'all are literally lit's talk you about to meet his mama?
Speaker 5: Girl, I don't know, so it's actually anything you say that because we'll get into the episode obviously. But when he when when he got eliminated, I got eliminated. The following week after, he actually waited for me in Vietnam.
Speaker 3: I was wondering if he was still there waiting for you. Did you know he was still there, wait, because when we see you exit, you say I'm going to go see my man.
Speaker 5: So so he told the producers or someone to tell me, like, hey, I'm waiting for Olivia, to let her know obviously if they're not going to do that because they don't want my head to probably out of the game or whatever. So they didn't tell me that. And so when I left, I was getting in like the little getaway car going to my little hotel, and they're like, by the way, THEO waited for you, And I was like, what, yeah, And actually it was Nya and THEO. They both they both waited and we ended up doing a little vacation. It was me, Nya and THEO and we just honestly had the best time. And I don't think if it were for me getting eliminated when I did and him getting eliminated when he did, I don't know if we would be where we're at because us going on that almost two and a half three week vacation after it let us see if this was like real or if this was just for comfort, you know how things go on the show. So yeah, I think everything was like you know, in the stars, and I'm not mad about it. I'm very proud of the way I played this season. Even I may not be in the light the spotlight this season, I have no regrets at all.
Speaker 3: We hear you say that too in the elimination when you're hugging Michelle, which was such a beautiful moment to see, like it was a sad, emotional moment, but also beautiful to watch you all's friendship and the way you comforted.
Speaker 1: Her even though she won.
Speaker 3: And then when she was comforting you and she said and you said, you know, I'm proud of myself. I played an honest game. It really was just beautiful live like you did play a really great game, and we're a fierce competitor and seeing you guys's friendship blossom throughout this season is amazing.
Speaker 1: And you mentioned sort of proving yourself.
Speaker 3: Or feeling like you needed to that it wasn't a fluke that you are tough competitor after what we've seen of you in previous seasons, and like girl, you give it every season, like every time you bring something to the show. Now, granted you were a villain and at least one previous season.
Speaker 1: But you were a lot too. Yeah, every season.
Speaker 3: So let's start with the game a little bit, and let's take it back to last week's episode. When you know Bananas selects you as a target, you seem like you're surprised and shocked. What was going through your mind up until that point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, it was no secret that Johnny wasn't working with me or Michelle. The reasoning he gives, obviously is because we picked up inside and whatnot. But the reality is this game was a girl influenced game, and the reality is he wanted to work with the strongest women and by default, you know, at the time, me and Michelle were not seen as maybe some of the strongest competitors for the girls side. So I don't think that Johnny saw us winning dailies to save him. So I don't think that we were an asset. But in Johnny fashion, he couldn't just say, oh, sorry, guys, like it's not going to work, you know, with us. He's got to make it like it's not gonna work, but let me make a scene about it while it goes down, you know. So I wasn't shocked that I was picked by any means, but I was definitely shocked he had to do the little like thorn in the side situation, because I was like, what the fuck, Johnny, Like, you know exactly what it was, and so did I. And it wasn't personal. It was just what it was, you know. And for you to say that when you know that me and Johnny were friends, by the way, Like even on the on the plane going to this season, I was like talking to him, I was like, I just feel so like defeated after last season, Like I just feel like, although what I did was shown, I feel like that's not my character and most my and everyone in my life knows that there's a reason why I have so many friends on the show and you know, outside the show. It's because I am a good friend, and so it was just hard for me to swallow being misunderstood. And I think that just comes with people pleasing as well, which I'm learning about myself. At the point where I'm at right now, I don't care the same way. But at the beginning of the season, I was, like, you know, still been out of shape about it, especially going on to this season with Nourice and me and Reese. By the way, we were good. There were things that we need just to still stort out and talk about, but we were good for the most part because Nourice forgave me and if no reason, we can still be friends to this day. It obviously she knows it wasn't I'm not a horrible person, if that makes sense, Like if I was this evil, vicious, malicious person, she would not be friends with me again, Like that is just She's a smart girl. So I think when I was telling Johnny about, you know, my feelings and how I'm feeling misunderstood and I'm kind of hurt by everything, and rightfully so he was comforting me, and I feel like he used everything I told him as a friend and kind of threw it back in my face in that moment, knowing that it's going to be in the public eye yet again, of this long story of me basically now having just a full on scarlet letter. Garlet make I chuse if we will. It's just like he knew what he was doing and it hurt because he was my friend and he knows I'm not that he knows I am not a snake. So at this point I'm gonna laugh about it. And it's instead of fighting it, I ride with it. Be like cool bym a snake? Then guess what I'm gonna be Medusa and I'm gonna turn you to stone.
Speaker 4: One of these days.
Speaker 5: Bedroom coming right?
Speaker 3: So does that mean just because it sounds like you said, you and Nurse you know are cool to this day. So you and Nurse are cool? Or are you and Hirasio cool? Do you speak to them really outside of the game at all now? Or is it you guys are just kind of pleasant and amicable when competing in the house.
Speaker 5: No, yeah, I mean Nurice and Arrasio are in a relationship. They are in their own bubble, as they should be. And the truth is Arassio has never changed. He stayed consistent from day one oft me meeting him and everything. And he's never been for the cameras, he's never been for social media, so he's not really one too. He does his own thing when he's off the show, and that has stayed consistent. And so, yes, I just wished him. Are still congratulations about he was doing like this hundred one hundred mile run I think it was, and he's just like, thanks live, you know, I actually really miss seeing you. I really missed you. And I was just like, so me and him, we are good. But it's just nice to know that he's always a friend if I need anything, and if vice versa, we would be there for each other. And I was just in Spain and nurse called me because a little situation on Twitter was going down, and she was just like girl, and I was like, so it's cool that she's still calling me to you know, vent and talk about things that are are pretty you know, serious to her in the moment. So we're close. You know, I wouldn't say we talk every single day, but we definitely are. Are so cool.
Speaker 3: When you're referencing that thing on titter, I'm assuming you're talking about the Laurel Lurise feud.
Speaker 1: That was taking us on social Yes, girl wild.
Speaker 4: What are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 5: My thoughts, well, let's see. I think you know. Listen, I think everyone at this point has the same thought, right, If you have a thought that's different, I would like someone to let me know. But I think that when something that must be going on in Laurel's life, and it's not me to find out. But she is not the same Laurel that I met on Ride or Dies, the Laurel I mountin Rider Dies made me fall in love with her this season and just what she has said and done to people that I love and are close to me. And also she has said a couple of snarky things as well to me that aren't really important enough for me to ever address. I just, honestly, I'm just gonna let it roll up my back because it's not a fight worth fighting, because I don't need, I don't need, I don't need anything from it. But it's just it's something's going on, and I've I hope the best for her. I hope she figures it out. I think that Arassio is not in love with her, and I don't think that he ever has been. Unfortunately, I think that he's gonna stand by his woman to wreath and I've known him and I've seen him talk about girls before. It's never ever, ever been the same as he's talked about So I think there might be a little jealousy there or delusion. I don't know what's worse.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmmm hmm.
Speaker 3: Speaking of delusion, let's talk about Banana's angels. So, boy, oh boy, what there was a lot of foot stuff happening. Okay in the last two episodes between the toenails, the foot massages nail painting.
Speaker 1: One did it smell in the house? And two? What are your thoughts about all that? You all that going on?
Speaker 5: I would say the foot thing? So god, I mean, what do you guys think watching the episode? Do you think it was?
Speaker 3: You don't have to censor yourself. Let's just say this again. Yeah, I can see you thinking, mincing words.
Speaker 1: Don't worry. It's just me and Day. Nobody else is even listening except for maybe theater.
Speaker 4: Right, That's fine.
Speaker 2: Olivia said, Man, look, I just got out the trenches from last season, like.
Speaker 5: This is what this is my opinion. Okay, I think that Johnny has a joke, and also it's not a joke. He likes feet, you know what, and go off. He's a lot like whatever he wants. I think that it is true people getting messages and Whatnotuh, but the common denominator with the Angels minus Rachel was they were getting a lot of foot massages and it was just it was excessive in my opinion, and it was just kind of became a joke. And obviously something's talked about enough, the joke continues like multiple times a day. It just kind of becomes the forefront of you know, everyone's everyone's mind, a vibe. I think, did she got planter fasciitis, She got a backfoot injury, so Johnny was rubbing her feet a lot, and and it was to be friendly, you know how the challenge can get like we are competitors and like there's not like a massage therapist coming in and save our lives. So so I do know that. But to say that Michelle is trying to start, you know, something out of absolutely nothing is just not the case. She she just saw an opportunity obviously to do a little dig and it worked.
Speaker 3: So then I think that kind is starting something because we see her in confessional actually say like, look, I know I'm starting something, so like, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 5: She knew, she knew that. Yeah, she knew she was going to get a reaction and they might get triggered by it. But listen, we were pissed off at the time. You know, Michelle's the last place I am like automatically, even though I came in second, I almost won literally second, fine, Kara, I was like, wow, I now I default I'm getting drugged down in the sand. You know. So we're obviously like upset, feeling some type of way. We don't have anyone else to point our fingers to other than Johnny, who decides to sit right next to us in the back, you know, and it's like it was just a mess. I mean, listen, Johnny just doesn't like us because we don't have good feet. Okay, I'll say her first, you know, literally just amazing feet.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, stand by your woman. We love that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he'll suck my toes.
Speaker 3: It's fine, Oh okay, And on on that note, right on that note, we have to say a quick break, which you already know.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back after this.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's get back to the show.
Speaker 3: Let's talk a little bit about this challenge. So it took place in you. You were running through the trenches literally that spelled out forty and we see a lot of sun, people complaining it's hot. We see concepts of a puzzle, and we see a lot of mud and people losing shoes.
Speaker 1: Can you walk us through that day?
Speaker 3: And I mean you crushed it, like you said, you came in second, but it looks really hard. People were really struggling. Walk us through the hardest part and what it was like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So the way it looked, we were like, damn, like is this going to be a full on, like just like brief for all haulbrowl because we didn't see the we didn't see how big the trenches were going to be. But it was first of all, I hope that every single person that's come on here has like been very clear on how hot it was out there. Yeah, I mean, okay, it was. I live in Arizona, Phoenix, Arizona. If you've been there or you know about it, it's one hundred and twenty in summer on a cool day. It had to be one hundred and twenty if not maybe a little bit higher and humidity, so it makes it worse. It's so hot. You know, by the comet blows a horn, we're already tired. But yeah, so we run in the trenches, and all I knew is that just I just didn't want to get last. I kind of had an idea if I wasn't going to get first, I had a probability of going in still, just because Naya and Michelle previously went together. I only thought fair because I thought Kylin was gonna win this one. I'll be so honest with you, because Kyland is great at puzzles and he's just it's Kyland. So I was like, Okay, Kylin will probably win this one. And if it's between me and car and Michelle, I thought Michelle was going to do really well this to be honest, by the way, So if it was between me and Kara or me and Michelle, I Kylin was going to pick me anyways, because it was kind of we had this conversation a while back that he put to Michelle against Naya, I'll take the next one if he's put in the middle, just because it wasn't really fair for him to keep choosing between me and Michelle and putting Michelle in every single time. So I was like, I'm just gonna give him my all. Let's do this. It was the it was so muddy, it was so deep. The haystacks were like prickling you everywhere, like there was a lot more crawling. People were helping each other when you were like not expecting it. Like I heard people would be like, wait, pass me that, and they were helping me. I was like, wait, what since when are you guys working together? Yeah, and so it was just interesting. And this was the first time I was like, damn, like it's it's definitely like all for one and one for all, you know what I mean. So it was just like it was definitely like I am alone. So yeah, I was like okay, and I and I kind of knew this puzzle a little bit. I Michelle described it. I think it was on Survivor or something like that, or I can't remember where it was. No, Kyland. Kyland was like I've seen this before. And of course as soon as you start talking strategy, they're like line up. You're like, damn it, Like I really needed to know this. So Kylin's like you just got to stack it like four or three, two, I'm like Kyland obviously, but like what does that mean? You know? So I was just yeah, giving my all and I finished pretty quickly actually, and then I thought I got it the first time. But I'm interviewing it, king, Wait, what is the talk? What do you say? Oh? Oh my god, Dad, that's the whole other thing. He's trying to talk about the mini final Corey. People on Twitter are not people like Josh and some other people saying that we were helping each other. I'm like, honey, we were not helping each other when we're me and Corey ever working together all season, like literally not not true. Anyways. Yeah, I mean this this challenge, in my opinion, was one of the not easier, I'd say, but it's one of the most like equalizing challenges because you know, it really was just like sprint. There was no hall brawling into each other, there was nothing. So yeah, it was pretty fair. I thought. It just sucks that, you know, I just couldn't get it done fast enough. But I'm proud of Kara. You know, Cara was like just at the bottom with us as well. I know the episode kind of I think they're portraying it as she is playing both sides ish or something too, But that's just like not the case. She really was at the bottom with us, and in my opinion, and so I was proud of her, you know, like she's a fighter, and I was gonna be happy if anyone of us targets got it, you know what I mean. It just sucks that it had to be me and Michelle. And then automatically, I just we both start crying. They don't show that, but we were just crying because it wasn't that like we were sad to go in. It was just like we've already fought so much to like, yeah, this game together. And I mean, obviously we probably look a little bit like the villains, but just it was just it.
Speaker 4: Wasn't the case.
Speaker 5: Like it really wasn't. And I know I've said this before.
Speaker 3: I don't think you guys looked like yeah, like look last time you were on yeah girl. But I don't think you guys look like the villains at all. It looked like a beautiful friendship. What is interesting, and I wonder is and obviously you have something beautiful going on which day and I stand and I saw Michelle a few weeks ago at an event here for CBS and was talking to her about Devin and a houseman she was, which is beautiful, But I wonder, how do you think both of you seemed to struggle a little bit in the game when your partners went home. How much do you really think it impacted both your and Michelle's gameplay Versus if you guys weren't Because the minute your partner's left, it's almost like a part of your heart and your mind were out of the house.
Speaker 4: Wait with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so how did you come?
Speaker 5: Yeah? So for her, I would say, you know, I don't. I'm not a speaker. But for me, I would actually say no. And I know it sounds crazy, but if you think about it, like I really was in Lalla Land, and I was just like I knew that no matter what, I could get the job done in some kind of way. Even in the mini I knew. I mean, I was fighting, it was hard as hell, But I do know that I have good memory, and I do know that I can always somehow get a puzzle done. I've lost to a puzzle before, but like I also lost to Marie, who was a genius at puzzles. Like, but I'm also not bad and there's this like thing running around the streets of Twitter being like Olivia, like she can do physical stuff, but she's like not good at puzzles whatever. I'm like, no, I'm actually pretty good at them. And just because I've gone against one of the best, which I would say is Marie, she really is just a killer, it doesn't mean I'm bad at them, do you know what I'm saying? So yeah, I feel like in the mini final, I was like, Okay, I'm gonna get this done. I don't know what's gonna happen. Obviously I got a little defeated with that key. The key was insane by the way to dig up. There's like like it was there was no getting that key for me, girl, Like no, So I was lucky and I worked extra hard to like just keep a slow jog to make it to that memory quickly. But I was more worried about THEO, Like I was just like what and he tried, Okay, I walk up to the memory, THEO tries to scream at me like Battles of Season six, I'm like, worry about yourself. Like I literally was like no offense. I was like, babe, you are not going to beat my memory, and I don't you're distracting me. So so I was more worried about him. And then when he obviously went home and actually, in my opinion, let more of a fire under my ass. I feel like I was like, oh wait, now I'm actually here. It was the first time I felt like I was actually in the game, ready to play. And I think that just shows on how I did in that daily challenge. I got second place. Like I was, I was very focused and so although I did go home, I think that I'm not I am not mad about it, and I don't regret it, and I think that you know, dailies are hard, and I think even though I didn't win, obviously, if you're not first, your last, but I am not doing a great dress and I'm ye so and that that elimination, I mean, are you kidding me? And Michelle is literally a professional crossworder. I can barely spell my last name, so I'm like, this is just the math is not going to math for me at all. So it was like build the build the stairs and hit a bell, like obviously I would have won, but you know, and.
Speaker 1: You did a great job.
Speaker 3: You did a great job in how you approached that elimination. And what's been interesting this season, we've seen sort of two camps. We've seen people who one might call the strategizers or the overthinkers right where it's like they're laying everything out. We saw that with Drel, We saw that with Michelle in this particular episode. We saw it with Nia when she was doing the keys against Michelle, where she was like, I have to unlock them all first, and then I have to and then you see the people who kind of just jump in and.
Speaker 1: Are like, we're gonna go for it.
Speaker 3: And with you, we saw you kind of jump in and you really crushed the you know bar part of like putting the difference rungs on the ladder.
Speaker 4: Oh, it was so good.
Speaker 3: What was your initial strategy when you saw what you were going to have to do and why why did you not decide to kind of lay them out at first but rather just go for it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean the rungs on the ladder were actually it was a puzzle within a puzzle, So that was actually a puzzle before the word unscramble. Every single bar was a little tiny, tiny bit different. I felt like I was like, I don't need to lay all these out because I wanted to. I was just like, I'm a more of a hands on kind of person. That's just how I work anyways. And I know that I'm fast and like I can have a couple of mistakes if I needed to. Also, I'm taller than Michelle too, So the way it was is like if one was shorter, for like the circle below me, I could reach a little bit above me and see if it was gonna fit, you know, the one above me. So I think that it's also an overthinking thing. Is like, there were a couple that were like off, but it wasn't enough to have, in my opinion, to have to separate them and waste some time. I obviously wasted time, to be honest with you, because we were building this ladder for a hot minute. We were sweating profusely. I mean, I think I climbed this thing like maybe like sixteen times is wow? Maybe actually no, honestly, maybe like twenty. Like it was, it was a lot, but it was in a short span of time, so it was like I feel like sprints. It was exhausting. But at the end, the reason I caught on so quickly is instead there was no rule that you can't build the ladder above you before under you. So I if w wasn't fit under me, I would literally just skip it and climb on the outside of the ring and just climb up it and just that. Yeah, yeah, and try a ring and yeah. So I would actually measure them at the bottom and if they fit the bottom, I would just take them back out and climb up and put them at the top. And then I actually ended up finishing my entire DNA strand at the bottom because those are the only two I had left.
Speaker 1: So smart, Yeah, that's so smart.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, we definitely did get a chance to see that. I thought it was super cool. You worked so fast, Olivia.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, my goodness, and you had such a great lead. And then when you snatch down your letters, I was like, oh, she's about to take this thing home, Like she's about to wrap this thing up. What was it about the puzzle itself and the unscreened so because honey.
Speaker 5: I would like, yeah, no, listen, I would like to have a great excuse, but there is none, you know. I I literally like the ground method, in my opinion, is no different than on the table method. I'm seeing letters either way. And I thought they said a three word catchphrase, not a three word What did they say? What was the three word there was called? But I thought it was I thought they said catchphrase, like it was like a phrase in life, you know what I mean. Yeah, yeah, So I was like literally thinking, I was like, okay, what could this be, like.
Speaker 4: Like hot to Molly, like.
Speaker 5: A catch face in life? And so listen, I just there's I could not have done that even if I had more help. So I wish there was a app to help you on scramble, which there probably is, but the chance of me getting an unscramble elimination again is pretty low, I hope. So, and she killed it, listen, Michelle's Michelle is. She's so deserved to be there. She's had a really rough seat and we all deserve to be there. But she she killed it. She is so smart and she is just like such a fighter. And either way, I you know, I was happy the way I went out, and I'm happy I at least lost to someone that I respect and love so much. And looking back at it, I'm like, that was actually fun. You know, we have that memory together.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, do you feel it sort of was poying it to watch because a few episodes ago when we saw Michelle have heat stroke, right and I want to go home and you comforting her in the van and she wanted to go home and You're like, no, we need you here. I need you here, and then ultimately she's the one that takes you out.
Speaker 1: It was I know, it's one of those sort of moments.
Speaker 3: What do you hope Michelle does heading back into the house, Like, now that she's there, kind of we see her honor your legacy in who she gives the tea to.
Speaker 1: How did you feel about that? And what else do you hope for her that she does going back into the house.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean that was an awesome moment. Derek is like one of my friends from back home and just someone that you know, really was there for her when she needed him. She lost Devin kind of earlier in the game, so she kind of was alone while I was obviously occupied with THEO. So he had her back and I told her you can trust him, and I was excited that, you know, it worked out for both of them like that friendship. And it also meant a lot to me that even though her and Corey had worked in the past together, which Corey's awesome too. But you know, sometimes it's not about seasons of who you worked with, it's about what someone's done for you in that particular game, right, And I think this was a great example of that. And I think that Corey is also cool enough where he doesn't take it to heart, and that's a great player as well. Yeah, so yeah, it was an awesome moment. And obviously Derek, you could see him like he was emotional. I think he was like holding up my scarf, but he was crying. And I gave him this scarf off my suitcase, and I was like, anytime I go into elimination, pick the scarf and wave it. And and it was me and Michelle and actually all the girls wore pink to celebrate Era for because even though they want to shit on us so much, they do have so much love for me and Michelle and they, yeah, they all wore pink in our honor. And it was actually a really cool moment to have the ogs and people that are champs, because at this point, me and Michelle are the only girls that are not champs, so it was cool to see all the champs like wearing pink and like, you know, our honor. But yeah, looking you know, more forward into the game. I hope Michelle has more confidence in herself. And now that she's won so many times in the sand, I think that, yeah, the dealers are important, but the purge is over. So I'm like, yeah, as long as you can just you know, do your best in the dailies, don't get last. I think that she has so much confidence now where she she's not scared of anything, and that's the most dangerous person to be up against. And she a mind is in my opinion, so much stronger than body. And it's all but it's so much stronger and and I just hope that, yeah, I hope that she is doing it for the right reasons too. I hope she's doing it for herself and yeah, and the people back home that are just like her biggest cheerleaders. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And it's such a testament really to both of you though overall what you even said about the Vets and everyone up there, the champs rocking pink in honor of Era four. We've seen both you and Michelle doubt yourselves at different points throughout this game, and I think it's it's really relatable. But also I hope you guys see yourselves even an ounce of the way so many of us see you, and you're fighting and just the champion spirit.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm.
Speaker 3: Getting ready to ask him, so I hope he's not asleep yet, because we definitely have to make him come over here and answer at least one question. But I mean, there's a reason why THEO waited for you. You are, you know, a queen and a champion in so many ways? Can you grab your mank because I do.
Speaker 1: I just want to.
Speaker 3: We want to ask him a couple questions, Bib.
Speaker 5: Turn that off here here put these on.
Speaker 1: Okay, Hey, THEO, THEO, THEO?
Speaker 3: What made you decide to stay and wait for Olivia after elimination?
Speaker 6: I mean I knew that she was a target. Obviously I left, and even though I didn't want her to leave, I thought there's a chance, because you know, there's a kind of a one in four, kind of one of three chance she could leave. When I left, Devon was there as well with Naya, so we was just enjoying our time there. Anyway, that's all crying together waiting waiting on Olivia. And yeah, then Devon left it was just me and Nya, and then I went to Barley and I had to wait like two more days, and I thought, it's a gamble, but it's worth seeing anyway, because if she does get a living and she's going to be sad and depressed like everyone else. And even though I wasn't happy for her to leave, I thought she was ever going to leave. Her leaving right now was the perfect time. And I think a lot a lot of relationship roade on that as well, because you know, you never know what it's like when you're in there, right Is it real? Is this like just happening in the house and we leave the house and you're just not going to talk again or whatever? But yeah, I think after we got out, that's when we kind of like started realizing, you know, this could this could be more like serious. We spoke a lot in the house, but it was kind of worth the wait, you know, because I anticipated myself staying to the final any of me, so I had a bit of spare time regardless. So and the last thing you want to do is just come straight home sometimes, especially if you've got someone your people in there. Yes, So it was a gamble, and unfortunately she lost, but fortunately it was it was good for our relationships.
Speaker 4: So it was it was still a wind.
Speaker 5: Well, it was worth the risk.
Speaker 1: So what you're saying is you're in love.
Speaker 6: You do crazy things, are in love.
Speaker 5: That's what.
Speaker 3: Yes, you should see his face, you guys tell the people listening to his space is.
Speaker 1: Like, oh god, you see me?
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: We love that so much for both of you, and we're sad that you know, you guys are no longer on this season, but you both brought a lot to the season and we know we will see you again. We're excited to see you again. For those who want to keep up with you, let's start with you Live. But for those who want to follow you on socials, where can they find you?
Speaker 5: They can find me on Instagram at just my Name, at Olivia and Kaiser and TikTok is Olivia and Kaiser and Twitter I believe is Olivia Kaiser XL but she doesn't get on Twitter much nowadays, but you can find me there.
Speaker 1: It's totally fair. And THEO where can they find you?
Speaker 6: Oh just steal on the sool cambo. Yeah, if you want to follow, then go ahead, it's not then.
Speaker 2: Whatever Olivia thank you so much for coming to hang out with us on the podcast.
Speaker 4: This has been good. I am so glad that you had a great season girl. You came back.
Speaker 2: You were drama free, none of the foolishness, none of the things okay, and we look.
Speaker 4: Forward to seeing you in future seasons.
Speaker 5: For sure. Thank you, girl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so happy for you. Thank thank you for making time for your vacation. And yeah, it's just beautiful seeing the way that you blossom. So excited to see what's to come next. Enjoy your time meeting the.
Speaker 1: Fam, and thank you. I know everything goes.
Speaker 5: I have well, I will, I will. Thanks, ladies, I will help to you soon.
Speaker 1: Bye bye.
Speaker 3: Thanks, Thank you very much to our girl Olivia for stopping by the podcast with a special guest THEO. It's so I love love and I love to see people happy, and I'm sad to see her leave the season, but I think she left a beautiful impact.
Speaker 1: It was really great, for sure, for sure, it was so good.
Speaker 3: You also leave a beautiful impact on most people, largely the gifts and the memes that are made of you, which I see all the time and are still hilarious. But for those who want to follow you personally on socials Where can they find you?
Speaker 4: Day? I love this you say and that gift.
Speaker 1: I switch it.
Speaker 3: Between I say it, I literally switch between the two. I'm pretty sure it's a GIF and not just.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I don't know which one it is true. I don't know.
Speaker 2: But you can find me on the socials of the media's all of the platforms at Davon Diane Underscore, I'll be there.
Speaker 4: Where can the people find you? Miss Devin Simon, I'll be there.
Speaker 1: You can find me.
Speaker 3: You can go to my website Devinsimone dot com Deviny Simone with an I. You can catch me later this week on the Today's Show so with Herda and Jenna, So.
Speaker 1: Check that out.
Speaker 3: And you can find me on Instagram Devin Simone, TikTok Devin Simone, Threads. I now am more active on threads. You can find me on Threads Devin Simone. So yeah, come by say hi, and Amazon Lives of course, where we're going to play some Oh.
Speaker 1: I might do Challenge Trivia this week.
Speaker 3: So if you think you know the answers, go follow me on Amazon and we'll have some fun. And thank you all for joining us for another episode of MTV's official Challenge podcast. Tell all your fellow Challenge fans to listen, make sure they go ry and review, leaving a five star review on Apple and or Spotify.
Speaker 1: We love you forever.
Speaker 2: Yes, and of course, join us every Thursday to hear brand new episodes of MTV's Official Challenge podcast. Available wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 4: Deep or not Paramount podcasts