Speaker 1: Td Tuddy taking it to the house reservations for six. Whatever you call a touchdown, one thing's for sure, touchdowns matter more at Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NFL. On the ground, in the air, from the special teams or the defense, we don't care how you score them. We want to bet on touchdowns, and at Draft Kings Sportsbook is the number one place to bet touchdowns. Ready to place your first NFL bet, try something as simple as betting on a player to score touchdown. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your bet today. Ready to do your touchdown dance of your own. New Draft King customers can bet five bucks and get two hundred and fifty instantly in bonus best and get one month free of NFL Plus Premium. Download the Draft Kings sports app. Use code Shannon. That's code Shannon for new customers to get two hundred and fifty in bonus best when you bet just five books and get one month free of NFL Plus Premium only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 2: The Crown is.
Speaker 3: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in Resorting, Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction. Void in Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dknng dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh, Joy's time to introduce that next guest. He's a Lamin native with the west Lake House.
Speaker 2: When the heids Patrophy boo at Arbor University.
Speaker 1: That puts ad together, y'all, Dodew.
Speaker 2: God appreciate you. I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Because where I'm at in my life, I.
Speaker 2: Look at you.
Speaker 5: As a vessel of hope, and you give me the hope to be able to talk how I want to talk dress, how I want to dress and speak my mind and that Atlanta gonna come out of every single time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Absolutely So when people say or they have their opinions about me, I look at Shannon Uncle Shannon, uncle sha as that person that said he's doing it, so why can't I?
Speaker 6: So thank you, BROD.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that, appreciate that.
Speaker 7: We're good to see you.
Speaker 5: Hey, I gotta call you out on some ship too, call him out, don't we do?
Speaker 2: Oho be acting brand new bro? You acting life skin?
Speaker 8: Bro?
Speaker 2: You know you at a light skin. You get some good manyas over that? Man? Ever, manya manyon? What that means? Okay, okay, let's play a game. What that? What does that mean? Listen? We ain't never rehearsed this on the counter of three? What does manyan mean?
Speaker 8: One?
Speaker 2: Two three?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, I'm getting that well.
Speaker 10: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, but listen listen, I'm getting it right, but I ain't spinning.
Speaker 2: It, so it ain't nothing change.
Speaker 10: It's still coming in. But I'm still pretending like I'm broke. I swear for God because this ship ain't real.
Speaker 2: That's cat cap not to you.
Speaker 9: But see I told you, listen, see you.
Speaker 2: Were a good Vanessa. But I thought I would have thought if I ain't no ready to bet, I would have thought you were from Atlanta.
Speaker 5: I would have not because it's some tune is, it's some Fanessa's, it's some stammers.
Speaker 2: I don't we need some time.
Speaker 5: Hold on, we will talk all the way out of anything.
Speaker 7: I still be scamming that. Yeah, I ain't gonna lie to you.
Speaker 10: I still I know because the light's hitting it and look good, don't it. Yeah, sh this ain't just from a laugh. Nigga foods go straight from the lamb.
Speaker 1: You said you were disappointed that your former coach was there when you got there, y'all came in together. If I'm not mistaken, Ron Rivera didn't call you when he.
Speaker 5: Was in Washington. Why did that upset you so much? That was my dog, Like we've been through so much. I always hear his voice.
Speaker 4: Somebody he yeah, kiddo, you know man?
Speaker 2: This that like I say this respectfully.
Speaker 4: He raised me and I raised him.
Speaker 2: He was a rookie head coach.
Speaker 6: I was a rookie player.
Speaker 5: I was not going to allow him to fail in Carolina, not under my watch, because there's an oath and as it's just in us as athletes that when somebody takes a chance on you, no matter what round it is, you feel obligated to give because they've no matter what you want to say, they've allowed you the opportunity to take care of your bloodline. So when what was happened or what had happened in Carolina with me and coach Vera, we had numerous talks and discussions.
Speaker 4: About the game of football and about life.
Speaker 5: So when I was going through the transition of being out of Carolina, I was like, yo, at least I was damn coach and it wasn't just him.
Speaker 2: See that's the thing.
Speaker 5: I can't blame a head coach because he may not have picking power. But Marty Herniey the same thing he was. He drafted me he was in DC and he said, no, it's I'm gonna take it a step further. The head trainer that they had, Ryan Vermilion, was there.
Speaker 8: Nobody.
Speaker 4: So me going through this whole resurgence like yo, like damn, I kept.
Speaker 5: Asking my age and I'm like, Yo, they ag't call Washington, ain't called.
Speaker 2: Know what's going on. So maybe you weren't as close as you previously thought.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 2: I'm an action person.
Speaker 5: Bro, I'm an action person, and I teach my children this man.
Speaker 4: I could tell you anything, but if.
Speaker 5: I don't prove on a day today basis that I loved what I showed you.
Speaker 4: Oh, that don't mean nothing to me.
Speaker 1: Have you had a conversation with him? Have you spoken to him? No, sir, not like we said now, it's not no beef.
Speaker 5: And I don't want nobody to kind of take what I'm saying is that I'm angry because there was a business decision that has to be made and I was and I knew I was coming.
Speaker 4: Off a shoulder injury. Is that that's all it was.
Speaker 5: It was like for me to just say, hey, kiddo, how you doing, Hey, how you feeling? Though, Let's come up here for a physical let me really do a deep die.
Speaker 4: That's the relationship we had.
Speaker 5: And it was the things. And I told Coach r Vera. I was like, Yo, this was in Carolina. I was like, in any.
Speaker 4: Short yarded situation, coach, give me the fucking ball.
Speaker 2: Harriet lady and gentlemen, Raheem Morris.
Speaker 6: And the man changed the script.
Speaker 9: Guys, I just want to know, do you need some fresh legs out there at camp.
Speaker 2: Say that again.
Speaker 7: When you need some fresh leg I can still go. I promise you.
Speaker 10: I tell uncle all the time, I still got it.
Speaker 7: Listen, even at fifty six, I'll tell.
Speaker 11: You this o Cho definitely can give me a couple of releases.
Speaker 6: There we go, and then we're gonna stop right there.
Speaker 8: Guys, got no route.
Speaker 10: You know when you when you talk about quarterbacks, we understand how important that position is, obviously in order to sustain a consistent success for any team. If you look at the top teams in the NFL, it always come down to the quarterback position. Is there a disconnect in any way with the quarterback competing with each other, understanding the pressures that are on Kirk Cousins if he doesn't play well that in jobs in jeopardy.
Speaker 11: I think I think the message was clear coming in. It was open, it was honest, It was clear. Kurt's at started. Kurt's gonna take us to places that we want to go to. Okay, and Michael's gonna come in and he's gonna watch what it looks like, what it feels like. He wants to see what it looked like when you had your quarterbacks and your day with John Lway.
Speaker 6: You want to see what it looked like. You ain't having no quarterbacks, but it would look.
Speaker 2: Like to go out there.
Speaker 1: You won super Bowls at two different stops. You've been an assistant on a lot of different head coaches. What is the common nominator between winning and losing?
Speaker 6: The people?
Speaker 11: It's the people first business and everything we do. When you were a Raven, I watched it live in hand. I came into that stadium and I watched the confidence and the people. I watched Ray Lewis talk smack. I watched you talk smack, and we went in there like man, we about to beat him. And then y'all let us know after the game that y'all wasn't And it was the people that was involved with the organizations. It was all about that. And here we building a people first business and we're doing it with us, we're doing our people with our fans, and like, I just think that's just the messaging, Like you got to have that type of mentality. It's got to be a people first mentality. It has to be at all times in everything we do. We're talking about what the fans were talking about, what our community, we're talking about in the building.
Speaker 6: We're talking about with myself and Terry Finning.
Speaker 11: On our relationship are at the blank and how he communicates with everybody, how we go about our whole process.
Speaker 6: It's the it's the people. It's simple.
Speaker 2: Obviously, you had other opportunities.
Speaker 1: How do you convince coaches that look like you that don't feel like that opportunity is ever gonna come because you had to think about it. There are a fifteen year gap between the time that you were a head coach into it that you got it again, and you had interviews and did you ever think like, Man, I don't know if I'm going to ever get another chance.
Speaker 2: To be a head coach again.
Speaker 6: Say you're ready to say this? It's real simple for me, right, I was a thirty two year old head coach.
Speaker 11: And I did it again, and people were telling me you should have had it a long time ago. I don't give a damn what you people were saying. I'm gonna work for it. I'm gonna go get it, and when it happens, I'm gonna be ready. So I'm gona I'm gonna keep developing my skill set that when it happens again, it's going to be no denying on what you can and how you going to be able to do it and go about your business.
Speaker 6: And I don't give it. Damn what color I am?
Speaker 2: Yeah, results don't know color like it? Like it. You look at what you've done.
Speaker 1: You got Grady Jarrett, you bring him back, You signed Justin Simmons, you signed Matthew Judon, You just gave AJ Terrell boatload of money. You secure lock him up. I drafted him to don't forget you did. You did draft him. So what is the expectations of this defense? Considering you've got guys that have been Pro Bowls, that have been to the All Pro. Ajterrell is one of the better young corners in the league. And we know Geredy Jared is one of the outstanding defensive linemen in the league. What is the expectation that's your area of expertise.
Speaker 11: As you know, as you know, it's really simple, right, stats are for losers. Yes, there are expectations that go out there and beat dogs. Right, we gotta find ways to affect the quarterback and make them just feel uncomfortable at all times. And once you find a way to make them uncomfortable, and you dominate rundowns and get the ball back.
Speaker 6: Then just go watch your offense shine.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 11: That's what winning teams do. That's how you form your identity. That's how you make things move. That's how the needle moves. And the next thing you talking about it on your shows about the stats. We don't care about none of that. We care about the dog mentality that's gonna take to get there. That's what our that's what our goal is. That's what that's that's what the expectations are from the Seaport. Let's put some hands together for MS flow j sign. Have a seat, have a seat, whatever you want to say it, wherever you want to say it.
Speaker 2: How you doing.
Speaker 8: I'm good, I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 1: I don't know if people know this, but you're from the Seaport. You grew up about three outside of here in Savannah, Georgia.
Speaker 12: Flying.
Speaker 2: That's what we do with the Seaport.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this, how do you balance the two because obviously you're good at this rap game.
Speaker 2: You play basketball at an elite level.
Speaker 1: What's the schedule how do you find time to because basketball you're on a basketball scholarship, but you still this is your passion also, So how do you balance that?
Speaker 12: I mean it is hard, but I mean it's not impossible, right, You just gotta It's just time management. But I know in the summer, I got to take full advantage of my time in music, you know what I'm saying. So I just try to go full throttle while still working out and trying to get better in the off season because like during the season, Coach Mokey like, all right, this is my.
Speaker 13: Time, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 12: That was kind of that was kind of our like, you know, that was kind of hard deal. Like, you know, you give me everything you got in the season. In the summer, I'm gonna let you rock and do your music.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, tell us the story.
Speaker 1: I saw you over at Cannes and you was telling the story that you had a concert one night. You had to do the concert, but you had to fly back, got back earlier in the morning, you were sleeping, you were tired, but you know you had to get it because Coach Mokey was gonna be on yo.
Speaker 2: You know what had you not?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 12: No, So what happened was Rod Wave. He gave me that like the chance to open up for him. In Atlanta, So we had a game that night. The next day after games, we always have off days. Flew to Atlanta on my off day and then I drove back seven hours to go to br Right and like I'm already knowing.
Speaker 14: It's a stigma of.
Speaker 12: Like, nah, she can't do both for real, Like you know what I'm saying. So I don't even want to give people a thought to even be like, oh, she came to practice and she was tired. When I came to prite, I was like bouncing off the walls for real, because I knew that I had to come in and kill you know what I'm saying. And I was the first one in the gym last went out like always. So I mean my mindset, you know what I'm saying. I think it's more mind over matter. I think your mind can make you do things that your body sometimes won't allow when you determine, And that's how I feel like I work all the time.
Speaker 10: You know what, we all have dreams as when we're growing up as kids. Obviously, my dream I wanted to be an NFL player. One of your dreams, I'm sure is to play in the w NBA where you continue to your path as far as I don't I don't want to work the right way actually wanting to rap as well and be able to balance both at the highest level.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think it'll be easier, honestly, because you know, I don't have much commitment.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 12: With school, you got you got school first of all, then you got tutoring sessions and all of that, and you got weights and you got all the other you know, requirements of the athlete, practice everything. So I think it'll be easier, you know what I'm saying, to be able to build my schedule how I want to do. My goal is to like play an arena during the day and then sell out that same arena at night, like playing basketball.
Speaker 13: So that's what what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: That's like, if you have to have worked that out with the coach, I don't know if she's gonna be going for that one.
Speaker 7: She better go.
Speaker 2: When did you realize that you could rap?
Speaker 12: When I was on America's Got Talent? I was on America's Got Talent when I was about fourteen, and I got the Golden buzzer and like Simon Cowell came to the back and he was like, you know, one.
Speaker 6: Day you could be a superstar.
Speaker 12: And I'm like, but I'm like, that's samic Cowe, Like he don't even like singers for real life. So him telling like a young black girl that she can like he sees some type of super start powering her, that kind of just you know, just gave me the confidence that I could do it. Because like right before America's Got Talent, I was on the rap game with Jamaine It Free and I lost, and so that was like when I lost that, I went into my room and I just wrote all day.
Speaker 13: And then America Got Talent called.
Speaker 12: And I was ready for the opportunity and I got that validation that I kind of needed as a fourteen year old. And ever since then, nobody could tell me nothing for sure.
Speaker 1: Our last guest of the night, guys, he really doesn't need any introduction. You heard me mentioning on several occasions. He was the guy that raised me. He was the guy that I wanted to be the most, like my brother Sterling Shark.
Speaker 2: I was a real big fan of the show.
Speaker 15: Until I had to follow the discussion about angle. My religion went around me to be around people bad. So but I'm glad to be here. Do you realize I grew up with him, but tonight was the first time I met him.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Yeah, And I've always been a big fan. And we say that a lot, but you know, guys that have a passion for what they do.
Speaker 2: It ain't about money.
Speaker 15: It's not about cars or diamonds, although we have them. I enjoyed watching you play and do what you did. Now the antics I probably could have did without, but but I really did enjoy you as a player.
Speaker 2: I really appreciate the way you play. Thank you.
Speaker 10: I appreciate that coming from and this is one of the things, if you, if you, for those of you that watch when I played, Obviously I was vilified through the mainstream media because of my style of play with the antics and having the but to get the credit from my peers and those that came before me.
Speaker 7: You don't know how much that means.
Speaker 2: Definitely wanted the best ever do definitely wanted.
Speaker 1: A lot of times people ask us ask me, They ask you, man, how much of what you'll say, how much of what your brothers say about your grandparents, what your grandfather said, what your grandmother said, how much of what he's saying did they actually.
Speaker 15: Say, I'm gonna do it this way. For those of you who have grown up in a I'm gonna say a black church. You know, when they talk about Christians and Jesus the shepherd and the sheep smell alike. Whatever he says, he got it from somewhere. He didn't come up with it on his own. So when he says, my grandma used to say, doesn't so she actually did say it.
Speaker 2: When he said, you know.
Speaker 15: My grandfather used to say this, definitely used to say it. So Cam and I had a moment backstage and I was sitting in the audience listening to Cam and he said something that I've been saying for years that I never thought anybody heard. But obviously he felt the same way. And if you look at Tiger Woods and Venus and Serena and Shannon Sharp and Sterling Sharp, and I don't know Chad's background, so I'm going to leave him out. But the successful people that came from nowhere were told what to do. What does Richard Williams know about playing tennis? But we have Venus and Serena. What in the world did Earl Woods ever know about playing golf? But he gave us Tiger Woods. I will say this, my brother and I have never had a fight.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 15: He used to cheat and I used to beat him down, but we never had a fight. The only time my brother told me what he wasn't going to do was that he wasn't going to go to Savannah State College. And I said, that's good, because I'm on the way. I'm leaving Columbia. I was at school at South Carolina. I'm leaving, bro, You're not going to the army. That's not going to happen. The only time he and I ever had a disagreement. I have never, in my fifty nine years on this earth, tried to be his father. But we were always taught that if you have to look past your own dinner table to find a role model, there's something going on in your home. I only wanted him Bobby Dandridge, his nickname was mister Clutch. We had Frank o'harris and Tony Dorset. I wanted him to look at his own dinner table and be like, remember, it's the shepherd and the sheep thing. I never told him what to do. I never tried to instruct him, I never led him. I lived my life, but The wonderful thing and for those of you who have kids, you know this. The wonderful thing is he was watching and I am so proud. I'm proud of that guy right there because I'm proud of Chad because the perception the persona and who he really is is actually two totally different people. You don't realize how hard it is for him to come out here and do that.
Speaker 2: That ain't who he is, That is not who he is.
Speaker 15: I'm ruining it for you and for him to He didn't go through anything. He's led by a higher power that put.
Speaker 2: Him where he wanted to be.
Speaker 15: And what he went through on TV, he needed to go through that so he could get here. And sometimes many many times in a family, you go through things that are hurtful. But he had to go through that to get to hear and he had to be here to get him. And those two together are doing some really good stuff.
Speaker 2: They're fun to watch.
Speaker 15: They they talk about really good things. Not the antal part, but they talk about really good things. And I'm very proud of both of them. When we did the same things. When we both played football, we could talk football. When we both did TV, we could talk TV. I played golf, he doesn't. So we don't have anything in common right now, but we can still find out how each one of us how we're doing. And I'm very proud of how he handled the Skip situation.
Speaker 2: He almost he almost lost it.
Speaker 15: The the the Afro American almost came out. I know you saw it when the glasses went on the table, Scalp.
Speaker 2: I'm in an Afrot Hall of fame.
Speaker 15: I was like, I said to myself, that is the end of the Sharps on TV. That's it, because I knew what was gonna come next. And I was like, Skip, I hope you can fight, but no, I say that in jest. I never do. I never thought he would lose control. I was really shocked that he yelled and screamed. But he yelled and screamed not because of what Skip said. He yelled and screamed because he was so hurt that he's someone he liked and trusted would say or do that to him, and he would never say this. I'm not on TV. I don't do anyone else's media at all except PGA Tour Golf. I go on their show, but I don't do anybody else's because you can't ask me about him because I'm not going to give you anything about him. Do I like his success? You're gonna have to use your own imagination. Do I think he is doing the right thing. You're gonna have to use your imagination. I do not talk about him. Everybody goes. When you're gonna be on Club Shay Shae, I was like.
Speaker 2: I was first.
Speaker 15: Before it became Club Shashee and Chad they were famous. I went on then because I was like, I see where this train going, and this is way before Cat William. I do not want to be anywhere near where this thing's going. So Club Shay and Nightcap I can say this, this is probably the last time you will see me publicly because they are going in a totally different stratosphere. And I want to thank Cam Newton. I told Cam backstage I am very impressed by him because they are a lot alike. And you have to admit, Cam is the largest human being you've ever seen, dude.
Speaker 2: It's gigantic.
Speaker 1: And now it's time for you guys, one of you guys' favorite segment, The Rail Report.
Speaker 2: Come on out here, rail Hey, Reil need a mic, right, Red Reil mic hit my.
Speaker 13: Hey real, Hey y'all, are.
Speaker 1: You doing real? You just flew into town today. You know, rail sprung in town today.
Speaker 9: We ain't doing amazing fucking beefing?
Speaker 8: Is he? Like?
Speaker 2: I'm coming? I want to see my man.
Speaker 1: I've been away from him for a minute, so I'm coming support.
Speaker 14: Yeah, even when we beef, and I still support.
Speaker 2: Now, See that's what you need.
Speaker 9: I mean, listen time, let me tell me glass off.
Speaker 10: Like we beefing for real, Like, no bullshit, I ain't talk I ain't talk to real in six seven days.
Speaker 7: I'm a Disney man.
Speaker 9: I've been busy, fuck this ship.
Speaker 10: I just want you all to know we beefing for real and.
Speaker 2: You still love us. So that's what people, That's what couples do.
Speaker 7: Hold on, hold on, hold on, let me finish.
Speaker 9: Because I'm mad.
Speaker 14: What they used to say, scratch your ass and yes, all right.
Speaker 2: Right now you're upset.
Speaker 1: I'm mad, No bullshit, Animals get mad, humans get upset.
Speaker 2: So right now you're upset. You have a little disagreement.
Speaker 1: You know, Reil said it was rainy outside, you said the seventy and sunny, and y'all have a little disagreement. That's what happens a couple disagree sometimes. Oh your damn you ain't gonna be great all the time.
Speaker 9: Any couples out there, Augum, yeah they for you. Are you going through it too? Okay? Okay, hey hog, let me after the show.
Speaker 2: Oh oh your lady taking a picture too, So I like the pictures.
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh Joe, you got to step ono.
Speaker 2: You better hold on, you better hold on.
Speaker 1: Women like Reil ain't They don't come easy, make their own money, got their own got their own money. She can stay rail as a stand alone. There's not a whole lot of women that can stand alone. Reil can carry her own and I know sometimes. Look I'm a lot older than you, O Joe, and I can I'm speaking from experience.
Speaker 2: I'm speaking.
Speaker 1: I'm speaking from experience, and he is easy. Like when you get upset with your partner and the first thing you go, let her know what he aff it up with.
Speaker 8: I'm the dude.
Speaker 9: Yeah yeah, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 13: That and I'm motherfucking real.
Speaker 1: So with that being said, look, this is this ain't nothing that we can't overcome. We family, how about we have a how about this year? Like when I go on vacation next year, you were rail host back captain.
Speaker 2: You said you said you want you want, Hey.
Speaker 9: I want to be on first tap.
Speaker 16: You're gonna be.
Speaker 2: Bro when I'm going on first take.
Speaker 1: When I take my two months off, you take my two days and your day.
Speaker 10: No, no, no, I want to come on there with you and Steven a like right now.
Speaker 2: I ain't know. I'm on Mondays and Tuesdays.
Speaker 9: Okay, I'm gonna come on Monday as and tuesdays.
Speaker 2: You could you take the weekend? You take Thursday and Friday.
Speaker 9: Ain't nobody watching on Thursday and Friday they do?
Speaker 2: That's leading into the game.
Speaker 1: Nah nah, But first of all, a r first take, right, that's stuffing you gotta take up with Stevie Day.
Speaker 9: All right, don't worry about it. We're good, We're good, We're good.
Speaker 10: And just so y'all know, this ain't no script, This ain't really the real reporter's part of the show.
Speaker 9: But on on, on, God, we really.
Speaker 13: Beefing Well, you gotta keep it reiterated just.
Speaker 9: So they don't think this ain't serious. This shit serious beef and I'm mad.
Speaker 1: Let's give it up for the biggest boss you ever saw, mister Rick Ross.
Speaker 17: What's saying and what's that? And what's that and what's that. I'm proud of y'all. Man, y'all make so noise to these soon right here. Man, I had you on the podcast.
Speaker 1: You're one of my first guests on Club Sha and you was telling the story how you was always a hustler, that you would aay for a little extra money. You was washing cars, but for a little extra money. A I'm gonna rearrange your consents. I'm gonna put them banks in there in alphabetical orders, all this, I'm gonna do all this stuff. You always had the entremrepreneur skill. You always had the ability to foresight to see, like, you know what, homie gonna like this.
Speaker 2: That's what it's all about. Take it to that next level.
Speaker 16: Whatever you got going on, whoever your business partner saw surprising, take them to that next level. You see, I got my brand up here. I want to try yours as well. But that's what it's all about. I got my homie, Jeremy Slippery Soap he in here tonight. So it's just all about always sharing that platform with my team, and that's what we do. We all see the progress, we all grow. You look back a decade later.
Speaker 10: God damn, listen, you gotta think, well, we go, we go way back by, we go way back, way back. So I'm trying to think when I think about artists today, how important do you think it is for them to build their brand the way you have outside of the music industry. But the thing is you had the success to be able to do it through music, which made the transition that much easier. Right, So how do you answer that question. It's one thing about building a brand, but you got to be good at the first part.
Speaker 16: That is your profession, right right, what we all got to accept and be realistic about it. It's like going to the league. Everybody won't make it to the Hall of Fame you being an artist. Everybody may not know how to go out and really become that product or sell products. It's a lot of huge artists that could sell records, but the young kids don't want to dress like them, so they can't sell clothes, They can't sell shoes.
Speaker 6: Nigga won't even wear they.
Speaker 2: Socks, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 16: So everybody can't do everything, But what you do want to make clear is the opportunities that are out there So if you're a young athlete, you know what I mean. It's the NIO, the game changing right now. But it's all about making sure you understand you are a business. You the CEO your life, and every day you wake up, you run it just like you don't want to run your business.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, the next guy that is coming to the stage is a Houston rap legend.
Speaker 10: Hold on, I gotta I got to use the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Boy, you got you got kids like an old person.
Speaker 9: I got a pepe.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, all.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm sorry, Lord, have mercy, he said, I go through this.
Speaker 2: He ain't got nobody on you good? You know you're good. I'm feeling there for my.
Speaker 7: Home in Chad.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's what's up. What's what's up? Everybody? What's up? Houston? That's good? Did you fly in for this or you here? Now?
Speaker 6: I'm here, I'm local.
Speaker 7: My daughter is at Prairie View four.
Speaker 1: What's been circulating lately is that Tyreek racing no allows Tyree.
Speaker 18: I don't know what much more attention that he needs. I mean, he already has enough attention as it is. But he's not beating nor allows. I don't care what it is. What it is. He like, we did a We made a bet like probably three years ago. He said he would give me like ten steps. It was like nine yards, and we raised one hundred, one hundred yards. He barely made up a yard. If I get a good start, I can beat Tyreek. And that's not that's no cap. That's just me being realistic and understanding who I am and what my ability.
Speaker 1: You believe if you believe you got a great start, if I if I were, if you got a speed coach and says, okay, oh Joe, we're gonna work with you for three months.
Speaker 7: And at the end of ojo No, he ain't doing nothing.
Speaker 1: But at the end of those three months and it says, okay, you race Tyreek what you want to race him? At a forty sixty one hundred what you want to raise?
Speaker 18: He has no chance in the hundred because I'm one of those back you want you unwind once. Yeah, I pick up at the end fifty sixty. That's very competitive. But if I get a good start, he gonna have a problem. He's gonna have a problem. But he's not beating no, allows that's not no.
Speaker 2: Why do you why do you think he keeps challenging No Allows.
Speaker 18: I don't know what much more attention that he needs.
Speaker 6: No, but it's not possible.
Speaker 18: He's not about to He's not about to beat an Olympic gold medalist and nothing.
Speaker 2: Oh shoe think he could beat him in a fifty?
Speaker 18: Ojo, ain't beating me in a fifty? Tyreek can be No, he's not beating him in a fifty. It's about a mindset. There's as football players, Like I said, Tyreek is good football speed. He no hands down, He's one of the fastest in the NFL. And there are some guys that will probably challenge him on that right. He didn't raise DK Metcalf. Why if you're that fa you're that fast? Like race Dk Magan. That's Mark, he's Goodwin, who was a track guy, Olympic guy. Why aren't you racing these guys?
Speaker 2: Is avery word that he just ran the fastest forty man?
Speaker 18: You bit en off a little bit more than you can choose when you're messing with no Allows, Like, what is it?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 18: You're trying to get out of this, but you're not beating You're not beating No Allows.
Speaker 2: You think he's been No Allows?
Speaker 10: I said, in the fifty to sixty because he's not because you get out so fast and we've been going at this for years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not even faster than me. I would have admit you're quicker than me.
Speaker 9: You're not even a better receiver.
Speaker 10: Be stopped playing with me, Blake, I'm ocho, Blake it me.
Speaker 18: I'm gonna go sit over this on this couch with that. This the yellow jacket couch over here. It's a yellow jacket couch over here.
Speaker 2: You're like yourself. I got love for you.
Speaker 9: I got a jacket too.
Speaker 2: I made my own.
Speaker 10: Hey, it's three two before I got my real one.
Speaker 9: It's three hundred of y'all. That's only one of me.
Speaker 7: Nigga, that's all good.
Speaker 10: That's good now, Like I said, and I look better than you.
Speaker 9: No, not happening.
Speaker 2: Not happening.
Speaker 9: Hey, our next guest.
Speaker 10: An iconic figure in the Houston area, a legendary player for the Houston Texans, a Hall of Famer who lives in Houston. Now, don't get confused by way of Miami the Goat, Andre the better of the Johnson's.
Speaker 1: Actually first player for in the Houston Texans to go into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. What did that when you got the call and it says they knock on the door. Andre Johnson, Welcome the football heaven. You've been selected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Speaker 19: I mean, Shannon, you you've had that knock, you know, So I don't think words can really describe it, if you Like, I had to take a moment to literally go sit on my couch, you know, and I have my hands in my head and I just you know, to be it's been over thirty thousand guys to play this game. It's only three hundred and it's seventy eight people in the Hall of Fame. That's one that's not even one percent. That's correct to be mentioned with that man. That's it's special.
Speaker 9: Obviously being for Miami. Growing up together.
Speaker 10: Did you ever think that the story that we are control of being able to write would have gotten to where it's gotten now.
Speaker 19: Hell Na, I'm not even gonna lie, Chad, Like you know, how we grew up, like in the neighborhood, we just wanted to be able to provide a better life for our family.
Speaker 2: That was always our goal.
Speaker 19: Like we just want to make it out and to have to get to the level of being a Hall of Famer, Like I never would imagine that in a million years, bro.
Speaker 2: You know, so.
Speaker 19: I ain't gonna lie, man, just having you here and enjoy this with you appreciate people. A lot of people really don't know, man, how far we go back?
Speaker 9: Yeah, way way back.
Speaker 10: So the funny thing about it, for those of you that don't know, Dre and I used to train in the off season, you know, during our day when we were playing me tannem Man uh Tonyo.
Speaker 7: Brown, crazy ass.
Speaker 10: Who else we had that there, man, a lot of us, so you know we did. It was a certain connection that we all kept like we was family.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 10: Obviously we all played on different teams, but everybody from that area, we all we all got got back together and we always ship worked our ass off in all season. Man, And it's awesome, you know. It's it's someone that has always looked up to you, even from Afar during the time.
Speaker 7: We're also close.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 9: I'm proud of you, really, I'm really proud of you.
Speaker 1: But I'm pretty sure they showed on your highlight clip that fight.
Speaker 2: I forgot that was coming.
Speaker 1: I had only met I had only met you once I came here. Early in your career and uh way, as a matter of fact, I think I think Cool Cool was the coach. He was the coach, and you were very quiet and you're still quite quiet, and I remember that happening, and I'm like, what did this man say to get him?
Speaker 2: He don't even talk, let hemone fight? What what did he say to get you? Sold?
Speaker 1: Like you're like, ef it, I'm in Liberty City right now, I'm swinging broke.
Speaker 19: It had been going on for about three years.
Speaker 2: Damn you let it build up that long. Yeah.
Speaker 19: Yeah, it had been going on for about three years.
Speaker 17: Man.
Speaker 19: I never shared this story and nobody but because we all night cap up and give it.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah what I'm talking about?
Speaker 2: There you go?
Speaker 19: So, Chad, you remember club play Old Chrystal. Yeah, so man, this is no lie. Like they're driving up to the club. It's my little brother and Rudy. My brother's sitting in there passing passenger seat, Rudy's in the back seat.
Speaker 8: And.
Speaker 19: Brom pulling up in valet and they jump out the car while the cars moving right and I'm like, what the hell y'all doing? They was like, there you go. So I'm like, what are y'all talking about? Is Courtland. He's standing at the front door of the club. I didn't even see him. They wanted to get on him right then, and I'm like, nah, like, we're not doing that, you know what I'm saying. So that happened like a year prior. So I don't know, man, Like we was up twenty to nothing and I told cool, but I was like, hey, man, I'm finna beat his ass.
Speaker 1: Normally, coaches called plays for the player, the player called the play coach.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna beat his ass on one ready break.
Speaker 19: So that was just that was just it, man, Like, I just had enough of, you know, the stuff he was doing.
Speaker 1: So uh so it mainly chief shots, not so much talking. It was the chief thing talking. You could talk all day. I don't give it damn by talking. But it was the cheap things he would do after plays.
Speaker 9: Okay, yeah, y'all cool, Now, y'all cool, Now, y'all.
Speaker 8: Say, I don't know.
Speaker 19: I ain't never seen I seen him one time since that whole situation, so I don't.
Speaker 2: But after that, he ain't chief shot you no more. No, I ain't gonna do.
Speaker 9: That coaching coaching.
Speaker 10: First off, you know, I've been out here, I've been lobbying for a job, and I'm available.
Speaker 9: So like, listen, I'm in shape. If you need a set of extra legs, we need you.
Speaker 2: We can get a workout on Tuesday. You're ready.
Speaker 10: Swear to God, don't do me like that, because I'm trying to get out.
Speaker 7: Of the house.
Speaker 2: And we got somebody. We got somebody that gets you the ball.
Speaker 9: There we go that you do, Go ahead, I got a job, y'all.
Speaker 1: Coaching your wildest imaginations when you got drafted to this team at the first round draft pick and when rookie of the year you have a stellar career, did you ever imagine that you'd never come back and be the head coach?
Speaker 20: Never, Never, in my lifetime what I've imagined being the head coach of the Houston Texans, the team that drafted me. But that it was that surreal moment, right It's I had other options, other teams that were vuying, but it was like, man to go.
Speaker 2: Back to Houston where it all started, where it.
Speaker 20: All started, Like struggling a little bit, like it meant more to come back home to Houston.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't coach.
Speaker 10: Obviously, you've been around the game of football for a very long time. For those that are on the outside looking in, I don't think they understand how special a season that was for you to have. Obviously you understand the difficulty when you draft the rookie quarterback and understanding you have a program that is trying to build itself back to winning consistently and to.
Speaker 9: Be able to have a successful.
Speaker 10: Season, obviously not winning a championship, but still having a successful season knowing that you can build off of that. Do you understand how great your season was last year?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 20: I do understand it all, Like it all starts with the like you said, the rookie quarterback. Everybody now they expect rookies to come in and just ball out from the start. That doesn't happen, especially at the quarterback position. You got to have a special, special person and to do that. And you know, we were fortunate enough to get CJ at number two, and this kid.
Speaker 9: Is special, yes, definitely, definitely.
Speaker 20: You know, he's fun to work with. But and he didn't start off that way like we didn't. We started off with a rough season, like we had to go through some growing pains, and he learned a lot, our team learned a lot of how we had to play to win games, and that growing, that growth process throughout the season. That made it even more special to know we didn't just come out just beating people. And I told our guys too, you know, we talk about how special of a season it was.
Speaker 2: You look up.
Speaker 20: We had I think it was ten games that were in the last minute of the game. We were right in the game, and I think we won seven with those ten in the last minute of the game. So that just shows the margin for era in this league. It's still tight even though it's a great season. But man, I tell our guys, you got to you have to work hard. You gotta grind those wins, and you gotta be smart in those situational moments to close games out.
Speaker 1: Coach, but you understand you were a rookie head coach. You had a rookie quarterback. The expectations this year, given what happened last year, are a lot different than they were last year.
Speaker 2: Going in. You mentioned CJ. Came in and played unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Tank Dale, Nico Collins, you signed us, I mean, you traded for Stefan Diggs, your defense, Stingley Junior, Will Anderson Jr. What are your expectations from this team?
Speaker 8: I hear you now.
Speaker 20: I still tell our guys our expectations is just to get better every day. Like I tell like, we can't get everybody know when we suit up like you guys have like everybody wants to go win it all right, that's always the goal. That's why we do what we do.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 20: We're trying to go get that Lombardi, but we don't get there overnight. So enjoy the process of just.
Speaker 2: Getting better every day.
Speaker 20: And when we look up in February and we're there playing for that Lombardy, that's it's gonna make it.
Speaker 2: Especially.
Speaker 7: There's something I always wanted to ask you.
Speaker 10: There was an issue obviously with Brian Brian Brian Florey as in tour and the way he he talked to him obviously Rubb too the wrong way. And I just want to know, how do you navigate being able to coach certain players certain ways? And how do you approach it? Because you can coach some players you can coach hard. You know, you understand those of the Bill like that, you can coach them a little harder. Some of them you got to pat him on the back and guide them how have you been able to do that with your with your players?
Speaker 20: Yeah, with it, man, it's a great question, right. I was just talking to one of my coaches about that earlier today.
Speaker 6: Man, you have to have a.
Speaker 2: Relationship with guys.
Speaker 20: Like, if you don't have a relationship with guys and you don't know how that guy is going to respond, right, some guys I could I could coach hard.
Speaker 6: Some guys I know, like, man, I can't.
Speaker 20: Get it out of him, but I don't need to go as hard with him. I just got to tell him, Hey, man, you're doing a great job. Hey, keep it going, young fella. We're gonna get there. But if you don't establish that relationship outside of football, just got to sit down. You gotta eat with guys, You gotta meet with guys, just talk to them one on one, like what's going on outside of football so you can really get to know that young man, and what's going on in is life Like that's how you are able to relate to guys and coach Like now, once you get that relationship, I can coach them up hard, right, But everybody, you can't coach hard. Everybody don't need hard coaching. But as a coach. It's our job, right, And that's one thing I learned about coaching. I thought, man, when I finished playing, I thought I was gonna hop in, like, hey, Kyle, I can come coaching linebackers right now. But that's what I learned when I was in San France. I truly learned, like, man, you got every guy is different.
Speaker 2: How do you teach every guy?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 20: Every guy learns different, every guy you gotta explain things differently and they pick it up different. So for me, that's where I learned, like, man, you have to be adaptable as a coach, right, but you gotta know these guys outside of football, you.
Speaker 2: Know, go ahead give it up to.
Speaker 1: A lot of times, sometimes coaches try to hide hard coaching behind disrespect.
Speaker 2: It's like, if I'm.
Speaker 1: Working for you, I want you to coach may have and I want you to say what I'm doing wrong. But there's a very very fine line between hard coaching and disrespect. Now, you guys have to understand, that's a grown man. You're talking to this in college. He's not trying to get to the NFL. He's already here. He's not in high school trying to get to college. So those guys. You can coach, you can coach. I mean when we grew up, coaches cust this out all kind of that.
Speaker 2: You do that, now you're going to turn a guy off for the guy might want to fight you.
Speaker 20: He might want to fight you, or he might just leave this guy. It's just it's a different, different error. And I never like try to cross the lines of cursing guys out. I feel like if I have to curse you out, like I got the wrong guy correct first off, right, I don't. We don't have time for that. Like, we're men, we're working together, and I tell our guys my first meeting is like, this is what you can expect our coaches. Our coach is going to be respectful. They're going to tell you the truth, and they're going to coach everybody in his room, right because they care.
Speaker 7: Your success is their success.
Speaker 20: So we have to find that common ground to work together for us all to be successful.
Speaker 1: You played for coach Saban, I don't know your high school coach, and you played for Cool. What are some of the things what's your what's domko Ryan's coaching style? Did you take a little bit from coach Saban? Because as hard as he is. He does a great job of patting the players on the back even when they make mistakes.
Speaker 20: And with my coaching style, man, I took a lot from a lot of different coaches that I was I was around. I think you know it all starts from I spent the most time around Robert Solom okay, right, and in that coaching profession, like I just learned from him, Like, man, you you got to bring great energy every day, right, and you got to be able to relate to all these guys in the same room. How can you relate to them like storytelling like whatever, keeping in light with jokes like it's it's a fine line. Just coaching and all the guy even Wave Wave Wave Felders, Man, he was your head coach. He would come into the meeting room. Wave would just tell a joke everybody in the room, and he talked to you. He always told a story about you, like hey, man, Like we had a guy on scout team. I told him, don't worry about covering him. He's better than the guys that are playing. So it was always Wave found a way, in a playful way to get guys attention, draw guys in. So I think you draw me in you get their attend to you relate to the guys.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 20: Also with saving, I know he's hard on guys, but the only way you can be hard on him is you got to love him.
Speaker 2: Too, right.
Speaker 20: You gotta got man, you have to and guys got to know. For me, I had a strength condition to coach. He called me as soon as I got into coaching. He was like, Demiko, players do not care how much you know until they know how much you care about them.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 20: And so that was the one thing that's always stuck to me. Like I tell our guy, man, I care about you as a as a man first and foremost.
Speaker 2: It's football gonna we're gonna get to the football.
Speaker 20: I'm gonna correct you, I'm gonna coach you up, But man, I care about you as a man being successful after football is over. Like, I want you to be a great husband, great father, great leader in the community, because that's what's gonna last.
Speaker 9: Yeah, your approach to the game of football.
Speaker 10: Obviously when you played, I'm not sure if you had any superstitions or not. As for myself, there was a certain routine that I stuck to, and to me, I felt this routine that I stuck to during my playing days would probably give me the success that I wanted despite putting the work throughout the week. Now that you're a coach and you played, obviously, do coaches have routines and superstitions once you get to that point as a leader of men, or you just allow the work that you put into in the week to take care of itself.
Speaker 20: Yeah, I think you fall into those kind of superstitions. You kind of fall into them because it's like, oh man, we smoked them this week, Like, hey, we got whatever I did, whatever I ate last week, whatever whatever I listened to on the way till to stay like run it all back, right, But I don't believe in that. That's that's the reason why, Right, I think you just get into a habit. But I don't believe in the superstitions. And you know, but sometimes you get off this routine, right. It's routine is a routine a lot of coaches fall into, whether it's working out before the game, running stadiums, or ready to hitting the treadmill right certain things. For me, my deal is I'm watching film up until the last minute before I have to go out, Like I'm trying to find another advantage, Like I'm looking at third down again, I'm looking at two minutes for as.
Speaker 2: Long as I can.
Speaker 9: They come now, hey, coach, we gotta go.
Speaker 20: It's like I'm trying to get that edge up until the last minute.
Speaker 1: We're talking about the rooney rude. There's a lot about that, and you had great success. Were you ever concerned because you see so many black coaches like go ten fifteen years before they even get an opportunity to go interview for a head coach.
Speaker 8: You didn't have to wait that long.
Speaker 1: You had about a two year two year once you became the DC at San Francisco. Your neighbor missed immediately went into that pool, so you didn't have to wait long.
Speaker 2: How do you tell your brother and.
Speaker 1: For the black fellow black coaches like just to be patient when some of them have been patient for ten fifteen years.
Speaker 20: Yeah, no, that's you know, I think for me being in a position I am, man, I'm standing on the shoulders of guys who.
Speaker 8: Paid the way before me. Right, A lot of.
Speaker 20: A lot of coaches who grind it and they didn't get that opportunity. I know one coach in particular, you know, coach Bobby Turner, yep, and Coach Turner, that was my role model. I was there in San fran That's that guy looked up to the og like he's been coaching for over thirty years. Need never got the opportunity. And more I know he deserves the opportunity. So I always tell Coach Turner, man, I love you, I thank you for you provided me this opportunity to become a head coach. And when I became a head coach, like man, I got to do this for you. Coach t I gotta be successful for you. And it's the same thing I tell all other guys like Man, I'm representing a lot of guys right who are still trying to get that opportunity, a lot of guys who are coming after me to get the opportunity, and I just I want to represent the right way.
Speaker 10: A good thing about it, the fact that we get so few opportunities to be a leader of black men, be in a position of power. Does it add any more pressure to you as a head coach or do you just don't even think about it and just do what you need to do.
Speaker 20: It doesn't add pressure to me because I know, at the end of the day, it's about doing the job the right way right. It's surrounding myself with the right people, right coaching staff, the right players. It's not just about me, it's about my entire support staff, everybody in that building helping me to be successful.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 20: I can't do it by myself, so it doesn't add any pressure to me. It's just I know, I know the task at hand, and it's just about us going out dominating the process every day, being as as good as we can be every single day, getting a little bit better, and we're gonna the wins, the results, all that stuff will show up when we work the right way.
Speaker 2: I think the question that everybody wants to know, you'll know what.
Speaker 8: You're still beefing?
Speaker 7: Goddamn right, he has.
Speaker 13: That time out.
Speaker 14: I know why he acts like I'm in the dog house, but he's in the dog house.
Speaker 7: Nah, we be beefing.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 7: It's something that's really funny.
Speaker 10: You know how you look at instagrams, you look at Twitter, you look at just pictures in Jodle. When it comes to couples, you ever notice how they always show you the good. Everybody's always smiling, everybody's always fucking happy. They don't never tell you about the motherfucking ups and the motherfucking downs.
Speaker 14: Why you gotta curse so much? Why you gotta curse so much?
Speaker 7: Because I'm mad, my dad. I'm trying.
Speaker 10: I'm trying to share my experience to let you know that it ain't always fucking happy, it ain't always fucking smiling.
Speaker 8: She makes me.
Speaker 10: Fucking mad, and I love them, right, I love her.
Speaker 7: That's that's my that's my dog. But she in a doghouse.
Speaker 2: Well, if you love a give her kiss.
Speaker 7: I don't know what. I can't kiss him.
Speaker 14: I got chaffstick on and he's been smoking cigars, been smoking cigas.
Speaker 2: You don't like cigars.
Speaker 10: So it's funny when we met. When we met, I was smoking cigars.
Speaker 8: It was no problem, and it wasn't no problem.
Speaker 14: You brush your teeth and you had a mint in the back of your mouth. Now you got complacent, right, and you think you're supposed to just kiss on me without doing all that. So that's not love. That's not love.
Speaker 7: If I got it, if I got.
Speaker 10: To do all this extra stuff, you were doing the extra ship.
Speaker 13: But when we first met, but I got.
Speaker 2: You now, So it's.
Speaker 13: So crazy.
Speaker 14: Thing is Chad has always been my celebrity crush. Like, no, he's always been my celebrity crush. Like if I would describe the perfect man, it was him.
Speaker 13: Chocolate, pretty smile.
Speaker 7: Right, go go into detail. Tell me some more.
Speaker 1: So you sent us the hard eyes. How long did it take him to respond?
Speaker 8: Was it immediately? Was it a day? Was it two days?
Speaker 13: Less than five seconds?
Speaker 7: Damn?
Speaker 9: I just happened to have my phone from hand.
Speaker 8: Yeah, okay, phone, My phone was in my hand, okay, but.
Speaker 10: It won five seconds, about thirty seconds. It was because I had to scroll through the pictures first and make sure she was what she was.
Speaker 8: And I saw the You saw the feet.
Speaker 7: I saw the feet.
Speaker 10: And that's the only reason we together is because I've seen the feet. You know, I'm a foot guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 7: I really can't help myself.
Speaker 2: You're a lot of guys. Yeah anything that.
Speaker 8: Elbow? Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 9: So I've seen her feet, I answered, so fast?
Speaker 7: Boom man?
Speaker 8: How long?
Speaker 1: I maybe two days? How long did it take y'all? Okay, you said the hard eyes? He responds, damn, there immediately. So how long before you guys actually met face to face?
Speaker 14: It was about four weeks, three and a half closer.
Speaker 2: Hold him, hold him, Mike closer.
Speaker 13: It was about three and a half weeks. Okay, no, I'm not I'm serious for real.
Speaker 14: Yeah, three and a half weeks.
Speaker 9: I don't remember the story like that.
Speaker 14: I got the time for I got the time stamps.
Speaker 8: It was three and a half, three and a half weeks.
Speaker 14: I was trying to come sooner, but the time frames with so three and a half weeks.
Speaker 7: We went to Green Bay.
Speaker 2: You went to him or he came to you.
Speaker 13: I went to him?
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah she did.
Speaker 13: We went to Green Bay.
Speaker 14: We talked, and I was actually surprised because the guy who I thought I knew was a different persons Keith. He spoke a lot, very intellectual. I thought I was dealing with a you know, a hood.
Speaker 6: I could be.
Speaker 9: I could be hood.
Speaker 7: I could got a switch.
Speaker 14: No, he switched it up on me and we connected just like that.
Speaker 9: I tried to be I tried to be a gentleman, you know the first time.
Speaker 10: Yeah, coming in town, open the doors, you know, daddy is here, So.
Speaker 13: No Papa, papaa, cover your ears.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 10: She came to Green Bay. I was working doing my stuff with the A the game. It was that the packers and whatever whoever. I think the Bears.
Speaker 7: I was like, well, I get your room. It's like no, no, I'll stay with you. I was like, okay, no.
Speaker 13: You was like, I'll sleep in the liver room.
Speaker 9: Sleep in the living room, just so you comfortable.
Speaker 13: I can't fly here for that thing.
Speaker 8: I mean, yeah, y'all.
Speaker 14: See, man, listen, we're about grown adults.
Speaker 13: I mean we grown right, yes.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And from from that day on we we ain't separating. So we were coming up on five.
Speaker 1: Years, coming up on five years, and the wedding is playing for February twenty five.
Speaker 14: Right to to twenty five, yeah, two two to twenty five tubes equal eight in the year five eighty five.
Speaker 2: Oh lord her.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Our next guest coming to the stage is Dallas born and bred and raised. Let's give it up, Yellow Beasy doing what you did because for me, like all I want to do was to make money to get my grandmother, to get my family out of that environment. I mean, I really didn't think about like seventy eighty thousand fans cheering for me.
Speaker 8: That wasn't what I really wanted. I wanted.
Speaker 1: I wanted the fortune, the fame I could I could have done without, but obviously that's.
Speaker 8: A part of it. If it everything that you imagine that when you like.
Speaker 1: In your bed and you thinking like, man, I'm going on this journey and one day I'm gonna be sixty seventy thousand in a stadium, not arena, a stadium.
Speaker 8: Is it everything you thought it would be?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 21: Like it's like a bitter sweet feeling because like you pray for a lot of stuff and then when you actually live in your dreams, bro, like you gotta understand, like it's a lot of people out here praying to be in your position.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 21: It's a lot of people been chasing dreams thirty forty years and the ain't seen no success with it. So I'm one of them that can actually say that I made it. So every chance that I get, but I'm gonna pray about it, I'm gonna thank God and be grateful for everything, because like it's a lot of people that want to be in my position.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's what's going on.
Speaker 1: What are some of the things that came along with this, this fame that you came with that you didn't expect?
Speaker 21: Uh, Yeah, for sure, a lot of hate, a lot of if it's one of those situations like damn if you do, damn if you don't right, and it's like one of those situations where you you gotta just really just you gotta be built for it, because a lot of people, if you're not built for this, like success, success to turn you down to that's that's acide of Down't tell you like it's a lot of critics, like they're gonna critique everything you gonna you do. They gonna think whatever they think about you know what I'm saying. If you want to change the narrative, you can't be. At the same time, you gotta have tough skin because people gonna hate, they gonna be jealous, they gonna envy you, they gonna just say anything, and if you let it get to you, like it'll turn up motherfucker down. Like you know what I'm saying. But I ain't never been a type that letter turn me down. But I didn't know it was gonna be like so much bullshit like they come.
Speaker 7: Along with them, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: Yes, Yes, the funny thing with the bullshit, it only happens because of success. So now that you have the success, what is continued to inspire and motivate you to continue to want to climb that mountain ladder in your cer.
Speaker 21: I just want to shoo on motherfolks who don't think it's still in me, Like everybody that hate, Like, I'm glad y'all hating on man. I'm glad that you feel like it's some sweet cause I love proving motherfuckers wrong, like it's I'm here for a reason, you know what I'm saying, Like, y'all ain't bringing me this far just to turn his back on me, So I damn sure I ain't gonna let no motherfucker tell me like otherwise, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I like, listen, you you've collaborated for some dope ass major artists. Is that one person you haven't had a chance to collaborate that you want to besides me, I.
Speaker 21: Gotta get one with the light skinned nigga man, Drake, I got you, bro.
Speaker 8: It's just we gotta we You.
Speaker 7: Know, dark skin, y'all.
Speaker 21: You know, y'all, I'm dark and heart, but you know, y'all, y'all, y'all, y'all been picking on.
Speaker 7: Us since we was you know since since the beginning of the time.
Speaker 8: So I gotta I gotta do it. In the eighties, y'all ran the eighties.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I probably, Yeah, I ain't gonna lie. I definitely would have been shopping on y'all, and I ain't gonna lie. I would have had a different type of attitude. Michael Jackson Prince, Yeah, I would, y'all had all, I would have had a perm and everything.
Speaker 2: Hey, we beably got Michael, Jordan West and Snipe.
Speaker 8: It was over.
Speaker 21: But y'all, yeah, this come on, man, what are yelling?
Speaker 2: Niggas are?
Speaker 7: But nah, I gotta be Drake.
Speaker 21: I want to do one with Nikkia. I want to do some afrobeasts too, like with Burno Boy. I want to get on Rihanna too. I ain't gonna lie and Vibe Cortel just came home. Free him, I mean, shout out to him. I want to do one with Vibes. I want to do something with just everybody. Bro, I ain't gonna lie to you.
Speaker 10: I've already know what not he think about the names he just named right, like some of the biggest in the world.
Speaker 7: Man, what's the process?
Speaker 10: Like, do you get the phone and be like, Hey, I got something, I want to send it to you.
Speaker 7: I want to work with you. How does that work?
Speaker 21: I really think that go off like relationships, like you got to be at the right place at the right time time. I tell people all the time, relationship works more than money. Yes, you know what I'm saying, Like certain shit you just can't buy. Like people just gotta want to fuck with you genuinely. And that's why I get like a lot of my features, Like people be thinking like I know he paid for this, he paid for that, bro, I don't be paying for nothing like niggas literally be looking at for me just out the strength just because of who I am and what type of genual.
Speaker 19: Soul I had.
Speaker 21: You know what I'm saying, which is a blessing. You know what I'm saying. I don't be thinking like I'm gonna get it for free, just how fuck with you? It'll really be fucking me up though, you know what I'm saying. But relationship is being solid, having a good face called to take them more fear in life.
Speaker 1: Our next guest coming Out, Eric Kendrick, tell us about the transition of becoming a cowboy crazy.
Speaker 22: What's it been like it's different. You know, football is crazy out here. You know, I hear about Texas football. I'm kept California. Let's good football out there. But you know football is different in Texas for sure, a little bit more you know, a little.
Speaker 7: Bit more pressure.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: Played for the Vikings Seahawks.
Speaker 2: If I'm not.
Speaker 1: Mistaken, I played for the Chargers. You're reunited with Sam, right, So what's what? So how has being reunited with a former coach Because obviously you know this defense and so you've been able to partake some of the wisdom the keys or where need to be, what Zim is looking for in a particular defense. So tell us about somewhat being a coach on the field.
Speaker 22: Yeah, you know, I feel like at first, you know, we're all trying to learn the basics. You know, I mean, obviously I'll have a little bit of a head start, but everybody's learning the basics. You know, we're trying to get the concepts down. They kind of carry over to different coverages. You know, we can run split coverages things like that. But you know, I feel like with Zim's defense is always about, like, you know, the players taking a little bit of ownership too, you know what I mean, we have to be at We're the ones that are quarterbacking and out there, so you know, at some point, you know, we got to be the one making the calls and checks and be confident in when we're doing so. And I feel like, now that's you know, we obviously we're in camp for a month and stuff like that, but now we're transitioning. We're about to play this first game, and I feel like now we're starting to transition into having that confidence where everybody's kind of like, Okay, we're running this now, let's run this now, you know.
Speaker 6: So it's been a lot of fun.
Speaker 22: And you know, obviously we have a different pieces than I had in Minnesota, but you know, the heart of the the heart of the the scheme.
Speaker 2: Is the same. You know.
Speaker 10: Listen, Zim was the defensive coordinator of Cincinnati when I was there, So.
Speaker 9: Zim is really cool.
Speaker 7: He cursed the goddamn lot.
Speaker 9: You curse a lot.
Speaker 10: But what is your expectations, your personal goals for you throughout this season or this upcoming season? Your own personal goals.
Speaker 22: My personal goals is to be, you know, the just the voice that everyone can count on, you know, the just the you know, the constant communicator, you know, be be overdoing my communication to the fact that we're all on the same page. You know, I want to definitely be the anchor right there. But shoot, you know, I just want to just keep stacking these years. I feel like, you know, one hundred plus, you know, three and something.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 22: I don't want to, you know, get too specific. I write them down and everything like that. But you know, I want to win a super Bowl, man, you know, that's what you know. It's it's cliche, but you know my brother won one. I got kind of close, but you know, not really, you know, so I want I want to get it.
Speaker 8: I want to get it going.