Speaker 1: On today's episode the Command Center Podcast, we discussed we talk about did we land on the Moon with Santana Moss. I give you his thoughts on that. We talked about Sam HALLI traded to Seattle, Adam Peters, wheeling and dealing, getting good value there, free agency, Frenzy, we got Marcus muriol A, Keelian Fayler, Dante Fowler, Junior, Jeremy Chin. The list goes on and on building this team, and we got would you rather trade back or not to trade back? That is the question you ain't first, He lays, welcome on into the Command Center Podcast. I'm Logan Paulson here with Fred Smoot and Santana Moss and Tanna. When my dad texted me to tell you something about the moon, but I can't find it in my phone.
Speaker 2: I want to see the dirt.
Speaker 1: You want to see the dirt.
Speaker 2: I want to see it, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah. For those of you who don't know, we did a segment where Tanna pretended to pretend to be a draft got a question about the moon. He said he's not sure if the moon is real or space.
Speaker 3: No, I know space is there? Yeah, I wasn't. I said, I don't I'm not a believer. Lan didn't move.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, and it was kind of a bit And if you want to check that out, it's on the Command Center show. So I checked that out on YouTube. But my dad made my dad made a comment about it. So in honor of my dad's comments, I wore this shirt today, which is the moon.
Speaker 4: And you know what, I would have never thought that, you know, bringing as your dady is and he had asketronaut and all the stuff heat.
Speaker 5: Indeed, how did he feel just having you?
Speaker 1: That's a great question. So it's funny because like in my family, I got like a bunch of like really smart people like my you.
Speaker 2: A football player?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I'm like yeah, So I go to like family dinners and my uncle's a lawyer, my dad's an aerospace engineers not my grandpa was a doctor, my my other grandfather was an architect.
Speaker 5: All of them. You made it to the lead.
Speaker 1: And so like what does it mean to play football?
Speaker 2: You know, you're like, Okay, hey, that's big man. Should be proud.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like that bitch when you come into keys, come to dumb me at the family.
Speaker 5: I only went to u c l A.
Speaker 1: It's a public school.
Speaker 5: You're probably only public school.
Speaker 2: The family.
Speaker 5: To my god, you feel you know.
Speaker 1: So that's that's all I said.
Speaker 2: I don't listen to Bro, don't listen to Fred. Oh my god, we're trying to be little. I don't I get what he's saying.
Speaker 3: He's saying when you look at those those different you know, qualifications they have.
Speaker 1: That's a big deal.
Speaker 5: You football, Yeah, going to what you're you but.
Speaker 2: You're right, and they're standing up here.
Speaker 4: If I was just governor and he's like, yeah, I play, I played for Washington, you're the dump try man.
Speaker 5: That's terrible.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, my god. Just surminder were brought to you by Beth through sixty five at Bet three six five. We don't do order with every sports we epic. Right now, new customers can choose between two offers when they oput account of bat three six five U s a QR code to sign up to Pause ten and choose between either first bet safety and offer by place thing about up to one thousand and if you're qualifying. Bet loses, you receive a match refund in bonus bets or betting. Get offer in place a bet of five dollars, you more and get one hundred and fifteen bonus bets, whatever the sport, whatever the moment, it's never ordinate. I bet three sixty five Official sports betting partner of the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 4: Must be twenty one plusant physically located in Virginia. Please gamble responsibly. If you are someone you know has a gambling problem, please call one eight hundred gambler.
Speaker 1: All right, so let's get to it. Lots of moves for Washington, lots of quarterback moves. Specifically, what year was this draft? What year was samehollow draft? Two years ago?
Speaker 5: Two years ago?
Speaker 1: So it's twenty twenty one, right, So of those guys, only one guy is really on the same team. There are no it is a rock party.
Speaker 5: Party, and.
Speaker 2: I think it was Trevor Lawrence one.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, you're thinking of Justin.
Speaker 4: This is this is Dan, Sam Half, Jenny Pickett, Knty Picket. All these guys are gone, Brock, Matt Carrel.
Speaker 3: I was thinking about that twenty twenty one draft. We were just talking about all those quarterbacks being traded.
Speaker 1: So samhow obviously traded to Seattle, YEP for a fourth round pick, a Herd third round pick, Great desbt Reater, traded to the Cardinals for Rondell Moore. Never play a game, Jenny Pickett and so and the number four and their fourth pick one twenty to the Eagles for what I don't eve understand. I read this ninety eight and two seventh and two picks in twenty twenty five. Yeah, I do it again, read it, Jason, I don't got it. I don't have the juice for.
Speaker 6: That, all right, can you pick it? And a fourth which.
Speaker 1: Was the so they sent that right, was.
Speaker 6: Sent to the Eagles for the Eagles second that's the ninety eighth pick, and then two twenty five seventh round picks.
Speaker 1: The second is one is ninety eight.
Speaker 6: Their second rounder is ninety eight. Yeah, that doesn't make sense, any sense. It could have been a typo, it could have been.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So yeah, let's google. Let's get that fact check real quick. So, just talking through that, obviously not a lot of value necessarily for these players. I think Sam has the most value. Fred, you were talking about justin fields too, and I think even it's interesting that Sam's trade value was more than justin fields. So obviously team's value, but what does that say about Hey, the quarterback evaluation and kind of the NFL is.
Speaker 4: Like stocks by low say a hat we we bom we sold him hat. And and one thing about the Chicago because of their word each uh, they're stop depleted.
Speaker 1: You were talking about this earlier on the Ticket of the Draft podcast. You can also check that out. Fred does a great job there analyzing that on the on our podcast. But kind of go to that a little bit.
Speaker 4: I just felt like the thing about it is because Ryan Poles came out and see it.
Speaker 5: Once he said that we are going to.
Speaker 4: Trade, he automatically dropped the stock you can get like you want. Like if I really wanted to get the highest drail pick I could for him. I either had to trade him early. I got to trade him late. I can't trade him in between, though, Like think about.
Speaker 1: This, like before the announced you're saying yes before the announcement.
Speaker 4: I either wait till the season start because every year we watch out the week one somebody quarterback is hurt. And now I can literally say, give me a second rounder for this guy, you.
Speaker 5: Know, because now you at my mercy.
Speaker 4: So I thought what Chicago did was self sabotage themselves by talking too much. Right, A lot of people would have traded for Justin Fields before free agency started. But once you let free agency start and you let Russell Wilson side, and then the domino start to fall, you're not left with enough suitors.
Speaker 5: Now you better against yourself.
Speaker 3: Or or It's like if you ever watched the like that's the CNBC when they're talking about stock market, got the guy Kramer who everyone hates. Yeah, and as soon as he says a stock is good, high depletes and it's like, oh my god. I feel like Justin Field had some of that effect. I means, soon as they got on him and started talking about where his value should be at, you start, you know, fading away, and then before you know it, they got to dump him.
Speaker 2: I mean everyone knew that he was going to have to go somewhere.
Speaker 3: I mean you almost we was almost one hundred percent sure that Chicago was not going to get missed out on that chance of getting Caleb Williams or whoever they had maybe been in that spot. So I feel like the should have just got rid of him way ahead of time than sitting there waiting and hold it on to him, you know what I mean. So I don't know, I mean I still feel that he's in a pretty good spot. I feel like now he's in a better spot than because now you have a team that can win and they might you know, I can't say, Mike, I think that staff, especially the new you know or oc, he's going to allow him to be yourself. Arthur Smith style of offense is going to allow him to be itself. So it's gonna be interested in watching him and rust over there. But he's in a great spot.
Speaker 5: You not so much like the spot, So.
Speaker 1: No, I think I liked the spot for Justin Fields. I was a little confused about what the goal was for Pittsburgh, but after we talked through it on the Ticket to the Draft podcast, it became a little more clear to me. Like I'm like, what's the value because you're going to lose him, Like he's going to hit free agency, right and so like he's going to get out of the building. But like you were saying, you have kind of a year trial period to kind of say this is what he does well, he can work with Arthur Smith, and we had to have that inside track, you know. We talked about the draft a lot, obviously, and one of the things that's hard is you don't know how the guy is going to fit in your culture, and so here you get him for a six round pick, a guy with a lot of talent, a lot of potential to kind of see that road map. And for me, I thought it was kind of silly initially before we started talking, because I was like, man, you just kind of threw away this pick. He's going to leave next year. But that's not necessarily true. You could work the Jordan love thing, work an extension instead of signing his fifth year option, and maybe have a guy long term and Arthur Smith offense. That's that kind of could potentially work for him.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: We talked a little bit about how that system in terms of throwing over the middle of the field, it isn't always right.
Speaker 2: For him, but they evolved.
Speaker 1: But that's what I'm saying, if he's been in the system for a year, maybe you get there, you feel good about it. But the thing I wanted to bring up is do you think I thought when Kenny Pickett went for what he did, which is essentially they the Pittsburgh gave up a fourth and Kenny Pickett, yeah for a third and two sevenths in twenty twenty five, which is basically like a pick swap that that kind of set the quarterback value, you know what I'm saying, That kind of set the market. So once that happened, it became abundantly clear that there was no second round pick for Justin Fields. There was no third round pick for Justin Fields, like it was gonna be some type of pick swap.
Speaker 5: Plains West.
Speaker 4: Sam how Get gets the third with a pick swap, like nobody would have seen it two years ago.
Speaker 5: At all these quarterbacks, Sam Howe would have been the best.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's the other thing that we talked about this two ten. I like to get your thoughts on it. And you know, Fred, we talked about this already. Your price point with Sam is controlled I think for two more years, right, Unlike Justin who was a free agent, knowing that he this year, he has a little more runway, right, And I think that's probably a big factor in That's.
Speaker 3: A big factor. And then also you're looking at what you're getting. You're getting a guy that's young, that just gave you a full year and showed you that thousand yards that that you kind of like unsure where his his sibling, you know what I mean, Like like if you look at the one part of that season last year, you're like, oh, man, he had something, and then the late part of the scene like did he hit a wall?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Or did they just leave him out there to you know, hang him out of the dry.
Speaker 3: So any team should have went at, you know, saying that, man, we bringing a guy in that potentially could start this year. But if anything, is gonna be a great backup.
Speaker 4: At the least, he's a the twenty ninth started in the NFL. Like he's he's a starting quarterback in the NFL, and I think he's just gonna fill in it old that hassle.
Speaker 5: Back slot over his body. Bill reminds me.
Speaker 4: Of has to back everything and I can see him just stepping in and that being his team for the next ten years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you know, there's a lot of people that say, oh, well, Sam to develop him here, it would have been a nice opportunity. But I also think uh Of Peters deserves a shout out too for identifying that trade value. And in the draft that's you know, top heavy in terms of you know, the top ninety players. Adding another pick there and again in a situation where we talked about Minnesota and ticket to the draft where they could trade up, potentially having another pick there. We could kind of sweeten the deal or make it thing, so I said, and Fred, you've talked about this, taking a guy that you got for a fifth round pick and then getting a third round pick in return. That is that's that's good business, edits.
Speaker 3: That's when I'm saying, like, that's the first thing that stood out to me. I'm like, hey, you know one he getting we trade it down. But I'm like, man, did you see what we just did with that trade? This man was a fifth round pick for we just got third in a draft. That man, you never know what we can do with that third pick or the other picks in front of him, you know what I mean. So we just put ourselven situation where we got money, we got caves, we got capital, we got liquid. We we can do whatever we want. You want, you need something, all right?
Speaker 2: Come on?
Speaker 1: You feel like you know it's it's a great point. So awesome job identifying that, and I think, you know, I think it's also a testament to Sam to a certain extent. Right, Yeah, like plenty you pointed this out, like he played well for he looked like. Remember I remember sitting on this show and talking about man, if he can continue this for another four or five games.
Speaker 2: He's the He's the He was leading the league in yards at one point. Yes, you know, I mean one guy.
Speaker 1: Throws the whole crazy, So I mean obviously very in talent, and hopefully that works out for him and hopefully works out for the Commanders. Yeah, but just a minder. We're about to buy Bet three sixty five. At bet three sixty five, we don't do ordinary. We believe every sport should be upic right now. New customers can choose between two offers when they open an account at bet three sixty five. Use the QR code to sign up deposit ten and choose between either. First bet safety net offer by placing about up to one thousand, and if you're qualifying bet loses, you receive a match refunded bonus bets or betting get offer in place a bet of five dollars or more and get one hundred and fiftyen bonus bets. Whatever the sport, whatever the moment, it's never ordinated. Bet three sixty five, official sports betting partner of the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 3: Must be twenty one and older or physically located and or please gamble responsibly if you are someone you know needs help. I have the problem gambling and needs help. That's what I should have said, Gambler.
Speaker 1: That camera is right in the way.
Speaker 3: When I tell you, when I tell you I'm doing like this, you think I'm in dodge.
Speaker 1: We don't have that read memorized just yet. But we're still working.
Speaker 5: We did.
Speaker 1: We're almost there, all right. So now we've got the free agent frenzy with theme music apparently, right Jason.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm gonna add theme music to this because we're gonna be doing it for a while. And uh, when I think of frenzy, I think of like Joel's music. I don't know, what do you guys think when it's yeah yeah, well.
Speaker 4: You know the music they play. When when when Jason chasing you and people always follow on the ground and crawl and look back like I just I just think of Dundun Dunn.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was thinking something a little bit more optimistic, something more not a holly yeah like cool, because it's like, you know, like this is an opportunity for the team, new free agents, new opportunity. It's a frenzy of excitement as as well.
Speaker 6: That's how we're saying. I'll put a couple of these in here while we're talking about it. Our fans can vote for the one they want moving forward, leave a comment.
Speaker 2: Sounds good.
Speaker 1: So let's start with the one that I've been getting the most probably comments about. Yeah, right, is Marcus Marriotta. Yeah, and I think some people are very high in the move, but more more people I talk to are kind of like question the move.
Speaker 4: They're saying, is he identify you? Is he identify you who were gonna drink?
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Like, so they trying to And I tell people that really has nothing to do with it now that I think about it, because what if I want my second screen quarterback to be a switch hitter, do something different than my starter does.
Speaker 5: So at the end of the day.
Speaker 4: I can't look at it identify And plus these top three quarterbacks kind of do the same thing in a way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just different different colors.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, different different speeds they do every finger speed, Like, Caleb's not the fastes the fansest out of him is Daniels.
Speaker 5: He not the biggest. Daniel's not the biggest because that's Drake.
Speaker 1: Well, and the Drake can run but not as well as Cale, but he can throw over the middle of the field better. They've all got different ticks, but they all I think they all would work in a version of the offense that we watched in twenty twenty one with Cliff Kingsbury. The question I have is, again, I don't know if it's an indicator necessarily, Tanna that My question to you is like, does this get you excited? Do you think he can be a mentor for a young guy coming in? And like, how do you think that will be? Like for me? I think a mentor? And I'm like, man, we should have kept Jacoby for sett Now. I don't think that was an option in talking with people affiliated with that with that decision, because I think Jacoby wanted to go be be a starter. I think that's good for Jacoby, go do that. Do you think Mariota fills that Bill is a guy that you want in the room with a young player.
Speaker 3: That's a great question, bro, I mean, I honestly, you know, and I'm still searching for the answer because I'm I'm looking like, Okay, maybe this staff knows something that we don't know, you know what I mean, And maybe he is one of those guys that they they've seen him in the in the room at this position, you know, being that second guy, or being a guy who they're not gonna really gonna you know, heavenly count on for this year to lead us nowhere to be a great guy, for a young guy that they can that they can lean on, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean. I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: I haven't I haven't heard that he's one of those type of guys. But maybe this the staff knows something a.
Speaker 2: Little more and they know him.
Speaker 3: And that's what I'm saying exactly, so you know, I think also getting back to the question of does he identify who we're gonna get in the draft, it's another great question because I thought when I saw him come here then it was almost like, Okay, getting damned because they're going to have to make sure he tell him listen to this guy, he's gonna tell you, you.
Speaker 5: Know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But then again, like you just said, maybe we want to get a guy that can have a little you know, difile and then get another guy who's not quite him but can do some of the same things and Drake.
Speaker 2: So I don't know, but I'm looking at it like this.
Speaker 3: I think when you have a guy that played amount of you know, games that he's played, seen what he's seen, being a high draft picks, it's not a bad idea to have a guy like that in the building, regardless if he identifies with being that kind of a leader in the room or not.
Speaker 2: I'm sure.
Speaker 3: And when he gets on the field, he can show any guy who's playing that position. Hey, I'm a veteran and these are some of the things I've learned through the course of me playing this game.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to me, that's more probably the important thing about this signing is like what kind of mentor is And like when Jacobe came in, like anybody you talked to from Indie, anybody you talked to from Indianapolis, anybody I had played with that had worked with him, just had nothing but glowing things to say about you. And with Marcus, it's not quite that emphatic, how it is, But like you know, he, like you said, watching them, he's been in the league for a long time. And what I find is dudes that have been around, they've got the tricks of the trade and then sometimes.
Speaker 2: Like the older you get too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the older you get, the more experience you have, the more of those things you have.
Speaker 4: So and I think he's just more quiet and unassuming. But I'm sure the guys in the quarterback room.
Speaker 5: He talks to Wave, then he talks to everybody else. And you know, if you're holding the clipboard and it's got to.
Speaker 1: Come to the sideline.
Speaker 4: He a type guy, sit you down, hey man, this is what happened on his plate.
Speaker 5: This is what I saw, and that's what you want.
Speaker 4: You want his perspective in situations, and I think that's what he's gonna bring to that youngster in those situations is.
Speaker 5: A grown mind and a grown thoughts.
Speaker 4: And I think this year really showed you, especially after watching this year, I think sixty plus quarterbacks started in games, so people said, I need a backup forgetting my starter, Like if we don't have a backup, the season is gone.
Speaker 5: And I think New York Jets really shocked people.
Speaker 4: After Aaron got hurt and now you got Zach Wilson and the season going down the track.
Speaker 3: It was almost like the I am going to cut your It's almost like the running back position. At one point in time, you just look for those marquee guys, and now it's like we need two or three guys. We need for show, two guys on our team that can carry the load. And so it seemed like quarterback is trending that way now too, because at one point in time, the quarterback position, these guys are gonna stay in the pocket, they barely get in touched. Yeah, you know we're gonna protect them. Now these guys getting outside the parkt more so, we need another guy. They need a guy who's going to come in here and be able to lead us come mid season or somewhere down the line where our quarterback get nicked up a little bit.
Speaker 2: We need a guy that could come out here right now and we don't.
Speaker 5: Have to change the offense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's the other question that is kind of yet to be determinabill know better as we get towards training camp. But is he the guy that you feel great about him coming in for you and winning some games? And I don't know, you know, like the last time he played he was a start in Atlanta. He did some good things, struggle with some stuff, but in that spot, duty maybe comes in as a little bit more productive.
Speaker 4: So we also seen a lot of quarterbacks with Arthur Smith's offense down in Atlanta not do well because I think they really like took the pass away and just ran the ball off.
Speaker 1: So like when you listen is we're getting off topic, But when you watch Arthur Smith's offense with Desmond Ritter, Yeah, they put so much on the position, like checks, motion shifts. We got to move this guy. I got sighted just so I gotta work it. And so that's a lot. Yeah, and so maybe if you kind of get him in a different system and it's a little bit more down, yep, we'll see another guy Healing Ferrell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, former is the fourth overall ye.
Speaker 1: Back when they were in Oakland, right, Yeah, and uh, have you guys watched him? All I can start.
Speaker 5: I watched he been playing for the forty nine ers.
Speaker 4: He was in rotation for the forty nine ers, made some plays, flashed a little bit. But hopefully he can find a home here because he haven't found his niche yet.
Speaker 5: You know how some guys ain't found that perfect fit yet.
Speaker 4: And then coming into the league that I have a pick that much fresh, Yeah, yeah, the most definitely overdrafting when you overdraft a guy sometime they never catch back up to where they're supposed to be. But if he's coming here and he's looking and he says, all right, it's John Allen right there, Dryn Payne, I got a slot right here, and then if I can get in here and hold this shlot down, I maybe can live up to my draft status.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think, to me, it's just he he's uh, he's a rotational guy. Being the football player reminds me a lot of James Smith Williams when you watch the film, kind of like like heavy hands, heavyhead, kind of guy that's gonna give you set, a hard edge, has some athletic twitch, but a little stiff in the hips. But again, like I think when you look at what Dan's done in his time and now Went has done with the defenses down in Dallas, is they just have a good form and rotation. So everyone's gonna be fresh reps, everyone's gonna opportunities. And I think that's what it gives you, just gives you a piece of you know, maybe not have the highest ceiling, but he's got a solid, good high floor. Yeah, that's exactly right.
Speaker 3: I mean, you took the words of my mouth. You know a rotational guy. He's a guy that you never know. He may be surprised us because this defense is going to get him opportunity to be in there at times when he's fresh and he can go out there and get after that quarterback.
Speaker 2: So just a staple.
Speaker 3: Get just another guy that you can add to a line that we're trying to fill in voids. You see what I'm saying, Getting more bodies in that position. And when you have a guy, Mama, I talk to you about as a receiver, you got certain guys that want.
Speaker 2: To be out there every down. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then I remember, and I always had his mindset like I'm a guy I'm blazing almost every down. So when I ain't get the ball, I'm coming out. I'm gonna take that breather because when I come back again third down, never know I'm fresh. And it wasn't until I got to Mike Shanahan that he saw the same thing. But instead of him having me as a starter, he says, look, bro, I want you in the third down when you when you know you're coming in there to move to change. And I look at a guy like this with him, You know who knows if he gonna come in here and be that starter.
Speaker 2: But the way they run their defense.
Speaker 3: Hey they got you know what I'm saying, You got guys man that could come in and just like you know, just like when you watch the Cowboys a year ago.
Speaker 2: We used to be sitting up like, who is this guy making a damn play? But that's that's what this defense allow you to do. So I think he's a solid piece you know, saw to pick up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so too. And I think, you know, like you said, part of that rotation. The other guy that's part of the rotation is Dante Fowler Junior, and.
Speaker 2: We saw him We're to do something the same thing we just talked about.
Speaker 1: I think they kind of fit the same role. I think when you look at Fowler, he was a guy that I think has more pass.
Speaker 4: Rushed juice outside back of Colin Fair. But this is what I do loove when I look at all these Dude, I was looking at the list not too long ago the other.
Speaker 5: Day all X first round draft like the world so you know it's there's some player in there.
Speaker 4: Is in question is the coaching staff probably sit down and say can we.
Speaker 5: Can we unlock it can we be unlocked, but the other coaches couldn't.
Speaker 3: It's almost like talking about your kids and you hadn't seen them turn that coner yet You're like, he got my blood. As long as he keeps chipping at it, you know what I mean, eventually it's gonna come out of them. That's how I look at some of these things. I'm like, you're getting you it's a pattern there, all these guys. You're picking up X number two, X number four pay off high picks. Yeah, and you're like, why didn't they Why didn't we see that over there where they was at last?
Speaker 2: And it's all about getting in the right scheme.
Speaker 3: That's one of the things Joe Whitt spoke on first, you know, the first day he said in his seat, he said, man, look, were looking for the guys that we can get.
Speaker 2: And fit what we like to do, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So obviously these guys have showed them some on film that they say, hey, we want that guy because we can unlock what he has in himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I think the one thing that Dan said that sticks out to me too, and Witt said the same thing, as we want to like guys with traits, right, And so when I look at Quelan Taylor, like he's good at seting edges in the run game. Right, He's a physical, rotational guy that has value. Let's maximize what that is.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I think Dante Fowler has some pass rush juice, So can we get him out there as like the third defensive end and rush and move him inside, move him outside, and like I think about when he was in at Florida rush in the past or they moved him all over the formation, Like he's not that guy that he was in college, but he's got some skills. So again, I'm excited that a coaching staff, the coaching staff here is a group that can identify traits and say how do we maximize this player? Because I want I want Cleveland failor in or excuse me on first down yea, and I want Dante Faller in on third down? Right, So like, how do we maximize those skill sets? The guy that I may be most excited for, quite honestly is the next guy is Jeremy Chin missed and he you know, didn't play a lot last year in Carolina, like kind of not an injury, but just more of a stylistic difference in terms of how they wanted to play their defense. But a guy that was up for defensive rookie the year he came in second to Chase and you know, I can play that kind of buffalo nickel in the box. And I think about what they did in Dallas with all of like those big safety type guys that cover tight ends, can play in the slot, can be a linebacker, and that's what he is. And I think he's a little bit more athletically, athletically dexterous, a.
Speaker 5: Little bit more explosive than Cam Curll.
Speaker 2: Bit head bustle wigs split, that's what I call him. Head bustle wig exploit.
Speaker 4: Alwa told him right down, we can it, and having a conversation with him, he is very sour on what happened is eating them up, like it's totally eating them up. So he's just chumping at the beat to get out there.
Speaker 5: Improved. Carolina made a mistake, and I.
Speaker 4: Love, like I always asked players, like is it something else? This this got you on fire? And he's like, yeah, man, first of all, they ain't seen the best of me. Nobody has. Catalanda didn't give me a chance to really play last year, so I'm fresh, you know what I'm saying, fresh and hungry. It's too dangerous mixtures.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you like on film even last year when he didn't play a Tony kind of reminds me like a poor man's Kyle Hamilton a little bit, you know what I'm saying, Like, he's this big body that isn't quite a line back and.
Speaker 4: Stop using it poor man because I tried to describe one of my ex girlfriends as like a poor man's beyond saying she like cuts me out, So I just stopped using it.
Speaker 1: That's probably would you, with your decision.
Speaker 5: Describe your girl as like a poor man like? Yeah, look at her, she looks like a poor man's Beyonce. She was like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Jason had to make a note over there to make sure we're not get in trouble. But yeah, so I think I think that So yeah, but I think, but I think if you can again, if you have a defensive group of coaching staff that can maximize a unique skill set and a guy that I think can still play like you're watching some of his key players from last year, man like hits, gets downhill and moves well in space, that'd be an exciting piece for dan Quinn and uh and went to maximize it.
Speaker 2: And he's still young.
Speaker 1: Yeah what I'm saying, yeah's his.
Speaker 5: Youth on his side.
Speaker 1: And the great thing he's on a proven deal, you know, you know, one for five and in home green. Yeah, and I like that you said that that's an exciting opportunity. So the last guy I haven't watched yet because I didn't even know that he signed because so many guys have signed. But Noahgogay, way to nail that Banogamy, You're gonna mess me up.
Speaker 5: Messed up.
Speaker 1: And now from the Miami Dolphins. And you said you've watched him a little bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The first former first round pick never got on the field was because because of those two coners that they had down in Miami said could get on the field, and he got hurt early in the thing, so he was he was hurt more than keep switt at the beginning of his grip.
Speaker 5: So this is why he never really got going. Uh.
Speaker 4: But scrown, big, big bonedy cone, fast corner.
Speaker 5: Not as as much of.
Speaker 4: A ball hawk as I would like, but more of a PBu type guy. But one of those youthful guys that have it.
Speaker 2: I think you know the system.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean was he was with the he the first three years of the Dolphins. Last year's with the Cowboy, So you know what I mean, He's a system guy that they know they can count on the coming play.
Speaker 4: He can play nickel, so he could play inside, which we have no body solidified is to solidified.
Speaker 1: This is our and the way you described him, kind of that big body and there it's important to the NFL to.
Speaker 3: Have got a build like like Kwan a little bit and got a bigger than a little bigger than Kwan, but muscular build, you know what I mean to him, I mean it looked like he could run around a little bit. He only got one exception. But you know, like I talked about bodies, talking about guys coming in here that can feel a void. I mean, you need bodies, you know. It's one of the things we talked about in the secondary loan, especially the way they play the ball. I want to see this physical style of play. So obviously they believe he could come in here and and bring that kind of play.
Speaker 4: Since when you have guys like a manual full who's more on the skinny side. I need to add somebody over there with some boat to them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it's awesome with free agency to kind of see these pieces coming. But I think the thing I'm most excited for now is, like, you know, off season workouts, Like how do these guys start implementing into these different roles and can they find spaces and how do they maximize within this defense. Another two guys I thought we should talk about returning guys, not very familiar guys. Jeamie Reeves and Jamison Crowder both re signed to the team. I think those are great signings. Yep, let's clop that up. Give him around a pla. I appreciate them, boy, because you know Jeremi Reeves special teams ace. Yeah, I think you know pro bowler at.
Speaker 5: That coming out with injury.
Speaker 4: Glad for him because he's when people say hort and soul, one of them hot soul guys.
Speaker 2: And proud of crowded.
Speaker 5: Crowded.
Speaker 4: Didn't he have a team at the beginning of last year and he ran. He returned like I need a job.
Speaker 3: He returned, and he also showed them offensively there I can be your slot guy.
Speaker 1: You need me to be so and talk about a guy that kind of fits that. You know, like both those guys m Crowder, Uh, you know obviously playing that slot role had a really dynamic and forget which game that was, but really productive. And then Reeves I thought, just did a great job at times being that kind of Buffalo nickel player another body that's.
Speaker 3: Alshow probably was the most physical defensive back we had last year. When he got in the game, like, he showed that grit, he showed that tenacity, he showed how Joe Whit said he going to come to the game, you know, he wanted he wanted he wanted them guys to be you know, wake up that morning and chose violence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's how Reeves played the game.
Speaker 3: He played like that on special teams, played that way in the secondary. I won't be surprised that they try to use him the secondary a lot more, you know what I mean, because I think he has that he has that ability to go out there and be more valuable to this team, to this secondary.
Speaker 2: The way they played the game, I think that fits re style of play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, And I think we're optimistic. We should be optimistic. It's in the offseason, but still got a lot of growing to do, a lot of things to come together, but we're excited about some of these mops. All right, now it's time for would you Rather? Presented by Northwest Federal Credit Union, the official credit union of the Washington Commanders. Stop searching, go Northwest. Check out NWFCU dot org slash Washington to see how easy it is to join, and our Northwest can help make your money work for you. Stop by a branch or visit NWFCU dot org slash Washington today. All right, so now would you rather? And I think, are Jason you coming on this? Let's see what we got here? He's getting his headphones on. He's not it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm in not.
Speaker 5: Just regular Jason, regular, Jason facilitated.
Speaker 1: It's Jason Kuiper, right, Yeah, No, that's the other show that's sick of the draft. So we'll keep just.
Speaker 6: Reading Game Manager right here.
Speaker 1: So what's the point of the segment, Jason? What we got?
Speaker 6: All right? So the point of this segment is with the draft coming up, there are a lot of teams in the quarterback in the draft, right, It's assuming we're taking in quarterback a number two, that's you. Overall consensus but there are options that are out there that are floating out there. There's a lot of moves that have been going around in the NFL. There's some teams that clearly need a quarterback that need to move up to get one.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 6: So with all the shuffling that's been going around, I'm gonna ask you, would you rather have this quarterback or this draftable rookie quarterback?
Speaker 5: All right? All right? Cool?
Speaker 6: And I'm gonna ask you these based on some teams that need a quarterback. So, for instance, here's the first one, the Raiders. They have Gardner Minshew Mississippi Mad Would you rather have Gardner Minshew, Zippy Main or move up and get a JJ McCarthy or Michael Pennock Junior.
Speaker 4: I like to be realistic in my approach to this. I think JJ will be gone.
Speaker 1: They gotta move up.
Speaker 4: Though I would say, if I close my eyes and think about it, I will rather have Michael Pennix Junior. He looks like a Raider. I'm just saying because he Michael Pennick Jr. He might be besides JJ the most I'm ready to start now the back like I'm ready to start.
Speaker 5: The day I come in there all right. He got some age on them, maturity all right.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: He the only lifty after group. He can make every throat he spend it out, he could spind it. So when I closed my eyes, I could see Michael Pennix.
Speaker 5: Walking out of the tunnel as a raider. I don't see JJ is a raider.
Speaker 1: You pretty boy for that pretty boy, for that town.
Speaker 5: What you got.
Speaker 3: I like Pennix too, but I would say right now, for this team, I don't think they have the capital.
Speaker 2: Or they need too many pieces to be moving up trying to get a quarterback.
Speaker 3: So I would think I would take I would take the mustache. I mean, he looks like a rated to the way he plays like a raider. He's he has that grit bottom. He's gonna go out there and get those guys fired up. He had a little Heinekey in him, you know what I mean, Like he got that same kind of little thing that Heineke has.
Speaker 2: Just go play, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: He went over crowds everywhere he goes, so he's gonna have he's gonna have some success over there.
Speaker 1: And for me, and this is in the perfect role to what I do is I keep Minshew and I draft Jjjcarty and I let JJ McCarthy sit for a year, is what I would do, because I think while I think JJ McCarthy's extremely talented, I think he's he's not where I wanted to be from a development standpoint. I don't think you can get there one hundred percent. Yeah, I think he could be. You could end up being the best quarterback in this class because, like when you watch his tape, high level production on third down and pushing the football in the pro throws, pro concepts. So a guy that I like a lot. So that's how I would do it. I would keep Minshew and then I would have JJ sit for a year, and then in twenty twenty five, I'd be like, it's time for me to roll. And then I do think Michael Pennix, to Fred's point, Ken Spinett, but I don't know. There's something about the way he sees the middle of the field that gives me that gets me nervous. But if he's there in the second round, I think you jump all over that and kind of operate under the same principle.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, I have him the next one here. Our division rivals to Giants currently have Daniel Jones and Drew Locke on the Rocks.
Speaker 1: Stinks.
Speaker 6: They're picking at six. They're picking at six, so the chance of them getting a Jaden Daniel was there, Drake may pretty nil. Would you rather have Daniel Jones and Drew Locke or have them move up?
Speaker 1: Daniel? What if the trade package? What if the trade package was you get Daniel Jones and a first round pick. You know what I'm saying, and you get it's like as like you got a player and two picks to move up so they could take u they could take Daniels.
Speaker 4: Listen, their room is constantly is it is today, It's the worst room in n NFL.
Speaker 5: Let's be honest. It stinks. Now what is male?
Speaker 2: Like a baby's pam now bit his tongue a little bit.
Speaker 5: But I also like to say, you know, really, listen, who would look good in that that that blue, that red, that white.
Speaker 4: I could see Drake may Rock he would he would look He would actually look Drake maybe like he built for that.
Speaker 3: Like Jones from Carolina too, isn't he Yeah, yes, play from somewhere over there.
Speaker 4: So he just looked like a giant. He looks like a giant quarterback. When I if I got to pick out a Drake May and Jr.
Speaker 3: Day, Yeah, yeah, I would say, I would say Drake May find a way to move up and get Drapan. I think I think he fits what they do over there, like like you close your eye, like like if I want to close my eyes and vision somebody in that uniform, because every time we go in that stadium is just Drewry.
Speaker 2: So he looks like back that fits in that big, big arm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't matter what the weather is, don't matter how down it is, he gonna go out.
Speaker 2: There and play good football. Yeah he fits that man.
Speaker 1: Make another poor man in comparison. But you know, Jaydon Daniels, Drake May, excuse me, poor man of our guy Josh Allen up in Buffalo. You know what I'm saying, a little bit less athletic arms, not quite as live. But how does some of that playmaking grit to him?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 1: And I think that that's something that Brian dave Ball would just fall over himself to get because.
Speaker 2: It would be surprised.
Speaker 1: Either. One of the things about uh got some messal on these danners up Daniel Jones, is that he doesn't throw the ball over the middle of field very well. And when you look at our guy Drake may like that is where he is. I think if I'm Brian day Ball, I'm probably like, I don't really like what's going on the problem is they just paid dannage On so much money.
Speaker 4: Yeah they got they only they only only hooked for this year, like after this year they'll be fining. And don't forget they signed Brian Burns. I got him opposite temple though. This when the Giants turn it on, when they have they rush in. So now they probably feel like we're one quarterback away.
Speaker 6: Does the Giants moving up with trading with us?
Speaker 5: We're not going to do it.
Speaker 2: We're not if we do do.
Speaker 6: It, what's the tax for that?
Speaker 5: All? I want?
Speaker 6: How much? You asking?
Speaker 4: What they got the number five, pick six, pick six six, give me number six, give me your number two, you second round pick and number one probably after that number one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it'd be a big it'll be a big pick, come get it. But I can see it. But I could see that, like, come get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean I don't feel bad at getting the number six pick. If it we're gonna get all that I know we still need a quarterback. And if you're not sure about the next two guys, I feel like.
Speaker 4: It's one tackle and you know at least a wide receiver of being the top five, you know at least somewhere.
Speaker 5: So from seeing that six, I'm gonna get somebody.
Speaker 1: And also that then have three second round picks in the top what you could trade back you first and if like you know, Bonnicks or JJ starts sliding a little bit like what we got. So I do think there's I know we're dealing, we're fast dealing there, but we can we can make something happen there.
Speaker 2: That will happen when you have capital, man, you have picks, you can do what you want.
Speaker 6: Adam Peters is really.
Speaker 2: Boy, you hit me all right?
Speaker 6: The Broncos they currently.
Speaker 1: That is the most interesting one.
Speaker 5: I think, let's ride.
Speaker 6: Do they do they trade up? Did they trade up? Would you rather have Jared Stidham or Drake may or a bone next to you?
Speaker 5: Do they win.
Speaker 1: Fourteen?
Speaker 6: I'll look it up to be a jack bath.
Speaker 3: I know they will to do something. They might they might get you have ownership right now.
Speaker 1: They say they don't have any pick twelve of twelve.
Speaker 5: They gave him off for Russell.
Speaker 4: All right, So maybe I see I see bow Knicks going up there his first press conference, let's ride.
Speaker 5: I can see boat.
Speaker 1: Knicks as that bronco I picked for him.
Speaker 4: I understand, But we're talking about a head coach in his mind. I'm a quarterback guru. Look, and I have a quarterback with a lot of snaps under his belt college wise. In bow Knicks, I could plug him in and protect him with this defense in his run game and let him grow slow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I ain't got I ain't got a lot to give.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go ahead and say, you canna have part ownership in the team, and I'm gonna need a their wall pick. I'm gonna go get Drake may.
Speaker 2: Gotta throw something, throw something out. I'm being funny, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But man, I see them going not with not with Buddy Jared in the damn quarterback talking about ride with him. So I don't kill I don't care who Sean Payton think he is. He ain't doing nothing with him.
Speaker 1: So with seump with uh with Garrett saidam they won like six of eight games two years ago. You know what I mean? In New Orleans when he was coaching on Yeah, he just gets you know, he just pulling strings and making so maybe he's like, I'm that dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's an indoor, indoor stadium. So I'm pretty sure you know a lot of that stuff played the role. You know, I don't know, Drake man't go get them.
Speaker 6: And now we have the the Vikings. They're picking at number eleven and they lost, so they have Sam Donald. They traded for Sam Donald. So if you're the Vikings at eleven, are you would you rather have Sam Donald to start the season or do you just get a quarterback Daniel?
Speaker 3: You know, I don't think Sam Donald's that bad man. I'm gonna start this month good. You're right, But I'm saying like he's familiar with that offense because your boy, who's the head coach over that it came from the ram, so he's familiar. I'm sure they probably still will want somebody else, you know, other than Sam Donald, but I won't feel bad if they get nobody and had to start a season with Sam Donald.
Speaker 4: I know you when you would not walk into foot locker and buy you shoe.
Speaker 5: You would go in there and say, you know what, the freeway shoe. Give me that U shoe. That's what Donald is, a huge.
Speaker 1: Shoe, meaning Sam Donald.
Speaker 3: No, but my thing is with all these guys, and it's not bad having any one of these quarterbacks because with the draft being what it is and how it.
Speaker 2: Had always unfolds, Yeah, you can get one of these guys. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a bow Knicks. It's gonna be I mean, a Pennix junior.
Speaker 3: Somebody gonna be around. I see when it's happening. You want to spend that money, go get them.
Speaker 4: JJ McCarty has proved at Michigan. I'm a cold water, a cole Weather quarterback in Minnesota. You gotta play in Chicago, you got to play at Green Bay. He is more equipped than the West Coast quarterbacks to come into that until the Midwest and have no setbacks.
Speaker 5: So if I'm the Vikings, the only.
Speaker 4: Player in the first round that I really care about is JJ McCarthy.
Speaker 5: You know, at the end of the.
Speaker 4: Day, he fits everything I need, especially with the I mean the head coach they got over there, McLam They know how to push the ball down the field. I got a number one receiver with JJ with Jeshon Jefferson, I got a tight end with TJ.
Speaker 5: Horkinson to make it easy for right now.
Speaker 4: If you plug in JJ McCarty to that Minnesota team, they might be a contender.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And obviously he's got some growing to do. But the thing that I find interesting is kind of taking a little bit of Tennis point and a little bit of Fret's point, is what if you feel like you get away with Sam Darnald for the season where you drop bow next and you let him sit and develop and grow in that offense, or Michael Pennix or whoever it is at eleven, I don't I don't think you trade to get that twenty third pick here from Houston without thinking you're going to move up. So I don't think this is going to happen. But so obviously they don't feel that way about Sam Darnold. But I think they are definitely in the court. Like of all these teams, because of the actions they've taken so far, they are the most in the quarterback market. It just depends on how high they can get. And I would think, based on like what I've seen on film, Drake May would be their guy, which means they'd have to to ensure that.
Speaker 5: They got to come nuts, they'd have to get to two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So like what would it take for them to go from eleven to two? That would make you happy? Saying maybe we don't want to take a quarterback here? Like what would it take from then? They'mnisode?
Speaker 5: Hey, Fred, I need you, I need your future.
Speaker 1: I got eleven, I got twenty three. I'll give you a second this year, and I got a first next year and a first after date. All right, now that's four. How about I give you how about I give you another two? How beut I give you a first and a second next year. I'll give you two first this year. Yep, I'll give you one next year. I'll give you a second. I'll give you a third round pick this.
Speaker 5: Year, coming end up with three first rounds and two second rounds. Yes, five picks to get here. I can build a team.
Speaker 1: How about how do we make that? How about we make that second next year a third? No, it's got to be a second.
Speaker 5: It gotta be a I'm taking nothing less than seconds in first.
Speaker 1: How about a third?
Speaker 5: Then a payphon?
Speaker 1: I want to how about a third?
Speaker 2: Effect put the quarter in.
Speaker 5: No, this is what I want. First and seconds.
Speaker 4: Other than that, we ain't talking because evidenty you want this guy. You have identified this guy, and I got all.
Speaker 5: The power is in my head.
Speaker 2: You have the leverage.
Speaker 5: So this is what I want you to do. I want your future. I want all of it, not some of it, Like for the next three years.
Speaker 4: I want to be picking Washington picks in Viking picks.
Speaker 5: That's what I want in case.
Speaker 4: You know what, In case I don't get my quarterback this year and I can move up and get your door, I can move up and get who I would get hot next year.
Speaker 1: I could.
Speaker 5: You know, I just won't leverage and I want maneuverability.
Speaker 1: I totally agree. But it would take it. So I guess the point is there five people it would take a lot. Yeah, take a lot. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So that does their last one here leads nice thing to your last one. This is the Washington focus. Would you rather? Would you rather trade out of that number two spot and get that draft capital or just take a quarterback?
Speaker 2: That's a good question, is yeah, I'm one of that.
Speaker 5: I'm wanted. People like quality over quantity, because.
Speaker 4: We all know if we pick ten draft picks, all ten won't be great pros all right, So I'm going to say, do I feel like it's another for show quarterback in here other than Kayleb?
Speaker 5: Do you feel like.
Speaker 4: It's one guy that you know, like besides for sure quarterback?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: You don't feel like that.
Speaker 4: Do you feel like it's a couple of for sure tackles in the dress?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Or like as for sure as you can go?
Speaker 5: Do you feel like it's a couple for sure dns in Israel?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: So would you rind a half a for sure tackle in a for sure first round d N then a questionable quarterback?
Speaker 1: Well? I think this is the thing that I keep going back to because people ask me this all the time, and I'm like, when you look at the history of quarterback evaluation.
Speaker 2: I think this week so hard.
Speaker 1: We need to do a study on this, Like when I just need to document them all out, write them down, see the production, and then have actual numbers here. But it's like less than thirty percent hit right, right, less than twenty So as much as I like Drake May, as much as I like Jane Daniels, I'm going to buy the history a history, set the precedent here, and trust that I'm not going to be right here. And the thing that does work consistently is good teams. Like a good team, let Brock Purty chill for a year and then Brock Purty became Brock Purtty, right, a good team. Let Jayden Daniels develop for a year and then he became Jays.
Speaker 5: Allow Pat Mahomes to ride the bench for you.
Speaker 1: And then how do you get a good team? You get bild, you murder in the draft, and so you got to hit on draft picks. But if I've got a lot of high caliber draft picks, not only can I trade for free agency assets, but I can get good football players or people that are more consensus good football players better athletes. Right. So that's the thing I keep thinking about, is like if I trade back with Minnesota and i get to eleven and twenty three, and I've got all these second round picks, right, and I say, and I'll probably get on the second from them. Can I use two of those seconds and a third next year to trade up five spots and pick JJ or pick whoever I want? And then is JJ with a starting left tackle with a good end with a nice additionate linebacker with the starting with Cooper Dejene for example, in that second, like, are those five players supporting him allowing him to be more productive? Or we get another receiver? Like that's where I'm like, that is very very enticing to kind of accelerate this process.
Speaker 4: I would be tempty, like I'd be literally draf day my phone wide open, like I would be very tempted to say yes.
Speaker 1: It would need to be a good offer. I would need to be more indecisive about the quarterbacks than I probably I'm pretty indecisive on him now, but like I'm.
Speaker 3: Going to say the same thing, like you made a point. You got Caleb to us, like he's like the show. Then I look at Daniels, I look at Drake, McCarthy, Pennix and bold Nicks. All those guys fit in the same circle to me, same group.
Speaker 2: I mean, I.
Speaker 3: Truly believe that hitter. You can miss some eat to eat one, but they all good. They all have talent, they all have potential. So if I can use my leverage with this second.
Speaker 4: Round pick and the add motality and add more talent and add and be able to get a team willing to give.
Speaker 2: Me whatever I want, Yeah, why not?
Speaker 3: Why not go and say, look, man, I can add the pieces on the offensive line.
Speaker 2: I can get more picks.
Speaker 3: And willing deal later on in this draft with those picks, and I could get more picks for next year, for the future, and maybe find another guy that if this quarterback that I found later in the first round or later in the second round that doesn't work.
Speaker 2: And get that, like you're talking about your doing somebody next year?
Speaker 5: Yeah, why not?
Speaker 3: Especially now you're getting a chance to build the foundation a little more. You're getting to put getting to add more pieces to the to that line that's needed, or to your defense, or to you know, wherever it may be able to need to be filled. So I think you're in a great spot. And this isn't for podcast reasons, you know what I mean. We're just in the here talking. Who knows what's going to happen.
Speaker 1: Let's make sure fans are clear threatened to kill.
Speaker 3: Me that we're just talking. But when you really think about it, if you're not so keyword sold on those next two guys, if you ain't in love bro, who man, look and you think one of those other guys might be around, if you're trade back, yeah, hey, shoot your shot.
Speaker 4: You got to ask yourself, if I plug a quarterback in here right now, are we will contending? That's the big question you have to ask yourself. Uh, I need a left tack corner. I need a I need an answerusher.
Speaker 1: Different edge.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I need things.
Speaker 1: Just see more talents. You just see more talent on the roster. Yeah, And that's how you get That's one of the ways to get it is to get more draft capital. And I think Philly the next one job of this model. A couple of years ago, they looked like they were on fire. Then they drafted, well, they got a who bunch of pieces in there, quarterback developed, they got healthy at the right time, and now they're one of the They were one of the best rosters in football teaeers.
Speaker 5: And we know this as a fact. Every year it happened.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be two players that was supposed to be in the top twenty. I was one of those guys. It's gonna fall Jason Carler last year failed.
Speaker 5: So I gotta have this way.
Speaker 4: I think them sickond round picks we got in our back pocket.
Speaker 5: That's the amo in case somebody falls.
Speaker 4: For Sean Nula, somebody falls and I need to get back in the first round to go get these guys.
Speaker 5: I think this delivered. You always want to have the.
Speaker 1: Other thing I think about too, and we've talked about this a ton on Ticket of the Draft podcast, But quarterback development and environment are so important. And is this environment, it's a roster and it's current iteration good enough to support a young quarterback's development. Are they able to elevate the roster? And that's the thing that I come back to, is like, maybe you need more pieces around the guy right to make it work. And again, like those are the questions. That's why Adam gets paid a ton of money, and that's why we sit here and do a podcast. Why you gave Because that's a hard decision.
Speaker 4: You give your young quarterback diverse running game. I got a thunder and lightning in the back for you. I give him my young quarterback the center he needs so he don't have to do any of the calls. I got an interior they's set up. I got cosmic, foundational guard on the right.
Speaker 1: I got my left guard, gritty, good pronunciation there, brother one, thank you.
Speaker 4: I shot the learning institution. I got the tight end over here with how much play no matter what. So I got some stuff set up for this guy's arrival, but does it make me a playoff team? And if it doesn't, I have to seriously think about I might need to trade down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's why Man Adam good luck, Man supports and yeah, but that's gonna do it for today's show. And thanks so much for listening and watching on YouTube. And please make sure you like and subscribe wherever you gets your podcasts. And that's gonna do it for today's show. Thanks for joining later here.
Speaker 4: With the dumbest policy.
Speaker 1: We are brought to you by Bet three sixty five. At Bet three sixty five, we don't do ordinary. We believe every sport should be epic. That's why we offer an in game experience which covers seventy eight sports and seven hundred and eighty thousand live streams to ninety million customers worldwide. Our online betting brand is powered by a world class proprietary product and over seven thousand employees across the globe. Whatever the sport, whatever the moment, it's never ordinary. A Bet three sixty five, the official sports betting partner of the Washington Commit, must be twenty one plus and physically located in Virginia. Please gamble responsibly. If you or someone you know it has a gambling problem and wants help, call one in hundred Gambler. The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.