Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club. Morning Everybody.
Speaker 1: It's DJ n v J.
Speaker 3: Just hilarious.
Speaker 4: Chelamine the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got some special guests in.
Speaker 1: The building, my girls, Lex p Andre and the Cole.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 1: Great, really good. Happy to be here.
Speaker 2: Happy to see y'all. You'll got the new show Travel Queen. I'm happy to see y'all. Just evolving. Poor Minds podcast is a hit. Poor Minds podcast Evolving. Now y'all got the Travel Queen's TV show on BT. It's a docu series. How'd that come about?
Speaker 5: Also, the production company Cocoa Butter, they actually reached out to us because they wanted us to audition for it because they had us and like I think some other maybe like two or three other friend groups in mind.
Speaker 1: So we auditioned for it.
Speaker 5: They loved us, and then we got it and we started filming maybe like a month after.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then really filmed the whole show in two weeks.
Speaker 2: Coc but I, No, it's actually not.
Speaker 5: It's a white guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So what a travel Queen's about?
Speaker 4: Where y'all going with what y'all doing?
Speaker 1: So we went to four different cities.
Speaker 5: We went to Cardahena, Mexico City, and Key West Charleston. So it's basically really showing, like young black millennials gen zers, especially women, how to travel, where to go eat, where to find other black people when you travel, just how to be safe and.
Speaker 1: Have a good time.
Speaker 5: I think right now, and media I won't say right now, but I feel like a lot of stuff that we're seeing in the media with black women it's like who fighting, throwing drinks in people's face. So I really think it's refreshing to see two black women who are really friends just having good innocent fun.
Speaker 1: We're not talking.
Speaker 5: About men and dating and gender wars and all this stuff.
Speaker 1: It's just good fun.
Speaker 2: What about the ladies that are watching it, like, well, how am I going to be able to fly myself.
Speaker 5: Out grad from there?
Speaker 1: Actually?
Speaker 5: But I will say so a lot of the stuff too, is like it's budget friendly. I mean, we went to Charleston, you know what I'm saying, But you can do it aur on trip. We went to key West, so you can drive to key West, you know what I'm saying. You don't have to necessarily fly. It's not like we're doing extremely expensive things to be honest.
Speaker 1: So I think if you.
Speaker 5: Budget you know, it's not like we're doing luxurious things and going to the Maldives and you know, staying at the Four Seasons. It's very budget friendly stuff. Yeah, and I think that was the point of the show. They wanted to make everybody feel like, Okay, I can come here and I don't have to.
Speaker 1: Spend a lot of money to have a good time.
Speaker 2: So for God was flying.
Speaker 5: I still want to go to those destinations, yeah, but I probably would have some different.
Speaker 1: Beautiful West is one of them.
Speaker 5: A little ducked up, I remember it is.
Speaker 1: That's before I wasn't through out by cocoa butter, but that that's usually the older gentleman. Yes, it's a very like quiet town. You can definitely sneak off there with the old I haven't never been the key waste before. That was my first time it was you know, it was water blue. The water was blue.
Speaker 2: That's a fact took you be confused.
Speaker 6: So I just told them that when the older guys performed filatio, they don't.
Speaker 1: Really know.
Speaker 6: What the congo lings kind of when when they're doing that they say leal lit.
Speaker 1: I guess they they don't have teef anymore.
Speaker 6: You know, they're trying to figure out where it is, especially the ones with glasses, you know when they slip down on the nose and they say, legally they be doing as a glass because a lot of it's gonna get a little nobody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Four Cities y'all went to?
Speaker 2: Which one did you like the best? And why?
Speaker 1: Mexico CD because it was just so nice.
Speaker 5: I feel like, it's so many black expats that are moving there from the United States, so it's a lot of black people out there. We went to a R and B night while we were out there, we went to a black vegan restaurant. It's just it reminded me a lot of the United States, but just in Mexico C.
Speaker 1: I feel like, out of everywhere that we win, that was my favorite place.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna lie. I keep saying that Charleston surprised me too, like that I've never been to Charleston, and I have a really close friend of mine that lives out there and he's been trying to get me to come out there forever.
Speaker 1: And I was like, what is in Charleston? Like, isn't that a dance?
Speaker 5: Like? I was like, I'm not trying, but I was so surprised, like people be taking the nice boats out.
Speaker 1: The food is good.
Speaker 5: I had a ball in Charleston, like I'm actually playing a trip to go back.
Speaker 1: Like beautiful.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Mexico City is nice to Yeah, it's a lot of people moving there. Yeah.
Speaker 1: My husband's family is from there. Really that's why period. Okay, y'all both like to travel already.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, and we already traveled together a lot anyway, so we felt like that's why it was the perfect show for it.
Speaker 4: Y'all get tired of each other at all, Like, you know what, you go your way, I'll go walk my way.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: Wow, we're neighbors.
Speaker 1: We literally live in Atlanta.
Speaker 5: I live in a building right here, and her building is right here, and the unit that I used to live in. She could see my apartment from so she would be like waving me from the pool. No, she I followed her because I started building a building ourself in the move, right next door to my sweetie pool.
Speaker 1: I love that I would. Y'all get tired, sugar. You know what's crazy.
Speaker 5: I think when we were younger and the show first started, we didn't have any direction. We didn't know what we wanted to do. We're going through growing pains, but now it's like she's thirty four, I'm thirty five. We've grown women. Yeah, we don't have anything to fight about. And honestly, I think it's so crazy when people have podcasts and they make so much money and they be arguing. You know what, we have so much fun, like to be able to travel the world with your best friend and have a business.
Speaker 1: It's great, it's fun. How was it when y'all get in relationships?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 1: Ooh?
Speaker 5: I feel like we do a really good job of still keeping the balance of our friendship and still being in a relationship, Like we always find the time to hang with each other, to go to dinner, to talk on the phone. As crazy as it is because the podcast we do talk about dating a lot, we are really not male centered women and a lot of people think that because we talk about dating so much on the show, But we really not like.
Speaker 1: We like to be.
Speaker 5: Like last year we went to Turks for her birthday. We wasn't inviting them. We went to Miami one year for my birthday. Like, we just go on trips by ourself. We're not like, oh, our boyfriends have to come or if we go to dinner. It's not like, oh, bring your man, it's none of that.
Speaker 1: We none of yah.
Speaker 2: Y'all still bowed up.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: You know now you're not in a rocky place. We gonna see what happens.
Speaker 5: It's complicated, yeah, which is crazy, right because I feel like it happened simultaneously, like at the same time for both of us. We started kind of going through a transition and a break up at the same time.
Speaker 1: But it's not like in the bad space. No, yeesh, it's not like we're cool. It's cool.
Speaker 5: We're figuring it out type sua suck each other up like girl leaving, I'm gonna leavehim if you leave him, or if.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. You know what's crazy.
Speaker 5: No, I'm really like that friend where when she calls me and she talks to me about what's going on in her relationship and stuff, I'm just always.
Speaker 1: Like, okay, girl, well you know, do what you want to do.
Speaker 5: I try to be supporting of what she want to do as long as it's not a fly violent situation or something that you need to leave the abusive or anything like that.
Speaker 1: I try to be supportive of my friends. And I get it. When you love somebody, you want to stay with your man. It's hard all here, y'all.
Speaker 5: All men, y'all all married, y'all got y'all.
Speaker 3: No, And I don't know why.
Speaker 2: He was just in love last year.
Speaker 1: I still ever loved. I'm very much in love. Like I said, it's just a situation. We're figuring it out.
Speaker 5: I don't, you know, but I think we're both so focused on our careers right now. And I know it sounds so cliche, but I'm just a person. He's an amazing guy. If we're meant to be together, we're gonna be together. So I'm just not putting pressure on it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So it's cool. We're gonna figure it out.
Speaker 2: You know what have y'all learned about y'allselves from doing the podcasting? The podcast first of one, No longer than that.
Speaker 1: We started doing Poor Minds when I was like twenty seven, so yeah.
Speaker 2: Seven years yeah, seven years now, Okay, So y'all at that, See is people don't realize this is at the point, this is the time when podcasts really start to take off. Round your seventh fifure everybody think it's just instant success. Yeah, round your seven fifth years. So what have y'all learned about yourselves?
Speaker 1: For me?
Speaker 5: I would say transparency and vulnerability is healing. When I first started doing the show, I think that I always have kind of had more of a closed off personality. I've always been a little bit more private than like She's always been like an open book on the show. And I never used to want to talk about things that I was going through because I felt like it was a sign of weakness.
Speaker 1: And I've just always had this thing where.
Speaker 5: I don't want people to look at me like, you know, I'm weak or whatever. So I think that now I'm in a space where I enjoy telling my story. I enjoy telling people the things that I'm going through because I feel like it can help other people get through this through similar things or you know, just being transparent to me is just very important at this point in my life life because I don't know, I just I don't want to get emotional.
Speaker 1: I don't want to get emotional a little bit.
Speaker 5: But like I lost my dad and it was something that was thank you, It was something that was really really hard for me to talk about on the show, But I wish that back then I had the same mindset because I feel like I was dealing with so much by myself, and when I started talking about it on the show, it was just so many people in such an outpouring of love, people saying I've been through the same thing. I can understand where you're coming from. So that's what I've learned over the years about myself. I think that I really enjoy now telling people what I'm going through instead of just feeling like I have to go through everything by myself. I think with me, I'm such like a loud personality, and I think a lot of times I would try to hide that from people, and I just embrace who I am, Like I'm not the sexy girl that's doing all this, Like I'm a tomboy. I like to be loud, have fun. So I really got confidence about myself because I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, this is who I am.
Speaker 5: I think for when I first started, like being on social media, I was like doing the bikini pigs and poles and bottle pull I'm like, girl, this is not you at all. So I've really been able to embrace myself and be like, you know what you'd allow homegirl, and that's okay, Like you don't have to fit into.
Speaker 1: This box of what you think that a woman is.
Speaker 5: Supposed to because people always love to say, because I know you hear this a lot, they'd be like, oh, funny women aren't pretty, or you have to either you funny or you're pretty.
Speaker 1: You can't be both, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So I feel like I used to try to lean into being the pretty girl, and then I would try to lean.
Speaker 1: To be the funny girl. And I'm like, you know what, I don't have to be in anybody's box. Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: So you've always been sexy, you just don't give off sex like you said, like you're just not prissy, You're just yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, we talked about this on the show.
Speaker 5: There's a difference between like having sex appeal and like being attracted.
Speaker 1: Like Drea just is like sexy, you know what I'm saying. She's walking around she's like, hey, oh you know yeah, Like I said, I just think, like being said.
Speaker 5: Really much, sex appeal is something that's just inside yes, and I just think like that's not a part of my personality.
Speaker 1: But that's okay. It's not. I'm not saying I'm unattractive. I'm a patty uncle. You feel me, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So I just think that I've been more comfortable, like being in my skin and who I am.
Speaker 1: For sure, growing out loud is hard yees, you know.
Speaker 2: And that's what you'll been doing the last seven years on that podcast.
Speaker 5: Like going through everything like she said we she lost her dad, I lost my mom, going through breakups and then it's like, you know, we'd be like, oh, we in love and then the next month were talking about a different doing and every like oh my dad doing the same thing about you, you know, and people not in your business. So I think, yeah, going through relationships and growing pains. And I've always been honest about my financial status too, because I always said when I'm it was Atlanta, i had three dollars because I did like I wasn't lying. So I think it's important to be transparent, especially as a black woman in this industry. I feel like we always try to hide what we're making because I'm like, oh, this company signed up for your ass. How much they paying you? Because it's how much they paying us. Let's make sure that they not, you know what I'm saying. So I think that with the platform that we have, it's like, yeah, we've grown in front of the camera. But like she said, being open and vulnerable has helped us one thousand percent.
Speaker 2: So what have y'all learned about y'allself from doing the TV show?
Speaker 1: Mmm?
Speaker 5: Honestly, I feel like everybody always asked that because they're like, oh my gosh, how was it?
Speaker 1: It was two weeks, But I'm like, I don't know nothing. I guess to.
Speaker 5: Be honest, Well, I mean because it's crazy because I thought it was gonna feel so different, but it felt so natural, Like I feel like we made for TV because it felt so natural. It kind of felt like and maybe because we did it together and we're best friends and we already have that chemistry and the camaraderie and stuff, it just felt thank you camaraderie.
Speaker 1: So it just felt.
Speaker 5: Like I'm doing this show with my homegirl, and the cameras just happened to be here.
Speaker 2: How many bags did y'all pack?
Speaker 1: We too?
Speaker 5: Right, No, we had that when we had one big suitcase and like our totes and stuff and then a carry on.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So what we did though, is so we had the the bags from Amazon that you vacuum. So what we did is we had each bag for each city. So I had like my three outfits for Columbia and my vacuum. Back then I didn't have to open that bag no more. Then when we went to Charleton, I had my bag for Charuton. So it wasn't that bad. But I will say shout out to the producers at BT, James Knox and the Cocoa Butter family, because they.
Speaker 1: Really let us be ourselves.
Speaker 5: Like they were literally like press record, y'all, just do y'all. And that's another thing I was worried about. I was like, how are they going to edit this and make us look But it's definitely given lex p Andre and the call.
Speaker 1: You know what's really fun time.
Speaker 5: So that was my second time going to Columbia, my first time going to card Diana because.
Speaker 2: The first Columbia country you said, I was in Combia.
Speaker 5: You are.
Speaker 1: Sure white. I am weak, so yeah, but I mean funny enough.
Speaker 5: I think that's what people think of though when you think to Columbia, you think of the cartel and stuff, because like I said, I went to Medayane a few years ago to get my teeth done. And I was scared to leave from the area where my hotel.
Speaker 2: Was and where my doctor.
Speaker 1: Crazy.
Speaker 5: I mean, I was just nervous to travel around because that's what you hear about Columbia. So when we went to Cardina, I had a really really good time. And then especially with us going to Polink, which is the first free black city in the Americas, it was just so you know that it's Afro Latinos in a lot of these countries. But when I say when we were in Polenk, we felt like we were somewhere in Ghana and Nigeria, like these people look like our cousins, our family members. It was just amazing being there and being submerged in the culture.
Speaker 2: Do you go away to Columbia get your tees.
Speaker 5: Then, because it was shaper, I think here was like thirty thousand. You know, I'm getting a little miney.
Speaker 1: But to say get him done here.
Speaker 6: They're just all the same size, like the extra largest for the mediums or they.
Speaker 5: Got the front, they get front teeth for the whole.
Speaker 1: When they get the top done and don't get the bottom of the and it's like.
Speaker 5: You to get the texture, like I think that's why my teeth looks so natural because he made like the texture.
Speaker 4: And how the men treat you when they see y'all from outside of which we are usually outside of Atlanta.
Speaker 1: What do you mean? What do you mean?
Speaker 4: Because Atlanta, you know, they see beautiful women. Sometimes they might not see that in Colombia, like like.
Speaker 2: DJ he said, Columbia got ugly women. If you said, you know, like usually.
Speaker 4: When you go out the country and they see American women, they treat American women differently because they don't usually see American women like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, honestly, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 5: I feel like whenever we go anywhere, I really can't tell the difference because I feel like everywhere we go we kind of draw Attenson. I know that sounds bad, but it's like everywhere we go we're used to people like we're like, oh my god, I know y'all from the pod saying hey. And then when we were in Colombia, it's a little different because we had cameras around us, so of course people are like looking and saying stuff and being so it's kind of hard to tell the difference between, you know, people how they treat us outside of Atlanta versus anywhere, because I feel like everywhere we go now people kind of recognize us. So it's not really like we're getting treated differently per se, if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: When you said.
Speaker 6: They you were scared of how they were gonna edit y'all and make y'all look.
Speaker 1: Were y'all allowed to be in the room.
Speaker 6: During the enterprocess, So you just like the y'all trusted them, and you just like the way they ended up editing the episode.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we didn't know anything, girl, We've seen everything. When everybody else seen, you didn't know how they were were still watching. We was on the plane last night watching the episode the first time.
Speaker 1: So are y'all nervous for every episode that? You know what? Well, I'm not nervous now. I was nervous of.
Speaker 5: How my body was gonna look because I just lost thirty pounds okay, thank you, Okay, So I when we shot, I weighed like two o five.
Speaker 1: So I was so nervous.
Speaker 5: I kept saying, oh my gosh, I hope cause I have like a little belly on me.
Speaker 1: So whenever I gave weight.
Speaker 5: Like people always tend to think I'm pregnant, they be like, let's pregnant, I'm like, oh my god, can I just have a little shot at tequila?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I had a little you know.
Speaker 5: So I was really more so nervous about my body after I saw the first episode.
Speaker 1: But I was like, okay, body team.
Speaker 2: Columbia pure coke.
Speaker 1: You say what? Oh no, Honestly, I used to be a girl. I used to do everything under the sun.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: The first time I went to Columbia for my bbah. So y'all talking about y'all know Columbia for the coke. I know, Colombia for them good doctors. But I just did a natural this time. I was doing a lot of cardio, eating healthy. You know, I feel like and I feel better now. I think I'm getting older and I'm just all the I'm not dissing people who do take other routes, but I just had to do it for it wasn't the ompic. I don't like needles.
Speaker 1: I couldn't do that to myself. But no, no ospic.
Speaker 2: I do want to say to you, talk about walking in the room, There's something different about Houston women. Houston women have a presence about them that stands out a lot more than a lot of other women.
Speaker 5: I think it's the side, really the side usually taller tall were not originally from Houston.
Speaker 1: I'm from Orange, Texas.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, I agree with that. I think we do have a certain or we kind of command the room.
Speaker 1: You know, we walk in. We're very friendly.
Speaker 5: So it's especially when we walk in some rooms with people like from New York, they're not used to people speaking.
Speaker 1: We like hospitality. It's very huge.
Speaker 5: As far as some hours, yeah, it's like two hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What's something about your friendship that y'all think the TV show made stronger? If anything, I.
Speaker 1: Think that we realized how strong we are together and.
Speaker 5: How many I feel like, how many doors that we're opening, even though I think and I know people.
Speaker 1: Gonna be like, what doors you open?
Speaker 5: Honestly, podcasting, especially in the South, it's not a lot of podcasts in the South really, right, And the fact that there has been podcasters out there that have gotten TV shows, but it's mostly TV shows that are based on their podcast. The fact that Travel Queens has nothing to do with poor minds, and we're showing our talents, like we have communication degrees, like we went to school for this. So I think a lot of times people don't take influencers or people who started on the internet.
Speaker 1: Seriously, you started on the internet as well.
Speaker 5: So a lot of times we get so much backlash because they're like, uh, y'all just the girls who grabbed the mic and start a YouTube channel. But I think being on this show it shows like, no, we we got some tricks up our sleeve, you know what I'm saying. So I think that it made our friendship stronger because I'm like, bro, look at what we have done, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Even from the first time when we came on Breakfast Club, I was like, oh my gosh, like this is huge, you know what I'm saying. So I think this is just like we realized how strong we are together and how much more that we have to do.
Speaker 2: And don't speak past the fact y'all got communications degree.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I know.
Speaker 5: I think people always forget that because we never highlighted that much. But yeah, graduated from Texas Southern and I graduated from Stephen F.
Speaker 1: Austin.
Speaker 2: What y'all want to do?
Speaker 1: Y'all?
Speaker 2: In college, I just wanted to be like on TV news anchors.
Speaker 5: Or you know, I didn't really know what I wanted to do to be honest, I knew I wanted to do something in media, and then when I graduated, I had a little fake internship at ninety seven nine buck shout out to Kiyati.
Speaker 1: He's still.
Speaker 5: Yatis, still on the radio in Houston right now, and I had a little fake internship with him. I shadowed him for maybe like two months, and then I realized I didn't really like radio. So then I didn't know what I wanted to do, and so I moved to Atlanta. Of course, y'all know, Lex ended up moving out here. One of her friends who was also already into podcast and was like, y'all need to turn y'all YouTube channel into a podcast. And I feel like that's when I found my niche. I was like, okay, I'm supposed to be podcasting, but prior to that, I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I thought I was gonna do like hard news.
Speaker 5: I was like, I'm gonna be out roke up, I'm gonna be reporting everything.
Speaker 1: It's gonna great. I'm doing everything, like y'all don't understand. I'm gonna be on America bitch.
Speaker 5: I was trying to do everything, but like I took an internship in my uh my school radio station and we were just reporting on hard news every morning.
Speaker 1: It was so sad, and I was like, I cannot do.
Speaker 5: This, Like we're having to interview people who just lost their house and a fire like all this stuff.
Speaker 1: And I was like, Okay, maybe I need to redirect.
Speaker 5: And so I've always been into entertainment news Like I grew up, you know, watching news.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. The kids was watching Coco, Mela and Rugrass. I was watching news.
Speaker 5: So I was like, okay, let me do something in the entertainment world like that might be, you know, more of my speed. So I knew I want to do something on TV and media, but I just wasn't sure. So podcasting kind of made it easy because I was applying for all the jobs in Houston and I just couldn't get my foot in the door.
Speaker 1: So I was like, well, let me just create our own lane and do our thing.
Speaker 2: How'd yall connect with eighty five South?
Speaker 1: It was because of Carlos.
Speaker 5: So Carlos always followed us on Twitter and we were cool with him on Twitter, and I think I shot my shot and I was just like, oh, can you come record Poor Minds with us? And At this time, we weren't even recording in the studio yet. We were still recording in the living room at my house, and he pulled up on us, sat on the floor in my living room and recorded Poor Minds with us, and then I think ever since then he was just kind of watching us, and then he saw how the show kept growing and elevating, and then a few years later he ended up asking us to come on eighty five South. We went on eighty five South. I think that episode did a million views in like five days or something. So we ended up the episode like a million views in five days. And then he introduced us to Chad and he was like, I think you know we want.
Speaker 1: To sign y'all.
Speaker 4: I still have a question, Uh some advice. I have a single friend. Uh she has a closet full of wigs, curly.
Speaker 2: Terrible wigs.
Speaker 1: Oh you know who the friend is?
Speaker 2: I do sadly.
Speaker 4: She has a bunch of wigs curly, one day is straight, different colors. She's she's funny, she's smart, she switches up her wigs like like a Netflix series. But when it comes to dating, she doesn't seem like she can.
Speaker 1: Find the right guy.
Speaker 4: She doesn't know, if guys get intimidated or if they just confused, how would you suggest she meets somebody to secure a relationship because time is running out?
Speaker 1: And saw her wigs? But why did you include the stuff about the wigs? You think the wig might be the reason why she can't find the men.
Speaker 2: I mean, think about it, just thinks that. I'm sure that y'all felt like y'all had to change about yourselves a little bit and it probably made them, you know, debate a little stronger for the fist.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, you know what kind of men are she is she trying to date? Because you know they say they like bad weeds, the white They love a crunching, a crunches steal. I could not keep the Brett's off of me. They do. But I will say this, we were actually just having this conversation.
Speaker 1: We was literally just talking about this.
Speaker 5: They do. They have that same hardwig soft life.
Speaker 3: Maybe a different pool.
Speaker 1: She's in the wrong pool.
Speaker 5: She might be in the wrong pool one, But I will say we were just telling our producer this, and I was saying, like, when you get your look together and you feel confident in yourself, it doesn't even matter, Like whatever makes you feel good, You're gonna attract the right person. I enjoy being polished. I used to have a stiff wig or two.
Speaker 1: You got one of them? She does, she does, but I called her.
Speaker 5: I said, well, she wins her first EM. I'm gonna put it on eBay and you don't got the pony Collectors item and it still has the scruencheet on.
Speaker 1: It and everything. It's in a ponytail.
Speaker 2: Who do you think lies? More women with bad wigs are men with podcasts.
Speaker 1: Me and with with podcasts hands down. Oh my god. The girl with a stiff wig a bad week? You living in your truth?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Agree for the two weeks that we we didn't.
Speaker 5: Me and Lex honestly really get along most of the time. We never really argue again if we do, because I feel like we can. We're at a point now in our relationship where we can since when the other person low key's hired to like, but it be over silly stuff like drag be running late sometimes and like she'll getting the ober and I'll just be on my phone, like.
Speaker 1: You don't even speak girl, you are late, bring your ass.
Speaker 5: So it'd be silly stuff like that, but we just don't it don't be nothing like that serious.
Speaker 1: Like I said, life is good. What do we have to be mad about?
Speaker 2: Its great to go back to this wakship for one, I won't have to over the phones at some point. But I don't believe that I've never heard the white men like you.
Speaker 1: And you said hard Yeah, who told you this? I lived it lived. I'm serious.
Speaker 5: If you go look on TikTok right now and type Hardwig soft life, you're gonna see nothing but interracial couples.
Speaker 2: So why didn't you stick with the white man?
Speaker 1: Because I wanted a man. I wanted a hard life with a hard man.
Speaker 5: With my.
Speaker 1: Struggle. She wanted to struggle with the raw.
Speaker 2: The doctor Lamar influenced you. The dump that white man.
Speaker 1: You know what people hate when I say this, I love doctor. It's no funny.
Speaker 5: First of all, exciting me. They're talking about me, talking about I got a bad we can't find a man talking about it's brooch.
Speaker 1: He's so nice to meet you.
Speaker 2: He looks beautiful boy, hard Wig Will Halloween, what what did you talking about?
Speaker 1: Talking about you? Hear talking about her in that sac. First of all, the sad thing that will normally comes from over here.
Speaker 5: But you were your sad song all over there, spinning around looking at me.
Speaker 1: Nobody was talking about come in here and let you know. So it's somebody. We walk.
Speaker 5: Right nice and I love the show. I think y'all look so pretty on the show. I've watched all three episodes. Why you kept turning around to me? We got cameras all in the studio. We're gonna run the tad. Oh my god, that's stiff.
Speaker 1: Next talk my heart. We din't talking about that hard die that's dried over there? All right, get I'll talk to you all ladies show. Okay, Yeah, I think your wig is beautiful to I like it. I love the ball.
Speaker 3: So many.
Speaker 2: Listen, how do you'll protect y'all mental health? While still?
Speaker 1: How do y'all protection my heart, my head and other people? And we keeping my hard wigs to protect me? No ct over here, I was Protectingsparens and on TV?
Speaker 2: How do y'all protect y'all at though?
Speaker 5: I praize, I have a great relationship with God. I prayalize, I also go to therapy. I think it's so important to go to therapy, and I don't know why in the black community so many people don't want to try it out, are afraid to.
Speaker 1: Try it out?
Speaker 5: Like it has completely changed my life, especially when I was grieving when I lost my dad. That's when I started therapy and I've been going ever since. It's been about five years now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the same. I go to therapy. I recently started going. I go to church every Sunday. I do not play.
Speaker 5: I've worked on my relationship with God, and honestly, I really have a tight, close knit circle, like my friends and my family, like me and my sister are extremely close, and I feel like that's important. Like when I have my bad days and I'm just like, my best friend is here with me, killer, I'm like, you need to come to Atlanta, like I'm not doing too well, and she will literally hop on a plane and come see me. And you know, because we all have our moments, even with Drave me and my neighbor, I'm like, I had a breakdown last week and I called her.
Speaker 1: I was like, bro, I'm finna lose my mind.
Speaker 5: So I think it's very important to have people around you that you know, when I'm down, they can pick me up.
Speaker 1: And vice versa.
Speaker 2: So you had a grief counselor or you're just just a therapy.
Speaker 1: But I mean she did specialize in grief, so yeah, and that helped.
Speaker 5: It helps me a lot for sure, because I mean, I will talk to my mom about it, but it was hard talking to my mom about.
Speaker 1: It because she was also grieving as well.
Speaker 5: And it was just nice to have somebody who was unbiased, who I could let all my feelings out and let them know how I was feeling. Because at the time, you know, Lex hadn't lost her mom yet, so I didn't have any friends that had lost the parents, so it wasn't anybody that I could talk to that I felt like could relate to what I.
Speaker 1: Was going through.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, condolences man. And when you are going through those breakdowns, like you said, you hit dred, what you pull over the bottle or something, some smoke, what you'll do?
Speaker 1: I always got about it, not some smoke, And I think either about to go out to make yourself feel better.
Speaker 5: No, But honestly, you know what, I don't even think we do that anymore. We used to, but now we really just talk like we drink through our problems.
Speaker 1: But we really don't do that anymore.
Speaker 5: We really just talk it out and you know, just give each other time and just be there for each other, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, Yeah, And one thing I've learned is just like I've learned so much patience. I have so much peace in that because it doesn't rain forever. So every time I'm going through something, I'm just like, just let it pass, and it always always passes.
Speaker 1: So I think we we we we still get turned on the wine though.
Speaker 5: Yeah we don't drink now, but we don't use it as a crutch anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was gonna ask you how do y'all balance like turning up for the show because you still got to perform, right because it's a TV show, but then being present for the moments that you're experiencing, like those cultural you know what's crazy.
Speaker 1: We didn't really drink that much the whole time that we were filming.
Speaker 5: Like, we had a few scenes, like we had a mexcal scene, so of course we were drinking during that scene. I think the Drag show, Yeah, we were drinking a little bit, and then we had some mohitos, But honestly, those were the only three times throughout the whole time we were filming that we were drinking because we really wanted to stay present in the moment because one thing about this we're gonna take it to the moon, We're gonna take it too far.
Speaker 1: So it's missed to just not have no drinks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And it's crazy because the mescal scene that we did that showed in Mexico City last night. That was actually the last scene that we did for the entire show, and that was probably the most like lit that we got because we were drinking so much. But I think it's very different from Poor Minds. But honestly, we stopped drinking a lot on Poor Minds, Yeah, because it was like some cringy episodes and we just like, oh my god, it was the Houston Live showed. It was so embarrassing because we recorded the show and then we went back and watched it when we got back to Atlanta, and it was just so cringey. We was on stage like yeah, Lex, let's turn up, and were bringing our friends on stage and just drunk, taking shots, twerking.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It was a miss one of my favorite shows. Y'all came out and y'all was just dancing and was in the zone.
Speaker 5: Not that one you're that was Houston. But that was like our second Houston show. You we have the freaking outfits on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a good show. We have put ourselves on a drink minimum. We have a two shot.
Speaker 5: Minimum before we go on stage, and then we'll have like a drink on stage, but we have one drink go on stage and that's it. Once we're done with that drink, you're done. Yeah that first Houston show, we drunk that whole bottle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we was.
Speaker 1: We was turning. I'm always not always a little nervous, always trying to turn up. I didn't realize I was getting so drunk.
Speaker 2: With the long term vision for the show, more.
Speaker 5: Seasons, Yeah, if we're hoping it's gonna get picked up for a second season, I think we should probably know that within like the next two weeks or so. So obviously we wanted to get picked up. And as far as Poor Minds, we want Poor Minds to get picked up as a TV show as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's on our bucket least.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for sure, I think, like with Travel Queens, I definitely wanted to be a lot more seasons. I feel like we should do like a whole season, like in Africa, A whole season in Europe. So that's what we're holding that'll that it'll grow to. And you know, same thing with Poor Minds. I can see Poor Minds living on like you know, maybe like a streaming app or something that you know, outside of YouTube. I think we're ready to make that transition with Poor Minds as well. And yeah, yeah for sure, and more hosting opportunities for the both of us and individually. She still has her cosmetics line that's doing really well, so her just growing in the beauty industry. I have started my YouTube channel love Lexp, so I'm just doing like hot topics show reviews because that's the line.
Speaker 1: I want to get into more hosting as well. So yeah, we just have so much stuff to do.
Speaker 5: And I feel like now that we've that step into TV, it's like, you know, people can actually see what we can do now, you know.
Speaker 1: I was already on the shop Music Beauty Collection dot com.
Speaker 5: Make sure you get your lip glosses, Matt Liqui lipsticks, lip liners. I also just branched into other cosmetics products, so now I have some jelly blushes, I have Mescira and eyeliner.
Speaker 1: Us Beauty Collection dot Com.
Speaker 4: We'll check out Travel Queens on b E T Y.
Speaker 2: Thank you for joining us, Subscribe to the Poor podcast, Big love for Lex p Andre and the.
Speaker 4: It's the Breakfast Club, Good morning, wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club