Speaker 1: I Do, Part two is a one of a kind podcast that is all about dating, love, relationships, and what life is like after divorce and celebrities are just like us and not all over their relationships ending happily ever after, especially it seems right now a lot of them are divorced, are going through at this time of year. I'm one of your celebrity mentors, Bob Guiney. You know me from The Bachelor and The Today Show and my podcast Almost Famous to OG's and today we are joined by another celebrity mentor which I'm very excited to formally meet, you know her and love her on this podcast, also former Real Housewife of New York, Kelly ben Simone.
Speaker 2: Kelly, thank you so much for being here.
Speaker 3: Hi, Bob, how are you?
Speaker 2: I am great? How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm well? Happy? Post Thanksgiving? We had so much fun and then not so much fun.
Speaker 1: Oh oh okay, let's get into I was gonna say, yeah, I'm still I'm still at my mom's house in Michigan, actually visiting with my mom today and you know, so, I'm I'm having some some technical challenges just getting that that dial up internet to work properly.
Speaker 2: But how how was your Thanksgiving Mine was pretty good.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: It's funny.
Speaker 4: It's like, is you know, because we're both from from the Midwest, but you know, we do have the internet in the Midwest.
Speaker 2: Yes, we did.
Speaker 4: We did everything that we like don't have internet, we don't have cars.
Speaker 2: We even have whole foods. We've got it all out here, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have Yeah, exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: I got like my mom's got like a hamstrung and we all just running to keep that dial up down for me. I'm totally kidding, of course, but yeah, getting hooked up here was not the easiest thing for me to do today.
Speaker 3: I'm that's so funny.
Speaker 4: Nobody was like it was like there was the friends giving, then the Thanksgiving, and it seemed like there was like a lot of un giving.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it seems like we've.
Speaker 1: Got, yeah, a lot of stuff in the news obviously, But was that personal or was that was that more like a broader comment.
Speaker 3: It's just a broader comment.
Speaker 4: I just I just feel like there's just like so many whether it's reality stars, celebrities, you know, some people are trying to make it work and other people are just not making it work at all.
Speaker 3: Just we've just seen so much. You know, I thought it was going.
Speaker 4: To be a really positive like I'm feeling very positive, just going through therapy and working with you know, with the podcast Bob. It's been Honestly, it's been so incredibly cathartic for me. I just feel like a different person. Like people are like you look different, the way I sound is different. The way I am approaching everything is different. And so for me, I'm like the anomaly because everyone else is like breaking up.
Speaker 2: Well I do.
Speaker 1: I do feel like at the end of the year especially, I don't know why, but it seems like at the end of an election year for sure, But at the end of every year, you know, you start hearing about the uncoupling starting to happen amongst uh, you know.
Speaker 2: What does that uncoupling that I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just read an article yesterday with Gwyneth Paltrow and and maybe that's why that came to my mind.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you're hearing about the end of the year at a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Getting divorced, right, And I don't know if it's just that they've been quiet about it, you know, up until the end of the year, and they're like, Okay, hell with it, let's launch fresh and new into twenty twenty five. Or if it's really just come to a head because the stress of the holidays, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Does she just not like the D word and she likes the C word or what is that?
Speaker 2: I know, just see where that could be taken in so many different ways.
Speaker 3: I don't get that. I didn't get that. I was like, that's so odd.
Speaker 2: That's a very.
Speaker 3: Weird way of saying we're not together.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I think it's always interesting, you know, every year at the end of the year and then man, you know, I mean some some of the people that will that are in the news right now we both probably have met or am know and many of them obviously we all know from Afar. But the news is just really blowing up right now with people splitting up.
Speaker 2: And I will say this, you know, as a divorced man.
Speaker 1: I I did get divorced, or I should say, at least like formally separated around the holidays. I don't know if it was just because you're thinking, you know, or whoever asks for that moment is thinking, I don't want to have to go bananas.
Speaker 4: I'm buying a gift this year, you know, like they're like, oh, but don't repeat that, don't repeat that. Wait, so seriously, what so I have a couple of questions for you, but I would love to know more about that, like how did that happen?
Speaker 1: Well, when my ex and I split up, we were living on separate coasts for quite some time, so it was a it was kind of an organic thing.
Speaker 2: We have all just sort of grown apart. In fact, we're still very friendly and close. Like it's not it was never a bad thing.
Speaker 1: And I'm remarried with kids and she's remarried with kids, you know, so or with a child, So it was never like a talk thing. It was more like, just, uh, you know, are we gonna, you know, fake it for the families again this year?
Speaker 2: Or what are we doing?
Speaker 1: You know. I'm not saying that that was the actual conversation, but it was definitely one of those things.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: I think there is a little bit to that, like you're rolling into the new year and you're kind of like, man, we're supposed to be, you know, kissing at midnight.
Speaker 4: Did you guys just feel like the distance was just too much? Did you feel like disconnected from the distance?
Speaker 1: What we were like, yeah, the disconnection was real, like it was. It was you know, it became a thing where you're living such separate lives. You know, the time, the time change. You know, it's one of those things. I think, the time change. It can be your friend in a lot of ways, but can also it can also create issues. You know, like you know, if if you're the one that's on the East coast and you know, you're you're trying to go to bed so you can get up for work in the morning, and the one on the West coast, you know, is out at the bar having a couple of cocktails and decides to call you at you know, eleven o'clock at night. That's two in the morning. You know, maybe that doesn't so happy. You're not making you so happy that that's the types of things.
Speaker 2: Who knows.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think there's a million things, but it's more just allowing life to get in the way.
Speaker 4: And then when you guys saw I'm sorry, I just curious because like there's a lot of people that do that really are into these, especially people that are on riot because there's like people say that like Ria is like the land of the Broken Toys, but there's a lot of people.
Speaker 2: That, you know, I've never been on a dating app.
Speaker 1: I do with the old fashion way and handout flowers on TV, so I don't understand this new fangled dating app thing.
Speaker 3: I hand out flowers on TV.
Speaker 4: Well, not everyone is like you, Bob, but no, my no, I'm curious because like a lot of these you know, people and that are on these dating apps are like I'm meeting these guys and all these different places. I'm like, that's great because if you travel somewhere, then the apps actually follow you and they're like, oh, you're in an airport in Chicago. There's four guys that are in Chicago, and people are meeting these people all over the place. And I was just curious as to like how you like obviously that they you know, being a part was was was difficult, but like when, for example, when you did get together, like you together every two weeks or I'm just I'm not I.
Speaker 1: Think that was like usually the longest time frame was that kind of a time frame.
Speaker 4: But I didn't take you guys a while to get back together once you like, you know, yeah.
Speaker 1: I think I think that's when you start to realize it, Like when it when you're young and dating, right, and it's like that's kind of stuff's exciting, right, It's like, oh, we're going to meet up in Chicago. You know, this is amazing. I'm I'm in la you know, she's in New York. This would be great.
Speaker 2: But when you're you know, when you're when you've been married for.
Speaker 1: Quite some time and you know, obviously that's when you start talking about everything from you know, the checkbook to you know, family, holidays and the real stresses of life start.
Speaker 2: To take their toll on people.
Speaker 1: I think when you reconnect it does take a little bit of you know, a bumping up session, like you got to actually almost kind of get back up to speed with one another because you have talked about a lot, probably a lot of superficial stuff. But you know, at least I think the relationships that can survive that stuff, that's great, you know, But I think that was the hardest part, probably both in the entertainment industry, both going a million miles an hour.
Speaker 2: Both I mean.
Speaker 1: Probably you know, error on the side of will being a little self absorbed because you had to be from the standpoint of you know, I can't miss the gym and I can't do this and I can't do that, so you know, I'll push my call back twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: It's okay, you know.
Speaker 1: So I think it's it's all the stuff that happens, you know, it just happens in life, especially when you're in your outward persona is probably as cultivated and has as important at those times than your real life inward persona. So you know, from that perspective, I probably stand guilty of that one too, you know. Probably you know, i'd be on the phone and someone will come up, Hey.
Speaker 2: Can we get a pictures?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, sure, I'll call you right back, you know, as opposed to you know, no thanks, I'm in the middle of a very important phone call with someone I haven't.
Speaker 2: Seen in ten days.
Speaker 1: You know, I think I think there's some of that too, you know, you feel those pressures, and I don't know, I mean, who knows.
Speaker 2: I mean we're talking about you do you people?
Speaker 1: Well, I know I'm from the bottom rung of the ladder, but not like from the ben Affleck penthouse view, you know, and he's going through it right now, so who knows.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, it's like it's interesting because I put it like I'm not. I don't do in coupling, but I like to put names on things. I mean, I have children that are older, they're twenty four and twenty six, So I like to like categorize things. That's how I keep my life organized. And so I talk about like housekeeping, not like housekeeping like mopping the floor, but housekeeping is like the things.
Speaker 3: That we have to do.
Speaker 4: I talk about with but with you know, people that I'm dating, you know, my children, Like, here's the housekeeping. So it's like we've gotten, you know, certain things that we need to get off the list, and then you can go on and just kind of like get a coffee and walk around, you know, go to an exercise class, go to the movies.
Speaker 3: Or you know whatever.
Speaker 4: But I may get the work done first and then play after kind of personal.
Speaker 2: Well that's smart. I think that's really smart.
Speaker 1: I think, you know, that's probably a very mature way to look at it because I think, like the only housekeeping I was doing at that time, and I love the metaphor, so I'm running with it. I was sweeping things under the rug, right if I was housekeeping, it was like, ah, you know, well, I'm not gonna.
Speaker 2: Let that piss me off to much. I'm just gonna sleep the under the dragon. But we didn't have kids.
Speaker 1: We didn't have children together, so I didn't have kids until after I met my wife. Now, so I think with kids comes a totally different mindset, and you know, you know that of course from your experiences, and it's like, you know, you have children with someone and it becomes all consuming, right, I mean, my wife and I go through it now every day.
Speaker 2: It's like I don't remember the last time. Well, actually I shouldn't say that.
Speaker 1: This weekend we made a point of talking about stuff that didn't have to do with the kids, which I loved because it was like, you know, under the you know, my son's birthday was this weekend, and everything's about the kids.
Speaker 3: And thank you.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's just friends six.
Speaker 1: So I'm fifty three and I've got an now six year old and a three year old and I didn't start until later in life with my kids, and I mean, it's it's definitely a different set of challenges at this age.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I raised my kids on my own, so I didn't really have the dynamic of like, you know, what are his thoughts because there were only my thoughts.
Speaker 1: Which is instant because you guys were still were you still together during during all the first I'm sure the first several years, right.
Speaker 4: And then the first several years, but he was traveling a lot, so he was gone all the time, and it was just basically me and my parents raising my two girls. Yeah, and so I never really had that, but I mean I do know that from you know, when you're when I'm because I've been single for so long that when I do meet guys that, you know, my narrative is not about my kids with them because they're not a part of my children's lives, right, So that like is kind of is kind of good.
Speaker 3: But then I realized.
Speaker 4: That there is this like weird separate life. So it's kind of like I'm cheating on my kids. I'm cheating him because my life with him is totally different from my life with my children before you know, they before they become friends.
Speaker 1: So it's just you know, doating that early, right, I mean even though kids are older.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're pumping the brakes on all that stuff, right, I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I try to keep it.
Speaker 4: I try to keep it as as you know, my kids are always like we want to meet them. We want to see who's this person. Yeah there's you know, you've been going on a couple of days to want to know the person is. And I mean, I think just because they're like literally hawks, they're like these people, what are they doing?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: What are their intentions?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: They're very protective of me, which is very sweet.
Speaker 2: Are you dating right now?
Speaker 1: Are you dating someone specific right now as you go into the holiday season, or were you kind of like not gonna buy anybody any special gifts this holiday season.
Speaker 2: I'll wait till the new year.
Speaker 4: I love it's all about gifts. By the way, that's my love language is gift giving. So like you're like, I love to give gifts, and I'm not like, oh my god, like if I give you something, I have to give you something back.
Speaker 3: I just love to give gifts. But I am like I've been dating.
Speaker 1: I honestly, I don't even like I almost get uncomfortable receiving gifts. I like giving stuff, but I like you because if I want something, I just go get it right.
Speaker 2: And I'm the hardest person to buy for.
Speaker 1: And everybody tells me they're like, well, yeah, I mean everything everything we think to get for you you will go get yourself, which is true, and so I really enjoy it. I'm like, I'm like you in that regard. I wonder if that's my love language. I've never done the love language thing. I need to find that I should do it.
Speaker 3: You know that.
Speaker 4: And also to know, like what kind of personality type you want. I just did that the other day because my youngest daughter was like, Mommy, you need to find out what kind of personality you have.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I know what kind of personality I have.
Speaker 2: Dial everybody else.
Speaker 4: Everybody knows what kind of personality I have. You were asked about you know what I was doing lately in terms.
Speaker 3: Of my dating life.
Speaker 4: Yes, And you know I have gone on many dates and I've met some very very very great, some really great guys. And I did this her size where I wrote a love letter to my future husband and I wrote, you know, wrote down and I manifested what he looks like, who I'm going to be to him, what I'm not going to do, what I hope for that will happen for us. And it just really changed when you articulate the things that you really want versus just like thinking them in your head. If you write them down, if you tell a friend, if you you know, like I was talking to Cheryl Burke about it, you know, if you're talking about.
Speaker 2: I talk to her in years.
Speaker 3: She's amazing, She's talk about a mindful human.
Speaker 2: Oh cow, She's always been so sweet.
Speaker 3: Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful human.
Speaker 4: I've met so many great women and men, and I just it's been it's been a really interesting journey for me, just because you know, you come from the Bachelor. I come from Housewives, and you know, the Bachelor is more about, you know, loving and relationships and getting to know people. Housewives is about like how can I destroy you the quickest?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I have to tell you. So my wife loves the Housewives. And I would always act like I wasn't watching right, and so you watching, I'm like, oh my god, you're watching this again, Like what do you get out of watching people argue like this? And then I'd be walking out of the room on it and I'd be like, wait a minute, what did Darrendad just say? Like I would literally like I was getting into osmosis and I was so into it without even realizing I was into it that Oh my god, it was driving me crazy. But but yeah, I've always you know, and I and I remember when you were just you.
Speaker 2: Just came back on the show last year for a couple episodes.
Speaker 3: For Ultimate Girl's Trip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that was. I read a thing just a minute ago.
Speaker 1: It was called sun Sand and Psychosis, Carrie Island.
Speaker 2: Scary Island. It's so funny.
Speaker 1: How was that experience to go on something like Scary Island and know that, okay, buzz are off. I'm sure you know we're just gonna we're gonna buckle down, and it's gonna be someone's gonna drink too much. You know, someone's gonna you know whatever. I mean, when you go into that thing, how do you mentally prepare? I mean I would go to therapy for months just to get ready to go.
Speaker 4: So before I went on Scary Island, I went to Scary Island. I got extensions, so I was feeling gorgeous.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm gonna say, you gotta go in your best like your best friend of mind the whole way around.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 4: I got I literally, my the my hair does. Who's amazing. He was like, you know what, He's like, We're gonna give you the best hair. So whatever happens, you're just gonna be like feeling so good doesn't matter. So I got my I had to put these had these extension put in my hair, and I just it's like, you know, when like something happens, like I don't know, you get a haircut or whatever. I just felt so good. I felt so like good about myself. And I think that my good feeling because I wasn't like nervous or I wasn't upset or anything, and because I came for I was coming from like a powerful place. I think the other women got really really freaked out.
Speaker 1: You know, those shows are so geared towards camera time, right, like if you're creating drama, you're getting your own camera more or you're asked back to do other things or whatever.
Speaker 2: But that's never been your thing. You've never been the drama girl, you know.
Speaker 4: So I think, no, I'm never the drama girl. But people love to meet, they love they when they see me. They're like, Okay, we're just gonna go after her. This is an easy target. I'm like, I'm tall, I'm like big bird. I'm like, it's fine, just go after me.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: So my wife did ask me one question. She wanted me to ask you my wife.
Speaker 1: My wife's name is Jessica, but I call her Canyon, which is her maiden name, so she's always just been Canyon to me. So Kanyon was like, oh my god, you got to ask Kelly if she really thought beth Any poisoned in their dinner.
Speaker 2: I said, I'll ask her.
Speaker 3: So that's.
Speaker 4: No. What happened was we were supposed to be she was supposed to be cooking dinner and she was getting her hair blown out, and then the chef, he like, got so upset because she was screaming and yelling at him because he was making the dinner for us, and he hurt his finger. He had to go to the hospital, and the chef was like, I was like, is everything okay in here? You guys are cool. I love the behind the scenes. They make me like laugh. I get in trouble, but I mean.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I love I always get in trouble, though.
Speaker 2: I can't think of any.
Speaker 1: Show I've ever done where I haven't gotten in trouble because I have a tough time taking it seriously and I know I'm supposed to, but it's like when you're in the moment and you really do know what's going on.
Speaker 2: You get the giggles.
Speaker 1: You can't help yourself, you know, and it's like, you know, if you're not giggling, it's kind of your own damn fault, Like why would you be here if you can't have fun?
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I just I just love the fact that where we are today is that we're able to talk honestly. I mean, for me to talk to a male honestly about your feelings and like uncoupling. During the uncoupling here I said that word. Don't have to figure out a new word. I mean, like I need to like figure out a new word, but to be able to like, to be able to you know, especially, I think what's I think what I admire about it is that you did it during the holidays. But also what I don't like about it is that you did during the holidays, because I think what people are what people are talking about, is that their feelings. But it's more it's like your mother may be invested, your brother may be invested, you know, your your family may be like we really like that person, or maybe they don't really like that person, and so it's just like it's just more than just two people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's never like all need the two.
Speaker 4: I agree, And I think that during the holidays it's so hard. I mean, first of all, you go home to the holidays and you know, someone's like, your hair is too short, you got oh did you gain weight?
Speaker 3: Oh, you're too skinny. You do this da da da dah.
Speaker 4: Or just like the pressure of you know, doing well and creating a life for yourself during the holidays is like literally under a microscope, coupled with the fact that maybe your feelings are a little wild because you're not feeling the vibe of your you know, your wife or your husband being far away, or you're you know, you've you've had some issues with cheating or whatever it is, or it's just it's under a microscope and it just gets really really and then like the turkey does is dry?
Speaker 2: That just triggers you. It's no, yeah, it's so true. No, I'm really gonna like lose it.
Speaker 4: What else could possibly go wrong with stuffing our relationships over?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, it's so funny.
Speaker 1: I think I think people do though you have these heightened expectations, but yeah, right, I mean then you factor in the family component and you know, that's like I always you know, the cool thing that that I kind of got to experience, at least through my ex wife and my split, which was again many years ago now, but was that I still really enjoyed our family, you know, and I still do keep in touch with so many of them, and so it was like and it was never that kind of throw the baby out with the bathwater type of situation. Pardon the expression, but you know it's it wasn't like and that's it fine line in.
Speaker 2: The sand, you know. For me, I'm like, no, this isn't their fault. This is our fault.
Speaker 1: Like I love them and they're good people and they love me, So we're going to remain in touch with one another and we all still like each other. It wasn't like, you know, it was it was actually a nice I don't know, it was it was the right thing to do to not stay married and and and at that time, I guess, and but it was also like we saw it for what it was, what it was, and we saw the bigger picture, and we were like, we don't have to be at each other's throats about stuff we've never met each other's throats about, like, you know.
Speaker 3: So that's super interesting because.
Speaker 4: You know, like with when we're talking about like exes and things like that, Like I recently called off a wedding and I loved my ex's mother. She was just a She is a beautiful, beautiful, mindful, smart, sassy, creative, incredible woman. And I I literally wrote her a text like a month ago and I was just just like, I just miss you. Hope you're well, because I do. I just love her so much. So I feel badly about that. But what about Ben Jen? And Jen like, I mean, he's like I liked you, but then I like you, but then you're my like first, like like what are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: So I always I use the term don't be ben Affleck a lot in life, and I will tell you why not because not because.
Speaker 2: It's a flack.
Speaker 4: It's afflect, I know, but I think of like I afflect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got a flac. I always like, I always think of it.
Speaker 1: And it's funny because I've only met Ben once and he was very nice to me hosting a charity event. Uh, but in my life I always think like guys go on the Bachelor and hand out a few flowers and next thing. You know, they think they're Ben Affleck, and I was like, no, you're not Ben Affleck. You're dude to hand it out flowers on a TV show. Move on, right, And so I go back to your life if other things come up, as but don't be the dude who's just you know, planning himself there waiting for a lead in a new movie.
Speaker 2: You didn't write any movies, you're not doing movies, you know, whatever.
Speaker 1: And so when all this stuff started coming up, you know, first of all, I love Jennifer Garner. You know, when Ben and jen Jennifer Lopez were together the first time and then they split up and ends up with Jennifer Garner. I'm like, this dude, like, honestly, he's just like crushing it in the game of life, right, he gets Jennifer Lopez and Jennifer Garner. How amazing, and then you know, messes that up somehow and ends up going back to Jennifer Lopez, which I'm like, Okay, I could see this whole thing transition and making sense, and then they kind of liked it.
Speaker 4: I don't know if they gave me like a warm, fuzzy feeling. I was like, they're cute together.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't clearly they clearly love each other so much.
Speaker 1: Yes, but I think you know, I think Ben and part of me is like, man, he's he's going to get himself right. You know you mentioned mentioned therapy and different things like that. Like, man, I love therapy. I haven't gone in a while. Probably could use some some buffer sessions for sure.
Speaker 4: But I always think and it's changed so much. I mean, it's changed. It's so different. Therapy today is so different than it's amazing, it's amazing.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. I agree with you.
Speaker 4: He needs to like clean himself up and he can't believe and shame other people.
Speaker 1: No way, and stay out of stay out of anybody else's life for a little while, work on yourself.
Speaker 4: But what I think is interesting is that he loved Jennifer Garner, but he's in love with j Low And I think that that's like a difference.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Like I do you can I think he has I think he has familial love for Jennifer Garner, that's my opinion. But I think he has like he's in love. I mean, you can see even like whatever the photos even though they're like who knows if they were planted or not whatever, but you can and see them together the way that you know, like the way that they touch, you know, they're touching each other. There is a real like he's very they're both very much in love. Yeah, even though they can't.
Speaker 2: Be I think so.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's it's got to be one of those things that it's just like, you know, as much as you guys love each other, you can't make it work. And it's such a bummer because I don't know these people, but I want them to be happy so bad.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like I'm my I'm sitting there going come on you guys, you know, and it's like, you know, I don't know. It's it's a bummer. I mean, but sometimes you know, you can have people in your life that maybe you once had a different relationship with, but that you guys can keep it together. I mean, I mean for Jennifer Garner and Ben, obviously they got the kids, so that's important. But with j Lo, I mean it looks like Ben is really you know, ensconced in that whole thing too.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I hope they make it work.
Speaker 1: I realized in some of the articles I was reading recently, I saw Leah Remenie was going through divorce and they've been really good friends for a long time, and and she was mare for twenty one years.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's a lot of time. That's a long time.
Speaker 1: Part of me is sometimes like when you hear about someone who's been married that long, come on, guys, can't you figure it out? But then you wonder, is it been broken for a long time and they just kept together for the kids.
Speaker 2: Who knows right?
Speaker 3: Right? Did you ever meet Rachel I've known Rachel Zo for a long time. Do you ever meet her?
Speaker 2: I met her back in the day a few times and thought.
Speaker 3: She was really nice, beautiful human.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she beautiful human, beautiful family, amazing upbringing. Really both of them are just such lovely people. I was, I honestly was shocked, and I sent her a text and I was like because I hadn't seen her in a while, and I was like, I just want to let you know that I love you. Whatever you are doing, I just love you. And I felt, really, you know, there are certain things. There's certain things that I read about or hear about from people that I've known in my past life because we used to work together when I was when I was when I was an editor of Hampton's magazine back in the ice age.
Speaker 3: Wow, she was one of my stylists.
Speaker 2: That's so cool.
Speaker 4: She is just so beautiful. And I just felt I just felt awful. I really did. I was just like, oh my god, Like you don't you know, like you said, like, and maybe this is our maybe this is our Midwestern roots, Bob, like we just want the best for people.
Speaker 1: And yeah, no, I genuinely do. And I and like I said, I mean I don't know Rachel.
Speaker 2: Well, obviously you do.
Speaker 1: But the times I can only think of my encounters with people, and that's that's the thing I have, you know, that I carry with me. And she was always so lovely and just seems so too, like spiritually centered and grounded and kind. And you know, it's one of those things where you see someone blowing up with all this success and you're like, then when you run it, run across them and they and they seem like the exact same person you remember from two years previous, and you're like, I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to me, there's there's the opposite.
Speaker 4: They blow up with success and then they're like wildly so it's fine.
Speaker 2: We've seen that too. Yeah, we've seen that.
Speaker 4: Wait, what do you think about all these families that are having Thanksgiving together as couples but they're not together?
Speaker 2: I kind of like it. I mean, you know, like.
Speaker 4: One child is one place and the other child is somewhere else, like.
Speaker 2: Se That's the thing I always think about that.
Speaker 1: This like when a couple has has a kid or two let's say, or whatever, and they split up, right, and and let's say it's one child whatever reason.
Speaker 2: In my mind, it's always one child.
Speaker 1: So a couple has one child, then they split up, and now this this, this person that's part of that relationship now has children with their new.
Speaker 2: Partner or their new spouse, right, and.
Speaker 1: Now they're having this big family picnic and where's the where's the other kid?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: And it's like, this is what happened to her?
Speaker 2: I actually know these parties a little bit too.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, so let's hear the intel.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I shouldn't say I know them necessarily well, but.
Speaker 3: You're like, I don't know them, know them.
Speaker 1: I don't know them, know them, but it's a terrek. I've known him. I've known Josh who became Christina's new husband who she's splitting off of because my ex co host and I U from we had to show on Serious XM for many years. That's her brother and seems like a nice enough guy to me. Yeah, So to see what they're going through right.
Speaker 2: Now, and I'm just like, wow, this is bananas.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I want to hear your take on it, because you know, again, I mean I want to think the best of everyone, and I hope that they're going to make it all work. But it's like, you know, you start seeing who's control in the narrative is at different times, and then you're like, oh my gosh, and then I get like I don't want to go down the in the rabbit hole with it. So I'm just like I'm gonna try and stay here, you know, and and just hold everyone at an equal place in my mind in my heart. But you know, I don't know, Yeah, i'd be interested to hear what your take is.
Speaker 4: On So for a lot of these children, and like a lot of my daughter's kids, you know, they were always like, well, they're asking what we're doing for Thanksgiving? Can so and so come and so? We would you know, I would be like, if you want to bring you know, whoever you want, wherever you want, You're welcome to do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I didn't think of it as.
Speaker 4: Strange, except for afterwards parents would say like, oh, so and so came here and this one came there, and it just seemed to be very, very complicated, right, And so on the one hand, I think any time that there's an opportunity to create a family environment for a child, whether that's theirs or another person's, I think that's a value add for the child. But then on the other hand, it's like when the child is not it was away from their family, they're creating memories with other families, and so it's always this like disconnect between what's my life look like versus someone else's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so, you.
Speaker 4: Know, I was always very mindful of that when people would say like, oh, you know, you're gonna take my daughter my you know, away for the weekend, and I would always you know, say like, make sure you call into your mom, and your mom is so great. And even you know, men that I have dated that have children saying the same thing, like, your mom is so great.
Speaker 3: I'm sure she misses you so much.
Speaker 4: Don't forget to tell her how much you love her, like, you know, just so that they're not like, oh no, I'm gonna be Kelly's gonna be my new mom.
Speaker 1: Right well, I think that's empathetic though, That's like, that's you showing empathy, which I think is really a kind.
Speaker 2: Trait to have.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: When you have someone like I would, I'm always mindful of how it's going to make someone else feel to a fault. Sometimes, like my wife even say like, you're probably creating this in your head, and I'm like, well, I'm just thinking about how it would make me feel. You know, like if if I get a Christmas card that has a picture everyone else in the family on it but me, my feelings will be hurt. And so in my mind it might be like, well, you weren't there the day we took the picture, and okay, I guess that makes sense, you know. But and on the other side of it, I'm like, well, then use a different picture, you know.
Speaker 2: Or whatever. Yeah, but you know, or I don't know.
Speaker 1: Just I just put one of the kids or whatever. So I always think about that kind of stuff, and I think that's what you're doing right there.
Speaker 2: Is as being just very empathetic. Right.
Speaker 1: You don't want the mom who's not with their child to feel like, you know, you're trying to swoop in there and take over, because that's that's a mom fear, it's a dad fear.
Speaker 2: You know, I would love that.
Speaker 1: But you know, at the same time, you're you're kind of looking at it from the standpoint of, all, right, if I make sure that she calls and you know, she understands I'm not a threat here, then maybe we can get along, right, and maybe we can have a nice relationship too. That's kind of how I would go about it too, I think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I think that children are just so malleable, and they just they want they want to please so much, and they'll just you know, they'll go anywhere and do anything. But the good news about the Christmas card or the holiday card, whatever it is, doesn't doesn't That whole scenario is never going to happen anymore because now we can just like pop the faces.
Speaker 2: I know, that's right.
Speaker 3: Oh there I am.
Speaker 2: I'm like super imposed in the background like a balloon head. Yeah. But okay, So what.
Speaker 1: Christina Hack had going on here was it looked like she took one of the kids on a trip while the others were with with with Trek and his wife. So, I mean, I've heard people doing that before, right, Like, maybe I know I can't be there for the holidays, maybe the oldest one gets to come with me on this trip or something, or the youngest one because she never gets to.
Speaker 2: Go or something.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't obviously know the details, but that doesn't strike me as that crazy. I think people are so quick to kind of have an opinion about it that they want to be like, hey, that's that's really weird.
Speaker 2: Why would you you know, just what your favorite one or something.
Speaker 1: It's like, no, I'm just you know, I'm gonna try and take each one of them on a one on one trip. And it worked out that this timing was this time of year, I guess. But waiting to this stage in the game to have children, you know. Like I said to my wife, I'm like, man, I if I piss you off and drive your care tough because I'm not going anywhere. I Am not just going to be the dad on the weekends. So you're stuck with me, So get used to it. I vacuum a lot. I don't you know. I don't cook as much as I should, but I keep the house clean. I love doing laundry. These are things that I you know, I see as plus is probably drys are a little crazy.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, you know, I'm not gonna be a dad.
Speaker 1: On the weekends. My boys. I have two little boys, and you know, I'm here. I'm going to be there every single day. So you know, if something God forbid were to happen to us, it's like, well tough, I'm there.
Speaker 2: Every day to wear that.
Speaker 3: But that's such a luxury.
Speaker 4: That's such a luxury because's a lot of working dads, you know, it's like working moms. I mean, you know, I mean I know even from myself that like we're you know, I work at a lot of different arenas, and you know, sometimes I'm like, I don't have a lot of time for my kids, and I you know, I was raising them on my own.
Speaker 3: I always felt so guilty.
Speaker 4: I'd be like, Okay, let's just go to Soul Cycle and then we're going to go for lunch and then we're going to go shopping, because that'll make them happy and then they'll they'll feel good about themselves. And we'll you know, talk along the way, or you know, my youngest daughter will get in trouble, so I'll walk her home from school, you know, which was like four miles and we'll talk through things because I had because I could had time to do that with her that day. And so I would try to put in my time and effort with them in ways that I were like really proactive.
Speaker 3: I didn't have the you know, I didn't.
Speaker 4: I couldn't be there all the time because I was you know, it's like my work life doesn't allow that.
Speaker 1: Were you mindful to make that one on one time with each of the girls or was it always collective?
Speaker 2: Like how was that?
Speaker 3: So that's a good question too, Like I would try to be with you know, try to be with them like a family unit. I would always say, like we're a unit.
Speaker 4: We have rules, Like I would always talk about like the things that we do together, just to create just a unit that they could take with them. And you know, it's interesting, I mean, like the biggest compliment when you're when your kids get old, older like mine are, and they like reiterate what you say.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'm sorry, what did you say?
Speaker 2: Did I said that?
Speaker 3: Did you just say it not the right tool for the right job. I'm like, that's that's so good, That's what I say.
Speaker 1: Anyway, doing that, like my six year old is already mimicking me, and not always by the way, So yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: What about Britney cart right?
Speaker 4: I love First of all, I'm like, I'm like, what is going on with and I'm obsessed with these kids.
Speaker 3: I love that. I know, man, so it's young adults.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this especially, you know, once the whole kind of the roof went off with Scandabal, all of a sudden, it was like, you know, I mean, everybody started paying attention again.
Speaker 2: Not that they hadn't been.
Speaker 4: That was a provo when he was I was a provo con Oh you were God, yes, And he was like walking around.
Speaker 3: With his like food by himself, like very like in his own moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was like, I mean, I love that show. I love Lisavanda Pomp, I love I love I love all the characters. I love the restaurants. I love Lisa Vanda Pomp, I love all the characters. I think everyone is like Sacy.
Speaker 3: I love her. She's just like very she really like gets herself And now all.
Speaker 1: Of a sudden, they're gonna do the reboot right with with with a whole new cast apparently, and I'm like, I wonder how that's gonna go, because man, I you know, I've known Jack's for a long time, and so I like to now have him going through all this stuff. You're Brittany going through all this stuff. I'm like, gosh, do I reach out, like, what is the right thing here?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: I want to basically, what's what is the tea? What's tell me? Like, spill it?
Speaker 2: I don't know, you know, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know, because I again, I'm trying so desperately to stay keeping everybody right here, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So Brittany, basically, from what I can tell, Brittany's admitted to hooking up with one of Jacks's friends since they decided to divorce, And so part of me is kind of like, how good of friends are we talking here? Is this a friend or is this, you know, one of his boys, which I highly doubt, but it could be an acquaintance who you know.
Speaker 2: Or whatever.
Speaker 4: I mean.
Speaker 1: I guess there's a million different things to look at here, but it's like, you know, their reasoning for splitting up, which I think everybody knows was kind of, you know, some not so great decisions on Jack's part that kind of caused some tension and some stress.
Speaker 3: From what I was gonna say, wasn't he the one that was like always cheating?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just allegedly Yeah, and you know, and then now all of a sudden, it's like she's doing this, is this kind of settling the score?
Speaker 2: Is this she's you know, made a decision that she's over it? And is there a timeline? Like what's the appropriate timeline?
Speaker 1: Like you know, guys have a saying which is not a very nice saying, but it's I was like, you know, bros before whatever. I believe I can't remember what the other word is, but it's basically like you know your buddies before, you know, girls whatever.
Speaker 4: But I mean it's like brows before Joanna's right, Oh, nowhere you go, bros Before Joe, ladies named Joe.
Speaker 2: But yeah, whatever it is.
Speaker 1: And so ultimately, I think, you know, that kind of mindset is supposed to be what what you keep at the forefront when it's a guy splitting up, like oh my god, you know this is my ex is uh you know, uh friend and she's really apparently into me.
Speaker 2: Do when's it? When? Am I okay? You know, I don't know that there's ever an okay time for that.
Speaker 4: I like what you said about, you know, him being known as this alleged philanderer and now she was waking up with one of his friends. Like I think it's interesting, like is the playing field level now or is it just like completely broken?
Speaker 3: I mean I think I saw an interview with her. I mean, she's such a beautiful.
Speaker 4: Girl, and she said something along the lines of, you know that she's put all this time and effort into this relationship, and you know, throughout watching we watching old vander pumpt, you know, she's always saying like I just want you to be happy and I don't want you to go into your old ways, and you know, she just seems very like I wouldn't say sad, but she seems always very like concerned that what is what's what is that their relationship going to really look like in the future.
Speaker 3: And so I was I'm shocked that she she slept with one of his friends. I mean, I am I'm shocked.
Speaker 1: I'm a little surprised by it, just just because I feel like it might be one of those things that you know, it's it's quick, you know, Like you often hear that saying the best way to get over someone is to get under someone.
Speaker 4: New isn't really the best way. Okay, so fine, so you have sex. Let's know, seriously, let's let's break that down. So you have sex, right, Okay, you're like, oh, you're a jerk.
Speaker 3: I'm mad at you.
Speaker 4: So I'm just gonna go and have sex with this other person. But then the sex is over, and then you're back to but yourself again, right, feeling like maybe for five minutes you're looking.
Speaker 3: In the mirror and you're like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, but that wears off, and then you're by the way walking around and you're you know, out with your friends, and your friends are like, how are you? Oh I got laid last night, and they're like kind of like huh, Like okay, you got laid, but it's not like a it's not like you you got laid and there was there the emotional connection is there? Right?
Speaker 2: Well, that's the problem, seb.
Speaker 3: That's what a lot of people get really upset about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is sex canna be greater can suck with anybody. So it's like it's not like just hooking up all female.
Speaker 4: So having for me, for someone to have sex with someone that's not me, that is like a no, like I will never have sex with you again, Like if you have sex with someone else, like I'm not going to be a part of that, Like, which I understand. Go go Hank, go shower in chlorox and like go meet someone else, Like I'm not interested.
Speaker 2: No, I get it, I get it. I do get that because you're you're about a connection.
Speaker 4: The emotional connection is what people get really freaked out about, like the texting back and forth. Oh my god, you guys are texting every minute, because that's like the serotonin. Like that's why they want you back on all these dating apps, is because like there's like a someone's interested in you, or it's not like hey, can you, like, you know, make this deck for me, or I know, can you write this article. It's like you're hot, you're cool, let's.
Speaker 2: Meet yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Wild yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: And that's why people get really really freaked out about the emotional connection. That's why some people, you know, I mean I've had in the past about how guys be like you cannot speak or text.
Speaker 3: We had to block all those all that contact.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, yeah, well, I don't really feel it like that because I mean, I mean, if I like someone, I like them a thousand percent, right, I'm not like and then I don't.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm done.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of like that. I see my wife like that, not just with guys, but with friendships too. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Can it is pretty cool like that, Like she gets if she's if she's if she's yeah, if she's tried and not been met in the middle, she's done. And I'll be like, oh my god, come on, you know, give it one more chance, you know, or whatever, like talk about just friendships and things of that nature, which she hasn't. You know, She's not likely to throw in the towel too easily. But I'm the I'm probably a little bit more of a doormat, like I would stay a lot longer trying to make it work, you know. And she's just like, yeah, now, Fisher cut baite, I'm done. I'm like, you know, how do you even know that's saying?
Speaker 3: I mean, that's what I did with my acts. I was like, crickets, Yeah, well, kids drive.
Speaker 1: The butts a little bit too right, Like you probably you know. I mean, let's be honest, I mean you did all the child raising that whole time. I mean I would imagine you saw the I and I don't mean to comment on your personal life in that regard, so I obviously don't know him and don't you know, but I would think you probably saw the writing on the wall and you're like, Okay, this guy isn't this isn't going to go any longer.
Speaker 2: Or something of that nature, Like you knew I'm taking this over. Yeah, and you know that that don't like you.
Speaker 3: I don't like you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on that way with my.
Speaker 3: Serious like you can have your own opinion. You're an adult. I'm like, yeah, I am an adult, and I go with my kids first.
Speaker 2: I love that I am an adult, and that was my decision companies my kids. Yeah, my dog was like that. My dog passed away. But I had a yellow Lab for thirteen children.
Speaker 3: You're talking about it all, okay, Well.
Speaker 2: I didn't have kids at the time.
Speaker 1: She was my kid, but I would literally ge introduce her to people and if if she was kind of like a little stand out office, I'm like interesting, and I would literally like file that away. I'd be like, Okay, I'm watching out for this dude. You know, it was kind of it was true, But I'm like that now with my kids too. If my kids know when people like them and know when they're good people, and they're six and three, it's like, you know, at the end of the day, I think you made a good choice trust in your daughters, because I'm I'm gonna trust my boys.
Speaker 2: You know, if my boys don't like somebody, they don't need to be around, you know.
Speaker 4: So Jessica Simpson is trusting her sister and asking her for advice. So with her separation from her husband, Eric Johnson, they tried couples counseling, which worked for a while, but then things went back to the way they were, And so she's asking her sister, what do you think about that?
Speaker 1: Who else you gonna ask? I mean, I would definitely ask my sister. I mean, at the end of the day, you know, my sister and I are really close, and you know, if I was going through something like that, I mean, it's the it's the one person you think you can turn to who probably isn't gonna make it conversation, you know, dinner conversation with a bunch of other.
Speaker 2: People, you know, at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously everyone's relationship is different with their with their family members.
Speaker 2: But for me, I would turn to my sister in that moment.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're you know, you're feeling vulnerable, You're feeling like your whole life is exploding around you.
Speaker 2: You have me for Jessica.
Speaker 1: She's got these beautiful kids, she's got this relationship that everyone you know admired.
Speaker 3: From afar m shoe empire.
Speaker 1: The shoe empire is bananas, right, I mean, she's just done so well from a business perspective, and we all thought she you know, we all thought when she was on the Newly Weds back in the day that you know, she was the ditzy one. Well she surprised everybody.
Speaker 4: Was Chicken of the seas that I had she was Chicken of the Sea.
Speaker 3: I'm dead. I love that.
Speaker 2: I loved it too.
Speaker 3: It was smart, it was she was like number one.
Speaker 4: Realities like Star TV, Star Moments and my Scary I'm a period down there was number two, and I and I think something from Scary Island was number three.
Speaker 3: So Jessica Simpson and I are like, right there, I love that.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Well, you're in good company and making some shoes. I was saying, let's go, let's go, somebody's getting that guy shoe world because I need some I need some cool shoes.
Speaker 2: I don't have any, but but but you.
Speaker 4: Know what to to her point, one thing that I like is I agree with you, but sometimes I feel like when you're asking your family and your friends, I feel like sometimes I feel like it's too much, and I feel like friends just get tired and family get tired of saying you know the answer to this, you need you need you know you're going to figure this out on your own right and therapy Again, Like I said before at the beginning, it's changed so much. It's not what it used to be. It's not like how are you feeling? You know what I mean, it's not an SNL s get like that's what it used to be like before. I was like, what is she asking me?
Speaker 3: Oh my sugar?
Speaker 4: Like what Now they're like, here are examples of things that you've done, and here things are. Here are tools to to, like, you know, to kind of not fix yourself, but to you know, be aware of these triggers and try to like you know, move in a different direction either way.
Speaker 1: So it's just so different over and over again. Right, It's like I love that sanity. Yeah, yeah, that is the definition, you know. I think about like I went through couples counseling. My ex wife and I went through couples counseling, and I got a lot out of it. I mean to the point where like I kept going, you know, I kept going after she and I split up. I was like, I really love and thankfully the counselor was willing to see me because it wasn't normal practice, I guess, and.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, but I'm not going to start fresh with some new person, you know.
Speaker 1: And I actually liked that she had a female perspective too, which was helpful for me. You know, some people want the guys want to see a guy, you know, or the whatever. I really enjoyed seeing her, and but also I think, like I said, you know, from a stand of of being a bit of a dormat, I probably would have stayed in that longer than I should have. And it was you know, I think having a female figure listening to everything and being able to help me see the forest for the trees and be like, Okay, it is time to move on, you know, or whatever.
Speaker 2: Was probably pretty helpful, you know. And I think my.
Speaker 4: First, my first and only husband, we went to couples counseling. He wore purple socks and he took photos of the therapist the entire time, and she's like, she was German, She's like, this is not what this is about.
Speaker 3: This is not this is not a photo session.
Speaker 1: Well, the last one that's in the headlines for us to talk about today is Tish Cyrus and the Billy Ray Tish Ensemble, and that that whole thing.
Speaker 2: For the longest time, I was.
Speaker 1: Like, oh my god, Billy Ray's ikey breaking, He's got it together. Look at this wonderful family life love And then you find out yeah, yeah, I mean I've met Tish once or twice. I thought she was lovely, and it's like you get a chance to kind of peek behind the curtain and you realize everybody's got issues, right, everybody's got stuff going on and you know, trying to work through it. And you know, I think for her, you know again, you know, she's she's saying kind of a recurring theme here, at least from what I've been saying too, like there sometimes you stay in it longer than you're supposed to, and you know, I think there's there's probably a lot of that that people go through. And maybe that's why every year around the end of the year, when people are thinking about how to brand themselves going into the new year, or how they're going to tackle this new year differently, or New Year's resolutions or whatever it might be, maybe that's why we start finding out about all these people splitting up at the end of the year. You know, it's like it's been coming for a while and they are just finally at the at their breaking point and they're finally at their place where they want a level set.
Speaker 2: Moving into the new year. And I don't know, maybe that's maybe that's how they're doing it. What do you think?
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, first of all, they've had a tumultuous relationship, and you know it's like they're such an amazing family.
Speaker 3: I mean, she's such a momager.
Speaker 4: She's like raised like all these incredible children and been a great wife to him, and I mean there's just like they're just the family that just just like the gift that keeps on giving, do you know what I mean. It's like one's talented, the other talented, and the others more talented. I mean, it's just like they're just they're just constantly bringing just in credible talent to us. And so it's just so hard. I think it's hard for us as like an outsider, because we love them so much, all of the every everyone in the family, because we've seen them whether it's on television or you know, singing or wherever it's been, and we were raised with them, you.
Speaker 3: Know, with Miley, and.
Speaker 4: It's just really really hard to see people that you love so much not be happy, and you know, whether however they're navigating this brave world. You know, it's like from the outsider, we just it's like, you know, they're you know, I love that.
Speaker 3: It's like stars are just like us. They pump gas, they get divorced, you.
Speaker 2: Know, they also drive vehicles, They.
Speaker 3: Their children, just like they rush so teeth.
Speaker 4: We put them on such a pedestal for obvious reasons because we love and adore them so much, and then when we hear that there's heartbreak, or when we hear that any kind of scandal, it's almost like disbelief, and it just it it cuts deep for us because we love them, and I think it's such a it must be such a huge responsibility for them too. It's like they need to go on with their lives and they need to find out what, you know, how they're going to like navigate their own future and what that looks like for them. Do you think that anybody on this list? So we had like Tish, we had Jessica Simpson, we had Brittany, we had Christina, And is there anybody on the list that you think that could get back together and if they could hold on, if they could get back together, what do you think that that would look like from your perspective?
Speaker 2: Gosh, well, I don't don't no.
Speaker 1: I mean, man, when I think about all these couples, I think the the Ben and Gen thing might be the one, right, because it's almost like that's the one that hasn't I don't know. I always feel like it's still kind of hanging on, lingering, and they proved to us this time that they weren't afraid to give it another try, so maybe, but there again, I mean, I think I think, you know, again, from the outside looking in, I feel like Ben needs to work on Ben first and get Ben to a good spot, because I've seen some interviews with him where he just seems brooding and unhappy, and it's like, you know, I think, you know, for all the the great things that you've had that have come your way, it's like, you know, it might not be a bad idea to recognize those little bits. So some gratitude to those types of things and feel good about who you are before you try to, like you said, use the biggest band aid you can find, or what that's saying that you said, which I also really liked.
Speaker 2: It's like, you know, you can't you can't solve your problems by, you know, finding somebody else to dump them on.
Speaker 4: I hope that and Billy, I know that is remarried. I hope that they get back together and the whole family is one big, happy family and then we have a we have a big new show and they have all this music and like we're all invited to Nashville.
Speaker 2: The whole world. I would love that.
Speaker 3: I would love them.
Speaker 4: I just love that family. I don't know what it is like, I just I don't know, They're just like there. I just I love how she moms. I've seen her in action, and I love how she's such an entrepreneur but she's still loving and I love how she tried to keep the marriage together for a long time.
Speaker 3: And I know that she's remarried.
Speaker 4: But you know, and I kind of I asked you the question, but I'm interrupting you, which is one of my which is one of my traits.
Speaker 3: But I'm working on it. But I'm actually not going to work on it right now.
Speaker 4: That's so good, it's one of my It's on my to do list, but I'm a roasted for right now. I kind of feel that Jacks and Brittany are going.
Speaker 3: To get back together. Okay, I would kind of feel that now they're going to be like whoa.
Speaker 2: Especially now that they have a baby.
Speaker 1: Like I feel like that's that's that's one of those things too, Like I wanted to work because they have a baby, and I want them to figure out a way to get over it and move on and find each other again and you know, just be happy.
Speaker 2: So let's let's I like that. Let's let's end on that note.
Speaker 1: We're we're seeing three potential reconciliations here in the new year, perhaps and you know, I think that would be pretty great.
Speaker 2: Kelly.
Speaker 1: First of all, I have loved getting to talk to you even better, even better than I expected and I had. I had high hopes and high expectations just from having watched you on the show, how I thought it would be to meet you in person.
Speaker 2: But what a joy.
Speaker 1: And you are such a lovely person, and so I feel even more compelled to root for you every time I see you than I have been in the past, which I always rooted for you anyway, So this is this makes me very happy.
Speaker 2: So thank you for.
Speaker 3: Today, my God love, it's your beautiful family. And to your mom.
Speaker 2: Yes she's over here playing slots on her iPad. She's doing great well. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: You know a lot of what we're taking away from today celebs go through the relationship ups and Donal's just like us, right. It's hard to navigate a breakup or a divorce at any time of a year, but the holidays can definitely make it extra tough. So thanks to Kelly for joining me. She always brings such great insight to the show.
Speaker 2: And if you're a.
Speaker 1: Divorce they're ready to date again, or you want some advice, we want to hear from you, so seriously call us.
Speaker 2: Email us.
Speaker 1: You can call one eight four four four I Do Pod which is eight four four four four three six seven sixty three, or you can email us at the idpod at iHeartRadio dot com, follow us on Instagram and TikTok at I Do Part two pod, and all this information will be available in the show notes. To make sure to rate it, review the podcast for us. Let everybody know that you loved Kelly and I chatting and about all this great stuff I Do Part two. It's an iHeart podcast where falling in love is the main objective.
Speaker 2: Exer